Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a five seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: Wadna buenosz.
Speaker 3: Fight don't fight, don't fight.
Speaker 5: All Oh why would you do that?
Speaker 3: Kates, Stop worrying about growing old and think about growing up.
Speaker 6: Begong to you Petros and Money in Fact sports life everywhere on the iHeart Radio Appaplex Alert. It is two o'clock. We are getting started home of the NFL. We do have a huge Monday night football contest tonight. Both teams still alive for the playoffs. The forty nine as still alive for the number one seed in the NFC and they control their own destiny if they can win out their final three games. We will have that contest Philip Rivers versus brock Purty, the quarterback matchup we've been longing for, beginning at five pm, and of course it impacts the Rams. They need the Colts to win this one. They need the Seahawks to stub their toe as well, and that would be their path potentially to the number one overall seed in the NFC, on a path to Santa Clara for Super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 3: Well, when you got that game, yes, that's tonight, but we're on before that for three hours, so you'll be able to enjoy the game after three hours of Petrison Money, which can be podcasted or streamed on the iHeartRadio app. Tomorrow will be our last show of the year, from three to six thirty before the Clippers play Houston. So that is Tomorrow's show and that will be it for the Pettersen Money Show for twenty twenty five. We will return for our twentieth year in twenty twenty six, and we are.
Speaker 1: Hopeful hopeful music at Noon, Hopeful Music at Noon.
Speaker 3: That next year finds you well and happy and ready for another year of great sports talk and another season of Dodger Baseball right here on AM five seventy LA Sports, your home.
Speaker 5: Of the Dodgers World Champs.
Speaker 3: Now, a lot of people are riled up about the USC Notre Dame situation. We will address as it should be, the USC Notre Dame situation throughout the show. Well, there's some people that aren't riled up at all, Like Colin Cowherd tweeted out.
Speaker 5: Well, he's an idiot.
Speaker 3: When you're a full and committed member of an elite conference like USC and the Big Ten, you no longer need semi committed rivals from weaker conferences. The Trojans were increasingly making the bigger sacrifice, So thank you.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 3: Well, it's Colin Cowherd like doing gymnastics, and look at we've all sacrificed a certain amount of dignity to allow for modern college football to exist in the way it does, and just cover it with a smile on their face. The entire college football Playoff and ESPN and what they own and don't own is the true definition of wagging the dog. They control all of this stuff and then they have a twenty four hour argument about it on the networks that they use to control the sport with. So we've all compromised a lot.
Speaker 6: I mean, I guess we should have. Right Look, Utah BYU or Oregon State like it's all come to a crashing halt. Sadly well, Utah BYU started up again again. Oregon Oregon State plays every year, the Apple Cup plays every year. It's up to the schools to figure it out. Oklahoma Texas is finally back on again. Yeah, they're being gone for a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Bedlam is gone. But again it is up to the schools to figure this thing out. And USC Notre Dame, because it was an intersectional rivalry, was not supposed to be or fall victim to conference realignment, and it has because Lincoln Riley started talking about it when he got the job before Gen Cohen. Lincoln Riley the USC head coach for how long?
Speaker 6: Talking for years he's been the head coach. He's like, he's connected with the program. Is that the guy we're talking about? He is going in the program to his fifth year in twenty twenty six, and he has been overall a disappointment and he shouldn't get to say it, whether the university does or doesn't play Notre Dame. Jen Cohen should be strong enough to deal with it as the US Athletic Director and make sure that the rivalry continues. And the USC president, which they don't have right now, or the board of trustees has got to figure it out and step in or some donor or somebody. I mean, they've had a year to figure this out, and they've not figured it out. Notre Dame has moved on and scheduled BYU and now the rivalry, if it ever resumes, is not going to be on again until twenty thirty at the earliest. And it is a and they did UCLA tried to what push the idea of we will continue it for two years as long as it's earlier in the season, not in the midst of our right with need of our big tench That's kind of what their compromise was, right, that's what they want.
Speaker 3: That's what well. First of all, no one should have ever said anything, right. They should have put it out there that they should have left it like it was like it was historically, with USC traveling out there before it gets too cold in mid October, not late October, and Notre Dame coming out here when the weather is beautiful to play Thanksgiving Day weekend. They should have left it like that. It should have never been touched. No one should have said anything about it, in my very humble opinion, And I don't know exactly when Lincoln Riley said it. It was when he was still riding pretty high with Caleb Williams in his first year as the quarterback. But Lincoln Riley said something to the effect of we got to look at that or something, and then started to say it publicly. And then USC got a new athletic director and they started negotiating with Notre Dame, and Notre Dame wouldn't bunch, so the USC had to feel like they need to save face and get this moved to a better time a year for them, not in the teeth of when they have to go to places like Nebraska, and the different arguments you hear from people that carry water from modern day college football and USC like Colin Coward, and then it just became a petty, stubborn thing between two gigantic entities. But it started with Lincoln Riley, and shame on Jen Cohen because it's up to her to make sure that the thing keeps going and to a certain degree, shame on Notre Name for not being able to figure it out at the end of the day, as our old boss used to say. And I you know, and I know, it was a much different time. But when USC was beating the snot out of Notre Dame for a decade, you know, from two thousand to twenty ten, you never heard, you know, a a peep from them. And now that USC has lost eight of the last ten to Notre Dame, all of a sudden, this rivalry is not sustainable.
Speaker 5: It's too hard to Matt.
Speaker 3: When I was as nothing was more important in our lives as far as sports went than the football we were playing and USC football, my father, my older brother, myself, my uncle Tommy, my grandfather, Tom Papadakis. We were so intertwined with the thing. And I lived and died watching guys like Rodney Pete, our colleague, and Todd Marinovich and Mark Carrier and Cadillac Cleveland Coulter and all that play. I think within that stretch all the way up until the game in nineteen ninety four, which was bitterly cold at the coliseum, and I was there as a USC football recruit in the tunnel and my brother was playing. I don't think USC beat Notre Dame for thirteen years. I think that game in ninety four was a tie, and no one ever said anything about it. People just wanted to play so bad so you could beat them, and it was a Lou Holtz and Ron Pallace I think a couple years later in ninety six that ended up losing finally at the Coliseum, and that streak of fourteen years not beating USC or not beating Notre Dame was over. No, and you never heard anything like this, we can't beat them, or we don't have a favorable schedule. Just as an example, Matt, you mentioned twenty two to twenty ten and Pete Carroll having a whole bunch of success. Here's a great example. USC's got what Missouri State on the schedule in twenty twenty five and had Georgia Southern on the schedule in twenty twenty five, and you know that's what they're going to do from here on out. They're going to schedule three big cupcakes and then play big ten games, and it's shameful. In twenty oh six, USC's three non conference games were at Arkansas Nebraska and Notre Dame. Yeah, and then they played nine pack twelve games. Pete Carroll wanted to play the best, and you fast forward now nineteen years and you see this level of cowardice and it's hard to swallow.
Speaker 6: It really is Missouri State, Georgia Southern then. Yet somehow Pete figured out how to navigate and win back to back national championships, win double digit games, play meaningful games late in the season, year after year when you had to be one of the two best teams in the country to win a time, not one of the twelve, one of the two. And again, it's not isolating. I get it, it's not isolated to USC. So many these rivalries have been kicked to.
Speaker 3: The Texas Oklahoma never had it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I meant to say Texas, Texas, A and M when Texas left, and now obviously that's back with A and M rejoining.
Speaker 5: That was my bad, My apologies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this was supposed to be bigger than all of those. At least it was for those of us that played at USSE and for those of us that played at Notre Dame. I know people feel the same. I was proud that Keishawn Johnson, who's long been a media guy and a very outspoken guy who does not very often. I mean, he grew up in the shadow of the coliseum and the university. He was a USC ball boy. He ended up going to a JC and then playing at USC. Definitely not an easy path. And Keishawn almost never criticizes USC or the school and the athletic program because they've done so much for him and it's so much a part of his identity. But even Keishan has been he's he went off today. Here's Keishaan on Twitter.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the f is going on with our athletic department.
Speaker 7: Okay, we got people in there that are not Trojans, that don't know anything about being a trojan running our athletic department. We got a head coach that knows nothing about being a trojan. Why don't we just not play football? How about that We're not gonna play Notre Dame again, possibly till twenty thirty, is what I'm understanding. That doesn't make any sense. I grew up on the Notre Dame USC rivalry, and I'm not one to go in on my athletic department.
Speaker 4: Nor am I one to go in on the USC football coach.
Speaker 7: But if I can remember correctly, I had Lincoln Riley talking about, well, I don't know if I want to play.
Speaker 4: Them in the future.
Speaker 7: You ain't gonna be here in the future, especially if you keep missing the playoffs.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna be here in the future. I promise you that.
Speaker 7: So I don't understand what our athletic department, our administration, okay, our border trustees, border regions, whatever you want to call it. What the hell are they doing? We running from teams now? We running from Notre Dame. Hell, Why don't we run from Oregon in Michigan and Ohio State and Wisconsin. Why don't we just not be in the conference when we pull that move and just play Sacramento State when we play them type of teams you see, Davis, because that's what we want to do. This is crazy. It really is crazy if you think about it. Michigan, Ohio State, one of the biggest rivalries in football. Alabama Rbor Okay, they ain't canceling that. Why would we cancel our biggest rivalry because.
Speaker 4: We can't beat them? Me, Dick, it makes zero sense, man, It's just hard to support this. Program is hard.
Speaker 7: It's really hard to support this program when we keep on doing this type of be stuffed this behavior. I can't, Man, we need trojans doing trojan things.
Speaker 4: We don't need impostors coming in and trying to do trojan things. I'm gonna leave it.
Speaker 3: At that, And I believe that the reason this has happened is corroded leadership. There was nobody to stop this at USC. And as much as I've criticized a lot of the athletic directors and all the different turnover USC has had over the years, a lot of people that have been in that seat over the last few years would have never allowed this to happen. Matt. To answer your question, USC opens up with Fresno State, okay, and Louisiana La Fayette. Oh, that would be just Louisiana. Yeah, the Cajuns with Chyenne there, Pepper mascot.
Speaker 4: I don't know what the if is going on with our athletic department.
Speaker 3: I cannot wait to see what school USC replaces Notre Dame with now.
Speaker 6: I you know, as someone who was again, I remember some of the signature games growing up on the other side.
Speaker 3: Well, you have yeah, you have a United because you grew up uh in the area just right outside of South Basically, when people go to the USC Notre Dame game and they're USC fans and they.
Speaker 5: Go out there, they r s whole town.
Speaker 3: They drive through Matt's region on the way to Notre Dame, so stop.
Speaker 5: People, you might die, but keep driving through it.
Speaker 6: But Yeah, and I just kind of think about the fact that Notre Dame, what was it, uh, three four years ago? Then they are probably five years ago that they put a stop to the Michigan rivalry, and it's not like that was the USC rivalry. Now they didn't kind of go and here's the late seven I mean, they were playing most every year since the late seventies, but it's not s C for you know, damn near a century. So I again, I'm not trying to I'm not trying to say, hey, this is okay, but I'm just asking, like, how much of this do we think with Bavaca running his mouth about the ACC and he's all pissed off about how things went this year, how much of this is on them?
Speaker 3: Like on Notre Dame.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think splitting the pie, like, what's the is it twenty.
Speaker 3: I have I have no idea. They should be. Both of these athletic departments. It's their duty to figure this out for the fans and for the players, and for the former players, and for the sport. So it's their duty to find a middle ground and make sure that there's no pause in college football's greatest rivalry. So in that regard, they both think this started with Lincoln Riley and Jen Cohen has not been strong enough to stop it, and so she's going to go down with him in flames, isn't.
Speaker 6: Isn't it her choice? I mean, she's the athletic directors and she ultimately the one like yeah, but decides He's not the one that coaches don't decide this crap.
Speaker 7: I don't know what the if is going on with our athletic department.
Speaker 3: Well, nobody brought it up before Lincoln Riley. He brought it up. So then people are going to point the finger because no one would have even ever conceived this before this guy from Muleshoe, Texas came out here and started telling yeah, and started telling everybody how a hundred year old rivalry that only took one year off for COVID and took World War Two off it's crazy, I am. I guess I'm not dumbfounded because we've been talking about this for a long time.
Speaker 5: You didn't think it was gonna happen.
Speaker 3: I guess not today. But maybe there's some kind of media timing about that because of the way Notre Dame behaved regarding the Pop Tarts Bowl and the College Football Playoff. But this is totally unrelated other than the fact if you're one of those people like Colin Cowhard that thinks they need to join a conference, Notre Dame doesn't need to join a conference as long as NBC is willing to pay him to have their own TVD Why do they do that? And teams will line up to play them? Say what you will, like us? He needs Notre Dame more. She needs Notre Dame more. That changes every single year, and the circumstance of the schedule and what the years like and what happened in the year. You can't really say who needs who more in any kind of general context.
Speaker 6: Likes Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State they need Notre Dame. That's the way their Big Ten schedule shakes out. You bet you're asked they're going to need Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: It's these people's job to make this work. So in that regard, I would say Notre Dame is also guilty. But this started with USC, and then they both came to the table and there was a lot of scrutiny on what was going to happen, and neither of them could compromise, it seems. And I would rather have USC Notre Dame in September than not have it at all. I think it would be stupid to move it.
Speaker 6: But if you's the middle ground you have to meet to keep USC in it, then you should meet ten.
Speaker 3: For USC means that we have to play Cayenne, the Louisiana Lafayette, and Georgia Southern and like he Sean said, the Sacramento States of the world. Then maybe you just ought to go back to the pack eight or whatever and asked a note to ask Oregon State and Washington State for forgiveness for blowing up their lives. This is pathetic. It's really a sad day, and we're watching college football slip through our fingers. But this was something that these people could have been stewards of and hung onto in a chaotic time to create some semblance of balance and stability and tradition, and they have failed us. The leadership has failed us.
Speaker 6: It's funny, ever since you mentioned that with Pete, I'm just looking at all those You know how much it changed, you know, from when you would get excited about week zero or week one, And here's Pete winning eleven games in a year he opened with Auburn, played number eighteen, Colorado top twenty five.
Speaker 5: Kansas State.
Speaker 3: Aren't scared of anybody, No, I wanted to measure themselves, measure themselves against the best because they're trying to be the best team in the country, not trying to jerrymander their schedule so they can be the fifth team and the big ten to get into the playoff.
Speaker 5: It's sad Ohio State back to back years. Oh wait nine?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean I remember talking to Jim Tressel in the tunnel and is in his sweater ve. Yeah. I know it's a different time and I know things are changing, but this did not have to be this way. And it's kind of the same way with the way the Pac twelve went away. It didn't have to be like this. And now we live in this awkward present and future and it is unfortunate. There's other things to look forward to. Today, we have the state of hate. Perhaps we're going to start out with the state of hate and see where it takes us. Yeah. Probably we'll have a top story of the day as the Chargers. I know he's not going to win Coach of the Year because there's so many other stories he should. Jim Harbaugh has done a heck of a job this year with a pretty beat up team. Yeah, finding ways to win and now creating confidence in December. So we'll talk about that as mad as back from Dallas and we'll have house your weekend. We'll talk more about Seo Notre Dame as the day goes on. It's a sad day in great sports talk, but we're up to the challenge. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer. Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports. Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money on early off at five for the forty nine Ers versus Colts. We hope you're having a great evening. Don't forget this is our second last of the year. You could podcast everything on the iHeartRadio app your smartphone or stream it their live. It is time for the top story of the day.
Speaker 6: Of it well before we get to the the on field p. More importantly, some events occurring off the field that have a direct impact on the Petros and Money Show, and what has a direct impact on us is much more important than things that perhaps are more That's why we spend.
Speaker 3: So much time talking about the schedule.
Speaker 6: We have a proclamation that hangs in our studio. It is a notice to all the other shows that they aren't nearly as successful nor revered.
Speaker 5: As we are. It is from what I mean. You don't think it sensed that signal.
Speaker 3: I mean to me, it speaks to our dedication to localities.
Speaker 6: Certain Frank Yoka Yama gave us a proclamation from the city of Soritos that says, we love you guys, we appreciate you guys. It's a proclamation. P. We only have one key to a city, and that key was bestowed upon us while we were doing a live show in Las Vegas, Nevada. I believe we were at the strat I believe there was a naked city trip involved. That was a long time ago. It was a very long time I was like Batman year one. And that key that was bestowed to us upon us came from the Honorable Mayor Thomas McDermott Junior. He is still the mayor of the city of Hammond, Indiana, a city to which the Petros and Money Show currently owns.
Speaker 5: A key to the city.
Speaker 3: That's where you're from.
Speaker 6: And the headline in the weekend Sunday Northwest Indiana Times reads today or this, yes, just yesterday's paper, with a photo of a giant rig that has a huge drilling mechanism making its way toward Wolf Lake to test I suppose the foundation of the ground. Hammond emerges as serious contender and bears widening stadium search.
Speaker 3: I saw this, and there's other news today about Kansas City going to Kansas.
Speaker 6: So that one is official, you know. Obviously, it's also official that the New York Giants and New York Jets play in New Jersey. The San Francisco forty nine ers play in Santa Clair, a different county than the city of San Francisco. And now after announcement and announcement today. As you just mentioned, p Missouri is losing their second football team in just over a decade. Saint Louis lost the Rams twelve years ago to Los Angeles, and now Kansas City, Missouri will lose the Chiefs to Kansas City, Kansas.
Speaker 3: We're gonna cross this street of here.
Speaker 6: Olath, I believe is going to be getting a practice facility and I multi and a multi purpose shopping district, a destination like the one I traveled to over the weekend where the star is Frisco, Texas, Arlington, Texas, where these football teams can create many cities destinations that go beyond the eight or nine home games they have scheduled for a single season. Do I think the Chicago Bears will move to Hammond, Indiana?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Oh, But I would like to point.
Speaker 3: Out, do we still have our key to the city? Can we frame it?
Speaker 6: I think it's got to be somewhere. I would assume it's somewhere in the office it was given right it's it might be in the day or in one of the cabinets it was given to us. It was a framed key to the city to Hammond, Indiana, which is now in the middle of some major National Football League news as if in fact they are going to really follow up on the Northwest Indiana threat because of the considerably lower taxes and willingness to give the McCaskey family more money than the state of Illinois, which is almost as broke as California. Then maybe we will have a key to the city that will house an actual NFL franchise.
Speaker 3: I'd like to locate that Keyton City and put it up on the wall.
Speaker 6: It's good idea because it would again reinforce the idea of what a successful show we have, how revered we are to the actual football. And good luck to Kansas City, Kansas. I believe that stadium is going to be domed and it will be open in twenty thirty one, along with some sort of shopping district.
Speaker 3: Maybe USC Notre Dame could play there.
Speaker 5: Oh, that'd be great, right there in the middle. To meet in the middle.
Speaker 6: Guys have the same record, They both have championship winning head coaches, they both have franchise quarterbacks. Only one of them controls their path to winning their division in a home game in the playoffs, and yet the eleven and four Chargers are viewed considerably different than the eleven and four Rams. I believe the meme that is making the rounds is the one of Tiger Woods, prim and proper in his Sunday red black pant, perfectly tucked in combo, staring at John Daily with his beard, his cigarette, his loud mouthed pants, and his squatty stature. Eleven and four Chargers. The Rams are plus four hundred favorites, the favorite to win the Lombardi in February. The Chargers are plus two thousand, tied for tenth with the forty nine Ers, who, by the way, also control their path to win in the NFC West. You'll hear a tier tonight against the Colts. The If the forty nine Ers went out they win the NFC West, they will have a home game. If the Chargers win their final two games now they will be champions of the AFC West for the first time since two thousand and nine, just like the forty nine Ers would be champions of the NFC West if they win their final two games, and they would be on top of the toughest division in football this season. But they are viewed, for whatever reason, as a step below the Seahawks and the Rams clearly at plus two thousand to win the Super Bowl the Rams plus four hundred the Seahawks plus five hundred. The Rams look likely to be a wildcard team, which means you got to play an extra game if you're not the one seed. All three of your games if you were to make the Super Bowl would be on the road in order to make it to Super Bowl sixty in Santa Clara. The mess that was the fourth quarter in Seattle set that course. There is still a path to a much easier route, but it does mean watching other teams in the division stumble. The Bolts do not have to do that. All they have to do is win. If they win their final two games Saturday one thirty pm kick at home, nationally televised against the Houston Texans, followed up by a week eighteen trip to Denver against the Broncos, whom they've already defeated in Week three at SOFI Stadium, that would hand them the AFC West crown, the first that doesn't go to Kansas City since two thousand and fourteen. Actually, they haven't made the playoffs since twenty fourteen. They haven't been winners of the AFC West in eight years very well can end up being the Sunday night football game depending on the implications of the aforementioned NFC West forty nine or Seahawks Week eighteen game that will be played in Santa Clara, and really what it is, it's it was supposed to be a gauntlet the national media, the talking heads. You talked about them in the opening segment, the networks that have to come up with something to argue about for twenty four hours a day, because embrace debate. That's what gets the needle movement and people tuning in. The Chargers were the number one team that was mentioned as currently in the playoffs, likely to fade and missed the playoffs. They beat the Raiders. They were eight and four. They sat in the five slot, the top wild card position. Yet everybody pointed to a closing stretch of five games the Eagles on Monday Night football, defending Super Bowl champions, followed by a short week and a ten am kick at Arrowhead against Kansas City, followed by the number one offense in the NFL on the road the Dallas Cowboys, followed by the best defense in the NFL, one that's been top five in the last ten years from the Houston Texans and then a trip to Denver, the team with the best record in the AFC currently in the AFC. Some went as far to say, is I think they finished eight to nine. I don't think they win another game the rest of the season. The struggles of the offense, the offensive line, and then they beat the Eagles, and a lot of people still said, well, ugly game, five field goals. They were beat up. Now they got to go to Kansas City. There's no way Patrick Mahomes can lose this game. He's never lost three in a row. Who cares what we've seen from a team that's six and seven and has not looked.
Speaker 5: Good all year.
Speaker 6: They were fit the Chiefs or the Chiefs were five and a half point favorites. Chargers get that win. The Eagles were favorites at so far. Chargers get that win. And now a team that has been considerably flawed. We've played soundbites from Jerry recently. Not all the time, but recently they were favored by two and a half points to knock off the Chargers. And we say that all to point out Jim Harbaugh just wins man wherever he goes. The odds makers are not. They don't care. They're just trying to set a line that they've been is going to bring in the closest to a fifty to fifty split, and that means, yeah, the other team looks like they're probably gonna win. What's the number where we can get this thing split half and half? So we just clean up on the juice. But Jim Harbaugh wins everywhere he goes.
Speaker 3: They've overcome a lot this year, and I think that's why you had a lot of people picking against them, yea, because they don't have their tackles no, and Justin Herbert has only one arm, and he gets beat up more and more in every game, so they've been defying the odds.
Speaker 6: He is the most pressured, the most hit, the most sacked. This was the first game this season that he was not sacked, not once, and yet they were on their fourth, No, Fifth and sixth offensive tackles Austin Deculus and Bobby Hart. Those two are behind Trey Pipkins and Jamal rig Sallier, who are behind Rashaun Slater and Joe Walt on their fifth and sixth offensive tackles. Understandable why people would have their doubts. It is just their third back to back eleven plus win season in franchise history seventy nine and eighty, two thousand and six, two thousand and seven, and now twenty four and twenty five. And like you said, they did it without Slater, without Joe Walt two not just Pro Bowl but all pro level quality tackles. They smoke the Cowboys for thirty four points again the team's number one overall offense fourth and points, putting up thirty per game, and they had to trade haymakers in the first half, the Cowboys scoring on their first three offensive possessions two touchdowns in a field goal, and the Chargers answering with three touchdowns in the first half and then shut them out in the second half again underdogs. Derwin James says, it's how they prefer it. It's what they'd rather be than a team that's being celebrated on TV about how good they are and how likely they are to win the Super Bowl. I don't get the idea that that's going to happen anytime soon, but speaking to Derwin, he's going to be an All Pro again this year. Tuley is going to be a Pro Bowler maybe our friend Tuley twy p below to usc product thirteen sacks, seventy two pressures, twenty seven run stops for no gain or a loss. He's going to make the Pro Bowl. They're a good eleven win team. It's not always pretty. I think the term you like you.
Speaker 3: Kind of a wooden roller coaster ride batt They've been bunked around.
Speaker 6: A little bit on their n it's a little shaky. You wonder if it's going to pop off the track. Sixteen thirteen over the over the Chief, twenty two to nineteen in overtime over the Eagles, but a double up thirty four to seventeen over the Cowboys give them a little bit of confidence going into this contest on Saturday against the Houston Texans and again to wrap. Most importantly, we do have a key to the city of Hammon and the headline rings Hammond emerges as major contender and bears widening stadium search. I don't know if they'd want us to grab a golden shovel, move a little bit of loose dirt.
Speaker 3: Well, I'd like to get the key up on the wall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the very least.
Speaker 3: And I'd like to think that we deserve some West Covina love.
Speaker 6: I would hope so to the point where we should almost ask Miss January to send us back there and extend an invite to Tony Wu again to see whether or not he wants to come with some hardware.
Speaker 3: I think we deserve it.
Speaker 5: I do too.
Speaker 3: Well. Good luck to the Bolts against the Texans. Notre Dame is on pause. Everybody loves the Bolt fam, especially those people that are in the Bolt Fam. Oh we we have San Francisco, Indianapolis tonight, stay with us. It's Petros and Mondy on AM five seventy LA Sports on this I'm a horse Flex Alert Monday.
Speaker 2: Hello PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and Rondee.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of.
Speaker 2: Record, Clipper Talk with that a Musk, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening, everybody. It's Petros and Money on AM five to seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers. We are your home of great sports talk. We have some Monday night football tonight as well, Niners Colts coming up at five. But right now, because it's Mondays, I'm gonna do what I do. The weekend is mine, so.
Speaker 4: Your wekend.
Speaker 2: How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: Matt? How was your weekend? In Texas? Texas?
Speaker 5: Was good? Friday night?
Speaker 6: Do want to tip the cap to a local spot that we had not been to in a while. The wife and I were solo, so we went to Roma Kuchina there in Sunset Beach. Great great spot if you have not been good food, great service and pasta rway which gives you both the meatball and the sausage. And that's what I want, the ball and the sausage in the same bowl. Saturday Am, I hit the waves for a couple hours before we took off and was running late, and I would like to share a public service announcement. Turns out there's a curb where the four oh five, where the merge from the twenty two to the four h five north is And if you decide to try to hammer the gas and overtake a semi in a pretty asinine maneuver, be sure to pay attention to their curb. Thank god I didn't. I probably had about three inches to spare. I think if I had blown up the curb, I'm not like, I don't think I'm here today like it was, it would have been really bad. I did not realize there was like this eight inch curb right there that probably would have ended poorly. So, yeah, that was a bad idea running late. Just maybe leave ten minutes earlier and you don't have to worry about things like that. On the flight to Dallas again, I was humiliated in scrabble by Shannon Fair and it's it's really getting to be a bit of a burden at this point. We had a big dinner that night. I went to a place called Cup and Bourbon and was sitting with a couple guys that worked on a night.
Speaker 3: If they'd helped serve it with a coup, you're kind of screwed right the floor.
Speaker 6: A couple guys that worked on a few presidential campaigns. So it was fun listening to them going back to the Reagan years about kind of what goes into that. That was a great time. Sunday new schedule. They get us up early man buses at eight thirty am for a noon kickoff in Dallas, so a six am Dallas time alarm to get over to my favorite stadium in the league at and T Stadium, and just they're the best man the Cowboys in terms of hospitality, really take care of you. It's the best spread meal wise. It is a postgame presser where they encourage everyone to hang out. They had a couple beer taps that they that they hook beer up to after the game so everyone can hang out and chat as they get ready to post their stories. So really enjoy sor our friend Steve Berlin there and had a few SIPs with him before we flew home and went out with Parker. He's very nice guy. And went out with Parker because my daughter Peyton's in town from New York, so we ended up going to have a late belated birthday dinner with her since all the girls are in town.
Speaker 5: So it's a pretty great way to spend the holidays. Now. So yeah, good weekend.
Speaker 8: Okay, Tim Friday went to dinner with my wife, a little shopping Saturday.
Speaker 3: Where did you guys go? Mike just broke us?
Speaker 5: What happened?
Speaker 3: You see that? And I was you there? Mike just broke Can you see that bike. You can't see it.
Speaker 8: Saturday went a little do d I Y with the wife. We're making something, uh for an event that she's helping put on.
Speaker 3: And then Sunday, where did you go to dinner? You didn't? Matt said, where he went to dinner goes? Where do you think we win?
Speaker 5: Exactly?
Speaker 8: Don Kuko's I had the Southwest salad with extra dressing and chips and salsa and a margarite.
Speaker 5: That's what I had Friday night.
Speaker 8: So Sunday we went, uh, well, I have seven hours of Raider broadcast over a Compass Media networks across though.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: No, they lost twenty three to twenty one. Moral win question victory?
Speaker 6: Yeah, now, Ashton Jetty didn't look like a real football player, didn't look like he belongs.
Speaker 3: No it.
Speaker 8: Now we get ready for the game of week seventeen at Allegiance. It's the Giants and Raiders to see who will get the first pick in the draft. It's the Fernando Mendoza game. So that was my weekend, Ronnie.
Speaker 9: Nice weekend. Kind of a busy weekend in terms of us prepping for Christmas. We had plans to get together at a relative's house on Christmas Eve. But this atmospheric river thing has kind of put a damper, so to speak, on our plans for Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: So we're going to be an outdoor party.
Speaker 9: It was going to be an outdoor party. It was going to be a combination indoor an outdoor party. So they, you know, they really do their parties up really nice. They've got space, heaters, they've got a huge backyard. At any rate, Plan B is in full effect, which is going to be at my house. So we are now hosting for our immediate family and some of our friends, and so, yeah, you know, you know what that's that's that's a great idea. That's a great idea. And because we're just throwing this thing together, that's probably going to be what we're going to do. And so we went out and purchased a lot of food, a lot of groceries in preparation for hosting. At the last minute, went to Costco, went to Rals, did the whole thing, and on Saturday night we went to dinner as well to treat ourselves for a job well done putting everything together. At the last minute. We went to Mucco Maas and so we had a couple of Margherita's there as well. And Sunday, well had I had one as well? So well my wife had one. Oh, so yeah, she had a pomegranate Margarita and they had an.
Speaker 3: I had more than one. That's all what I'm saying. Okay, he said one, but I bet you had two.
Speaker 9: Oh he said he had one, so I believe him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 9: Sunday we cleaned out the house and made sure everything was was right and ready for everybody to come over for Christmas Eve. And uh, that was pretty much my weekend.
Speaker 5: That was it.
Speaker 9: What about you, Petros any plans for hosting on Christmas Eve?
Speaker 3: No? All right, but I spent most of my weekend watching West Covina City Council meetings on YouTube. Ever since we talked about the West Covina City Council and then met Mayor Tony Wu, I started watching West Covina City Council meetings and I watched basically skimmed through a year. I couldn't stop, and it was embarrassing. And it was so embarrassing, like when my wife would come so good, when my wife would come downstairs, I would like pause it and put on like a football game and act like I was watching the college football playoffs, but in reality, and I'm not even kidding, I was watching West Covina City council meetings. I cannot stop, Matt. I feel like I know these people. Letty Lopez, Brian Gutierrez, Tony Wu, Rosario Diaz also known as Ginger Elliott. It never stops, Matt. I am the city manager. When they change city managers, oh yeah, oh god, and the one guy that speaks with the long hair, John Shoemaker, every single city councilman that I can't get enough, Matt. In fact, I exhausted the whole year, and I was like, should I watch the Planning Commission meetings now? Like I didn't know where to go from there. I've never been so riveted in my life. I spent most of my time doing that alone. I did go to my dad's birthday party at my sister's house, but then got right back to the West Covina guys.
Speaker 5: I got to tie some stuff up at home. I'd love to stay.
Speaker 3: Football season I did not want I did not want it to end, Matt. I mean the next I can't wait till the January twenty twenty sixth meeting.
Speaker 6: I believe you sent me the text, like, hey, you said you were going to send it and I said it's three hours and three minutes, and he rebec I know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Matt, I watch a four hour one. There's that guy do Tierras makes it go forever. He never stops. He's awful. He's a crowball. Are in the in the efficiency of the city And I also went to the Peninsula High School alumni water polo game where the Peninsula High team played the alums because my my brother in law, Simon was playing in his speedo swimming around. He looked pretty good.
Speaker 5: Well you're not gonna wear board shorts to play water pole.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I learned more about Matt water polo watching that one game or a city council work. Yeah, I mean I Fletcher and I went up there and watched that eight alone at.
Speaker 5: The Mountain play.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 5: How'd Simon play?
Speaker 3: He did okay, he attempted a few shots and made some passes, but he did not make a goal. I think that the.
Speaker 5: Big guys anybody's balls underwater.
Speaker 3: Well I couldn't tell, but I could tell that the big guys could drown the young kids, right. But the young kids could outswim the fat guys right.
Speaker 5: At real speed versus power battle.
Speaker 3: It ended in a tie zero zero. I watched just so much West Covina politics. I can't explain how much I watched. I mean I spent hours and hours and hours watching Letty Lopez Viado lose her patience with Brian Gutierrez and Tony Wu just hosts that stuff up like he's Frank Sinachast, like he's up there just kicking ass.
Speaker 6: I love when he gets in the mid it.
Speaker 5: It really is the best.
Speaker 3: Oh, and I watched what happened to the mayor, the previous mayor who was a teacher. He got ousted.
Speaker 5: Oh, the guy all the way to the left.
Speaker 3: No, he's gone, he's gone. Yeah, you missed it. I had to go mad. I went back deep. There was a physical altercation in twenty twenty four with Shoemaker and this guy Elliott and this other guy. It just West Covina politics is my new favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 5: Let's just make it our our go to beach a.
Speaker 3: It would have been the whole show today with clips and everything. If usc Notre Dame didn't end. And I'm not.
Speaker 6: Kidding, No, there's always tomorrow. There is the usc Notre Dame can't be canceled tomorrow after being canceled today.
Speaker 3: You're right about that show word number song coming up next. Sorry for going late, it's just the West Covenion.