Speaker 1: But you l w Gary Jeff Walker sitting down checking in reporting for duty on this Tuesday night. How about that snow this morning. That'll test your metal and your driving skills, and people's driving skills were on full display during morning rush hour and really not that bad. It'll test the brush, the scraper brush in your back seat too, anyway. I mean, the toughest part of this is cleaning off your car. And please, when you clean off your car from the snow, get the mountain that's on top of your car too, so it doesn't pile into somebody else's windshield. On the interstate, we still see people driving around in these ig loose It's insane, not just your windows, the whole car. It takes a little bit longer, but it's damn well worth it. As we get into things tonight. What a mess in the state of Minnesota. It's been a mess for a long long time. The land of ten Thousand Lakes and at least a couple million idiots who keep on voting for people like Ilan Omar and Tim Walls. That scandal, the fraud scandal in Minnesota, that Tim tampon. Tim says he's grabbing by both horns and throwing people in jail. It's all happened under his watch, even with warnings from other lawmakers in that state that it was going on, and nothing was done. How about a billion dollars funding Somali terrorist Uh huh, that's what they're finding out. And even the Democrats are starting to jump on Governor Waltz now as well as the mainstream news because nobody wants him on that debate stage in twenty twenty eight. Can you imagine if that man had been elected vice president? On tonight show, we have Corin Clifford, who is an independent journalist works for SAT one two three, and we'll get her take on the Tim Waltz Minnesota scandal and everything else that's going on. On President Trump's new immigration halts, not just to nineteen countries, He's talked about expanding it and kicking some people out of the country who don't love our country, and we'll find out what she knows and thinks about that. Adam Hartage a former CIA operative who has a brand new book called The Alpha Blueprint, and it's about how to teach your kids in the next generation about AI and what is real and what really matters looking forward, to that, Dave Hatter with some tech talk before we're done, and the fur Ball Andy Furman. Plus at the top of next hour. We'll be repeating Saturday Mornings Rock and Roll Archaeology with myself and the music professor Jim Lebarber. For those who missed it, we can't podcast it because of the licensing rules for podcasts as opposed to our rules for broadcast. But if you didn't get it up at the crack of seven thirty five on Saturday, a chance to hear Rock and Roll Archaeology, the stories behind the great songs one more time tonight. The Nightcap continues in Moments with Adam Hartage here on seven hundred WLW, The Apple with Adam here on this show on seven hundred WLW. And Adam is a former CIAOP officer, and he has written a brand new book called The Alpha Blueprint, which is meant to teach the next generation how to cope with AI artificial intelligence because in many cases, I mean they are the generation of AI. They are the generation that has only known the social media and cell phones and connectivity like we never imagined when we were kids. And there are some daunting issues there obviously, and it's important for the next generation, your children, your grandchildren to understand what's real and what's fake. His name is Adam Hartage and he is back author of The Alpha Blueprint. Adam Hartige. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for having me back.
Speaker 3: Really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's let's talk about the book before we get into anything else. Adam, And we kind of kind of thumbnail covered it the last time you were on. But why do you feel like this is an important book for any parent to have in their possession and to have this information in dealing with the realities of the technology you today?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I appreciate the question, and I will put it this way. I think the conversation that parents need to be having with their kids today like before any others. Frankly, I think there's this conversation about AI and what it means for their future. So, I mean, I've got a ten year old daughter and I've got a seven year old son. You know, I looked at them one day and I thought, well, as a parent, what do I tell them in ten years? Do I say, Hey, kids, go to college, you know, get a four year degree, go work for a fortune. Five hundred company for thirty years and don't worry, your rop IRA and social Security will be there for you at the end of the day. You know, it occurred to me that that world is frankly dead and gone and buried. And you've now got companies that are replacing jobs with robots, and you've got companies that are shying away from humans in preference of AI tools, and these are going to be real major issues that this next generation and the Gen Z generation who's out there now, so there's years are the kids who are around twentieth year or so, and you know the alphas are you know, the age of my kids now the newborns call them the ten or so years old And uh, I mean it's I think that if a parent is not sitting down, you know, just hoping hoping that this that this passes em buyer, they think they can keep their head in the sand, you know, if they're not willing to sit down and have these very challenging conversations with their kids about like, Okay, what does the future look like for us as a family. You know, how am I going to teach my kids to to be able to stay relevant, stay solvent financially solvent, mentally.
Speaker 3: Healthy, and all these other things.
Speaker 2: So I looked at that and I said, well, I think I think the answers to these things, and I tend to view the world through a Christian lenz and so I said, I think the answers to these things kind of tend to go back to more timeless principles like faith, freedom, fitness, family, you know, foundational principles.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then one of the bigger things I harp on with my kids all the time is I tell them, you guys are growing up in a world where you cannot afford to be a liar. So not necessarily even because your dad doesn't want you to be a liar, or it's you know, you know wrong, or for moral reasons or whatever. I said, you cannot be a liar because people in your time, when your adults, will crave truth so much, because the world is completely you know, meant to pull the wool over their eyes and see them. I mean, if you look at everything now we have from you know, the competitive advertising, the government bureaucracies constantly lie too, I mean, endless conspiracy theories which all turn out to be true, you know. I mean, it's how do you discern truth, and how do you teach your children how to discern truth and understand fact from fiction? And so I, you know, to go into some of the some of the practical stuff. I'm hey, you know your dad was CIA. I can tell you what to look for. Here's what the lies, Here's what the mapulation, here's here's how you can tell when you're being targeted or deceived or manipulated. And so I go into some it's it's really a series of practical field guide type letters from a concerned father to his kids in the next generation, saying, you know, these are the things you're going to have to deal with. So let's get ahead of this now, because we can't just keep our head in the sand and expect it. You know, it's not going to become reality, because it's already here today.
Speaker 1: I think there is a growing skepticism among teenagers any way. A recent study by the News Literacy Project revealed that eighty four percent eighty four percent of American teenagers between the ages of thirteen and eighteen view the news media negatively describing it as fake and biased. So there are there are kids do have a radar about what's real and it's fake, but it's good to inform them to be vigilant, as you're doing in the Alpha Blueprint.
Speaker 4: Would you agree with that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And not only that, I mean, I'm I'm very hopeful or for this next for these next two generations, both the Ziers and the Alpha kids. I think they're strong. I think as a group, their ability to sniff out bs is better than really any group probably in history. Because like my kids, this was so telling. When my daughter was I don't know, three years old or whatever it was, and she walked up to the television and she started putting her fingers on it, trying to scroll scroll the TV, you know, And I'm thinking to myself, you know, we live out in the country. Our kids don't have a lot of technology, you know. They they have an iPad.
Speaker 3: Kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but but that's that's really about it. They spend a lot of time playing with their friends, playing outdoors, playing with the dog, you know, down at the lake, and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. But but I thought, wow, if even my daughter only three years old, already looks at the world and what she sees is the scrollable screen and she doesn't understand, you know, even even really how to speak very much yet at the age of three, but she knows technology. And so these kids are, you know, growing up on you know, their fluency level with technology is far beyond anything that that people our age, you know, can can speak to. But what they don't have necessarily is the moral fiber, the grit, the character, the worldly experience, the good compass and guideposts to send them, you know, in the right directions. And that's kind of what the book Little More focuses on, is how to build those kind of core foundational things in your children. So and a lot of it, you know, comes back to common sense, good parenting, you know, understanding your place in the world, and you know, as it relates to the almighty and high purpose here and turn into you know, some of the sort of more timeless, ancient principles that are all you know, encapsulated in the Big Book.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was, I was going to mention Adam that my wife and I at church this past Sunday. It's a couple of days ago. It was testimony Sunday, and one of the people that got up and talked was a local youth leader and he said and he's in schools with middle schoolers and high schoolers all the time, and he said, it's amazing how many kids are thirsty for the gospel, how many kids are going back to church, are interested in learning about Jesus and going to church. It it really is happening, not only locally, but all over the country free. And it's not just a reflex response to Charlie Kirk. It has been going on for a while. And you've got to be heartened about that, because when you want them to be able to distinguish between what is real and true and what's fake, there's a few better places to find that out than that absolutely.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, and they're so used to being manipulated and lied to by the media, buy social media. I mean, you know, it's like a good example is my business partner recently single was you know, met a girl on Instagram or whatever. They went on a date and afterwards she was like, man, He's like, I can't do this. He's like, because physically this person looks nothing like you know, the Instagram profile with all the filters and everything else, you know, And I'm like, yeah, I mean I get. That's just one small example, though, but when you're constantly, you know, when you constantly have that reality shoved at you, it makes it so that you can't really trust anything. And that's why I tell my kids, you know, you don't have the luxury of becoming a liar, because you need your kids, your your co cohorts, your colleagues. You know, as you grow up, will need to know that you are a person of character and backbone that they can turn to and rely on, because you guys aren't going to have much reality other than physical close human contact as your community.
Speaker 1: As an EXCIA operative Adam Hartage, what did you make of the six elected lawmakers, all with intelligence and military ties, telling troops that they can disobey a commander in chief's orders if they find that they are illegal. That, I mean, this is classics. See I am manipulation in other countries.
Speaker 6: Is it not?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: But well also it's so disingenuous, all of it, because so, I mean, these people aren't idiots, and so first of all, I found it reprehensible, I feeling it completely unprofessional.
Speaker 2: I found it, uh disgusting and you know, wrong. But I mean, these people aren't idiots, and so they use words like okay, you know, it's your duty to to uh, you know, to refuse an illegal order. Yeah, but then they kind of imply that Trump's already giving these illegal orders, and I'm like, well, what is the illegal order? This is why you have to unpack all these things. So because first off, any military officer or any government oath of office officer, so like I was a CIA operations officer, there is a federal you know, I take an oath of office for that. When I was a military officer, I took an oath of office for that. And anyone who is an officer in the government knows that they has not just the right, but a moral obligation and a duty to refuse unlawful illegal orders. Everybody knows that right. But what we're doing is so dishonest because they they say that, but they're trying to make it seem like Trump has already issued all of these illegal orders and they're going way outside of you know, Uniform Code of Military Justice or Title fifty year, Title ten or any of the other you know, legalistic stuff. But it's just bs and it's designed to manipulate you, pull the wall over your eyes and get you going. It's rage bait. It's designed to get people going Trump bad, Orange Man bad. You know, he's doing illegal things and constitutions under threat.
Speaker 3: All this other stuff.
Speaker 2: It's disingenuous, it's deceitful, and it's frankly reprehensible. I'm so tired of the Left constantly putting politics and party over duty and you know, the right. I'm just I'm sick of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 1: The book is The Alpha Blueprint, Preparing the Next Generation for an AI Future. The author is Adam Hardage, and I loved what you said. Is the first thing you tell your kids is make sure you're not a liar, because liars abound everywhere and you don't want to be known that way.
Speaker 4: Adam, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, No, no, I was just yeah, yeah, I mean that way. You keep your keep your keep your fund family, keep them close. You know, I'll always be honest. Leave from the front.
Speaker 1: So yeah, all right, pick up the book, The Alpha Blueprint. Adam, Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you so much. Having wonderful have a wonderful week.
Speaker 1: God bless all right, Uh, we'll switch gears and Danny was my second amendment friend will join us right afternoons, which is next on the Nightcap on seven under W l W. He is again first time after a long time, and it's been too long in my opinion, but that's probably my fault. Is the guy who has been shining a beacon of light on American freedom and liberty and the Second Amendment, the blessed Second Amendment of our United States Constitution in the Bill of Rights for over a decade. He is the author of the Good Gun, Bad Guy series of books.
Speaker 4: He is a.
Speaker 1: Former well a former non gun owner kind of guy who got hip to the truth and has been leading the charge for our freedom ever since.
Speaker 4: Dan was is back on the Nightcap.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Danny, Gary Jeff Hey, great, Great to be on your show as always and doing good.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 4: Great to have you back.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving Okay, everything go well with the family and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ate way too much and now this whole week it's nothing but salad.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I've gone that dramatically, you know, backwards in my diet since Thanksgiving, but I will tell you this, I did not want another bite to eat. We ate at noon and we didn't eat anything the rest of the day because dude, I was stuffed.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 1: So here we are, And I kind of ask you this every year. But if you've got somebody on your Christmas list first and foremost who was interested in being a first time gun owner, or you have a gun owner on your list, do you have any recommendations?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, this is a tough one because everybody is a little bit different. You know, when I started out, I started with an LCP three eighty, which was, in my opinion, not a good gun to carry if you're new to carry. There's there's the shield, and there's some other smaller, you know, compact nine milimeters guns that are usually pretty pretty good. But I hate to do a recommendation because you know, it depends on how you're gonna carry and carry in your waistband, you're gonna carry in your ankle, you're gonna carry in your purse. You know, a lot of things are different. So I would recommend go to your local gun shop.
Speaker 4: And just testing out handle them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean, check them out and see which ones you like and do you want a mechanical safety or not. You know, a lot of different variables, so it's hard to really make a recommendation. But there are a lot. I mean, there's no limit on the models out right now. It's just unbelievable. You have your your choice of all sorts of stuff. It's really a great time for handguns.
Speaker 1: I know that in your work with a Good Gunbadguy dot Com with amal Land that you do some writing for them and you do all kinds of stuff on video on YouTube.
Speaker 4: The Loaded Mic show, is that still going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're doing Loaded Mic every week. We're getting ready for a big Christmas special, which is a lot of fun. We bring in Charlie Cook and John Pech you know, good friends of ours also in the Second Amendment world, so they come down, they come up to our studio in New York and we have a blast. But Loaded Mike is still going. It's actually we just got on a new network called Spreely, the Spreely Network, which is bringing us tons and tons of new fans and viewers. So if you want, go to Loadedmike dot com.
Speaker 3: And check that out.
Speaker 2: But yeah, the show is great. We're having a blast with it.
Speaker 1: Good deal, good deal. Did you see the news story? I saw this somewhere on late night news and I thought it was a joke at first, but then I realized that we're dealing with a country that's barely a country anymore, England. This guy was on vacation in the United States, this brit and he was in Florida and he posted a picture on social media of him holding a rifle and he was arrested when he got back home for inspiring fear, for holding an illegal firearm. He wasn't even in country. He was in the United States. And did you hear about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 2: And you know what's interesting if you look at this conceptually or you know, ideologically, the Brits they are deadly afraid of their citizens having firearms because they remember what happened in the Revolutionary War. They tried, they tried to take control, but it was the people over here who decided, no, we're not going to let you do it, and we kicked their ass. And the reason we did it was because we had firearms. So they will do everything they can deter positive any positive, you know, thing about about firearms or guns or anything. So I'm not surprised that they did it. I mean, it's it is shocking on one level. It's like, how the heck are we, where do we? How do we do this? This is just so controlling and so but over there, I'm not surprised because they The worst thing that could happen to them right now, the government that is, is their people get power, because what's happening right now is are getting overloaded with it with Islam, yes, radical Islamist, and they're taking over and and they they desperately want their the citizens, the good people, to be disarmed so they can have more control over them.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's it's turning into a hell hole over there from what I can see, and it's just a it's a sad place when you can't defend yourself.
Speaker 1: It's that unfettered open border kind of mentality. Immigration that's been going on in the UK for quite some time now. You know, the mayor of London is is is Islamic and has you know, talked about Sharia law.
Speaker 4: Being the law of the land.
Speaker 1: And you have all these Islamis that are now have migrated and they want complete control over the population. And you know what, that's that's part of the disarmament move as you just mentioned. The other part of it is that they don't have apparently any kind of protection in their own law to keep this from happening, from from the government being an absolute answer no matter what the people actually want. That's what you get. You know, it used to be the monarchy. It used to be the monarchy. Now it's parliament that has adopted the same kind of We are the kings, we know better than the peasants and the serfs, so we will overlord you. And like you said, the Islamists have taken charge of that government.
Speaker 7: Any thoughts, Well, yeah, I mean that's the way it's always been. The one thing that they hate is, you know, people like us who said now I'm not going to deal with it anymore. You're done, and took took three percent of the population to to take care of business and become free, break away, you know, and become free.
Speaker 3: They don't want that.
Speaker 2: They love that control. That's that's what that's that's what they're all about about.
Speaker 1: Well, and it's the same it's the same thing here with people who oppose your right to own and bear firearms. Dan, And we've got to be constantly vigilant that we do not become that society that we fought a bloody revolutionary war to break away from. And it's it's a battle that you guys and gun owners of America and the rest of us who believe in our constance, in the Bill of Rights are fighting every day we.
Speaker 3: Have we're fighting.
Speaker 2: We're fighting against fellow citizens, Democrats, liberals, progress as we're fighting against them. Yeah, they're the ones who are trying to take away I write, that's the most astonishing thing. It's hard to If I wasn't right in the middle of it, it would be I would look at it and go, what's wrong here? What are these people crazy? They want to give up our freedom and they know that we real Americans won't let them, and they hate that.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you this. In the upcoming governor's race you're in New York does does anybody on the right does Stephanic, at least Stephanic have a legitimate chance to beat Kathy Hogle in this governor's race in twenty sixth And what do you.
Speaker 2: Think when I see local doubtlets, local media outlets say.
Speaker 3: Local still holds a lead. H They say this a lot.
Speaker 2: And when I when I see that, I recognize it. When they were talking about Hillary Clinton in the general in the general election, they were saying she's still ahead, she's still ahead, she's still in what happened. But so they need their people to feel good. You remember Democrats and the liberals, they need to be coddled, they need to be they need to feel good. So they're always saying locals in the league. But there's been some polls where Stephanic is showing that she's neck and neck. So I have a good idea that she Stephani could actually take this one because Lee's elden last time around came really close. But I I wouldn't put it past the New York legislature to to make to do some cheating. You know that you never trust trusted Democrats when it comes to that. But so to summarize, the Democrats are saying, the left wing media is saying the hope will still in the lead, but there's some polls coming out this shows disgusted on.
Speaker 6: Neck and neck.
Speaker 1: Well, and this is what happens when you get a governor who at first blush in the first allyed what wasn't even elected, was just appointed appointed, appointed.
Speaker 4: By by Cuomo, and uh then then.
Speaker 2: You know she and then let me just have been there.
Speaker 3: Gary.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to interrupt you. But then the next time around, she she barely won.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about a.
Speaker 2: Democrat majority here, a supermajority in all, and she barely won, but she did have the Democratic machine behind her, which is why she she pulled it off the second time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about that. Well, what's going on with the gun laws as we look to the new year?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 4: What uh? What battles?
Speaker 1: Are you guys ready to fight to keep people free?
Speaker 7: Well, we we want right now.
Speaker 2: The HR thirty eight, which is the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act. That means you'll be able to take your gun regardless of the state you come from, and travel in and out with your concealed carry gun in any state right in the nach and you will be bound by the same you know, concealed carry restrictions of your state, your home state, just like your driver's license. And that's what we really want. And you know, people say, well, we don't, We shouldn't have a permit at all, and I totally agree.
Speaker 3: But this is a good.
Speaker 2: Step until we can get ourselves to a place where we can have constitutional carry, which is what our founding fathers always wanted. Constitutional carry. There would be no government issue permission slip needed.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean they can't even they can't even vote to keep the government open. How are they, Oh, you're expecting in Congress to pass something that makes so much sense when they can't even fully fund themselves with our money.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: You do make it sound ridiculous, I know, but I have high hopes.
Speaker 4: And the bill again is HR.
Speaker 2: HR thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Keep your eye on that one, Hi.
Speaker 4: Just remember thirty eight caliber HR thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Are they still going crazy trying to impose red flag laws across the country?
Speaker 3: Dan? Oh, of course, red flag laws are.
Speaker 2: Red flag laws are something that they would just love to have. And I hear Democrats all the time talking about it. Red flag law is probably the most dangerous thing you could you could have because basically it's confiscation without due process. And anybody with red flag laws typically the accuser can be practically anyone and sometimes anonymous, which is scary. So of course they want that. That way, they can, you know, say, oh, well, if they don't get j Walker, he's a he's a risk to society, but don't get his guns, and then we'll figure it out later.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they could actually say I'm a risk to society. They used to say I was a risk to myself, which was probably true.
Speaker 3: What are you.
Speaker 4: But I'm sorry, what what are you working on right now?
Speaker 3: Right now? Yeah, right now, I'm doing a thing.
Speaker 2: I'm concerned right now with gun free zones, and it's becoming pretty bad across the country. Different states where you know, there's there's laws right now. In New York, for instance, there's a law you know, it still says that you have to put a sign up to welcome guns rather than a sign up, you know, to turning them. So it's called the vampire rule. We call it the vampire rule, and it means that in order to bring a gun into a publicly a publicly accessed private business, you would have to have written permission, in other words, sign on the on the business saying the guns are welcome. That's that's the vampire rule, you know. Vampires. The theory is a vampire couldn't come into your home unless you invited them in.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite, one of my favorite lines from the movie Lass Boys.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well exactly, Well that's what they're you know, that's what they're trying to do with firearms, and nobody's got to put us sign ups saying guns are welcome, because if they do, they're they're going to be afraid of you know, left wingers. You know, you know, uh, Molotov cocktail in their business.
Speaker 1: Or or you know, right, I said guns were welcome, not molotov cocktails.
Speaker 4: You commys.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: So that's one thing that I'm concerned with right now is red flag laws. And you want HR thirty eight, and we want our d OJ and Pam Bond to get on board with the removing short barrel rifles, short brow shotguns, and silencers from the National Firearms Act because ultimately it's a registry. It's a gun registry, and we obviously don't want that because once the guns are registered, and then you have red flag laws, you have the access now to confiscate guns and you know exactly where they are. So those are two things that really concern me right now.
Speaker 1: And the thing is when these red flag laws take effect and they compensate your gun, you've got to wage a long court battle just to prove that you're not a threat to anybody, and so you're out of pocket that money paying for a lawyer and going to court, and then you still may not get your gun back.
Speaker 2: And you want a little statistic on that, I think it's about eighty five percent of the people who get caught up in those red flag laws do not fight it because they who don't have the time or the money or the will.
Speaker 4: It's a damn shame. All right, Dan Walls, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Good Gunbadguy dot com still a good place to find you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yep, gunback dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, fantastic.
Speaker 1: Danny was Second Amendment hero on the Nightcap back in just a moment. It's always nice to have this young lady on. We only have really talked to her once before, and then I really couldn't talk to her because it was election day and she had absolutely lost her voice. But she is in full throated glory now. Independent journalist Karen Clifford. She covers a lot of things. She covers the whole gamut, from politics to natural disasters and emergencies. She herself lost so much in the Palisades Park fire in California, so she knows of natural disasters and emergencies. And she also was a big fan of SAT one, two, three, dot com. But Karen is with us now to talk about Informed News Network, which she founded this year. And I think it's really laughable that a journalist has to have found the Informed News Network because I see so many so called journalists every day on TV and elsewhere who simply don't act like they know anything. They're not informed on anything. They just parent talking points that have been sent out by whatever their powers at V are Krin Clifford. Welcome to the Nightcap.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 8: I am so grateful to be with you today. It is basically snowing in Washington, DC. It's about thirty degrees out and it is freezing at the White House yesterday. My toes FROs, my fingers FROs. So I am so excited to get the truths to the public because there is so much uninformed news in the White House Press Corps, in the Senate Press Corps, and now the Pentagon. The Pentagon has created a whole new press corps which is super exciting. Tons of my life friends who are real journalists, like James O'Keefe and Laura Luma, and they have the most amazing press corps now with cam Higbee and so what the Pentagon is doing. I think is super critical to happen for every agency in Washington, DC because there is so much fake news. As a matter of fact, you and I were discussing the fout that the White House now has a whole website on white House dot com that exposes the fake news.
Speaker 4: Yep, yeah, it's about time.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned mister O'Keefe, it's nice to have Project Veritas not have to go undercover. Now they can be out in the open and actually give people the information that most of us want. There was a new study out that showed that a majority of young people and not voters, but thirteen to eighteen year olds, don't trust the news media. I mean a majority of kids just think that it's all fake and biased. So even they know what has been going on in our news media in this country, cared.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And that's what I'm really concerned about because I'm actually in the White House Press Corp. And yesterday I actually was confronted by a couple of the fake news journalists. I don't want to say their names, but the bottom line is, you know, one of them's with the independence that the White House is exposing to be fake news, and you know, they are saying crazy stuff, saying President Trump is preasoners. They're saying things like, you know, Pete Headsets doesn't have the right to bomb the drug boats. I mean, it's getting ridiculous at this point.
Speaker 4: These are journalists saying this.
Speaker 8: They're saying a lot of fake news, and the Trump administration is actually beginning to expose them. Yeah, and so I think that's good for all of us because everyone who pays their cable bill and they paid for these news agencies where they paid for these these news memberships. Okay, Politico, one of my best friends is suing Politico for one hundred and fifty million dollars because Politico wrote fake news about him. Another one of my friends is having.
Speaker 3: To sue President Trump. Had to sue.
Speaker 8: President Trump, had to sue CBS, President Trump had to sue YouTube. I mean, it's never ending with the fake news. So where are these news narratives coming from. That's what I'm concerned about. Potentially a lot of these news nerdalists and a lot of these news narratives are people who are real Democrats, people who are real Antifa type liberals, and or being paid for their news narratives. But I'm really worried that there's still is CIA mockingbird media because this is what I'm worried about. I go to all the press conferences, I'm in the White House pretty much every day. There's fifty five seats. Who's actually in those fifty five seats? New media like me, we have to stand on the sides. So what I'm concerned about is in those fifty five seats, I rarely see the same people show up. That's what I'm worried about. So every time there's a new person in one of these fifty five seats, that means that there is someone creating their news narrative and telling them what to say. Their questions are too calculated. Oh so there is a very dangerous component to the news and I do believe it. How to do with the CIA mockingbird media that President Trump hasn't been able to fire yet. The head of the CIA requip we haven't fired these people yet, and I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Well, it's such an entrenched administrative state. I mean, people talk about the deep state and the swamp carenn but it is real. It has been around entrenched in Washington, d C. Unelected bureaucrats and people who want to wield that power without any kind of accountability or responsibility to the voter, which the Constitution doesn't call for a fourth branch of government, but that's exactly what it is, and oftentimes, sadly, it is more powerful than the judicial, the legislative, or the executive branch. And it's been there entrenched for a long long time. You can't root that out in a few months time. But President Trump and the White House have been absolutely efforting to do that.
Speaker 4: I would, I will, that's what we're fighting.
Speaker 8: And listen, they have found a way to fund themselves with government grants. So the real news is that these news agencies have found ways to cover themselves. Like NPR, PBS, Political they get government grants. Politico is owned by a very wealthy globalist in Germany. It's not America. First, it's not American. They don't care about America. And so we really need to weed this stuff out, like the Pentagon has just done in their press corps.
Speaker 1: Well, when the taxpayers of Minnesota give a bill million dollars to a terrorist organization in Somalia, you know you know that again, that's something that is just now being reported. It's been going on de facto. For the entire seven years of Tim waltz tenure as governor of Minnesota, there have been twenty eight at least twenty eight large fraudulent thefts of taxpayer money in the name of charity in Minnesota since he's been governor.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if that man was Vice president.
Speaker 1: I wanted to switch gears Corin and talk about as we're talking about the uninformed news network and the people who are just parroting narratives for globalist and Marxist means in the White House, press corps and elsewhere. This Venezuela drug boat hoax that is now going around and you know something about this, are trying to pit the Secretary of War Pete Hegseth against the commander in chief, Donald Trump. You can talk to that for a few moments, if you would please.
Speaker 8: I'm very concerned about that, because that's what these news media agencies that are fake news potential CIA deep state potential agencies that are run and funded by foreign governments that we don't even know where understand, like Politico. Basically, what they're trying to do is pit President Trump against his actual cabinet members. Right now, as you and I are talking, President Trump is having a cabinet meeting. Because this is what they're trying to do. They try to get in between President Trump and as cabinet members. They try to get in between President Trump and his core base of America first patriots and make them fight with each other. And you know, they're accusing President Trump of who knows treason. I mean, this is ridiculous. President Trump is totally within his legal authority to protect us in the United States of America, and everything he's doing is protecting us America first.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 8: So I'm very concerned about this, and I'm grateful that you're letting me talk to you about this because this is the most in banned and censor news and you know, a lot of Americans just can't handle this, and so they just watch the news. It's easy to get to, but it's really time to pick and choose the news that you watch, and it's getting few and far between. I can tell you that the people that I trust in the news are under twelve, potentially ten people and it's not the people you would think. So it's and it changes every month because people are just selling out and I'm just very concerned. I'm worried that a lot of the state news is funded by foreign interests, potentially the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's no question that the CCP has a vested interest in infiltrating and in indoctrinate not only the media but the American public for their own personal gain and their efforts that have gone on now for more than one hundred years to be the dominant power on the world stage. I wanted to talk to you too about what happened sadly Thanksgiving with our National Guardsman Sarah who was murdered and her other fellow National Guardsman from West Virginia who has been clinging to life in the hospital, and this Afghani who was let in by the Biden administration in the wake of the withdrawal from Afghanistan, and the thousands of others who came with him, who the CIA says, we're thoroughly vetted, and he had been well known to the CIA and helped them for years in Afghanistan, so they felt like he was no threat to come to America and have a life that maybe he was promised by those CIA operatives and this guy, there's no way that they could have vetted eighty six thousand people, especially coming from Afghanistan. And that's why President Trump has been so vigilant and vehement about stopping halting all immigration from all of these countries where they don't love America, they don't love American or Western values, and they you know, the places where there's basically no government whatsoever to even tell you who these people are.
Speaker 8: Very concerning because I was there actually and I got stuck in a lockdown. We got locked down at the White House, and we didn't know what was going on. And I was fully prepared because let me just tell you something, I walk around with a bullet priest pack and a satellite phone, and I walk around with my important things like keys and critical credit cards, government IDs in a Faraday bag.
Speaker 6: And that's what's so.
Speaker 8: Important, is that I want everyone to go to SAT one two three right now, it's SAT one two three. I want them to go there. And this makes the best Christmas holiday gifts. And I think it's so important to buy as much as you can afford to buy, because everything I get from SAT one two three SAT one two three dot com I use, and so I actually felt safe in this situation I know that sounds crazy. It was really traumatic and I was there and I got caught up. They closed everything off, and first they told me that the two National Guards people were from Alabama, and they first they told me they were both dead. So in the beginning I didn't have right information because the police are known to give us fake information. And then I couldn't stay there until Cashpetel started telling us the real information. There was so much conflicting information, which I think is really important people understand that. And so now, of course you know the twenty year old National Guards women, they're from West Virginia. She has passed. And the other gentlemen. I don't even like to say his name, but pray for him in spirit because he's fighting for his life. I don't think he'll make it. Even if he does make it, it's a tragedy. But thank you God that no one else got sot in the soft fire, because since I have been to the location and the Afghan national was using some type of a handgun and there were lots of bullets everywhere. It wasn't just one or two or three.
Speaker 4: Arm was shooting.
Speaker 1: Karin, thank you so much for your time. Ours is UPSat one two three dot com. Let's get that in again for your safety in times of emergency or in the times we live in. I appreciate it and keep up the good work.
Speaker 4: Karin. Thank you, so God.
Speaker 8: Bless you, thank you.
Speaker 1: Petere Hedy December two, twenty twenty five. Joining us now for this half hour is a guy that I've been talking to for eons now it seems about the Internet of things world in which we live, AI chat, GPT, hoaxes, things to watch out for on your cell phone, and anything else he can think of that has called from today's tech headlines. And because of his warnings and admonitions to me and to you through the years, I've fended off another attack over the weekend. Dave Hatter from Interest It is here also the mayor of fort Wright.
Speaker 4: By the way, were you were you.
Speaker 1: Manning the snowplows this morning? Dave and fort Wright?
Speaker 6: Well and always Gary Jeff, thanks for having me on. And no, I was not managed to snow plows this morning. We have a crack team and our three person public works department and some other folks that come in to get the job done.
Speaker 1: When you say crack team, are you speaking to their acumen or their addictions their acumen. Okay, okay, very very good. So first and foremost, I wanted to tell you. I think I did call you over the weekend telling you how proud I was that I'd learned from all of your tutelage about phone calls. I got a phone call at nine o'clock on Friday night and i'm you know, I'm ready to go to bed to get ready for Saturday morning. And it's a US Bank, so they said. And it was even the number that I use to contact US Bank, the eight hundred number that came up on my phone and said US Bank. So I answered it, and the voice on the other end said, good afternoon. I said, well, it's even if you were on the West coast, it's not afternoon anymore. Okay, who's this? Well it's evening, thank you sir, Well, good evening. Then this is US Bank fraud Security. Do you know someone named Blah Blah blah in Florida? And did you issue a twenty five hundred dollars payment to them through your account? I said no, I don't know anybody in Florida not with that name. And I didn't. That's not me Okay, well, we just want to verify. We need the last four digits of your social Security number just to verify. I said, no, you're not getting the last four digits of my social Security number or any other information for me. By that way over the phone, I did the right thing.
Speaker 3: Right, Dave, you did?
Speaker 6: You did, Cary, Jeff, And you know, I've had a similar type of scenario. I want to come back to yours. But like in my case, my wife and I are sitting on the couch. She gets a phone call from purportedly from USAA, that's who we bank with. There's some kind of fraud on your account, blah blah, blah blah. And I'm like, okay, this is some kind of scam.
Speaker 3: Hang up.
Speaker 6: And you know, then we went and logged into our account, checked to make sure everything was okay, went ahead and changed our paths where it just to be safe. But one of the reasons why this thing is prevalent, right is, first off, it's really easy to spoof a phone number. It takes almost zero technical skill to send a text or make a phone call and make the number that appears on the recipient's phone any number I want it to be. You know, the phone system is old. It's been around for over one hundred years. When it was designed, it was not designed to stop this sort of spoofing, right, so it's trivially easy for bad guys to make a call appear from any number. So you know, my typical advice is never answer the phone from a number you don't recognize if it's important to leave a message. But understand, even if you recognize the number, like in your case, it does not mean it's legit, and people really really need to take that the heart first off. So you know, if you see a number come across and it looks like a familiar number, year you trust it and you answer the phone, which you know in that case, I could understand why you would. Then you have got to be immediately incredibly skeptical understand that in many cases, So is it random chance that you just happened to get a call from your bank quote unquote? Maybe you know in some cases these sorts of phishing attacks. Now, in text messages it's called smishing, and in voice calls it's called fishing, but it's all basically the same idea. I'm just going to blast stuff out there, right, Some of these phishing attacks are just random. They're just blasting stuff out and you know, hoping that you won't question that that's I don't use this bank. Right, but thanks to all of the giant data leaks and data breaches we've had over the years, national public data, for example, billions of records lost. It's a background check company. Think about the sense of information you put out there in a background check. Places you've worked, places you've lived, places you've banked, all kinds of sensitive stuff. Right, So when the hackers have access to that information, they can know, hey, when we send this text or when we make this call to this Gary Jeff Walker guy, he uses this bank. This bank's phone number is X. So it is entirely within the realm of possibility that it's not just random chance they hit your bank. They're using information that they have bought, stolen, etc. From all these leaks to target you. They know you use a certain bank, they know you use Amazon or whatever. The scam is. Right, So if you know that the phone number is easily spoofed, just like an email address is easily spoofed, and and you know they have all this sensitive information so they can claim to be from bank x oh, and yeah, they might even know like, well, you bank a branch such and such. Just because you're talking to someone that seems to have information that only that legitimate entity has does not mean they're legit. And as the FBI says, I'm reading directly from their know that legitimate companies will never call you.
Speaker 2: And offer tex support out of the blue. If you get a call like this, hang up right. Never let someone have remote access to your computer. Never get out your credentials, especially if it's financially rate. If you're using name of password, it's financially related, because they're going to get into your account and lock you out and steal your money. And getting back now to this Apple angle, So Forbes recently reported on this now and this is not an Apple specific problem, but there are sophisticated attacks. They've been done to Google users. They're now targeting Apple users. Where you get a phone call, or you might get a text message with like an MFA code, and then Apple is suddenly calling you on the phone.
Speaker 6: Right, it'll probably show up with a number that looks like it's from Apple. This is the tax support scam idea. You know, once they get into your Apple account, Could they get into your bank account?
Speaker 3: Could they do?
Speaker 6: Who knows what? Hard to say. A lot of people have the same bad shared passwords. Don't have the MFA turned on. If you get a call, Apple has very clearly said they will not call you like this, right. Google has said will not call you like this. Microsoft has said they will not call you like this. If you get a call like this, chance it's a scam, it's probably enough, yes, and then you go. If you're worried about it, you go, log into your Apple account, log into your Google account, log into your Microsoft account, log into your bank account. Do not click the links, do not call the numbers, do not take the bait.
Speaker 4: Now, it's it's just as simple as that.
Speaker 1: It's bogus because they've already told you they're not going to call you regardless.
Speaker 4: So I mean, you just you're right.
Speaker 1: You just got to be vigilant and be aware that this stuff is going on, and that's why we're here talking about it. Child safety advocates warned parents to avoid avoid AI toys this Christmas. We kind of talked about the Teddy Bear describing sexual fetishes and the like.
Speaker 4: This is an extension of that, is it not.
Speaker 6: It is Gary, Jeff. I mean it's the idea that I mean. First off, as we've discussed before, Internet are things devices aka smart devices, which includes toys children's toys, have been a concern for some time. I mean the literality is probably going back more than ten years that you don't have to look too hard to find all kinds of privacy and security flaws in these children's toys that connect to the Internet, whether it's you know, known vulnerabilities, whether it's recording that you don't understand. Because keep in mind, many of these toys have cameras and microphones in them, because that's how you interact with them, right. You know, we've seen stories over the years of web cameras getting packed and weird people talking to people's kids for these things. If you have a toy that can connect to the internet, you know, ask yourself, did the toy manufacturer focus on the privacy and security of this device and of my children playing with it? Or do they focus on things like market share, speed to market, and ease of use? And you know, that's that's my issue with the so called smart devices across the board is as a consumer, they are not focused on their privacy and security. They are not focused on protecting you. They're focused on selling as much of these things, many of these as they can, to as many people as possible, making it as easy to use as possible so people will use them, and then collecting as much data as possible to you know, further monetize your data. So when you give your kid a toy like this, again, forget the AI piece for a minute, just right off the bat, you know, do you did you change the default password? Do you know how to set it up for software updates so that eventually there's not a vulnerability in the kid's toy that allows hackers to get into your home or office network and do much more nefarious things. Then you throw in the AI angle. I mean, you and I have talked about this before. It's well documented if you go look, you know, there's all kinds of issues with AI making people lose their minds, AI telling people to do crazy things. In this specific Teddy Bear story where a researcher was purposely trying to see what it would do, and you know, was asking questions about like hey, where can I get NDS? And the AI in this thing told the kids like, oh, they're usually in the kitchen and such so as a cautionary tale. Now, you know, my kids are not of an age where this would matter anymore, and I don't have any grandkids yet. But I'm sure you know what I'm going to say next, which is, there's absolutely no chance, no chance I would give my young children or my grandchildren any kind of AI internet connected toy. Do you understand what it's recording when it's recording? Do you want your kids' conversations to be sucked up, analyzed, sold to someone else, or conversations you might be heaving with your kids that you don't understand are being recorded. Do you really want your kid exposed to some AI bot that's telling them who knows what without any real oversight over it? Like you could at least have on a computer or a tamphlet or something. In my mind, and there is just no way you could justify getting a young child some.
Speaker 3: Sort of toile like this, no doubt.
Speaker 6: Stay away from these things, or at least at least do your research and vet them.
Speaker 1: Carefully, care more more carefully than probably some of the Afghanis were vetted when they came into the country. Dave Hatter is with us for another quick segment. We'll come back and talk about SMB's what they are and how they can protect you this holiday shopping season.
Speaker 4: And we just had cyber Monday yesterday.
Speaker 1: Dave Hatter on the Nightcap back in just a moment our it Guy Tech Talk Doomsday. Dave with the aluminum foil hat securely placed on his head so the aliens cannot read his thoughts. Dave, what are SMBs and this is some kind of layered security, but I don't know much about it. And how can SMBs so called protect you this holidays season from cyber threats?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so they're what they're talking about here. This is an article from a chief security officer online, and they're they're warning small businesses, small medium businesses, that's what they mean by S and D in this case, are always under attack because they typically don't have the deep pockets, they don't have the resources, they don't have the experienced team that larger companies have to depend against this and also normally during any kind of holiday extended off time, you're going to see increased attacks on businesses. You know, what bad guys like to do is assuming they can get a foothold in your environment, whether that's somehow they find a vulnerability in your firewall or some smart IoT device that's not set upright, or they just are able to compromise someone's identity right, they're able to guess the username and password or get a user name of password up the dark web, they get in and in many cases, if they're going to drop ransomware, which is you knowftware that encrypts your data to shuts your systems down and then you have to pay to unlock it, and they usually steal the data too. So when you say, oh, hey, I listened to Old Dean's Day Dave Hatter, I got a good backup. I don't need to pay your ransom because I can just wipe my systems in the store and go on about my business. Then they'll threaten to release your data online unless.
Speaker 3: You pay right.
Speaker 6: It gives them extra leverage to extort you even if you're not down because of the ransomware. So what they like to do is wait till a holiday weekend.
Speaker 2: You know, if you.
Speaker 6: Have a three day weekend coming up, if they can launch their attack let's say on a Friday night, knowing no one's going to be back in the office until Monday. They can inflict maximum damage. Right there's no one paying attention. They can hit the maximum amount of systems. They can inflict maximum damage, thus increasing the likelihood you're going to pay. So this article is basically saying, hey, it's a small business, you need to understand these things. They got an interesting static here small and medium sized businesses. Twenty nine percent of businesses with fewer than twenty five employees and nearly one in five mid size businesses have or have experienced a ransomware attack in twenty five nineteen percent of them. Sorry, that didn't come out very clear, And again, ransomware can be an existential threat. If you don't have good backups and you don't pay the ransom where they decide not to give you the decryption key, well, your systems are just wrecked. And you know, can you survive that hard to say. But the point they're going to make also is Windows ten with end of life, which means no more security updates for Microsoft, and they're saying you need to take a multi tiered approach. You want technological tools in place, things like anti virus, email spam filtering, DNS filtering, to try to block the bad guys. You want training in place so that your team is aware of the kind of threats they're going to face, like phishing and social engineering and sense worth. And then you need systems in place so that if and when an event does occur you do have a successful cyber attack, you can contain it and re cover quickly from it. Where the minimum downtime the minimum costs to you. I mean, this is the stuff we're to preach in every day as a business Cary Jess. You know, there's nothing you can do to make yourself your business completely impervious to this stuff, but there are things you can do focused on risk to make your business a much and frankly yourself a much more difficult target. You know, as.
Speaker 1: Especially with a small business. H It's it's hard to The reason you have these systems in the first place, is it it makes it easier for you to run with the skeleton crew of people, a small amount of people. But if it would be practical and you can fairly easily do it, isn't it good to have a hard copy backup of all the important stuff that you've got.
Speaker 6: Uh, certainly, you know one of the things that's interesting. You know, I recommend every business have an incident response plan, an ideally cybersecurity insurance. Ay, just going through the insurance process will help you understand what insurance companies see his threats and things you need to depend against, and then an incident response planned. Okay, if and when I have an incident, it doesn't have to be a cyber attack. It could be my server crashed, we had a tornado. Whatever, my systems are down right, what do I need to do to recover? Who do I need to call so that when that crisis hits you're not scrambled around? And the reason I bring that up is because people will often create these things, keep them in a digital format only, and then they lose it when the system crashes. So yes, having a hard copy, a secure hard copy in a safe or something of critical data is always a good backup approach to make sure that if and when your systems crash, you know you're good to go. Now. I will also throw out one key idea and the world of backups, you'll hear about the backup rule of three to two one. This works well for individuals too. But the idea of the backup rule of three two. One is you have for any critical data, anything you can't afford to lose, you have three copies of it. The production copy you're working off of, the other copy stored on a different medium could be an external disc, could be a network attached storage or whatever. And then a third copy that's off site, ideally in some sort of cloud based backup that's happening automatically, so that even if the two copies on site are destroyed somehow, you can still fall back to a third copy that it's safe somewhere else. Yeah, you know these are all and that speaks to the resiliency idea that, Okay, when an event occurs, doesn't have to be a cyber attack again, could be a natural disaster. You've got something you can fall back on, an ideal. You're testing it to make sure that it's available and workable when you need it.
Speaker 1: Great information. Dave Hatter as always my friend. Thank you again and sleep tight. We'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 6: Always my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Thanks Gary, Jeff, you got it.
Speaker 4: Dave Hatter with us on the nightcap.
Speaker 1: We'll be back to wrap up with the fur ball in minutes afternoons. Ah do I long for these conversations. I'm like a junkie. I'm like scratching it in my arms, and I'm freezing cold all a sudden and then sweating the next because I got to get my fix of the fur ball. I'm like a junkie on the streets. It's and and now I get my dose. I get to to as the as the junkies say, I get to get well for a few minutes. So here is my fix of Furman on a nightcap on seven hundred w L W Oh did you bring this stuff?
Speaker 4: Andy?
Speaker 3: The stuff? Yeah? I always bring this stuff. You know that I'm ready for you.
Speaker 1: Okay, good boy boy, I'll tell you what. The DT's are terrible when I when I don't get enough Andy Furman.
Speaker 4: And now I know.
Speaker 3: There's something wrong with you. I guess you can think get a life, But you know, there's there's so much out there, and really and truly, I think we've got to lead off for college football because that's the story of the day right now. And one of the stories obviously was Lank kissing. And it's really a funny story because you know, I'm on the weekend. I'm on Sunday morning on Fox Sports Radio, and I saw the show up, say hey, Lane, where you're going because you said Saturday you're going to make a decision be at Florida or LSU, and ended up going to LSU. And you know, after a while that kind of got old.
Speaker 2: And here's the deal.
Speaker 3: I mean, the grain standing was disgusting. I really believe that you're hurting the school. You're you're hurting the kids that you recruited for that school. And I'm so happy they a thought the arrector and to a president that started to put the lock and bolt on his office door and say, you know what, you want to go to LSU. God bless you get the hell out. Here's a guy who has always been one step out the door wherever he's been. He was fired on the carmack at the tarmac, I mean on the at the airport when he was coaching USC. He coaches a Tennessee for what they were seven and six.
Speaker 4: He got fired there.
Speaker 1: They threw him out of Knoxville, that's for sure, real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, so the guy's been all over I mean, yeah, he's like a like a fifty nine and eleven record at open as he's done, Well, why not stay there, you know, build a legacy over there. I get it for his contrast to be close, like seventy five seventy eight million dollars in LSU, A lot of pressure on him over there. But you know, here's the thing. There's something wrong with this system. When a coach who takes the team to the college playoffs, the SEC you know, playoffs whatever it may be. Yeah, and then all of a sudden he's going to both and leave. And you know, at least he talked about it. I mean, Brian Kelly was worse. He just left. He didn't say a word. He just didn't show up at the banquet for the University of Cincinnati. So they got to do something right now with this. And you know, I applaud Old miss for not letting them coach in the playoff game, silly because his coaching would just more or less talk to these kids to tell him to go with it. Tell us, you well, recruiting them while he's coaching them.
Speaker 4: Andy, You're not the first person.
Speaker 1: In fact, almost everyone including the people inside the bubble of the coaches and administrators, are saying that college football is broken.
Speaker 4: Now, how would you fix it?
Speaker 3: Well? Number one, you know the portal for the college kid for transferring and college football is going to be open during the college football playoffs, which is so ridiculous because here's the deal. If I'm a kid at school X, and I get a great offer monetarily to go to a college, and say, wait a second, you know, why would I go to a playoff game and endanger my monetary economics for an injury? Last factor, I'm not going to play. I'm going to both. I'm going to go into the portal, I'm gonna go to the school. So there's something wrong, I mean, and I don't understand how these guys could get in a room and discuss this and not look at the downside of what they're doing. The portal should be done after the entire football season, playoffs at all are finished. During the playoffs, it doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 1: You're absolutely correct on that. I don't think that you should have this revolving door while a national championship is at stake.
Speaker 3: And you know, honestly, as far as exposures concern the publicity, I think the top players who in fact would put their names in the portal, they'll get more play, more publicity than maybe the games themselves.
Speaker 2: You don't want to do that.
Speaker 3: I mean, like omentually Baseball, they're small enough to say, hey, look we're looking at the hold all trades of big announcements during the World Series. I get it. The World Series is the showcase. They're in the center stage and everything else is an ancillary. Let that go roll up to someplace else. A lot of people it takes sense, it really doesn't.
Speaker 1: A lot of people said about the old system we got. There's twelve team playoff. They just announced the teams earlier tonight. They said that, you know, it's better for the teams to on the field decide the national championship. And I can't disagree with that instead of a computer placing four teams in there and having a couple of Bowl games to determine it. But it's twelve teams too many, Andy, you think.
Speaker 3: You think it is, But it's not too many for the pocketbooks. That's the thing. Well, you know when they have a question that Chris collins Worth the Wayswoman is if you have a question, you know the answer is follow the dots. Is always about the guelt, the green cabbage, and that's what it is. It's all about the money. And that's what this is. And I remember way back when when they never even had a championship game played for college football. It was the Associated Press and the United President the Nationals. They chose the college champion, AP champion, and the UPI champion. So at least they're playing, okay. And I remember your last year and the year prior to that, they had four teams, and it was so excited because look, the team had to get one loss and basically you're on the hook. One loss, you may not get in. And that team that was fifth, pressing its nose against the glass. There was always a great story, a controversial story. Should they have gotten it? Should they have made it? Now with twelve, you're gonna get teams with two losses for sure, and maybe several with three. You know, and again, you know, what's the point in playing throughout the entire season is you're going to play again and meet the same teams again.
Speaker 1: I just but this also allows even with twelve teams, Andy, it also allows for teams to be pressing their against the glass. Now with only two losses. My Vanderbilt Commodores, darn Well should have be considered for and I'm sure they were at a certain point. But you know teams like that who had incredible seasons. You know, Vandy has never won ten games in any college football season ever in their entire school history.
Speaker 4: They won nine. The last time they won.
Speaker 1: Nine games was nineteen fifteen, and they had this remarkable ten and two season. They their last game they beat their rival ut on Tennessee's field. Tennessee was ranked nineteenth, Vanderbilt fourteenth. But even at ten and two in the SEC, they you know, are on the outside looking in more than likely, and and everybody else, like you said, you got you got two loss teams. Notre Dame gets the benefit of being Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: That's the key, you know. You know what. Obviously Myami of Florida beat not to Dam early on, and they've been ranked a head of notes. There's been rent a head of them all season long. I mean, you know, there's always going to be an argument right there. And I think this Miami team is one of those teams you don't know what you're going to get on any given Saturday. There they're one heck of a team and an explosive team, but maybe the competition they played against, they only played as good as a competition in their conference, which was not that great of a conference. And the downside of Vanderbilt is the conference they playing. It's so strong, the Big Ten obviously, and the SEC one two or two one, if you will, as far as college football powers are concerned. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 4: Well, it's pretty and maybe there's.
Speaker 3: Too many teams in the conferences. It's pretty.
Speaker 1: It's pretty telling that the Big Ten championship coming up this weekend is one versus two in the nation, Ohio State versus Indiana. That could that has the potential, that is all the earmarks of being a national championship game right there, without the playoffs exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: And that's a shame, isn't it. It really is, because that game maybe better than the national championship game. Seriously, well, I may have more interest.
Speaker 4: It's not a shame for Hoosier fans. I'll tell you that right now.
Speaker 3: I mean, you're right about that. I mean, and again, I mean the bottom line is this. If it's about the money, let's go one step further. I mean you could turn on any talk radio show in the country, sports talk, national locos may be I promise you I promise you they cannot get away without talking about gambling, and get I get the reason why. It's it's part of the game. To me, it's killing the game. And as long as they're sponsoring these shows, they're going to talk about them. I hear it all the time. I hear it all you. Look, I'm very fortunate because I work at Fox Sports Radio, and yeah, they do talk gambling on the shows, and they have the shows on Sunday. You know whose favorite? How many points? Because I work with a guy by the name of Bucky Brooks who played in the NFL and he works for the Jackson Jaguars. He's not permitted to talk about gambling because he works for the NFL, which I love because I don't want to talk about gambling. There are too many great stories out there. You want to talk about gamb Look, I'm not opposed to it. I worked at racetracks most of my life, But go ahead and gamble. I don't think people want to tune on a radio show to hear odds and lines about games about hosts that have no idea how they could predict the game. Because look what's happening in the NFL this year. You can't even predict the game the other day that Carolina was going to beat the Rams. Are you kidding? You just can't predict it. So I talk about it. You know, there are better stories out there and game stories rather than just talk about points and gambling. And I won't do it, and I don't do it.
Speaker 1: You could have predicted that the Giants were going to get crushed last night by New England. Well that was a runaway train from the start of the game.
Speaker 3: And well what about the Giants kicker? Oh the end of the game? Oh did you see that?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't see the end of it because I turned it off already. It was over. It was thirty to fifteen.
Speaker 3: I saw it on social media, and look, I didn't watch the end of the game because it was kind of gone. Really, but you know, really and truly he missed it. Looked like he just stopped before he was going to kick the foot.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was early. That was earlier in the game. That wasn't at the end of the game.
Speaker 3: On social media after the game. But yeah, and the question, the question arises has to arise, like was he doing that because of the odds on the game? I mean, with the points. There's a cloud over every game right now, especially basketball. Would happen in the NBA and now maybe even football. If the guy drops the pass in the end zone and the game is not covered by the x amount of points, the question is going to be risen. I mean, did he do it on purpose? Off?
Speaker 1: And And it's all because of the prop bet angle. And when you can bet on an individual player, maybe not even a maybe not even a starter, who is going to do something or do this or do that during the game instead of just what what's the outcome of the game, what's the point spread?
Speaker 4: When they get down.
Speaker 1: To the the micro cosm of a game and they get to individual players and you know, field goal attempts and people are betting on that, that is what opens the door for all kinds of fraud and the lack of integrity because of gambling.
Speaker 4: That's it right there.
Speaker 3: I'll go on stuff further. You say it opens the door, I'm gonna tell you this. The door's open. The door is oh right, I mean the door. I mean what's happened in the NBA would happened in Major League Baseball. I just I think there's a cloud over professional sports.
Speaker 4: Right now.
Speaker 3: And I think that anytime something like that happens, a mispitch, a drop ball, whatever it may be, the question is going to be risen like, oh, did he do it on perfect? Was he brought up? Or gamble is involved? Was Vegas involved?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 3: It's terrible, it really is.
Speaker 1: You got to get rid of the prop bets. That's the only way to because you're never going to betting.
Speaker 3: Governor the one in Ohio has done that, yeah, which is great, but you know one state. You know what is that going to do? You bet in Vegas? That's not gonna not gonna change things. The pro bit Vegas.
Speaker 4: People people are you to doing prop bets now?
Speaker 1: So even if you made them technically illegal, there's still going to be illegal betting going on on prop bet prop bets and players. I mean, because you, like you said, the door is open, Pandora's box has had the lid lifted off, and this is what we've got.
Speaker 3: But okay, here's my question to you. I'm really I'm so out of it with betting. I have no idea. Now I know what a prop bet is. But some of the wines says he wants to eliminate prop bets in Ohio. I have a phone, and I want to go to one of these betting sites. I guess I could still better prop bet correct. Sure you sure you could? Around you know, he's eliminating prop bets and casinos. I would think that's where they're eliminated.
Speaker 4: At the sports books.
Speaker 3: But in other words, I have a phone, and if I want to go to bet USA or at MGM, whatever it may be, on my phone, I could make a prop bet correct.
Speaker 1: You certainly could. All right, I'm sure I'm sure that the prop bet police aren't banging down your door five minutes after you get off the phone.
Speaker 3: Handy, right there you go. It's just, you know, and I do. I say this not because I'm opposed to gambling. I love the purity of sport and it's really been taken away right now. It really has been. It has. I mean, it's bad.
Speaker 4: I just all do.
Speaker 1: All of our innocence has been lost, Andy, all of our innocence. There's no more innocence.
Speaker 3: In other words, if someone went to bet that Joe Burrow is going to pass to three hundred yards this week in their football game against Buffalo, and he's got to eighty to eighty going to the fourth quarter and the Bengals hand the ball off the entire fourth quarter to run out the clock. Don't you think someone's going to say, wait a minute, someone had to bet that throw the three hundred yards. He didn't do it, because that's why they handed the ball off and ran the football and didn't pass. Those are the things that are gonna happen stuff like that.
Speaker 1: One thing, one thing hasn't changed, Andy, was that the house always wins and and the bookies always know what's going to happen pretty much, And the only time they question the legitimacy of betting is when they don't win. As long as as long as the bookies are always on point with their point spreads and all their other bets is long. It's when there are anomalies and the house loses, that's when they look into it.
Speaker 4: Otherwise.
Speaker 3: But here's my question. Everything for years betty was legal in England, and I have all the soccer leagues over there. I haven't really read or heard about so much controversy there as we have here. I do I do understand why why is that?
Speaker 1: Well, the paraphrase Sam wis, you don't live in England you live in Cincinnati. Andy, Listen, I gotta go. Thank you so much for your time tonight. As always, I got my fix while I'm going home in a few minutes.
Speaker 4: It's late.
Speaker 3: Enjoy drive carefully. Thank you all right, my friend. I'll see you soon.
Speaker 4: Bye.
Speaker 1: The fur Ball on a Tuesday night. Back to wrap up next