Speaker 1: I think that's fine.
Speaker 2: Every time we do a Christmas wish, we kind of wrap it up with a Christmas song, and it doesn't always.
Speaker 1: Have to be a morose, sad Christmas song.
Speaker 2: We were talking in our U Lately Club meeting last night about that horrible Christmas song about the bus crash. Can you google the name of the Tide. It just searched Christmas song bus crash and it'll come up.
Speaker 3: And it's just it's called old fashion Christmas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very good, Vaut look at you, and it's just if you get a chance listen to it, it is worse than Christmas Shoes. Christmas Shoes is at least a pretty song. This song is just dopey, like, oh, it's a bus crash. Everybody died, but Daddy didn't die. Let's celebrate.
Speaker 3: We got to play that on the show.
Speaker 1: Write it down, Jenny, we'll play it tomorrow. What's it called, though?
Speaker 4: But what it's called an old fashioned Christmas? And for some reason I have next to it Daddy's Home. I don't know if that's like the.
Speaker 1: Title. All right, do this, Vonn's gonna stir the pot and see what's on Vaughn's mind. What do you got.
Speaker 4: Get rid of Christmas caroling. I hate to beat the grnch, but nobody really enjoys Christmas caroling at all.
Speaker 3: I would, of course you would, Bailey.
Speaker 1: No, do you mean the singers or the recipients?
Speaker 3: I think both.
Speaker 4: I think it's just as uncomfortable as whenever you go when you guys a hypy birthday song.
Speaker 3: To you at a restaurant.
Speaker 4: I as the recipient, I just kind of have to sit here and wait till you're done. It's just kind of awkward, make a weird facial expression. And then as the person that sings, it's just awkward, like we don't really want to be standing out here in the cold, singing we wish you on Marry Christmas.
Speaker 3: We wish you a merry Christmas. I can see your face.
Speaker 4: I can see that you really are Could you could care less about anything that we are doing right now?
Speaker 5: I feel like it would. I understand where you're coming from. Where, Like, if they're standing very close to me and I can see their face and I know that they can see mine, I might feel awkward. Yeah, But if I'm standing, you know, thirty feet away singing and there's I don't know a collection of people all listening.
Speaker 3: It's easier for.
Speaker 1: Me to shut it on.
Speaker 2: I'm ficturing Bailey like three feet away from me, and she's looking right at me.
Speaker 1: Go bring us some figgie pudding.
Speaker 3: Now, bring us some piggy pudding.
Speaker 2: Like I'd have on a fake smile like the movie smile. That would be super creepy and uncomfortable. But if it's like you know, a group of people and they kind of blend into each other, I wouldn't mind Christmas carollers.
Speaker 5: No, I want to be in a Christmas carol group. Let me know if you have one, I want to be in it. I'm an alto.
Speaker 4: Because how you, I mean, do you? I don't know how it works. You sing a couple of songs. You just sing one song really just one, yeah.
Speaker 3: One, maybe two, and then you move on to the next spot. See that's so annoying.
Speaker 4: If I see you pull up on my ring camera, I'm gonna cut off all the lights and be like, no, nobody's ho, what a screwge.
Speaker 2: We used to do it in youth group when I was in school, and I told this story earlier. Coincidentally, this is back in the day when it was like encouraged to pack fifteen kids in the back of a pickup bed and you drive around the icy roads in Colorado. And Mark Connell always bought a brought a bottle of Jack Daniels if we were fourteen years old, so we'd pass our we were in Colorado, y ass around a bottle of Jack Daniels and drink Jack Daniels and then stagger out of the pickup bed, go sing we bring us pick.
Speaker 1: A shout out, markl and Jack Daniels.
Speaker 3: Can you sing some more modern songs?
Speaker 6: Sing?
Speaker 4: Kelly Clarkson, singing too difficult? Singing Carol of the Bells. I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 5: That's but that's but Carol of the Bells is like written for a four part choet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Underneath the tree.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's way too difficult to sing. Do you imagine you'd have to have an accompanying band to keep fat? But you know how much more enjoyable they'd be. I could sing along. It's a modern pops or imagine Christmas Carols. It's a wonderful feeling.
Speaker 5: They might Some are the ones that wear like just the smart little sweaters and the slacks instead of you know, the bonnet and the old timey dress.
Speaker 7: I would love that, right, thank you. Thanks, get rid of Christmas Carol and the worst. No, no, all right, we'll come back in a second. On Katie w b the Home of Christmas Wish the Day Brian in the morning show, We're gonna put a game called Naughty or Nice and you will call the radio station and Santa is here. Santa will tell you whether you are naughty or nice. And you've been nice, that's great. You'll probably get what you want for Christmas. But if not, you've been naughty, you're going to get a spanking. Let's do Jenny right now, Hi, Jenny, let me get Santa. Santa, can you come here one second?
Speaker 5: Here he's coming in, he's coming in.
Speaker 6: Hi, Jenny, the Christmas Jenny, Jenny, I'm looking at you.
Speaker 1: You. Oh Jenny, you're.
Speaker 6: A bad girl.
Speaker 1: You've been naughty.
Speaker 6: Turn around, slow it down a little bit there now, you be a good girl.
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 1: Thank you Santa. That's great. You're welcome.
Speaker 4: Dave.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, so college now and Santa's going to tell you whether you've been naughty.
Speaker 1: Or nice? The phone's lit up pretty serious nine eighty nine kd w B DWB. We're so excited.
Speaker 2: Santa is here to uh find out whether you are naughty or nice?
Speaker 1: Sanna? You ready? Oh Dave, I'm so ready. Well, let's get the phone here.
Speaker 3: Here, I'll pick it up for you, Santa, so you don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: Is this Sean? Sew Where are you calling from? Sean?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: One of the naughtiest cities in Minnesota? Sean? How about tweet? Do you smoke every day? Sean?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: I'm not a high school with kids now, so not as much.
Speaker 1: As how old are you? Sean? I'm twenty six, Sean.
Speaker 6: You've been.
Speaker 1: Turn around, Sean, turn around? Sean.
Speaker 6: Oh, No, and here we go.
Speaker 8: Ah one more, Oh, Sean, Mery Christmas?
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas?
Speaker 1: Sannah, thank you?
Speaker 7: Well, okay, well, the only thing that's hello?
Speaker 1: Oh wait, hold on, let me let me Santa wants to talk to you, Becky. Let me get him.
Speaker 6: Oh halrd berky, Hi, Sanna, Becky.
Speaker 1: Have you been a good girl this year? I?
Speaker 8: Sure?
Speaker 6: What about that one nighted cow boy Jackson the parking lot? I know, Santa, seize you when you're sleeping, and he knows when you're in the back of a Nissan Altima. Turn around, Becky, here we go. Hold still, Well, you've got a squirmer.
Speaker 3: She's been framed.
Speaker 1: She's been framed, Becky.
Speaker 6: You have a merry Christmas. I've got a nice boy on the phone.
Speaker 1: Rico. Good morning, Good morning, Rico.
Speaker 6: Where are you calling from Minnesota?
Speaker 1: What in spank for being in Manto?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Come on, Rico, have you been a good boy this year?
Speaker 6: I have been?
Speaker 1: I have. What about that time you took a swing at a bouncer at I.
Speaker 3: Hop Oh that No, that was taken out of contact. Bounce us, I hop to.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a rough neighborhood, bo Rico.
Speaker 6: Turn around one more? You want another one?
Speaker 1: Rico? Then I'm barely eighteen? It okay? Then you're legal naughty lit.
Speaker 6: Finally, Trudy, there's one name that's always on the naughty list.
Speaker 1: True? How old are you, Trudy?
Speaker 5: I almost hold enough to be your mom?
Speaker 9: Sannah?
Speaker 6: Okay, good, we don't have to worry about legalities.
Speaker 1: Okay, Trudy. Tell me why you've been such a good girl this year?
Speaker 9: Oh? I haven't been good Sanna?
Speaker 1: Telling me more.
Speaker 3: Truthy, are you drunk right now? I mean I might have had a couple of cocktails, Trudy.
Speaker 1: It's nine to forty in the morning. Turn around, Trudy. Are you ready?
Speaker 9: Yep?
Speaker 1: Here we go and a one than two and three? What you were going to turn this into that? I knew it.
Speaker 6: You would call me daddy, Call me daddy.
Speaker 3: Oh is a naughty crowd.
Speaker 6: Truth is a little I'm going to be spending a little extra time at house.
Speaker 9: You know, what about the kids in South America?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they can wait. Chanta is at Trudy's house.
Speaker 3: Those cookies.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas, goodbye.
Speaker 6: Trudy, Thank you?
Speaker 1: Are you guys proud of this bit?
Speaker 4: And all?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 9: That was weird. You didn't say much during them.
Speaker 1: Why weren't you talking?
Speaker 9: I should do a little gig all of America.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you saved my heart from the.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 2: That song is so catchy. That is one of the catchiest songs I've ever heard in my life. I was on my way to ukulele club last night and I just kept singing that hook over and then and Nan.
Speaker 1: And Hannah, Hannah no feely, Yeah, the words there's a shutout, That's what you should do.
Speaker 9: Is there a dance Jenny, keep it one hundred on the land, the sea, the sky, pledge, allegiance to your hand, your teen you have.
Speaker 3: That, and then you do a bunch of things. I did learn it.
Speaker 5: Wow, Jenny did do it, and she did it real che didn't do?
Speaker 1: You know who you know who wrote that song with Taylor Swift?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 2: A guy named Max Martin, the same guy who wrote hit Me Baby one More Time?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: I Want It that way and every other like in sync big pop song of the two thousands. Max Martin is the old Now he's got to be old ish.
Speaker 5: Wow, he's not that old fifty four, which means he wrote I Want It that Way when he was like twenty something.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He's amazing. He's amazing. I mean he's he just just stops cranks out these hits. And what a gift.
Speaker 2: I couldn't write a song if I had to, And to be able to write a cashy song like those that is just amazing and not have to be out on tour and not have to be like performing, but sit there at your piano and your computer and just write these songs and cash your checks.
Speaker 4: It's a skill because you got to also make sure it matches the artist too, Like you can make a good song, but it doesn't work with every artist.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Like I don't know if I could tape a cray Caul pull that off. I wonder if he picks who he gives them to, or if they try to buy them off in it.
Speaker 2: I do think buy him honestly, but I think he has some say in it because he doesn't want to give it to like some unknown. You don't give a beautiful song like that to some unknown. You give to somebody who's gonna sell a zillion copies and get a doubt of a billion streams because you're gonna make more money off of that.
Speaker 4: Which is weird though, because then you would think, how do the smaller artists get songs that are popping if nobody's selling them the big song.
Speaker 2: They get to write their own, their first couple of songs, They get to write their own, like Taylor Swift her first handful of songs or dozen songs she wrote on her own. And yeah, and so if you're like like walk the Moon, they didn't have Taylor Swift or like Max Martin write that song Walk the Moon, shut up and Danceman. They wrote it on their own, and that's why they've never come up with another hit song is because they're not particularly gifted songwriters and they don't get the power of a Max Martin. There's your lesson in the music industry. Wow, half of which I made.
Speaker 5: Up half of I mean, you said it convincingly, But.
Speaker 1: Which half half? That's the question. Let's do the dirt on KGWB a couple of things.
Speaker 2: We're gonna basically get past the heavier stuff about Rob Ryner. There's really not a whole lot new to tell you about that one, but I will say there's a new movie, Spielberg's God coming out. It's called a Disclosure Day and it's about an alien invasion. And Emily Blunt is a TV weather person that's like, all of a sudden, becomes an alien live while she's trying to do the weather.
Speaker 3: Good Morning, Kansas City. Let's take a loft. Let's today is Today's.
Speaker 9: Sick?
Speaker 2: And Astley looks really good. I think it comes out next summer. It's a ways away, though.
Speaker 9: So there's big news at the Minnesota Zoo. Snooky the loggerhead sea turtle has made her debut at the Zoo's Shark Rea. Yeah, apparently it's been nearly a decade of rehabilitation and a cross country journey and a month behind the scenes, but now they just had her enter into the shark Reef habitat this morning, and so now you can go see Snooky the loggerhead sea turtle cute.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to Britney Spears is up to some wacky behavior once again, because she's Britney Spears. She was returning from Cabo with this random ripped fitness influencer guy who she has no connection with before, and she was carrying a toy baby carrier as well. Why who knows, But she's Britney Spears, so she's always up to something kooky.
Speaker 4: These are the top most iconic Christmas movie characters ranked, and i'll go quick ten to one. Ten is Rudolph. Number nine is Gizmo from Gremlin's Never Heard Of It? Number eight are The Wet Bandit's so the Sticky Band is Harry mar from Home Alone. Number seven, I'm surprised it's this loathes buddy the Elf. Number six is John McLain from Bruce Willis Die or Bruce Willis from die Hard and then number five through one most iconic Christmas Movie characters. Number five is Kevin McAllister. Again, I think that's a little low for him. Number four is George Bailey from Its Wonderful Life. Never seen it? Number three you just saw it last night, right. Number three is Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. Number two is Ebone's a Scrooge and the number one most iconic Christmas movie character, Grinch.
Speaker 5: What gets me is that you've never even heard of gremlins. No, I haven't not even heard of it. No, not even You can't get them wet, and then you can't like put them in the microwave.
Speaker 2: You don't feed them after dark or something like that. Don't put seriously, did you make that up?
Speaker 5: No? I think that's one of them gets put in the microwave and he explodes, which makes sense because you put a gremlin in the microphone. It's a movie, Vin, I don't know if you'd like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: It's not my It doesn't not my cup of tea, but neither does what I say. It's a Wonderful life.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good.
Speaker 3: You said, it's like a period piece right. It's not a period piece.
Speaker 1: It is very dated.
Speaker 2: If you like classic movies, it this that is a dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer Anernheimer's Injury Law. Shout out to you guys. We'll be back tomorrow with another Christmas wish. It is a week away from Christmas Eve, you guys, but we still got some more wishes to grant and we'll do those tomorrow on kde WB. Check out the podcast or the Minnesota Goodbye. It's a lot of fun. We did a live Minnesota Goodbye podcast a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time. Go check out the Minnesota Goodbye on the iHeartRadio app.