Speaker 1: That's nice, right a go, yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the fourth day of August twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the partray of Morning Show. My name is Chris Hockey. Here we go, big day ahead of us. We got Marny Gallara, now we got Johnny Bones, we got a new twin. We had a first patted practice yesterday. I happened to be at that.
Speaker 3: That was fun.
Speaker 1: So lots to get to.
Speaker 2: We'll get her started right away. There was some comedy. Here's Ryan Hamilton Tuesday morning on the part Trip. You got those Tuesday tireds. We're going to try to be your audible caffeine. Let's get her started partrip morning. So come on in.
Speaker 3: I am glad you are here.
Speaker 1: People said a lot of things.
Speaker 4: People said, you're going to get a lot of material out of this, and let me be the first to say, not worth it.
Speaker 1: I would rather have done many things for the jokes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: I got hauled off and hit by a bus for the ha haas.
Speaker 1: There were some brighter moments.
Speaker 5: There was this moment I realized I was going to use my health insurance.
Speaker 1: And that felt good. I just had this thought, here's where I get mine. I'd be laying in the hospital going run it up.
Speaker 4: I mean, how often in life do you get to blow right by your deductible.
Speaker 1: And on January one? How about that? Huh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I was living large, wind in my back and a glint in my eye.
Speaker 2: Side sweets on your side?
Speaker 1: You here this dam dunder this all right?
Speaker 4: Part Good morning Joe, Tuesday, August fourth, It's twenty twenty six from Corey Cove. That's Chriss Hockey, that's meat Sauce, Paul Lambert and Sam Calverson.
Speaker 1: Hello, how are you guys? Good? How are you? That's great? Great, great, great great.
Speaker 6: I thought we were going to get a ton of rain this morning, hogsteady, you didn't get some?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some, but yeah I'm damp. Yeah it is kind of damp.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, lightning a little bit of rain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's nice and damp. Yeah that's what your new word any times? Can I say that before we all get a little uncomfortable.
Speaker 6: You know what's great? It doesn't rattle anymore on that sweet microphone.
Speaker 4: Not your ygh leaning all the way in because the mic sounds really good, right, Yeah, try let's see if I go all the way in here. Yeah, look, it doesn't tint it up.
Speaker 7: So I heard it might have been that pop filter that covers it. They said, apparently it was so dirty and so repulsive, like just it's like a picture of it, and it's like sending in it to all of his engineer buddies, the show how disgusting we are?
Speaker 3: The hell could you guys be doing over there?
Speaker 1: Well, it's gotta be Barrero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's the one that like his candles and lysol wipes and stuff. He's the one that's coming off as a germophobe. But it's probably the opposite. What do you called him a murderer for? Pa is extremely clean, Pa? Yeah, I mean comedy. It's a working lunch. I doubt he spits it right into the microphone.
Speaker 1: We're good.
Speaker 4: I like to think I'm relatively clean. Yeah, I mean I showered twice a day. I think you guys are doing a great job.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Yeah, I think everybody here does a great job.
Speaker 4: Are the twins doing a good job? They wheeled and dealed. You said they wouldn't. I was wrong, man. They wheeled and deal.
Speaker 1: They wheeled and dealed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And you told us for about a year and a half that Joe Ryan was going to be traded.
Speaker 6: And he's still here. Yeah, man, how about that, he's still They took on some salary, man.
Speaker 1: Ryan Jeffers, our guy still here. Yeah that's good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Trevor Larnick still here, even though they tried to trade him like five days ago.
Speaker 6: Still they tried to trade him again last night. But yeah, he's here.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: Everything's working out for everybody. You Yeah, it's all going the right way for your twins. So you're excited. I mean not really.
Speaker 4: But the Hoffman guy they got, and Bonus saw no way more about it than I do.
Speaker 6: But he's really good. The other Minter guy they got decent, right, good guy, fine, perfect. The other guy was going to get cut and they just got in front of the line by training, but they did. They added salary, which I think Bonus has said multiple times it's the most salary they've ever added at a trade deadline.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean the Boston Red Sox went and got an All star catcher. I mean, the Guardians traded for about fifteen people. The White Sox traded for about fifteen people. But hey, they didn't sell.
Speaker 4: Aaron Gleeman said from a league source, the Twins are getting three point seventy five million in cash and the Blue Jays to cover part of Jeff Hoffman's salary next season. The Twins will absorb the entire three point two million Hoffman is owned for the rest of this year, plus about seven point twenty five million of his eleven million dollar salary next year. You retweeted that with a caption that says, Wow, they should be given an award. Well, I mean, I feel bad because I love Gleam And I texted him after I tweeted that and said, this is no ill will against you.
Speaker 6: We didn't respond. He probably hates me. I don't blame him. A lot of people hate me. They're tired of me. They're tired of much stick.
Speaker 1: Much stick. Yeah, what's your stick? What's your bit?
Speaker 3: You're being a bean?
Speaker 1: Bean me.
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Then that was my mister ban impression? Not great?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: Do? People watch him?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: Sure? People love mister Ban.
Speaker 3: You can just run around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't like mister Bean. I've never really I know who he is. Roman Atkinson, Yeah, I guess I'm mister mean.
Speaker 3: Who's sang that?
Speaker 1: Signing a song in the nineties like mister Vane. Oh remember that song?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want it and I know you because I'm mister Bain.
Speaker 1: That song.
Speaker 4: Way, who's saying that? I think it was just a one goal, was it not? That was culture Beat? Oh god, that nineteen ninety three.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna listen to that on my way home.
Speaker 4: There were German German musical group culture Beat.
Speaker 3: You that'll enter your wrist.
Speaker 6: Call me mister raider, call me mister wrong, call me mister Vain. That's all the lyrics. Call me insane.
Speaker 3: I don't know what in the hell you're talking about.
Speaker 6: He'd say, I know what I want and I want it now, and I want you because I'm mister Vain.
Speaker 1: Lady it is a lady. Yeah, she's a lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is confusing. Yeah anyway, German pop music, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, talk about it.
Speaker 1: Pop music. Ten years ago.
Speaker 4: We would have played mister Vain right now and then ran it into the ground for an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. We would play all.
Speaker 3: Of it first, some of ever been glad we can't play me.
Speaker 4: We'd play every beat. Yeah, that's got to be in the system, right, Oh for sure. Who would play that. Oh, KATIEBB back in the day played it like crazy. That's where I heard it. Yeah, thirty years ago to.
Speaker 1: Make great song. Thanks, Zach What time do you go to bed? I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to talk about up the whole time. I didn't what world series of poker? Watching the Han thing just wore Jesus.
Speaker 4: He was dead to rights man should have been out, could have been out, and now he's second and ship multiple man. Wow, wow, down to seven and like, look, Holly did it go?
Speaker 1: Because I didn't make it the whole way? Holly, did it go? Zach Ary? Midnight?
Speaker 4: Oh midnight, that's not too bad. I thought it was going to go way later than that. Oh midnight Pacific. You were up till two.
Speaker 1: I can't stop. Oh dude, I have a problem. I have a problem. And I couldn't make it that long.
Speaker 4: But think about that if it ended three and a half hours ago. ESPN's Jeff Platt was is and was supposed to jump on the show for a second at eight forty.
Speaker 1: Do we think he's going to be up? No? This is one of those things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I'm sure you guys would be super pumped if he doesn't show But I can't blame him if he doesn't show up, but he says he would.
Speaker 1: He's a pro. He's really good.
Speaker 3: You getting nothing else to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Do you think he knows mister vain.
Speaker 3: What he calls this penis?
Speaker 1: I'm sure there's a handful of people on that broadcast that are a little vain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, espn. Yeah, the broadcast was legit. I mean we're back, Oh for sure. Production value was off the charts.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude. Yeah. Yeah, you guys watch Sons of Bitches. Hawk and I are going to watch the NFL Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I go. I went to the Vikings practice.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that go.
Speaker 3: I went very well.
Speaker 2: It's fun to watch him hitting each other and getting the latest scoop and reuniting with all my friends down there, putting new names to new numbers.
Speaker 3: It was fun.
Speaker 4: Hell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, do you mean mister vain.
Speaker 3: Your penis?
Speaker 4: Would you like to Yeah? I'm curious, should be big big citrus.
Speaker 2: I didn't meet him, he wasn't practicing yestoray, but I'll tell you who did our first round pick.
Speaker 4: Well, everybody's so far as saying, if the kid stays healthy, he looks like an unstoppable for us.
Speaker 2: Did and tick that first line away now because he's completely healthy?
Speaker 1: Is he really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He was whooping ashes. I saw him doing spend moves on one on ones. I was duly impressed by that kid.
Speaker 1: He's a huge human. Again, we said it yesterday.
Speaker 4: What if Quzy just swings and misses for four or five straight years and Brazenski's I can't I'd like the job, Like, well, we fired that guy, so why don't you just do this one? Well, we do the GM search. But if he slides in, does one draft and just crushes and then Nolan's teasily is the GM and we're moving on in Brazinski's not. But Brazinsky just gets to kick his feet up and go, remember that the twenty twenty six draft that I crushed and then you didn't give me the job?
Speaker 1: Yep? Cool? I wonder, And again we'll never quite know how much.
Speaker 4: Was Brazinski the decision maker, how much was koc how much was Brian Flores?
Speaker 1: Like what was the dynamic this last draft?
Speaker 4: But obviously Brazinski was heavily involved, But who made the final call?
Speaker 1: Don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how that worked. Somebody else can report. Nobody in this town reports nobody.
Speaker 6: People are gonna be on top of stories, but they're not gonna report.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but let's not even do hindsight because Caleb Banks hasn't done anything yet. It's it's August fourth, but the day he was drafted. Right, we got all those bad draft grades, right, f d minus the garbage. But even the people that hated our draft, or at least our first round pick, even the ones that hated it, said, this is just too big of a gamble.
Speaker 1: But the upside, though, is gigantic.
Speaker 4: But he's hurt, he's got what foot problems, he's too big, he never plays games like you just you probably just drafted an absolute.
Speaker 1: Injury report guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah but right, everybody said, But.
Speaker 1: But if he can stay healthy, this might be a home run.
Speaker 3: Yes, I saw no hitching his get along of any kind yesterday. That's sweet, dude, to stomp an ass.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, huge, let's stomp some ass. Yeah, let's stomp some ass. Good morning, John.
Speaker 3: Bonas going to stomp some ass?
Speaker 1: Sure? Cool?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, man, See he wants to do we have a target.
Speaker 4: Do you believe the Twins stomp some ass yesterday or not.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they just maybe tap you know who in particular stomps.
Speaker 1: Live Twins Daily dot com Tom pull it excuse me?
Speaker 4: Yay, Now we're saying, wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute, excuse me.
Speaker 9: Moved up to every promise he has made over the last nine months.
Speaker 1: Does he have photos of you? None that are on the internet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is where I get to get called pull that pocket protector.
Speaker 1: I guess. Uh.
Speaker 9: He came through and uh, his general manager in the press conferences, they said, you know, the ability to add payrol is huge. And I will suggest that's an optic that's a kind way of saying what their truth is, which is the ability to add payroll at the trade deadline is huge. It also should be the default position, and the fact that you could not add payroll before the deadline in twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: Was what was huge.
Speaker 9: That's the that's the real problem, right Yeah, And we kept trying to say that in twenty three and twenty four, like you guys, you got appeal to add payroll at the deadline. That's that's how you make the playoffs. That's how you make the postseason. You can't just give up. And you know they didn't do that, But give him credit. He did what Major League Baseball owners are supposed to do, which is allow your front office to cook at the trade deadline, and the front office did some cooking.
Speaker 2: Well, Sa, there's some cooking going on. What do you say now, Sauce, do you have apologies to make?
Speaker 1: No? Why?
Speaker 9: Because Paula I did have like a constant debate from bout the last two weeks about Ryan Jeffers and how likely he was to be traded that. Yeah, I mean, we will never It is not in Jeremy's olds best interest to try and tell us whether or not they were ever close on Ryan Jeffers. So I'm not sure that we'll ever find out. But I don't get the sense, and I didn't hear a lot of inside stuff about him being particularly close to being traded once they decided they were going for Yeah, once they decided they were buying.
Speaker 4: See see Tom Poulad said I know what I want and I want it now?
Speaker 1: Did he really just like culture beat?
Speaker 4: Oh? Wait, mister Vain In nineteen ninety three hit number one in Australia Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland.
Speaker 1: What a smash, Yeah, just the whitest countries song.
Speaker 4: It was the number one dance song in the US essentially, but it didn't get higher than seventeen in.
Speaker 1: The US on the Billboard Hot one hundred. It's still slams.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you're talking.
Speaker 1: Is this to talk about pop music?
Speaker 4: No culture beats mister Vain, which we would play for you, but it's a different time in space. And you know, I think culture Beat would want their five grand I think they need the money.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's not supposed to mean he's taking shots of people for no reason. Me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you won't apologize, Tom.
Speaker 4: Why would I apologize to them?
Speaker 1: Show what you're supposed to do? What they want an award?
Speaker 3: If you're a fan.
Speaker 1: They did what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: That's what we do every day. That we don't do great jobs. We just do what we're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: You wanted all your applause, You wanted, Hey, you applause me you said all the time.
Speaker 1: I mean Sus does what he's supposed to do.
Speaker 9: He doesn't get layered with with accolades for it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he gets financially compensated.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that counts, so will Tom pullap. I don't think Tom Pola is hurting for financial competition.
Speaker 3: Putting that in the mist.
Speaker 1: I think Saucy on this one.
Speaker 9: I don't think you gotta apologize that anybody.
Speaker 3: Saw all right, then fine? You for each other. That's what you guys do.
Speaker 1: You guys just are ride or die.
Speaker 4: Because he gets free access to twins Daily dot com geek podcast, how good you guys are?
Speaker 1: Get it?
Speaker 2: Because all the free stuff he gets?
Speaker 1: Was that a shot at that?
Speaker 4: You don't you want the stuff at twins Daily dot com for free too?
Speaker 1: Is there pay stuff? Paywall? Very little, very little? Well, I think Sauce should get free access to that too. Thank you. You guys are in cahoots. I give him so much free, so much of me. Yeah, wow great. I've only been there once and it was the time I was dressed as a donkey. Yeah. Great bar. That was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there was a guy singing stone type of pilots karaoke at the top of his lungs and it made me uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Man, I had.
Speaker 2: I had a rough experience with some crook. At the other night go On, we were playing down red Winging. They have they always have a karaoke contest that happens before we go on, and there's always like a couple of really good singers, and then there's always a couple of guys who are doing it for a goof.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh the goofs were tough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because one of the guys had to stall for a bit because they were having issues playing his tune.
Speaker 3: It wasn't whose line is it?
Speaker 1: Anyway, he did a free show.
Speaker 2: I was landed the back of my van trying to take a nap, and I was like, somebody put me out permanently.
Speaker 1: Saw.
Speaker 4: So if I had had to sing karaoke at that event, you know what I would have sung.
Speaker 1: Mister Vain nailed it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I would have talked about if I had to do free show, I would talk about gut her helmet from Gunnerhilmet MN dot com. Never clean your gutters again, gut Herhilmet MN dot com.
Speaker 2: Tune in to kfan dot com slash watch if you want to see mister Vain, yeahs going to show him during the break.
Speaker 1: Oh you're going to show your Wien.
Speaker 3: I'm mister vane.
Speaker 4: Would you tune in if you showed your crank on the Yeah, would you tune in?
Speaker 1: I mean Tommy scream shot it?
Speaker 3: He would scream shot it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, Tommy. The whole time Adam Weber was on your city, He's like, this is the best between the voice and the haircut. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How did you know he was on? Because when you asked the quarterback question, the wide receiver talks at thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: I said the hawk, I go, well, I'm gonna go in there and ask Corey what it's like to come up with a board game?
Speaker 1: Will you answer?
Speaker 3: I was like, does he know what position?
Speaker 1: Adam Man? Adam is such a good dude. What a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Adam is awesome.
Speaker 2: He's a straight up Like I'm surprised he doesn't smoke Marlboros.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean yeah, he sounded like you did yesterday yesterday.
Speaker 4: But that's his voice. And again Tommy freaking loves it. Yeah, trust me, he loves it.
Speaker 6: My mother in law yesterday was on the phone with my wife and was like, that guy is handsome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he is a.
Speaker 4: Like we said on the area today. You know you know, you're annoyingly good looking. When I walked down the hall and everybody we walked by was a man. Everybody in this room at that time when he walked in was a man, and everybody's like. Then Adam went out to say how to somebody else, and everybody that was left in this room like me, Mark Parrish got who else was?
Speaker 1: It was like three or four of.
Speaker 4: Us and all of us like, god, dang it, that guy's good looking, and it kind of pissed all of us off. We're like, man, that must be rough, yeah, crazy, good for a yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, but honestly, what a nice guy. Dude, good dude.
Speaker 6: So next segment, we're gonna hear Hawk's thoughts about twins daily.
Speaker 4: All right, So Bonus is here, Marty Gellner later, maybe Jeff Platt later, who knows, maybe he'll sleep in. Uh.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fin.
Speaker 3: Therizon.
Speaker 10: Business experts love small businesses, so they come directly to you on your schedule, real experts and members of your community.
Speaker 1: Learning first.
Speaker 4: They can I ask you guys a question just because I know Abbot's up and this is his favorite topic.
Speaker 3: We were talking, Yester. We couldn't wait to hear about it.
Speaker 4: You know, we have three quarterfinals left right in the Initials Invitational. Yeah, we already have seven people tied with three points. Like, the most number of wild cards we can have is six.
Speaker 3: There's only one way to handle it. You got to have a playing game.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's more work. Well, but a second chance tournament.
Speaker 9: That's what That's what Doe did on Jeopardy. That's what Jeopardy did. They had this best second place finishers all compete in the second chance tournament and you get get the wild card that way.
Speaker 4: I mean, I do know that Abbott wants this to string out as long as possible.
Speaker 1: He has said that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I can tell you one guy that's cheering for just three people to get four and lose in these last three matchups, and that's me. That would be easier. But yeah, so far we've had no one lose with four points. Seven people have three, including aj Yeah how about that? So people, yesterday we're going what are we doing with wildcards? Are we doing like a fan vote? Are we doing a wheel spin? Are we doing a playing game? And I go the committee has not decided yet. I don't know but we're already over capacity. What if you know what we're gonna do. What if you let the person in the semi final with the most points pick their opponent.
Speaker 1: A freeze like Kelsey Chad?
Speaker 4: So what you mean like the people that are not sorry not Chad Kelsey and Christian Like you're saying, like hawkheads six Kelsey, so vay get.
Speaker 1: To pick their opponent.
Speaker 4: I mean that's yeah, that's pretty unfair to like the Glenns as your old which.
Speaker 1: Is they're never getting picked.
Speaker 9: Then you know you picked the dead weight, just like any situation where you know, a j kind of shows up like the undertaker in this in this.
Speaker 4: Well, that's kind of what I said yesterday, Right, this is the most aj thing ever? Is he in round one but gets just enough for a wild card and then still finds a way to win the whole tournament? Yeah, I don't know, we'll see awesome, sneaky, sneaky little comeback win for Brett blakemore yesterday though he's not he's not bad at that game. No, for for how infrequently Brett plays, he beat He's freaking good, very good.
Speaker 3: And I think he and the listener are twins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and man Glenn had what did he guess? Horse race?
Speaker 4: Yea if he guess his horseback riding instead of horse race. Yeah, we got it. Yeah, but that's how it goes. Them's the breaks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know Glenn's last name is Sheen.
Speaker 1: How weird is that the mansion? You guys ever been in the mansion up there?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Cool? Yeah, super cool. I've been passed same, I've been past it. My girls have been in it, going there during.
Speaker 2: The Halloween or the Christmas time. They really do a good job in place. This place haunted as hell.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, is that right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And you they'll let you in free if you show him your what do you call it earlier, mister Vane, mister Vane to let you free. That you gotta go in the back door. This guy named Aaron back there, who showing mister Vane?
Speaker 3: He'll let you in.
Speaker 11: That's like what I don't want? No, no, mom, no, Aaron's listening right now. And to luth going, how did they.
Speaker 1: Know that if you flashed dog, I'll let you for.
Speaker 4: Free through there's only fifteen men that have ever known that.
Speaker 1: Man. I told all of them to keep quiet at the sauna. Was that family sauna called family the family sauna. That was fast. Do you have to have an ID? Do you have to have a membership? Nope, you just have to show him, mister van that's right. You know what?
Speaker 5: You what I want?
Speaker 1: I don't know, God what a sign?
Speaker 2: I know that he's not the first quarterback to not be the tallest guy. But if you guys ever stood beside Will Fries, No, you say Fries or freeze Fries?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like love those that's right.
Speaker 2: Will Fries is six foot six, three hundred and twenty seven pounds.
Speaker 1: That's a huge bit. He truly is.
Speaker 3: A huge bit.
Speaker 2: He is standing right before side that other tall guy, the tackle that we just.
Speaker 1: Signed, oh O'Neill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he is a huge bitch as well.
Speaker 1: How huge bitch?
Speaker 2: How does a guy who's basically my size see over those guys to make a completion?
Speaker 3: I don't know how.
Speaker 1: Stuff works, right, It's unbelievable. How does Kyler see over the offensive line?
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why you have to put him in shotgun and not like a standard shotgun distance.
Speaker 1: He has to be about thirty yards back and.
Speaker 3: He has to have a real shotgun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, protect himself.
Speaker 4: I ever told you that one of the kids I graduated with, actually he was a year older than me, got expelled because he had a loaded shotgun in the car in the parking lot.
Speaker 1: This is pre Columbine. He was a hunter.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but pre Columbine, just in his pickup truck, if I remember right, I think it was just a loaded shotgun.
Speaker 7: Sure that would have been one of those things that would have been accepted up there.
Speaker 4: Well, well that's the thing, man, Yeah, but a loaded shotgun in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: Understood, it would have been. They were you know, it was so commonplace where I grew up. And I know this is something I say that sounds weird. It wasn't an option. A school shooting wasn't an option when I was a kid, right, you know, and not you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Nobody thought it was like a thing. We never even pretty column by me.
Speaker 2: It's like, you know, getting stabbed in a fistfight wasn't an option.
Speaker 1: You just thought people you know, like them's the good old.
Speaker 3: Day, right yeah, yeah, yes, everybody. Not that ever.
Speaker 2: I didn't, of course, but people kids hunted, and they just they left their gun where they left it. You didn't even think that he might shoot you unless you got mister Vain.
Speaker 4: This story could be completely wrong because it's been thirty plus years, but it was almost thirties.
Speaker 1: It was essentially exactly what you just said.
Speaker 4: It was a hunter that didn't think twice like, well, why can't I bring my gun to school?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Well loaded shotgun, buddy.
Speaker 4: And again, I know it's super easy to say that in twenty twenty six, but he was just like, oh, I'm going hunting after school, so why can't I just bring it to school? Hell, he might have been hunting before school, right. There was no malice. The kid wasn't there to to reacavic or scare anybody. Just somebody noticed it.
Speaker 2: And I did a lot of hunting before and after school with mister Vaison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love you, knew what you want and you wanted it. Now you didn't care we're gonna hit you.
Speaker 2: That kept they kept saying, can you leave mister Vain in the car? I've never heard that song. I just listened to it. I've never heard that song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so you were twenty three, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I had a kid. Mister Vaine doesn't get no action.
Speaker 9: Except from mister Selson Blue, mister Vain.
Speaker 1: Got in trouble, mister Vaine.
Speaker 3: Uh did you guys hear the bre Okayo interviews.
Speaker 1: Yeah's a plus, it's did not I tell you.
Speaker 2: He brought up feeling and the comments and coach was like, damn it.
Speaker 4: Oh well here let's walk us, walk us through it after this, because I have no idea what you're talking about in here a second of it. We'll do Front Paid Sports after this. John Bonus is here, Marnie Gilling there later. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the Fan. Did your home get?
Speaker 7: Is turning twenty five and we are celebrating in Vegas. Join Corey Hawk Sauce in the cast one thousands over eighteenth to the twenty third at Circa Resort and Casino Live shows a Friday Night Bash, Purple Football at Stadium, Swimming More book with promo code, Power Trip RaSE special room rate. All the details at PAFPN dot com slash Vegas.
Speaker 2: That's right, Welcome back to your morning show. In full swing down at TCO. Speaking of full swing, the Twins are doing things.
Speaker 3: Sorry about it all.
Speaker 6: It's Front Page Sports time now for Front Page Sports, presented by Holiday Station stores.
Speaker 4: Holiday Station Stores, you can get Red Bull three for six fifty those eight and a hal half ounce.
Speaker 1: There's three for six fifty.
Speaker 4: Mix and match any flavors you want, the sugar free, the zero, the regular ones, Red Bullet Holiday three for six fifty for a limited time. Thanks Holiday, Yeah, thank you. They never say you're welcome. I mean, I know they're listening, but they don't have a microphone, but they would. They're very nice.
Speaker 1: I see a red bullsitting right here in the KVN. Bill Banks. Look at you, man, Uh, look at you. Understanding, Randyan. Yeah, I can hold it up to the camera. Sugar free. It's the only way to go. But whatever you are correct?
Speaker 4: All right, Chris, Let's start with you, because we teased it before we went to break.
Speaker 1: You said you were down at the Vikings to have training camp.
Speaker 4: And then you also heard Barrero's interview with Kevin O'Connell and he had some interesting things to say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go on. Kevin's a good dude. I like that guy, Barrero.
Speaker 2: As much crap as we all give each other on the station, we do it with love. He's so good at what he does, and he is not afraid to ask the hard question. But I didn't think this was gonna be a hard question. As we remember, last week, Adam Delan talked on on the NFL network about the complicated defense and how you got to know fifty things and this, that and the other.
Speaker 3: And I would think that that, you know, no big deal.
Speaker 2: But here's the exchange between Brero and Ko when they talked about that on the Perch, and the interview, by the way, is fantastic.
Speaker 3: It went about thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: No kidding, Yeah, it was thirty eight minutes.
Speaker 3: A very long time. It was great. Here you go, Dan or Lawski.
Speaker 1: Youre familiar with him. I love Dan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he said the other day it was with your guy, Adam feeling.
Speaker 3: They were breaking down the other day teaching the whole world.
Speaker 8: God.
Speaker 10: He made it sound like your offense is literally the most complicated in the history of what.
Speaker 1: No, he didn't what he said it.
Speaker 10: Well, but he made it sound like that the line of scrimmagers, like fifty variations instead of five.
Speaker 1: Is that close to that?
Speaker 8: Adam? You know, Adam, you know, I'll tell you what. When when Adam was in our offense, he certainly had some ideas of his own and I would literally say, Adam, how the heck am I supposed to coach that? Somebody told me about it, and then I texted him and he sent me this, here's the money.
Speaker 1: Orlofsky all right.
Speaker 3: So that's the part about Adam that that was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because he but this next one's that's pretty good because if you could see it, and I stand right there when Brero mentions the quarter by Orlovsky coaches head drops like son of a bitch.
Speaker 1: Damn it. Quote.
Speaker 10: Basically he said, whoever starts a quarterback for you has to understand that the head coach is the star of this offense. A Is that true? And B is that necessarily a good thing? You dropped your head? So I'm gonna guess you're not gonna love that either.
Speaker 8: What we try to do, Dan is we try to take we try to be problem solvers before Sunday, and we try to be problem solvers with the offense that we have where we always want to have answers for the quarterback and when you have a guy like Justin Jefferson, we don't. We can watch eight games of breakdowns leading into a game and that first drive we're still going to see that team play defensively different against him than they have maybe against many other premier receivers in the league, because it has been shown when you allow him to have the type of day he's capable of, we normally do pretty well. And we're normally a hard team, especially with our defense. Can we get that lead if Justin's catching explosives, we're gonna score points and then you got to play against flow in that defense when we have a lead, and that is not fun for anybody. It's part of the reason why, in addition to running the football more last year now, we want to continue to evolve and grow that aspect of our team of running the football, because if people are going to be so stubborn of how they defend our skilled players and Justin and Jordan being the driving factor behind that, we have to be able to run the football.
Speaker 1: And take yards from people. Take it and that's music to my ears.
Speaker 8: And the issue is, you know, it's it's easy to say run it and run it, and like last year, with a young quarterback, you can do it. And it's great when you're third and four, third and five, third and three, but when you're third and eight, thirty nine, third and ten. Those two runs they put you in a position where in the back of your mind, are we really getting this quarterback in a rhythm? Are we really helping him, you know, not have to play the hard down every third down that comes about. But to answer, but that is not the case. I I there's a reason why I always when we win a game. It's my favorite thing. It's what I chase every day that I go to work, is those locker room moments where I wish I didn't have to say a word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun. Yeah, it's a really fun interview.
Speaker 9: So his take on that, his reaction to that was when Orlowski's saying that, you know, the quarterback isn't the star of the coach is the star. What he's rehearing from that is I don't let my quarterbacks throw enough. I don't give them the opportunity because he because he immediately launches into there's a reason why we run so much. This is where there's a reason why we are emphasizing the run, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Well, I think my take in John, maybe I'm wrong, but my take was, it's not about me, It's about trying to do the right thing. To put the quarterback in the wide receivers and everybody in the right position. So it may look like I'm trying to be I'm trying to overthink everything, but what I'm actually.
Speaker 3: What I'm being given.
Speaker 2: These facts state that everybody's shutting down Justin Jefferson to make sure he doesn't win. So I have to get as creative as hell as I can to create other ways for us to succeed, to take the pressure off Justin Jefferson. So it looks like it's about me, but it's not. It's about and I think also it's about having to deal with having a quarterback. They can't perform the way I want him to, so I have to get creative. And some people think it's about me, but it's not about me. It's about trying to win.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and this He's always stated that their whole bit, and there's audio when he would talk about Sam when Darnold was here, is their whole bit is to not put to make their quarterback minimize the amount of tough downs.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 6: They don't want to be in third and eight all the time. They want the cour back to have to make three or four tough throws. The whole game because the rest of the offense is humming at such a speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think, Corey, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I like when the coach has to has to be on his heels a little bit, because you know, there's nothing more boring than quote coach speak, and Kaos is pretty good at that at just saying like a whole lot of words, but it doesn't really give you anything. But I thought a lot of those answers seemed pretty genuine because he got pushed back a little bit and he's like, well, if we're gonna have fun, and I'm gonna be honest here, Adam is exaggerating and how complicated this offense is.
Speaker 1: Couldn't tell everybody you're playing. I'm not the star.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to figure out how Like in a weird way, that was almost like, do you remember when I had to coach Josh Dobbs.
Speaker 1: You know that's I felt like that's what he wanted to Stroy.
Speaker 4: I'm just trying to get to the end of the game, So yeah, I have to get creative. Look at what I've dealt with a couple of times. I'm just trying to get to the end of the year I want a quarterback.
Speaker 6: We left Carson Wentson because we didn't anything Brose.
Speaker 2: And he, by the way, he mentions a couple of times during that interview in a roundabout way, we've got, you know, we had we had to play four quarterbacks, and this year will be ready to play four quarterbacks. Basically, what he is saying is we learned you got to be ready because you can't just have one quarterback in this league anymore. How, you can't just have two quarterbacks in this league more. That's why I don't think j Jo get traded.
Speaker 4: Okay, but look at it like this, by the way, too, people that are anti Kevin O'Connell going like, well, he still hasn't want a playoff game. I don't know how excited we should be about a guy that hasn't won a playoffs. That's one of the people that says says that, sure, when he's had a quarterback Darnald and Cousins, he's put up monster numbers, the offense crushes. We went a whole bunch of games when he had and had good quarterbacks. He's failed that.
Speaker 1: You could say, well, that's he's not Almost all coaches.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I guess, isn't that Also though, it's a tip of the cap to if you can put a viable quarterback in this guy's offense, you're gonna have a really good football team.
Speaker 1: That's the sign of a good.
Speaker 4: Coach, right, So yeah, well, I mean everybody failed, like look at Belichick.
Speaker 1: Every back with the like the Browns and the Jets. You don't have a quarterback. The greatest coach in the history of the NFL sucked, got to have a quarterback. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Well, I mean if you're uh oh, Colin, you're hearing your criticism. You know, the quarterbacks have to understand they're not going to be the star. You're gonna be the star. The coach is the star. Kyle could just say, well, which of my quarterbacks have been a star?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Right? Have you seen have you seen my tenure here?
Speaker 9: I had one who was competent and we went fifteen and two or something.
Speaker 1: Like fourteen three, ye like yeah, come on, yeah, yeah, I think And that's when when they drafted j J.
Speaker 4: It's like a if this is our guy, if this is the franchise quarterback, then we got our coach, we got our quarterback, and we're all good. But it's we've learned a thousand times with the drafts. You just don't know until you know, and you are one hundred percent correct, Corey. That is his comeback to people like me that have said, well, you've never won a playoff game. Well, yeah, but when you gave me a quarterback, we went fourteen and three and we're playing for the number one seed on Monday Sunday Night.
Speaker 6: Football, right, Kirk o had he shined in this offense? Right when you make me.
Speaker 4: Play Dobbs Brosemer Wentz with one arm like you're gonna get McCarthy.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, McCarthy, you're gonna get you gonna get a ross? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So and can I say too, Just watching all the quarterbacks standing in a group yesterday, there's don't you know, look sir, who cares right about what what the eye test is? Carson Wentz looks like the quarterback of the four of those guys.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I know he's had health problems, but when he was healthy, son of a bitch? Is he the prototypical quarterback? Oh yeah, he's exactly what you want. He's enormous. He looks like a leader. Everybody kind of flocks to him.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the craziest thing.
Speaker 1: He's a former MVP, right, yeah, a day no candidate.
Speaker 4: Remember, Yeah, the year the year he got hurt, he was like, I think either the leader or second.
Speaker 1: He was like right in the MVP race. Yeah, before he got hurt. That was the year the Eagles won the Super Bowl with a whoopsies. Yeah, yeah, he still got a ring. That was twenty seventeen.
Speaker 3: He was great, man.
Speaker 6: They were eleven and two and he had thrown for thirty three touchdowns in his third team games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he couldn't look more.
Speaker 2: He couldn't look more like Tom Brady if Tom Brady had muscles.
Speaker 3: Essentially, he's an enormous.
Speaker 6: He threw for twenty seven a few years ago in Indiana, right, Like he's good man.
Speaker 1: No, you're right.
Speaker 9: The crazy thing about that year is that was the the Eagles back the Vikings.
Speaker 4: Out of those years, he was close so that we just needed to what a touchdown, two point conversion on sidekick point conversion on site?
Speaker 1: Uh I was.
Speaker 9: We go home to Philadelphia to visit Christie's parents every year, so we were there at Christmas. We were there like a week before the regular season ended, and you know, went had gone down, and it was a big Dick Nicks. You know, they were not calling him mister vain at that point. They were like, they were just like, we are screwed, and and he looked terrible. He looked terrible at the end of that regular season terrible. And they barely survived beating Atlanta the week before, which is why we were all.
Speaker 1: So confident going into that game.
Speaker 9: And then they just turned it on for two games.
Speaker 1: That's why did you bring.
Speaker 9: That bonus that team up until Yeah, he was outstanding.
Speaker 4: We'll do what really matters when the Power Trip morning to turn scores and stats around the world of sports, and in between, Crystal change your life for something else, Marnie Gellner in like forty minutes.
Speaker 1: This is the Power of Trimony show on the Fan.
Speaker 2: For more information about contests on the station, go to kfan dot com slash rules.
Speaker 4: A lot of apps like to say they're free until they ask for your what what?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Welcome back here.
Speaker 2: We got a little think about what really matters coming right up, and don't forget once again.
Speaker 3: If you missed that last bit and you want.
Speaker 2: To hear more of Burrero with KOT, just go to caban dot comer, whatever your favorite little podcast platform is and download it.
Speaker 3: It's all there.
Speaker 1: It's on YouTube as well. The full video.
Speaker 7: You can see Kevin's voice or face just go down.
Speaker 3: Yeah when he drops.
Speaker 2: Nobody asked you, Kevin, though, they asked him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did, the top of that YouTube channel. You have to. He's trying to grow it.
Speaker 3: Brought to you by.
Speaker 1: Quantum Fiber Internets.
Speaker 3: Right, got that, got that right?
Speaker 1: Look, John Bonus, here's how this works.
Speaker 4: I don't need to explain this to you, but since you don't seem to understand this, I'm going to explain.
Speaker 1: This to you.
Speaker 4: Old Yeah, you're not in this industry, so you don't understand. So Zach's trying to grow things like our podcasts, our YouTube channel, because what happens is then we get this giant platform, we monetize it, and that money then is divided evenly amongst all of us on this show. All your hands up, like with Periscope, Like with Periscope, like with the after Party podcast, Facebook Live, all that. What happens is iheart's like, jeez, you guys are killing it. Why don't we just say you guys take the money. Yeah, So really he's doing it for us, which is really great.
Speaker 1: That's really nice. You understand how that works, right.
Speaker 9: I just want to point out all I wanted to do is give Zack a compliment for the YouTube They came.
Speaker 4: He's growing it, dope bonus and I'm raping all the benefits and growing. What really matters is brought to you by Ovo Lasick and Lens. Oh v o e y e dot com. Go get Lasik from Ovo Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 3: They did a story on him on CECO. I think it was yesterday.
Speaker 4: Doctor Whitey or doctor lomanof doctor white I don't know one of the two.
Speaker 1: They're both super nice them.
Speaker 3: It's a doctor.
Speaker 1: They got a whole bunch of doctors there. They're the best.
Speaker 2: And they talked about the procedure and how it's better than it ever was.
Speaker 3: It's pretty interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I got it fifteen years ago and it kicked ass. Yeah. I can't imagine the advancements they've made in the last fix.
Speaker 2: And they say it's a lot safer nowadays. And I might, I like, keep talking about I might go in and say, can you do anything of these rotten things?
Speaker 4: Because back in the day when you went in there they said, there's not much we can do, which is again they're not going to lie to you.
Speaker 1: These are your eyes. Pull your hands up.
Speaker 6: Don't show up your rotten things because they do eye surgery.
Speaker 3: Well, don't show them mister Vain either.
Speaker 4: All right, Core bonus, the Twins got something called Jeff Hoffman from Toronto, Jeff the hoff He is a right handed reliever. They sent three minor leaguers to Toronto. So Flora's yours, right. We added a handful of pictures. You can talk about that, but we also I think one of the bigger stories in a lot of ways is the people we didn't trade, right, Larnick, Jeffers and maybe Joe Ryan specifically. So the Flora is yours, trade deadline, your thoughts.
Speaker 9: So many different stories we can go there. I guess the takeaway if you are into baseball and into the Twins is amongst the relievers trader and amongst all the players traded, you could argue that the Twins got the best right handed reliever and the best left handed reliever available on the market.
Speaker 1: To add that we're traded.
Speaker 9: Now, it's somewhat arguable Jeff Hoffman is somewhat is similar to a couple of the other guys, but you as a top tier right handed reliever that they added to this bullpen, he immediately becomes the best guy in this bullpen. And then they also got one of the best left handed re leaders when they got Mintor a couple of days ago. So I mean they did what they needed to do. They they improved the bullpen. The second thing that they did is they did not trade away there any buddy from their lineup, including guys that you know had been speculated really since last trade deadline would be moved at this trade deadline, and guys that you know then now they could lose four nothing at some point, like if they don't give Jeffers the qualifying offer when he becomes a free agent, he could walk as a free agent. And they decided rather than try and cash him in, to give themselves a chance because he is damn hard to replace. It's hard to replace a good hitting catcher.
Speaker 1: And von Lackey's what years away, Yeah.
Speaker 9: Several years away, although he did just start playing in I guess Loway is when he started to Now I think we anticipated moving up to high as I'm next week something like that. For anyway, you know, so they they did what they needed to do and to do so, they ended up spending about an extra nine million dollars probably in payroll.
Speaker 1: What do they wanted an award for that? Who would say such a bad thing for such a nice guy, this guy.
Speaker 9: I will also just call out an interesting tidbit to uh to mister Hockey, mister Vayne. The primary prospect they traded away to get Jeff Hoffman is dayson hill a picture in the minor leagues.
Speaker 1: Does that name sounded all familiar to you?
Speaker 3: Didn't I put money on that guy?
Speaker 1: She should put money on that guy with me?
Speaker 3: How much are you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Well, I think we should probably have to go back to partier bets and get it audit of what the actual bet was, because what he texted me and this was, you know, a couple of months ago, we were trying to remember which pitcher we had.
Speaker 1: The bet on was that he had to make.
Speaker 9: An appearance with the Twins before the end of the twenty twenty seventh season. Well, I mean, it's real unlikely he makes an appearance with the Twins now before the twenty twenty seventh season.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, but I'm gonna wait till.
Speaker 9: But I wonder if it was really whether or not he would be in the majors by the end of the twenty race, and his chances for that have probably increased because Toronto likes to promote people pretty quickly.
Speaker 4: Can I ask the obvious question, though, because my memory is terrible, why in the sweet hell did you bet that the Sun Hill would pitch in the majors?
Speaker 9: Before twenty seven we were talking about Jason Hill and I don't remember, And this time last year Jason Hill was one of the hottest rising prospects on the twins chart.
Speaker 1: He was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 3: Was he high to buy some rocks?
Speaker 1: Probably?
Speaker 4: What a weird bet for a guy that could not care less about twins minor leaguers?
Speaker 1: That was yeah, well that was interesting. We like to gamble in this slip. I like that fine.
Speaker 3: I just think that I need to gamble about things I care about.
Speaker 4: Well, even so, even if the bet, even if pardri bets comes back and says nope, you guys specifically said pitch for the Twins and Chris I wouldn't pay until the end of twenty seven because what if he gets traded back?
Speaker 1: The bet is not over until the.
Speaker 4: End of twenty seven, so bonus, you're gonna have to wait for your money.
Speaker 1: Twins.
Speaker 9: The Blue Jays have done a lot of trading back and forth with players, including some in Richardson, who ended up going back to the Blue Jays after after he was released from the.
Speaker 1: Twins, Like what if?
Speaker 4: What if Hill gets to Toronto and says, this is a nightmare. I only want to pitch for the Twins, And he like threatens to throw himself off a bridge if they don't trade him.
Speaker 3: Back naked, by the way, naked naked.
Speaker 4: That's how committed he is to get him back here. Yeah, And the Toronto's like.
Speaker 1: Fine, just go back bus.
Speaker 4: And then he starts next week and already, I mean, that would be a disaster.
Speaker 1: So let's just let's just let this bet simmer. Yeah, let's set the simmer simmer. Yeah, we'll let part trip. That's make the call on it. I don't know, I don't think that. I don't know. We make weird bet sometimes in this show. What really matters, though, is this you get That're right?
Speaker 2: A bee lives just forty days for zero good. It pollinates about one hundred fifty thousand flowers, and it makes less than a teaspoon of honey in it's lifetime. So for you sauce, it's just a teaspoon of honey, But for that bee, it's their life's work.
Speaker 1: Did you say one hundred and fifty thousand. That's why I was just doing the math.
Speaker 4: Four thousand, three thousand, seven hundred and fifty a day.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: They call them busy bees.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, and we need them. We need bees.
Speaker 3: We need bees. Man, it's one hundred and kill the fifty an hour.
Speaker 9: Correct, I'm not that's twenty four hours, which to be sleepy two point six a minute.
Speaker 3: Thanks, they're busy bees.
Speaker 1: Maybe, yeah, man, work harder. We need more honey.
Speaker 9: There's a couple of honey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, there's a couple of bees there.
Speaker 2: You got to pick up the slack for sauce bees.
Speaker 1: The bees are bees.
Speaker 3: Aer picks up the slack for sauce.
Speaker 1: Bee sauce. Then I will put honey on eh me thing bacon.
Speaker 4: Toasts, mister, mister vain, and I'll snort it off, mister vain. What do I care? Jack honey right into my veins, my mister veins. Honey is the best Donald's honey packets. That's not even honey, but who cares? Who cares call it honey?
Speaker 9: We have given four to one odds that you thought honey was terrible.
Speaker 4: I think it's the only reason I'm alive and I'm not even kidding. Wow, yep, been crushing it as long as I can remember.
Speaker 1: Me and winning the Pooh. Yeah, so I don't wear pants.
Speaker 3: You and your fake honey guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, somebody somebody asked GBT what McDonald's honey is made of, because.
Speaker 1: There's no way there's honey in there.
Speaker 3: There's no Bees.
Speaker 6: Uses one hundred percent grade a pure honey, no kidding.
Speaker 2: Son of a bitch, and you just toss it like a bee's life don't matter.
Speaker 1: Oh I mean I eat it. Oh it's so good. Sure? Oh yeah, it doesn't taste like.
Speaker 4: The stuff that I get at Costco though, you know that tastes like actual honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I like how they like.
Speaker 4: Oh like, there's so much honey that it's like this is organic honey.
Speaker 1: What who care? Are bees making it or not? Man?
Speaker 6: The Costco and Maple Grove Louis and I went there yesterday.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the insight. That place is hell.
Speaker 3: Why would you it's.
Speaker 1: Costco park. Their carked back. Nobody.
Speaker 6: I watched this lady just move her card around to the other side of her car and just leave it.
Speaker 1: A great example, No, great example, very nice.
Speaker 6: Well I'm not hot. Great example for her children that were with her. How old were her kids? I mean probably seven to ten, but I don't know. They were kids, not like babies. They knew what was going on, and she just moves it to the other side of the car and just leaves it.
Speaker 1: That's stupid. Don't do that. That's her problem. But plus they're working on the entrance of that hell hole. This is a bad time to go.
Speaker 3: Sure, they always are.
Speaker 4: You probably go during peak times. So you got to win at ten am yesterday you got a Bob and weave man. You got to know the no one to play the hits.
Speaker 1: No, it's weekday nights.
Speaker 2: It's the sweetest people in the whole wide world.
Speaker 3: Turn into the biggest sea words.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, get the party.
Speaker 6: Everybody at Costco stops in the worst spot. Multiple people just have conversations in the middle of the lake. It's people are shopping. There has to be Costco etiquette. The one over here, one hundred out of one hundred right here in Saint Louis Park. That's also a train wreck. It's the same problems.
Speaker 1: That parking is also a piece of ass.
Speaker 4: It's still Lord of the flies inside, but you still love it.
Speaker 1: It's Costco. The Maple Grove on is hell. It's what hell good. Don't go there anymore.
Speaker 4: One last person than I have to worry about when I go just got a little shorter.
Speaker 2: I'll say this for us again. If you see me in that Costco, you best leave, okay, because I went in there for one reason and one reason only.
Speaker 4: Louis and I walked in. Everybody, Oh, there's Uncle hockeying. Yeah, it's awful. There is no etiquette in that Costco. None. I I uh, I'm gonna break for ten seconds. I don't think I have a long list of great quality these. I don't think my list of great, great, great qualities as long.
Speaker 1: But I'll say this is a combo pladder. I would say maybe.
Speaker 4: My greatest strength is I walk fast, and I'm always aware of my surroundings. So I'm kind of a dream shopper because I'm moving quickly and I'm always conscious of am I in somebody's way? I'm always the guy that pulls the cart over, so I'm never blocking an aisle. So I'm a dream shopper for targets in Costco because it's like, nope, I'm not impeding anybody else's ability to purchase anything.
Speaker 1: I'm moving. There was purpose and awareness at all times.
Speaker 6: There was a gentleman yesterday that was walking at the speed of death in the middle of the god dang ale as slow as he possibly could.
Speaker 4: He had to do his podcast with Parish give him a break.
Speaker 3: I had to answer the question about quarterback play.
Speaker 6: Whoa Oh my god, pick off the pace.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you I hate that Costco. I well, then stop going. Oh, I know it's all of it.
Speaker 2: Everybody's nice dream target shopper because if it says buy one, get twenty percent off the second, I'm buying too.
Speaker 1: I'm sure.
Speaker 2: If it's a casket, yeah, I don't need a second casket.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna die one.
Speaker 2: I'm going to buy two of them because i want that twenty percent off. Yeah, I'm a dream shopper. Yeah for anybody.
Speaker 6: As one of the best things Little Bee has ever said, walk with a purpose, Walk with a purpose.
Speaker 1: It walking down, walking.
Speaker 6: Through Costco is not stroll walking through Central Park, ladies the pace.
Speaker 2: If you see if you see meets us Paul, oh just wandering, please film it and send it to me.
Speaker 1: No, I wander.
Speaker 4: I don't wander at cost Okay, But here's why Costco is not a great spot for you, because it is a madhouse, because it's an extremely popular store.
Speaker 1: You're extremely impatient.
Speaker 4: That is not the store for an impatient person to go to because the lions can get long because people are and you got to show me your receipt on the way out. The lines to check out sometimes are long. It's a popular spot the way, there's a million people in the store. That's not a great spot for you.
Speaker 6: But the people at Costco don't work at Costco for you are great.
Speaker 4: The people that go into that Costo you're a fellow human beings.
Speaker 1: So you hate Minnesota.
Speaker 4: There was a group having a conversation taking up the entire role.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's good for the way. It would be a good place for you.
Speaker 2: Is that go to go to the dollar or something dollar that's a good spot for you.
Speaker 1: I'd rather go hungry than go back into that Costco.
Speaker 3: Well, that's never gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's brilliant.
Speaker 4: I will admit, even though I love that Costco, the construction in the front is definitely pissing people off and.
Speaker 1: That makes it hard. So then just take a couple of weeks off and go back.
Speaker 3: You know what, did you close the store and fix it in two days and get her done?
Speaker 1: Yes? See, I like what hawks of my say. That's what hell is.
Speaker 6: You wander that Costco for eternity, That's what hell is.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: If you guys, I mean, are you nuts? There's so much, there's so much to eat. You can never check out. It's like a hotel and.
Speaker 3: They want to see your card and you can't find it.
Speaker 4: As long as I can get Wi Fi and watch the World Series of Poker, I could just walk and eat croissants and have a great old Honey unlimited honey by myself for the rest of the time. By the way, that's not that different than my actual existence.
Speaker 2: Big Johnny Little Dong's truck is so big you can't get it in a spot. Correct If you can't park your truck it's too big.
Speaker 6: Right, get a smaller cars? Yeah, it's and people just park hard. It's an I don't even have Are you yelling it? As Phillip says, Costco and Maple Grove is so bad they built an entire new one of not seag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's in normal.
Speaker 1: In not Sego.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Uh, it's technically it's Albertville. I think, O kidding, it's it's you. You can see it right as you're getting off the exit to go to the Alberville.
Speaker 3: What do you call it? Yeah, it's right in due. It's he huge.
Speaker 2: It's like I said, it's like lambeau Field when you're driving along and then suddenly there's Costco.
Speaker 3: It's enormous. I can't believe it.
Speaker 1: August fourteenth is the target opening.
Speaker 4: Oh, go to that one then sauce, Yeah, go there. Don't want you to stay there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why don't your move to watch what you moving?
Speaker 4: You hate your fellow Minnesotan's Yeah, how dare they have a conversation and enjoy socializing?
Speaker 1: Do it at the do it in the food court?
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the amount of giant diesel trucks taking them nine parking spots like Costco and Albertville. If it's impossible to park it in one space, you can't drive it.
Speaker 3: Go get a Volvo. Nobody believes you've got a big dog anyway.
Speaker 1: Rest my case, rest my case after case. We would love to rest my case. What does that mean? You're tuning in for the first time.
Speaker 4: The guy that just said rest my case is the son of a lawyer.
Speaker 3: What does my case mean?
Speaker 1: What do you what is your I don't know lawyer talk.
Speaker 3: I'm confused. Rest my cases lawyer talk?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I rest my case. How do you know a lizard person is real?
Speaker 4: As If they say a sentence like rest my case, that means they are faking like they understand English.
Speaker 3: I want you to take my case and rest it. All right, I'm case be right back after I just.
Speaker 1: My case from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Verizon Business. We have an accident on ninety four westbound at Highway fifties.
Speaker 7: Good morning show program passed word at exclusive cafe, Caffe and interviews and more. Catch the moments, reactions and behind the scenes funny you can't get on the radio alone. Watch a cafe in dot com slash Watch powered by Quantum Fiber Internet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just watched Johnny Bones walk in and sit down in his spot Saucy's sitting over there. After he came in here and demonstrated in person how the gentleman was walking down the hallway.
Speaker 1: Can you do it on film? Because I didn't see it.
Speaker 3: Don't do it the way you did it?
Speaker 1: Was it offensive to all involved?
Speaker 4: How old was this gentleman that was walking at the quote speed of death? Probably in his fifties, in his fifties, that old oh man? So like bonus in hockey.
Speaker 1: But I'm just going there now? Why because you mentioned one of the workers. Is there a worker or two?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's apparently a jugsy lady at the.
Speaker 6: He's going hawk loves that.
Speaker 8: Perfect.
Speaker 3: I will normally go there for a gallon of Maynies. Now I'm bringing.
Speaker 4: My god what really matters?
Speaker 1: Brought to you by ol lacycon Lens.
Speaker 4: All right, So the trade deadline yesterday in the major leagues, a couple of big names on the move, including former twin Luisa Rise to the Phillies.
Speaker 1: And then to the Phillies is going to move to the outfields. That's what I'm hearing. Ryan Harp, the guy that used to work for the Viking. That's the all right.
Speaker 4: I did not fact check this ma'am, this was just chat GPT. Okay, Louisa Rise this year hitting three twenty four.
Speaker 1: Do you know what his career averages? Johnny Bones, I think I do, so go for it. Yes, from three eighteen three eighteen. That is the correct answer, three eighteen. Great, who's been so average? So I asked chat GPT this. Somebody can fact check this and see how close it is to be incorrect.
Speaker 4: How many players in the history of baseball have finished their careers with adequate number of attempts?
Speaker 1: Now you didn't play for a.
Speaker 4: Week that finished their career hitting over three hundred, over three hundred career three.
Speaker 1: Hundred hitters in the history of baseball? How many? Really? Hard question? That's a good question.
Speaker 3: There's been thousands and thousands of players.
Speaker 4: Thousands and thousands nine Okay, what are you? Halverson Sauce. As soon as I say the number, somebody that has no time or sorry, the opposite strike that reverse it, that has plenty of time this morning, feel free to fact check this and tell me how how close this.
Speaker 1: Is, Sauce.
Speaker 4: History of Baseball Go eighty eighty, Chris one three one twenty three, Zachary fourd toy Yeah, crazy, guess yeah, according to jat GPT two hundred and ten, right two ten, it was super.
Speaker 9: Common, not super common, but it was. There's a reason that's sort of a benchmark that people aspire to. Now, it's real hard to hit three hundred. I don't know how many how many folks are even above three hundred at this point, So let me.
Speaker 4: Ask you this, this is this is this is borderline preposterous statement because this we're talking about Louisa Rise not like a fifty time runch him. He's had a three eighteen batting average for his career. If he ends up like in the three twenty somethingsh range for a career, is is that like, do you have to be in the Hall of Fame conversation?
Speaker 1: Or you do?
Speaker 4: You have to do so much more than just hit for three twenty five? Like, is the rest of his resume so poor that it's like, well, you just slap.
Speaker 1: Singles and it's just it's not enough, not.
Speaker 9: Even close to enough in twenty twenty, twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: You have to do so much.
Speaker 4: More, right, So if he had been a player with these numbers in nineties, then he's a Hall of Fame maybe.
Speaker 1: But now he's not even close. Isn't that crazy? Yeah, that's the case.
Speaker 4: It's uh he is what is he a three time batting champ though, like that helps a little bit, right cool? Yeah, Johnny Bones, here's his Let me tell me if tell me if this is close enough. He's twenty nine years old, forty career home runs, yes, three eighteen batting average three hundred and fifty one RBI, four time All Star, three time Batting Champ, two times Silver Slugger Award.
Speaker 1: I mean he is. He has a lot of career left.
Speaker 9: Probably the number one example of how how baseball has evolved over the last twenty five years has hurt his career more than you know what, just about anybody else, or at least probably maybe even more so over the last thirty or forty years.
Speaker 1: Uh you know he he.
Speaker 9: He hits, that's that's real valuable. But he doesn't hit for power. Even on top of that, he doesn't draw a lot of walks. He just pretends to put the ball in play. And the bigger part of the problem is he doesn't really have a home defensively now, you know, he.
Speaker 1: He walks at the speed of death.
Speaker 9: He uh, you know, had played second base for the Twins, they moved him to first base, and right now, I mean, I think this was a one year deal that he signed with the Giants, uh and it was a free agent again at the end of this year, And I don't think it was a particularly lucrative one year deal. He's just not the kind of guy that it's hard to find a place to play him other than first base or DH. And for first base or DH, he wants somebody who can hit the ball.
Speaker 1: Out of the park. Do you remember Moneyball?
Speaker 4: Though, when Jonah Hill and Brad Pitt were talking about why they liked I think it was Scott Haddeberg and because he gets on Jason Giambi.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was jimb He gets on bass. That's why he's valuable.
Speaker 4: Everybody would Louise Rise would he be a moneyball guy?
Speaker 9: Where his numbers look? That is, I mean, that is primarily what he does. He does it driven through batting average. The other thing is he hasn't been particularly healthy for his career, Like what's his what's if he had how many times? Has he had five hundred at bats? I don't even know five hundred plate appearances? He's you know, a little banged up throughout his career.
Speaker 1: You know what do I look like twins daily?
Speaker 9: Yeah, my guess. I mean that's the one thing he does. When you hit for three eighteen, you're gonna get on base at a three eighty clip probably for his career. And that is that is super valuable. It's going to be especially valuable with the Phillies when you're batting in front of Harper and.
Speaker 1: Knows. Yeah, who's who in the Phillies lineup?
Speaker 3: I think it's obvious, are you asking me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's Billy, Bob Thornton, Happy birthday, Birthday, Grete Gerwig Happy birthday.
Speaker 1: And Louis Armstrong Happy Birthday. What really matters is this.
Speaker 2: Is that, right, here's something for you in case you're ever wondering, and I know you are, Johnny Bones.
Speaker 1: This smell.
Speaker 2: You get when you cut into a human skull is aily similar to that of opening a fresh bag of Frito's.
Speaker 3: Oh, did I just have an episode?
Speaker 9: Specifically smell that you're talking?
Speaker 4: Did you just because of the smell of Friedo's. Oh, the idea of cutting open a human skull because Fridos are awesome, Freo's weal Friedo burrito O.
Speaker 1: God, I could go.
Speaker 4: For just an oversized, gigantic bag of fritos. I could just think of where I could get one. Go to the Costco here in Saint Louis Park, gets a male, go to the Cosco.
Speaker 6: Go to the Costco in Hawaii. Yeah, leave now, swim there. It's better experience than going to the one in Maple Grove. Yeah, never hated one of your takes. More, You've hated plenty of everything.
Speaker 1: That's true. Yeah, that's a good point. Was that preposterous statement.
Speaker 6: Said two things that I've ever said that You're like, that's pretty good, Paul I liked that.
Speaker 1: I get back to Yeah, take as much time as you want. He's gonna text meally eleven thirty. I can't think of it. Good night. I mean, we have hated like three of the same people on and off air. That's why. That's how we bought it the first time. Yeah, we realized we were friends. We both hated the way a guy hate shirts at a wolve's game.
Speaker 4: True story, that's how we That was our stepbrother's moment. We're not exaggerating. We realized we were similar. When we're like, God, I hate that guy.
Speaker 1: Do you know him. No, I just hate the way he throws T shirts. True story. Yes, did we just become best friends? Yep. It was probably one of the thirty Wolves games we went to. Got it. Just hated it.
Speaker 4: It was a look on his face, the way that he threw, yeah, the way that he tried to pump up the crowd, every single piece of I just like, I would hate this guy if he was neighbor, my brother, my coworker, my therapist.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this guy sucks in Paulding.
Speaker 4: I think he sucks too, And I'm like, good, all right, I'm gonna remember this. So when you asked me August fourth of twenty twenty six, have I ever said something you agree with? I'm gonna remember this moment. T shirt guy, T shirt guy. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Hey, we have a giant extension in the NFL. Go on uh Bjeon Robinson is signing a three year, seventy five million dollar max value contract twenty five million a year. Obviously he gets a whopping fifty one million guaranteed.
Speaker 4: I think, like, why did they say max value? There's no max contract in football. No, it has the max vowel, the max Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 6: So fifty one guaranteed. I think he gets like thirty something million of it right away at side.
Speaker 4: Right, So it wasn't a isn't Saquon like in the twenty ish range. And they were saying, Jamiir, Gibbs and Bjeon, we're going to break that number.
Speaker 1: And obviously now we're talking twenty five a year.
Speaker 4: Twenty five all right, So if Bijon signed j Jamiir is going to be right behind him. Yep, probably with a very similar number, Yes, sir, all right. What really matters though, is this, I just did the thing. Yeah, but then Sausage his thing, and I agree with everything Sauce says, except for the Costco and Maple Grove.
Speaker 2: Individuals who feel goosebumps while listening to music. Is that's a unique brain structure that sets them apart. Those who experienced this phenomenon have a higher number of neural connections linking their auditory cortex to regions associated with.
Speaker 1: It's blocked on my computer another one of those starterbute paywalls. He pays for that.
Speaker 2: Emotional damnit processing, linking their auditory cortex to regions associated with emotional processing.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna lie and say that happens to me all the time. But I absolutely remember the last time it happened to me because it was about a week ago. I had not listened to the pot by Tool in a while, and it just hit me and I had the goosebumps on the back of my neck, and I'm like, God, this song. Why don't I listen to this song all the time. So it probably hasn't happened in months, but about one week ago, Tool pot, I don't think it's gonna have the hair on the back of my next stand up, But do you know what makes my hair on the back of my next stand up?
Speaker 1: Tool?
Speaker 4: But nobody say anything for a second, So this is nice and clean for audio for the rest of the time.
Speaker 1: Tool really does it. From me, it really does. Tool moves the meter move something.
Speaker 3: Be careful it hurts your wrist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh, Zachy love Tool. Yeah, we don't.
Speaker 4: I'd like to see more Tool. Like at the sphere in Las Vegas. We're imagine, oh, for God's sake, and we're gonna wrist t shirt throwers the whole flight there and the whole flight back stead of You're going right.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure I'm invited.
Speaker 1: You're invited. That's that.
Speaker 4: I would definitely empty my bank account for it. You're invited, hugs, Well, you'll pay.
Speaker 2: For it, right, No, Johnny beastbones, Yeah, beans, boons that go on johny Be's bones.
Speaker 1: Do you want to go see some tool in Vegas again? You can go to Vegas with us? Sure? Can you imagine? Excited about Vegas? Bonus would say, giddy up?
Speaker 3: Can you get a hooker and make some mistakes?
Speaker 4: Just you know how much I would pay just to see the bridge to stink fist at the sphere.
Speaker 1: That's a real sentence that I was sincere about. You know, you give me the.
Speaker 4: Bridge a stink fist man, Jack Daniels, Yeah, your MIC's am I right, you're not wrong.
Speaker 1: Last thirty years, Oh it's more than that. Now, last forty years? Almost?
Speaker 4: No, it's thirty No, hey, I when did when did? When did Anama come out? Mid nineties ninety seven? Ninety eight?
Speaker 1: All right, so thirty years.
Speaker 4: Stinkfist is the top ten song last thirty years to or false?
Speaker 1: Ninety six ninety six true or false? Exactly thirty years true or false? Top ten song last thirty years. Yeah, definitely is.
Speaker 6: That album has nothing but slammers, stink fisted whales, eulogy Whales out of ten forty six and two whales a plus Hawk's favorite song Hooker with a Penis is a great song.
Speaker 1: You mean Tommy's favorite song?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: That's an obvious Tommy joke. And you went to Chris. Yeah, well, I was just seeing if you was listening.
Speaker 6: To Oh yeah, that whole album whales Man.
Speaker 4: No, I'm gonna not hand ripped the music for a second. I'm gonna be thinking about Tool all day, sing it. Zach's gonna need another risk guard.
Speaker 1: Zach, are you with us?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you have a risk guard on? I just got lost in the Tool converse.
Speaker 3: Then, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 1: Yeap, what I want?
Speaker 7: I want to know?
Speaker 1: You know who's gonna love that song on Thursday? Tommy?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, the news is next, Crystal walk us through that. Marning, you should be here in a second. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the Fan. Sent it.
Speaker 1: From the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Verizon Business. Good morning, We have delayed