Speaker 1: The News Chokie starts now. It is Monday, July thirteenth, twenty twenty six. Watch to get to today from was Lindsey Graham poisoned? To Connor McGregor, UFC fight fixing allegations and this shocking truth about that viral bison attack video. RUSS your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam Moore, Selane is here, no, so are you.
Speaker 2: You can join us with a dispatch record yours on the website or the app right now. You can also watch the show on YouTube or twitch dot tv Slash the news Junkie.
Speaker 3: Your message is rolling all right at the studio in real time.
Speaker 1: How is everybody doing on a Monday?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: How about you? Good?
Speaker 3: Good, glad to be back at We have so many things to get into today. It's a busy weekend, so that mean it's gonna be a busy day here on the show. Mondays are easy right time for me at least. I don't know about for you, but Monday is like, whoa holy cow? Do we got a lot to get into, so we will do.
Speaker 1: That quite a bit that happened over the weekend and even just this morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean just one after another mystery, people dying or are kind of going quiet or disappearing or not.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Definitely wasn't Iran, right, Definitely wasn't Russia. Have we sorted all of this out? We'll get into that. There are theories abounding out there and we'll definitely address those at some point in time here during the show today. Also, Selane, I didn't even tell you about this, but I launched a new feature. Yes, gosh, all right, is the last one ever. It's only for Secret Show subscribers. But don't roll your eyes the last. Sure, let me tell you why I did this first. Okay, first thing is I routinely when we do some sort of live event or when we go out or when somebody comes up and say they listen to the show and they're like, hey, nice to meet you, I'll ask people have you ever sent in a dispatch?
Speaker 5: Or like do you ever join us on the show?
Speaker 3: And the number one thing I get when somebody says no, I've never sent in a dispatch is what what do you think? What's the number one? I'm too scared to Okay, that's a good one. I get that a lot, Yeah, I do, But more than that, I get people saying I hate the sound of my own voice. All right, they say, I hate the sound of my own voice. So I would love to join the show my feedback, but I don't necessarily like to hear the sound of my voice. Well, that has been forever repaired for you, all right, for today, maybe today only, Maybe I take the future away. If you go over to the Good Coderino Gibth and THEA you bet you're ass. You go to the Newsjunkie dot com and you go to the little dispatches section on the dispatch page. There is now an option for Secret Show subscribers called TTS Dispatch, and you can choose different voices, all right, So you could say whatever you want. You typing a script, you can put in what the effects should be on the voice, angry, sad, laughing, whatever you want, and you put it in there. I've got I've added Radio DJ Sergeant, Flirty Girl, and New York Mubster.
Speaker 1: All right, let's hear Flirty Girl. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: You can send one right now if you want. You can test this out. Unless you're not a Secret Show subscriber. I don't know if you're tossing any support behind.
Speaker 5: But we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little bit of that.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happened. Send yours over onthewsjunkie dot com. Right now here we go. Let's put our ears with the ground, our fingers and the pulse. Lets see what's happened to this great, big, wide world of ours. Whether you want it to be or not. The World Cup action ain't over, folks. I've been told by people who know we're just getting into the nitty gritty.
Speaker 5: But the vibes are immaculate.
Speaker 1: The vibes have never been better. In Miami, in the stadium, the fans, all the players, both teams, they started to hear a song playing along, and the speakers of the stadium and they started singing along.
Speaker 5: So let's listen in.
Speaker 1: Wait for it. Oh that took me a second.
Speaker 6: Nice.
Speaker 3: There is nothing quite like an entire stamp of people singing a song together.
Speaker 1: I needed that today. Yeah, I needed that for my Monday morning. That's That's one of those things that gets me so jazz.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, man, I have stories about myself and some of the people in the band oasis if you're new around here, but I throw it all to the side. All right, I'll throw it all to the side for a moment like that where everybody can sing along and Oasis Wonderwall.
Speaker 5: Comes on to the speakers.
Speaker 1: You're right. For a second, you're like, what what's that song? What did I what are they singing?
Speaker 7: And then that.
Speaker 1: Whoosh that says everybody's singing along.
Speaker 3: What's so crazy about this to me is this is the power of a mega song. Like you sit down, you grab a guitar. AI will never do this. It probably will, but.
Speaker 5: For now AI doesn't quite do this.
Speaker 3: You put a pen to a pad, you write a song, and then everybody in this stadium knows it, from from like five year olds to ninety five year olds and everybody in between. And I think that's pretty damn cool. I like it myself, but you know, you tell me what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Many many things to discuss today, as I said, and we'll start rolling through some of those. Obviously, Lindsey Graham mysteriously dead.
Speaker 1: What did they say?
Speaker 3: They said after a surprise in short battle with a mystery illness or something? The family game out there like it was, you know, a short battle with a surprise illness.
Speaker 1: Surprise, Wait, what is that? What's going on with everybody?
Speaker 3: We got Mitch McConnell, Proof of Life photos, question Mark, We've got there's some fun stuff. But another person who passed away unfortunately over the weekend was one of the actors from my favorite movie of all time, literally number one with a bullet and I don't think anybody could have done his role better than he did. Sam Neil, the star of Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it this morning. I was like, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 3: Look like such a healthy seventy eight. We all know what I'm talking about when I say that, Like there are people who are seventy eight and you go, ohom good gripkeeper behind you. And then there are people who are seventy eight and you look at me and you're like, you look fantastic.
Speaker 1: Like you really look great.
Speaker 3: And actor Sam Neil of Jurassic Park fame, if you don't know, he was the main paleontologist. He's like the main character. He's doctor Grant for God's sake, you know, he's the guy in there. And David Attenborough's brother died a long time ago, the one who was like, you know, we've.
Speaker 1: Sped no expense. That guy.
Speaker 5: He's been dead forever.
Speaker 3: So you got Sam Neil now dead at seventy eight years old. A lot of people don't know he shunned the whole Hollywood thing, which I always appreciate. Just an obnoxious lot the Hollywood folks, as you well know already. But he shunned the Hollywood people and went and built a farm or you know, created a farm where he had ducks and all these little animals and he spent his time with them. And here was one of his final videos that he posted on social media.
Speaker 5: It's him with his ducks.
Speaker 8: Charlie, I love.
Speaker 5: What people say stuff like that in these videos.
Speaker 3: He goes, I don't know if you've have a cuddled duck. Well, no, we haven't cuddled a duck, Sam Neil. All right, he's petting his little duck.
Speaker 1: Probably more soothing for me. How did this guy die? I know he's sitting there cuddling ducks. His blood pressure is probably totally normal. It's in the negative. I think his blood pressure is literally in the negative. There he is so sweet man.
Speaker 3: Jurassic Park fame, dying at age seventy eight unfortunately.
Speaker 1: And like you said, yeah, like he still was working, he still had some stuff coming up. You know, it didn't seem like he was in any sort of disrepair. Yeah, it's not like you know, sometimes you wake up to a I like the word disrepair about a human because I think that's a good word to describe me, because, like you do, you wake up to the news that people die all the time, and every once in a while you go, yeah, that one makes sense that one person was in disrepair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I agree. We already got these TTS dispatches coming in.
Speaker 1: Do we want to hear them?
Speaker 3: Or let's try about Is this gonna be a failed experiment? You think, here's Hale with one of the TTS displays.
Speaker 1: Hey, how you doing? I need some absolution.
Speaker 9: The fam told me I had to cap the other head of the family in Queen's That is the only way to make some cheddar cap.
Speaker 1: This is a bad idea. See how did the spell capeche I wouldn't even know spell capeche.
Speaker 3: C I P I I I ce, so he must have got that right. I think people are using it already. I don't know if it's going to be a flopper now we'll let people judge.
Speaker 10: Hey, big boy, Oh my gosh, flirty girl here, Oh my gosh. This is also I've never seen Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: What the shot? That's the weirdest thing about that, you know, I told you most people who will talk to me will say I would love to send a dispatch.
Speaker 3: I would love to be a part of the show. I hate the sound of my voice. Now problem solved, right, Yeah, the porn dispatch, it's not a porn.
Speaker 1: Please don't call it a porns patch. Is that that's one of the options. There's a there's a share a sergeant. There's various different options. Or people can send in their real voice. That's fine too.
Speaker 7: And I was like, I.
Speaker 3: Can't wait for old sergeant to go, Hey, big boy, I've never seen a restic card. This is somebody saying. That's not why people don't send it dispatches.
Speaker 1: Man kicking.
Speaker 8: It's not that we don't want to send in dispatches or we care about our voice.
Speaker 3: Okay, I gotta stop you. You know I hate this. If you listen to this show, don't say we.
Speaker 1: You're not a we.
Speaker 3: You're a single person. You're not speaking on behalf of a movement. You're not the person behind a thousand other people like you think you are. You're not some grand representative for the larger audience. Say I mean, man Kicking, okay, please in the future, thank you.
Speaker 8: Ever since you started seeing the commentary of what's in the dispatch, you stopped playing as many dispatches that we send in. Yeah, the dispatch was more fun if you didn't know what was coming.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the FCC loves that too, Man Kicking.
Speaker 3: They're huge fans of the dispatches you don't know coming. Right now, there's a transcript on the dispatch, so I can see if you're on topic number one. And second of all, so I can see if you're cursing because you can't play that, whether you do it in a very whispery, flirty girl voice or not. Right like, hey boy, even that you can't you're not allowed to do it, you know what I mean. There's rules, there's things that you can't do. We'll see how it works, Man Kicking. You've got your theory and the group you think you represent. I have my theory because I've literally talked to my own audience for a very very very very very very long time and after talking to hundreds and hundreds of people about this very particular issue. This is the number one thing that I get. This is the number one thing I get. No one on YouTube says no, that man speaks for me.
Speaker 1: He doesn't.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe maybe for you, but not for the rest of them. Let us know what you think and maybe you join us with one of these along the way. Today we got our of course, Lindsay Graham information, some crazy juicy stuff on that. We got to get to this bison viral video because the story behind it is absolutely wild, but let's.
Speaker 1: Know itself is absolutely wild. Oh my god, it's so crazy.
Speaker 3: That went viral about as fast as anything I've ever seen in my life, honestly, God.
Speaker 1: And I saw that.
Speaker 3: Video and when I showed it to Courtney, Courtney goes, did he just die? And I don't know, no, And then she's like, Okay, good and it's like I didn't want to laugh if he died, and I'm like, I would have laughed if he done or not. That was a funny bison flipping video. I have never enjoyed something so much in my life. Over at there's a box office. Moana didn't catch a wave says Deadline on Saturday and Sunday at the box office. Although it did bring in forty three million dollars at number one, it costs about two hundred.
Speaker 5: And fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: Ye okay, two hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 1: He says. Mohana didn't catch a wave. Mine said, Mine says Mohana. Flounders. Yeah, see, that's what they're all gonna do. Two flounders. Kel's official says, this is the best thing my boyfriend has ever showed me. I've never watched the live show before. Welcome in.
Speaker 5: You can join along as well.
Speaker 3: YouTube dot com Slash the News junkie Mahana number one with forty three million dollars. It was originally supposed to get about sixty million bucks in the opening weekend, even eighty I think before that, but it fell off hard. People just don't care that much about it. Minions and Monsters number two with twenty million. Toy Story five in at number three with eighteen million dollars, followed by Dead burn in That Young Washington movie just hangs on to the top five over at the box office. I got some amazing emails. Honestly, some of the best we've gotten in a long time. I did want to save those, so I'll put them right here. We'll do those in the next segment. We'll also get to the very surprising news going on with Lindsey Graham at what was happening there. We got Amy Kaufelt, the viral Bison thing. Everything you need to know about it's all coming up next on the news.
Speaker 1: Chunky out of nowhere this weekend, I mean seemingly out of nowhere.
Speaker 3: You had Lindsey Graham, the politician. Now a lot of these politicians are pretty old, but Lindsey Graham was seventy one, I think seventy one years old.
Speaker 1: So whereas you know the older dude.
Speaker 3: He's so many people in Congress that are way older than him. And he was just like twenty four hours before, Lindsey Graham's just shooting the s with the media people and he seemed totally fine.
Speaker 5: And I hate this. I hate when this happens.
Speaker 3: I hate when somebody seems totally normal and then two days later they're dead and you go, oh my god, now what's going to happen for me?
Speaker 1: Like I want to be able to see it coming from you think you're gonna die all of a sudden. I don't think I'm gonna die all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: And I'm not trying to just center myself as the main character here Seiland. But what I am saying, what I am saying without a doubt, is when I see somebody's character, see somebody die like that and they seemed good like forty eight hours or twenty four hours before, it scares me more. It overall scares me a little bit more. And then I see stories like this was Lindsey Graham poisoned? While Iran and Russia are at this center of conspiracy theories, and this is making the round out there. It says, the sudden and unexpected death of veteran US Senator Lindsay Graham has sparked a flood of online conspiracy theories, with Iran and Russia becoming the focus of unverified speculation.
Speaker 5: Although officials said the.
Speaker 3: South Carolina Republican died following a brief and sudden illness, which is I mean, it's just a strange way to even to describe this. There was reports that there was somebody getting CPR at his house, which was almost exactly like the Mitch McConnell thing, exactly what's happening here?
Speaker 1: It's the weird old political people. What's going on.
Speaker 3: No evidence has emerged linking any foreign actor to his death, yet. Graham's recent Ukraine visit, his push for fresh sanctions on Russia, his longstanding advocacy of a hardline policy against Iran, and recent reports of threats from Iranian's leaders have prompted social media users and commentators the question whether there's more to the story.
Speaker 1: Well, of course you would question whether there's more to the story when you report things like sudden mysterious illness. Yeah, it's like you're almost asking for this. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Somebody says Lindsey Graham didn't have much family, just as sister. We'll get into that too, because there's lots of rumors around this dude. But here he is. This is crazy. This is twenty four hours before he died. This is Lindsey Graham in front of a bunch of tanks, for God's sake, and he just seems fine.
Speaker 12: We've reached agreement with a White House on a version of the Russian sanctions bill that they will support. It means it's going to become law. So when I get back to Washington. I'm gonna go with Senator Blumenthal to the Republican Democratic Leader to see if we can find time to move this Russian sanctious package that would give tools to president.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna see he just eat seems completely and totally is with it. There's no sign that something is going wrong. I know you don't always get that.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you guys have like lost somebody and you know the day before they seem fine.
Speaker 5: But it's just it's a little bit bizarre.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you what the doctors have said about this in a moment or two here. But here's is the radio traffic.
Speaker 3: This is the radio traffic from the incident at Lindsey Graham's house.
Speaker 5: Let see if that's mysterious at all.
Speaker 1: Response Pa chest Pain Capital Street Southeast, response South Caple Street Southeast.
Speaker 5: ALA's response.
Speaker 7: Response als response South Capri Street Southeast.
Speaker 13: That sounds.
Speaker 1: Age seven communications for a callback. Yeah, open the front door.
Speaker 3: It's easier to listen to on their side because I have no idea what that lady saying.
Speaker 5: I only know lady was.
Speaker 1: The mumble mouthed, and then the guy sounds like he was not in any hurry. Yeah, he's chilling, which for an emergency services person, you would think you would want to hear a little more I don't know, into you know, initiative and a little more pep in the stats. Yeah, little excitement about this. What the hell is going on here?
Speaker 14: She's not in the home, she says, is unlocked?
Speaker 5: Is unlocked?
Speaker 7: Bold is secured?
Speaker 5: Dead Bold is secured?
Speaker 1: Never because have you tried knocking at the door to see the calla?
Speaker 7: My answer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, repeatedly?
Speaker 3: So did he literally have no one living in his house with him? Like, can you imagine that you're you're a big famous politician, A lot of people know who you are, a lot of people love you, a lot.
Speaker 5: Of people hate you.
Speaker 3: You're traveling the world, You're an incredibly powerful person. And then you just live by himself.
Speaker 1: He just I mean, I don't even know many people right now who live by themselves, and you know, that just seems like it would be.
Speaker 5: Very, very weird.
Speaker 3: But yeah, Lindsey Graham lived by himself. And so they went to the house and there's dead bolt locked, and so he started to wonder, like, why would there be conspiracies about this? Sean, Well, here he is this is what a couple of days before he died July sixth, This is like a week he says. At least they use a good photo of me, judge me by my enemies, and it's the Iranian crowd and it says, sooner or later, your heads will roll target Lindsey Graham with an actual like gun target on his forehead, and it says, see what happens. And now that I can also see like Ben Shapiro and some other people Donald Trump, you know, President Trump. But amongst these was Lindsey Graham. Like legitimately, there was a lot of people saying they wanted to kill this guy, even though we lived by himself and were just kind of chilling there. And there were some people dancing on his grave over there. Yeah, yeah, for sure, Yeah yeah, I mean they were seeking this or saying that they were going to do it.
Speaker 5: Some of the details here. This says the final hours.
Speaker 3: Lindsey Graham spoke with Trump by phone Saturday night and briefed them on his recent trip to Ukraine and the Russian sanctions bill he wanted the Senate to vote on.
Speaker 5: Zoom.
Speaker 3: Trump told Lindsay Graham he was preparing to launch fresh strikes against Iran after another attack on commercial ships in the straight of ward Moves. The person who spoke with Graham shortly afterwards said the Senator here we go, complained that he was feeling unwell when the person urged him to seek medical attention immediately. Lindsey Graham said he would do so Sunday morning after his scheduled appearance on NBC's Meet the Press. Now, obviously he didn't make it to Meet the Press because he died. Lindsey Graham joked on the phone call, I can't die now. I still need to do the Russia sanctions, get Iran sorted out, and do Israeli Saudi normalizations. He died, oh, right after saying this, which is it's I mean, your final words always seem more strange because they're your final words.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: If the last thing I said to se Lane after the show, when our mics are off and we're about to roll out for the day, my final little message to se Lane was the last thing I ever said to him, Trust me, it would be weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't die now. I need to add a new text to speech voice on the dews Junkie app for subscribers.
Speaker 3: I haven't checked, but I'm sure there's just some absolutely great, a golden content on there.
Speaker 5: We'll dig that up in a moment.
Speaker 3: Here, a DC medical examiner says, Lindsay Graham's preliminary cause of death is aortic dissection due to arterio sclerotic cardiovascular disease. I don't know what the hell that means, So let's look that up. Aortic dissection scene line? Is that just a heart attack? Is that a fancy way for saying you're depressed?
Speaker 5: What is? What is?
Speaker 3: What is an aortic dissection? Because that's what they're blaming this on. The DC Medical Examiner.
Speaker 1: Symptoms and causes medical emergence in which emergency in which a tear happens in the inner layer of the body's main artery, a life threatening medical emergency in the innermost layer of the order of the body's manner, the blood forces its way between the arteri's walls, splitting them apart. Go call nine one one, or go to the nearest emergency room. And if you suspect this condition.
Speaker 3: Okay, would that be considered a heart attack though? Or no, it's like another heart issue, like a heart failure. Of another type.
Speaker 1: I guess it is ordered the section a heart attack, No, it's not. A heart attack is when a clogged blood vessel blocks blood from reaching the heart muscle, and they ordered to section as a tear and the blood forces its way between the layers and tears them apart. Okay, that's the opposite of a heart attack.
Speaker 3: That's allegedly what happened to Lindsay Graham.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Some of this other stuff seems a little bit interesting. At the very least, there was a lot of people that wanted this guy dead. We've got these political leaders mysteriously falling out Ei.
Speaker 5: There's some strange things to me.
Speaker 3: Somebody shares on meat the press, which, strangely enough, I guess, is where is where Lindsay Graham was trying to get before he died. But I guess they had Donald Trump on and the president. Somebody said he sounds like he was crying here. I don't know if I've ever heard President Trump almost cry. Don't think I have. I don't think i've heard him. Get you up, But that's what they said happened here. Let's listen.
Speaker 5: Here we go around the time.
Speaker 7: It couldn't have been much longer. He could have been his last call. I don't know exactly, but I got a message about one o'clock in the morning from one of the people at his office that he had passed away. I said, you got it. I just can't believe it. He was like a member of the family to me. It's very tough.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's that's funny for a couple of reasons. But Trump said he is like a member of the family to me. Right, he was a member of the family. I said, oh, okay, I remember some stuff though, like I remember some problems back and forth with them. I remember some moments. We all have our moments, you know. Sometimes in relationships you get along sometimes you don't. But this one kind of stuck with me.
Speaker 1: This way. He says, he was just like a member of the family. But let's flash back today.
Speaker 15: I called the jack gass by this guy. Then I said to myself, Hey, didn't this guy call me like four years ago? Yes, he called me four years ago, three four years ago something.
Speaker 7: I didn't even know who he was.
Speaker 1: This sped up, he goes, mister Trump.
Speaker 3: It might be sped up a little bit because Trump sounds different here. He's talking Lindsay Grant.
Speaker 1: Lindsey Gray.
Speaker 15: I wonder if it would be possible for you to call Fox, And he wanted to know whether or not I could give him a good reference on Fox and Frants.
Speaker 5: Okay, you want to know would I do that?
Speaker 15: And then of course he wanted to know whether or not he could come and see me if for's some campaign contribution. And he gave me his number and I found the card. I wrote the number down. I don't know if it's the right number. Let's try it, two oh two go.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Maybe it's you know, it's three or four years ago, so maybe it's an old number. He just gives out his cell phone number and he's like, we're family. Maybe you know, maybe they made up. Maybe they made up.
Speaker 5: He made up with Ted Cruz, so anything is possible.
Speaker 1: And he sound like a like an Ai Trump like it was too fast. Yeah, he was all sped up.
Speaker 5: That was real though.
Speaker 3: I remember when he did that. Let's see if he sounds more choked up. Going back to the meet the Press.
Speaker 1: Thing, It's amazing, mister press.
Speaker 7: He was, he was, he was such an advocate. He was, you know, if he if he wanted to get something. And you know, he had a unique ability. He was able to deal with democrats everybody. If I had a problem, a real problem, I wouldn't often ask, but if I had a problem with a Democrat, he could work it out. He was a great He was a great politician. Actually, he does.
Speaker 5: Sound pretty choked up.
Speaker 1: Actually, and I don't know what's going on there, but he did sound like he was pretty emotional.
Speaker 3: I did not know he was capable of tears never. I'd not heard that before. It was kind of a nice positive moment. I saw a lot of people from the other side of the aisle. I saw like a nice message from Kamala Harris and then Corey Booker, who definitely did not get along with Senator Graham politically speaking, but I guess did just like on a personal level, had a nice message that he put out. So it's like not people doing the grave dancing stuff.
Speaker 16: So I'd go up to Lindsay Graham and I'm a brand new center determined to do something about mass incarceration. And I hear through Dick Durban and others that he's the guy to work with. And I say, mister Graham, Sir, I'd like to work with you on criminal justice reform. He seems almost amused by what I said.
Speaker 1: He goes, Corey, do you.
Speaker 16: Understand I'm in a primary way.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't expect that.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't expect that to happen. I'll keep an eye on this here.
Speaker 1: We only have one more dump, and plus I don't know what's coming.
Speaker 5: Up in these t ths dispatchers. I can't even so much as talk to you right now. Get out of here. Man, come back to me after my primary.
Speaker 16: And I laughed and came back to him after the primary, and true to his word, he rolled up.
Speaker 5: The sleeves and we went to work.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So he's had a nice message about working with him, and I think, like the I hate this day and age of like because I disagree with somebody, I am going to dance on their grave and I'm going to loudly celebrate their death, like there are people who I celebrate their death. When bin Laden died, I was all about it. I like, hell yeah, brother man, ladies and gentlemen, we got him, you know. I was all about it. Would these terrible actual monsters die? I'm all about it. Everyone's in a blue Moon. But when these really you just disagree with die, I like when they don't crap on each other just because they're like politically opposed.
Speaker 1: Did you celebrate when how about daddy like a dog? Bet your assid that he died like a dog?
Speaker 3: Moment, Russian opposition figure igor Yiadman claimed that Lindsay Graham may have been killed by the Kremlin. According to this person, two factors point to this. The timing and location Moscow had a motive. Graham actively advocated for increased pressure on Russian support for Ukraine. He also recently said that Trump supported his bill introducing new Hellish sanctions against the Russian Federation. They also said he just went to Ukraine, So they're like that, that's the Russian suggesting.
Speaker 5: I don't know, maybe they had something to.
Speaker 6: Do with it.
Speaker 3: And then on the rumors of Lindsay lived by himself Graham, there was a lot of interesting information being thrown around.
Speaker 5: This one I thought was more interesting.
Speaker 3: Graham was an unmarried man whose mannerisms and speech patterns read as a feminine or gay. To the extent is gayness was the worst kept secret in Washington. It was because if you heard the guy talk you suspect that he might be gay, the evidence that he patronized male prostitutes. There's a lot of stories about this, Lindsay Graham like with male prostitutes. They said his some anonymous posts on social media platforms and message boards that could be entirely fabricated. There's never been a single on the record claim or accusation from a name person. There's never been a shred of evidence, and I'm sure a lot of people would look for it because outing somebody like Graham as gay would make a progressive journalist's career. It was very difficult for a politician to regularly patronize sex workers without getting caught. That's how Elliot Spitzer got caught moving his hooker money around. We forgot about Elliott Spitzer. Yeah, the hooker money. It's plausible and perhaps likely that Lindsay Graham was gay, but unlikely he patronized male prostitutes. The lady g lady bug, all of those things, the memes are most likely fabrications. He was probably celibate, somebody, says Daniel Freed. The journalist Daniel Friedman writing about why Lindsey Graham, may I not getting married to somebody else.
Speaker 1: I could see the seliment thing just because it's like, all right, you know one of the last things you said to somebody was I can't die yet. I have to work on Russian sanctions. Yeah, that's not a person who has sex.
Speaker 17: No.
Speaker 5: No, like that's Washington talk.
Speaker 1: Like you would think.
Speaker 3: I will never say that to you at the end of the show. I will never be like I can't because I've got to work on the sanction.
Speaker 1: You would think that, you know, like other people with different priorities would be like, I can't die yet. I have to see my kid graduate. I have to you know, hold my grandchildren. I have to do something, you know nice. Right, Yeah, this guy Russian sanctions that he was he was into it his whole life in the world of politics. I don't understand that. But for for some people, I guess that's what they want to do. This post here says from Scott Stedman. South Carolina law requires a new special Republican primary when a nomine each chosen through a primary dies before the general election.
Speaker 3: So I guess that's what will happen. The governor appoints somebody until January. So the governor of the state of South Carolina will appoint somebody the Senate is the governor of South Carolina a Republican. Right now, you look up quickly because that will matter. I mean, that's obviously gonna determine Republican Henry McMaster. Okay, so nothing really will change all that much.
Speaker 5: In the Senate.
Speaker 3: The governor will appoint somebody who's very likely a Republican that will last until January.
Speaker 1: When that says he was urging the governor to appoint Lindsay Graham's sister, Oh really, really interesting. I mean I don't know much about her or what would happen. I just know that death was strange?
Speaker 18: Is it?
Speaker 5: He would shut up? Wouldn't that be? The parents were just screwing with him at that point?
Speaker 3: Right I Do you want to try to one of these TTS dispatches or are you scared? There's so mandy coming in? If this is any indication people really they don't want to hear their own voice, but they do want to be a part of the show. Like here's an example.
Speaker 1: God damn it, Wilson, You're a goddamn genius. This is the most outstanding answer I have ever heard. You must have a goddamn like you of one sixty you are goddamnit.
Speaker 19: What's a lot of yeah, right, all right, all right, all right, let's let's be let's be easy on it. People are sensitive to that word. There's people just testing it out. There's there's a lot of different things going on. So yeah, we'll see you guys can send those in. I prefer the dispatches where I can hear your actual voice. You can do the anonymiser version.
Speaker 3: You got no excuses now, so we'll see how it goes as the day rolls on.
Speaker 20: Now.
Speaker 1: I wanted to get to these emails.
Speaker 3: I have not done that just yet, but they're really good emails to get started some interesting stuff, including Sealan, we've.
Speaker 1: Been invited to something. What we've been invited to something?
Speaker 3: And we got Amy Kay as well, Amy Kaufel she'll be joining us at the top of the hour. We are just getting started on a Monday that's coming up next on the News Junkie. If the Amy kaw felts chat this week sounds perfect. Thanks se Lane because he came in like an hour early the other day and did like a test with the Fox folks.
Speaker 5: It wake sure everything was working.
Speaker 1: Basically, just a check one two, check one two kind of deal.
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: Testing one thing you do at home?
Speaker 3: Yeah, testing one to check your check the thing that when I do it in the studio, Courtney goes.
Speaker 5: I can't do it.
Speaker 3: I can't do it anymore. I can't take this. It's just like that, but it should sound better. We'll see how it goes. We got the viral Bison story. The story behind that is so unbelievable. I got to pick a side for you. We have the Connor McGregor drama. Did he rig that whole fight?
Speaker 1: We have so much more.
Speaker 3: Mitch McConnell with a newspaper proving in air quotes that he's still alive. But right now, Tips of Theewsjunkie dot com and this is a kill. Okay, that's quite the name, Sean, they say to Tips of the newsjunky dot Com. I got pulled over, and this is what happened. I will judge whether you deserve to be pulled over or not.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I was speeding through my neighborhood when I saw a girl on her front lawn playing with a cat. All of a sudden, the cat ran out into the streets. Although I hit the brakes I accidentally ran over it. What the hell, what are you doing here? Within seconds, blue lights appeared behind me. The cop was out of his door before I even had time to pull over. I heard him tell the little girl to go get her mom or dad, and then when he walked up to my car, he pulled the whole cop routine, saying, do you know why I pulled you over?
Speaker 1: I said, yes, I was speeding. Just give me the ticket. The cop wrote me a ticket and then asked what I wanted to do about the second one. The second ticket, I asked, He explained that in my state, it's illegal to hit a cat and drive off, as a cat is considered property, meaning it's up to the owner to determine what happens.
Speaker 5: He told me to step out of the car and have a conversation with the girl's father.
Speaker 3: Keep in mind, the cops stood there the entire time, and the little girl was crying, so it basically felt like three people looking at me like I killed their family member.
Speaker 1: My is this true?
Speaker 3: If you accidentally hit an animal like that and you drive off, it's the same as a regular hit and ruck. Yeah, sure, I guess it's a properly mean people means when you hit that dog all those years ago, that was a long time ago, you were guilty of a hit and run, I explained to the father. They said, I hope you understand. You were young ones and probably did a lot of stupid stuff. The only thing I could do is learn from my mistakes. I promise you I'll never no longer run over cats. The guy told me he understood, adding that he was young, young ones too, and then he said, uh, I'll tell you what that cat costs my wife one hundred bucks. Give me a hundred and everything will be fine. So I handed them one hundred dollars. This person says, okay, is that.
Speaker 1: At of extremely?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: What's up with this?
Speaker 10: Dad?
Speaker 3: I don't know what I would not be so forgiving the plot from a story. What's happening here?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 5: That's that's a fake story? It must be Michelle's is not though.
Speaker 3: Michelle says to tips of the news junkie dot com Hijokies, my husband and I are on the trip of a lifetime right now. We're camping across the northern United States all the way to the West Coast. I've dubbed the trip Chemo to Coastlines Tour twenty twenty six and celebration of the last year we have. Last summer, Greg, my husband was diagnosed with Milo dysplastic syndrome aka blood cancer and had have a stem cell transplant. He is healthy and the last bone marrow test showed no cancer. First of all, hell, yeah, congrats. There's something about it. Man, Like I see the memes all the time. The memes will be like when I hear a total stranger on the internet we just tested cancer free and you're like, yes, yeah, Like I don't know you, I have no connection to you, but that is an awesome thing to hear. So that's a that's amazing. This was supposed to be a retirement trip. But when you're face with death, do you truly reevaluate what you can do with as little as possible. We just left Yellowstone and I thought you might like this story. Keep up the good work. Wiggle Wiggle pop pop Michelle and Greg. Well, Michelle and Greg, have fun out there, enjoy yourselves and I will get to that bison story in a little bit. Watch out for the bison. Another yeah, be careful out there. It's a wild ride. Another person, Celix emails the show, and this says, Hello Sean and Seelane. My fiance and I are longtime listeners. We've been listening since I was fourteen and I would sit and do my homework listening to your radio show. We want to invite you to our wedding as special guests, says Celix. We know this, we know this is a long shot, but you are our celebrity invite. Thank you, says Celix. So we're invited to their wedding after they listened to the show since they were a kid. Hate that you listen to her kid, and now you're getting married. My god, I don't hate that.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 5: That makes me feel old.
Speaker 3: I've been talking to this microphone for so long. You were a fourteen year old kid doing your homework and now you're probably having sex. I would imagine you've got somebody who's willing.
Speaker 1: To marry you.
Speaker 5: This is like there's like a lot of progress in your life.
Speaker 3: As I was talking into the microphone here and I'm still just talking into the microphone here, So.
Speaker 1: Seelane, will you be going? Will you take up the I mean there's important stuff. Did they say what the date was? No date? No date?
Speaker 3: I don't have a date. I need to save the date. I don't have a location on it. I don't know what city they're in. I don't know where the venue is. I only know that they're longtime listeners and we are invited to the wedding as special guests. We are their celebrity invites. So should we go chat? Should we show up? Selink can officiate, you know, you can get up there and do the officiating thing.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't know what my schedule looks like.
Speaker 1: They've got a busy, busy week if it's this week, But follow up and let us know what's going on.
Speaker 5: Thank you for the email.
Speaker 3: You could be next tips t I p s at the Newsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: Don't do it.
Speaker 5: It's a trap. They want you guys to host it.
Speaker 1: Host it. How are we gonna well? I mean, what do you mean like like uh like like announce it, like be the DJ or something. I'm not doing that.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I thought I'm a professional. A sneeze cannot take me down. I am simply too strong. I am too powerful, and a simple sneeze cannot do me in.
Speaker 5: So I win this round. That's not so close.
Speaker 1: Right there on the tip of my note. Oh, we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we will be chatting with our friend Amy Kawfelt from Fox thirty five.
Speaker 5: We'll see what's going on in her world. We'll see what's happening.
Speaker 1: In the news. I think she thought we might have been a little rude last week because I wrapped it up before she got into any news. So I don't want to hear anything about the news, just like you know what, Amy Kaufell goes, you want me to talk about the news.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh, the audio sounding a little rough, but I think we got it all sorted out. So we'll chat with our good friend and see what's happening in her world and yours. That's coming up next on the news Junkie.
Speaker 1: It's the time everybody's been waiting for. In fact, let's welcome our friend Amy Coffin from Fox thirty five.
Speaker 14: Hey, guys, Monday, How do I sound this week?
Speaker 7: Better?
Speaker 3: You sound better? Yea, yeah, it sounds way better than it did last week? Was Sealane really broke a lot of stuff last week. I don't know why I didn't bring nothing.
Speaker 21: You know, I have an engineer on stand by Jason Bolby. He's my go to guy and he got it all fixed up today, So thank you Jason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's did a great job. I mean it's it's better than it was. It's you know, it's it's Sea Lane's fault, I think in some way. But we'll push past. We'll push past this.
Speaker 1: How are you doing? How was your weekend?
Speaker 5: Amy Coffee?
Speaker 14: I had a great weekend.
Speaker 21: We celebrated my dad's ninetieth birthday is and you guys, he's he's the sweetest man.
Speaker 14: So he has he has dementia.
Speaker 21: So we had all the how we rented a little house in Vera Beach close to the water, and it was really cute and everybody came in to celebrate him.
Speaker 14: And he kept seeing the decorations and he go, who's birthday?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 14: It was like I'm ninety And I was like yeah, He's like, how do I live this long?
Speaker 18: Like?
Speaker 14: Dad, You're doing something right.
Speaker 21: Was so funny, but every time you would see the decorations, he would ask the same question.
Speaker 3: He looks, he looks so good. He's ninety years old. He looks fantastic. And look at these photographs Sea Land and I said, you know what, I don't know if this is I don't know how I feel about this. But they had a thing for Amy's dad and it said the year he was born and then what the world was like that he was born.
Speaker 1: During the break, I was just talking to Amy about that because I told her I zoomed in on the music from nineteen thirty six. Uh huh, And I was like, I don't recognize the names of any of these songs. I do know some of the people. I've listened to some of the people on this list, but I don't know like the songs necessarily. And then Amy was saying that her dad was like, well, I didn't listen to these songs. I was born in thirty six on this crowd. He's not my music, by way? Did you give he has dementia? He looks fantastic. But do you still get them gifts and stuff? Do you still like, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 14: Yeah I did.
Speaker 7: I got them.
Speaker 14: I got I mean I just got a little thing.
Speaker 21: I got them, like a frame picture of our family, you know, things like I got him a puzzle, which my mom says he's not gonna do.
Speaker 14: So I was like, oh, I guess I'll do that puzzle.
Speaker 21: And you know, just like little things like that, it's hard to buy gifts for someone who's ninety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, yeah right, they already have it, or they had ninety years to get the things that they wanted.
Speaker 1: They probably got it at some point in time.
Speaker 3: So at that point it becomes about like it, it comes about the sentimental things.
Speaker 5: And I'll tell you you can screw up there too.
Speaker 3: Because so Courtney had her father's birthday a handful of months ago, and we take her father out for his birthday, and Courtney went out and found the card for her dad's birthday that was like great, great message, really really emotional stuff.
Speaker 7: And then she card.
Speaker 3: Oh, it was more a tear jerker ceiling because she sat there and she wrote from her heart, like right from the bottom of her heart about how much she loved her dad and how she felt about her dad. And he opens this card for his birthday and it rocks his world like he's he was like, oh my god, it is so sweet. You know, I'm going to keep this up forever at the house. And then she did the same thing for her mother on her mother's birthday. Father's Day comes by and we had them over and we did like a cookout here at the house for her dad and we were hanging out with them. And then after her mother and father left, her dad goes, oh, I didn't get my card.
Speaker 5: I must have left my card at your house. And Courty's like, I didn't get him.
Speaker 1: A card, Like I blew it all on the one like the one emotional, and she's like, do they think I just have to keep doing this each time now, every Father's Day, birthday, like pouring my heart out, and she again, yeah, I think she felt like she she she put it all out there was did she Do you think that that text was as innocent as it sounded, or do you think he was like, I don't think they've got me a card. I'm gonna text and go, hey, you know I forgot my card. The best part was she she replies back to her dad. She goes, oh, yeah, we'll send it back with mom, and it's like there was no card. She was and then she then she goes her mom goes, I'm here to get the card for your father and for Father's Day that he left behind, and Courty's like, I didn't know what to say in the moment.
Speaker 3: I didn't really get him another card. I tell him to reread the one from his birthday. That's that's what you're gonna get. That's what you're getting out there. Amy, before we get into some of the headlines, can we talk about something here, because have have you I think you've been to Yellowstone right?
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, oh gosh, you guys, are you just talking to me about that bison?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How crazy is this?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 14: It's insane.
Speaker 21: And I felt bad for the guy because I really he really didn't do anything wrong.
Speaker 14: No, you know what I mean. He was really just walking by.
Speaker 1: He was in a camping area and the bison went into the camping area.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen this, I'll put it on see it now.
Speaker 3: Because it's the most unbelievable video of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: It wins already. But we brought it up earlier when we were freeze frame. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, the freeze frame is so good. Oh god, where we teased this early.
Speaker 21: He did break he did break some bones, but he's not like he's gonna survive. Yeah, I mean, I feel like it would be inappropriate if he was like an intensive Karen not going to survive. But he said he was actually joking with the EMTs when they got there.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, I don't know what he said. F around and find out, and I was like, he wasn't effing around, he was just taking a picture. He was way far away from the bison.
Speaker 3: No, most people are doing that, and I agree with them, usually Seeland, but you're right in this case, the guy didn't really do anything wrong. So the bison is sort of rolling around. It's a hot day and Yellowstone. Then there's this guy with a beard. He's got like a big gray beard, and he's walking with this younger person. He's a real good distance. That's his grandson there.
Speaker 14: Yes, that's his grandson.
Speaker 1: So him and his.
Speaker 3: Grandson in the NFL Jersey are They're like a pretty safe distance away, I would think, but out of nowhere. I don't know if the bison was responding to them taking a picture of it or what it was.
Speaker 14: So the guy who.
Speaker 21: Shot this video said there were a group of teenagers that were there earlier, Yeah, and that the bison kind of charged at them and they ran off. So the guy who took the video said the bison was already like in like having.
Speaker 1: A bad day, he's agitated, right, Yes.
Speaker 14: He was angry.
Speaker 21: He was angry maybe so they said he was already ticked off, and so that this poor grandpa and grandson just basically walked up at the wrong time.
Speaker 5: I mean it looks like Scooby Doo.
Speaker 3: Like the old man is like running into the woods, and then the bison runs into the woods, and then the old man runs out of the woods, and then he's trying to hide from the bison, try to stay out of the view of the bison. The bison is just determined to get this old guy, and so he chases him out and whiffs mysh. When I show showed Courtney, she was like, did he die? And I go no, and she's like, oh, thank god. It's so funny.
Speaker 5: I mean, the video of him, he.
Speaker 21: Wouldn't be funny if he was no longer with us, but because he's gonna be okay, I'm like, okay.
Speaker 1: Honest to God.
Speaker 3: The most amazing thing about it is if he did not have somebody filming this and he was telling his kids one day and be like that bison grabbed a hold of me, whip me straight up in.
Speaker 1: The air about twelve feet and flip me upside down and people would have gone, come on whatever, no shot grandpa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the greatest video of all time. I'll put it up on see it now.
Speaker 21: As I said, so, they said he's okay, Yeah, he's gonna be okay.
Speaker 14: He did the same. Some broken bones.
Speaker 21: He has a broken leg and some other broken broken parts, but yeah, he's gonna be okay. Well, and apparently was able to joke with the Empts when they were loading him up into the ambulance.
Speaker 1: Holy cow, did you even get close to these things when you were out there? Yes?
Speaker 21: In fact, we had a couple close encounters. One of them was right in front of Old Faithful Lodge. There's a beautiful lodge right by Old Faithful and there were a lot of bison walking around. And I remember we were walking back from some of the other geysers and there was a bison that was really close to us, and I was like, oh gosh, let's turn around.
Speaker 14: And go this way. But I just told Ceiling in the break.
Speaker 21: I had a really scary close encounter just last night in Seminole County. I was out walking Mazy and we came within I kid you not, maybe three or four feet of a black bear. Oh no, it growled at Mazy and we high tailed it out of there.
Speaker 14: It was so it was by far. I've never been scared of a black bear before. I was scared, like seeling.
Speaker 20: What was that thing?
Speaker 1: We learned from that lady walking her dog with a bear? What noise did she make? Again?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 7: She was just.
Speaker 5: This was the exact noise she was walking her.
Speaker 3: Dog, just like you were saying, Amy, I need to know the noise. And the big brown bear came up on her as she was walking her dog. And then I think she like hissed at it or something.
Speaker 20: That was it.
Speaker 1: She was hissing because like like a snake. Yes, yeah, yeah, she was like hissing. Come on his.
Speaker 5: It's Monday.
Speaker 1: What are you doing?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 14: It was scary. It was scary, yeah, really scary.
Speaker 18: It was.
Speaker 21: I was walking on a bridge and it was kind of a martiary. I posted it on my Instagram if you want to go look at it. It's the second video. So the first video I saw the bear and it was walking through a picnic pavilion and I was like, I thought it was like a dog or something at first, because I couldn't see it very well and then it came out of the picnic pavilion and I was like, oh, that's a bear. And I never I walked this park like almost daily, never seen a bear. And then I was like, okay, we're going to go a different way. Oh wow, and we're going over a bridge, which I I'm like, no, bear is going to be up on this bridge.
Speaker 1: It's a big bear.
Speaker 14: Bear was under the bridge, so I could hear it. So I'm like, okay, well we're safe.
Speaker 21: We're up here. So I could hear it under the bridge. It's like making all this noise. Then it comes down on the other side and it ups up on its hind legs and it growls at Mazy and oh my god, oh so Mazy.
Speaker 14: It is way too close, Sean.
Speaker 21: So then we backed up and I was like, that was why we're out of here, and so we just walked very calmly away.
Speaker 14: I was like, you're not supposed to run. Walk calmly away. We turned around. We walked calmly. I've gotten a car.
Speaker 1: You aren't joking. This is a big bear and it was very close. Wow, Harry, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm watching here. And then you encountered a gator too, what the hell's going on out Dad?
Speaker 14: It was just a baby gaiter.
Speaker 21: But I've never so I walked this park all the time, I've only seen deer and rabbits, and this particular day, i saw a freaking gaiter and a bear.
Speaker 14: I'm like, what are the odds?
Speaker 3: Wow, unbelievable. I'm glad the bear didn't get you. You got to be careful and next time you know, you got yeah, and it gets it scares them away.
Speaker 14: Back for a while. I think I'm good for a while.
Speaker 3: I think that's a smart idea. Yeah, the nature is a spreadmill. Nature's having a wild week, So keep your distance if you can. Well, what's happening out there? Headlines wise, it's got your attention.
Speaker 5: Amy.
Speaker 14: We have a lot of news.
Speaker 21: You guys obviously were following up on, you know, all the politics out of Washington day. Lindsey Graham passing away over the weekend is a big story. Mitch McConnell finally coming out and saying where he's been for the last couple of weeks. But locally in Orlando, we have a really sad story of a two year old that was shot and killed yesterday. This family was on vacation from Georgia in Florida and Kassimi specifically, and apparently a four year old and a two year old were inside of a vehicle. We don't know yet if there were adults inside the vehicle as well. The four year old found a gun, pulled the trigger and killed the two year old man.
Speaker 14: That's an awful story.
Speaker 3: Obviously the parents not you know, obviously not secure during this weapon in any way.
Speaker 21: It doesn't we don't know, Sean, no charges as of yet. The oscular sheriff coming out and just giving us a little bit more information. All we knew originally was a two year old from Georgia was shot and killed, so we didn't know the circumstances.
Speaker 14: Now we know that it was a gun that was found by the four year old.
Speaker 21: You guys, I mean think about we have no memories of, right, what our childhood was like before we were probably five or six.
Speaker 14: I I don't really remember anything, you know.
Speaker 21: I kind of remember who my preschool teacher was, maybe a few little memories here and there. Yeah, imagine that this is the this is how your life begins, right this poor child, Like I feel terrible for both both of these children because they were obviously put in this circumstance that they're yeah, for some reason, readily available to that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's really that's tough.
Speaker 3: That's the I'm sure they'll do a thorough investigation, but they got to get down to the bottom of what happened there.
Speaker 21: But we're also you guys talking about this terrible like virus that is that is an impacting people, this stomach bug. Yeah, we saw the latest news that Talk is now pulling some of the produce off of its products because they are concerned. Because you know, I'm sure they're probably not the only restaurant that is concerned about like, could we be inadvertently giving people this virus because we don't know the root cause of where this virus is coming from. And apparently they're saying now maybe it lives in the water. Maybe it's like a water issue.
Speaker 14: We don't know.
Speaker 21: Is it hanging on to lettuce, is it hanging on to raspberries or or you know, we've seen it like with those chives or whatever. We do have cases in Florida. It is spreading across the country. There obviously is a root cost somewhere, but I wish they would hurry up and figure out where it's coming from.
Speaker 5: I got this chef who posted about this.
Speaker 3: He is a city councilman in chef and his name is Andrew Gruhl, which ok, a chef Gruel and.
Speaker 5: This terrible, terrible chef name, awful, no good chef name.
Speaker 1: He said.
Speaker 3: We still don't know what product is causing this outbreak that's causing the stomach issues. However, given the fact that we've seen so many cases in Michigan, it leads me to believe it's a large food service product because Michigan is a central distribution hub. We've also seen it across various states, so it's not isolated to local produce. I'm guessing bagged lettuce. If you want to play it safe, cook all your produce at this point and don't eat bagg lettuce mix.
Speaker 5: And obviously that's where the fear is.
Speaker 3: Taco Bell removed the lettuce, and I think, like cilantro and a few.
Speaker 1: Other things, just to be safe.
Speaker 3: But it's supposed to be bad if you get this thing, this like stomach bug that's going around.
Speaker 21: Here's the other thing, Sean, and I mean I am guilty of this. I buy the bag lettuce all the time because it's easy. It's like it has everything in the bag. You know, they throw in the whatever, the salad, dressing and the toppings or whatever, and it always says it's pre washed.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 21: But we had a guy on last week, an epidemiologist, to talk about this and he was like, you cannot trust the whole pre washed thing. Yeah, And he's like, even if it is pre washed, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's getting rid of whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll tell you how pre washed some of that stuff is.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I told this story afterwards, but Courtney it was in Nightmarzon for a little while because she bought one of those bags not too long ago, and then when she was putting her salad together, there was a whole freaking dragonfly in the thing. There was a hole, a hole a dragonfly salad. It was a whole dragonfly, see, like the full one in there. And she just goes, she goes, well, that's where you wash it.
Speaker 1: That's what you do.
Speaker 5: And then she ate it anyways, and I thought, oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's normal. I guess people do this.
Speaker 5: You find this kind of stuff in there.
Speaker 3: So along with it you can get these things that are causing some people to be sick, and keep keep your uh yeah, keep keep your eyes open for that.
Speaker 5: It's a tough situation. Find yourself.
Speaker 21: Good advice Sean about just like right now, just don't buy the bag lettuce, and like, if you go buy like a head of iceberg or romaine or whatever, maybe pull off the outer leaves and just eat with something, you know, the inner part of it, or maybe saf no.
Speaker 5: Salad at all.
Speaker 1: Just yeah, completely rejected, go full hot dogs for the entire month of July.
Speaker 3: You'll you'll be fine. What else is grabbing your attention out there? Amy Kat, You guys we are.
Speaker 21: We're also following up on a couple of the nineteen eighty seven killing arrested connection. There's a cold case that is kind of scary. If you can pull this wep our up on our website too. This guy contacted authorities about a nineteen eighty seven cold case saying that he has more information so that apparently they are able to make it arrested. This case, they arrested a seventy year old guy. But I'm just looking at the mugshot right now, and his name is Gary glow at seventy years old. But if you pull up the mugshot from our website, you see him and he does not look seventy.
Speaker 3: So what maybe this was was it did he wrat himself out like he was just eating at him that he didn't get caught.
Speaker 21: It says, yeah, he said he had information about a killing. Instead he ended up being arrested for it. So yeah, that could be sean. Maybe he was like feeling guilty about something and was like ready to come clean and then they ended up discovering that maybe he was the guy who was wanted. It was a connection with a killing of a twenty year old Melissa Ellison that happened again back in nineteen eighty seven.
Speaker 14: Wow, you gotta pull up the munkshop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're showing everybody the mugshot. Yeah, you got it up now of this guys. So the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said that this guy was arrested with the killing of a twenty year old woman to have it back in nineteen eighty seven. So when you think about things like that, nineteen eighty seven, like that's the point where you think you're definitely going to get away with this forever. You're not going to face any punishment for this at all. But then sometimes it just digs at these people. They need to say something. Is he wearing a shirt that says this should be illegal?
Speaker 1: It does? Yeah, Yeah, he's wearing a shirt that says this should be illegal.
Speaker 3: Strange thing to wear when you end up getting arrested. But that's what happened to this guy. Unbelievable stories.
Speaker 21: He doesn't say what the information was. It just said that he wanted to provide some information about her death. But I mean, honestly, if you're a smart detective, you're like, let me look a little further into how this guy would know whatever this information was.
Speaker 1: And yeah, she was found.
Speaker 14: What happened?
Speaker 3: She was found dead in a Jacksonville, Florida home in December and nineteen eighty seven. The cold case is now leading to arrest nearly four decades later. Go check it out, so among a lot of other stories you need to know about over on Fox thirty five Orlando dot Com, Amy, you are the best appreciation you real.
Speaker 1: Quick, Sean, Do you do you have the clip that I sent you last night? Which one?
Speaker 5: Oh, we have to talk to her?
Speaker 1: Hold on, did you know.
Speaker 14: Is it the Jimmy Kimmel one.
Speaker 21: Yeah, yeah, I read about it, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 14: Some of you were told me about it, but I haven't seen it.
Speaker 1: We got it for you.
Speaker 5: Hold on.
Speaker 3: This is Amy Kaufel and the crew of A Good Day Orlando were featured on Jimmy Kimmel and.
Speaker 1: Is this what's the segments? You know something about unnecessary censorship, so they take normal everyday things people do in this place. In this case, it's a clip of Amy and John and T. J. Springer talking about floppy disks and then they unnecessarily censor things.
Speaker 5: Okay, gonna make them funny. Let me bring this back here it is here is.
Speaker 1: W's the old we remember flop? It was neverly floppy. What we call it poppy? This is.
Speaker 7: A really old.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 7: There you go.
Speaker 1: I was on Jimmy kimmod You.
Speaker 21: Guys found it because I heard about it, but I didn't know, and the lady who told me about it didn't really remember what exactly we were talking about.
Speaker 14: So that is hilarious.
Speaker 1: How do your kids react to stuff like this or like, oh mom, you're talking about my mom's talking about floppy discs on Jimmy Kimmel, what's going on here?
Speaker 18: You do you.
Speaker 14: Guys? Send me that clip though, that's the first I've seen it.
Speaker 5: I'll text it to you.
Speaker 14: Send me a clip of the clip.
Speaker 1: Do you ever run like into clips of yourself when you're not expecting to? Like I remember watching one of the Casey Anthony documentaries and it was like, obviously since it was a local story, they were pulling old news clips and I was like, Oh, that's a that's a very old Amy Coffelt clip that just randomly popped up. Have you ever had that happen and you're not expecting it and you're like, oh.
Speaker 21: There's free times when we went to watch when we went to watch The Queen of Versailles at the Enzeon years ago, and there was a clip of us that they used in that movie too, Like that.
Speaker 14: She's not surprised, this is weird.
Speaker 5: She's incredibly famous. She's not surprised by these things.
Speaker 3: Actually, when Amy goes to watch a movie and she's not in it with a cameo, she yeah, she's that's what She's surprised. Postros what is it? I hear the Odyssey? The Odyssey has a scene with Amy Coffel. At some point, it might be only one way to find out. Amy, You're the best. We love you, we appreciate you, guys, and have a go, but we'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: There's she is cough outs go over.
Speaker 3: You could have been up on this bear story way beforehand. You could be following her. A search for Amy Kaufelt Fox thirty five on Instagram and you'll find her. Follow her account, follower everywhere. Watch every morning and go see all the news you need to know to get your day started. Fox thirty five, or Lando dot Com. Buy Amy love you, guys, go She's the best. She's the best.
Speaker 5: We're gonna take a quick break when we come back.
Speaker 3: We've got a lot to dive into, including a big warning for folks down south, something that could be happening to us.
Speaker 5: I got to pick a side for us to get to.
Speaker 3: Got a little more information about the bison story that we need to know, the UFC drama. It's just a lot, but we're gonna dive through it one thing at a time. That's coming up next in the news junk Key, there's this community that's in an absolute uproar. What's going on New York. What's happening with this? What's going on here? Because a proposed new McDonald's in this New York neighborhood has prompt a backlash.
Speaker 1: Bigger than you would see if a data.
Speaker 3: Center went into your neighborhood, all right, like most neighborhoods, if they're going to build like an oil pipeline or a wind farm or a data center.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would be so awkward for me if my neighborhood was like really raging against some McDonald's, because I would have to be the one that's like, guys, if we thought about the positive sides of this, really we considered the good that comes with this McDonald's. But a proposed new McDonald's an a quiet New York community has sparked an extraordinary backlash, with furious residents warning the Golden Arches could do more than clog up traffic.
Speaker 5: It could hurt their home value.
Speaker 1: Y'all.
Speaker 3: I don't know what what you're thinking here, but you're not going to get your home values hurt by McDonald's. Okay, McDonald's is in literally every neighborhood I've ever seen in my life. A McDonald's is not going to draw down your values in your neighborhood. If anything will draw down your value in your neighborhood, it would be not that there's a McDonald's, but there there's like some ghetto ass McDonald's. Like there's the one that's dangerous, there's the one where you don't want to go near it, where they don't even seem like they want to be working there. Like the bad McDonald's could do something, But that could be a bad anything. That could be a bad fud Ruckers, you know what I mean. It could be any kind of place that you're dealing with. But I don't thinkers. You gotta be out there somewhere. I don't even know what a fud Ruckers is. Oh they get A Man Kicked in Kicking for the five Gifted Secret Show subscriptions.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Appreciate the support. You can grab those clam them courtesy a Man Kicking getting the whole uh the hype trained fired off here on the show today. Thank you Man Kicking for these subscriptions over the news Junkie Dot Cast.
Speaker 1: Thank you, even though Sean roasted you earlier.
Speaker 3: Oh that's true, that was man Kicking with the DTS dis badge. Yeah, the fast food giant wants to replace a long vacant city bank building, and neighbors are not having it. The proposal has divided the community, with dozens of residents packing a zoning hearing one hundreds more weighing in online as debate rages over the weather the development would improve the area or permanently change the character of the neighborhood. What's so bad about a McDonald's, You weirdos? Now, I've had stuff in my neighborhood that I've gotten involved in. They try to put up a hobo hovel around the corner with about eight billion homeless people where they wouldn't check ID or anything. Because some of my neighbors have really stupid ideas, because some of the elected officials around here have really stupid ideas, and they have a utopian idea of how homelessness works. So you got to protect yourself from the dummies sometimes, and you got to rally around his neighborhood.
Speaker 1: You got to stop that. My neighborhood did. What a McDonald's that?
Speaker 5: Hell's the McDonald's gonna do.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about hobo zombies on fentanyl, wreaking havoc on the kids at the high school.
Speaker 1: And what are you worried about with a McDonald to me? Throw a mcflurry at somebody else. I'm going to see a band Friday called Hobo Zombies on Fennel.
Speaker 5: Are you good?
Speaker 3: Finally, I thought it's about time they got their due. So let us know what you think if that was in your neighborhood. Would you reject it in some way?
Speaker 1: It's weird because they it's already a building, Like, it's already an abandoned building. You just have an empty building sitting there doing nothing. Yeah, and you'd rather that then they turn into a McDonald's, Like you think that's going to tank your property value. I think not.
Speaker 3: One of the worst things is when you just have like abandoned structures around your neighborhood, and that what that draws in people going in there trying to rob the place, steal the copper pipes, and this is a lot of stuff that can.
Speaker 1: Go ro full of straight cats like some bank.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know McDonald's though. I don't think McDonald's brings down the neighborhood. Is there a type of of either restaurant or pawn shop? You think because I was gonna say, is there something that if they open one in your neighborhood, you're like, son of them. Oh no, they're doing it here.
Speaker 1: You think a pawn shop lowers your your values a little bit? I think a pawn shop, you know, it's kind of uh, you don't find them. You don't find pawn shops in the nicest neighborhoods. You know, what about a smoke shop?
Speaker 18: Al mighty?
Speaker 1: Do they try to pop those up around every corner too. I feel like those don't even last long enough to uh do your property value.
Speaker 5: Some of them just wait it out. Yeah, like I I don't you talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sometimes you'll have that and they'll sell some stuff that brings in a little bit of a nefarious crowd every once in a while, but generally speaking, shows kind of place check cashing plays. Hey, look, buddy, I have to pay my power bill at Walmart, so i've I can't these are my people.
Speaker 1: Well, now I'm I'm with the check cashing people these days on account of an accounting issue, so I can't come against them, or maybe I should say that a different web.
Speaker 5: I think that McDonald's not going to harm your values.
Speaker 1: But you let me know what you think, send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 3: Here we go, here's funny book boy talking about Lindsey Graham.
Speaker 1: Here he is. Don't you know it makes a lot of sense?
Speaker 11: Shean why you, a straight white man, wouldn't understand why people celebrate the deaths of these politicians who threaten their.
Speaker 1: Rights, their human rights and their civil rights.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, you call bin Laden a monster for.
Speaker 11: All the stuff that he did, But like all the stuff that these politicians do that disrupt and literally destroy a lot of wild lives just because of who they love or anything like that, they're pretty evil.
Speaker 5: It's not just opinions at that point.
Speaker 1: It is definitely an opinion. You are definitely the radical retard here. You are definitely dumb.
Speaker 3: Everything you're saying sounds crazy and stupid to normal people. But you have fallen into the pit. So I hope that you'll come out of the pit at some point in time. You have not reached some level of intellect where you're like, actually, I see it all.
Speaker 1: Lindsey Graham is like Osama bin Laden. They're one and the same. Yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. Yes, we've solved this. That is really dumb. Okay, that's a funny book boy.
Speaker 3: Better you got to do a little bit better than that, because that is maybe one of the dumbest dispatches I've seen in twenty twenty six, and there's been a couple of them.
Speaker 5: But thank you for that.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Give us your thoughts, maybe you agree, maybe you disagree. Over at thenewsjunki dot com. No, there's no equivalence. There's none.
Speaker 3: There's no equivalence between any politician in the United States of America and an outright terrorist outfit like ISIS Ice, Orsama bin Laden al Kaida. These things are just not comparable. There are some things that are genuinely evil, and there are some things that you disagree with.
Speaker 1: There are some things that are genuinely bad evil terrorism, and then there are some things that you are like, I don't like this, and you know you manufactured it into a crisis.
Speaker 3: At the same level, you've lost it. I hate to say it, Bud, you've lost it. But come back to the light, my friend, show by show, brick by brick. Maybe we could build something here. Tips at the Neewsjunkie dot Com. A lot of people emailing somebody says, we don't need term limits. That's interesting, Hi, Sean. I hate laws that are only to protect us from ourselves, says David. Congress are elected every two years. It's a simple fix. Just stop voting for them. It's sad that the populace is too lazy on our brain, Dad, that we need to make additional laws because of that. The system is fine. If you want younger candidates, just vote for them. There's that too much trouble, David. I think the problem is, you know, the actual pool of people who want to be politician isn't the greatest, and I don't know how you motivate people. Like My idea would be this, just trying to get a little creative here, My idea would be that you, instead of having term limits or something like that, you increase the amount of competition for these positions by making them incredibly highly paid for a short period of time. So Senate in Congress seats, like other things out there, should be like incredibly highly paid jobs for a very like one term or two term period of time, and then the competition for that the amount of people who want to run for office spikes in a big way. A lot of people throw their hat into the ring. You have more choice, You have more options, more than this just teams gamesmanship stuff. But you got to get more people in there to try to be in these offices. The problem is you just don't have a real great pool of people to choose from to begin with. So people just choose the old person that they know over and over and over again. Anyhow, thanks for them, David appreciate that. Over at thenews chunky dot.
Speaker 1: Com chiming in with their answers to your question about what would mess up your property values. I mean, I can't think of anything. What it says, sex stores, liquor store. I mean, I got a couple of liquor stores around me. It's not really it's not the worst thing. I got a couple two dollar general I have that too. Like a total wine is not going to bring down the neighborhood. I mean I would bring I would like it a little bit good. One closer. Here's the problem. Somebody goes liquor stores, but you're not thinking about liquor stores. You're thinking about a bad liquor store, right. You're not thinking of a total wine. You're thinking of a family liquor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like you're not thinking about a McDonald's weird phrasing, I should not liquor not a bit much. Okay, quick break. When we come back, the Hot sheet is coming up, and we got this a very dangerous headline that I saw that we should all at least consider. We'll get to that as well, right before the Hot sheet coming up next in the news Junkie a shocking headline. I don't know if I should be worried about this or not, but I'll read it very quickly. Before the Hot sheet, there was a story. Somebody sent this over and they were so upset about this. They said, I've been sending this everywhere and nobody's paying attention. I said, should I be worried about about this? What the hell's going on here? And I brought the story from NBC six in South Florida. You guys can tell me if you think this is just fear mongering or what.
Speaker 5: But it says.
Speaker 3: Iranian drones in Cuba could threaten South Florida, officials warn Florida. Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, chairman of the advocacy group United Against Nuclear Iran, joined Carlos Jimenez from Florida highlight concerns about three under Iranian drones that have been delivered to Cuba. And so they said, there's these uh Iranian drones in Cuba.
Speaker 1: Cuban just really wants to get wiped off the map, don't they.
Speaker 3: I guess, so they don't have any power over there, folks. I mean, I'm not super worried about that myself. Maybe I should be, but it says an Iranian made drone displayed at the Biltmore Hotels served as a stark warning from national security advocates and South Florida officials who say Cuba's growing military ties with Iran could pose a threat to the United States. I mean, Cuba has enough problems right now though, right or would that be the time when they got desperate when they have those problems.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's the wrong kind of desperation.
Speaker 1: The Keys is ninety miles away from Florida, so this, you know, close enough certainly for something like that. Yeah, but these drones, like they're saying, could threaten South Florida. These drones, if you know, if they really wanted to do something with them, they can go pretty far.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then they just could come a cause of them.
Speaker 1: Into whatever they want, right They might They may just say they want to threaten in South Florida to try and get something done and not get shot down, you know, mid air. But they said those drones can like reach New York. I think that's crazy. Yeah, there's three hundred of them according to this. I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 3: But the headline says Raanian drones in Cuba could threaten South Florida officials warm.
Speaker 5: We'll chew that over and see what you're thinking.
Speaker 1: Right now, let's do the hot sheet.
Speaker 5: Sheets in news, but not like important news.
Speaker 1: That's again a reporting on the planet bo top stories from the people on your screens and speakers are on a hot sheet, which sea lab. That's right. It is time to go through the top five stories and the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy down. And it looks like jay Z may have had his Lauren Hill moment. Oh oh, what would a Lauren Hill moment be?
Speaker 3: Do you think sean to me, Lauren Hill moment means somebody was very very late for something. After fans waited more than three hours for the last of jay Z's three nights staying at Yankee Stadium on Sunday. The rapper addressed the extensive delay early in the show. Oh and it's a three hour delay. This seems like not three hours. His excuse.
Speaker 1: They told the crowd there were thousands of people outside and the show was pushed back to avoid crowd safety issues. Jay said, let me explain the delay to you guys. After finally kicking off the show after twelve am this morning.
Speaker 11: Damn, it was like.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand people outside and we closed all the doors and somebody rushed the door. They closed the door for you guys' safety. At everyone's safety outside, there's ten thousand people outside. I don't want to start the music and people get trampled. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience, but I had to make sure everyone was okay. I appreciate your patience. The show was initially scheduled to begin at eight pm, and instead wrapped around two forty five am, with celebratory fireworks going off over Yankee Stadium. Jesus, did you see the video of what actually happened?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 3: Uh uh, here's the guy. This is like the one employee who works at this entrance. There's one guy here who works at the entrance and people just started to bum rush in to the entrance and make their way into the venue, and He's like trying to stand in front of them and stop, like no, please, no, please, please stop, and everybody just started rushing it. So I guess that's what caused the security lapse. They had to get everybody that was in there out and then run them all through security.
Speaker 1: Another time, that's ridiculous. What how do you get away with doing a show three hours late and still blowing off fireworks at a quarter to three in the morning, and you're jay Z, you can get away with stuff like that, I guess. I mean, is a Yankee stadium like in a neighborhood, Bro, jay Z's got to be good.
Speaker 3: That's a testament to how good you are if you can play until almost three o'clock in the morning for somebody and they're still.
Speaker 1: There because probably took a little nappy. This story is one of my favorites, just because I think, first of all, it makes Jack White look like a really swell stand up guy. But I've never heard of this band called Twin Temple. They are a self proclaim named Satanic doo wop duo stopped They were recently scheduled to open two shows on an outlaw country artist upcoming tour this guy named Charlie Crockett, and they were removed from the shows. They said, we were informed that Charlie Crockett has decided to remove Twin Temple from his upcoming shows due to our satanic imagery. Unfortunately, that means we will not be able to perform me for you next week as planned. We're great for you for your support not only of Twin Temple, but more importantly of artistic freedom. Hail Satan and then I don't know what ninety three ninety three means, but it's probably something satanic. Sounds like it probably something satan when you put it right after Hail Satan, you know, yeah, ah right yeah. The response Jack White has offered to have Twin Temple open his show at the Hollywood Palladium, writing let me know, get in front of me Satan, and the reply Twin Temple wrote, Sir Jack, you have no idea what this means to us lifelong fans. Dead Leaves on Dirty Ground was one of the first songs I learned on guitar. We were coming to uh, we were actually planning on coming to this show, and it would be a most infernal pleasure to play the Devil's music with you. Okay, so if you're going to see Jack White at the Hollywood Palladium, you will be treated to the Satanic Duop Duo twin Temple. Opening for them, ask for Charlie Crockett, the country singer. He made a statement to Rolling Stone saying I thought they were like Black Sabbath, but they ain't. Not today Satan. Obviously a lot of tributes pouring into the Jurassic Park star Sam Neil. Steven Spielberg said he was exceptionally collaborative. It was a stretch for him to play a character who acted as though children were messy and smelly, because it was the opposite of the loving father Sam Neil was to his children. Spielberg said he adored working with Sam on the Jurassic Park franchise and he won't be forgotten. Laura Dern, of course, is you know partner in the series, also broke the silence on his death, saying he was my beloved, lifetime friend. He showed me the depths of loyalty, protectiveness and love always with the driest of wit. Sam Neil dead at seventy eight. He's a long First of all, he's a sir. And then he has a long ass name like Sam Neil is like his Uh, it's not Sam Neil. I just thought it was his name. It's like Sir Nigel, drawn John Frederick something Neil. He's got one of them.
Speaker 3: Not only is he did you watch him in anything else other than Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: I've seen him and stuff. He was in the It's the show that began chat what was Like? What else was Sam Neil in? Because he's famous actor, big time. He was in a show that everybody loved that I think I got like Peaky Blinders. I think he was in Peaky Blinders. Yeah, I never saw that, but I've heard about it. I tried one episode and I it was fine. I just like I didn't give it the all that it deserved. And then also there are tributes pouring out from this guy who was in the final season of Marvel as Missus Masel. This actor, Josh Grissetti, died by suicide Friday. His theater co star Rob McClure revealed an emotional instagram on Sunday. In Grissetti's last Instagram post two days before his death, he noted he would have to leave the production of Legally Blonde the musical for personal reasons before the show's opening, and just you know, a sad loss. He was in the marvelous Missus masl and did a whole bunch of work on Broadway, so rest in peace to him. New music Monday incoming, Jack White, good guy, hires the Satanists for his opening band, and he's got a new album Frozen Charlotte. Rolling Stones have their twenty fifth studio album release Why, and it is actually doing well on the charts. Real he got a seventy five out of one hundred and sixty six user score on my information here, But like when I googled it just now it said foreign Tongues. The twenty fifth studio album by the Rolling Stones is a racing towards number one. So congratulations to Mick and Keith and the boys on I guess a job well done. Hey, if you have a mortgage rate that has a seven or eight in front of it, you are paying two much money in your mortgage payments and you should check into a refi immediately, and you should do that with that mortgage guy Don because he is a local small business owner that wants to help you save money. That's what he does all the time. Imagine being a guy that just saves people money all the time. Yeah, what a great guy. Don wants to help you out. So go to that mortgage guy don dot com. Tell me to quote. If you already have a quote on a new mortgage and you haven't shopped it around, Donald, do that for you too, because you're probably leaving money on the table. So find him online at that mortgage guy don dot com.
Speaker 3: By the way, a lot of people being summed up in chat and texting service, all of that by this one anonymous dispatch about Sam Neil What.
Speaker 1: Was Sam Yowen Event freaking Horizon? Dudes, also the tutors.
Speaker 16: He was pretty good in the tutors.
Speaker 1: But Chad is like Event Horizon. Event Horizon has slept on Event Horizon.
Speaker 16: I did.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen this. I'll have to watch it. Well to watch Event Horizon. Maybe they've been kids some point. Yeah, all right, quick break. When we come back, we got to pick a side for you. We'll see what you think about that. We'll get into the Nolan Wells case and the Mitch McConnell updates all of that coming up next on The News Junkie.
Speaker 7: Sea.
Speaker 3: Leon's buttons can control virtually everything, like he could. You could turn off the lights in the studio I'm in. He can here you go. Yes, they have bitch black right now. He's We're in different studios. He has full control over every inch of this big studio that I'm in right now. But now I'm trying something new because I'm constantly trying to like reinvent stuff and and improve the product now for me. You know, we have the radio show that's at the center of all of this, the News Junkie Radio Show, but we've also turned this into a live stream which I keep going during the breaks with Schull mic, so when the commercials are going on, we keep the content going.
Speaker 1: And I had this room.
Speaker 3: Mic, so I would like turn on this room Mike. You could hear when Courtney comes in, and hear all the different stuff that's happening around the studio, and you can, you know, watch as the camera follows me around during the breaks. But there's a lot of people saying, well, I hate I have to turn the volume up for school mic, and then we get back to the regular content.
Speaker 5: It's not loud.
Speaker 3: So now I have a wireless mic on me as well, which perfectly mics me when we're doing the extra content between the breaks. But Ceilin now has on a button the ability to just listen into my wireless mic.
Speaker 1: No more. I could be anywhere in the house, so I could be like, I could be like wandering around somewhere in the house. Well, because I can't hear it live. Oh you're you, but you would be able to. You'll be able to.
Speaker 14: I know you.
Speaker 5: You know how to find a way.
Speaker 1: I could turn it on. And I mean, if I wanted to hear what was going on in the room, there's other ways. I don't need your assistance. I could find it another microphone. But no, if I were to turn it on haphazardly, it would be the people on the stream that would hear whatever is going on. Yeah, if you were in the bathroom or something. Well, that's what I thought about, Tinkle. I don't even recognize that I have this thing on. You can barely see it. And then if I go to break, I'll be like, oh, okay, I have to use the restroom, and I could definitely see myself for getting the microphone on, and the next thing you know, I'm embarrassing myself in front of the stream. I don't want to do that. I don't want to do that, but it seems inevitable show you into like a Robert Durst kind of situation. Yeah, of course I didn't believe you.
Speaker 5: Robert Durst. My god, if you don't know that reference.
Speaker 8: That was it.
Speaker 3: That docuseries was wildin the jinks when they kept his microphone on after the interview and he's in the bathroom, He's like, of course, of course, I think you because he did it, because you murdered, killed them all, kill.
Speaker 1: You kill him all of course, of course.
Speaker 3: And he didn't realize they were rolling tape on the microphone as he was sitting there during the break. So tough times, tough times for him. At least we're gonna get into more of your dispatches. The TTS dispatches keep coming in, Zeilan. I'm gonna let everybody weigh in on these after about a week of it and see if you guys think it's good content or not. So far people are using the TTS dispatches. There's a couple of voices that are available. Radio DJ is my favorite, but people are mostly just using it for lines out of movies like Independence Day.
Speaker 17: I think that's the fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, we will not go quietly into the night. Yea, we will not vanish without a fight. We're going to live on. We are going going to survive. Today we celebrate our Independence Day.
Speaker 1: True. Yeah, this is what they're using that force so far that is doing that speech such an injustice. That speech makes me gives me the chills when you like really think about what they're going through, what they're doing, what they're about to fight for tough time, and the president gets up and does that, Yeah, I really I'm thinking about already removing one of these or not says what's TTS. It's text to speech. So now there's no excuses.
Speaker 3: I want everybody, absolutely, everybody submitting dispatches. Because you can do an anonymous dispatch, which morphs your voice. You can do a TTS dispatch, which is text to speech.
Speaker 5: You just type in the.
Speaker 3: Script and you can even put like laugh, angry, You can put emotions in there if you like it's a dragon drop thing that Which one are you going to get rid of? I'm going to get rid of the flirty girl one because I think people are going to be weird about it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, like, I've only heard one.
Speaker 13: What's going down, Junkies, Sean, You've got such a sweet, beefy backside, and I love what you spend.
Speaker 4: Your money on.
Speaker 1: I love what you spend your money.
Speaker 4: Okay, you need to smack that sucker and Sean, all.
Speaker 10: Right, there you go.
Speaker 1: The flirty girl voice is one that I think might not make it too long. Do you have Do you have any plans for seasonal voices? Like maybe during the holidays we can get like a Santa Claus. Oh yeah, yeah, that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: Actually, yeah, yeah, I was thinking about doing because the possibilities are almost endless. I could do a ceiling voice too, so I could have Ceelane be one of the options, but that would be complicated and weird because if we're playing those back.
Speaker 1: Then it would just sound like it was us.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's not gonna work. You don't like that for other reasons probably, But I think that you have the same concerns.
Speaker 3: Probably yeah, I mean they already got me saying enough stuff. All right, we have a pick a side for you today, everybody, So it's time to pick a side ceiling.
Speaker 1: Do we have a new song for this? I sent it to you? Oh you send it to me?
Speaker 5: Oh my god? I didn't even give want me to play it?
Speaker 6: Here?
Speaker 14: I think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, can you play this time? Hold on, I have to open it, sorry and double clickty here we go your thoughts and take swampy den en me tell you to pick a side.
Speaker 5: I don't know how I feel about that.
Speaker 1: I don't either.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: A lot of melodies going on. All right, let's get to it. Here a pick aside for today.
Speaker 1: In this pick aside, a man became upset.
Speaker 3: After a gas station employee told him the bathroom was for customers only, paying customers only.
Speaker 5: That's what she said. Pick a side. Who's in the right, who's in the wrong?
Speaker 1: Here? Is it a customer is always right situation? Does the business owner have the right to do whatever they want? Here is the interaction that led to this pick aside. Let's go if I can not do what now? I can't do what now? I changed the restroom.
Speaker 6: You said, have a pay customers right, So I got I gotta buy something to use the restroom.
Speaker 1: You just said that, Yeah, you have to buy something, so use a right. I'm I'm really kind of surprised that he's surprised by this. Have you not encountered this in your adult life? How many places have you gone to that have a sign on the door that says restrooms are for customers only? Yeah?
Speaker 14: I do.
Speaker 3: Maybe the audience doesn't agree, Like, do you guys think that businesses should be able to tell you you can only use their restroom if you're a paying customer, because I definitely think that's okay. Like they clean the restroom, they have employees that have to go in there, and some of you people who don't want to spend any money there will go in there and just destroy the bathroom, which is disgusting. And you think like you just have the right to use everybody's bathroom. That's I don't think this is that big of a deal. Let me roll back a little bit, because the lady knows. I think this guy's filming.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to buy something to use the restroom.
Speaker 6: The restroom, see judge me see judge me. See, judge me, I can't here to do the restroom. I want a way to work. I want to way to work. I thought, use the restroom. I came in the restroom. She said I cannot use the restroom, and I said, buy something.
Speaker 20: Yeah, let me see that. Let me see that on paperwork, let me see that in the law, in the law. Now you want to chaste me because you're being recorded. Look at her.
Speaker 1: She's following them out here by.
Speaker 6: Stop stop tasing me, Stop tasing me, Stop chasing me.
Speaker 1: She said, I called the law. So he goes in and he records her. He's yelling at her. This guy's pissed off because this little convenience store wants only paying customers to use the bathroom.
Speaker 5: In this pick aside, this couldn't be any easier for me.
Speaker 3: She's one hundred percent within her rights to only want customers to use her bathroom.
Speaker 1: Like what, I don't I don't have any problem with what she did at all. Did she have to call the cops? Did we need to escalate at that fall? Did she call the cops?
Speaker 3: She said she did, but I don't think she even had enough time to see lane. But what what side would you pick in this one, I would pick the lady the lady's side, Like it's a rule. It might not even be her rule, but it's just a rule for a lot of places that don't have to deal or maybe places that have had problems in the past with people that aren't customers using the restrooms and like you said, maybe.
Speaker 1: Destroying the place, you know, animals, And they said no. Plenty of restaurants do this. How many times, like Downtown, after the bars close, you go to like a restaurant, like a pizza place, taco something, there's a sign up because you know, all the places are letting out, so all these people are crowding up in here and they want the They want the restroom for the customers, Like the customers should be able to use and have a nice restroom to use too.
Speaker 3: Whoever is cleaning the restroom has the ability to set the rules about the restroom.
Speaker 1: That's it, full stop. If you are cleaning the restroom, if you're the owner of the place, like you, the idea that you're walking around this planet of ours and you think that every bathroom you encounter should be accessible to you is nuts. Like this is sort of this this type of thing, thinking that I don't understand personally. That's their area, that's their bathroom. They have their bathroom rules. You go back to your house and use the bathroom there. Imagine I go to that guy's house. Hey, yeah, I need to use the restroom. Well you have to be a resident here to use the restroom. Well, I just want to use it. Somebody said he was rude to her. He was pretty rude, right Like it sounds judge me. She's judging me, judging me, see judging me. I came here to do use the restroom. I want a way to work. I want a way to work. I started to use the restroom. I came in the restroom.
Speaker 6: She said, I cannot use the restroom unless I buy something.
Speaker 20: Yeah, let me see that. Let me see that on paperwork. Let me see that end the law. So he said, let me see that on paperwork. Let me see that on the law. They don't have to show you any of that. As far as I know, we choose her, You choose her a side. I mean, I don't think there's any way to look at this other than she has every right to refuse people to be able to use the restroom.
Speaker 5: In her establishment. So give us your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Who do you pick on this pick a side, the business owner or the guy that really had to go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Choose your side.
Speaker 3: Now, Okay, we're gonna get to more of your dispatches. I don't know how I feel about that. Maybe I should be more careful with the with the dispatches moving forward today, but I'll try. I have another pick aside that sea line censored a little bit earlier, so we'll work those in.
Speaker 1: Weird the one that you censored. Yeah, I didn't watch much of the video. I mostly just censored it. And then I was like, I don't totally know what's going on, and I saw a little bit of it.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is odd.
Speaker 1: There's some stuff happening in that one that I find to be intense. But what we'll do is we'll do that at the top of the hour. We'll do that right at the beginning of the Power Hour.
Speaker 3: The other pick aside, and it's a much more dramatic one actually, but we want to see what you think about it.
Speaker 5: Let us know.
Speaker 3: Please stop sending in flirty girl tts's please stop with the Texas speech flirty girl thing everybody is now starting to use the.
Speaker 1: Why did you make it?
Speaker 4: Some pot you want to get rid of? Little one?
Speaker 1: It's one of the voice options.
Speaker 4: All I do is wait for a message from your incredibly attractive listeners.
Speaker 10: Don't word deliver.
Speaker 4: It the way that you intended to be heard on your little radio show.
Speaker 5: This was a bad idea. I don't know what to do with it. I agree, Yeah, you could have seen this coming a mile away. I should have run this by.
Speaker 1: I gave them the option to do a sergeant, a radio DJ, the flirty girl, or this one more.
Speaker 5: I forgot what the other one is. Oh, the mobster.
Speaker 3: There's a mobster too, the Italian mobster. I gave them those options, like there's I could have done.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of options. I did those ones because I thought, you want a little bit of this, a little bit of that. But I don't know what to do with this. We'll see what happens. We'll see what you think about. Keep sending your dispatches over at the news Junkie dot com. Everybody, it's another one that just came in. Everybody's using the flirty girl. Stop all right, I'll remove it if I have to. These are serious, serious, things that we're getting. It's not pornspatches, for God's sake. I mean it kind of has been, but it wasn't supposed to be. Quick moment in the sports world. I have to bring you to this over on the PGA Tour. One of the biggest names in golfing, Rory McElroy. If you're a golfer and you think like, hey, I'm really hard on myself. I hate, hate, hate golfing because I'm just not good at it. This is one of the best on the planet right now, Rory McElroy. And here's what he says when he's miked up and he doesn't do a great hit.
Speaker 6: On the ball.
Speaker 1: Oops, oh my god, I'm so bad at golf.
Speaker 5: I'll swoop you anytime.
Speaker 1: He says, Oh my god, I'm so bad at golf.
Speaker 3: So if you think you suck, this guy's the best in the world and he's doubting himself. Now, that's what I say when I hit the ball and it shanks off out of the woods. But I actually do suck at golf. He's very, very talented, but the hot mic gets you every once in a while.
Speaker 1: Books good, Oh my god, I'm so bad at golf. I'm so bad at golf.
Speaker 3: They called him out a hot mic during the PGA action. Rory McElroy out there, that's chasing a million views over on X today, and we can work in one more clip real quick.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen and you'd be the one who would know this.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? When they film movies like The Odyssey.
Speaker 5: Is coming out? Matt Damon's in the Odyssey.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of like culture war, weird dumb stuff going on around the Odyssey. But I think most people are just focused on is this movie gonna be good? Is it gonna put up big numbers? Matt Damon's in it. Old story, blah blah blah. Matt Damon was talking about what it's like filming an Imax. You probably knew this because you know about this kind of stuff.
Speaker 5: I did not know this. Here he is talking with Willie.
Speaker 8: Guys, how does the fact of shooting an Imax change.
Speaker 5: The expert periods for you as an actor? It's more technically challenging.
Speaker 22: A regular role of film Standard thirty five takes about eleven minutes per per magazine, So you load it. You've got eleven minutes to film Imax this goes through in two and a half minutes, and so if you're doing a scene that lasts more than two and a half minutes, you have to stop in the middle and freeze, and they have to reload the camera, which takes about five minutes, and then we'd go back a few lines and pick the scene up.
Speaker 1: So did you know this like.
Speaker 3: A massive fight scene in Odyssey, And in the middle of this massive fight scene, they got it. They're at the end of the Imax reel because it only takes two minutes to film all of the whole reel, and then you have to freeze. So Matt Damon and all the characters freeze in place, and then it took them five minutes to load the next Imax tape thing in there to record for Imax and they go all right cut.
Speaker 1: I think the idea of freezing is a lot less literal than that. Like, I don't think that they're just like, you know, like hand up in the air, like or they were halfway through a sword swing and they have to just kind of sit there for five minutes while they you know, replace the film cartridge. But that is incredibly annoying. I know that different film works differently, and I don't know why people are using it anymore. I don't.
Speaker 3: I have no idea though that the IMAX was only you only had two minutes. If you have a scene that's longer than two minutes, you have to like edit it together. You have to pause it in there because the film that you screw up a line or Yeah, that's a lot to waste there. Everybody hates you. If that's the case, we want to hear from you, said as your dispatches. I got more on that Bison viral video when we return, of course we'll get to that.
Speaker 5: Also.
Speaker 3: Next is the Connor McGregor drama. Did Connor McGregor throw this fight this weekend? This UFC fight? If you don't know what happened?
Speaker 1: It's kind of juicy, and we'll talk about what we know for sure, what we don't know, all the drama around that.
Speaker 5: Is it up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: Got an announcement tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I think on the show we can we could probably do this an announcement tomorrow on the show, which I'm excited about, but probably try to work that in in the Power Hour tomorrow and let you know some things that are going on effect. There's a bunch of stuff to talk about in the near future here over the course of this week and into the month, and we're pretty much all hands on deck, not that there's a lot of hands these days until August, I think, or September more so. Seilan's got one day in August he's taking off, but I'll probably just do a show with some other folks that day. And on the other hand, we're for Sea Lion's birthday and for Courtney's birthday. Way into September, we're going to take We're gonna take a couple of days take like a Friday Monday situation.
Speaker 5: Nice. But otherwise we're we're working right through it.
Speaker 1: And we got some big news for you tomorrow on the show in the two o'clock hour, the Power Hour. Well it depends on when you get the final hour. If you get the final hour of the show. You never responded to my text about that, What you are you gonna come from my birthday? Oh, we're going to the Keys. It's Courtney's birthday too. I would love to go to New Orleans. I mean, I love New Orleans. That's funny because we almost the Keys was on the table for that to the Keys. No, no, I already got people booking trips. We're sure you staying in New Orleans. I don't know. She got a couple hotel rooms just reserved that can be canceled, like, you know, very easily if we decide like, hey, this might be enough people that we can do like an Airbnb kind of situation. But you know, we have the two rooms just just in case, like we have something why.
Speaker 3: I had talked about going to Nashville or Ashville, and that got such a big response from people, like people are either team Ashville, some people love Ashville for God's sake. Some of the emails I got people are like, you have to go to Ashville. And then a lot of people were saying Nashville is such a fun place to take a vacation. I've been to Nashville, and I wasn't super excited about Ashville. But when Courtney said, we've neither one of us I've ever been to Key West, Oh wow, you've never never I've never been. Are you going to drive or fly?
Speaker 1: Uh? We're to fly. We're to fly because it's like an hour in twenty minutes or fifteen minutes or something like that I've done the drive a couple times, and I gotta say it is one of the most boring drives. It's not boring in as much as like there's such great stuff to see. There is cool places to like turn down and like there was a bar we went to on like No Name Key or something like that that had some some pretty cool stuff there. It was one of those bars that like tapes dollar bills everywhere, So you just every time I'm in a bar that tapes dollar bills everywhere I go. What happens if this place goes up in flames? Is it just an instant which am I gonna have fun for for like three four days?
Speaker 11: Though?
Speaker 5: Is there enough stuff to do? Because it's not very.
Speaker 1: Big key West, but there's plenty of fun stuff to do. You're I mean, you're not generally traditionally much of a beach guy, but the beach is very nice there. And then and then walking up and down Duvall Street, you'll you'll have a good, good ass time. And you're going to New Orleans for for the long weekend and are you just planning on getting absolutely just sloshed. There will be a little bit of that, but also probably just eating a bunch of good food. Ashley's been like already looking up, like I think she already has the first place that we're going to go to after we get off the plane, like a brunch place already lined up. Yeah, there's a bunch of great stuff there. And when we go to Nashville for her birthday. I don't think I realized this and I saw it online or maybe Pisenberg told me about it. Turkey and the Wolf has a location in Nashville now too. They do, Yeah, the Turkey and the Wolf ice House, And I was like, hell, yes, if you don't know what Turkey and the Wolf is. It's a restaurant that became famous because it's like a sandwich shop, but it won for the best restaurant in the United States of America from Gourmet magazine or some big establishment.
Speaker 5: I forgot which one, and turned.
Speaker 3: Into like a one of these places where people travel for food, which is I always think it's fun. I want to travel for relaxing and also for like eating great food and just having some drinks and experiencing the culture. We've never been to Key West, so Courtney and I are gonna be going on that very same weekend, not purposely trying to stay away from Sun's birthday.
Speaker 1: Twenty seventeen, Bonappetite magazine named it the best new restaurants in America.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, I mean, if you have suggestions, anybody who is a Key West and megafan, let me know the places that we really really got to go to.
Speaker 1: Should we rent bike? Should we rent golf cards? Characters down there? Man, a lot of vespas in Key West.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like the people of Key West seem awesome. That's what I like.
Speaker 7: I like it.
Speaker 3: I'll be honest with you. This is so nerdy, and I apologize here just for what I'm about to say. But Key Wes, I was one over simply from watching the show Bloodline. I love the show blood Line, and they're in the Keys and even though they kind of make it look rough because nobody has air conditioning and a lot of the different episodes that they show of life around Key West from Bloodline, but I still I loved it from that and I wanted to go there and we've never been, so I think that's where going to go. But until then, boy do we have a lot in store for you folks. I got a big meeting today and a couple other things, and we'll talk about that hopefully.
Speaker 5: Tomorrow in the Power Hour.
Speaker 3: But the big thing over the weekend, not according to our chat because nobody's watching UFC over on the chat side of things, But the big thing for folks who are MMA fans was this Connor McGregor comeback fight. Connor McGregor, very controversial character. He comes out like the yeah definitely, and they ding the bell seel. Connor McGregor comes out here is just a very quick little overview. He run jump like jump kicks for this guy, you know, running kick and he miss and then he hits the ground and then very shortly the whole fight is over, like they're five seconds in, and then he gets pinned onto the ground and then the ref calls it because he threw out his knee again. So the question was did he already know, like before he even got into the ring, did he know his knee was screwed up? And then he wanted to throw a big dramatic kick so he'd be like, oh no, because they didn't want to cancel the main event. Before UFC three twenty nine, there's a lot of people suggesting that that's the case, that they didn't want to cancel it, and Connor McGregor knew his knee was screwed. Another video I'll mute this year. Another video shows him right before he got into the octagon, and he's kind of like being a little more gentle with his with his legs and with his knee. He takes his shoe off, He's careful with that right foot. I don't know, I mean, we'll never really know. I don't think whether or not he fully knew, and this whole thing was sort of rigged in as much as he knew that the fight wasn't gonna last. But Connor McGregor said, I was so sharp and so ready for this fight. I cannot believe what has happened. The talk of me being off well walking into the fight is nonsense. I was calm, ready and confident. I am in shock what has taken place. The devil is literally staring at me right in front of my face. Here, I am not engaging. I will be at church tomorrow. I will overcome this. I will not be deterred. I will return seventeen million interviews Connor McGregor.
Speaker 1: But was it rigged?
Speaker 5: Did he know that his knee was screwed. There's the whole thing, sort of some setup.
Speaker 1: Then they have him go into a Newport pain management clinic four days before UFC three twenty nine, and they said he looked like he was limping.
Speaker 5: Go headed into this place. Here's Connor McGregor.
Speaker 11: Is his days.
Speaker 1: We have seen this video ahead of time. Make some bets.
Speaker 3: He doesn't look like he's really limping to me, you know, I just see him walking. Yeah, I think mayb people were looking a little bit close afterwards. Oh hey, he is coming out.
Speaker 5: Seems like he's walking fine. Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not sure if people could be swayed in either way, but it seemed like he was walking fairly normally to me there.
Speaker 1: But we'll get your your thoughts on this. He followed up and said, my head gasket has gone destroyed. I had no injury or injuries going into the UFC fight.
Speaker 3: I was throwing kicks, planet and jumping all throughout camp as well as backstage before the fight. This came out of nowhere. I am beyond dark here. I can only describe it as hell. Thirty two million views. Connor McGregor over there.
Speaker 5: Do you believe him? Let us know. Send your dispatches.
Speaker 1: It's the reply.
Speaker 3: It's called karma. Go do some more lines in the bathroom. Imagine the hell the woman you rape goes every day. That's what I was thinking that time to save Ireland Champ. Different kind of fight, but a more important one. Your suits are too tight and likely cut off circulation to your brain. I pirated the stream and I still want my effing money.
Speaker 5: So you know, audit on you go. So they're all in the comments thread.
Speaker 3: They think that perhaps he wasn't being honest about the condition of his knee with that UFC fight. This week, All right, quick break, when we come back, we got Jury duty. I want to talk to you about right before we do Jury Duty. I want because I got one story and one story alone for Jury Didty and it's about the big mystery that's starting to get a lot of attention nationally. But then there's a movie that I think has the potential to be the next obsession. I want to tell you about this. They just dropped a trailer. It's in theaters later this year. I really think it's a good premise. I like the premise I think it has a shot of being the next obsession. We'll talk about that and do jury duty. That's coming up next. In the News Junkie, some criticism about the new TTS Dispatch feature, which is text the speech for subscribers only, and they're trying to say that the New York mobster voice selection doesn't really sound like a mobster, but I you know, I think it does.
Speaker 1: I think it does.
Speaker 3: It's like a dead on, straight up Italian mobster guy from New York.
Speaker 1: Somebody are saying it sounds like a vampire.
Speaker 6: Are they not.
Speaker 1: Putting in enough token New York mobster words like gabba ghoul? I mean the first one said Cabins, may tell me this doesn't sound like a New York models.
Speaker 5: Oh, every time you're on camera just gets me excited.
Speaker 1: You know that I have an itch only you can scratch. You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Okay, that that is like dead on Italian mobster.
Speaker 1: You don't think it sounds like a New York mobster mobster scratch? Now, look, you gotta somebody's gotta lean into the character a little bit. Here's another version.
Speaker 9: I'll have the lin Greenie red sauce on the side. If the sauce does not come on the side, I will send it back. I want garlic bread toasted, not burnt. If it comes burned, I will send it back straight up.
Speaker 1: New York Mobster Gobba Goole Sopranos woke up this morning.
Speaker 5: Big vibes, Big vibes happening there.
Speaker 3: I told you that that there was a new movie that has just dropped a trailer, and I I think the premise to me sounds good all right, And I think it could be the next Obsession. There's a movie that's coming out later this year. The trailer already has six point five million views, and it's called Bad Apples.
Speaker 5: That's the name of this movie.
Speaker 1: I think this could have some potential of being the next Obsession like movie. Now, grant, I've only seen a little tiny teaser of it so far, but I love the idea. That's why I liked the movie Obsession.
Speaker 3: I said, when Courtney showed me the trailer, before anybody in the world was talking about Obsession. Courtney knows about the new movies before anybody else. And Courtney goes, this is a good one.
Speaker 1: Check this out. And I watched the trailer. I go, that looks good. That's a creative idea.
Speaker 5: I like that. I felt the same way about this.
Speaker 3: Bad Apples is this movie that they've just dropped the trailer form and a teacher, all right, she's teaching in her classroom and she has these punk ass kids. One in particular, this kid is like such a pain in the ass, bully punk who's in her classroom and he's like ruining everything.
Speaker 5: Here's that.
Speaker 1: This is the kid.
Speaker 3: He's like screaming at the other students. The kid sucks, He's the worst. Bad Apples is the name of the movie, and the whole, like, the whole idea of this is that the teacher kidnaps the student so that she can teach him how to behave love. The premise love the idea that she's like, oh god, this kid, kid's so obnoxious. She's the teacher. She kidnaps this bully at her school to try to teach him a lesson and teach him how to behave interesting idea.
Speaker 5: I think this could be pretty big.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to say the actress's name though, Sourice Ronanic Roan.
Speaker 1: I don't know, s Ao I R s E. I don't know how to say that sae so s res Ronan, whatever her name is. She's in this and the trailer looks pretty interesting. Oh I think it's some sort of like kind of Gaelic thing because I'm getting this is what I'm getting from Google.
Speaker 3: Ohia, okay, Socia ronin Bad Apples is the movie that's starting to get a little bit of buzz later this year. Could possibly be like another one of these obsession breakthroughs. Maybe maybe not, maybe like Weapons, that kind of movie. We'll see if it gets any more traction, and keep an eye on it. As you might imagine. Right now though, here goes nothing.
Speaker 1: Let's do Jerry duty for it is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to with your ass.
Speaker 5: You're knowing jury duty with the news junkie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just stretched it out a little bit while I got over on the right tab for Jerry duty. Jerry duty.
Speaker 5: But maybe I forgot what we were doing. No, I fully, no, I know.
Speaker 1: Let's do look at the list, look at the schedule, look at the look at everything.
Speaker 3: What's happening here? I want to thank Just call mo dot com if you get to an accident. The insurance companies.
Speaker 1: They're big, greedy companies, and without a shadow of a doubt, you need to make sure after an accident you're taking care of yourself, your family, and your future. This could be a big, big difference in the two directions that your life could go, whether you go after the insurance companies for what you deserve or whether you don't. All right, it's a earth shattering, shocking decision, but make a smart one. Just Calmo dot com, Just Calmo dot com.
Speaker 6: All.
Speaker 3: We've been kind of talking about the college football star Nolan Wells. He was in Ocean Springs, Mississippi, is on this little island off of Mississippi, and he was with his friends. He is black, as friends were white. The only reason I say that is because people are trying to make this about race. So it's at least worth noting that in the show, Nolan Wells, from Ocean Springs, Mississippi, vanished over the July fourth weekend. His body was recovered days later on an island off the Gulf coast. This is an island where they were doing some partying. Here's the timeline that I have. The timeline is from Wlox. The body of eighteen year old Nolan Xavier Wells was found in the water just off the northwestern tip of Horn Island on Monday morning. Tuesday, the coroner said that the body was identified as Wells according to dental records. Cause and manner of death haven't been released. His family thinks that his friends like did something, you know, I don't know what. But Saturday, July fourth, they traveled to Horn Island with a group of friends and Wells was with them. The boat left from a private dock in the Ocean Springs area. Wells was last seen near the island at about three pm. He did not return on the same boat as the group. From what we understand, he chose to stay behind. The Coastguard said that a friend of Well's contacted the agency around eleven pm on the night of July fourth. The Coast Guard would not disclose any other information about that call, but said the call did not require Coast Guard assistance. His mother contacted the Sheriff's office Saturday evening around midnight to report that her son had not come home. Sunday, the Coast Guards that it received or request for assistance for a missing person around Horn Island. They had a broadcast out there and put a chopper out. They said that they were in search of Nolan Xavier Wells, eighteen year old black male, six foot one, about one hundred and eighty pounds. He was seen on Horn Island on the fourth of July wearing a blue swim trunks, no shirt, and glasses. His family said, he's in this video and he's fighting in this video to try to get his phone back. They're like, in this video, he says, give me my freaking phone. And that's the core of the family's case. Here's the problem.
Speaker 1: The person who was actually in this video, the family thinks it's their son who died, Nolan Wells.
Speaker 3: The person who's actually in this video fighting has come forward. It wasn't him. It wasn't anything to do with him. It was another person who knows him and was very familiar with him that wanted to come forward and say the family has this one wrong. So their theory is about this being some sort of malicious thing and there was a fight and you know, for whatever reason, they ended up killing this guy, Nolan Wells.
Speaker 1: The family thought that some different dude was their son. Yeah, they thought because it's a blurry cell phone video and In the video, you can just hear sort of commotion and somebody talking about their phone and they thought it was their son. It's not.
Speaker 3: The person who it is was involved in a fight over something completely unrelated. They have come forward and said it's not about this at all, but they got Benjamin Crump, and Crump on the case usually does these sort of race space cases and gets.
Speaker 5: Involved in stuff like this.
Speaker 3: I think we'll learn more from the coroner, but it could be just as simple as this kid was out there, he was partying and for whatever reason, he ended up drowning off of this island and unfortunately met a very young demise out there. The family they don't usually want to hear that kind of stuff, So I don't know what's what yet, but I'm keeping an eye on the Nolan Wells story and we'll see if there's any other updates as we go along, and we'll see what the coroner says. That's a very important update that we're waiting for. As far as the TTS things, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know where this is going to go.
Speaker 3: They seem to like it on chat quite a bit, and they're using a couple of these more than they're using the radio DJ, which I like. That's my favorite one. The radio DJ voice I think is the best. But the mobster is second most used. And then the sexy lady or I think I just called her flirty girl. There's been way too.
Speaker 5: Much of that.
Speaker 1: She sounds more porny than flirty. It's a little bit over the top, but maybe it's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: We're letting you get creative. We're trying to see what you can do with this. All right, let's see here a couple of things. David emails the show. David says, Sean for the pick Aside, I won one hundred percent agree with the lady. That was a lady at the convenience store who said the person could not use her bathroom if he wasn't a paying customer. Having said that, I've also noticed quite a few convenience stores put signs on their bathrooms. They just say out of order. I inquired one time about the out of order sign, and the clerk said, you can go ahead and use it. We just put that sign up there because people make a mess and leave it and we don't want to clean it up. It seems almost like it's a catch twenty two. But it's your business and your restroom, and you should be able to do what you want with it, says LB. Thank you for that, Jane says, while I've not been in a long time, there's lots of stuff worth seeing in Key West. You got to try to check out Mallory Square in the afternoon. The vendors and street actors and the Carni type people are great. The aquarium is great. The Hemingway House and the White House are worth.
Speaker 1: It them cool. I actually attended a rehearsal dinner for a wedding there. It was a cool little venue for that. Mallory Square is where people like to go for like sunset. Like you go down to Mallory Square, you watch the sunset. There's vendors everywhere, and then you hit up Duvall Street and let the party and commence.
Speaker 5: There's also a clothing optional bar.
Speaker 1: Did you go to that one?
Speaker 8: I did not.
Speaker 18: I did not.
Speaker 1: I was not aware there was a clothing optional bar.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 1: I've seen people, you know, make some of their bars clothing optional, not the posit. I don't know that it was sanctioned. Right quick break. When we come back, we'll get into the Power Hour and another pick aside. This is the one that Sealane got all set for us. Who are you gonna choose? This is a good clip. It's coming up next in the news Junkie. It is hard as an adult to do two things. One to make new friends, which you can do on Tnjchat. I guarantee it. Two to be able to like share your life and things with people. Like you're gonna post something on Instagram unless you have some actual followers, you end up no likes, nobody reacted to it, and you're like, oh man, why do not even post that thing? Should I delete this?
Speaker 3: If you go on tnjchat, you can hang out with people, you can get to know them, you can take pictures we call peaks over there, and you can build it do the community, which I think is absolutely awesome.
Speaker 5: You should be next.
Speaker 3: So get the app, which is available at the newsjunky dot com and hit the chat tab. Boom, just like that, you're dropping in to say hello. All right, it's time to do it. Let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 1: They said it couldn't be done. Then they said, oh my god, I'm so bad at golf. It's time for the Power Hour On the news, Chunky, Sorry, it's true, just not good.
Speaker 3: I'm just not good at it. I got an amazing pick a side for us today. This video is incredible. Sea Lane has prepared this for us here and you can see already here's our scene. Our scene is a bunch of young people out on boats. And your pick aside is going.
Speaker 1: To be choosing between the young people who are partying on their boats and the old man who comes in real hot. You tell us which side was in the right or the wrong if you do the things the video. Oh shoot, I don't have the pick a side video?
Speaker 19: Do you have no thoughts and take swamp beating when we tell you to pick a side.
Speaker 3: There we go, folks. Let's watch this video and pick a side. Oh big swings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy's just going after this other dude with his ore.
Speaker 3: I have to stop here. Let me paint the picture for you. The old man, he came in like it was American gladiators with a paddle, Like you're bringing a paddle to a fight, And so they started fighting with the paddles. And he just came in hot. This guy came in a one hundred degrees hot, maybe even hot. He just starts swinging and at one point one of them goes at you.
Speaker 1: Fat boy, Yeah the old the old man was like, I'm gonna get you, fat boy, and that's where we going after this guy in the water.
Speaker 3: Then he just starts getting his ass handed to him. They're pummeling him with the that's that sound is the oars. Somebody said be careful, Yeah, yeah, be careful. God, he's really hitting him with that. Or oh my gosh, that one was right to the head.
Speaker 1: It's like you mother slam. It's just slamming them in the head with this, or did we get any context around this cealing like what was this old guy mad about? I have no clue what this fight is over. The video starts way too late.
Speaker 5: I think. Yeah, he it's one of those things.
Speaker 3: He came into this really hot, but he made the mistake of going over to these young dudes who just outmatched him, and he ended up getting walloped with that. Now I'm not a man of the water, as they say, but getting hit with like a boat or that has got to hurt. Yeah, no way that that is not a painful ordeal.
Speaker 5: I don't think.
Speaker 1: I mean, they try to keep him pretty light, but I still think like with the amount of force that he was hitting him with and the one one of those shots was direct to the back of the head.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bunch of times too Heavy Metal Cowboys says old man is wrong until he hits the ground, and then it reverses. There is absolutely no definitive right or wrong with what we see in this video. I agree with that, it's like there's not enough context around it.
Speaker 1: But if the old guy comes in hot and he's going to attack these young guys who are out enjoying the boat for the day, the moment that you got him down and you're just repeatedly hitting him over and over in the head with an oar, I think like, all right here, he's just covering up and the guy's just hitting him over it.
Speaker 5: Oh, I get him.
Speaker 1: That was in the head right there, the part of Sea Land's talking about, and then I think he's walloping. I think there's a moment in here where it looks like one of them is holding the other's head in the water, which we learned in a previous story could be attempted murder. Yeah, yeah, and maybe even just swinging the oar at somebody's had could be that noise is an oar hitting the guy.
Speaker 5: I think he will maybe stop doing that.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll come back over there and put himself in that equation again. I think maybe he might learn a little bit of a lesson for this. But from what we could tell here, let us know who you think was in the right and in the wrong.
Speaker 3: I really think like if this old man, no matter what he was upset about, he should not have gone and encountered these young people and tried to start a fight like this. He was way out numbered. There's just too many things that could possibly go wrong. And he came in way, way, way too high. When you are attacking somebody and you've got them out numbered, you've got a couple of friends, and.
Speaker 1: You're just.
Speaker 3: Shot after shot like that, I don't know. But at BDMX contests, he came with a weapon. Anything that happens is his fault.
Speaker 1: You're not wrong. He came in with one of the oars, and he was trying to swing the oar at the young guys and then they started swinging it back at him. So did he open the door for that?
Speaker 3: Like if I've got a hammer and Ceilan has a hammer, and I walk into Celan's booth and I start swinging a hammer at him and he hits me back with a hammer. I can't go, well, this is out of line. Why would you do this, Selene? I have to go well, of course he did it because I attacked him with a hammer first. That makes sense to me. Let us know what you think. Send your dispatches in over at the news Junkie dat com. Oh right, is something else? Sometimes it absolutely positively is. Here is one of the guys who I think. He's a news anchor from CBS News. Chief National is the chief national correspondent for CBS News, and he said he almost got scammed and ripped off. He's outside of a bank here, So this guy shouldn't be a dummy. He's like a CBS News main one of the main talents over there. Let's see what he says happened to him.
Speaker 5: Man, I just got completely scammed.
Speaker 18: Got a call about an hour ago from someone claiming to be from fraud protection at my bank, and they said, listen, we suspect that people are trying to illegally withdraw money from your account. This person gave me a name, they gave me a bad ID, they seemed to know so much about me, about my bank account, and then they.
Speaker 1: Said, listen, we suspect that there was significant fraud.
Speaker 18: Activity at the branch, at the bank branch where you bank.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was just stopping for a second here. I want to hear the rest of what happened. But if you're having problems with people trying to scam you and take your money out of your bank, and because you're a public figure, it's probably made worse, maybe you shouldn't make the video addressing this in front of your Bank of America. So now I know you have a bank account a Bank of America. Like, don't give people that information. Don't even tell people where you bank. I used to do that on the show and be like, oh, I go went to my bank. I'm like, WHOA, why even give that that information?
Speaker 1: Is valuable to somebody who would want to take advantage and try to get your money.
Speaker 3: Don't even let them know where you bank. There's no reason for that to get out there at all. But he's in front of that and what.
Speaker 1: We need you to do right now.
Speaker 5: We went through all the accounts and we actually.
Speaker 18: Had had some suspicious activity recently in my daughter's account. As she told me, listen, we think that there are two fraudsters at the bank.
Speaker 5: They go by these aliases.
Speaker 18: She gave me the names, and then she said, what we need you to do in order to intercept these fraudsters is to go to the bank and withdraw everything from your bank account, which wasn't that much money at this point, and take it with you so you have it in cash and that'll trigger the fraudsters into action.
Speaker 5: That's how we'll be able to catch them. Well, you're a reporter, and you almost fell for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is very very bid.
Speaker 3: If somebody who is not like, if somebody who you're not one billion percent sure works for your bank is talking to you about bank stuff, stop. The first thing you do when your bank calls you and they start saying all sorts stuff is go, hey, I'll call you right back.
Speaker 5: What's your name? What's your name?
Speaker 3: I'll call you right back, and then get the one thousand percent correct number. Dial your bank, ask for that person by name. Make sure you're actually talking to them. Also, my fraud calls are automated. I think I would probably have a red flag up if somebody called and like spoke to me and said they were representative of my bank. Because normally, if there's something and usually it's my fault. Usual it's me trying to use my credit card on some website that's overseas that they don't like, use my debit card, and that happens and then doesn't go through. I'm like, why is this not working? Then all of a sudden, my phone rings. I'm like, oh, it's the stupid robot with the this is your financial institution automated fraud Detection service. Yeah, if they start talking to you for this guy who's an reporter for CBS News. His name is Matt Gutman from CBS News, if maybe he got excited because he thought he was like unraveling a story that he could focus on. But if they're doing this, it's very easy to know stuff about somebody who's public, so they can start talking to you about things in your family and your account just from picking up things that you put out there publicly.
Speaker 5: So he can't trust that at all. But he almost fell for it.
Speaker 18: I guess I thought, Okay, that's a little weird. Why would you use a regular citizen for something that seems like a law enforcement issue? But I said, you know, okay, and I went in there, and she said, but you can't tell anybody at the bank that this is happening, because they might work on it. And here's a lady walking by you I think might have experienced something similar. So I go to the teller and I start doing the thing, and I'm like, there is no way that this is possibly real that anybody would use a regular site.
Speaker 1: Why did he say that is a lady walking by that I think might have experienced something similar, Like maybe he talked to her that it's just a woman walking to the bank. She maybe she's just banking at the bank pavilion for a sting operation at a bank.
Speaker 18: And I am a journalist and I've done scam stories so many times throughout my career, and I came so close to.
Speaker 1: Falling for it.
Speaker 5: I would have known a Mary.
Speaker 18: And the dangerous part is that I would have been walking around with thousands of dollars in cash at a place known to those scammers because they directed me to my local bank branch. And I was told that this happens all the time, and then they either rob your car or they rob you. So a very scary experience. Happening to someone who thinks at least that they are savvy. I'm not as savvy as I think I am, and that should be a lesson. I guess all of us. You've gotta be so careful and damn ro I don't want to go against this guy. I hate that somebody was trying to steal him and scam from him. So but the fact is this guy should be smarter than this.
Speaker 1: There is no circumstances at all, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever that your bank is going to tell you to be part of some sting. They're not going to do that people regular civilian, But I'm up for the task. I'm maybe it's because I'm a newsman, I'm so good and smart that they want me to do this, Like there is no way. And if you work at a bank, I want you to tell me if this is something that people fall for a lot number one or if this was ever anything that could possibly be true, because in my estimation, the bank is never going to ask you to be part of the plan to bring down the scammers. The bank is never gonna go What we need you to do is participate now, and we're gonna We're gonna pull one over on them.
Speaker 3: They're never gonna do that. So when they tell you to take your money out, when they take to do all these things, be smarter than this. I can't believe this guy almost fell for this. He's in the parking lot of the Bank of America. He says, you shout out to the lapd and the folks at Bank of America where I bank, for helping me avert a potentially dangerous disaster.
Speaker 1: I think this guy went to the level of going into the bank and trying to take out his money, and they have to protect you.
Speaker 3: So the bank goes, why are you withdrawing all your money? And if you explain what's going on, to be like, oh my god, please stop, do not do that. It's a terrible idea. You're being scammed. So many people are gullible. One of our problems is so many of you have such big hearts.
Speaker 1: You have big hearts, You have all this empathy that you're pouring out on things, and you'll make all these dumb decisions with all the empathy.
Speaker 5: Take a break, take a beat, think about it.
Speaker 1: Your bank is not going to tell you to take all your money out and be part of some Ocean's eleven scam to get the scammers.
Speaker 3: It's just not what happens unless I got it wrong. Let me know, send a dispatch over at the newsjunky dot com or an email tips tip thenewsjunkie dot com. The Power Hour rolls on next with an unbelievable, very very disturbing clip that I want to play for you. More of your feedback coming in and all the Mitch McConnell information.
Speaker 1: Which do we have a proof of life on old Mitch McConnell. What do we know now?
Speaker 3: We're gonna find out. That's coming up next on the News Chunkie. A little bit of an embarrassing moment last night, Celim what happened? Oh god, I've never I thought Cordy was going to try to turn herself inside out or something. She was trying to actively make herself disappear when Guardian Levosa or whatever she could do, did just make herself disappear.
Speaker 1: Have you ever done this before?
Speaker 6: She was.
Speaker 1: We're sitting at the bar. We're enjoying a few like end of the weekend drinks before we go back and wrap it up for the weekend and get ready for today's show.
Speaker 3: And there's a bunch of people at the bar. We're all kind of chit chatting and stuff. But the bar has a touch tunes and you know the gimmick like touch tunes. The bar makes money when you sure the touch tunes thing. So this bar will let it get dead ass quiet. They will not play the free songs like. They will let it get dead ass quiet. And then you'll go, this is uncomfortable, and you'll get out your phone and you'll put on some touch Tunes song. They're playing like Chicken with you. Yes, they are like awkward. Chicken is what they're playing with you. And Courtney all of a sudden fancies herself like a DJ. So she'll want to play the music and look around and if people are dancing and yeah, I did that, I'm creating the vibes in this place right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so she would she would roll through all of these things, go to what's Courtney's go to to crank up the touch tunes, she'll do.
Speaker 3: She'll do n Words in Paris off of jay Z and Kanye that that one. She'll do a lot of rap songs that I.
Speaker 1: Don't want her to do. And you're using voice of text it is a little bit and she does all this stuff, and she has a bunch of great songs that she likes, sexy red whatever, so she will go nuts for it. And so she's sitting there, it gets quiet, and they kind of pressure you into using the touch tunes, and she went to do a little like G seven and roll the street fighting man gee. She goes, oh no, oh god, Sean, Oh no, no, no, no, no no. And I said, what's up? And she said, I just realized I put on the wrong song. And she put on a song about dying by the band and against me. And the song is about like getting cancer and die, oh my, And it's just the guitarist singer and and just singing along and this miserables like when.
Speaker 3: The cancer sets in this miserable song. And it was going from like big vibes, everybody's having a good time. And she goes, oh my god, oh my god, I played the wrong song.
Speaker 1: What can He was like, I'm killing myself today, and she goes, is there a way for me to skip my own song? Can I golden pass it?
Speaker 10: Or what?
Speaker 3: Like somebodys you pay more money and go to the front of the line. So she's just stewing. That would be a good extra money grab, Like, kay, did you play the wrong song? One more credit? You can skip your own song.
Speaker 1: She would have paid one thousand dollars. She was like, oh my god, Oh my god, I hit the wrong song. Oh God, what do I do? She was just absolutely melting down in the bar. I think the bartender can still like if you ask him. You know, they have like a remote where they can skip. Yeah, because because people, you know, they they sometimes have poor choices in what they play at the bar.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I wish I've.
Speaker 1: Been skipped by a guy that listens to this show. How did you feel about it? Make you feel like it was a low moment for you. I tried to play the song again. He skipped it again. So he made it Did he make it clear like if you do it again, you're out of here? Because I don't think he knew it was me, But yeah, I was like, all right, well, I guess he's really dead set on not hearing this song.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have it here. It's it's called I can't play it, but I'll give you the lyrics. It's called Miami. That's the name of the song. She acidently accidentedly played by against Me, and the lyrics are, Oh my god, okay, So the whole thing is just like very much dark and about death and about all of these things. Oh, this is searching for a former clarity. That's the album. I think that it's on Miami right here. Why are these websites so about? Oh okay, so it says, I'm trying to find the part where she really started melting down because it's like Matt Okay, they're amputed. It says, the plane is on fire, the fing ship is sinking, and you're swept away in a hurricane. You're buried in the rubble of an earthquake. It's urmal terminal, it's inoperable. They're amputating, massive hemorrhaging, major effing complications. It's about like somebody getting cancer and dying. And oh god, I think that's the song that she had ended up playing. She goes, Oh, okay, here it is. You're and it's rotting. Your teeth right out of your head. Sight and hearing are quickly faded, your guts expanding, your hairlines receding, Your soils are opening, and the cancer spread.
Speaker 1: Stores are opening, and the cancer is spreading.
Speaker 3: And the antibiotics aren't working. All the drugs just strangely sobering, and the skeletons in your closet have opened the door and they've started talking things just like this miserable jam and oh God, Miami's a good song. It might be in the right circumstances, Ryan, but in this one, she wanted to just turn inside out and disappear in the moment.
Speaker 5: Fortunately for me, she wasn't able to do that, so I just got to watch the whole thing happen. It was a good time.
Speaker 1: I don't think of what else would be like it would be a fun exercise in super awkward jukebox songs, just because, like I think, sometimes you don't realize what's what's available out there, and you go, oh man, there's some pretty bad. Like I knew somebody who years and years ago used to host karaoke and she said, I did a middle school gig once and I didn't realize, like, what all is on my list here? And one of the middle school kids wanted to do I'll make Love to you by boys to men. You can't do that, And it's like, that's a sneaky one because pay attention to the lyrics. It's sort of it's I mean, it's very much similar to what they did in Arrested Development when Michael and his niece saying afternoon Delight and they didn't realize what afternoon Delight was about. Yeah, there's there's some moments like that. But it would be a fun exercise. And like, what could be the most awkward jukebox song that you just drop out there? Maybe your budda Blast calls it party poop maxing. It's like the song that you dropped is just like just kills all the vibes and yeah, so like you know, and you don't even have to like let people know that it was you. I mean, I think that there would be there would be a drop in use of the touch tunes app if there was some sort of light that shined on you when your song came on, like congratulation, sean umbop by Hanson is playing per your request?
Speaker 3: Can I tell you same place, same jukebox. The bartender came over one time. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Oh, we were talking about songs that are way darker than they sound.
Speaker 7: Life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the bartenders like this song sounds like an upbeat song. But it's not.
Speaker 3: I go, yeah, it's like umbob and he goes umbop By Hanson and I go, yeah, umbab.
Speaker 5: By Hanson is about dying.
Speaker 1: And I said, if you go, if you listen to the lyrics, and he goes no, and he starts singing the song and says, oh my god, you're right. Umbop is about somebody like tragically dying and about enjoying life in the moments that you have. And I said yeah. And then he put Umbop on the jukebox so that he could hear it as we're and I'm like, oh god, it's it'll it'll ruin the vibe big time. Oh God, all right, we're gonna let me get this in here very quickly. Mitch McConnell's office released a photo. They said he suffered minor injuries from a fallen home and then developed pneumonia.
Speaker 5: He says.
Speaker 3: McConnell says, I still have unfinished business to complete on your behalf, and I have every intention of finishing the job.
Speaker 1: He has a newspaper.
Speaker 3: He has like a recent newspaper in the picture, which I don't know if you could do that other ways, but here's the newspaper.
Speaker 5: Do I have it here. Hang on, here's the newspaper he's holding. So it's supposed to be like he.
Speaker 3: Is a baseball player on the front of this section, and that's supposed to show you that it's a recent story from the Washington Post and that Mitch McConnell is still healthy and alive and with us. I still say, why wouldn't you just get on with Fox or CNN or something, he says, as it mustage as much as it frustrates me, This process takes time, the advice of my doctors. I won't be able to return to the Senate Florida vote quite yet. But rest assured in the meantime, I'm not taking a break from the Senate business that matters to you. I'm working closely with my staff. I'll keep working hard to get back on the Senate floor as soon as possible, he says. So, he says, nothing to worry about here. You judge for yourself, folks. Tell me what you think with your final dispatches. See if CNN kind of like hung Scott Jennings out to dry for that they were like, listen, did this was something that he says, You know, we can't confirm or deny. His account of a personal conversation with Senator McConnell reflects his experience and is not CNN reporting. I'm like, yeah, what the hell, guys, So CNN is saying like this isn't us officially saying that Mitch McConnell is well and we're vouching for him. This is simply one of our commentators going on the record with this story.
Speaker 1: I'll go to that clip that I was going to play in this segment I haven't done yet. We'll do the final dispatches, stories that didn't make the cut and everything else today I learned included to wrap it up for a Monday that's coming up next on the News Junkie. What else do we have?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 3: Should we just get right into the final disc patches because I know there's some special ones?
Speaker 1: All right, these are the final dispatches, but Sean will probably only play Bro went out today a brand new future for subscribers.
Speaker 3: You can if you're a little bit nervous, I like the sound of your voice, you can use some of the test voices for text to speech dispatches, and it has been very popular. There's been a lot of people trying this out. I see a lot of submissions here in the end of the show, but I saw a lot of in there. They're not porn dispatches, sele And that's just one of the characters. Oh did you do a New York mobster?
Speaker 7: One?
Speaker 9: Is this?
Speaker 5: This is Sea Lea. That's the one I should play. Here's here's you one?
Speaker 1: Uh uh uh two?
Speaker 21: Uh uh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, because you can put it to count things and I may want to suck your blood.
Speaker 1: It's not a vampire. It's a Mony York mobster.
Speaker 5: A mobster your blood, that's how they say it. You wouldn't know. You don't know any real mobsters.
Speaker 1: I met some mobster.
Speaker 3: Flirty Girl has been popular, but people are just having Flirty Girl do other things.
Speaker 4: Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that, but thank you to everybody who sent these over. And that's going to have to do it for today. Unfortunately, we'll keep testing that out. We'll see how we like it. You can give us your feedback tips at the Newsyunkie dot com. And maybe I'll tweak the little mafia voice a bit, just a tiny, tiny bit. Fuck your blood for.
Speaker 1: Now, let's get out of here. Let's do today. I'll learned the following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 5: So don't get cocky, chown. What we call today Gettysburg address is hot. Yeah you bet, buddy, you bet.
Speaker 3: Today or for Monday, July thirteenth, twenty twenty six. Today learn this young lady right here.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: Right, Shirley Temple. She retired from movies at age twenty two.
Speaker 3: In nineteen fifty, she discovered that her father had drastically mismanaged her money at the time, making bad investments. Out of the three point two million she earned during her career, only forty four thousand remained in a trust account.
Speaker 5: She said, I wasn't upset. I was shocked at the time.
Speaker 1: Today learn a lake called Lake by Kyl is the largest freshwater lake in the world by volume. The deepest point of this freshwater lake five thousand, three hundred and fifteen feet, which is pretty astonishing. And finally, today learn you this guy right here. Question that's right, jay Z. Indeed, because of his concert going a little bit late in New York this weekend, jay Z is banned from China.
Speaker 5: He's with Kanye on this one.
Speaker 3: He's banned from China do to constant use of vulgar language and music. According to Foreman, former Chinese culture ministry head, got a point, I can't read his old his whole set list out loud and without naturing some stuff.
Speaker 1: Now there's some stuff you can't say on the radio. There. Thank you so much, Freak and I with this. We do appreciate it. We're back tomorrow the same time, same place. Missing of the show. Get the podcast at the news JUNKI Dot Comm'll see tomorrow. Everybody the money Net on to dance. He's my friends, but I'm in friends. I'm just saying. Chris Williams ain't the weird night? If you ask me, is that with him?
Speaker 13: I would have.
Speaker 1: What's Louis Machill? What chugs my deal? What's that jacket? Marshalla