Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show look from Lonnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Hondo East Power Equipment Dealer, Skyline Chili Feeling good. It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive, Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three toph On seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: We turn the quarter second hour of two tonight the wrap up the season wrap up show at the Roundtable show hanging at it. Longnecks in Wilder Rocks Assignment, So in his place for the second consecutive wee you hear him weekday afternoons from noon to three with Tony Pike on since he three sixty you hear him in various roles and capacities on seven hundred WLW you hear him with me tonight. He would be Austin Elmore and we welcome in to begin our number two to talk you see football in advance of the Liberty Bowl versus Navy and Memphis on Friday. That would be from Bearcat Journal Chad Brendle.
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: I am pretty much entirely in the mode where I'm just waiting to get to Memphis on Thursday and eat guts' his fried chicken. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nice, nice, all right? Speaking of the bowl game.
Speaker 2: The news of the day for the Bearcats, Evan Pryor, the running back or average six point nine yards of carried this year in rushing for over five hundred yards, has entered the Transfer Portal.
Speaker 3: Your reaction to the news of the day.
Speaker 4: Cincinnati has to be really smart with their money that they don't have a lot of it. I think Evan Pryor was, and probably rightfully so, looking for a you know, this last year, looking for a big pay day. And I think he's probably a running back two for Cincinnati at least the way that they want to run the football. They prefer Corey kiner Tywee Walker type in that running back one spot it's probably best for both parties if they go their separate ways. But that's not to diminish this was not Evan Pryor wasn't good enough. Cincinnati's moving on. It's just in the new world of college football, financials play into it, maybe more than any of us would like them to. But that's a factor you have to, you know, put into the the mix for how these things play out.
Speaker 5: When it comes to the money and be smart with the money. How much of it do you think is you know, saving up for having to invest in a quarterback and the outrageous prices that college quarterbacks are going for these days.
Speaker 4: I mean, there's some talk in a couple of articles that have been coming out recently that you're talking like a million and a half two million dollars for guys that are backups. Wow, now they're probably good backups, you know, like the kid at Ohio State who's almost won that job the past two years. Try talking to a million and a half two million dollars to get him to get the kid from Notre Dame probably over a million dollars that that was the backup there. I've heard. I've heard anywhere from four to six million dollars for Brendan Soursby.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: So we thought that the market would would calm down, right, Like, okay, revenue shares here, the cap is in place, but for positions like quarterback, you can round up nil money. That's that's actual nil money that you know. These getting kids are QB one. They're marketable in those those markets. Yeah, and that money is not flowing down at all. So you guys save the money for a quarterback ofton.
Speaker 2: So you Kegan, you guys, everybody at Bearcat Journal, you guys are all over this and do it like nobody's business keeping track of the portal?
Speaker 3: What going into the bowl game?
Speaker 2: How would you categorize the general shape of the roster going into the bowl game based on everything that is transpired?
Speaker 4: Uh, not terrible, but certainly not what you want against Navy, Like in this era, the last thing you want to see going into a bowl game as a service academy, especially a good service academy. This is a good Navy team. They don't deal with opt outs, they don't deal with kids entering the transfer portal. Like the team that they had all season is going to be the team that you play. I think there's a chance you're gonna see some true freshmen playing against Navy in the defensive secondary that that redshirted that did not play a snap all season, and you're gonna probably see a couple of them out there against Navy. That is I classify that as less than ideal. Yes, so you know, it's it's not great, But I think offensively they should still be fine. Most of the other offensive line is going to be there, Joe Royer's playing. My understanding is Cyrus Allen and Jeff Caldwell are going to play. Well. You know, Brady Lichtenberg is gonna that nobody deserves a shot more than Brady Lichtenberg and he's gonna have most of his weapons. So offensively they should be fine. But the question is do we get to the end of the game and you look and Navy's had forty five minutes in time of possession and Cincinnati's had like fourteen and a half.
Speaker 5: Ye are there any like is there a positive to having some of those young guys play because they are likely to come back next year?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Is it just one game and it doesn't matter that much? Like, how is the stats viewing this game in terms of like the development of those young players.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get to see what you've got with quite a few of them. You know, it's not a normal game situation playing Navy, but you're gonna have seen them for the fifteen Bowl practices. You're gonna get to see what they look like in the game. You're gonna see how they take to the coaching. You know that there are definitely some advantages on defense with getting a look at these young guys right as the portal opens, so you're gonna get a better idea of what you have. You know, there's some guys that I think you know, like CJ. Krit at safety is a name that they really love, and I think you know, after red shirting all year, you're gon't get a chance to see what you've gotten in CJ. Crit a little bit. You're gonna get to look at at Daniel Jones at outside corner a little bit more frequently. There's a red a guy that red shirted this year named Patrick Williams, a corner that they really like that you're gonna be able to get a look at. So it's going to be beneficial in you know, several of these instances where you don't have to wait until spring, you know, to find out what some of these guys are going to give you, especially what are their practice habits, like how do they handle going from you know, not playing a whole lot to being thrown into the mix. So there is some positive that can come from it. Again, the problem though, is you're playing the triple option and Navy and I don't know how much in the game you can take from especially defensive backs that you're good to see how they tackle, but not going to get to see a whole lot of coverage, and you know, playing an advanced like passing scheme by any stretch.
Speaker 2: All right, basketball question for you went over Lipscomb last night. Now the Big Twelve with Houston on Saturday, they play eighteen Big Twelve games. If I were to give you an over under on Big Twelve wins for UC, if I just off the top of my head said seven and a half, how would you feel about that number?
Speaker 4: Well, if it was before Gizzl James came back, and they have looked, especially offensively, significantly better with Gigsel James on the floor, I would have laughed, taken under and ran to the bank with whatever you allowed me to bet. Now, now, I'd say, now that's probably in the right realm. Seven to eight. I mean, I'd still the offense has just been so inconsistent that I don't have a great feeling that they get into that eight, nine, ten win range. Yet it has been better, but it was so bad for the first ten games that that has not left my brain. So here's the other problem. Lance. They played two seasons in the Big twelve. They won seven games both times, one of them with a twenty game schedule. Now they're going back to an eighteen game schedule. I'd still probably take under, but at least I feel a little bit better about things than I did two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Yet I want you to know you missed a golden opportunity in the last ninety seconds to drop in a six to seven and people would have gone crazy.
Speaker 4: I could have, but they wore that out at the game last night. They had six to seven games at.
Speaker 3: The Gamelan Yes classic.
Speaker 4: I have a teenage daughter. I'm over oh.
Speaker 2: Yes, But for the kids, all right, map out the itinerary. When do you hit the road, it will it be all forces you and Keegan and preview all the coverage coming up from Bearkat journal dot com.
Speaker 4: So we I hit the road Thursday morning, hopefully by dinner Thursday night, I'm at Gussa's Fried Chicken. That's the plans. Keegan and I will both be in Memphis, and then Keegan, because he's just a warrior, is gonna go back to the I got an airbnb for both of us. He's gonna go back and sleep until like three four o'clock in the morning, and then he's gonna get up and drive back to Cincinnati for the Houston game.
Speaker 3: Oh oh my god. Yeah, cruel and unusual. How about that?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know I did that a lot of that stuff back in when I was his age. Anymore, I'm gonna stop in Nashville, watch the game in Nashville, and I'll catch up later.
Speaker 3: I understood.
Speaker 5: To clarify, you're going to ride chicken place instead of a barbecue place in Memphis?
Speaker 3: Is that right?
Speaker 4: Often Gusses Fried Chicken is the best fried chicken I've ever had.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just wondering, you know.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's so good. It's become a national chain, like they're all over the place now, but one of the original locations is in downtown Memphis. You now, people win Like Cincinnatians. When they leave Cincinnati and then they come back, they go to Skyline. Yes, like before they go home, before they do anything, they go to Skyline. That is me with Gusus Fried Chicken. Straight off the expressway, straight to Guss's Fried Chicken. I almost got an airbnd. That was a block from Gusses. Like that probably a bad idea. Yeah, no, that's probably a bad idea. So I didn't do that. But yes, the fried chicken, the sides, Everything at Gusses is awesome. That's my go to spot in Memphis.
Speaker 3: The barbecue is good.
Speaker 4: I'm more of a Texas barbecue guy than a Memphis barbecue guy.
Speaker 2: All Right, safe travels, Happy New Year. This will be the last time we talk with you. It will be the last segment on this show for the season since we're done.
Speaker 3: And I say this every year.
Speaker 2: Your commitment, your unwavering support and commitment to this show each week means a lot. It raises the level of this show and we very much enjoy our conversations and we look forward to doing it again next season.
Speaker 4: I always look forward to being on with you guys. Whatever night of the week it is whatever.
Speaker 2: Not bearcat journal dot com for it all this weekend and beyond on YouTube as well, and thank you.
Speaker 3: Happy New Year, Thanks gentlemen, that great new year.