Speaker 1: All right back with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 2: And rock I saw a thing yesterday and you and I were talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: Good and it was in I think it was eight he things. It was a national thing. It was just lot coal.
Speaker 2: This is all over the place talking about Holy youth sports has become so expensive that a lot of people can't afford it.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 3: And here's the stat Aspen Institute of a Sports and Society program whatever that is, and this is in partnership with Utah State and Louisiana TACH so a pretty big study. Family spending on youth sports jumped forty six percent from twenty nineteen to twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Survey found reaching an estimated forty billion dollars a year. So forty billion dollars of Americans money spent last year was on youth sports. Another stat Aspen Institute also found families spent an average of one thousand and sixteen dollars a year for one child's primary sport.
Speaker 1: And I would say that's probably accurate.
Speaker 2: Now, see, we can speak to this because especially you're you're older kid, but now you're a younger kid, or your middle kid is graduating into it, and I'm sure you have plans for the for your younger child to get on into it as well. So you're gonna be having three boys playing youth sports in that kind of environment. You're gonna be one thousands deep in this thing.
Speaker 3: Right Well, there is and then there's the travel, and then there's you know, the time commitment and all that.
Speaker 1: And and I do I see both sides of it.
Speaker 3: On one hand, I say it's ridiculous and and you know, when they're seven, is this determined whether they're gonna get in the NFL?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: But but I also see the other side is that And I'm telling you this right now, And if you have a son or daughter that's in you know, youth in middle school and high school sports, I think you will agree with me. These kids these days, ed are so well trained. Okay, these kids, these kids now are very very skilled. So if you if you want your kid to like be on like a good team, okay, and be able to compete.
Speaker 1: And you know, and and and.
Speaker 3: Contribute, you gotta be doing the speed training and the weight training and the you know, all all these sort of extra things that go in. And that's just not even the sport that's getting ready for the sport right.
Speaker 2: Now, as far as that stuff goes you you mentioned travel. Now, one of the things cited in here is a lady talking about out of out of town tournaments, blah blah blah, talking about going to UH to bitch and forge for a tournament that for actually it was a team training thing. Three practices for a week in UH. Three practices a day for a week in UH in Florida. Three grand.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: She also took her kids to play baseball at a tournament in Cooper's Down. She just says she's spent at least eight grand last year for a twelve year old. Now, how that's not going to be sustainable for a lot of people. I get what you're saying, Yeah, but man, it's got to be pretty important to you and your kid has to be a bit of a savant.
Speaker 1: Let's put it down.
Speaker 3: It does, and I think you've got to recognize, you know, some all the work in the world isn't you know some kids are.
Speaker 1: It's not gonna help them make it right.
Speaker 3: It's not gonna help I always tell people parents, in my opinion, you find out what you're early on. Find out what your kid is good at. Now, whether that's what you want him to be good at, or whether he's what he's actually good at, those are often two different things. But find out what he's good at, and then we're okay, we're gonna focus on this. And if he has a natural innate talent or she has a natural innate talent. I think it's on one hand, it's like what else you gonna, you know, spend your money on, you know, like, you know, invest in your kids.
Speaker 1: I think it's a very noble thing to do. I will say this too.
Speaker 3: Like I understand why parents begrudgingly go this route. It's because I have found and I think other parents would agree like that, there's a big chasm between like rec sports and select sports, and parents are oftentimes willing to pay for the more select sports because when you're paying money, you got people that are a little more dialed in, are a little more serious things, are a little more organized. I've experienced in some just rec leagues and during the course of my kids, you know, time plan and it's often's it's a disaster. There's no communication, there's no there's no nothing, and then you get there, there's no instruction there's no anything. So you're like, well, this is isn't costing me anything except it's cost me a tremendous waste of time. So I'd rather spend some money for them to be in something that they're gonna get something out of. Okay, then then to do this, you know, rec sort of situation that is isn't helping them get better at anything. It's wasting their time, it's wasting my time, and it's a it's a penny ass.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this. Do you think that now with nil money coming into college of course and maybe and well now recently high school, that that plays importing. Hey, if your kids showing any kind of initability in football, baseball, whatever the case might be, you might basically you're investing in the future if you think that child can advance and get into a high school, get paid.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand dollars or whatever it might.
Speaker 2: Be college, like the kids that just left Cincinnati making five mil to go and play what is it Texas Tech?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no one, because I mean it was that to a degree when I was younger, because it was like, God, if I can get my kid to get a scholarship, I don't have to pay college.
Speaker 1: How great is that?
Speaker 3: Well, now you're getting a scholarship and there is the possibility, very small, but a possibility that your kid could get some actual nil money from this. So you think that, Yeah, money motivates everybody. I don't care who you are. And if you're saying, well, god, they're kind of giving this out. Man, my kid's pretty good. Do I want to look back and say, hmm, maybe he could have got some of this, or she could have got some of this or experienced this if we had worked a little bit harder. And I think parents are going to err on the side of doing whatever they can and also too, I'll tell you this, like social media plays a big part of this as well, because I mean you can't go on your Instagram or Twitter or whatever and without being just bombarded with videos of some kid who's out there doing running back training and you're like, gosh, this kid's doing running back train. I guess my kid. So it's just compounding on itself. The good thing is it's again, it's making kids very good. I mean, kids that are twelve years old now are much better than kids that were years old twenty forty five years ago. Right again, because they're they're trained, they're skilled, they're they're doing these things at an early age, which is a good thing because the end of the day, that's what it's all about, is getting better. Are you getting better or you would becoming a better player. That's you can't control exactly if you're going to be better than this guy or that guy. But if you're getting better, that that's it perfectly within your control. And parents again, are willing to pay for that. Now, you had brought this up before that. I just brought up the nil and college and high school now, and but you had talked about the possibility. You see a future in the near future where kids to come into youth sports and think and and the parents present to you, Hey, you want my kid to play. He's not going to spend whatever, a thousand dollars for that trip to Orlando.
Speaker 2: You will pay for the trip, and somebody's got to give him another twenty five hundred.
Speaker 3: So that's the thing I think people, and certainly I am generous when it comes to, you know, helping a kid out, especially kid from a background where maybe they can't afford that They okay, and that's fine.
Speaker 1: I'm willing to do that.
Speaker 3: But the day and it'll happen, I guarantee you the day it'll come when somebody says, I good boy, would love to have so and so Johnny on my team, and the parent goes, well, we would love for him for you to coach him, but it's gonna cost a thousand bucks a month. And that's the day I can tell everyone listens to me, I won't nope, see, I won't do that.
Speaker 2: Because you won't do that because your teams, these teams aren't sponsored in any way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: Well like like right now, I you know, we're with a Black Sheep Performance which is you know, training facility, and they're you know, they're like, you know, the umbrella over our seven on seven team, and we've got a great team, right and again top athletes, top kids, top coaching.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's a machine. Right But yeah, I I wouldn't you know.
Speaker 3: And there's you know ways that we can you know, and I think you know, there's fundraising and things you do to try That's what I was one less when we do all that right to try to lessen the cost of of what it's going to be on people, because it is tough and you do the best he can to help people out. But yeah, I would it's crazy. I mean, the same article talks about you know, you sports activities. You know, the average was one thoy and sixteen, but some are some are talking about more than three thousand to five thousand.
Speaker 1: I believe it. I know people that have a daughter that play.
Speaker 3: You know, like a competitive like you know, club volleyball, and it's twenty five hundred bucks and one that's she's a very very talented, good, uh like middle school soon to be high school basketball player that plays on a team of that's regional, right, and that's a it's a lot of money. Soccer's got to be getting that way too. I would think, Yeah, I think, you know, I think all of it is. I think all of it is. Yeah, it's And again I think it's to some degree, you're you're getting when you know, when you're paying for something, you can complain, right if it's if it's wreck ball and it's fifty bucks to sign up and it's you know, it's kind of disorganized, you know, like you can't complain. But if you're if you can say, wait a minute, here, I'm paying paying five hundred bucks for this, and you know there's we're not practicing. Who's not getting good coaching? We're not you know, it's not organized. I don't know when the practices are. No one's communicating. You can you can complain. I think parents honestly are paying for that right to be able to say I would, it's worth the money to me to be able to make sure it's it's run at a level that is is is what I want and what it's easier to deal with.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you this, as a coach of one of these teams and as well, like you said, you're involved in basically running this seven on seven league, are you finding that people who are investing this kind of money have are a little more so always say opinionated about Johnny getting more playing time and this and that and the other.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious. I think it's a great question. I think yes, because you know, then there's the parents as well. We're paying for this and how come you know? But that's when you got to set the standard right away, is you know you're paying for the opportunity to get better, advanced and become a better player. That's you're not paying for any sort of guarantee and in playing time, and you got to set that that you know, that expectation has got to be put out there immediately or else you're being a world hurt.
Speaker 2: Let's get kenon. Try to squeeze Cannon right quick. Hey can't you're a coach. Nope, let me see if I got there's Ken. I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 6: Ken?
Speaker 1: How are you? I'm fine?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 6: Guys?
Speaker 7: I coached high school for a while and I came from the rec side, not the select side, and I understand where everybody comes from on it, but the percentage that are great players and deserve the Buckeye Premium Elite status that their team is just such small status, and then the other ones just get roped into overpaying to be on a select team that isn't any better than a w rec team.
Speaker 1: No, I agree with you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I do believe that sort of like you said, Rock, if you start training them now and not necessarily training them to be muscle guys, but if you teach them how to work out when they get to be our age, they'll still have the fundamentals that want to do it. If you don't teach them to work out, they get to our age and they don't want to and or you know, it's boring to them. If you get them young and they kind of.
Speaker 8: Get a passion for it, that passion stays with them.
Speaker 7: A little longer to be healthy, to run more, or bike or maybe even still play you know, old socks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I mean. Yeah, No, I think you hit the nail on the head. And that's the reason why I do it. Yeah, because you're hopefully building, you know, putting the building blocks in place that that is going to create habits for these kids as they get older.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Hey, Mike, what's going on with you, buddy? Thanks for calling right quick, let's get you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, hey, I heard you talking about this. I got a grandson. He just made a national seven on seven team.
Speaker 6: He's in high school.
Speaker 8: He's a he's a really good athlete. In the next by the end of March are making like five or six strips far away as Irvine, California.
Speaker 6: But he's really good.
Speaker 8: He's talented. The thing I would say is just make sure the kid is going.
Speaker 6: To be dedicated to it, and he is.
Speaker 8: He he sacrifices a lot of things that other kids would be doing to be dedicated to the sport. I know a lot of people now if few invested a lot of money in kids and the kid got to college and said, oh I'm done with it, I quit, you know, So to me, just make sure the kid is going to be dedic to it before you spend all that kind of money. I mean, yeah, you know, trip's Curvine, California and all over the country and in a two month span. Takes a lot of dedication just to make sure the kid is going to be dedicated to it.
Speaker 6: Do you agree?
Speaker 1: I agree? And who's he play for? Uhio players?
Speaker 8: I forget the name.
Speaker 6: H yeah local Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I know they're for eighteen UU s.
Speaker 1: Blackshit.
Speaker 3: We haven't moved into eighteen U yet. But no, he makes a great point. It's foolish to to spend the money if your kid's not going to be going to match you know, your sacrifice. And then and again, these are all things you gotta you gotta just weigh out as a parent. Maybe there's something else that he wants to get into that will be It's a Again, I always say, you got to find what they're good at and then really really, you know, push them in it. And but also with the expectation that they're they want it as well, and if it can't be what you want, it can be asked to be what they're good at and they're passionate about.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: With that, we check out with Travis and Weather, what is going on a traffic.
Speaker 9: Guy that could use a little lecture funding. I'm just saying from the sort of.
Speaker 1: Go fund me page for a traffic guy that is the iHeart Way.
Speaker 9: Why not from the U you see health Traffic Center, you see Hell's Weight Loss Center for a surgical and medical obesity care and expertise call five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three, nine three nine twenty two sixty three. We have seventy five filling in north bound from Mitchell to Paddock and also southbound seventy five visit Charles to the Brent Spence Bridge is stop and go now and on seventy five southbound through the work Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood latter a couple of minute delay. We're seeing the slowdowns from right around Goldbreth and Norwood latteral. They is filling in westbound between Writing and seventy five. So much for a couple of minutes, slow down here and again. The work on the Carroll Cropper Bridge is continuing at the Indiana Kentucky state line. So we have the single enclosure now planned through March. On two seventy five South rich Revenews Radio seven hundred W t WELW.
Speaker 2: From a seven hundred WLW Weather Center, Ford and I'd rain, likely maybe some thunder fifty five The low for tomorrow morning showers with a high of sixty It is sixty two.
Speaker 1: Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Is it true Tom Brenneman arranges the food on his dinner plate in alphabetical order.
Speaker 11: That is not true. Is it true?
Speaker 10: Government scientists have studied Tom Brenneman's brain to better mankind.
Speaker 11: That's not true, but sounds like a pretty good idea, he said.
Speaker 10: True, Tom Brenneman is the best way to start your day. You bet it's true.
Speaker 11: I've got the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, investment, news, and always a good time.
Speaker 10: It's my morning gift to you, Tom Brenneman, Tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by Mattress Firm, the once a year's Sale and Clearance is here upgrade today with Mattress Firm's quality selection of top brands, let their sleep experts find the perfect bed to help transform your knives.
Speaker 1: They make sleep easy, living up football bands. Yeah, it'll give you chills.
Speaker 3: It does me every time, because you're like, this guy looks like a mess, but.
Speaker 1: He's got it. He's still got it like anybody else.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he was sweating like nine pigs are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there's like there's a person that's like holding the microphone by him. He's got this like cup of like you know, Coca cola, like right there, and he's just on the piano, just going to town. But the vocal range in everything, it's like what he looks like. If you close your eyes and opened to me, you wouldn't you wouldn't think that the guy singing like that looks like that. You'd think it was maybe him in the glory days, right in the early fifties, right, Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: No, I saw It's great, look it up. It has nothing to do with that. But a fun fact I read about Elvis and what I complete the kernel was have you ever seen the original version of True Grit with John Wayne? John Wayne and Glenn Campbell. Do you got kind of familiar with the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if you saw the last version with the Jeff Bridges as Rooster Cogber. Yes, So the Matt Damon part was Glenn Campbell in the original, the singer Glenn Campbell. And that's I just read this story the other day. The reason Glenn Campbell was in it. They tried to get Elvis. Elvis wanted to be in it. The colonel wouldn't let him. He wanted too much money.
Speaker 2: Gosh, so the producers of the movies that would screw you, We can get Glenn can.
Speaker 1: Call exactly for much much less.
Speaker 9: God.
Speaker 3: The colonel is there a more like just hateable figure in modern pop history.
Speaker 2: No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't let the reason Elvis and every toured in Europe. He would have made trillions of dollars in Europe, but the colonel wouldn't let him go over there because he had kind of means against him, shall we say? And he was he was like Dutch, I think, yes, and yeah, so he was. He didn't want to travel Europe.
Speaker 3: So internationally he was afraid he was gonna get arrested or something. So he wouldn't just know, but but he wouldn't let Elvis out of his sight big time.
Speaker 11: And what was there?
Speaker 3: Wasn't Elvis powerful enough to say screw you or get like the best lawyer of the day and say this ain't working no more?
Speaker 1: What was the What kept that? I think carrible relationship together.
Speaker 2: I think he unwisely well, Elvis surrounded himself with a lot of weird people. Yeah, I don't think he had the best always say business sense right.
Speaker 3: Well, and a lot of them don't like they're they're artists and they're unbelievable. But being an artist and being a business person of to you know, monopolize that are often two different things.
Speaker 2: That's what I've always heard about The Stones is that Mick Jagger is brilliant with money, and that's the reason they've been around so long. He can he helps run the books man, he runs Rolling Stones, Inc.
Speaker 1: Basically all right, Well, if.
Speaker 3: The Doors was ray Manzeric, he was always the business side and Jim was the nut side. Desmore was just the like, I just want to play music kind of guy. So yeah, let's get Brett and Mason. Hey, Brett, what do you got this far as you got some Elvis stuff or what do you have?
Speaker 13: Well, actually, a buddy of mine from high school, his uncle do you remember Golden Rod Music?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 13: Ready, yep up and Dayton yeah, yeah, So he was one of the owners of that. But before that, he was a wholesaler out in Los Angeles, so he would get like one of the stories he told me, he's like, yeah, you know, I went out and was looking at some records and there was this guy. I thought he gave him a chance, and his name was Elton John, and I thought I'd buy a thousand records, you know what I mean that kind of stuff.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so.
Speaker 13: He has this little he had the storage unit whole of like memorabilia, so like like when the when the Zeppelin album came out and and uh, you know that they had the Zeppelin as the you know, the marketing stuff he's got that. He's got so much original marketing material from albums and he's got out He's got so much stuff, and I'm like, dude, you that should retire sell that auption, you know, But I mean some of the stuff he told me, he has this incredible and one of the things was his girlfriend back then. I guess her girlfriend when to go out on a double date. He's like, all right, whatever, man, I guess you know, and whatnot? And uh he said they got together and they their girlfriend's boyfriend was Jim Morrison.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 13: Yeah, he went on a double date with Jim Morrison. Man, way back, like I think before Morrison was even hitting a big But yeah, the stuff he must have in that storage in it, I just got I want to get in there.
Speaker 2: Right, But anyway, let's go, Thanks Brett. Yeah, I can't even imagine I'd go nuts in that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that'd be great. Yeah, and how about.
Speaker 2: That stuffy little well, let's if you could time travel, wouldn't you like to be that guy who's your friend?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm my friend Tina and her boyfriend Jim.
Speaker 3: So he says, like a poet and he wants to be like a film director or something.
Speaker 1: A dork.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like, god, this guy's good looking. Now, let's check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 9: What's going on from the UC Health Traffic Center, U see Health's Weight Loss Center Offer surgery, Come and medical ob City Caaren Expertise Call five one three ninth we nine twenty two sixty three ninth we nine twenty two sixty three seventy five southbound as her Charles picked up. An accident has the left lane taken up and we're looking at delays back to the viaduct here at about a five minutes slow down here with police on the scene. Seventy five northbound Mitchell de Paddock is stopping go Kemper at Chesterdale. That's an accident with injuries, so police in ems on scene here in seventy one northbound Norwood ladl The steward is filling in southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highwood Norwood Lateral. Volumes continue to pick up here in about a five minute delay with sodauns back to Shephard. I'm rick Shrimp, News Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 2: Seven hundred WLW weather Center Ford and I'd rain likely maybe some thunder fifty five The low for tomorrow morning showers with a high of sixty. It is sixty two now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: The War on Drugs drives on first dope running boats intercepted. Now the capture of Venezuela's president. Will there be any more regime changes? Countries invaded or cartels contained. Keep it here for the latest news Radio seven WLW.
Speaker 14: This report is sponsored by Apollo Home, your source for plumbing, heating, and air and electrico. For over one hundred years, Apollo Home has kept your home ready for whatever weather comes your way. From heating, air conditioning, plumbing, sewer and drain, electrical duct cleaning, and so much more, Apollow Home has you covered for the seasons ahead. Visit them today at Apollo home dot com. Choose Local, Choose Apollow Home.
Speaker 2: Hey, start your year moving, not hurting. If joint pains holding you back, listen up. There is a way to get real relief without surgery and without downtime. I'm talking to medical pros a QC Kinetics right here in Cincinnati, delivering regenitive treatments that actually help your body repair the areas that are causing the pain those aching knees, hipps, shoulders, back wherever it hurts. Instead of facing invasive operation that could sideline you for months, these treatments happen right in the office and you go about your day, simple procedures that can deliver big, life changing results. Imagine it. You're moving better and stronger, all because you took care of the pain the smart Way game changing regenera treatment from QC Kinetics. My wife's only been twice now but already feels the difference. January is supposed to be your clean slate, So stop managing the pain and start solving it with QC Kinetics. Call now, we are free consultation five three eighty four seven zero zero nineteen. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero nineteen.
Speaker 15: For more information about contests on this station, go to seven hundred WLW dot iHeart dot com slash rules.
Speaker 2: The best financial move you can make this time of year? How about lowering your mortgage rate of four point nine nine percent fixed APR the lowest right and year street After the top of the hour where we got.
Speaker 3: Rocked yues and the topic is that how to get in the best shape of your life in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: I'm working on it. I have the Tiger br that's it.
Speaker 2: It is Elvis's birthday, and we started talking about something entirely unrelated to Elvis' birthday, but then we got into Elvis's birthday.
Speaker 1: We was talking about his first.
Speaker 3: Eleven years old, his birthday in nineteen forty six. His mother Gladys took him down to the hardware store. He wanted a bike or like our baby gun, and she bought him a tar instead.
Speaker 2: In the rest is history, And so we got a couple of Elvis calls. Hey, George, thanks for calling.
Speaker 1: What he got on? You got a story on Elvis?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 8: Yeah, just a little.
Speaker 16: Short story if you can hear me. Okay, I was getting a camera repaired at a camera shop just across Fine straight across from the east entrance to Caura Tower. This is about fifteen twenty years ago. And the elevator in that particular building was operated by still operating the elevator if he was not self operating. But the woman in there, a little short kind of choby woman had the whole elevator decorated with Elvis paraphernalia. It was a memorial. There were signs and posters and songs and everything in there, and she just talked about Elvis all the way up and when I came out, all the way down. So I just want to know if anybody else out there had never seen that memorial and it's probably gone now.
Speaker 1: That's all I got, Thank George, I've not seen it.
Speaker 2: I didn't cross that path a Judy in Fairfield. What you got on Elvis?
Speaker 17: Hi?
Speaker 18: I love your show, by the way, I had nineteen seventy two, my sister and I went to Hawaii and they met these two sisters from Cleveland. Well, when we got back, they found out that Karen, my sister was was just a big fan of Elvis, and they got us tickets. So we got to go to his concert and it was fantastic.
Speaker 11: He had looked great.
Speaker 18: He threw his scarf out in the crowd, and it's just of fun memory to have, was.
Speaker 17: That here in town, no Cleveland, from.
Speaker 18: Cleveland, right, and I got his tickets and I go, yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you get this car?
Speaker 3: You know, they might have just like air dove out of the balcony and grab.
Speaker 2: But seventy two, Judy, that's that's when Elvis was still looking good and great shape and all that.
Speaker 1: That's for sure.
Speaker 18: We looked wonderful and we had he was so personable to the crowd and everything.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was a lot of fun. All right, thanks, Judy.
Speaker 6: Good for you.
Speaker 2: I know somebody who had tickets to see because he was supposed to be coming to town before he died or after her. The show was after he died, but he was coming here. Oh wow, a Warren and Dayton. What do you got on Elvis?
Speaker 4: There, Warren, besides the heck of a singer for a lot of talent, he was also a tremendous stancer, particularly when he paired up with fan Margaret.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You could say a lot about Ann Margaret and how hot she was and everything else, but he was really a tremendous dancer with her. And you can still see some of those on YouTube and Margaret. Yeah, Elvis and on dance for musicals and that he was a hell of a dancer too.
Speaker 3: Elvis the Pelvis baby he hadn't moves the reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks thanks there, Warren. Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Matter of fact, I just ran a h ran into a clip the other day of it was from Elvis movie. I think that. But and Margaret dancing like a crazy person. I'm watching it right now, watching Ann Margaret. Elvis hasn't come in yet. But let me tell you something, young Ed Fingers would have traded my then swin.
Speaker 3: Bike, which is your most I got a thrown in my bb gun, all of it just for one kiss for man Mark. I never I mean, she's she is very very attractive. Was she more of a actress but also like a singer?
Speaker 1: Everything?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Like then you can do it all, yeah, like Lady Gaga something like that. Okay, how you would take offense to that comparison? Well, talent wise, let's put it that one. With that, we head to the news news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: The Vice President speaks out on the ICE shooting, places the blame. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reese breaking now. Vice President JD. Van's in the White House press room this afternoon. He says the woman shot by an ICE agent in Minneapolis yesterday tried to ran the agent with her car, and he describes her as influenced by a radical left wing network. The Vice President says the ICE agent who shot her had been seriously wounded in a previous incident and had received thirty six stitches.
Speaker 20: Even watched the video yourself, there's not the slightest doubt in your mind having viewed it, that this the victim. You still believe that she deliberately tried to round him despite seeing this video.
Speaker 21: Look, I don't know what it's in a person's heart or in a person's head. And obviously we're not going to get the chance to ask this woman what was going on.
Speaker 1: What I am certain of is that she violated the law.
Speaker 21: What I'm certain of is that that officer had every reason to think that he was under very serious threat for injury or in fact his life.
Speaker 19: The Homeland Security Secretary Christy Noms says, the woman who was shot, Rede Good, refused orders to get out of the car and tried to harm the officer with it.
Speaker 1: ABC's Mary Bruce.
Speaker 22: Additionally, you know, after an incident like this, you would have the administration, you know, come out and urge patients and caution and ask everyone to sort of wait for the conclusions of that investigation. That is not what we have seen from officials, from the Vice President, the President, from from Christine Home, from on down. You have heard them come out and very quickly defend the officer and insists that he was acting in self defense. Again, we don't know, because we are waiting for the conclusions of this investigation.
Speaker 19: And we checked your drive home safternoon, the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. You see Health's Weight Loss Center offers surgical and medical obesity care and expertise. Called five three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three southbound seventy five ad Ezra Charles is a crash. It has delays back to the viaduct about a five minute slowdown now and we have seventy one sowing northbound nor would lateral the steward accident with injuries Kemper at Chesterdale, so watch for police and ems here. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock is about a ten minute trip right now, and on southbound seventy five Ronaldy and high wait lateral. Our work has at lane shift in place and we got about a five minute delay back to Sheppard. I'm Rick schraproduce Radio seven hundred double d wellw.
Speaker 15: Now the latest for chasts from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for less in.
Speaker 17: The Tri State weather Tonight, isolated rain in a morning lo of fifty seven, then coming tomorrow some morning scattered rain and we'll see mostly cloudy skies through our Friday in a high sixty four, which would tie a record from nineteen forty nine at nights slight chance and a LOA forty three from your severe weather station. I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLUB.
Speaker 19: Do you have a bunch of light rain on radar covering southeast Indiana and parts of northern Kentucky and all that really heavy rain is back in Illinois and of course it is heading our way. Sixty three degrees the temperature right now and since. Update on the case of a man who allegedly opened fire on his ex girlfriend or two kids on Christmas Day.
Speaker 23: The man charged in that Christmas Day shooting of a woman and her two kids was arranged Thursday in Hamilton County. Prosecutor County Pilitch released a statement calling his actions quote, a deliberate and terrifying active domestic violence that escalated into a public shooting. In court, the judge continued James Brown's bond at nine hundred thousand dollars. He's facing six counts of felonious assault and if convicted, faces up to nearly fifty years in prison. I'm Sandy Collins, News Radio seven hundred WLWE.
Speaker 19: It is Ohio's first measles outbreak of the new year. Three kids in the same home in the Cleveland area all not vaccinated, and the Department of l says they had traveled to a place that was in an ongoing measles outbreak. Director encouraging people to protect themselves their kids by getting vaccinated. Last year, Ohio had a total of forty five cases of measles and just a half a dozen cases the year before. Had to cancel classes at swim Uzzerland County Elementary Schooler today because the school bus squat fire near the building. Kids driver got out safely, fired had not spread to the school. Three of four suspects now under arrest in the burglary of Cleveland Browns quarterback Shadur Sanders home. Happened in mid November when the Browns were playing the Ravens in Cleveland. All four men are from the Atlanta area have prior criminal records, including violent crimes.
Speaker 11: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: There's a residate.
Speaker 24: The REGI reportedly a void arbitration today with the following players Gavin Lux five point two million, TJ. Friedel With three point eight million, Spencer Steeer four million, and Will Benson at one point seven to five million.
Speaker 1: College football.
Speaker 24: First of the playoff semi finals tonight, the Fiesta Bowl all mess up against Miami at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. The other semi final tomorrow night, the Peach Bowl, has Indiana battling Oregon college basketball. Get the latest on the Cincinnati Bearcats tonight on the West Miller Show after Sports Talk Live for the Ridge of Montgomery in at eight oh five Right here on seven hundred WA Bill Edison seven under Wow Sports.
Speaker 19: Okay, right up against the clothes on Wall Street. The Dow is up to sixty four s and P five hundred up fractionally NASDAC down. Next news at four thirty Matt Reeves News Radio seven hundred double d wellw.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by Chumbucasino dot com.
Speaker 3: Hey's Ryan Seacrest here and if you're looking for some serious fun, head over to Chumbuck Casino dot All. Right, beg with Eddie and Rocky and rock we're gonna say New year, same show here on Thursday, round about this time.
Speaker 1: We talked to this fellow right here.
Speaker 3: Yes, so make sure you're following on the all the social channels at PJ Street and PJ. It's the new year. Hope springs eternal for a lot of people. Gym memberships are up, gym's are more crowded right now. But how always start off the new year PJ and talk about Look, no bs, how do we get in the best shape of our lives? No matter how old we are, what gender we are, whatever, How do we get in the best shape of our life in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 25: Well, I'm here to give you the cliff Folds version of that. But before I do, two quick things. Everything we're going to discuss today you can find on my ex account at PJ Street. It's the very first tweet. I created a little graphic for all the listeners with all the specifics of what we're going to discuss today, so they can just kind of save it to their phone. And number two, what I'm going to lay out here, it's what to do, what to do, but you also have to know how to do it, which most people will not. And that's where you know, hiring a guy like me, for instance, you know it might be a good idea, and you also have to ask yourself, will I do all of this?
Speaker 6: It's left to my own devices?
Speaker 25: And again the majority of people are not going to do that without some accountability. So with that said, let's let's get into it. These are the six big rocks of getting in the best shape of your life, and the biggest of those rocks. Number one is calories. Okay, calories control foutl period. In order to lose weight, lose fat, look better, naked, all that good stuff, you have to induce a calorie deficit, meaning you have to expend more calories and you consume and guys, I'm asking all the time.
Speaker 6: How many calories should I be eating?
Speaker 25: Well, I would suggest for the vast majority of people, start at nine to ten calories per pound of your current body weight. So, for example, if you're a two hundred pound guy and you want to drop a lot of fat in twenty twenty six, your calorie budget should be somewhere between eighteen hundred and two thousand per day, okay, And more importantly, you want to accurately quantify and track those calories.
Speaker 6: Okay, honestly and accurately and.
Speaker 1: Real quick on that one.
Speaker 6: PJ.
Speaker 1: And I know you.
Speaker 3: Deal with this, and that's the number one thing people don't want to do is track. But you've always told us, right, there's all these apps out there that make it very very easy.
Speaker 1: Correct. What are a couple of those just for folks.
Speaker 25: Yeah, it's a great point, Rocky, because if you're guessing at your calories, that's why you're probably staying stuck and are going to stay stuck. If you're not tracking and quantifying, you're really just hoping, and hope is not a strategy. So to your point, rock you want to invest in a digital food scale. You can get one off Amazon for like, you know, ten bucks, and that's number one and then number two. There's a ton of these, like you pointed out, a good nutrition tracking app, I like my fitness Pal, some other people like Chronometer. There's a bunch of them out there. Just pick one that you think you'll use, download it, get the premium version. So a digital food scale and a good nutrition tracking app is going to help.
Speaker 6: You a long way.
Speaker 25: You know, it's going to go a long way with helping you track your calories accurately.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, I will tell you this every once in a while, tell them, rock Probably over the holidays.
Speaker 1: Here I put on you know, seven pounds. You're a great, big fat ash.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am a big giant fat whatever, but he's a bull up. In my opinion, I need a little less fat, little more muzzle. But one thing I've always noticed and tried to stick to is if you go to a restaurant that has I don't care if it's red lobster or something like that, whatever, a lot of restaurants have the calorie count on them, and I'm tempted. I'm always tempted to get the twenty five hundred calorie plate, but you know, hey, look the eight hundred calorie plate tastes just as good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 25: And to your point, Eddie, I mean all chain restaurants are required to post the calorie information now real quick on that they get twenty percent leeway. So I'll always tell my clients if you go to a chain restaurant, and like Eddie, what you said, if you pick something that's like a thousand calories, I always tell people round it up to probably, you know, eleven and twelve hundred, just to be safe. Right, Yeah, calories are here, guys. That's like the number one thing here if you want to get in great shape. Number two protein, Okay, that's a non negotiable. And if you're a woman listening shoot for one hundred grams of protein per day. If you're a guy, you're looking for one hundred and fifty grams plus a day. And why does this matter to real simple? It preserves your muscle, it's going to help you control your hunger, and it's going to make dieting a lot more sustainable.
Speaker 6: If you're low you.
Speaker 25: Know, low protein will turn every diet into a grind. So you're going to have a really hard time stayed satiated and keeping hunger tolerable.
Speaker 6: If your protein's not up to snuff.
Speaker 3: Great, And by the way, that's about the best way I've heard you simplify it. If you're not eating enough protein, your diet will be a grind. And you're right because yes, because you'll be able to eat so many fewer things because the carbohydrate and the fat things are more caloric dense.
Speaker 25: Right correct spot on Rocky spot on Now we got calories, we got protein right now.
Speaker 6: Number three is crucial.
Speaker 25: It's consistency with both of those two things. So you need to do the first two things I just talked about, the calorie budget and the protein threshold. You got to do that at least twenty six days per month that's eighty percent consistency. So we're not talking about having to be perfect. It's just repetition because guys, and this is where a lot of people fall this.
Speaker 6: Time of year, right that they're motivated.
Speaker 25: One perfect week means nothing, but repeating above average weeks will change everything for you. So get the perfection mindset, you know, get out the window and just focus on consistency.
Speaker 6: Twenty six days.
Speaker 25: Per month with calories and protein. All right, good, twenty six days a month.
Speaker 6: That's it. That's it. Now, let's move to.
Speaker 25: The energy out side of the equation, the exercise and movement, all that stuff. Number four on my list, you're going to strength train. It's mandatory, Okay. You need to be lifting weights at least twice a week, upwards of five times per week.
Speaker 6: And you've got to do that with structure. Guys.
Speaker 25: It can't be these random workouts or just you know, pitdling around the gym, going to you know, random machines and just kind of flailing around. You need to be on an actual program, okay, an actual, structured, organized program. And why does strength training matter? As I've talked about many times on the show, Muscle Equals metabolism. Strength is aging, insurance and strength training is how bodies actually change shape. All right, So if you want to look better, it's not just way less. Okay, you also got to hit. You got to hit the weight. You got to resistance train. Following that up, cardio all right, talked about it before, Sixty to one hundred and twenty minutes of Zone two cardio per week, part rate one ten to one thirty beats per minute. I don't care what equipment you use. You can use a treadmill, you can use an elliptical or bike, a roll or whatever you want to do.
Speaker 6: Get it in.
Speaker 25: You know, an hour to two hours per week for heart health, recovery and longevity. And guys, finally, step count all right, step counts are the glue to all of this. You want to aim, as we've talked about many times before, seventy thousand steps per week.
Speaker 6: Why is that important.
Speaker 25: It's going to keep your calorie burned pretty predictable, it's going to help you control your appetite, and it's gonna it's gonna prevent that well, I work out, but I sit all day trapped. So the steps are the are the final part of this whole. Uh, this whole get in the best shape of your life equation.
Speaker 2: Now let me I know you've talked about it before, a PJ. We're talking to PJ. Street, and well you're talking about the uh you know, as much protein as you can YadA YadA. Now, when I think of protein, I think, of course, of like chicken breast or steak, whatever. I mean, what are what are the sources good sources of protein that people can can get into. I know you've mentioned cottage teas before and I was surprised by that.
Speaker 6: Yeah. So yeah, just like you said, Eddie, I mean lean meat, you know, lean meat.
Speaker 25: Fish and poultry, white fish, lean ground beef, sirloin, steak, chicken breast, you know, poor tenderloin. The list can go on and on and on, and you know, alternative sources.
Speaker 6: We're looking at low fat.
Speaker 25: Daery like Greek yogurt, like cottage cheese, things of that nature. And if you visit my Instagram page, I got all types of stuff on protein and protein sources, so you know that would be a good resource for you.
Speaker 3: The Greek yogurt thing I swear by because I don't know why anybody would eat just regular or yogurt with all the additives, and because Greek yogurt I think tastes good and it's tremendously high in protein, and you know, and it's I wouldn't say it's it's not cheap, but it's not expensive, right like you know, so it's it's somewhere. I think it kind of hits right in that wheelhouse.
Speaker 25: Yeah, rocky, if you're really look at it on like a cost basis, it's actually you get pretty good return on investment for the protein per dollar with Greek yogurt. And and you know, one of my favorite little hacks. If you know, a lot of people say, man, that's just a lot of protein. One hundred grams is a lot or one hundred and fifty grams a lot. Let me let me help me solve that real quick. Take your favorite vanilla protein powder, doesn't matter what brand it is, you know, take a scoop, put some of the bowl, and then get a container at Greek yogurt, dump it on top of that in the bowl, and just mix it up.
Speaker 6: With a spoon.
Speaker 25: You're going to get like sixty to seventy grams of protein right there, more than likely. So that's just a you can put some some cereal on top of it and make a sludge. That's kind of the I have a hard time getting my protein in hack.
Speaker 2: All right, well then, PJ always good knowledge. People want to find out more. Where can they go?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 25: If you need help executing this plan, my online coaching is designed for adults who are tired of guessing the one structure, accountability and certainly results the last all under four hours a day where you buy Fitness Systems dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, buddy, thanks so much.
Speaker 6: All right, Happy New Year, Thanks guys, and good stuff.
Speaker 2: So whenever I think about you before, before or after a workout, I sit there thinking of you with like a half a chicken just just eating it, you know, just no fork, nothing, no like Henry the get their son.
Speaker 1: Do you do the Greek yogurt? You know what?
Speaker 2: It's funny you should mentioned that because Dev just bought some the other day. I'm like, I think I'm sure I've had it along the line, I was like, this is actually pretty good. So here's what you do.
Speaker 3: Buy the plane, okay, buy some blueberries and get some natural honey.
Speaker 1: Put it in there as good as it gets, healthy, tasteful.
Speaker 2: Great, Hey, I'm in you get one of those, you get one of those big tubs, right, Yeah, I get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get the big time.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I go to cost Co and get me.
Speaker 26: Some of that.
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with the trap and weather.
Speaker 9: What is going on, the same thing about the Little Debbie snackcack diet, which I kind of follow in the Apparently that's probably not good.
Speaker 3: It is a diet you can eat those that you just have to have like three a day and that's all you can eat.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. If they ever invent the Little Debbie oatmeal cake diet, I am totally down.
Speaker 1: You like those?
Speaker 26: Huh?
Speaker 2: Ever since I was a kid, that's that's one of my weaknesses. Man, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: That's like crack.
Speaker 26: I mean it really is.
Speaker 3: That was that was about the way. There's Little Debbie cakes. That was a Nick Saban's breakfast every morning for like forty years.
Speaker 1: Is that right? A Little Debbie cake or two or two or oatmeal cream pie. Is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh in black Coffee Wow breakfast.
Speaker 9: Did pretty well for himself from the U See Health Traffic Center and you See Health's Weight Loss Center off for a surgical and medical tob City Careen expertise called five win three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy five southbound from the Vinect to the BRN Spence Bridge filling in stop and going about a seven minute delay. Now we're looking at better conditions on seventy five south and as Charles, that accident now has cleared out of the way. Southbound seventy five from Monald Reagan Highway to Norwood lad all bout a ten minute trip delays to Shepherd. Northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock is stop and go. And we have seventy one heavy northbound between norverd Lateral and Stewart Glen Wi at Ferguson. We're going reports of an accident here, thanks for the tip call. And seventy one northbound Montgomery Road to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway filling in. I'm bridge REMP News Radio seven hundred W d WELW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center Ford and i'd rain likely maybe some thunder fifty five the low for tomorrow morning showers with a high of sixty It is sixty two Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: All right, mister Pinney, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see.
Speaker 27: That looks like Scott Sloan riding a dragon. And this one nineteen sixty eight Ford Mustang GT. That's good and Scott's Loan's driving it.
Speaker 26: Again with Scott's Loan.
Speaker 27: And this one I see a bacon and egg breakfast sandwich, a sandwich.
Speaker 13: The one I eat right.
Speaker 27: Before I listen to Scott's Loan.
Speaker 11: Shows Scott's Loan.
Speaker 26: Please listen responsibly.
Speaker 19: Join me Scott's Loan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 26: Mister Pennay, we have a long road ahead of us.
Speaker 28: This report is sponsored by Brad Versus Everyone podcast.
Speaker 29: Dangerous Social Media Trends, media scandals, don't TikTok, boycotts, and more. Keep up with all the online stories mainstream media ignores by listening.
Speaker 2: Anick surgeon about the new fad of women having ribs removed so they can have a better figure. Now, Rock and I were talking about this yesterday when we were talking about talking to Doc and he remembered the old rumor about That's what Marilyn Manson did back in the day so he could look more. I guess what so like corpse.
Speaker 1: Like that that is a great word.
Speaker 3: And I was telling ed that that rumor spread without any social media, no Twitter, no nothing. That was that just became like rock lore or that he was such a weirdo creepy guy that he had ribs removed so it looked like, yeah, dude, he was creepy enough. What I haven't bone steaking out is still creepy. By the way, I love his stuff. He's got some I love his music. I mean he I mean he has got a catalog of about I say tenswell ten twelve songs ten certainly that are just absolute bangers.
Speaker 2: His cover of Personal Jesus is good, twelve times better than the original, and I like the.
Speaker 1: Original, favorite favorite Manson song.
Speaker 2: I'd have to say Personal Jesus. I mean, I'm trying to think of the other. Didn't he do another cover version? I can't think of what it was we did. Tainted Love.
Speaker 6: I got.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was tainted love or not, but I'll think of it. But speaking of tainted love, don't taint your love for Lantha McAllister, Yeah.
Speaker 6: I know that.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm sorry you're wrong. The answer to the best Marilyn Manson song was Tourniquet by.
Speaker 1: The way, so okay, I'm not really familiar with.
Speaker 3: His third day of a seven day Bitch is a great one too. Anyway, By the way, Lance McAllister, right out of the gate at six o'clock on Sports Talk, has Luke Brenneman, spawn of the Tom Brennman. Who is He's doing the Indiana game. He's in Atlanta. He's calling the the Indiana organ game. Was it Friday?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So that's pretty cool Christian radio thing.
Speaker 1: So that'll be awesome to hear it. He did the he did the Rose Bowl, the Rose Bull Remember hearing Tommy talking.
Speaker 3: About great opportunity for a young aspiring broadcaster third generation baby can know.
Speaker 2: I thought I was on fire on my college radio show, which he is in college, right, I thought I was. I thought I was hitting the big time when I was smoke like smoking cigarettes in the studio and smuggling beers in oh.
Speaker 1: Man, that was yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was I do that here. But that's beside the you can't smoke in here.
Speaker 1: It sucks. You've tried. I've tried.
Speaker 3: And also Lance says UC women's basketball coach Katrina Merriweather.
Speaker 1: Uh, they had a big win last night.
Speaker 3: Time beat what number eleven Iowa State something like that, biggest women maybe in history. So make sure you're checking with Lance at sports Talk at six o'clock.
Speaker 2: More coming up after the news News Radio seven hundred w LW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 30: State investigators being left out of an investigation into a fatal ICE officer involves shooting. With the four point thirty report, I'm Sean Gaalbacker breaking now in Minneapolis and other parts of the country. Protests taking place after an ICE agent shot and killed a US citizen Wednesday, There are rising tensions that there are rising tensions after Homeland Security Secretary Christinome was quick to call thirty seven year old Minneapolis resident Rene Good a domestic terrorist, claiming the agent killed her in self defense as Good tried to run him over with her vehicle, and the Trump administration now claiming without evidence that she was part of what Vice President ja d Vance this afternoon called a left wing conspiracy, but those claims have been contradicted by witness accounts and multiple videos that show the moment the ICE agan fired those shots, one of which went through Good's windshield, striking her in the head. Video shows Good trying to pull out and leave the scene as an ICE agent initially tells her to get out of the car and then tries to open the door and pull her out. Local officials argue that Good was observing ICE activity and was not a target. John Sandwig is the former acting ICE director during the Obama administration, and told ABC News that an investigation has only begun, but DHS was too quick to judge Goods actions.
Speaker 31: When the Secretary runs down and says, this is so definitively a clear cut case of attempted murder by a domestic TERRORICE, it just undercuts the credibility of the department, undercuts the credibility of ICE, and it just further politicizes a law enforcement agency.
Speaker 30: In Minnesota, Governor Tim Wall said that the nonpartisan, independent investigative body in his state, the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension, has now been barred from investigating the shooting, and he fears it will not be a fair investigation.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 30: The latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. You see Health's Weight Loss Center offer a surgical and medical tob city care and expertise. QULL five one three, nine three, nine, twenty two sixty three, ninety three nine twenty two sixty three. On the seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral about ten minute drive with delays to Shepherd. And on the northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock, we'll stop and go. Also seventy five southbound getting a little sluggish two between the Viaduct and the Brent Spence Bridge. Now on seventy one northbound Montgomery to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. In southbound seventy one from MLK to four seventy one were a little sluggish. Glen Way at Ferguson accident and stay. We're out seven forty seven to death Drive. We have a crash here as well. We thank you for the tip calls on those and also to seventy five at the Indiana Kentucky state line. We have the ongoing work on the Carroll Croptobridge delays the US fifty in Indiana. I'm Rick Schriff News radio seven hundred w WE.
Speaker 10: The latest weather forecast from news radio seven hundred W el tho to.
Speaker 17: Tonight's spotty showers. Seven AM, temperature of fifty seven. Now our Friday, We'll see rain early and then clouds later, even a break in the clouds. A high as sixty four at night, a slight chance, and we drop down to forty three. More showers and rain on Saturday. From your severe weather stay I'm nine first Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred wl.
Speaker 30: W radar is showing a cloudy sky. We are seeing some rain shower activity in parts of southeast Indiana. Our current temperature is currently coming in at sixty two degrees. A man reigned after a Christmas Day shooting on Cincinnati's West and injured his ex girlfriend and her children. Prosecutor Hamilton County Prosecutor Connie Pillwage releasing a statement today calling James Brown's actions a deliberate and terrifying act as domestic folence that escalated into a public shooting. His bond set today at nine hundred thousand dollars, as he's facing six counts of coolonious assault. He could face up to fifty years in prison if convicted on all charges. A woman who was killed in a Tuesday evening crash involving a vehicle and an ambulance in Westchester has been identified. Forty three year old Ernestina Obang Obenge was one of two people from the vehicle seriously injured and later died from her injuries at UC Westchester Hospital. That collision happening Becket Road, but details of what led up to the crash have now ye have been released by police.
Speaker 11: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: There's a res update.
Speaker 24: The REGI reportedly a void arbitration today with the following players Gavin Lux five point two million, TJ. Friedel with three point eight million, Spencer Steer four million, and Will Benson at one point seven to five million. College football, first of the playoff semi finals tonight, the Fiesta Bowl All Miss up against Miami at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. The other semi final tomorrow night, the Peach Bowl, has Indiana battling Oregon college basketball. Get the latest on the Cincinnati Bearcats tonight on the West Miller Show after Sports Talk Live for the Ridge of Montgomery and at eight oh five right here on seven hundred WLW, Bill Dennison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 30: Final numbers on Wall Street today the taw U two hundred and seventy points, Dan Stake dropping one hundred and four in the SMP half a point. Our next update is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Gaalbager News Radio seven hundred WLW News Radio.
Speaker 15: Seven hundred and iHeartRadio station Guarantee Human seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Hi Heard Radio.
Speaker 5: My advisor at Plant Moran Wealth Management knows my definition of wealthy.
Speaker 3: Daddy and Rocky all right, ed, So you've I've talked about him those.
Speaker 1: The tradition of making.
Speaker 3: The first round pick rookie take the position group out to eat sure dinners. What just happened with Nicky man War. He's a safety for the Seahawks first round pick. But again, this has been going on forever, certainly since I played. Even before left him with a bill. I didn't say where it was from, but they tried to play a joke on him and say that the bill was one hundred and fourteen grand, but I guess it didn't work out. But the final tab was revealed and the bill was twenty two thousand five hundred and twenty four dollars on dinner. I would I'd be like, no, I don't care what you say. I'm not paying that.
Speaker 1: That's insane, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I told you I was with when I was with the Titans, made a pac Man take us out and it was about ten.
Speaker 1: Way.
Speaker 2: How big is that is that booze? Is that buying a lot of its booze? And yeah, bottles you know, two hundred dollars bottles of wine and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Oh, and then I mean there's guys that took uh took uh what they called gift packages home where they take a bottle of oh, you know rose uh Rose Crystal home the tune of eight hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was it was get.
Speaker 2: The uh you get the biggest stick on the on the menu, and one to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But but it was like all the whole like instead of just the dbs, it was like the whole defense. And then I think a couple offensive line and came to just because and well he was such a early on, he was such a you know, it wasn't doing the right way. Okay, So people that naturally just goes to you, okay. Really is how you're gonna act as a rookie. Yeah, OK, gotcha, got you? So they hit him up good.
Speaker 2: Let's uh, let's start to Pete here in Lebanon. Hey Pete, you had something like this happened to you or you did it to somebody.
Speaker 32: So here's the story. Expense account. A bunch of guys got together as a group of people that were working in America, North America, and we don't get together much, right, And they were gonna change the rules as far as how much you could spend on entertainment. So there was like, I think there was twelve of us and we were all at a.
Speaker 6: Company function and we told the.
Speaker 32: Waitress to make sure that they kept everything on one receipt. This girl was normally like five foot three. This thing with like six foot long, and they were gonna change how much money we could spend on entertainment and dinner and eat and whatnot. I have no idea what the hell bill was it was, I mean withoulcohol included, right, So you know, Dan, well, like a crazy they busted.
Speaker 16: Us out there.
Speaker 8: We have a picture they posted it. This is what not to do on your expenses.
Speaker 32: Have a waitress she was like five real fatigue girl.
Speaker 1: And she's holding it up with her arm, and it was all it of mine.
Speaker 4: She was mad.
Speaker 1: She wasn't matter.
Speaker 8: The manager was mad at they used so.
Speaker 3: Much paper, so the bill was longer than her height. That's some serious.
Speaker 6: We wanted it.
Speaker 32: It was the last time we all got together.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, they knew that we.
Speaker 3: Were troublemakers, all right, that's their fault for giving you the green light.
Speaker 2: Man this well, not that I would do something like this, but perhaps I did. This happened years back in the EBN days. Remember the old Waterfront restaurant.
Speaker 1: Of course you know there a few timesle time. It's not many in case you don't. If you don't remember that place, it was a Jeff Ruby steakhouse.
Speaker 6: But it was right on the river.
Speaker 2: And so I forget why we had this EBN staff party there. Maybe we did good in the ratings or something some of that ilk. So we go in there and we're all having big times and you know, acting like children in an adult situation. And so and the general manager made is very clear to us, whatever you all want, dug yourself out. So I go up to the It was after dinner, and I go up to the bar to get whatever. I'm just going to see what they had. And you know, you're going to those fancy restaurants and you see that bottle of Louis the thirteenth or whatever the hell it is, that kangnac and the crystal case, and this again, this is twenty five years ago. So I said, I've always wanted to try that. And so I said, you know, I'm with the EBN group. How much is a shot of that that kgnac up there? And she was like one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: That's always what it was. And I said, I give me one of those.
Speaker 2: So about that time, whoever, Bob the producer or somebody or one of the other cooks walks up and goes, what are you drinking.
Speaker 1: One that I got?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 1: Well, you can see how this went another whatever the man was.
Speaker 3: Hey, figures are over drinking that hundred dollars cognact And all of a sudden, like fifteen of us standing around sipping on that stuff. And the general manager thought was funny, like, but that's what we're here for, you guys, kids have fun. I thought it was funny. God, these are the good old days, right, I hear they're going to do that with us here sometimes soon I'm still waiting. Yeah, let's say talk to Tim. Hey, Tim, what's going on in Liberty Township?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 33: I heard he was talking about like expense accounts and paying for other people. My father used to work for one of the big three in the auto industry, and he'd have to go up to Detroit quite often. He was from down here in Cincinnati, and so part of his job from time to time was to.
Speaker 6: Entertain people.
Speaker 33: So one day his boss called him into the office and he said, look, we need to talk to you about your expense account. And he was trying to figure out He's like, well, wait a minute, I don't hardly spend anything. And the guy goes, you know, the problem is you're not spending enough money. The other guys are going to strip clubs and they're taking guys out drinking and they're running up these huge bills. You need to spend more money so.
Speaker 6: They don't look bad.
Speaker 1: I've heard of that happening.
Speaker 11: So that's that's that's the truth.
Speaker 33: Because I knew his boss too, is a good guy. That's all I got.
Speaker 1: That's cool. Thank you love to dive in on that. So it was like look like I want you to really bump it up there.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm surprised the other guys didn't say something to him. I was like, Bro, you're out here ordering cokes on a champagne, you know.
Speaker 11: A part.
Speaker 1: Make it all look bad here.
Speaker 2: Strip Club got a couple of lap dances on that on that tab. With that, we check in with traffic and weather reck.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. U C Health's weight laws. The center offer surgical and medical obesity carry and expertise. Call five one three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three two seventy five northbound after Milford. We've got reports of an accident blocking the right lane and they clean up is ented way. We have the seventy five traffic sugish southbound Wnaldwgan Highway to Norwood Lateral about a ten minute trip.
Speaker 1: Northbound.
Speaker 9: We're heavy Mitchell to Paddock and again southbound seventy five from the Vibe to the Prince Spence is also stop and go.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 9: Norwood Lateral between Writing and seventy five is about a five minute delay. And we've got Grand Avenue, a laymen and Divine at Goldbreath Accidents reported that the one on gold Breath And is now reported as an ACiE with injuries. To watch for police sending a mess here two seventy five between Moss Teller and Reid Hartman is about a five minute to lay. I'm rich shrimp Producer Radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center, Ford and I'd rain likely maybe some thunder fifty five the low four tomorrow morning showers with a high of sixty It is sixty two.
Speaker 1: Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Maybe you missed one of our shows because you look a little too much like a wanted serial killer. Here, don't worry. You can get the podcast of our shows and hear what you missed. Check them out on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 12: This report is sponsored by Red Pilled America.
Speaker 34: Why haven't you listened to Red Pilled americam I get it. You must have pronouns in your bio, because if you don't, then you should be listening to Red Pilled America. It's a storytelling show for patriots. Listen to Red Pilled America on the iHeartRadio app. That's red pilled America.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to be so late for the concert.
Speaker 2: Been plastic surgeon talking about a fad of women having there are I guess lower ribs removed.
Speaker 1: That makes the most sense, right, turn us up?
Speaker 23: But what is it?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's just the instrumental, right, is Chris Stableton Tennessee whiskey?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think this song is. I think that guy's fantastic. I don't know much about his music, but I think he's truly talent. Is he playing He's coming down there, coming to town, which I believe is why Austin's playing it.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's just favor very cool.
Speaker 12: Is he?
Speaker 1: Is he playing the ballpark or the stadium in Boston? Pay Corpse Stadium August.
Speaker 2: First, pay Corse Stadium, August first. I've always heard you, I mean I heard a little bit of his music, not much, but I've always heard he's great.
Speaker 1: He does the money night football intro, right, Yeah he does yeah along with carry anyway. But yes, the new trend of getting ribs.
Speaker 3: Removed to make your figure better, it shouldn't be that hard, right, It's just well, we.
Speaker 2: Can let's talk to Doc about just the various stuff. I think we talked to him a long time ago about remember people were having bone grafts into their legs, like their femurs to make them taller.
Speaker 3: All yeah, that's a real surgery. You get you can add like like three four inches onto your frame. Goofy's tremendously painful.
Speaker 1: From whatever.
Speaker 2: That's always what I've heard. I mean, look, I'm a short guy. It does not bother me that much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, except the tall chicks in high school just and everybody was taller me, and I mean girls were taller than me, every girl.
Speaker 2: Then high school. I was like five five two. I'm like, all right, what's going on there? Lollipop?
Speaker 1: Okay for you? Everybody told me during the breaks, well a lot of that's maybe lies.
Speaker 3: Another news rock, uh from our from our police blodder.
Speaker 2: This happened in Delaware. The police there received a call from Cayone Baxter, twenty one, who wanted to retrieve some items from a Hyundai Sonata that they had towed. Okay, once they uh, Once he came down to the lot to retrieve his uh, his items, he was arrested in charge with stealing the car the day before. So this dude steals the car and I guess didn't, and they found it on the same street. They he lived on the same street that he just stolen the car from, So I guess maybe he forgot some of the stuff that he wanted to steal from it. So it was like, you know, I got a I got quite a scam going here.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I feel like that should be something you would remember though.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like people read about these drug dealers who called the They call the cops and say, hey, uh, are you done with that cocaine that you took from that one guy?
Speaker 1: Can I have it back?
Speaker 6: Or something like?
Speaker 3: My favorite was, Hey, I was dealing with this guy drugs and he shorted me two hundred bucks, Right, that's my favorite one.
Speaker 1: Well you hear.
Speaker 3: Look, obviously you don't have to be an Einstein, you know, and uh I and I found this story rock in honor of Elvis's birthday, because if you, uh, if you're no anything, you don't have to do much about Elvis to know he really valued his valular health.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's that's where they found him.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: This happened at a Public's grocery store in Miami. If you're not familiar with Publics, it's it's the Kroger of Florida. They're they're big public everywhere good they had those up well now they're here now ye around here, and believe it or not, at in South Bend they had a Publix good food there too. Yeah that's chicken second or none. So the guy was using the restroom stall when he was when he was assaulted after Alfredo Brenda's seventy two entered the restroom frantically and began to bang on the stall door.
Speaker 1: Haven't we all been there before? Right when you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: So the guy's going, hey, I'm trying to take your business in here, guy, And so he kept banging on it, banging on the guy.
Speaker 2: It was finally finished up and comes out. The guy goes, there's Brandi's dude, the seventy two year old guy. And he goes on, when did calm down, old man. So the seventy two year old guy pulls out a knife. It's like, I will cut got sa go, I will cut you son. And so the guy had a book bag with him or something or briefcase or whatever. He had some kind of a bag. So he shielded himself as this guy is trying to stab him shot. So it's all taking place in the bathroom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what if you're in there just like taking a leak, You're like, God, I'm right, I know I'd be like escalated quickly later, guys, Yeah right.
Speaker 1: Bred has told police later on during the interview that quote he really needed to use the restroom apparently.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. Now, how would you like to be in prison for assault with a deadly weapon?
Speaker 1: And like to what'd you do?
Speaker 3: I killed a whole I robbed a bang and I shot the security guard and I had this ran over an old lady as I was leaving my getaway car, and what do you what are you went for?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I tried to stab a guy because he wouldn't let me and installed the poopy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really had to go and I was gonna kill him. You're going to go down to hard in prison. Man, I'm sorry. It ain't gonna work out well for you, not at all. I don't know what made me think of this public bathrooms. Have you ever been to a BUCkies yet?
Speaker 23: No?
Speaker 1: I've always heard that these bathrooms you're gonna eat off the floor.
Speaker 3: That's that's like their calling card, right, is that you know, as much traffic and everything they have is that the bathrooms are clean, which they always say that's the sign of if you want to know how well run something is a restaurant, whatever, look at the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Well, and I tell you there. For a while, when my son was living in Chicago, Deb and I were up and back there a lot of times driving and it's amazing some well, and we all know that if anybody.
Speaker 3: Who's driven on the interstate for any amount of time, uh, you stop at a rest you know, if because all the rest areas are closed now. Yeah, so you have to stop at a gas station somewhere along the way and you go into some of those spices. Man, it looks like like you're in a goolag or something. I would like anybody ever walk anywhere a mop you know, you walk in somebody has been murdered here and maybe yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't know how.
Speaker 3: I always I've been in places before like this is almost too gross to use the restroom inn. But ye, when you're driving and you stop, you know you really have to go. So I mean, I don't like just get your business. I can get out here before some of this gets on you. I am on my way to Canton on Sunday to call that game. You know, I had to, and I wanted I wanted to eat, and I excited to go, right, I want to eat, I want to go to the bathroom work. So I tried to pull this Wednesday Wendy's and locked, go around the other door, locked, and they're.
Speaker 1: Inside like, I'm like, your door's locked. I ain't care.
Speaker 3: So I, honestly god, I went around the back of the dumpster and right, sure, right there, that's all you could do, all I could do.
Speaker 1: I tried to do it the right way.
Speaker 3: We were I still got in line and got me a couple of spicy chicken sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Also they were the drive through was open. But yeah, that's weak.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh with that, we check in with the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 10: News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 19: The vice president defends the ice agent, says he defended himself.
Speaker 1: This is the five o'clock report.
Speaker 11: I'm Matt Reese breaking down.
Speaker 21: This was an attack on the American people. The way that the media by and large has reported this story has been an absolute disgrace.
Speaker 19: Vice President JD. Vance making a rare appearance at the White House Press briefing this afternoon. He wanted to talk about the shooting death of Renee Good after an ice agent open fire on her in Minneapolis yesterday.
Speaker 21: That very off ice officer nearly had his life ended dragged by a car six months ago, thirty three stitches in his leg, so you think maybe he's a little bit sensitive about somebody ramming him with an automobile.
Speaker 19: Band saying her death was a result of Democrats and far left networks demonizing law enforcement.
Speaker 35: Vice President Vance insisted that Wednesday's fatal shooting was the fault of what he called, quote the far left.
Speaker 1: And lunatic fringe.
Speaker 35: Vance reiterated what he said on social media, calling Rene Nicole Goods death quote a tragedy of her own making, and said he believes the incident is clear cut, despite the fierce backlash and many outstanding questions.
Speaker 21: You have a woman who was trying to obstruct a legitimate law enforcement operation.
Speaker 26: Nobody debates that.
Speaker 21: You have a woman who aimed her car at a law enforcement officer and pressed on the accelerator.
Speaker 11: Nobody debates that.
Speaker 21: I can believe that her death is a tragedy while also recognizing that it's a tragedy of her own making.
Speaker 35: Karen Travers, ABC News, the White House couse Minority leader Hakeem Jeffery's calling Homeland Security Secretary Christy Nome a quote stone called liar.
Speaker 19: Jeffery says the killing was an abomination, saying blood's on the hand, so the Trump administration and the set of Minority leader Jock Schumer says there appears to be no justification for the agent shooting. DHS claims Good was using her car as a weapon against the agent when he opened fire. You might have seen a local protest earlier today. People driving on I seventy one both directions this morning saw signs on the fence on the overpass of Montgomery Road and Brewster Avenue. One of them in white letters on a blue background read Ice murdered her.
Speaker 1: And the other signs Gift. Blaylock was one of the demonstrators.
Speaker 3: We have one that says stop ice, we have a one that says resists, Stop ices resist.
Speaker 19: This demonstrator was holding a poster with a picture of Renee Good. Hey, what do you want people to know? As they drive by this overpass.
Speaker 5: I want people to know that we need to find some ways to do good in memory of Renee Good.
Speaker 19: That was this morning during the noon hour, all the signs and all the demonstrators were gone. Now let's check your drive home this afternoon. We have the latest traffic in weather together.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center, House Weight Loss Center, offer Surgicum of medical, b CD care and expertise Call five one three ninth three nine twenty two sixty three ninety three nine twenty two sixty three. Accident is reported on two seventy five at Milford Road and it's got the right lane taken up right now. Seventy five north bound Mitchell to Paddock is heavy with traffic. On southbound seventy five Swing from Western Hills vinect to the Brent Spence Bridge, it's about a five minute trip through the area. Ten minute drive southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral because of the construction and the lane shift in place. Seventy one north bound Smith Edwards to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway ten minute trip and southbound seventy one MLK two four seventy one sluggish now two seventy five between Mosteller and Montgomery getting heavy vinet Goldbreth is an injury accident watch for police in ems. And we've got two seventy five Springfield piked on Winton slowing. I'm Rick Schremprodus Radio seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 15: Now the latest gore chast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center, Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for less in the.
Speaker 17: Tri State weather Tonight isolated rain in a morning lo of fifty seven. Then coming tomorrow some morning scattered rain and we'll see mostly clotty skies through our Friday in a high sixty four, which would tie a record from nineteen forty nine. At nights slight chance and a loa forty three. From your Severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred wl W.
Speaker 19: You have a few light scattered showers in the Tri State right now. Sixty two degrees are temperature.
Speaker 1: There's an ID Now.
Speaker 19: I'm a woman who was killed in i wreck in Westchester involving an ambulance and a car happened on Beckett Road near Beckett Park.
Speaker 1: A couple of nights ago.
Speaker 19: She is forty three year old Ernestina Obeng of Liberty Township, closing Bell on Wall Street. Today, the Dow jumped two seventy to forty nine, THO sixty six s and P five hundred rows less than a point, and Nasdack dropped one hundred and four. Athletic reporting that the Reds and eight other baseball teams have canceled their contracts with FanDuel, but that does not mean, according to the Athletic, that a new deal might be worked out between the Reds and fan Duel to secure a new TV deal. FanDuel's parent company, Main Street is struggling financially.
Speaker 11: Seven one hundred WLW Sports is a Reds update.
Speaker 24: The Reds reportedly on void arbitration today with the following players Gavin Lux five point two million, TJ. Friedel with three point eight million, Spencer Steer four million, and Will Benson at one point seven to five million. College football, first of the playoff semi finals tonight the Fiesta Bowl, All Miss up against Miami at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty. The other semi final tomorrow night the Peach Bowl, as Indiana battling Oregon College basketball. Get the latest on the Cincinnati Bearcats tonight on The West Miller Show after Sports Talk Live for the Ridge of Montgomery in at eight oh five. Right here on seven hundred WLW Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 1: Touch A Next Time.
Speaker 19: Updated at five point thirty Matt Reese News Radio, seven hundred WYLUB.
Speaker 28: This report is sponsored by Brad Versus Everyone podcast.
Speaker 29: Dangerous Social Media Trends, media scandals, don't TikTok, boycotts and more.
Speaker 1: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 4: And rock.
Speaker 2: It's a frightening I'm gonna read the first sentence of the article. It's frightening how far some people will go in the pursuit of perfection. And what we're talking about here is removing your ribs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I first thing is I have to imagine this is very unsafe. Your ribcage actually serves a purpose ed correct not cosmetic, but it protects, you know, your internal organs of need those things. So I don't know, sue what our guest has to say here. Well, it's great to have them back on the show in the new year. First off, Doc, happy happy, you know, great to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year. Guys, thanks for having me back.
Speaker 2: Our good friend doctor Bruce Herman. We'll get into the ins and outs of this spella and where you can find them on social and stuff. But Doug, I mean, I'm bringing the story of this one woman who did it in New York. Now, it's this has been around for a while, right, I mean, but why is this different?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is not a new surgery, but fortunately it's a surgery that never really caught on, has never been something that any significant number of people do.
Speaker 1: And when I saw this article pop up, I was like, whoa who who did that?
Speaker 23: Like?
Speaker 1: Who agreed to take this lady's ribs out?
Speaker 5: So I started digging because I was like, I was like, my hunch was that she had this done outside of the United States, because I just it's hard for me to believe that a legitimate surgeon the United States would do this to somebody. And so I had to, like I had to look through all of her tiktoks, which I mean, that's like thirty minutes of my life I'm never getting back, and she she basically wouldn't say who did this to her. My suspicion is she went out of the United States. Because this is the crazy part, and this is the part that you may not have seen in the article. They actually gave her her ribs in a plastic bag, like a like a little like bilasser.
Speaker 1: Bag, and she has a video of her only one.
Speaker 5: I'm just like, that is like such a violation of like you know, all types of like you know, like risk of infection and you know all. I was like, there's no way a surgeony United States would do this. So yeah, this was shocking to me. This is not a new surgery. It's something that's been done a time or two.
Speaker 13: In the past.
Speaker 5: But you guys hit the nail on the head. I mean, one, it is a risky surgery to remove your ribs. And two, those ribs, even though they're floating, which means, you know, is the twelfth and eleventh rib, they don't attach to your sternam like all the others.
Speaker 1: They they kind of just end.
Speaker 5: But they protect your spleen and your liver, which are kind of you know, important they get. I mean, you can go without a spleen, but if it starts bleeding, that's like a real problem.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was shocked about this. I mean I thought maybe there was going to be more pain. It was just the one.
Speaker 2: But well, yeah, just to give people, just to give people an idea here of what happened. She spent about thirteen and a half thousand dollars on the surgery. She reduced her waste from thirty two inches to twenty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, I looked at her photos, you know, since I was digging around her social media's and you know, I mean I personally am not like a fan of that like super ant waste. Look, but I will say the surgery did make a dramatic change in the figure. But that being said, it's not worth doing this. I mean, this is risky, both the surgery itself and if you're in a car crash.
Speaker 1: Or something after this. I mean, you know, it's potentially a life threatening change.
Speaker 5: And I will say also, after digging around this girl social media, she came back and said that she regrets it. She had complications, said it was the worst pain she's ever had, and she would absolutely not recommend anyone do this. So I guess there is a lesson in that. And also too, I will tell you I started digging into rib removal because I mean, this is not something people talk about very often. I was like, well, I'll just look in and see if anyone's doing this. There is a procedure in the United States people are doing, which I mean, I guess if someone had their heart set on it, this is definitely better than removing the ribs. But they have this procedure called the rib x CAR and what they do is it's kind of slick, but I don't recommend people do it. The surgeon will actually drill a couple of small holes in those ribs and then cause it to kind of fracture inward and you get the same effect, but without removing.
Speaker 1: The rib Again, I would not recommend people do this.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, if somebody said, look, I'm doing this no matter what you say, I'd say, well, at least don't do the one where they take the ribs out, Like do the one where you get to keep your ribs and it just makes the shape better. But again, not an endorsement to me. Aesthetic surgery is something that should be easy and extremely safe, and when you start messing with your ribs, I just I think safety kind of goes out the window there.
Speaker 6: Doc.
Speaker 3: I'm glad to hear that you were well, very successful have a conscience in a line that you will not cross. That seems to be and hopefully that and like you know, putting devil horns into people and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure if you do any of those, but they're not commonly.
Speaker 2: No, we're talking to doctor Bruce Herman and doctor is that something that's done in the United States? I mean, seriously, what Rockes said, I've we've heard about the devil horns on the head or is that something you go to whatever the Dominican for.
Speaker 5: I mean, there are body modification people that are like non doctors, so it's more like you know, tattoo parlors where they do kind of odd stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I know we've talked about this in the past. I mean it's been probably a couple of years now.
Speaker 5: They remember the Elpiers thing, yep. And I was always talking about, Man, I bet I could do that. I've never done one. It's almost been kind of a running joke on my show about you know, when I'm gonna start to be via Elfier surgeon for the stars but for your later there's a market for it, Yeah, yeah, I mean there are there is body modification that happens you know, but most of the time it's not surgeon's doing it, which you know, brings up whole not another conversation about it. You should be, you know, having these invasive procedures done by a non you know, medical practice person. But like, I mean, people do all kinds of weird stuff. It's you know, it's kind of interesting this field. You just see stuff out there like this article, and you're just like, man, what what are people thinking to do this? And what are the people thinking that are actually doing it? Like I mean, it's like, wow, let me in your experience.
Speaker 3: Is is this like a like I said, you know, I hate to be the one that blames social media for everything, but is this something where just people will see so many pictures and videos of percial media It's just totally fine.
Speaker 11: Okay.
Speaker 5: Social media has changed the landscape of plastic surgery and aesthetics to a great degree, and some of it has been good.
Speaker 1: I will, you know, let's let's be honest.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, more information is always better, and yes, there is bad information out there, but I mean you have people like me who try to put the good information out there.
Speaker 1: It's like, hey, this procedure is pretty safe. This procedure is not.
Speaker 5: These are things you should watch out for if you're gonna, you know, consider doing synesthetics. These are things that you know are are red flags and these are like good signs. So I mean, yeah, social media is to blame for a lot of stuff. I mean it's you know, changed our world in numerous ways, and you know, plastic surgeries one of them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, good and bad.
Speaker 3: So Doc twenty six has just started. Uh yeah, it gives a lowdown what what's maybe the new procedures or what do you think would be maybe the hot a procedure for this coming Yeah yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if there's anything new coming out that's gonna be kind of earth shattering. I look at things like, you know, what is the trend of body styles, and you know, the recent trend has been less Kardashian and more ballet body. So for example, we're.
Speaker 5: I think this will be the year where Brazilian butt lifts start to lose a little bit of steam. I thought it was going to be last year and ended up being more or less static, Like it didn't really change up or down. You know, things like really large implants are kind of getting less popular for more modest results. I think people are starting to tire of the overdone look like the huge lips and stuff. So yeah, I'm kind of with you on that, man. I you know, I love good aesthetic procedures where people look like themselves, they don't look like an alien. But man, there's such a fine line between looking good and getting just a little bit more and looking like like a monster or an alien. And so I think people are, you know, starting to see that, you know, maybe too much is not a good thing. So I'm optimistic that the trend is going to be for a little bit more conservative you know, outcomes.
Speaker 1: But I guess we'll find out. I mean, it's something I definitely kind of follow.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it hasn't been one single procedure that's popped up where I'm like, oh, that's you know, the next two things. There is one thing I don't know if we talked about Do we talk about the cadaver fat grafting?
Speaker 1: Have we talked about that? No? But tell us do tell Yeah. So there's a new product out there.
Speaker 5: It's called al Clay, and I did a segment on my show about it and basically what it is. It's gonna sound weird at first, but let me just you know, get to the end of it. So there's a new product where they harvest cadaver fat like like donor fat from humans, and they purify it and you can actually use it like a fat injection. So I do fat grafting. I don't like to do the Brazilian butt list, which is the injecting fat in the butt because it's risky, but I do it for breast occasionally, you know, that's the main way I use it. Some other type of reconstruction applications I might use it, and so I think it has a place. And it freaks people out when you say it's cadaver, but you have to understand that we use cadaver products all the time. I mean it is all throughout medicine and all fields where we use either donor you know, ligaments for u for reconstruction of a joint, or we use dermal tissue for reconstruction of the breast. So the fact that it's a cadaver is not that crazy, although it sounds weird when you when you say it. So I'm a little you know, optimistic on this one.
Speaker 8: Right now.
Speaker 1: The cost is the problem. Like to do a say, like a small augmentation of the breast.
Speaker 5: You're looking at like twenty thousand bucks, which is money compared Yeah, it's insane. I'm just kidding. They can both charge breast like that. I think that might have a place down the line if the cost can come down and and so yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's kind of new. And when I saw that, I was like, Okay, that's interesting. And it comes off the shelf.
Speaker 5: Man, these these products are getting really slick where it's like you don't even have to freeze the stuff. It comes off the shelf at like room temperature. And and there's some research on it. I think it has some promise, but right now, the cost is kind of the big, the big tripping point.
Speaker 2: And one of the thing we were talking about trends and stuff and the way things are changing, Doc, And I'm as I hesitate to say it because Rock's gonna melt down on me, but I got the impression that a lot of women were getting their breast implants taken out and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so there's a real specific reason for that, because you know, twenty to thirty years ago, breast implants were super hot and they're still hot, right, but you know, the lifespan on these things is limited, and so you get a lot of people that put them in and they just forget about them.
Speaker 1: And now twenty or thirty years have gone by, and what happens. A lot of people end up gaining weight.
Speaker 5: And so when they were you know, twenty or thirty getting these things, they got these implants and it made their breast exactly what they want. Well, you know, people get older, they gain a little bit of weight, and suddenly the breast turned from like d's to triple d's and suddenly they don't need the implants at all. And so I get a lot of people in my practice these days that you know, have old implants and they you know, they either may want them out or they do want them out. And I take a look at them. I say, look, you got plenty of breast issue. You don't need an implant at all. So we pull out the implant, We do a little lyft on the breast, and we get fabulous results. I mean, it's one of my favorite operations to do because it's it's not technically super challenging. The patients, you know, have almost no recovery and it's very low risk. So I do a lot of implant removals these days. And that's not a slight against implants, because they're still insanely popular. But it's just that people's desires change after twenty or thirty years and their bodies change.
Speaker 1: Well, the one that comes to mind for me is Danica Patrick. She made a big deal. Yeah, okay, yeah, I mean her story is a little different.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you've ever talked about that breast implant illness thing that kind of popped up in five to ten.
Speaker 1: Years ago, remember that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, And you know, and we had the plastic surgeons when this popped up, or like, geez, did we did we miss something here? So we did, Like and I say we, I personally was not in the lab doing this stuff, but I do read the papers about it. You know, a lot of research papers were done to try and figure out if this was like a real phenomenon. Was like, okay, we're breast implants actually causing these symptoms, which were things like headache, fatigue, joint pain, and you know, and we could never find a link. And I'll tell you my opinion. And I know people might say he's saying this because he's a plastic surgeon. But my feeling is is that these symptoms that people were having are just normal symptoms of getting older, and people were attributing these things to implants. And as I said, you know, the research to date has not found any any link to that. But I know Danika Patrick was like a big, big believer in it, and you know, she had her implants out. She's like, oh, I feel so much better, and and you know, and honestly, there's a little bit of a oh man, I'm blamant having yeah, placebo right, Yet there's a little bit of a placebo effect. You know if I if I tell you, hey, I'm gonna do this procedure and you're gonna feel better, most people feel better.
Speaker 1: You're gonna feel better, whether they are more natural and all that. Yeah. So yeah, people come in and oh sorry.
Speaker 5: I've had people come in and say, look, I think my implants, you know, may be causing me, you know, these issues. I'm like, you know, I just say, hey, here's the data on it, like very objectively, this is what the research says. But you want your implants out, take them out. I mean, if you think they're causing a problem. It's going to be in your head until you get them out right. So I don't have any problem. People want their implant socks, they think they're causing an issue. I at least give them the data and say, look, there hasn't been a link down under this, but that hey, we can take them out.
Speaker 1: Chances are you'll feel better. And people do it. But it's not a huge number like that.
Speaker 5: The rate of people who say that have that implant illness is less than one percent of people with them plants.
Speaker 6: It's really small.
Speaker 1: With that doc, we got to let you go. People want to find out more. Where can they go? Where can they find nip Talk?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I do my weekly podcast on Friday, a little of exciting news. I know we got to go, but I do have a new co host coming on. My cost of three years had to leave because of work stuff. I got a new one coming on. She's gonna be on next week. Super excited a little bit of local celebrity. So happy about that. But we do the show every Friday, airs on YouTube and Facebook. It's NIP Talk Show. I'd love for you listeners.
Speaker 11: To come by.
Speaker 1: Nice buddy, thanks so much. Great to have you back enjoyed it? Thanks love so much. Dock doctor Bruce Herman.
Speaker 3: He's got a rough life man, big time living large down in Dallas. We're gonna join those rich jobs every day. Yeah, it sucks with that. We check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 1: What's going on.
Speaker 9: From the UC Health Traffic Center. You see Hell'sweight Loss Center off for surgic com and medical obesity Caaren expertise call five win three nine three nine twenty two sixty three nine three nine twenty two sixty three seventy five South Marey's seventh accident to report here Vine at Gallbroth is an injury accident. And we have seventy five north bomb Mitchell the Paddock with about a ten minute trip and it's a ten minute drive southbound seventy five run a Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral. Also, we have two seventy five filling in Moss Stetler to Love the Madeira, about a fifteen minute mute down Brick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double do all.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night rain likely maybe some thunder fifty five the low for tomorrow morning showers with a high of sixty It is sixty two Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: Is it true Tom Brenneman was the bass player in a punk band called Mash Potato.
Speaker 11: That is mostly not true.
Speaker 10: Is it true that Tom Brenneman can speak to dolphins but chooses not to because of their attitude? It sounds possible, but not true. Is it true that listening to Tom Brenneman makes your morning better? That one is true.
Speaker 17: Please join me in the morning for the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, at a truckload more to get your day.
Speaker 10: Started right Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 28: This report is sponsored by Apple vacations dot com. Is more travel part of your New Year's resolutions? Apple Vacations can help say?
Speaker 2: All right, back with Eddie and Rocky a little while longer, But before we get out of here, we check in with ABC News Brad Garrett, ABC News Crime and Terrorism Analyst and Brad, what is the latest coming out of Minneapolis? A lot of chatter all day long, and well all evening and all day long last night.
Speaker 36: Well, you certainly are getting the perspective of what the Trump administration thinks of the shooting from the Secretary of Homeland Security as well as the Vice President. You know, you get another perspective from Governor Lall's, you know, the governor of Minnesota and the mayhore of Minneapolis, and they don't mix orbs about. You know, they think this is a bad shoot. But I guess you have to look at it this way that the video, I think you could kind of go either way because I don't think totally black and white as to who's its fault here. In other words, did what I'm trying to say is did the agent who shot her? Did he have the justification to use deadly force? So that's always the question that's going to going to come up. In other words, did he believe that she was going to run him over with her truck?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 36: And so he shot once into the lower right hand corner of the windshield, and then I believe he shoots two more times into the side of the vehicle where she's sitting and in her car, price is a few feet away. So there's that there's that aspect the FBI. Originally, I think we're going to partner with the Minnesota the state police, and that got vetoed, and so it's just going to be the FBI. Not totally uncommon, but you know, I've worked versions of this before and it's always been partnered with with one of the jurisdictions, in this case from the state. So that's where kind of we are. So there's a lot of loose ends, there's a lot of people to interview. The FBI will do a shooting reconstruction, in other words, in particular, if they have cameras to help them. Did did the ICE agent who shot this person? Did he have a camera on him.
Speaker 1: Evidenced exactly?
Speaker 36: And so and if he didn't, did somebody else that's close by? And clearly they got a lot of video from people in the crowd because you know, people pop up their phones and off they go. So so we'll see, but this isn't an investigation is going to take a while, and but I just don't think people are going to be satisfied whichever direction this may get cut.
Speaker 3: Do we know what My question is, what was a middle aged woman with a six year old okay, doing in a neighborhood in the freezing cold on a Wednesday at an ICE protest?
Speaker 1: What was she doing there? And while being in her car involved with the inner.
Speaker 3: Minglings of Ice, Like, like, I can't imagine any sane, middle aged woman would put themselves in that situation.
Speaker 36: You know, I only know sort of what incidentally, the media has reported based on interviewing people, which is that she was sympathetic to the to the immigration issue. I think she may have neighbors or friends that are part of the immigrant community. Now why she felt obligated to block the road, we don't know the answer to that. It's kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a terrible decision. Like I mean right now, I mean, the ICE lawfully can can do what they are doing.
Speaker 1: It is the law.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, if I I don't like paying taxes, which I don't, I can't ram my car into the government building in downtown Cincinnati. I have to you know, I have to talk to my local politician. We've got to get laws changed. I just feel like these people are going about it the wrong way and they're almost being encouraged.
Speaker 36: Well maybe maybe. And the other question that's going to be asked is did any of the behaviors before the shooting, Was there any behavior by Ice that may have facilitated or precipitated her reaction to them, and then she drives off. Those are all questions that will get answered, you know, in an investigation. It doesn't sort of change anything as far as whether you think the Ice agent that shot her was justified or not. That sort of a separate issue.
Speaker 2: Well, Brad, let me ask you just brought up the investigation. How long will something like that take Normally.
Speaker 36: Well, it'll take a few weeks, Yeah, and there may I just I think the short answer, it will take a few weeks because you've got to reconstruct the shooting now that can be done in fairly quick quarter, which you've got a lot of people to interview, both that are officers and civilians because they were right there. You know, what did they see? What are their statements?
Speaker 20: Do they have video?
Speaker 36: All of those kind of things, And clearly to your earlier point, they'll they'll do an extensive background on her that may well answer some of the questions you're asking me and the circumstances that led up to her a being there and b why in the world was you blocking the road with all these Ice agents around? So it's a it's a story that's going to take a while to unlignd, but I don't think too ofteny long.
Speaker 1: All right with that, Brad, we will let you go, buddy, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Thanks Brad, I thanks Brad. And and other news well coming up, but we want to hit this rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to pub this.
Speaker 3: Lance has got a good show coming up right out of the gate six o'clock sports talk. He has Luke Brenneman, the son of Tom Brennman, grandson of the Marty Brenna Hans. He is at the college football semifinal game in Atlanta, calling the game for the IU College Radio Network. Big Man.
Speaker 1: He did the rose ball. I knew that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's that's great. That'll be fun to hear from him. And then also he has a women U SEE women's basketball coach, Katrina Mirrorweather on they had a big win last night and he will talk with her.
Speaker 1: Cool rock in other news. Yeah, you always.
Speaker 2: Remember the good old days when we were doing our show from home and we during COVID we were on zoom every day.
Speaker 1: Yeah you're and your Jammy's Yeah right, I was wearing nothing right. Good times times.
Speaker 2: The well Dev used to do a thing on Channel nineteen and she had you know, internet camera there attached to camera to our computer, and I went walking by in jim shorts and Dev's phone rings and somebody from Channel nineteen calls her and goes, hey, told lady to quit walking around in his underwear shirt, my jim shorts. But anyways, I should have showed him more than that. But nonetheless, So this happened to police officer Matthew Jackson in Detroit. This happened last month, a month and a halfco or something like that, whatever he is.
Speaker 1: He had to.
Speaker 2: Testify about it against a woman charged with drag racing and disorderly conduct. But he was doing it as they do a lot these days. They do remote you know, you do remote testifying. So he is uh in the courtroom where he's on you know, they're doing the trial in the courtroom, and they see him on the TV screen and the judge out of the cob blue goes, hey, officer, you got some pants on?
Speaker 1: And he goes, uh, no, sir.
Speaker 2: Well, apparently he doesn't realized that his camera had kind of slowly chilted down and he's sitting there in his underwear with his uniform top.
Speaker 6: One.
Speaker 3: Come on, man, you gotta prepare to look at the upside of the downside. I want to be comfortable too. But he's gone, uh no, sir. And with that, he's moved the camera back up so his beer legs could no longer be seen. Uh that Uh, he got a little lecture from the judge. I guess I don't know if they'd just they'd reprimand him or anything for that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: The Independent's attorney said it was an interesting stet a day, to say the least.
Speaker 1: I guess you could say that.
Speaker 3: But by the way, I remember during COVID and everyone was getting used to zoom and all that stuff, all the hilarious and sometimes just traumatizing videos of what people were doing on their People were still getting used to it right then when it was the camera ons and off of the mute buttons on, it was always a disaster.
Speaker 1: And there were some funny ones and some ones that were like oh my wow.
Speaker 2: And people who would have you know, they had mount everest in back of them and their face would look like a duck.
Speaker 3: Or yeah yeah cool, yeah, well yeah. Then people started getting too cute.
Speaker 1: On it, and it's like, okay, you're running it, so oping up your video your audio and sit there.
Speaker 2: On other stuff won the police blotder Rock. This is an update on the case from twenty twenty three. Cedric Lodge fifty eight and his wife Denise had been indicted back then for stealing and selling human body parts from the Harvard Medical School Morgue. They finally were sentenced just the other day in federal court.
Speaker 11: Uh the uh.
Speaker 2: Mister Lodge was sentenced to eight years in prison and his wife Denise sentenced to a little more than a year for helping them. The Lodge is what they did would bring people into the Medical School morgue with a potential buyer, shop around and the there was like bodies obviously and the donated remains. They would let them shop through there, I guess, being like a jewelry store and you're going through, Oh that looks nice.
Speaker 1: A uh yeah. They would say it was like a Chinese you know what. I like that skulled over there. Oh and I like that arm.
Speaker 2: That's good looking. They would then okay, they'd write down their list and then they'd come back later on. They would take them home and ship them through the mail. The parts included heads, brains, skin, and bones. One of the things a lodge provided a buyer with was skin to beat, tanned into leather and bound into a book.
Speaker 1: That's some ed gain serocular stuff, right right. How do you get into that? I guess if you work around it and there's I guess it is that like a lucrative market.
Speaker 6: I guess.
Speaker 1: You know, if you're into that, it's hard to get so you pay for it. How weird? How well? I want to know?
Speaker 3: I want to meet the guy that had the thing balance, you know, leather bound book, it human skin?
Speaker 1: That does sound like Eden?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: I talked to her.
Speaker 12: My mom.
Speaker 1: A very good Did you ever you saw that show? Right, that show that's on Netflix? Or oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, I thought, he.
Speaker 2: Voice, Hey, look if you it's really weird, trust me, but that guy is really good to part I have to say, I think, yeah, I think it's dominated for something. Yeah, well, and I would tell you. My wife was like, you were out of your mind. If you think I'm going to watch another episode of this, it's like, God, admit it's pretty good. Though, she goes, oh it's great, Yeah, it's it's.
Speaker 1: It's well done. If you have a morbid curiosity about that guy with that we check in with trafficking weather, what's going on