Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: We have a a company pot luck today, so we'll excited.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm excited. Are you excited?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Why do you not like pot luck? Because I don't know these people. I don't know they kitchen. Just look and I'm not about to pull a cat hair out my mouth, Sally Macaroni.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to say that there's gonna be cat here? Why do you don't trust them? People look key being nasty?
Speaker 3: Okay, but you don't think these restaurants be nasty too well?
Speaker 4: I mean, hopefully they have a grading system. I just believe more in like the process of a kitchen and what it takes to like open a restaurant. Think they have more care, pay more attention to detail than just somebody that like put their feet on the same connor or the cats walk on the same connors.
Speaker 1: You're not even why is that you're such a curmudget?
Speaker 5: I just know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I like, like Amma and others.
Speaker 4: If I see a label on the bag you bring your stuff in, that's one thing.
Speaker 1: But if it's just yo, Pam for.
Speaker 2: What if the person, though, is somebody that you think is clean, Like when I look at certain people I go that persons clean like Angel, like Angel Tedesco. Even though she's got dogs and stuff, she's a clean person. She doesn't smell like wet dog, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Or when Lydia's mom cooks for us, that's a different thing.
Speaker 1: And I've been in their house. Their house is clean.
Speaker 4: It's just it's just the thing for me. I don't eat everybody's food, all right, So like that my whole life. Here's a question. Don't say names, but whose food would you not eat?
Speaker 6: Hers?
Speaker 1: I don't know?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: So can I tell you something? With his pot luck?
Speaker 2: The best thing every year at the potluck is Lester's. Oh It's like, okay, it is. He makes this thing. It is the most delicious thing ever. Look at and look at Lester. Lester always smells good. He's you know, his head is shiny because he's always making sure he's got a good shiny thing.
Speaker 1: Like with Lester.
Speaker 4: I love Lester, but knowing lesser for years, I'll take a spoonful. Yeah, I'm not gonna make a whole plate and like you know, quote unquote, bite off more than.
Speaker 1: I can choose you full of that. So I'm telling you so I.
Speaker 2: Donated to the thing, and it's coming from a restaurant. I donated the turkey and the stuff in perfect it's coming from a restaurant.
Speaker 1: Sign me, you're good with it. Do you want to see what I brought?
Speaker 8: I had high hopes of doing something, even though I can't cook. But I was like, all right, I'll bring something cute. It got to be like eight forty five. Last day, I'm like, I'm not doing this anymore.
Speaker 1: I brought all this wine cup channing, channing. Do you do it like I do it? Drink you when you're bringing wine, wine glasses?
Speaker 2: I what when you're bringing wine to a party? Do you bring the wine that you don't like?
Speaker 1: Like? I always bring the wine, Like if I'm going to like a house, Like if I'm going to your house and we're going to have like dinner as a couple, I'll bring. But if if I'm going.
Speaker 2: To a place where there's gonna be a bunch of people and they don't care the wine they're bringing.
Speaker 8: I have a friend who works for a wine distributor, so I like cases just delivered to me sometimes of wine I didn't specifically order, and it's so good wine.
Speaker 1: What's up, Amanda.
Speaker 5: High, good morning, everyone's good morning.
Speaker 2: We got our pot luck today? Are you uh into pot lucks?
Speaker 5: I can be, but I don't blame Kevin.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: There are so many people who, like, let's say, for example, Shannon, I'm not calling you out, so don't feel called out here who may let their their kids help them with the cooking. I don't kids kneeze and don't cover their mouths. They are I love them, but they are icky and God forbids. Someone's natty fingers are in that mac and cheese.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, I understand.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I never thought about that.
Speaker 5: I'm a home baker and I have cuts and the way that I do such an incredible deep clean because I'm so paranoid. Yeah, forbid, get it.
Speaker 2: About a single person like Anna Rob did you make something for this pot luck?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, you guys. I'm so stressed over this pot luck. So I thought I was gonna be on my Martha Stewart homemaker ish yesterday. I was not. I wanted to bring corn bread because we've been talking about it so much. Kevin's talking about eating chili with corn bread all the time. I was like, let's make some corn bread, went home, tried to make the corn bread.
Speaker 1: It went horribly.
Speaker 3: Why why I mean I was doing a little puff puff pass while I was cooking, and I was missing some ingredients like eggs. I don't like eggs, so that I'm like, shoot, what is an egg substitute? It's like apple sauce. So I'm like throwing a little apple sauce in there and then over seasoning things because I'm a little in the clouds. It came out of the oven. It was terrible. I ended up having to door dash fixings. They go gets corn bread.
Speaker 1: And because people are gonna eat it this morning.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I brought corn bread and biscuits from fixing.
Speaker 1: But yeah, you can't eat it yet. You got to put it out for the podlock.
Speaker 8: These people here are hawks. They're gonna eat it. I promise you somebody already.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Robin, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Robin?
Speaker 9: Black people don't eat at potluck.
Speaker 1: They don't real no.
Speaker 10: No, that is as the number one rule growing up.
Speaker 9: You don't. Your mom will always tell.
Speaker 7: You you don't eat it everybody's house.
Speaker 10: Some people just don't watch their.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, but what do they eat at they?
Speaker 2: I know that they have family reunions and stuff they eat it family okay.
Speaker 9: Family reunions.
Speaker 7: You know, it's certain people that are gonna cook that you.
Speaker 9: Know can cook.
Speaker 10: Big Mama always everybody eat a big Mama.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 10: We don't eat it.
Speaker 6: I'll be.
Speaker 1: That's funny, Oh, Robin, that's great.
Speaker 8: So what this makes me think of is even in because I and I do like a potluck, But even in elementary school, there were certain kids that brought in their birthday treats and I'm like, you're the runny nose kid whose nose runs from his nose to his mouth. I'm not eating your birthday Come you guys ever have baked sales in school?
Speaker 2: When you were kids, we had bake sales, and there was always the one kid that was the smelly kid that you just never wanted to touch this stuff.
Speaker 1: What's up in it?
Speaker 6: It's end?
Speaker 1: Yes Wednesday, I.
Speaker 9: First time, long time.
Speaker 6: So I'm with Kevin. I want the last caller. A lot of black folk and Mexican people are sold. I was taught not to eat out of the house, and in my specific case, I felt that I was a supervisor at a pharmacy.
Speaker 7: We always had pot locks.
Speaker 6: But this lady always she baked the most amazing banana bread. But we were always pulling cat or dog hair.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you know what I call that? I call that a Mary Palin. Mary used to work with me. She was in in our radio station, and she used to have cat hair all the time on top of her food.
Speaker 6: She even got her own hair in it once.
Speaker 9: So yeah, I ate out of, you know.
Speaker 6: Being nice.
Speaker 7: But I stopped eating up hot locks after that.
Speaker 1: That is so funny. Oh my gosh, Carson, what's up, Carson? How you doing?
Speaker 9: Hi? For time? Okay, so I'm just calling. Not everybody puts their hair up when they're cooking.
Speaker 2: My biggest petty, What would you rather a human hair or an animal hair?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 10: I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just nothing.
Speaker 1: At least. Yeah, you gotta take here's the deal.
Speaker 2: I'll eat your food if you show me a picture of you last night wearing a hairnut.
Speaker 1: What's up? Anne?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 7: Hi? So I agree with Kevan a few of the other collars. I would never do a hot look because at worst there was one specific woman who never washed her hands when coming out of the restaurant. Ooh yeah, so she bought a sam pub or Pasco chicken, and she proceeded to palm that chicken and cut it no way.
Speaker 3: No dam and she didn't even put that and she's still mess it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, m no washers that work in this building too, So I know what not to eat today, Crystal.
Speaker 7: Hi. Hi.
Speaker 10: So one time for Thanksgiving, my sister made a turkey and she did not clean the inside of it out. She left all the count stuff in there. Yeah, and she served it to everybody. And we're actually doing like a hot love Thanksgiving thing the twenty third and she's made a turkey.
Speaker 2: Oh God, she's got to clean the gizzards out of there, otherwise it's gonna take forever to cook that thing.
Speaker 1: Uh Uh, what's happening? How you doing, Rachel?
Speaker 9: Hey, y'all first time all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So my parents they had a restaurant growing up, so I am very cognizant of cleanliness of food and cleanliness of kitchens. My the health inspector would always come and eat my parents restaurant just to show you how clean it was. So when it comes to potlucks, I'm very suspicious about the food and every all the food that people bring, so I will look up on the sign up sheet and look at the people that I think are clean and only will eat their specific dish.
Speaker 2: I think we should have names next to all these ye we don't even know. We don't even get to see the sign up sheet. Right, He's hidden, Rachel. This is an idea. What if we were to ask the health department guy to come to the studios here and today to a health department on our potluck.
Speaker 7: I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think it would be so funny to have the guys show up here and it's like with his clipboard, where is Colleen Grant at?
Speaker 1: I'd like to talk to Colleen Grant. Please go ahead eat that potluck at the office. You have no idea who's cat dropped it here in there, and you'll never know who looked his spoon and kept using its use mojo in the morning. I never thought about living the spoons