Speaker 1: Potentially tonight.
Speaker 2: I want to chime in on what's happening with your favorite kfan program. Make your voice heard on the Brad Shot and Brian text line. Let us know all you have to say by texting your messages six four six eight six at six four six eight six andard message in data rate.
Speaker 1: Supply you said snow is possible.
Speaker 3: That's right tonight, tomorrow's twin.
Speaker 2: Cities, or that that's the twins the chance for rain and chance of snow overnight. We actually have a high forty five. I was looking at the wrong area.
Speaker 1: Oh well, way to go.
Speaker 2: So it's gonna be a little warm, but not too much, not too much, baby, Okay.
Speaker 4: It's the old app on my phone here basically says like next ten days is all mid forties for highs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's average. Okay, buddy, what's wrong with being average? Nothing's wrong with it? Did I insinuate that there was something wrong?
Speaker 1: Is average?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: No, forty five forty We can't all be extraordinary.
Speaker 1: We're all half less, which I will always say is.
Speaker 4: The weirdest word of all time, because extraordinary sounds like you are beyond ordinary.
Speaker 1: But if you have a lot of extraordinary.
Speaker 3: You're outside of ordinary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're beyond, but you shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Like the level of ordinary is like five out of ten. If you're extraordinary, you're like really a five like side ceter.
Speaker 1: Got a good personality, so that up to a seventy or seven.
Speaker 5: You've been trying to sell that whole five is extraordinary thing, your whole.
Speaker 4: Life, one person at a time. I'm trying to convince extraordinary extra out.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I got an idea.
Speaker 5: By the way, Oh Boy meets Us is back tomorrow, right unless he dies? Right, Okay, I'm going to print up some meat sauce bingo cards if he says, what you know, yep, yep, right?
Speaker 1: Is wood Hawk a free space? Some of them are at the time, Well.
Speaker 3: But you got to put them in different spots.
Speaker 1: Somebody's got to get a bingo, right, somebody's gotta.
Speaker 3: Get a bingo.
Speaker 5: So at some point during the show, as if we're playing along, one of us will yell bingo.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: My guess is five, hold your cards.
Speaker 3: Everybody hold your cards, all.
Speaker 4: Right, so that whales, Yes, we have a so I have a so here's the thing, Okay, Yeah, I woke up.
Speaker 6: A reference to the hot boys or any of a nineties wrap reference.
Speaker 4: Right he named dropped Jerry's Foods and a Dina Hmm, Bingo.
Speaker 1: Like it.
Speaker 3: It's a legitimate bingo.
Speaker 4: Battles would be a battles just handing like a thousand bingo cards and see who wins first.
Speaker 1: That's a sixty second game, though, I think.
Speaker 2: Hey, KF News with Chris Hockey presented by the twenty twenty six.
Speaker 1: IIHF World Junior Champion.
Speaker 3: Tell me about a stud.
Speaker 2: World Juniors m N two six dot com and get your tickets. Also learn more about the Bold North Breakaway, a big, huge fan festival downtown Saint Paul Rice Park and the River Center. It's gonna be a massive, massive event, and it's only a little over a month away.
Speaker 3: So let's go okay by, let's go okay.
Speaker 5: A Cass County Sheriff's deputy is shot and another man is killed near Beer Bayside Resort, Jeez up in Bomigie. Emergency medical services stop the deputies bleeding before he was therelifted to hospital and Fargo. The incident happened on the Leech Lake Reservation near Walker, five miles from the Northern Lights Casino that's.
Speaker 3: Not near Bomigie.
Speaker 1: Why does this sad? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, by the Northern Lights casino. Names of the deputy of the man kill we're not released. Sunday night's shooting is the second police shooting in the in the area of Poker since August.
Speaker 1: Holy wow, real.
Speaker 5: News on the power trip this morning. Thank you to the officers for doing what they do. Jeez, Louise, I can't imagine.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: I saw a police officer pulling somebody over on the way here this morning, walking up beside somebody's car, and I was thinking, man, that's a dangerous thing.
Speaker 1: Especially at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm saying, you have no idea what's waiting behind that one?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 4: Could you see what happened on three ninety first, there was about seven or eight cop cars in an ambulance.
Speaker 1: It looked like there was some kind of it was usually an exit right there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pretty significant accident of some kind on three ninety four this morning, Because man, I drove past a pile of lights and.
Speaker 5: By the way, speak of that that exit right there. I don't know that I'm going to live long enough to see that finished.
Speaker 1: Nope, it's been what three months? Yeah, months?
Speaker 5: And I'm sure they're doing it is a massive undertaking. I got a good look at it yestery and I was driving in here to the station. Holy moly, it's taken forever though, Yeah, for sure. Yeah, you know what I heard on the news the other day. There's a silver porn.
Speaker 1: That's their day.
Speaker 7: So they were closing down four ninety four just for the weekend. I think they said to transition to winter traffic. Like what does that mean? Like you just you just shift like exits around, Like what is I don't understand what they know or they do to get ready for winter.
Speaker 4: Like when you got to turn your sprinklers off so the pipestone free.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like do they have like hot wheels tracks that they just like pick up things and move them around.
Speaker 1: They'd be sweet.
Speaker 3: It's a great question. I don't like. I please a hockey kfan dot com. We'd like to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're going to allow those cruis to complete utility work on the ramps.
Speaker 7: Oh maybe I swear that we talked about I was told something about winter getting ready for winter traffic or winter conditions or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Oh, somebody lie to you. Quit lying the first time quit line to bend what the man like?
Speaker 4: That's always blame. AI think a I did it. I think that's what Zach just asked. Anyway, do you just asked a iph No, I.
Speaker 3: Iverson even though who you are?
Speaker 1: Oh, he knows who I am.
Speaker 5: Gray Wolf sightings and ely are prompting a debate over its endangered species status. By the way, I saw a video of uh, somebody's hey gray wolf just ran by me.
Speaker 3: I was like, cool, I clicked out. I watched it. Now I've got nothing but wolves versus sheep dogs.
Speaker 5: And it's bad algorithm that those sheep dogs are badasses.
Speaker 4: You're right, though, if you click on one thing, the algorithm thinks, oh you like this.
Speaker 3: It's not my fault. It's everywhere, right.
Speaker 4: So it's like, now I have all these adults and diapers, and I'm like, I just clicked on one video.
Speaker 1: It's not all I want. Emma Smith here would depend.
Speaker 3: And I still can't believe there's no ass on the end of that word.
Speaker 1: Say he learned some thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah anyway, Uh yeah, there's gray wolves man up in Ealy be cool, everybody, I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're so awesome.
Speaker 1: They're cool. Man, they are. Just remember, they're just as scared of you as you are of them.
Speaker 3: I bet they're not. I bet I'm way more scared. I bet.
Speaker 4: How big is a timberwolf? And I don't mean the you know, Rudy Gobert? How is a timberwolve?
Speaker 1: In one? How big? Like? Are timberwolves gigantic? Actual wolves?
Speaker 3: Is it a female?
Speaker 2: They generally weigh between sixty six and one hundred and forty five pounds.
Speaker 4: Jesus, it's a ranch range. They have sexual dimorphism or what the shorter range like?
Speaker 2: It's like a great Dane size, like hi, twenty six to thirty three inches.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: Tall at the shoulder, it almost five six feet long. That's pretty long.
Speaker 3: I don't know about your children.
Speaker 1: That's like a great Dane.
Speaker 4: Where the hell are timberwolves all northern Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, where can you find?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 3: Can Ya's target center?
Speaker 2: Well? No, there are no timberwolves in Kenya?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, how dare you? You don't know that? Uh?
Speaker 2: Just you know Canada and uh United States? We have them in Minnesota?
Speaker 1: Right? Not allowed to cross the Yeah without an enhanced ID Is that right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Michigan. Well, those aren't wolves. Its kind of sounds.
Speaker 3: Like wolverines are badass. Okay.
Speaker 5: New York Jet's cornerback Chris Boyd, former Minnesota Viking, critical but stable condition after being shot in Midtown, Manhattan on Sunday. The shooting happened early Sunday morning outside of a restaurant. Rofsters found Boyd with a gun gutshot wound to the abdomen.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's not good. I know the update.
Speaker 5: No rest have been made. Motive remains unclear. That's the update. That's the latest. I was he was gonna say, are they off? I know it was he out on Saturday morning that late.
Speaker 1: For two am. I played on on Thursday. It was a first so that's why. Yeah, many buy.
Speaker 3: He couldn't sleep, just hanging out, hadn't got time for the pain. I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's terrible.
Speaker 3: I guess I don't know the answer.
Speaker 5: The FAA is lifting its flight reduction over order at airports Nation White starting this morning. Reduction flights at forty major airports began and we go to help address the fatigue and staffing issues among air traffic controllers during the record lard government record long government shutdown. But uh, they're back to normal, I guess this morning.
Speaker 7: So is it true that during the forty some odd days of this shutdown, like you were working, but you are not getting paid, right, but you are getting back paid.
Speaker 3: They are getting back paid. That is correct. I did hear that this?
Speaker 1: Imagine that check? It was. Yeah, that's good man, Yeah, go feel good. They were trying not to back pay them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh really, yes, they got to now it's happening.
Speaker 3: Good for them.
Speaker 1: Well that's real.
Speaker 5: Check went hell of a check, right, I hope so well, I don't know, man, I'd be a hell of a job, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Or traffic controller? Yeah, yeah, get distracted eighteen people.
Speaker 1: We need more people to do that though. So it's actually great.
Speaker 2: If you want to get into it, please do it because we need more.
Speaker 8: Thanks a hell of a recruitment. Yeah, yeah, I signed. I'm ready for Yeah, thanks Miro. Thanks for basketball coach. You see, LA, guys, one of the.
Speaker 1: Most stressful jobs on the planet.
Speaker 2: But go go into it and you'll get paid eventually.
Speaker 4: You and Tony Robbins just so inspirational. You see l a basketball John John the coaches is woitten inspiration.
Speaker 1: Your favorite show.
Speaker 2: You could crash a plane over Albuquerque right on to mister White's uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look right, you know see you you're referencing Breaking Back.
Speaker 4: When you said my favorite TV show, I just assumed you meant to catch a predator, so I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know where you were going with this. I want to sit down. Here's the best reality TV show of all time. It's not even close.
Speaker 3: And finally, the most pepper.
Speaker 5: The most popular Thanksgiving side dish in America.
Speaker 1: Kill we guess?
Speaker 3: Oh no, I almost got fired in America. Not in my home.
Speaker 5: The most popular Thanksgiving side dish in America is being revealed, according to the new survey by Campbell's Blank remains the most popular site.
Speaker 4: We're gonna say tomato soup is what everyone knows.
Speaker 1: They're going to say, green Bean castle role.
Speaker 3: But I love that.
Speaker 1: It's got to be.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Stuffing, stuffing.
Speaker 5: Mash Taters came in second, followed by Sweet Taters, mac and cheese, and then green.
Speaker 1: Bean Campbell's own. Maybe that was the no no, maybe, maybe I'll.
Speaker 3: Tell you what.
Speaker 2: I'll take all those man, What side dishes are you planning on having at this Thanksgiving?
Speaker 5: We're gonna try some wild u uh or no, just some wild animals.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of different what kind of what kind of animals?
Speaker 5: How, well, we're gonna we're gonna try some beaver. We're gonna try some different confections.
Speaker 4: Yeah, timber wolves, gray wolves, wolverines, a lot of eggplant.
Speaker 3: To yeah yeah, yeah hmm, just a lone little anyway. There you go.
Speaker 1: That's the news that That's right. That was good stuff. Thanks a great job. Thanks.
Speaker 5: I gave you some some hardcore stuff and that a little a little fun in there at the end.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a it was a real potpourri, a real cornicopia news.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Thanksgiving.
Speaker 1: We'll do sports when we get back. No sauce today. He'll be back tomorrow to.
Speaker 4: Tell you who's going to battle who bingo.
Speaker 1: Bank of Bears.
Speaker 4: Yesterday, thanks Captain Comedy, and they'll battle the Green Bay Packers on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Sports.
Speaker 4: If it is on the Wow dude, Wow, dude.
Speaker 2: Join campe Corey called this Friday at B fifty two is in Linkville for Corps Lighting nine. Drop by starting at six o'clock to catch Minnesota take on Pittsburgh. Enjoy ice cold corps lights, specials and play trivia for your chance to win great prizes going sweet tickets to a game in January. The full details now at cape dot com Cure Calendar pull.
Speaker 4: Meetings of the words suite there it happens to be s U I T E, but they're also sw e e T.
Speaker 1: You know it's bo like chocolate, the same special sports Yep.
Speaker 5: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your Timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 3: He got that right.
Speaker 4: The uh The Pittsburgh Steelers a little bit nervous that Aaron Rodgers broke his wrist against the Bengals. I think it might be a slight break, Mason Rudolf, if I believe, went in.
Speaker 1: But now they're saying they're not quite sure what the.
Speaker 4: Prognosis is for mister Rogers might have broken his wrist.
Speaker 3: Mister Rogers broke his wrist, possibly.
Speaker 1: Yes, rowing up, He'll be fine.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's never good when you hear it might be a slight break of a wrist, and he'll be back.
Speaker 1: A slight break. That sounds super awful. He'll put a brace on it. It's his non throwing handle, his non throw hand. Yeah, him a time left wrist, let's go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, man, did you How about that big tight end who was like looked like a high schooler playing with junior high kids. My god, Mount Washington, Washington, Yeah, I remember him being big when he played against US. It looked like he grew a few feet. He was just throwing people around.
Speaker 7: It's the biggest skilled position player I've ever seen. Yeah, ever he is. He's like when you see Wemby in real life, You're like, that's an alien, And then you see Mount Washington in real life with pads on, You're like, that's an alien. There's no way that that guy should move like that and play football on the same field with all these other guys.
Speaker 3: He's got moves like Jagger Yeah yeah, yeah, loose hips, yeah, sink ships.
Speaker 1: Good for him.
Speaker 4: Like you mentioned, Sauce didn't tweet Forrest Gump waving because brock Perty actually played pretty.
Speaker 1: Well in a forty one twenty two win.
Speaker 4: However, do you see Jacobe Brissette's numbers historic and I'm not even making that up. Historically, Yeah, forty seven of fifty seven for four hundred and fifty two yards. But two touchdowns and two interceptions. But the forty seven completions for Brissett more than any quarterback has ever ended a game in the history of the NFL in a regular season game, and it ties Ben Roethlisberger.
Speaker 1: He did that in twenty twenty one in a wild card game.
Speaker 4: I guess, so most ever completions forty seven and they lost.
Speaker 1: They lost by nineteen nineteen.
Speaker 4: Dang, they got blown up. They got blown out forty seven to fifty seven. Didn't Bryce Young throw for four hundred two?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Damn near. I think something like that.
Speaker 4: And of course, now Rico Dowdle scored a late touchdown, and of course Twitter just explodes now saying Dwattle, Dwattle again. Put that on your Bengo car that tomorrow. Let's also say I got eliminated from my fantasy football league because Rico Dwaddle cost me the game. So that's a thing. The Philadelphia egos. Ben last night got her done against the Detroit Lions. All of a sudden, the Lions went from man, they might be the best team in the NFL and now over the last what three weeks, massive regression? What's going on with Detroit? I mean It's not like Philly was a bunch of world beaters last night. I think what they put sixteen to nine, I think sixteen. So they weren't great, but they were better than the Lions, and to hold the Lions to single digits is pretty nuts.
Speaker 7: Well, they clearly have some offensive issues. I mean, they're Dan Campbell's now calling plays, and you know, they're trying to replace Ben Johnson, and it seemed like it was after the first game against the Packers, it was like, oh boy, and then they picked it back up and it seemed like they were doing fine, and then obviously something was amiss internally. Dan Campbell took over and it's not been good either. So yeah, man, I don't know. I don't know what's going on with him. They seem to be on the struggle bus. And you look at the division right now, I mean, look at the freaking Bears, like they're on top of the division, and they seem like they're the team that has the most consistency with the first year coaching staff. They seem to be the most solidified right now as far as offensive weapons. Would they the way their defense is playing, then they're expecting actually some players to get back healthier as the weeks go on, so like they're kind of poised to win this thing.
Speaker 4: Alright, I need the five of you to be honest. God, dang it, raise your hand. If you did not see Chador Sanders' stats, so you don't know his stats. I don't even know if you did not. So, Zach you don't know him. Grimmer, you don't know him. Ben, you didn't see him. So none of you, none.
Speaker 8: Of you have seen I knew that he got in, so I was watching the game when he was in, but I didn't see like, so Gabriel gets knocked out of the game, so goes, yes, the same.
Speaker 4: Shador Sanders through sixteen passes. Okay, how many did he complete out of sixteen?
Speaker 7: Well, I did see the last the last drive that he tried to like will his way back and win the game.
Speaker 4: Because they lost twenty three sixteen to the Ravens, who are now all the way back to five hundred.
Speaker 1: They've won four straight. Couple good throws in there, I'm gonna say you said sixteen.
Speaker 4: He threw sixteen attempts seven seven, Grimmar eleven eleven for sixteen, Zachary ten for sixteen, Chris four four out of sixteen MAXO.
Speaker 1: I think it was. I think it's three. Chris Nail did its exactly.
Speaker 4: Four four of sixteen forty seven yards in a pick a passing rating? Is it passer or passing? I think the initials game host well as said pass or. I wouldn't give it to him. But if Marnie said it, uh, thirteen point five percent rating, what was it thirteen?
Speaker 1: I shouldn't say percent thirteen point five rating. Yeah, that's not good. That is not good. Not good.
Speaker 4: So somebody I forget the stat now, but they basically said it's like the worst start in Brown's history for a rookie, and it wasn't a star beat like first initial game.
Speaker 1: I should say, I got to be hard to be worse than that. The highlights that I saw, he actually looked all right.
Speaker 7: I mean he only had four. He looks better to me, just movement around and in competency with the football. I can even say the word but like than Gabriel then Gabriel. Yeah, then like he looks more of the part than Gabriel does. There was a drop pass on that last drive, there was, yeah, and they're two and eight again. Now it's I mean, we're four and six and we're already going what do we do at two and eight?
Speaker 1: They have nothing to play for? See what you get?
Speaker 4: Let the kid figure it out, especially if Gabriel has a concussion and then you have to go to Sanders.
Speaker 1: We have to, yeah, which would be kind of fun.
Speaker 7: Which will be a lot of eyes, a lot of eyes on that game next week if he's if he's starting.
Speaker 1: I didn't see any of the actual game. I just saw the.
Speaker 4: Highlights basically of overtime of the Dolphins and Commanders. What's the what's the vibe on the Madrid thing?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 4: Is the feedback that Spain went well, that it was a success or not.
Speaker 3: It look cool?
Speaker 1: Cool? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Look cool?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm going to guess it was successful.
Speaker 4: Not a ton of scoring to show our Spanish friends, but sixteen thirteen, Yeah, Dolphins winning overtime.
Speaker 2: That was kind of the the takeaway from it. We were apologizing to Spain for sending our worst football teams.
Speaker 1: That was a bad, bad game.
Speaker 4: Is Mike McDaniel saving his job though, Benjamin, Oh boy, they've won three out of their last four.
Speaker 1: He might after starting one and six, he might be he might be.
Speaker 6: I think the owner said that. I mean an owner say things all the time. For sure, you can only you can only take that as far as you can throw it. But he did say that he Mike mcdannofs he wants him to keep going and keep leading this team.
Speaker 4: Check us out. You know, they're what four and seven. This isn't a Dolphins fan line. Listen to the rest of their schedule. If they're if they have figured something out, they could get really hot.
Speaker 1: Listen to this.
Speaker 4: This is about as easy as against the rest of the way, hosting the Saints, when at the Jets, when at the Steelers with we'll see what the wrist injury is. Hosting the Bengals, then hosting the Bucks, that's not super easy, and then at the Patriots. Obviously that's going to be tough. But the next four or five there's a lot of wins.
Speaker 7: I mean, there's probably two guaranteed wins Saints a TB four in there, so so they could they could maybe sniff close to five hundred.
Speaker 4: If they get hat eight and nine kind of a finish, maybe that would be better than the one in six starts that they had.
Speaker 1: That might save his job. Zach, your hand was up.
Speaker 2: Well, Miami had the ball fourth and one with a minute forty four to go in at high game. It's thirteen thirteen. They had a fourth and goal at the one and they went for it. Yeah, instead of kicking the field goal. What are your thoughts on that? And if the Dolphins don't eventually win this one and the Commanders just go down and kick a field goal, does McDaniel sall a job today?
Speaker 1: It's a good munch. Time was left one.
Speaker 7: It's a good point, I mean, I think for I mean that the margins in this league. So that's the thing, Like every every potential coaching gaff that happens late in the game, it could be fireball.
Speaker 1: If you're in the hot you're in the hot seat like that.
Speaker 4: I think you can gamble when you're three and seven and if you get stuff you are asking Marcus Mariota to go seventy yards to beat you.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. It just didn't work.
Speaker 2: The fourth down stuff though. Now, like how many times did Detroit turn it over on downs last night? Like five times? I think that that has become And then ESPN does their they have the whatever analytics met Yeah, it's been like two years since I've seen it, say punt, so the analytics must just be overwhelmingly now.
Speaker 1: In pay of that going for let me ask you that, Benjamin, do you know that?
Speaker 4: And if you don't know the answer, I hope somebody maybe from the Vikings can just text me and let me know. You know, we've had the discussions about like teams having a game theory specialist on the side, and everybody should have somebody that knows the math, the numbers or whatever the charts.
Speaker 1: Are you allowed to just have.
Speaker 4: Somebody down there that has memorized a lot of the situations or with all those Microsoft surfaces or whatnot. Can they have just an AI program that is non stop updating you on what the exact right call is, like, do they have access to AI on the sidelines and can they utilize it? Because otherwise, why would you not constantly have somebody running analytics saying to you exactly what the probability is at all times, just for again, for extra information for the coach to know exactly additional resources.
Speaker 7: My guess is that a guy like like Ryan Cordell that he gets so much love on all these challenges as somebody like that, maybe not him specifically, but maybe not on the sideline. I mean it's not it's yeah, it's not built into the to the Microsoft surfaces. Those are just replay only.
Speaker 1: That's all you can use those for.
Speaker 10: It.
Speaker 1: I think that's all you can use those for.
Speaker 4: Okay, So, but I wasn't sure even if that, if that just can you just browse on the side, I can think, So, can you check your fantasy?
Speaker 1: I suppose if you Yeah, sure.
Speaker 7: I suppose if you jumped out of that program and that software, he can probably do other things because it is connected to the internet, So I'm sure. But like those are so heavily monitor and there's a whole team of people that handle those things. I would guess that why why wouldn't you if you had a whole group of guys in a booth and there's you know, they're all connected via headsets anyway, and like, why wouldn't you have some sort of software, especially with the way QUASI does everything and analytically, why wouldn't you have something like that always updating down in distance and.
Speaker 4: If every team has the access to it, it's not cheating if your AI is things like it's just math doing.
Speaker 1: And maybe maybe just math.
Speaker 2: You can't get smart people to write a program that you that might be better than everybody else's too, or you could input certain things that you might deem more important as to here's the formula we want to run. Tell me if I should go for it or not go forward, or kick a field goal or punt or whatever.
Speaker 7: I don't see why that's a competitive advantage anyway. I don't see why that is. It's just information.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: It's still up to the head coach to say, like I get that it says it's a fifty one percent chance we should do this versus forty nine. I'm gonna go with my gut and do the forty nine just because it's game feel so you don't have to listen to what that's spitting out, of course not, but you know, it's a nice piece of information. No, in real time, I don't see why that's cheating or you know, an extra advantage.
Speaker 1: It's just you're just doing math.
Speaker 2: Don't you think to Most of the time when you have to think about it, it's like that fifty two forty like it really doesn't. It comes down to the gut field coach a time where you think it's obvious, and some guys like no, no, no, no, you got sixty three percent win percent of chure going for it. It's not a coin toss. You should go for it when the coach is thinking punt. Maybe that could be a difference maker in those decisions. Every team should have one. I agree, I agree, Yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Vikings News.
Speaker 4: When we come back, we'll go hardcore into the lost to the Chicago Bears nineteen to seventeen. The Vikings fall to four and six and one in four at home.
Speaker 1: More of the Power Chip Morning Show after this on the vand.
Speaker 10: Okay, KFA N and the Vikings catsanding up four Toys for tots. Join us live at Shields and Even Prairie Tuesday, December second, from five thirty am to six thirty pm for our annual broadcast. It's presented by Unreal Bringing Toy, Spread some Joy and if you're one of the first fifty donors each show, you'll Scory Sweet Kfan Unreal Winter Beanie details at KFE dot com slash toys.
Speaker 3: That sounds awesome. It is time. There's no longer any waiting. It's time for Vikings Us on the Power Drift presented by Says Series.
Speaker 5: Though I'd like to say thank you to you, rad Coe, and I'd like to say to you a lovely Viking fan. Here's what the head coach had to say after the game yesterday about his quarterback, JJ Max Gin.
Speaker 9: There were some plays you think of as you kind of roll through the game from you know, start to finish.
Speaker 1: But I also thought there were some plays we.
Speaker 9: Could have made for him as well, and we just got to you know, stay the course and continue to coach the principles that we believe in wholeheartedly and continue to try to pave the path for improvement. And like it starts with the pitching and catching and and how we're putting things together and trying to make it, you know, as as quarterback friendly as we can.
Speaker 3: How do you do that, coach?
Speaker 9: All those things you're you're kind of working through knowing that, uh, you know, I think when we got that that big time return from from miles you know to Scool, you know, I ran it two times, you know, directly off of that sudden change, which is which is unique, you know if you're if you're looking back over the the catalog over the years. But our guys responded and put the ball in the end zone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, he's not wrong with anything that he was saying. I mean, the we talked about it earlier. If no matter, no matter who's look listen, going into this game, the Bears, who they think that they have the their franchise quarterback that got solidified in the game in the previous game. But if you want to hear about all the grumblings going on there, they had what six or eight drops by their receivers, two of them were for touchdowns, and they're like, you know, you can't have this, Like I would say, you can't. You can't have that when you have a franchise quarterback. You can't have that when you have a quarterback starting his fifth game of his career. So yeah, the quarterback has to play better. But then when the ball's delivered, you got to catch the damn thing, you know, so you do have to There is a little bit more stress, unfortunately, sorry your professional athletes. There's more stress on you to make more plays for this young kid while you all collectively get this thing figured out. So it seems a little unfair to have to feel like you're playing perfect football as a receiver but that's just the way it is. And I know that sometimes he throws the ball in there a little hot. That's that's on JJ to figure that out. But you know, when Jordan Maddison's going over the middle, and you know the quarterbacks stepping up in the pocket to get out of trouble, and that's delivered right on the spot, you got to make that catch. I mean that that is a chain mover and a momentum gainer in that situation, and you gotta have it. So that's the one thing that left for me. I left the game more optimistic because I know it's what it could have should have. And I know that we're asking a lot out of the young quarterback. But schematically, virtually every errant pass, whether he sailed it ten feet over the guy's head or threw it in the dirt or we dropped.
Speaker 1: It, every guy's open. Every single guy was open.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 7: It's like, you know, conceptually, we're dialing up the right plays at the right moment against against their defense. The plays are there to make. Once we start making sixty percent of those, that's real winning football. So I mean, we just got to stay the course and kind of ride through this the rocky waves here with this young kid.
Speaker 1: But I think he's got it clearly.
Speaker 7: The coaching staff can call the right plays, and you know our defense played winning football too.
Speaker 4: Give me a reason why this season is quote over with seven games ago, and give me some reason for optimism. Why could this still go our way? And figure out a way to sneak in? Well, you can't win games by being this inconsistent. And the take give ratio is what it is. You're I don't care if you're Sam Darnold who threw what foreig interceptions yesterday. If your offense is going to give the ball away that that frequently in your defense is reluctant to take the ball away, that's not winning football, regardless of who's that quarter back.
Speaker 7: So that's a reason why to think that, you know, we're going to continue this slide. And the defense talks about it too. I mean they it's not like they don't want to take the ball away.
Speaker 1: They're trying.
Speaker 7: But you can't go out of body sometimes do and you know, get too risky in vacate a zone and do all this other stuff and play cowboy football just to go out and pick a ball off or do something crazy and then subject your defense to a bigger play. So I don't know if it's you know what it is. Defensively, I think playing from a lead obviously helps, you know, when you get into more passing situations, you get in more pass rush situations. That helps a lot, you know, attacking the football, you know if you're the second or third guy a little bit more often in some of these run games. But that's a reason right there that if we don't figure that out, we're not winning many games coming up. On the flip side of that, we're competitive, we're in every game. Like the Ravens, they were not a better football team than us. That's a play bound team that they're probably going to win their division. You want to look at on paper skill wise, talent wise, we matched up with them as good as anybody else. If we don't shoot ourselves in the foot, not because of what they did, because of what we did, we win that game. I would say the same thing about the Bears. The Bears on top of the division right now. They got young talented quarterback. He made a lot of plays. That defense is ascending. They're vibing right now with their new head coach, and I think that we gave away more plays than they made. So again it's on us we figure out some of those things. And again it's not like every one of those things is going to be correctable and we're going to play one hundred percent perfect football. But if we just increase that value into the sixty seventy percent success rate, now we're winning games.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 4: Another impossible question because it's November seventeenth, but let's just look ahead. Give me some names on this team that you think are not going to be on the team next year, just based on performance, based on salary, based on you know, we're one of the oldest rosters in the league.
Speaker 1: God, what do you think you're going? Right? For my jugular?
Speaker 4: Like, I just hope the Vikings are listening and want to reach out to you and go, dude, what are you doing you?
Speaker 2: Hopefully the you know the team, the players you're about to name, hopefully they're listening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but some of them could be good players that are just you know, the wrong price for this where this team is headed, like I would, I'll throw I'll get it started for you.
Speaker 1: I assume TJ.
Speaker 4: Hockinson's on the top of the list, right, he's going to make a ton next year.
Speaker 1: We haven't used him much this year.
Speaker 4: I just can't see them bringing him back, whether they love him or not. It's just that's a huge price tag.
Speaker 1: What is it. It's like twenty something. It's like a giant number number. You know.
Speaker 7: I'd have to look at the websites to see how much cap savings we actually get by by letting him go. You know, obviously via a trade would be the best situation, but the league also knows the situation, so I don't think there's anybody going to make a trade in this offseason form but help us out. I would say that he's probably at the top of the list. You know, I'm gonna guess that Harrison Smith will be done. I'll probably retire. I think he has got one year left on his contract, so that's another contract that would be off the books.
Speaker 1: Do you think's done? I think the heeling's probably done.
Speaker 7: Will probably have to I don't know if I see Aaron Jones back, just given his injury history.
Speaker 1: I would love to see him back. I mean, he's he's a great.
Speaker 7: Dude, But when you're looking at when you're looking at kind of flipping this roster over into some more youthful stuff, especially contract wise, I think you have to re You really have to look at it from a business standpoint. As everybody knows, you have to take the emotions out of these things. This is this is the tough part of the business. This is why Quasi and the staff get paid the big bucks. Not only to draft, but you also have to like make tough decisions. I'm not sure Hargrave is going to be back. May have to reevaluate Jonathan Allen as well. I mean, these are these are all guys that you brought. You brought in thinking that they're going to fix something, and you give them nice contracts. But when you're not performing at the level that you want, you really have to reevaluate where you want to go with the direction of this football team. When it comes to you. You mentioned it to me, somebody else mentioned it to me. You know, you mentioned during Corey on point of View during one of the breaks. You know, we're we're already roster wise, one of the older teams in this division, and.
Speaker 4: Sneakily though, right I think, I think when you look at McCarthy and Jefferson and Addison you're like, man, we got some young talent.
Speaker 1: We're going the right way.
Speaker 4: Then you look at the entire roster you're like, oh, we're kind of sneakily old.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, and you probably want to you want to get younger, you want to you want to write. If you feel still feel like McCarthy is the guy and you're going to build around him, you probably want to put some youthful pieces around him as well and really build up a nucleus that is a little more cohesive than than what it is right now. Age Wise, Jordan Addison is probably not on the team. I mean, he's probably gonna he's up for a big payday and not sure you want to be in the Bengal situation where you're paying two high, high end wide receivers. He's deserving of the money. I'm just not sure you want to allocate that money to another wide receiver. So you're probably looking to to move on from him. You may have to restructure Brian Neil's contracts because I think he's at the top of the list as well. I think he deserves to be on this team. He's still a huge foundational part of this offensive line. Ryan Kelly probably won't be back. So that's another contract that you want have to worry about. That's obviously for health reasons. Ah shure, I'm thinking of. I mean that's I mean, off the top of my head, that's probably the guys that will not be or you're going to have make some tough decisions.
Speaker 3: On Holines ringing. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh hey Rosie, Oh no, he said youthful pieces. He meant football players. Yeah, no, not those kind of youthful pieces. Y'll let you know, okay, bye, that's Mark Rosen. Yeah, he heard hearn say youthful pieces and he got all fired up.
Speaker 7: The other the other guy and then against once we're going down this route and I'm just just rolling right now.
Speaker 1: I mean, unfortunately C J. Hamm probably won't be back.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, he's another guy that's been foundational part of this organization for a long time and everybody and everybody loves him. But and you got a lot of playing time, Yestually it was it was actually, you know, it was nice to see us get go more big personnel with him in the game, and I think it really really worked out. But you'll probably have to reevaluate, you evaloulate his contract situation as you get younger as well.
Speaker 5: You know what the hard thing is, Ben, what I know, you gotta if you're going to have a young quarterback, you gotta say we're biting the bullet and we're doing it. Yeah, But with the way this division is this year, the way the NFL is this year, if we had a I don't know, Kirk Cousins, where would we be sitting right now?
Speaker 7: I mean, I know all the all the people out there, even if you just kept Daniel Jones or you kept Sam Donald. Yeah, it's it is difficult to say. I mean, you obviously are more competitive football team, all right, you are. But I think, you know, I do feel like sometimes, you know, Corey, once again, you and I are, you know, in the same situation with this, and I know I'm just like talking about some of the guys in this room, and I know other people are as well. But we are in the mindset of playing the long game. And that's why I think yesterday's game is not as frustrating to me as a lot of people out there publicly. You know, I put out a video and I was like, listen, I'm not as upset maybe as you'd think I got a lot of people that are like, you know, upset that I'm not upset, and I'm like, what I'm looking now, this could all blow up in my face, in some other people's faces. Obviously, the Vikings have long term plans too, but I'm looking at this as a at least a two to three year plan, and it is going to have some rough patches in there, and we're gonna have some bright spots in there. And again, if we get at the end of the season and we're like, man, this kid is starting to figure out every single game, there's something that you can pull that is like, that's an improvement, that's an improvement, that's an improvement. That's what I'm looking for because I truly believe in building this team from the youth, from the draft. That's winning football and always going out in piece mealing the quarterback position and always crossing your fingers like, oh, we got to pay this guy eighty million dollars and we don't know if he's going to fit in this scheme and we don't have how we allocated eighty million dollars one hundred million dollars to this guy, like and we're hoping why not just draft a guy and develop him. This is what developmental quarterbacks look like. It and it baffles me. The fan base out there thinking that it was going to be an All Pro Pro Bowl player in his first year and his fourth this start like what did you expect? Every every Hall of Fame quarterback goes through a really rough season, season and a half before they really start to figure it out. This is what developmental quarterbacks look like. I'm sorry that you can't look further down the road, and I'm not saying and I'm not saying that you shouldn't be a little frustrated because we have seventeen these suckers and everyone of these they matter to a lot of people. But this, this is what a developmental quarterback situation looks like. And I know it kind of sucks, but you got to have the bigger picture of mine.
Speaker 4: Let's double down a little bit. Let's go back and try not to do revisionist history. What the Vikings had to do when they discussed Sam Donald and Daniel Jones and bringing in Aaron Rodgers is not just can we be competitive? I think everybody understands if you have one of those three guys and they're more more than ready compared to JJ McCarthy. You're going to be more competitive than JJ's ups and downs. But with the roster we just discussed that it's sneakily older than we thought, and maybe some of these guys are overpaid. Can you win a Super Bowl this year with Daniel Jones, Sam Donald and Aaron Rodgers? Obviously they I think they said before the season, I don't think that we're that close where we're a Donald or Jones, when again, nobody knew Daniel Jones was going to be this good, so I don't even think he's in the conversation. To be fair, it was really Donald or Rodgers. But anyway, that's what they decided is. I don't think think this is a super Bowl roster. We could be pretty good. If JJ is pretty good, we could be competitive. We could be maybe sneakily surprisingly good. It just hasn't worked out yet. But I don't I don't think we'd be a super Bowl contender with any of the teams we just or guys we just named. Even with Darnold we had that's what we had last year and we got our asses kicked.
Speaker 1: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'd much rather do what we're doing, and just even if it's wrong.
Speaker 5: It is tough though, because obviously Justin Jefferson is another year older.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like my dad said earlier, did I get together and talk about this?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a question, then, is it? He would you trade him for draft picks?
Speaker 2: I mean at some point, but because at some point he's going to get pissed and say, I'm not sitting through this for three more years.
Speaker 1: You're talking about Jefferson. I think you're talking about McCarthy's Jefferson.
Speaker 3: Uh I.
Speaker 1: Bank Stadium to the ground. Do you remember the Moss trade?
Speaker 2: Everybody got super pissed jeffersonj Cutt with thirty three seconds.
Speaker 1: Johnny Krazinski asked.
Speaker 2: Him about that yesterday after the game, about the windows tight young quarterback.
Speaker 1: How frustrating is that? If you can find it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can find that.
Speaker 2: What's thee though? He basically said what he said, Yeah, it's frustrating. I mean, I was surprised he kind of went down that road.
Speaker 1: He's not wrong, you know, that's the thing.
Speaker 2: Like, but I'm saying, if he's frustrated now and they end up six and whatever in the off season, he might say screw this I got three years ago.
Speaker 1: He doesn't seem like I'm not him. Well, that's not him.
Speaker 4: The thing is like, just because you would ask for a trade, Drinker, doesn't mean Jefferson's trade to go sit in the corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's that that that it that the team would trade him. I'm saying he may say what if if what Ben says is true and it's a two or three year project with no chance. As you said, Corey, they started the year without thinking they're going to win a super Bowl, he might say, well, screw this, I'm I'm gonna go in and go give me a team that can win a super Bowl.
Speaker 1: If he demands a trade, and I don't think he would.
Speaker 4: If he demands a trade, that's very different than koys, he just going worshipping them, right Like that's then we have a Luca down Sage situation and the fan base is super pissed. No, I don't think he. I don't think he would request a trade.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll play that audio when we get back, because I did find it good good.
Speaker 4: A right eight o'clock hour of the Power to Money Shoe returns after this on the fin