Speaker 1: Listen Beaverville, Come on in. I like the Alaskan Pipeline.
Speaker 2: Morning lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 1: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us three of us to start later.
Speaker 3: Please, I could never know if the day was us Florida.
Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month.
Speaker 4: We are number one.
Speaker 5: We just grabbed every key demography super duper.
Speaker 1: That's nice. Might a gondogay?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Boy, that is good news.
Speaker 6: It is the sixth day of April twenty twenty six. Holy moly, it's already April. Good morning, everybody. My name is Chris Hockey, and welcome to the parture of Morning show. A day today filled with Mike Mussman, Ben Lever in a cast of thousands plenty to get to. So let's get her started. Here's some comedy from Jerry Seinfeld. You ever heard of him, young comedian. It's a Monday morning. Come on in. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 7: Avoidance is the male domestic instink. Golf, the ultimate avoidance activity, A game so nonsensically difficult, so pointless, so irrational, so time consuming. The word golf could only possibly stand for get out, leave family.
Speaker 3: And I have a lot of friends that play.
Speaker 1: They love it.
Speaker 7: Oh, they love it, Jerry, you would love it.
Speaker 1: It's a very challenging game. Yes, I am sure that it is.
Speaker 7: It's also challenging trying to throw a tic tac one hundred yards into a shoe box. In the fantasy mind of the golfing father, when he comes home, the family will come running out to hear the exciting stories of his golfing adventures.
Speaker 1: In reality, no one is.
Speaker 7: Even aware that he has left or returned.
Speaker 4: From eight and a half.
Speaker 7: Hours of idiotic hacking through sand and weeds while driving drunk in the clown car through a fake.
Speaker 3: Parks wee.
Speaker 8: Feet us on your side.
Speaker 4: You hear the distance unders.
Speaker 8: This land in you stray.
Speaker 1: This is helping for the power.
Speaker 2: Till morning, Joe, Monday, April sixth of twenty twenty six. I'm Corey Ko. That's Chris Hockey. There is Sauce Hi. Hi, good morning, Hi, Hi?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 1: Corlas?
Speaker 4: Good you? I'm great man, real good hogs Daddy cost.
Speaker 6: I'm so good. Don't forget about Nick.
Speaker 2: Oh, Nicholas is back there. I knew Zach was not, but I couldn't see if anybody was back there. But Nicholas is back there.
Speaker 6: Hi, Nick, I don't know if you know how to turn your mic on or not, or you care to morning guys.
Speaker 2: How about when's Zach back? How many more days is he in Vegas? I think he's back Wednesday?
Speaker 4: Lucky son of a bitch.
Speaker 2: How about that dude hitting William Sawalich at fifty to one?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 6: How about that?
Speaker 4: About what did he win? Hawk? What race?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: He won.
Speaker 6: I believes the rock I believe they were rocking him. I can't remember.
Speaker 4: So how do you explain this league? Again? Is this? Is this like triple that's.
Speaker 6: College football to the to the NFL this would be the Saints to the Twins.
Speaker 2: So the top league that's not the full blown NASCAR league where.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's exactly right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's a big, big thing.
Speaker 4: Man. So he wins money? Does he not?
Speaker 1: Oh? Hell yeah?
Speaker 4: Any idea what Sawatach brings in for a win like that?
Speaker 6: Eighty four million dollars?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How we should have been closer friends with him?
Speaker 6: Pretty impressive In other words, No, I don't know, but.
Speaker 4: I wonder how that works.
Speaker 6: It good for him? Man, Yeah, this is a it's a very big deal. I mean this this every person out there who gets into racing the way mister Sowalich did you You you're going to look at his case and say is he a good driver? Or does his daddy have money? And I know that that's something every driver like Swatich just had to overcome. And this win this weekend overcomes that. Yeah, that's the bottom line.
Speaker 4: Seems like a really good kid man.
Speaker 2: He was well spoken, he was really super polite, very nice, super personable.
Speaker 4: What a good dude.
Speaker 6: So and an interesting I mean nineteen years old from Eden Prairie, a kid who had no as far as I can remember him saying there in the interview, it wasn't like he grew up in a racing family. He just found a love for racing and a true talent for it. Bam, at nineteen years old, he wins at the Rock and it's a pretty damn big deal.
Speaker 2: And this accelerates his path or no, no pun intended. How does that work? Like if you win a race like this is your path changed?
Speaker 6: I would I wouldn't say it so much accelerates it. It guarantees it sweet. You know, they might not speed him along any further or any faster, I should say, because there is a there's a route you got to take to make sure you are ready. But I would guess if a seat opens up of some kind, especially for his team, Joe Gibbs Racing, which is one of the most predominant teams in all of racing, if a seat becomes open, he will jump right in there.
Speaker 4: Good for him.
Speaker 6: Man, it's a crazy thing. Nineteen years old.
Speaker 4: Have you been to that speedway?
Speaker 6: I've not been to the rock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not been to the rock.
Speaker 2: So again, two parts to this, right, William sawaalach works his ass off, finds a love of racing. Fast forward till this weekend, and he wins the race and top of his you know, personal journey in career.
Speaker 6: Sure, man.
Speaker 2: But back to Zachary for a second. You guys ever hit a fifty to one in anything? No, man, gambling is the best. I had one, right, yeah, fifty to one, And of course I texted Zach afterwards. I'm like, dude, that's a hell of a hit, and he's like, I should have bet more money. Everybody that has ever had a long shot or I've done this a thousand times.
Speaker 4: You invest in a stock and it takes off, You're like.
Speaker 1: Why didn't I put more money in?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's called hindsight. Yeah. Correct.
Speaker 2: If you know he's going to hit it fifty to one, guess how much money you put in? Well, all of your money. You just think about all of it, all of it.
Speaker 6: Here's the thing about that. You said, hey, Zach, and he's like, yeah, but the glasses half full, No, it's half empty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that is the gambler's fallacy. I mean, yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Oh, man, why didn't I just I.
Speaker 4: Should have doubled down? Why was betting ten dollars exactly fifty to one? Yeah? Good for him? I little hit.
Speaker 2: And you know, look, when you're in Vegas for five six days an early win like that, oh it's gone. That's at least at least it's a lot more fun going that way. Right then you're just fire and bullets doing whatever you want. Imagine how many diet cokes and baths he's taken.
Speaker 4: Oh you know, all the bath yeah? Bathe me, man.
Speaker 2: But between Halverson's photos and Tommy Olsen's family photos, I gotta get to Vegas. It was just nothing but weekend photos from those two posting about how much fun they're having in Vegas. I'm like, what am I doing? Yeah, I'm sitting in a basement in Plymouth. I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I missed all that. I had no idea, any nidity in the photos of any kind.
Speaker 2: No, but there was a lot of touching, Yeah, a lot of touching. A lot of hugs.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of hugging that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how sweet that kind of touching.
Speaker 2: Do you mean a lot of arms around each other when they were walking. Yeah, Tommy posted twenty photos. He kind of did a photo dump on Instagram, and I think you.
Speaker 6: Got paid for it.
Speaker 4: I think I saw.
Speaker 2: I think I saw the wives and maybe the background of one.
Speaker 1: There were one, they were in one. I don't know about that.
Speaker 5: They were there, hey, but yeah, a lot of schmoll, A lot of small yea, a ton of small A ton of arms around each other, Yeah, lots of smoll.
Speaker 6: They're look in their eyes, they're so happy together, that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Oh yeah, that's the happiest they've been in a little time.
Speaker 2: Young I got under two months to Vegas, but I wanted to be under two days, like.
Speaker 4: I really want to today. Well, why don't you go?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hell out of here?
Speaker 4: Did you get any masters grease? I did last fall.
Speaker 2: I still have a couple of tickets, so I have to ask myself if I need more?
Speaker 4: Is Zac still going to be there?
Speaker 1: Then he's my mule.
Speaker 4: Yeah. You guys have him as a drug mule.
Speaker 1: I have him as a gambling mule.
Speaker 6: I tend not to mule him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you guys not having him keyster?
Speaker 1: Anything?
Speaker 4: Not this here?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 6: In fact, I asked him to stop telling me about the things he keysters.
Speaker 2: Oh correct, it's a good point. Maybe we should make him bring stuff back just so he has to stick thing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like I can get a three musketeer, but I still want him to do it. It's got to be king sized, one of those two in one package kind of things.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I wonder if he's tried at two in one.
Speaker 2: Hey, speaking of three musketeers, you guys, uh load up on Easter candy?
Speaker 4: Did cram it in there?
Speaker 6: I can't even tell you how hell, and you know, please don't be mad at me out there. The Lord is your savior. I'm happy. That's cool. I forgot it was easter until until I tried to go to Target yesterday and some bitch was closed. I was like, what.
Speaker 1: On's the once the kiddos are over over? Yeah, that's kind of not a thing anymore. Yeah, yeah, yesterday was the worst easter.
Speaker 6: I forgot it was easter. Does that count?
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm mmmm I think it does. Mm hmm.
Speaker 5: Brilliant, Yeah, brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 4: Because that was a dramatic step. I could hear it.
Speaker 6: He took it from me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'm his hype man. Yeah, I'm his flavor flavor.
Speaker 1: That was a great What his flavor flavor up to? I don't mean he supporting the women's polo team. He's kind of everywhere.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's the guy no.
Speaker 1: No, k.
Speaker 4: A different kind of Yeah. And he's got a boy at the end. Yeah, the b o.
Speaker 2: I like big Boy before big Boy was big Boy. No big Boy cast No, not the radio guy.
Speaker 1: That dude used to be huge. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Hey, speaking of the radio guy, I don't I We're.
Speaker 2: All over the place. Who cares. It's the first segment. Ian was listening What the hell was I up early for? And say, oh, kiddoid gymnastics. I saw him up early Saturday morning. I flip on the fan and they're about to go to break and all I hear is six seconds of all right, we'll talk to Tackle Terry after this. I'm like, I don't know if I have ever heard Tackle Terry's actual segment?
Speaker 1: Are serious? I don't know, because doors, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 4: But I'm like, do I stay through the break just to hear what this son of a bitch sounds like? Did you no, no, no, previewed Tackle Terry Tuma?
Speaker 1: That was your moment?
Speaker 4: That was my moment to stay through? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm I didn't know if I had twelve minutes to wait. You know, I was trying to get ready to go, you know.
Speaker 1: And I had to get your car warm on the driveway.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: I think we got to talk to the captain Billy Hildebrand about his teases, but what his teaesus because he couldn't keep you involved. He previewed Tackle Terry and it wasn't enough to light.
Speaker 4: Your frie You didn't care.
Speaker 6: He should have said something like tackle Terry Tuma talks about why he's handsome, like fish.
Speaker 4: Oh god, I'm intrigued. He's got my attention.
Speaker 6: Should be obvious. But what if it's not.
Speaker 4: What if it's not.
Speaker 6: What if it's not. What if he's talking about the.
Speaker 4: Other What if he hasn't been near the lake in months?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 6: What if he's got to counterpoint the PA Show on Friday with his next guest.
Speaker 1: What if it's Terry Tuma talking about tea words, tongue twister?
Speaker 6: He had a third fourth teeth, Yeah Tuma on, Yeah, on teeth.
Speaker 2: My sources say Sauce doesn't do tongue twisters. Oh for sure, that's not what I hear. He had risen yesterday. My man, well you're getting email. Yep, I believe yesterday mark something like ninety years in a row. My buddy John did send me a picture of Andre rising. It's a tradition like no other. That's such a good And he did it like later in the day, and I was like, I was waiting on this, like what took you so long? Essentially, like, come on, man, like I should get a picture of Andre Rising at like nine thirty in the morning. He's got a young daughter. Let's go, like, you're up, where's the picture took him?
Speaker 4: Forever? He is rising? By the way, Andre Rising he still is. He's still with us?
Speaker 6: Sure is he? Sure is?
Speaker 2: He will always be Andre Rising. Yeah he was a good player. Yeah he was I could play man, Yeah he could.
Speaker 6: Yeah he was a giant.
Speaker 4: No, I think he was a falcon. Sure, yeah, yes, you're right.
Speaker 6: Anyway, there you go. Where do I have some stuff for you? Guys? Today? I didn't just roll over and wake up today. I got started on this week. I'm ready, man, you wait to hear these what really matters things I got for you?
Speaker 4: This is the week.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 6: Well I decided to actually put some effort.
Speaker 4: Hell yeah, man, yeah, we should start doing what made this show great? Yeah, we should. I don't know if it was.
Speaker 5: That was almost the beginning of the end of this show, by the way, great when he was told that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that was almost it. Yeah, I'm pretty sure we.
Speaker 1: Can do whatever we want at this point what everybody else is doing.
Speaker 6: I hope he's learned.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look what happened.
Speaker 6: You don't mess with the Fresco.
Speaker 1: No, don't mess who drinks it Fresca.
Speaker 6: Don't mess with the Fresco.
Speaker 2: I won't man anybody else else. You guys hear sermons yesterday? Do you listen to all yesterday, do not last Friday. No Sunday sermons, not Friday morning sermons.
Speaker 6: I no, nope.
Speaker 2: Do you ever think you're getting pranked? Oh no, this is the most on brand thing of all time. It's gonna sound like I'm making this up. This was on Eastern, not April Fools. Berrero was complaining there's too many food options at baseball games. What I could go into it with more detail and probably do it more justice than that, but that was the headline. Why don't we have so many food options at baseball games?
Speaker 6: He's right, damn it?
Speaker 2: Man. I'm like, man, I should have stuck around. I wonder if tackle Terry.
Speaker 4: Was going to tackle the same top talking about you think He's like, God, I.
Speaker 2: Go to shields and there's too many damn lures? Am I supposed to pick one?
Speaker 1: There should just be one lure?
Speaker 10: There's too many food options?
Speaker 4: Yeah, way too many.
Speaker 2: Why can't people just go get a hot dog and watch baseball?
Speaker 4: I swear to God?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 4: Listen? Go back?
Speaker 1: Why does he care?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I kept asking myself the same thing. I'm like, is he really arguing against options?
Speaker 4: It's not going to a Twins game.
Speaker 6: I do. I you know, I've been bank Spot before too, though, honestly where I woke up and had nothing to talk about.
Speaker 1: Fire, my god, a god.
Speaker 4: Well call bonus.
Speaker 1: He delivered brilliantly well.
Speaker 2: It took one segment to have the quote of the week, the Quotes podcast. We have, you know, fifteen plus hours the rest of the week to beat that, and I don't think we're going to that.
Speaker 4: Was brilliant, brilliantly delivered.
Speaker 1: Well done.
Speaker 5: Speaking of well done, thanks to my amazing friends at gutter Helmet gutter Helmet MN dot com for sponsoring this first wonderful secon. You need uh you don't, don't want to worry about the leaves getting in your gutters? Go to Gutterhelmet MN dot com.
Speaker 4: Tackle Terry Tooma.
Speaker 2: After this, power to a morning Chill on the Fan.
Speaker 6: Hey, welcome back Dispotch the morning Show. Big Weekend.
Speaker 8: I bet.
Speaker 6: And I go to the Twins opener.
Speaker 2: Uh no, I don't think anybody went to the rest of the games.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, geez, were they really yeah? Oh my god, it was Empties and Understate. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think the announced attendance was the actual attendant.
Speaker 2: That the distaste for the pole edge is clearly the second most likely reason people didn't show up.
Speaker 4: What's the other reason? The abundance of food options?
Speaker 1: Jesus, there are a lot.
Speaker 4: It's confusing.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, I'm not going to go to a game and be like, oh my god, what am I going to eat?
Speaker 4: Take my ball and go home. I do want to go to more games this year, though, but well, I think tickets will be cheap.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Have a problem.
Speaker 6: Can I take your son of a bitch give me an hour?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My god?
Speaker 6: Can you guys cut it down to Taco's burritos and a.
Speaker 4: Dude you drank? Henry Lake works there all right, sauce.
Speaker 2: Are you a better swimmer than Louis? Or is Louis a better swimmer than you? He is better?
Speaker 1: Is better?
Speaker 2: Yea?
Speaker 4: And it was uh first swimming now.
Speaker 5: Let the dog at Foss Swim School, which was very good, great spot, the teacher was great. He cried most of the time because it was his first time, and then he realized his dad was shirtless in the pool with him. But I'll do It'll get Yeah, this is a reason fifty five thousand.
Speaker 4: My wife is a saint. We get there Saturday.
Speaker 5: It's crowded because Saturday is a good day for swim lessons, and we decided that for the first one, I was going to go in the pool with him.
Speaker 4: Well, let's just say I didn't want to.
Speaker 5: We got there and I stood in the doorway and it was packed, and I go, I'm not doing this. I'm not going to the pool. I can't walk out in my bathing suit. You're dark white bathing suit, my swim suit.
Speaker 6: My dude, wouldn't it be great if you'd walked out in one of those man for those man hammocks.
Speaker 4: Or what they llana hammocks. That's it.
Speaker 5: But I'm talking about this is my this is my bathing suit. Isn't this the Four Seasons in Minneapolis? And I go, I can't do it. And I started to back away, and she looks at me, goes, this isn't about you, and I'm like, you're right, I'm gonna do it. So I walked by. No one noticed that I was as white as a ghost and as large as a yetti. And I got in that pool and we did a half hour of swim lessons and it was very It was fun, even though you know he's scared, but it was They did a great job of making him feel not scared.
Speaker 4: And that's part of the process, right, he's getting him over this beer.
Speaker 5: There was a girl and her dad were in there with us, and it was her third lesson and she was a champ and she was great.
Speaker 6: At it, and yeah, so that's great, good job.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was fun everybody, because everybody went to Target the night before. I would assume all the little boys had all the same swimsuit on that they all got a tating bathing suit at the trivia brilliant And yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 5: I'm glad to uh we got him into that. So he'll be hopefully in about three weeks he'll be a better swimmer than I am.
Speaker 4: That's a wonderful thing.
Speaker 6: It's so important enough for a million reasons, obviously, but it's good.
Speaker 4: Well and they just get right into it, which I love. Like he went under.
Speaker 5: They put him under the water a few times to force him to like learn how to do it, and uh, the wall bit where they had him hang on the wall and like kind of push off.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 6: It's like so many other things in life. Man, he hasn't been taught to be afraid yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then when he saw me get out of the water, he was like, oh my god.
Speaker 6: And then you know, did he ever put his little hand on top of your head and push you under it?
Speaker 5: So then you know, uh, my wife posts a picture of us sitting by the pool before he goes in. My man, breasts are pushed together for the most disgusting man cleavage I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can't wait. Some day there's Easter Sunday, Ye sit around the family looking at old pictures and he's gonna say, when did I meet Dolly?
Speaker 4: Party Jesus down?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 4: When did you have huge whos? But yeah, uh yeah it was. It was fun.
Speaker 5: It was I'm glad we did it and we'll be back there again Saturday at Eleven's great activity.
Speaker 1: Yes it is yeah yeah. And it's like crazy how fast they learned.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll be jumping off the diving board doing backflips like next week.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And it's it's neat to see because like it's four lanes and they had like by the fourth lane it was kids like six or seven swimming laps And I'm like, well we have that to look forward.
Speaker 2: So blue dogs hanging on the side of the pool right like a champe and you're a terrible swimmer.
Speaker 4: We've all seen that. Yeah, so you just start drifting away. Yeah, and lou Dog is just.
Speaker 5: There was one point where we I'm not treenty water because like it's not that deep in the shallow.
Speaker 6: And that we were in, it's not anymore.
Speaker 4: But so I had to like hold him and like do these things with them.
Speaker 5: I at one point sat down on the stairs and held him, and I don't I don't think they appreciated how lazy I was.
Speaker 6: They were they okay with the the ducky shaped thing you had around your waist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they couldn't believe it was that large, but yeah it was.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we went.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and obviously with it goes. That's saying you never take your eyes off them, no matter how good a swimmer they are. Yeah, it was such a great thing to be so confident that your kids are going to be okay, you know what I mean. Like Abigail and Alex both did crazy things into the pool, and I was always like I had to fight myself to be like Hey, you'd be careful over there because they were confident, and that's a good thing, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course the water water confidence is good, right, Yeah, of course.
Speaker 6: Did you ever water ski without skis? Just bear foot water ski? Is that ever something you did?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Never got into bare footing.
Speaker 2: I would be a jackass once in a while if I was slalom skiing, I'd put you know, one barefoot on the water, but never both bare feet.
Speaker 4: I never did the full on barefoot skiin.
Speaker 6: I'm doing this thing for a buddy, and uh so I'm reading about that. I had no idea that was even the thing. It seems impossible. I have no idea how you would do that. You get started with no skis on, like or do you get skis? And then he dropped the skis he dropped? Okay, man, that's that seems still seems impossible.
Speaker 4: Don't get like. That's how you learn how to slalom ski too, is right?
Speaker 2: You start with two skis and then you drop one and then put your other foot behind and once you once you get better at slalloming, you don't have to do that. But when you're learning, you just drop one ski. So that's when like when you drop the one. That's when sometimes for a while it's just kind of fun to put your barefoot on the top of the water until you transition it behind the other foot.
Speaker 6: Crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's that part's actually really easy.
Speaker 2: But uh, I never get First of all, to go barefoot skiin you have to go fast than you have to go when you go skiing, otherwise you'll sink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, so the both has to go faster.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that is crazy. I had a cousin that really got into that. Yeah, never did it. I was too busy wakeboarding and showing off to girls.
Speaker 1: I didn't care.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: It's like watch this and they're like Mareen.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile Sauce is staring at you from the doorway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because the moment when they tried to get me up.
Speaker 6: Oh, you're just you can't, can't force yourself out the door.
Speaker 4: Well that, oh I'm not that.
Speaker 6: I know you are in your own head.
Speaker 4: Baby, I do miss that.
Speaker 2: But again, like even even downhill skiing now compared to snowboarding, I know that like the muscle memory's gone. I'm forty five, I'm not fifteen anymore. So like I would love to time travel and go wakeboarding again. But it's like I will ninety eight percent never wakeboard again.
Speaker 6: Right, I just said the same thing two years ago about yeah, skiing though maybe, but I knew that was still possible.
Speaker 2: But like the whole the physics of wakeboarding is more taxing on your body than it is snowboarding. So I don't think I'm going back. He's not coming back. He's not coming back. Man, that was most of my youth.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 6: Honestly, did you ever like slam into a giant fish when you fell off.
Speaker 4: The never felt it?
Speaker 6: I can't believe it. It just seems like it never happened a lot. I'm dumb. I've spent time on the lake. It seems like you've follen hit a musky every time.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you ever hit a fish before Cory ca ancer. I'm dumb.
Speaker 6: So that just seems like there's a lot of them in there.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You miss him, you miss them all?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Sports? After this power Trip morning show on the fin.
Speaker 6: All right, Hey dude, it's time for some four times because lots of sporty things happening. Hey, if you can't hear me right now, will you text me and let me know. He says have dead airs. See if you can't hear me, text mere.
Speaker 8: Joke.
Speaker 2: You get that now for sports presented by Holiday Station Stars, you get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you can't hear him, text him. If you can't hear him, how can you text him?
Speaker 6: I wonder if we do have it says we have dead air. I wonder if we have dead air.
Speaker 1: No, it's it says KFA and dead air. When it's us, it's someone it's someone else?
Speaker 4: Then who cares?
Speaker 6: That might just be a comment by the computer.
Speaker 2: Holiday Station stores Monster three for eight dollars for a limited time mixing match any Monster Energy flavors you want with the purple one today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one wasn't on purpose.
Speaker 4: You must poop your pants. He just leaned forward and it came.
Speaker 1: Out in volunteer.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, is barely true.
Speaker 4: It makes it mass to me? Flavors a Monster you want to Holiday? Thanks? Holiday three for eight bucks.
Speaker 6: I gotta post it. I did a Monster Energy taste test this weekend. Have you ever done those kind of things before? When they put it behind the box, no sounds great. All five of them were delicious. I was I got I got one out of five, and then I had to keep getting them right. So by the time I got done, I drink about half a can of five different cans, right delicious. That's the thing about the snow cross races is the Monster Energy girls come and give you a free win anytime you want it. I mean can of mustrochychees. So I'm all that's my problem. I think I'm all hopped up on Monster Energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back to you, Yep, that's your problem.
Speaker 2: V Minnesota Wild one five to four over the Red Wings. That was a weird game though, a Wild took a four to one lead into the third, but here comes Detroit. They score three straight and tie it with around five minutes or so to go. But then Carell capriz Off scored with one fifty one to go, his third of the game forty third of.
Speaker 4: The year, to get the win for the Minnesota Wild.
Speaker 2: So the Wild hit one hundred points on the season forty four, twenty one and twelve only if she's five three, five games to go, two at home, three on the road, and the Wild they are now just two points behind Dallas and they play at Dallas on Thursday.
Speaker 4: So it looked like it was over right.
Speaker 2: We all we know we're playing them in round one, but home ice is on the line and they are absolutely within striking distance.
Speaker 4: That game on Thursday might be the difference when it's all said and done.
Speaker 1: That'll be great.
Speaker 2: Up next is Tuesday, though, Seattle the Kraken are here than at Dallas Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what a game.
Speaker 5: They got down one nothing on a real weird, lazy goal, and then they scored four straight and then as you said, they Detroit came back with three straight in the third and then Caprice Soft capped it off with the hat trick.
Speaker 4: Big win Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a lazy Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you love a Sunday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wake up in the late afternoon.
Speaker 6: You know it's weird.
Speaker 4: Call Parnell just to see what he's doing.
Speaker 6: I just guessed along the Seattle Cracking have been a team.
Speaker 4: What were you guessing mentally in your head?
Speaker 6: I was wondering if it was ten years.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think the Wild played them something like fourteen times or something, so I think it's probably a year.
Speaker 4: Three or four.
Speaker 6: What says founded in twenty twenty one, So I bet it's the year four because I bet they didn't play the first year something like that and they began play during the twenty twenty one twenty two seasons.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, there you go.
Speaker 6: But it's crazy because there's already another team, the Mammoth, right yeah, well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, that was a what's it called the old move?
Speaker 1: Real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, that was what I was looking for from Arizona. But still yeah, and I think the last two have been home runs. The Mammoth jersey and name looks cool, the logo looks cool, Crack looks cool.
Speaker 1: Should have been the Yetti but well they couldn't do it.
Speaker 6: Two things.
Speaker 2: Remember Yetti wouln't cut him a deal. Remember yetty Coolers wouldn't budget.
Speaker 6: They should have spelled it with a Y and flipped them the birds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or because on Saturday morning I turned on the TV and we'd been watching you should.
Speaker 2: Have turned on the fan tackle Terry Tuma was going to be on your partner whatever, better late than ever.
Speaker 5: What we're saying to get buddy, And whatever channel it had been on was now a fishing show and it went to commercial and there are Yetti like ice houses, but.
Speaker 1: It's y E T t I.
Speaker 6: Yeah, THO has been around for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so maybe that was around before the cooler.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: It might have been, but I had had two teas, so me too. Hey, you guys have computers in front of you. Sure, type in Seattle World's Hockey Champions nineteen seventeen and look at this image of this team roster and tell me it doesn't look like the Saint Valentine's Day massacre.
Speaker 4: It just looks like they do.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The guy up here in the second from the top right looks like Josh Dummel. The guy below him got hit by a train in the face. Oh my god. Look at Connor O'Brien play for the squad down the bottom left hand corner. You got in a lot of fights obviously.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Metropolitan Corners Dubs.
Speaker 6: Look at that dumb hat the guy in the second from the left on the bottoms wearing. That's what a silly hat that is. I don't know why I mean about the same.
Speaker 1: Why you mean these guys were cool too, though?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because this is the uniform. They had no helmets or face mask. This is what they wore on the ice. They just came off the ice.
Speaker 4: They fought a lot.
Speaker 6: Oh you know they did the head too, Sure, because of their faces. No, man, that's that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine how often they hit their wives? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: What what what?
Speaker 4: I didn't say it was for it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What what?
Speaker 1: What the hell?
Speaker 4: What they have those kind of faces. It's the black and white foes.
Speaker 1: God, they did come on, My god, new topics.
Speaker 4: I punched on the ice. They went home. They looked like gangsters. They didn't take any back talk. I guarantee, esus.
Speaker 9: What the hell did I say I was for any of this? I'm saying They're terrible people. And they won the Stanley Cup in nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 2: The World Championship, the World champs were terrible people. I almost guarantee you can't prove that it was that guy's those that guys from the the Men's Warehouse, Uh, George Zimmer Ron something?
Speaker 4: No, No, that was the guy from the Food High, wasn't it Ron Ron, the big John? This is a guy from Men's Warehouse.
Speaker 2: He's like, this is George No, George zimmer Yeah that's what I said that he said, George zimmer Yeah, this is maybe I don't know, George Zimmerman very different than George Zimmer.
Speaker 4: My god, yeah, George Zimmer Zimmer Zimmer.
Speaker 6: Now I look at these sons of bitches a whole different way.
Speaker 3: Leave her alone.
Speaker 1: Is George Zimmer still alive?
Speaker 4: I don't know. Jack Prescott isn't. That was all he did, and he did it well.
Speaker 1: He did bankruptcy, buddy.
Speaker 2: The way that you're saying it, I don't know. My guess is no, uh, he is. He's seventy seven, that's it. Does he still own Men's Warehouse?
Speaker 4: Or is it over? Wronger the CEO? No longer CEO.
Speaker 6: Okay, there's only one of these guys that look like a modern day dude.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: Two, the carpenter, the guy who looks like Dumel, looks like he could be a picture if they colored it, it'd be like, right.
Speaker 1: Now, it's like James Franco a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And then the top left Holmes with that weird had on, that looks like a normal dude right now. To the rest of them, you can tell it ain't from our time.
Speaker 4: See, they had different thoughts on the world.
Speaker 6: I that their coach was a vampire. Though that guy, I'm surprised he's standing in the sunny persons. And then he went home.
Speaker 4: Yep, what's the what's the what's the dude that is immortal from books?
Speaker 1: The Lord j Am mortal from books?
Speaker 6: The glast guy who couldn't look at his picture. Yeah, uh uh, the son of a bitch, the guy who couldn't look at the painting.
Speaker 4: Harry Potter, No, hand, don't know. Don't tell us we're gonna get this.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: I didn't think you were. I thought you were going to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, Dorian Gray's thank you. I was going through the alphabet, got to D and it light all went up.
Speaker 4: You guys do that.
Speaker 2: I literally do that every time I'm struggling for these names. When I said here, I just try to say a sounds and just see if something in my brain goes.
Speaker 4: I got it and I said duh, And I was like Derry and Gray got it. It's actually a great technique. Ye. Nine times out of ten, it frustrates the hell out of man.
Speaker 1: There's a whole alphabet. I got nothing. I gotta go all the way back to a Look at those guys.
Speaker 6: No, I hit them all.
Speaker 2: What if these are the guys who single handily gave women the right to vote?
Speaker 4: And I'm just dead wrongs they were?
Speaker 2: They would they would play hockey all day, and then afterwards they were like, all right, let's go to the protests because these girls need a voice. Man. Little did they know, over one hundred years later, some jackass douchebag was gonna be like.
Speaker 4: I bet they hit their wives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when they were the champions of feminism things about them, yeah, I mean, and their faces are doing them any favors in terms of looking like good dudes.
Speaker 4: They look like a holes And I would hideous.
Speaker 2: I would know, Unlike Dorian Gray, I do look at my own picture once in a while.
Speaker 1: I know what we look like.
Speaker 6: That's the entire roster. By the way, there's like four guys.
Speaker 4: It's like the Gopher basketball.
Speaker 2: If one guy went to the penalty box, they had to forfeit because they were short on guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a very small roster.
Speaker 6: I'll tell you who got in trouble if you went to the pole the box.
Speaker 4: Oh god, wait, are you for or against that?
Speaker 6: I am not even sure it happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're obviously they can't sue us. Now they might the R.
Speaker 6: Five four nine Alert maple what she's in need trouble, Lock the door, she's.
Speaker 2: In need troubles. You need a hearing test. Last week we have asid blow and now she's got knee trouble. Not the only test you need. Yeah, you need a blood test. Check your iron levels.
Speaker 4: All right, Lever will be here in a second. We'll do what really matters, because we only got.
Speaker 2: Really to the wild score before we went down domestic battery in nineteen seventeen. Well you enabled it, that was it was partially your fault. More of the Power Joe Morning Show after this on the Van Man, a groovy.
Speaker 6: Welcome back part of Morning Show.
Speaker 5: Here we are.
Speaker 6: We did one sport, one score, one thing, and now we'll do more. Ye really matters, that's right.
Speaker 2: And it's brought to you by my friends at Ovo Lasik and Lens the Legends of Lasik, doctor Mark Lobanof and doctor David White.
Speaker 4: And go get Lasik from those two.
Speaker 6: I think again, I'll o v oh. They had to pay for the right man, and they should. They should put it.
Speaker 4: It's a really good idea jingle out.
Speaker 6: What do they say? Oh, they just say OEO.
Speaker 4: I think it's OEO and Wizard of Oz. Yeah, vo oh, jesus, I mean that's that's a home run. Yeah, right, just have people slowly marching to get lasick. Yeah, like the yeah, like exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Weird hats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what were those in the Wizard of Oz? The soldiers that were the guards that were wearing those hats. Yeah, those are strange hats. Yeah, it's an interesting choice. They were sort of very Russian hats, very yeah, cartoonishly high.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh. The Tampa Bay Rays one four to one over the Twins and ten innings of Twins are now three and six. They get their loan run on a Walner home run. He already has three three good for him three nine games.
Speaker 4: It was a blast. Who It literally went out of the park.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The Twins are hitting one ninety two as a team. Oh and Buxton is in the middle of an oh for nineteen slump. He's hitting one thirty three.
Speaker 6: You have figured it out.
Speaker 4: They've had six hits in their last two games.
Speaker 6: Can be cooled off of it.
Speaker 2: They are hosting the Tigers tonight at six forty oh, rapper, Well, that'll be a packed affair.
Speaker 4: Tiger Tiger.
Speaker 6: What's the uh, what's the weather look like today? That's forty yeah, Well, what really matters is this, you guys might not know this, but yesterday was April fifth, and yesterday was a terrible day to be a rock star in history. April fifth marked the death of rock and roll Hall of Fame singer songwriter Jean Pitney.
Speaker 4: Who yah, look it up, Jeane Pitney.
Speaker 6: Jean Pitney, Yeah, yeah, what.
Speaker 4: Kind of slammers of that guy have?
Speaker 1: That was a guy?
Speaker 6: This is a dude. Jean Pitney found dead at the age of sixty five. I've never heard of him on April fifth.
Speaker 4: Was he a part of a band or just a solo guy?
Speaker 6: I think he might have been both. Former Kiss guitarist Mark Saint John passed away at the age of fifty one on April fifth.
Speaker 4: What band was he in? Cure?
Speaker 6: A guy by the name of Jim Marshall, Not that one, the other one. The father of a loud of the man who created the Marshall amplifier died on April fifth.
Speaker 2: Geez Cozy Powell, the luxury rock drummer, I'm getting trolled.
Speaker 4: Hold on, these are fake people.
Speaker 6: Stayed with me. He was a drummer for Jeff Beck, Rainbow and Black Sabbath. Cozy Cozy Palace, oz Wyes. He died in nineteen ninety eight. On April fifth, Bob bear Heit, who was the lead singer of Oh Yeah You're Can't Heat, He died on April fifth and nineteen eighty one. On April fifth of two thousand and two, Lane Staley died, And on April fifth.
Speaker 4: I thought it was earlier than that. That's crazy, oh too, huh oh two.
Speaker 6: And on April fifth of nineteen ninety four, Kurt Cobain died. Kirk Cobain, Lane Staley, Bob bear Height, Cozy Powell, Mark Saint John, Geen Pitney, Jim Marshall All died.
Speaker 10: On April fifths, Gez the day the music died. Pardon death, that's said, Yeah, right, you lose anybody yesterday?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I mean we did, but not probably, but not Jean Pitney. No, not Jean Pitney or Cozy Powell or Cozy Powell.
Speaker 6: So I love that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you used to sing it the time.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Timberwolves lost to the Hornets, the Charlotte Hornets of al Anaheim one twenty two to oneh eight. You know, Charlott hasn't made the playoffs in ten years, and it looks like they're going to because they're red hot. LaMelo Ball thirty five points eight assists. Conk Nipple, Yes, Chris, that's a guy's name.
Speaker 4: His name.
Speaker 6: Ye, Now you're tie year.
Speaker 4: He's going to be neck and neck with Cooper flag for Rookie of the Year. Make one.
Speaker 6: What now Cooper?
Speaker 2: Why Conka nipple? The other one's Cooper flag? First pick in the draft?
Speaker 4: Concu is Connie? Is he Ascannie? Originally? I'm not sure?
Speaker 1: Why do I?
Speaker 4: I feel like he's from Wisconsin? Is that accurate? He is from Yeah, he was born in Milwaukee, Milwaukee. He's a Milwaukee guy.
Speaker 6: I used to go to local prisons and just to get myself some conkinipple.
Speaker 5: God, you need help, you need help, You need him explain that joke. Uh, well, CON's is in like people have committed crimes. Nipple is in the part of the women's.
Speaker 4: Body he likes.
Speaker 2: Then I was told I could just go to hang On, hang On. He never said it was a women's prison. Yeah, you're right, that's right, you just had local prison. I have probably probably loves dude nipples too. Yeah, maybe they're a little hairy for my taste. Hey, the wolves are all but locked into sixth now they have four games left. They are three games out of fifth, but three games ahead of seventh. So I mean, I mean they are fluttering though, Yeah, I mean they have no ants. And but again, here's the thing. The Los Angeles Lakers of Anaheim are just floating. But they're in third, but they're barely in third. I think they're tied. Actually with tiebreaker, I think they're technically in third. Point is is sixth would be ideal if you run into the Lakers right now without without Austin Reeves and without Luka Doncac Brownie's getting minutes. But I'm saying your two best players are out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta have your fingers crossed through the Wolves that the Lakers find a way to stay in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got a few games though I don't know how they're going to but we gotta hope that they do. Yeah, then you would see the spurs in round two. But still you're either seeing the spurs of the thunder in round two. So it's there's not a good draw in round two, even if you get past round one. What really matters though, is this.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, gentlemen, yes, I would like to talk to you about something you've never heard of before. And I'm glad benis here because he's gonna care about this very much.
Speaker 1: Good timing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's called polyphagia p O L Y p h A g I A polyphagia.
Speaker 4: Can I guess what it means?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: It's is it face related?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: No polyphagia, so many something go bacteria, nop, holypasia.
Speaker 6: Let me take you back to the year seventeen fifty four, Ben, please do. We'll after that. That's the year this guy was born. Doctor Pierre Francois Pierce what are you laughing at?
Speaker 4: That's a funny name.
Speaker 6: Was a French military surgeon, and he's most famous for documenting the extreme medical case of Taira of what tyrar t A R R A r E, an eighteenth century French man with polyphasia, an insatiable pathological hunger.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's what Listen to this, dude. Yeah, that's what polyphaesia is. Percy's eighteen oh four report details to our's ability to consume massive quantities of food, including live animals and even inedible objects, due to an unknown condition that made him hungry slash starving all the time.
Speaker 4: Sauce, oust sneak out safe, some of whom.
Speaker 6: For late there was always room. He was constantly hungry, able to eat enough for fifteen people, yet remaining thin.
Speaker 4: Oh lucky.
Speaker 1: Well that's the best part.
Speaker 6: Here's the worst part. Suffered from severe diarrhea, oh deadly back in the day, and possessed abnormal body heat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: All these things I'm about to tell you are documented by medical surgeon who was well respected and take it as you may person reported the tarrar eight raw meat, snakes, puppies. Yes, I said it, puppies. Eels tried to eat dangerous materials when he was in the hospital because he was too hungry. He needed to eat. He couldn't help himself, puppies. Despite tests, no cause was ever found. In the eighteenth century, despite his unusual diet, he was underweight, and except for his eating habits, he showed no signs of mental illness other than what was described as an apathetic temperament. Well, yeah, it's not the best life. Also doing Okay, I love this puppy, but I'm gonna have to eat it. But here's something even crazier than I'm about to tell you. This is document that this is true. What I'm about to tell you, it's true. Of course, General Alexandre de Bleus said, you know what, we can use this some bitch. So they made him consume a secret document, figuring he could pass through enemy lines and even if they caught him, they wouldn't be able to figure out what was going on, right, I have a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so they said the end of the story.
Speaker 6: They send the the gentleman through the enemy lines, German enemy lines. He's French again. Problem is he doesn't know how to speak German at all, and he's always hungry.
Speaker 4: Have I mentioned that part?
Speaker 6: So they put this message in a tube and make him consume it.
Speaker 4: That was my question. Is this a message in a bottle of situation?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: What do you I mean?
Speaker 6: Because most of the time when he ate, he didn't chew, he just swallowed things whole. He had an abnormally huge mouth. That's not a joke.
Speaker 10: I'm telling you all, this is true, okayiscape parties.
Speaker 6: But he got caught because again pretty obvious, dude can't speak anything but French and we're fighting the war against the French here and we're German. And as soon as they caught him and put him in jail. They were like, what's going on, monsieur there German. What he's like, listen, I'll tell you everything. Just give me something to eat. I'm dying over here. And so they did. They gave him food and he said, yeah, here's the situation. There's a tube inside me. It's coming out soon. There's a message in there.
Speaker 1: So he's like Chunk from Goonies, exactly right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he passes it. But here's the thing. General Alexandre de bra wasn't sure this is going to work, so he just basically wrote on the test message test dot dot test do dot, test do dot, because he figured the guy might get caught. And he did get caught, and they waited for his poopy to come out.
Speaker 1: They opened the tube.
Speaker 6: In the tube was a piece of paper that just basically said testing one two testing one too. So the Germans are so pissed they go, we're going to execute you. So they put him up after they beat him severely in front of a firing squad and then said just kidding what they pretended? Yeah, and they let him go. Yeah, chasen to buy this experience. He he went back to France and said, guys, you gotta help me. I can't stop eating. I'm hungry all the time. Something is wrong with me. Please. But they were like, we got nothing for you, brother. So he disappeared, couldn't keep on a controlled diet, snuck out of the hospital when he was later admitted, and was found scavenging, scavenging for awful and gutters. Don't even look it up if you don't know what awful is. If you do, I'm sorry. He would be found outside butcher shops begging for blood to drink. What just any kind of sustenance. Then, ladies and gentlemen, Yes, it's true. They caught him in a morgue. All of this is documented. Guys, I can't believe this has not been a movie of some kind. Just name it awful. And then, ladies and gentlemen, A baby disappeared.
Speaker 1: No it did not, it did.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Look it up.
Speaker 6: Everything I'm telling you is true.
Speaker 1: A baby they shot.
Speaker 6: They can't prove that the fat bastard ate the baby.
Speaker 4: Poor fat bastard.
Speaker 6: Well he never did.
Speaker 1: I just up well editorial.
Speaker 6: Finally, he was gone for four years, eating just god knows what he showed up in Versailles with a severe case of tuberculosis and then died and yes, I looked it up of something called exudative diarrhea. Whoa diarrhea is so bad that he killed him. It's a type of inflammatory diarrhea characterized by the oozing of blood lucas, yes, and plasma.
Speaker 1: Oh why did you bring that up?
Speaker 6: He died at the age of twenty one years old. All that happened, All of that happened, I pictured like a fifty year old Yeah, man, what.
Speaker 11: Else I picture? When the Germans said, psych, we're not going to kill you. They're not going to kill you. They made him walk across the border with his pants around his ankles, sucking his thumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I eat it, Yeah you would, man, keep fucking.
Speaker 2: That was walking, he said, walking, said with the v all of us just missed one heartbeat, he said, walking?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, easy guys.
Speaker 1: Don't you know you're German?
Speaker 6: Oh? Oh, that was the way Polyphaedia has been now researched because he's not the last person ever have it. Now we understand a little bit more. Extreme hunger that does not subside after eating, often accompanied by weight loss or extreme thirst, Unlike regular hunger. Polyphagia is a medical symptom indicating the body is not receiving or using fuel properly, commonly linked to diabetes one or two, Graves disease, or psychological conditions. So people are still experiencing polyphagia in this modern I think he had some sort of psychological issues along with polyphysia. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I would say so, Yeah, I would guess y yeah, yep, yep, there you go.
Speaker 4: Wow. You know, knowing is half the sauce. You've never eaten a baby? No, you've never eaten a puppy? No, man, keep killing it, man, Yeah, thanks man. Things are going my way, they really are, you.
Speaker 6: Know what, sauce keep walking?
Speaker 1: You're not saying that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank god he isn't.
Speaker 2: We're just glad you did more of what really matters in Ben Leber after this power to you morning shoe fan.
Speaker 6: Yah, welcome back, waiting and watching it wondering why it's the power of morning show. Ben Leber's here, Hi, Ben, how was your weekend? Anything new?
Speaker 1: Let's see, I wouldn't saw project hil Mary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stup right there. Then, before we go on with the rest of your weekend, your thoughts. I loved it, Yeah, super fun right, I love.
Speaker 4: Right, yeap.
Speaker 11: My My biggest complaint is not so much it's not the movie at all, it's just the movie experience was really annoying because it was a legit thirty minutes of previews. It was just it was thirty minutes of lead up from my boys and I got there. And this is a little bit my fault because I, yes, I should know that there's a lengthy amount of previews.
Speaker 1: And we went to a theater.
Speaker 11: Much like a lot of theaters, we have assigned seating, so it wasn't like, oh my gosh, I have to get there if it's going to be so packed. I don't want to get stuck in the front row. So I had we had assigned seats, but I when I booked the tickets, there weren't a lot of seats available, so I knew it was gonna be packed, and so I did plan ahead. I'm like, let's get there a little early so we can get our snacky snacks and we can get yeah uh.
Speaker 1: Because that's probably the most important part.
Speaker 11: So we do all that, We navigate that fine, it's not as crazy, and we sit in our seats, and it's about six right, right at six fifteen when the when the show time starts.
Speaker 6: You know, that's what it's supposed to be on.
Speaker 11: Yet, right it was I'm not kidding. It was six forty five when they finally when the movie finally started, I'm like, this is just egregiously ridiculous. Like I don't want to sit here for thirty minutes before a two and a half hour movie or over two hour movie.
Speaker 1: It's it's dumb, it's too much.
Speaker 4: I don't know how the young people feel.
Speaker 2: But previews is part of the nostalgic theater experience, right, yeah, with the right amount, I have zero problems sitting through you know, maybe two or three, but thirty minutes is preposterous, right, it wasn't it?
Speaker 4: Maybe like seven eight nine minutes worth. That's not the end, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: There were three previews.
Speaker 4: The rest were ads, Oh yeah, that's too much. Yeah that's that's yeah.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm like this, this is this is like I was.
Speaker 11: I was very annoyed before the movie even started, but then when the movie started, I thought it was fantastic. Man, Like the Goose should win something for this. Yeah, he was great I could not believe.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 4: I just didn't.
Speaker 11: I don't when I think about great actors, I don't think about him in this movie. It he was so good, so good to carry the whole movie to be funny, the timing of lines. Obviously, he's acting in front of some sort of animatronic green goblin or whatever.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 11: I don't want to give too much away, obviously, but like it's not a real person that he's probably interacting with for half the movie.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I thought he was great. I thought it was fun I thought it was funny. Yeah, you have to kind of stretch your imagination a little bit. There are some just holes in the logic of what happens, but that's that's fine.
Speaker 1: I thought I was really good.
Speaker 2: The movie's good enough where you do get to skip over the nonsense right one hundred percent. If they fumble the bag on the rest of it, then you roll your eyes. But they nailed every other aspect DEVI it, so the times that you normally would go like, what are they doing, it didn't even bother me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the rest of it's so good. Ye.
Speaker 11: I think I think you even mentioned this that there are parts in that that that surprisingly are emotional A ton, Yeah, a lot. And I was surprised because even Wells was like he he admitted a couple of times afterwards, He's like, I was so sad in this part, and it was.
Speaker 1: Like I was so sad that I'm like, I know, I can't believe. I can't believe. It got to me like that too. It was really good.
Speaker 11: And then and then last night we started on Netflix something bad is going to happen.
Speaker 1: Have you guys seen that?
Speaker 4: I've just heard about it.
Speaker 11: No, my goodness, No, I only got through the first episode because that's all that all the time I had it is it is freaky from like the jump from the jump, it's like you are you are on edge the whole episode.
Speaker 2: That was the way it was described to me is that the tension never stops to the never where it's hard to watch because you're just uncomfortable the whole time waiting for something bad to happen.
Speaker 1: Abby was like, let's watch another one. I like, I know, like I need too much. It's too much. It was too much tension.
Speaker 11: Wow, And it's not for late at night getting ready to go to bed, like I don't want all this anxiety right now, Like this is maybe we watched this at seven o'clock at night, not at nine thirty at night.
Speaker 4: And watched like two episodes of the Office to cleanse your palate and go to bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, that was basically my weekend.
Speaker 11: We did the Easter brunch thing and that was fine, and you know, took the kids to the baseball field after that and worked on some baseball stuff and that was it.
Speaker 4: I thought you may maybe like target field, but it was just a baseball field.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: Target field has way too many food options.
Speaker 1: They really do. It's overwhelming. Who wants all that?
Speaker 4: It's way too many choices.
Speaker 1: If you brought your whole family you would have doubled the occupancy yesterday.
Speaker 4: Right now, it's sad.
Speaker 1: Anyway, hope you guys had a good weekend.
Speaker 6: Thank you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you? I did all right? Should we do more of what matters and learn more?
Speaker 6: O my god? Yes?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Tonight is a national title game for men's college basketball, Number one Michigan versus number two Yukon. Michigan is a seven and a half point favorite on DraftKings.
Speaker 4: That game is in Indy.
Speaker 2: So here's your core Versus four update. Marnie and Tommy have already lost. They have lost all four teams, so they're out. So they've already paid me right fast Paymas makes a fast friends as a superstar. Mike Morris Uston said, he's right, your word is your bond. Those two have paid immediately because they're out. Kurt, Bill, Ben, Buddy, just listen. Out of the other six though out in the cour versus four, the other six five have Michigan.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 2: One person has Yukon. The only person that picked Yukon was Ben Leber.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 2: So Ben and I are tiering for Yukon. Everybody else's cheering for Michigan.
Speaker 4: Michigan, so he's you and me.
Speaker 9: Ben.
Speaker 4: I want the Husky tonight to win their third title in four years.
Speaker 6: Come on, Michigan.
Speaker 2: Michigan looks like the better team. But again, this is the pedigree, right You kind OF's been there and done this. Michigan hasn't. So let's see if Michigan can do it because they're big favorites.
Speaker 5: Tonight, Michigan beat the team we all thought would win it by eighteen and.
Speaker 4: That game was over in the first ten minutes. Team it was. I know there was a there was a time where Arizona went on.
Speaker 2: Like a nine zip run or eleven or something run and got it down to like seven, and then Michigan was like, all right, enough of this, and then blew it right back to like sixteen, and then it was almost thirty at one point, like that game was over by halftime.
Speaker 5: Without their best player and maybe most of it. And I'm sure Corey you have this well, is this correct that they have scored ninety points in every game in the tournament? That is correct, first time it's ever happened.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, They're an absolute truck right now. So Michigan versus the Huskies and I ben and I versus the world. So I either win, either net six hundred dollars if UKON wins, or I net a two hundred dollars loss, which if Michigan wins, which is fine because I just did one Arizona to win, where I would have lost all eight hundred and so now that that's off the table, I'm kind of free rolling tonight.
Speaker 5: We're fine even a Fewukon wins or excuse me, Michigan wins. You still have your golf bet entry think about that.
Speaker 4: I still have my golf bet entries. You you you got your money for your for the golf bet two hundred bucks. No, I'm losing two hundred dollars. Oh I thought you would, you know, I said, he said, two hundred dollars loss from Michigan. I win six hundred with Yukon. I lose two hundred of Michigan. I don't understand money works, but go Michigan. Well you have polyophagia.
Speaker 6: What really matters, though, is is this faia?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's that would be your garbage paid?
Speaker 1: Is it a picture of him eating a baby or a puppy?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Won in both hands. Oh man, uh, he actually is expected to play. We're looking at it right now on on sports.
Speaker 4: Yes, do you know that hawk?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is kind of a monster mcln ankle issues. But yeah, he rolled his ankle really poorly. Really, that looked like it hurt Michigan guy or you Michigan, Michigan, Well you better be better.
Speaker 11: Well he came back after the locker room and just nailed down two threes.
Speaker 4: Yeah whatever, They did most of that dominating without him, they really did.
Speaker 1: Yep, yep, all.
Speaker 6: Right, what really matters though, is this hey is April sixth And on April sixth of eighteen ninety six, the Olympic Games, a long lost tradition of ancient Greece, were were born in Athens fifteen hundred years after being banned by Roman Emperor Theodosius the First He was no fun.
Speaker 4: He wasn't.
Speaker 6: At the opening of the Athens Games, King Giorgios one of Greece and a crowd of sixty thousand spectators walking ba athletes from thirteen different nations to the international competition. And it all started on this day in eighteen ninety six. Some of the events included, you know, normal stuff like running the one hundred meters of foreigner meters, pole vault, shot put, discus, stuff like that. The first actual marathon happened from Marathon to Athens in honor of the legend of Fidipities. The swimming events actually took place in the ocean, not in a pool. The gymnastics were held outdoors in the Panatheonic Stadium, which believed around us where the marathon ends, and I ended the Athens Marathon in that stadium. Pretty cool. They did the rings, the parallel balls.
Speaker 4: The.
Speaker 6: Parallel bars.
Speaker 1: How they juggle those?
Speaker 6: Yeah? They weightlifting, wrestling, And the very first winner of any any event in fifteen hundred years was American James B. Connolly, who won the triple jump on the very first day of competition. Wow, so there you go, eighteen ninety six.
Speaker 2: I'm a big fan. Love the Olympics. Yeah, fun watch the Olympics are great. It was good this year was entering this year.
Speaker 6: That's the stadium right there.
Speaker 1: I wonder how many nations were represented back then?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that what you said?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I missed that.
Speaker 6: That's okay. We came in right here.
Speaker 4: And what was it this year? Ninety something? Did we hear what I think?
Speaker 2: I think this year for the Winter Olympics, it was ninety something.
Speaker 4: You asked how many one gold?
Speaker 1: And it was I don't remember what you said?
Speaker 4: Cool?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean neither did you though? Relax?
Speaker 4: I did saying I said cool? I was relaxed. This is Chillney. Yeah, yeah, this is low key me.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Okay, don't make him join the Seattle's first International.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he'll start hitting. I'm not married to you, not yet, not yet.
Speaker 2: Yesterday the women's title was an absolutely wow. UCLA wins their first ever national title in women's basketball seventy nine fifty one over South Carolina and the coaches got along. Yeah, a twenty eight point win. That is the third biggest margin of VIC in D one women's history. UCLA never trailed and it is their thirty first straight win.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't feel.
Speaker 2: One of the worst weekends of anybody was Gino. Right, he got just I mean, he just throw an absolute fit. Everybody's like, this is the sorest loser in the history of winners. Right, He's one of the all time winners, and all he does when he loses is throw an absolute fit. It's like, no, you gotta I know you don't lose very often, but when you do, you gotta find a way to just shake hands and walk away, man, instead of throwing a giant tantrum every time.
Speaker 5: Did you see the side by side video of his player tearing her jersey and then him saying that it should have been called a foul even though she did it to herself, And all these people are like, how do you not know?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 4: Not a great weekend?
Speaker 1: For what are we doing?
Speaker 6: What are we doing?
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 4: Do you watch SNL speaking of Jeremy Colehayn.
Speaker 6: There there's some good moments.
Speaker 2: I have a music related question based on Jack White because Jack White was the musical guest on SNL. So his first song comes out rips this really cool guitar riff at riff, and you know, either like Jack White you don't. And I'm a fan, but a really distant fan, Like I'm the kid's super talented, He's insane on guitar, he's got cool hooks. The guy's just pure rock and roll, Like I get it. And I thought, like, I have never owned a White Stripes or a Jack White album. And now it's different because people don't really buy albums anymore, but back in the day, never owned an album from him or any of his projects.
Speaker 4: What was the other one?
Speaker 2: Rock and tours? Right, never had a Jack White album in my life. But I'm like, man, I really like the dude. I just would have never purchased an album. And I thought, who do you guys like the most band or artists that you like the most, but you never purchased an album or ever saw them live? Because that's a fine line because how much can you like him if you're never willing to invest any of your time. I've never once in my life googled or you know, like searched for a Jack White song. I've never been like I got to hear the White Stripes today, never once. Right, I've heard him on the radio. Chris used to play them a lot when we used to play music here. Yeah, I've seen him on SNL his halftime show is that Thanksgiving?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for Detroit. It was fantastic, fantastic. The guy rips.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan.
Speaker 4: He gets and he's an interesting dude.
Speaker 2: If you've heard interviews with him, he's a really good interview I'm fascinated by him. I've invested zero seconds of my life into him, and I'm like, I really like that guy, and I just don't actively care if that makes sense. You guys, have anybody off the top of your head that's in that little gray zone of you really like him, but you don't own any of their stuff?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Creed, You never had a Creed album, never had a Creed album. It was just always on the radio. And you know, yeah, I've never owned a Creed album. And they've never seen them live. No, I've never seen them live. Would you pay to see them live? Probably?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: If they played to you, I guess then slammers.
Speaker 2: Then I would say, then that doesn't count because I'm never gonna pay to see Jack White. Okay, you got to find somebody that you're just like, Nope, not interested anybody else jump off the top of your head, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Eminem interesting.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 6: You know, there's some songs of his, but I've never seen him, and I never would go to one of his shows.
Speaker 2: And you've never like gone on iHeart or Spotify, and man, I want to hear without me by Eminem right now.
Speaker 6: But every time one comes on, I'm like, this is good.
Speaker 3: Man like this.
Speaker 2: That's a huge name, That's what I'm saying. That's a big name to fit in that category. Man, you got one, Max, you got one.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have anything off the top of my head, but I would say that you guys, I've said this before.
Speaker 11: I'm not a huge, huge music guy in that I deep dive on anybody like I like a lot of just music. Superficially. It's the reason why I don't love Prince. You know, I don't know't I didn't get it. I didn't I don't get Prince. So I mean that could be one of them. Like, I respect him, I respect his body of work, never bought an album, would never go to his concert, don't care.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 11: The problem is there are a lot of people that you guys probably would bring up that you guys in g iconic that I would feel the same way. I'm like, yeah, cool. I mean I can listen to the music on the radio and I think it's great. I put them in like the respect column, respect the heck out of them, not spending a night watching them live at a concert and not spending money on an actual album.
Speaker 4: But I like them.
Speaker 2: It's sacrilegious because I'm a born and raised Minnesota and I know you're not. And that's like partially your Print's take, right as you were exposed to him later in life. Yeah, so I would have argued everything you just said about Prince was the same for me until I got asked to go see him at Target Center. Because I never owned a Princes album, I didn't actively seek out print songs. And then I saw him live and I was like, oh man, did I miss the boat on this? Because it was unbelievable. So I was of the production or just him him on guitar I'm like, that's how naive I was with his guitar skills. I'm like, I thought Prince was like a eighties pop singer, Like I had no idea. He shredded like that, See had no idea?
Speaker 1: See again.
Speaker 11: I think that is where I'm I'm a terrible person when it comes to musical influence and and all this musical fandom, because I would listen to a guy like Prince or Santana who are who have known for them for their guitar skills, and be like that's annoying, Like that's that's too much. You know, when when Santana goes on a five minute riff, I'm like, I can't listen to this, this is garbage, you know, Like I don't, I don't look at that, don't listen to that and say that I need more of that. I say, that's great, but can we move on with the song. It's the same thing with Dave Matthews when they go If you like watching Dave Matthews and you're at a live concerto and he plays a song, but then his band goes on for eighteen minutes just just jamming.
Speaker 1: I was like, can we move on here? Like I get it. You guys are all professionals. You don't have to go.
Speaker 11: Maybe a couple of minutes of everybody's showing off their skills. But to do this ten times during the concert, it's a little much.
Speaker 1: What are doing?
Speaker 4: Please stop?
Speaker 1: What is the goal here? Maxwell? I was just I was trying to rack my brain. I think the Beastie Boys would be a good one for me. Like, I like the Beastie Boys a lot, but I have never and like I've never dove into their history. I've never like dived into their discography, and I probably wouldn't see them live discography well said.
Speaker 4: In fact, most artists that I like, I would at least be like, all right, sure I go see them live.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I never got to see the Beastie Boys either.
Speaker 2: There say that one tour where they did it like all in the round and it was a huge deal and I should have gone, and I didn't.
Speaker 5: I saw them at like a Rock the Vote thing with Tenacious D in them, like twenty years Agoacious Tenacious D was Spider.
Speaker 1: They are super fun in the right venue.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're fun. Yeahah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: If you want to see Jack Black sing for real, google him singing Wicked Game by Chris Isaac Yeah, and Kyle from Tanis he's playing guitar. Yeah, phenomenal, who can legitimately sing when he wants to, when he tries to, and he's not doing the cartoonish voice.
Speaker 4: The guy's a good singer.
Speaker 11: He's a legit talent. Yeah, very just in general, he's super funny and then if he needs to play a dramatic role, he can do it.
Speaker 6: Did y see by the way, Oaks daughter sing on stage with with gas No No. She He was playing a show here locally, and he asked if anybody in the audience could do the Jack Black part of one of their songs. Since she raised her hand, he brought her on stage.
Speaker 4: That's true, It's true. I saw the song, don't I don't know? That's amazing. Yeah, wow really.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's a huge fan. Obviously your dad is too. She got to go on stage this video. I saw the video.
Speaker 4: So cool.
Speaker 1: That is sweet?
Speaker 6: Isn't that great?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 4: It's cool?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: The news is there's Michael J.
Speaker 1: Mus Marty, i'musy. He's still talking about the bands evening. Go for it?
Speaker 4: Do you have one in that sweet spot?
Speaker 6: Where hold after the break?
Speaker 2: And tell us you never owned, never owned an album, never seen them live, but the maximum amount of respect for somebody that you've never invested time into.
Speaker 1: I have one and you guys are gonna be really really shocked on what the band is.
Speaker 2: No, that is a tease that and tackle Terry Tuma after this on the fan hold