Speaker 1: Joint Meat Sauce this Sunday for a Vikings watch party unlike any other at the all new hop hops at.
Speaker 2: Mystic Lake Casino.
Speaker 1: Don't miss a minute of the action on the giant wall TV displays. Enjoy the best seats, food and beverages, trivia and prize grip giveaways all game long. It's hosted by Meat Sauce. The party kicks off at Neil. Get the details at kf an dot com prey calendar.
Speaker 3: I don't have interested in that because I'm wondering, how are we going to do our meat Sauce in hawk bit with mussy? If you're gonna be at the the old casino.
Speaker 2: The old telephone saucer or noon, I'll come in here and do it and then go.
Speaker 3: Oh so you're gonna make it from here to Mystic Lake in in an hour?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, good, look at you. I like that.
Speaker 5: I like dedication.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You guys think I don't care, but I care a lot. Are you guys gonna gamble there? I will probably not, Oh you will. To your name is.
Speaker 1: Listening, he'll probably one as well, and so probably one one. Yeah, he'll one into Her name is Kelly. No, she will probably not be going. No, but does she know that you're gambling? Is that why you're trying to act like you're not gambling?
Speaker 2: No, I gamble responsibly. She I can tell her you have a problem. I do not not anymore. Yeah, that was my favorite. Not anymore.
Speaker 5: I don't four.
Speaker 2: Grand'll fix that pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: There's a there's a new commercial out there. It features one mcullay culkin and he's wrapping things in his uh in the front yard of the home alone house because he's worried about his mom.
Speaker 5: Listen to this.
Speaker 2: I'm just worried about mom being by herself, you know, unless she falls down or takes none in and never didn't catch itself.
Speaker 6: Benishables slayer, we'll call you back here a jumping one.
Speaker 2: Aren't you sorry? I thought you were this old man Marley. That's my Graham's that's all this. My mom's getting older. Have you tried talking to it about getting a little help. I'm afraid to bring it up. It's not easy. How do you feel about family is a complicated thing?
Speaker 6: How is that it's truly your grandfather that he's the eye the boots?
Speaker 2: So if you nailed it, like down to the icy stare and then yeah.
Speaker 3: It's crazy how much he still looks like mcaulay culkin. Yeah, it's a cool commercial. It is a good commercial. And he was in that h John Candy documentary that was my goodness, and that's tough. It's incredible too with his upbringing, how normal and how well adjusted he is.
Speaker 2: It's Sam.
Speaker 1: You've seen the horror stories of children in Hollywood, and he's He's the exception of that role.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 5: Was super grass.
Speaker 2: What's your problem?
Speaker 5: Rosie? Just saw the documentary? You still shocked by it? Quiet? Yeah, I agree? Kessler. Zach was making a point.
Speaker 6: I heard your Christmas speech yesterday, Hawk.
Speaker 2: That was well done. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: I appreciate it. I appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah you really, you really dug deep and touched some feelings.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 6: That's the Yeah, you spread a good message.
Speaker 2: Thank you. How about a blunt.
Speaker 7: Here?
Speaker 2: Do you feel like it took you this year? Do you write that speech?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 3: I wrote that one essentially on Saturday, and then I edited it three different times. But I had a different one wrote that I destroyed and then it started all over again.
Speaker 2: So I didn't like it.
Speaker 3: It was exactly the same as last year's kind of you know, and I don't want to do that, And so I came up with a new ankle and and right I took it from there. And then I realized I didn't have much about Christmas in there, so I I had to like add some Christmas stuff. And then I wanted to I wanted to mention Lionel and so I did, and uh and then I wanted to mention Holly and I did and.
Speaker 2: Uh, quiet.
Speaker 6: Sorry, I let you and you talked about people just being kinder to each other.
Speaker 3: Kindered each other, and letting your your children know that they matter, you know, and uh, reminding them that being in the real world matters.
Speaker 2: Too, right, it does, all right?
Speaker 7: Damn it?
Speaker 5: Woman, dude?
Speaker 6: Did you then decorate your place for Christmas? I have inside outside us.
Speaker 5: A inside right now, I'm gonna wait a a daba and I when she uh comes home.
Speaker 3: Uh not this weekend. The next weekend, We're going to do the outside. I got to get rid of the skeletons that are still in my sports right now. I know the ones in my closet, They're going to stay there. Those guys don't come out.
Speaker 2: Tommy is in there. Oh god, he's trying to bang a skeleton like the Beezer.
Speaker 7: Hell, I thought the beez Are banged a ghost. Yeah, skeleton, ghosts, same thing.
Speaker 2: Not the same thing at some balls.
Speaker 7: In fact, the exact obvious, because the ghost would have essentially nothing to grab onto.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 7: Right, pee wee it skeleton has you know, no pee wee bones. Okay, So but it was a ghost though, right, Yeah, it was a ghost. He claimed he slept of the ghost. He's all, man, I'm pretty sure he just saw Dan Aykroyd and Ghostbusters and thought it was him.
Speaker 2: Made women. Yeah, talk about it, pet, he crushed her? Is he sober?
Speaker 5: Well, she's all bones?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Probably really, I mean, no, it was the Beezer. No, the beaser was high on something. Probably you just made that up, didn't you. Yes, it was a lady ghost. Yes, the power of the purse who made the first urse? Probably the Beezer. Chat Abbott, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Chat makes sense, think about it, it does?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 7: So the Beezer in front of him, the Beezer sees a ghost and he believes it's a it's a real ghost. Yeah, And instead of running in terror or documenting or filming it in any way right or finding a way to prove that this thing exists. His first instinct was, sure, we go, probably to sleep with it. Here we go, we'll see what happened.
Speaker 2: I think that was always the Beezer's mentellit ghost. Yeah, you don't know.
Speaker 5: What was the name of the ghost squishy?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't think he ever said that ghosts what? Oh yeah, why is that guy falling?
Speaker 4: That was the ghost?
Speaker 2: All right? Should we do Fan five?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I forgot about what time. It was my fault.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: It's time Van five on the Power Trip, presented by Builders and Remodelers Builders.
Speaker 7: Wolves star Anthony Edwards has been cleared to return to practice.
Speaker 2: Still can't play eight.
Speaker 7: He's been out for over a week with the hamstring straining marns but not exactly sure what the timeline is. But he is getting back into contact, back into practice.
Speaker 2: That's good news, that's big news.
Speaker 6: The Wolves have kind of just been treading water without him, as you would without your superstar. So they play tomorrow night in New York against the Knicks and then back home Friday against Utah, and that's an NBA Cup game, as you know.
Speaker 2: Those are important? Well, can I make one point? Zach and and myself were in Abbot's office. Was this yesterday? Zach?
Speaker 7: Yes, it was yesterday. And Chad's kind of he's trying to come up with liners for the station, you know, like, uh, tonight, I'm the fan. And he goes, hey, is the Wolves are playing the next on Wednesday? Like is Cat healthy?
Speaker 2: Like what is he going to play?
Speaker 7: Like what's the deal? And Zach goes, you're asking us, yeah, the two of us, and I go, I don't know, I don't know. I thought it'd ask I think he is a hawk? Is Cat playing tomorrow and Chris or not? That would have been the best if Zach and Chris and he goes, is Cat healthy? As cat playing on Wednesday?
Speaker 2: Playing?
Speaker 7: What basketball? So Marnie, we should ask you cat healthy? Cat's playing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 7: So if Chad, if you want those liners to run, yes, Karl Anthony Towns will play tomorrow night against.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but then a game against Utah is the Cup game?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes, man?
Speaker 6: And I mean you would like to think that the Wolves could win that pretty handedly, even without Anthony Edwards. But that'd be a great time to have him back and then they then there are two more road games before they come.
Speaker 2: Back home, so and one of those is actually Utah.
Speaker 6: Just having Cat back is you know, we got to get hold and we have we don't know what we have no Cat back, thank you.
Speaker 2: And look Kat right there on my.
Speaker 6: Screen having back, because we don't really even know what we have in this team now. Granted, yes, we've played seven games and there are a lot of teams who don't know what they have, but when we have been missing half the season, small sample size, we just don't know how how soon we're supposed to panic.
Speaker 2: And that's that's important.
Speaker 6: Information for every fan, right max O, Yes, ma'am.
Speaker 7: And it wasn't last year a good example though, of like this team is good enough once we get in and who knows, right, like the.
Speaker 2: Wars didn't look great last year, trying to test that theory. I don't want to test that theory at all.
Speaker 7: I would love them to dominate, But I mean, as long as your healthy come postseason, anything's possible with this team.
Speaker 9: Okay, Well, isn't that part of what helped them last year is they were healthy? Other teams were not exactly right? Probably helped a bit more, yes, sir, And then the Lakers got their butts kicked by us. And then they basically said.
Speaker 2: Oh, we were playing with fractured Tibbia's all game. Every excuse in the book has no shame. No, they do not, ye, Johnny Bones.
Speaker 7: We haven't had a chance to talk about it, even though I think I teased it about an hour and a half ago over the weekend. Honestly, one of the greatest World Series games of all time, it happened to be the clincher.
Speaker 2: It was Game seven.
Speaker 7: It had absolutely everything, and it extra means dramatic home runs, unbelievable plays, whether it's the collision in left center field or the play at the plate that was a fraction of a second late otherwise toront Win, I mean so much play at the.
Speaker 9: Play where the guy didn't run through the place, said that would it have been faster?
Speaker 4: Yes? I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 9: And then, by the way, the Dodgers did the same thing the next next half inning, so both teams did not run through home plate in that per day on a forced play at home plate.
Speaker 3: But then if if it's not faster to slide in the home plate why do you slide into any plate?
Speaker 6: Well, sudden, because if it's a tag if you have to be tagged out.
Speaker 9: So no, because if if you run through second base you're alive, you can be you can be you can be tagged.
Speaker 2: If you run through home, you're safe. Okay, the first is the same thing. The guys that dive headfirst into first base. You think you have just slowed yourself down.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's not, especially the Dodger's case. I don't think he would have been safe either way. In the Blue Jays case, I thought he might be safe, and you have just run right through it.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm going to ask your question the next.
Speaker 5: At the finish line of their horses, then, yeah, aren't you? I'm serious? Like, it seems to me that you'd be faster if you jump towards the base feet first.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like Ricky Bobby and whatever his name, Jean Gerard or whatever from Talladega Knights where they both jump for the finish line.
Speaker 2: That's the same, perfect, perfect analogy.
Speaker 7: All right, let me ask you the question just to try to get everybody pissed at you at Twins Daily dot com.
Speaker 5: Okay, which ways you vote last year?
Speaker 7: Is the twenty twenty five World Series better than nineteen ninety one. Absolutely, I mean absolutely not take that, Corey. I mean, I think it's an easy argument either way. It's subjected in the conversation for sure. Maybe in the conversation, but no, uh, maybe one had. I think if we take a look back at ninety one, you will see how many of those games ended up being decided in the last inning, last uh, you know, last pitch, et cetera. But about eighteen, yeah, they didn't have the eighteen inning game. That's a fair fair point. That might be one of the most spine tingling games ever. I mean that's in terms of just straight, you know, non deciding games. That was probably one of the top ones of all time. But yeah, I mean I probably certainly I'm gonna recognize that I have a bias on this, But no, I didn't think what.
Speaker 2: About Game seven by itself? Better Game seven? Name one again, I would choose ninety one.
Speaker 9: I mean, there is that was a I mean, it was fun to kind of seeing if the Dodgers could come back from this, But this didn't have the tension throughout it that a zero zero game has through ten innings. And I'll also say, if you take a if you go back and watch inning seven, eight, nine, ten, and how many times either a team made a play, especially in the field, to end up keeping that or another team or a team made a mistake that you know, or couldn't come through in what was a clutch situation. I think it matches and or exceeds what we saw.
Speaker 2: In this game.
Speaker 6: That catch in left field where the center fielder came over because the left fielder was doing the Willie Mays over the.
Speaker 2: Shield, Oh my god, and probably going to drop it.
Speaker 7: Well, never know if he was going to catch it or not, but that was he made that catch look a lot more difficult than it.
Speaker 9: It looked like it was gonna be a disaster because you ended to have the game over. Yeah right, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 7: But then the dude that they had just pulled off the bench, right, Paz is that how you say, Yeah, just snipes it and he's like nine feet tall, so he just reaches up and crashes into the game, catches it.
Speaker 2: Well, unbelievably pretty crazy.
Speaker 9: I mean, it was a fantastic series. It was really fun to see how both teams leaned into their entire pitching staffs. In uh staff in Game seven where you know how many Dodgers had three or four starters pitching relief in that Game seven, and ultimately the Blue Jays kind of ended up going there too. They've had a more reliable bullpen that they used earlier, you know, ended up. I didn't feel like either team. I felt like both teams deserved to win at the end of it, and it's just one team ended up two champions and one is one had to win.
Speaker 2: And it was a fun, fun, fun fact.
Speaker 6: On the broadcasting side, a guy who directs a lot of wild games, Matt Gangele directed the World Series again and has many times. And one of our graphics operators slash producers for the Timberwolves, Mike me is the graphics operator, the lead graphics operator for.
Speaker 2: The World Series. Just talking to him yesterday. Just came back.
Speaker 6: Wow on the crew for one of the greatest, greatest World Series in history.
Speaker 2: Pretty cool. It was a super fun series.
Speaker 9: And I'll just say this, I think for you to say that's one of the best ones ever makes perfect sense because we forget until each postseason. Again, I'm biased, there is not a better postseason than baseball postseason. It goes baseball, hockey, basketball, football. In terms of the pure drama of a postseason run, nothing beats baseball because it's every night.
Speaker 2: Every night, everything changes.
Speaker 9: You will go through the highs and lows that you go through in that are unlike any other sport, any other drug you're ever going to take. If you are invested in both teams, and the tension and drama that builds up from pitch to pitch to pitch that you just sit there and watch, you know, the smallest things.
Speaker 2: So thank you for honesty, Jonathan Grinard. In a second or two, we'll do headlines later. This is the Power Trip morning. Joe on the Fan.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, kfan would like to welcome Trans Siberian Orchestra. Were two amazing shows at Target Center on December twenty eighth at three o'clock and at seven point thirty.
Speaker 2: Tickets are on sale now.
Speaker 1: I'll get the full show details, including a link to buy those tickets at kfane dot com cared calendar.
Speaker 3: That's right, buddy, Thanks Echo Marns. Yeah, Bones, thank you. We expecting at any moment Jonathan Grenarble. You know he should be calling in any.
Speaker 6: Moments that you've been coming back with some Christmas music.
Speaker 5: Now yet that I should You're right, I should.
Speaker 2: Know what you know what season it is? I rack snw he spellin as a camelar, saying.
Speaker 5: You know that one, that one's too new, one that is not in the public domain.
Speaker 7: But the beautiful thing about how you just saying it is there's no way it's going to get scanned in.
Speaker 2: Is the real thing? That was awesome?
Speaker 7: So that that costs us zero moneyome fantastic welcome. Uh?
Speaker 2: So you want to do headlines until Grenard calls in.
Speaker 10: I can't think of anything I'd rather do now Christmas Carols headlines friends at a Wolf River Electric and a wolf Riverelectric dot com go solar with solar panels.
Speaker 2: Thanks for my friends, Thanks dude, Wolf River Electric are the best man. Oh that's kind.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 7: You guys do smelling salts a lot of Fridays right before Initials.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'll do right now.
Speaker 7: Derek Sheldon, new Twins manager Johnny Bones playing Initials on Friday, and that'd be cool to meet him.
Speaker 2: Heard nothing but good things about him. Great dude.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: According to a recent study, though a bite, one bite if dark chocolate could sharpen your memory for an hour?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 7: So maybe instead of smelling salts, maybe about I don't know, seven thirty seven forty five, just small piece of dark chocolate, darkest possible chocolate chocolate you can get, going, get it the target?
Speaker 5: Like, if you eat more, are you sharper? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I'm not sure though. Apparently you just need a little bit, just one hit.
Speaker 6: I heard you say again that chocolate tastes weird.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 6: Did you get any Halloween candy? Was there anything that triggered this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly right. I had a rest cup and it didn't taste right. It just doesn't taste right to me anymore, and nobody else seems to be complaining about it, so it has to just be me. It doesn't taste the same, and it's all chocolate.
Speaker 2: It's just chocolate, all chocolate.
Speaker 5: I used to eat, you know, a little, a little Hershey drops. Do you guys ever see the bags of Hershey I used to literally eat them by the bag. I love them so much. I don't know maymore. They don't taste good. I don't know what the deal is.
Speaker 3: It tastes weird, like artificial. Maybe it's good though. Maybe it'll add years in my life, but it took away joy. All the joy, all the joy in my life is gone.
Speaker 4: That was it. That was.
Speaker 5: I had no idea that it was chocolate.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry, you're what. I'm sorry, Jordan apologizing. Is it other Kenny like Stu Skittles?
Speaker 5: No, Nope, Nope, like specifically chucklate, just specifically.
Speaker 7: Ch Here's an interesting theory, marns. I don't know why I'm throwing this at you, but you're a female, and Rosie taught me to ask lady questions to ladies. Why I think this was interesting. I don't know if this is true or not, but I want your take. Reese Witherspoon, or as Jordan Bianki would say, rethe Witherspoon. Reese says modern dating has been hurt by the decline in blank.
Speaker 2: A modern hard to guess, Hard to guess, but you might you might have figured this out.
Speaker 7: Reese Witherspoon says modern dating has been hurt by the decline in hey, let me let me let me word it a little bit differently.
Speaker 2: I would say alcohol consumption.
Speaker 7: Reese Witherspoon says modern dating has been hurt by the decline in.
Speaker 2: The number of in person interactions.
Speaker 6: Can be restaurants, movie theaters, keep going down that path.
Speaker 2: Okay, bowlings, No, stay with the movie theme. Okay, comedies. Romantic comedies is the right answer.
Speaker 7: She claims thinks that is hurting modern dating, that there aren't as many romantic comedies.
Speaker 6: Only she knew an actress who could be in, or a producer who could produce more rom cons.
Speaker 2: She's been in one or two or three or four?
Speaker 6: Right, yeah, man, Sweet Home Alabama. Oh what a great movie.
Speaker 5: I heard mister Young sing about it.
Speaker 7: Huh oh way so far quick update. Nobody cares, but I already started my sentence as a returning back. I have yet to start hate watching the latest season of Morning Show.
Speaker 5: I don't know why you won't watch Chad Powers well, because I.
Speaker 7: Know I'm not gonna like that very It's very unlikely that I like that. I know I'm gonna hate Morning Show. It's still going exactly put that baby to bed. But I mean, I've had two people say, oh my god, You're gonna absolutely hate this, and I'm like, I've hated like the last three seasons, the first.
Speaker 2: After that. It Man, it's a bad turn off a cliff. I don't know anyone.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I'm still watching it and I was genuinely serious.
Speaker 2: It's not still going because it's not good. But there you, there you are.
Speaker 7: I might start got Billy krudup though. It's got a million people that I think are fantastic. That's what's frustrating. Yes, Jennifer Anderson Reese with Bacon, Tim Bacon Baconfest.
Speaker 6: What do you think they think when they're reading these scripts? Are they like me, know this is terrible?
Speaker 2: I don't know if they think that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 7: I honestly love almost the entire cast. That's what's pissing me off the most. Here's something Chris likes. Kim Kardashian apparently appeared in nothing but body Paint on a recent magazine cover.
Speaker 5: Not interesting.
Speaker 7: I don't know which magazine cover, but I'm sure Google can help you out with that pretty quickly.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not interested, but I'll take a lot.
Speaker 7: She didn't break the internet this time? That still a phrase. Do people still say that that she broke the internet?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Zach is our definitive judge on that all right.
Speaker 7: We all know how how anything animal related Peter jumps on because that's just their brand, right, We've got to defend animals at all costs, even if it seems ridiculous. We have to just play that card. Are you guys familiar with the group one Million Moms? Damn right, you still got a long way to go, buddy. One Million Moms is a American family association. They basically are trying to make sure that that you know, everything's on the up and nice. They complain all the time. This is maybe the most preposterous thing I've ever heard. There's a new category and wheel of Fortune that they are pissed about. It's called What the Fun? Oh come on, how dare we come on? The group says, Unfortunately, the recently added puzzle category What the Fun aims at a mature, modern audience with insinuated profanity, making it no longer longer suitable for family viewing.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, in today's society, swearing should be the least of your worries.
Speaker 7: They added, quote deliberately chosen A will has deliberately chosen to include controversial categories instead of wholesome ones. Wheel producers do not care about what children hear. Everyone knows kids repeat what they hear. Insinuated profanity in any show is extremely disrespectful. The family's wheel should remain, sorry, maintain its original design.
Speaker 2: Insinuated profanity is headlining the good one.
Speaker 7: So they started a petition one and by the way, keyword here, one million moms started a petition. As of last night. How many signatures did they have one? It's not it's twelve thousand. I mean, look, this is a fine line, but I'm gonna walk it because the sentence already started in those no turning back.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: The kids that were this sheltered were the ones that ended up being the weirdest, right, it's it's I know, these moms think they're protecting their kids, they're actually making it so hard to integrate with adult society. The weirdest kids were the ones that were sheltered from Wheel of Fortune.
Speaker 2: Right, Wait till that kid hits the real world, he's screwed. He or she is completely screw Well, why are you so weird?
Speaker 7: Well, my mom won't let me watch Wheel of Fortune because one of the categories was what the fun. Yeah, let's ask Jonathan Gernard if he watches Wheel of fortune?
Speaker 2: Shall we y? What if he says no because of that category? I bet he does.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 2: This is Sarah Jorm I've got Jonathan Gernard on the other line. Thank you. You bet she's I wonder if she watches Wheel of Fortune?
Speaker 5: I bet she does.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Jonathan.
Speaker 4: Here is how are you? I'm great, I'm great. Great. How's everybody to do it? Good?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 7: Do you let your family watch Wheel of Fortune? Because they added a category called what the fun? And I'm offended.
Speaker 8: I actually I used to be the one watching uh Will of Fortune all the time, so yeah, they made join it, but I was definitely want to watch it all the time growing up.
Speaker 2: Man, I love game shows.
Speaker 7: Part of the reason I was single for most of my twenties I watched a lot of Game show Network? Do you have as the reason? Part of the reason was I was addicted to Game show Network? Jonathan, do you have a famoue favorite a game show of all time?
Speaker 8: Between Family Feud and Will Fortu? And that they're definitely up there. But I mean, if if it gives you any hope, I mean my wife except me as a video gamer, so there may be a little bit of hopeing there some some if it was back then. So uh, she did not notice she was getting into Man a full fledged gamer on our hands either.
Speaker 2: So there's no turning back. Now. What games do you play or did you play? Say it again, what games did you play or do you play?
Speaker 8: Initially Man, I was a big sports game, but all the Maddens, all the NBA two k's and then now obviously I played the Call of Duties. And I mean, honestly, if you think of a thinking of any game most times, and everybody that's pretty popular, I'm pretty much playing it.
Speaker 2: Who's the who's the best gamer on the team?
Speaker 4: That's tough man.
Speaker 8: Shoot Byron Murphy's up there, shoot Jets is up there. He can he can play some two k's good a little bit. Or me and Byron we always play Call the Duty. So I can see that I'm in this plan. I mean, that's a pretty solid game.
Speaker 4: Is like this.
Speaker 8: I like to take Kate when it comes to the Madden and you know the nc double a stuff and you know, to Call of Duty.
Speaker 4: I can let somebody else take and rank for that. But yeah, we got a good bit of Jonathan.
Speaker 3: Stay with me for a second. It's a long wait to get to a question. But I'm doing my best here. When I was high school football player, there was only one person on the entire team that could snap the ball to the punter, and it was me. And I was terrible at it and I hated it. And I did it probably twenty times my senior year, and I did it badly about ten of those twenty times. The worst part was that every time I did it badly, every person in America it felt like saw me do it poorly. And I was very embarrassed when you jumped off sides on that short time and everybody in America is watching that play and you're the one that jumped off sides.
Speaker 5: How does that feel?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean it doesn't feel the greatest. But in the day, I couldn't just sit there and cry about it. So it's like people wanted me to beat myself up. Yeah, it definitely can't happen, but yeah it is what it is. One my first normal last time. So that keep we gotta keep playing ball well.
Speaker 3: And not a hard count too. I mean that was a crazy hard count that he did. Pete Bursch was talking about that on the broadcast, that Goff's really.
Speaker 2: Good at that.
Speaker 8: I mean, it's more so on me than them. Honestly, I knew the situation, but I just took a gamble thinking that they are They're fortune and five that of course they could get the penalty and get a first down. But I'm not thinking they're gonna go out like that. I'm thinking they're gonna at least try to run the play and be a man and try to score.
Speaker 4: But but I get it.
Speaker 8: I'll take the penalty if they want to take a little short route. They still left with three points from their driving, so I'm not worried.
Speaker 2: And to Chris's point, and I'm not just defending you, Jonathan.
Speaker 7: You were the one that jumped the most off side, but if you go back and watch that play, almost the entire defensive line jumped, so like whatever GoF did, it definitely worked.
Speaker 2: But you were just the one on the end that everybody saw.
Speaker 8: I mean, you gotta think, man, they can call penalties on us for you know, making the signal to shift our d line and may think like we're calling their plays, but the quarterback and center they can do a dummy count and flash their hands, snap their head up super fast. That just they're not trying to draw us off sides.
Speaker 4: Either, So it's supposed to go both ways. But at the end of the day, listen, it's.
Speaker 8: The game we played, So they can do all that stuff, but we're gonna be the ones get called.
Speaker 9: So I'm not worried, yeah about you lining up in chemino sides there, Like, it's felt like a lot of the this week's game plan had you. You had a lot of opportunities to roam in their backfield. It's felt like that you were not being asked to be dropped back or you know, be a safety back there you were, you were You got to play behind the defensive line on a pretty regular base or behind the offensive line on a pretty pretty regular basis.
Speaker 2: Is that you get more excited about.
Speaker 9: Are there certain responsibilities that you have from week to week that you get more excited about than other weeks? Are certain game plans that you get revved up about?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean yeah, you probably get you get a little feeling in sutimes, may see a match up you like, but you know, you get those opportunities and you get to kind of dictate that whenever you're you know, in the win column or a plus five hundred column, but we were going into three and four man. We were below the five hundred belt man. So honestly, I didn't care what we had to do and.
Speaker 4: What I had to do.
Speaker 8: I was just gonna do whatever it took for the team to win, honestly. So even if we had a little matchup out there that we like, we understood the game plan and where we wanted to tack those guys. So that's what the selflessness parts come in, where we got a lot of guys on the team that do that and understand and listen, it ain't always about you, It's about just.
Speaker 4: Trying to win the game.
Speaker 8: And I think that's we had a good plan to executed well and I linebackers see it off of the boys.
Speaker 4: So they won that matchup.
Speaker 2: So we got a double Jonathan. Last week, you played a quarterback where you know where he will be this week, Lamar Jackson is all over the field. He breaks contain a lot. What is the game plan going into this week against the quarterback that is not going to be just sitting there in the pocket.
Speaker 8: Well, first, we got to stop the run. I think when we stopped to run, that'll be able to get us to you know, a situation where he can be a third and long and we now we can kind of pin our ears and call some things up, but the state continues to get you know, a favorable magic on their side as far as the favorable third down with the third and short. When they're ahead of the sticks with third and five or something like that, that's when he really becomes dangerous because not only do you have to worry about, you know, him throwing it into a certain window. I mean, he needs to take it off running for not just those five yards, we can make it even longer. So stuff like that is the things that it's going to be. Keep our victories just stopping that run so we can try to get him in those third and long as much as possible.
Speaker 4: It gives ourselves the best sense, Hey.
Speaker 6: Nardog as fans watching at home, it is really fun when we get a little bit of a peek behind the curtain. And the vikings will often post on social media, like Kevin O'Connell's post game speech from the locker room and throwing out the game balls. And this week there was video that we got to see of JJ McCarthy coming into the locker room right after the game for the first time, and the first thing he did was run right up to you and chest bump you.
Speaker 2: Can you just describe the.
Speaker 6: Amount of energy slash intensity that JJ plays with and the way that he brings it out in other people plays with and celebrates with.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I gotta tell everybody, Man, Jada, it's such a god. It's it's such a guy that's hard not to root for. I mean, when he does all the things the right way, treatment rehab, you know, all the adversity of space, and he doesn't switch up to tother person. He is still come and ask how you doing?
Speaker 4: Genuinely.
Speaker 8: I said that last time when I was before the people asked about him, like he genuinely cares about how you how you're doing. And he just had his son, so we always been talking.
Speaker 4: Back and forth.
Speaker 8: I'm always asking how a little man doing. You know, Roman, I got a nephew named Roman as well, So seeing how he's just drawing up man and and handling everything, and obviously he sees it all, he hears it all, and he may not try to pay attention to it all, but he definitely knows what's going on. He knows the outside knows you speaking know, you know, meet sout out there saying we're gonna get beat fifty five or whatever it is. Yeah, we did to play man. We all go ride with that and understand that we got a change full of underdogs. So we're not used to being the top dogs all the time. And I think that we're working to be sustaining that success and understanding what comes with that. But having underdogs is always going to be that, you know, our the little catalyst for us to be able to push through these type of the game your board.
Speaker 5: Material that Yeah, jn it's like Christmas, you just gave us the best.
Speaker 8: Prosper I don't know that he was.
Speaker 4: I don't know he was a fan of us, And now I don't know. I'll just.
Speaker 7: Saw how badly are the Ravens going to beat the Vikings on Sunday?
Speaker 4: I don't think that.
Speaker 8: Just go ahead and say fifty five whatever it is again, that may be our good look.
Speaker 4: That up, Gonse.
Speaker 8: I'd rather say keep it to sift and that's what I can respect that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't lose fifty five to ten? How many how many yards?
Speaker 7: Well, how many times will Lamar Jackson run right past Jonathan.
Speaker 4: Our say one hundred times.
Speaker 2: No, sorry, every time, every time. Oh my gosh, that is your dude, you're the best.
Speaker 7: Good luck man again, it's Lamar's gonna it's it's gonna be unbelievable. He's a he's a tough guy to catch, obviously, but hopefully you get your hands on him.
Speaker 2: A couple of times. Good luck man, talk to you next week.
Speaker 4: Oh wait, thank you so much.
Speaker 5: It goes thanks.
Speaker 2: That's the five to ten. Yeah, bulletin board material. They heard it. You mean Sam Newton probably told them Sam, Sam.
Speaker 7: Somebody who's like Sauce said fifty five to ten to look on your.
Speaker 2: Face, Sauce, not.
Speaker 5: Like the teas are coming up and saying this paper looks sick like this paper.
Speaker 4: Have.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my god, that was the greatest moment of all time.
Speaker 2: That sauaid fifty five or whatever. I deserve that man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're right. Somebody tell you, because you know he would listen to the.
Speaker 2: Pregame, So somebody somebody told Sam. For sure, it's got to be Sam, which is I deserve that man.
Speaker 4: That was good, all right.
Speaker 7: A couple of things to wrap up the day, Back to headlines, Thanks again to Jonathan Gnard never beat the bike.
Speaker 2: Yeah that guy.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 7: I don't know if I buy this, but we're gonna throw this out there because this is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: What percentage of Americans claim they have slept with their boss.
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 5: Chad's kind of a hooker?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 2: This is kind of nuts. I don't I don't buy this, but we'll see.
Speaker 5: Thirty five.
Speaker 2: A lot, fourteen, twenty seven.
Speaker 6: I mean, realistically, it should be like five, right, five percent.
Speaker 2: Want to raise or not? Nine percent? I think that's an astronomical number.
Speaker 7: It should be lower than that, but almost one what basically one and eleven say yeah, slept with my boss.
Speaker 6: Yep, And I wonder if it's it's more common if the.
Speaker 7: Boss is a lady or a man. Rosie says those things don't exist lady bosses.
Speaker 2: Okay, John, I don't know why you have the best chance of this, but I'm gonna ask you. You seem like you're a guy that can break this down. There's a random staff for you. But I didn't. Uh, I don't think we've ever talked about this.
Speaker 4: Maybe we have.
Speaker 7: The Pledge of Allegiance was originally created as a marketing scheme to blank the Pledge of Allegiance was originally created as a marketing scheme to do what.
Speaker 2: Sell cereal sell You're on the right path, obviously, to sell two eggs. Whoa raise money?
Speaker 9: Raise money for as to people or for the reasons to who are they selling?
Speaker 2: Audience?
Speaker 6: Sell flags, Christians, widow's kids.
Speaker 2: School schools.
Speaker 7: She originally created a help sell flags to public schools.
Speaker 5: Oh and it works, and it works well, lordy, lordie.
Speaker 2: You guys like hazel nuts. I freaking love them. You guys like hazel nuts.
Speaker 5: If she's got them, it's good.
Speaker 2: We don't know, no, no, I didn't ask if you like hazel's nuts. Jesus days, Brother Tom doesn't kid rock.
Speaker 7: What percentage of the world hazel nuts are used only to make nitella?
Speaker 2: Man, it's gotta be a lot.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what.
Speaker 2: They're amazing same thing.
Speaker 6: I've never actually seen the hazel nut. I've only had it in coffee.
Speaker 7: Everybody quiet for one second, one just for the button bar. It's my favorite nut.
Speaker 2: You're welcome.
Speaker 7: Twenty five percent of the world's hazel nuts are used to make the Wow out.
Speaker 2: I guess much high.
Speaker 7: John Stewart signed an extent and he's going to stay with the daily show weekly through twenty twenty six, Nearly half of the workers in the US won't get a raised.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty five, yes, said Hawk, half of the workers in what in the US will not get a raised?
Speaker 7: People at iHeartRadio three brothers in California were going through their mom's attic she recently died.
Speaker 2: That's said. Oh, they were going through the attic, though.
Speaker 7: They found a pristine copy of the first Superman comic from nineteen thirty nine. What It's going up for auction later this month. They're estimated it could sell for six million dollars.
Speaker 4: What told?
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool man, Yep, that's a hell of a story.
Speaker 7: And last but not least who knows, but she kept it there over the years and it was quote pristine, Last but not least. A woman in Pennsylvania suffered severe burns. She was in a hospital bed. Investigator tried to figure out what happened. She tried to light a crack pipe, but started a fire when she tried to light it while the oxygen was on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, who hasn't done that?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 7: Honestly, Yeah, Hawk's right, who snucker crack into a hospital.
Speaker 2: Trying to blow smoke rings. Yeah, man, so cool, mat no, crack, don't smoke itself. Yeah, Bony gets it. Meet Sauce predicted fifty five to ten.
Speaker 7: The word has gotten into the Viking locker room.
Speaker 2: Fifty five ten.
Speaker 5: Ye, that's the best moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm so, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I got to remember they're always listening.
Speaker 2: Brother, what they won? Well, hang on, anybody about it? Did Sam or Sarah or John? Did somebody tell them that you nailed at twenty seven to twenty four?
Speaker 5: Probably not?
Speaker 2: No, he predicted a win and got the score correct. That's right, exactly right. You said fifty five ten lions. I damn all right. Thanks to Jonathan Greenard. Thanks to Marney Gell.
Speaker 7: There, Marney, we'll see you on Friday for initials and new uh Twins manager Derek Sheldon.
Speaker 2: See you Friday, Okay, see you Friday. Yeah, John, you're gonna be listening. So Twins Daily dot Com.
Speaker 9: We got the press conference with Derek Shelton today. We'll be talking about on the Glee New Geek podcast later today right on manture dot com.
Speaker 2: Slash Glee and.
Speaker 3: Cat Perkins will join us tomorrow to say hi, our friend cool talk about what it's like to be on tour hill.
Speaker 2: North Dakota Native issue is from the Dakota. That's awesome. No North to People from the Dakotas are so nice. To be specific.
Speaker 7: That's Pennsylvania, Double Nichols, See you tomorrow. Hawk Lackawanna County.
Speaker 2: Nine to noon is next. We're back tomorrow five thirty to nine. See Fliday. Pretty long on you two. Enjoy this beautiful day.
Speaker 4: Let's