Speaker 1: The News Junkie starts now. It is Friday, August seventh, twenty twenty six. Wats to get to today from the FCC won't like this to Coca Cola is under fire for a wild viral video, and a man tries to blame his tesla for speeding. Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam more Sea Lane is here. Shosh is with us, Oh boy, and so are you. You can join us today, he said a dispatch on thenewsjunkie dot com or in the app right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube man Twitch dot tv, Slash the News Jokie. Your message is rolling right in the studio in real time. And this never ever ever happens. Friends, What's going on? I can't believe it. I have to tell you this is breaking news incoming right here. Has been handed to me hot off the presses. We have a last minute message. It appears to be from the grim Reaper on top of that hospital. Let's see what he said.
Speaker 2: Wait, Friday, we did it.
Speaker 1: Everybody. We at LA through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday has arrived. Patch yourself on the back. He already didn't believe it. Hed a gun. You guys every day feeling good. He needs a self soothe a little bit that. Josh, you know a good job. You did a good job today. You did too. Look at you making it through the week. They said you couldn't do it, but you did it. We got a lot on deck today. How is everybody doing on a Friday? I survived taking out the recycling. That a win. Can we reset the clock or whatever?
Speaker 3: That one?
Speaker 4: It has been one week, uh one one accident free recycle week.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, indeed. Also we're trying out something new today. It's the greatest feature in the history of streaming. Oh, the Great Coderino has brought to you. It's unbelievable feature. Uh, it's so nobody's ever thought of somebody this. When you if you are somebody who gifts subs subscriptions, premium subscriptions to the News Junkie so you can support the show. It's always asked you if you have a message, and I was like, people put these messages in there and I feel so bad. It's like a message that goes to nowhere. So I Jill today got to codin The Great Coderino Presents. Now, if you put a message with your gifted subscription. If you're watching over on YouTube dot com slash the news junkie, you will see a small biplane driven by or flown by the fickle beasts. How do you know the sexuality of the plane. And it's a two winged or one wing I don't even know. It's a small plane which will fly by dragging a banner with your message across the screen. It's the greatest thing in the history of streaming. All right, everybody else might as well bow out of this streaming game. Nobody has ever had a system for putting a message on a stream before I know, I show speed can suck it. You got nothing on this. All the top streamers you wish you had this. A little plane will drag a banner with your gifted message across the screen. It's just unbelievable. So to the person, the brilliant individual who coded that, and yep, congratulations for the great coat Areno, Oh that's me, Yes, this is me patting myself on the back. Well, all started out quite masturbatory. Oh the whole thing's going this way. Just yeah, so just the whole show going in that direction. Let's put our ears to the ground our fingers of the pulse to see what's happened to this great, big, wide world of ours. And we go to a traffic guy on the local news. This still exists. It's kind of weird. It seems like one of those things that like technology really replaces anybody telling you about the traffic on your radio or on your television screen. I mean, like, I can just look at my dash and the road is red ahead. I don't need I don't.
Speaker 4: Need you to be like, sure, you're right, but I mean it's I think it's good. And I think some of the oldos still like to get that from the news instead of an app. Why is the road red? You know, I don't think they get it. For TV stations, It's never been easier to have content like this because at least in Florida, all the traffic cameras are free online. You can just pull them up and air hm whenever you want. That's true. Yeah, you're right about that. Okay, let's go to this guy. He's from Channel nine, it's an ABC affiliate. And as he he's telling everybody about some traffic tie ups on I seventy one, something happens and he makes a bit of a mistake here he.
Speaker 5: Goes slowing down both sides around this cars while it's that on ramp.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I'm so sorry. This literally just watched the crash.
Speaker 5: In real time, and I almost said something inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he got so close to it that I had to just censor it. Anyways, if you spelled it, it would have been s hi ii ii ii ii ii, you know. And it was that dad far along, Dad far along thing she would have to and and it was right like, as he's pointing on the big screen behind him, there's an accident and it just scares the hell out, slowing.
Speaker 5: Down both sides around this cars while it's that on ramp. Oh oh, I'm so sorry. This just watched the crash, yeah, real time, and I home said something inappropriate.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what. You're okay, buddy, but the FCC would like to see you right now. You are probably gonna be hauled off to the prison FCC. Whatever your name is, mister traffic guy on the TV, Bye bye for now.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: I think he survived. I think he's doing okay. Everything is going well in his world. I did have a runner up, but I didn't like I was so scared of playing this because I thought there's like this really tiny pocket chance that it was fake, because it's just so impressive that I can't bring myself to believe it. But it made me feel good. It made me like have a good time and smile on a Friday. So I want to bring it to you and Seilane, you tell me if you think this is real. Look at this kid, Jackson, better get moved. That is a small child. Okay, this kid is allegedly six years old and he's at a local talent show. This six year old has an electric guitar. I like his choice of song. This six year old is cool, he is, But is this real? He has a full size electric guitar. It's like heavy is him? You know, Like the neck on the guitar is like the full extent of where he can go and reach for stuff and they go. Our next person up for the talent show is a little boy just turned six years old and he's here to play a song you might find familiar. Any chance that's real, I can't play that just for the record window, so shut your mouth. He's definitely playing to a track, but he's he's rocking out money for nothing. Man, that's realesome. You think he says the one word in the song, he drops the half word for getting he's hearing in the makeup. If he drops that, he's just uh yeah, I don't know, very very impressive, not that part.
Speaker 6: Not that.
Speaker 1: But for those of you who don't play guitar, it's it's not the easiest song to play. Oh, I think he's screwing up. Yeah, I think he screwed up slightly. The craziest thing in the world is I remember with my coked up guitar teacher r I P and piece. I remember, do you know that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I think, like years and years and years ago, that guy wasn't long for this world. Man, that guy not account of the cocaine. Oh my god, like that. He was one of those guys. I gotta get in all these lessons. I gotta I gotta get this knowledge beamed into me while I still have the chance, because this guy is circling the drain. You know, you ever seen when you were in the mood to party in Taiwan on and you go, all right, let's party a little bit, and then they they they rock out one about the size of this pen, you know what I mean, Like just so fun you go, whoa buddy and if and a holy cow, like that's my guitar teacher was like that. And I remember the first couple of lessons I had when I was well, I was older than this kid. I was about twelve or thirteen when I first started learning how to play the guitar. Peaked around thirteen and a half, and at first it was and Seiland will maybe make fun of me or maybe agree. At first, when I was learning, it hurt my fingers to actually even like push down the strings and make up.
Speaker 4: It's very common if you don't, if you're not calloused up. In fact, if I were to try and go and play a gig at a bar, I would probably my fingers would probably be hurting by the end of it, just because it's been so long since I've played, like a long time like that. But they get like hardened, right, Yeah, you need to get palused up so you don't feel it anymore. But when I was learning, my dad had a twelve string guitar and that was easier on my fingers because there's you know, it's kind of like the reason you can lay on a bed of nails and not have all of them poke you or like go through your skin. Whatever science is, the distribution of pressure is more. Somebody Patty Whack and sat on TJ. Chad says, question is could sean play better than a six year old?
Speaker 1: Not this one, my man, like, that's pretty cool. Probably a line of six year old girls just waiting for the rock star to come off the stage. Give your kid, I say this, I say this to you. It's the only advice I'm going to give you. All right. Three things. One, do the best you can to raise your kid to be a good person. Number two, teach your kid to play an instrument, and a cool one. Not the bass guitar. Never the bass guitar. Nothing against bass guitar players, but it's always like the young guys playing the guitar. No, I'm playing the bass guitar, the electric guitar, or drums. Drums are very cool. Drummers are always very cool. Okay, girls like drummers and they like guitarists and singers. Okay, have your kid be a good person. Teach them how to play one instrument, and make them learn how to dance. Those are the three things. Those are the three things, and they'll never struggle. They'll be fine for their entire lives, just adorable little kids. Don't forget. We do have a contest underway, as we always do with rate my blank, and this week it's been rate my blank, rate my dad joke, and I'll be honest with you, some of them have not been great. They book but there's four bookmarked so far, and only out of pity. Here's an example of some of the submissions we're getting for rape my Dad joke this week. You can send yours in via text to speech or record your voice as a dispatch, or like this one. Here's keeler, what kind of bees make milk boobies? I think you got it right. I think you see the voice kind of made me laugh a little bit. Boobies, Casey, casey, milk booby booby. You know that scream is a goat, right, That's the best thing about it is that scream is a goat. There's so so many of these, and some of them are so terrible.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Here's another, kay.
Speaker 7: Sean, I only know twenty five letters of the alphabet. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I think the why didn't come through it didn't sound like it. Another one.
Speaker 4: A Roman walks into a bar, holds up two fingers and says five beers please.
Speaker 1: I get it. Okay, there you go. See these are your competitors, folks. It's crazy. It's this slim pickens out there for rate my blank rate my dad. Joke this week, couple of emails to kick us off. Here here is tea emailing the show. TM says, hey, you shouldn't be a greep. I don't know. I'm not firing Roman. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Hey, Sean, just hit me and you have to bookmark it. Going back to the bookmarking, hang on, you just forgot it. It made no sense. I thought his fingers had been blown off in the war or something. That's where you went, you Romans fingers blown off in the war, or like he's like in a spear battle with another Roman and he loses his fingers, And that's what I took away. Joke.
Speaker 4: A Roman walks into a bar, holds up two fingers and says five beers please.
Speaker 1: Now I get it, I get it all right. You want to be God h Moses Win our attorney will be hanging out with this in a second I've got to pick a side that is an absolute banger for everybody. Wait till you hear this in just a moment. But let me get to this. Says Hey Sean. I've heard you say several times on the show you're again the death penalty, But then I've also heard you many times say somebody should die for their crime. The latest was the guy who sexually battered an eleven year old. You said, the only issue you have with the father is that he didn't kill him. Now, I'm for the death penalty for my own reasons, and I respect your opinion, but you can't have it both ways, says TM, thinking he has me pinned on hypocrisy on display lies. But little do you know, TM, this is a well thought out thing in my world. I've had this opinion for a very very very long time, and I am against the state taking away a life because if there's any instance out there where somebody is innocent and the state kills them, meaning the apparatus of government kills the person, that's one is too much like accidentally killing a person the state right one is too much. However, if somebody wants to kill somebody else in an act of revenge. I care not much at all to say. To say the least, I if if somebody sees their order abused by some grown ass man their eleven year old daughter, as was the case here, and they want to take them out of the back porch and handle it themselves, that's completely different the vigilante justice response justice. These kind of things are different. You take them case by case. But yeah, I don't I don't think that hypocrisy. My problem is the state being involved in making the decision there when they could be making a mistake as opposed to the father in that case. But thank you, it's a good email. Nonetheless, tips at thenewsjunkie dot com and Charles emails and he says, obviously this is your own personal business. You don't have to answer if you don't want to. But I'm just curious, why don't you get a medical card? Then you can get whatever THHC product you want at the dispensary. I what a time to be alive, man. I saw a story yesterday and it was like I was like, imagine thirteen year old me with my guitar in my hand hearing this news story, and it was California opens its first self service check out at a weed dispensary. Oh yeah, And I was like, Wow, how the times have changed here? What what a time to be alive. But I don't like I don't mess around with that stuff very much, and I don't do a lot of I don't take a lot of mediciner pills. I take hocus pocus stuff basically, but I don't like to alter my body other than with alcohol, which I really really like to do. And that may make no sense to you, but the thhds that I take before going to bed just I'm drinking a drink just like a mocktail with TC and it helps me sleep. I don't want any more than that, So I haven't felt the need to go try to get like a you know, a license or whatever I think Josh has.
Speaker 4: I mean, they have a point to like, you know, if you find that they do actually take away the THHD drinks, it might be worth looking into. It doesn't mean you have to become a full on, raging pothead, but you could probably get something at the medicinal dispense, you know, like like droplets or something. You just you can have a club soda drip drip drip drip droplets. I can store so many of those too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, get some tinctures going, Moses, I've got a h I've got a joke coming in for you. Are you interested? Or I suppose he was shaking his head.
Speaker 4: The first thing he heard when he walked in today was dad jokes and not good ones.
Speaker 1: We have to pick one, but this is what we have saddled ourselves with.
Speaker 8: Here you have it a joke me, Moses, I'm sure, give me minute, I got plenty of.
Speaker 9: All right, here's the one for you. Here's youckers. Here's a joke from mom. Why did the bread save the chicken cutlet? Because it was in palm's way?
Speaker 1: Man, I love palm joke? Not bad? Does it win the bookmark from you? Or no?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry you heard it here. First emotion has been denied. When we come back, I have the one of the best pick asides we've in a while, and I want you guys to clear your brains and get ready for this. I'm gonna play it for you. We'll go on a bit of a journey and a pick a side is coming up next. On the news junkieh name when what is a while clip I have for you? Wait for it, embrace yourself a pick aside on the way, and I imagine you'll do just that. We demand that much of you. Welcome in, friends, Hope you're having a good time. Learn more about the show in the world's most viral newsroom over on thenewschunkie dot com. Okay, it's been a while since we've had a really top notch pick a side, I think, but I've got one on my hands here, so I hope everybody's ready and on board to get your brains prepared. The only rules to a pick a side, Seeleane. As you know, Josh Moses, as you all know, is there's no fence sitting. We must pick a side. Who is right, who is wrong, and all of that good stuff. No fence sitting aloud, So let's pick a side. It's such a great clip. This is uh, something happened in Parker, Colorado. I believe Parker, Colorado, and a police officer has pulled over a man for excessive speeding. This man is pulled over in his tesla. Let's go to the scene and see what happened. You got to pick a side. Who's in the right the person in this car or the police officer pulling him over?
Speaker 11: Here we go Hi, yes, sir, A little fast I was I wasn't driving.
Speaker 10: That's assess driving or the pilots.
Speaker 2: You're in charge, though, so I need to see your driver's license.
Speaker 10: I ain't tested, but I wasn't driving, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You're in the driver's seat. You can you can say, you can blame the car all you.
Speaker 10: Want, but but how can we potm said, I wasn't you.
Speaker 2: Have a driver's The car doesn't have a driver's license.
Speaker 1: I need to see your driver's license.
Speaker 10: Well, I can't get anything like us because this is what wasn't me, s sir, I need to see your drivers Yes, I can give you no not.
Speaker 2: First of all, the first thing I need to see is your driver's license. That's the number one thing.
Speaker 1: Finally, he's getting out his driver's license. You can see where this is going. This guy says, how can I be getting a ticket right now? I'm not even driving this car. If you want to give somebody a ticket, you give the Tesla a ticket. I'm not the one driving. Bold move, cod Yes, it is a bold move. Seaway. It is a bold move, but he's going to try it out. Here. He is saying that I'm not driving the car. The Tesla was in autopilot at that moment. I'm almost angry at you for pulling me over. We'll get to Moe's legal thoughts on whether this would hold up in just a moment's getting out his license here. It wasn't it wasn't my fault, he.
Speaker 12: Issues, all right, sir, I did right your ticket for speeding sixty four and a forty five. Sure how this whole thing works, but it's not the first person I stopped.
Speaker 1: It's been an autopilot.
Speaker 2: I don't know why they decided to speed. There's no way to speed limit here is sixty five or whatever I thought it was.
Speaker 10: It's almost four, So, like, is this happened? You're telling me that this is not a first pan that you go over with the Tesla?
Speaker 2: Yes, So how do you figure out how I figure out?
Speaker 10: What aren't you figured out in the court?
Speaker 11: And when you talk to the gests or when I'm talking to the jets, I'm going to figure out I wasn't driving.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter your So he's saying, now, when I talked to the judge. What am I supposed to do? Because I wasn't driving this car, I cannot get a ticket. I wasn't speeding, I wasn't making the decisions. No, no, no in charge here. I was just sitting here. I might as well have been a passenger in this vehicle. I might as well be in the passenger set in charge of the car.
Speaker 10: No, sir, I was here.
Speaker 12: You're missing the point. You are driving, whether you and I was sitting, whether you turn.
Speaker 1: It's simmering right now. Just so you know, he's going to explode at the end of it.
Speaker 12: The car doesn't matter. You're still driving. You can say the car is driving.
Speaker 2: Is all you want. The judge is not going to play that game you were driving if.
Speaker 10: You chase the trust the car. I need to see your supervisor.
Speaker 12: This is your ticket, supern The bottom is a complaint number.
Speaker 10: If you want to talk to I just want to speak, wisdess.
Speaker 1: This is your copy.
Speaker 10: Do you want your drivers to spend so you can't a question me?
Speaker 12: Sir?
Speaker 2: Do you want your drivers?
Speaker 10: I want to go my drivers, but I need to speak before you resident.
Speaker 12: You can, like I said, you give a called schooze right now.
Speaker 2: You want me to call him here? Yes, well, I'll tell him that.
Speaker 1: You want him here. It's kind of amazing to me that this guy thinks if the supervisor arrives, he will obviously understand right, I'm not a supervisor. Be thrilled to be pulled away from whatever he's doing to talk to a man who thinks that he should not get a speeding ticket. Because it sounds like you're picking a side here. Are you suggesting that this person you're saying that the guys is in the idiot? Okay, all right? Uh Joshua about you? Have you lined up anywhere before? This guy's all right? You know the rules. You're not supposed to do that. I am gonna do it. Moses, from a legal standpoint, you are not even a smart question. Yes it is, Yes it is. Can't he say? I was not behind the controls of this vehicle. The automation determined what the speed limit was and went to what I thought was an appropriate speed. I was not the one who was hitting the accelerator. Here go after Tesla for this ticket? Is that going to work in front of a judge?
Speaker 8: I mean, you know, I love a good shaggy defense the old it wasn't me. But I don't think that's going to hold up here.
Speaker 1: It's not going to work for him. The judge is going to say you're responsible because you were actually physically behind the wheel. Of course he's getting angry. Is there a legal precedent for who's to blame when the car has no driver? Like if you if you were somewhere where they had like way mos or or in Orlando, there's a small window of area where they're testing out the Tesla robotaxi and there would be.
Speaker 4: That amount of time in between rides where the vehicle was driving around with nobody in it. If the if this happens, like if for some reason the software has a bug or something weird went down and the car violated a traffic law, is there anybody to cite?
Speaker 8: So, I mean when when the crashes occur. It's sort of a developing area of the law right now. It's basically a product's liability lawsuit where you're basically suing the manufacturer Tesla or whoever's you know or whoever it is, depending on the company, and you're assuming them and saying that they're live. Well, he's the product that they provided was defective. Now when it comes to you know, traffic laws, that's going to depend state by state as to what statutes they've put in place for autonomous driving and how they handle it, and if they even contemplated it when they drafted that statute.
Speaker 1: Somebody's saying they should tow his car. Just stop talking, says Kurt. The side of the road is not the place to discuss the finer points of the law. Finally, you have no idea, Kurt. I saw a video yesterday of a an active shootout going on with a guy who barricaded himself in a cheap motel and the police. That was not No, it was not my react to. The police are firing in with snipers into this guy's hotel room that he's barricaded in, and he's like filming himself and stuff, and he's firing back at the cops, and he shoots one of the cops and gets him like in the arm, the leg, and the cops shoot back at him and they hit him once or twice, and they're bringing in robots and all the like crazy swat technology, and they go to try to evacuate the woman in the hotel room adjacent to where this was all going down, and when they opened the door, they're like, man, we need to get you all out of here right now. The white woman goes, is somebody gonna pay for this? I wanted this room. I spent a lot of money on this. I want to be fully compensated within the line. And it's like, whoa, there's bullets flying around, people are dying. Like there's a lot of these sort of roadside legal arguments happening every day. I think this guy, though he's boiling over, he's getting angry. He thinks he's not responsible. It was on autopilot blamed tesla.
Speaker 4: He says, do you think he like honestly thinks that or is he just like trying to make an argument, Like do you think that if that's the case, he bought the tesla thinking oh I will never have to get speeding ticket.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think that. Listen to this guy. He just to ask for the supervisor. I think he's fully confident that he's not to blame, and that's why he's getting angry. So all the supervisors are busy.
Speaker 2: If you want to sit here and wait, you can. There's a court data on the take.
Speaker 11: It you would be here and then he would be come here because I got every recording right here. This is how you respond to me, be rude to me, this with the rispand I'm a good citizen. I didn't do anything wrong. I'm a zero criminal. You took me like that, like this. I didn't treat you like no, no, no, I have a witness. This is a witness. She got a witness.
Speaker 10: You told me like this. You want to see your driving. I'm a good okay, you can.
Speaker 1: Trick me like this.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna sit here and wait for this No, I.
Speaker 11: Want your supervisor right now, and you would be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let yourself on the side of the road for a while, he says. So Moses doesn't think this guy is gonna be us with this argument? Is zero criminal? Is it?
Speaker 13: He is?
Speaker 1: He did say I'm zero criminal? His zero criminal? This guy, well, now he's got a tiny little nick on his you know, on his resume. But I think this guy may just be at the forefront of these types of arguments. How different is it from being in a way mo with no driver to just being behind the wheel in the in the tesla? Is driving itself your honor? Huh? I submit to you that the vehicle made the decisions based on software created by humans, and those humans, not me, are the ones who are responsible for paying the speeding tickets.
Speaker 4: Allow me to enter into evidence, Sir, you say, the vehicle makes decisions. In the settings of the vehicle. You can pick whether you want it to be a good driver and follow the laws, or you can go to ludicrous speed or they have like a I forget what it's called on Tesla, but there there's like a crazy mode.
Speaker 1: Objection on the grounds that this is bad for my case. I'm fully rejecting your argument, and I'm standing by that this is automated vehicles. At what damn it overall is gonna happen? You tell us pick a side. Who is in the right, the comp or the guy who blames his Tesla for the speeding ticket. He wasn't even hitting the gas pedal. Well, I guess the accelerator, you would say, in this case, who's the blame? Pick aside? Friends, will hear from you, your dispatches, your emails and all the rest. In just a moment, the officer said, no matter what technology your vehicle has, the person behind the wheel is accountable for your vehicle's actions. These systems are designed to assist you, not drive for you. That's the statement from the Parker Police Department talking about this that happened, uh, just a couple of weeks ago where the guy blamed his own autopilot. All right, we'll get your thoughts. Oh my god, Oh, just a rush of dispatches here. These are going to be so he's gonna be rough. I think I don't know what we're gonna We'll see what you have to say, we'll see what's on your mind. You can leave yours at the news junkie dot com right now? Should we try one more? Sure? More, one more joke. It's it's rate my blank this week, rate my dad joke. And somebody has said, Sean, you got to understand the point of a dad joke is that sometimes it doesn't work, and that's why it's funny. I get it. If I didn't get it, well, we wanted to still be funny. But the some dad jokes are not funny, was what they were saying. Here's Kyle, if I can stay, Kyle, I got one for you. Why did the blind man fold down the well? You didn't see that? Well, there you are Okay, why did the blind man we got the well home screen at the end and try to try to make it better. Okay, here's here's here's Danny's bad dad joke.
Speaker 14: We all know why six was afraid of seven, but do you know why ten was scared?
Speaker 1: Because it was in the middle of nine to eleven. It's almost better how it's like a tower dropped at that moment, just right there. I'm bookmarking it. I'm bookmarking it. Uh, let's try Brenda.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I don't know if you got the last one, so it's Brenda the mel lady again. If you've got the last one, forget it. But I don't know how to send these things you.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So Duck walks into the bar, says to the bartender, got any bread? Bartender said nope. He waits a minute, says got any bread? Bartender said nope. Says got any bread? Bartender said no. And if you asked me again, I'm in a nail your beak to the bar.
Speaker 1: Got any nails?
Speaker 3: Duck says, got a hammer? Bartender says nope. Duck says, got any bread?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for your submission. It's a bill. Oh technicality. The technical police have arrived. Yeah, you're right, You're right, Josh, you're right, technically. One more, here's Missy.
Speaker 3: Hey, junkies, what is Michael Jackson's favorite restaurant?
Speaker 1: KFC? This a bad idea, Moses hang out. We've got another segment where we can I'm not sure that I want to. We could spend some time with you about Michael Jackson's favorite band. I Will I Will, I Will I Will not play as many of these during the next segment, but we still have to play something. They're floating in right now. A lot of people are setting in their dispatches, so we'll see what we get here. We've got another update on a story we've been following for quite a while. Another update on the clown who rang the doorbell. A ten year old or actually younger than ten, an eight year old driving a car got in trouble, and a whole bunch more. It's all coming up next on the News Junkie. Welcome in friend in the world's most so viral newsroom. The weekend is on and so are we so good to be with you. You look great, do you smell great? Today's shower? Did you well? And you can learn more about the show over at thenewsjunkie dot com. I remember our friend Moses Dewitted de witlaw firm. Moses, Hello, how are you hello? There?
Speaker 15: He is.
Speaker 1: We've got questions for you. Of course we'll get into some of those. And just a bit. One of the weirdest things I saw this week, mo is there was some guy was driving his car and let's see if I could bring this up so you could see the visuals on this. But he got word that his car insurance was going to be canceled if he didn't remove the stickers on his car. And I've never heard of this before, but like I guess this is some sort of thing that people do have to worry about. Like they say, if you get into an accident, your insurance will be voided because you have stickers on your car. Okay, well, I'm telling you this happened to a man named Simeon Chandra. What are guys laughing about? What's so funny? What's so funny right now?
Speaker 4: Your stupid plane just flew across because Seychelles gifted a sub and Sean sucks.
Speaker 1: Apple sucks iPhone sucks Sam. This is the greatest idea ever. I told you, I told you it was all right. Moses. You say you've never heard of this happening before. Here's the car in question. Now, these are not your ordinary stickers on the side of the car. It says Jesus Loves You. But it looks like they kind of did it themselves with like some sort of tape that they are like, yeah, it says. A Christian motorist was left shock after being told his car insurance would not continue unless you removed a handmaid Jesus Loved You Loves You sticker from his vehicle. His insurance company informed Simeon Chandra that it's underwriting. The department declined the modification done on the vehicle as per sticker is added on your car a bunch of demons. The thirty five year old driver was also warned his policy would be voided unless he removed the stickers and sending new, dated photos of his vehicle. He eventually agreed to this so he could keep his insurance. But they had said it's it's something called ghost skippy insurance.
Speaker 8: I don't know, that's like sounds real legit. It's firing peanut butter with every policy.
Speaker 1: It's one of those app insurance companies, Moses, So maybe we should start there, like, is there anything to worry about when he was like, Hey, this is an insurance company, but it's all APP based. Should I be trusting this?
Speaker 8: I mean, usually they're fine because to be a legit as long as they're a legitimate insurance company, they have to be you know, regulated by the State of Florida, they have to have certain amounts and reserves to pay claims. So long as they're you know, legitimate, that's perfectly fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, So as long as it's like you gotta make sure it's like got a good reputation, guess right, and.
Speaker 8: That they're actually as long as they're a real insurance company and they are registered with the state of Florida, you should be fine.
Speaker 1: And you've never heard anything before about if you've got a bunch of stickers on your car it could somehow avoid your insurance or caused you issues.
Speaker 8: No, I mean they could be trying to claim that because he has these stickers on the side that maybe it's a commercial vehicle now for some reason. But typically the state of Florida at least, you know, once your policy has been in place for sixty days. They can't really cancel an establish policy unless you don't pay the premiums. There's misrepresentation or fraud, which they could be trying to argue here that you know, because he has this signage on the side of it, that it's now a commercial vehicle and that was fraud.
Speaker 4: Was there any argument that would suggest that, you know, the stickers like we saw in this this picture here are done very haphazardly.
Speaker 1: They're very do it yourself. Jesus loves you v much, this one said, they're they're a little.
Speaker 4: Hard to read. So if you were another driver in your trying to go like what the hell is on this guy's vehicle, you might be distracting other drivers and then somebody crashes into you, and would would the insurance company argue like, hey, you you're making your vehicle more of a target by having these weirdly place stickers on it, or am I just making stuff up?
Speaker 1: You're just making stuff up?
Speaker 8: In that scenario, it wouldn't be the sticker guys fault anyways, the other driver would be at fault.
Speaker 1: But also, I mean, you.
Speaker 8: Know, we see vehicles all the time with signage on them and advertisements and stickers and all sorts of things. As long as it's you know, DOT compliant, there should be any issue there, right.
Speaker 1: All right? I had another question for you, Moses, and this is one of the big weird ones from this week, to see if we have any other ones that I'm not thinking of right now, but I saw in at least one state they have decided to remove the requirement for attorneys to pass the bar exam in lieu of if you're working with a law firm, if you spend x amount of hours working at the law form, you just become an attorney because they have such a shortage of attorneys in that state. Any thoughts on that, is that worry you about the future of litigation in a state like that?
Speaker 8: Not really mean. So it's basically an apprentice apprenticeship program. We used to actually have that in Florida. There used to be I don't think there are anymore, but there were some old time judges on the bench who didn't go to law or excuse me, didn't take the bar, but did apprenticeships, and in some states used to allow you not to go to law school and just take the bar as well. So that's not really a thing. Anymore. But you know, on these typically when you see something like this, it's because the state's having a hard time or doesn't have enough lawyers for the population, so they offer these programs to try to encourage people to become lawyers within the state.
Speaker 1: This one says, here's one of the stories on this mode from Reuters. Law graduates who are unable to take Washington State's July bar exam due to technological problems will have an option to be licensed to practice without ever taking the test. The Supreme Court said, first time bar takers who were scheduled to sit for last week's canceled exam may accept a waiver to practice in Washington, where they could take a rescheduled bar exam. So in this case, there was like a glitch on the test or something and they weren't able to do it. And the other one, I think it was New Mexico. Yeah, New Mexico, Yeah, New Mexico. The Albuquerque Journal as the story and it says New Mexico law graduates can become attorneys without the bar exam. So the Supreme Court of New Mexico is okay skills based pathway to licensure, So that wouldn't worry you. You would think that there's people you know that are very skilled that didn't even need to get it to begin with.
Speaker 8: I mean, law school doesn't really teach you much about how to practice law. It really more teaches you how to think. You learn how to practice law by actually getting out there and getting a job. So I don't see it being a huge issue. You know, just like anything else in life, the law school of the bar, they're all just hurdles you have to jump over to achieve what you want to achieve. But you actually learn most of the skill on the job. So the apprenticeship makes sense in that sense.
Speaker 4: I mean for people who take the bar exam and pass law school. I mean obviously that means you're you have to take some sort of final exam to pass law school, and then you take the bar.
Speaker 1: Are those two tests pretty similar? Are they not? At all?
Speaker 8: The bar exam is complete. Nothing you learn in law school is on the bar exam at all, So it makes no sense. So you know, typically you finish law school, then you study for like six months or so, and you take the bar exam.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just go to a school and teachers you the bar exam. Well, because you have to buy an extra class to take the bar exam. This sounds like a scam, actual scam. All the world's a scam. Listen to Moses is blackpailed on all of this stuff. All right, that's an interesting take on this. And then your idea is sort of that the marketplace will sort this out. If somebody is a really bad attorney, then they won't the people will stop going to them to get attorney work, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, look, there's people who you know, graduate from the best law school in the country who are not very good attorneys, and there's people who graduate from terrible law schools who are great attorney. James McGill, Yes, okay, so yeah, I don't think one necessarily equates to the other. But on the job training is important. A lot of people have proposed that even after you take the or past the bar exam, that you should be required to do an apprenticeship before you're a fully licensed lawyer, which does kind of make sense in the same token as they have a medical school.
Speaker 1: But right, all right, well join us on the show. If you have any questions, tips t ips at the news Junkie dot com or send a dispatch over on the website right now, Moses de Win is there to help you out after any accident. If you're behind the wheel and you get pulled over and it was on autopilot and you need somebody to represent you, Moe is your guy. He'll step up and say, I'll fight the good fight and see if I could win this out in court. Or if you were down the highway, it wasn't I If you it's been it worked before, right, hasn't that been successful? Though it wasn't me defense, the shaggy defense.
Speaker 8: I'm sure it's worked for somebody.
Speaker 1: I don't who, Alight, Well, he'll use the defense that works the best, considering the circumtance defense. Just call mo dot com. What's the Chewbacca defense? Uh? It's from South Park? Oh alrighty okay, we're gonna take a quick break. Moses, thanks for hanging out with us today. Are you you gotta get out of here? Yeah? I probably that out. Okay, I'm one more segment in me. We'll say, okay, okay, it'll be a big surprise for you when we come back and see what happens with that. We'll get to more of your rate. My blank your dad. Jokes are coming in by the dozens and a bunch more that we have to get to. We're just getting kicked off here. It's all coming up next on the News Junkie. Hey friend, the Weekend he's on, and there you are. I'll tell you my favorite distraction right now in just a moment. Learn more about the show over on the website, which is the news Junkie dot com mo. I often see these stories, and there's a lot of them about young kids getting in trouble, and then sometimes I see like there's this weird loophole where sometimes kids are too young to even get in trouble. You don't like, there's nothing that you can do with these kids when they're like four or five years old. I'll give you an example here to show what I'm talking about. There were these two kids that got into an accident. Hang on, let me play this story. This is from Channel seven ABC, I think in San Francisco, I believe, And they're talking about these young kids that took a car and crashed it, and I think they were both younger than ten.
Speaker 16: Here we go, I said, a woman is critically injured after a car crashed in that car from thirty fifth Avenue in Oakland. Now so shocking part of this story two young children had taken the car and they were also hurt, and really young children. ADC seven Eye Witness news reporter Tiffany n You joined just Live tonight. Tiffany a lot of questions, obviously and concerned about what happened here.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well this is an awful story all around. But the question so many people are asking is who is responsible for this tragedy. I spoke to experts today who say, well, this answer isn't that simple. In Oakland, a white sedan is seen speeding down thirty fifth Avenue, right before it hits a woman walking her dog.
Speaker 1: Oh this lady, she's okay, but it was bad. It was bad. The people in the car, the.
Speaker 2: Two young boys laying on the ground.
Speaker 1: Here, police say seven and four year old brothers. Okay, seven and four years old, Moses. They were driving the car. They took this car, I guess, and we're cruising around driving this car. They hit a lady walking her dog. What do you even do when you got like a seven year old and a four year old and the cops pull them over and you're like, now I need to get assistance. Now I need help. Like, what can you do in the case like this, Well.
Speaker 8: I mean you just blame it on the autopilot and you walk away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this car is too old. The vehicle I'm looking at it doesn't even have autopilot here. But you can't throw a four year old. You can't throw a seven year old and a four year old in prison.
Speaker 8: No, But I mean we do have a you know, a juvenile system. Now this is going to depend state by state, but you know, typically in Florida at least, you know, if you're under the age of seven, you can't be prosecuted in the juvenile system unless the offense is a forcible felony. So an accidental collision would not typically qualify that. But in Florida, at least for the seven year old, they could be referred to the juvenile court and it would go through that process.
Speaker 1: There. Would it matter if the seven year old was not the one driving.
Speaker 8: Uh, I guess it would depend if they were just an innocent passenger. Somebody said up then, I mean I don't exactly, or if they somehow help procure the car or steal the keys or something like that.
Speaker 1: Right right, let's see, hold on, maybe they did. There's some more details.
Speaker 17: He took their parents Toyota while they were sleeping Thursday morning, they went for a ride.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, these parents need to be held responsible. That was my main concern.
Speaker 8: These parents need to be help responsible because it's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But it's not so cut and dry. I've never seen anything like this. It's just such a one off. Legal analyst and former prosecutor Stephen Clark, the law doesn't have an exact remedy for this, says, technically, it is a.
Speaker 18: Crime that the seven year old committed, but we're not going to put a seven year old in juvenile hall.
Speaker 1: Why not do all of a sudden, all the seven year olds figure this out? We got bedlam going on out there. It's chaos. They're all causing drama like this, hitting ladies walking their dogs. For God's sake, do you can? Can you arrest the parents? So, I mean, that's where I was about to go with it. You could go after the parents for you know, child neglect and those types of related charges. Since you know clearly these these kids got out there and nobody was watching them or paying attention to them, especially at that age, so I would suspect that they'll probably face some sort of charges, but still it's probably not a serious enough charge for what occurred, just because there's nothing, most likely on the books that's going to deal with this exact scenario.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: And if you were the victim of this, would the insurance and everything still pay out for you even though there was some little kid behind the wheel? Most likely it would.
Speaker 8: Now the parents are probably going to have a hard time getting insurance after that, but most likely the insurance company would pay out in that situation. There could be some arguments that the vehicle was stolen, but since you know, it's their children and they weren't properly watching them, you know, and they owned the vehicle, they're probably still going to be held liable and the insurance company would probably pay out.
Speaker 1: A payout on that.
Speaker 4: If the parents proved to the insurance company that they gave both kids up for adoption, would would that would they reinstate the policy?
Speaker 8: Well, if both kids were up for or adopted by somebody else and weren't related to the parents, and they legitimately came back and stole the car in the middle of the night, then the insurance company would have a defense where they probably would not pay out the policy to the injured party.
Speaker 1: I just want people to think about it. How old your son now, seventh driving around town right now? Could you imagine you go to sleep, go to bed, and he's stealing your car and joy riding with a four year old around town? Like it's pretty unbelievable. Honestly, that's wild that it's gone to that level. But here we are. I guess see, do you have any other questions? We need to ask Moses what we have him?
Speaker 4: You know, I went to look it up and uh, you you got the thing that I had written down, which was the new Mexico letting people just anybody be lawyers.
Speaker 1: He was way less worried about that than I thought he would be.
Speaker 4: We we thought it was kind of ridiculous. I thought I was saying when we first found out about it, that this was a good opportunity for actual bar passing attorneys to go like, hey, do.
Speaker 1: You want a real lawyer who really passed the bar?
Speaker 4: Or do you want this guy who loopholed his way, you know, into the courtroom?
Speaker 1: You know, go with me?
Speaker 8: I like, how you're already thinking about the marketing angle on it.
Speaker 1: You got you got it? Can you if you wanted to? I know that you've told this before. Whenever you do your just Calmo commercials, you have to submit them and have to be approved by by the bar, very same bar. Right, And uh, I was thinking, is it possible, Like, I don't know that anybody's ever done this, but could you run attack ads against other law firms?
Speaker 8: So if you wanted to, they have to be verifiable, so you have to be so they basically have to be true. You have to be able to verify the facts that there is a prohibition against comparing your services against the services of another law firm. So theoretically it's possible, but you're you'd have to do it in such a way that complied with both of those rules.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you could if you were if it was very specific circumstance.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, for instance, have.
Speaker 1: You ever heard of that? Have you ever heard anybody doing that? Like this lawyer is terrible. Make sure you don't go with them because this happens, and this happens, and the next thing you know, you were like, you should go with us instead.
Speaker 8: I don't think that would be allowed. I'm trying to think if I've heard of an example that I've seen other lawyers do ads where they say, you know, were you treated by doctor Smith? He has you know, twelve mile practice actions against him, if you were to call me. But that's probably the closest thing I've seen to something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I've got a couple more jokes that people wanted to get in. I'm trying to I'm trying to go over them before we play them. But this is not I mean, some of these are just so bad. Here. Here's here's Junkhead right here with their submission for rate my blank dad joke. It's rape my dad joke.
Speaker 19: This week Happy Friday News Junkie so Bono and the Edge walking to a bar and the bartender says, oh man, not you two again?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, yeah, yep, yep. Here is Kansas Knock Knock Little Boy Blue. Nope, nope, Michael Jackson. Stop. They didn't put it hard part, it just oh okay, yeah, Knock Knock Little Boy Blue. Michael Jackson. I like the anticipation that we were going to participate. All right, Okay, I'll bookmark that one. I didn't want to, but we'll do it. Here's one more. Why don't scientists trust out of because they make up everything? A few moments later, okay, I'm not putting anything on that. All right, here's what somebody commenting on the pick aside. Let's see what guitar slinger says.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna have to go with the cop being right on this, because as far as I know, with the law, you're supposed to be in control of the vehicle at all times.
Speaker 1: That includes if you've got it on all autopilots. So if you ain't paying attention, that's your ass. Co chiefs. Yeah, I wonder moses with people saying like, oh, the car's on autopilot, I shouldn't get the ticket. The car should and this guy making this argument to the police officer that we played a little earlier on the show, is some of the precedents for any kind of judgments like that, possibly based on the introduction of cruise control, because that would have been like the first thing that would have been close to this, I guess right. Possibly.
Speaker 8: I mean the general rule of thumb, like you said, is that you know you're still responsible for whatever happens to that vehicle when you're behind the wheel of it, doesn't matter if it's on a cruise control, autopilot or anything else. You're responsible for it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: Obviously, fully autonomous vehicles that don't have a driver at all may have some different regulations and those are being developed state by state. But otherwise, yeah, you're fully responsible for it. But I think you're right, you know, especially as cruise control sort of got more advanced, certainly where it starts following the lanes and things like that, so fully autonomous, then yeah, they definitely had to clarify those laws to say you're still absolutely still responsible for it even if it is in sort of some semi autonomous mode.
Speaker 1: You want to hear a lawyer joke before you leave, Let's do it.
Speaker 7: Why did the cucumber need a lawyer because it was in a pickle?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Moses, Moses to do it law firm. We appreciate you. Yeah. Yeah, these the best of the best. Self, I love them. If you got to do an accident, you need an attorney, make the smart decision eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo or go to Justcalmo dot com. Moses, we'll see you next week. Buddy, see you later. Turn week mic off out of here. You just wait until every time you turn your mic off and ask you one more question a quick break. We're back in just a moment, we roll on. We got the hot sheet before you know it here this week in Florida and something that they're using AI to do that is quite jarring. Plus a Coca Cola controversy. It's all coming up next on the News junk Key, the shows on. Thanks to you and absolutely mind blowing amount of dispatches coming in today, most of them with your absolutely terrible jokes. But but we'll see. We'll sort through those and try to find the best of the best. In a moment, one of the videos that has gone really viral this week. I was gonna play it on Monday or so, but we just didn't get around to it. I don't know if you guys saw there was I think it's a New Jersey There was a pizza place, like a little restaurant called Joey Tomato. Wait, Joey Tobato or maybe it's in New York. Point Pleasant Beach. Josh, where's Point Pleasant Beach? You just locate that place. Point Pleasant Beach is where this was and the video went in Jersey. It is in Jersey, Okay, the video that went megaviral. Boy, I don't know if I could play this. I don't know if the lady might curse. I hope she doesn't curse because there's kids involved. Let me tell you the story and I'll try to play it. We'll see. A pizza rea owner has hit back over a social media video Delga Pizza Now, which appeared to show her yelling at a group of guests over a birthday cake requests. And they've responded, which I'll tell you about the response after I explained something and the viral confrontation shared widely online. The owner appeared to b rate customers for bringing their own birthday cake for a five year old kid, before asking to use a knife to slice it. But in respon, the owner has defended her actions and stood firm on the venue's decision not to accommodate the request. Doreen Sullivan Coreach Krisich, the co owner of Joey Tomatoes and Point Pleasant Beach, said the request had been declined due to customer safety, and she said the restaurant is not a party venue. This family was so mad at this woman in her restaurant because they showed up when they had their five year old son and they said, we've got a birthday cake for his birthday and we need you to cut this if you don't mind, and bring it out. And the lady goes, you didn't schedule a birthday party here, you didn't call ahead, you didn't You're not paying me extra for this, And the family was like, what are you talking about. It's a five year old's birthday party. What's the big deal. Just cut the cake and bring it out here. And a lot of people thought this lady seemed like a bitch, and you might too, But I'll be honest with you, I was siding with the woman. With the restaurant owner, I go, I've seen this happen for it. People have weird expectations from restaurants. You can't just go into a restaurant through an impromptu birthday.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 1: And then if you do think that the establishment is just going to help, like cut the cake for me, and that's extra work. Why would they be doing that for you? I mean, think about it this way.
Speaker 4: If you go to a fancy restaurant and you want to bring your own wine, they charge you a cork.
Speaker 1: Fee, a corkage fee, meaning.
Speaker 4: They charge you a fee to serve you your own wine, right, which might sound ridiculous, but the rules you're giving them work. You're also by bringing your own wine violating one of the rules of restaurants where you're not supposed to bring your own food to a restaurant, and so you're taking money out of their pocket by having it unless you.
Speaker 1: Pay this fee. Yeah, the problem. I don't understand why people don't get this, but they they don't. This is the video here, hang on, let me see. Oh she's saying to the lady, okay, everybody, we're all gonna go to her house after this and celebrate my birthday too. So she's like, she's rasing the lady back. This is the mother, and the mother is like, well, I don't understand what the big deal is. Why can't you just cut the birthday cake for my five year old son? It's hidden there. So she said, you didn't call, you didn't do anything like this. You can't just walk into a restaurant and do whatever you want. Tell Explain to me how she's not right for any of the people that watch something like this and They're like, Oh, it's not a big deal. Really, it's just a it's a kid's birthday party. Why is the lady so mad? Explain to me how the restaurant owner is wrong, that this is not how it works, if you would like to. I think here's how I think this is gonna work out. Okay, I think this is gonna work out this way. Everybody who's ever worked at a restaurant for more than five seconds is going to side with me, and everybody else is going to have never had any experience dealing with stuff like this. That's what I think is going to happen before I utter any more words here. But I don't understand what would be going through your mind where you thought this was inappropriate. These people were mad in demanding extra services from a restaurant that doesn't even offer those services, and then afterwards you get mad at her. Joey Tomatoes has the right to not cut your kid's birthday cake, and that doesn't make them a bunch of jerks. I stand for Joey Tomatoes, right, I stand for them unless she starts cursing hers. I don't owe you anything. I have a good day. It's a five year old birthday party. Right there, you go, I'm gonna stop because he was just about to curse. She said it's a restaurant, and he said it's a five year old birthday party. And that's the argument here. I'd saying it's just a restaurant. We have to do things the way that we do things, and the other side saying, it's a five year old's birthday party. What's the big deal. But it's sort of this expectation that you lump on other people like it. I know how some people can get into this mindset. You'll go, uh, we're gonna go with a small table of people and we'll order food and everything else will be normal. But then we'll just have a cake and they'll probably be fine with that. Right. You got to at least ask them. You have to call them and let them know that somebody's coming over and that here's what we're expecting from you. Just expecting things because you think you deserve them. It doesn't make you right. Missy says she's not wrong. The way she handled it is the problem. Well, you're catching the video at the end of the argument. Yeah, And here's their response. Here's Joey Tomato's response, Josh, I know you've been waiting for Joey Tomatoes. We have here. It is, it says on Joey Tomatoes letterhead. That's what I might imagine. Every story has two sides, a message from Joey Lato, every Tomato Point, Pleasant Beach, New Jersey, OH. For over thirty years, Joey Tomatoes, Family Owned has been part of the boardwalk. We've fed families on their first summer trip and their one hundredth visit generations. We've watched kids grow and come back as parents themselves ordering the same pie their grandparents ordered. We are proud to be part of their memories. Let's talk about that video. Oh, you know the video. Let's talk about that one. Let's address the elephant into room. Let's get to it here. For a few days now, the Internet has decided it knows everything about our restaurant, based on thirty seconds of footage that started after the real conversation was already underway. No context, no beginning, just a clip built for outrage and a comment section full of opinions. Thank you to the people who supported us. So let's be clear about who we are. We are a pizza restaurant, not a party venue, not a bakery, not a rental haul. We built our name on pizza, same with the kind that Jersey Shore is known for. We Arezza built this built this city. We are also Jersey strong.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Protecting employees, reputation and the brand is important. I'll pause here. I forgot. I didn't realize this was like Jersey Shore. These people are not going to be pushed around. They have dealt with some stuff at this pizza place. Jersey Store, Pizza place has seen some things over time.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: I don't think she was even necessarily yelling. That's just the way they talk of it is. Yeah, this is an elevated speaking voice. Every restaurant on this boardwalk has policies that exists for real reasons. Food safety, liability, order in a kitchen running full speed on a summer night. Those policies aren't up for a public vote just because one moment of enforcing got them recorded. We have persevered one pie at a time long. I bet they never thought they'd write a sentence like we have persevered one pilet a time. Long before this video and long after it's forgotten.
Speaker 4: Somebody made the first draft of this statement and then somebody came to go, all.
Speaker 1: Right, put my pizza stuff in it. It sounds like it's coming from like the front lines of a war. As we have persevered one pilet of time, long before this video, long after it's forgotten. That's not going to change, although we are considering a new tagline. We don't do cake, we do pizza. The Joey Tomatoes Family need some work on the tagline. This is a problem with customers. This is why I constantly say, and some of you disagree, but I'm sorry you're wrong on this. This is why I say the customer is not always right. A lot of times the customer is dumb. We had a similar instance here locally where there was an online outrage about and I guess you call it an upscale restaurant in the area. I would call it a Yeah, they have multiple locations. It's a hillstone, right, is the end of this place. Great food there a really really good service, really good service, and a popular, very very popular place. Get their chicken sandwich. Btw. It's like a fancy version of Burger King's long football shaped chicken sandwich. Good stuff. So a long time back, or not too long ago, but you have a few years back, somebody tried to order takeout from this restaurant and the restaurant says, we don't do takeout, and they go, okay, get out of here. I just want to order some take out. Give me a takeout salad. I want it to go. So we don't actually do that, and so they said, okay, I would like to order a salad for here, and then the restaurant said okay, fine, and then they were bringing them a salad. They go, I can't finish the rest of this. I need a box to bring this home. And there was like a whole battle over this, and the place is like, we just want you to know, you know nothing against you, but it's our policy that we don't do go food. We don't want to open up the door for it to go food. We don't want this to be in our business model. We want to focus on catering to our customers who want a really great experience inside of our restaurant. That's what we do. And all the people online started melting down with the why not argument? Why not? Why wouldn't you just give it to them? They were complaining, why didn't you just give them what they wanted, and the restaurant side is like, oh god, you know, here goes somebody complaining again and then taking their complaint to social media, exactly the same thing that Joey Tomatoes went through here, and a bunch of people have no idea what's going on, don't know before or after what happened, are weighing and they're like, these people are jerks, they hate kids, they're the worst, blah blah blah. A million different reasons for this, but it's like, no places have policies. Imagine if you had a policy at your house that everybody has to take their shoes off at the front door, and then somebody just comes in and they're like, I don't do that. You're like, then get out of my house. Whoa, whoa, oh how dare you? This person kicked me out of there, and you write some terrible review online rather than just respecting the policies of the place. And this may make me like Karen Territory or old man yelling at clouds or whatever, but like places are allowed to have rules. Yeah, they're allowed to have like the rules there might have a rule book or whatever that they go by. And I think people had this wrong, but you can let us know what you think. That was going megaviral this week, the pizza birthday story. Should the place have just just cut the cake? Just cut the cake for God's sake? Or is it in their right to refuse this? Let us know what you think, Senator Dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, we are going to quick break. When we come back. We've got the hot sheet on the way. We'll see what's going on in there. We got the next or we've got the the We've got the Hotti this week in Florida. I almost forgot this week in Florida again, and I can't. I can't bring myself to do that.
Speaker 4: Was that last week when I've forgotten entirely, I mean to your credit, I mean, to be fair. We had an interview with Anthony Pizza, I know, but after our Anthony Pizza interview, you reminded me that you were like.
Speaker 1: You said, and then after that I still forgot it again. So this week in Florida will not be forgotten this week. All right, that's coming up next as well. There's a lot on the way and it's all coming up next on the News Junkie Hey, welcome into the world's most of viral newsroom. You're in the right spot, friend, pull up a chair. Let's have some fun. So let's see what's going on out there. Learn more about the show over on the website. Even get the podcast, which is free to subscribe to so you don't miss anything. Over on thenewsjunkie dot com. Somebody says my take was wrong about the pizza place situation that went megaviral this week. If you haven't seen this video, the woman got upset because these people came in and they had a five year old and they just expected her to do a bunch of stuff, and they brought a cake with him, and then they were asking the pizza place in Jersey to cut the cake for him, etc. Etc. And they said, no, you can't just do this. It was not a service that we offer. You just have an expectation that's out of whack with reality. And the internet bombasted these people and hit them with a lot of like two star one star reviews and started coming after the company that was behind this Jersey Shore pizza place. And here's somebody saying that my take was completely wrong. Let's see what Anonymous says. First, here we go.
Speaker 6: All right, Sean, big surprise, you got your phone wrong. They called ahead, they got permission. They didn't ask the restaurant to cut the cake. They asked to borrow a knife so they could cut the cake themselves. They spent over two hundred and fifty dollars. You would think the very least they could do was borrow a knife to cut a cake.
Speaker 1: Why that was it? The owner lost her.
Speaker 6: Ever loving mind. And I'm not one of those the customers always always right people, but in this case, the owner was so unbelievably wrong it's not funny and shockingly you take their side of course.
Speaker 1: Right, Thank you, Anonymous, appreciate the dispatch. The family is saying that they called ahead, the owner is saying that they did, not that they didn't. And again I still think you're wrong, Anonymous, like the idea that's packed into what you're saying, which is like, hey, they spent money here, the least they could do is give them a knife to cut the cake. No, they don't have to do this. This is not a service that they offer. I just I don't I don't agree. I disagree with that. I think that if the woman says we don't want to do this. That's her right as a business not to do this. That's that's how it goes, all right. With that said, you can still give us your feedback tips at the newsjunkie dot com. Right now, let's do the hot sheet sheets in new news, but not like important news. That's again to be parting on the planet.
Speaker 6: Tough stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on the hot sheet with Sea Lane.
Speaker 1: That's right, the top five stories in the nontense news, brought to you by that mortgage guy down and Uh. Every once in a while, I feel like this happens a couple times a year, they'll announce a new docuseriies about something that we've gone over so many times. You go, why do we need another series about blank? Right, we're like, oh, why do we need another series about blank? Yeah? And uh, this time I'm gonna watch it. I know.
Speaker 4: I've seen a bunch of documentaries already about OJ Simpson. I know the story, but this one, this new one, OJ Unseen Exploitation of Evil promises some new behind the scenes footage of a thing that I didn't even know existed. Apparently people knew about this it was released into the wild. It was a pay per view special. But did you guys know that OJ Simpson had his own prank show called Juice.
Speaker 1: It not no, I'm just seeing this for the first time right now, It says.
Speaker 4: Back in two thousand and six, this is not a prank. OJ Simpson had his own version of punk. Two thousand and six was a decade removed from being acquitted to the murder of his ex wife and a friend, The infamous former NFL star tried to make a comeback with a hidden camera show called Juiced. Hears him being dressed up as an old man who's dying. Wish is to call a bingo game. I think they did a OJ prank show. Yes, it was a one time pay per view special and it's even on his Wikipedia page. He showed he started his own improv based hidden camera prank show Juiced. He would play a prank on everyday people while secretly filming. Then at the end of each prank, he would shout.
Speaker 1: You've been juiced. Wait was this pre murder or post boost six also what he said when he committed the murder.
Speaker 4: Each episode open with half dressed models dancing around Simpson, who is dressed as a pimp and performs his own rap song. In one episode, he's at a used car lot in Las Vegas where he attempts to sell a white Ford Bronco. A bullet hole in the front of the suv is circled with his autograph, and he pitches it to a prospective buyer, saying that if they ever got into some trouble and have to get away, it has this capability.
Speaker 1: Shut up. There has never been anyone in history who cold blood had killed two people and lived the life post killing like OJ Simpson. I mean from writing a book called If I Did It To I did not know this happened. Can we watch it anywhere?
Speaker 4: It's part of this well. I don't know about the pay per view special itself. Maybe somebody's dug it up and found it. It was available on DVD for a as well, So the people have copies of juice. But OJ unseen exploitation of evil goes inside Simpson's attempt at having his own punk show. Some of the people that like chime in on the documentary. The docuseries say there's no way anybody with half a brain cell thought a show about OJ Simpson pranking people would be a good idea.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on, this might be footage of the moment you were talking about where he tried to sell the white Bronco. Yeah, I think this is it. He's got the things caught here. Yeah, it's a Bronco. The Bronco is one of the major symbols on his wife's murder. He's joking about it. You know, I made this call famous.
Speaker 20: There's no way have a brain sale thought show about Oj Simpson.
Speaker 1: Pranking people would be a good idea. All right, I don't know. I though he was about to say it, Oh, oh, you've been juiced. Hold on, let me go back. I wouldn't want to miss saying pranking people would be a good idea. You've been just he's got in a halt for twenty years. Though it wasn't as fun as he did it, it felt like his heart wasn't any He was like, you've been juice. I want to see I want to see the intro with the half naked women and him dressed as a pimp. But some of the people said they they the production of Juice ended up becoming a front to get OJ's confession because he was a bit of a chatty Kathy after a few cocktails, So they were just trying to get him drunk and get him to admit that he killed his wife. Hilarious.
Speaker 4: Uh so, yeah, I look forward to that one, and now I don't have a lot of time to finish. Amanda Knox is defending her decision to have her own comedy show at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Speaker 1: Honoring her murdered former roommate. That sounds hilarious.
Speaker 4: The American student convicted that next and later acquitted of the murder and sexual assault of a British roommate in Italy is defending herself against accusations from the from the victim's sister that her comedy show at the Fringe Festival in Scotland trivialized violence against women. The show is called Cartwheel, which is a reference to a story that claimed Knox did cartwheels in the police station after Kircher's death.
Speaker 1: That's his debut's.
Speaker 4: Friday evening and is due to run for eleven straight nights at Edinburgh Fringe. Girl Ups three is coming because Adam Sandler wants to hang out with his buddies some more. Matt Rife is under fire after telling an autistic ghost hunter to kill himself on Instagram. And this former youth like.
Speaker 1: The fakest headlin I've ever heard of my life.
Speaker 4: It's a real thing. And a former youth basketball prodigy Julian Newman, I don't know how you could make this statement.
Speaker 1: It's just it's so weird.
Speaker 4: This this guy's sister, This family went viral for their success playing varsity basketball as elementary school kids, and then now they have this big social media following, and the sister has a sex tape leaked, and her brother's reaction is to say that this situation, this sex tape is going to make his sister more famous than Kim Kardashian, not to be disgusted, disturbed, not to be pissed the lead. He found out his sister is on the internet having sex with somebody, and he goes, you know what, She's going to be bigger than Kim Kardashian. Wow, buddy, that would be hard for anybody to do, but maybe not so much for him. Hey, if you have a mortgage quote, the number one thing people get wrong is just signing the paperwork saying I'll take it. That's a good quote. You need to shop that around, and you need that mortgage guy Don's expertise to help you do so.
Speaker 1: It's very easy to compare your quote.
Speaker 4: You can do it on his website, that mortgage guy don dot com. Oh, I didn't put the thing in, so I have to play it myself.
Speaker 1: Point Josh, like a loser. I was about sing it for you. What was that? Matt Rias told an autistic ghost hunter to kill himself. So is the ghost hunter autistic or does he hunt autistic ghost it is? It's a good question, Josh. That's such a specific gig. If true, it.
Speaker 4: Is in fact a ghost hunter who is autistic. He told a paranormal expert with autism to kill himself.
Speaker 1: Can be real, aren't all? The ghost hunter is autistic to some extent.
Speaker 4: Maybe a little bit the paranormal investigator in this case. Chris Mack responded to some posts about Matt Rife had posted by giving an online sermon on the Salem witch trials, which for whatever reason led Matt to rip into him on Instagram, and he wrote at Christopher mac one s one, Sir, you are a lifeless douchebag. Please remove yourself from this earth. Absolutely nobody is reading your novels in these comments. You do not matter to anybody. The event has already sold thousands of tickets. Now watches I block you and you fall back into non existence.
Speaker 1: Wow, yeah, aggressive little Yeah. I mean you're already winning. Sometimes people don't get that, Like when you're already really winning it like you're doing much better than somebody else. You don't necessarily need to do that, you know, it just makes you look worse. Like yeah, like Matt Rife comes out of this looking like a piece of say whoa, whoa whoa. Yeah, yeah, all right, I thought it was done. I thought the FCC was really I saw a car wreck. It happened on the camera, all right. I mean, just I want you to know it. At my pizzeria, Shawn's Tomatoes, there's no cursing just about Shawn's Prawns. Sean's Bronz is a great It's a seafood restaurant. It's about Seawan's from dust till Dawn's. Can you do me a favorite when I tell you about my restaurant ideas off air? Can you keep my restaurant ideas off air? Now? Sewan's Pronz is ruined. Now everything with the launch of Sean Prons and the Shawn's Browns Empire. It's like Shawn John, Yeah, it is. Thanks thanks to that. I was planning on copying that logo that was gonna be our uniform. It's a very fancy signature style. Pretty cool. Sean's Prawns. Okay, quick break when we come back this week in Florida is on the way and we'll see what's happening there with a roundup of all the embarrassing Florida stories. I got this Coca Cola conspiracy, I got the story about this teenage killer that's making is more flock stuff popping in a whole bunch more on the way. It's all coming up next and the news Chunkie dude, welcome and friend. The weekend is on and you're in the world's most viral newsroom. We're so happy to have you here with us, and we have so much to talk about. Learn more about the show as you might imagine over at thenewsjunkie dot com. I think I've been doing it wrong my whole life, Seelane, you're a tech guy, is known as the tech Guy. They call him the tech Guy. Christopher Dolores Lane Hey, it's me a tech guy. See I told you Josh is not and it's the tech gut Sea len Is. Indeed, I saw this story like some of that. You're just flipping through eight a clock. Once. I'll be flipping through stories getting ready for the show, and I'll go, Okay, we got to talk about this. We're got to talk about this big dramatic thing, this controversial thing. And then I'll see something that's not really controversial or dramatic at all, and I'll go, that can't be true. But I don't know enough about that specific thing to debunk whatever's going on. But there was literally a story that went viral this week. Sorry to start with this. We're gonna get into this week in Florida in like five seconds here, I promise you, all right, but this let me pull it up just in case you guys won't maybe believe me or something. For those of you watching at YouTube dot com, Slash the News Junkie MSN had this story and I go, this must be nonsense. And it says stop using your car's USB port to charge your phone. Why I I literally do this all the time. I think USB in their car does this?
Speaker 4: I have wired car plays, so I have to, you know, to use that function, uh, plug my phone in.
Speaker 1: Same they're saying that that's not what it's for. Wait, look, let's show the people this who are watching on YouTube. If you have a relatively new vehicle, it probably has USABA and newer USB sports in the dash. Blah blah blah. That USB sport in your car isn't for charging. It's mainly a data port. It says, no way in hell. And it's saying like, stop doing this. You're actually doing harm to your device, your your phone, whatever kind of phone you have. It says, Unfortunately, the built in USB ports and most cars aren't for charging. They're for data and the infotainment display. So you still have to plug them in. Then, yeah, you have to plug them in and then they charged. It's like I hate when I hear from an article like this. MSN's acting as if they're coming from some position of authority, and they're telling me that and everybody who plugs our cars into our cars we're doing something, or our phones into our cars, that we're doing something wrong.
Speaker 4: This is nonsense, right, I mean, what are we supposed to do? There's only one USB port in my phone. I think most people's phones only have one port, right, So if you're saying this same you know you're saying, don't use the port for charging, Well, we have to plug it in for data. It has to be used like that. In my car, I don't have wireless car play and I have to plug it in. So what's the alternative it charges? I don't get this article. It's stupid.
Speaker 1: Most USB ports and cars are for data transfer, not power delivery. As a result, if you hook up something like a USB voltage meter, you'll find that many automotive us BE ports only output around point five ams. Blah blah blah blah blah. And so they're just like, you shouldn't do this. Stop doing this thing that we're all doing because somehow it's not right. Stop using your car's USB port to charge your phone. Fake news. All right, I'm calling fake news on this non sense.
Speaker 4: It's not like I have the option to plug it in for data, but go, hey, car, wait, wait, wait, while we're at this, don't do any charging. Yeah, I'm going to need you to just stream my music into the car and do none of the battery charging.
Speaker 1: We're labeling it fake. That is indeed fake news. With that sealand's time to kick things off. Are you ready to do this Week in Florida? Let's go. Let's do This Week in Florida's.
Speaker 17: Giving you a recap of the most grown worthy stories.
Speaker 1: In the States.
Speaker 21: It's this Week in Florida.
Speaker 1: That's right, the weekend is here.
Speaker 4: It's time to take a trip around the Sunshine State see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so. And we start in Tampa, where a follow up on some things we talked about. We even talked to a person involved in this. But we have a winner for this year's Big Florida Python Challenge. Oh really, that's right. A Tampa man is this year's top snake hunter. Tom ray Hill took home the ten thousand dollars prize after removing ninety six pythons from Everglades National Park as part of the Florida Python Challenge, the most of any competitor overall. This year's challenge wrapped with two hundred and eighty invasive Burmese pythons removed out of one of America's most iconic ecosists. The ten day event drew nine hundred and seven participants from thirty states and overseas. According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission, the longest snake pulled during the challenge measured nearly seventeen feet hotly cow. Other top finishers include in the professional most Pythons category Christina Kraus with thirty six pythons, runner up as our friend Taylor Stanbury with thirty four.
Speaker 1: She's the woman that we talked to that won last year. I think it was I believe so yeah, something like that. She's like an Instagram influencer and she catches snakes and does all that stuff too.
Speaker 4: Anthony Fauci is having an annoying couple weeks and that's not ending any time soon, it seems. Florida Attorney General James Uthmeyer announced Wednesday his office had issued a subpoena at to doctor Fauci for alleged self benefit during the COVID nineteen pandemic. The Fauci previously was questioned by Congress and took the Fifth Amendment one hundred and eleven times.
Speaker 1: I believed there. It was a lot.
Speaker 4: It was like he didn't answer a single question, which they're trying to hold him in contempt for which is absolutely stupid and contempts for like it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't look good. He should he should answer these questions, I think, but it doesn't look good. But isn't that what the Fifth Amendment is for?
Speaker 4: They're holding him in contempt because they say, and this is not even a great argument for this. They say that because he was pardoned, the answers to his questions can't do him any harm.
Speaker 1: But that the part the.
Speaker 4: Existence of the pardon doesn't just automatically take away your Fifth Amendment right. That's not a negotiable right. You still have a Fifth Amendment right. And the pardon is for federal charges that he cannot get, but he could still get state charges. And that's why he didn't answer any questions. So they can't like go after him for something that he said. And that's exactly what it sounds like Attorney General of Florida, James uth Meyer is.
Speaker 1: Trying to do. But we'll see if it works out. Probably not.
Speaker 4: There's a guy who met a woman on a dating app. Not such a nice fella. Over in Flagler County the Sheriff's office as thirty one year old Justin Fountain was arrested as He allegedly used GPS to track and follow a woman he met on a dating app around the county, including to her work, to a hotel she was staying at creepy, and eventually stole something from her that is very I would say important, very sentimental. Of all the things you could steal, this is a real dick move. He stole her late son's ashes. Oh oh man, gods under the jail, the victim told investigators after she met Fountain through the app. It doesn't say what app Unfortunately I can't see here on this thing. He became increasingly controlling and aggressive. She claims he not only stocked her, but stole a teddy bear containing her son's ashes after she asked him to leave her alone. He texted the victim over one hundred times after stealing the ashes. The text include threats to stop her from calling the police that reportedly read, you need to answer my calls if you know what's good for you, and I'm going to destroy you. He is behind bars, and good news the stolen teddy bear has been returned to the victim. Another not so good I would say mother of the day. But this is like a hole. The whole house the whole parent whoever was involved in this is in deep trouble, and for good reason. Authorities have rescued four children from what they call a house of horrors where they had been sleeping on flea ridden mattresses and in urine soaked conditions. Four people have been charged in connection with the investigation, which kicked off in Putnam County, around sixty miles from Jacksonville. According to the arrest report, a caseworker from DCF asked the Sheriff's office to investigate the home of a baby who had a severe diaper rash and weight loss. And when they got to the home, oh my, what did they find? The determined They determined the baby baby's vital signs were so weak that it could have died if authorities had not intervened to other children were removed from the home and placed into DCF care along with the baby. A second search hoarn was obtained that they found. They said, words cannot describe the house of horrors. Animal feezs, in urine everywhere, black mold flies, small children trying to navigate hazardous flooring conditions, and had they grew up all around this, not knowing that this is just the worst possible conditions you could be and they just thought this is this was life.
Speaker 1: Wow. According to arrest report, Jody Danielle Cannon was arrested in charge with aggravated child neglect with great bodily harm and child neglect. Four dogs and three kittens have been handed over to animal services and will be assessed for possibility of adoption. And they're happy to report the baby is thriving, happy, and gaining weight. But overall just not a great situation to find in sounds stinky. Yeah, like of all the things, like you know, as a law enforcement officer coming home and like how's your day? And that's not the one. That's not the one.
Speaker 4: A boater fuming over people hunting for lobsters in his spot is now facing an attempted murder charge a lobster driving session.
Speaker 1: This is an interesting story, super crazy, but I was like as soon as I read it, I was like, that's attempted murder.
Speaker 4: That's one hundred percent attempted murder. A lobster diving session off the Florida coast turned dangerous when a fifty one year old man allegedly shut off a diver's air supply because he was mad that people were hunting the lobsters in his spot. Michael Simpson facing an attempted murder charge. Court record show, according to the rest Affidavid, a ship captain, had several juveniles on his boat to dive for lobsters near Miami. Anchored on a spot on the water early on July twenty ninth, were preparing to dive when Simpson quickly approached in another boat. He circled the vessel several times before he anchored about ten feet away and warned that a bigger boat was on its way. This sounds like piracy, yeah, a little bit. And then it says the juvenile was using a tankless diver unit with air hose lines coming from a flotation device. After exchanging words with a rival boat owner, Simpson became irate and said he could turn off the air if he wanted to, and apparently he wanted to. He allegedly jumped in the water and intentionally turned off the unit, cutting off the victims air supply. He is being held on ten thousand dollars bond and charged with attempted murder.
Speaker 1: Said he can we hear from him. I have have him, I guess defending himself. I want to see what he says, because he's like, you got it all wrong. That seemed to put me in this category of a murder or attempted murder on a young kid. It's disgusting tonight. He's sharing his story. Let me let me fast fa. I just want his part. I don't want to his Digg story here.
Speaker 2: He is misunderstanding.
Speaker 18: Michael Simpson says his accusers have it all wrong.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent.
Speaker 14: No. Why would I intentionally turn off a compressor where somebody possibly's on the bottom breathing.
Speaker 1: It's just not true.
Speaker 18: The father of two tour boat owner an Avid Spear fisherman, providing an interview exclusively with seven News.
Speaker 10: We're on our boat.
Speaker 18: Days after this many lobster season altercation between two diving groups, the video of it, which resulted in his arrest for attempted murder. He's accused of turning off this air supply machine or a Brownie device, which provides fresh air to divers underwater.
Speaker 1: So he says he didn't do it, and he says he has like video evidence. He better. That's not looking good.
Speaker 4: That would be very helpful for him, because attempted murder is probably not an easy charge. When the diver's surfaced, he was tangled with the hose and anchor line and gasping for air. According to the police, appeared disoriented and was confused about what happened. A video show Simpson quickly swimming away before fleeing in his boat. So the Simpson better have a real good video to counter this, because he looks like he's in deep trouble.
Speaker 1: Wow. A wild seat on nine ninety five into Tuesday when a driver doing donuts crashed, threw a gun across the highway, and hid a drug packed suitcase. Fifty three year old Austes Diaz swerved wildly through northbound traffic near Wolfbright Road, pulling donuts across lanes and I don't know if they're using donuts right here, donuts across lanes and nearly swiping several cars, including one carrying two children. After slamming his rented twenty twenty six Ford Maverick into the center wall, Witnesses watched in shock as a frantic Diaz jumped out and began hurling items over the median into southbound lanes. Among the toss debris was his own bumper, A purple suitcase and a black bag holding cocaine and a loaded three twenty seven Revolver. OH Troopers on zine noticed Diaz was sweating profusely, slurring his speech, and barely able to stand. A thorough search uncovered the loaded handgun and cocaine residue, over twenty three grams marijuana, THD gummies and wax, and mysterious blue pills hidden inside a locked suitcase sniffed out by the canine unit as a laundry list of serious charges including DUI, reckless driving aggravated asalt fell into possession of firearm, taming where with evidence in multiple drug offenses. No charges though for one mister Braden Peters aka Clavicular Clavicular, I never would have got that. I didn't know that was his real name. Josh is a big fan. Yes idiot, the social media influencer will not face charges after being arrested earlier this year. In February, he was.
Speaker 4: Arrested in connection with an incident and an Airbnb that he was renting where he I guess like got too chicks to fight. I'd like just to fight it out.
Speaker 1: Right, like his ex girlfriend was one of them. I thinkers something like that.
Speaker 4: The victim was battered by twenty four year old Violet Lens and a physical altercation. Detectives determined that Peters instigated the fight and posted on social media to exploit the two women, but following an investigation, it says that no charges will be filed against him and last, but not least, on a Tuesday afternoon, just before three pm and the parking lot of a publics on Lindsey Crossing, two adult men got into a verbal altercation over an ex girlfriend and that escalated into.
Speaker 1: A machete fight.
Speaker 4: Of course, they were both taken to a local hospital after sustaining non life threatening injuries. Panama City officials say both will be criminally charged after receiving the medical treatment. How do they both have machetes laying around landscape? Are you telling me you don't carry a machete with you at all times?
Speaker 1: I think I have a machete at my house. Josh has one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh well, It says they were taken to the local hospital after the public's fight, both armed with fixed blade weapons. It says in the police report that's it friends for this week in Florida.
Speaker 1: Thank you Sea Lane. I saw this story This is so crazy to me. I just wanted to bring this up real quick. And we talk about the g LP one drugs, and you know Ozempic. There's a million brands out there. I don't even know all of them now. I just remember Ozempic and we Goovi and Manjaro. Yeah, there's a bunch of these companies going to forget and they're all these GLP one drugs. And so just a little peak into what's going on behind the scenes here. Bank of America, just one company, just the company, Bank of America, for just their employees, they are currently paying two hundred and fifty million dollars per year for GLP one drugs. Just Bank of America, just one company, is paying a quarter of a billion dollars. How many employees do they have. They have two hundred and eleven thousand employees over at Bank of America, and they spend more than two hundred and fifty million dollars per year to cover GLP ones for prescribed members of their workforce. That's thirteen percent of its healthcare budget for the entire year. Thirteen percent is spent on this. The bank spent nothing, zero zilch na on GLP one coverage four or five years ago because obviously you know, it wasn't available in the markets. And now that two hundred and fifty million from one major company, that's just insane. It's it's taking up like I think it's probably taking up like ten percent of our healthcare budget for these companies across the United States of America, which is just wild to consider. Okay, quick break, when we come back, a street takeover, justice is served. Finally, I'll explain and I'll play the clip for you that you're gonna remember this weekend that's coming up next on the News, Chunky, Welcome in some of the world's most the finral newsroom. How are you good to see that? Thanks for being on board. If you want to find all the links everything to do with the show, everything you might need to know, you can go over to the neewsjunkie dot com and right there on the website you'll find all the info you could ask for in the world of all things the News Chunky, I've been seeing so many of these videos. Feed is full of them over on all of the social media platforms, and it's my fault. Mostly, Like if you hear somebody say, oh man, the Internet is just full of X, Y or Z. It's usually not always. Usually it's because that's what you're stopping on. That's what you're watching, that's what you're doing. The algorithm is like, you like people fighting, here's more people fighting. You know you you interacted, even it was for anger whatever, with a story about this. Here's a whole bunch more of that, and they just endlessly give it to you. I think I just saw was it the abdul lsied guy. I think he was doing an interview and he's like, man, Instagram is just full of OnlyFans models, and you go, oh, hang on. I forgot what he said, but he said something like, you know, my feet is just all Instagram models. I don't know what's going on over at Instagram and he go, Usually that means l site. You might have been hanging out on a couple of those videos for a little while. Stop tapping on them. What are you doing, buddy? Here's the street takeover video that I'm talking about. Now, this is the person who's narrating this. The whole group of people are absolutely amazing, so you get to hear what goes on here. But it was another situation and they've got to stop this nonsense. They can. All that needs to happen is a big crackdown from police officers on this and some of the e bike violations. Just start holding a people accountable. Every time you do this, every time somebody's held accountable, it stops right Like, it's so crazy to me how quickly that works. And you have people who either want law and order and want justice and want people to be held accountable, or people who don't want it and they want chaos and they want, you know, whatever, rid of a radical chaos change whatever they're looking for. And in this case, the street is closed down, there's some idiot in the middle of the street doing donuts in his vehicle, and justice comes quite quickly. All right, I'm gonna put this up on see it now on the news junkie dot com, so you can watch it when you get a chance. But let's go on a ride together. Here we go are the cars. There's a truck doing donuts in the middle of the road, and the cop starts coming right behind this guy. These narrators are so great. They're having one guy you really love. You're gonna you're gonna hear it in a second ceiling. Had to censor this because this guy gets a little bit loose over The cop is pinning the vehicle. You baby, you coat like. The cop does a pin maneuver whatever it is called. What's that called? Pit pit maneuver? The cop does a pit maneuver and spins this idiot's truck out after he plowed into some people who tried to flee the scene. The cop like, I don't know, uh a duke's of hazard, flies out of his vehicle, slides down the hood of his car and grabs this guy, this old man. He was like a little kid pulled out of the little The cop was able to one hand yank him out of the truck. He can't be that big, right he got He felt big when he was spinning around in that intersection a couple of seconds beforehand. But they got him fast again. I'll put this up on see it now. But just watching this cop was not having it anymore. He was like enough of these street takeos smashing him against it. Pitt maneuver right here? You caught you baby gun out, baby baby, you coat like it's my favorite I Like, there's a woman like, oh my god, a baby is having a blast watching the Street Justice go down. Oh, let me get a good screenshot of this so I can I can put this up on the website and you guys can see exactly what's going on here. Obviously you're listening. We want to make the visual available for you whenever possible, and if you're a Secret Show subscriber, you'll be able to see those forever. Everybody else gets a bit of a ticking clock on them, where for twenty four hours it's available for you to see exactly what's going on. So cop stops Street Takeover all right, there we go Street take Over. This guy is a ball though. He was just having fun listening to watch Baby love that guy wild Street Justice video. Okay, there we go, got that all set for you. Go over to the Newsyunki dot com. That's the website, or you can always check out the app, which is available for your Android or iPhone, and when you're over there, click that see it now menu or right there in the main feed, you'll see the stuff that we're talking about. Kind of a good time there, and they seem to be enjoying themselves. Let us know what you think. There's somebody else weighing in on Joey tomatoes. I don't know if we need more on that. We'll see. Uh here, do we want some more? Do we want some more jokes? Yes, yeah, buddy, we do. This is the day for it. I think it is. You're right, we got to get more entries in rate my blank. We made a decision whether it's good or bad. You can decide probably bad to do rate my dad jokes and our rate my blank is our contest for the week, and you send in whatever it is to try to try to win. And people have been sending in their dad jokes, whether they be text to speech or you know, whether they be them recording themselves telling the jokes, et cetera, et cetera. Here's what we have. Here's obi wan Canoli. Folks.
Speaker 4: You know why I renamed my toilet gym instead of John Well, everyone's really impressed when I tell them I go to the gym every morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, some loud ass cricket? Yeah, all right, Okay, to drown out the joke, here's another one.
Speaker 22: Good afternoon, junkies, here's my joke.
Speaker 23: How do astronauts throw a party?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 22: They plan it all right, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Okay, if we laugh, then you get bookmarked and you go to the next level. If not, Josh, I think slightly chucked. They plan it, get it, No, I get it. Is that enough for a bookmark? That is just it was teeny. I don't think it's I was just explaining because you had that issue with the Roman numerals earlier. Thank you. I appreciate that. Thank you so much. You're welcome. Here's Mama Greaser with her dad joke.
Speaker 24: Good morning, these junkies, Morning, good afternoon. I wanted to submit my joke, so here goes. I had a handy man come over to my house today and I wrote him out a list. When I got home, he had only done numbers one, three and five. Turns out he only does odd jobs. Anyways, Love you guys, have a great show.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you for that. Appreciate the dispatch. Here's me. When's the best time to go to the dentist? Two thirty? That's plastic? Here is here's one about almonds.
Speaker 22: Almonds are harvested by attaching a machine to the trunk of the tree, and the whole tree is shaken, shooking, and the almonds fall out and they're all gathered. Some people pronounce almonds as ammond. They shook the l out of it. That's so specific.
Speaker 1: This is not only like a dad joke, it's an almond related dad joke. Like almond farmers probably love that one. They probably really really enjoyed. I shook the l out of it. Hey, we shook the hel out of it. We did. Here's couch Spider. What do vegan zombies eat for breakfast? Grass? I think I was supposed to be grains. Grass sounded like grass? What are they? What do vegan zombies eat for breakfast? Grass? What do vegan zombies eat for breakfast grass? All right? Grat see One more?
Speaker 9: Did you hear about the lawsuit against the funeral home in the open casket? It was an open and shutcase?
Speaker 1: Mm hm was it open case?
Speaker 9: Damn junkies, here's a dad joke for you. Why do women love bananas because they have a peal?
Speaker 1: A a bug? One? I was at the saddest comic heard of my life? Can I play that part again? One more? That's it? That's all I can handle. Here's Michael Jackson. Oh god, this distance? Why did the female monkey fall out of the tree? She's dead? Wow? Buddy. Okay, a female monkey? Yeah? Really? Uh? One more?
Speaker 7: Did y'all hear about the new sushi restaurant that exclusively caters to lawyers? It's called so sue me?
Speaker 1: Nope, no, it didn't work, so sue me. No, no reaction. Sorry, sorry, but I have to look. Let me check right now. How many we have bookmark for our finals? We have one, two, three, four, five. We only have five six, six. Some of them are very inappropriate. I'm just I'm looking back, all right, we don't have that many. So just so you guys know, you have an opportunity to get in here and do much better than these folks have done so far. Glenn thinks he can do it. I don't know.
Speaker 25: Hey, guys, there's two old men sitting on a park bench and a dog walks up starts licking himself. One old man looks at the other and he says, I wish I could do that. The other old man says, that dog bite you, wiggles and pops.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be a because he wouldn't be licking the dog. Okay, that's it. You're dragging us down over here. A quick break. When we come back. Jury duty is on the way. Then I've got a flock camera update, another wild story about that and the Power Hour which is Action Pack today. Don't miss it. It's coming up next on the News Junkie. What don't We quit? A time to be alive. Welcome and thank you for hanging out with us here on the show. We love to hear from you. And there's many ways that you can send your thoughts into the News Chunky, and that is one through what we call dispatches. Send a dispatch at any time, anytime, doesn't matter what it is. Look at the clock right now, perfect time to send a dispatch. Go over to the Neewsjunkie dot com, record your thoughts and get on the show. You can send text to speech if you want, and then we'll have, like you know, one of our voices. Although Josh is suspiciously not on the talk to speech or Texas Speech voices. That's right, he has managed to stay away from it, even though it's good, very identifiable voice. I don't trust you people. You can make Sea Lan and I see with you people. That's a weird. And you can also email the show if you're interested over at tips tips at the Newsjunkie dot com I saw people going nuts about this, so let's let's do a bit of a view on this video with one point seven million of them already, and also a bit of a fact check afterward if we need it. This is from somebody on on x Twitter is formally Twitter, but now x uh. And they said, we're exposing Coca Cola. Oh what did Coca Cola do? Let's listen in here we goes Coca Cola. I'm going to need an explanation for this.
Speaker 14: Right, We're gonna do this one live because I don't want to see any comments that, oh, this is a conspiracy theory, blah blah.
Speaker 1: You can see we're on the Coca Cola website U r L right there.
Speaker 14: We're going to scroll down to personalize our cokecn The first entry.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have. I offered this is Allah's King. No issues with that. So you can go to the website and you can put in a message and it puts the message in your Coca Cola can, and then you could buy it for nine dollars and ninety five cents and he does Allah is King and that shows up on the can.
Speaker 14: You can see it on the coke can next entry, We're gonna try.
Speaker 1: No issues with that. Yahweh. I think it's supposed to be yahweh, right, yeah, Yahweh.
Speaker 15: Is king, Satan is king. Satan is king Satan. Now let's try Jesus is king. Now that's where there's issues.
Speaker 14: So you can still see the Satan on the coke can here immediately rejects Jesus is King, like I'm gonna need an explanation on this one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna need an explanation. Coca Cola, huh huh, what's going on here? Do you have an explanation for me? It seems like you're blocking Jesus from your cans, but you'll allow Allah or anything else besides Jesus. Well, Reuters has looked into this. They say Coca Cola does not allow customers to add phrases that include any religious names to personalized cans, contrary to social media posts suggesting that its custom tool allows Allah but not Jesus to be added. A Reuter's examination of the online tool found that Jesus Loves You and Allah Loves You trigger identical rejection messages. The company said that neither Jesus nor Alla were permitted. Words I would say flat out, Coca Cola, this is a bad idea in general, because you're going to try to put up all the censorship blocks, and no matter what, people are gonna find something that squeaks through, and then they're gonna be like, look, they hate these people, right, or like some way to write the N word, or you know, oh, I could put cracker on there, like whatever, there's gonna be something that people end up squeezing onto the can.
Speaker 4: I'm actually kind of curious about, Like, what if your name is Jesus and you want your name on the coke can and you want to be.
Speaker 1: King, why does it let you do this to begin with? Why do we need customized coke cans? Money?
Speaker 6: Money?
Speaker 1: Oh, you're right against Coca Cola needs even more money. You're right, you're right about that. Here's what happens when they try this. It says, looks like the name you requested is not approved. Please note phrases may not be approved of their trademark, political in nature, names of country, celebrity, or religious figures, as well as anything that could be considered offensive, and any other something I can't read. You can't sucks, no I puts it denied me. It wouldn't let you do that. The censors are up. Now if you put Jesus loves you now? Will that try Alla loves you now? Have they changed it since the guy did, I couldn't love you? Okay? Coca Cola said, the tool uh does not approve names or phrases that are religious in nature or for political candidates. Could you put Josh? What if you try to put I hate Josh? Would allow that? It Deniedler? So okay, So they worked. They put Hitler on the block list. Put I hate Josh? It did? Okay? All right? Uh? Yeah, so what did you just continue? It won't let me put I hate Pepsi? No way? Really, what if I just type pepsi? What if I put I hate Jesus? Okay?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: See, okay, So I think Jesus was on the block list, but they had not included Allah or yahweh or some of the more ones that they weren't ready for. Sometimes people think this is some some something done surreptitiously to hate on a particular religion, And I'm sure that happens sometimes, but I think more often than not, you just have somebody who's doing the block list, and the block list has to be eleven miles long because people will put like the N word with dashes in between each letter, like if I put N dash ika. Okaybody spell it. I'm not spelling it out loud, but I'm just gonna it's prime. It didn't Oh got it? Let me do that one. Why are you showing that I didn't know you knew how to spell that word. So look, here's what I'm saying. There's stuff that's not blocked, and there's ways to get around. Now. I imagine if I ordered that incredibly offensive coke cane, they wouldn't send it to me right, uh, because it says pending review. So I try.
Speaker 4: I think people will still review it because just try the news junkie. All right, let me put Patsy blows is one word it did, see.
Speaker 1: So they can't just they can't make a list that blocks all of the things, so something ends up getting through. Believe you used the hard R well. I wanted to see if it worked. The only version he knows. What do you want?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: Am I supposed to test it out other than to put the word in and it put it up there? If you put dashes in between everywhere the news junkie shows up and yeah, there's a review process afterwards. It's just why do this coke? You make enough money, there's no need for this, just to do the names where people go into the cooler and they look and they're like, oh, is there a Dave in here? As there Frank in here? And you grab one of those. And that's at least from that.
Speaker 4: But you know, everybody knows somebody who has a weird name who never was able to buy the keychain at the keychain store that had everybody's name but there or they spell it weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this gives you an opportunity to participate. Why we don't need this, You don't need this. This is like the eminem store does this with custom m and ms, and I immediately thought, somebody is going to put something lewd on there. Somebody will find a way to print a nude photograph of themselves on an emin M and then they'll leave like, look, I told you I could do it. Here's me naked on an em and M. Everybody can eat my naked body. Like these are the types of things that people are just going to do inevitably. I think maybe you think this is persecution in some way, and that they did this on perpose us or whatever. I think Cook Cole is probably too. You know they're not dumb enough to do that, but let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over as I said. You can join us that way, very easy to do over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Or if you're a little shy, there's ways for everybody to be involved. You can email tips at the news junkie dot com, t I P s at the news junky dot com. If you want to be anonymous, put that right on top of your email and send your thoughts our way. Don't they clip that? What are you guys doing? What do you guys do it? What I had? I had to test the filter? What are you expecting me to do over here? Geez up, they're talking about something else? Not oh wait, oh of me saying the other things afterwards? Oh no, and we're right. They wanted me to clip. Here's me naked on M and M. Everybody can eat my naked body. You know, it's so great that first clip is going to be gold four years from now or something. But all the all of the context is gone. There's no reason for me to be saying this and then you just fire off. Here's me naked on an emin M. Everybody can eat my naked body. Me naked on an emin M is success. I think yeah, I think so. So keep that in mind. Appropriate size canvas too. Hey, hey, whoa, whoa whoa quick break. When we come back, we'll do the Power Hour. Do not miss out on a moment of it that is coming up next on the News Junkie. The Power Hour is gone, and it's the Power Hour on a Friday, which always tends to be the most fun. We got some things to clear up, the things we need to talk about. I got some emails that we need to get into a bunch of stories. We are loaded up. Okay, we're loaded up for the final hour of the week. Here and let me see, uh oh, a few things I wanted to mention. We're down to twenty five of the newest magnet, which is a very very limited run. It's the News Junkie magnets for Game of Magnets and people collect these. This is the Starry Night design. It's gorgeous, it's amazing, and it's probably my favorite one we've ever done. And the way that you can get your hands on this is you can get merch when you subscribe to the show, So if you want to be a premium subscriber, it's as little as two ninety nine a month, and you get one credit for something when you check out, so afterwards you'll see there's stickers and pins and all this stuff, and we put up these limited magnets. The Starry Night one is up there now, but there's only twenty five of them left. There was two hundred and fifty of them a couple of days ago when we launched this. Now there's only twenty five of them left. If you're already a subscriber, don't worry. You can also gift hit that gift icon and for each one you get to claim something after you check out, so you know those are about gone there ceiling you're having to check whether or not Starry Night was in the public domain. This is not really Storry Night. It's it's inspired by Storry Night. But I'm sorry, what are you, Karen? What we are we over here trying to turn me into the copyright police or something? What do you? What are you doing now? It's in the public comant.
Speaker 10: Thank god.
Speaker 1: It was created in eighteen eighty nine. I was like, I just thought it was old. Okay, a couple of things we need to clear up very very quickly. Uh oh. And for those of you who are are not subscribers, by the way, now is an excellent time because of how many subscriptions have been gifted. There's currently forty of them available. Oh my, if you don't have a bunch of money and it's tough for you to support the show right now, we still want you to be able to get all the premium features, including unlocking our uncensored secret shows. So when somebody else gifts a subscription, you can if you have an account created, which takes like five seconds on the news junkie dot com, you can just hit claim like you'll see the alert on top of the app or the website, you know, say that there's gifts subscriptions available, and you just it claim and then for thirty days or for a month, you get access to all the premium features and it's kind of awesome, Like, if you like this show, if you're enjoying yourself, if you're having fun and you want a funny show, they're usually just short of two hours long. Fully Uncensored secret shows that we do each week. There's a back catalog of like almost five hundred of them or something. We did four hundred seventy five last night. Yeah, wait, we didn't do four hundred and seventy five of them last night. We did number four hundred seventy five last night. My arm's tired. Welcome to Secret Shows. Brandon Skinner is on board.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: You're probably probably grabbing one of these magnets, but there. Yeah, if you don't have a lot of money you can't support, now is a perfect time to grab one of those that are available over on the website. And every Friday at five pm, a new secret show drops. You can watch, you can listen, you can beam it to your TV. There's TV app, so we're working on finishing those. But there's an Apple TV app. If you search for secret shows, if you're you know, a subscriber, there's one in the Amazon's, the Google play store, Play Google play Store. I don't know if anybody's downloaded it. Somebody out there download that search for Secret shows over there. That is possible. I have to build a page. There goes a plan of the banner. I have to build a page for all of our TV apps, but Ceilan has gotten stuck on one of them, and it's not it's not quite done yet. We're we're close, We're close to the finish line. H Now, I'm not blaming an unused ceiling. No, we're laughing at what did he do? Another one power it's I like it for those of you who don't know. If you if you sent across a gift subscription and put a message with it, it wasn't doing anything with your messages that I felt bad. So now I have the messages flying by on a little plane on the stream at you dot com, slash the news junkie. Is there a filter on that like cocoa website? Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's a filter. There's what there's a filter. And I'm adding constantly to the things that are filtered out, so don't try to get clever. Thank you to Heavy Metal Cowboy, thank you to Seychell, thank you to Stepafee, thank you everybody who's tossed some support our web. Now, with that clear, I want to clear something else up because people are fighting over this and like Sila just said during the break, how come people haven't googled Reddit Most hilarious Dad jokes and for our rate, my blank this week just submitted the funniest ones and sending me some, and we're talking back and forth. You're sending some to your wife, and some of these are so funny. And somebody said, that's not the point, Sean. The point is that dad jokes are not funny. No, no, I said, maybe we have some wires crossed on this. Maybe that's why so many of them have been unfunny. I think a dad joke can be funny, for sure. They're allowed to be funny, correct, Yes, yeah, yeah, that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: For example, like I come from a family of failed magicians. I have two half sisters. See that that would make it to the next round. I mean that would be very very good. They're not like usually laugh out loud, like really chest to laugh funny. It's usually like a knee slapper kind of thing. Like I was really really great at all my classes school in school except Greek mythology. That was the one that was my achilles elbow. Mm hmmm, so that that would have been better. I would have bookmarked most of these. We've had one hundred and three submissions so far today, and I think maybe two have moved on to.
Speaker 1: The next round. I think that's that's about it. I've got some more. We need to find something that's better, So let's do it. You ready to see at Let's do the power out. They said it couldn't be done. Then they said, I'm zero criminals the power on the news sunk, I will spin all. I was prepared for the M and M thing, and I was not prepared for I'm zero. No. All right, let's see what we got for you. Here's a dragonfly, Mam. She has a submission for a rate my blank dad joke addition for the week.
Speaker 20: Hi guys, Happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing so?
Speaker 20: A guy has an exam of proctologists for the first time. He's on the table in his little bit count and the doctor Watson statton his gloves.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 20: Doctor announces, Okay, Steve, don't get aroused, and guys like I think you might have the wrong room. I'm Kevin, and doctor says, no, I'm Steve.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not bad, it's not bad. It's bad. I'm in a bookmark. It is better than so many of the other ones that we that we've heard. This person says, this is my last truck. Last one. Amish people can't motor boat their wives boobs, they can only rowboat them. All right, I'll hit it. It's not bad. Here's me, hang on, Melbow. They cut you off here.
Speaker 7: Why was the beach wet because the sea weed?
Speaker 1: Ok at it? Now I get it. I am what's the difference between a joke and a d I don't know. Sean can't take a joke. Here's Graham.
Speaker 15: So they did this survey last year to see which Hollywood A List actors had the most colonoscap he's done in the Winner.
Speaker 1: Cameron Diaz Wiggle wiggle, Papa. Oh wow, that's not bad. I had to think about it for a second. It's it's all about where you put the inflection on Miss Cameron Diaz, his name. That's that's what matters the most. Here is safety.
Speaker 14: Sew a book at the bookstores said, solve fifty your problems.
Speaker 1: I bought two. Okay, m good luck with your problems.
Speaker 4: It's only somebody could speed up the deer reproduction process. You could probably make a million bucks.
Speaker 1: Here's my key.
Speaker 10: Did you guys hear the news over a dizzy? Six of the seven dwarfs are not Happy.
Speaker 1: You know what else? I heard They're not making twelve inch rulers any longer. This was before I talked about how it could be funny. This is before we Yeah, we talked about that that key element of the it being able to be funny. Only one of the dwarves is named Happy. Yeah. No, I got it.
Speaker 9: I got you.
Speaker 1: Don't need to explain it to me anymore, Josh, I got it. I'm on board with most of it. Was just that one, and that one, admittedly was a little bit clever, and I didn't catch on to it for a second. Uh, here's me.
Speaker 4: I asked my wife if I was the only one she slept with, and mooe oh she said yes, the others were sevens and eights.
Speaker 1: What happened there? Huh oh oh? I asked my wife if I was the only one she slept with the others were sevens and eights.
Speaker 4: You did like a little orgasmic And I asked my wife if I was the only one she slept with, and moo oh she said yes, the others were sevens and eights.
Speaker 1: My last one for now. I read.
Speaker 4: I read what they typed out, and there was no weird noise in there. That was just like a weird hallucination from the just started.
Speaker 1: It started freaking out. All right, here's my last attempt to the dad could remember, you're coming the sanity. Look you're not in it, sir.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 1: His attempt was Selan saying his radio. He's like, here's the funniest one I could think of. He puts the speaker up the sea laning and his joke going over. You can't do that, all right, you cannot do that. Umm, turn your radio down next time. Yeah, please, last one. I keep saying that.
Speaker 2: I went to the doctor the other day.
Speaker 1: I was in the room next to Sean.
Speaker 15: I heard the doctor tell him don't eat anything fatty.
Speaker 1: And Sean said, you mean like fast food.
Speaker 10: The doctor said, no, don't eat anything fatty.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hurt my feelings, but I like the explanation with it. J Yeah, here's why this is funny, Sean. I'm calling you fat all right, thank you. That's it. That's it, legitimately, that's all I'm gonna do for now. I'm gonna stop on these and uh and hit the brakes. Uh, don't email them, We'll work in some other stuff. Somebody says, hey, Sean to Tips at the news Junkie dot com. Pombay just suspended all of the flock cameras in this city, says Scott. Did they really They're reacting to all of this anti flock stuff that I'm seeing everywhere breaking. The City of Pombay orders immediate suspension of flock camera system following permitting review. The Pombay City Council directed the city staff to investigate the installation of the city's flock automated license plate reader or LPR camera systems following concerns raised regarding their placement and construction. And this was right after Oh shoot what there was a guy who ended up cutting down all of the flock cameras in his entire city, I think, And now people are coming to this guy's defense. Is this him? This is the story here just in case you missed this.
Speaker 21: A wild story tonight where it appears nearly twenty thousand people have vouched for the whereabouts of a man accused of destroying flocks in West Virginia. Thousands of people have publicly said they were with or saw a twenty year old Wesley Jackson during the time he was accused of the crime, with comments such as, couldn't be him. He was helping me replace the roof on a homeless shelter, and I saw him exactly what's at the time of the incident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, they're like the guy who took down these flock cameras are like, no, couldn't have been him. He was with me at the time. He was with me, And so they're trying to turn that guy to a hero for chopping the flock cameras down in his city. Then another story about this, A cop allegedly used a license plate a plate reader in the cameras to small a spy on her boyfriend's ex wife more than thirty times. According to the Elizabeth Snowman, which is quite a last name, Elizabeth Snowman I spelled exactly as you would think. A North Carolina police officer allegedly used her position of authority to gain access to license plate reader cameras to track the movement of her boyfriend's ex wife. Moresville police officer Elizabeth Snowman would you like to build one? Thirty six years old, is facing a charge of illegally accessing computers. The chief of police told reporters that there may be more officers who use this service. Snowman used it thirty one times to spy on her boyfriend's ex wife, including twice well off duty. And that's just the latest of these stories of somebody using that whole service than Snowman. Yeap, indeed, indeed, okay.
Speaker 4: North Carolina police confiscated a top hat in Corncob Pipe that will be returned to Elizabeth when she's released from custody.
Speaker 1: You know, you're not in on this. You don't get to participate. You know, just for the record, you don't get to participate in the content. So that's rude. I did find something that I think you guys should play with this weekend because it's you. I think it's fun. He's really trying for the prize. There's something called Bingebuster and it's it's like, I mean, it brings you back. Really go to bingebuster dot net and you can connect it to your Netflix or like you know what, Plex or whatever account you have, and it takes all of the things to watch and puts them in Look at this, he puts them in a Blockbuster video store and you can walk around the Blockbuster video store and pick out what movies you want. To watch. You like, move over here, I see the Santa Claus. That is fun. You could like look at the whole collection and then start streaming the movie that you want and allows you to hold the you know the movie physical well you digitally speaking, but you can look at all the movies on the shelves and wander around. It's called bingebuster dot I hadn't seen this before, but somebody sent this over. Is there a room with a beaded curtain in front of it? I don't see one, but that would be great if they did throw that in. You can walk around the whole story. You see all of the different things that are available on whatever streaming service you hook it up to. And it's done in that very nostalgic fashion with the walls and sections like you would use over at Blockbuster Video. Rip to Blockbuster Video, friends, my quick break. When we come back, we'll get to something gonna happen at a bar that I mean, this is this is crazy if true, but we'll see if there's anything to that. By the way, bingebuster dot net is the name of that website, bingebuster b I N G E b U S T E R dot net. So we'll come back with this thing that happened at a bar. We got more of your jokes, believe it or not. As bad of an idea as that sounds like, we'll try to work in a couple more for a rate my blank this week and more fun on the way on a Friday that's coming up next on the news junk Keye. Happy Friday, everybody here. We are hang out with you and you can learn more about the show as you always hear me say over on the website, which is at thenewsjunkie dot com. The jokes keep pouring in, whether you like it or not, and we have to get the last ones through. I think we'll probably do them in our final segment of the day, even though I usually say that and then don't I know that's like a bit on the show. But yeah, oh is that a bit? We're calling it a bit now, Well, it's a bit that I don't play as many dispatches at the end. I mean, this is a final dispatches, but Sean can only we'll probably only play one or whatever the song is. You know, I don't know how it goes. You remember how it goes. I don't remember, Dan says good afternoon, junkies. I really wanted my wife to watch and hear the roast, but I can't find it. Can you direct me to it? Love you guys, love the show. Thank you for the email. It should be easy enough. Just go over to the website and scroll on down and at the bottom you'll see the roast of Sean Wass and you can. If you're a Secret Show subscriber, that's free. But if you're not, you don't want to subscribe and do any of that stuff, you can just you can buy it like the pay per view version and watch that. It's a fun time. I think you'd like to go check it out over on the website right now, let's see what else we have here. Stop emailing me your jokes. I'm not accepting them this way, all right. I don't don't email your dad jokes to me. That is not how it works. You know, diarrhea is hereditary, No, it runs in your genes. I knew it, but it was still funny. See, all of these would be better. These are so much better than how many we've got. Let me check. I'll just refresh. We've gotten one hundred and twenty six today. We've gotten six in the last five minutes, and everybody has an opportunity to do the same jokes that that Selan's doing. But they're just they're failing miserably at some of these, Like here's another attempt.
Speaker 8: What do you call a few black guys at a clan gathering?
Speaker 1: Problematic? There is a is an inspected deck. You got method man ray Kwan? You call him whatever their name is, racist, bastards, I got you, Yeah, I got it. Yeah, God, some of these are so I'm not going to laugh when I die. I want to be cremated. It's my last chance to have a smoking hot body. Yeah, just the pronunciation is ruining your punch name. Sorry, here's this one.
Speaker 2: I asked Siri a question.
Speaker 10: I said, Hey, Siri, why am I so bad with women?
Speaker 1: She responded, I'm Alexa, You're moron. You guys could google this. It would be so easy just to google. And I even told you that, I said you could do that. Jesus, I'm going to do one more and that's the end of it. That's the last one we're doing for this whole context.
Speaker 6: Here is.
Speaker 1: There's a desire me.
Speaker 2: What do you call a chicken looking out a salad.
Speaker 1: Chicken sees a salad. Yeah, you know that's one of my favorites. That's why you did that. I'll give you almost got me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my wife said that if anything should happen to her, I should see other women.
Speaker 1: You just stubbed her toe on the bed frame. So good to go. Oh, some of these are so so bad, Like I can't even excuse I can't play them for you because they're that bad. Like, you're not going You're not even gonna laugh. What do you do if your wife starts smoking? Slow down and use some lubricant. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: That's not a dad joke. You can't tell that to a child. Maybe if they're older.
Speaker 10: Did you guys know old as an app that could get you a grandmother when you need one.
Speaker 1: It's called Instagram. Okay, I just say that. I see I'm picturing in my mind's eye that is shared on Facebook by a bunch of boomers and the text is overlaid a minion picture. Yeah, yeah, probably, Yeah, I could see that. I could see that. That's gonna be it for us for this rate my blank entry. This was dad jokes version. We're never doing it again. Never in the history of the show. We will do another Rate my Blank next week and give you an option to participate in the show. It's a distraction from all the crazy news stories we're talking about, all the mom jokes. We're not doing mom jokes, so we're not our mom joke's a thing? Is that a category? I'm not familiar with that. If that's true, now, if Mom's tell him that's a faux pas joke that I totally didn't stealing his Yeah, uh, let's let's end on this here for now. This was kind of sweet. I thought two Alabama boys are being saluted because they helped in finding a missing seventy seven year old woman with dementia. There are some good kids out there. How about that. It's unbelievable. There's still some good kids out there here there.
Speaker 18: And asked us if we've seen like an elderly woman walking around anywhere, and then he said, like she was missing and just told us to keep an eye out.
Speaker 13: And we was riding and we still where that one pole is, and he like turned around and saw her and I was like, okay, well then let's go over there and see. So then we went over there and talked to her, call.
Speaker 23: An adult and tell me. When they walked toward the woman, they saw her sitting in this rocking chair that's once home. The boys say. After speaking to her, they realized she was the missing woman. They quickly called police.
Speaker 1: It was very exhilarating to find her.
Speaker 2: I was happy that we found her, and.
Speaker 13: She was glad that God helped her and God made her okay.
Speaker 1: Look at that God made her okay. God not responsible for her getting dementia or lost, but big ups to God for them finding her. These kids, you know, there's some good kids out there. I don't want to highlight just the bad kids. I want to show you the other side of things going on out there in the world. Okay, let's just take our last break here, and when we come back, what we're going to do is, oh I did. I could play this real quick. This lady in New Zealand was pretty funny. She was doing a zoom meeting. This politician, Joe Gaylor was her name, and they warned her because she was up on the big screen. So it's like a big round table meeting room and then they have some big screens with the people who are participating via zoom, and when they put her up on the screen. She was doing her zoom for her bathroom and you could see her underwear hung up behind her to dry. And they told her, they're like, thank you. Can you hear me?
Speaker 25: And you might want to move your camera why whereas little can see you washing?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 8: Okay, in but.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I played place.
Speaker 1: Can you say many?
Speaker 3: You can?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's great, Okay, you can say like washing? You can say many? Is another problem? Cares They're fine, big deal. Yeah, she just rolled with it there and they're good for her. Yeah, don't be embarrassed about that kind of stuff. Everybody's got underwear. All right, let's let's take that last break. When we come back, we'll do the final dispatch of stories that didn't make the cut, And of course today learned to wrap everything up for a Friday that's coming up next and then to use junkie final dispatches stories that didn't make the cut, or today I learned to wrap everything up for a Friday and the week. Thank you for hanging out with us. We do appreciate it. A new secret show drops every Friday at five pm, So if it's past that time, go click on over and have some fun. I'm gonna tell you this week's show is very good. It was a very good time. I don't remember the last fifteen minutes or so, but I think people had fun something and it was a wild ride and you should miss out on it. So did I get you in trouble last night? With what great? Now you're saying this now, I'm really concerned. I've said something right before the door closed behind me when I left, Oh you did? What did you say? Oh?
Speaker 4: I called you out for telling me that Courtney thought that my underwhelming. Yeah, ceiling comes over. It was something like it was something like the door was about to close. I was like, sorry, it's not a bigger scar, Courtney close.
Speaker 1: I told him not to tell her because when when he went to the bathroom after he got here, ceiling comes into the kitchen, He's like, look him, my knees I fell last week. Look how bad it is. Here's how bad my knees are. And uh, and he's showing off his knee caps. I'll bust it up. And when he goes to the bathroom, court and he's like, his knees weren't that bad what he was talking about? And as I'm telling him, you said that I'm going to tell him you said his knee injury was underwhelming to you, and she's like, no, no, no, no, I was. I wasn't drying to be mean, and then so we you know, we were holding it against her. But she does listen to secret shows. So that's why I can just let loose on all sorts of things about things about her if if Ceiling doesn't mention them afterwards when he's walking out the door, God for Bib torturing some sort of uber driver somewhere. I'm sure you didn't fall last night when he got back home though, right.
Speaker 4: No, no, I told you at the beginning of the show. It's been one week.
Speaker 1: Also, I have to say the great Codorno invention of the day, the plane banner sending by the messages from people who give subscriptions. Genius. But it's like ninety percent phone by Seychell, so it's constantly like you hate your Apple phones using it to pay to troll us about Samsung. This is a guy. If you're new to the show, sayche has been around for a very long time a load. He once cornered me at an event and told me that he had thought about killing me with uh some poisoned dart frog venom mersa something I don't remember what it was. He went. He went into details about how he was going to kill me with a poison dart Frog that he could get on the internet or something, and I was like, wow, that's a strange thing to come up and tell a person. And then he started commenting on how I would talk about Apple devices too much, which I don't really think is true. I don't really talk about Apple devices that much, but he thought that was the case, and he loves Samsung devices. So now he's just flying the plane by with donations saying Apple sucks and Shun sucks Samsung with Apple up. I don't know. Maybe he's right. I don't know. I don't know what to make of all of it. But thank you for all your support folks all week long. We hope you appreciate it. If you want more, which you know, maybe you do. If you enjoyed this show, there's a lot more to open up over on the premium side on secret shows, So take a peek over there over at the news junkie dot com. Uh final dispatches, Well, we played so many of them. We'll pick our winner for the Dad jokes on Monday. God, have there been some bad ones. Somebody says, this is the last one. Please, what'd you do? You have your kid telling us the dad joke? All right here he is sun joke. Say to the beata, I gotta like it. Actually, it's not just because there's a cute candidates. I also think it's not bad. It's also thing. There you go. That's all that's gonna happen for those And it's time for us to get out of here. So let's do today.
Speaker 19: I learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky today. By the way, the update on that clown killer thing was it was completely random. The guy that he did kill. This was the fifteen year old who was dressed up as a clown and a clown costume with his face covered, and he was seen on the doorbell videos like I'm looking for you. I have a gift for you. We couldn't figure exactly what he said, but then he went to a bus stop and they said the man at the bus stop was a seventy eight year old guy who had no idea who he was. It was completely random and he attacked him at that bus stop. That's basically the new details are just that the guy was waiting at a bus stop there. But we'll see. I'm still so curious about that story. So all right, let's get the hell out of here today. Learning this band Dire Streets. That's right, Open the show, close the show, whatever. Here you go. The band Dire Straits was originally called Cafe Races. Not very interesting factoid wise, but I just wanted to add with this song, thank you we're hanging out with us, how fare you well say? On my day, same time, same place, listening the show, Get the podcast over at the neews junkie dot com. We'll see you on Monday. Everybody. That's the way you do it. You plead.
Speaker 26: Money, money, phonos, That's way it.
Speaker 1: Damn guys, don't maybe get up the stone on ya please,