Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio Whip. It's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 2: No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 3: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros In Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros papada Gas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The petros In Money Show. Critics and creat diggers.
Speaker 4: Call me you Petrosen Money A five seventy LA sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. A full four hour show is upcoming live not only here on the a M banned terrestrially, but many of you probably listening to the show alive via stream on the iHeartRadio app. You can do that anywhere in the world the world all you need, well, I don't know, maybe some spots would would restrict access to the iHeart What are you wrestling with? Oppressive regimes? Might restrict access to the like if you're set up in North Korea, if you're in Pyongyang and you're like, hey, I'm gonna bang me up.
Speaker 2: Most people can access the show with very little exception most that's all. I can't say all I can't say anywhere in the world. You could really actually say whatever you want. I could most things we say or not. You could say access all over the world, all over Nobody's gonna come and be like, hey, it doesn't work on Everest. You know, I was there. No one's gonna do that. You don't have to. You don't have to go through the emotional gymnastics of trying to be yeah, it's okay.
Speaker 4: The greater point is you're going to the show on your phone.
Speaker 5: Well wait, a second, scam wasn't on the.
Speaker 4: App that was it was on the Clippers app.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean yeah, but it wasn't on Ample.
Speaker 2: And then you started podcasting, and then it was on YouTube and it had a huge social media takeover sax and Kate's and the AM while the Dodgers were winning the World Series in back to back fashion. And before we go.
Speaker 4: Any further expertly navigated by us, by the way, excuse me. We held off. We were able to fend off the attack. We had the high ground and the we need to put your show on YouTube every day. Attack was coming and we were able to outflank it and defeat it for the time being.
Speaker 2: It was great battle and sacks they had a great time, and they did the breaks in YouTube too, and they just kept working throughout.
Speaker 5: No, wait a second, Matt, you may have won the battle.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's what I just said. We won the battle, but you did not win the war well yet right now, which I'm settling for the battle.
Speaker 6: Right now, they are just hanging out and regrouping and getting.
Speaker 2: More troops up on the fifth floor. So a very exciting time to be a Dodger fan. And I'm not talking about David Vasse's forty minute Bryan Cranston ideas about the hot Stove interview last.
Speaker 4: Night from London. Yes, incredible.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about Edwin Diaz of Timmy Trumpet fame. You see him there on your screen, the guy that blew out his knees celebrating with his World Baseball Classic team.
Speaker 4: It was worth it.
Speaker 2: We will talk to David Vassy regarding this gigantic moment three years, sixty million dollar deal, sixty nine million dollars. David Vassa will join us in our third hour and then he will have Dodger Talk at seven o'clock. Is this the same as signing Tim Kates? Is this the same as signing Tanner Scott or Kirmie Yates?
Speaker 6: I mean this is bigger. You signed Scott and Yates to do left side right side comments was like a nothing sort of well we brought him up. This big Scott was a big one last year, Lebert Harris. Scott's still a rapp for three more years. Yeah, yeah, Well, I'm not trying to disparaging. I'm just saying, but.
Speaker 2: This they we had reliever signings last year that we made a big deal about. This is a bigger deal than those reliever signings. That's all I'm That's all I'm asking.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, what song does Tanner Scott come out of the bullpen too? I assume he just.
Speaker 2: Shu get the clowns Judy Dench.
Speaker 4: I assume he just got rid of it halfway through the season after it was going horribly wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure what it is, but we know that Timmy Trumpet is the one for Eddie Diaz, who was reportedly not respected enough by the Mets. We'll talk to David Massey about that as the day goes on. We have a lot of content, Matt obviously coming off the big Charger win last night on kf I on the radio and the Charger Radio Network, the Chargers win in overtime. Dog. The reason I believe that we are late coming on today for our four hour show is that it's lit on the Rogan and Rodney Show.
Speaker 4: It's been a while since they did it's lit. I wouldn't know that's true. I wouldn't either. I'm just saying that because I don't.
Speaker 2: You're just saying it.
Speaker 4: We have not said the two words it's lit in at least a year.
Speaker 2: Well, I asked, because when I came in, I saw Kevin Figures still there and I said, what are you still doing here? You usually on the freeway at this.
Speaker 4: Point podcast is posted and you're gone.
Speaker 2: And he said, you're right. First of all, the podcast equipment is going a little slow right now. Second of all, his exact words, it's lit went wrong? Are long not wrong? And I said, what happened? And it's lit? And he said, Rodney and Fred were talking about Justin Herbert and the Laura Rutledge is that the name of the sideline.
Speaker 4: Person who needed the postgame interview.
Speaker 2: Who had to do the postgame interview with him? And Rodney was not disparaging Justin Herbert, but Rodney, a former NFL starting quarterback, does know the protocol better than any of us, and he was less than complimentary about the way Justin Herbert handled that. Well, he's a radio personality.
Speaker 4: I think he's.
Speaker 2: I think that Justin could do a better job at that stuff as well. But I also covered the guy when he was in college and obviously a little biased because Matt's the voice of the Bolts. But yeah, we can listen to it whatever I'm trying to sell game, No.
Speaker 7: I know, but we just talk early best. What was it like to watch the interception there that stealed this game for you guys to get this wins.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the defense played incredible. You know, they came up with so many big stops. Says so so proud to be able to play for those guys, and the way they could be down.
Speaker 5: And down out is really fun to watch.
Speaker 7: You know, you were dealing with the bro in hand tonight.
Speaker 2: You gotted it out. You were hit multiple times. How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 5: Be pretty good?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 7: And then what can you say about the way that this team was able to pull this off in overtime? You guys know how important this game was and how good the opponent.
Speaker 2: Was on the other side.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, the way we drew it up.
Speaker 8: But the battling these guys, you know, it's it's so much fun and I'm so honored to be a part.
Speaker 5: Of this team.
Speaker 8: And they never twit and you know, it's just fun to be a part of. And we'll watch the film and have to get better out of it.
Speaker 2: Here's the man, you too, all right, that wasn't that bad. I appreciate the job that she did. I think that she did an incredible job because doing that job, especially on television, when the producer says, go get Justin Herbert. Your job is to go get Justin Herbert. And if you don't get Justin Herbert, that's on you. I mean, you got it. They're turning that camera on and you got to get him. So she did a great job and powering grow and that's not easy to do. I mean I used to despise Bill Snyder. Not in real life. I thought he was a great coach and loved him and all that, But he would always try to run away from the sideline person, and if it was some sideline woman or something, he would But I weighed about one hundred more pounds in him, and I grabbed the back of his belt and hold him like that, and he'd look over at me like, oh, man, like yeah, you're not running away. I'm going to release you like a fish back into the stream when I'm done with these questions, because it is my job to interview you.
Speaker 4: At a quarterback win. It's time.
Speaker 2: It is your job now to be fair. And you probably know him better because of the traveling and calling games for the team and all that. But I don't see Justin Herbert as disingenuous or being an a hole. I think he's literally just an introvert that's really uncomfortable doing media stuff. Yes, and if he was more comfortable doing media stuff, be a rock star in this town. And perhaps he's doing himself a disservice, but it's his own choice. That is not a great look. It's not the end of the world. It's not the worst thing that ever happened. He's obviously emotional. It was an emotional game. He was beaten into a pulp. He had a big Mickey mouse glove Simpson's hand. The whole thing was the perfect storm. And he's got to expect to do an interview no matter what.
Speaker 4: And I would guess the PR team got a hold of him because the postgame presser, which is typically similar to what you saw there, very quick, short answers, not a lot, was a little grab assy, a little more friendly, little more storytelling. I mean, I'll never forget like the most engaging I've probably seen him in a presser this year.
Speaker 2: Because he probably felt bad. Yeah, you know, I mean, then that's fair. I mean, I'll never forget doing we talked about it yesterday. I've done. I've taken some hits over the years doing Charger events with and with you. I was blown off the deck of the Queen Mary they were anchor you one year. I had to fight my way through crazy crowds in Disneyland. One year for no reason, we had to do a draft event in the deafening Sofi Arena with the Esther, the Violin Electriciansolin. We're trying to do a radio show, and that was absolutely untenable.
Speaker 4: The peer an amount of a peer with a man who was threatening us because we wouldn't gain him early in mission.
Speaker 2: I forgot to mention that one yesterday and somebody did remind me of that, and a guy asked for early admission. We didn't know what to do. They told him no because we had no control over anything going on. And then he went insane and started threatening our lives with all the other crazed weird hobos and the filter bag of the gene pool that hangs around the Santa Monica Pier.
Speaker 4: He did have a nice guitar that was missing two strings as well, that I believe he wanted to beat us into a pulp with after he would not grant him early admission.
Speaker 2: I've taken a few hits over the years, just like Herbert took last night, and I have the balloon hand from working Charger events just because we are affiliated with the Chargers and Matt's the voice of the Bolts, and I'm happy to do it. But I will say the best one we ever did was the one at the mall. Yes, of all places, right the one at the mall at the West Side Pavilion, No, not the West Side Pavilion, the West Century City, Century City, Westfield Mall, and we were there and the reason it was cool was that justin Herbert came and he did an interview, and I'll never forget we did the interview and it wasn't anything to write home about, but it certainly wasn't like that. And a couple of the people that cover the Chargers daily came over and they were like, I've never seen him smile in an interview. That's the first time smile. And I said, well, yeah, you know, Matt's the voice of the Bolts and I've known him. He grew up watching Pac ten games and the guys from Eugene, and I'd been up there a whole bunch, and I did his games in college as well, So we had the similar kind of vibe with Andrew Luck just because of his background as a player. But that's the only major hit that we've never taken at one of those Charger events was at the mall because Herbert came over and just like he did in that one time, the sun shone on us, just like he did after the game last night, after he shunned the sideline interview. He showed us kindness indeed and was genuine. I just think it's probably really hard for him, because if it wasn't hard for him, No, if it wasn't hard for him, and if he didn't have some kind of weird block about it, then he'd be a rock star in this time.
Speaker 4: When you see him in the doctor Squatch commercials, I mean, he's a real natural. But of course that is scripted television. But he played like a real hard ass. And I don't know where the Chargers are going to end up. I don't know who's going to write the story at the end of the year or what. Justin Herbert's career.
Speaker 2: They don't have any business being nine and four, No, they really don't, not what they're beat up on line. But whatever Justin Herbert is or isn't, he is a great competitor and an absolute fighter and leader out there on the football field. And that was an inspiring performance. And year in and year out, game in and game out, whatever's around him is around him. But this guy competes.
Speaker 4: His ass off, never complains.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does a great job.
Speaker 5: Videll Herbert trying to climb.
Speaker 6: The pocket he escapes there, he goes to the forty to the thirty five, to the thirty out.
Speaker 5: Of bounds to the twenty seven yard line.
Speaker 4: Oh, that is Herbert strong as a horse. I would explain why I lost my voice.
Speaker 2: It's I'm a horse Monday.
Speaker 4: It was loud in there, so hurts in the shotgun. A touchdown would win it for the Eagles. Kurtz pulls it, throws.
Speaker 5: Intercepted, game over.
Speaker 2: Intercepted game over day on Henley. That's right, game over. The fourth interception Tony Jefferson unbelievable. Tony Jefferson not available for the show today. No, but that's okay, And neither was justin Herbert for that matter. And I wonder where the Chargers will do the draft next now that Staley's not involved, it's not as much of a to do.
Speaker 4: He was in a full suit that day, like a Taylor.
Speaker 2: Well, we were right by, to be fair, we were right by the Tesla dealership.
Speaker 4: I mean we were in high end mall.
Speaker 2: I mean it wasn't just a mall. I went to the shake shack before that show. I really lived the life.
Speaker 4: Now we did have a but it's not a public event.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 4: The golf event was good this year with Harball. That was a good time. Tony Jefferson joined us in the Teva golf event.
Speaker 2: Is different.
Speaker 4: Troy Dye had a hell of a time with us.
Speaker 2: The golf event is different. But the golf event has also been trouble over the years too. When we were fed literally every rookie signee, one after the other after the other of them for about ninety minutes, and it was like we were in the shade. It was like rookie speed dating. That it's not always wedding cake. But that one day that Herbert smiled upon us at the mall, smile. Okay, that's a great day. Now, speaking of smiles, a lot of smiles in Westwood, matt because they introduced their new coach today. Is he coming on the show today? Bob Chesney?
Speaker 9: What coming? Yeah, it's not much.
Speaker 2: I thought we had no Bob was available. Bob Chesney is not ready. I was not available. He's not ready, Bob, Are we ready? He's not ready? Are we ready? To be fair, he's got a coach in the college football playoff against Oregon and they're gonna get their pluzzo blown clean off.
Speaker 4: But then, why bother?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: Why not collect some nil money.
Speaker 2: They have some sound.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sound, we got sound.
Speaker 2: But I got to warn you it's a little bit like the Devil and David Dave dancing with the Devil on scam a month or so ago. It's a little bit like that. But here's Bob first.
Speaker 10: I just want to, you know, thank everyone involved in the in the search committee, Chancellor Frank. Just phenomenal to get a chance to meet you and understand your vision for the program and for the university, and the idea that it doesn't have to be academics or athletics, but for both to be able to live, you know, in harmony, and for both to be able to uplift one another is ultimately the mission that we all need to understand and one that you know, I'm proud to be part of.
Speaker 3: Martin.
Speaker 10: You know, I thought it was just a phenomenal job in expressing his vision and his beliefs for program zoom or something where it maybe have has come up a little short in the past, and what he was looking for. But alignment was a word that continued to show up over and over and over again.
Speaker 3: And I think you are any opportunity you have when you.
Speaker 2: He starts speaking in Latin tongues in a little while.
Speaker 5: It's not zoom, Matt. This is not a zoom press one was it?
Speaker 2: He started speaking in Latin tongues and a bunch of fire started coming up behind him like a kiss show.
Speaker 4: I think that boats well for the upcoming season, Clare Matt.
Speaker 5: Bob was in Westwood. He was on campus at UCLA today.
Speaker 4: So what the hell was that if he was live on campus.
Speaker 6: This is the press conference audio and not just Bob, that was Martin Jarman. That was the chancellor that audio at the press CoML like to succeed.
Speaker 10: It takes three things from the people really above you. The watch one is do they understand? Do they have any idea what you're actually going through?
Speaker 4: What the team actually can saying.
Speaker 3: The things that we need to, you know, move with quickly.
Speaker 6: He didn't meet all the players and they did the whole like introduce him to the team.
Speaker 5: They all go out exciting to commit to me.
Speaker 3: Would like to succeed.
Speaker 10: It takes three things from the people really above you that you're asking for, And the first one is do they understand? Do they have any idea what you're actually going through, what the team actually needs that the things that we need to, you know, move forward with quickly. The first the depth of understanding is important, and Martin certainly does that.
Speaker 4: I know you're not gonna like it, but it does have a bit of a bit of a Gabe Kapler vibe to it, just very detailed, big words. Here are my pillars.
Speaker 2: Here's the difference between this guy and Gabe Kapler. This guy's had success at every level of football and coached and and he doesn't tay in his taint. Well, I don't know about that, although he is in Virginia this time of year. It's yeah, but yeah, I'm not even listening to anything he's said. It's too hard now hard to hear some more.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: And that.
Speaker 10: But that is irrelevant right now. I have fifteen other things I got I play friends mine.
Speaker 4: It's certainly from the same school of broadcasting.
Speaker 2: So congratulations to Bob Chesney. I traveled all the way across the country for this in the middle of the college football playoff, only for you guys to f up my audio.
Speaker 10: I'm Bob Chesty understanding, then there has to be this care. And then when he finally understanding care, there has to be this willingness to work together.
Speaker 3: So those three things became.
Speaker 6: Ess It makes sense when you think about it. It's three levels that people above you have to understand what you're going through, you know, the middle level you have to get everybody on the same page, and the people below you have to buy into that.
Speaker 2: For years, we've made fun of Sean mcvay's motivational speaking style, and he's done nothing but be the best coach in the NFL for the last six or seven years. So what does it matter if we don't like it?
Speaker 10: So there has to be this understanding, Then there has to be this care. And then when you finally understanding care, there has to be this willingness to work together. So those three things became very apparent as I spoke to Martin in this process. He understands what it takes, he cares a lot about it, and he has a willingness to work together, you know, more so than anywhere else I've ever been, And I think that's really important to understand.
Speaker 2: All Right, we'll be back. We're going to talk to Lorenzo Neil Low.
Speaker 4: Neil talk about football toughness.
Speaker 2: Matt's podcast partner, quite simply one of the greatest fullbacks, if not the best fullback to ever play in the NFL, and a Fresno State Bulldog. And that's not the only Fresno State story we have today. How about that? Sure for doing it?
Speaker 4: Come on with Fresno State. Show a record we are.
Speaker 2: Ever since I drove up there, I feel a great owner ownership toward Fresno and theists.
Speaker 4: I took a look at those lighting riggs.
Speaker 2: Sanger the whole area. Matt really spoke to me. That was a really good bottle of whiskey that I drank alone in that hotel room. We'll be back with Lorenzo O'Neil from Matt's Believe in the Chargers podcast and Pro Football Hall of Fame Fame.
Speaker 1: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports that show some money. AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app going until seven pm tonight. And then Dodger Talk David Vess with Dodger Talk will be along day. Will join us in the five o'clock hour. Bruce Feldman on college football in the four o'clock hour. Just got done talking a lot of Charger football. Pe keep that going here.
Speaker 2: Well, joining us right now. One of the all time great full backs players in the history of the world, Lorenzo O'Neill period, perhaps the greatest fullback in NFL history. That's true. Block for a thousand yard running back and eleven straight seasons straight out of the know.
Speaker 3: That's right going.
Speaker 2: He knows the ninety nine top to bottom. He does the podcast with Matt for the Chargers. He works for the forty nine Ers up in the Bay Area. He is the one and only Lorenzo O'Neill on the Petrosen Money Show on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline. Not only is the quarterback for the team that he covers, the Chargers, a baller and a hero, but his old quarterback coming back, Philip rivers at forty four, Lorenzo, what's happening? How are you?
Speaker 11: That's true? I love it. I love that tagline money. I'm have to use that more often. That's true. Oh, that's the true great legendary. I'm legendary. I had a rough night last night, guys. I was just sweating, like the same probably the same place you guys were on the edge of your seat. Boy did we were we impressed? And was that not an unbelievable game? Yeah? I know it was sloppy, a lot of turnovers, lots of sacks, but that game was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun. What can you say about Justin Herbert and his performance with that big flappy hand and just no tackles getting sacked like you mentioned every play, That's pretty gutsy.
Speaker 11: Performance, unbelievable. I think the guy's just a man, just a man. He is not scared, he's built the right way, He's tough, he's fearless. The Chargers are lucky to you know, they go from Drew Brees to freaking you know, Philip Rivers, who's coming out of retirement, you know, forty four years old, coming to play for the coach. It says something about just the organized issue and just being lucky. From Dan Fouts. I mean, just think about who Justin Herbert is in the quarterback legacy that the Charges, I mean Drew Brees Hall of Famer Philip Rivers would be a Hall of Famer Justin Herbert, and Herbert is definitely going to be a Hall of Famer the way that he plays the game with the physical with the physical opponent, and the way he just runs over guys. I mean playing with the broken hand in the overtime he said, Okay, let me just take over. I don't care if my hand's broken. I'm rubbing it on the sideline. I don't care what happens. I'm gonna use my stiff for him. I'm going to use the hand that's broken. The shield of the fender off me. What can you say about this guy besides just just toughest, tough as they come, man, tough as they come.
Speaker 4: You hear the players say. Tony Jefferson said it after the game, low that you know, you see what Justin's going through. I saw Tarheb say it as well, and you're like, well, how can I not play whatever to this level? But I would assume you guys are doing that anyway. Is there something to that? Like if you're out there playing with you know, Philip, and he's got a torn acl and the AFC championship game. Does that make you play harder?
Speaker 11: You know what. I don't know if it makes you play harder, but it lets you know, Hey, look, I gotta suck it up. Who am I to go around open head down? When you see guys like this playing a tough position to go out there and play as guts as he did and the willless team to win to victory, you do you do say, you know what, I gotta get back on the field. You have to say, I gotta find a way to get back on the field, especially guys when at your quarterback and everyone talks about sometimes the quarterback can be a little soft be at Prima Donna, not justin Herbert. This guy's stuff is.
Speaker 2: To come, you know, Lorenzo, I gotta ask you because the rules have changed in football since you were the greatest fullback that ever lived. And I'm not talking about Tom Rathman, I'm talking about you. I'm not talking about Moose either. But when you're walking around just in the world, and you see people walking by, you know, and they're not protecting their legs, do you ever think about just cutting that person down and just cutting them right there? Does that ever cross your mind? Or does it not anymore?
Speaker 11: Hey, you know what, I'll tell you what it does. Every time I get around the Chargers. Every time I come around there, Tail Money, Matt Money Smith's trying to get me and Nick Hardwick. Every time I swamp by Nick Carwick, I'm thinking about taking him down. He's a wrestler. I'm a wrestler. I wrestled in college.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 11: He had a couple of tea in college for wrestling. He doesn't know. He's not ready for me, brother, Because when I come out there, brother, it's gonna go down Me and Nick Hardwick under the lights. Matt Money Smith, he's gonna rep it and he's gonna announce it. It's gonna be legendary.
Speaker 2: Well, i'd like to see that. Actually we should. We could organize. That'd be a great thing for the offseason. As far as the actual season with the Chargers go, we know their limitations without both their tackles. We see the quarterback beaten to hell and running for his life. What are realistic expectations for this team moving forward? Even though they've won nine games, they're in a pretty good position here.
Speaker 11: I think they're in a really good position. I think the way that they fight anything possible. You know, the biggest thing for me if this team can say, if the defense plays as well as it's playing as of late, look, don't turn the ball over. Get rid of the ball quick go. You know last night they ran the ball fairly well. When they needed to run, they had to run. If you don't turn the ball over the way that this defense is playing, you can be in any game. The biggest thing that the Chargers have to do is don't give teams short fields. That's what puts your defense sometimes behind the eight ball. When you're given opposition a short field to work with, that's when this Charger team can get in trouble and that's when the wheels can fall off because of the fact that they got a short field to work with. So, if this team plays the way that it's capable playing, even though they have some limitations up front, I'm not going to sit here and say, oh, this team can win a Super Bowl. I'm saying you can win a playoff game. You can make some things happen. And if you jump on some teams. You look at the AFC, let's be let's let's be fair. In parts they've dember they've beaten. Denver's quarterback has been inconsistent. I know bow knicks and everyone talks about what he's been able to do. Yes, they got a good defense. They can run the ball. Does Indianapolis scare you with Philip Rivers coming out of retirement?
Speaker 3: Okay, who scares you?
Speaker 11: Is New England Patriots? Is Newing Patriots war beaters. I don't think the AFC. Oh my god, this is a for sure loss. I think they can play with anyone in the AFC. It's just a matter of can they protect the quarterback, and right now they've shown that they can't protect him on a consistent basis. But if you don't turn over this ball and you play field position, they're still a tough Outum.
Speaker 4: Low, what's just to take us into the other locker room? Like, what's going on if you're the Eagles and you've got Saquon Barkley running for seven yards clip and on that final drive he's barely touching the ball. Jalen Hirts has thrown it all over the place, and he throws his fourth interception of the game. I mean, their identity en route to a Super Bowl last year was running the ball and in that game. It seemed like whenever they ran the ball, they were pretty damn effective. And yet Jalen Hurts is out there throwing it all over the place. What goes on after a game, especially when you got a four and a half hour, five hour flight home to try to figure out how the heck you lost that one.
Speaker 11: Yeah, guys are very disappointed. I tell you you got to be a Philadelphia Eagle fans, you know they're disappointed. The players are disappointed, But opportunity's ever lost given to someone else. Both teams didn't look like they want to win that game. Either team could have won that game. We know that. So let's you know, the Chargers happened just to come up on the better end of that stick. That game could have win either way. But if you're you're Jalen Hurts, if you're Jalen Hurts, you're looking at yourself and say, dog it, Hey, he threw one ball. You know you got a receiver, a big time receiver. He's got to make that Levin's got to make that catch. It gets popped up in there and turns it to an interception. The Chargers didn't capitalize on a lot of those turnovers. So yeah, But if you're if you're if you're a Philadelphia player and you're on that team, you're like, why did we not give the ball more to twenty six? You got a ride with him. You don't expect him to just do it all on one play, and he showed you that he still has it. But they got a block better. There's some things that they have to do, and I don't think it's just all Jaden hurts, without a doubt, he struggled last night, but I think that offensive line has n't created a new line discrimmage as well for the run game.
Speaker 2: His number is retired at Valley Children's Stadium, Beautiful Fresno, California. The places Almama that could use a little bit of an upgrade. I was just there doing a game. I'm sure that low Neil has given enough to the program in blood, sweat and tears, but somebody needs to come through and fix up that stadium. But will you be traveling to the to Tucson for the Snoop dogg Arizona Bowl to cheer on matt Ence and your Fresno State Bulldogs this year? Loneil, You know.
Speaker 11: Matt Ends is a great guy. I've come to his team and talked to the team several times. He's always wonted me around. I like mat Ins. He's tough, he's a physical guy. He's olding to brasted kid. He's old corn husk or he's tough, physical from a small town. But you know what, I'm gonna pass them. I'm not gonna go down there to Zona. I'm gonna let Snoop doggy Dog have it.
Speaker 2: I'm a bass Okay. You know what. That's an honest answer from an honest man. That's right, A man who made his bones and then a gap in the b gap. Now a Freshno State made the NCAA Championships in wrestling.
Speaker 4: It'd be a little different, you know. Damn well, I'm there.
Speaker 11: I'm there.
Speaker 2: I'm there in the singlet ready to rock and roll, no doubt. We love you, Loan Neil and we'll check the podcast with Matt money Smith. Thank you, thanks for doing it, and thanks for doing it on short notice. We sure appreciate it.
Speaker 11: No worries, guys, cheers, all right, No dogs.
Speaker 4: I think you said both up.
Speaker 2: I thought he said bulldogs. We'll never know.
Speaker 4: I know he's gone.
Speaker 2: Because you know, we ended of the Fresno State talking, well, we can go a couple of ways. Petterson money show continues on AMPHI seventy l A Sports. It's Bob Chesney sounds like the Devil day the aloof Justin. Herbert remains a hero, But at what cost? At what cost?
Speaker 4: R Rutledge isn't happy? She will shun his highlights on NFL Live Moving forward?
Speaker 5: Why does that follow Laura by herself? Isn't there somebody helping her?
Speaker 2: There should be, right Josh or some PR person should have been there to But you know what about somebody from the TV sid I'm just saying I've done this for a long time and the game ends abruptly.
Speaker 4: Well, they don't need to help you because you can grab Bill Snyder by his belt loop and say you're not going anywhere, right. But if you're dainty Laura Rutledge and you're trying to track down a six foot six, two and fifty pounds horse of a human beings making moves to get away from you, you gotta get How about Steven A? Can I borrow your bodyguard for a minute? I can he slow Herbert down?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 2: I gotta be honest doing the job when the game ends abruptly like that, or something wild happens. It's every man for himself, indeed, and woman.
Speaker 5: Stephen A had a bodyguard.
Speaker 4: Stephen always had a three.
Speaker 2: I met him literally twenty three years ago on the sideline of the coliseum. Nobody knew him. He had a bodyguard, So I guess it just comes with the territory when you're a little bitch. We'll be right back, Hello, PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rondee. That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: With David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Muss, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Big thank you to Lorenzo O'Neil should be Hall of Fame fullback for joining us Big News. A week from Thursday, Petrosen Money's final live appearance of the twenty twenty five calendar year will be at the Bja's Restaurant brew House in West Covina from three to seven pm, a full four hour show. It is our PMS Christmas Extravaganza, our fan appreciation show. We have cleaned out our PMS office with all of our promo materials, t shirts, coolers, hats, statues.
Speaker 2: Matt Buddy Smith hockey bobbleheads.
Speaker 4: That are at least twenty years old, not to mention tickets, Clippers and Chargers tickets, gift cards. We got Chargers Texans tickets their final regular season game of the year, no home regular season game. That's week seventeen, so it's the weekend after Christmas. And then a Westinghouse httv our Man Brett was kind enough to give us a giant Weston. I was at fifty fifty inchri kates fifty five inchri kates, the.
Speaker 6: Westing House seventy eight inches, fifty eight inches fifty eight inches.
Speaker 4: I knew there was an eight fifty eight inch too.
Speaker 5: Weird weird number right fifty eight.
Speaker 2: But if you missed the beginning of the show, we were able to procure sound from the Big Bob Chesney press conference today. We asked for Bob Chesney because UCLA's radio partner is a news station and they ain't talking to him. They're not going to talk to him, and we thought like, hey, maybe Chesney will come on with us. Now he is coaching at James Madison and they're going back and forth and the whole deal with the playoff, and he's straddling the coasts trying to do right by his new employer UCLA while honoring his commitment to JM. You because obviously in the college football playoff against Dorgon is a big deal. But we were able to procure some professional sound, professional from UCLA.
Speaker 10: So those three things became very apparent as I spoke to Martin in this process. He understands what it takes, he cares a lot about it, and he has a willingness to work.
Speaker 2: So we don't have but we do have that sound to celebrate. Bob, are we ready? We are not ready, Bob, are we ready? Now? He's talking about building relationships and we're not ready. A lums and all the great coach speak that you want to hear this from a guy. Yeah, structure, structure, buy in, infrastructure, emotional accountability, all the things you want to hear a coach say. But one guy he's going to have to really resell is Troy Aikman, who was sounding off Troy Aikman, who called the Charger game last night along with Matt Muney Smith not on the same broadcast, but they both they both called the game. Troy Aikman is very upset about the nil money he gave to UCLA, saying he didn't get anything out of it.
Speaker 12: Where I'm at with it is, I think there's got to be some leadership at the very top that kind of cleans all of this up. And starting with players that accept money, there's got to be some accountability and responsibility on their behalf to have to stick with a program. I gave money to a kid. I won't mention who I've done it one time at UCLA. Never met the young man.
Speaker 3: He was their year.
Speaker 12: He left after the year. I wrote a sizable check and he went to another school. I didn't even get so much as a thank you note, you know. So it's one of those deals to where I'm done with that. I l I mean, I want to see you be successful, but I'm done.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, sizable check.
Speaker 2: That is hard to believe that UCLA would show ingratitude. I've never experienced. UCLA's all class. I mean the turkey, the dry turkey sandwich they give you when you call a game. At the Rose Bowl, right has always been.
Speaker 4: I remember their head basketball coach called us from a phone in which he could see our broadcast set up live outside of Pauly Pavilion.
Speaker 2: Well, that was on him, though I'm not going to call you guys. That was his own personality.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna call you.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking about the personality of the entire school.
Speaker 4: And they always took care of Kate's and his family when he was at the Rose Game.
Speaker 2: No, they're cheap and bureaucratic and unaccountable to anybody, even their most visible alum.
Speaker 12: It's one of those deals to where I'm done with that. I l I mean, I want to see you silly be successful, but I'm done with it.
Speaker 2: Right ruit Troy, So you gotta have to re recruit that guy and sounding like the devil in your very first press conference.
Speaker 10: So those three things became very apparent. As I spoke to Martin in this process. He understands he.
Speaker 2: Can we stop. Why is anybody still mentioning Martin Jarmon like he actually hired this guy or he's not. I know they just extended him, But doesn't Martin Jarmon have any shame? I mean, he screwed this up complete. The Deshaun Foster thing was an absolute stain on the UCLA football's history. Just a stain a Buddy Teven's like stain.
Speaker 4: Oh Buddy didn't deserve it, Yes he can't, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: A stain on UCLA's history that Deshaun Foster was hired and the Chip Kelly situation was handled like it was handled. And now we're just gonna sit here and act like he made this higher. But it wasn't. Bob Myers and all these other big wigs like Casey Wasserman.
Speaker 4: Was like Bob was there.
Speaker 2: Was Bob Myers there.
Speaker 3: Those three things became very apparent.
Speaker 6: Which Bob are we talking about it? A lot of Bob's Bob Myers. Bob Myers was there today. He helped make the decision. Eric Kendrick's former player was on the committee. Adam Peters former player now GM of the commanders h and as you mentioned, Casey Wasserman, they are the ones who made this decision.
Speaker 2: Then why are we sitting here talking about Jarmond like he does anything?
Speaker 10: In became very apparent as I spoke to Martin in this process, he under stance what it takes. He cares a lot about it.
Speaker 2: That al Pacino, Keanu Reeves Devil Woman. I mean, moving on that movie, The Devil's Advocate, The Devil's Advocate. Oh, I'm going to be the Devil's Lawyer with Charlie the role man. Not since that have I heard such a demonic voice be so intriguing. Well, and then David Vassay on the Scam a couple months ago, but that only lasted a short amount of time.
Speaker 3: Hey, good morning, guys, and man, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the seven o'clock hour has been the best hour of the entire poty.
Speaker 5: By the way, who's Troy been talking about? Who's that one player? He wrote a big check.
Speaker 4: Dante would have to be right quarterback?
Speaker 2: Who else would it be?
Speaker 4: And you know what you bought? The right guy just didn't work out? Yeah, yeah, the right guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Look what he's got going on.
Speaker 2: You see what he's doing something for somebody else and he's using your money to take girls out to dinner in Eugene, Organ. You can't be happy about that. So anyway, that's the latest with UCLA. You're gonna have to re recruit Troy Aikman.
Speaker 12: It's one of those deals to where I'm done with nil.
Speaker 2: I mean, I want to.
Speaker 12: See U SLA be successful, but I'm done with it.
Speaker 2: What if we do this, Troy, what if we sell your beer eight beer at Sofi and we get you back in for a little nil action with Bob Chesney.
Speaker 4: That's an agreement I think you'd make. Right, We're gonna pull eight oh five off the taps and get eight and put eight. We're gonna lose the five because see all we got to do now, because we're UCLA and we're trying to save some scratch, We're just gonna put duct tape over the five. Let's just say eight on the taps. Now we can serve your eight beer.
Speaker 5: You guys laugh. But they would totally do that, of.
Speaker 2: Course they would. Yeah. UCLA is cheap and bureaucratic and terrible, and if they weren't, they'd have their own on campus date and they'd have figured out their problems a long time ago.
Speaker 4: I went till they getting so far.
Speaker 2: But they are paying Bob Chesney a buttload of money.
Speaker 3: So those of money very apparent not enough.
Speaker 2: To get the mic to work. No, but it should be a good and productive offseason, and I would imagine that UCLA will be a lot better or in a lot better position with this guy as their coach as opposed to Deshaun Foster.
Speaker 4: I thought his press conferences went very well.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I thought the one, the second Big Ten media day worse was worse than the first where he went out there all breathy and freaked out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It was like a thirteen minute speech that was written out and you can tell him and he got halfway through it, he was like, oh man, these people are checked out and I got to go go and.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do this and I'm going to do this and I'm gonna try to get fired. In September, more petros and money to come, Lorenzo Nea, wasn't it. We got more friends. There's no news with Bruce Feldman. No, that's also coming. We'll talk about Bob Chesney with Bruce. And the craziness of college foosball?
Speaker 4: Why does it happen every year? Do these people not forget what they said the year prior? They just pretend like the twelve months ago didn't happen. Notre Dame, no class, bitching and moaning about them not making it in sec would never do that. Do you remember what you said about Indiana last year?
Speaker 3: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: And we brought Danny Canel on yesterday and he was very He said, look, we dealt with this in Florida state where we didn't get in and everybody was butt hurting. I said that they should not play the game, and they did play the game and they got beat by eighty by Georgia. But no, Matt, it's very much in the moment type of sport, which I am sure you have come to understand over the years working in football. We'll be right back with your word number song of the day. Big thank you to Troy Aikman and Bob Chestney for that awesome sound.
Speaker 3: We're not ready, m