Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue. It's not fair are making plans again.
Speaker 5: It's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday, July the tenth, as your back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers at a home for the final weekend before the All Star Break as they play host to the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Dodgers a fourteen and a half game lead in the division. They sit at sixty one and thirty three on this season after a series win against the Colorado Rockies. The Dodgers had a day off yesterday. Back at it tonight. What was supposed to be Show Hey Otani Night, instead Show Hey Scratches the starting pitcher. More on that coming up. Kyle Hurt will serve as the opener. First pitch from Uniclo Field, the Dodger Stadium is coming up at seven to ten. Over the next sixteen minutes, we got a lot to get to here on Morago Casino Dodgers on deck. David Vasse is going to join us. Throughout the hour, we'll hear from Charlie Steiner. Of course, we got your Dodgers magical moments. We got, of course, your injury report, and we're gonna get the pregame thoughts of the manager Dave Roberts find out more on what is happening. Was show a Otani in just a few minutes out to the kalpin Ford broadcast booth with Tim Neverett and Rick Monday.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 7: The Dodgers off yesterday.
Speaker 6: On Wednesday night, they wrapped up a stretch of thirteen games in thirteen days. Rookie Sasaki got the start, a young right hander looking to finish off the first half of the season.
Speaker 7: On a positive note.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, the Rockies went with a rookie right hander in Gabriel Here, making his first major league start on Wednesday, and he got into trouble early, loading the bases in the bottom of the first with one out. A wild pitch scored the first run of the game, Dodgers up one to nothing. Two batters later, Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 8: A ball on a strike two gone Tucker awaits lines went into left field, dropped in fut help Vicky Mooniac.
Speaker 7: Two runs come on in.
Speaker 1: First is Freeman, Then it's bets.
Speaker 7: Now the Dodgers lead three and another.
Speaker 6: Two runs single for Kyle Tucker. Dodgers with three runs of the first off Gabriel, who hughes a three to nothing lead. Hughes, though, would settle in retiring the next fifteen straight Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Before Max Bunsei doubled into the sixth.
Speaker 6: Sasaki, meanwhile, with the leads slowly gave it away, served up two solo home runs of the second, and Mickey Moniac sac fly tied the game in the third. Sasaki would end up going six innings. Sasaki would end up giving up three runs on four hits while ranking out five along the way. The Dodgers and the Rockies remained tied until the eighth inning, when Colorado loaded.
Speaker 7: The bases against Alex Vesia.
Speaker 6: Eduardo Henriquez came in got Kyle Carrols to fly out to end the threat to the bottom of the eighth they went. The Dodgers offense got something going back to back singles from Tommy Edmond and Freddie Freeman that brought up Mookie Bets.
Speaker 2: The three to two pitch bet swings base hets center found Edmund Scars, Dodgers take the lead for Mookie Bets. That is the thirty second go ahead run batted in on the eighth inning or later in his career. He is in the top ten in that category among active.
Speaker 9: Hitters and three terrific at bets, three hints, all three with two strikes.
Speaker 6: How about that Mookie moment delivering an RBI single up the middle, Dodgers a four to three lead on Wednesday. That's the top tier play of the game, brought to you by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less reliever Tanner Scott retired side in the ninth or and is thirteen saved. Dodgers get to win, take two or three from Colorado. Win number sixty one on this season. After a day off, back added Tonight's final series before the All Star Break as Kyle hurt Is the opener against Eduardo Rodriguez and the Arizona Diamondbacks. First pitch at seven ten and with more, we head out to the Galloping four broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Nevert and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, Tim, thanks very much. Another beautiful night here at Unicolo Field at Dodgers Stadium for National League action as the Diamondbacks come in to take on the Dodgers. Dodgers sixty one and thirty three and a season high fourteen and a half games above the Diamondbacks and the standings. The Dodgers have won sixteen of their last twenty two, which has tied the Miami Marlins for the best record since mid June. Anytime. The Diamondbacks forty six and forty seven, they've lost eleven of the last eighteen. Coming off a four game split with San Diego Tonight, and Wardo Rodriguez will pitch for Arizona the left. He is seven and three with a two and a quarter ERA. Kyle Hurt will be the opener. He'll start tonight, make his second career start. He has twenty four scoreless outings in thirty one appearances. He's three and one on a four five five ERA. Why is Kyle Hurt starting? Because show hey Otani isn't That is the top story today, the fact that Otani is going to skip this start. He's also going to skip the All Star Game. He will dh these three games this weekend, but he will not be participating in the Midsummer Classes.
Speaker 9: No, he will be in the lineup tonight as the designated hitter and lead things off. And Dave Robertson asked about an hour and a half before a ballgame, what is the status of show Hey Otani, and he said, well, it's the left knee that's an issue, and it continues to swell. There's a build up of fluid. He will have the fluid drained on Sunday. They've got it precisely figured out. He's not going to fly to the All Star Game either. They did not want him getting in the airplane with altitude possibly the swelling on top of that. So as far as no extra pressure is put on that knee, as far as his stress and strain as the hitter, Otani will remain in the lineup.
Speaker 2: And the next question is what about after the All Star Game? Where does he fit in? Well, Dave roberts said he didn't know where he'll slot in just yet. In terms of the starting rotation. He will be there at the plate leading off and as the DH but they can recalibrate the rotation afterward. Because the Dodgers have six starters, they've got a lot of flexibility and they might put him off a little bit later just to give him some extra rush.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's up in here.
Speaker 9: Meanwhile, the Dodgers have the ball games to win, and they won seven of the last ten ball games on top of it, So a little bit different lineup. Tommy Edmund who's really been hitting the ball very well, will move up in the lineup. Miguel Rojas will also be in the lineup tonight, and Dults and Rushing returns to the starting lineup behind the plate.
Speaker 2: So as far as Eduardo Rodriguez goes, he has been tough against the Dodgers this year, So the Dodgers have to find a way to get some run against them. He's only allowed two runs, one of them earned. Where do they get their runs against the all star left?
Speaker 9: Well, we're going to find out if the Dodgers have been made able to manufacture some runs. In fact, they've scored one hundred, make that four hundred and ninety eight, they have allowed just three hundred and thirty four. So there's a big, big disparity. If you look at Arizona, they have allowed more runs than they have scored. But this is a new challenge here tonight, and there's no question that teams behind the Dodgers, every one of them in the Western Division, trying to knock on the door and close the gap. And before that's a big gap.
Speaker 2: Fourteen and a half, five and a half out in the wild Card for the Diamondbacks, that's their their best hope at this point in time. For the Dodgers are cruising along here in the National League Western Division at Wider Ron Rigez, Kyle Hurt. Those are your starting pitchers tonight as we get set for National League Western Division battle here at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 6: Tip all right, thank you guys, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor as order your Shaky's pizza.
Speaker 7: You're chicking in Mojo's right now. Dot Com.
Speaker 6: We're off and running here on Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on deck. Coming up, you're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts more on this show. He Otani knee being drained and what does it mean for the second half of the season.
Speaker 7: We'll check in with David Vaz.
Speaker 6: Say we dive deeper to this pitching matchup in this series opener now bullpen game for the Dodgers.
Speaker 7: But up next your Otani rewind as.
Speaker 6: We lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks from the Ravine. I'm Tim Kase, thanks for being with us, and you're back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Well, this is Morongo Casino Dodgers on.
Speaker 1: Your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night, first of three from the Ravine. As the Dodgers go with Kyle Hurt as their opener and Wardo Rodriguez the venture left hander, we'll go for the Snakes first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind Well Show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani at a quiet on Wednesday, he was zero for four with a couple of strikeouts, now hitting two ninety on this season. Good news is it's a team game. The Dodgers won the game four to three thanks to Mookie Betts, who had to go ahead RBI single in the bottom half of the eighth Indian and afterwards caught up with Kears to Watson, Mookie.
Speaker 10: Let's go straight to that. At that you were down in the count. You battled though, just brinding to get to that ninth pitch and which you ultimately got the result. What were you just looking for? What was your approach there to get to Senstela?
Speaker 11: Early in account, I was trying to drive it just to make sure we got the run in, and once I got down, it was just here a battle, put it in play and just see what happens. I was able to thousand pitches off and I got one that.
Speaker 7: Uh oh, I got one that. Uh.
Speaker 11: I mean, I was able to put a good swing on and I'm glad it went fair.
Speaker 7: I hit enough foul balls that at.
Speaker 10: That there's obviously a lot of familiarity there. But is there anything you were able to take into your bat from what you were looking for, whether it's from Tommy or even Freddie who were in front of you tonight.
Speaker 7: No, I mean him.
Speaker 11: I faced him a bunch of times, but out of the bullpen, you know, it's a little different, and so he the way he pitches a little different. So that's really my first time facing him out of the thin, but I mean it was really just kind of being in competition and just playing.
Speaker 10: Last night was a tough loss. Well, a lot of today was about turning the page with the row Ki Sasaki. How did you see him just grind through this outing but really get back on track after having two on there in the fourth inning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was that was huge. You know, he had a couple of stops.
Speaker 11: You know, our really in the game. I mean, it's gonna gonna happen. You know, he's still working. I mean, obviously we see what he can do, and we're all on his team. We're fighting for him, and I mean he gave us a great outing today, you know, letting him to score three.
Speaker 7: I mean we got to be able to score.
Speaker 11: More than three runs, you know, as this offense, and so he did a great job grinding through it, and uh, you know, fortunately got the win.
Speaker 7: You guys were able to support him with that in the end.
Speaker 10: Mookie, congratulations on this win tonight and the win on the series.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 7: All right, there's Karris to watch it with.
Speaker 6: Mookie Betts after his go ahead single of the eighth inning gave the Dodgers a four to three win and his series win against the Rockies. Dodgers Baseball's brought to you by Cars for Kids, the easiest way to get rid of.
Speaker 7: Your old car.
Speaker 6: Donating today, car could be picked up tomorrow. Donat now at cars forkids dot org. That's cars with a K still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll previ you this pitchy matchup. David Batsay joins us of course when up next an injury report and let's hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. Moron Otani's knee not starting on the mountain tonight, but in the lineup as a designated hitter.
Speaker 7: We'll hear from Dave Roberts.
Speaker 6: Will we continue here on the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue All season Law.
Speaker 6: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday night as we lead up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks Marongo Casino Resort and Spa a Grand Slam for good times. Kyle Hurt will be the opener for the Dodgers No show. Hey Otani on the mound, he is gonna sit it out the rest of the way till the All Star Break. He will be in the lineup as a designated here or on more on that for the manager Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: In his second first pitch coming up at seven ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers Injury.
Speaker 6: Report presented by UCLA Healthy, Official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers Well show. Hay Otani has got some inflammation in his left knee. It's gonna have it drained over the All Star break. That means he is not going to Philadelphia and will not play in the Midsummer Classic. But again he will designate be the designated hitter for the Dodgers at least tonight and tomorrow.
Speaker 7: We'll see about Sunday.
Speaker 6: Will Smith's still on the IL at the neckle inflammation and Blake trying it on the IL at the right elbow inflammation. Key k Hernandez doing baseball activities. That is certainly a good sign. He is still on the sixty day IL for another three weeks. Tyler Glass now on the IL, Blake Snell recovering from elbow surgery.
Speaker 7: He is throwing today. That is good news. And when Diaz trending in the right direction.
Speaker 6: He has thrown multiple times and in sing games, so he is trending in a return after the All Star break.
Speaker 7: Lennon Nax in Triple A Oklahoma City on a rehab.
Speaker 6: Is Simon Bank, Aspirius, Gavin Stone, Bruce dar Garatterle all out right now because of injuries.
Speaker 7: All right, let's find out more about show.
Speaker 6: Hey, o Tani the left knee as we check in with the Dodger Skipper anything else?
Speaker 12: Questions for Dave Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 5: Roberts what took place for those time When did you know that you want to be able to make the start tonight?
Speaker 12: I found out yesterday morning.
Speaker 13: Kind of talking through with our guys show. Hey, you know, he's been managing this quite well, the knee, and so if if there's a chance that we could kind of be proactive and get it drained and do whatever we need to do to kind of try to manage it, and along with the rest for the All Star Break, we were going to do that, and so to not put any more stress on it tonight, you know, throwing a hundred pitches to our pitching is in a good spot coming off and off day. We've got the four days for the break, so everything lined up, which made sense for all of us.
Speaker 12: What does this mean for the second half when you pitching it. Does it allow him.
Speaker 13: To possibly even be available for the first series of New York don't know.
Speaker 12: I don't. It's not going to change anything for the second half.
Speaker 13: As far as pitching, I'm not sure where he's going to be slotted in after the break. So that's something that we're going to talk through. We have plenty of time to talk through that. But you know that's more opponent driven and kind of all that stuff looking out what makes sense.
Speaker 12: So I can't answer that right now.
Speaker 13: But as far as like overarching, I don't think it affects the second half pitching.
Speaker 5: We're getting the knee drain, having continue.
Speaker 13: To swell up on him a little bit a little bit, but obviously the way he's swinging the bat has a really affected performance. We have certainly kurtailed the stealing bases, but he feels good obviously, and he's going to be dhing the next three games.
Speaker 14: Sort of new incidents.
Speaker 12: It will be more no this is just more of like there wasn't.
Speaker 13: It was just more of, Okay, if we have a potential opportunity to you know, nip this, let's do it and let's not try to add to it. So that's why how we came out of Wednesday's game with the pitching. We have enough pitching to cover and not take more of a toll going into the All Star break was sort of the thought the conversation, and it just made sense to everyone.
Speaker 7: All Right, there's a manager.
Speaker 6: Dave Roberts kind of been telling us more that we find out about show his left knee gonna have a drain on Sunday. Sounds like after the game and after the final game of this series against the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: So that is good news and.
Speaker 6: We'll see how it affects him making his next start after the All Star Break. Well, we continue here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check in with David Vassa leads up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks of Tim Kates' is the back to back World Series Champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: He's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night, Dodgers going with a bullpen game and Warno rod Riguez on the mound for the Snakes first pitch coming up at seven to ten. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Al Poto, born in La and made for your game day. L Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces, sauces and hot sauces right to your plate every single time. El Poto Gourmet.
Speaker 7: And McKim.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 6: All right, DV the big story showy Otani not getting the start tonight on the mound, but is in the lineup as a designated hit Explain what's going on here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dave Roberts went through the timeline. You heard it earlier today. He found out yesterday o'tanni would not be able to make the start. And look, this is something that Dodgers had been pretty transparent about that they're going to have to manage the left knee of sho Heyotani. The rest of the season. Dave Roberts was pretty candid when he said, I would say a month ago that it's not behind him and they are going to have to manage it moving forward. They managed it before his last start where they pushed him back a couple of days, and now this it makes a lot of sense. This left knee has been problematic for Otani. It's his land leg, and I thought it also is very transparent that Dave Roberts said that O'tani is going to have his left knee drained on Sunday, which probably means he's not even going to be in the starting lineup. He's missing the All Star Game, and he's pretty confident that he'll be able to pitch some point on the next road trip that goes from the Bronx to Philadelphia to Queens, New York.
Speaker 6: David has brought to you by a Ford Summer sales event. Now don't wait a hurry in for their best offers of the year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. All right, David Key k Hernandez a name we haven't heard of in a long time because of the injury. But he's progressing pretty good, isn't he.
Speaker 5: He really is. I mean, he has taken off on this homestand when we first saw him the first day here, he took batting practice outside for the first time, and now he's giving us a timeline on his return.
Speaker 4: I mean, for the most part throughout my career when it hasn't been a surgical thing, I'm a quick healer, so not necessarily surprised on that side of things. Never done an oblique before, so I really wasn't sure what to expect. But I think a lot of times with injuries, it's about more mental than anything else. And the day it happened, they told me potentially closer to three months, and I've put my personal goal to be back before August first, and it seems like it's gonna happen. So I just came in every day really focused on what I needed to do, and that's kind of how I spend my time, and it went really fast, even though it's going to be about two months when I get back.
Speaker 12: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Everything happens for a reason, and I have a family at home that I got to spend more time with and stayed in good spirits. Then try to be the best teammate that I can well, I can't help the team on the field.
Speaker 13: So.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I feel good. Obviously, I'm one swing away from having a setback. As of now, everything's progressing nicely and if.
Speaker 7: If everything goes put.
Speaker 4: In a plan, goal is to be active in the first homestand a second half.
Speaker 5: So that would be the first home stand of the second half. That would be July twenty eighth against the Mariners. The Dodgers, after a nine game road trip, will return home at the end of July, Tim, and they'll have a six game homestand against the Mariners in Red Sox. So that's unbelievable news to have keyk Hernandez coming back, on top of the fact that the Dodgers will be getting back Blakesnell and Edwin Diaz around that time as well.
Speaker 6: Speaking of pitching, you look at what Justin Robleski has done this first half of the season. The guy should be an All Star. Wasn't initially selected. Could he still possibly be going to Philadelphia in a couple of days.
Speaker 5: He could be, But I don't know, Tim, It's starting to get pretty slim as far as the chances go. Yamamoto's pitching tomorrow. We haven't heard whether or not Yam is going to be used on Tuesday. He hasn't been able to pitch in any of the two previous All Star Games he was selected to, so I'm sure he wants to. But is it something that Dodgers want him to do. I don't know. So I as Zach Wheeler, if he gets named he can't pitch, He's pitching on Sunday, so I would say the door is a crack open right now.
Speaker 6: All right, Well, hopefully the crack opens up and he can get on a plane to.
Speaker 7: Philadelphia for the All Star Game on Tuesday.
Speaker 6: No doubt he deserves it, all right, David, We appreciate it. Check Dave out on Sports and at LA Tonight. We'll continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, and when we do, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup. We'll get your Dodgers magical moment and we'll check you in with Charlie Steiner leads up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night. It's the final series before the All Star break of Tim Katson. This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers in timing back to Kyle Hurt will be the opener tonight show. EO Tany Scratch is the starting pitcher, but still the designated hitter. Eruardo Rodriguez, the veter left hander, will go for the Snakes first pitch.
Speaker 7: Coming up at sevent ten.
Speaker 2: Without a hot dog.
Speaker 3: Who wants a hot c It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment Ditch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot Dogs.
Speaker 6: Ah, we go back to nineteen seventy five, the Major League Baseball All Star Game as the American League took on the National League in Milwaukee, July fifteenth, nineteen seventy five, to be exact, a day in which Steve Garby and Jimmy Winn It back.
Speaker 7: To back home runs off Vita Blue.
Speaker 9: Consistency is the best term to describe Garby getting three eighteen eleven homers fifty six runs. There are the long drive that one's date, it is gone, it is gone.
Speaker 12: Home, play's got golf?
Speaker 2: Well one nothing late, and Garvey is making a bid won the Most Valuable Player.
Speaker 7: Award of the All Scard Game again.
Speaker 12: He won it last year.
Speaker 1: Herve, there's a high drive and the deep left road.
Speaker 2: He's backing up, backing up that one gone.
Speaker 1: That's one of kept sailing back to back home run by Dodgers Steve Garvey and Jimmy When.
Speaker 6: Kurk Gaudy on the call back in nineteen seventy five the Midsummer Classic in Milwaukee, Garvey and wind with back to back home runs off of fin of blue as the National League would go on and beat the American League by final of six to three. That Hofey magical moment brought to by Hafey hot Dogs Offy Sokow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offfey hot Dogs Local and so great way we could toe you here on Morongo.
Speaker 7: Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 6: We will check in with Charlie Steiner leading you up to first pitch.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Diamondbacks.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks. As they start a three games set from the Ravine. Kyle Hurt will be the opener, and what is a bullpen game now for the Dodgers, no show hey O Tani and Water Rodriguez, the left hander will go for the Snakes time own for the Verizon startup as we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today we welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 8: All right, Tim, this is game number ninety five and it's the one hundredth day of the season that the Dodgers have been in first place at sixty one and thirty three or season high twenty eight over five hundred, facing and Arizona Diamondbacks ball club a game under five hundred like the San Diego Padres, fourteen and a half behind the Dodgers. But one of the big story today is who's not playing show Heyo Tony scratched from the start as a picture, he will still go on as a DH. He will have his knee attended to during the All Star break. What's the big picture you see and feel about.
Speaker 9: All of this, well, Charlie, it's a good point.
Speaker 1: We all.
Speaker 9: We found out this afternoon Dave Robertson telling the media about an hour and a half ago that they decided yesterday morning that did they make contact back and forth with the physicians and with the trainers in with Otani as well in trying to figure out what was the best for show, Hey, what was the best for the team. And what they decided was, look, let's not put any more added pressure on the left knee. That's the problematic knee, that's the landing leg if he is pitching, So there has been swelling. He's going to continue getting treatment. They suggested to try and make a stolen base attempt at least right now.
Speaker 12: And they also.
Speaker 9: Disclose that he will have the knee drain from the fluid as a result of the inflammation on Sunday morning. He will not make the trip to Philadelphia. They did not want him in an airplane and really have maybe force swelling as a result of that. So for Shoeo Tani, he says he's good to go. Then, as you mentioned, he's the DH and we'll lead it off tonight.
Speaker 8: Be you sure, Karen, hit you know Otani being scratched from the All Star Game, it may well open the door for teammate Trusin Robleski.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I might. I think that everybody's kind of holding the breath to see if that is going to happen. Dave Roberts is not going to talk openly about conversations he's having with Major League Baseball, but I'm sure that that question has been asked a number of times. The other part, too, is that which kind of looks at the rosters very closely and see what's going to be happening. They have to also get updates from the opposing teams all around Major League Baseball. In the National League, Which of the starting pitchers that have been named to the All Star team are even going to go to Philadelphia? Would they even be available to pitch in Philadelphia, in particular with starting pitchers. So it's still up in air, and hopefully he's going to be representing the Dodgers. The numbers are certainly indicative of the fact that he should be in serious consideration.
Speaker 8: All right, So here's question. I really don't have any idea. How much say does a manager have in adding the last couple of players or MLB. Are they in concert with one another? How does that play out?
Speaker 9: I don't know. Is it something like the WBC that we see in the World Baseball Classic where different teams have said, look, if you're going to use my people, here's how you're going to use them, and you will not use them X number of innings over whatever number they come up with. Or are they going to be using as a pinch hitter or they using as a starting outfielder or infielder if the guy plays multiple positions. Don't really know behind the scenes what's going to happen. But Rubeski just on the numbers alone, if he's not on it, he got snubbed.
Speaker 8: And it's almost inconceivable now scratch almost it's inconceivable that he would be snubbed by Doc.
Speaker 9: Yeah, what the question is does Doc have the final say? That is a big question that we're going to be facing with. And we don't know how many starting pitchers have been named to the All Star team for the National League will actually be available, even not just to start, but even make an appearance, And we're going to find out over the next few days.
Speaker 8: So it's interesting. We're not going to see Otani pitch for a while. What a while means we won't know until he starts pitching again. But you know, he had the second lowest er in Dodger history minimum ten starts, only behind Don Drysdale in nineteen sixty eight. Well, a one thirty seven er. So he's been nothing but great as a pitcher and not too bad a hitter either, offensively two ninety twenty home runs, fifty six RBIs and a four h five on base percentage, so he could still hit, but he won't be pitching tonight or for the foreseeable future. And for the Diamondbacks and Dwardo Rodriguez goes for them, and he's had a terrific year. After eleven seasons in the big leagues, he's finally making his first All Star appearance. It's going to be a bullpen game for the Dodgers tonight. Kyle Hurt will be the opener.
Speaker 9: He's going to be the opener, and the Dodgers have to figure out Rodriguez. As you mentioned, well, the numbers are not overpowering, boh, they're good seven and three. What he does he gets ahead and counts, it's only one thirty three batting average against the lefty. The Dodgers have to figure out how they're going to do it. Nobody in the recent pass has been able to do it. Two runs or less in eleven of his last thirteen games as always allowed.
Speaker 8: Last five starts in the ERF one fifty three, and'll welcome home to Nolan Arenado, who is six hits away from two thousand. He will become the sixth player active with two thousand hits, joining Manny Mitchado, Paul Goldsfitt, Jose al Tuove, Freddie Freeman, and Andrew McCutcheon if McCutcheon is still playing. Dodgers and Diamondbacks first of three coming up.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, Charlie.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball presented by Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclod dot com, slash us still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup. We'll get you a deeper look at this keys to the game. But I'm next to go high and tight with tay Oscar Hernandez. Dodgers and Diamondbacks. First pitch of seven ten of Tim Kats is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the timing back. So first of three before the All Star break show. Eotani scratched a starting pitcher, but still in there as a designated hitter. Kyle Hurt will get the start what is now bullpen game. More on that coming up. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game night, it's group night at Shakys dot com.
Speaker 3: D and now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 7: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: We're here with the man that won the home run Derby back in twenty twenty four. That's the one and only Tioscar Hernandez. By the way, as long as Tioscar Hernandez has been here, home run Derby, All Star and two championships. So Tao, thanks a lot for the time. Always great to be with you.
Speaker 14: Thank you, thank you. For having me. It's always great to hear those achievement silence my time here. Yeah the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Okay, so none of your teammates are participating in the home run Derby, but your coach is throwing to Bryce Harper Dino Ebel. Why is he so good at helping guys win the home run Derby?
Speaker 14: I mean it feels like he went with me with me in twenty four. Last year he went with Shwarver. Yeah, for the Tidebreaker, I think in the All Star Game. So it seems like every time he throws, that player is winning the derby. So it's not a not about by Harper picking of Dino to throw in the derby. So hopefully Dina can win it, even though Harper have to win it.
Speaker 5: So since you know how to do it, you want it. What is the key to winning the home run Derby?
Speaker 14: Just you know, just turning to be simple. It's not not that hard to hit the ball out of the out of the park, especially if you have power. Just knowing yourself, you don't have some swinging hard controlling the moment, it's gonna be a key and not over swinging. So if they do that, they're gonna win.
Speaker 5: How tiring does it get? How much does it take out of you?
Speaker 14: For me, it was, you know, not bad. I'm used to swim a lot practice in the cage. Like today, I'm most sweating because, like the swingers, my routine. But it gets to you the next day. Your body feels really tired, soor farts that you've never thought it was gonna be sore because of that. But if you'll prepare, if you're ready, especially now that most of the players participated before so they know what they have to do, they make some adjustment there that I think it should be better for the players not to feel like really sore or tired at the end.
Speaker 5: Now that he's not hanging around, I think he wanted to hear you say something good about him. You are Andy Poe has his campaign manager, and this smile from ta Oscar Hernandez helped the fans get po Haz to be a starter out there. How excited are you, Frandy?
Speaker 14: I mean really happy. He's been putting a lot of hard work the past three years. Last year he was a little disappointing because I think everybody feel like he has the chance over the serve to be in the All Star Game last year he wasn't selected, but I think that make him putting more work so he have the season that he's having now. And you know he deserves to be there. He's a star, He's a superstar. He helps this team win the CHAMPI Benji last year, So happy for him, for his wife, so they can get the chance to celebrate all those things that he has done the baseball field. So thank you for one that votes for him and make him no stuff.
Speaker 5: Hey there, he is the campaign manager for Andy pater Has thanks a lot for the time tale. I know I'm not going to the All Star Game. You got a rare All Star Game off, So do you want to spend those three days together?
Speaker 14: I already have flanns, but if you were tell me before, I would have stayed here with you. I say, so, okay, yeah, I have already had flans with family and all this stuff. But I will say, you know, all right, we get to spend time here.
Speaker 5: If it falls through, I'm available.
Speaker 14: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna think about it. I'm gonna think about it all right.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'll always take a maybe from Teoscar Hernandez. We'll send it back to you.
Speaker 6: All right, thanks a lot of DV Thank you tay Oscars. We lead you up to first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Friday night. When we come back, we'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 7: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm two cases the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunt game on your.
Speaker 1: Home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Hits the Dodgers and the Timing Backs the start of a three game set final series before the All Star Break. First pitch from Uniclowfield the Dodgers Stadium is coming up at seventeen and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup brought.
Speaker 7: To you by your Toyota Dealers.
Speaker 6: We make it easy and Wardo Rodriguez on the mound for the Snakes seven and three at the two to twenty five ERA.
Speaker 7: Thirty thirty three year old left hander.
Speaker 6: Out of Venezuela is in his eleventh season already in the Big League's Red Sox Tigers, and that was thirty year with Arizona.
Speaker 7: He earned his first All Star nod in.
Speaker 6: His eleventh season in the big leagues, making his nineteen start this year. The Diamondbacks are thirteen and three in his sixteen starts before that last time out six innings, two runs, five hits, three strikeouts on a loss to the Brewers. He ranks amongst qualified National League starters in ERA second. He's also tied for second in runs allowed, with only twenty nine runs. He tossed the team leading eleventh quality start last time out against the Brewers six innings, two runs, five hits, three strikeouts and a loss to Milwaukee. Dodgers have seen him twice this season, opening Weekend than in Phoenix last month. Both outings, he allowed just one earned run but got a no decision both times out show Hey Otani was scheduled to get the start, but he was scratched because of inflammation in his left knee. That means Kyle Hurt instead will make his second career start tonight. His first was April sixteenth, twenty twenty four, a long time ago, against the Washington Nationals. It's been a key part of the Dodgers bullpen this season. The southern California native three to one with a four fifty five ERA and He's delivered twenty four scoreless innings in thirty one times.
Speaker 7: He owns a three to two.
Speaker 6: Career record with a seventy six ERA in thirty five games.
Speaker 7: So Kyle Hurt will be the opener.
Speaker 6: How long he goes, we'll find out together on what is now turned into a bullpen game in game one of this three game set against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Remember after this weekend All Star breaking, then the Dodgers will start the second half of the season in New York against the Yankees beginning next Friday. Kyle Hurt Eduardo Rodriguez the pitching matchup Game one of this three game set Dodgers and Diamondbacks. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game are coming up next.
Speaker 7: Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katsum.
Speaker 6: This is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the blue all season off.
Speaker 6: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks, first of a three game set.
Speaker 7: Show.
Speaker 6: Hey Otani scratched, Kyle Hurt. We'll get the start instead, and what is now a bullpen game Eduardo Rodriguez, the left hander, will go for Arizona. As we get you ready for the start of the game with the Sapporo Start Great moment, Start with Sapporo Beer.
Speaker 7: Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: So Poro has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Let's head back out to the booth one final time. Tim Neverrick Rick Monday, Guys.
Speaker 2: Thanks very much, Tim, getting ready for this one, as the Dodgers will send Kyle Hurt to the mild. He'll make his second career start. His first one came on the sixteenth of April twenty twenty four against the Washington Nationals. But he's been a big part of this Dodger bullpen twenty four score listennings in his last thirty one appearances. He got a win Friday against San Diego. So Kyle Hurt is the first one on the mound tonight.
Speaker 9: He'll have limited exposure as far as the number of innings, and for the Dodgers, they feel very good about the backup support because of the off day yesterday and also it was not a high usage of the bullpen prior to the off day, So yeah, it'll be Hurt and others on the mountain tonight. Dodgers have to figure out Rodriguez, in particular, when Rodriguez gets ahead in the count, he's allowed just a one to thirty three batting average against him. Does allow too many hits to begin with to nineteen for this season.
Speaker 2: Having the best season of his career, perhaps the first time All Star to twenty five as his era. He's allowed two runs or fewer in eleven of his last thirteen games, and the last Sunday got a no decision against Milwaukee's six innings he allowed just two runs, and again the Dodgers this year and two prior appearances, he has allowed two runs total, only one of them earned through eleven pitches. So the lefty Eduardo Rodriguez against the right hander Kyle Hurt, who will open tonight. The Dodgers sixty one and thirty three. The Diamondbacks are forty six and forty seven.
Speaker 6: Tip all right, first pitches next after the game is over. Yours truly's got you covered with all the postgame festivities, including Dodger Talkie as well. We get plenty of reaction after this game is over. Kyle Hurt is the opener. Showy Otani, though, will lead off as a designated hitter. Dodgers first place atop the NL West, fourteen and a half games up in the Division over. Both the Padres and the Diamondbacks are squaring off against Arizona. We'll keep you updated all night long with the Padres that are doing at home against the Toronto Blue Jays. Effect, they're already up to nothing in the bottom half of the first first pitch is next from the ravine. Kyle Hurt on the mound Dodgers and Dobby Macks and join everybody. I'm Tim kay Sis been Brongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the back to back.
Speaker 7: World Series Champion Dodgers. Audio nowhere