Speaker 1: And an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talker. It's Game four of the NLCS and rejoined right now by a man that was found by the Dodgers in the Dominican Republic. His brother Ramon. One of the great pictures of the nineties, and of course he's a Hall of Famer and does a great job for TBS. That's the one and only Pedro Martinez. Pedro, awesome to have you at Dodger Stadium. Always special to see you here.
Speaker 2: Uh, it is an honor to be here, back where I I was developed to be uh, to be honest, and uh, where I made my debut. A lot of uh, you know, memories in here, A lot of great memories and one nuts of great which was having to leave the Dodgers. I remember crying like a baby because I didn't know what what I was gonna do. Actually, I was so young. I didn't know what to expect, what the future will hold for me. And uh, but now I'm glad I findly mature and I understand that baseball can also be in business as well.
Speaker 1: No doubt, you had a great career, a Hall of Fame career, and you talk about maturity and changing teams and learning how to grow. When you had that postgame interview with Blake Snell the other day, he really appreciated the questions that you had for him and how much growth have you seen in him?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm really impressed with his growth right around us in front of our eyes, and I wanted to ask him because I see him slow elite. It's such a player that it's intriguing to actually get to know Blake Snell. Blake Snell is one of those rare breed of players that you can actually say has everything that you want to see in the picture and then the area that he asked for the big moment. I played for eighteen years and in a lot of postseason games, but to see a guy that can be so dominant, uh during the postseason. He's a rare breed of player. He's a rare breed and and I think that's a guy that everybody should should be keeping an eye on to see how everything just comes around for him.
Speaker 1: He has a great change of You had a great change of do you see any similarities on how he uses it? Because he was really excited about the fact that he had three different speeds for his changehog.
Speaker 2: I was the same way, but for some reason for him it seemed like it came later than it did for me. But the way he's using it now, it's actually scary because I'm gonna say this for the first time. I still think he's got a pace to improve and to become better, which is really really impressed from a guy like Blake Snell. I think Blake Snell still has a little ways to go when it comes to developing everything he has. I think he's gonna have some space to improve even more his location. I think his change up is gonna get even better than it is. I think he's fat ball. He's gonna learn how to locate better, which is scary to think. As good as he is, he still has ways to go when it comes to improving everything he is and what he can do.
Speaker 1: That's great words from a Hall of Fame Pitcher Dodger Sweep Tonight Pedro.
Speaker 2: I believe they could. But once again, today is the anniversary of the Red Sox coming back on the Yankees, and I was part of it, so I refuse to say this is our last day. But the Dadgers are in very good position to actually finish it today.
Speaker 1: Thanks a lot for the time, Patro. You do a great job. On TBS we watch for Pedro.
Speaker 2: Thank you well, thank you so much, Thank you for having me.