Speaker 1: All right, Mojo in the morning show, when Shannon put this topic in her topic list and her topic diary that she sent into the show.
Speaker 2: We do that night before.
Speaker 1: We always send hey, here's some things going on in our lives, and then we discuss what we're going to talk about on the show. Shannon put this in, I'm like, is it already prom season? And I'm like, wait, I guess it kind of is the end of the school year is prom season?
Speaker 3: I know? And we're halfway through April April already, And this is this is a thing in my life right now because my stepdaughter Sam got prom posed to right the night before last.
Speaker 4: He used so her mom got.
Speaker 3: A new puppy and he like used the puppy and made a sign and came to the house and came to her mom's house and like all these sorts of things. So she's really really excited. And I keep every year I feel like I say this. We did not do promposals in the olden days. Yes, at Grosso High School, you just like figured out who you were and you.
Speaker 1: Bought tickets and yeah, we would ask in the hallways I remember back then. But also you would have like, hey, who are you taking? Who are you taking?
Speaker 3: And try to create a group you know, and do it that way. But now it's promposals. And I thought to myself, I wonder if anybody has ever one hated the promposal so much it was so bad that you said no, or the proposal was so good, or it was so public, kind of like a proposal that you wanted to say no.
Speaker 4: You did not want to go to a problem with this person.
Speaker 3: But you you felt pressure, so you had to say yes, man, because it can be dicey.
Speaker 5: I feel like I just seen it wasn't a proposal, but proposal. I just seen this on the jumbo tron. The guy proposed his wife at halftime, and she looked like she wanted to say no, and he just pushed the ring on her finger and it was almost like he made her say yes in that moment.
Speaker 2: So I like public.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like a public promposal might even be a bit worse than that. You got all your friends around, and some.
Speaker 3: Of them are so over the top, like this one was like cute and not expensive and just like at home, you know, yeah, just enough.
Speaker 1: Is uh going? And by the way, eight four to four Mojo Live if you've ever had a bad promposal or somebody said no, if you'll have to call us up and tell us eight four four Mojo live eight four four six sixty five six five four eight or text call me to nine five five zero zero and we'll call you up and we'll get you on the air.
Speaker 2: So is this Sam's like she have a boyfriend?
Speaker 4: No, No, they're just friends with a guy friend of hers.
Speaker 1: Because I was gonna say, because he got the dog involved, so obviously he knew that she had this dog. Yeah, totally. So did he contact Sam's mom ahead of time.
Speaker 2: To do all this stuff?
Speaker 4: He contacted her brother?
Speaker 2: Oh is he like friends of the family type? He like notify Wes so West was there and could see it happen.
Speaker 1: No, No, it was West Bum and he wasn't there.
Speaker 2: No, No, he didn't get got.
Speaker 3: The he got the video for Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember remember the uh the boys were doing proposals and stuff like that, and it just cost me money.
Speaker 2: What was some of their proposals?
Speaker 1: God, I could call chelse An asker, but Luke had a couple of them that were kind of creative, Like I I remember at the time, there was some stuff that was like reality TV stuff.
Speaker 2: I think he did like poster boards.
Speaker 4: This was the poster board and Haute saying on it.
Speaker 2: I feel like I just asked a girl about our locker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I always ask I said to Joe, I said, Joe, one of the most classic movies of all time was that John Cusack movie where he was holding up the box out And when.
Speaker 2: Was that movie again? That was uh the hell?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it was a great movie. And I said to Joe, I go, Joe, that's like an infamous scene. I said, that would have been like the greatest way to ask Alyssa, his wife saying saying, I said, do I say anything type of proposal?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: He probably like what is that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think he did Disney or something. He did something stupid like did.
Speaker 4: You ever say no to somebody who asked you Twitter?
Speaker 2: I did you really? Why did you say no?
Speaker 4: Because I didn't like him?
Speaker 3: Freshman year, this kid asked me a homecoming we made we made floats. I don't know if all high schools do this, but we made floats for the homecoming parade. And it was at a float, like not practic a float, I don't know, yeah, like a float party and he asked me, and I was like, no, I think I told my friend to tell him no, evil, Crazy's not interesting if I did not want to go to prom.
Speaker 2: So it was me convincing him to go to prom that I know. Dick, Uh, what's going on? Caitlyn?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 2: Hi, what's happening?
Speaker 7: I had I had a proposal that I felt like I had to say yes too. So he was actually my and my best friend at the time. She's like, hey, running me all around the school and she runs me outside and there's my ex standing on top of a car holding a poster and like a couple dozen roses.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she didn't want to go with him.
Speaker 2: How recent was the break up?
Speaker 7: He cheated on me?
Speaker 4: Why do you think it was a good idea to ask you?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 7: I don't know that was the thing. And I don't know why she helped him either, And what did you say? This whole thing? I looked at him like everyone was in front of me. There was a bunch of people around. I'm like, sure, I guess you.
Speaker 2: Have a date.
Speaker 7: And I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: You have fun?
Speaker 1: You should have been like Shannon on the float. No, I'm not going with you and then push them off the flow. She was like the scary kid.
Speaker 2: He was talking about. Yeah, he was like the scary kid long trench coats. What's going on, Sarah?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 7: How are you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: By the way, I wouldn't have gone to school the next month and a half and anybody in Shannon's school after that, But go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 2: So one of my one.
Speaker 6: Of my really good memories from high school. I had a group of friends. It was our group of guy friends and boyfriends that we were all together. We the way that they asked us the prom, they had their shirts off and then they just said will you go to prom? And it was a big group setting, and I just remember like it was such a good memory. We had such a good time for that prom.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: I think? Honestly, it was just it was just like a they were you know what they did?
Speaker 6: Yeah, they were They just wrote that their use the paint marker or whatever. Okay, will you go to prom? Question mark? Yeah? And then he had flowers.
Speaker 2: It was kind of a fun What school was this, Sarah? And what year was this? Uh?
Speaker 7: This was Spring Lake High School in twenty ten.
Speaker 1: Twenty ten, Man, what was it? What was your prom song? Do you remember what your prom song was? There?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Drum song? I think?
Speaker 7: Or what is it? I got a feeling is one of those.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Real black? Wow. I love it. That's me, I love it. Uh, what's up, Shannon? How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good?
Speaker 2: How are you good?
Speaker 1: We're talking promposals. Did you guys do promposals or are you like Uh? Mine and Shannon's generation that didn't do promposals?
Speaker 7: Okay, so I'm your generation.
Speaker 6: However, I will never forget.
Speaker 7: In eighth grade, this boy asked me to the eighth grade dance in I sad. No, I didn't want to go. I was going with my friends.
Speaker 2: His mother called.
Speaker 7: My mom and I had to go with him.
Speaker 2: No, that's range, this is PTSD.
Speaker 4: How many years later, still.
Speaker 7: Dude, I swear to God and all the pictures my arms are crossed. I'm frowning.
Speaker 3: I was so kicked off. I will never forget it.
Speaker 1: My mom used to make my brother Tony go to prom or any kind of dances homecomings with the girls that were not I.
Speaker 4: Didn't have dates, damn dates.
Speaker 1: And my brother Tony was a really good looking guy in high school, like all the girls kind of liked him. He never really had like girlfriend because he was like no, but you know, age and stuff, you know. But so all these really like unattractive girls, like they didn't have dates would go with my brother and they would love it. It was wild and honestly, I think Tony kind of got off like that. He it was like he was like a superhero, you know, like he was like the nice guy that would go and it was funny because Tony I remember a couple of times telling stories about how the good looking girls would be pissed that the not so good looking girl had the better looking date.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I was actually, honestly like it was something out of a movie, Like you could make a movie out of.
Speaker 2: That whole day. Did you ever get lucky with the uglies? I think Tony did a lot of ugly girls over time. I think that was just saying like he was he was.
Speaker 1: Really good about that because he's like, you know, it's.
Speaker 2: All really good. Oh good.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I love it. I don't think Tony Tony. I think he had one sex with one person, and that's his wife. What's going on Rachel Hi.
Speaker 7: Hi. So first off, first time on time.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 7: So my freshman year, a boy's mom asked me to homecoming.
Speaker 1: The mom did how did the boy feel about his mom doing that?
Speaker 7: He like hid away, so I didn't even see him, but everyone was around and heard her asking me, so I felt obligated to say yes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that you know what. You're such a sweetheart for doing it, though you're not embarrassing, although you probably were worried the mom was gonna beat your ass if you said no.
Speaker 6: I definitely was