Speaker 1: Yes, but there is something very cool coming here locally to the tri State America's river Roots.
Speaker 2: Big old deal.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's kind of like a Tall Stacks thing, right, if you were, like, you know, decades ago they had that around sound here.
Speaker 3: Oh that was a big deal a few years alive. Yeah, exactly. Well, let's talk to someone who can clue us in on it. It's Susan Fisher, executive director of River Roots. Susan, Welcome to the program.
Speaker 4: Hello there, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: So, Susan, I think that Rock was talking about tall Stacks, and I think the headline I don't know if it was one of your guys blurbs or what, but it was like tall Stacks on steroid.
Speaker 4: That's a great way to say about it. Is it is true. For the first time in twenty years, what we call the Tall Stacks riverboats are back. Nine of them will be, and actually many of them have already arrived at the public Land and are going to help us kick off America's to fiftieth at America's River Roots Festival.
Speaker 1: Okay, and tell us first, I guess that the start of this it's uh, it's October eighth through the twelfth.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, So the riverboats actually start cruising tomorrow morning, Wednesday, October eighth, and then on Thursday through Sunday, then ninth through the twelfth. There will be music and cuisine and all the cultural experiences, and.
Speaker 3: They're doing Susan, they're doing how many cruises people and going various like you know, lunch, breakfast and.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So there are nine nine boats cruising for five days and there are over one hundred and seventy five total cruises. There's lunch, lunch, dinner, variety of sight seeing, cruises, parades and races. Those are the really fun ones. We kick off Thursday with the parade, all nine boats together for the first time in twenty years, and then we close out the festival on Sunday at eight thirty parade of lights with fireworks, which will be great fun whether you're on board one of the nine boats and get to see from the river or if you're on land watching the spectacle from the shore.
Speaker 2: Did you say boat races?
Speaker 3: Explain that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sure, there's a lot of rivalry in these boats that go seven miles an hour, but we affectionately call them races. They are races, and there's lots of antics that go on between the boats. Captain Alan Bernstein, our beloved captain from BB Riverboats, will be the MC of the races. And as he says, in riverboat racing the rules are there are no rules. So I'm not sure exactly what that means. I'm excited to find out myself, but it's going to be a fun day. We have a race Friday at one, Saturday one and four, and Sunday one and four, so there's five races in total. And on Sunday, now, Saturday afternoon is the infamous rivalry between the Belle of Louisville and the Belle of Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: They've been at each.
Speaker 4: Other for decades and we'll see who wins on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well, to me, that means you could strap like a six point two liter hemming onto one of those things and do a little advantage, right, You got.
Speaker 3: One of those old pirates can loan?
Speaker 4: Well, I have heard there are cannons that have been authorized by the US Coast Guard, so I can't say anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Susan Fisher, executive director of America's River Roots, is join us on the program right now.
Speaker 2: And I guess Susan did just talk about again.
Speaker 1: This is all in celebration of America's tour and fiftieth anniversary.
Speaker 2: Why riverboats? What is the importance?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: What should people know about the culture importance importance of riverboats?
Speaker 4: Sure, well, the the riverboats allowed Cincinnati. With the advent of the riverboats, Cincinnati was the original gateway to the West and was able to connect all the inland waterways which allowed people to transport industry, commerce, et cetera. And what America's River Roots is all about is because of those steamboats. Because of that transport, there's been a fusion of music, cuisine, and cultures as people merged in a way that they never were able to before they could transport by water like that. So the riverboats being here for the first time in twenty years is going to be a historic site and it's all all fun down on the river.
Speaker 6: So come on and join.
Speaker 1: What do you say a fusion of music and culture? Explain that a little bit more. I mean, I assume were we talking because of the Ohio River and then it connects to the Mississippi. Are we're talking like New Orleans kind of culture? Those are the things that are.
Speaker 6: Coming down.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, so, Yes, the river boats are coming from seven cities from the East and the Alleghany and the Monongahela. It comes the Three Rivers Queen from Pittsburgh, and then Louisville and Memphis, and then as you go to the Mississippi, Yes, all the way down south from New Orleans, Moline, Illinois, the quad cities just west of Chicago and Minneapolis. So all those boats have traveled between one thousand and fourteen hundred miles, some of them eight days to get here. And so yeah, that's where the boats were coming from. And each of those boats are going to celebrate their home port and their culture with their music and their cuisine.
Speaker 3: We're talking to Susan Fisher, executive director of the River Rodge Festival starting tomorrow actually with the different cruises around on the river boats, and Susan, I suppose there's going to be a lot of stuff on both sides of the river as far as booths being set up, various foods, drinks, whatnot, all up in.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, we are, we are in setup mode right now to get ready for everybody. And yeah, we've got on the cuisine front, we are looking to celebrate every nationality of cuisine of people that have settled here uh and and established their roots in the Cincinnati region. Uh so Alfio's and Fortune Dumpling, Aunt, Flora's Smoke Justice on both sides of the river, uh celebrating Southern Cajun barbecue, Italian German soul, all kinds of great food. And then on the beverage side, because the Cincinnati region likes to uh imbibe, we've got you know, of course, the incredible beer history and heritage. On the Ohio side, so we've got a craft brewmaster tasting experience where you can walk up and get just a sample of twenty different kinds of craft beer, or you can sign up for one of the sessions and learn about the brewery industry.
Speaker 8: So that's in Ohio.
Speaker 4: And then similarly, on the Kentucky side, right at Festival Park, there's a two hundred plus foot tent called the Kentucky Bourbon Experience, and there's a bottle shop of really rare bottles of bourbon. There's a tasting blending area for bourbon experiences. And then with our partners the Merchant Club, there's going to be a speakeasy on one end, so that'll be fun. And then as well, up at Ovation, the new Ovation, which has the best overlook of the city. There's also going to be Bourbon experiences up there and restaurants and bars from the Beeline.
Speaker 3: Susan, I'm glad you brought up Ovation. We are going to be doing Rock's not going to be up, but he's going to be on a town. I'm going to be with Jason Williams at the Ovation on the River doing our show on Thursday, and I plan on participating in the Bourbon experience whether.
Speaker 9: Or not.
Speaker 3: A lot, Susan. People want to find out more, where can they go?
Speaker 4: Sure, well, we've got a great website, americasriverroots dot com that's with an S. And also if you go to Google or Apple wherever you get your apps, type in river Roots and it'll pop up the America's River Roots Festival app, which will allow you to go through the schedule of all the great music on all all four stages and heart your favorites so you don't miss them as well. The Freedom Center is going.
Speaker 6: To have a speaker series.
Speaker 4: It's open to the public. By the way, Friday and Saturday open for free thanks to a.
Speaker 6: Partnership with Fifth Third, The Black.
Speaker 4: Music Walk of Fame of course is always open, and the carousel is going to be opened. So come on down to the banks and Yateman's Cove and Newport and all that is on the app and you can, you know, sort of curate your own experience.
Speaker 3: Great, very cool, Susan Fisher. We appreciate it. We'll see you down.
Speaker 4: There, all right, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: All right take okay, So, as a Fisher, the executive director of America's River.
Speaker 1: Now speaking of have you seen that innovation site? Oh yeah, yeah, Well you're talking some nice condos office space and they got like you know, the common areas and the restaurants and the and the whole deal.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 2: It is very very cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're going to have the uh the show is going to be set up in the new Market bar down there. Innovation, Yes, so stop but you can check it out at the Ovation on the River dot com. It's gonna be fun.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm really going for the weather's supposed to be outstanding.
Speaker 1: Assume I got to miss I got a football game to go to, but but no, it should be. It should be a great experience. Uh, great space they got down there, so very cool with that.
Speaker 3: We check in with traffic and weather. What is going on?
Speaker 12: Well, from the UC Health Traffic Center, Mamma Graham Saved Lives called five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual Mammo Graham with uc Health sex Per Team called five one three five eight four pink. And we have seventy one north bounded writing with a crash. You're off on the right shoulder. The cleanup is underway in Kentucky. It's a seventy five northbound near Mountains Iron Road. Well, we've got traffic diverted by the exit and entrance ramps because of this accident. Police and emergency crews on the scene. Over an hour delay. If you can't avoid that area, you do so is the wark continues to get that mess taken into care of two seventy five eastbound at the Combs Hiale Bridge. Our maintenance work is going to continue through at least mid November. Deck work on that bridge and on the Carroll Cropper Bridge. Now we've got to so down. It's two seventy five westbound back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky and southbound got about a five minute delay back to US fifty in Indiana My Bricks Shrimp News Radio seven hundred WDLW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from all seven hundred WLW Weather Center forwood and eyed clouds, maybe some on and off rain as part of that. The low of sixty four for tomorrow morning showers in the high of seventy It is seventy. Nowe News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 13: Hi, I'm Rocky Boyman from the Eddie and Rocky Show with a special poem just for you. If you missed part of our show and you now feel like crap, you can always hear the podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Macy's. Backstage.
Speaker 3: Macy's wright sent Tanya, it's our Tanya day, coming up here after the news, and we were talking about what we're going to talk about, and then about five minutes later she sends back, the Bengals just got Joe Flaco, and I thought you would be like, get that's funny, she said, not seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's kind of out of the blue.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 1: I mean, Zach Taylor, if you listen to his press conference, he left the door open. He did not commit to Jake Browning being the other star, So in your head You're like, okay, is that is you put to start Mike White, start Mark Rippons, they start Sean Clifford. But then they really Mike.
Speaker 3: White, and they released Mike White on and they raised the ripping. I don't know the order, but yeah, then they signed Joe Flacca. My initial thought is, number one, what's been the biggest downfall of Jake Brownie? But what is he what's the worst thing he's done?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 3: The picks, the picks, Well, Joe Flacco has six picks already. Yeah, and one hundred and sixty attempts exactly. That worries me.
Speaker 1: And the other part that worries me is Joe Flacco's lack of mobility with a line that's not exactly uh you know Fort Knox here, right. So I applaud the organization for doing something I think a fan base that's very vested in it and is all involved in it. I think you show them we're we're doing what we can here and trying to write this ship in a division that's still winnable. So now I think it's interesting. And look, the thing you're getting in Flacco is experience. And of all the college coaches I talked to, and every single week and over the years and years and years. I mean, the number one thing they talk about with the quarterback is having experience. And experiences is key in everything every industry, but you know, in particular quarterback, because there's just so many blitzes and coverages and looks and things like that, and you're talking about a guy in Joe Flacca who has literally seen all of them.
Speaker 3: You're talking about the experience. That's something I wanted to bring up to you yesterday and watching that Browns game on Sunday morning, I didn't realize that, Dylan Gabriel, you started, like, what sixty games in college something like that.
Speaker 1: Next well bow next said that the record which is I believe sixty one starts in college. It was incredible, And yeah, it's funny because I remember not that long ago, it was like, you wanted a quarterback that was younger, the better because that meant you had more years in the league. Now they figured out we can't bring in someone here that is super young and it takes two and three years to develop. People just don't have the patience anymore, and they got to be good because defenses are more complex than ever. Offenses are more complex than ever. She means someone that has a lot of experience. Same thing in college, with all this transfer portal nonsense, the quarterbacks that usually get brought in are the ones that have experience.
Speaker 3: That's what happened with Gabriel. He played for what three you sef and then Oklahoma Lahoma? Yeah remember that, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Same thing.
Speaker 1: Bon Nix was had been at Auburn, then he went to went to Oregon. You know, Kyler Murray had been a few Yeah. Yeah, So it's it's or I meant, Jalen Hurts have been a few places.
Speaker 3: They've showed all the people who had been at Oklahoma and Jalen Hurts and uh and Gabriel we're two of them. Yeah, we're gonna be talking to Tanyard Warg has discussed just a moment ago. But now we have the news news Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: A community mourning the loss of a high school sophomore with the three p thirty report, I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now sad news coming this afternoon as a Tina was found critically injured after a hidden run over the weekend succumb to his injuries.
Speaker 17: A statement from Mohler says that hearts are broken on word. The sophomore Dylan Strawn has now died from his injuries. The fifteen year old was riding his bicycle on Old Coal Rain Road over the weekend when he was struck by a car that did not stop. He was found by a passerby early Sunday morning, nine one one was called. The school says Dylan was a positive and caring student who asked to become a house chaplain early so he could pray for his classmates. Dylan was also in band, theater, and volleyball. There is a gofund me account set up for the Strawn family. I'm Jack Crumley News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 12: From the UC Health Traffic Center. Mamma Grahams Save Lives Call five one three five eight four pink to schedule your annual mammogram with UC Health Sexpert Team five one three five eight four pink and traffic cond seventy five is sowing northbound in Kentucky near the Monzaion Road exit is We've got add the accident here. Diverting traffic via the exit and entrance ramps over an hour delay. Just avoid the area. Seventy one northbound at Reading crash airs off on the right shoulder, and again. Seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway down to Norwood. Lateral traffic flows through that road work, and two seventy five the Carrol Cropper Bridge heavy with the ongoing bridge work, seventy two seventy five west bound delays back to the Petersburg exit in southbound back to US fifty and two seventy five eastbound the Comb's Hail Bridge. We have the maintenance work here continuing through November. I'm Rick Shrimpduce Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 2: Welcome ladies.
Speaker 15: Forecast from the train heating and cooling weather setter on news Radio seven WLW.
Speaker 18: Scattered showers and a few thunderstorms will continue through this evening. Then we're clearing out overnight into your Wednesday morning. Tomorrow turns cooler with sunshine and heights near sixty five. You'll definitely feel the fall fills later this week as our nighttime temperatures dip into the forties. From your sofa weather station, I'm nine first one and meteorologists kJ Jacobs's ready goal seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: And radar continuing to show the heaviest of the rainfall in southern parts of Brown and Adams Counties. And also if you're in West Union, you're seeing that heavier rainfall currently, and also Maysville across the river in northern Kentucky. Most of us are getting a break right now from the rain shower activity. Do have some pockets moving through the greater Cincinnati area and areas north of the city also seeing some heavier rainfall just north of Butler County if you're heading toward Dayton right now at sixty eight degrees. Newsday Service of Arnel Carriers and low Tes Center. The Bengals acquiring veteran quarterback Joe Flacco from the Browns today, as well as they're six round pick in next year's draft that originally belonged to the Lions. In exchange, the Bengals will send Cleveland their fifth round pick in twenty twenty six. Both teams have now announced a deal on their social media accounts. The forty year old Flacca began the season as the Browns starting quarterback, but was recently benched with rookie Dylan Gabriel getting his first career start this past Sunday. More coming up in sports with seg and Ohio. Early in person voting got underway today at county election boards ahead of the November fourth election this week. Boards are opened through Friday from eight am to five pm. Early voting ABS and Tee by mail has also started. For those who want to vote ABS in Tee, they need to get their application to the local county election board by the end of the day.
Speaker 3: October twenty eighth, seven to.
Speaker 15: One hundred and WLW Sport.
Speaker 19: It's a Bengals update, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. The Bengals turned to their division rivals for a much needed quarterback, acquiring Joe Flacco winto trade today with the Cleveland Browns. The Bengals also get a sixth round draft pick, while the Browns land a fifth round choice. Flacco joins the Bengals two days after head coach Zack Taylor was noncommittal on Jake Browning status as the starter. Sunday in Green Bay, throwing eight interceptions in three games after Joe Burrows toe injury, Bill Dennison seven hundred w WELW Sport.
Speaker 16: Final half hour trading on Wall Street. The DAL currently down one hundred and thirty eight points, DATAC down one hundred and fifty five, and the SFP down twenty nine. Our next update is at four o'clock. I'm Sean Gaalbager. News Radio seven hundred WLW seven hundred.
Speaker 20: WLW Cincinnati and iHeartRadio Station. Make us the number one preset on your car radio and on the free new and improved iHeartRadio ad Listen for all your music radio and podcast free never sounded so good. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: It's not by Ralph's American Grow in Wilmington, I seventy one, Exit fifty inside the Holiday and at the Roberts Center.
Speaker 2: Genesis Diamonds celebrates ten years in Cincinnati. Used to be a new business in town.
Speaker 3: Now we are at local institution, Jennesis. All right back with Eddie and Rocky and Rocket. Is Tuesday round about this time, and we have our usual Tuesday guest.
Speaker 9: Round about right now.
Speaker 3: The Queen, the Queen Cincinnati Media. She wears her crown well and has worn it for years.
Speaker 6: It's thorny, though.
Speaker 3: She is our good friend Tanya from w CPO Night News. Tanya, a lot of a lot of stuff on the plate today, but we were well, we were just talking about the River Roots thing. I believe you guys. Let's just get the promo stuff out of the way right quick. You guys are going to be dying.
Speaker 6: Sure. I mean, of course it's a big deal, River Roots. You know, it's it kicks off officially today. It's really the idea that this starts the celebration of what's to come next year, which is America's fiftieth birthday, and the focus is on Cincinnatisi river culture in you know, in in America, and how we were so important. We liked being important, so you know, and there's if you were we called tall stacks. Oh yeah, stack, but maybe with a little more, a little more like, you know, more stuff. So lots of lots of the river paddle wheelers down there. I think there's I mean something like one hundred and sixty different boat cruises that are offered right now. Yeah, So they did have to cancel some headliners and stuff like that. They got rid of some of the late night cruises because apparently those weren't selling well. But yeah, we might should be nice for it.
Speaker 3: We just had we just had the executive director on and uh okay, I was going I was going to ask her about that, but nothing screams the America came out America's river routes, like having Weezer do a show. I couldn't quite figure out where some of this stuff was connected at as.
Speaker 6: You know, yeah, you kind of think more like bluegrass would good something like that. Like, I don't know, but I think what they wanted was and I'm totally guessing here, guys, I have no clue of not spoken to one human involved with River Roots Festival. Is that My guess is they wanted to appeal to a much broader audience than for example, Tall Sacks was about just the boat Tall Sex, and so they wanted to not call it Tall Sacks again, is a guess, because they wanted to be about more than just the river boats. They wanted to be about the underground railroad, freedom area, you know, all that whole story. They wanted to be a little more inclusive, and that included baby bringing in the Maren Morris and Weezer crowd, which apparently did not go as planned. But you know, we are.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's move along here to the news that you broke to me. Oh yeah, about an hour ago, I'm sitting there, we're just we're talking about talking about what we were going to talk about, and uh, all of it we got. We finished with that little text chain in about five minutes later, you sent me a text now the clear blue that just said the Bengals just got Joe Flacco. And I was like, say, what.
Speaker 1: By the way, Joe Flacco, I played against Joe Flacco. That's how long Joe Flacco. He's forty with the Steelers.
Speaker 2: When I was at the Steelers. He's with the Ravens.
Speaker 21: And yeah, yeah, oh my lord, Yeah, I mean he's not Look, he's a proven winner, he's a guy who is a leader.
Speaker 6: He knows how to handle a team, clear, you know, all those things which are very important. He still has to stay behind the same line. You know, he's not very mobile anymore. I don't know. You tell me, you guys are the sports experts, Rocky if he mobile, why not so much.
Speaker 2: No, he's not mobile at all, which is a little bit of a concern.
Speaker 6: Yes, oh okay, but here's the thing, Like, well, I look at it from a fan perspective, like, Okay, maybe this is good in the sense that the ants is so wide open. I mean, of all the years for us not to have Joe Burrow healthy, and you know, like, my god, you know, look at everyone's terrible, like or or love. Different variations are terrible. Why can't we just rise to the you know up, So maybe this gets us the wins that we need I don't to get in the playoffs. I mean, I don't know. Does it mean that you know, I know that this is my deep hope of course that like maybe Joe's toe is doing really well and so they're like, look they can if he can peel off six wins for us and we can get Joe back, you know, maybe I don't know. Am I crazy? Am I crazy?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 2: You might be crazy for thinking Joe Burrow is going to come back this year? Maybe not.
Speaker 1: But I would say with with Flacco, I feel like if you watch the Bengals games, there's open wide receivers, there's guys open and one thing Joe Flacco does well, even especially this you know part of his career is he's seen everything so and he's a quick decision maker. So he's he finds open guys. I thought he did that in the second half of the Bengals game when we played.
Speaker 2: Him in the opening opening game of the season.
Speaker 1: I mean, he if there's an open guy, buddy, he was hitting him. So if that's really what at the essence, what this Bengals team needs right now is, Hey, we've got guys scheme to get open.
Speaker 2: We just can't.
Speaker 1: Browning just you know, can't find him, can't get the ball to him. Maybe Flacco can help in that regard.
Speaker 6: Well, like, we don't give up much for him a fist front pick. I don't think that that's tragic or anything. But the biggest really problem for me now on a personal level is I traded away on my fantasy team. I traded away T Higgins because I'm like, well, he's never catching a ball again, you know what I mean? And now look at this, this is problematic for me.
Speaker 3: Let's listen to you Wheeling a dealer.
Speaker 2: Yah, I know that.
Speaker 6: Was a dumb decision by me. That was very dumb. So well that's okay, back next week. The way, no one's handing me back to you because you're kidding me. So that said, like I think it's an interesting move. I think it's something that the Brown family doesn't generally make these moves. Maybe we should all be like, huh hm, this is interesting, right, isn't it good news in some way?
Speaker 1: Well, it's good because it shows it said the zero, but showing the fan base that you're doing whatever you can. And at the end of the day, I think people would at least respect if if an organization, a coach is trying things and trying to get things right and making some moves, and the Bengals don't make a lot of moves, and I think that's one people, that one thing that draws a lot of higher from Bengals fans. We don't trade, we don't get creative, we don't, you know, get rid of draft picks for proven commodities. We're still kind of stuck in this old way. This at least shows the organization is willing to try something. Will it work, I don't know, but I think it makes me more excited that hell, I want to watch the game this Sunday just to see what happens to me too.
Speaker 6: Well, and a little listen, there's six more home games, and the Brown family certainly wants Butts in the seats, and I just I think that after I think you saw this weekend so many Bengals fans sold their seats. You saw so much blue in that stadium. There was not a It looked like an FC game, not a Bengal game with the orange and blue. And so you've got to think that just at a minimum, you want your fans engaged, and you know you want to be able to sell over price beers and hot dogs for sure, So you do something because I think the fan base was really I mean down, very down, down, down down downtown. So hopefully this gives the fans something to be exaid about. Like you said, you're willing to watch the game again. I'm willing to watch the game again. Last weekend I had no one, but I made myself very busy. So I walk through and I go and I walked back out.
Speaker 3: And you know, things like that, you didn't miss much.
Speaker 6: I know I did watch more than I'd like to admit. I kept getting up and like yelling at the TV and then walking away.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well let me ask you, Tanya, switching gears again. Coming up here at four o'clock our topic. We're going to interview, Uh, a psychologists brain experts. It's a brain talking about brain about earworms. Those It just so happens that Ron and I were talking about this yesterday and this guest popped up and I was like, well, let's get that guy on to describe. Tell us how why does that happen when you get a song in your brain and you can't let go of.
Speaker 6: Like it's a small world after all, Like you know that songs you want to sing it for, you get it started in your ear because you'll never leave, please'll never You can hear it, now, can't you? You can hear it. It's a small world. Yeah, And that's why does our brain not let that go? And more importantly, why are there only certain songs that do that? Your habits where you wake up in the middle of the night like you're you're asleep, you're in bed, and you keep the same song, the same verse with the same song keeps playing in your head and you can't get it to stop. Because that's like the worst to me.
Speaker 1: To me, it's it's the it's the And what I'm excited to ask the doctor about is I can understand if you hear a song, especially when you haven't heard a while and like and you're into it, like oh sweet, and that song stays in your head. But a song that you haven't heard, you know, recently at all, all of a sudden that one pops in your.
Speaker 2: Head, Like why that's that's what's going to be pretty interesting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I want to I'll be I'll keep listening on here what this doctor says, because this happens to me. I hate to admit an awful lot, like an awful, awful lot, and it drives me wild. What are what songs get stuck in your head? Guys?
Speaker 3: Well various? It goes dat lately. The other day here's here's where it goes with me. One day it was the old song I think it was by Chubby Checker, the Limbo Rock, Do the limb just that one line, do the Limbo Rock? Because I heard it on an oldie station. And then the next day and that's been that way ever since losing my religion by I have no.
Speaker 2: Idea why.
Speaker 1: Just below you two and my bands I should never have existed, just that that beginning do do.
Speaker 2: That's?
Speaker 3: I don't know why that just stuck it. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my song, by the way, I said yesterday. Let's tell you my song is a lynchpin by Fear Factory. Go ahead and and look it up once we're off here. But that song has been on my head for about a week.
Speaker 6: Why do I want that stuck in my head? I don't want, I don't want to listen to that, and then.
Speaker 22: It gets stick in my head given about four seconds, like your brain.
Speaker 3: Your brain rejected immediately.
Speaker 6: It's one of the isn't it interesting that? Like like if I have an earworm or something going like that, I have to turn on the radio and listen to something else and then it goes away.
Speaker 3: Well you know what to listen to the Eddie and Rocky show. Another will stick in your brain like us two.
Speaker 6: Talking nothing like an earworm like you two.
Speaker 3: That's been said with that, But yes we will. We will let you go and we'll see you down the river.
Speaker 6: Oh yes, okay, I'll be in my hoop skirt, bye.
Speaker 3: Bye bye down there and her old lacy thing with a big bonnet thingy on bonnet of course. Yeah, let's see. Okay, With that that thought in mind, we check in with track Weather. What's going on going on?
Speaker 12: Did she just call you the earworms? Of Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Is that what I just heard?
Speaker 12: Well from the UC Health Traffic Center Mammograms Save Lives called five win three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with the UC Health we U s THEE health Expert team go five one three five eight four pink. But we have seventy five northbound ere Monzion Road in Kentucky now finally cleared accident out of the way. It has reopened from the northern or accidents still about an hour delay seventy five southbound Norwood Lateral. The crash air takes up the left lane seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral, about a ten minute trip with the road work care ongoing and DeLay's back to Shepherd Princeton Pike at Kemper An accident and writing at East Goldbread crash and cruis are there getting that taken care of them plant at about a five minute trip seventy one north bound between Ridge and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway and ten minute today as you make your way along seventy five at the Carol Cropper Bridge with the s O touns back to the Petersburg exit Mi. Rick Schremp News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for wood and eyed clouds, maybe some on and off rain as part of that. The low of sixty four for tomorrow morning showers in the high of seventy. It is seventy nowe News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Willy is the one person.
Speaker 23: I know I can count on, my friend. I want you to know that I Bill Cunningham am here for you.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel good to be an American.
Speaker 23: Let me help ease your concerns, keep you informed, and raise your spirits.
Speaker 12: I rather have my arm gnawed off by beavers than miss Willie's show.
Speaker 23: I'm here for you.
Speaker 3: All you have to do is listen to me the great America. I want to be a great American.
Speaker 2: Just like Willie.
Speaker 22: Bill Cunningham Tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred W LW.
Speaker 24: This report is sponsored by Staples Q the Easy Button because it's official Easy Deal Days at Staples now through October eleven, save up to forty percent off over a thousand products from tech chairs like.
Speaker 3: Talking about Doctor Porter's going to join us to talk about why do earworms those songs that get inside your head, getting there and just stick with you for a few days.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I had not heard of this term until yesterday. I've never heard what a earworm is. Everyone knows what it is. It's those songs, silly or otherwise, that somehow get in your brain and you just can't let them go. And as I said with Tanya, the most interesting ones are the ones where you don't actually hear the song.
Speaker 2: It's like you either wake.
Speaker 1: Up singing it or just somehow during the course of the day you start singing it.
Speaker 2: How the hell that get in there?
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Tim. Wait, Tim, what's going on? You're uh, how do you cure earworms?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 25: Calling from the black Swamp of far northwestern Ohio. You're coming in loud and clear, wind Power Capital of Ohio.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 25: I used to play in rock and roll bands my whole life, back in the sixties and seventies. We used to call them a.
Speaker 2: Hook back then.
Speaker 25: But I get those, and my remedy is I have a song that I can hum inside my brain. It's a song by Harry Chapin called Cats in the Cradle. Oh Yeah, and it will replace any repetitive type earworm you get because if you know the song, it has a long opening. It's variable, it's not a repeating thing. But I can hear that in my head and it replaces the earworm, and I go right.
Speaker 3: To sleep, all right, Tim, Well, thanks buddy, you don't want it really happens to me? Is Christmas time, you know, because you only hear obviously, you only hear those songs around you know, maybe nine ten on after you heard it the last time. But then all of a sudden, it's the most wonderful time. That song will stick in my head every day, simply heavy, wonderful Christmas time. That's the one that seems to get stuck. Well, because I hate it so much that most people do. It always seems like it's the songs my grandma got run over by a reindeer that'll stick in my head. Yep, I mean just saying it. I can already hear it playing in my head, but I have no idea. But it's true what you said. I've noticed that. I've noticed that too. Well, Like I said when I said losing my religion, r em, I couldn't tell you the last time I heard that song. Yeah, just one day just popped in my brain, and I'm just I just kept Internet over and over again.
Speaker 1: The ones that makes sense are as I said, a song you haven't heard in a while that you really like, and then you hear it, You're like, oh wow, and then he starts singing it, and you know me, I'm always singing a song during the course of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you're you could go anywhere from like, oh, you were talking about this a full song, but or and the next day it might be like a Virgin by Madonna is my musical tasar all over the place. Let's talk to Jason and Fairfield. Hey, Jason, real quick, what do you have?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was just talking about when you said earworms. I was thinking about the Star Trek movie where Checkov got the earworm in his head and now he said, it's not a song, but it's a scene that is now in my head again of the worm going into his.
Speaker 3: I recall, I mean, thank you, Jason, I totally remember that scene you never see you never saw that the old Star Trek where the cross into his ear is in the movie or I don't remember if that's in the movie or on the TV. I think it's in rather a rather consounds about right, because I have that image burning in my head. My dad made me go see that movie back in wherever it was. It was a Star Trek like trilogy. I guess it was all three. Oh you went to that and to like marathon marathon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I believe it was Northgate Cinemas. Wow, watch a movie and you come out and go back and watch another movie. Maybe it wasn't three, but it was certainly two. It was a marathon.
Speaker 3: A little much. I'd need some gummies for that way. Coming up, we're gonna be talking about these earworms and the science behind it. But now it's the news news radios of one hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: News, Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: Trying to do something to right the ship after losing three in a row. With the four o'clock report, I'm Jack Rumbley BA breaking now the Bengals are trading a fifth round pick to the Browns in exchange for quarterback Joe Flacco and a sixth round pick. ESPN NFL analyst Jeff Saturday.
Speaker 2: This is a shot in the dark.
Speaker 26: To me, this is not an offense that protects their quarterback.
Speaker 3: Joe Flacco.
Speaker 15: Is it fleet to foot?
Speaker 26: I mean, Joe Burrow was back there getting hit, and I understand Brownie's not playing well.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what you think.
Speaker 26: You upgrade, other than okay, get the ball out on time.
Speaker 3: Use Higgins, you know, put it in Chase his hands, that kind of thing.
Speaker 26: But I look at this thing, and I don't know. It's a kind of a head scratcher to me.
Speaker 17: The forty year old Flacco began the season as the Browns starter. He was benched after Week four. The Bengals are hoping to start him against the Packers at Green Bay this coming Sunday. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 12: From the UC Health Traffic Center Mammograms Save Lives Call five point three five eight four pinks. Schedule your annual ammogram with the EC healths Expert team. That's five one three five eight four pink. And traffic sewing on seventy five. This is southbound in Norwood. Lateral left lane taken up with the crash. Good news on Harrison and Old Rye. Bold accident cleared, Princeton Pike at Kemper an accident writing at Goldbreath. The crash and in Kentucky's seventy five northbound near Mount Zion Road. The accident here has cleared out of the way from the area. We have delays back to the Walton split, but again it's now cleared. Still about a forty five minute delay now on the seventy five southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral. We've got about a ten minute delay from Sheppard because of the ongoing road work at the Carol Cropper Bridge. To seventy five westbound is sewing back to the Petersburg exit. Southbound, we're heavy back to U West fifty In Indiana, I'm Brick SHREMP News Radio seven hundred WDWLWD.
Speaker 17: It's also worth noting a lot of people getting out of that backup on northbound seventy five by taking the Walton exit and going north on US twenty five or even over on US forty two. Some pretty heavy traffic from folks that got off at Richwood. If you're trying to go north on US twenty five or north on US forty two in the Union, try and get around that backup on seventy five.
Speaker 27: Now, the latest forecast from the No Feared Dentist Weather Center Advance Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck. We're here for you, no fear dentist dot com.
Speaker 28: Tonight at showers early than just clouds, a morning low of fifty three now for our Wednesday. A few clouds early, then mostly sunny, high of just sixty eight at night, clear and much cooler, a low down to forty three from your severe Weather station, A nine first warning. Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW radar show.
Speaker 17: Is still quite a bit of rain in Butler County right now, and some more scattered showers in the tri State. It's sixty nine degrees. Mohler High School announcing that the sophomore who's been in the hospital since he was hit by a car over the weekend has died from his injuries. A lease a fifteen year old Dylan Strawn, was riding his bike on old coal rain when he was hit by a car that did not stop. The school remembering him as a positive and caring student involved in the band, theater, and volleyball. Local leaders got an update today on when the Brent Spence Corridor project will go from planning a bridge to building one.
Speaker 29: Groundbreaking will happen early next year, with work on the river to soon follow. The manager for o DOT on the Brent Spence Corridor project says they're getting closer to starting construction on a new bridge.
Speaker 30: Our main goal is to build it as quickly as possible, to minimize disruption, and to do it in a safe way for our workers in the motoring public.
Speaker 29: Tommy Arnold says design work is sixty percent complete and work starts next year. The project manager says they'll do their best to keep people up to date on the detours that are going to be necessary. Construction should be complete sometime in twenty twenty nine. And Brian comes News Radio seven a WL double.
Speaker 17: Con Wall Street today near the close the Dow ending down ninety two points and Asdack down one thirty eight, the s and P off by twenty six.
Speaker 15: Seven, one hundred l Sport.
Speaker 19: Here's the Bengals update, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. The Bengals turned to their division rivals for a much needed quarterback, acquiring Joe Flacco into trade today with the Cleveland Browns. The Bengals also get a sixth round draft pick, while the Browns land a fifth round choice. Flacco joins the Bengals two days after head coach Zack Taylor was noncommittal on Jake Browning status as the starter Sunday in Green Bay, throwing eight interceptions in three games after Joe Burrows toe injury.
Speaker 3: Bill Dennison seven under WLW Sports. I'm Jack Crumley.
Speaker 17: Our next update at four thirty Breaking News Anytime News Radio seven hundred DOUBLEBALLW.
Speaker 24: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and air Conditioning. School has started, but summer temps are still here. Stay cool with one hour.
Speaker 3: Pops in your brain and you can't get it out.
Speaker 2: Can't get it out.
Speaker 1: Don't know where it came from some of the time, but in some cases you could do anything to relieve it.
Speaker 3: From your brain. Well, let's talk to our expert in brain health here. He's an over winning author, speaker, he's a founder of brain tap. He's been featured speaking on every major media outlet you can think of. Doctor Patrick the Porter. Welcome back to the program.
Speaker 10: Hey, thanks for having me come here.
Speaker 3: So Douc, what about these there? We're talking about it. What is the brain science behind this? Because Rocky and I were talking about it and the song just popped into my brain not too long ago. And the same with him, that kind of got stuck there for a few days that I hadn't even heard lately. Same with him.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well you think about even jingles on the radio. When you have your jingle, they want to get something that's catchy. We hired the guy that did the coke commercial and he did one for our wellness center. It was a stop smoking clinic and they did take a deep breath of America. We knew we got it when my kids were running around the.
Speaker 2: House singing the song.
Speaker 10: So there's a certain rhythm, a certain cadence that hijacked the brain. The Olympic system, which is the primitive brain, likes the rhythm and cadence, and then the megga which then takes the frontal lobe offline. So if you're wondering why people listening to Taylor Swift, it's because they don't have frontal lobe activity, you know, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, well played.
Speaker 1: So that is what you're saying, is there there are certain things that just are biologically wired in our brains that are soothing or appealing.
Speaker 2: Is that is that kind of what you're saying?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean most people don't want to admit it. But if you if you produce a movie and you don't say to the script, there's only one hundred and twenty eight different variations of a script that will work in Hollywood. If you vary from any one of those one and twenty eight, your movie will flop. Really, there's a yeah, Like if you look at every show, Doctor, that's like in Cis, somebody gets killed before the first credits, right then they figured it out. Then there's going to be a part of the story where they're not going to make it and they're going to find something new discovery. It's it's all a formia in our brains because we're hardwired for these things, and the genetic makeup that we have, not just our brain, but it's our whole biology is programmed.
Speaker 1: For this interesting So, Doctor, how do you explain you know, like, over time, certain trends kind of catch on in other words, and then others kind of leave. Is there anything to that or is it still just the same hardwired thing. We just get a new appetite for something and eventually it all kind of cycles back around.
Speaker 10: Well, what I tell people to do is go to YouTube and put in synchronizing metronomes.
Speaker 31: This will freak you out.
Speaker 10: This guy starts Twitter metronomes and within three minutes they're all synchronized. But after three minutes they think, they d think, and then they synchronize again. So everything cyclic, you know, like when you look at a conk shell or you know, a seashell and you see that there's they call it the Fibonacci sequence. Everything in nature has this rhythm, this cadence, this beat, this frequency. So they're actually playing into our biological system. And some when they just go off key, it's not their time. You know, It's like you could have a great invention, but it's not the right time for that invention. So the opportunity has to meet the challenge of that moment.
Speaker 1: Is that why most songs doc are in four to four rhythm? I mean most songs, especially rock songs, are in four to four. The occasional, uh, for some reason, I'm thinking the band, Yes, they always used to use like really weird time like thirteen seven and all kinds of stuff, But for.
Speaker 2: The most part, four to four just agrees with our brain.
Speaker 32: Right.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's actually something called the Mozart effect. They've actually studied it in science and it's Mozart did it. You know Mozart actually heard the music of the Steers, they say, because he didn't compose his orchestra. He actually just wrote it down. He heard it in his head. So I don't know. They know. Every cell of our body is actually singing a beat frequency, and our body is tuned to a certain beat frequency, and science is showing how to do this. So when you think about the four four rhythm, the base frequency for our brain for is alpha. That that will come out to ten cycles per second. So that means you're going to be more accepting of that, doctor, if it was like yeah, like people that listen to that reactionary music like the heavy metal, Yeah, they they're looking for something that's going to create dopamine cortisol near per nepron. That's a different You know, you you listen to your music to what triggers your brain chemistry.
Speaker 3: All right, Doctor Patrick Porter is our guest, and so let me ask you this on the other end of this scale. Doc, when you when you burn out on something, say you know you sometimes you just there's a song that man, you can't get enough of you, you want you play, you're in your are you you know, crank up the volume and then one day you just you're over it? How well, how it's.
Speaker 10: Just like those metronomes that are sung about. For metronomes, it takes three minutes. If you watch that video, you're gonna freak out after three minutes that they disregulate. Again, same thing with our brain. Those neural when you hear something habs loss as, those neurons get fire together, wire together.
Speaker 11: So when you.
Speaker 10: Hear that song, you're activating those neural networks. You're getting all that neural then all the chemicals brain chemicals that are making you feel good, and then eventually your brain goes, I'm over it.
Speaker 1: So I guess Also what you're saying is the people that make music, they're they almost they can almost look at this like a like a math problem, right like, in terms of what they know what biologically we're hardwired to so they can formulate that the beat, the certain beats and hits of a song to activate and come with a certain biol right times.
Speaker 2: Is that kind of what you're saying exactly.
Speaker 10: They actually have little like little snippets of music that they put together that they know work, but they put them in all different orders the songs. Like when I heard Taylor Swift's newest album, which my wife wanted to listen to for some reason, I said, that sounds like her old album. She just changed the words because it's the same beat frequency, it's the same everything, and then she puts words in it. You know that the words are almost meaningless. It's the beat frequency sucks you in, whether you're five years old or ninety five years old, because your yourselves, our body likes that rhythm and cadence, and some people do it by accident maybe, but there is a mathematical formula for it.
Speaker 1: You're right, wow, this is kind of like ac DC ac DC low. Their songs sound the same. That's changed the words around, changed the hook and there you go.
Speaker 3: Is it almost right? Donca? Can you explain it as almost like addiction? You you find, you find the flow that you like, and you you just need more of it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, because when you listen to a song, you're not listening to it to end, but then it ends, so you don't get any more of that dopamine, and dopamine is an adjutant, so then it says, I got to play it again. You're trying to capture that feeling again. That's why you can go to sporting events. They always play the same music, you know, to get you fired up, and then somebody comes up with a new one. They'll put it in there. But I mean they've been playing the same one since I was in high school, you know, so they're like they're the ones that they gets you fired up. Maybe you're not even you're not even feeling that energized, but then they play one of those songs and your body get electrifized because it hears that music.
Speaker 3: Right. Well, uh, doctor Port, this is fascinating again. This just kind of came up randomly yesterday between just the two of us talking like talking about songs that it just recently.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And it happens a lot of times. If you wake up in the morning, you have a you hear a song the radio, and it stays in your head all day because when you're in a certain brainwave frequency, like when you're waking up in data, which is just about just when you're waking out of sleep, that song will get stuck there because that brain wave is it's called hypernesia. But they're playing into that brainwave frequency by these beat frequencies like that four four frequency. Those are because all these frequencies are going on all the time, so they're capturing the attention, just like I would capture a radio station if I had the crystal for that radio station in my like when you used to build them in science class with a potato and a speaker, you know, I'd go get k and rs of crystal and then it would pick up the frequency from the air. It's all in the air right now. But if I don't have that crystal pick up that frequency, I can't hear it. The same is true with these these frequencies. So our brain hears them and oscillates to those, and the it just happens to be one that we really like and it creates this this dopamine effect, which is addictive. You know, that's why music is addictive. You know, you hear certain music, you want to hear your mute. You want to hear your mute your music.
Speaker 3: Well, doctor's fascinating, it really is. I Mean I never even thought about in terms of what we've just talked about here, doctor Patrick Porter. People want to find out more about you and what you all do. Where can they go?
Speaker 10: If they go to brain tap dot com, they can hear we do ear worms. We use bind O beats and ice chronic tones to do that to get positive affirmations and suggestions into your mind, but to balance the brain. We call it brain fitness. So if you want to you want to improve your brain's ability and capacity to sleep better, think better, and perform better, just go there and say fourteen day pre trial.
Speaker 3: Very cool. All right, thanks so much.
Speaker 12: All right, thank you guys.
Speaker 3: Thanks toc See, whenever we talked to doctor Porter, I always feel like I should be doing mushrooms or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's definitely a lot smarter than us, that's about question. But I think thatselfs fascinating to know that there's there's We like to think it's random and a song is just kind of created and a good song is good just because it is. But part of it is we're wired to like certain things and dislike other things. And songs that sound like complete that are organized, like complete mush we don't like, and the ones that kind of have a.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like seeing a movie that somebody else doesn't like for whatever reason, it strikes a chord with you. But somebody else who like that movie sucked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But but it is.
Speaker 3: There is a reason why certain songs are more or less universally liked, you know, Like I mean, who doesn't like you know, even though even though you may it's maybe overplayed and you've heard it a lot, but you.
Speaker 2: Know, Shook Me All Night Long by a C d C.
Speaker 1: Most every human being likes that because there's just something about the makeup of it and the words and everything that is pleasing to you.
Speaker 3: I have a list of the seven worst uh earworm songs of all time. We will talk about those after we have traffic and weather.
Speaker 12: What is going on well from the UC Health Traffic Center, Mammograms Save Lives called five one three five eight four pink scheduling your annual mammogram with the UC Health's expert team five one three five eight four pink. And on seventy five southbound near Norward lateral, our left lane taken up with the accident to two separate accidents actually now reported in the left line. We do have police on the scene. Stop and go condition southbound seventy five as their Charles, so the Brent Spence, adding about five minutes to your drive. And on seventy one northbound we're heavy between Ridge and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock is sluggish and on two seventy five for filling in Moss Stelller to lovel and Madeira. Now the more con two seventy five of the Carrol Cropper Bridge, of course, continues as we have westbound delays at the Indiana Kentucky Indiana state line back to the Petersburg exit in Kentucky, and at southbound we're sold back to US fifty in Indiana and the work on two seventy five E spot at the Comb Sale Bridge. This work can continues. In November. I'm Rick Schrimp produce Radio seven hundred double DLW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from the seven hundred WLW Weather Center forward and eyed clouds, maybe some on and off rain as part of that. The low of sixty four for tomorrow morning showers in the high of seventy It is seventy nine News Radio seven hundred WLW. All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind.
Speaker 17: Okay, Doc smart, Scott's Loan, Funny Scott's Loan, reliable Scott's.
Speaker 6: Loan, mister Penny.
Speaker 3: You have to stop answering Scott's loan.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll try, Doc favorite Scott's Loan, mister Penny.
Speaker 31: Yeah, I try.
Speaker 5: Get out right back.
Speaker 3: Scott's Loan. Listening can become habit for me. Join me Scott'sloan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WLW Scott's Loan, mister Penny.
Speaker 23: This report is sponsored by the James Cancer Hospital.
Speaker 17: When you choose the James at Ohio State, you're selecting the team the specialized.
Speaker 3: We were talking about earworms, those things that it's stuck in your brain. You get a song that, for whatever reason just follows your round all day long, or all week long, or all month off in some cases, whatever, and we want to hear yours. Even a scene from a movie like we had the guy talking earlier about the star Trek thing with the worm crawling in Chekhov's ear. I remember that too, yeah, uh five three seven, four, nine, seven eight hundred, the Big One. But that this list that was connected to this article we were talking about with the doctor. There's seven songs listed here. The number one song in this list Okay, this makes sense. This is according to the University of Saint Andrew's in England. Okay, so the number one is I'm gonna be five hundred miles by their proclaimers.
Speaker 2: I would well, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh we are the Champions by Queen Bohemian Rhapsody Queen.
Speaker 2: The next one you Love.
Speaker 3: Living on a Prayer by Bond jov.
Speaker 1: I want to get stuck in your head as some gigantic earworm.
Speaker 3: I'd rather get replaced by Y M. C A by Village People. Next on the list, uh, final countdown. My my wife, were you and I were talking off the ear about podcasts. She goes, I got an idea for it. You need to start up podcast and call it the Vinyl Countdown, and you interview you know, local people and notable people around and talk about their five favorite albums of all. That's what I told her too. I was that'd be cool, but it would cost literally thousand dollars to get the rights to play that music on the radio. Work Yeah, yeah, yeah, I can't do that. Licensing is it.
Speaker 2: A little strict about that sticky wicked? You can't just go oops?
Speaker 3: And the final one on the list was who Let the Dogs Out? I haven't heard that song in a long time, big time. That came out when I was in college. Yeah, let's face it, man, you couldn't get that song out of your brain for a long time. Yeah, So what are yours? We want to hear him? Seven four nine, seven eight hundred the big one. But now the news news Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 15: News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 16: Amid the Bengals offensive wall, I was training for a Super Bowl winning quarterback with the four point thirty report, I'm Sean Gallbiger breaking.
Speaker 33: Now it starts with me playing better at the quarter of our position and not putting our team in difficult situations. And there's no hiding from that. And so that's that is what it is. I mean, I appreciate him saying that, but it's not on him. Sumy, I need to stopped throwing interceptions.
Speaker 16: Bengals quarterback Jake Browne after Sunday's loss to the Lions, referring to head coach Zach Taylor, who took accountability for the lack of offense at his play calling during the three game losing streak. Taylor Monday said he wasn't rolling out a change of quarterback, but after the news today it adds to the speculation about the possibilities. The Bengals have made a trade with the Browns, acquiring veteran quarterback Joe Flacco and a six round pick next year, and are sending a fifth Brown pick in the twenty twenty sixth draft to Cleveland. The forty year old Flacco, who returned to the Browns in a one year contract, started a quarterback to begin this season, but was recently benched with with rookie quarterback Dylan Gabriel getting to start this past Sunday. Flaco's best known for being the most Valuable player in Super Bowl forty seven, leading the Ravens to a win over the forty nine ers. Browning stepping back into the QB one role for the Bengals after Burrows suffered a turf toe injury in Week two, which required surgery will keep him out of the lineup for at least three months as he recovers, and Browning has struggled throwing eight interceptions in his three games. In the three games and when he came into the game Week two against Jacksonville and then includes three interceptions this past Sunday in that thirty four to thirty seven to twenty four loss to Detroit. It's still not known who will start this upcoming Sunday at the Packers. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 12: From the UC Health Traffic Center Mammogram Saved Lives called five one three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with EAC Health's expert team called five one three five eight four pink. And on seventy five southbound at New Orver Lateral, we've got to the left lane taken up two separate crashes in that area and police are on the scene. Seventy five southbound as their childs of the Brent Spence stop and go northbound. Seventy five Mitchell to Pattick heavy seventy one northbound Ridge Torontald reaking Cross County Highway about a five minute delay. Two seventy five mass Stetler to Lovela Madeira is also sluggish and we do have the s Tountain sign. The two seventy five at the Combshale Bridge because of the ongoing bridge work. It's going to continue through November and on the two seventy five at the Carrol Cropper Bridge, westbound delays to the Petersburg Exits southbound heavy Back to you west fifty. I'm Rick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double D WILCO the.
Speaker 15: Latest forecast from a train heating and cooling weather center on news radio seven hundred wl JUBE.
Speaker 28: Tonight rain ending in a morning low of fifty three now for tomorrow, becoming mostly sunny, a high just sixty eight at night. It's clear, but we're dropping down to forty three degrees from your severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Raleigh News Radio seven hundred WLW and Raider.
Speaker 16: At this time is showing the bulk of that rain shower activity, especially the heavier stuff that was booming through Adams County, has moved is starting to move out, and still seeing some range showers that are moving through mainly the southern portion of Adams County. Back further to the west, we are seeing a line of showers that are not as heavy moving through Butler County western Hamilton County, also parts of southeast Indiana and into Boone County in northern Kentucky. Right now, our current temperature is at sixty eight degrees eighteen struck by a vehicle while riding a bike and Corrain Township over the weekend has died. Fifteen year old Dylan Strawn's death has been announced on social media by Mueller High School, where he was a student. While the vehicle involved in the hidden runner early Sunday morning has been located and the driver identified, Coring police had not yet provided any more details. New numbers provided as an update was given about an ongoing bridge project.
Speaker 29: It's going to take over six million construction hours, at least seven hundred skilled tradesmen and more than sixty subcontractors to build. O Dott providing us with an update on the Brent Space Bridge Corridor project and plans for a new bridge over the Ohio River. Official groundbreaking will happen next year, within water construction to follow. Project manager Tommy odols as the project will be like nothing most of us in the Trice eight have ever seen before.
Speaker 30: There will be barge barges that bring materials in that help flift things up. There will be a lot of cranes added to our skyline here to build the project on both.
Speaker 2: Sides from start to finish.
Speaker 29: It'll take about three years to build a new bridge and another year or so to finish work on the eight miles of interstate approaching it and Brian Comebs News Radio sevendre WLW seven hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 19: Here's a Bengals update, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. The Bengals turned to their division rivals for a much needed quarterback, acquiring Joe Flacco into trade today with the Cleveland Browns. The Bengals also get a sixth round draft pick, while the Browns land a fifth round choice. Flacco joins the Bengals two days after head coach Zack Taylor was noncommittal on Jake Browning status as the starter. Sunday in Green Bay, throwing eight interceptions in three games after Joe Burrows tow no injury.
Speaker 3: Bill Edison seven outdred w WELW you sports.
Speaker 16: Final numbers on Wall Street today, the doll finishing down ninety two points, nastac dropping one hundred and fifty three in the SMP down twenty six points. Our next update is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Galviager News Radio seven hundred w welw.
Speaker 3: Eddy here for loan Proto. Are you trapped in a high rate mortgage? Hey, look stop right now at loan Proto. They are delivering the lowest mortgage rates in three years. Loan Proto's rate reduction Home loan program is a streamlined, low cost way to slash your house payments by hundreds of dollars a month, lock in at a fixed rate as low as four point nine nine percent APR, and close in as little as two weeks. No appraisal, need it in most cases, and you can skip your next two house payments entirely. Call five to one three eight hundred and fifteen fifty or visit loanproto dot com to lock in your new low rate and skip those next two page images. Call now five one three, eight hundred and fifteen fifty, or go to loan pronto dot com. Equal Housing Lender NMLS one sixty six one seventy one subject to lender approval NMLS Consumer Access dot org. Hey, it's Tony Pike here, new at Penn station.
Speaker 2: It's the Penn pair of combos for only seven ninety nine.
Speaker 24: Pair up a small fresh cut fry with your choice of a small chicken KARAOKEI chin't get them.
Speaker 3: Out five one, three, seven, four nine, seven, eight hundred the big one. Let's get right to it with the tim. Hey Tim, what's going on? Buddy? Thanks rolling?
Speaker 31: Hey, how you guys doing good? I'm gonna I got the the whack if I call it, we call them big bug or head bugs.
Speaker 34: But this one is.
Speaker 31: Called Timy tangaring down sport.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, do you remember? I remember that one sure when I was a kid.
Speaker 31: I mean we'll go back from like thirteen sixty Wsai you know, oh how I hate you up in the morning day.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's but I don't know if if our young friend over here rock with no time he came time, I kangaroo.
Speaker 2: That on looking it up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, you need to look that one up.
Speaker 2: No, I don't you hear that?
Speaker 31: Yeah, yeah, you need to hear that. You'll thank everybody over and over for it.
Speaker 3: And thanks Jim. Yeah, it was just kind of it was one of those novelty songs. It was like a grandma got run over that reindeer kind of thing. Well, it's all like, no, I'm a guy in road downs.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, by the way, as we talked to our guest earlier and said that, you know, music is hardwired to hit certain things in our biology that are universally appeasing. How what triggers does Grandma got run over by a reindeer? Which one does that hit?
Speaker 2: That song?
Speaker 3: It's awful. It's lovable because is awful. And there's certain things.
Speaker 1: You know, there's movies that are terrible, but you love them almost because they're terrible.
Speaker 3: Well, it's one of those things that your your mom thought when it came out, like because they would be.
Speaker 1: Oh, I remember my grandma the song my mom would be about as old as your grandma.
Speaker 3: And back in the day, my mom thought it was a knee slapper.
Speaker 2: Well, well, put to a knee slapper.
Speaker 1: That was That was peak humor in the late fifties early sixties.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to Russell in Kentucky. Hey, Russ, what's going on man? Yeah, Hey Russ, Well we got a real bad connection. Buddy called us back. Let's get to David and Shelbyville. Hey, Dave, what's going on?
Speaker 21: Mann?
Speaker 35: Connection is better than those two.
Speaker 3: We got it.
Speaker 35: It was probably late seventies, early eighties going to Cheese Island, when you would walk down the left side of the fountain going back towards the Eiffel Tower, they just had on repeat the song that I did not know. And we kept going back to Cheeze Island and it was always playing in that same area. And it was years later that I found out it was a song called saber Dance. And it's like, it's kind of like a song that somebody was spitting a plat on a stick. How if I do.
Speaker 11: Over and over?
Speaker 35: It would repeat in that area, and it haunted me for years. That song would just brought back into my business.
Speaker 3: That's and you know what, Dave, I've done the same thing. Sometimes if we're just hanging around the house I'll put on the on the sp from the music channel, and sometimes I just put on real low like classical music or something, and then I'll hear a song and I go I used to hear that on Bugs Bunny cartoons. I look at the name of it, ye right, yeah, things, Dave. Let's get to Kurt right quick, Hey, Kurt, what's going on in Madisonville?
Speaker 36: Hey? Hey, So, at one time got the song Holiday by the Scorpions stuck in my head for seventeen days straight.
Speaker 31: Wow, I thought I was gonna go insane.
Speaker 36: Wrove me nuts?
Speaker 3: It was there a reason for a Kurt? I mean, just just kind of came out of nowhere.
Speaker 36: Well, so back in the eighties, I was stationed over in Germany. I used to get a lot of concerts at these concert halls. Well, I saw a video where Scorpions did that song lives in the exact same venue that I used to uh.
Speaker 37: That I used to go to.
Speaker 36: Concert cat So I just had all these memories flogging back, and it just locked it in. I couldn't get it out.
Speaker 3: That's where And thanks buddy. That's kind of stuff that'll you get triggered.
Speaker 1: You get triggered, Yeah, and then you get to a point where you're like trying to get it out of your head, and then it just sticks in there. More's like if I can forget this, it's like, you know, don't think about a white elephant right now?
Speaker 3: Right in your mind just keeps repeating it. And let's talk to Jim and Emilia. Hey, Jim, what's going on?
Speaker 25: Hey guys, I would walk five dred miles and I would walk five dread moors.
Speaker 10: Remember that one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah, we're talking about the number one song, number one.
Speaker 3: Earworm was the number one at earwarm song, wasn't Oh I.
Speaker 9: Didn't know that.
Speaker 25: I'm sorry, all right, thanks guys, no problem.
Speaker 2: You nailed it.
Speaker 3: When I was when the boys were little and we'd be on a road trip, dead would drive and I would sit there and play music on the when you had the iPod. Yeah and uh, and that was every every time. And they're like whatever, six and eight or whatever. It'd be like, Dad, play the five hundred miles song. Here you go.
Speaker 2: Remember that music video?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was big in the wherever it was late nineties, early.
Speaker 3: Two thousands' do dorky looking dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Were they like twins or something?
Speaker 3: Then they were twins? Yeah, let's talk to do guys. Jason, Jason and Williamstown. What's going on? Jason?
Speaker 8: Hey, guys, So my sisters they were born in like late seventies and I was born in eighty five. They were like eight years older me. So they hit the crunch era right on bar and they could not stop listening to four non blondes. I said, what's going And I remember being a little kid just wanting to bash my head.
Speaker 25: And and then.
Speaker 8: About four years ago, that new Resident Evil movie came out and I was in the movie theater and our preview came on, and that was the song for the movie, twitching core memory unlocked a bad one by.
Speaker 3: Getting triggered.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, that that woman was Linda Perry. Yeah, she's got an unbelievable voice. It's amazing why she didn't make it. She's like a big time producer. I guess now, it's amazing why she didn't have more hit songs. I think her voice is incredible.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I was wondering that too, you know, talking about it.
Speaker 2: She can built it, man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was. There were a few of those women that could sing that you just never saw again. Yeah, you know what I mean. But she had a you're right, she had a great voice.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Lisa Loebe was one that disappe here that I never whatever happened to her, the one that did that, the cute girl with the classes.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it looks like kind of like the girl next door, but.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, yeah, like the cute hot girl. Nobody paid attention to in school and yeah, yeah, but uh yeah, she just kind of vanished song.
Speaker 2: What's the one of those things of song? Joey joey b mm hmmm. Anymore, let me look it up.
Speaker 3: I kind of sword. All right, you're gonna have to lead me a little far. Let's uh, let's take more of your calls after we take a break. Five one, three, seven, four nine seven eight hundred, the big one. But now with the traffic and weather, what is going on right.
Speaker 12: Well from the U S Health Traffic Center, Mammo gram Saved lives called five one three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual Mammo Graham with you see health sex per team five one three five eight four pink. Seventy five southbound here, nor would I roll? Still have the crash in the left lane. Police on the scene, and we've got the cleanup continuing southbound seventy five off ramp to seventy four. It's a crash on the exit ramp now and a breakdown of a semi seventy five northbound approaching Fifth Street in Kentucky. Now this heads the ways back to two seventy five. That's about a twenty five minutes slow down through the area. Seventy five southbound Western Avenue to the Brent Spencers stop and go. And we've also got delays on seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock about a ten minute drive, and seventy one at northbound Ridge to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway about a five minute trip. And seventy five slow southbound Ronald Riggan Highway to Norwood latt Over with the ongoing road work about a fifteen minute delay. I'm Rick Shrump News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather Center forwood and eyed clouds, maybe some on and off rain as part of that. The low of sixty four to for tomorrow morning showers in the high of seventy it is seventy nine. Who's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Is it true Tom Brenneman names his pants and his favorite is called Percy?
Speaker 2: That is not true.
Speaker 15: Is it true that as a child Tom Brenneman hit under the covers and listen to the radio and he's incredible hulk jammies.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of those yes and those sort of things.
Speaker 15: It's a true Tom Brenneman buses mons to start your day right. That's true and I'm proud of it. Join me for the latest news, traffic from Chuck Ingram, weather from Jennifer Ketchmark, plenty of laughs, and a whole lot more Tom Brenneman tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 24: This report is sponsored by One Hour Heating and air Conditioning School.
Speaker 1: Is back with that rock y'all wouldn't believe in our all fair conversation.
Speaker 2: He we'll do it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it has nothing to do with your work, talking about songs that get stuck in your head and uh, Mike, your first up, buddy, thanks for holding. What do you have?
Speaker 32: I've got a song we tried to play and I knew the class, and there was a piano and it was a beat so different that no one could actually play it.
Speaker 11: And it was our friend Elton with Ben in the Jets. It was like a stonpy beat continuously over and over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dunk dunk dun doune.
Speaker 2: Okay redone Jets.
Speaker 11: Yeah yeah yeah, so different from anything, and anyone who came into class tried to play it. We go home and sleep on it, come back try to play it again. It was just so different. We just couldn't get it out of our heads.
Speaker 1: No, and it's very catchy that that just that little riff there is super catch You can't help but like kind of nod your head to it, right.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of like we done then, it's like we will rock you, right. You know how basic is that? Yeah, let's talk to Steve A Steve, what's going on, Bud?
Speaker 38: Hey, how you fellows doing today?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 38: Hey, I'm going way back on this one. But at least every other month this gets in my head. I can't get rid of it. And it's been from one of the album projects, Eddie, if you remember this one, And in fact, it's been in my head.
Speaker 36: The whole time I've been on hold now.
Speaker 38: Uh Bust full of Nuns and they go over the cliff and.
Speaker 3: You're going to say that as a matter of fact, you said album project.
Speaker 38: Dude, they go over the cliff and it starts over again. And at least every other month, what are we talking fifty years? That has been in my head at least every other month.
Speaker 2: I drive wow, fifty.
Speaker 38: Oh my god, it's going through my head right now, because they do busfulling nuns three times they go over the cliff and then it starts again.
Speaker 3: Wow, you never buffling on? I don't think I have you look it up all right? After a last collar? Thanks man, Steve. Yeah, it's uh the album. Do you remember the album projects that we used to be Every year EBM would put on an album when it was all local bands. Okay, just give them exposure and stuff nice. And that was a local guy who put that together. But it was like when it was a basic keyboard, you know, the electronic keyboard thing like there was right, yes, very basic devo if you could imagine that there was a buzz full of nun holding babies, a buzz full of non holding babies and that's basically and then there's a little story that goes with it. Check it out, Check it out again. But I'm afraid too. That's doctor Jerry and Mercer County. Hey Jerry, what's going on, bud Andy?
Speaker 7: That doctor was talking about the advertisements and the Reds on the radio.
Speaker 36: That's one. I guess me.
Speaker 3: The Reds are on the radio that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I gotta I got something to help Joe Burrow to get better, faster, heal up faster.
Speaker 6: If you want to.
Speaker 2: Hear it, please do do it. Okay.
Speaker 7: I have a friend, a business friend that had the proty cancer.
Speaker 5: When they took took.
Speaker 7: It out, he had the surgery. I was listening to you and Rocky. Uh, when Joe Burrow got hurt that the Rocky said the blood flow don't go down to his big toe. And my business friend had that surgery and they put him on viagra to help the blood flow down there. So they put Joe Burrow on viagra. That might help the blood flow to his home and get him back a month early.
Speaker 2: I help help him more ways than one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, seeing some of the company he keeps, I don't think he needs it. Yes, apparently, Uh, none of my business. I'd be young to be young again. Let's talk to Rob. Hey, Rob, what's going on? Bud talking about earworms?
Speaker 36: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Rob, it's just me okay, Yeah, that's a little jingle you mind.
Speaker 35: Now.
Speaker 5: Every time I started to hear it, I'd have to turn it off. God bless the children, But it's one eight seven seven cars kids, yep. And then they stepped it up a notch and they just got the nature called day. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess that's for the young.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a great jingle to have, but I had to.
Speaker 5: Turn it off every time it came on. He got stuck in my head all day long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thanks Rob, And that's that's true. What I like that? That and the four four four four? But then what that one? Yeah that's still on. That's still on, mas Lily.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 3: Let's talk to We got time for another one or two? Hey, Jeff and Norwood, what's going on, Bud?
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: Tell us?
Speaker 39: So we're talking just jingles or home or songs that are stuck in our head.
Speaker 3: Songs, jingles, things were movies, whatever you have.
Speaker 2: Earworms, things, strongs are getting stuck in your head. Yeah, let me tell you.
Speaker 25: Something, man.
Speaker 39: And my wife thinks I need to see someone about Baker Street Jerry Raffery Baker Street, right.
Speaker 25: Yeah, that saxophone.
Speaker 3: Yep, dude, let me tell you something.
Speaker 9: And this is what I need to see some money.
Speaker 39: Every single day of my life. For probably the last fifteen years, that tune has entered my head.
Speaker 6: It's crazy, man.
Speaker 25: And I just made a Facebook post a few weeks.
Speaker 39: Ago out to Kruger and High Park and there was a dude playing.
Speaker 25: A saxophone and I'm sitting to watching Red Game drinking.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know what I'm a number like and I did. For the longest.
Speaker 25: I didn't know the name of the song, and I couldn't think of it that night, and I hummed it to him and he was like, oh.
Speaker 38: Yeah's Packer Street and he kicked up the sact.
Speaker 6: Started playing it.
Speaker 39: And I did a Facebook live video and my wife and all my friends who know that this happens to.
Speaker 2: Me, just lost it said every day of your life for how long, dude?
Speaker 35: Let me tell you something.
Speaker 9: For the last fifteen years.
Speaker 2: I bet it enters my head.
Speaker 11: I'm not even lying.
Speaker 25: Wow.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 38: The worst part was the worst part is for probably ten.
Speaker 6: Years, no one knew what I was talking about. I'm like, dude, are you kidding me?
Speaker 31: And I would and I would do that, I hum it, I know it tune.
Speaker 25: Well, and no one would ever get it.
Speaker 40: Man.
Speaker 25: And this guy was working for me.
Speaker 38: He's like, oh, that's Bigger Street and I'm like, okay.
Speaker 25: So then I couldn't remember it.
Speaker 2: When that guy was.
Speaker 39: Playing Sacon Carder and he picked right up on it and he played it phenomenally man, and people.
Speaker 31: Just went mad and I went live with Facebook.
Speaker 2: They knew that I go through that.
Speaker 1: An interesting factory about that song, if I'm not mistaken, is when they were recorded that song, they originally meant for that part to be a guitar, but they didn't have like a guitar player there, so they're like, Okay, the saxophone, just just use that to fill it in and then we'll come back later and redouble it with a guitar. And then the saxophone sounded so good they kept it. There's your interesting factory to the day.
Speaker 3: I can relate to what he's talking about. And when that song was out, I got stuck. I got sacks. You couldn't get that saxophone thing out of your head. But then they started they were using it like you know, bumper music and sporting events. You'd be watching like a Reds game and they're going to commercials and be.
Speaker 1: Like like like Russe Limbaugh used to bump in and at us with stuff with that.
Speaker 3: If I'm not mistake, coming up, we got our good friend Jen Styers. Oh yeah, talking about shreking in the dating world. We'll discuss what that is. But right now. We've got the news News Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 15: W l W News Traffic and weather. News Radio seven hundred at w l W Cincinnati.
Speaker 17: Bringing in Flacco for Burrow with the five o'clock report.
Speaker 2: I'm Jack Crumley breaking now.
Speaker 7: Back.
Speaker 2: In August, Brown's.
Speaker 17: Quarterback Joe Flacco said he wasn't worried about being benched, as he became the second oldest starting quarterback in the NFL.
Speaker 3: It's not really my job to look at it in that way.
Speaker 19: It's just to kind of go out there and play my game, kind of like I've been doing, you know, all training camp, and not worrying about, you know, all that stuff, just going out there and playing my game and being the best I can.
Speaker 17: Flacco was benched by the Browns after Week four. He did not play this past week in London, and now the twenty twelve Super Bowl MVP is going to be under center here in Cincinnati. Announcing a trade today, a rare trade between division rivals Cleveland, giving up Joe Flacco and a sixth round draft pick. Cincinnati is sending a fifth round pick to Cleveland in exchange.
Speaker 2: It's been a rough.
Speaker 17: Day on the roads ever since this morning rain moving through causing lots of problems on the highways. Let's check the latest traffic and weather together Health Traffic Center Mammograms Save Lives. Call five win three five eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with East Health Expert Team five one three five eight four pink. And we have the heavier traffic on seventy five north southbound near Norwid Lateral as the accident takes up the left lane. It's two separate accidents here. Police still on the scene. Seventy five southbound the offering up to seventy four crash on that exit ramp and a breakdown of a semi northbound seventy five approaching Fifth Street in Kentucky has a twenty five minute delay back to two seventy five in Kentucky, seventy five Southwestern Avenue to the Brens Spence Stop and Go seventy one northbound Ridge Torontald Reagan Cross County Highway, about a nine minute drive, ten minute trip seventy five northbound Mitchell to Paddock, and a fifteen minute delay on southbound seventy five Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral through the boad of work delays. The Shepherd My Bricks REMP news Radio seven hundred Double D will double D. Also looks like we have another crash eastbound two seventy five. I've on the Coney Bridge that's backing things up into the four seventy one interchange. Also another wreck reported westbound two seventy five, well before the Coney Bridge, causing some slow traffic on that exit around five mile Road in the exit to Kellogg.
Speaker 27: Now the latest forecast from the No Fear Dentist Weather Center Advanced Dentistry. The thought of the dentist making you a nervous wreck, We're here for you, No Fear Dentist dot Com.
Speaker 28: Tonight at showers early, then just clouds, a morning low of fifty three. Now for our Wednesday, a few clouds early, then mostly sunny, high of just sixty eight at night, clear and much cooler, a low down to forty three. From your severe Weather station, I'm nine First Warning Chief Meteorologist Steve Rowley News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 17: Radar show is still scattered showers in the tri States seventy one degrees right now. President Trump has said there is a possibility that he could invoke the Insurrection Act if courts won't let him deploy National Guard troops to some of American cities. A federal judge appointed by Trump in his first term has blocked the deployment to Portland, Oregon. At the White House today, the President repeated his claims that Chicago and other cities are overrun with crime.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been invoked before.
Speaker 13: As you know, if you look at Chicago, Chicago's a great city where there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of crime. And if the governor can't do the job, we'll do the job.
Speaker 9: It's a very simple.
Speaker 17: The governor of Illinois is suing to block a deployment to Chicago. Meantime, in Portland.
Speaker 14: You have President Trump claiming that demonstrators and protesters, violent criminals in his word, are burning down the city, whereas the police chief and local officials are saying that the demonstrations here are happening really on a single block of a one hundred and forty five square mile city.
Speaker 2: That is ABC's Trevor Ault Cole.
Speaker 17: Raine police have said they found the vehicle that allegedly struck fifteen year old Dylan Strawn as he was riding his bike over the weekend. Moeller High School today announced that the sophomore student has died from his injuries in that crash. The Strawn family has a go Fundme page, and ODOT gave Cincinnati City Council an update today on plans for the Brent Spence Corridor project. A formal groundbreaking will happen next year. The new bridge for I seventy five traffic should be done in the year twenty twenty nine. On Wall Street today, the Dow ending down ninety two points, NASDAK down one thirty eight, The s and P off by twenty six seven one hundred WLW Sport.
Speaker 19: It's a Bengals update, brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town, thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky. The Bengals turned to their division rivals for a much needed quarterback, acquiring Joe Flacco into trade today with the Cleveland Browns. The Bengals also get a sixth round draft pick, while the Browns land a fifth round choice. Flacco joins the Bengals two days after head coach Zack Taylor was noncommittal on Jake Browning status as the starter Sunday in Green Bay, throwing eight interceptions in three games after Joe Burrows toe injury, Bill Dennison seven underd WLW Sports.
Speaker 17: I'm Jack Crumley, Our next update at five thirty and Breaking News anytime News seven hundred double all double.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by Expresspros dot com.
Speaker 17: Exhausted with applying for jobs online and never hearing back with Express employment professionals, experts in your community are dedicated.
Speaker 3: Well, there's always a it seems with the with our good friends the gen Zers, there's always a new trend and in this case, it's a new trend in uh, you know what. I don't know if it's new or not, but it's fine. It's got a name.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, it's been kind of refurbished in being used now with a catchy name.
Speaker 3: It's called Shreking. And here to discuss what shreking is is our good friend, our relationship expert, longtime matchmaker nowhere of all things love and relationships. Yes, our good friend Jennifer Styars, Jen, how are you?
Speaker 37: I'm good?
Speaker 4: I love that intro? Can we keep going?
Speaker 37: Who can I be?
Speaker 3: Who You're you're shreking you right now?
Speaker 7: Jen?
Speaker 3: I can tell I'm an older gentleman and you're just flirting with me.
Speaker 37: Well, you know, it's funny, this is hilarious to watch that they've really like named the Shrekking because you know, they want of the statistics in the article that said, hey, these young girls are doing it. You know, they're they're dating outside of their age range because they don't want to be ghosted or whatever. But they just pulled statistics from bumble and I'm like, no, the women that are dating outside of their age range are called gold diggers. And there's that.
Speaker 2: I was, Jenna, that's exactly what I thought.
Speaker 1: And I'm you know, younger women are dating older men because they're established and have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not new.
Speaker 37: Yeah, yeah, that's that.
Speaker 6: That is true.
Speaker 37: You know, I I know what they're talking about here, but they've named Shreking and you know everybody's doing it. Like you guys said, it's just one of those things where you know, you you go, you get, you go for the pretty wines, you go for the ones you're attracted to, You get burned and burned and burned.
Speaker 6: You know at some.
Speaker 37: Point you're going to go you know what, these people aren't treating me, Well, I'm going to go for that ugly guy. Or that ugly girl and see if they treat me any better. And you know, people are people who they are, it's who they are inside. So you can't just ensure because somebody doesn't look good on the outside that they're good on the inside.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's let's we'll explain. But just you kind of sumed it up there. But to put it into you know, a short phrase is that tricking is essentially you're going out with somebody who is not who you think is not as attractive as you because you want to feel better about yourself.
Speaker 37: The internetshell in a nutshell and you think that they're going to treat you better. Yeah, yeah, I mean I think you guys haven't dated for a long time, and which is great, lucky you. But you know, the dating pool out there, especially for these online daters, I mean they think that doing something out of the norm, like going out of their age ranger, going for somebody ugly, it's going to help. You know, the dating pool is just horrible on those apps. That's bottom line, that's that is what it is. So it doesn't matter how ugly you go, that's your own problem, right.
Speaker 31: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think on another time we talked Jen, I was talking about a similar but I don't think the same situation about a buddy I have and we all have that friend that has just gotten older and older and older and never gets married because they shoot too high.
Speaker 36: You know.
Speaker 1: I got a very successful, uh you know friend, and you know, and he's becoming, you know, getting to be an older guy, and you know he's not gonna win a beauty contest, right, but he keeps like going after these like these girls that look like the tens and the twelves, and it's like, God, just just find someone that's that you like, you get along with, that doesn't look like Ah, don't have to look like a runway model. At the end of the day, Jen, it's all about trying to find someone to share a life with and possibly have kids with and have a family.
Speaker 2: That that's what it's all about.
Speaker 37: One hundred percent. And you know, for people that have been and married before and a relate a long term relationship like that, they understand that. You know, it's it is about compatibility. If you you could be with the best person and the whole the best looking person in the.
Speaker 4: Whole world, but at the end of the day.
Speaker 37: You don't have similar values, your lifestyles are different. You don't like doing the same things you you know, you you're not passionate about the same stuff. It's not going to work long term. So the people that have been in relationships kind of know that. And and I personally see as people get older, men and women, uh, even men that are you know, very physical, uh, and they tend to go outside of their type a little bit. They're like, Okay, well, she may have an extra few pounds that I'm not used to having, but so do you. But U or they're not as pretty or handsome, but I'm going to go out with them anyway, because I understand that you need to get you need to get to know the person. But I think that comes from years of experience of being with the wrong people. So yeah, especially in a living situation.
Speaker 3: Jen Steyer is our guest, and you know, we're talking about the gold digger thing and stuff, and I think it's two different things here. Older guys go out with a younger woman because it makes them feel good about themselves being virile. And I still got it.
Speaker 1: And the same reason you buy a ferrari not because you want a Frari, it's just because the other guy can't get one.
Speaker 3: Correct, and the girl goes out with you because, like we said, you got money, Andrew Stable, you got a good job. You know why climb around with some guy who's going to, hey, let's go to the park again. And this guy's going to take out to a nice dinner and you know whatever.
Speaker 37: It's one hundred percent, you know. The The thing is is the men get.
Speaker 6: Do get sick of that.
Speaker 37: The older men that get that have the younger women because maybe they have money and things that they want, or they're willing to give them whatever they have. But pretty soon they get sick of being used. And so you do see them they come around. I'll tell women in their fifties, I'm like, well, they're just at that age, and you know they're gonna, they're gonna if they're messing around there, they'll mess around a little while. So they realize that they're being used and that doesn't feel good and now their self has seemed stuff suffering, and then they flip back around and date their age. But it takes a little while sometimes, but but it is. It is really about compatibility. I mean, we we need to get back to finding commonalities. Values are the driving force in every relationship. They're either going to make you or break you apart.
Speaker 1: Well, what have you found jen in terms of like dating of younger people like are do you find a lot more more now so than earlier or than before of younger women dating older men or or is it the same as it's been for the last years.
Speaker 37: Uh, it's it's increases. I think every year. I think it gets more and more. You know, these younger women, one of the trends that you're seeing right now is they're unapologetically telling men I don't date to this is what comes you know, with the package. You know, you take me out to night's dinners. This is the minimum amount, you know, the five star restaurants. The minimum. Oh I I guys, I need to send you some stuff over you'll die, but that but that's the norm. They're not afraid to tell these men like I, I also need a monthly allowance. I you know, this is this is my expectation. So we're really moving into arrangements, you know, which is in my you know, let's just call it prostitution, right, but it's arrangements, and that's that is not what anybody wants or needs so now let me let me save face here. I think the younger generation, we are seeing the gen Z men going more relational sou so they're they're definitely trending toward relationships, thinking about marriage again, even even though they weren't before. So we are seeing some good trends amongst the boys. Now we just got to get the girls in line. I'm not sure how.
Speaker 1: I've also heard jen that like one of the reasons women are going for older men is because, you know, let's take my parents generation. It was it was more easily affordable to have, you know, a house and a car and and all that sort of thing. People want to have that kind of life. But it's I mean, look that this world's expensive now. So for a girl in her you know late you know, like early twenties, let's say at that point, a man for the most part, doesn't have the kind of income that you can get out you can buy a house and do all those things where you used to be able to do that decades ago. So now that woman's saying, I mean, I got to kind of slug it out here with tim who's it's going to be a long time before we can do all that when I want the family, I want the house, I want all the stuff now, so I'm going to go to the older man.
Speaker 2: Is that is that? Am I reading that right?
Speaker 37: You're one hundred percent reading it right? And what's going to happen to these girls? So then they get these relationships with these older guys because they want the lifestyle they don't. They want the house, they want the clothes, they want the things that they've been you know, maybe their parents have provided for them. And then what happens though, is they start cycling through these older men for various reasons. And there's many reasons. Uh, And then they cycle through these men and then they get older. So then they get in their thirties and they're like, oh my god, I want to have kids. And now they're at a really rough age where men that would normally be okay, you know, at a good age for them. They can these thirty five, thirty six, thirty seven year old guys can get a twenty one year old girl, you know. So now these women are stuck going, oh, am I going to have to get artificially inseminated, And I'm telling you they're doing it so I can have a baby by myself. It's crazy. What's it's crazy, what's happening? It's just crazy. So they wake up in their late thirties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So on the other end of the spectrum, we keep talking about younger you know, younger women going out with older guys. What about these ladies who were talking about here, who by choice or they get into their forties and some they get divorced and the guy that leaves them for some you know, twenty six year old hotty. Are they going for younger guys or are they just you know, hey, look there, they've just they've aged out of that or is that how they roll too?
Speaker 37: No, they've aged out of that.
Speaker 4: You know, once somebody has.
Speaker 37: Been married already and they've gotten kind of a baseline of relationship and what worked and what didn't work. They're they're they're tending to look for normalcy, so they know a little bit more about what they want. They're probably the most balanced age group out there. I think, you know, the fifty year old to get divorced or like, oh my god, panicking because they're in their fifties and divorce, which there's no reason too, because there's a lot of people in that age group divorce. But uh, but yeah, that's a that's just a really balanced age group. When they get divorced and they're looking for the right thing, they're looking for love.
Speaker 5: So thanks.
Speaker 3: Rock and I were talking about our our dating days and back in back in the day, and we were talking about this very this very thing, and I said, when when I was dating an eight to me was a six who put out. So I'll change your perspective, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: That's so funny.
Speaker 37: I think that's every I'll be honest, I think that's any guy, right.
Speaker 3: So, Jen, people want to find out more of about you and what it is you do and how they can hook up with the dream lover. How can they do?
Speaker 6: Oh, you're so cute.
Speaker 37: My website your dream lover love Jen dot com, l b j N dot com.
Speaker 3: All right, great, well, Jan, you're the best. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 37: Are I know? I enjoy you guys. Have an amazing day.
Speaker 3: Our invitation to come on your podcast? Ye do it?
Speaker 37: I think I think that. I think the station's built, so we should. We should be up and going in a few weeks, I hope.
Speaker 22: So, yep, we will be tens' ready go get ready, knock it out first.
Speaker 40: I know I'm ready, all right, Jen, Thanks so much, Thanks.
Speaker 3: Jennifer stars look her up and you know it's true. Wow, the when I was dating, I never had any motive other than I thought she was attractive. I never, I don't. I never went for a woman because he had money or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well there's there's there's women you would date and women you would consider marian though, And.
Speaker 3: That's a fact. That's a fact. That's the reason I'm married to my wife. There were there were there were others and uh and it was like, you know.
Speaker 2: You couldn't see him as the mother of your kids. Correct that that applies to me.
Speaker 3: And let's see. There you go. We we chose wisely there, grasshopper. But I just at this, at this age, I'm over it. If Dev would tell me, if I go home tonight and Dev goes, I'm out, I'd be like, see you and I'll just live. I'll just live by myself and my ass.
Speaker 1: He'd be back out there. You'd be hitting the weights, you're getting getting, you know, getting.
Speaker 3: All me soul in for a couple of go on about at least you would see me for a little bit and then all of a sudden, I would be hitting the wait and I would have me a twenty five year old girlfriend. I would be a check. Honestly, damn tutin with that. We check it with a traffic and weather. What's going on?
Speaker 12: Eddie Belichick from the from the UC Health Traffic Center Mammogram Civil Lives called five one three, five to eight four pink. Schedule your annual mammogram with the EC Health Expert Team five one three, five to eight four pink. Seventy five southbound the ramp to seventy four. We have the accident here and it's on the right side of that ramp being cleaned up. Left lane taken up on seventy five southbound between Mitchell and seventy four now to seventy five east pot at the Combs Hill Bridge. Looks like we've got to two lanes block still with an accident delays back to Alexandria Pike and that is in the construction zone on the bridge, so watch for the delays and the two lanes taken up with the breakdown of a semi seventy five northbound approaching Fifth Street, and we have Westwood Northern Boulevard at Hopple with a crash my brick shrine for do your radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 3: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center forwood denied clouds, maybe some on and off rain as part of that. The low of sixty four for tomorrow morning showers in the high of seventy. It is seventy now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 23: Some say America's best days are behind her. Some say our nation has lost its way. Some say the USA USA is over. You'll never hear me, Bill cunning endigrant American.
Speaker 2: Say any of that.
Speaker 23: Ignore the naysayers and join me as I make my stand for hope, healing and happiness.
Speaker 27: And Bill Cunningham like the way tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 15: Tying for some positive visualization picture this.
Speaker 3: All right back with Eddie and Rocky a little while longer. But before we get out here, we talked to our good buddy Alex Stone from EBC. Now, Alex haven't seen exact numbers on this and stuff, but man, apparently the air traffic console control situation like late yesterday and the day have been an absolute mess in this country.
Speaker 34: Yeah, it's a linked to the government shutdown. This happened a lot quicker than was expected in the last big shutdown. It took like thirty four days before we got to this point of controllers not getting paid and they begin calling in sick for work because they're not getting paid. That's actually what ended the shutdown in twenty nineteen, twenty eighteen, twenty nineteen when New York and Florida air traffic was impacted when the controllers were calling out sick, and President Trump at that time ordered Republicans to make a deal and it ended the thing, and the controllers were given credit for putting it end to it. But disco around, Transportation Secretary Duffy is saying, yeah, the sick calls are coming in even though air traffic controllers are ordered to work. That if they don't know when they're going to get a full paycheck, that if it's about paying the mortgage or paying for childcare, paying for gas, that if they can't pay that they're calling out sick. And he says, yeah, that's beginning.
Speaker 3: We're tracking sick leave.
Speaker 11: And have we had a flight pick up in sit.
Speaker 34: Cals, Yes, And then you'll see delays that come from that. And so today the FAA is saying it does not have enough air traffic controllers for the towers in Chicago and in Nashville, and the center's handling regions in Las Vegas, Houston, and Boston, and arrivals and departures in Newark, New Jersey. So this afternoon and this evening could be rough. Last night, centers in Denver, Phoenix, and Indianapolis had shortages and there were no controllers at all in the traffic air traffic Control tower in Burbank. And that is it's a busy airport. They have non stop, you know, back to back Southwest flights that go all the time, United Delta, American Frontier and other airline. So from about four fifteen until ten pm last night, the tower was closed and as it was closing, they were giving their last clearances, and there was confusion over if they were going to be open the airport, what they were going to do. It sounded like this on a crom that controller tried to get as many in before he had to shut down the tower, and then they.
Speaker 3: Closed colored curnty cup on them.
Speaker 34: So then they shut down the tower and air traffic controllers one hundred and fifty miles away in San Diego. They gave takeoff and landing clearances, but otherwise pilots were on their own, and it was like Sessna going into a tiny airport in the middle of nowhere where they had to announce their intentions and their location and when they exited the runway to tell other airplanes around them okay, it's clear, now you go, and they had to announce, you know, essentially, watch out, I'm taking off. Everybody, stay away from me, you know, like you don't typically hear it a commercial airport. This Southwest flight taken.
Speaker 22: Off the Southwest eight runway, one private burbank, so.
Speaker 34: That pretty much was telling all the other airplanes in the area stay away. I'm rolling down the runway, which passengers is pretty busy. Airport passengers were not thrilled about.
Speaker 37: It looks scary to think about it that way, because you'd like to have somebody local that can see what's going on visually.
Speaker 34: Right right, I'm going to run. But that's what they had to do last night, and we're going to see tonight in Chicago and Nashville and elsewhere as they're having the staffing problems, and the way Sean Duffy and the controllers have put it is that staffing has been so tight already. You know, we've done so many stories about Newark and their problems and elsewhere that you get one or two people, especially in towers where not a lot of people are working, like say in Burbank, where they either can't come in or you know, decide that they're not coming in and that it can really go downhill at that point and everything kind of falls apart. But last night it was kind of every pilot for themselves announcing what they were going to do in Burbank because the tower was completely shut down.
Speaker 1: No, well, just in terms of the government shut down in general, Alex are government employees paid on the first and the fifteenth?
Speaker 36: Is that?
Speaker 34: I actually, yeah, it changes, it's it's around there, but they've got different payment dates. I believe like next Tuesday is when money would go in, and there's gonna be a little bit from before the shutdown, so they will get a tiny paycheck. It won't be completely nothing, but then after that until there's a deal, it'll be nothing. But it's typically around the first and the fifteenth. I think some are getting sixteenth, but when it actually goes into their their accounts usually it's a couple of days after that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And the reason I ask it's the seventh. You just wonder if something gets done between you know, the here today, the seventh and the fifteenth, you know, I mean, in theory, then no payments should be missed and everything everyone should be able to get along. And I'm obviously that would include a deal getting done in that amount of time though.
Speaker 34: Yeah, well, and then you've got the like you know, direct deposit in the time that it takes. You know, just think of a company when they make changes to something that it takes a while to get the ball rolling no matter what. Now, there's a good chance the next paycheck would be messed up in some way, but they would very quickly get the money. After that, they will win, there is a deal. They will get paid back for all of this. But TSA officers, who we know just based on history, will begin calling in sick at some point here pretty soon, and air traffic control that they don't get paid. Members of Congress get paid, but the controllers and the TSA officers do not until there is a deal, but they are mandated to work. But yeah, not as much in the air traffic controllers, but for TSA officers who are making in some cases less than they could if they go and work at fast food that it's hard to convince them that they're mandated to come in. But if they can't pay for childcare their mortgage, to make them come in based on what they get paid.
Speaker 1: Well, there would be an easy way to end government shutdowns forever, and that would be to also dock the representatives, the senators and congressman. If you stop their payments, there would never be another government shutdown.
Speaker 34: In his acts, Yeah, I think it would go a lot quicker at that point. I think that there are many who are saying, you know what, and while you're at it, make the air traffic controllers and the TSA officers exempt and you know, kind of like Congress, make sure that they get paid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that would does make extreme sense to me, But they're the ones that passed the laws, so right, same reason why everyone runs. Every politician has always run on term limits because it makes the most sense.
Speaker 2: But then once you get in there, they oh, I forgot about that one. I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's not a bub I didn't know about the free money for the rest of my life.
Speaker 1: I didn't know about all the perks and the benefits when.
Speaker 34: Where they're like ninety five and barely awake in the halls of Congress. Yeah, uh, you know we've seen it time and again.
Speaker 3: All right with that, Alex Stone, we will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much, you got it. Thank you our good friend to Alex Stone. And that's true.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like those guys, you're what who doesn't want that gig?
Speaker 2: Right? I just wish there was some actual pressure. And I think if enough people got behind it.
Speaker 1: Like every every constituent that one of those folks represented would be for it, and whether they wouldn't like it, they would face the hell and the wrath of their constituents. So therefore they would have to vote for something they don't like. Well, sure they'd have a million reasons. And I said, oh, we can't because of bull crap.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think that's good. I think that's kind of come into a head too. As much as we all talk about how, you know, the evils of social media and stuff, it also people start talking about stuff like this and like, wait a minute, how come those guys aren't getting paid, but you guys are getting paid. We're not doing anything, literally doing nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it would it would stop, It would stop the politics and all that, because the end of the day, folks want their like everybody, everybody wants their paycheck.
Speaker 2: If you're putting the work in.
Speaker 3: Well yeah. And that's what gets me though, is they act like, well, you guys should be working. Yeah, I mean you imply. It seems they're essentially saying what you guys do is important, so you should be working even though we're not doing anything, but we're getting paid, so.
Speaker 2: Don't even think about it exactly.
Speaker 3: Look over there, oh man, Well the beat goes on. And with that thought, mind we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on.