Speaker 1: Okay, crazy crazy Saturday right now?
Speaker 2: Holy smokes, Uh, Donna, d here, Sterling. My partner should be on hold.
Speaker 1: I think he is because he's been driving for like, I don't know, two hours, two hours?
Speaker 2: I mean, is it exactly two hours? Sterling?
Speaker 3: Uh, hang on a minute. Here, I'm in the thick of the nastiness. It's two hours and eleven minutes.
Speaker 4: Wow, what my dashboard said?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And normally it's less than a good bit less than an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, So when we I mean that's when we talked earlier and I said, are you sure you're coming in? And you said, oh, yeah, I'm coming in. Oh my gosh, are you regretting it?
Speaker 3: There?
Speaker 2: I did be hold.
Speaker 3: And you have eight seconds away?
Speaker 1: Well I do. It's right behind ken Town Center. But let me tell you it normally takes me five minutes. First of all, there's a lot of people on the road. It was shocking how many people are on the road right now.
Speaker 2: It is a thick, slushy mess on the road.
Speaker 1: And I slipped probably four or five times while getting here in any five minute journey. It was not good. If you don't have to go out, don't go out. That's what I would say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair, but apparently everybody has paid no attention to the warnings and it's been more like rush hour than anything else. Trucks Jack Knight all over the place, people all over off the road to seventy five, seventy five and seventy one. And I'm just now getting off of our exit here at Montgomery Road off of seventy one, so and I can see payment.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 2: I mean, Holly smokes well. I mean we were warned, we were told, they.
Speaker 1: Said it was going to be you know, moved to you know, maybe eight inches of snow.
Speaker 2: I think we're there.
Speaker 1: I mean, we've got to check in because it was crazy just getting in here. But it's gonna be a winter Weather Advisory in effect from seven tonight until eleven Monday morning.
Speaker 2: That's what it says.
Speaker 1: Windshills as low as ten to fifteen below fourteen for the high tomorrow for the Bengals game. And I heard it was going to be record lows in Chicago. I mean, like they're playing a game strilling where it's gonna be record low temperatures.
Speaker 2: Good for the like negative twenty.
Speaker 3: Sure, you got to have a hobby, you know, they're making big bucks. Go ahead, I want to know who's cleaning up, who's cleaning up pay core for those desperate souls that are going to be there tomorrow in ten degrees or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be high, foy, it'll be about ten degrees. I don't know how you do it.
Speaker 1: I really don't know how you do it. How they play in that, and it's just kind of crazy. I'm having a hard time dry an innute. Today is a good day to stay home and just don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: We will have Kathleen Fuller on from Odd Cincinnati to check in here shortly and we'll see exactly how they are approaching this and what kind of the usual stuff. Don't crowd the plows, stay away from the salt being thrown.
Speaker 2: You know all that I've seen.
Speaker 1: I've seen plows on my street twice. Have you seen a bunch of snowplows on.
Speaker 3: The road, a bunch on the interstate?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think they've been around my house.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: All I know is that my dog was not happy that I had to make him come in to get here. So that was a battle because he thought it was a game in the backyard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, this. My dog loves the snow too. It's crazy and it's fun. I do too, I just don't like driving in it. How far do you have, sterling?
Speaker 3: Well, here's what I'm going to do right now. I am going to get in the elevator. So I don't know if this is going to actually continue.
Speaker 2: To work out.
Speaker 3: You just you can handle this on your own.
Speaker 4: You're a professional.
Speaker 2: No, I can't. I cannot.
Speaker 3: No, don't say that out Wow.
Speaker 2: I'll be up in a minute, Bye bye, seeing a zach Wow. So it is. It is crazy out.
Speaker 1: It's it's not that cold, ironically, but it will get very very cold tonight and into tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Ohio fourteen only. Uh So, we are going to have o Dot.
Speaker 1: To talk about, you know, how they're doing plowing and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I've seen them. I think they're doing a really good job.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of snow dumping and it started at noon today. We're also going to have the owner of the Bell and Bear. If you've ever been to the Bell and Bear, which is a cool little spot in Montgomery to see live music, Cares Christopher is going to be on with us to talk about her philanthropic work. It's the season to give, It is the season to be kind to your neighbors. She is raised in the time that she is been the owner almost three hundred thousand dollars for pets and people, so human causes. We're going to talk to her about that coming up at six point thirty. Other than crazy weather, we're gonna talk about, obviously the topic at hand, Joe Burrow, you know, after his his his press conference or interview. You know, he's always such a positive guy talking about you know, he's got to be happy in the game. We're going to talk about what that means. Everybody in the world is talking about that right now, and the coach from Michigan, so we're we're going to get.
Speaker 2: Into all of that.
Speaker 1: I think Sterling is going to be walking in here any minute after a two hour drive.
Speaker 2: Again, just be careful on the roads.
Speaker 1: Yes you have heard it, but I just got here from five minutes down the road and it was slippery and slushy and slidey, and it's just not a good night to be out on the road. Even if you like dry and you think, oh man, I'm good at this, I got it. I got a big car. It's still really a mess out there because I like driving and I don't like driving in this A lot of people on the road, a lot of people Christmas shopping right by the Kenwood Town Center, so you know, just be careful.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, Christmas is so close and it's.
Speaker 1: Really festive and fun to see the snow, but it might be time to get home and stay home. So Saturday night we're gonna come up. I'm gonna be here so hopefully nobody gets sick of me too much. I'm going to be here from six o'clock until twelve midnight tonight for Relationship Radio, We're going to talk about retirement.
Speaker 2: It is on everybody's minds.
Speaker 1: A lot of people are talking about retirement, when too and when not to retire. Oh look there he is finally getting and you are to look like you came from the tundra.
Speaker 2: You got to turn your my there. Wow, Grizzly Adams.
Speaker 6: Got the right hat, boots, snow pants in the car just in case things get sideways. Yes, got basketball on, football on. You're all over the place, cover traffic.
Speaker 1: And I'm talking about some guests we're gonna have on tonight at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna see are.
Speaker 4: You gonna We'll see what happens. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, we have to keep an eye on the roads and thank you is going to be coming.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: We're here for the people, the servants of the people, right, yes, yeah, all right, we're gonna call Kathleen full Earn a bit.
Speaker 4: I don't know what you were doing. I was in the elevation.
Speaker 2: I was just, oh, okay, well we're on the air.
Speaker 1: Everybody has gotten everybody's a little crazy over here because it's, uh, it's one of those nights where you know, maybe you know, we have we have to be here.
Speaker 2: We're happy to be here.
Speaker 1: We're happy to give news and weather and traffic and all the things that you need uh to stay safe on the road.
Speaker 2: But we have to get to and we have to plan on leaving. Crazy day. Almost time for stresses.
Speaker 1: Oh and when I was talking about retirement, so a friend of mine who's been retired this past year, she's coming in with retired Cincinnati police officer is going to come in tonight. I can't believe they're going to be here, but they are, and we're going to talk about UH and go deep dive into retirement and what that means, I don't even want to say it. In terms of Joe Burrow, people speculating that he might be doing this, or you know, a lot of talk around Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: We're going to get into that as well.
Speaker 1: So again, Sterling will be back in a minute, and I am just kind of figuring out what we're doing coming up. Yeah, we're going to call the lady from ODOT and figure out what else is next.
Speaker 2: I have my computer over here, Joe.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break, let me see what Sterling's doing, and we'll come back into and get another uh and get in in another minute. Donna d seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 6: Ah, yeah, here we are fine.
Speaker 4: Saturday.
Speaker 6: Sterling and Donna Dye White knuckling it in on two seventy five and seventy one and slow down a lot extra room.
Speaker 1: People are riding it like I mean they it is crazy. It's crazy. Yeah, slow down, give everybody your enough room.
Speaker 6: And tailgating tractor trailers. And I saw some people right behind. And I talked to Kathleen Fuller about this from o DOT Cincinnati last night, and by the way, she's back with us it was Sterling and Donna on the big one. Kathleen, how are you so?
Speaker 8: I'm doing fine?
Speaker 6: And were you doing well? We we talked about this last night. Don't crowd the plow, stay away from the salt and whatever products being dropped behind it is. It's pushing the snow out of the way. And I kid you not. At least four, maybe five people I saw closer than I would like to be to even myself frankly a lot of the time, and immediately thought to you, so, what is a doing? How is it looking? And what is the plan as we move ahead? I could ask fewer questions, but I know that you know what's up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so the plan is to continue what we're doing, which is really just trying to plow and fight what we've got out there. But it's it is going to be.
Speaker 2: A very long night.
Speaker 9: You know, we already know that the roads are snow covered. People should not expect anything to be clear. You should not expect to see anything better than a wheel track, some even on the inner stace. You know, you're lucky if you see those. So, yeah, it's just gonna be a long night for everybody. It's going to be out especially our crews are going to be fighting this, but it's just basically plows down and just keep doing what we're doing.
Speaker 1: Kathleen, how long between the plows, like, do you go over? Because I've seen two already on my street from today, So what is the you know, is it three out two hours? How how long is it the continuous plowing?
Speaker 9: Well, so we go, you know, o, Doc, we just from the start to the end after we get everything cleaned up, so we'll continue on throughout the entire event and until things are basically cleaned up.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 9: It takes the operator is a very long time though to travel a certain route, so it depends on where you are. You know, we have just a limited number of pile trucks available, and of course every truck is going to be out in this, but they're not going to be at all places at all times. So depending on where you are, you may not it may not look like you've seen a driver or a plild truck on your route. In your case, is I'm glad you did see you know, fairly quick response. But again, it takes a long time to cover a route, so it depends on the roadway of two lane route out in the rural parts of our districts, say in Clinton County or in Prebble County. You know, you have long driver assigned to that route. It can take just two or three hours for them to make one pass, meaning going in one direction from the starting point to the ending point.
Speaker 8: So now it takes couple more hours to get back into a round.
Speaker 9: So it takes a long time to do this. So we don't stop until it's over.
Speaker 1: Wow, and it's ending somewhere in the ten o'clock hour.
Speaker 2: Are you seeing that the same?
Speaker 9: Yeah, So we're saying between ten and eleven, this show should be off most of our area.
Speaker 8: You know, that band, I think is going to dip down just a little bit.
Speaker 9: So if you were in southern part of Claremont County and things are looking kind of good and now they're starting to look bad, it's probably gonna get worse down there, because I think that band is going to dip just a little bit. By eleven o'clock, most of this should be out of the area. Then, of course, our crews are going to continue on during the overnight. They're not going to be going home just because the snow stops.
Speaker 6: Sterling and Donna Dee talking to Kathleen Fuller from O dot Cincinnati. I know there's a spot. Just hear Jack krumbling the news. We'll hear from him again in a bit. Coming up that hill along Kenwood in seventy one is just always a backup with that stretch. So again it's sort of allow extra time and if you don't have to be out. I know it sounds like a broken record. We talked about it before the snow came last night. Don't go out, but it seems like everybody, whether it's Christmas shopping or just it's Saturday, who cares. Let's go have a good time. I'm telling you there's a lot. Yeah, big pull out. It sounds like almost like rush hour today.
Speaker 9: I am watching the cameras right now as we speak. I'm watching this what we call the CIMCI six different cameras from around the scanty area. That's just the thirty sixth in kind of closer to downtown and seventy one. Yes, right around certainly around Red Bank going up through to Montgomery, basically around the Silver pat that northbound is at a crawl and southbound. There was a crash on the Kennwood kind of in the Kenwood area on the southbound side. It was moving over there a little bit better if you don't have to be on I seventy one right now in that area and say avoid it, don't go I seventy one. It is a sales space, but there are a lot of cars out there, a lot of motorists. I see a lot of traffic on these.
Speaker 4: Cameras as you do this.
Speaker 6: I mean, you've been a part of this sort of I don't know what the term is, snow warrior, whatever else. You've been in those trucks. Matt rooning Will I've known forever in a day. It been a part of this too. With Odat, you guys are all over the place again, just sort of to reiterate how many trucks because there's no Everybody always thinks that you're not getting it done, whether it's O DOT, whether it's the city of Cincinnati, because we all instantly expect, as quickly as we might be able to do our walk, that that road and everything else to get where we want to go is going to be as nice and neat as possible, and it takes time. You've got a bunch of people out there in these trucks.
Speaker 8: Right, so we probably have.
Speaker 9: I didn't check the count, but I would say if we're the staffed, we're probably going to be at around one hundred and thirty five, one hundred and forty out there, you know, throughout this event. So you know, that's that's actually quite a few. It doesn't maybe seem like it to everybody else other than a lot, you know. And in all of our southwest region, which would also include Contra District seven areas, so you're talking Montgomery County, Dayton, we're looking at more than two hundred, probably two hundred and thirty trucks out in our whole area. So and you know they're they're getting it down there, they're doing the best they can. But again, you got just this much snow coming down, and it's just been constant since probably around noon or since today at leve o'clock twelve. It hasn't stopped, and so there's not been to break.
Speaker 8: And so all they.
Speaker 9: Can do now is just keep plowing and keep and putting some materials down.
Speaker 8: When they you know, they know what they're doing.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 9: I cannot pretend that I know the all of our fine highway technicians. I don't do a thing about what they do. Honestly, I think I talk about it, but I've never done their job, and I know it's a hard job.
Speaker 8: So and I'm my props to them.
Speaker 1: I know we're we're running, we're running late. But one thing, do you feel like this is going to be an interesting winter, meaning with a lot of snow? I mean, what are your predictions here, because we're already getting some cold, cold, cold snaps and some snow, and it's kind of early for that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, I know, and the technical winner hasn't even started yet. It's kind of it's kind of more running, I guess. But I think we're gonna have a cold winter for our area. As much I don't know about snow, you know, it looks like we're going to have a very kind of a more snowy type of winter season that will typically do. But I think we are going to have a cold winter so we've had, you know, I think it's like last year's kind of mine all over.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so I'm expecting it to be cold.
Speaker 9: I'm hoping I wrong, but I after doing this for so many years, I'm kind of feeling and talking to of other people hearing what some of our folks and how I Management Department had said.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm gonna go with it's going to be cold.
Speaker 6: I just I always thought al Nina was supposed to be warmer and wetter, and this is not warmer. It is wet, and it's white and it's piling up. And Kathleen Fuller from ODAD Cincinnati, thank you forgive us some time and doing what you do and letting us know where all those trucks out there pushing out of the way and dropping melt behind it.
Speaker 4: We appreciate you and everything that you're up to.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 8: Thank you. Thanks for everybody listening. Again. Please if you don't have to be out tonight, stay home. It's not worth it.
Speaker 9: If you are going to be out, take it slow. These roads are passable right now, but there's a lot of snow on the routes and you don't know what's underneath the snow. It could be a little bit of a little bit of ice down there too, So just slow down.
Speaker 4: There you go. She knows a thing or two about a thing or two.
Speaker 6: O DOT Cincinnati's Kathleen Fuller, Stirling and Donna d coming back some good conversation about stuff, helping others in the community, a chance for you to give us an update on how the snow in the circumstance on the roads, look where you are in a whole lot of other ground to cover, including James Rapeen talking Bengals Ravens after seven o'clock as well, But now it's time for Jack Crumley in the latest from the tri state weather situation and everything else around planet Earth that matters to us here on news Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Sterling and Donnade hanging out.
Speaker 6: Joe Waddell keeping us online and on inline on time something if you.
Speaker 2: Know it's in line and on time. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Jack Crumley with another news update in about nineteen minutes seven hundred WLW. What you're listening to. Roads are a mess, No, still falling, it's accumulating. They're trying to push it out of the way. A lot of people on the road. Let's see all the obligatory things allow us to extra distance slow down. Seventy one North shutdown basically between or beyond Stuart Road. There's crash there and also southbound's not closed, but it is what they describe as restricted on the OGO which, by the way, Ogo dot com great place you can look at all the cameras. Even on a good day, I'll be working and just look at monitors of traffic.
Speaker 4: I find it calming and.
Speaker 2: Relax is it?
Speaker 1: O go?
Speaker 2: Oh h g oh og dot com? Oh go?
Speaker 6: Good to know about O Goo? Yeah, good to know about Ogo? Right, they should pay us for that. That's good line. So anyway, just be careful wherever you're going and allow extra time. This is supposed to go on this winter storm morning and effect until seven tomorrow morning. But I think it looks like some of this stuff has moved through a little faster than initially thought, which hopefully means they'll be cleaning it up a little faster than expected. But either way, the winter storm mornings is in effect till seven tomorrow morning.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just you know, still dumping snow. I mean since noon today. It's crazy. I was surprised you made it here. You wanted to get here because I got you your Christmas gift.
Speaker 6: That's exactly right, and mine is on order for you. I got you a couple of little things right now. We love all the holidays, Yeah, sure, starts the fifteenth Monday, and so we got that going on Christmas quins, anything where there's good food and music and people, good times.
Speaker 4: And I don't one way or the other.
Speaker 6: I mean really don't need or want for anything, except I did buy those because I've dand I've left this coffee mug and it's good for hot and cold on the top of the car. I had like four of these. Two I've left on the top of the car over a period of time and then driven, which by the way, is not good and they will take a tumble and get jacked up. So I've won that got run over and one that's dented badling than this one. So I bought a pack of them and it was cold only because I thought anything thermal would go hotame.
Speaker 2: I was looking.
Speaker 1: That's what I got you, as a brand new, nice, awesome one that's hot and cold. But I would tell I did a lot of research on those.
Speaker 2: Stumblers that I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: You would think they were for hot because they're insulated, but you really have to check that.
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 6: I busted them out of the thing I put them because I wash everything just like I washed before I wear them. Generally, Yes, it's in a pinch and I put them in the dishwasher. Then I'm getting ready to condense the box for Rumky recycling, which I still don't necessarily know if that helps anything in the world. But they have two bins I gotta fill. So I go to crush it and I just happened to look at said cold. Only the hell did I even find.
Speaker 2: Hot drinks in there? For like right years?
Speaker 7: Who knew?
Speaker 12: So?
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, so thank you for that. Well, I would not have known unless you told me that. So I found you a dual hot and cold because you care, you know, and you know what. It's nice to do good things for people. We talk about the free store food Bank. We try to help animals Cincinnati Animal Care. You're now, uh, you haven't fully adopted.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm fostering him how long?
Speaker 6: If you have six weeks tomorrow, So you're you're gonna keep us, are you? I probably foster His head's about twenty pounds exactly. He looks like he's top heavy, like he might fall over. Are huge, Yeah, good looking dog parting and somebody else who knows about doing good and helping the animals and helping people, because we're all about that. It is a Charis Christopher and this is Karris is a friend of yours. I know, the Bell and Bear's just up the road about five eight minutes. It is the coolest place to go see live music.
Speaker 2: Is she on with us right now?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 2: Caris?
Speaker 5: Hey, how are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 1: Thank gosh, we didn't have you drive into the studio.
Speaker 5: I probably wouldn't have. No, I'm sorry, but yeah.
Speaker 2: No, and it would have been a good call to stay off the road.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: So Caris is the owner and operator of the Bell and Bear and it's you know, they have the best live bands and it's just the coolest place.
Speaker 2: It's in Montgomery.
Speaker 1: But Kris, tell me how you came up with this the name for it, because I've heard a couple stories on that.
Speaker 5: So the Bell and the Bear is named after the bell as and like woman, you know, calling woman the bell and mister Bear is.
Speaker 7: My soul dog.
Speaker 5: So I named it after a woman.
Speaker 2: And her dog.
Speaker 5: So that's pretty much how it is.
Speaker 12: That's that's what the name.
Speaker 8: How the name came up.
Speaker 2: That's cute.
Speaker 1: That's like I'm a woman with a dog too, So I totally love that. Since you have owned it, I did a little background because I've met Harris, but you know, we don't know each other that well. And I did a little background on you and I read that you've raised over three hundred thousand dollars for various costes since you've owned The Bell and the Bear somewhere in twenty eighteen or something.
Speaker 2: How did you get the idea to.
Speaker 1: Add philanthropic work to your business, because I that's such a huge amount of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big amount.
Speaker 5: Of Actually, I think this year we actually I think we talked at it about after this year's Women Who Rock event, we talked out of just over four hundred thousand. Now for the time, I've just I always said if I was ever going to own a business or anything at all, I would be using that to help others. It's just something It's just never been a question in my mind. So if you have the ability and the means to help others in a space.
Speaker 7: Then.
Speaker 5: I just believe you should be doing it.
Speaker 13: And so that's what I've done.
Speaker 5: And I've always been an animal advocate since I could remember. So I was born in South Africa and raised in Canada, and since I was a teenager, I've always been mildly obsessed with animals. So I've just been in that world for a really long time.
Speaker 6: That's pretty awesome. Charis Christopher. By the way, she's the boss of Ellen Bear in Montgomery, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just trying to see the guy behind the she's the one.
Speaker 6: She's the Bell since like four hundred k helping animal causes and other causes as well, which is just tremendous. So and we're constantly trying and I have since I started being able to utilize my work behind a microphone to get people engaged and involved. Having a business like yours should get live music, you get people coming in having a good time and celebrating and enjoying the holidays or whatever else. How is it that you were able to do so much with the help of the people who are you know, coming into your place as clients, customers having a good time, Because that in five years, six seven years, that's that's an incredible sum of money, most half a million. Yeah, that's massive. I feel like I'm not getting it done.
Speaker 2: We need to step up our games.
Speaker 5: I just think I think, I just think we have such an incredible community surrounding us. I think, like the Bell and the Bear is so much more, in my opinion, than just just like another bar or something like. I really thrive like on community and everybody, everybody that comes in there treats it as their home, and it's it's just it's so it's just everybody knows that you're coming to the Bell and the Bear like that, they know us for doing these great things.
Speaker 8: And I made sure.
Speaker 5: That that's what we're what we're about, because that's what's most important to me. And we just have such a huge community following that it just it's just kind of just grown into its own.
Speaker 13: Thing, and I love it for that.
Speaker 1: I attended one of the it was a Sunday afternoon I've never seen. It was so packed in there, and you had probably, I don't know, eight or nine bands, and it was all for dog rescue, and of course everybody donated and you could buy tickets to win stuff, and it was it was such an unbelievable event, and it seemed like everybody knew everybody, and everybody was there for the cause.
Speaker 2: It was such a it was so cool.
Speaker 1: Being a dog lover myself, I how many dogs have you had it once?
Speaker 2: At one time?
Speaker 12: I had.
Speaker 5: I've had six of my own while fostering one.
Speaker 1: So seven total, wow lot, I had three three three total, and that's a lot in an apartment in Los Angeles on the floor.
Speaker 2: That's what I did. Sterling. Sterling is also a very big dog.
Speaker 6: Lover, and I don't know how many in mass at one time other than like a mother dog with puppies, which you know, but I tend to try to move them on because if they stay too long, then it just adds to the menagerie.
Speaker 4: There's cats, there's dog.
Speaker 6: There's turtle, which I've had since I was eight years old, so into she will likely outlive us because turtles do that and they're like a dinosaur country, right, which is kind of nice. I'm just kind of curious what's the next event because we're short on time, and you know, the bell and a bear just down the road to Montgomery. In doing what you do, I think a lot of people close by. It sounds like it's just sort of a community, family kind of vibe where people just sort of come around and do those things.
Speaker 4: But people might want to show up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean, as an beg, we have live music every weekend, every like Thursday, Friday, Saturday. But as in charity events, we usually do one animal one around February and March, and then every October we do our Big Women Who Wrock for Women Helping Women. That event that's where we've raised some serious money for. So either way, there's always great live music. Whether it's a big charity event or just the weekend we're just it's a great party and a great bot.
Speaker 1: Can I answer Karis one more thing, like what advice would you give because maybe somebody hasn't because I think giving service and doing you know, making a community and helping others is such a big part of why I feel happy all the.
Speaker 2: Time and why it's a big part of my life.
Speaker 1: What advice would you give to somebody who's never gotten into doing this but wants to.
Speaker 5: Just do it. Just ask the questions to see what part of it is right for you. You don't have to foster, because I know that that sometimes that's difficult. You don't have to adopt, You don't have to go out and raise all this money. You could just go and volunteer for a day. You could just go and walk a dog for a day. I mean, that's like fostering can be a day trip. It can be a walk around the block. But just ask questions and see what it is, whether it's with dogs, with uh, you know, with whatever it is, whatever your.
Speaker 6: Women women women women to my house. Many times I have yeah, yeah, advocation. I like to help the women.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 11: I do.
Speaker 1: Well. I'm going to bring Sterling next time because he has not been to the Bellan Bear.
Speaker 14: Well.
Speaker 4: No, but and here's what I want to know.
Speaker 6: We need to go on a Bloody Mary Sunday because this looks.
Speaker 1: Doesn't know how how much your your place, rock scaris. I love the Bellan Bear. I'm in there twenty times at least.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: What I can tell you is I spent before I came to Cincinnati. I mean I was Ohio guy and had to leave to go to work in New Orleans before coming back to Cincinnati again. And I got used to and spoiled to some Bloody Mary's and good food on Sunday.
Speaker 2: It on a Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me tell you it looks ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 5: Thank so our bartender on Sunday. She actually just came out with her on line Bloody Mary Max.
Speaker 7: It's phenomenal.
Speaker 5: It's the queen. Queen's the elixir. It is so good. She's getting it all over the Queen City.
Speaker 8: It's amazing.
Speaker 4: You guys, definitely to come and get it.
Speaker 1: And whoever, whoever does your social media is hilarious.
Speaker 2: But thank you.
Speaker 7: That's me.
Speaker 4: There you go. She is a boss.
Speaker 1: Chris Christopher, thank you so much for calling in.
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 6: Appreciate you doing what you do. We need to team up and maybe do something with Cincinnati Animal Cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do, Karris. I will be texting you. We'll be doing something really cool coming up together.
Speaker 6: That's Karis Christopher from the Bell and Bear on Montgomery Road, just up the road here.
Speaker 4: Thanks very much.
Speaker 6: Be safe and I'm glad we got you on the line, but we appreciate you staying safe and not showing up here in person as much as we'd like to hang out.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys. I appreciate your time.
Speaker 4: Absolutely. Take care of yourself. That's cool.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you it so thirsty looking at that and process meets there's an egg of six.
Speaker 4: I don't even hear what that is.
Speaker 2: Perfect.
Speaker 6: There's a massive pepper right there. I'm ready to go. Now go all right, we're a couple of minutes away. You're seven o'clock report.
Speaker 4: Coming up.
Speaker 6: On the other side of that, James Rapine, we'll talk on Bengals and Ravens in town for the extreme cold. And I want to know who's cleaning up Paycore with the snow that is piling up, because we know.
Speaker 4: O Dott handling whatever it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, we certainly know that Cincinnati is hitting it hard and all the other trucks that are out there, so just be careful wherever you're going. An update on traffic issues. Seventy one shut down last week. Check looking at Ogo. You know, we'll find out with Jack Crumbley how that's looking. It was shut down coming up towards that that hill ken Wood headed our way actually towards Montgomery Road and all that, so we'll see exactly how bad that is. Southbound was slow to just allow extra time, little extra space and if you don't have to go out, obviously will sound like a broke records.
Speaker 1: Stay home or get home right now exactly and just safely, safely, safely.
Speaker 6: There you go it Just Saturday Sterling and Donna de hanging out on the other side. We'll talk who day on seven hundred wlw AH here we are snow is following, the cold is here. It's a winter storm warning till seven am tomorrow. Sterling and Donna d helping get you where you're going, which should be safe and sound, allowing extra time and space between you and whatever is in front of you, and hopefully people aren't tailgating you. That's what I saw a lot coming in, Donna. A lot of people ride in my backside, and I'm not a fan. I'm just saying I'm not a fan of that. So I don't like the back end play get away.
Speaker 1: I don't like anybody tailing me that much either, And to be honest, I am five minutes away and I was fish tailing it. We're talking tail over here.
Speaker 6: It took me two hours to get here effectively, and more than that actually, And I love Donna's like five minutes normally, and she's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: If I'm gonna make it.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I've been in the horror for an hour and forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: If you can't make it.
Speaker 1: I literally would have dressed for it and walked here. It would have taken on a good effort, but I would have done it. And I who knows I may have to tonight. You could have brought You may have to walk with me, go for to my house and we go to the FBI building right there. I'm sure there's some facilities.
Speaker 6: As long as there's no cavity check, I'm fine, and there's a hotel right there will be okay exactly.
Speaker 4: Or we'll just just keep doing show. We could do that all.
Speaker 6: Night long, all night Longe like Lionel Richie, he's still alive. You know who's not gonna do it all night long? He's like I did not sign up for. That is James Rapine. He's everywhere. He's a madman. He knows what is up and kind enough to join us of course. Locked on Bengals Cincinnati Bengals Talk on the YouTube with Stirling and Donnade.
Speaker 4: James Rapine, how are you.
Speaker 7: I'm doing well. I'm doing well. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Done well because he didn't have to drive into work. That's the number one. What about that tomorrow? The cold and the snow tomorrow?
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, well I have to drive tomorrow and there's no I can't say missing the football.
Speaker 7: Game because of the weather. So yeah, yeah, well we'll make it happen.
Speaker 6: What will be doing because we always talk about the Freezer Bowl and all the you know, the you know the you could walk across the Ohio and we were children or even some of us before we hatch and they're like.
Speaker 4: That's what real men play football and all that other stuff.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I mean tomorrow it's going to be maybe if it's lucky ten twelve degrees and there's gonna be a lot of snow and that turf, however nice it is, it's gonna hurt when a three hundred pound man hits you at thirty miles an hour, will it not?
Speaker 7: No doubt? Yeah, I think so, And I think Joe Burrow this week.
Speaker 14: He was like, oh, yeah, the cold doesn't matter as long as there isn't a lot of snow and hopefully they can clean up the field and get that part of its clear now so it.
Speaker 7: Doesn't impact the game at all.
Speaker 14: But that cold is going to matter because the fold tomorrow is really cold, and I know the Bengals wide receiver, specifically Jamar Chase, is someone that doesn't necessarily love the cold. So yeah, it's uh, it's going to be a factor for sure. The Bengals have historically played pretty well in the cold. But yeah, it's gonna be something that's on everyone's minds, including mine, And I'm gonna be in a a nice press box that yes, probably feel cold, but but but not as uh not as uh bad as being outside.
Speaker 1: Of course, James, we you you brought up Joe Burrow, so I have to talk to you about that, Like I know everybody has been talking about it. What are your thoughts on you know, his comment about you know, I've got to be happy. If I'm not happy, why am I doing it?
Speaker 14: I think it's fair, you know, I think it's fair in general and in Look when when you hear that from a star quarterback here naturally in a thing, especially given the Bengals history.
Speaker 7: Oh, he's unhappy in Cincinnati.
Speaker 14: He went out of Cincinnati, and national media did that, and a lot of people have on that. And look, Joe Burrow believes he's going to kick the crap out of the Ravens tomorrow, and then he believes that they're going to go to Miami and kick the crap out of the Dolphins and then beat the Cardinals and beat the Browns. And so guess what he thought last week that they were going to go to Buffalo in the cold, and what Buffalo And he played great for ninety eight percent of that game, And had they won that game, we would be having a different discussion when it comes to the bengals potential fate this year.
Speaker 7: So I think part of.
Speaker 14: It is just the realization of everything he did to get back and he's three and one as a starter this year, and it's probably not going to be enough. If he gets to seven and one, if they win the next four, they still only have roughly a one in four chance, a twenty seven percent chance to make the postseason. And so I think that's a big part of it is winning this fun. Making the playoffs are fun, Playing on the biggest stage. That's fun for Joe. And when you know that that's ending essentially at the beginning of December, that's not why he works year round. That's not what he works year around to do. And I think that's a big part of what he was talking about there.
Speaker 6: You know, it'd be nice if the Bengals were playing Miami tomorrow here because those kids from the Florida in Miami wouldn't understand the cold coming from Baltimore, wouldn't not at all it would be nice instead of it being verbs from a Baltimore in Charms City. A lot of people are like, well, Joe Burrow might walk away, he might quit, he doesn't need the money, this, that and the other thing. I mean, he has an interrastional obligation and he you know what, at least he was upfront and open talking about the fact that he's a little bit disillusioned dissatisfied with the circumstance. James Roupeene, I mean, who wouldn't be in this case? Fans are and if you're playing coming back from injury like a superhuman or otherwise, you want to win, you expect to win.
Speaker 4: You've been the best.
Speaker 6: If you're happy and satisfied with this and okay with this type of the thing being the status quo, then I would have a bigger problem with that than him personally saying that he's not really happy about the way things are going or an my crazy.
Speaker 14: No, you're not basy, You're right, you're spot on. He shouldn't be happy. Who's happy right now?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 14: I don't think anyone in that building should be happy because they're in all likelihood going to miss the class for a third straight.
Speaker 7: Year in the middle of Joe Burrow's prime.
Speaker 14: And the reason why the NFL world has been talking about Joe Burrows because they know how.
Speaker 7: Special he is.
Speaker 14: It's and so when you have someone like him, you have to put yourself in position to win every single year and take advantage.
Speaker 7: Of that opportunity.
Speaker 14: And that doesn't mean he's perfect, that doesn't mean he's not going to make mistakes, doesn't mean he's not.
Speaker 7: Flawed, doesn't matter.
Speaker 14: He's one of the best, what for at what he does on the planet, maybe even higher than that.
Speaker 7: But I was trying to be as conservative as possible. So that's it.
Speaker 14: And so yeah, this Bengals organization, I do think they want to win, like I think ownership wants to win. But they need to understand and this is coming from some when that wrote a book and looked at the history of the Cincinnati Bengals in depth.
Speaker 7: Every single season.
Speaker 14: They have a unique opportunity with Joe Burrow at quarterback, and so putting themselves in position to maximize each and every year you have with him is what they should do. They haven't necessarily done that. It doesn't mean that they've whipped on everything. I think they've made good some good moves. I think they've also failed in other areas and they need to be better moving forward, because there's no scenario where you should have a Joe Burrow and a Jamar Chase on your roster and go three years without making the playoffs.
Speaker 7: That just can't happen.
Speaker 6: Talking to James Rapine about the Bengals in action tomorrow in the snow in the cold, I think the snow should end. There may be some residual snow in and around Paycorp, and any tailgating in the cold. Obviously tailgating maybe hindered just a little bit, to say the least. When you look at these Ravens and it's always a tough matchup, but the Bengals have fared well with them generally. What is this matchup looking like for you? Because obviously the Ravens are playing for something whereas the Bengals are trying. But really they can basically are almost like spoilers, aren't they?
Speaker 14: Yeah, they are, And I think that's the beauty of tomorrow is one when you still keep your sling chances alive and if you lose, well you don't. And the Ravens have a pretty decent chance of making a run, and so you want to prevent them from doing that, and so how can you do that? Well, first things first, it's cold, and what have we see in the cold last week?
Speaker 7: Well, Buffalo really wanted to run the.
Speaker 14: Ball, and they did run the ball with that quarterback in Josh Allen, who I think is has surpassed Lamar is the best running quarterback in the league, just because he's so gifted and so big and so strong. And so you have to find a way to make sure Lamar Jackson does not do Lamar Jackson things to you as a passer and or a runner. And the other element there is obviously Derek Henry. I think a big thing the Ravens did on Thanksgiving that they shouldn't have done is they got away from utilizing their star running back. And if I'm the Ravens, it's a lot of Lamar, it's a lot.
Speaker 7: Of Derrick Henry.
Speaker 14: Let those guys try to try to attack this Bengals defense. That is obviously they've had.
Speaker 7: Some decent moments in the past couple.
Speaker 14: Of weeks, but obviously it can be beaten through the air when you're targeting tight ends, and certainly beaten on the ground if you're a quarterback or running back. So those are some of the things in the cold weather that challenges that this Bengals defense is going to have to deal with for sure.
Speaker 6: That's James Rapine talking Bengals Ravens locked on Bengals Cincinnati Bengals Talk on YouTube. Bengals actually in AFC North matchups or I think that what four and one so far in this campaign this season, they are looking to put away the Ravens for this season tomorrow. That's difficult in the best of times, just because of the matchup that it is. We've seen Chase Brown show himself to be after a year or so where people like.
Speaker 4: I don't know about Jake Ry, I don't make it ready. He's a guy. He's a guy.
Speaker 6: What a runner has he proven to be and in some cases helping us to add a nice balance to that throwing game. But also, I mean he's carried this team to a certain extent.
Speaker 14: He's a huge factor for sure, and I think part of why they ended the game last week the way they did is he struggled a little bit in the snow. I mean he had six straight games of one hundred plus yards from scrimmage going into last week, and that's a team record. To your point, Sterling, he has seven hundred and twenty seven rushing yards, averaging four point two yards to carry, performing at a really high level. And as a receiver he's been great. He's got fifty one catches, two hundred and ninety nine yards, two touchdowns. So you need him to be a huge factor tomorrow. And I assume it was the snow last week. He just didn't look decisive, he didn't look explosive. I talked to Jamar Chase about this on Wednesday, and then he talked about it a little bit on Thursday in front of the media.
Speaker 7: Is it was hard to get your.
Speaker 14: Footing, and so what I mentioned getting the snow cleared off the field, I think that's a big factor. When you go to cut, you go to stop and start do all of the things that a Jamar Chase or a Chase Brown that they tend to do.
Speaker 7: And I agree with you.
Speaker 14: I think it's when the weather is like this, you're not going to be able to throw it deep thirteen times and do all of that. You're going to have to lean on the run game. You're going to have to lean on guys that can make players miss and turn small passes into big games, and Chase Brown is certainly someone.
Speaker 7: Capable of doing that.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm just curious with the clean up tomorrow, do we know who's doing that in the stadium, because I remember the call out in years past, like hey we need people on a cop clean this same idea. I just wondered who how that works idea? Yeah, that's sort of like an odd thing. I think Donna wanted to go. I thought we could send.
Speaker 4: In your job.
Speaker 2: That's wrong to be me either, James.
Speaker 6: I totally get that. What what should we ask here? I mean, at this point, the Ravens are a slight favorite. There's still just six and seven. Bengals are four and nine, and this would be really a conversation of much more misery in some fashion if it wasn't the fact that the AFC North has turned into I don't even know what.
Speaker 7: Well, that's.
Speaker 14: That's how I think Joe Burrow probably looked at the entire AFC and it's like we would be at the top or near it if I was playing all year and Proof has ended up putting last week they went into Buffalo and gave Buffalo all they can handle, and Buffalo will be near the top of the AFC if they handle business against the Patriots this week. I think the Burrough led Bengals beat the Patriots a few weeks ago at pay Court if Burrow had returned then, which we talked about Sterling before that game.
Speaker 7: How I thought it was a mistake at the time.
Speaker 14: So I think that's part of Burrow's frustration too, as he looks at this AFC North and the AFC and he's like, what.
Speaker 7: The hell, man like this is?
Speaker 14: It's wide open, and with the injury and everything, we could have overcome this, and instead, odds are we're going to be on the outside looking in. And that's just the heck of a spot to be and really the thing to blame. You can't go one in eight without Joe Burrow, as good as he is. You have to be able to hold the fort down a little bit, and they didn't. And when you do that, even if the division is open, and you're right, it is crappy record wise this year. But if the Bengals beat the Ravens tomorrow, then the Steelers really are in the driver's seat and all eyes will look to that Monday night game against the Dolphins where the Bengals play the Dolphins next week. But if they win tomorrow, you become Dolphins fans for twenty four hours and see if they can handle business against the Steelers. If that happens, then I do think that people are going to start using that playoff word again a bit here in Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: I like the way that sounds. What do we not ask?
Speaker 6: I always oppose that to you because I just know that you're in and around the stadium, You're in and around those lockers, you're in around these guys, and you study the game and a little bit more. You know, obviously this is what you do. This is just my fixation. And I tried, you know, I like so many I was born a Bengals fan. I tried not to be, and then they just pull you back in and emotionally charge and here we are.
Speaker 4: So what do you have?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Anything?
Speaker 7: I think, well, yeah, no, I do.
Speaker 14: I think the T Higgins being out, which somehow the Baltimore Ravens always get lucky.
Speaker 7: And don't have to be deal with T Higgins.
Speaker 6: It's really just weird and true, isn't that? That's how strange is now and why did they let him go back into that game that last one.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, he looked I felt like I had a concussion watching his head hit the turf last week.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt.
Speaker 7: I digress.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'll shut up.
Speaker 7: No, you're good. He cleared protocol. And so that's what's so tough is it's not like the coaches aren't watching the broadcast.
Speaker 14: One to the independent neurologists or whatever their exact title.
Speaker 7: Is, concussion expert is on the sideline.
Speaker 14: That does these and by independent, not NFL affiliated, and he passed. He passed it twice. First time they came up to him and said, hey, we need to test you. The second time he was like, hey, can you test me? And at least that's what I was told. And so yeah, I'm shocked one that he went back into How in the world did he make that one handed catch to keep them in it?
Speaker 7: I have no idea. That catch was just insane. And so the.
Speaker 14: Ravens don't have to deal with him, which is a huge factor football wise. It is the right decision for him to not play, let him literally, let his brain heal unrest. And when it comes to this offense, you're going to need Mitch Tinsley, who didn't maximize his opportunities on Thanksgiving, You're going to need him to take advantage of those opportunities tomorrow. Mike Kasicki had a huge game a few days ago against the Bills. You need him to play like that again. Noah Fense, we haven't heard from him in a while.
Speaker 7: At tight end.
Speaker 14: Wouldn't be shocked if we see some big plays from Noah Fanse. So these guys are all going to have to step up now with a guy like t Higgins, because we know that this Bengals team old doesn't matter, now, doesn't matter. They're still going to throw the ball and so when they do, these guys are going to.
Speaker 7: Have to step up well.
Speaker 1: And James, I know that we're you know, we're not. Our record is not good, but every game has been so exciting this year. I mean, the Bengals have been in it like till the very end. So it's not like we're not, you know, we're just terrible and we're out. These games have been like nail bikers, especially the last one and on Thanksgiving, I mean we have so close to winning every single one of these is heartbreaking almost, no.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're two and four and one score games this year, and they've had a couple of other games that could have been one score games and they had a chance to get a stop. For example, in Green Bay, they're down six, third down and eight. If they get a stop, they get the ball back to Joe Flacco and who knows, maybe he's a hero at Lambeau.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 14: There's been a lot of those third and fifteen right the other day against Buffalo, and so yeah, that's the difference. And so assuming they don't make a playoff run here and we start to look to the offseason, that's what you got to think about when you think about free agency.
Speaker 7: And adding one more piece.
Speaker 14: I'm always i get made fun of in the Bengals media room because I'm the guy that always wants more. I want them to spend more. I want them to add more. I want more talent. And that's it, and that'should be it, because.
Speaker 7: You want to go get this guy.
Speaker 14: Yes, hell yes, because that more could be the one play that's right, the one player that changes it, and now it's suddenly you win in buffalo or suddenly you win this game or that game, and so yeah, I think that's that's something to keep in mind, how narrow these margins can be, and these games can be going down.
Speaker 2: To the wire.
Speaker 6: Joe Whidell's giving us the full stop sign, so we must because he's the boss, even if you didn't realize it. He's good watching, he's good listening. Cincinnati Bengals talk on YouTube. Blocked on Bengals James Rapine, thank you, enjoy the warm toasty press box and in good eats and hopefully of Bengals win. Ravens Angles getting it on one o'clock pay Corp tomorrow here on the Big One. It'll be a ballmy fourteen degrees as forecasted at kickoff. So bundle up, people, thank you, James.
Speaker 7: Bundle up. I don't even know what I'm gonna wear tomorrow. I'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: Layers.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Donna can help. We all need animals for grown ups. Maybe your animals for grown ups. James, take care of yourself. Man, we'll talk to you soon. That is that an obscure reference for animals?
Speaker 2: No, I remember it, but we're the same close.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's true, all right, we're behind.
Speaker 6: What else, like, come on, come on, Crumbley's got new straight away, the latest on the snow of the traffic. It's a deep out there. How deep will it get? Sterling? Donna D seven hundred WLW Sterling at Donnade hanging out on a old, blustery, snow filled Saturday leading up to Christmas time and Hanukkah and Kwanza whatever else it is U the winter storm warning in effect until seven tomorrow morning. The heavy snow in many cases they were saying four to six inches. Donna was saying, your place, you think you got actually more than that, and that's been a couple hours ago already.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I mean I shoveled out twice because I didn't want it to be so bad, And honestly, I think you know it was four inches each, So I think we had eight inches down the street in camp and ken ken Wood.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I cleaned off once and then just made my way in and just allowing extra time in space between you and the vehicle in front of you. And if you don't have to go out, they say, probably shouldn't. And I can tell you there were a whole lot of people who did not pay attention to it, or were traveling and didn't know, or something I don't know, but either way, hopefully you're okay wherever you are. We'll keep you on top of another checking news in about nineteen minutes on that and an earful from O dot Cincinnati two will check in with them and see how that going a bit later as well. In the midst of everything and everywhere you go, if you're out a holiday shopping, even if you're out someplace having a drink or dinner, or even in a classroom. If you're an educator at this point, I mean, you know as well as I that our devices in hand or elsewhere, on risk or what have you are constantly being used, oftentimes in places and circumstances where it's probably not the most appropriate, where maybe being present might be the case. You hear all these stories about social media and young people, even grown ups in some cases, with AI sort of pushing people to the edge with their affirmative just keep paying attention and asking questions, We'll support you and then causing people emotional distress on top of the trolls that are already out there and everything else. It's a challenge for the most mentally stable and well put together people, but kids are not always that developed. I mean, I can remember back before social media and cell phones, there was a lot of anxiety and stress about you know, fitting in or not fitting in, and all the other bullying and stuff that might be going on now is to another level where kids can't get away from it. Australia which has been in the news in the last couple of weeks with their new law and rules in place for under sixteen year olds to have no access to a lot of social media sites, not necessarily gaming sites, which there's a lot of hate going on on gaming sites, by the way.
Speaker 1: I can imagine not on any but I can imagine the hate on gaming when it's competitive.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it gets pretty belligerent to use a term that chick Ludwig is embraced pretty seriously and it gets kind of nasty. So what I'm curious about, because what the reports out of Australia has been is that parents are happy, kids are not happy, and kids are finding their way around some of this in many cases just by basically going in and when you sign up you put in your day of birth or somewhere in that general vicinity, and they just go in and make it so that they look to be sixteen or older. So they're circumventing the whole effort here. One do you think you could stay off social media?
Speaker 7: Two?
Speaker 4: Do you want to get your kids off of it? Have you tried?
Speaker 6: I'm curious what that's like in a situation where you're trying to get the kids off of that device and to be in amongst the living, breathing people in person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're really banning in Australia. I don't think it's a bad idea, to be honest. The teens that are basically their favorite Snapchat, TikTok and Instagram, and yeah, if their date of birth is you know, makes them sixteen or under actually under sixteen, then they're not allowed to log in. But these obviously it doesn't take a ton of being smart or genius to fix that date. Put an AI picture in that makes you look older, and all these you know, teens are back, fourteen year olds are back on. But it's it's almost like, why would you want to be on and pretend you're somebody else and use a different picture? Is it just so you can doom scroll and see what else everybody else is doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, what is the point of that?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I think there's a lot of it. I mean there's doom scrolling. There's probably just the social aspect of missing out on what friends and other people are doing, whether it's influencers or actual you know, what people think to be their friends, even though they may not be could be around the world. And the concern, of course is sexual predators and traffickers and all the other stuff.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of a weird animal.
Speaker 6: I can remember when it was like, you can't use the phone or you're not supposed to watch TV after a certain time, and that was difficult to process and navigate. What do you mean I I can't it's Monday night football.
Speaker 2: What do you mean I got a panel hooked. I'm already hooked at TV?
Speaker 6: How even turn the game off? I'll get up, I promise up. Turn the game off. No, don't turn the game of. And that wasn't a device that I could have in my room where I could continue to have, of course chat or something along those line.
Speaker 1: I mean everything you have everything on that little box in that computer in your pocket, and it's it's it's absolutely addicting. But they are doing studies now, like a lot of the universities and a lot of independent studies on how people get off of social media, like they're doing seven week studies of no social media and people's levels of happiness increased by a ton. I don't have the percentages because I can't find that study. I was looking for it, but it is.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Uh, it's remarkable how happy people are starting to feel when they're off of social media. And now I think there are some really good things on social media. You keep up with your family and friends. There's lots of inspiring stuff depending on what you're looking at and the algorithms. But I really feel like, you know, for the most part, especially for kids whose brains have not really developed, that it's probably a good thing to get them off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. You can talk back the iHeartRadio. I have clicked that mic, or if you're on X again, I said, not the party drug.
Speaker 4: What used to be Twitter? At Sterling Radio.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows what it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: Maybe we're social media at different times, different times, of course, everybody's aware at times. Perhaps also sterling dot donad Dot twenty twenty three on Instagram. So one, have you taken a break from and disconnected from media in general or social media be it Facebook or Twitter x, whatever it is, picking Instagram, whatever it happens to be that you're into or your kids, how do you navigate that? And coming into the holidays with so many new toys and gadgets and all the other gear upgrades this holiday season a lot of people Christmas time whatever. Uh, you know, it's time for new, bigger, better, And in the midst of all the prices and questions about you know, stuff going to be available or not can I get a deal?
Speaker 4: People are buying what they can buy now.
Speaker 6: The question is how much do you watch and pay attention to what your kids are digesting?
Speaker 4: Do you pay.
Speaker 6: Attention I mean whether even if it's just watching or streaming stuff. I mean, my mom probably did her best in that. It was a different time, right, you know that. I mean then it was like skin imax. You know, it's like, you know, you're like, ooh, look at that, you know, that type of thing that was basically like the biggest thing that was going on.
Speaker 1: Though there's no as diligent as parents are. If you're child who's fourteen fifteen, who has a cell phone, which most of them do at this point.
Speaker 4: And they're born with the small device, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And honestly that's not too probably too far off. We are all so addicted to our cell phones. It's just is a real thing. And I'm trying to push my cell phone. I'm giving myself twenty five minutes here and not trying to take my cell phone in the other room. You're not supposed to walk with your cell phone. You're not supposed to carry it from room to room, try and leave it somewhere. But when you're addicted to social media and you're scrolling in two hours, three hours go by, you only have a thousand minutes in a day. And if you're spending so much time on social media, what are you doing productively. I've really been paying attention to it myself. I've unplugged and I regularly do what you complained. He's like, well, you took so long to get back in he here, You're.
Speaker 2: Gonna or you too.
Speaker 6: You're better at it than I. I've gotten better you are. I used to have a horrible time with it, and I don't know what exactly happened. At some point, I'm like, I've done what I need to do.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 6: There's the phone and it's on the desk, and I walk away, and then I head back and try to catch up, but it's difficult. So I'm wondering, have you gone cold Turkey? Have you tried this? Have other people have tried it? Because I've talked to others. Some are better than others. You know, what's interesting is that some of my friends who are into you know, programming, who are into technology, who that is their business, that is their life. You know, we went up through college with it or whatever. Some didn't even go They got around college and somehow got the skills and are out there, you know, making a living doing it. And they are seemingly the most capable of unplugging and the ones that actually say the scariest stuff about what's really out there that worries them. But and what I wonder, what the kids is If you keep a kid sheltered, if you keep a kid protected to a certain extent, they often sometimes act out. Even more so, so, where is that fine line that somebody has to find? I mean, I remember going out with the.
Speaker 2: Everybody else has a phone.
Speaker 1: Everybody else is on Facebook or Instagram and TikTok and I'm not allowed And I'm like, you know, the only one. I'm too sheltered. Yeah, I could see that being a problem to parents. Do not have it easy right now. That is a hard job right now with social media and the iPhone.
Speaker 4: I can't imagine what that's like.
Speaker 6: Kind of curious how you navigate those waters out about doing those type of things, or maybe people just sort of let it go and it'll be like thinning of the herd. It'll work it out, right, I mean, the strongest survived. It's really Darwinian in an effect, right, I mean kind of well, it.
Speaker 1: Is making our minds mushy, that's for sure. I mean, you know, reading is it's like, you know, it's it's amazing for your brain and playing an instrument and getting outside in nature and all these things. And like if we're all on our phones and scrolling all the time and making our brains mush.
Speaker 6: I will make a confession. And you talked about not walking with your phone. I didn't know that that was something that they had been like out there and directed that people would be healthier with I would say it's a safety issue because in.
Speaker 2: Park garage not long of those totally.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to get back to people on text and meeting them, and I'm also trying to figure out where I had parked, looking for like goofy six and which level I'm on or whatever else. And I'm in the phone and I walked into one of the big concrete like supports and there's no there's cars driving around, and you know they're looking, dude, look at that right there.
Speaker 4: I was that guy.
Speaker 6: So it's also a physically a dangerous thing to be involved in your device while walking. It's not even about the social media like oh the Boogeyman's gonna get me, just the pillar supporting the gross.
Speaker 1: Fall right into a hall. There was a one I'll never forget on an Instagram post talking about social media. The guy was texting and he ran right into a bear. He was in California and a black bear was.
Speaker 2: In the street.
Speaker 1: And he looked up and was like, oh my god, it was so funny what the bear don and ran and the bear was probably just as stunned at looking at what this human is doing.
Speaker 4: Aren't you supposed to make yourself look bigger and scary.
Speaker 2: Exactly. You're not afraid of me? What's going on?
Speaker 4: I'm a bear. You're supposed to be afraid, don't you know the rules? Yeah, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: How's the drive by the way where you are, wherever you are, if you can do it hands free, we'd love for you right now to let us know how the roads are, if you're safe and where you've been trying to get to, if you're stuck in traffic and waiting, hopefully allowing some extra distance, Please do it hands free. I don't want to feel like I'm somehow or the donna. I can put the blame on you. Uh, it would be responsible for somebody getting into a bad situation with checking in.
Speaker 1: But listen, it's the roads are terrible. We've all been what was the word show used? We were like, how is terrifying?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It was terras The drive in Joe terrifying. It's not. It's not an easy drive.
Speaker 1: It's slushy, it's a lot of stuff on not of sleet and mud and snow on the ground. Just go as slow as you can if you're out there, and if you can go home, get home.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's pretty simple there five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the big one. You can talk back on the iHeartRadio app. Hopefully you're safe wherever you're going. Winter store morning in effect till seven am tomorrow. Still more snow expected expected. I know English, I can talk it sometimes. Uh, expectation and total accumulation they say four to six inches, Donna says, she you thinks she's got a little bit more of her cris not the weather you didn't have like a measure was.
Speaker 1: But I did plow, I did snow, you know, move the snow shovel that's the word I'm looking for. Shovel the snow twice and I you know, it was pretty good accumulation.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And here's the other thing.
Speaker 6: And this is if you live in like a tight neighborhood as far as like small streets. And there's a lot of old neighborhoods in around my state right northern Kentucky here and around Cincinnati. Uh, you know, people parking on the street sometimes they asked you to get off. When I lived over by Eden Park, it was always and I had a super big hill up to the drive and the drive to get in the house, so it was always the do I no, snow's coming? Do I park on the street? Do I and take a chance on somebody dinging me or the you know, the plow grabbing it or what have you. So just it's difficult. I would imagine on a plow driving it. It would probably be a little nerve wracking driving through some of these neighborhoods.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we talked with is it Kathleen from UH today? These guys are going to be out working all night long, all night long, and they're going to be, you know, plowing the streets and putting salt on there and but yeah, she doesn't know what they do, but they do a lot. I saw there were two twice. They went down my street twice since noon today.
Speaker 4: They're hitting it. They're getting it done.
Speaker 6: You know what they're doing dank coffee and hopefully eating donuts and people not crowding the plow. I mean, it seems like an ideal job to me, trying to make sense of it. You're eight o'clock reports straight away the latest on the situation on the roads and the weather, and also that shooting at Brown University in Rhode Island, which sounds.
Speaker 2: My suspects still at large. We heard not.
Speaker 6: A good situation new Straightaway. More Sterling and Donna d where the hood play basketball. Bear gats dropped one today to those Georgia Birdogs in Atlanta, and the Bengals look to beat the Ravens tomorrow one o'clock kickoff on the Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: Here we are.
Speaker 6: Fine Saturday nights, Sterling in Donnade, hanging out. A winter storm morning in effect till seven tomorrow morning. More snow expected to fall. It comes in waves. It was pretty thick for a while. Am I drive in It took a Normally it's less than an hour for me by far, and it was over two hours to get in today or tonight. And a ton of people They've been warning people to stay off the roads, but a lot of people doing some holiday shopping. And Donna, I really think a lot of this is about the power Ball. I could be wrong, yeah, I mean it is a billion dollars. I mean, I don't know how much you got to have in your pocket to think about it. I mean it's a billion dollars. The estimated jackpot cash value right now four hundred and fifty seven point seven million dollars. Rather than taking the annuity, you get that lump sum payment and then the taxman says, I will take more.
Speaker 4: Please in that.
Speaker 6: So I'm wondering if you're staying in, you got to realize would.
Speaker 2: You venture out to get power Ball?
Speaker 6: And if you're already out there, I mean, why stopped to get a Powerball ticket? I mean, seriously, no, if you gotta be in it to win it, right and we I don't have a ticket, and you're here till midnight, I have more or less I think maybe here till midnight.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 4: Yes, well we can't even get in it.
Speaker 1: No, we're out. We should have gotten them earlier. It should have been a little bit more proactive. But I mean, listen, we're joking about it. It is a level two in some areas on this on the road, so that means emergency only, So you know that doesn't I mean, I've played Powerball before.
Speaker 2: A ton of times.
Speaker 1: I've never won anything, so chances are against you anyway.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, statistically, you could get hit by lightning on the way to get a ticket, and then get a hit by lightning on the way after getting a ticket, and you'd shake it off and feel fine and go hey Sterling and donnide.
Speaker 4: It was great experience. I got hit by lightning twice.
Speaker 6: I think, I'm I think I feel lucky, and you probably have a better shot of that happening than actually hitting the billion dollars, which is the seventh largest jackpot apparently in his three here in the United States. When it comes to it, and I want to, I gotta look at these numbers for a second. Here I'm counting one, two, three, four by six two hundred and ninety two million, two hundred. No, wait a minute, that's not right. Two hundred ninety two billion, two hundred and one million, three hundred Is that right?
Speaker 2: What in the world the.
Speaker 4: Odds of winning the power.
Speaker 6: One in two hundred ninety two million, two hundred one thousand, three hundred thirty eight point zero, I think, is that right? I believe it sounds about right. It's got to be close. It's deep enough, right, it's I will tell.
Speaker 1: You you know, obviously, it's not easy to win. I mean, I've been in pools before. I've done everything that you can think of.
Speaker 4: None of the pools have ever won anything.
Speaker 1: We had a pool here, we had you know, maybe a dug four dollars or you know, something ridiculous like that.
Speaker 6: I think Matthew Harris and I split four dollars in our bunch at one Harris, you know, back.
Speaker 4: In the channels E days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it's great two bucks each, which I think was more less than we spent on the tickets.
Speaker 4: But I felt like that was a win.
Speaker 1: Well, an anytime you win anything is a win. Like if you're going for a billion, two bucks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you feel like you got violated in that case.
Speaker 6: Let's get to a million Jim with Sterling and Donnade on the Big One. So, first of all, how was the snow where you are? Have you dug out? Are you on the road, what is your circumstance? What's your twenty gym?
Speaker 12: Well, you guys are talking ane for the call, but you guys are talking about going down to get a lot of tickets. And I was going to go out and I went down to the driveway, which is like you know, three feet a slipped and cell. Oh so so I'm not gonna I'm not gonna.
Speaker 7: Go give a lot of kicks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's probably a good call.
Speaker 4: I understand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you don't want to break a hip just getting to like to the end of the driveway. That's a bad spot, Jim, I understand. We don't want that to happen.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but I'd just say that was a bad sign. I mean, pot work down down there to get a lot of ticket after so getting the mail, they would have been a bag, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I understand. Hopefully that's like the worst thing that happens today. You're dried off, you're warm now down to two degrees tonight. I hope you're prepared.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 6: And uh, if you've got an exterior wall with your plumbing, like in the kitchen or something, you might if it's not well insulated, like a lot of houses from like world time, you know, like the after post war initially, you gotta let that water drip or something, because then there will be a lot of plumbers making a whole lot of dough showing up at the house tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Thanks many, we're here to help.
Speaker 5: Jim.
Speaker 6: Appreciate the call. And sorry you slipped on the on the driveway. I mean I can't it was him, I mean he lost his footing. I am not responding, I feel like somehow I carry the weight of those type of things down and that's unreasonable, isn't it.
Speaker 4: That's unreasonable.
Speaker 1: Yes, but he does bring up a good point. You really have to be I probably slipped three times today.
Speaker 2: Really, you have to be careful.
Speaker 4: You see your male man or male woman. I don't know your postal carriers.
Speaker 1: The rock stars, they are rock stars, are male carriers.
Speaker 6: I had like Danish and some other stuff, and I saw the mail truck across the street park, so I knew dude was around. I'd been out with the dog and then he didn't want to come in, And by the time I got the dog in and came back around, he had been by. I saw the tracks and he was out of the way, and I wanted to do him a solid because I know, through rain, sleet and snow and the wicked cold, they're out there doing it.
Speaker 2: They are. They are some props her male people.
Speaker 6: Let's get to Indiana, Andy, and then Richard on seven hundred W well w was Stirling and Donnade?
Speaker 13: Andy?
Speaker 6: How are you are you wondering Indiana or are you safe and sound inside?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 13: First, I just it's an honor to be able to go ahead of Richard, So thank you very much for taking nights of you.
Speaker 4: We're here to help love.
Speaker 13: I don't want to steal his thunder heading out to get a kid too, so I my daughter.
Speaker 7: I don't know, all right.
Speaker 13: And that's the thing too. You see a lot of people driving around, don't assume they're going out to.
Speaker 7: Get nacho cheese.
Speaker 4: Right, there's some.
Speaker 13: Dads out there and moms. I'm actually heading out to pick my daughter up. She's a dietitian at a retirement facility and she's taking care of the people there, make.
Speaker 7: Sure they get food.
Speaker 13: And you know, that's I think that's what really the curry sini car is given benefit of.
Speaker 10: The doubt, give them some space.
Speaker 13: They're probably doing something honorable.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's a total PSA. And it's also a nice reminder that dads make sure they go get their their little girls too, because she's doing something moms are too.
Speaker 2: That's right, moms and dads are out there doing it there.
Speaker 4: They got their.
Speaker 13: Boots on, right. I got her some food and we'll pick her up. She probably already ate.
Speaker 12: They got a lot of.
Speaker 4: Food to pick from.
Speaker 13: I'll share something fun with you. She loves working at the facility. She deals with a lot of people that have some Alzheimer's of dementia, and she loves them so much. She says she'll bring their food in and they'll get mad at her and say that's not what they order, and she says, okay, She'll walk out of the room, turn around, just go hey, I got your food, and they're so.
Speaker 7: Happy to see her.
Speaker 6: You know, I hope, I hope to God that if I find myself in a situation suffering through something like that, that it can be like so uplifting and positive. I don't want to be like the you know, angry and suffering through it in a bad way a lot of people do. But if it could be just that bright of here you go, it's what you wanted. That that's a great way to cope with it. That's great strategy, we would hope.
Speaker 13: So, I mean, the least that you can hope for is that you get to keep your good looks.
Speaker 6: Right, Listen, I've been told I have was offbeat good looks, which means I guess I healed up after a beating by a bat or brick pretty okay, So yeah.
Speaker 4: It sounds like jazz, is what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, you know what something sounds like, Andy, it sounds like your daughter got your personality, That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 13: She's so much. She's a lot like her mom.
Speaker 5: She's a good girl.
Speaker 13: And just proud of all of them, and proud of all the people out there doing they need to patching a lot of the trucks, yeah, doing the snowshoveling. So everybody just said, do your thing, keeping up. Thanks for you guys for being on tonight, have good evening, and too all carefully.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, I need to be safe out there, man, Thank you very much for being a part of the show and your daughter out there. And there's a whole lot of first responders too and out there doing it.
Speaker 4: And I know that you know what. The other thing is, I guarantee you. There's a whole lot.
Speaker 6: Of food delivery have you Yeah, you know, pizza and others.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uber drivers and things like that, even people that work in restaurants and bars and stuff. I mean, you know, we talked to Caris earlier from the Bell and Bear they're open tonight.
Speaker 2: I mean there's you know, so there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of people working, have to get to work, have to get home from work, and let's just be safe.
Speaker 6: A lot of gas stations, the truck stops and everything else out hitting it. I mean, they have an abundance of vehicles out there, one hundred and thirty five to one hundred and forty trucks O Dot Cincinnati in these five counties around the Try State, and then at end Dayton they said that's up to.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and thirty or so trucks.
Speaker 2: They'll be going all night, none stop.
Speaker 6: So don't crowd them, give them some space to get it clear and safe for all of us and a lot of first responders and wreckers out there. I saw a couple of trucks jack knife, which delayed me, which you know, I'm just hopefully they were okay. You know, I didn't mind being delayed. Obviously, somebody's having a worse day than me just sitting there going a little start and stop in the snow. But to just slow it down in a lot of cars, I saw if a two seventy five and seventy one spun out and so forth.
Speaker 4: So it's it's dangerous out there. It's treacherous.
Speaker 6: There's a reason it's a winter storm warning, and just be careful wherever you are, and to give us a little idea as to what you're doing. And are you making a run for the power Ball, which, by the way, for a billion dollars, I've done a.
Speaker 4: Lot more for a lot less.
Speaker 2: Okay, then I'll be behind the thing. You go get us some Powerball tickets.
Speaker 6: We'll see how it goes. And you know, statistically, you know you winning is difficult. Let's get Richard real quick in Dayton and Cedarville, John all before the break and a lot of other ground to cover on a Saturday night, Stirling and Donnade, Dick, what's going on?
Speaker 4: How's every Hey, how are you doing? Doing well?
Speaker 10: My friends came yesterday and I went over. We did a little shopping. But they came yesterday because today they I heard the weather fore casting. I was out there helping my friends. It's bad, yeah, but I didn't get out too much today. But it's really I'm living over by the ball now. It's Stony Ridge in the streets down there, you know, toward the mall, and that you're close to seventy five.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 10: They said it was pretty bad, but I just I just stayed up and just you know, did my thing with exercise or activities today. So I didn't get a chance till my friends took me yesterday. So I weathered the storm.
Speaker 6: I guess right, Dick, you don't need to go anywhere, and if you do, take it slow and easy.
Speaker 4: It's always going to talk to you. Richard.
Speaker 6: Thank you for checking in and glad you're okay doing what you do. Let's get to John in Cedarville with Sterling and Donna d on the Big One.
Speaker 4: How's the snow? Hello?
Speaker 12: Hey, good evening.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's going on Jovin?
Speaker 12: Hey, good evening, Stirling and Donna, Hey, hey, I just want to say, it's a world of transportation, and what do we have without it?
Speaker 6: Without transportation, Yeah.
Speaker 5: We have.
Speaker 12: Behind Simply. All I'm saying is Merry Christmas. To all find a road.
Speaker 7: It will get you there.
Speaker 1: Ah, there you go, all right, John, so sweet, you know we have this is this is why I love.
Speaker 2: This time of year. Sterling.
Speaker 1: I mean, even though it's kind of crazy to drive, the snow is so beautiful.
Speaker 2: If you're sitting home.
Speaker 1: And you're looking out the window or you're throwing the ball to the dog, who's having a blast in the snow and your family's there, or you're even chilling by yourself and keeping it real peaceful. It's lovely and beautiful this time of year, and everybody's in a good mood.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 2: We've had such nice callers going.
Speaker 6: Through the snow, hanging out and some candles. This is like a perfect night. If you haven't already, like to decorate the tree or the Hanica boat.
Speaker 1: That's right, or wrap your presence, put some put some Frank old Frank Sinatra holiday that is the best.
Speaker 6: Hard to go wrong with Frank, the iHeartRadio app and the Christmas stuff. But you should listen to us first and then listen to that. I mean, I hate to read direct people away from us. It's just a terrible thing. Well, then let's sing some old Frank Sinatra.
Speaker 4: Then I can't do that. Yeah, yours up and very little crass.
Speaker 6: That sounded more like Elvis, that's all. I got a blue Christmas Dell could sing. He's quietly in the head.
Speaker 4: No, it was he was like it was treach.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I did it.
Speaker 6: You know the problem is this that people may have the roads are hazardous, but that right there. Not you you sound great. I used to be a decent center did not until my voice changed and then it went downhill. But I would hate to think that I'm responsible for somebody yanking it off the road.
Speaker 4: Hearing me try to.
Speaker 1: Sing, almost had a little harmony there for a second, almost pulled back. I sing to it a voice. I can get up there, we can. I'll go deeper on my voice, you go higher.
Speaker 6: Or something almost sounded like Pixie's there just for a minute. And one of the sisters deal from Dayton. But that's a whole other time. Speaking of Dayton, here's Lisa was Stirling and Donnade on the Big One. Hey Lisa, what do you know? How's the snow? How's the travels? Are you inside outside? Are you cold?
Speaker 4: Digging out?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 15: I've been out in this weather all day carrying mail.
Speaker 8: I thought i'd call it.
Speaker 4: You're a superstar.
Speaker 1: We love our mail years and there's some of the bravest in the world.
Speaker 4: Now here's what I want to know. Are you actually hooking it?
Speaker 6: Or are you like somebody lucky who can go down to like Crew Tower, who has a whole building. Is their routes where they just have to go in and drop it off because that's the way to do it.
Speaker 13: Well, let me just say this.
Speaker 15: Okay, I had a knee replacement about a year ago, so I'm still on some restrictions.
Speaker 8: But hey, I've done a.
Speaker 15: Lot of packages the day, so a lot of my route is the driving part.
Speaker 7: Okay, but no walk, no walking.
Speaker 8: But you know, I just wanted to.
Speaker 15: Call in and tell y'all we're going to the Bengals game tomorrow. That's seen mail people from Dayton going down to the game, So it's going to be great.
Speaker 4: Doing what you do.
Speaker 6: I'm guessing to tomorrow in fourteen degrees at kickoff with Bengals and Ravens getting it on the big one in at pay Corps where you'll be. I mean, that's almost like summertime to mail carriers, right.
Speaker 15: Well, we're all pretty yeah, we're all used to it by now. But you know, I don't think we'll be out there without our shirts or anything.
Speaker 6: Well that's all it's usually, let's be honest, though, it's dudes that are usually stupid like that.
Speaker 4: We're like that. Women. You guys are just inherently smarter I think than us.
Speaker 15: Well yeah, I think you're right there.
Speaker 2: Even still, it's going to be called for anybody ten degrees. Make sure you know scarf mittens.
Speaker 1: You want to cover your fingertips and and get like ten bears of socks on and stuff.
Speaker 4: That'll be good. One.
Speaker 6: Well, now are you going to have We're short on time, but about twelve seconds or so. Not that it'll stretch you out or anything. Uh, but I'm just curious. How will we know if they're panning the crowd. Will you have like a US mail carrier like gear on or what because we want to look for you.
Speaker 8: Uh, I don't think so.
Speaker 7: I think it'll be in my Bengals gear.
Speaker 4: That'll work.
Speaker 6: That'll work well, Shanle, be safe, appreciate what you're doing on a regular basis.
Speaker 4: Indeed, there you go.
Speaker 6: That's Lisa Let, a carrier from Dayton, going to be at the Bengals game tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We'll hear it here.
Speaker 6: Eight thirty reports straight away Jack Crumley has news late us on the snow.
Speaker 4: Oh how deep it's getting.
Speaker 6: The treacher is driving so much more here on seven hundred WLW Sterling and Donade hanging out as a beautiful Saturday heavening.
Speaker 4: Now the snow is fall.
Speaker 1: Now that my friends are here and they're safe, and sounds at the studio, I've.
Speaker 6: Been ray the winter store. Chances are you're on the road now, too many people are you. Guys can control the volume on your headphones where they're plugged in, which is sort of down.
Speaker 4: Just follow the court. There you go.
Speaker 6: Donna's going to hook you up. We're rolling until nine. Donna's here till midnight. Maybe I'll stay. I think the weather may force me to stay.
Speaker 2: Ever, don't do me anything for Sterling. All right, I mean listen, you can go.
Speaker 6: Ow oh you got see that's karma. You got shocked, but really disturbing. That's never happened before.
Speaker 4: That's karma. That's what that is. It's all right.
Speaker 6: Heavy snow is still expected intermittently, still accumulating snow. Slow down, allow extra time getting where you're going if you don't have to go, et cetera. But your friend Lisa Riker usually lose the term of friend for me too, as well as her friend Nate Young. Now I hopefully can say our friend retired Cincinnati PD was stirling and done a d on the Big One, talking about a whole host of different things.
Speaker 4: Out there.
Speaker 6: First of all, Nate, I'm kind of curious with the drive in how it was with traffic and everything else. It seemed like the majority of the problems when I was in, And none of us wants to believe that we're a part of the problem, right, which I will full on in front think I was not the problem today. It was people crowding me on the way in. I was trying to allow room for those big tractor trailers because I don't want to be a tin can crushed.
Speaker 4: And you hear what happened to him. I don't want to be that guy.
Speaker 6: But people ride too close and too fast, and it's the same story. It seems like when rain or snow or anything else. How was it coming in?
Speaker 16: It wasn't bad, just as you described a lot of we're the professionals, right, everybody else needs to be off the risk always always right.
Speaker 7: So no, it wasn't bad.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the snow built up on the highways and some of the side streets were pretty significant, but overall wasn't that bad at all. Just take your time. The go part is easy in the snow. It's the slow part that you gotta be a prayer for. So keeps slow to correcting. Yeah, and a little bit too quick.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 6: That's the real trick. Now, we're talking about a lot of stuff at oftentimes Saturday nights. It's relationship stuff with donnad and you know hear me as well. She's always trying to break me down and make sense of my dysfunction. I like to put the fun in the dysfunction. But one of the things that everybody's been talking about is a Michigan football coach University of Michigan up in ann Arbor, kicked to the curb. They fired him. And it's the weirdest thing because he lost to Ohio State. No, no, no, it has nothing to do with that or you know how or maybe getting beat by Ohio State duet or the other way around. But it was about some weird interactive relationship dysfunction going out on the wife and apparently getting it together with a coworker or an employee and then stalking and all this other weird stuff, odd behaviors, right.
Speaker 1: Donna Erone Moore, Yeah, Michigan former Michigan State coach. Now, you know, disgraced is what his title is. Unfortunately, how do you do that? You have a relationship with you know, a co worker or you know somebody that worked on his team, an assistant. It was an inappropriate relation. A lot of people knew about it. Apparently he got her pregnant and he ordered Plan B on door. That's how he really got revealed, which is the craziest thing. But there was already an investigation on campus and everyone's just saying, this guy is what, he's married, he's got three kids, he's now with this girl and everyone knows it. And she had the receipts, went in and showed all the text messages. He flipped out, and now yeah, he was charged with invasion, stalking and his alleged attack on the mistress because apparently he wanted to offer and off himself too.
Speaker 2: What a mess that is.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, it's odd aside from the home invasion stalking and you know, the thought of a murder suicide scenario, that's the worst case scenario. Which interesting to me in the human condition is it doesn't matter if you are rich or you are poor, if you are famous or if you're a nobody. There is an odd thing where people get so fixated and involved in a tunnel vision circumstance where they see someone they have a thing on the side, which, you know, the adults consenting do whatever you want to do, that's between you and your partner in God or whatever else. But when it crosses the line and goes off the rails, where you start hurting people and threatening their employment or threatening them physically or whatever else. I mean, one of the things Nate Young was here, former Cincinnati PD retired. You were dealing with sex traffic victims in a change court situation, so you often saw either people who were sex trafficked or people who were involved in odd circumstances of relationships in divorce and stuff gone wrong. So I'm just kind of curious when someone's in it, when you're dealing with them in the adjudication, in the policing end of it, when does the light come on? Because it seems like people are oblivious to the fact that they're doing something way crazy, way insane.
Speaker 2: I don't get that either.
Speaker 16: If I had the answer to that, we could solve a lot of problems tonight.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 16: Yeah, So, specifically in relationship to sex traffic victims, it is extremely difficult to get that person's brain rewired to understand that they are a victim. A lot of times they are in belief that they are in a stable, normal, highly functionally, highly functional relationship, and that's not true at all. There's a lot of diabolical things that are happening to this person through their they're silent and in relations to the coach, relationship to the coach. I can't speak to why someone makes those type of decisions. That's not in my makeup or DNA to participate in things like that. But he's in a whole heap of trouble.
Speaker 2: That's what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 1: So so being charged with home invasion, stocking and alleged attack and other things, those are just the top three.
Speaker 2: What's he is he going to do time?
Speaker 16: I can't imagine there would be a scenario where he wouldn't. So in a lot of these cases, the victim will recant on some of the statements and not want to follow through with the charges. And in the Hamilton County justice system, unless things have changed since I left, there's some mechanisms in place where that's not an option. Some of those charges are built into the activity of the person committing the crime to where the victim won't be able to if the charge, if the victim is not going to follow through, we still have other charges that we're going to follow through with that just come.
Speaker 1: No matter he's going to go, He's going to get something, whether it's jail time. He's already lost a five million dollars a year job he was fired for that, married with three kids, right, and then you know, risking, risking everything for an affair. It just doesn't seem it just it doesn't seem obviously, it's not logical.
Speaker 2: It's temporary, and you know, we all.
Speaker 6: In the heat of the moment, you think you would grow beyond being a sixteen or seventeen year old who is hormonally charged and inexperienced and in life, let alone all the incuracies of employment and relationship and losing half and breaking hearts and killing you know, the father figure, a mother figure, circumstance of children, and all the things that go into it. But there's also an invincibility thing. I think a lot of people have big, powerful job, big influential person to be in a place where you know, who are you to tell me I'm doing what I'm doing? In an employment scenario where it's an underling. Also, I mean that gets deep contract.
Speaker 2: It is too big for your breeches. That is what it is.
Speaker 1: You get like this ego that comes out of control that you think you're not going to get in trouble and you're not going to, but you know, yeah, life comes knocking.
Speaker 16: I would say that you would have to be predisposed to that type of activity regard long before you land in that position of authority and all that stuff. I don't think that's something that just.
Speaker 7: Maybe it is in some cases.
Speaker 16: For sure, there's a there's a there's a momentary slip up, but I just believe that's probably in your DNA he.
Speaker 17: Grew up with it or maybe however, yes, it's I just yeah, you know, you're either grounded and you're solid and you're not going to do that type of thing period, no matter where you start from or where you land or it's probably in there somewhere and it's going to come out manifest itself and at some point, whether it's you're the head coach of Michigan or you're a lowly police officer or you're delivering mail, if it's if it's there, it's going to.
Speaker 2: Come out well.
Speaker 1: And he's talented too, you know, obviously he is, and so some people are talented but shouldn't be in leadership roles because they misused that position. How is the climb back? I mean, can it be done? I mean, what are we looking at here? I mean, well, I mean look at it this way.
Speaker 6: There's the Am I going to become another top tier college football coach? You're going to have to probably start smaller and build your way up. I mean, there was a guy who was in Louisville whose son is obviously at a high position here with Xavier now Richard Patino, but you know, his father, if I'm not mistaken, had some issues that took him away for a while. That brought him back. I think he's at Saint John's if I'm not mistaken, So you come back. And that was just not anything as volatile or over the top as what this case is, but just someone who their dirty laundry got out in the public and the image issues and everything else sort of goes along with it.
Speaker 1: I mean that it's not impossible to come back, because there have been but like look at you know, even Will Smith with the slap at the Oscar. I haven't been able to watch a movie of his after and he was undocout.
Speaker 2: I did not like that at all. I hated that moment.
Speaker 4: It was not good, but it was interesting.
Speaker 2: It was whatever. I mean, I still can't I had read his book.
Speaker 1: I really was a Will I wouldn't say a Will Smith, you know fan. But I watched his movies and I liked his music, and I thought he was like you know, he he could play the powerball and be the winner of a billion dollars. That's how, that's how on top of his game was. After that slap, he's never been the same.
Speaker 16: My wife's write in line with you on that. She she refuses to watch any of his movies. You can't do it goes on the TV for something, you know. Of course I rolled my eyes, but I understand where she's coming from.
Speaker 2: I wish I could.
Speaker 6: I can't be just if it had been infidelity, would you have been able to overlook it?
Speaker 2: But the excuse me to watch movies half of Hollywood?
Speaker 6: So but but the slap of the small scale, I mean, Chris Rock's about my size, maybe bigger even right, and Will Smith at that point of being a lee, he's bigger. And in the big slap, you kind of go, Okay, well, I feel bad for Chris. I'm kind of curious though, men and women, because women in positions of power and authority or just in general will also step out of relationship. It's not always the guy, but the guy usually gets more headlines unless it's a teacher with like a student in that scenario, which I think is sexist and is just wrong.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, I mean I could.
Speaker 7: Fair is fair?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You can see Stirling reads the news every day unless it's a teacher with a student. That is the general. That's the general thing of where women. You know, women do this too. It is not just a man issue. I mean, you know this woman, this young girl, she's gonna be tarnished the rest of her life now, I mean that's.
Speaker 4: Gonna come go, going to be financially set.
Speaker 1: How is she going to be finding that guy's going to Jailly has no money?
Speaker 6: Now, how is she going to be financially She's gonna shoots to his uh, whatever resources he has, she is going to get. She's still going to be brandished. As you know, she moves from Michigan, she can be anywhere, and she's just attractive with cash, and she's going to be more careful about who she hooks up with.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the lesson learned right there.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean, I don't people, I'm just making stuff up.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: People make mistakes, and they should be able to at least it's got something.
Speaker 2: She's trying to write something down. It is a cult write me a note to tell me.
Speaker 11: You know where this goes off the rails is because it's when they act nuts, you know, when they do some kind of nutty behavior. Because it is going to be the age old story. People are gonna cheat. I mean, yeah, they do. But think about the Coldplay concert, right and that story, and both of them lost their jobs in that instance, and people are talking about this girl. Why isn't she losing her job? And I think I think eventually she will. But Strolling thinks she's going to you know, the universe.
Speaker 4: So she may not work there anymore. I don't know.
Speaker 6: But I'm just saying in general, if she's an underling and you're having a superior in some fashion of that program, do things that he shouldn't be. I don't care about stepping out on the wife. I mean I do, but it's not relevant to this. And then so then you have employment held over the underling's head aside from the home invasion and the stalking and the.
Speaker 2: Thing because he fired her. He ultimately fired her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a there's a lawsuit right there, A lot of ugly at Lisa. You're right, So I do understand your point. It's infidelity. It happens. People understand it and they forgive it. You never know what's happening in somebody's marriage, so that that's it. It's the fact that you know, he got her pregnant, he did the plan B thing by door dash. I mean, that's weird right there. Yea, he broke into her apartment, he grabbed a knife. There's all kinds of very unbelievable we don't even know all the details yet on what he did to try and cover this up and get her to be by and then the texting of the the only Fans girl there's that too.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'd prefer not to know anybody's personal business at all, you know, I mean generally it's like, not my business. I feel really weird talking about somebody else's private business. But it becomes a story because of high profile nature of stuff. But people are people well, and we can.
Speaker 2: Learn from it. We can all learn from it.
Speaker 6: Just the thing that's hard to determine, and we're late. Mister Waddell's like, stop now, we have your nine o'clock report with the latest on the snow coming down in traffic situation and everything else. The shooting at Brown University with at least I think one fatal and others that are injured at this point, more details coming, and a shooter at large. But in the midst of all of this, it'd be nice to be able to look at somebody and the eye. And my problem is, I like crazy girls. There is a huge benefit for the crazy, but the backside of that, pardon the pun can be very dangerous and unsettling and costly. Historically, there is something about crazy though us to say anything, but every we're late and we gotta go.
Speaker 4: I hear what you're saying. Thank you, it's good to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Nate Young, former Cincinnati PD retired Lisa RYKERD Of course, Stirling Donna d knew straight away. Where the who they play tomorrow? Home of the Best Bengals coverage seven hundred w WELW Cincinnati