Speaker 1: Morning, lady and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat.
Speaker 3: I woke up yesterday morning with as free advice to start later please, I could never know if the day was US Florida.
Speaker 2: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key demogram, super duper. That's nice. Fight a goo Nito gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: It is the twenty fourth day of February twenty twenty sixth. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to the pouch of morning show. Here we are. It's Tuesday morning. I hope you're not feeling that tired Tuesday, but if you are, we're gonna be your audible caffe at least we're gonna try.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: We got some comedy for you, ladies and gentlemen. Here's Greg Warren to start your Tuesday. So get on up and come on in. I'm glad you're here.
Speaker 1: The last time I got in a fight ten years ago, I was living in New York City.
Speaker 2: I hear this guy behind me goes.
Speaker 1: Hey man, what are you looking at?
Speaker 2: And I turned around, which don't do that?
Speaker 1: If you go to New York City and you hear somebody behind you yelling you just keep walking. It sounds like your mom leaver, like you just leave it cuddly. It was a crazy guy. He sprinted up. He got my face and goes, I was talking to you, man, I go, I don't know who you are, man, and he punched me. Like I should have seen it coming. He was like winding up, like it was harting, like he was like Papye like papa, he said, winding up, and he hit me. At that point, I hadn't been hit in about twenty years, and I forgot what you were supposed to do, and I wrestled him.
Speaker 2: I did. I shot a.
Speaker 1: Signal leg takedown to the right side. I picked his leg way up here like you're supposed to do, and he went right down like he he sucked. Like this guy, I guarantee he never made it past districts, like he just wasn't.
Speaker 2: And I got out on top.
Speaker 4: Of him, and I lost my mind.
Speaker 1: I was like, I used to mess a if somebody were to walk by, the thought have been like, there's a crazy guy getting beat up by a really crazy guy. Like the guy that said anything was a dude with the cell phone. As I was walking away, he goes, yo, dog, you are champ.
Speaker 2: That made me like proud. I was, I was proud.
Speaker 1: I was like, yeah, at least one person in this city notes I can still beat a heroin addict in a wrestling match.
Speaker 5: Meet too.
Speaker 4: The fuerst line is sweet.
Speaker 6: Feat us on your side.
Speaker 2: You here the distant under.
Speaker 4: This line, and then you stray.
Speaker 3: Howard Traveling Show, Tuesday, February twenty fourth, twenty twenty six on Corey Cove.
Speaker 2: That's Chris Hawke, you gots meat sauce.
Speaker 3: Paul Lambert, There's Zachary Helperson and a special edition of John Fraso.
Speaker 5: Good to see you guys, Hi Jack, Good morning, Budy. How are you excellent? Happy to be here. I always say this when I'm on a different day. It throws my whole universe off. I will have to make a conscious effort today to remember it's Tuesday, not Friday, because it all blends together.
Speaker 2: We're just start day drinking. You get the rest of the week to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well, welcome aboard, glad to be here.
Speaker 2: Ye are you out next Friday too? Next too? Or just this one?
Speaker 5: I think next Friday, I'm back to normal. My wife is done traveling all over the It's California this week, beautiful Mexico last week, thankfully right now and jankoons so that's not where stuff's going on. Cartels no better, But still I'm glad she's here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, many, Yeah, we need we need more American drug lords with nicknames.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, And I forget now because I'm just getting over the whole gold medal excitements, which will never be taken from us. That was awesome, But what it was something to do with the chicken, right, because I looked up his nickname of mint show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what does it translate to? Is that what you're asking? It was?
Speaker 5: It had something to do because I looked it up, and it had something to do with his love of rooster fighting.
Speaker 2: I thought it was maybe his chicken fingers could have been raising cano. What if it would be great?
Speaker 5: You They'd be like, he's he's had so many murdered, and then where did the nickname come from?
Speaker 2: They'd be like, he only eats chicken, yeah, the extra toast. He's diabolical, diabolic.
Speaker 3: I don't know, I don't know the chicken bit but yeah, you know, like Zach, whoever you get your drugs from, do they have a nickname?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's called the Yesterday with Tim. And this is why I looked up what elementshaw meant and where it came from. So I was trying to give Tim a drug lord nickname yesterday, and I came up with and it was a name for diarrhea. But they don't sure in Spanish state diarrhea isn't really they call it the gosh, And so I had looked worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's worse.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah it sounded so I'm like gush of diarrhea, the gush though.
Speaker 3: Oh oh hey, speaking to eighties movies.
Speaker 5: Ladies and gentleman, I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news.
Speaker 2: Story in Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yep, Robert Carrodine, seventy one years old, died yesterday. If you don't know who Robert Kerodine is, he was Lewis Skolnick from Revenge of the.
Speaker 2: Nerds full stop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean exactly Zemic's generation and maybe whatever, Lizzie McGuire, Fine, he did other things, but he will always be Lewis Skolnick. Oh, there are very few films I have seen more than Revenge of the Nerds.
Speaker 4: And enjoyed, not enjoying them because they were on right.
Speaker 2: That's a good point, because it had so many things that I love.
Speaker 3: First of all, it was super funny number two. Since I was born in nineteen eighty and the movie came out in eighty four. When I started seeing Revenge of the Nerds, that was, you know, within the handful of first times of my exposure to female nudity.
Speaker 2: I'm like, whoa, so like I couldn't write. I essentially was wormser right, like, are you tired of this yet? No?
Speaker 4: No, no, are you still watching the Pies?
Speaker 3: And because I've seen it so many times and I've seen Animal House exactly one.
Speaker 2: Time, I'm in that group.
Speaker 3: I think Revenge of the Nerds is so much better. And I know that's insane because everybody thinks Animal House is one of the great comedies of all time and that Revenge of the Nerds is just like a hackish kind of rip off same concept fraternity bit.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Booger is one of my all time favorite characters. Please yes, please, Lamar Latrelle, the whole you know, the the so good, the Alpha Betas versus the tri Lambs, the whole bit man don Yeah, God.
Speaker 2: Because of how the movie makes you feel. I just freaking love it.
Speaker 3: And I did not know this until this morning, but I was just curious. How old do you think Robert Keridine was when he starred as an incoming freshman to Adams College in nineteen eighty four, So he's supposed to be eighteen.
Speaker 2: How old do you.
Speaker 3: Believe Robert Carridine was You can do the math, but try not to twenty seven thirty.
Speaker 2: He was thirty.
Speaker 3: Wow, thirty thirty years old playing eighteen?
Speaker 2: Who cares any deal?
Speaker 3: You slick your hair back, you're throwing some nerd glasses and you go to college.
Speaker 2: Big deal.
Speaker 3: He's also David Carridine's sibling. Yeah, yeah, I didn't didn't know that. I mean, it makes sense, but didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a that's an interesting uh interesting family.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean Lewis, how did his brother die?
Speaker 3: Well, he broke the Golden rule, Chris, which is make sure you always have a spotter.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, if we want to break down Revenge of the Nerds, Lewis is a terrible person. He commits sexual assault right yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's and it's hard to just say things were different back there.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, yeah, Tyre Banks.
Speaker 3: Right, I mean he dresses up Hiss Darth Vader and tries to trick a Gall into sleeping with him, and then she falls in love with him. It's a really terrible story. Yeah, I mean, it's problematic as hell.
Speaker 4: Right. Well, and you know, as far as we can tell, he basically just changed your oil. You know, he didn't. You didn't put gas in the car, you know what I mean, like, uh, still bad, bad bad?
Speaker 2: He might have you don't. We don't know that.
Speaker 4: His face. I'm not sure.
Speaker 3: So the act started for sure, right, definitely problematic or as you would quote me saying.
Speaker 2: Corey always says, that's bothers, it is also bothersome.
Speaker 3: But you know, and of course, also the nerds break into the sorority house and put a whole bunch of hidden cameras to watch them shower and have sex.
Speaker 4: And I mean they're terrible people's revenge, Yes.
Speaker 2: It was revenge on how they were treated.
Speaker 3: Sure, they're also sexual predators. The Rambo the alphabat is rambo whales man, you know, And that's before that's before Roseanne. I didn't know who John. He's fantastic as the coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah he is. He's The clips we have in the system from him are outstanding.
Speaker 3: We forgot the practice, Yeah you got again, by the way, not just the Nerds, not just practice.
Speaker 4: We forgot to practice again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, correct, which is genius.
Speaker 3: Yeah, everything, just man, I'm trying to be as realistic as possible. The number of times I've seen Revenge of the Nerds, I bet it is.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's okay, it's okay, Okay, it's not okay. Oh maybe it's not okay.
Speaker 3: Man, Still don't watch it every year, No, because you know now, like we've always talked about, now it's not one of those Oh it's on randomly on USA on the weekends.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't scroll like that anymore, right, I don't just channel surf, as we used to call it back in the day.
Speaker 2: I don't do that.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what, though. You better hope we don't have plans if it is on TV. Yeah, I won't be making it on time. Right even to this day.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: If I'm scrolling and I see it, I'm staying.
Speaker 3: Zachares have you not seen it, never seen it?
Speaker 2: You have it. It's been a long time years. Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Last time I watched it was at my cabin and I sold my cabin in like twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: So what do you think it is on ring tomatoes?
Speaker 4: Perfect? Don't make me argue with Game of Thrones people.
Speaker 3: Umm, probably like sixty ish seventy seventy all right, not bad because it was driving me nuts.
Speaker 2: I did find el Chorro, el Chorro. That is the gush.
Speaker 5: What is it?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the.
Speaker 4: Guy, So that would be term that changes me wanting to have a choro when I go over there to Taco Bell later today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's I I saw that on a menu and did not read the description and be like, I'll get one of those for sure.
Speaker 2: I would just get sprayed out. All right, he'll be right now.
Speaker 3: So we are hearing that this is a suicide, correct as well? Robert carroding, I didn't. I didn't really, His brother Keith says Robert took his own life after struggling with bipolar disorder for.
Speaker 2: Nearly two decades. I haven't seen that either, That's what the prep service said.
Speaker 4: Suicide had no idea the two.
Speaker 3: Stories I read online don't mention cause of death, but the prep service says that his brother says that that's what it is. Whether that's the case or not, that's terrible. Hopefully that's not the case. But either way, again, Robert Herroding dead at the age of seventy one. I don't think his brother would speculate no, right, unless exactly. I'm not doubting the brother, I'm just doubting. Hopefully the reporting may have had it wrong, but who knows. Even his Wikipedia page says it as well. Oh that sucks, Yeah, that sucks.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 5: My Wikipedia page at one point said I was awarded the pheasant Heart Medal. Were you nopets?
Speaker 2: Great? But I don't think anyone's ever seen a pheasant heart? Yeah, so in place lot machines with us, you might see one. True.
Speaker 4: I saw like the insides of a pheasant that I hit with my car one time, and the heart might have been part of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you'd be like, wait a minute, this looks much smaller than the herd I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Chris, are you familiar?
Speaker 3: This is a This is a rhetorical question. The twenty four hours of DAYTONA sure, of course, Yeah, twenty four hour sports car endurance race held annually at Daytona International Speedway. Robert Carridine was in that race in two thousand and finished sixty first.
Speaker 4: No kidding. So it's a team of drivers who complete a race within twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: So is it like the is it so you do a pit stop and switch out drivers?
Speaker 7: Tough one, right, Yeah. The beginning of that is a day they call it. Or is that a breathing you do when you're pregnant. That's Lemon. Yeah, that's I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Isn't the race called Lamon's or something.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a different race of different race, but this is a twenty four hours at Daytona. That's the That's the race that Sonny is in at the beginning of it. That's a great film.
Speaker 4: You're right by the way, so I'll see that is a That is another endurance race of twenty four hour La mont.
Speaker 2: Is Yeah, yeah, is a pregnant breathing exercise.
Speaker 4: Did you notice that on the page that Martha Plimpton was his niece.
Speaker 2: I saw that at the bottom, ye know that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Martha Pumpton from Goonies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and task this season a task which was, oh fantastic, it's so good man.
Speaker 2: She can act.
Speaker 3: You know who would have a lot of the kids from Goonies ended up being fantastic actors. Josh Brolan obviously, Josh Brolin is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's Thanos. Sure Llewellyn Moss. Here's a lot of things, yeah, but mostly Thanos. Okay, well he is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's undeniable. That's going to be the role he did that made the most cash. I would be floored if you're wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: I wonder when he got paid to be Thanos. Let's look, let's look it up. If only there was a website where we could look that up.
Speaker 2: Old I spelled that man should have retaken keyboarding class. I was really good at that.
Speaker 7: I loved that class because the teacher we had was like a huge stoner. So we he'd give us our assignment was like in that block scheduling bit where we'd have it for like an hour and a half or whatever, and he would just put on Dark Side of the Moon and he would just sit at his just that type of boy.
Speaker 3: Do you remember the phrase every time we talk about keyboarding class? You remember the phrase of my keyboarding class teacher told us like we could listen to every channel we wanted musically, right while we were screaming long hair.
Speaker 2: You nailed it. There is the rock station.
Speaker 3: We couldn't listen to hard rock because he's like, I'm not going to have us listen to a bunch of screaming long hairs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is the best?
Speaker 3: Again, this is like early nineties, or this is right after a glam rock and you know Motley Crew and all that stuff, so it hair metal or whatever.
Speaker 2: So it's just nope, we're not listening to the screaming long hairs. Love that bit.
Speaker 3: He was paid about twenty one million dollars twenty one mill and decent, decent, not bad being Josh Brown.
Speaker 5: Did you guys have to in keyboarding? Mayvs Beacon the old Mayvas speakon program that would check your your speed your doublet huh. I don't remember what my score was though I can type very fast, but I'm not a home row guy, so it's it's a modified Hunt and peck.
Speaker 2: But you're a you're a fast hunter and pecker. I can with the best of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have to type a bunch at work every day and so yeah, but if someone looked at it, if they watched me do it, Mayvs Beacon would jump off a building, pull your hands up.
Speaker 2: May speaking wood hawk for sure. Oh yeah, she types out of respect.
Speaker 5: And then he'd ask for her too, because them fingers.
Speaker 4: I like a like a quick fingered lady. Let's get it done here.
Speaker 5: What places to bens Beacon actually just hunted and pecked. She was not a home rewd person either. Just turned out to be a fraud. No, poor MAVs.
Speaker 3: How about this Mava's Beacon is a fictional character created for the MAVs. Beacon teachers typing line of computer software. Not even not a real person, no fictional n John's leaving.
Speaker 4: He's throwing a ma Beacon.
Speaker 2: That's actually I'm shucked. Yeah, my teacher used to stand up in front of something.
Speaker 3: F F F space l L L space you need to like keep pace while you were keyboarding, and just it was it's like again, what were we doing?
Speaker 2: But what was this Marine Corps boot can kind of.
Speaker 5: Minus the screaming laws like a yeah, that was a fun class though.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, because it wasn't learning and there were sitting on a.
Speaker 5: Computers were kind of new. Sure, there were normally pretty chicks in that in those classes.
Speaker 2: I g to school in Minnetanka.
Speaker 5: At White Bear, though we had Apple computers, the ones that looked super cool, that had different colors or whatever. And then I wouldn't do anything remotely involved in that computer stuff or what. So I found a program you could just draw stick figures and animate them and record sounds. I got written up so many times in that glass of crand just, oh, huge crank.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine what those stick figures were doing.
Speaker 5: When you're drawing a stick figure with a huge crank, always a big smile on the face.
Speaker 7: You have to do yeah, because you always happy. Yeah, yeah, that's talk stream. Did you need to take the next segment off? Now that you realize that maybe speaking doesn't exist?
Speaker 2: I think so? Yeah, Well that's all right.
Speaker 7: More bad news Rosetta from a Rosetta Stone, also a fictional carecter, devastating please.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah I remember speaking? Hell yeah, yeah, cool name.
Speaker 3: Oh he would yeah hard so r Peter Robert Carrody net secks man, another piece of the childhood out the door.
Speaker 2: It's terrible, man.
Speaker 4: Take care of yourselves.
Speaker 3: Yeah, correct, first second of the powers you wanted you brought to you by our friends at Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 2: Thanks Builders and Remodelers. More the powers you wanted to you after this on the.
Speaker 6: Pan, I'm a nerd. I never really wanted to believe that it's okay, okay for nothing. We let them destroy our house.
Speaker 2: Folks.
Speaker 6: We're going to control the Greek Council next year, big deal. You'd be dead by then, Gilbert, nobody cares. Don't you understand that the university doesn't care. There's nothing we can do about it.
Speaker 3: I think we got something good going and I'm not gonna let him take it away from this.
Speaker 6: Give up, fool, Just get yourself hurt again.
Speaker 2: Giver the Academy award.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I honestly, yeah, they still shouldn't. It's, you know, forty years too late, but still give it to him.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: The best supporting Actor clearly goes to Booker oh aka Curtis Armstrong.
Speaker 4: No doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Where I also believe was in Moonlighting, although I never really watched Moonlighting because I was too young.
Speaker 2: That is true, but obviously Bruce Willis.
Speaker 4: Brus his best friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. That was Bruce's Big break Man Moonlighting.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, man, good old Bruce Man. Those updates are sad too, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, he's Louise. Yeah, getting right yep.
Speaker 4: Better than the opposite most of the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but man o, now I'm gonna have to watch the Nerds at some point in the next handful of weeks. Respect Yeah, can I start to finish?
Speaker 4: I've been researching since the very beginning of the show talking about al Minshow I think I found Sausage struggle Lord nickname, Oh, I can't wait. And Consolarsie chill to sink comfort.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's me.
Speaker 4: Which sounds I mean el Consolarsie sounds like it could be pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does.
Speaker 4: But then you realize they named you because you were always looking for a place to lay down.
Speaker 2: Take yeap, Yes, I am get snap as many times as I can.
Speaker 4: Concilarsie, he's sleeping, Yeah, Concilarzi is here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he's asleep. That's exactly what you have.
Speaker 3: A fun Spanish accent was actually pretty That sounded like you were right out of three amigos.
Speaker 2: I was pretty good. Maybe you should do some accents.
Speaker 7: It sounded like you were translating for Chris, it sounds like you might get some You're gonna get emails me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's okay. Are you making fun of their entire culture? No?
Speaker 5: So, It says the name is derived from his first name, Namisio, frequently used in the region of Mexico where he is from. But another nickname was the Lord of the Rooster, said to be derived from his love for cockfighting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, the Lord of the Rooster. Randy loves sea magic. I read yesterday. I read this. It was from Rolling Stone twenty seventeen. I think about him, that he was on the rise, insane, not a nice parente. He's no longer with us, Yeah, but I mean the world is a better place.
Speaker 2: It had said that the other cartels were like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Let's let's chill out a little bit. You're you're getting out a hand, slow down, roster king, Yeah and that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get hold of el consolars.
Speaker 3: Hold on. He gets up at two more l consolerts. Do you guys remember Lord of the Dance Michael Flatley?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Italian dude.
Speaker 3: I don't believe he was a believe he was a drug lord.
Speaker 2: No, no, man.
Speaker 3: His limbs flailed independently from his body.
Speaker 4: Same, you know, I'm almost positive. Strangely enough, Gersey and Burro talked about him yesterday on their Michael Flatley Yeah really, and they said he was Italian.
Speaker 2: He said he was Italian Irish.
Speaker 4: I would guess they said something about them. Maybe they were joking.
Speaker 3: I always assumed he's got to be Irish. It wasn't like Irish dancing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, American Irish. Yeah, but he is American.
Speaker 4: That was what it was. And I think somebody joked that he was also Italian. But he's from here from.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure he's from Uh.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was born in Chicago, Illinois, right, That's what it was.
Speaker 2: He did not know that. I just assumed he was an Irish. Yeah, everybody irishman. Yeah.
Speaker 4: El Consolarce was born in a Dinam yep.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we know what he's ordered at the Burger king. What would Tommy order at the rooster King? Oh uh, he'd say the left side of the men. He'd be like, don't let him fight. You're gonna hurt each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, please, I'll get in the middle of it. I think he would stretch.
Speaker 3: I think he would walk up to the counter and go I'm going to open my mouth.
Speaker 2: Just surprise me if you like Tommy that's in the bathroom.
Speaker 4: But the way the counter is the guy who does all their money counts.
Speaker 2: Counter. Yeah, brilliant man.
Speaker 3: All right, So drug lords are dead, Robert Carrodine's dead, the Olympics are over.
Speaker 4: It's tough time right now. By the way, man, I keep an eye on each other out there, and there's too many of these kind of stories. Man, you know, take care of each other. And we had twenty five year old die by suicide this weekend. Yeah, it's happening everywhere. Man, look after each other, if you would, please, jeez, Louise. Yeah, it's tough, tough, tough, tough and up. We got a listener who I believe. I got a text from somebody saying we have a listener who's down in Mexico right now. Can't get out.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean imagine you're on vacation right and then suddenly you see big plums of smoke everywhere and you're like, oh, no El consolarsee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go back to sleep. Fell asleep with his.
Speaker 3: With his is a cool accessory a cigarette.
Speaker 4: You know what that's a good point. If he was el Consolarsie, he would still be smoking.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I had a dream last side I was smoking. It was awesome.
Speaker 3: What else were you doing in the dream beside smoking? I don't remember, just looking cool, just smoking cigarettes. And then I think I had like a Virginia slim.
Speaker 4: Ones Virginia trust me false advertisement.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it was outstanding, you know Freud Obviously Freud was obviously being into the idea that dreams were like a window to our soul and our thoughts and our hopes and aspirations. What it means, wonder what it means when we like sauce. What was your dream about? I just smoke the whole time? Well, what were you doing? Nothing? Sitting and smoking? So your dream what you really wish you could do is just sit around and smoke? Yep, yeah, pretty much sums it up. It wasn't horrible for you. I woke, As I said on Saturday during my stand up, I would light cigarettes with cigarettes and common says, yeah, if they come out, we're like, hey, we were wrong, this isn't bad for you, which would never happen.
Speaker 2: I'd be like, all right, cool, if I'm back here.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: What if they found a pill that for every cigarette you smoked, the pill would give you, you know, long benefits, right, so like it would be a net zero.
Speaker 2: Like a like a hangover drink.
Speaker 4: Not long benefits, if you know what I mean. You got a quarter inch for every h dart you smoke.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I'd have had a huge crank that I smoked.
Speaker 2: Thoughts.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the gym. Yeah, when he was at the gym and kept taking the shots.
Speaker 4: Just had Speaking of that, did you see does he watch Game of Do you watch Game thone?
Speaker 2: You know you haven't seen any of it either?
Speaker 4: Must send you a picture John?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, why wasn't John included?
Speaker 4: I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: Tommy was, of course, it's his background on his phone.
Speaker 4: Now I'll come for a day, relax it. Whatever his name is, what.
Speaker 2: You gotta embrace his nickname man yeah, consolar s oh. I was like, where is it?
Speaker 4: It's coming, it's going on? Sorry, I the're going.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a that's four arms, yes it is. That's a nice start.
Speaker 4: Five army.
Speaker 5: He looks exhausted to logging that thing around.
Speaker 4: He was getting it on and that's a lot of blood Russian places.
Speaker 2: Yep, it was a night man.
Speaker 5: See deep breath please. I got to said that to about two thousand.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, and I'm on about eighteen hundred of those screws and John.
Speaker 3: What's great is you don't have to watch the whole show to understand the context. But the kind of famous line that he has in the first season and the meme that's been a big deal, especially with the USA team even on Sunday, was just get up and he's not talking to bats. Yeah, but people have also joked that he probably also said get up to batsys.
Speaker 4: Well, well you have to.
Speaker 5: I mean you'd have to pull start this thing man. Yeah, oh yeah, that.
Speaker 3: Knock people out sports after this this is the Power Trip morning show on the Fan.
Speaker 4: We're talking about how old, uh uh the security was when he was playing the nerd in uh college, you know, basically a freshman in college age like thirty or with the uh Lovely and Talented Stockard. Channing was thirty three years old when she played Rizzo and Greece.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, there was another somebody like that in one of those movies that was real old when they played Yeah.
Speaker 3: How about Lark Vorhees was forty seven when she played Lisa turtlanse By the Bell.
Speaker 2: Jason Borhees was eighty eight. Michael J.
Speaker 4: Fox was twenty nine when he played the high school Carty McFly Marty McFly in, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jason Bardy exist things.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, change my sister producer out there, Dusty mon ye, Dusty good old Dustin.
Speaker 3: What if Lark Vorhees has a brother named Jason, that'd be funny. That's pretty unfortunate if you're just Jason Vorhees and then some movie comes out, yeah, with a crazy serial killer and his name is Jason Vorhees, that's probably a pretty big.
Speaker 4: Bummer's married El consolarse you don't even know it.
Speaker 5: Or the dude that I'm testing to the entire Upper Midwest. Yeah, my wife just says, stop the season. That's fun presented by all these.
Speaker 2: Stations holiday station stores. Don't forget about those cookies at Holiday.
Speaker 3: Man, they got they got cookies that are just stacked to the ceiling.
Speaker 2: Go get them.
Speaker 3: Go get some cookies at Holiday this morning for breakfast. Get them before they're gone, you know. Yeah, Yeah, why.
Speaker 2: Don't we just call them breakfast cookies? That's a great idea.
Speaker 4: You know, that's what I call boobies breakfast cookies, SASMI burgess. I'm sorry, I'll console our safety screensa el.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Tim's on all those screw chats.
Speaker 4: For it's been Tommy's for about twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks real.
Speaker 3: That's Tommy's Christmas definitely not lookest doing a good job at that. Olympic Skier Lindsay Vaughan said she almost had her leg amputated after her Olympic crash because the compartment syndrome.
Speaker 2: We've heard of this before.
Speaker 3: She had a complex tibbia fracture. I guess she also fractured her ankle broke her ankle in that process as well, thirteen seconds into a run on February eighth.
Speaker 2: But here's the crazy part.
Speaker 3: If all this is accurate, she credits doctor Tom Hackett was saving her leg. And the reason why she says that is he was only in Milan because of the ACL tear. So if she hadn't torn her ACL, what a week and change before that, whatever it was two weeks maybe before the only she had her doctor there and she says, quote he filayed it open, let it breathe and saved me.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, that's crasy.
Speaker 3: So you know, who's to say another Italian doctor or US doctor that's there with the team. I don't know how that works, but who's to say somebody else wouldn't have helped her the same way.
Speaker 2: But either way, she's like, this guy was.
Speaker 3: Only there because of my previous injury and was all on top of it and potentially saved my leg from amputation. Very lucky, very which is crazy considering she claimed it, and it makes sense that it has nothing to do with the acl tair.
Speaker 2: It was just the crash was the crash, and all.
Speaker 3: Of the potential amputation angles are because of the breaks, not the acl tair. So it's like she could have been completely healthy and still been in this exact same spot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, at first when we heard about it, the severe injury, my thought was, well, maybe she was over compensating because trying to protect that leg. But obviously once you pause and think about it, two very very different injuries, it is Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually I think the Lord was, like, I tried to tell.
Speaker 2: You, how does it happen?
Speaker 5: More often though, watching all these Olympic events, the twists and turns and the jumps, and I don't know, it's freaking insane.
Speaker 2: Especially with skis and snowboards.
Speaker 3: How your you know, your ankles are kind of trapped in there. I'm surprised shins don't snap way more or lower legs break way more. I don't know how do you learn, athletes.
Speaker 7: Because, like you know, with any training, you learn how to fall, right, how do you learn to fall? Like with a ski jump? You know, like, how do you how do they even begin? Like what's the beginning stages that? How do you make the no pun intended jump to the big boys?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: I think meth, I think you have to be high and just try it once and then you just slowly wan yourself off of it.
Speaker 2: Used to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna make it stick.
Speaker 2: It's always meth.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's my age, but I felt like this Olympics more than ever when I'd be watching it, I would I was wondering every one of them, how many severe injuries have they had trying to get to this level? There's no way you just don't end up with rods in your arm or leg.
Speaker 3: Linda Lindsay Vaughn might be the exception. But have you ever seen her list of past injuries? It's it's as long as wonk as contracts.
Speaker 4: How long is that picture I just sent you?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's insane.
Speaker 5: I don't know or half of the injuries from getting the boots thrown to her by old tiger.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Hey, but you made this point off the here, John, and you couldn't be more right. It's just crazy to watch the Olympics and everybody work their entire ass off, their entire life to do this. Then you watch Sunday morning, you watch the us Men and the Canadians give it there all ill said of maybe McDavid and McKinnon, who well play past a little bit at the end, but the us Men are just going for it. This is one hundred percent, leaving nothing on the ice. And then a handful hours later the Wolves and Sixers playing. You go, is this the same world?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is this? It's like that was the same day.
Speaker 7: And then yeah, half hour later you watch the Yeah, Wolves and Sixers, sorry that you're talking about the Celtics Lakers games just on the NBC zero careya. The second they realized that the two guys weren't playing there, like, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a significant drop off in effort, it is.
Speaker 5: That's where it takes a couple of weeks to get to get back to being used to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do we have hockey to night or tomorrow? Tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Tomorrow's back and then the while they're back on Thursday at Colorado.
Speaker 2: Great start. Yeah, yeah, hell of a hell of a welcome back.
Speaker 7: I'm kind of okay with it because it's one of those games, especially with three US guys. I mean, you could probably anticipate a bit of a rough start, a rough restart, I should say, to the season. Yeah, after all the partying everything. So I almost would rather have a game that we're probably supposed to lose that rather than like a game against like Vancouver where we should win and we could potentially leave points on the table. So I'm actually kind of okay with it. Trial by fire and then I think they go to Utah the next day. So Shue Sweet.
Speaker 3: Duke is back to number one in the AP poll. They beat number one Michigan over the weekend, so they're back up to number one. Michigan falls to number three, and the reason why I'm bringing it up because the twenty five and two Wolverines host the Golden Gophers tonight. The number three team in the country host the Gophers at seven point thirty. Haven't checked this morning, but my guess is if the line didn't move that much on DraftKings, Michigan is a how many point favorite?
Speaker 2: I saw twelve and a half? You eleven? Don't know if it's changed, we can look it up.
Speaker 3: It As of last night, they were twenty two and a half point favorite, the over runners one forty four and a half.
Speaker 2: According to ESPN Analytics.
Speaker 3: As of last night, what percent chance do the Wolverines have of winning?
Speaker 2: Probably ninety two point six, ninety eight, ninety nine nine.
Speaker 3: You said ninety two point six, Just flip those numbers. It's ninety six point two.
Speaker 2: I agree. Oh thanks Tom. Four regular season games left for the Gopher men. Yeah, but we got it. Big gaming. It's number three tonight.
Speaker 6: Big deal.
Speaker 2: Well, it is a big It's a big deal. Sorry, you hate sports because you're a nerd. He's a nerd. He's pretty proud of it.
Speaker 4: You didn't realize it today?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, no, needs n I t pick. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Lewis was in denial, right, Gilbert knew. Gilbert's like, look, we're nerds. We're just doing our best. Yeah, Lewis wanted to be one of the cool kids. Uh, didn't realize he couldn't be cool.
Speaker 4: You got that right.
Speaker 3: I don't know why Booger was a nerd, though Booger seemed way cooler than everybody else in the Tri Lamb fraternity.
Speaker 4: I think, yeah, he was cool, but he picked his nose.
Speaker 2: He didn't pick his nose a lot, but he didn't care. Yeah, I think he's a rebel duddy.
Speaker 4: But do you think about he's a lot like sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because you've claimed you did you used to pick your nose and eat it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, please stop saying that.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, but he stopped saying that was the lowest calorie thing you ate back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, you better feed up.
Speaker 3: So hang onut a second. You've played poker at your life at some point though, right, even with your buddies, or actually, you've played poker, used to smoke cigarettes all the you've picked your nose, Yeah, you've partied.
Speaker 2: Yeah you might be Booger.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, what's the boar?
Speaker 2: No, what's the movies in Marie Skis, that's go.
Speaker 4: That way really fast if something gets in your way. Turned to John Cusack movie Yeah, Better Off Dead?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, he's funny in that too.
Speaker 4: He's great and everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is he still with us? Of course, of course he is.
Speaker 4: Stop it?
Speaker 2: Oh dare you sorry?
Speaker 4: Come on? El Consolarcie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry unless.
Speaker 4: You know something. We don't all consolarsee.
Speaker 2: Better Off Dead seventy five percent on a rotting great film.
Speaker 4: Man, there's a great scene with everybod I want some by Van Halen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Curtis Armstrong, I'm still with us. Yeah, of course he's still with us. American we know we would have done a second well.
Speaker 2: We would do a whole show if he passed away.
Speaker 3: I'm a little do if we only did one or one segment, really, Rob Cardin, I would do a full three and a half hours on.
Speaker 2: Every nerd that goes wow.
Speaker 3: Outside of maybe uh playing decks there, we can maybe skip him.
Speaker 5: He's done one hundred and seventy one episodes of American Dad. One hundred and thirty one excuse me of American Dad.
Speaker 3: There's only one person on the planet that watches that show, Dove Lambert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Debbie loves that show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who's who's Davide If you're a consolarse Oh, I don't know. I gotta find him a word now.
Speaker 2: Eldavito, Yeah, Eldvito.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's the Danny DeVito.
Speaker 2: He wishes great song. Danny DeVito towers over your brother. Oh yeah, oh towers. Danny DeVito towers over my sister.
Speaker 4: That guy's weaner longer than Danny DeVito.
Speaker 2: Oh it is poor Danny. You think Danny's got a hammer, I don't. I don't think garage. Yeah, just in terms of physics, I don't think he can. I don't think he can. You know, Frank, it.
Speaker 3: Would be like that that like metal bird that keeps tipping over you know what I mean. I don't know that thing's called.
Speaker 2: If the tripsyed pole vault. Well, do what really matters? After this?
Speaker 3: Scores and stats around the world, the sports crystal, change your life with something else. Marnie Gelder in like forty minutes, John Kriesel here on a Tuesday. This it's a power tro Oney show on the fan. I agree, score your.
Speaker 7: Chance that top to your tickets from a wild Hockey Two huge concerts like Santana, the Doobie Brothers, Chris Stapleton and more. Don't wait, enter nowt a cafe in dot com keyword contest.
Speaker 4: You got that right. Welcome back, Patrick mor Shore. Here we are, Johnny Cristel's here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what a bi Life is good, man, life is good.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, let's do what really matters. I'll do scores and stats and sports stories and stuff like that. This is a big deal. Lewis Scolnick rip, Robert Carroty. But it's brought to you by Ovo Lace and Lens. Go get Lacy and change your life with the great people at Ovo, Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 2: Right after twenty four heh, yeah, man, you got that right.
Speaker 3: Floyd Mayweather and manipaciaw will box yet again, this time at this sphere in Las Vegas on September nineteenth.
Speaker 2: It's going to be streamed worldwide on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Mayweather turns forty nine today, Manipak Yow is forty seven.
Speaker 2: This will be the first boxing match at the sphere.
Speaker 7: Didn't you get the last one? Hawk and we were all over at your house, was at the Manipac yao bit.
Speaker 3: That was a long time, But that wasn't that those two. It was like a decade ago. Yeah, probably close hit. If somebody look it up.
Speaker 2: You hockey late late late teens. Maybe you did go to bed.
Speaker 3: Ye Lloyd Mayweather twenty fifteen, fifteen.
Speaker 7: I watched it at Dave and Busters in maple great spot.
Speaker 2: That absolutely checks out. Guess who the guess who American? Are they playing? The myth?
Speaker 3: And walked over Gosh maple Grove, Robert maple Grove. I don't know why, right, No, David Busters in maple Wood.
Speaker 2: Just the j C.
Speaker 3: Pennies and yeah, yeah, what happened with that? Oh geez, luish can't go to j C Penny in piece anymore?
Speaker 7: I mean I still will. I love that place. Yeah, my grandma worked, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why, the one that never took another lover? Correct, Yes she worked.
Speaker 4: There's no way to work at j C. Penny. Yes, she worked there and not take another lover?
Speaker 2: Is it like a slutty work?
Speaker 3: Think of all the guys that are in there, like looking for you know, like hardware?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you know J Penny. What does it stand for? Your brother? Your brother or your dad calls it shock pine my dad? Yeah, your dad does? Okay, does your brother Dov shop there.
Speaker 7: I don't think so, are there ready left on in Roosevelt? There's one in Maplewood.
Speaker 3: If your brother Dove shops at JAC Penny, is he the only person on the planet that watches American Dad and shops at j C Penny?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: Is that ven diagram just Dov waving watching Probably American Dad?
Speaker 2: Correct? I wonder if it's just him? It's okay, okay, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's definitely the only person that goes to j C Penny and has been to the gathering of the Juggalos.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably, yeah, probably. Yeah.
Speaker 3: He's so tough and has a Sean Kem throwback jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are a lot of them. Your brother is just a spin the wheel kind of create a player. Oh yeah, and then he wears a Daryl Strawberry jersey that checks out. What really matters is this?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I I when I'm traveling, I like to write down observations that I have. Some are are big and some are small. But here's one that I had on Sunday. Is there anybody angrier in the world than the people who drive the blue carts inside the airport? I know that you think you're transporting the Queen of England and a baby's heart. It needs to be getting to a hospitalism as possible. But if you beat that heart of me one more time, we're going to fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'll tailgate people walking.
Speaker 5: I know, and I'm walking and I've I've ridden the cart of course sometimes, but I generally don't. So when I do, I feel a little bit guilty about it, and I see the people that are usually riding it and I feel like, no, I can ride that. But it's always a little nerve wracking because I'm like, don't run this person.
Speaker 4: We're not at Bristol, you know, because this might be a listener, it might have that.
Speaker 2: Please that's abbot. He can't help while he's walking so slow.
Speaker 4: I mean, I want him to just understand that the rest of us forgot we were in the middle of three ninety four. We thought we were at the airport.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that Mark Roses. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw one the other day who literally looked like he just wanted to hit the gas and drive on through the crowd. He wished he was driving an eighteen wheeler.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah, they get annoyed. Oh yeah, even picking you up, I'm sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they aren't happy look, and I know.
Speaker 5: The deal and I don't care now if they don't want to do it there, but I'll just get in and I don't even try making small talk anymore. I used to, and they wanted no part of it, so very angry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they take it out and that people do we.
Speaker 3: Have lawsuits of those carts just clipping somebody and significantly damaging them.
Speaker 4: I've never heard of it, but I would.
Speaker 2: I would. They have the cameras on there for a reason. I'm guessing some people.
Speaker 3: In the history of airports, somebody must have been run over a clips possible to not have it at least a.
Speaker 2: Handful of that. Watch John drive away. Yeah, he said.
Speaker 4: Us, Yeah, you don't hit a consolars.
Speaker 2: No, that's me.
Speaker 5: And they'll give they'll give like a little nod to the other ones driving by, almost like oh I need you clip today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a jeep wave. Or look at this idiot I'm toting around.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, this kind is fast.
Speaker 2: I got my in there.
Speaker 5: I get too that they'll be a little annoyed because we have to hook the wheelchair on the back that that deal that sticks up on it, so we lift it on there. I know how to do it, so I'm like, here, I'll just do it. And I think they're like, no, I have to help or at least look like I am, and they're just like, I don't want to do this anymore.
Speaker 3: The Minnesota Timberwolves are at the Blazers tonight at nine o'clock. The Wolves are coming off a loss to Philly on Sunday. They are now thirty five and twenty three. Portland is twenty eight and thirty. DraftKings has the Wolves as five and a half point favorites.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this ry.
Speaker 4: You know one thing for sure about the Alamo, and that is there's no basement. Did you know what year it was that the Alamo was attacked and the people called for help where you already think it was that they were remembering the Alamo about and remember they asked you to remember, and you know you didn't, so welcome, thanks for letting them down.
Speaker 3: Well hand, we have to let Soasce go first, just in case he says like eleven twenty six, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Please remember Davy boone, come on our consolar.
Speaker 5: S eighteen ninety four bad good, okay, us, I'm gonna go, man.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's maybe in the mid nineteenth century, something like eighteen.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, we should all know this. We sure should all know this.
Speaker 4: Say I have too. They asked us to remember it. It's right in the middle of downtown sant ant Down.
Speaker 2: Le'm gon say eighteen nineteen. I'll go eighteen seventy, they were of eighteen twelve of something to do with this. I'm gonna go with eighteen fifteen.
Speaker 4: Eighteen thirty six. There you go, eighteen thirty six. February twenty fourth of eighteen thirty six, in San Antonio, Texas, Colonel William Travis issue to call for help on behalf of the Texan troops defending the Almo, an old Spanish mission and fortress underseas by the Mexican Army with no basement. A native of South Carolina, Travis moved to the Mexican state of Texas in eighteen thirty one became a leader of the growing movement to overthrow the Mexican government and all down.
Speaker 3: See today, even if the year was way off, we should have all known post civil war or pre civil war. And I was on the wrong side of that. You know what I'm saying, Like I know. I wasn't on the wrong side of the Civil War. Oh, I was on the wrong side of it. I was on the wrong side of the guests.
Speaker 2: Of Thank you. That was on the wrong side of that one. That's bothers.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's a different time.
Speaker 2: Yes, things have changed progress.
Speaker 5: It is a very small I had heard that before seeing it, that the Almo is very unremarkable as far as the size of it, and I still somehow it was like, holy smokes, this thing is tiny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agreed. I was shocked as well. I've never a city man a cool that that lower walkway, the river, the city core.
Speaker 2: You always talk about that like closes at like seven pm. No, Houston is a ghost town. No, Austin's cool. San Antonio is fantastic.
Speaker 4: I really like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I've not been.
Speaker 4: I went one time to see the Wolves play the Spurs.
Speaker 2: Believe it or not? Really? Story? What do Bay and Pa? True story? Wait?
Speaker 3: You yeah, it's a true story. And you like broadcast from the river walk don't you?
Speaker 2: Yep? True story? And I asked a question without offending you.
Speaker 4: Sure why you still wondering?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't remember that. Do you remember what I remember?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a client center.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeh, that's sweet. The Gopher women are at Illinois on Sunday.
Speaker 3: That is their final regular season game for the twenty one and seven Gophers. One more game to go before all the tournaments. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: The famous line from the Alamo?
Speaker 2: Of course, kiss me close.
Speaker 4: Second most famous was victory or death, to which Santa Anna said, okay, yeah, yeah, but they did take out six hundred of Santa Anna's men. He just had way more.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Is that where the Santa Ana wins comes from?
Speaker 4: I believe it is. Yes? Cool, Well you should tell us, el CONSOLARSU tell us.
Speaker 2: I'm discussing because I didn't pay much close attention in history or any of those classes. Any class, any class, zero classes?
Speaker 3: What class you think you you honestly tried the hardest in or paid attention the most?
Speaker 4: And lunch doesn't count.
Speaker 3: Munch doesn't count, recess doesn't count, home room doesn't.
Speaker 2: Count, physical education does that count? Come on? I mean, he may have paid attention, but he wasn't trying. That's a two seed next year.
Speaker 4: Can we talk about this or did I dream it? Or was I talking about somebody out there about having to climb the rope when you were a kid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, we talked about Yeah.
Speaker 4: I still can't believe I'm sitting here now. I still can't believe they made us do that. Yeah, there's a method that's too inches thick.
Speaker 5: It's good though, too, because you you've got to hang on or you might die.
Speaker 4: You might die.
Speaker 2: That's good for people to have battle through it.
Speaker 4: Sure, I can't imagine they have kids do that today, or they have actual masses we had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we had a harness system.
Speaker 4: Oh, kids didn't even do that.
Speaker 2: It takes all the fun.
Speaker 5: You guys, you got to learn to fall to your death. You need you need artists man like both on.
Speaker 2: A rope, burned, fear of death, livers from the bad rope. Yeah, the roof was terrible. Why how sauce?
Speaker 3: What class do you think you paid attention in the most and tried the hardest in.
Speaker 2: What subject?
Speaker 7: I mean probably keyboarding because it was as laid back as it wasn't possible actual information learning.
Speaker 2: This will shock you here.
Speaker 7: I took like a video class, and uh like we had to like a like a yeah video and editing and all that. We had to make like a small video well, nobody wanted me on their group. I wonder why, Well, yeah, I don't blame them, but uh, I got in a group. This is one hundred percent of true story. And it was a couple of guys that were very nice and they said, we don't need your help.
Speaker 2: We'll put your name on the video. And I'm like, sounds great, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is that.
Speaker 2: Really is in honor of our guy.
Speaker 3: So you were basically ogre and this was Lewis and Gilbert going there like we don't get it, just don't get up.
Speaker 7: We'll put directed by Paul Lambert at the end. And they got an A and I got an A.
Speaker 2: And you did zero things zero but.
Speaker 7: That were in the class by staying out of the way. I was more they were. I was more used to them not getting in their way, right, you know. But probably keyboarding because that was I think I took that in my junior year and that's when I discovered the sweet release of Mary Jane.
Speaker 2: That was a fun class to so so elicon.
Speaker 3: So like, so you you're saying a couple of guys basically took you on their on their backs and said just don't get in our way.
Speaker 2: And we're going to get you a good grade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a grade meeting like the Nielsen ratings you are corrector streaming numbers or podcast numbers.
Speaker 7: You guys are my clicks. Yes, and we just say to you, just don't get in our work. Just don't get in the way. We don't care you have to say, we don't.
Speaker 5: You have really cracked the code, buddy, I have. I'm lucky to have all of you, and you were all important. Now I feel like we're tri lambs and you're in alpha beta. We're getting maybe we're getting played and just don't realize it.
Speaker 4: I just think that we are part of.
Speaker 2: Cartel.
Speaker 4: Cartel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, But I don't fear like he's gonna kill me. No, I don't think that you would.
Speaker 5: So when I come back next Friday, I'll know all hell broke loose when I see like vehicles on fire and no l consolar.
Speaker 2: Yeah got rolled up by Yeah Yeah, they're here for me. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of a speaking of the Mexico situation, remember we just announced like last week, not we the NFL announced it right there were They're gonna go play in Mexico City, right, the Niners and.
Speaker 2: Uh there's people who think it might be the Vikings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the other hot runners that you know as of now, that game is still on because it's February, right, Like.
Speaker 2: This will be for sure, it should be long long gone.
Speaker 3: But just in case, these people have already asked and uh, ESPN articles saying sources are saying so far, there's no reason that the game would be off.
Speaker 4: It's too far out o cons Larsa's got money on it. Yeah, oh yeah, they won't, you know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna take a while for things to calm down. After the death of the Lord of the Roosters.
Speaker 7: That drug group was like, who can we use that will never get in our way?
Speaker 2: Directed by Paul Lamber. It would have been great if they were to have just faded to black and just said Paul Lambert joint or that that would help.
Speaker 5: They literally told me that we don't need your help, stay out of the way.
Speaker 2: We'll put your name on I.
Speaker 4: Believe you say every morning in here.
Speaker 2: Correct what really matters? After this on the fan.
Speaker 7: We all had that one teacher who believed in us show your gratitude with think a teacher powered by donors Jews nominate a public school teacher to win five thousand dollars for their classroom. This week, we want to give a shout out to Eileen Jennius, a special education teacher at Carver Elementary School, nominate of the teacher to Think Today at iHeartRadio dot com slash Teachers.
Speaker 4: By the way, Abbot nailed he remembered who the client was for San Antonio.
Speaker 2: I can guess you probably don't.
Speaker 4: Yah, yeah, probably not.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't say them, probably not, but right that You're.
Speaker 4: Exactly right yet And the best part was that we thought we were going down to be celebrated. We're being yelled at. Oh really because of the supposed to be taking the product, you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, But then we found out later we were really glad we weren't.
Speaker 2: Makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey man, Paul, you were going to say something.
Speaker 2: I think I agree.
Speaker 4: Please don't text me bad things.
Speaker 2: Are you guessing the client because you're you're right? I texted to you.
Speaker 4: Oh, let me see if I get okay there does think? Yeah, exactly, that's it. Yeah, you're right, yeah, yep, that's right.
Speaker 3: Let's do more of what really matters your scores and stats around the worldless Boors Crystal, change your life for something else.
Speaker 4: Oh, I have good news. I just read something I didn't know about and I'm super excited. Okay, I'm gonna go first. Yeah, I'll go first. So I read this book a long time ago. I should say I listened to it. I always have to say that because people yell at me, because people are buttholes. It doesn't matter if I listen to it. I consume it exactly right. There's a book called Lincoln in the bar Dough. I was just talking about this the other day, and it's about Abraham Lincoln, technically about his son who passes away. Okay, and uh, I'm Abraham Lincoln going to the cemetery. It's a it's you know, not what do they call historical fiction. It's about Abraham Lincoln going to visit his son's grave in the cemetery, but his son's ghost being in the cemetery. It's called Lincoln in the Bard and freaking Tom Hanks is going to play Abraham Lincoln in the movie.
Speaker 5: No Way, Yeah, and he will knock it out of the park.
Speaker 3: He will kill it as great, as Hanks says, though that's really hard to even within ten years follow.
Speaker 2: Daniel Lewis right right, right?
Speaker 3: That was so good, Like, you know, it's like you almost have to wait like almost a full generation to get away from that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, this is what they will be able to do because obviously the kid is a ghost, right, and there are other ghosts in the cemetery, and that's that's the story of him learning about how much his dad loved him because his dad, you know, the son was eleven years old. Themes of love and empathy and human capacity and stuff. But I wonder how they'll do the I hope they don't just make them people walking around. I hope they kind of take some ghost stuff, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Well, did you did you see this part?
Speaker 3: It is a hybrid live action stop motion animation film.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's so okay.
Speaker 3: So it is essentially going to be a nightmare before Christmas Coraline with the kid from Big as Lincoln.
Speaker 4: There's a ghost in my boot yep. So that's really cool.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Man, what a great story. That was just breaks your heart but very very good. You know, old Abe didn't have the best life. That's a hard life, man, especially the end. Yeah, and his wife he had to go to a play. Yeah, well played.
Speaker 2: He was like, thank you, Wow, brilliant is going nowhere? This is awful.
Speaker 4: It's just like, can you ask me to do it?
Speaker 2: Put me out?
Speaker 4: Isn't too soon? I mean it's been two hundred years.
Speaker 2: I do believe it's too soon.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, man, I'm excited about that.
Speaker 3: Adam Schefter confirmed that Fernando Mendoza will not throw with the NFL Combine sauce.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I think Ty Simpson will the Alabama quarterback, but uh yeah, that's uh, probably he smart. When you're gonna be the number one overall pick, Lieber made the joke off there yesterday that he probably has already bought a home in the seven oh two. Uh, he will be the number one overall pick. There's no point in him throwing.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares. Don't you understand that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right about that. I need that access to that button. I love that right.
Speaker 3: No, but you're right again. I've seen that movie dozens of times. Why did I not think about that button in the past. It's just too good. Nobody cares. Don't you understand that? Oh that's the correct response.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna find one of your Corey Coke pages and put them on.
Speaker 2: God, that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even like his I don't know the like his cadences, like the his voices.
Speaker 6: Nobody canbody cares. Don't you understand that? And to understand?
Speaker 2: Oh man, I love that voice.
Speaker 4: It means what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, nobody cares.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares.
Speaker 2: They trashed our house.
Speaker 4: Big deal, here's one.
Speaker 6: We're nothing.
Speaker 2: Oh buddy, it's not okay.
Speaker 4: That's okay.
Speaker 6: I'm a nerd.
Speaker 4: I know me too.
Speaker 2: My turn a year term. It's your term. Yeah right, what really matters? Is this?
Speaker 4: All right? Cool? I'll give you one. I got a riled up hm hmm. No, that's so fine. I'll go and stay with me. That ain't good, Okay, I got this. It's been four years since the Russians invaded the Ukraine. Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: That's wild? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Four years?
Speaker 2: Time is a bitch. Yes, it is a.
Speaker 4: War of attrition now, which I never would have guessed. Uh, looks like it's a conflict that's seen unprecedented, unprecedented widespread use of technology like militarized drones, and around six million refugees fleeing four years.
Speaker 5: Huh yeah mm hmm, yere up and no end in so really and the problem obviously too is like you want it to end because that's there are people suffering. But then just from a standpoint of the fact, it's like, we're spending roughly what five percent of our defense budget to decimate one of our biggest adversaries.
Speaker 2: It's a pretty.
Speaker 5: Financially and think of the stuff that's being tested over there and the people we have involved. And I mean you're looking at you're getting a peak at one of your biggest adversaries capacity.
Speaker 2: It's wild.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's watching a preseason game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know which is right around the corner. Hawk.
Speaker 5: How excited are you for preseason football? We can't wait. My prosthetic. By the way, it sounds like.
Speaker 4: A fun it does sound like I thought you farted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The son of Philip Rivers, whose first name is also a Philip, but he goes by his middle name, Gunner Rivers, Yes, has committed to North Carolina.
Speaker 2: State at the same college as his dad.
Speaker 6: Nobody cares. Don't you understand that?
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure if people cared or not. That's yeah, he's a four star quarterback. What better place to row the boat? Than Rivers. Let's go, why couldn't we get Gunner River Row the boat on the rivers? But he's state, Yeah, Gunner was Gunner Nelson from one of those screaming long Hair bands that I really did.
Speaker 2: He loved this stream in Long Hairs? Is that their best song?
Speaker 4: I think so? I think so. Sorry, Craig had Bob just jumped.
Speaker 2: Out, how many times have you seen Nelson?
Speaker 4: A lot? About five times? I got the all right, I'm just gonna say it. I got the crabs. I believe at a Nelson concert. I believe that that's where I got it. Well, technically after.
Speaker 5: It was that, yeah, so it wasn't during the encore?
Speaker 4: Was that lady?
Speaker 2: How do I ask this? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: All consolarsie?
Speaker 2: That were your boughts at the time? When whoa is that? That? Lady?
Speaker 4: No, thank you, all consolarsie. I looked down and I went big deal, just kept right all moving.
Speaker 3: You didn't care, sauce what Nelson concert would you rather see then Nelson Brothers or that Nelson do a cappella?
Speaker 2: That one not?
Speaker 6: Come on?
Speaker 2: No? What if he just did R and B hits.
Speaker 3: From the nineties. But he's saying it with that voice. That'd be great. What was that thing we were all tagged in? I think Zachly you were tagged in at that concert that's coming back? Is it rat?
Speaker 2: We were you you?
Speaker 4: That's great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I think they're making a comeback or something.
Speaker 4: I don't believe.
Speaker 2: No, you responded, I don't know. We're talking about.
Speaker 3: Does the gal that does the gal that do Bart that does Bart's voice also do now since oh no kidding, she does like ten. I just was was not sure if they were the same person. Who knows, Hey, there's Martie Gilling there.
Speaker 2: But what really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: If a great white shark swimming into a pond sounds like something out of a movie, that's because it is. Yeah, remember the infamous scene in Jaws. Well, the shark swims into a pond just where people thought they'd be safe.
Speaker 3: I've never understood that, Like when you know, when when you grow up in Minnesota and you hear the word pond, you think like a super tiny little lake right enclosed, like surrounded by land.
Speaker 2: So when they're screaming like there's a shark in the pond, a shark.
Speaker 3: And then Brody's wife goes, well, Michael's in the pond, and I'm like, that just looks like it's the ocean. What am I missing here? I've never understood what makes that a quote pond? Never bothered to look it up and go, what am I missing? But yeah, I guess that's a I don't get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well it happened in real life, apparently in two thousand and four. Greg Scommel, who's a some kind of shark expert, what is it?
Speaker 2: Some kind of bull shark, tager shark?
Speaker 4: He said, I certainly wasn't expecting to get a phone call telling me that a huge female great white shark had wandered into a small saltwater pond off Naushon Island close to Woods Hole, Massachusetts. Hey, Marns. They named her Gretel, and they used it as a great opportunity to gather more scientific information about the species and the origin. He used a sling spear to attach a satellite tag so he could follow her movements when she returned to ocean water, the first Atlantic white shark to be satellite tagged in history because she went into a pond. Damn, wow, pretty cool right?
Speaker 2: Oh wait I just looked it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pond is an area of water smaller than a lake, often artificially made. So I wonder if that's wretch in the movie Jaws. Theoretically, I wonder if that stretch was like, we're for boats out right.
Speaker 2: I wonder that's the.
Speaker 3: Reason why it's a pond, because otherwise I don't understand about picturing.
Speaker 4: You guys have been to Grammar Ray, Yes, yeah, you know that that part where the where the boats come in. There's like a lighthouse right there and it's kind of surrounded by I wonder if that's kind of would be considered like a pond, but it's more like yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess we.
Speaker 2: Just don't know aquatic terms.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right, I know aquatic turns.
Speaker 7: H By the way, that concert was WASP is coming back?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, where they playing my Dinah ballroom? They're probably playing there.
Speaker 4: They're playing here.
Speaker 2: They're not playing there. They're too big.
Speaker 4: You know, I'm a wild child, Come and love me. I want you.
Speaker 2: What does WASP stand for?
Speaker 4: We are sexual perverts or we are Satan's people? Either one. I'm not sure. I didn't know for.
Speaker 2: Sure, Little column, a little columnbie.
Speaker 4: But I remember in my junior year in uh Junior Deals nineteen sixty nine. Gto nice listening to Wasp on the way to a football game on a Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: If that ain't a fictional Indiana characterized Junior Deals.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you right down, man, it's a three speed on the floor. And he could do wheelies with the sum bitch because he put four I think they're called four or eight gears. There were drag racing gears, and that some bitch could do wheelies. And I kid you not. I can't believe we lived.
Speaker 2: When you listen to Wasp, what a memory? That is good?
Speaker 4: Don't talk to me on Consolar say we have a WASP.
Speaker 3: Was terrible sauce. Outside of the two that he just suggested. What could WASP stand for?
Speaker 2: Wasp? Wayne and Steve Parker?
Speaker 4: Why why would you at least say Steve Perry, he's right there, right.
Speaker 2: Steve Perry.
Speaker 3: Why wouldn't he be if it had nothing to do with the actual band, If it was just like this is like Kenny, Wayne Shepherd and Steve Perry.
Speaker 4: He is these people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the first Wayne I can think of?
Speaker 4: You got a great.
Speaker 3: And Steve Perry formed a band called Wasp it's just Wayne and Steve Perry. But you did Wayne and Steve Parker. I don't know who that is, Peter about Avatar, A brother probably man. Yeah, well like I know, Okay. Anyway, Mary's here, Marty's here. I'm worried about it, and I got to hit the wrong a little early. I gotta get to work. I love you all and I will see you next Friday. Skull Vikings Scull.
Speaker 2: You say you and are elect.
Speaker 5: Go to my website, check out the refreshed John criestl dot com and book before your next event the website.
Speaker 2: Get a revan. Yeah, partial are full frontal all.
Speaker 4: That's all you booking for.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's true. Wow, John cries dot com.
Speaker 4: Love you guys, Love youbody.
Speaker 3: Mari Yell there joins in a second, this is the power too. Won't need him on the fan.