Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio While it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 2: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petrosin Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst, and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 1: Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 2: We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakis and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The wonder is not that so many are ruined, but that so many survived.
Speaker 2: Going with you, Petro sayd Money AM five seventy.
Speaker 4: LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Just a two hour show today because we had Clipper basketball Clippers Grizzlies tipping off at five pregame at four pm. Adam Auslin will have that and if you don't get it here year on A five to seventy LA Sports. Remember how much the Petros and Money Show appreciates. Clippers Talk available on YouTube starring Adam Ausland and make sure you have your notifications turned on for that one, because it could happen at any time of any day, even two am when Clippers Nation is freaking out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and in the middle of the night when a fully functional employee. Adam and Kevin Figures are doing their Fox Sports radio show. They're going to have twenty minutes of Petros Papadakis, but we will have the college Whip black in the very next segment, so everything will be okay in that regard. All right, Matt, let's get to it before we get to the college Whip and you're dead and alive, and say goodbye for what's been a very productive week in great sports talk. We've had a lot of great sports talk. Long Beat City College the word of the day, his words, the word of the day. Today's word of the day is Olay the Viking. Long Beach City College, And Matt, you identify with Orange County, but you're very close to Long Beach. I mean you live right on the border there.
Speaker 4: Preston used to practice there when she played volleyball for her club team, so I spent some time on campus there.
Speaker 3: Long Beach City College LBCC a proud place with a proud tradition since nineteen twenty seven, is currently trying to fight off a student siege to replace Olay the Viking and being the Vikings that they have had since nineteen twenty seven. Students are currently pushing to change it to a dolphin captain Daney the Dolphin, to better reflect the diverse coastal community and values of modern Long Beach City College.
Speaker 2: I mean Vikings are a seafaring people, I mean, are they not?
Speaker 3: Was selected by the student body when the school started in nineteen twenty seven. This is like what happened some time ago at Long Beach State who were the forty nine ers, not because they enslaved Chinese indigenous people on the railroads, but because the school was established in nineteen forty nine. This school is more than twenty years older. They're called the Vikings. I don't know who's upset about the Vikings, but they want to change it to Danny the Dolphin.
Speaker 2: I'm not love dolphins. Everybody Dolphins.
Speaker 3: The dolphin symbolizes the local coastline unity and the college's values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. I don't know why a dolphin symbolizes equity and inclusion and diversity.
Speaker 2: Because it's not a white guy.
Speaker 3: I mean it's not a white guy, but the Viking technically, I mean he's an ancient warrior. He's not. It's an ongoing discussion. Strong student support for the diversity and inclusion dolphin. Like LB the pronoun shark.
Speaker 2: I believe it's LB.
Speaker 3: It is that he doesn't. It's not like he or her. LB's like A and and I don't think there are any transgender sharks.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I believe they are either male or few.
Speaker 3: You identify one way or the other. If you're a shark, I mean really, your only real goal.
Speaker 2: Is to eat, yeah, top of the food chain.
Speaker 3: Right, So LB the pronoun shark, and now perhaps Danny the diversity dolphin. When we look at Danny d a n I e. Daney, Danny the dolphin or Danny.
Speaker 2: Why does this have to be so hard? You know, I don't know why. Why students started.
Speaker 3: Their school in nineteen twenty seven they named their mascot. I don't think anybody's upset.
Speaker 4: It's a JC. You're gone in two years.
Speaker 3: Like strong student push diversity and inclusion. What is this viking? What is this raping and pillaging that he's doing?
Speaker 2: I appreciate.
Speaker 4: I think we can all appreciate the effort and the ability to rally for a cause. But let's maybe just you know, there's.
Speaker 3: Got to be a better cause, yes than Danny or Danny the Diversity Dolphin. Just imagine you know, your little kids go to an event in Long Beach. You got Danny the Diversity Dolphin and LB the pronoun Shark. They'll never know about the tough and rough forty nine er and the hardcore Viking from nineteen twenty seven. And it's totally a that's a pretty good reaction time for the number of the day.
Speaker 2: Here's my number of the day.
Speaker 4: Well, your number of the dayp is twelve hundred ninety seven. And much like the Bob Schmidt promo suggests, the Petros and Money Show will always find a way to take a shot.
Speaker 2: Yes, we will shot to be taken.
Speaker 3: Get him out of here, get him money here.
Speaker 4: At Lebron, James, this is it might look. Is it a coincidence?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 4: I don't think Lebron set out in the contest last night against the Raptors to score less than double digit points. And I'm not saying that Craig Carton is the freaking Today Show or Good Morning America. But I think we know that Lebron has got some serious rabbit ears. And if you want to take a listen here to Carr. I believe his show is broadcast on FS one, So it's certainly possible that Lebron had it on. Was maybe watching a little sports the night before, wakes up, here's this rant, and it plants the seat.
Speaker 3: Why are you in the game?
Speaker 5: And then it dawns on me why he's in the game with six and a half minutes to go. It wasn't about trying to lead a comeback and trying to win the game. It was about ego. It was about stat padding, which is what he's most famous for. So Lebron James has a streak of scoring ten points or more in one thousand, two hundred, now ninety seven games, which is absurd, obviously, right, great streaks.
Speaker 3: It's great if it were real.
Speaker 5: All right, we mean, so last night he's sitting on seven points, all right, and there's six and a half minutes to go, and the streak's gonna come to an end. So rather than do the right thing for his health if he does have a bad foot, rather than do the right thing for his team, and that is protect your foot in your health. Lebron James stays on the court until he gets those ten points, and he makes a three to get to ten, and as soon as he got to ten the next whistle he takes himself out of the game because the streak is intact, and the streak clearly is more important to him than being available for the next Laker game, than being available for five Laker games from now, you know, to be available to play in sixty games for the Lakers, because he missed so many games early on, and that kind of sums up Lebron James to me in a nutshell.
Speaker 3: It's not about the team.
Speaker 5: It's not about comeback and trying to steal the victory down by twenty some odd points, which is not going to happen with six minutes to go in the fourth quarter. Obviously, it's about me. It's about my legacy, it's about my streak.
Speaker 4: So Carton, very you know detailed in his analysis, points out that Lebron has had this twelve hundred night, ninety six game streak of at least ten points. It's a dumbass streak in the first place. Who the hell. Nobody says, hey, did that guy score ten points in that game?
Speaker 2: Wow? What a great game he had? He scored ten points?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, who was aware of this? Why did anybody care?
Speaker 2: Oh? I would assume Lebron's people were aware of it.
Speaker 3: But this is all kinds of gets not like he plays in every game, like who cares?
Speaker 4: So twelve hundred and ninety six games, going into that contest against the Suns, Lebron had scored at least ten points. And it's actually a pretty big storyline in the gambling world where people will PLoP fifteen grand down to that Lebron will score at least ten points to win, like fifty to win four hundred bucks, they'll risk fifteen k. So last night someone probably lost ten grand or fifteen grand or something like that, because people do this every single Lebron James game and they win like five hundred bucks. But Cardinal, as you heard there, pointed out this guy was done, the game was over. He's been nursing an ankle injury and a back injury and sciatica and all that, and yet he's out there with the team down thirty points, and the second he gets his tenth point he checks out.
Speaker 3: Get him out of here.
Speaker 4: He's out of the game. I got my ten points. I'm at twelve ninety seven consecutively. It's the dumbest streak in basketball. And now I can go sit down and my team can lose by twenty. Well, wouldn't you know? After that got some traction. The very next game, Lebron James snaps his streak and he scores but eight points last night, four of seventeen, zero of five from three. Do I think it was intentional? I don't know. Could he have driven the basket on the game winner that he instead kicked to Ruy. They weren't down three, it was a tie, game really was open. He hits the bucket, they win the game, really celebrates with the other three guys on the floor, because Lebron James didn't join the scrum to celebrate with Ruie. Instead, he just walked by himself with his hands in the air for delivering the game winning assist that was on the other side.
Speaker 2: Of the court that moment. Yes, but.
Speaker 4: It is hard to believe that Carton Who's whose rant? His message did get quite a bit of following in traction on social media over the last couple of days. So even if he didn't see it on the FS one, he very well could have seen it on his Instagram feed or his Twitter feed or something along those lines, because it was getting passed around because of how he immediately checked out after getting his tenth point. And wouldn't you know, Lebron is now out for this game against the Celtics tonight with an ankle injury, So there is that as well coincidence. Maybe I'm gonna go with no, but at least that dumb ass streak that people had been talking about as though it was something that ought to be celebrated.
Speaker 3: He gave up the streak games. He gave up the streak to make a dime to.
Speaker 4: Rui and then celebrate by himself as Ruy was mobbed by his teammates. Way to go, Lebron, Way to go.
Speaker 3: There's always some weird behind the scenes, meaning there's always some stupid media agenda, Like it's just terrible between Lebron and ESPN and the SEC, everything's the worst. Like I'm so tired of everybody.
Speaker 2: Well and Danny the Dolphin.
Speaker 3: Danny, I think, sorry, Dan, I don't know, I don't know, Matt I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't listen. Danny is not Da Nie, that's for sure, so maybe you're right. It's at Danny, Danny, Danny.
Speaker 3: The Diversity Dolphin. Ronnie, this is the song of the day.
Speaker 1: Yea.
Speaker 6: Johnny Rivers performs today song of the Day with his version of Chuck Berry's Memphis, recorded live at the Whiskey of Go Go in nineteen sixty four. Because the Petros and Money Show is on a flex alert on this frog Man as Clippers basketball is in the southern city of Memphis, Tennessee, where they are looking to capture two in a row with a win against the Grizz at FedEx Forum later on this afternoon, and Great Sports Talk will bounce pass it over to Adam Oslin for that Clippers countdown show that's coming up soon.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Ronnie. We'll get you to the college football Whip Around when we return.
Speaker 1: With me. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA.
Speaker 4: Sports trow some Money had five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app going until four o'clock.
Speaker 2: It is a flex alert. Today we started at two.
Speaker 4: We got Clippers basketball taking on the Memphis Grizzlies. Remember, as you're home of the back to back World Series champion LA Dodgers, make sure you have got the Iheartradiola Sports tile saved to your presets.
Speaker 3: It is like a well, well that's a cool modern word.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, it's tyle. It's like a radio station. Now he's been a radio.
Speaker 3: I just s pop that tile.
Speaker 4: It's right there on the front of your iHeartRadio app. And you're gonna want to make sure you have it if you're a Dodger fan, because Davessa is going to be back with a bunch of Dodger talks as the Winter meetings are happening right now in Orlando and a lot of action Japanese players perhaps, or trades or relievers or guys like Kyle Tucker, Boba Schett. You want to stay on top of all of that, and you can do that by subscribing to AID the Petros and Money Show and b Dodger Talk.
Speaker 3: All right, mad, it is time for the college whip whack. ESPN was doing damage control earlier this week for the bad publicity it got from the media critics over how the College Game Day commentators stops short of criticizing Lane Kiffin. Two conflicts were in play Matt first, Lane Kiffin abandon a playoff team, and the two most solid football men on the desk, kerb Street and Sabin, both said out loud on the show that Lane should leave old MSS for LSU, but still be allowed to coach the Rebels in the playoff. Lane and Saban are both represented by college football's biggest agent, Jimmy Sexton. It was Sexton who pushed Sabin to hire Lane as an assistant ten years ago in Barama, and herb Street and show host Rhys Davis are represented by CAA, which employs. Jimmy said it would have been better TV if a couple people on the panel would have just told the truth. The other conflict is more nuanced and more insulting. ESPN announcers obviously criticize bad passes and bad coaching decisions like going for a fourth down instead of punting, but ESPN Game Day announcers are going to stop short of criticizing the machine of the SEC the blue blood school poaching the head coach from a close rival during the regular season with a playoff bit in place file that under corporate synergy. The ESPN publicists were red alert. Earlier this week, sports media critics were told Saban was off limits. They placed Rhys Davis on ESPN podcast and dance around the issue. Fowler started going on all over. It was announced yesterday that somehow ESPN was able to book the new LSU head coach Lane Kiffin on game day as a guest. Oh god, they will not ask him. Lane. You told several media outlets that the old miss players wanted you to coach them in the playoff. Several rebel players took to social media and said that wasn't true. What really happened. I don't think you're gonna hear that question. Here's wishing Lane good luck at LSU. Last week's picks, we're disappointing four and three. My overall record is now barely above water forty five and forty three for the season. After Ohio State coverage against Michigan last Saturday, I was at four and oh was looking at a big week. But USC's nineteen point win over UCLA. Didn't cover the twenty one and a half Notre Dame didn't cover the thirty two and a half in your game, Matt Stanford scored those two fourth quarter touchdowns. Well, you and Berlin were talking about servit.
Speaker 2: Oh so great.
Speaker 3: So without further on the roof, So without further ado, let's get to this week's picks of the college football went plat Troy at eight and four and number twenty five I James Madison eleven and one in the Sunbelt Final four o'clock today on Espen. The Dukes are favored by twenty three and a half. UCLA fans will get a chance to see their new coach, Bob Chesney at work. It was amazing that in Chesney's two seasons at James Madison that he inherited a program that was riding high, and he kept the program riding high despite Kurt Signetti taking fourteen players with him to Indiana. That's a great sign for UCLA that Chesney can immediately manage an unfamiliar roster at a new program. Now, I don't know any players on either team, but I do know JMU won every home game by double digits. The JMU win and a Virginia loss could send the Dukes to the CFP playoffs, and that would delay Chesney's arrival to Westwood. I'm taking James Madison minus the twenty three and a half Dukes number twenty four in North Texas eleven and one at number twenty two lane ten and two in the AAC final five o'clock to day on ABC, the Mean Green are favored by two and a half. Bob Chesney isn't the only lame duck coaching this weekend. Florida's new coach, John Sumrawl is hoping to finish his tenure at two lane with a CFP playoff Berth. The Green Wave has to slow down the Mean Green's amazing pass offense. The architect of that offense, Eric Morris, is another lame duck coach who will be moving on to Oklahoma State. The most high profile player in this game is the two lane quarterback Jake rehtz Laugh, who played his high school ball at Matt Logan's Corona Centennial Football Factory. He has passed for fourteen touchdowns and run for fourteen this season. Most schools are still alive for the CFP A win in the championship game would likely secure two LEN a spot in the playoff as the highest ranked group of five. Team North Texas would need a win and losses by Virginia and James Madison to be considered. I'm taking the Green Wave over the mean Green plus two and a half UNLV ten and two at Boise State eight and four in the Mountain West Final tonight on Fox Broncos favored by five and a half. The Mountain West Championship Game was decided with a four way tiebreaker because New Mexico, San Diego State, Boise and UNLV all finished with six and two conference records. The Mountain West would tie break formula use a combo of four different computer rankings. I like the effort to use the computers instead of a bunch of people in four seasons in an omelet mark.
Speaker 4: It's a hell of an omleipar though they got crab. Really put you in the right frame of mind when you want to start ranking these teams.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: I dined with the committee ones.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was delicious.
Speaker 3: The twelve team Mountain West will look different next season. San Diego State, Fresno State, Colorado State, Utah State, and Boise are all leaving for the Pac twelve, but as far as this game goes, Boise has more bona fides and experience. I like the swagger in confidence UNLV brings. Boise beat the Rebels in a game that I did earlier this year on the blue turf, fifty six to thirty one, but Boise had a healthy quarterback. It's a rematch of last year's Mountain West Championship game. Boise won that game when they had Ashton genty with temperatures in the forty and ran in the forecast. Give me the Reps plus the five and a half Black b Yu eleven eleven and one versus Number four Texas Tech eleven and one in the Big twelve Final, nine am Saturday, NBC from the Jerry Jones Dallas Palace. Red Raiders are favored by twelve and a half. These teams met a month ago in Lubbock. It was an absolute Red Raiders beat down the Cougars only game two hundred and fifty yards. They had three turnovers. Bear Bachmeyer looked like a freshman, and besides getting crushed, they didn't really pass the eyeball test. In the Body Language World BYU got an emotional lift earlier this week when klode Zetaki confirmed he'd be staying in Provo. But the Texas Tech defense looks like an NFL team sort of. They're two worst games this season. They lost twenty six to twenty two at Arizona State, which you pointed out earlier this week, Matt, and they won forty three to twenty at Kansas State. Those are the only two games they've allowed twenty points. Now, we're openly pro Bachmeyer on this show, but it ain't happening this time around.
Speaker 2: Texas.
Speaker 4: Come on, Sataki, stay in. We got all the crumble cookies we want.
Speaker 3: Mark my words, Texas Tech's going to be a tough out in the playoff. I got the Red Raiders guns up on the plains of West Texas twelve and at half points, you're given take the Raidersla Georgia Bama.
Speaker 2: How about this show down? Papendekis dead with.
Speaker 3: It for God's sakes, Well, well, I led you know I'm trying to do it there.
Speaker 2: Hook them in and then they stick right to the UNLV.
Speaker 3: Georgia's eleven and one, Alabama's ten and two. The SEC final one o'clock Saturday, ABC from the Dolmen Atlanta. The Tide won the September game in Athens, wire to wire. They got up fourteen nothing early in the second quarter. They won twenty four to twenty one. George's better team now, But this isn't Stetson Bennett, brock Bowers or Jalen Carter's Georgia teams.
Speaker 4: Those NFL players I know fantastic. Stetson Bennicott out duel Matthew Stafford any day.
Speaker 3: It's the alcohol that took him down to me. Bama's opening loss to Florida State is in the rearview mirror. There are only other blemish is a two point loss to Oklahoma. I think Ty Simpson gives the tie the edge at quarterback. He's got better play making receivers than Georgia does. I expect both these teams to make the playoff regardless of Tomorrow's at outcome. Give me Kaylin Debourne again and Bama plus two and a half wack Duke seven and five.
Speaker 4: I can't say I like that prediction. Papadakas, why what do you care? I think they both win. I think they both come out victorious.
Speaker 2: Is what it is. I haven't worked out.
Speaker 3: I sat there both going to the playoff Duke seven and five versus number seventeen Virginia ten, and to the ACC final five o'clock Saturday on ABC from Charlotte. The Who's are favored by three and a half. If Duke wins, that means the ACC will not have a team in the College Playoff. Duke would be the ACC conference champ, would be eight and five over and all, and would not be ranked in the CFP standings, And that would let my love open the door, open the door for a second highest ranked group of six conference champion could leave the door open for a coveted at large team. UVA has had a great season under head coach Tony Elliott. He was the OC at Clemson when Trevor Lawrence was the quarterback, and he's done a great job with the transfer quarterback Chandler Morris. Duke's quarterback Darien Mensa is from Slow Town and his star receiver, Cooper Barkate is from Newport Beach. This is the Wahoo's year. Give me Virginia over playoff chaos. I got Virginia minus three and a half. Wow. Finally, Matt that brings us to the Big Ten Game, which I believe is the Tim Kates Compass Media Game Number two Indiana twelve and zero versus Number one Ohio State twelve and zero Big Ten Final, five o'clock Saturday. Indie Buckeyes are favored by four and a half Number one versus number two, both teams guaranteed to be in the playoff. The Buckeyes look unbeatable. They have no visible weakness. Their only potential loose end could be that Ohio State hasn't really played a close game yet, hasn't had to dig deep yet. Closest games Ohio State played this season, they defeated Washington, Illinois, and Michigan, all by eighteen points. Indiana's had to dig deep three times this season, all on the road. They won ugly in late September in Iowa twenty to fifteen. They got a signature win in Oregon two weeks later, then the miracle comeback win at Penn State, perhaps the most thrilling finish in all of college football this season and as far as recent history goes. When the teams met in November last season, the Buckeyes won thirty eight to fifteen in Columbus India, and remember Will Howard acted like he was putting signetti out like a cigarette on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Remember that that was actually kind of funny.
Speaker 3: Indiana will attack on offense, but I think Ohio State will have the answers. They're just too solid across the board. Give it to the Buckeyes minus four and a half whack. The week after Army Navy would be a good time to do a story about how illogical the sixteen and eighteen team conferences are and they make no sense from a competition standpoint that the fourteen tie break in the Mountain West could happen in the Power four leagues as well when the consequences are higher, I mean having that many team without divisions. We're a mess, and the schools and players and the loves deserve better, and we'll talk about that black. My favorites this week are James Madison, Texas Tech, Virginia, and Ohio State. My underdogs are two Lane UNLV and Bama Des Fruit and Los Wuegos. Everybody enjoy the games. And that is your college football whip around final before we have bowl season and the CFP, and I think we're doing a debt and alive today, right, Matt.
Speaker 2: Indeed we are.
Speaker 4: It will finish out our week as we go to that great Clippers contest at the Grindhouse, although I don't think they grind anymore in Memphis, but uh yeah, Clippers Grizzlies is what you will.
Speaker 2: They just ran your commute home.
Speaker 3: They just cringe at all Ja Morant's behavior. That's all they do.
Speaker 2: That sounds right.
Speaker 3: It's called the Cringe House now.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, you say so, cringe don't shoot me?
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rondee.
Speaker 2: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with.
Speaker 3: David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record.
Speaker 1: Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: All right, that'll be it for us, mercifully coming to an end the Petros and Money Show. But that doesn't mean there's not gonna be a weekend of fun and games. Are we carrying your games on the station? Kates Kate's Big ten Extravaganza. Well, we got Clippers, Oh, that's cool.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately, we got the I thought maybe we would take the uh, you know, the nine am or I knew that, you know, we couldn't get the unfortunately, five pm kick for Indiana Ohio State, which is the crown jewel of all of them.
Speaker 2: You'll see that on Fox.
Speaker 4: But I was like, ah, maybe we can get ourselves a little BYU Texas Tech going into that.
Speaker 2: But alas, it's a Clipper only day on.
Speaker 3: Clipper nation's freaking out. I don't know if you knew that, Clipernation, it is freaking out, and I was like, is this guy serious. It's like, oh, okay, yeah, he's totally serious, and he is inflamed. He is not happy with me.
Speaker 4: Even though he's inflamed, we still suggest you go subscribe on YouTube to Clippers Talk with Adam Auslin.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's up and running now. That door's wide open now. So I enjoy that. So we do. But we do have some play by play. The schedule talk is the schedule talk. We'll have a full show on Monday. The Chargers are playing on KFI and we're off early today because the Clippers are on again.
Speaker 4: We Clippers be grizzlies in the very next segment you'll hear Adam Auslin. I'm sure he's excited to follow us and then tip off at five pm right here on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 3: And tonight we got Bacshin and the sun Belt. The troubles are over, dude.
Speaker 2: Right's pretty good Friday night.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Kidding me freaking North Texas two lane.
Speaker 3: Let's go all right now, this is the AAC. This is usually right up your alley, Matt, but why not today for your dead guy. Birthday of the Day one hundred and forty one years old is Clyde Cessna, the aircraft legend Ronnie from Kansas. Well, he grew up in Kansas, but he's from Iowa and he was into machinery and fixing farm equipment. He became interested in cars ended up being a successful car dealer in Enid, Oklahoma, which is where my grandmother was born. In nineteen ten, Clyde witnessed an aviation show and it inspired him and set out to build his very first airplane, named Silverwing, a monoplane, and it took him forever to get it up into the air. He tried at least thirteen times to get the thing to fly and kept crashing. Crashed into a bunch of trees. After one crash, he is reported to have said, I'm going to fly this thing and then I'm going to set it a fire and never have another thing to do with airplanes. But that was not what ended up happening. He ended up figuring out how to fly it and figuring out how to build them. In nineteen eleven, he had his first successful flight. People changed from cheering at him to cheering for him. He was the first person to build and fly airplanes in the heartland of the United States of America, that is, between the Mississippi River and the Rocky Mountains, and after the success of the silver Wing Cesna, he permanently quit his work with the automobile industry to pursue his interests in aviation. He acquired a vacant building and started going, and when flying got popular during World War One, he started working for Travel Air Manufacturing Company in Wichita, Kansas. Realized that he could do his own thing. In September nine, eighteen twenty seven, him and an aviation entrepreneur named Victor Russ created Cesna Russ Aircraft, which ended up becoming Cesna Aircraft and he started building the CW six, which flew in nineteen twenty eight the DC eight, which flew in nineteen twenty nine. A success until the Great Depression that led to a catastrophe and a decline in aircraft sales. He turned the company over to his nephews, Dwayne and Dwight, and they continued. He went back to a simple life of farming. But he is in the National Aviation Hall of Fame, the International Air and Space Hall of Fame, and Clyde Cesna's field in Kingman, Kansas is named after him. Aircraft Corporation has been owned by tax Tron Aviation since twenty fourteen, but is still headquartered in which of Ta, Kansas.
Speaker 4: How about that kind of cool well heartland. You know that's where you're That's what he did. Your center is keep it there.
Speaker 3: So Clyde Cessna, builder of small planes, A very synonymous word with flying single engine danger to me is Sesna. Indeed, So good luck to Clyde and his family as they continue building monoplanes.
Speaker 4: You're a live gyp happy forty eighth to Neil Druckman spelled with two ends, legend in the gaming world and co creator of one of the hottest shows that streams. I don't think we say on TV anymore.
Speaker 3: He is the one of the hottest TV shows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of the hottest streaming shows. You to stay him there on your screen on TV. He is the creative director and co president of the gaming company Naughty Dog, in the Conversation as the most influential studio cranking out games over the last twenty years.
Speaker 2: And even today.
Speaker 4: Born in Tel Aviv, moved to the States in eighty eight when he was ten, and, as you would imagine, big comic book kid, big video game kid said, it was Prince of Persia and another World that got him seriously hooked. He went to Florida State, studied computer science, got his degree, went to earn his masters in Entertainment technology at Carnegie Mellon and of course it's all about contacts. While he was at Carnegie Melon, he connected and hit it off with gaming pioneer Randy Posh, who sold him on the idea that there was a lane out there for some someone could combine computer programming with creative writing and really change the space.
Speaker 3: Oh there's a space for us.
Speaker 4: He was hired at Naughty Dog and O four program intern assigned to the Jack and Daxter series, but he was given the lead on Unchartered Drake's Fortune in two thousand and seven. It was a first of its kind, witty dialogue movie like pacing and feel, and it would shift the course of the entire unchartered gaming franchise. Is Unchartered two Among Thieves in two thousand and nine is considered a seminal release and became the center of Naughty Dog's identity. But pe we celebrate our man today Neil Druckman because of what he did four years later, A long investment in the creative process that led to the release in twenty thirteen of the Last of Us and thanks to the show you know, the plot, zombies, post apocalyptic world, the relationship between Joel and Ellie. It was a huge hit, critically acclaimed.
Speaker 3: It was a video game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's called like the greatest video game ever made. I didn't know either, Yeah, just TV show. They're like, no, dude, that's like the most successful game ever. It's like bigger than Halo. That success saw him get bumped up to run Naughty Dog as a whole, which he still does today. Truckman, of course, rode that franchise. He released Left Behind, and then the later The Last of Us Part two, which took seven more years to make after the original released in twenty twenty. The sequel, as popular as the original was, was heralded, pretty much won every game of the year and put Druckman out of the podium as one of the greatest gaming storytellers ever. And because that Part two was so successful, HBO came Colin and they asked him to partner with screenwriter Craig Mazin and as co creators executive producers. He directed a number of the episodes. The last of debuted in twenty twenty three, became that major critical and commercial success. Wo He Season two got him nominated for an Emmy. And he is the guy that put together their Halloween Horror Nights warehouse Stingy at Universal Studios. Here in La last year he won everything at the New York Game Awards, including the Legend Award. He lives in Santa Monica. He's got two kids, He's got a new game coming out, And I guess this must be how these things work, right, because it's not like making a movie. You got a program at all. And for the PS five. Intergalactic the Heretic Profit was started in twenty twenty four February. Two hundred and fifty people are working on it. Said, it will be the most expensive and ambitious game for the studio. Trent Reznor is doing the score and it will not be released until twenty twenty seven. So keep your eyes out for Intergalactic the Heretic Profit in a couple of years. Neil Truckman, Well.
Speaker 3: Hopefully maybe they could streamline that, you know, hire another one hundred people, right.
Speaker 2: I'd like to think so.
Speaker 3: A big thank you to Ronnie Fossio, Tim Kats. A great week, a great sports talk wrapped up. We'll be back on Mondays. Enjoy what some call the Scourge of AM radio. Clippers and Clippers Talks coming up next. Happy Friday. Everybody be saying
Speaker 1: Good pictures in my show.