Speaker 1: Good morning, light and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine. I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with US spring to start later. Please, I could never know if the day was US Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demogram, super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Fight Ago Nito Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the night day of February twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to Monday Morning on the partche morning. So the first day without football and after yesterday's game, that's okay, I'm just kidding. Congratulations Sam Darnold and oh you Seahawks fans out there. Uh, here's what we got today, Ben, we got musk, we got a cast oh thousands and a Monday Morning on the Park trip. So let's get her started. Here is comedian Mike Baldwin. It is National Pizza Day. Let's get some pizza. Come on in. I am glad you're here.
Speaker 4: There's a commercial on TV for Pizza Hut and they're advertising the new extra large pizza, which is twice as big as a medium and delicious obviously, but there's a disclaimer at the bottom and it says, if you want this product, you must ask for it when ordering. Well, yeah, who's the idiot that calls pizza and goes send me pizza?
Speaker 1: What kind my favorite? I'll just wait here, bye. I don't know if you know what Vantage is.
Speaker 4: Vantage is the phone company, And on the Vantage commercial there's a disclaimer at the bottom and that says that Vantage nine is different than regular nine to one one, And I don't know.
Speaker 1: What that means. What could it mean?
Speaker 4: You know, you're in an emergency, you call nine one one, some guy's like, hello, who's this?
Speaker 1: Or if it was all automated, if you're.
Speaker 2: On fire, press one, you got shot Press two.
Speaker 1: I'm freaking out, like.
Speaker 3: I'm getting attacked by dingoes?
Speaker 4: What are the odds that's coming over the next couple of numbers.
Speaker 5: I count stuck in a pup of an.
Speaker 1: The FEU side is sweet and feet us on your side.
Speaker 3: You hear the distance under this sad in you stray?
Speaker 1: I agree, we have that's a sadder the powers you're letting show. It is Monday fat nine twenty twenty six some point. That's good side meets Ouce Lamberts zach albertson Super Bowl in the rear view Mirror that that first half was a rough watch, got a little exciting in the second half a little bit, a little bit, a little bit, never really in doubt. The football was pretty bad unless you love defense. But man, that was it was a rough one. But our guy Sam Darnold got a Super Bowl ring. Yeah, man, good for you. He is a champion just one year after playing for the Minnesota Vikings. We didn't mean him, we didn't need him, and he is a He's a champ. I like that. He admitted right on the field right after the game. He's like, yeah, I didn't really play my best. Oh he didn't. Yeah, but he's the champ. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He almost put that ball in Harm's way about eight times. But they won.
Speaker 1: They sure did defense twenty nine to thirteen. Hell yeah, they have everything. We have nothing. Yeah, that's correct. Hi meet hey babe, I meet hey babe. He hot takes No, not really.
Speaker 2: I mean I thought the uh Duncan commercial was a plus. The Infinity one with Jurassic Park, I thought was great. I just think that they're as Brady Quinn said about five minutes earlier. I think there's a lot of teams like Buffalo and the Ravens that are like, man, we gave up an opportunity. We could have probably won a super Bowl or been at least more competitive. And I will say Ben Leeber was one hundred percent correct. They won by more than ten and Will Campbell on the left side is an absolute liability at left tackle.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I had to pay him one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Oh you took I took the AFC.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, just an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just terrible. It's okay, yah yo, just won it back. Yeah, it was hard to watch.
Speaker 3: It was hard to watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it definitely was. It was hard to watch. A lot of the Super Bowl was hard to watch. That was tough. But whatever, Yeah, that was hard to watch, Yes it was yeah, okay, dude.
Speaker 3: Relaxed brother, Yeah, speaking of that was hard to watch.
Speaker 1: Lazy Fun pulls out of the gate and hopes are Olympic glory.
Speaker 3: I just go after the years of watching her, and she will ski at her limit.
Speaker 1: A tone of set right here, Oh my goodness, this crowd is just absolutely silent. That was hard to watch.
Speaker 3: Mark, now here's the thing. Has anyone in this uh tri state area seen the crash yet?
Speaker 1: What do you mean Lindsay's crash? Yeah you have.
Speaker 3: Of course I didn't see it. You saw the crash, the cartwheel down the hill. Seriously, I haven't seen I haven't seen footage of it. I haven't.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 3: The reason because that was because I can't. I haven't seen it anyway.
Speaker 1: Oh, they've shown it a thousand times.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm dumb.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen it at all. I thought you were doing a bit. I'm like, what am I missing here?
Speaker 3: Honest with you, I have looked. No, it's everywhere. I thought it was embargoed or something.
Speaker 1: No, it was. It's everywhere.
Speaker 3: She uhficient she.
Speaker 1: Is when she's airborne coming around the turn, it looks like her like maybe your part of her body caught the flag or caught the gate and then she kind of twisted back and just bites it bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, I didn't. I huh. I didn't look that hard. But maybe because I keep writing in Lindsay Vin.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Lindsay Vin's fine. Yeah, Lindsay Vaughan not so much so. They she broke her leg, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, she shed They're pretty I mean they I think it was thirty minutes. They had to delay the races to get her off the old mountain, and then they airlift her off like sucked.
Speaker 3: You know, watching that helicopter lift her out of there for the second time in ten days. I'm not lying you. I would have said, I'm gonna find a way to walk out of here. You are putting me on that damn thing and take me up in the sky, yea, in that death trap. My leg ain't that bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just sled down, Just sled down. Yeah, you're the toboggan.
Speaker 6: They would have gotten you up and your leg would have sounded like you stepped on a bunch of sticks, and they probably, Okay, give me the right right at this point.
Speaker 3: Just put me down, bring bring the guy from the horse track over and have him shoot me.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Shout out to Lindsay V. That sucks. Sucks all right now.
Speaker 3: I think I'm gonna see it for the first time. Yeah, maybe not, never mind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stupuzz you just heard on the on the sound bite, it's like, I don't know, ten seconds into the race. It's it's right off the bat. It's early.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks Stace, Stacey, Stace, what is Dice is in Andrew Dice Clay.
Speaker 1: The Dice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's that broke her leg.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's horrific.
Speaker 3: Pete was there, Yeah so it was No, he wasn't there at the time. He's on playing there now to do his part. He's taking her spot on the team to do it for Yeah, not for her.
Speaker 1: Not in my country.
Speaker 3: He says he's broke.
Speaker 1: His leg yet it hasn't happened to him yet.
Speaker 3: That is pretty incredible. How they just put you in that little thing and take you right out of there. There's gotta be instances of that helicopter crashing right or or or of that helicopter accidentally like running you into the side of a building or a tree, you know what I mean. The first day flying a helicopter.
Speaker 6: There was that video like a few years ago, I think where they rescued somebody but the the bed like.
Speaker 1: Started uh in super viral. Yeah, right, wasn't it somebody's mom or something? It was like an old Why do I think it was like an older lady that just spun like a top. Yeah, Rosie, Yeah, it was. That was wow. Yeah that was not good. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, that would suck see that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I watched a lot of Olympics this weekend. Man, it was awesome. Snowboarding was awesome. Watched a little bit of hockey, watch a little bit of curling. Yeah, the curl the skiing.
Speaker 3: Skiing's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the skiing is fun.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: The uh this is my hot take. This is the only hot take I have. I don't really have any hot takes in the super Bowl, even though I watched every second of it. Yes, my hottest take about Olympic coverage the stars so far. The unsung hero of the Olympics in twenty twenty six drones. Yes, Yeah, the drones are awesome. Yeah, they are awesome. And because I think what they're doing is they didn't just say, hey, it's twenty twenty six, let's uh, let's do drones like. They didn't just throw it together and do it. The way they're using them is awesome. They they have them trailing like the luge they haven't. They have them trailing speed skaters, and it's like a good distance where you can kind of get a good angle. It's not just to do it. They they've thought of dynamic ways to use drones. To make the coverage for US better. It was sweet with the luge yesterday. The drunes are sweet. Yeah, it was cool. I like even right now, Like look on NBC they're doing the slope style skiing and they got a drone right behind the racer. It's awesome. That shots sick. Yeah, whoops.
Speaker 3: It is pretty cool. How they do it in the ice skating too, when they're inside there doing the when they get right in, zoom right in.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's why you watch it. He likes the quad God.
Speaker 3: I do. I do find the mixed pairs to be very interesting too, more skating. How they look at each other, like how could you do that with somebody not fall in love with them?
Speaker 1: Exactly? It happened to Jimmy McElroy and Chazz Michael My.
Speaker 2: Yeah there are a couple now. Yes, yeah, wow, good for them. Yeah yeah, it's a lot of Yeah, it's cool. The guy that does the flips is sweet. Yeah, that's the quad God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the quad God.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what they call them.
Speaker 1: Melanin Millanin. I think his last name is something like that. Melon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's sweet. I like the mixed doubles curling as well. The just the tulia, the two corries. The tries are sweet? Is this the second best two corries of all time?
Speaker 1: Behind the Game and Feldman? I mean probably if you're ranking Corey, because it's the only other two corries I can name.
Speaker 8: Do you know what was what?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 3: You know, it was weird yesterday in the Super Bowl when Mike Tyson was final to tell me how bad it was for him to be a big fat guy, right, Like, what is going on?
Speaker 1: What you used to eat ice cream daily?
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, hold on, stop and rewind?
Speaker 1: What now? Yeah, that's the part of the past you regret.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's that's the worst thing.
Speaker 1: In fact. You know what I hate is the hypocrisy some of the inside jokes. All Right, that was hard to watch. It was hard to watch.
Speaker 3: Eat an apple, mic, Yeah you're all better now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take a deep breath, Mike.
Speaker 3: My sister was really heavy and died, and then I decided I was going to be real heavy too.
Speaker 1: Terrible.
Speaker 3: Okay, Mike, what all right?
Speaker 1: He's not wrong?
Speaker 3: Eat natural foods?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What? Yeah? I don't know, I don't know. I don't want to rip advertising because look, that's the industry we're in.
Speaker 3: Too, but many you're allowed to rip it. I didn't they do a bad job. You can say it was bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they continue to of me a little bit. You spent a lot of money on nothing.
Speaker 3: It's like the Gervartis commercial during the during the Olympics. I don't need to see that lady break her ankle and hear it at the same time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, son of a bitch.
Speaker 3: She's walking up the stairs speaking of Mike Tyson. Come on, man, Yeah, I want to watch her ankle this completely in his and it goes underneath her.
Speaker 1: Well, be healthier.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she needs to mix some some calcium.
Speaker 1: That's right. Yea, right, was that Jamie Lee Curtis, Sally Field, No, Jamieie Curtis was about she was activia right dumping. Sally Field used to say, get amazing. I'll tell you get an amazing hot right correct.
Speaker 3: So anyway, there you go. That's the weekend in a nutshell.
Speaker 1: O great point. Yeah, we can't play music anymore.
Speaker 3: Is that a song?
Speaker 1: Just the weekend? Weekend? It's great, it is finally Actually it's not even it's not even here. The week was far away as you can get. Yeah, but it'll be here before we know it, and then the following weekend. After that, you could take the rest of the week off and then today would feel like a Friday. Yeah, that's a good point. It's not too late. No, No, we run that by app and I'm sure he'll love it. Yeah, is he here? I don't think any of them are here anymore.
Speaker 3: I know where their offices would be, but I know that they're kicking some butty here. Man. It's cool. They're to start to take shape up in this joint. It's like uh like like if you call builders or remodelers and ask them, hey, come over and fix my windows, they'll do it. And they bring you the very first segment of the Party of Morning show, whether they like it or not them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, Bill doesn't remodel it, thank you. Yeah man. Yeah, the rhino on this floor is underway. Yeah, man, six months of this or whatever it's going to take. I guess right, give her a take, yes, months or right now? I think you're sweet. It's like a six month process. That's awesome. That's whatever for us. The listeners are like, what do I care? Yeah? Correct, I don't know. Ben Lieber can break down the Super Bowl in a little bit Michael J. Musman the third. We'll talk a lot of Super Bowl sixty between now and nine o'clock. This is the power Trip morning show on the fan. We'll do it.
Speaker 2: Seattle rains up, you leaning flu Seahawks super Bowl Chickens for the second time.
Speaker 3: Whoops.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's the right thing. I don't know why they played that.
Speaker 3: I was interesting to listen to it. Uh, Turco and collins Worth try to fill time yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, was it late second quarter or early third where I think they knew they were in trouble from an entertainment perspectives, Like the game was getting really boring, and Collinsworth said something like, hey, look, you know it's like twelve nothing, but this is one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen. He tried to flip it into hey, look, I know this is boring, but this is still pretty historic, and the rest of us were like, yeah, that's great. It is an unbelievable defense, but this game is boring as hell.
Speaker 3: And Erico's like, I like titles exactly. He's like, I love special teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One of them was like, we're like a tip pass or a fumble away from this.
Speaker 1: Getting interest year. It's like, are we a NBC just showed clips if Heated rivalry to get people talking. Yes, correct, Yeah it was getting boring. But look, that's how sports work. Sometimes it's not done. I mean, we had some awesome games, some awesome games in the postseason. I would argue the Super Bowl wasn't one of them. But it doesn't happen every year, never guaranteed to be entertained by the actual game. Yeah, that's where they try to make the spectacle with Green Day and Bad Bunny and stars and flyovers and fireworks. They got to make a big deal because the game might suck and for the vast majority of the game it was boring.
Speaker 3: Bepepppppep. Now we can start thinking about next season. Today's first, I think today we're doing our very first mock draft, are we not?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It is season.
Speaker 3: Have you done it yet?
Speaker 1: Are you not yet?
Speaker 2: But I've looked at a bunch of them. The Combine starts two weeks from today. That's always fun. We get our true mock drafts after the combine and then we roll into free agency and then before you know it, boom bam, we're doing the Power to living.
Speaker 1: The now, living and out, don't look ahead to the future. That's you're on fast forward, hit pause, and enjoy today. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think that's what That's what crazy did, and I don't think that worked out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking speaking of that, what an interesting commercial last night? Did you see the one for co Pilot where there's a guy There was a couple of guys like scouting players. Yeah, oh, I hadn't seen it, And then they were inputting stuff into co Pilot whatever, and then essentially the guy goes, all right, then that's our guy, because he basically asked co Pilot to project the career and scout the players and this I need a player that right in the height. And then he goes, all right, there's our guy. And I'm going, no, this just we The Vikings just tried this. They used the guy that was one hundred percent analytics and it backfired. But I just thought it was interesting that the NFL is like, hey, Microsoft's our partner, let's show him how it's done. You're just you're telling us that the human element of scouting players is going to be eliminated by co pilots. I guess what a weird commercial that was very weird, Like, oh, I guess that's where we are, where anybody can be a GM.
Speaker 3: They were advertising to other AI. Oh for sure, look what we can do guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there were a lot of AI commercials last night.
Speaker 3: CH's like, what.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what? Whatever the hell Claude is? What the hell's ad? Right? You see how those commercials? The hell was that all about?
Speaker 6: Zachary Man, I don't know much about Claude other than I guess it doesn't share your stuff or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no commercials or ads within the AI. Yeah whatever. At least it doesn't scout players for me. No, correct, No, that was just his cat impression. Wow. Yeah, strange, very co pilot project their careers. Yeah. Oh that's that's your job. You're a scout. Job's done here? Oh man, Oh, I guess NFL scouts just got got eliminated. Yeah, one more job the robots to.
Speaker 3: Somebody has to be here to go. That's our guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I guess I'm killing you.
Speaker 3: That was hard to watch.
Speaker 1: Th Oh yeah, he's right though.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what was your favorite commercial or winning commercial in your mind?
Speaker 2: The Duncan one with all the old school nineties people.
Speaker 1: I thought that was great. Yeah, yeah, I don't know. The Jurassic Park one was great.
Speaker 3: I like the one with the horsey and the eagle. That was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was someone hawk sobbed too? Yeah?
Speaker 3: What one was that?
Speaker 1: Was it? The lazed potato? Yeah, the dad giving the farm to the gal he sobbed pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you guys sign up for the free bag at chips within seventy two hours? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I signed up for all that.
Speaker 1: Oh and bag chips? Why did you? Oh yeah, I got one on it's on the way. What kind did you get?
Speaker 6: Oh, they just give you the They don't give an option, just whelp. Yeah, it's just that. You get what you get and you don't make a fit. Okay, So I supposedly it's going to arrive on my doorstep by Oh wow today there unbelievable. It's got the the unbelievable. It's got a UPS tracking number.
Speaker 1: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 1: There's a lot of free chips. Is that right?
Speaker 3: There's a lot of chips there today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a ton man Global Potato short.
Speaker 6: I feel bad because some UPS driver is gonna have to like go in the back and grab a bag of chips and then bring it to the doorstep.
Speaker 1: Why do you feel bad? I don't know. It seems like a lot of work for just a bag of chips.
Speaker 3: The hardest part is not breaking all those chips, yeah, I mean and not eating them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: So a guy or a gal whose career on a daily basis is to bring packages from the van to the front door is somehow going to hate that one of the packages is a bag of chips. I don't know.
Speaker 6: It seems awfully wasteful of resources.
Speaker 1: Sure you're you're familiar with Amazon Prime. Correct, Yeah, I know, but again, but at least you're getting more. I'm just a bag of chips on Instagram or or Instacart or like. It's literally just a bag of chip. It sure is, and all that.
Speaker 6: And it's going to be here between six and eight o'clock tonight.
Speaker 1: Perfect timing. Man.
Speaker 3: What they should have done is emailed you a coupon to go to h correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would have been fine with that.
Speaker 3: I pick up this holiday you're gonna be there anyway.
Speaker 6: But apparently they're supposed to be the freshest. If you'll ever have get excited, you're about to enjoy the freshest bag of lays you'll ever have.
Speaker 1: So before tonight, Zach, what's the freshest bag you've ever enjoyed?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, well probably I.
Speaker 3: Can't imagine anything where that fresh.
Speaker 1: Yeah I can't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean honestly, I mean, Hawks is in fresh right after he show.
Speaker 1: So you're going to enjoy that. You're going to enjoy that bag between six and eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you better need as soon as it gets there because they're piping hot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fresh potatoes, Man.
Speaker 6: You want a fresh bag? Why don't they have like a fresh potato chip stand at the fair?
Speaker 3: They just have one standing there.
Speaker 1: What we need to do? It's not a bad idea, don't they have like Doude They think they have something similar to that? What do I feel like? There's like fresh potatoes, deep frime and then hand.
Speaker 6: Them something like that stick. Yeah, put them on the stick. Yeah, you're like, yeah, you just oh my god. Why are we giving away this idea for free?
Speaker 1: Did you guys see the commercial, the Mister Beasts commercial. Yeah, for the giving away the money, but yeah, a million dollar bit, so Chris, you know what I'm talking about? To see this one missed a bunch of commercials. I don't know this is. This is. I just think it's funny because a commercial like that thirty years ago went a bet in massive deal. The premise is mister Beast is walking through these digital scenes right as he's talking about I'm giving away a million dollars, and he's basically describing that there are hints in the commercial that you're watching and then you have to figure out a code, and whoever figures out the code first wins a million dollars. So there are clues throughout the thirty second commercial. Kind of a genius idea because then it's basically causing everybody to go like, well, crap, Now I got to go back and watch it many, many, many times as quickly as possible to figure out what I'm missing, figure out what the clo It's like an escape room almost right. You got to find a code, you got to solve the riddle. So I'm sitting on my couch and here's mister Beasts going, there's a code in this commercial, find it and I'll give you a million dollars. And I'm like, ain't nobody get down for this? Like I had.
Speaker 3: Zero pass, like the pass It's like dropping dropping a nickel. If it were a quarter, i'd have been done, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, and of course I'm like, I'm not gonna rewatch that. And of course, and of course like somebody already figured it out on the first try, and by the time I figure out, if I ever figure it out, by the time I figure it out, I'm not. First. I didn't even flinch, right, But as soon as I realized what he was describing, I'm like, who's gonna do that? But somebody's gonna do it. Everybody that wanted a free bag of as, that wants to enjoy a fresh bag can scan that that QR code and boom, a fresh bags on his way to axe house. But for mister Beast, it's how many people collectively just goes, no, that's so much effort. And it wasn't hey, if you can figure this out and putting the code, we're going to draw a name. It was whoever does it first? That meant almost nobody tried.
Speaker 3: No chances.
Speaker 1: Somebody way smarter, way quicker is going to figure it out, and I'm gonna be and they're taking notes like I'm Nancy Drew going, I've watched this son of a bitch fifty times. I don't understand what I'm looking for. I don't have a code. I missed the whole second half of the game trying to figure out this code. I missed all of spring. Yeah. I think he's messing with us. How do I tell mister beast? I believe there's no code and it's a reverse trick. Question here? What's going on? But I have bought a lot of potato chips. I'm enjoying a fresh bag. Correct. Damn, Oh god, no effort. Didn't flinch for a second, like, good luck, somebody's getting the will in nice dry.
Speaker 2: If he'd been like, the code is one two three? Yeah, I don't have time for that. Yeah, do you have been plymouth? No, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, When is this game over? I got to work in the morning. Uh from page Sports? Is next? Is Power Show on the fan?
Speaker 6: I have forty two cloudy skies. I had to get fifteen. I was looking at a different team city.
Speaker 1: Where you're looking at Yeah, zecho, yeah city, are you tracking? It's as high as fourteen two. I knew right away. I was shaking my head. I was like, that's not right.
Speaker 6: Thirty five Tomorrow thirty four, Wednesday thirty nine, Thursday forty one?
Speaker 1: And I hate this? Why you hate what? Because it's winter time? Maybe we don't need this till like when you stop? What's the holidays over? No, you didn't enjoy a fresh bag, you didn't get you didn't have cold? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you talk to me in the driveway club?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right, Yeah this is pretty good for driveway club. It's lovely. It's a brisk, nice morning. I don't want a driveway club, but I want like lower twenties. Well yeah, well yeah, too bad. Yeah all right, more on page sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah too bad?
Speaker 1: Yeah, too bad?
Speaker 2: Man time now for front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores for limited time three for six fifty. When it comes to your favorite Coca Cola twenty ounce bottles mixing match at Flavors, you want cokex Brighte, What do you want Coca Cola bottles three for six fifty Our friends at Holiday, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Holiday Holiday, You're the best. Love you and thank you Jesus. I love Holiday and I thank them. I know, but that sounded like it was a little Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think at pre Valentine's Day needs maybe need to take a break, I love you and thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, holidays like things are moving too fast for me. You're making me uncomfortable. Holidays like maybe we need to see other gas stations.
Speaker 1: This is like a is this a Kobe Bryant situation where you're gonna get holiday a five million dollar ring to say I'm sorry? No, I just love holiday? Then I know you thank them? Intaid you love that.
Speaker 6: It's Valentine's Day weekend this weekend. You better prove it. Yeah, you can't. Just you know, your actions speak louder than the words. He's right where you're taking holiday on Saturday night?
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't just go to holiday and use the pump? Right? Yeah? What if I want a fresh bag?
Speaker 3: Am I just a pump?
Speaker 1: I mean get in there and shop around a little bit.
Speaker 3: Please come for condoms and your hammers.
Speaker 1: Your idea. I don't think they sell hammers a holiday here a bag of the They sell them by the bag. But I don't not anymore.
Speaker 6: Your idea of a romantic night is taking holiday to Arthur's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on Saturday night, how about dinner. We'll go to dinner and then we'll go to you get dinner at Holiday? They got cookies to break up with you. What's happening? I just said I love holiday enough.
Speaker 6: Time on his side and that because you wouldn't take Gavin out and have Gavin cook Well, I was doing my part though.
Speaker 3: You guys are your inside jokes.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got a bunch. The Seattle Seahawks beat the Patriots twenty nine to thirteen. Sam Darnold, who was a Viking a year ago, is a Super Bowl champion nineteen thirty eight two two in a touchdown. Nothing spectacular but enough. But Kenneth Walker the third twenty seven carries one hundred and thirty five yards, almost one hundred of those in the first half. Also twenty six yards receiving. He is named your MVP, the first running back to win MVP in almost thirty years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's unstoppable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, first running back to win MVP since Terrell Davis in Super Bowl thirty two, so twenty eight super bowls ago following the ninety seven season, and one hundred and thirty five yards rushing is the most in a Super Bowl since Terrell Davis. No, nuts, Yeah, that is nuts. Think of all the dynamic running backs we've had in the last thirty years and one thirty five is the most in a Super Bowl since Terrell Davis. Yeah. I didn't fact check that it, but that's what ESPN said. The nuts, that's got to be right. How about this too, because we like gambling. At plus eight point fifty, Kenneth Walker the third longest odds to win MVP since Julian Edelman in Super Bowl fifty three. Wow. So that's I mean, it's only seven Super bowls ago, but still plus eight to fifty, which is give or take twelve percent chance, longest odds since Julian Edelman. Wow. That's obviously because most of the time it's a quarterback, right, and the quarterbacks are normally in that like plus one fifty to plus two to fifty range. Yes, Sam was the favorite. Correct, Yeah, May was second. Both of them were average at best. If that Walker is slated to be an unrestricted free agent, here's a weird stat. Only three Super Bowl MVPs have ever changed teams in the off season following the Super Bowl. Wow, so if he leaves, he'd be the fourth. Yeah, he's gonna get a huge payday by this one, all right, I hope no. But he saw this. How many minutes total did the Seattle Seahawks trail in the twenty twenty five slash twenty twenty six playoffs combined. How many minutes of game time did they trail this postseason?
Speaker 3: I'm tempted to say zero, two.
Speaker 1: Two minutes, zero minutes. Zachary sixty nine seconds. Car not bad, mean filthy sometimes pays off one minute and thirty five seconds the entire postseason. That is the fifth lowest ever. Because four teams have I've gone through an entire postseason without ever trailing, so four have never trailed. This is the fifth best of all time. Just one minute and thirty five seconds trailing. That's incredible. A good defense will do that. Yeah, I got another good stat. You guys like stats, Yeah, man, I got a lot of them this morning. You guys familiar with Jason Myers. Yeah, the kicker. Sure, five field goals last night. Five field goals is a Super Bowl record. A little surprised by that too. I would have thought somebody would have done five by now, after fifty nine previous Super Bowls. But whatever, five is the record. He had seventeen points last night, five field goals and two extra points, so he set the all time record for a point in a single NFL season between the regular season and the playoffs, combined with two h six most points ever in one season, named the player whose record he beat. I saw it, man, and I'll give you a hint. It is not another kicker. Hm, I don't even don't where to stare. Oh, bad Fall, cheaper, it's Katie.
Speaker 3: His name is bad Fall.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, that right leg don't look good. Thanks doctor Helberson.
Speaker 3: Not doctor of English.
Speaker 1: It was the two thousand and six NFL season. I could give you a hint that I'll give it away, but.
Speaker 3: Give it away then.
Speaker 1: Thanks Anthony Ketis. This is a former Ben Lieber teammate.
Speaker 3: Drew Brees.
Speaker 1: Uh Danian Tomlins said one and ninety eight points LT scored in two o six. That was the record. But then Jason Myers broke it last night. Unbelievable two six. Yeah, well.
Speaker 3: Did he break his leg?
Speaker 1: No, think he's fine. She's up in her movement. Now that's a lady. I can't.
Speaker 3: I don't have the team.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not watching it either. Oh you can't because your neck one like my next one is.
Speaker 3: It's still bad.
Speaker 2: It's not as bad as it was, but it's about I'm about ninety better.
Speaker 1: It still hurts a little bit. Hey, Saucy, can I ask you a hardcore football question? Your opinion on about a hardcore football question? Of course, you tweeted something last night like, Hey, we finally got to see what Drake made would look like behind the Vikings offensive line. Yes, because he got smoked all last night and panicked. Did the postseason change in your opinion about the future of Drake May's career. It's a good question.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, sausage.
Speaker 2: So I think one of the things that we saw and I don't think this is his fault at all.
Speaker 1: It's a team game. You gotta be lucky.
Speaker 2: But like their regular season was super easy, and then in the playoffs they played against a team didn't the Texans quarterback, They're like six interceptions. Then they played a backup quarterback on the road in Denver, and then they played a really good team and got absolutely pummeled. I think that offensive line needs a lot of change. I think Bradbury decided last I need to play his worst game.
Speaker 1: Their rookie right guard. You, guys, Garrett, what are you doing tonight? Going to bring it or not? What? Why do you make that choice. I don't know. It felt like it. Dude.
Speaker 3: No, I've given all I had all year. I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, can't you do it one more time?
Speaker 3: Nope, I've made my decision. You just want to go home play the game. I'm gonna not play well. Just decided made a decision. Somebody said I had to make a decisions. I made a decision, all.
Speaker 1: Right, So he decided to play poorly. Yep.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Their rookie left guard did not play well, and their rookie left tackle is as everybody has just stated, he's going to be moved into guard, the short arm bit that everybody talked about.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Caught up to him to answer your question, I don't know, because he can make some throws.
Speaker 1: Man, when he gets protected, he's really good. Uh. No, it did not.
Speaker 3: Do you think he woke up this morning and said, I wish I hadn't said before the game, my worst game today. I wish I hadn't decided that. I talked to my teammates and they're pissed. I didn't know they were gonna be pissed.
Speaker 1: But he woke up this morning going, man, I'm pissed. The games not today because today, I feel like playing my best.
Speaker 3: Definitely would have played my better game.
Speaker 1: Today, But yesterday I just like, oh god, we traveled all the way across the country. I want to watch Green Day and Bad Bunny. I don't really want to play the game. I'm not playing today. I'm gonna read Sauce with today.
Speaker 6: Yeah, great book, counterpoint. Though, he woke up today with a clear conscience. You know why. He is a man of his worst. Yes, he stuck his boundary, said he was gonna play his.
Speaker 1: Worst, and damn it, he played his worst.
Speaker 3: I can't believe he did it, but he did.
Speaker 1: He sure did.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why. He's a man of principles.
Speaker 6: A lot of people say they're gonna play their best and then they play their worst.
Speaker 1: And I don't want that. Let everybody know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're gonna let be if you're gonna let me down, tell me you're gonna let me know.
Speaker 3: I'm surprised he took the time to text you, Sauce, that he decided to play his worst game.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't believe he texted me either. I didn't know who the number was from, Sauce.
Speaker 1: We just stretched one of your comments into a three minute, bitch, that was great, And all you said was el Garrett Bradbury decided to play his worst game, That's all you said. Then we dragged that out for three minutes.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing out of it. If you guys have noticed, I decided to do my worst show today.
Speaker 1: Sauce, when are you going to decide to do your best show?
Speaker 3: What the hell's going on with you?
Speaker 1: I'll let you know we're probably ways away from that.
Speaker 3: I can't believe you decided that one day to knock up your wife.
Speaker 1: Well I'm glad I did because my son's the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but what about that one day you decided to fall off your porch and break your ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah? I got lucky that I didn't hit my face. What about that one day you decided to have kel naked in the hotel room so haw could take a peek before the wedd Yeah? What about the one day I decided to get a direction? God?
Speaker 2: Like I said when that happened, that's the price you pay to share a.
Speaker 1: Sweet with hockey.
Speaker 2: Normally you as to your dude wife or its naked. But how can I lay in a sex swing once and he's sweet?
Speaker 1: Remember that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Those two things backwards?
Speaker 1: We did, though, we sure did. Yeah, then you ate cake in the bathtub? Sure did?
Speaker 3: Different trip, same thing.
Speaker 1: Yep, probably same sweet Then you looked at him in the bathtub and open the door and just Zach? Which Jonas brother did the cake by the ocean bit? I think that was Jill Joe. It was sure as hell wasn't Kevin? Which one do you not know? Sure as hell wasn't Kevin?
Speaker 5: Kevin?
Speaker 1: What did Kevin do? He's dead from the neck for Kevin?
Speaker 5: He know you?
Speaker 3: Do you hate him?
Speaker 1: Why do you feel bad for him? Because he decided to be the worst Jonas brother? Yeah, it was his choice. He woke up and said, I'm gonna be what's your favorite one? Oh? Neck comans what if he's hung like a wolfhound? Yeah? And if he is, Zach, could you explain to me what a wolfhound is and how hung they are? Yeah, because I don't know if that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, what what if his other two guys are micro penis guys? And poor Kevin was given that head? But it just a wolf house?
Speaker 1: Do you know what Kevin was doing? Man, you're not kidding.
Speaker 3: Some supernatural thing, says Bo Derek there, No, I'm ideous.
Speaker 1: Well you made that choice. Yep. What really matters is next Ben Leber can break down the Super Bowl for us at the men a middle of the next segment as well.
Speaker 9: This is the Powership Morning show on the fan. All right, here we are, ladies and gentlemen. It is the Neads Zone. Football season's officially over, Ladies and gentlemen, it's over.
Speaker 3: And Sauce has already done his first mock draft and be breaking that down force a little bit later. Yeah, man, he has us taking a long snapper with our first round pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, superstar junior. That sounds like a video game or something. You could get a Carls Jr.
Speaker 1: Sure, let's do what really matters, scores and stats around the world. This poison in between crys will change your life for something else. And it's brought to you by oh Bo, Lacy and Lens Go get Lasik from the Legends of Lasik, doctor Mark altman Off and doctor David Whiteing Ovo Lasik and Lens Thanks Ovo. Yeah, Hey, shout out to our friend Taylor Heisi. Over the weekend, the US women's hockey team continues to dominate a couple of wins in the last handful of days and Taylor put one on the board against was that Finland? I think it was against Finland, right, second game? Yeah, because I don't think she scored against the Czech Republic. I was Finland, I think, yeah, finn I get my games right. Yes, you were correct. So shout out to Taylor, shout out to Team USA. Play right. Sure.
Speaker 6: I kind of just waiting until Canada. Honestly, I had nothing. I mean blame Canada. This is uh, it's a two horse race in that. Yeah, they played today, they play Switzerman.
Speaker 1: Uh, they were at Santa Anita, so they I won money. Kiss it.
Speaker 3: The Rosie's marching for him today.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Well he's not gonna let his horses burn to the ground. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: See I can't help myself because he said I was never mad at you. I don't know what you're talking about. So now I have to make him mad at me.
Speaker 1: Anyway. You bet that his podcast would fire.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I don't think any podcasts are ever going to work.
Speaker 1: This is still going?
Speaker 3: Is ours?
Speaker 5: Is not?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Not our after party? No? It just had like a million downloads a month. It was no big deal.
Speaker 2: Why whatever happened to that, God, whatever happened to see in the numbers.
Speaker 3: That's a good day to grab a slice of pizza. Today is National Pizza Day. I don't know about you, guys, but somebody around here probably has a pizza indor some dealing.
Speaker 2: I'd like one, all right, I'll make one. Seventh Avenue Pizza the best.
Speaker 3: Celebrating one of the most popular foods in the United States, Several pizza joints from coast to coast are offering specials that includes Pizza Hut with a free heart shaped pizza for joining the rewards program. Check your local or choke your local payos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go to Pizza Hut and choke your local.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What'd be weird if I would be weird?
Speaker 3: You guys be like Hawk's dead. But here's the thing, ironic.
Speaker 1: He died on National Pizza He said.
Speaker 3: You misspoke and said choke on pizza, and then he did.
Speaker 1: That's sad. I don't want him. It's like when we brought up Katherine O'Hara and then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Captain O'Hara, Yeah survived.
Speaker 1: We talked about him a lot last week. He's still with us. That's good. As far as we know, Partship's not the kiss of death. We just it just happened. Once we mentioned the best in show. We mentioned Catherine our hair, and then yep, she was dead, like three hours later. Not our fault.
Speaker 3: Rosie sat there and watched me choke on pizza and he said.
Speaker 1: That was hard to watch. Yeah, you could have helped me.
Speaker 2: And then he reached in and grabbed money out of your pocket his long fingers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, magic fingers. He told us that in Vegas, magic fingers did. Oh sure, I'm sure did sauce Be's best mast Pizza go Seventh Avenue Pizza. That was a test? You passed pizza? I was waiting for mil Do people even eat pizza anymore? Why do people even celebrate? Is that still a thing?
Speaker 2: I got that texted to me about eight times this week. I wonder why I'm not smart, But I apologize to the Cheerios.
Speaker 1: And milk and Kemp's milk. Give me your top three pizza flavor. Sauceco sausage.
Speaker 3: Just playing sausage, Yeah really yeahsage.
Speaker 2: Sausage pepperoni is a good combo. And then I'll lead about any vegetable on a pizza except for like Green Peppers.
Speaker 1: I don't really like green peppers. I agree, Thanks Tom Shane. But yeah, will you be celebrating National Pizza to Day? Yeah, last night, So check this out.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about my stories, right, amazing hot plots, damn it, my neck.
Speaker 1: I get the first time a couple of weeks ago he played that, and he caught you off guard when you laughed really hard. There's no way you think it's that funny. Still first possible. I could laugh at whatever. I will definitely can't. I just don't. There's no way hit it, hit it again, Chris, Let's see if it works.
Speaker 3: Amazing hot loots. I'm just trying to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Max. So I just love how Hawk broke it down. He doesn't say like amazing hot rock like, he doesn't t it sound like, doesn't sound like he's talking about the cars.
Speaker 1: He just sounds like he's talking about it.
Speaker 3: Amazing hot rods, amazing hot rods.
Speaker 2: Correct, but he says amazing hot rods.
Speaker 1: So good.
Speaker 8: I said it all weekend, amazing hot rot What if Kel files for divorce irreconcilable differences and then like during mediation she has to say he wouldn't stop saying amazing hot rods, and he wouldn't stop playing imaginary bass.
Speaker 3: And it was false advertising, by the way, because he does not have an amazing hot.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have a bass guitar. He pretends a lot. Anyway, what we were saying, So you were saying amazing hot rods all weekend. Yeah, so.
Speaker 2: I'm not smart, right, I do things like dumb and then like I don't have any patients, so like I'm not the best cook. So yes, correct, So Friday, Thursday or Friday.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter which is it. I think it was Thursday.
Speaker 2: I was at Costco with my son and they had like pre made, pre seasoned all you can handle ribs, R.
Speaker 1: B B W who Costco?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like all season and everything Costco meets outstanding. That's what I've been told Crystal talks about. I think he gets it from it doesn't matter. I can handle, my God, I really.
Speaker 3: Have all I can handle right now.
Speaker 1: Linday and Vaughan got out the easy way. She didn't have to listen to this. She might be podcasting, doubt. Would you be okay with that helicopter?
Speaker 3: Now, chopper me on, somebody, here's the mash theme. As I'm being chopper.
Speaker 1: Now you have to finish. Normally, i'd say wrap this terrible story up, but now I have to know where it's going be summarized. Where we are.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna turn my chair to say.
Speaker 1: So, let me catch up everybody, Zach if somebody just tuned in, So Thursday or Friday, you're at Costco with Lou and they're offering ribs. That is as much as anyone can handle.
Speaker 2: So it's prepackaged, all pre seasoned, all ready to go.
Speaker 1: You just gotta cook it, cut it up and heat it to start over for Ben so we can catch up. Hey, Hi, been so how long you got?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 5: Ben?
Speaker 1: All right, start over so I can hear the story.
Speaker 2: I'm great, it's good to see you, Ben. It's a new week. I'm trying to be nice to Ben. I was meaning to him last week. Are you leaving?
Speaker 1: All right? Catch him up? Did he just like he's worrying about the stranger. The way he got up was like gosh.
Speaker 3: And lost.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Thursday or Friday, I was at Costco. I got ribs. You know, they seizing them all. You can handle that whole bit. So I'm like we're gonna make these for the super Bowl. This, this is going to be great. Well, I don't have a I don't have what most people would call a smoker grill. So I'm like, you know what, I'll cut them up smaller sizes and I'll crack bottom.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll be find that way. They weren't. They were terrible.
Speaker 2: I screwed it up somehow, and at like five thirty after I told everybody they'd be ready at four, they just wouldn't get to temperature. Bob's sitting on my couch goes, well, they'd get to temperature if you didn't look at them every five minutes by taking the top of it off. So, long story short, we made a couple of Seventh Avenue pizzas that I always have on hand.
Speaker 1: So I screwed it up horribly. I screw them away.
Speaker 3: You asked, we have no interest in what's going on with you?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Casah, what a story, Mark, Thank you. I thought it was riveting. Thanks mag So. There was a lot of twist of at your mouth. I like the first half of the super Bowl better than that story. Wow, that's sad for me.
Speaker 3: Lindsay Vaughan would rather go back to the top of the hill.
Speaker 1: That story again, that story's not that bad.
Speaker 10: She'd rather still be in that helicopter basket. Helicopter basket. Oh sorry, Mount picked the helicopter basket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, about a week ago. I felt really bad for Catherine O'Hara. But wow, but she didn't have to listen to that story. Geez, Becky, is it my attorney your turn? I don't even know what we're doing. I think that all started from National Pizza Day, so I think that was you.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 1: Super Bowl sixty Ben goes the way of the Seahawks twenty nine to thirteen over the Patriots. Kenneth Walker, the third year MVP. Yeah, I agree with all you guys. It was boring.
Speaker 10: As much as I was, I was like expecting this as I as saw she mentioned earlier that I thought the Seahawks are going to win by ten. They won by ten more and more, and it just wasn't even all that competitive. I mean, I agree with I agree with Collinsworth that it was a great defensive game and it really was sort of fun for moments to watch. You know where these blitzes came from, how they disguised everything. But I was very disappointed in the Patriots had zero answer. They played a very vanilla, just basic offense, didn't really try to do much. They didn't want to put anybody at risk. It seemed like they were protecting Drake May and not running with him more often, which I thought was interesting. I mean, he led the league, what the second most rushing yards by a quarterback or something like that, and they barely ran them. So it's like, you have these you have these weapons, you have this stuff laid all out on the line for the last game of the season, and I just felt like they're holding back a little bit.
Speaker 1: I thought the pregame was interesting with Kyle Shanahan and Fred Warner. Right, there's two Niners and they're asking for their opinions and then their predictions, and Shanahan was like, I don't know why you're asking me for my opinion, Like I couldn't figure this team out, like basically saying, like, the Seahawks owned us the last two times we played him, so like I could tell you what the Patriots should be doing, but maybe I'm not the right guy to ask. I'm like, that's kind of a cool admission of like, yeah, this team smoked us, and then when he actually was making the prediction, maybe you saw it, he was like, I didn't, I did not see it. He basically was like, I hate this because there are arrivals, but just Seahawks are winning this game. And then they go over to Fred Warner and Fred was like, I ain't picking the Seahawks, I'm picking the Patriots, Like basically, can't do it. I'm not picking a division rival. But Kyle Shanahan or was it basically like, if you're going to have me be an analyst, I'm going to be an analyst, And yeah, Seahawks are winning game. But I just I thought it was interesting that even Kyle was like, I don't even know what to tell you to figure out this defense. That's a head coach, one of the best head coaches in the league saying this defense is is a handful. I don't know what to what to tell you.
Speaker 10: That's that's given Mike McDonald's so many props right there, Like the fact that you have you've seen them twice now they're in your division, you've seen them obviously more than just this year, but like you had all off season to scout these guys and you're still now. Obviously I think that he he's holding back for sure. I mean, I don't think he's being completely honest. I think they have an idea of what they're trying to do. It's just that they're going to out their defense is going to out as execute whatever you think is going to fix the problem, whatever you're going to put in front of them. And so I thought it was rather boring. I thought most of the commercials lacked personality, and you know, I know that I don't know why this is controversial, but I.
Speaker 1: Thought the halftime show is the best part of the whole day. I thought it was entertaining.
Speaker 10: So you know, it's I'm glad that that Seattle won on so many storylines that we can talk about with Sam Darnold and all this other stuff. And there's a lot of Minnesota connections on that team. But hey, we could have our new GM coming from John Schneider's tree. So a lot of things to kind of look at as we look forward for the for the Vikings offseason.
Speaker 1: But rather large, rather.
Speaker 10: You know, pretty pretty disappointing super Bowl, but that's how they go sometimes.
Speaker 3: I may I say it's something that might be controversial saying I was there. There was no charisma at all from the television crew. And I'm not talking about just Tarico and Consworth, but like the the studio crew, you know what I'm talking about. Yeah, I'm so used to like the Fox guys and everybody like and and somebody screaming at the television and being a lot of energy and here's what's going on and here's what we got to do. I just I felt like that entire broadcast was exactly what the game was.
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 10: Just yeah, that's that's a great point because I kind of felt that. And so in all seriousness though, like I had just gotten back from Bimidge an hour before because we were at Wells's hockey tournament, and so I was scrambling around. I had to go to the grocery store twice just to get some stuff that we could have for Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Not go to Jerry's Sante Costco to get done all you can handle ribs. Oh, but you got that on what Thursday or Friday or yesterday one of the two days.
Speaker 10: So I didn't see a lot of the pregame stuff. But I do think that in general, CBS and NBC just don't have a lot of charisma, Like they're very they're very professional.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, you know, and it's like, that's great.
Speaker 10: I'm glad that you guys are all hitting your marks and everybody's like looking great and you know, everybody's super smooth, and it's like, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: But this is football.
Speaker 10: It can be it can be a little more loose, it can be a little more fun, it can be a little more g and I that's a great take. I think that that it didn't feel like the biggest game of the year.
Speaker 3: There was no charism at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was there.
Speaker 3: There was no excitement around the broadcast.
Speaker 1: You see the preim where Maria Taylor and Mike McDonald had an interview. Apparently they both went to the same high school. They like they knew each other in high school really really yeah, crazy, weird. No, it was kind of cool though, Like, no, it's not in Indiana high school where you went for like seven straight years? No, super cool. Was it like Roswell Georgia or something like that. I don't remember the school, but yeah.
Speaker 10: And I feel like there's a there's another there's a former Viking that went to I'll have to think about this, there was another. I think it was a quarterback. Who's the Who's the Dan quarterback that went to Old Dominion That Oh, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like he was from like Roswell George that the guy that kicked in the door.
Speaker 10: Yea, no kidding anyway, But I think there was another like Vikings connection to that high school.
Speaker 1: More with Ben leeber More breaking down of a Super Bowl sixty and everything surrounding Super Bowl sixty After this, this is the Power Troop, won't you show on the fan? Join Meat Sauce and Miller Lights at two oh one Tavern and a Grill in a nooka this Thursday from five to seven stop buy for drink specials, games and to register for a chance to win a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf trimming at the full details at KFE dot com Here golf is double Nichols gonna be their sauce. No, that's Maynards on Wednesday, you.
Speaker 3: Know Wednesday, anthy you're like on tour. Yeah yeah, okay, you're something else. You're getting out, get it done.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Here's something else you really iron impressed.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. I'm not that impressive. No, but my thanks to you guys.
Speaker 3: Ben Lee here he travels all over the country watching hockey games. Yeah, that's what you do.
Speaker 1: Not all over the country, all over the state. But was fun.
Speaker 10: It was a long ways away. It was surprisingly a super easy drive. Oh yeah it is. Yeah, go through Walker. We did on the way back. We didn't on the way up for some reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just followed the maps. It's probably faster, yeah, I don't know. Good times.
Speaker 10: You know, these these little these little munchkins love it, they love these little these weekends away with the with the team, the best, the.
Speaker 1: Hotel, the pool, the hot tub, the hockey. Then we couldn't do that, I know they always say you can't, but you still still do it, you know they.
Speaker 10: I mean they could do it in their rooms. They'd like move like some of the stuff around, everything around. They couldn't do it in the lobby. They couldn't do it in the hallway.
Speaker 6: There's the hotel I think in Worrow that has a room specifically designated forne hockey.
Speaker 1: I think you're correct.
Speaker 3: Play hockey.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, little tiny sticks and then you just oh my god, it's the best, the best, the companies. Well, it's like Bower and all the big companies. But the amount of money they make on this, these hockey sticks is insane.
Speaker 10: I mean, my kid has I don't know over the years twelve, thirteen to four, I don't know how many like knee hockey sticks are laying around the house everywhere everywhere.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, criminal quite the business.
Speaker 3: Good for them.
Speaker 1: You will have knee hockey sticks, of course, how often you break them out having a long time? Well, today's today, buddy, Yeah, you got two knees. How often do you get on your knees and walk balls around anymore? Good questions to the question, like when that hot bag of lays shows up today, what are you gonna do? Fresh bag? Yeah, might still be hot the freshest of it. Let's do more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, and in between, Chris will still change your life. Is something else that's right, that's non sports related, That's right? According to multiple sources, I'll read this straight from ESPN and Adam Schefter. Despite continued speculation, the San Francisco forty nine ers have no plans to trade quarterback Mac Jones this offseason and fully intend to bring him back as brock Party's backup against sources told the ESPN's Adam Schefter, so Ben out of all the options, right, Kirk Cousins popped up over the weekend. A lot of people think Cousins might be headed back to Minnesota when he gets released by the Falcons. But the other name that was hot the last couple of months was mac Jones because he played pretty well when brock Party missed like six or eight weeks. So you'd have to trade for him because he's still under contract with the Niners. But the Niners are saying we're not moving mac Jones. He is our backup. Sure.
Speaker 10: I mean it's all posturing, you know. I think everybody's tradable at some point in time. I mean outside of like actually brock Party. But no, it's all disleverage. It's a leverage game at this point. So they're going to act like no, no, no, he's going to be on the team, and they're like, unless you get like such a great offer and then we'll consider it. So I don't believe them in saying that he's not moveable. It makes sense why they'd want to keep him just because of brock Party's injury history. But The other name that popped up along with Kirk Cousins was Derek Carr. Derek Carr says, now that he's sat out with his shoulder surgery, he's fully healed. He's got an itch to get back in the league. I don't I don't know where he's at an age wise, probably what thirty five, thirty six years old or something like that, you know, So there's another salty vet that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Thirty four, thirty four. We'll be thirty five in March, so he would be thirty five to start next year.
Speaker 10: So you know, do you want to bring in one of these guys to come in and see if he can compete as possible? You know, I think it's I think it's better than like trying to get in a bidding war for mac Jones. So I think your two best options right now are possibly Kirk Cousins to come back to Minnesota, or you kick around the tires a guy like Derek Carr.
Speaker 3: What really matters is this, I guess I don't mind the Derek Carr angle.
Speaker 1: No I don't either. I mean, you talk about it.
Speaker 10: He's a he's a great human being, he's he's he can get the ball down the field.
Speaker 1: He's going to be thirty five coming up in marchin ain't either, No, compared to old. The thing is like, you do you know he's been banged up.
Speaker 10: I mean, he walked away from the game because of injuries, and so you really have to make sure that he is healthy and and you don't you know, I don't know where his arm strength is at now versus sort of in his prime. So we know that we that Koc likes to get the ball down the field. So can he do that on a consistent basis?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I still think Kirk is probably number one, and then a guy like Derek Carr number two.
Speaker 3: Awesome, ladies and gentlemen. It was on this date in what year do you believe daylight savings time was instituted?
Speaker 1: Oh? Good question, thank you? What year? What year's coming up? Right?
Speaker 6: It was Teddy Roosevelt who did it, right, So that would have been early late eighteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: I wanna say nineteen seventy three. I'm gonna say I have been early nineteen hundreds. It was Teddy was probably seems like a dust bowl era thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nineteen twenty nine, nineteen oh four, I'm gonna go thirty three, nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 3: Nineteen forty two, forty two.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, Roosevelt. It was in nineteen forty two, a game on Nintendo.
Speaker 3: It was the wrong Roosevelt.
Speaker 1: I think. So it was like a Which year was it. I think it was nineteen forty I think it was like a fighter pilot game. Yeah, you're right, yeah it was. Yeah. I think it was Arcade too.
Speaker 11: I remember this game. Yeah, that was actually a fun game, right, Yeah, it's pretty sick. It was like Galaga, but not in space.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Night saving time, suggested by President Roosevelt, was imposed to conserve fuel and could be traced back to World War One, when Congress imposed one standard time on the United States to enable the country to better utilize resources.
Speaker 1: How many so that you just said the wrong Roosevelt?
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: How many states don't do it? It's like, isn't Utah, Arizona? Does Indiana do it? Why do I think that they don't either?
Speaker 3: Okay, we used to. I think there was a time we did not, Okay, but I think we do now. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: Hawaii doesn't either. They don't give it up. I'll tell you about.
Speaker 2: This computer is Hawaii, most of Arizona and territories.
Speaker 1: Of uh well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: This computer keeps s glitching out Hawaii, Arizona, that's it. The territories of what American Samoa, Samoa, Guam, Northern Islands, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands do not observe daylight.
Speaker 1: It's time. Mhmm. Sorry, this computer sucks, so your iPad in man. That's a good point.
Speaker 3: You should bring your iPad in man. Look at porn? What what am I? Mister fun?
Speaker 10: Does the computer suck because of all the construction or is it just because of the the bad computer?
Speaker 1: This has just been.
Speaker 3: It is weird, though. You're getting worse fragged but I don't even know if you de fragged computers anymore?
Speaker 1: Do you? Back in the day, I played Microsoft co pilot to make decisions for us. That's what we need.
Speaker 10: I'm surprised you hadn't seen that commercial before. Not that's been off for weeks. I don't watch nearly as much TV as AD thinks that I do. I watch a lot of poker, and then I watched Twin Cities Live and that's about it.
Speaker 1: Do you have an iPad and finally Night of the Seven Kingdoms was finally freaking worth watching. Let's go now, now we got something. Episode four was easily the best of the four, but first thirty minutes long? Man it last night? Did you watch it last night?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: It came out. They released it like on Friday because they didn't want it to go against the Super Bowl, so they put it out Thursday or Friday. It was like to say, I don't remember what day I went to Costco, and I don't remember what day I watched Thrones? Did you get all you can handle ribs?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Oh that's your problem. I got a lot of problems. No you don't. Oh that was very nice. You don't have many thanks, you're welcome. Man, whose turn is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know what just happened?
Speaker 1: Yours? Because he brought up Daylight saving. Oh yeah, that's right. The Los Angeles Clippers of Anaheim beat the Timberwolves one fifteen to ninety six. Yuck. That's not good. Wolves couldn't shoot threes worth of damn. They were eight of thirty three, including one of eight for Aunt. He had twenty three points, but the Wolves fall to thirty two and twenty two What really matters is this, Get that right?
Speaker 3: The US Embassy in Turkey has the unique distinction of being the first and only US diplomatic premises to have been won in a poker game.
Speaker 1: Mm, we won the embassy and a poker Who's responsible? James Bond?
Speaker 3: Both of them are right. They were a tag team.
Speaker 1: By the way, you take a piece. One of the worst scenes in the history of poker in film is did Hawk Part? What happened over there? I don't know, Uh Casino. I think it's Casino Royale. Daniel Craig's playing poker against uh, the one bad guy whatever. I forget the guy's name. I think it's Casino Royal, Dusty and Arnold. And as everybody's exposing their hand, the dealer is just moving the cards of the on the board around to show everybody that's watching the movie like this is a straight you don't touch the board, are mixing cards with It's like the this is multi million dollar hand and they somehow have the worst dealer on the planet. It's the first day. It's unbelievable, Like every poker player in the world is going, don't touch the board, your son of a bitch. What are you doing. I like that movie before I knew how poker worked. Yeah, that scene is ridiculous. It's like, I'm watching it right now. It's so dumb.
Speaker 2: You're watching the movie even though it's like eight bit because this computers.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 10: That's how I feel sometimes about some of these football movies.
Speaker 1: I'll be watching. I'm like, no, that would never happen. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 3: I get the same thing when I'm watching pornography. I'm like, no way that fits there.
Speaker 1: Back your hands up with rivalry, Yeah, yeah, I mean the hockey scenes are never put his puck there? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is he playing knee hockey?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Boy, they did that. You were telling me the same thing about the movie Heavyweights, that there's no way that's how camp works. You're talking about Mike Tyson's commercial. I could have been in that. Did any commercial of any kind stand out to you? Did you like any of them at all?
Speaker 10: The Duncan one was entertaining just because of all the stars that were in it.
Speaker 1: Nostalgia for sure. Yeah, it was cool, of course.
Speaker 10: The Budweiser one, you know, I think the CGI was so bad though, with the little baby hawk or eagle.
Speaker 1: That was the only thing I didn't like about that.
Speaker 10: I was like, wow, with all this money, like you couldn't have just have a better cgi to make it look a little bit more realistic.
Speaker 11: Like the era of the like you know, notable super Bowl commercials is over.
Speaker 1: I think it's been a few years now. Yeah, I think it's officially dead.
Speaker 10: I think that we can officially say that watching the Super Bowl commercials is no longer part of the the aura of watching the super Bowl. They're just not creative. They're not creative, they're not entertaining. There's no personality to him.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't care that you have to spend what eight million dollars for thirty seconds, like hire a good marketing team.
Speaker 1: That will be a common man liner by the end of today.
Speaker 3: I do want to say this, By the way, you can't call someone a streaker if they're not naked.
Speaker 1: No, he was shirtless.
Speaker 3: He was just shirtless. Yeah, that's not a streaker.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I'm sick of people going halfway.
Speaker 1: Amen, brother, wow, yeah, go full frontal or our time.
Speaker 10: Show that Schlong mislabeled a streaker. Mean super pissed about it.
Speaker 3: Everybody's like they call him a streaker.
Speaker 1: I'm like the guy nude, remember the guy from a handful of years ago that bets on himself, that bet that there would be a streaker, and then they found out that he had placed a large amount of money on the fact that somebody was going to streak at the game.
Speaker 11: I was just I was just thinking about that because that was one of the things on.
Speaker 1: Polymarket or whatever.
Speaker 11: It was like, is there going to be a I don't think it specifically said streaker, but it said something like is there going to be an invader on this on.
Speaker 1: The field or something like that. So he might have ben this might be the same case. Then he may see what he actually like put all over his body. No, he had something written, was he there?
Speaker 3: Like it was something like, uh, get the full stack of ribs at Costco?
Speaker 1: Yeah, all you can handle bras and all you can handle bra Yeah that's what you need. Well I walked right into that. No I didn't. I didn't get you. Yeah. Usually usually you dive into it or fall into it. Yeah yeah, oh yeah, your next still not one hundred percent, You're still turning.
Speaker 2: So holy cow was on Saturday morning. I woke up and I supped completely on my back great story. And I said to my I can't move. I think I'm crippled. I think it's over because my neck hurts so bad. It was terrible, God living with you.
Speaker 1: I mean, does Kelly have Venmo? Yeah? Yeah. I just want to give her money, Yeah, I mean, I just I feel like donating to a good cause today. She needs financial help or at least a reward.
Speaker 3: Wasting ribs because you're boiling them or something. I don't even know what the hell you're doing. It's like the Old West.
Speaker 1: In your house. I'm not smart, man.
Speaker 3: You're wasting buffalo meat.
Speaker 1: I'm so mad. I don't know. Don't forget he told us this, this is true, that I'm not making this up. Imagine Kell being like Paul enough and like they're on the brink of a fight, and Paul starts playing imaginary bass to calm her down. I just want to make people laugh. But then she gets mad because that's how you try to end every fight by breaking out the bass. Well, now it's Paul, could you amazing hot rocks?
Speaker 3: You forget the are not with us?
Speaker 1: Collapse in my beats guitar every time.
Speaker 3: I don't do but I'm not a.
Speaker 1: The news is next. This is the Powertray Morning Show on the fin