Speaker 1: Variety for the two thousands, the nineties, and today it's Star one O one three. It's Marcus in the morning time once again for second date updates. Let's bring Lauren on right away. Hi, Lauren, are you there? Hi? Yes, I'm rereading your DM because I always like to. I like to figure out if somebody actually got ghosted on, or if there's a backpedal or just a stoppage of communication. But you got fully ghosted, right fully ghosted? Okay, let's talk about Chris. What did you guys do?
Speaker 2: We went to get drinks Codey Little Spot, super fun. It was really relaxed, I mean, just like great energy in general. Everything felt like, I don't know, just like the vibes are right. And we talked about our favorite shows, what our ideal weekends were. Everything just seemed really aligned. Yeah, and I was feeling really optimistic about it, and then I never heard from him.
Speaker 1: Were your ideal weekends congruent? Like I know, sometimes a somebody who's like I want to go out and do stuff can't be compatible with someone who doesn't want to leave the couch. And those those people either that or they end up getting married. There is no in between. Marcus in the morning. Yes, you're listening to second Date Update. Welcome, Thank you for tuning in every morning. We've got Lauren on the phone. She is the Star. Hi, Lauren. Hi. Doesn't this feel like a little sitcom or something? It does. It's like your this is your movie we're doing. We're doing Lauren today. I'll tell you what. Let's call Chris and figure out why he ghosted on you. Okay, go ahead and mute your phone and let's give him a shout. All right, here we go. You can listen in.
Speaker 3: Hello. Hi, this is Chris, yes speaking.
Speaker 1: Hey Chris, it's Marcus calling from Star one on one three from the morning show. Good morning.
Speaker 3: I already know you're calling.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, you might as.
Speaker 3: Well just bring Lauren on.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, Hi, Lauren? Are you there?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 1: Chris? Is this where you tell me you listen every morning that you were listening right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You know it's a long time listener, first time on the radio.
Speaker 1: Here we are, so you already know why we're here. I mean, let's get right to it. Did you ghost Lauren after your date?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It was just a weird date, Like it started off fine, but then she said something that kind of caught me off guard. Okay, she started going all into this astrology stuff and it's just such a waste of time. And she's like, what day were you born? What time? And I don't know what time I was born. She thought that was completely crazy, and I was like, this is not outs of years.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 3: She was putting it into an app and then asking me specific questions, saying that she didn't want to waste quote unquote emotional energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you guys? Are you compatible?
Speaker 2: She said?
Speaker 3: But for me, it's the zero.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Lauren real quick. Lauren, what did the app say? So?
Speaker 2: I said that we were mostly compatible, like he said, but he left out the part that said our communication we would struggle with and so I try to have a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and Chris, how did this make you feel?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like if you're reading something up like a newspaper mobile app telling me about like you're gonna have a great day, you're beware of people today, it's just bonkers to me. Like I'm an adult with adult interest and like also, like there's another thing that happened on the date a lot, which was like, okay, she kept like straightening my napkins, moving my glass lined up with the coaster.
Speaker 1: And uh, I mean like physically it just yeah.
Speaker 3: Like she's physically reach over and move stepf on my side of the table, which just felt like I don't know, I was quietly being judged or evaluated. And that doesn't really feel like a date. That feels like I'm in my boss's office getting put on a performance improvement plan, which isn't a very fun feeling.
Speaker 1: Lauren, what was the deal with that?
Speaker 2: I was just trying to make sure things were balanced. I thought it showed that I cared and I was interested. Huh it bothers me. Things are crooked. I'm sorry you could have said something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know when I said I wasn't really a horoscope. You just insisted it was either your way or the highway at that point, And you know, I wasn't trying to get pickslift immediately, so I just figured i'd be polite.
Speaker 1: So I'm starting to see why this isn't a match. I'm gonna call no second date. You guys, Lauren, you seem very sweet. I don't I don't think Chris is your guy, that's.
Speaker 3: That's actually what my astrology up sat it said.
Speaker 1: Second Date, Hang on now, you're just being a jerk, all right. Second Date update right after seven, Right after nine, you got the podcast on the iHeartRadio app. Check it out. Star one on one three set that preset