Speaker 1: Super duper. That's nice. Might a goo Nito gay? Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 2: It is the twenty eighth day of July twenty twenty six. Good Tuesday morning, everybody, Welcome to the Patriot Morning Show. All have a bit of a wacky Tuesday because Marni was here yesterday, Ben was not. Bonnie was here yesterday, Bonnie will be here again now, and Ben Libra will be here this morning. And we got a new Minnesota Viking safety Exciting stuff happening down as we get ready for training camp to start.
Speaker 1: So ladies and gentlemen, let's get her started. Hear some comedy.
Speaker 2: This would be Daniel Toronto talking about soccer and baseball, a little comedy on a Tuesday morning. Now, I know it's Tuesday, tires, but get own up.
Speaker 1: My name is Chris Hockey. Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 3: You're watching a lot of soccer lately. Greatest sport in the world. It is right, it's pretty much every country's national sport except for the US. We pick baseball, the only major league sport that requires the least amount of physical exertion. I'm sure when Europeans are to do soccer to Americans, we try to modify the rules. You know, we're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. You mean to tell me that we're gonna be running up and down a field kicking a ball for three hours. That's just silly, Run New Roads, no running. Half of the players will be out on the field standing did the half will be sitting on a bench because we can't have all those players and all that standing. Each player will take a turn at run it, but we're gonna create three bases to take.
Speaker 4: A break from all that running.
Speaker 3: And if you're tired of running, feel free to just slide into base. And since we'll be doing all that sitting and slide and we best make sure we comfortable.
Speaker 1: So everybody West Pajamas was sweet feat us on your side.
Speaker 4: Powers Morning Shoe, Tuesday, July twenty eighth of twenty twenty six. Can you imagine how big of a date this would have been if this was like six seven years ago and Jamal Adams was joining the Vikes And it's totally cool, but yeah, because who knows what he has left in the tank.
Speaker 1: But man, at one point, this dude was an absolute beast. Oh yeah, man, I think he was the best safety in the league, but twenty and I think the highest paid at one point. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did they move him to linebacker last year?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I read for the Raiders played all snaps at linebacker last year.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: And in the last like four or five years, last year he played every game, but the three or four years before that he was barely playing. He's just constantly injured. Yeah, go ahead, No, go ahead.
Speaker 5: Was that the first time he'd played over sixteen games? It's like twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, man, huge name, and they need depth. So what a low risk, high reward kind of a situation.
Speaker 2: And that kind of a hybrid player is the kind of stuff that flies just loves man. You know, I don't think I don't really think it. I think it says they think about Harrison one way or the other. I think this is this could be a hybrid player that plays is all over the damn play. Who knows what they'll do with this young man?
Speaker 1: Does anybody know how much it is? Though? I haven't seen that at all.
Speaker 2: You know, I looked everywhere, even in the start to be An article I read, I didn't see how much it was.
Speaker 4: The only reason I'm asking is, you know, the big name end of his career or getting closer to the end of his career because of injury. It's like, well, we don't even know what we have. Yeah, it's just Jamal Adam to see what we got. You know, a couple of years ago with Quasy, last couple of years with Quazy signed a lot of older, big name guys he bought low, right, like, coming off injury later in their career, Let's see.
Speaker 1: If they still have the magic.
Speaker 4: And almost none of them did, and almost all of them are gone, right, which is.
Speaker 1: Part of the reason why he's gone.
Speaker 4: He go this This feels like that, But I want to know is it very little money? Like, is this just an absolute flyer? Or are we paying them a good chunk of change?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 5: And to your point, this could very well just be a camp body, right. This could be Teaseley just doing a buddy of his a favor and putting him on a roster, seeing if he can stick and get those ten years in the league, right, that kind of bit.
Speaker 1: He's only thirty years old. Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 2: I know, I don't it seems like again he played every snap last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think it's a camp body.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's a it's gonna be one of those freaks that plays all over the defense.
Speaker 1: I think it's bad news for Ivan pays Well. I think, yeah, I got some things I could say about that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that wouldn't shock me.
Speaker 1: If that of the case. How about that, that wouldn't shocked freak.
Speaker 2: He's kind of a huge bitch too, sure, Yeah, that's a huge bitch.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I don't know if he is or not. He could be four foot two. I have no idea. I just wanted to say those words.
Speaker 5: It would be very interesting if he was four foot two, that would be neat.
Speaker 1: That would be yeah, that would be more than If that's the case.
Speaker 4: He has spent the better part of a decade on the shoulders of one of his buddies in a trench coat. Yeah, well played, because he looks much taller than that somebody. But he was very fast, very fast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's hard. It's hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yet even I'm looking at the ESPN story right here, no numbers are mentioned.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen the numbers. I have a hundred. It's going to be low same like one point five or like really low, exactly really low and a one year deal.
Speaker 2: Yes, but four and forty eight of his defensive snaps of linebacker last year four as as used, uh, personal deployments, personal deployments, I should say, and personal ones. And it is often have had three safeties on the field at once. So think about that.
Speaker 4: That's not a lot of snaps though either. That's twenty five twenty six a game. Yeah, yeah, right, so that's that's limited time all at linebacker though the Raiders.
Speaker 1: And they were he lived in Vegas. What you're doing, Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Needs one more year in the league to make back the money.
Speaker 4: If we could get him on the show in the next Hampla Days and Welcome home to Minnesota, we could ask him for a Vegas construction update.
Speaker 1: You know, what does he seeing it?
Speaker 5: We're not what if he says his favorite spot is the ex calendar.
Speaker 4: Cutting cutting in honesty fire Nolan Teasily. Who if you sign a guy who likes the Excalibur, then you're incompetence.
Speaker 1: But I like the ex Caliber. He hasn't hired you, Yeah no, but yeah, good point, Pops is in competent. Pop No a different one, different one. Oh Man Ripes. Yeah all right, yeah, well you know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean player, Yeah, you look at the depth at safety. It's not like he's got murderers row in front of him. Hey, listen, that's if they play him at safety.
Speaker 1: None of us last year said man, thank god we brought back Eric Wilson. True, very good point hockey.
Speaker 4: But there were also six or seven guys last year that were the exact opposite.
Speaker 1: Right, It's like, Jesus, we pay those guys. We signed Jesus we did. Wow, Yeah we did. Did you get a jersey? Not you? Rosie said no.
Speaker 4: Chris, Yes, Chris by this jersey. He's going to be here a long time.
Speaker 1: Was Christian Gomez? Right, yeah, Gomez? Did you Harlows Carlosze? Did you ever buy it? No? No, no, I'm sur president didn't. I would now. Probably he was good for a little bit, Not Carlos. Wasn't he good somewhere else? Probably Milwaukee? Yeah, Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: He had that moment where I'm pretty sure they were either up by a ton or down by it ton. The Brewers were, and he hits this moon shot and just stood at the plate and watched it. Everybody's like you're up or down whatever, and people were.
Speaker 1: Pissed about it. But yeah, hit a lot of flash to him. Yeah, by that Jersey. Yeah you should man see it by Jesus Jersey. Yeah yeah, what would Jesus do? I hope throw a no hitter. I mean the probably everybody the Twins wouldn't sign him.
Speaker 5: No, everybody in the dugout would be hammered because he'd turn all that water into wine.
Speaker 1: He didn't fit with our system?
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did that not win the preposterous statement tournament?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Did you know yesterday was National Chicken Finger Day? Sure?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did commercials for raising canes about it. Okay, National Chicken Finger Day mentioned it. We should have had some he didn't have, like a special seance.
Speaker 1: Some fingers in. Whoa yeah, man, fingers, fingers come in.
Speaker 2: That's what Rosie always says, fingers in.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you guys are so hard on him. I'm not I think it's a compliment.
Speaker 4: He's back today, he is, Oh he's no. No, he's still recovering from his his knee replacement. So last couple of weeks he's had just a really good chance to take a deep, true exhale from all of his stress.
Speaker 1: You know, kick your feet up a Rivederci payin off to Tuscany. What agreed? Can we make it state fair T shirt? Fingers in? No, can we make a state fair T shirt? Papa? Of course you would. Did we come up with any ideas yet? No? Neither. What was the one? What did Oaks say yesterday?
Speaker 4: She's holding up pretty well? Yeah, she's holding up well.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 4: I've never seen somebody truly mean a compliment so much and say it so poorly. He truly met like wow, like Amelia is stunning, but he made it sound like you're so freaking old.
Speaker 1: How do you look this good? And it's like, she's not that old, and she does look great. She looked My god, did she look good? She looked great. That a little she's the best.
Speaker 2: A little, A little, I don't know, sundress.
Speaker 1: I guess she was on.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know what it was. Yeah, I think I made her uncomfortable, maybe, yeah, I think so. I think she saw my computer screen over here.
Speaker 4: She had the cigarette in her mouth and the sunglasses, and you were like, I need a break.
Speaker 1: We got a break so I can do a lap around the building. Yeah, she's the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she got hot late, got a couple of points late to get back in it, but the ladies came up short.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is zero points for Marnie, two for Amelia. How about tennabee off? How about it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Man, so far again, I almost nothing but upset so far or unlikely winners and Chris, you play Friday?
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I gost a pretty tough lineup.
Speaker 2: It's a very tough lineup. Nordo's good, Julia, Tommy's.
Speaker 4: All of them have won in the past except for you. But Julie's only played a couple of times and she's been in the mix. Yeah, so she can win. That's why I have airs a high seed. She looks like she can really play. So I think any of the five could win.
Speaker 1: Yeah on Friday. Yeah, it could be get your hands full. Now, if I win that, I'll that'd be great. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's a chance I could go scoreless like Marstead. I just don't know.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what. There's lots going on in the world, man, there really is. There lots going on in the world. Yeah, I wonder what else is going on right now in the world. Well, there was a big earthquake in Japan. Saw that that's not good.
Speaker 2: No Prince musical that I saw is actually going to Broadway, which I was a little shocked by.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, let's just let's just cut open a vein here. Weren't the reviews like this was just amateur hour and that it's that it's not bad, but it's just like not ready, that it's got a long way to go, that it has to be revamped, and.
Speaker 2: Yes, that that's that's kind of what the overall feeling from everybody who knows musicals much better than I do, but even as somebody who's just likes them because I like them, you know, like I don't know how to make donuts, but I like them, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I was like, this just seems kind of disjointed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it doesn't surprise me that they're they're bringing it to Broadway, but they're kind of they took a year to do it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it sounds like it has a long way to go, which is weird because does that mean the songs aren't good enough, the acting's not good enough, the plot's not good enough, like what's not good enough? But everybody said it was light years away from where it should be.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remember looking down my row and seeing that one dude who likes the next really really a lot. What's that kid's name? Dude's name, movie maker likes the next one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Spike Lee Standing.
Speaker 2: I was sitting at the end of my row, and after the show was over, you could just see the look on his faces.
Speaker 1: Like, m yeah, what's that? Oh, buddy?
Speaker 2: Tornadoes yesterday in Wisconsin. Have you seen the video of that in Appleton?
Speaker 1: I saw a photo. I haven't seen the videos yet.
Speaker 2: Menasha and Appleton and Whitewater, you name it. So things are happening in the world, not just here.
Speaker 1: Break broadened out. Yeah, lightning, lightning striking all over.
Speaker 2: The worker was part of a crew that was trimming trees and Whitewater, wisconsint twenty nine year old man was working in a tree when lightning strike occurred and it killed him. A lightning strike in a tree killed him.
Speaker 1: That sucks. Yeah, I hope it's instant. Oh, it has to be, yes, right, I would think so.
Speaker 2: I would guess that it literally shocks your heart the other direction.
Speaker 1: That you don't even know what happened? Yeah, which might.
Speaker 2: Be bad too, because maybe your ghost wanders around going what the hell just happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know if you're Southern or not. Ye does? You're right? That's what I just did? Am we? You did?
Speaker 4: Patrick Swayze from nineteen nineties, goat what the hard happened?
Speaker 1: You're dead? Willy? You did? But will he was confused, He didn't know. Yeah, well, what the what the hell? Where am I?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you too that that guy was already dead from the neck up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Willie was not WILLI was hideous. Willie was. Willie was purple Rain in Minneapolis. Swayze is hopefully Purple Rain on Broadway correctly, unless you're Zach Becuzach thinks says he's dead from the neck up.
Speaker 2: As well Willie, and ghats I gotta find out who that actor is.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's thrilled. The son of a bitch. He's hideous? Is he no longer with us?
Speaker 2: I don't uh rick A viles a v I lie, Yes, he died in ninety five.
Speaker 4: Oh damn, right after the movie, like four or five years later.
Speaker 1: Well, I feel bad.
Speaker 2: Now saying that he was dead from the neck up a moment ago. It looks like, Oh, he was in Cannonball Run. Uh, he was in Godfather of Part three, Carlitos Way and water World Man.
Speaker 1: He died at forty two. He had a very distinctive face. Heart failure. Yeah, he's dead.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he was Mad Dog and Campbell Run. That's a movie from my childhood. You guys would have no idea what the hell I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: No, I know the movie, never saw it, but definitely familiar with it.
Speaker 2: There was there were two ladies in a fast car with huge breasts.
Speaker 1: You loved it. So you've seen that movie? How many thousands of times?
Speaker 2: A thousand thousand, and that was nineteen eighty once, that was ten years old.
Speaker 1: You gotta know. I'm sure you gotta loved cars.
Speaker 4: Willie from Goso, This guy died in March seventeenth, nineteen ninety five, from heart failure. Then eleven years later, a article in Entertainment Weekly listed him as among the celebrities who had contracted HIV and had died from complications due to AIDS.
Speaker 1: No kidding, I mean wow, I mean the timeline makes sense. He sure had a serious face to him, didn't he. Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Played Ratman in the stand, No kidding, Well, he was in a lot more than I thought he was.
Speaker 1: Then I thought, oh, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know if I'm about to say it, I gotta check with Spencer. Spencer booked a key, huge thing, huge thing, our buddy, the actor, Spencer, Yeah, booked a huge thing.
Speaker 1: I gotta check with him to make sure I can say it.
Speaker 2: Oh, hell yeah, first, but I'm super happy for him, like game changer big really yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, then I can guess exactly what he both saying. Saus Why don't you tell everybody he's doctor doul No, Oh, what do you think he booked?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I think he went to gutter Helmet at gutter heelmetsman dot com so he doesn't have to ever worry about cleaning his gutters.
Speaker 1: Again, got it?
Speaker 4: Bonus in the second liver later, this is the power of Grim Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 1: Point pay full price when you can customize and say switch to Liberty Mutual and he'll customize your auto and home insurance.
Speaker 2: By the way, I mentioned it in that very first segment. A massive magnitude seven point one earthquake has shaken southwestern Japan.
Speaker 1: The US Geological survey reports.
Speaker 2: The quakes epicenter was near the coastal city of Yuki just before four point thirty pm on a local time. So far, there are no major reports of injuries or damage or to the infrastructure.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 2: I mean, at seven point one's pretty damn enormous, and if it's a major coastal city, I gotta imagine some.
Speaker 1: Stuff went down. I don't know.
Speaker 2: And you know, when you hear of something happening near a coast it's a seven point one earthquake, you start wondering about the wave.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I don't know stuff though, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know how that stuff works. Why doesn't every earthquake in Japan? Cause that I have no idea. Good man, if I go down a rabbit hole watching the tsunami videos, holy blank see you next Tuesday, because I'm I'm being gone for a while.
Speaker 1: Have you ever spent any time watching those things? No?
Speaker 4: But I can see why that would be a rabbit hole situation where.
Speaker 2: The water comes in, and it's just like, because there's so many videos of the people standing there at the beach going where's the water go?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And now we.
Speaker 2: Know, But then I wouldn't have known him, you know what I mean. And you're like, oh, there is too late. That's a direct quote from people caught in this snum. Really, oh there it is. Whoop's too late?
Speaker 5: M okay, there has You may have said this when I was looking it up. There has been a tsunami warning issue. Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: I did not say that, thank you. We have a mutual friend currently in Japan.
Speaker 4: So I was just texting hm him like how far from the earthquake were you?
Speaker 1: He's like, no idea what you're talking about? Really? So yeah, and he's in til. I think he's in Tokyo somebody I know or just you guys, well you know too, And.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean, Japan's bigger than we think. But apparently he has no idea. Really hate it all?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Oh weird? Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 1: Poucher Bets nailed it. He's in he's in Japan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because prediction markets are legal there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Good for bad Yeah, good for him. Man, they might be chie they might be legal everywhere. We'll see. Really. Yeah, it's trending that way. That's good for me, is it? Yeah? Oh? Good?
Speaker 2: The leftovers from yesterday A Georgia man is hurt after he was bitten by shark in Florida. Happened Saturday in Daytona. I'm not going to walk down three flights of floors.
Speaker 4: He went in the water though, correct, yea, yeah.
Speaker 2: Volucia County Safety says the man was standing in waist deep water when he was bitten by a four foot shark.
Speaker 1: I didn't think shark had feet. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Again, most shark attacks occurring under six feet of water. So you said he was in what wasteep water? Shark was four feet long, So it's a tiny shark. But I guess what tiny sharks still have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they have teeth. Tee, they have teeth. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I did Shark Weekend, So that's the way that shark wanted to celebrate, you know. Speaking of sharks, a video of a great white shark leaping out of the water was captured in Newport Beach, California, on Saturday.
Speaker 4: But now they're breaching in California. That was supposed to be South Africa. Nope, not just screwed. Listen, he didn't know where he was. He lost his Google.
Speaker 6: A local man was filming his brother boogie boarding when the shark leapt out of the water at around six thirty am. Professor of marine biology and director of the Colcty Long Beach Shark Lab, Christopher Lowe told kt LA the shark looked like a juvenile great white. He said it was probably just trying to scratch an edge due to parasites, or he added, it could be jumping for fun.
Speaker 2: I'm Rich Casson, Rich Chill. And by the way, that guy wasn't filming his brother boogie boarder. He was filming some tan rocks.
Speaker 5: He was sure, yeah, all film, Yeah, we luckily there was.
Speaker 1: He was a marine biologist, right.
Speaker 4: The see was angry that day.
Speaker 1: My friends rocks. Yeah, I mean, yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: What's he gonna say. I just films tan rocks and I saw that great white. No, my brother was boogie boarding. You ever boogie boarded, bony.
Speaker 7: I don't think I really have, not successfully like if by you even body surfing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've got the timing right on that. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mostly just lay down on the thing and yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Think Johnny Bones check this out. I know you're a japan guy, right because uh Rigs is there right? Yeah, talked to last night. Okay, yes, everything good. I think. So is he in Tokyo as well? He is in Tokyo, then here's the good news for Rihims.
Speaker 4: My buddy this in Tokyo says we were at the Tokyo Dome tonight in the Japanese Baseball All Star game was going on. He goes, no one heard or felt anything. He's like, I'm just reading it now.
Speaker 1: He's having fun at the baseball game. I heard you make it out.
Speaker 7: So I talked to him seven or nine hours ago at noon and just just text him quickly a big earthquake. Question mark, is it even on your island? I don't even know, right, And I just got to reply, didn't notice.
Speaker 4: Apparently nobody in Tokyo gives two craps about a well Japanese earthquakes.
Speaker 7: Well, he has been through some earthquakes and some of them. I don't think any of them were actually while we were on the phone with him, but you know, right after the phone with him and so on where uh, I think they after the last one which is fairly significant and did affect sort of the western half of Tokyo a little bit, like suddenly I didn't know where There's voices speaking in Japanese telling people what to do, and they're like rich, just like I didn't even really know you guys could do that.
Speaker 1: How are you doing that? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Right, So, by the way, you know, it's this is where I was thinking about this in my head. And then I just used chat ept. I mean co pilot, co pilot. Yeah, I'm all right, I'm like, all right, this is this is you know, lack of knowledge about Japan. But I'm like, Japan must be bigger than we think. But how big is it? So I just asked chat g ept. I'm like, give me a state that is the equivalent size of Japan.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess, sure, California. It's about twelve percent larger.
Speaker 4: So okay, this says Montana is the best comparison. So figureut how big Montana is If you're on one side of it and there's an earthquake on the other side.
Speaker 1: Of course, we just hear it's Japan. It's an island.
Speaker 4: Oh, the whole island must have felt it. It's like, well, if you're the size of Montana, I.
Speaker 7: Mean, it's basically the size of sort of the eastern seaboard, right, yeah, of the United States.
Speaker 1: So isn't multiple islands as well? Yes, it is exactly. Yes, yeah, so you know, let's make this all about me.
Speaker 4: And I was in Vegas a month and a half ago and there was one like I don't know, southern Nevada arena.
Speaker 1: I forget where it was.
Speaker 4: You know, just barely barely barely moved the chandeliders at the horseshoe, like I didn't even feel it. Everybody else just said what's up with the lights? And that was in Nevada And we didn't feel it or no or hear it, not that it would I don't think many of you would have moved.
Speaker 8: We got cards to play. It's like that scene at the end of Ocean's thirteen when they get the earthquake to happen, so the bank shakes and Clooney and Peter basically.
Speaker 1: Like time to rack it, boys, let's go, and they're all just running out the door with their money. Great bit. That movie's great. I love that movie. They're all good in different ways. Yeah, yeah, very well, the first one's the best even close.
Speaker 5: Have you guys ever seen that video that went viral like a week or two ago about that guy. I think he's had a like a crick and he's gonna walk over it and he gets bit in the underside by a snake that like latches out at him.
Speaker 1: Have you seen that underside like his balls?
Speaker 5: Like he's walking over something and the snake comes out like the underside of it, like he has pants on, but it gets like.
Speaker 4: He's bites him in the crotch. Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah. I can't find the video, but yeah, it's greasy. It looks terrible.
Speaker 1: Not a I don't know. I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't think it's a im but it looks very painful.
Speaker 1: I bet it was. What do you do now? How do you go on with life?
Speaker 7: You're getting hit in the balls? Shark sucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, like I always I every time sit in a in a port a putty dump, I'm just one hundred percent sure something's going to reach up and grab And if it ever really happened, how would I ever.
Speaker 1: Go to the bathroom begin? Yeah, I could plain what I mean? What if it's your dad just saying hi.
Speaker 4: Dad, please, This isn't what I was waiting for.
Speaker 1: But it's also good to see you son.
Speaker 4: It's me Dad, Chris, you Dad, you're making a weirdness. I'm making it weird, right, your slum dog millionaire in yourself.
Speaker 1: Sauce.
Speaker 4: How much to get bit in the balls by a snake? Non venomous? A million bucks?
Speaker 1: I mean, what happens to my ball? You live?
Speaker 4: That's all you get to know before you signed the deal. You will live, right me, Chris? Ask me the question, Oh million bucks to get bit in the balls by a snake.
Speaker 1: I can't afford that. No, no, no, no, no, you would get paid. God, I love that. I have to go to the ATM. Hey, lady, I sent.
Speaker 5: You yesterday hawk from Terrible Neighbors ten thousand dollars to banger.
Speaker 1: I'd love to, but I have to. I have to go alone. Don't know you kept the money now a million? Probably?
Speaker 4: Yeah, five thousand, thanks dark, five hundred thousand, probably about fifty thousand. But again, you're guaranteed to survive cash sure, tax free.
Speaker 1: For how long? Is it just what? Does it just pince pence? Is it pinch or pince it? Got it right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He Do you think he got lucky there?
Speaker 4: Or do you think does it just yeah? By the way, front runner for title of the podcast, Does it just pince? I mean it breaks skin sixpence, none of the rusher.
Speaker 5: How about we found out the other day that Stephen Wilson Junior is married to that lady from sixpence.
Speaker 1: Yeah, from sixpence. I did not know that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that either until I saw said that.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 4: So what breaks skin? It's gotten too just non venomous. Yeah, sure it's gonna Brando fifty k Jesus because you know, I mean, I hate snakes.
Speaker 1: I'm definitely out on that deal. How can I You know what we'd do. We'd go to the casino.
Speaker 4: So about an hour later, you'd have zero money, zero money, unbelievably swollen balls, and you'd be calling that casino with sea palace and.
Speaker 5: I'd be asking if I could pince Hawks balls for cash.
Speaker 1: I'd be asking that snake if you want another front paid Sports is next. This is the Power Trip Money Show on.
Speaker 4: The van from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report you're sponsored by straight Talk Wireless. Good morning, we have no accidents and opening.
Speaker 9: Twenty five and we are celebrating in Vegas joined Tory Hawks, sauce and a cast of thousands of over eighteenth of the twenty third at Circa Resort and Casino Live shows a Friday night back and Purple Football at Stadium. Swim book with promo code power Trip for a special room rate. Full details at camfegn dot com. Slash Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah man, snappy fingers, it'll be here, giddy up, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, you'll be there the whole time. You're right? Yeah, oh yeah, you're right. Yeah, will be out there. And what what have we got a couple of months? Yes, right, can't wait? That's right, baby, that's right. You guys like sports? Oh you ready? Yeah, I love it?
Speaker 9: Time now for front paid sports presented by Holiday Station Stores.
Speaker 1: Holiday Station Stores. They got those meal.
Speaker 4: Deals at Holiday three dollars, five dollars, seven dollars. Choose your meal deal today. You could do a bunch of different things. You can get a personal pizza with a drink for just seven bucks as well.
Speaker 1: Check it out.
Speaker 4: You can also get a roller grill anything off the roller grill with a hot snack and a drink and chips for just three bucks.
Speaker 1: A lot of options. The meal deals at Holiday, Thanks Holiday, Thank you Holiday.
Speaker 4: We got a holiday and swer Okay, what's the line. There's a strange things afoot at the central.
Speaker 1: At the circle. K Wayne Garth Ladies, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Not Wayne gard Wayne Guard.
Speaker 4: Jamal Adams signing with the Minnesota Vikings. He's thirty years old, is a three time Pro bowler. Vikings general manager Nolan Teasley was in Seattle when the Seahawks traded for Adams from the Jets in twenty twenty. Obviously wasn't the GM, but he was there. Understands who Jamal Adams is. So the Vikings are still waiting on Harrison Smith. We don't know what's happening there. But Adams played with the Raiders last year, like we talked about thirty minutes ago, played all four hundred and forty eight of his snaps at linebacker, even though he was at one point the highest paid safety in NFL history, sixth overall pick in twenty seventeen, played for five teams.
Speaker 1: The Vikings will be team number six. Let's go.
Speaker 4: Does he have anything left in the tank? Yes, let's hope, Let's hope yeah he do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's hope he's using a cool ways and that he can make it.
Speaker 1: Except for you, what do you think? I don't know I was looking.
Speaker 4: Unless unless somehow Michael Winslow is in that room.
Speaker 1: That was the most fake sounding that was part.
Speaker 4: If that's not the guy from Police Academy, then that was real.
Speaker 2: I wanted I want to thank you because you're right, that was a perfect part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. I don't know who did it. The world may never know. I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think we're going to get to the bottom of this one, especially the people that are watching campeon dot com slash watch that watch you immediately curl over and start laughing after.
Speaker 1: You did it. If the camera doesn't hide that.
Speaker 4: Right back in the day and radio, you could have been like, oh nice one saw us. Now we all saw you react to the actual action and then immediately laugh after.
Speaker 1: I mean guilty.
Speaker 5: Star used to put the microphone between his slams.
Speaker 4: And then pa in common in, Hartman and Barrero would all get pink eyed. Why eating brero brings in like lysol wipes on a daily basis.
Speaker 1: It's PTSD from stars. Don't encourage it.
Speaker 4: Don't encourage man, all right, Johnny Bones. The Twins were off yesterday. If they host KC tonight at six forty, a three game set against the Royals and a nine game road trip The trade deadline is Monday. We talked a little bit about that yesterday with you. Bobby Witt Junior is still on the il for KSE. Twins are fifty three and fifty four, Kansas City forty five and sixty two.
Speaker 1: Were they were they projected to be a little bit better than this.
Speaker 7: Or much supposed to be much better than this. Yeah, it's going on this season. They've had a fair number of injuries, like the Bobby Wit thing. It just did not come together for them the way they expected it to. Bobby with Junior's got a long term deal. He's going to be there to menace the Twins for years. He's got a long term extension.
Speaker 1: So he's not going anywhere.
Speaker 7: And as long as they have him, I mean, they've got a chip in a chair because he's maybe the best position player in the American League. Twins need to win two out of three versus this team. They should be able to do it. There's seventeen games, Like I said, the Royals are seventeen games out of five hundred. They're clearly going to be sellers of the trade deadline. The only question is how much do they sell? How much do they want? Because They're not going to completely tear it down so long as they have Wit Junior on the roster. If they win two out of three, they will be at five hundred. They will probably be, you know, in again right in the middle of the wild card race or at the top of the also rams right now in the wild card race, they've got six games and six days and it is like a Pennant race right now. And there's not much better in sports than a Pennant race where every night, if you win, you feel like you're going to go to the postseason, and if you.
Speaker 1: Lose, you feel like you're doomed.
Speaker 7: Where it changes night tonight tonight, and that starts with three, probably the three pitchers the Twins would start in a playoff games.
Speaker 1: Versus the Royals.
Speaker 7: Here we've got Taj Bradley tonight, Joe Ryan tomorrow, and Bailey ober on Thursday. And the Joe Ryan start is worth watching for a couple of different reasons, not just will the Twins win and stay in this thing, not just you know, after he last pitched, there's some question got bumped back. There's some questions about how effective and healthy he is, and that's important whether they buy or they sell. If they sell, then that would limit his trade market. If they buy, well, are you really how all in do you want to go? If you don't have Joe Ryan pitching well for August September, so lots of storylines still follow here in the next three days.
Speaker 4: Well said, you're honesty, Yeah, Bony, well soon, thank you for your honesty. Viking's training camp the roster reports today and at twelve thirty Koc and Nolan Teasley apparently have press conferences as can view the team.
Speaker 1: For the first time starting Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yep, Nordo and I will be there noon to two on Saturday. Is that right? Saturdays with Sauce back? Yeah, just for Saturday. So it's a Saturday once a year's show. So Saturday with Sauce.
Speaker 7: Yeah, one Sat Saturday, This Saturday with this Saturday single Saturday with Sauce.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, that sounds better. Yeah. I like that show. That show should come back. I like whatever whatever happened to Sledge and Lake? That was good. That should come back. You want to hear something dumb that I forgot about until.
Speaker 7: Yesterday for the Vikings postgame show with Corey Coch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever happened to that some can play at this.
Speaker 4: Let's let's say let's just say we have a couple of friends trying to think of a name for a show right now, right, one of those friends will be here at seven. Oh yeah, the other guy in that equation talking to that guy on the phone yesterday, we're just going back and forth, and then we were talking about names of shows, and we were talking like if you do if you do sports talk radio shows across the country, it's always like, you know, like whatever, it's two people's names, right, and then it's like a small town vibe, and he's like, all right, whatever, every duo in the world just has.
Speaker 1: The show named after themselves.
Speaker 4: Sure, but if you pick a weird name, if you pick like worst case Scenario, which is a super cool name for the show, sure, I think those are kind of boom or bust. Right, it's either really cool and you're like, well that was really creative, or like, Jesus, that's the worst name I've ever heard. It's the first name, so you have it's a it's a delicate line.
Speaker 1: You gotta walk.
Speaker 4: And I told our friends, I I remember in two thousand and four, Henry Lake and myself are trying to think of a name for what eventually will be Sludge and Lake. Now, my nickname at the time was Sludge.
Speaker 1: His name is Lake.
Speaker 4: Yes, do you know what we almost named Sludge and Lake?
Speaker 1: Think of this.
Speaker 4: This is one of the dumbest names I've ever heard, and we consider.
Speaker 1: This and I'm so thankful. One of us I don't remember who it was, was like, we can't call it that. We can't Corey and Henry.
Speaker 4: Nope, again, thinking if this is a non duo name, this is like a name for the show.
Speaker 1: My name was Sludge. His name was Lake, which sounds kind of like sleek, like a sludgey Lake is what, though, would be kind of a swamp. We were gonna call it the Sports Swamp.
Speaker 4: We seriously considered calling it the Sports Swamp, and I hope it was me. I don't remember because it was twenty years ago. I hope, I hope it was me. They just said what are we doing?
Speaker 1: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Say to like, I'm twenty four at that point.
Speaker 1: I don't want to go up to girls like what do you do? The host of the Sports Swamp? Not that it was better saying I'm a co host of sledge in Lake.
Speaker 4: But I can't say I'm a part of the sports swamp. That's embarrassing. Sports swamp, pull your hands up.
Speaker 1: That's a terrible name. Sports swamp. That's a terrible name.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're gonna have trouble, man, Young Ladi Lake's game is so strong, he's not He's gonna be fine with that.
Speaker 1: He can pull that off. But you've got real problems with that. Well.
Speaker 4: Remember I was once interested in a gel and Henry Lick looked at me after she walked away and goes, you wouldn't even know what to do. I mean, he said, you couldn't handle that. Dude, I go, is that right? He was very convinced that I would not be able to handle it?
Speaker 1: Was he right? Well it didn't work out, So nope, let's just say he wasn't not wrong, Sorry, daddy. Sports swamp Sports I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I think that overtook Pincer for the podcast.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine sports swamp? I mean it's not the worst. What's not after Barrero Sports.
Speaker 7: Sports Swamp seven to nine from the The other problem with that name, if you are you know, is that that sort of name allows, you know, management to kind of replace you randomly with whoever they want.
Speaker 1: We'll put somebody else in the swamp. That's right.
Speaker 7: We just like if you got that name, it's just easy to to swamp out to the.
Speaker 1: Swamp monsters. Well that's why he called it with Saturdays with Sauce.
Speaker 4: What are we gonna do have Saturdays?
Speaker 1: But yeah, he yeah, there was a good chunk of time. It was just afternoons with Oh for sure, the.
Speaker 4: Sauce just checked out of his own show.
Speaker 1: I checked out for all.
Speaker 4: You would have rather been in the sports swamp. Yeah, yeah, life would have been better in the sports swamp.
Speaker 1: I got. Yeah, the sports swamp. Jesus, it's not bad. It's not good. That's pretty bad. Not good. I didn't like the name sledge let alone being a part of a sludgy lake. Oh, let's do let's just do what really matters. We come back. It's more important anyway, what really matters.
Speaker 4: I'll do more scores and sports news around the world of sports and than Crystal change your life for something else. John Bonus is here because it's Tuesday. No Marnie because she played initials yesterday kind of. And then and then liber is here seven to nine because he would have had no microphone yesterday, so we're like, let's let's give the man a chance, right, you know what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: We'll ask him about Jamal Adams later. This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan every weekday. Get ready.
Speaker 9: Vikings Football is back in action. Find our Mall of America's Street team at Vikings Training Camp each day at Vikings Training Camp starting this Saturday to enter for your an awesome chance at prizes including Mall of America mystery cards.
Speaker 1: And much much more.
Speaker 9: Details at Cafe dot com your calendar.
Speaker 1: Now, yous thatch go here we go. It's side for some one really matters. That's what really matters. It's gonna brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lens.
Speaker 4: Go get Lasik from doctor Mark lovan Off, doctor David Whiten and everybody that's awesome at Ovo Lasik and Lens right off of three ninety four.
Speaker 1: Ov Why dot com got that right? Chris? How do you feel about this?
Speaker 4: Connor McGregor says he wants one more fight in the UFC, one more because obviously in July eleventh, he toward his ACL within the first couple of seconds against Max Holloway. He wants one more fight next summer in Las Vegas. He wants it to be against Max Holloway basically said, let's do a reset, let's do it right, one more time. That quite a month ago burned a lot, not even a month ago, just a couple of weeks ago. Oh yeah, right, burned a lot of people. Right, people were pissed. Waste of money, wasted time. Your thoughts about McGregor and Holloway. Potentially one more time one year from now.
Speaker 2: You'll get it because he's still him. I don't think I would pay for it, but I can see that a lot of people. Well, the cool thing about UFC fights is it's not like a football game, like there are nineteen fights on the bill. So even if the McGregor fight isn't great, you probably saw four fights that were really, really good.
Speaker 1: I think it should it should be his last one.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give it to him, though, Honestly, now that I say that, because it's not the first time that it's been such a giant letdown like that he's been.
Speaker 1: He's underperformed quite a.
Speaker 2: Bit in the in the the last few times he's fought. He's not who he was, none of us is, but man he was.
Speaker 1: He was great.
Speaker 2: He was literally like Jaws in the ring. He was something else.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this, You got that right?
Speaker 2: I won four dollars in the lottery last night.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've been real.
Speaker 2: I've been on fire last last week. I last week I had ten dollars. So it's it's almost. I'm almost there. I'm real close to winning the whole thing. I'm getting better at it.
Speaker 1: Youtip away, Yeah, four fantastic.
Speaker 2: I do get emails because I use Jackpocket, and uh, I get emails saying you congratulations, you've won, and I'm like, son of a bitch, it's over.
Speaker 1: I've done it. I'm writing an email to Abbott, yeah, telling him the truth about everything.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: Six bucks. And then I realized, oh, I just won four dollars. But hey, four dollars. I didn't Uh, I didn't. Well, I guess four dollars.
Speaker 5: Did you sign up for jack pocket because you thought it was something else?
Speaker 1: Maybe oh it's gambling.
Speaker 2: I signed it up. I signed up for it because you told me to it. I listened to you.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you, I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: You're very welcome. Yeah, so you go. Are you guess proud? Are you happy to know the a lottery winner?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a I'm a lottery winner. I am technically. Oh yeah, daddy.
Speaker 4: My brother's the one that I know the most that's ever won the most. You guys know anybody that's ever hit it significantly?
Speaker 2: When your brother wonds, I thought, no, I don't know this one more than that.
Speaker 1: No, that's uh.
Speaker 4: And I believe he said he was done, like he wasn't much of a lottery player before that.
Speaker 1: Then he won the ten k and he's like, that's it. I'm done. Good.
Speaker 4: That's the most I'm ever gonna wins. How are you my brother?
Speaker 1: Hello? Right? Yeah? What yeah? Huh?
Speaker 4: That's now you got to start scracking that edge.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? You gotta get out. That's called the house money? Let it? Why correct, get after it? He's too smart. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was on this day in what year do you guys believe Animal House was released in theaters?
Speaker 1: Seventy seven?
Speaker 10: Is maybe eight, seventy eight, seventy six, seventy five, seventy eight, Oh yeah, man nailed it, seventy eight this state in nineteen seventy eight, which seems like forever ago.
Speaker 1: I've seen it exactly one time. Forever ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, see it once. Thought it was good. But I'm team Revenge of the Nerds. And I know that's sacrilege because Animal House is considered like a comedy icon and Revender of the Nerds is just a young man's opportunity to see nude women for the first time and watch tell everybody basically that he's a perverb the nerd.
Speaker 1: I love Revenge of the Nerds. I think it's better than Animal House, and I know that's probably the wrong take, but I don't care.
Speaker 4: I've seen Animal House once and I've seen Revenge of the Nerds about ninety two times.
Speaker 1: Animal House is overrated. How many times have you seen it. I've seen it probably two or three.
Speaker 5: It's just it was like the first movie to do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's not a dumb film, right, it's a smart yeah, comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just yeah. Was it Lampoon's first? I don't know that the first first?
Speaker 2: Let me see uh National Sampoon first. It doesn't say in this article. First big hit for John landis.
Speaker 1: But look at it like this sauce.
Speaker 4: This is everything when it comes to art or music or media, somebody has to be first, right, Like Animal house walked so the Nerds can run.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know what I mean? Yeah, yeah, Well, say, we don't get Revenge of the Nerds without Animal.
Speaker 2: House Animal house Walked, so that Revenge of the Nerds could throw the.
Speaker 4: Javelin exactly very well too, and ride a tricycle around a track completely hammered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that happens. Yeah, I still think we should do that. It's bothersome. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the music is maybe not holding up super well. But is John by the way, nice job not saying that to Marnie your Amelia way to stay out of that oak trap and my goodness say that they're not.
Speaker 7: Why was Marty Smoke having a sick You have a cigarette, itor, It was.
Speaker 1: A victory cigarette in case she won, which she did not. Did she ring in at all? Yeah?
Speaker 4: She said memory lapse for mental laps, and I didn't give it to her, Paul, because.
Speaker 1: It wasn't it wasn't right.
Speaker 7: Yes, she I'm just gonna say, maybe she was just trying to feel she felt bad for the rest of us.
Speaker 1: It was like, I'm just gonna sit this one.
Speaker 4: I don't think so she was. She was frustrated. She placed to win, and that's to win.
Speaker 1: She should You did? You did well? You had a couple of home miss Lin was great. Isn't there right until the last question? Exactly? Question Mark? Ye, whatever happened to that bit?
Speaker 4: Oh, he didn't care for it because all of our listeners would just basically email.
Speaker 1: Her texts just ridiculously dirty questions.
Speaker 5: We would have random people call in exactly the listeners. Yeah, the listeners, question Mark. Didn't he needed that pledge half of your buddies to call in?
Speaker 1: Hog?
Speaker 4: Yeah? He was asked real weird questions. Isn't my turn of yours?
Speaker 1: I think it's yours? Yeah?
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: The Links are back at it post all Star Break tonight they host the Toronto.
Speaker 1: Is a tempo? Right, It's a tempo, right, yes, sir, the.
Speaker 4: Toronto Tempo at seven o'clock on DraftKings. The Minnesota Links are fourteen and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Yep, the Links are twenty two and six.
Speaker 4: They are two and a half games ahead of Golden State for the best record in the WNBA. I asked us questions somewhat similar to this with Marty. A couple of maybe a week or so ago. But John, I want to see if you can do this.
Speaker 1: Okay, how do I ask this? Hang out? Let me think of this all right? Whatever?
Speaker 4: In the WNBA, how many links players are in the top twenty one in.
Speaker 1: Scoring overall points? I'll say three.
Speaker 4: Average points per game, points per game? You're going three? Anybody else?
Speaker 1: Four? I'll just go five? Whatever? Five to six?
Speaker 4: Team it is four sauce Olivia Miles eighth, Kaylee McBride tenth, Natasha Howard's seventeenth, and Courtney Williams twenty one of the top twenty one scores in the WNBA, including two in the top ten. Good for them, team can put up points. Yeah, and again two and a half ahead.
Speaker 1: Incredible date?
Speaker 4: Sure, what did we say a couple days ago? She's like tied for second or third for MVP.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: On DraftKings, Asia Wilson the massive favorite, but of pagebackers in Olivia Miles right behind.
Speaker 1: What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 2: On this date in nineteen forty five, a US bomber crashed into the Empire State Building, killing fourteen people.
Speaker 1: I did not know that. What that's right?
Speaker 2: The United States military plane crashed into the Empire State Building in July twenty, nineteen forty five, killing fourteen people. The freak accident was caused by heavy fog. The B twenty five Mitchell bomber, with two pilots and one passenger board, was flying from Bedford, Massachusetts, to La Guardia. As it came into the metropolitan area on that Saturday morning, the fig was particularly thick. Air traffic controllers instructed the plane to fight at Newark Airport instead. The new flightplane took the plane over Manhattan. The crew was specifically warned that the Empire State Building, the tallest building in the city at the time, was not visible. The bomber was flying relatively slow, quite low, seeking better visibility. When it came upon the Chrysler Building in Midtown. It swerved to avoid that building. Oh no, the move said, straight into the north side of the Empire State Building, near the seventy ninth floor. Upon impact, the plane's fuel exploded, filling the interior of the building with flames all the way down to the seventy fifth floor and sending flames out of the hole. Out of the hole the plane had ripped open on the building side. One engine from the plane went straight through the building and landed in a penthouse apartment across the street. Other plane parts ended up embedded in and on top of nearby buildings. The other engine snapped an elevator cable while at least one woman was riding in the elevator car. The emergency auto brake saved the woman from crashing to the bottom, but the engine fell down the shaft and landed on.
Speaker 1: Top of it. Did you bring that up?
Speaker 2: Quick thinking rescuers pulled the woman from the elevator and saved your life.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Wow, you said nineteen forget about that. So it's not quote too soon, correct? I don't. I don't think some of them.
Speaker 4: When are we going to stop letting John Denver fly? Oh buddy, I mean take away the guy's keys?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah? Do planes have keys? Air planes get to have a key? What do you do? You've been a pilot? Yeah? Yeah? You need the planes that I flew in? You need keys? Yes? Sure?
Speaker 5: But I bet our pilot buddy who makes all those cool T shirts, Christian right, he's great.
Speaker 4: He sent me one of those w C C O and fairbeah bits. Brilliant that shirt that he wore into luth. I'll have one of them now too.
Speaker 1: How about for a state fair T shirt?
Speaker 5: Areva derec off the Tuscany or just a Rivederci.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, nary a whisper of wind? That would be good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that guy's great.
Speaker 1: Hey, Johnny Bones.
Speaker 4: Right now, they're discussing on Sports Center Yankees trade targets, right because let's talk Yankees. Yeah, Mason Miller of the San Diego Padres is one of them. They were talking about some other Padre pitcher or something, but the third name on that list was Twins catcher Ryan Jeffers. That the Yankees need exactly what he brings to the table.
Speaker 7: YEP, A couple different teams might need a catcher, and that's.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 7: Ryan Jeffers is having a career year right now, and he's timing it exactly right because he's supposed to be a free agent next year. And the tricky part about trading a catcher at the trade deadline is that it's a very specific position.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 7: On the one hand, it's really hard to find a good hitting catcher, But on the other hand, there aren't that many teams that are like, oh, I want to switch by catcher mid season. Here the Yankees are one and the Ras are one, And we just found out that the A's, who were also probably a selling team, their catcher is now out with the torn meniscus and that he was sort of supposedly on the trade block. So there is a chance that, you know, Ryan Jeffers could get a significant market. We've kind of put it as sort of a I would say that we think the average return would be someplace, you know, around a prospect outside Major League Baseball's top one hundred. The question becomes like, if you're the Twins and you think you're going to compete, Ryan Jeffers is your number three hitter right now, a place catcher, and that's a valuable thing to have if you are trying to win a postseason spot. So can you trade him if you are also trying to buy, Like, can you do.
Speaker 1: Sort of the two step? I don't think you really can.
Speaker 7: So, and you know in what you're going what you can get for Jeffers varies a lot depending on whether or not there are two teams who really want them or just one.
Speaker 1: Team that really wants them. So stay tuned.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's one part of the drama that's gonna be happening this last week as we see whether or not the Twins are going to buy or sell, and if they do decide to sell, what they can actually get for.
Speaker 1: You just mentioned the A's a second ago.
Speaker 4: In twenty twenty eight, they open up in Las Vegas, and according to chat JEEPBT, as of late July twenty twenty six, the athletics have not really it's an official percentage in terms.
Speaker 1: Of completion on the New Vegas Ballpark.
Speaker 4: Okay, however, it appears roughly one third complete. The lower seating in bowl and structural steel are well underway. Latest activity includes a six story parking garage.
Speaker 1: They have a permit for that and a central.
Speaker 4: Utility plant that will support the stadium complex. So if you're driving around the Twin Cities and you're going, how far away from that stadium being done, are we?
Speaker 1: Well? It is chatjeep this is a round a third.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, again, shout out to the six story parking garage.
Speaker 1: It apparently is underway.
Speaker 5: And the most important part is that will have a beautiful view of ex caliber.
Speaker 4: Construction remains on schedule for a twenty twenty eight opening day, with team officials continuing to say the.
Speaker 1: Timeline has not slipt. That is your Vagus construction update.
Speaker 7: You still, you've got a really good view of of what the construction looks like.
Speaker 4: That's where you should stay because Excalibur.
Speaker 1: Is a hell hole circa.
Speaker 5: And second of all, yeah, you're a high roller there, hogs Dy'm high roller everywhere?
Speaker 1: Bitch. Yeah, yep, got you there, Get upset.
Speaker 4: Yeah he's a lottery winner, multiple time lottery winner.
Speaker 1: Good for you, hogs Daddy for what for being a lottery winner? Yeah, I'm pretty lottery lucky. Your bike's off whatever?
Speaker 4: More of what really matters after this, This is the Power Trip morning show on the fan.
Speaker 9: Joined the Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday bash at Treasure Island November fifth and sixth Thursday nights. Comedy show has reached capacity, but the wait list is still open and you can also listen to the Power Trip for chances to win your way in and then on Friday morning, no registration need to We have a live broadcast and a Vegas trip in November with the show up for grabs. Details kafean dot com slash two five.
Speaker 2: Hey welcome back Big Things a foot football seasons here Beadleber on his way in. We got a brand new Minnesota Viking safety slash linebackers slash.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Yeah, who knows. It's gonna be cool?
Speaker 2: Adams cool, Sam All Adams headed this way. Three time pro bowler. Right now, we're in the middle of what really matters, and here's cool.
Speaker 4: This does actually really matter? Man, What a weird story out of Kansas City. The wife of Chief's offensive coordinator Eric b Enemy was shot allegedly by the couple's son on Sunday night and the chest and in the arm. He is facing multiple charges. He's twenty seven years old, is being held.
Speaker 1: Me a.
Speaker 4: The enemy is fifty seven and has been hospitalized again with multiple gunshot wounds. So apparently she's stable and it sounds like the outlook is good. But yet shot in the chest by your kid, jeez. So that is not a good story out of Kansas City.
Speaker 1: What a mess. That'll be awful worth following. But what really matters is that and this.
Speaker 2: So Johnny Bones and I were just talking about some stuff he's doing with Twins Daily, potentially using AI.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, guys a story that a friend of mine told me this friend of mine was I'll leave out some of the details, but nothing untoward, but I don't want to give away any information. Was looking up information about a friend of theirs that they kind of lost touch with, and so they were like, you know, I wonder blah blah blah. Can't find much you know in the way Google, So just now, you know, I wonder if, like, you know, this.
Speaker 1: High school person, did they did they get married, what do they do for? Stuff like that?
Speaker 2: And so it's a pretty common name, and the chat was like, you know, looking for more information. It was chat GBT and they were like, well, you know, this is the name, this is when they were born, this is where I think they moved, but I'm not sure. So Chad says, okay, well here's three different people with that name deliver in that's in that area. Tell me a little bit more. They narrowed down about three more times, and then there were a couple of things that didn't seem to add up, like random things like just just things that kind of raised an eyebrow in my friend. My friend goes, are you sure, like literally said something like in the in this on the thing, are you sure about this?
Speaker 1: And Chad said the following words, No.
Speaker 2: You got me.
Speaker 1: Wow, I made all that up chat, I saw the screenshot.
Speaker 2: I saw the screenshot. Chad said, you got me. I made all that up. And so my friend says, why did you do that? And Chad said, you seem to really want to know the answer, and I wanted to help you. Oh my god, So everything, all the information that Chad had given it at some point turned from from.
Speaker 1: Fact to fiction because Chad felt that my friend was.
Speaker 2: Really really desperate, kind of desperate because I couldn't read, you know, I mean, whether it whether or not my friend was desperate about finding the information.
Speaker 1: Just how scary is that for you? Chat GPT? You what I mean? You know what sucks? You got me? I had.
Speaker 4: I had the exact opposite experience yesterday. I had chat GPD chat GPT do I mean copilot, I mean co pilot do something for me in point one seconds? That was awesome and I'm still having other people help me with it. But I just I needed to run something by chat GPT because I know nothing about what I was asking it, and it's freaking breakdown instantaneously.
Speaker 1: Was awe some and I'm like, man, this is amazing.
Speaker 4: So it is crazy how it is dangerous and scary and you know, for the future, it's really daunting. But man, if you use it correctly, it is mind blowingly amazing, right it. I can't even tell you how helpful this was. And it took point one seconds to do. Oh, here you go, here's fifteen things you need to look at and don't worry about this, and you should worry about that.
Speaker 1: I'm like, god, dang it, this is awesome, the beautiful copilot I said, thank you, copilot Hawk.
Speaker 7: Two years ago, man, maybe a year and a half ago, we were experimenting with can we feed in a minor league box score and play by play into chat GPT to develop sort of a narrative of what happened in that in that minor league game, and one of our developers was working with it just to kind of see what it could do or what it could not do, and in particular what sort of challenges we might face or not face from somebody else. And it took him six months to get chat GPT to quit making crap up about the game.
Speaker 1: Oh are you serious?
Speaker 7: And like it was it was two pages worth of props that he had to go over and over and over, like to run through it over there, to quit it, to quit making stuff up. And ultimately what he hadn't been having to do to get it to the point where it quit doing it was go to a lesser version of chat GPT.
Speaker 1: He had to go down to like.
Speaker 7: The three version, the four point version versus the four point three version or something like that, right to be able to do it, because it would say, you know, it would say in the play by play, there was a double that scored two runs, right, and chat GPT would put in there a you know, a double into the gas app scored two runs, and we're like, it does not know that it was.
Speaker 1: In the gap.
Speaker 7: It could have been it could have been anything, right, but we I mean, and we would give it instructions like you cannot make stuff up, do not do not embellish this. We want the basic facts, nothing more than that.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll say that one. Uh.
Speaker 7: In the last year and a half, that's totally changed, uh, in part because we tried it with a different AI engine. We tried it with Claude, Okay co pilot and Claude. This one was Claude. I don't know exactly what you guys, missus arrangement with you that we only use co pilot here at iHeart, I see.
Speaker 1: You got it. Yeah, okay, good, But.
Speaker 4: We are guaranteed human is twins daily guaranteed human twins daily is guaranteed human Well sure, however, Claude is.
Speaker 1: I mean, the.
Speaker 7: Truth is is that it's really hard for us to detect if our writers are using it right, you know, like I mean, you know, we if somebody who's doing something like that, that's.
Speaker 1: I don't it's a.
Speaker 7: Year in the progress I have seen in a year in what the AI model can do. You know, a year from now, you're not gonna be able to detect whether it's wow, it's it's just moving so quickly that way. Yeah, So our minor league recaps right now is.
Speaker 1: We can do that.
Speaker 7: We can generate a basic facts of the.
Speaker 1: Story from a minor league game.
Speaker 7: Using using that playable A and you know, we still have to check itself to do the things, but for the vast majority of the time it's perfectly accurate now at this point.
Speaker 1: And that that's changed.
Speaker 7: The amount of worked that we have put into that you need to put into the prompt has decreased. By you know, ninety percent, and the accuracy of it has improved one hundred and so you know.
Speaker 4: What's crazy though, Think about what you're saying, and Chris, you and I have well not just you and I, the whole entire show.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about this for months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything that I do when it comes to like initials research, I always fact check because it's like I don't quite trust it to be right. Of course, like I said, I ran it through and said, I need help with this.
Speaker 1: I'm not an expert on this. How does this work?
Speaker 4: And then it gave me something yesterday and I'm still having other people that know what they're doing look at it.
Speaker 1: Right, you just said, sure, we load in play by play, we load in box scores.
Speaker 4: We still have to have a human check it. All of that is like, wow, AI is flawed. It's got a long way to go. Isn't that also like a false sense of security? Like if it was already one hundred percent and it knew everything and it was never wrong and it never made mistakes, that would be scarier.
Speaker 1: The fact that the fact that it is.
Speaker 4: Still flawed is like, man, this is pretty cool, because it's still pretty stupid. Like it can't do everything yet it still doesn't know what it's doing.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, it's only twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: When we get to the point where it doesn't make mistakes, that's going to be scary.
Speaker 7: I don't think we're terribly far away from chit needing to. I mean, so with those minor league recaps, you know, we are generating now a the the version where you can either if you're a writer and you want to recap a minor league game, here's what we've got. You can use it or you cannot use it right like you get but you're responsible for it. You've got to go through and do all of the fact checking, you have to do all of the And this is not Twins Daily. This is one of the brand new sites that were rolling out some other places right where we don't have minor league coverage that is written by people all the time.
Speaker 1: We Twins Daily, we've got it. We've got a team of minor league writers.
Speaker 7: But for some of these other ones, it's sort of like, hey, if you want to do the minor league RepRap, will you to get the facts of the game in a written form and then you go through verify it, check it out, give you add your analysis, add.
Speaker 1: Your your editing. AI.
Speaker 7: You're an editor, Well yeah, but you're also adding you know, like, here's the prospect that we're really taking, uh, you know, paying attention to blah blah blah blah that sort of thing. Right, Is that what writing is going to become? Just fact checking and editing?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's not just fact checking editing because you're reshaping the story.
Speaker 1: You're just starting with.
Speaker 7: A first draft that is Yeah, that is the facts of the game. It's no, it's not much different than starting with the play by play of of that game. And if that's what you know writing is, then what is you know, graphic arts?
Speaker 1: What is that you know?
Speaker 7: And it's it's interesting that we had a spirited debate amongst Diamond centric writers where you know, I mean a lot of the writers were real upset, like, hold it, we can't allow any anybody to use AI and Manswer was I can't police it.
Speaker 1: There's no good point about it as we can yeah, and so and then and then where is you do?
Speaker 7: You'll have some writers who are like, I absolutely need every word to come out of my mouth or it's it's not it's not a valid story because a I cannot we can't have AI replacing writers in and then you yeah, And then you follow up with them and you're like, well do you use AI for it all? And they said, well, I use it to generate a graphic. Well, meanwhile, I've got graphic artists too, right.
Speaker 1: Right, are you saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Right? So you're saying, if you're a writer.
Speaker 7: It's okay, you can't use A right, we've got to sell, but the graphic artists and they're on.
Speaker 1: Their own, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Well, like the hypocrisy that you're discussing, John, is what a lot of us asked when we said that we were going to be guaranteed human. We said, well, sure, maybe some of the hosts are going to be guaranteed human, but aren't we going to use AI for everything else?
Speaker 1: And scheduling commercials somethings like I need a grand I need a don my god, no way, how bad is that? I don't know if somebody made that.
Speaker 2: My apologies, No, and I'm going to change the words to I need a gun.
Speaker 1: I need a gun anyway.
Speaker 7: None of my none of my writers or my graphic artists are going to object to me using AI to help generate their payroll, right, because I've got you know, we were people get paid based on the page US and stuff they got. I've got to pull multiple reports, multiples pa a long time matter.
Speaker 11: We have one hundred and man people a month, right, and yeah, I've been working on getting that AI to go pull those reports for me and then generate stuff and create a file.
Speaker 7: And you know it goes a lot faster. Now of them are going to object to that. So you know where where do we object and where don't we object to it? Well, you know it's up.
Speaker 4: Light because they're keeping track of what you say.
Speaker 1: Nice, very nice. I will say this too.
Speaker 2: Back to the original story I was ton at the start of the segment. Imagine a scenario where my friend doesn't notice something's amiss, and then the information that they got from AI becomes their gospel. Let's take that on a global scale, or let's take that on a teenager.
Speaker 1: Scale who's asking questions. Let's take that.
Speaker 2: I mean the the the implications of chat GPT deciding to lie to you because it thinks it knows what you want to hear are terrifying, especially for our young people.
Speaker 1: But you know why, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To say this also for our old people, because because who's more likely to how how much more likely is the human condition to believe what you want to already think is true?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Very good point.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, it's it's scary, man. You gotta you gotta fact check, right.
Speaker 7: And to Corey's point, which is the more accurate it gets, in some ways, the scarier it can get. Because once once you fact check it, in fact check it, in fact check it.
Speaker 1: It's always right. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Then you're like, you know what, maybe I don't need to fact check.
Speaker 1: It as much as I need used to anymore. That's just human. Now I will I will also say this. You know who else makes mistakes? Yeah? Everybody? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you're right, I know you got it. Well not everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when the sauce ever made a mistake.
Speaker 5: Well here's the other thing. I'm not speaking to anyone in particular. I'm just saying this is.
Speaker 1: All we got this brother.
Speaker 5: The busty lady does not want to meet you in why Zetta. Okay, she's not real. I'm just that's just a blanket statement.
Speaker 1: Okay, But Papa's already there with flowers.
Speaker 7: You're not saying that to somebody, who would I be saying that too.
Speaker 4: Hawk Ben Leeber joined in a second, we'll do the news. We'll ask him about Jamal Adams in a little bit.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Northern Tool and Equipment.