Speaker 1: All right, welcome to the Mojo in the Morning show for this Friday. So yesterday I was out with my guy buddies and we made it through the entire event without you know who knowing?
Speaker 2: You know what? Are you sure? I think?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I haven't gotten any calls, but a question came up, and I want to get right to it because this is one for Kevin.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, question came up when you're hanging with your guys and one of your guys, say, for instance, hypothetically we're golfing. Okay, one of your guys hits like an incredible shot, like one that is one for the ages. You look like a combination of Tiger Woods, Worry McElroy and Scottie Scheffler are all in one.
Speaker 2: What a baby.
Speaker 1: Those are all golfers. By the way, for any of you that don't know who golfers are and you want to celebrate, is it okay to give your friend an ass lab?
Speaker 2: All right? I have to ask Kevin this question. Kevin, is it okay?
Speaker 1: And you know this because I know you've played sports, but you know, like when you'd hit like a winning bucket or you would hit a big you know, uh basehead or something or a home run. You give it, you get your ass slap, boom boom, you slapping ass.
Speaker 4: I mean, like my sports world was when I was very young, like I didn't play a lot of sports, Like when I got to high school is when I started acting, and none of like professional sports or anything was a part of my life. So maybe Anna can tell you that more than I can as a relations to like high school and all of that. But but they were doing a lot more than slapping ass from what I hear, ain't know a haha, that's the truth truth. But I it's more so like chess bumps are like hard high fives. I would say that is a thing in sports culture, but I've never done that with any of my friends, never as I've never asked them.
Speaker 5: Some guys on the basketball team slap each other's I feel weird saying ass on the radio, but I've seen some guys do it for sure.
Speaker 1: Oh ass slapping To me, I'll be quite honest with you, I think that ass slapping is okay. Matter of fact, I like ass slapping a whole lot better than the dab up handshake combo thing where they fist bump each other and do that thing. Like I hate the whole giv you pull your put your fist out and here you give you know, put your fist on me.
Speaker 2: I hate that thing. I would love to know the.
Speaker 4: Origins of this, Like who was the first dude after a great play to just smack another dude on the ass and be like that was a good gag.
Speaker 2: Like that's why? Why was that the move?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I think it goes back to the days of uh. I don't know Marconi or I don't know who Nay Smith or whatever who is I don't know whoever it was, but I will never forget you talk about how when you were young, they didn't ask slap.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I coached Joe and Luke and Jacob when they were younger, Like I only got them when they were in grade school middle school. I was coaching Joe's middle school team at Abbott Middle School and he had this unbelievable play and he was running down the court and as he's running down the court, he literally hit a three.
Speaker 2: It was awesome and it put us in the lead.
Speaker 1: I was right there on the sidelines and I smacked his ass as he was running back down the court, and during the next time out, the athletic director for the school in Farmington Hills that we were competing against came out to me and said, you should never touch a player like that.
Speaker 2: That's my son. I can do whatever I want that that's my ass. That's flat as my ass.
Speaker 5: I think there's levels to it though, Like if you're slapping like bottom up, you're kind of copping a feel there. But if you're just hitting like upper cheek, like maybe that's more acceptable to me.
Speaker 2: It's about placement, Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 5: I mean, Like if you're coming upwards, you're feeling if like they got a.
Speaker 1: Booty, but you're not, You're not staying there for a while, like you're not. It's not like I know, but still you give an exam. I mean you're no, You're It's a quick, a little I can feel jiggle. I actually I went to a buddy friend of mine and tried to do a high five, like a general high five, and he looked at me. He's kind of a gruff kind of guy. Uh, And he looked at me and he goes, I don't do high fives. Yeah, he was not a high five what is he? I think he was kind of like a nod.
Speaker 2: Give me a.
Speaker 1: Nod eight four four Mojo live eight four four sixty six five six four.
Speaker 2: It whe're my men today? Where my mainly men?
Speaker 5: Where's Zach? Zach?
Speaker 3: Do you be smacking people's asses and bowling? No, I'm a fist bumper like I'm not. Don't high five me. I don't want your greasy palm on my palm. Just give me some knuckles and we'll move on.
Speaker 2: See, I like a hot like.
Speaker 4: It is not necessarily a high five, but like a power, it has to be power.
Speaker 2: It has to meet the moment you hurt my hands.
Speaker 1: That dude, I'm telling you, you understand there have been times where I feel like I have like red marks for days on me.
Speaker 2: You're you're you're an abusive father to me. That you are Joe Jackson when you see how Michael turned up? Old on? Owen? What's going on? Owen? How are you doing good?
Speaker 6: First time? Long time?
Speaker 2: Are you an ass lapping kind of guy?
Speaker 6: I am. I played sports a lot when I was younger, through hockey, basketball, and a little bit of soccer.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 6: It's more or less just you know, a congratulation thing. I mean, it's nothing much to it. It's like how you hold your hand. You're not trying to cuff your hand when you're going on an ass because then you're just it feels weird. You're just kind of more of like a high five, like yeah, yeah, No, I think that's completely normal and it plus it's you're not just holding it. You're just quick because yours are going to be busy high five and other people.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And by the way, the guys who ask slap aren't the same guys that pull out disinfectant and start you know, uh, you know, making sure that their hands are clean afterwards. They're doing it quick and moving on. You know, thank you Owen for coming so many more people to five exactly, I got more asses, Jacob, you sound like a guys guy.
Speaker 2: What's happening, Jacob?
Speaker 7: Good morning? First time call her?
Speaker 2: Smack them? Come on, Zach, give them an ass smack era right now.
Speaker 7: Jacob, come on. So my ideas if.
Speaker 1: It's like you're going to smack you in the mouth on that one, you cannot say you cannot say the word. Uh you know what you said, start all start all over again. When it's your boys and what it's a figure.
Speaker 7: If if it's your guys, like your close friends or like a sports scene that you're on you're close with, then it's fine. I don't personally do it, but you.
Speaker 2: Know vacuum in that you hated too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, two right there, and we're gonna punch you in the nose, all right for.
Speaker 4: The Google's The first recording ass lap was in the seventies at Penn State.
Speaker 2: So really, oh no, they started it?
Speaker 1: Was it? Jerry Sandusky can't deny?
Speaker 2: What's going on? Sean? How are you? Sean?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 8: Good, first time?
Speaker 2: Long time? What's up? Slappers? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Community players, coaches, everybody. You're swapping in the head, swappy in the ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole touching like the baseball thing now is you hit a home run, they start beating your your brains in. You know, you have to take your helmet off otherwise it hurts.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I still do it with my buddies now, it's not a big deal.
Speaker 1: I always worry about doing the whole cav thing where you run into a guy's chest somewhere you're gonna like tear an a c l or something. Kevin wants to stop on the whole that you do this all with your buddies. You're playing a sport. When you're doing you're doing it when you're playing a sport.
Speaker 8: Right, Oh well yeah, or they do something cool?
Speaker 2: Yeah like what like what John?
Speaker 8: Well, it's you know, it's not it's not always sports related, like you could be helping them move or something, right, and it's a tough situation. You got to get that couch through the door and you make it and it's like, yeah, man, we did that, and.
Speaker 2: We did that, we.
Speaker 1: Moved that college. That might be the greatest thing ever. So like randomly, you know, hey, or or like today at lunch you're gonna hang out with your buddies and a guy orders a really good Chipotle bowl, Like, hey, great bowl.
Speaker 2: Stop ordering that was awesome?
Speaker 1: Yeah nice joy Now I do team all right, Well good, we're all as lapping this morning. Here's the deal. keV wins the throwback throwdown. We're ass slapping the hell out of him.
Speaker 2: Your feet