Speaker 1: And join the Muss and Miller Lite at Bootlegger's Saloon. And now then this Thursday from five to seven, stop by for drink specials, games and to register for a chance to win a spot in the Vikings Foundation Golf Tournament.
Speaker 2: All the details at kVA dot com. Just make the keyword golf.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You're joining the Power Morning Show now, as he does almost every Wednesday when he's not traveling the world, like in Italy and whatnot. Parker Fox, Good morning, Good morning. How are we doing pretty good?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: I've seen you everywhere.
Speaker 4: I was just talking to you when we were walking down the hall that I saw you on that Caroleven thing with Julia Daniels breaking down the relationship with you and Taylor that you guys started off basically being beer pong teammates and yeah friends, and now you're engaged beer pong.
Speaker 3: She's an actress, okay, yeah, something like that.
Speaker 4: So I get here's why that piece infuriated me.
Speaker 3: Shocking, Yeah, what's new? Why how does that infuriate you? Because the no, the two of.
Speaker 4: You, right, Taylor's obviously a NonStop winner. We've discussed this. All she does is win, But you know, she's a hockey player. By definition, she's got to compete.
Speaker 3: It's right. You play basketball your whole life. You compete.
Speaker 4: And you guys said your love of competition is something that like you guys both respect but for each other. You guys, you know, both find things to compete on. And all I think about is like my wife hates playing board games with me because she hates when I win. And she says, she goes, why do you win it? Everything except for poker?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well you should. You should see it in the Heisy household. If I if I think I'm competitive, I go to their house for like Christmas or Holidays or whatever, and it's intense. All board games, oh everything, they play all the games, card games. Yeah, we played Initials less Christmas. I liked you and it got intense. Yeah, there's some bending of the rules. Let's we needed a moderator.
Speaker 4: Like of the rules the rules are we be well, just like you know, initials is you got to say your name and you know buzz in your name's your buzzer. And there's a couple there's a couple bending of blurting out what the actual words were before.
Speaker 3: You can't do that. What are you doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's against the rules, so you shouldn't get the point.
Speaker 4: My wife and a neighbor to like to do the whole like, well, even if we ring in and get it wrong, we get to keep guessing, so on how the game works. You'll just guess all day long. You take the games too seriously? Are we playing this game for real life? Is that Chris from the bathroom on line ten?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I think it's Tom Pelo. It's Pelissero.
Speaker 4: That's very different, very different than the hawk from the bathroom.
Speaker 1: No, I know now, I know who it was, but I wanted to trick him. It didn't work out. Yeah, he's in the crapper. He's gonna do the news from here.
Speaker 3: Sure upload whoa where's the news? Sound?
Speaker 1: Sports business on the right? Okay, well that was hurry up.
Speaker 3: He's competitive to compete. Let's go. I let him talk to you like that. We're sports business. How about just this's not sponsored, Zach, just do it live.
Speaker 1: Go This is kf AN News with Chris Hockey live from live from the bathroom throne.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I'm scooping while poopin literally.
Speaker 3: Yeah, would be so proud of you.
Speaker 1: It's my boy, my boy, what your dad's proud that you're in the dumper.
Speaker 6: Wow, I'm finally made him proud.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bring a comrades in there.
Speaker 6: It's the music you lowed here, because it's a rave in this restroom.
Speaker 3: No, we can't hear it. Sounds good, Okay, somebody.
Speaker 6: Just walked in. I'm doing sorry. A busy stretch of four ninety four. Your MSP airport of all of America's gonna closed this weekend. This is going to begin on Friday evening. Minnesota Department Transtation confirms the freeway will will be shut down in Richfield and Bloomington. We ten VM Friday and five am Monday, So if you're headed to the airport, use alternate routes. The corners will be in effect between Interstate thirty five W and Highway seventy seven, a two point five mile stretch. So that is going to be a third layer of hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's terrible. That's all you got. Yeah, that's not good. I don't have a hot take on track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, three ninety four is all banged up going like westbound, so you got to go all over town to get back onto like Highway one hundred it's banged up. There's all kinds of like shrapnel in the street. You got to take like the express thing or whatever. Right, yeah, because I have it. What are off What are some examples of stratnel?
Speaker 3: No? I said shrapnel? Oh, what are some examples of that?
Speaker 1: Well, like when like something goes off and if it's like a bomb and like pieces go flying, that's shrapnel.
Speaker 3: What type of pieces like bomb pieces? Bomb pieces? Fair Enough?
Speaker 6: Officials say speeding has decreased significantly at several intersections after the city installed traffic safety cameras last fall. The five cameras installed as part of the pilot program been into operation in October. The cameras detect potential speeding of ten miles prayer or more over the speed limit and take photos and videos of those vehicles. The traffic enforcement agents then review that They can then issue violations to speeding drivers, a warning for the first offense and then a fine for the second. I haven't noticed any yet, have you guys?
Speaker 3: No? Have not. No. I don't go there very often. I don't get outside. Where is it.
Speaker 6: Downtown Minneapolis?
Speaker 5: Oh, just downtown. Yeah, I've heard about it. I've heard they're the duots are hilarious?
Speaker 3: What nothing? Just happy or happy the toilet?
Speaker 4: Yes, we are. If somebody still in the bathroom with you or did they already leave?
Speaker 6: They came in and wandered then walked out.
Speaker 3: Did it sound like they washed their hands?
Speaker 6: No, they definitely did not.
Speaker 4: They definitely did not. Well, then I know about four or five people that it might be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that guy got fired this time to day? Were they searching for Indiana?
Speaker 4: Sch Liz Man, I'm right here. Where does that rank on your guys's pet peeves? When you, especially coworkers or friends, when you watch somebody not wash their hands.
Speaker 3: After the bathroom? What type of not wash your hands? What do you mean?
Speaker 5: Like like just go potty, quick, go number one, quick, hit the urinal and get out of there.
Speaker 4: I would still say, can you at least do the fake three second rints? You don't have to do the full twenty second so, but but could you at least do something, do something at least rinse at once and dry your hands off? Come on, man, that's fair. A lot of germs on the flusher, even the flusher, even if you even if it's an automatic, you still touched your I mean, come on man, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 5: I mean your junks got it probably be one of the cleaner parts about you, right.
Speaker 4: It depends. I'm glad that you said that looking right at me. I couldn't look at Tommy.
Speaker 3: He showers like six times a day, not twice a day. I don't have a lot to worry about.
Speaker 6: But still, you know, but it's not a clean part of my body. It's really going badly here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's flying all over the place. Yeah, what'd you eat?
Speaker 6: I think it might be I had. I was thinking on my way down here. It might have been some milk I had last night.
Speaker 3: I just don't do well.
Speaker 4: With milk, like chose intolerant. Well, no, not Kemp's milk. That's malk m E l k. That's a different product, very different.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And you know what I'm gonna I'm not gonna uh dishonor what happened to our soldier by doing that news story and here. So I'm going to hang this up and ask you guys to report on the loss of our White Bear Lake soldier instead of me having to do it from in here to be disrespectful. So I will. I'll be down there as soon as I finished this up. Back to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zachary, I saw you you posted that. That was the first time I had heard that she was from White Bear Lake. Actually I saw your tweet. Yeah that sucks.
Speaker 2: You know, we're talking earlier with with Hawk where he you know, you look and you know, you see a name and whatever you see on social media, and I did the same thing with her and some mutual friends obviously. So she is from White Bear Like. Her name is Nicole More and starge in first Class n Cole Moore. She was thirty nine years old, killed on Sunday, one of the four soldiers identified by the US Department of Defense. She had she left it leaves behind her husband, Joey, had two wonderful children and yeah, White Bear Like Native and and uh, you know, I was raising a family here and uh, according to the Associated Press, was just days away from from coming home. And unfortunately just tragic, absolutely tragic news. And I don't know, there's just something when you when you have that that connection where you know that you know they when they that they walked the same streets you did, when you know you that we were so obviously worried when when we heard the news that there were because he knew he had people over there. We always have Minnesota's so much so represented well over there overseas and and unfortunately, Yeah, Nicole Moore, rest in peace.
Speaker 3: Thank you for your service.
Speaker 2: And just uh, it's too bad.
Speaker 4: We'll do the power trip morning too. H Fan five after this. Also walk us through that more after this on the fan.
Speaker 2: Man hang out with Justin go meat, Sauce, Max Parker, and Me at Hop House. At Bracket Bash watch parties on March nineteenth and twentieth. You can catch the games and score giveaways like sixty five inch TVs both days. Get the full details today at KFA dot com. Keyword Calendar, Bracket Bash, Bracket Basha basketball guy.
Speaker 1: I am I actually college basketball. I am one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: In fact, I've been watching have you a lot of National Basketball Association stuff too lately?
Speaker 7: Really lose a bet?
Speaker 3: I did? Hi Parker, Hi Hawk missed you man? Yuck? You look goody might want to stay away from milk?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 3: Is it your tummy?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And now it's uh, it's gonna be everybody else's tummy just for walking.
Speaker 3: With somebody else's problem, right.
Speaker 4: I don't want to say where I was yesterday, but I walked into the bathroom somewhere yesterday and I swear it smelt like horse manure. And there's that's the only way to describe it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What's going on on the other side of this stall because I was at a urinal, but I'm like, this whole bathroom legitimately smells like a barn would have been a great barn.
Speaker 7: A great play for you, as if you had sat down and went BoJack. Is that you?
Speaker 4: But that's the thing is, I have no idea if the person that was creating that was still there, you know, if it was just yeah, five minutes.
Speaker 3: Before, who knows. But the whole I'm like, what is this?
Speaker 4: This is this sounds I mean, it smelled like when you walk through the birth exactly, the State.
Speaker 7: Fair Miracle of Birth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was talking about the actual farm, the horse barns or the cow barns. It smelled like that. Like, there's no way a human made this smell. What is going on? I gotta get out of here. And there's no chance that guy washed his hands, no chance, just took a huge horse dump and moved on.
Speaker 3: Man. Man, that's the.
Speaker 7: Kind of place if you're a janitor, you walk into and then you just quit.
Speaker 3: You quit, you quit about it.
Speaker 4: I know Vikings News is next segment, but man, so they just said something that maybe most people think is obvious. But Lewis Ritick, who's on ESPN the boxing, Uh yeah, was just was just trying to argue that if if the Vikings go with Kyler Murray, that is the equivalent, that is a true pulling of the plug on JJ McCarthy. I agree with you, it sounds obvious, but you know, on paper it might not be because it's not necessarily Well, you're trading for mac Jones, so you're going to send the Niners JJ in returner like you're not literally getting rid of JJ overwhelmingly he would be your backup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, yeah, you bring Kyler in, JJ's your backup.
Speaker 4: Ridick was trying to argue, whether or not JJ's on the roster, you are pulling the plug on the McCarthy experiment if you bring Kyler Murray in.
Speaker 7: Yes, and what ten games in In some ways, if if they believe that what they've seen out of him, he's nowhere near it, it might be the kindest thing they could do to him. It might save his career, to make him a backup for a couple of years and take that pressure off of him. Really, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe Kyler how twenty Yeah, that's what I mean. That is twenty seven, twenty eight. I think when the season starts, that is you're it's he's thirty eight. Yeah all right, hey, all right, I can't make fun of body.
Speaker 4: Okay, Kyler Murray is twenty eight will be twenty nine in August?
Speaker 3: Okay, Kyler.
Speaker 5: Thoughts yes, no, indifferent. It's always fun to see his big head running around the field. That's like one of my favorite SIGs. Have you ever seen like the memes of Like his helmet is just like so big compared to his.
Speaker 3: Body, and it's just funny when he's running around.
Speaker 5: The field and then people people make edits and make it look bigger, and it's just.
Speaker 4: It looks like he was wearing a Guardian cap before the Guardian.
Speaker 7: Have you ever seen Sauce ride in the Horse?
Speaker 4: Oh God, I have that picture saved somewhere in my phone.
Speaker 7: My second favorite picture I've ever seen on this show.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 3: You know you still have those? Yeah? Yeah, I got to see that pic.
Speaker 7: Oh, you want to see the sauce pig. You don't want to see the other one.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see.
Speaker 4: I feel like all of the options we've we've discussed, like we've been saying the last couple of days, I'm going to stand by this, Like if you say Kyler Murray or Barry Kyogan, I'll say Kyle Kyler Murray. I'd rather have Kyler over Aaron Rodgers. I'd rather have Kyler over Gino Smith. Yeah, I mean I don't think i'd rather have Kyler over Daniel Jones. But Jones is going nowhere they tagged him. But even before that, I think that was pretty unlikely. You know, the Anthony Richardson thing was an absolute flyer, and I admitted I didn't think that was gonna work. Kyler's better than Anthony Richardson, but that's that's an absolute shot in the dark flyer.
Speaker 3: And this is less risk.
Speaker 1: There is almost no risky Kyler Murray is less risk and cheaper than Anthony richards I agree, Yeah, I just don't know what it means for like, like, if you get Kyler Murray here, is it just another well we think we can be decent with him, and again, you don't want to be in the middle. No, you either want to have You either want to bring in a guy that you legitimately think can be your franchise guy for the next five years.
Speaker 3: And win consistently.
Speaker 4: Or that's why I wasn't opposed to the JJ McCarthy Anthony Richardson plan. That's almost assuredly going to fail unless one of them finds magic. So you either have a super high ceiling and somebody busts out, or they're terrible and now you're picking in the top five and then you can get your quarterback.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I think Murray gets a to the middle, which is not ideal.
Speaker 7: Well, I'd like to believe that Koc if he makes this move with with mister Brasinski, doesn't believe that. I don't. I think that they believe that he's got enough to offer and his his you know, he's had some great years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know he has.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 5: We need there's just so many pieces that need to work with it too. Running back another wide receiver probably agree. What do we do with tight end? I agree? So I don't know, But Kyler seems fun. Yeah, you do a lot of it. You can do a lot of things offensively with loves.
Speaker 7: Playing video games. Yeah, yes, you just wait till GTA six comes out and we all play it's Kyler comes over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be fun.
Speaker 4: What if it does come out in November and he's just like on a MVP case, he hasn't thrown an interception yet, He's like twenty seven touchdowns, no picks. He's nicely the greatest quarterback that's ever lived. And then GTA six comes out and we lose our last six games.
Speaker 7: What if the Packers and the Bears and the Lions. I'll send him different copies of.
Speaker 3: The game'd be brilliant. That would be.
Speaker 7: Pretty funny with it. Why do you keep getting packages from the Packers?
Speaker 4: They pay Rockstar Games to send him like the beta version, so he gets hooked on it during training camp and completely derails the entire season.
Speaker 3: Hey, can I ask you guys a football question? Can't wait? If you had to take.
Speaker 1: One quarterback in this division, it's Caleb right.
Speaker 3: M Like, right now, Jordan Love?
Speaker 5: Do you think I was going to say Jordan's Maybe Caleb's so talented though, I think I think when you look from an upside perspective, probably Caleb. Good question, but I do think Ben Johnson deserves a lot of credit for what we saw from Caleb last year.
Speaker 3: But I don't know the pr stuff would be fun with Caleb. Zach, you' sticking with JJ? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm riding JJ Tully. Wow, you're you're going to get a restraining Yeah, you at least getting emails. Yeah, it was poor phrasing. No, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 3: You're riding with That's not much better either.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we should hit the sports thing.
Speaker 8: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around.
Speaker 7: You want to number tech deck building contractor? Where do you go? Kick a night seven?
Speaker 3: Real quick? Because I don't think you're gonna mention it?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: Nobody really?
Speaker 1: Max Brosmer on Let's Play Hockey yesterday? Electric is a wonderful job, not even a bit aside. Just killed it the system, the boys.
Speaker 3: Oh why did he do that?
Speaker 7: Yep, he got he was confused. He thought he was Let's play basketball.
Speaker 4: M Zach Fallness was texting me though, he said Brosemer did an awesome job.
Speaker 3: But then they couldn't find you for like ten minutes. Where were you? It's none of your business? Next to hawk net A dyet Coke was.
Speaker 1: The Wolves beat the Grizzlies one seventy one ten for their fourth straight win and ten forty one in the victory. They battle the Raptors tomorrow at seven pm. Your Wolves in it at the fourth seed Parkers. You see where Sauce was sitting at the game?
Speaker 4: Wow, have your feet on the hardwood? Was it Kurt Bills right next to Kurt Bill's Yeah? Me and comfortable spot. Huh very comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Lexus Club isn't bad either, not bad. No, Yeah, that's a it's a good deal.
Speaker 5: I think the court side is like, and I've done it, I've got to do it a couple of times too. It's uh, it's it's it's an experience.
Speaker 3: It's unbelievable. Yeah, it's unbelievable just to see.
Speaker 5: I think people don't realize like how big and strong some of these guys are and like to see the size of like their feet, like Karl Anthony Town's feet had size like twenty one feet or twenty feet are huge. Yeah you got it. Yeah, there you go. But no Wolves took took carrabusiness us. It's one of those games. We have won three straight and you got to start really like.
Speaker 4: It was going to be one of those times where they just stumbled against a team with nobody well and we've kind of seen it all year from the Wolves.
Speaker 5: Is when you're playing lesser opponents, inferior opponents, and you're not taking care of business, it's you need to get bailed out by Anthony Edwards and you can't. I don't think you can go over eighty two games and continue to to live like that. So I think, you know, other guy's got to step up, especially as we go down the stretch here. But I think it just shows how how great of a superstar Anthony Edwards is. He's gonna win Clutch Player of the Year, and uh, we're lucky we have him by our side. But Thursday is gonna be a good one. I will have my feet on the hardwood Thursday.
Speaker 3: Oh hell yeah, yeah, your teammate place for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, one of my my best buddy, James Battle will be in my wedding the whole bit. So sweet dude, I'm gonna have to have a little Raptor's pride on me.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I am a I am a wolf skuy.
Speaker 7: Watching is that like a rapper's delight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for the raptors to light.
Speaker 1: Watching Anthony Edwards play basketball is sweet. It's he takes over when he gets game was awesome. Yeah, what a take. It's not a good gotten dammit. It's fun to watch.
Speaker 3: The got his pal.
Speaker 4: What a can't he gets this a courtside in a Wolves game? How was the game?
Speaker 1: Watching him play is great, but it's not it's an ex You have to witness.
Speaker 3: How great he is to do that. It's available everybody for you.
Speaker 5: It's one of the coolest parts to is when he gets the crowd.
Speaker 3: Involved as well. It's fun. Jesus, Crime and the Wild beat the Lightning five to one.
Speaker 1: You can't guys any word I say it.
Speaker 3: I just get hammered. What did you want for me? They won? They beat a bad Grizzlies team. It was cool to watch Anthony Edwards play basketball.
Speaker 4: That's my takee The jelly beans are good.
Speaker 7: I would I don't know. I didn't made upset you.
Speaker 3: You did so I did? We all laugh?
Speaker 1: Why is it me?
Speaker 3: Because I would love it?
Speaker 7: If what's Alex's last name? Alec Alec Lewis was sent to the Vikings Packers game and he came back. He said, what do you think Alex watching other Grenard players?
Speaker 6: Sweet?
Speaker 4: What do you think of Lambe?
Speaker 3: Watching football? Is fun? It is.
Speaker 7: I'd like to go out with you guys, but I gotta write my story.
Speaker 3: How long is.
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 4: Do you guys see the headline Alec Lewis and football is fun? But it's behind a paywalls? Why you didn't get to hear why it was so much fun? Why would you click on it?
Speaker 3: I'm not paying for that. No hawk pays for it. Nobody pays for this, right, yes.
Speaker 7: Right price.
Speaker 1: Zacho the Wild beat the Lightning five to one. They snapped their two game winning streak. I got goals from faber, Zukarello, Trendion, ten In, Quinn, Hughes and Caprice. He got an empty net, one to hold direct. I get only one not on his list. I the game, great analysis. I thought it was a great game. You mentioned all the different goal scorers. That was cool for Caprizo could have had like three more if he didn't hit the iron so much. Yeah, man, it works, it works, and yeah, he is now the leading scorer in Minnesota Whila his wild history. Yeah, that was awesome and great atmosphere, great crowd. It was a late late night and they still packed that place. And so yeah, Ano, they're back on the road for a couple of tough ones, just just a tough stretch. But they just took that one of the best teams in the league in the lightning last night. Like no reason to think they can't go down to old b Harp's place on Friday night and take care of business in Vegas.
Speaker 3: I didn't know people called Brian Harper b Harp. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do, like they do, Okay. I was like, man, I missed out on the nickname the last twenty plus years.
Speaker 3: What's he do for them? Yeah? Oh sweet, he does a lot.
Speaker 7: He does what he what he did here on steroids?
Speaker 3: But can he use fire? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Can you use Indiana Schliz not anymore? Man, the NHL band that years ago? Well, speaking of that, how about that dude? Yes, what's wort baseball?
Speaker 7: He got knocked out of the season for the second season a row for taking peds.
Speaker 3: That guy loves steroids. What did he take? Do we know? Is it not pas?
Speaker 7: No? No? I take to be different, Yeah, a different granted was Royds, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean something. Yeah, they're appealing it.
Speaker 2: Uh pro far Jackson profar text and tested positive or ex exogenous testosterone and it's table lights.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean Doug and Frank Thomas take it. Why can't he?
Speaker 7: What if this guy's balls are just working overtime? Yeah, and he can't help it.
Speaker 3: He's over forty. By the way, what's the step? And she'll like it too? By the way, the wink.
Speaker 2: Exitgena exogena's testosterone and it metabolites are playing that.
Speaker 1: Uh Ocean's Calling Festival in September.
Speaker 3: Yeh does he have a promo code?
Speaker 4: Man, you missed an entire season and you get right back on the juice because you can't get enough, because you can't have it.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of money to be made. You love it, though your life suspended for it? Zach O Kepler?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but only like eighty games of this first time and he'll come back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be back stronger. What would you what would you prefer?
Speaker 4: Zach that Max Kepler maximizes his baseball abilities or maximizes his testosterone.
Speaker 3: Levels, and he's got enough to Stastern already.
Speaker 7: God, he must be ready to fight all the time.
Speaker 3: Wow, and yeah, yeah, you know, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: The Gopher men's basketball team battles Indiana to nine at five thirty. The Gophers have two games left, Indiana to night and Northwestern on Saturday at eight pm.
Speaker 3: Let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 5: They went over Eucla at home this weekend. And I think it shows you the coach that Nico Madvet is. I know you've guys gotten to know them and love them as do I and I think people are really excited about the direction of the program.
Speaker 3: And they only had four players score in the game and six play.
Speaker 4: Four score so many years one years ago, you've been you've been recruited. Yeah, what's the pitch if you are if you're looking at a team that has a losing record, they're fourteen and fifteen, Yeah, seven and eleven in the Big Ten and a lot of these guys are our upperclassmen right there. We're going to lose a lot of these guys, correct, So if your Nico high, do you sell them on the vision when the cupboard is going to be pretty bare?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And it's not like this is like an NTAA tournament team. It's just a team that's probably overachieving based on their roster.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you sell it well.
Speaker 5: You got a couple guys that are leaving, You're right, but you have to start with getting Isaac Osama and Bobby Dirkin back, and the way Grayson grow has been playing as well, him and Kai Shinholster as a freshman. So you got to get those guys back. But now you get hit the portal hard and you have to probably find one or two diamonds in the rough guys that aren't, you know, getting the big offers all across the country. Maybe they're kind of sliding under the radar a little bit. So you got to find one or two of them, and then you got to put your money where your mouth is and you got to go out and get a stud. We got a diamond in the rough light kid Tyson this year. Got him for way cheaper than he probably should have made going elsewhere if you didn't have the single year at UNC coming off the Belmont here. But you have to spend money, and I think it obviously comes from the top. Right, We've talked We've talked about the nil thing on on this show enough, but it starts it starts the Dollar Mount and that's just the that's the starting conversation nowadays. But then besides that, you have to show him your offense, and you have to show him what you did offensively and how everybody can pass, shoot, score. You're going to have opportunities to play and hopefully sell them on what Gopher basketball can be because you guys saw it in the late nineties, how special it was.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so hopefully that do we sell it.
Speaker 4: Do we have anybody any high school kids in Minnesota that are on the brink of coming here that are noteworthy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got two. We got two kids. Cedric Tolmes out of East Ridge, point guard. He was the quarterback of the football team. I've actually known him for a while. I used to train him in basketball way back in the day. Which is it's crazy he's he's coming through here now, and then that he is committed or he's committed committed, Yeah, he's committed. And then the other one is I think Nolan Anderson is that right?
Speaker 3: And why is that? A kid?
Speaker 5: Big, probably six six sixty seven, lanky, stretch the floor type of kids. So they got two really good Minnesota players coming in.
Speaker 3: What happened.
Speaker 10: But that's funny. Come on, you just send us a picture, Come on you you love facing.
Speaker 4: Screenshot it because people always send me Facebook links and then I don't have Facebook, so I.
Speaker 3: Never can click the link. This is smarter. Just a screenshot.
Speaker 7: That's great. I know it's terrible, but that's great.
Speaker 3: You want to explain what it is?
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, it's a picture of our possible new quarterback.
Speaker 1: O man.
Speaker 7: Okay, alright, it's a visual joke.
Speaker 3: It's funny.
Speaker 7: Trying to make you laugh at me.
Speaker 3: I'm not mad at You'm not mad at anybody. I got over it. I got that out of my sister. She shows a lot about your mental toughness. I don't have any mental He's actually.
Speaker 7: At the Hurts Minnesota counter. That's the big thing.
Speaker 3: The Minnesota looked AI in there. If that was real.
Speaker 4: You know, Bets and Quotes, does it right? They do Quote of the Week on the on the Bets in Quotes podcast, and almost always it's because it's the funniest quotes of the three funniest quotes of the week, right.
Speaker 3: Shouldn't who?
Speaker 4: We argue watching watching Anthony Edwards play basketball is great. Also be eligible even though it's not comedic, it was still one of the quotes of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree. Watching Anthony Edwards play basketball is great.
Speaker 7: It is I should make it like the meat sauce mentioned or meat sauce something of the week.
Speaker 3: It is great observation of the week.
Speaker 1: Well, they said yesterday that they're gonna they're considering making a Minnesota only bracket next year for the PS two. So they're gonna need some Minnesota people. But it's not preposterous, Okay, it's just obvious.
Speaker 4: Kendrick Perkins for saying that Shodoor Sanders is the most powerful black man since two thousand and nine.
Speaker 3: That one's crazy. Shadour Jeez.
Speaker 4: Vikings News in the second this is the power to your morning show on the Van.
Speaker 7: Patra Monke Show, Harker Fox and casts. Thousands signed for Vikings News. But my friends of Radcot, thank you to our friends of Radcoat.
Speaker 3: Eases. All right, the biggest news is not news yet.
Speaker 4: But according to Adam Scheffer and others yesterday, the Vikings are open to trading Jonathan Grenard two seasons remaining on a four year deal that he signed in twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Four, and according to scheffer. They do want to keep them, but they.
Speaker 4: Might listen to offers. And some of it, of course, is because of the urgence of Dallas Turner. There's a lot of people said on Twitter yesterday it's you can't have him in year three in a backup role. I can think he's that good. You can't bury him behind other people's reps.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you do.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a good thing. That's the one of the positions that we have on this team that's actually deep. If you have a guy that you'd like so much, you have Jonathan Grenard in front of you, but you're worried that Dallas Turner is buried now.
Speaker 3: In year one it was the opposite.
Speaker 4: It was it felt like the Vikings used that as an excuse why Dallas wasn't playing well. Well, he got a lot of guys in front of him. It's like, yeah, but when he's in there, he's not good. And then in year two he had some moments where he wasn't doing much, but then he had like that six to seven game stretch where he seemed to figure it out and catch fire, and everybody's like, wow, what's happened with Dallas Turner.
Speaker 3: So who knows.
Speaker 4: But it sucks because Jonathan Grenard kicks ass. We all love him here on this show. He's been on our show for the last couple of years all the time, the best, awesome interview, awesome guy, awesome player. But he's expensive and we'll see if that's what ends up costing him Viking spot.
Speaker 3: So who knows.
Speaker 4: It's also weird to publicly say they're open to listening to deals. Yeah, that's gotta feel weird as a player, very different than just working behind the scenes and seeing if you can get a feeler if anybody else is interested to say, hey, we're listening. Because what if you're Jonathan Grenard and you didn't know that before you read that story. Yeah, all of a sudden, I'm a headline on ESPN dot comment. They're open to listening, not actively trading, but they're like, hey, if you want to call us about Jonathan, will listen.
Speaker 8: What a weird spot for. I mean, that's what pro athletes do, but still weird spot, Corey, I just I hate to do this on air, but I called him. They are not interested in training him for a mitospall lamber.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't blame him.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm not good, well, not not to play football for. We just want Jonathan on the radio. Oh and they couldn't accept that trap.
Speaker 3: And there's no way Dallas Turner would play behind you. Yeah, you'd get more reps. Who did you call and ask.
Speaker 7: On Debowitz?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Doctor Delewitz, he said, doctor, Yeah, he got his PhD. Congrats? Did John Diva Witz John Stewart's real name or something?
Speaker 4: I think, Hey, Sauce, you have sources. That's why you're on the Kyler Murray band right now. How do you feel about Grenard? You think he's on this team next fall or not?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: And I think it's.
Speaker 1: Simply just because of the salary cap. I just think that he wants more money and probably deserves more money. I would package him with your eighteenth overall pick and try and get up higher in the draft like that. Really call somebody like Kansas City? Who, well, I don't, I mean, you know, I'd call somebody maybe even Washington. They could use some pass rush. Von Miller's older, they're kind of an aging defense, and I would try and move up in the draft.
Speaker 3: What are you moving up for?
Speaker 1: Uh? Caleb Downs the Notre Dame running back. Yeah, love or the wide receiver from Ohio State. Do it for love or love? Isn't Kenneth Walker not getting tagged either?
Speaker 3: No, he's not.
Speaker 6: He is not.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's not. I can't afford him, but yeah, that's what I would do with him, because.
Speaker 7: He's the second round pick. If you just trade him for trade.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, I think I don't. Maybe somebody like that second round. Yeah, I think you should at least get a second round pick for him. I mean he's good. I mean he's really good, right, Like he his pressure rate was great. He just didn't finish with the sacks. But he's he's extremely well. Can you get a team maybe at the end of the first round that might want him New England?
Speaker 3: Maybe? I don't know.
Speaker 7: I think he's great. I would hate it, but I understand what you do. You gotta do financially. Mock Draft Today on Bleacher Reports says Emmanuel McNeil Warren.
Speaker 4: Safety man, please, so we can hit that? Can we even hit that butt?
Speaker 6: Anymore?
Speaker 3: Sure? Which butt?
Speaker 4: Zach shaking his head the Emmanuel themes, So sure, I'm sure dinged for that you can get man.
Speaker 7: You know, I'll sing it for you, We'll have somebody sing it, not to play it.
Speaker 3: You truly don't think we can play that. I'd rather hear huck. How long is it? Well, I mean the what thirty seconds? Maybe we have that sound, but of nice round menu, it's newsworthy. If they draft him, you can play it, Thank you, Zach. But what about every time we mentioned him after that for the rest of time? I mean, you can play that, Emmanuel, and then it's got a we know the universe, we know about it. Parker has no idea what we're talking about. Then, oh, great show? Yes, I mean you knew you were a documentary once that show?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sweet, it was a documentary.
Speaker 4: But it was before the world had NonStop access to whatever you wanted. Back in the day, you had to hope it was on cinemax.
Speaker 3: Did you watch it a lot?
Speaker 6: A lot?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: She was the queen of the universe, and she spread comdia throughout.
Speaker 3: The Milky Way. And that was not a euphemism. I meant the galaxy.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll show you the Milky Way.
Speaker 4: So Parker, it's you know, you're probably thinking yourself, well, this sounds like graphic and disgusting pornographic and sinful now really what it was though it was a science experiment. She wasn't doing it because she was just some Indiana lives. She was doing it because she was studying human behavior and human sexuality. She was like beauty, Okay, yeah, she had to figure it out human behavior, just like my last year of Minnesota when I was in sexual pleasures in intimacy, exactly in Tibetan medicine, the same thing. She probably dabbled with Tibetan medicine when she was visiting Earth.
Speaker 3: And then she was in a Liar Liar? What part was she in Liar Liar? Hawk?
Speaker 4: She well beck out, Krista Allen was like one of many Emanuels.
Speaker 3: It was like bond. It was like, who's going to be the next Emmanuel? What did she discover?
Speaker 4: I think a paycheck and a lack of clothing her name because she was famous for.
Speaker 7: A second Yeah, man, she was famous for a second relax, more.
Speaker 4: Famous as the gallon, the elevator and Liar Liar than Emmanuel, but still some of us knewer as both.
Speaker 7: It's because you got a huge wreck.
Speaker 4: That's such a great scene. Everybody's been really nice. It's because you got huge drugs. You know, it's seen Parker or not adult. We'll show you during the break. It's hilarious. It's a it's Jim Carrey. If you you haven't seen Liar Lion, no, you know the plot of his his son. His son makes a wish that his dad can't lie. Oh and it comes true. So for twenty four hours, everything he says is one percent the truth. That's Jim Carrey. Yeah, very's funny, funny, random fact that the Overnight people know. But the Overnight show Ben Maller on our show, his producer, Justin Cooper is the kid from Liar Liar. Wow, so the kid from Liar Liar grew up and now was on this station five nights a week.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly. That's a great idea. I can't believe in never Vegas. I'd love to meet him.
Speaker 4: Get Justin Cooper in Ben malla out there. Yeah, yeah, why not watch him make out. I wonder how much he gets in residuals from Liar Liar.
Speaker 3: I think they ask him about it all the time.
Speaker 1: And I think Liar Liar for a while was on Netflix and I think he said he made like fifty bucks.
Speaker 7: Said he traded his residuals just to see that lady's cuters.
Speaker 4: You were saying the Manuel might get drafted by the Vikings. Yeah, that's how we do Vikings news. That's why the show couters. Well, I've never seen a guy play. I'd rather talk about Ammenuel. They had a theme song too.
Speaker 3: Parker, Okay, I'm gonna look at him in the galaxy.
Speaker 1: You know when you look somebody up and then it says other people like with a connection. Was Jennifer Tillian and a Manuel movie? Ye had no idea, Hilly, Oh what do you like about her?
Speaker 3: Hawk? Well know, she also was in Liar Liar. That's why she was the main gal in the court case.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly, she was the one.
Speaker 3: What did you like about her? She's a great actress. Yeah, she's an actress.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she is a p ice takes poker, yeah she does. And she inherited a lot of cash from somebody who she was married to, somebody or somebody who passed away.
Speaker 3: Simpsons, Sam Simon, Jennifer, that's exactly.
Speaker 1: On an episode of Housewives, they basically like ask her like where do you get all that money? And she's like when we got divorced, my husband gave me a piece of the Simpsons.
Speaker 4: She obviously was an actress, right, she was in the movies and liars. She it's not that she didn't work, but she got the vast majority of her money. She says, buys her like snacks and whoa.
Speaker 3: Snacks. Now she's with the Unibomber.
Speaker 7: No, not that one, gky ganky.
Speaker 3: Who is she going to Phil Lack? Yeah, exactly, she was Celian.
Speaker 1: I know she's Celian monsters in she's breaking my heart.
Speaker 3: She's got a super unique voice, so that's so cool.
Speaker 7: She has a one and a triggering face and a great set.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jesus, the milk treats christ and very strange ways.
Speaker 3: She's describe her or not man, Yeah in descriptives.
Speaker 4: Learning a lot about Jennifers, Stuart Little Yeah, yeah, she's outstanding.
Speaker 3: She's on Real Housewives of Beverly Hill.
Speaker 5: She lives in her crew's got as it does here where it's warm.
Speaker 3: Oh sweet.
Speaker 7: I'd also like to see your topless dude relaxed.
Speaker 3: Why did.
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 11: Man, you my hands are busy. What you don't need two adds back to for a second, you made that too real?
Speaker 4: Back to for one second, isn't it isn't it like almost the fact that he's even on the trading black block?
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 4: Isn't it like one more like X on the Quazy resumes if if we put together a roster where it's so poorly put together that he's now in trouble, Yep, that's wrong because he was one of the home runs for a Quasy is that you found him off the you know, the trash heap in Houston. It's like, hey, why don't we give them? In essence, we'll give them Daniel.
Speaker 3: We'll take.
Speaker 4: This guy that we had never heard of, Jonathan Greenard, and we all praise Quazy for finding or Flores for finding this awesome under the radar dude. And now two years later, because of the roster you built, we have to maybe let him go.
Speaker 7: That sucks and not even close to being performance based. No, no, And I know the money will help so very much, but it shouldn't be money related related either, because it's not like he makes ex player money, you know what I mean? Like I can't think of a great player in his position late makes a lot of money because I don't know sports max Cross. Okay, but it's not like he makes Cosmes.
Speaker 4: He deserves Cosby's money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cosby doesn't deserve it. Yeah, I give it to Gernard Man. I don't know. I hope he doesn't get traded me too.
Speaker 7: I'm hoping it's awful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 1: I think they're gonna have to And then the other hot rummer is they're gonna hang on to TJ.
Speaker 3: Hockinson. It's got to be massively restructured, of course.
Speaker 1: But when we the like the day after the season when you asked Lee, were about all those guys that he said zero, it's just over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think because then the contract number makes it zero. Unless you dramatically change the number, you can't keep him.
Speaker 1: Zero zero, I mean, yeah, which all I mean they got to be under the cap a week from today.
Speaker 7: You need to stop smoking bowls.
Speaker 3: What what was the lesson you actually smoked a bowl man? That's a great question. Probably two years ago. Where was that?
Speaker 1: Probably on the uh yeah, pre Louis and on the veranda of a nice room.
Speaker 3: I had at cause asked Dills stop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you didn't have to.
Speaker 3: Use the word for random, said port exactly outside out zich. I never heard the word was outside there the terrace.
Speaker 4: Shall we go outside and smoke a bowl?
Speaker 3: Oh god, you're not going to use that bowl.
Speaker 7: It's fun chunnel.
Speaker 3: You probably have some fancy word for front row seats to what is that called? Uh? I just front roast seats. Being pedestrian like the rest of us.
Speaker 4: He's going to borrow.
Speaker 7: He's been sitting courtside his whole life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was on the court for most of his life. For Parker, this is a downgrade. He's getting further away from the action, moving back.
Speaker 7: It's hard for me to go to a cont and watch the band and not want to be on stage. Is it hard for you to go to a basketball game and not want to jump off the Yeah? Yeah, it's tough. It's tough. You missed like the you just missed, like the moments of.
Speaker 5: Being with the guys and like fist bumping, giving knucks, handshakes, yeah, hugging.
Speaker 12: Shower hugging, yeah, Amanda, hugging kids, bath trips, right, nice hotels, then want heated rivalry.
Speaker 3: Then on your wildest dreams, Hey Hawk, sex and the city. Right?
Speaker 4: Oh, did you think you were a did you think you were like a carry or a veranda?
Speaker 3: Which one's like hawk? What's the Samantha. I think they don't like that you cried at the second film.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, that one really liked it, though she's definitely in the a schlep.
Speaker 7: You gotta saying it's okay, you make it.
Speaker 3: Well, you should open mouth hiss somebody. What's wrong with that?
Speaker 4: It's a really nice thing to do.
Speaker 3: Man, you just said nice do it.
Speaker 4: I know you tried to like take a shot at him by saying, please go make out with somebody and enjoy the day.
Speaker 7: I appreciate the offer.
Speaker 3: Some good things for hockey.
Speaker 7: I want you to jump off the veranda.
Speaker 3: Why it cause an earthquakes? I wanted you would have said it if it is.
Speaker 7: The first floor, even that's not enough speed.
Speaker 3: I hope you get punched by King Kong after they make out. You're Did somebody put them up passe? Did somebody hit pozzle sauce? I don't know what happened? Hold on, hold on, I sat on the remote sauce up there in the veranda. US is a click part two fish bowl.
Speaker 4: Oh you have the blacio of ut right into the fountains.
Speaker 7: Yeah click part two little click.
Speaker 3: Oh. I thought it was an earthquake, not a tsunami that would cause both.
Speaker 11: Oh both, Thanks Gary, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 3: What's next?
Speaker 7: Ball?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, this show's dumb.
Speaker 4: Uh. We had a gold medalist coming in and I'm like, thirty many let's go Taylor. Heis, he should be here shortly. We'll do fan five, doing a second headlines later, Taylor later. This is the power to wanting show on the face.