Speaker 1: It's Marcus in the morning, and we are doing second date update. Basically, you go on a first date. If you get ghosted, you call me first, and then we call your date together and see what's up.
Speaker 2: Evan knows the assignment. Evan, are you there.
Speaker 1: I'm here, Hey, dude, I want to talk about Marisol, obviously, tell me about Yeah, tell me about your date.
Speaker 3: Sure, I thought Marathon and I had a really great date. It was in downtown on that creek. We met at a like a you know, like a little small cozy curry spots near Broadway Plaza.
Speaker 2: Okay, and I was worried.
Speaker 3: Might be aggressive for a first date, but like, we both love it and we love spicy food. So you know, we're laughing, and she starts laughing because the restaurant gives everyone these DIBs to wear. Okay, Well, she didn't the curry, and she was joking that she felt like she was about to use the lobster. And you know, but it was great, and Marisol was really funny. She was curious. She was asking me a lot of questions about my job. I restore the chitch motorcycles.
Speaker 2: Man that is very specialized.
Speaker 3: Niche. Yeah, and at one point, she even pulled out her phone and she showed me pictures of the scooter that she used to ride around in college. So we were laughing about.
Speaker 2: That, and it's basically a motorcycle, right.
Speaker 3: Hyeah, sure, I love it. But we're teasing each other and the conversation just never stalled. And then about halfway through, she excused herself to go to the bathroom, and she came back and then something shifted. I don't know what it was. She was quiet, finished her food pretty quickly, and she started glancing all the time at her phone, and then the date was done pretty much soon after that, and we hugged outside and everything just felt different. I texted her the next day. Yeah, I said, I had fought and suggested that we maybe try to hit up the night market in the city the following weekend. And I never heard back total Radsylon.
Speaker 2: So we have a big clue here.
Speaker 1: So something happened during after before directly before the bathroom break.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's call her and find out. Maybe she can give us a clue. So, as you know, I'll have you mute your phone you can listen in and we'll give her a shout and see I'd love to get you a second day, but let's get some answers.
Speaker 3: Fair, okay, fingers crossed?
Speaker 1: All right, let's try to figure this out. Go ahead and mute your phone. I'm gonna give her a call right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, Hello, Hi, is this Marisol.
Speaker 5: May? Ask who's calling?
Speaker 2: It's It's Marcus calling from Star one oh one three.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: Do you listen to the show in the morning by chance?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's fine.
Speaker 1: We do a segment on the show called Second Date Update, and it's about kind of a dating segment. We're trying to bring people back together after maybe a potential misunderstanding. I understand you've been on a date recently that gentleman's feeling ghosted. I'm wondering if we can talk about your date with Evan. Do you have a moment to be on the radio? Sure, okay, I'm just trying to figure out did you ghost on Evan?
Speaker 2: And if so, what did he do wrong?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I did. I didn't feel I don't know. The vibes were definitely there. I definitely had a good time on the date.
Speaker 1: But if I may according to him, everything was cool.
Speaker 2: And then I guess he like went to the bathroom and his mind.
Speaker 1: I don't know if this is in his head, but he's thinking the vibe changed after you got back from the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Did that happen?
Speaker 5: Yes, that's that's true.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: I came back from the bathroom and I was walking up to the table and I saw him on his phone looking down and smiling. And as soon as he's looked up and saw me, he like quickly put his phone away. I mean, I don't know about you, but like he had to be texting another girl. He was smiling. He was surprised when I came up and he had to quickly put it away, like that's hiding something, right.
Speaker 2: But up until that point it was cool. Like is he a good guy? Did he seem like a good guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah? No, of course, yeah. I up until that point, I was having a good time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So part of this is I've got Evan listening right now.
Speaker 2: He's on the line. Evan, are you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, you left that part out. This could have been a lot shorter phone call. Tell me you weren't on another dating app or something.
Speaker 3: No, So that's so funny. So while she was in the bathroom, my younger sister was texting me, and she was asking if the date was going well, and she'd been hyping me up all week because I haven't gone out on many dates lately. I was sending a message back to her saying she's great, don't jinx it, And right as I hit send, Marisol walked back to the table. So like, I flipped my phone over because I didn't want it to like seem rude that I'd been texting at all.
Speaker 5: Sure, so why didn't you just kind of say that, you know, if I sat down and you were like, hey, sorry about the phone thing. It's my sister. I don't know, Like it's not that I don't believe you, but it's just like I don't know. I kind of wish you had just communicated that with me.
Speaker 3: You know, you're right, and that was absolutely my bead. I should have said something. And meanwhile, like I'm sitting there like I didn't know why everything changed and why the energy dropped, So I thought I must have said something wrong.
Speaker 1: So is it really possible, Evan, that you panicked because she's so beautiful?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, look at me. I'm helping.
Speaker 5: I could have asked too if I was so worried about it. So, I mean, it's not all you.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I had a panic and I shouldn't have like, yeah, I shouldn't have pretended that I was hiding something.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you guys are cute. Can we please have another a second date? Marisol? Can we do this again? He really likes you and I really like you, guys. I don't have to be there.
Speaker 5: I yeah, I think clearing that up like has definitely helped and changed my mind. I'd love to do another date and you know, renew that excellent Marcel.
Speaker 3: Can you promise me that this time? If my sister texts me during the days, will you help me respond?
Speaker 5: Oh geez, yep, I think I can do that.
Speaker 2: I tell her you're having an amazing time. All right, we get to ring the cow bell of destiny. Hang on you, guys, I believe we want to.
Speaker 1: Magic has happened officially, all right, fantastic. I'm so excited for you guys. Hang on, you love birds. I want to way to end the week. Second date update