Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio. While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 2: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: They say the world is spinning around. I say the world is upside down. Cracking everybody, and welcome back from yesterday's shorter show. It is a full four hour Petros in Money effort on this too, ed Mono two two at mono Tuesday on AM five seventy LA Sports. But even though it's a four hour show, that doesn't mean we don't have play by play to offer at the end of the night. Why Well, because the NBA on NBC, which is a new venture this year, does their game tip offs at eight o'clock at night. Well, yeah, but you know that's a TV thing, Dawn. But we know that we say eight o'clock here, Okay, I mean I know about the slide and all that. I mean, I do this too. You know, I'm not that big of an idiot, even though I look like it. I know what's going on. I know it's going to be eight twelve.
Speaker 2: I say that just because it because you're doing eight o'clock tip offs versus seven or seven thirty like normal. Now that extra twelve minutes matters, You're right, the extra twelven o'clock, It doesn't matter. Seven thirty doesn't matter. But when you when your tip time is eight and it's really eight twelve, now we're talking eight to twelve on these or eleven twelve on the East Coast.
Speaker 3: I told you about the space game, right, No, Okay, I did a game. Now, you've done a lot of games since we've known each other. Yes, we have both called a lot of games. You more because there's more basketball games than football games. But I can get a lot of football games in in one season, as evidenced by a couple of years ago. But I did a game. I'd never done a football game in my life that had a theme, you know, not a rivalry, not hey, we all dress up with duck bills on our heads because it's organ The game had a theme. It was at UCF and it was called the Space Game, and it's like a ten year thing they do. It is wildly popular. Didn't not know that. In the sixties, UCF was opened as Central Florida Technical Institute to feed the Kennedy Space Center right there in Orlando, so it's very much involved with space. You can see the launches from the Kennedy Center from their football field, which they call the Bounce House. So they have this once a year. They make up a whole new uniform with a different kind of space theme and all the kids dress up like Boba Fett and everybody dresses up like an alien. All the girls get all gunned up and they sell different gear every year for the Space Game. This year they were honoring their research in hyper space, so it looked like, you know, hyperspace, like in the Millennium Falcon in the numbers and yeah, you hear about it this and that, but I got there and it was crazy. They're doing laser light shows, They're bringing robots out onto the field every time out, Robot dogs, robot humanoids, sprinting around like it was absolutely freaking bonkers. I'd never seen anything like it. Space music, space games, space video board stuff. Everybody was buying gear. They have a Space mascot that only hung on for one year because it was so dumb. Was called the citro knot an orange with a baseball with a Space helmet on, like it's baseball looking ahead. And they bring back the citront for the Space game and they run them out of the tunnel and people go absolutely buck wild. They wear totally different colors than their normal colors. And this game kicked at eight in Orlando, like that is deep into the night. And then they're like, we're gonna slide because there's a college basketball game before us and there's a bunch of fouls Saint John's or something, and it's like eight point fifteen and we're kicking off. First quarters not over because there's like three reviews or something. It's nine o'clock at night and the first quarter's not over. You think all those drunk kids from UCF bouncing around and their Boba Fett uniforms stuck around to see one of the most exciting endings ever of the Space Game.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, no much.
Speaker 3: I understand TV windows just as much as everybody else does. But eight o'clock at night, why why you got to just do your earlier game one hour earlier and get the thing tipped at seven. We gotta start just tipping things at seven in Los Angeles, we got to stop with seven point thirty and eight o'clock is asen out.
Speaker 1: I have.
Speaker 2: I have at least four or five SCUCLA games that tip at eight this year it's two o'clock.
Speaker 3: It's too bad. Yeah, college games are supposed to go faster, but do they?
Speaker 5: No, Mond, No, Mund.
Speaker 2: Not when you have fifty fouls called in a non overtime college game that takes it till like two twenty, which is about what an NBA game takes.
Speaker 3: At about midway through the third quarter of the Space Game, most of the kids had cleared out. It was sold out and now it's half full, and I said, where'd all the kids go? They said, well, there's an EDM concert here locally that everybody's trying to get. What kick it earlier? Then they could do both. But that's a TV window thing.
Speaker 2: I get it. I understand, I get it.
Speaker 3: Joining us today on our Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity guest microphone.
Speaker 2: The next ass he kisses will be the first.
Speaker 3: He's put in a lot of work for CAA training, draft picks, the Big Ten Network halfs one. Wouldn't be surprised if I didn't see him on Big Fox calling a college basketball game this year. The one and only Don McLea the leading score in the history of the Pac twelve and UCLA and UCLA hoops is a proud program, and Don McClain is a proud man. We have four hours of great sports talk with Don, and we appreciate him being here with his sweatshirt on.
Speaker 2: How's it going? Don's been a little chilly out where I live in the morning and evening, and I'm heading somewhere after this.
Speaker 3: Hashtag me too.
Speaker 2: Where are you going? Just the boys? My two older boys are back in town for Thanksgiving. Let me guess. No, we're not going there. Okay, actually I don't know where we're going. I got to figure that out when I get the car on the way home. But I love this week now that I'm with. You don't know once you become an empty nester, as they call it. Now the kids are gone, it's fun to have them back for an entire week, and so I typically don't work this week, so it's kind of a fun week to hang out with the family and Thanksgiving and all that stuff. So it's good.
Speaker 3: Well, you seem very happy, then, don you know? We're not used to that. We're used to you being in maybe more of a surly mood, not feeling great about you know this, that or whatever.
Speaker 2: Well, Trent's in the Bahamas, so that's Mom's not completely happy. She's two thirds happy.
Speaker 3: He's with Saint Mary's in the Bahamas. And we're watching Seaton hall Us c USC down ten in Maui, So we got that going for us here.
Speaker 2: Hey, don can I ask you a question real quick?
Speaker 6: No, are the mcclaim boys, including yourself, you know, all three of you guys are going out? Is this give you a rockous night? Is this getting one of those like, hey, we'll be back and if we call you, we man need to ride.
Speaker 3: Home where the beer gives you gas and the McLean's kick ass and we're taking over the eight o five tonight.
Speaker 2: No. No, it's what's interesting though, is that when your kids get of age, make sure you bring your ideas. No, we're just going to dinner, for God's sake, but at Phinney's. No, okay, not Phinney. All right, I'm sorry. Lunches and dinners do get more expensive once your kids turn twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they're like, yeah, we'll have another vodka cran Yeah, what is that your third?
Speaker 2: Well, if you get to your third, you're paying for that one shows I'll see.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 1: So much everybody to.
Speaker 2: Drink minimum for the kids, like bear elegance. Yeah. Actually, I had some coupons made up and I hand them to drink coupons.
Speaker 3: Oh for real, that's awesome. By the way, don, did I have one of those coupons? Your coupons are up? Your paying Your dad learned this at Bee by the airport. Yeah, you want to do something fun don? Yeah, all right, I have an idea. Okay, bear with me, because this funner than coupons. Funner is not a word. More fun would be the correct way to say it.
Speaker 2: You're not funner. No, I'm not rections.
Speaker 3: Uh, there's a thing now, you know. It's a big college football week. It's rivalry week. Sadly, it's rivalry week here in Los Angeles, and nobody cares. Yeah, nobody, And the teams now, there's so much going on in LA and the teams are so kind of on the back burner in people's minds. If USC won last week and they were headed to the college football playoff, you'd get more buzz. But this would be like a miracle victory. If UCLA beats USC. There's a lot of people in town vying for your sports attention and dollar and dollar, Chargers, Clippers, Lakers, the Rams are very good. You've got USC, Ucla Football, Dodgers, Angels down Orange County, the LAFC, the LA Galaxy. And unless USC football is dominating and Ucla is good, nobody's gonna make that big of a deal out of USC Ucla anymore. They've watered it down. But you know what's still a big deal is Michigan Ohio State. Michigan Ohio State is the gold standard. I know that USC beat Michigan this year, I get it, But Michigan's number fifteen. It is the gold standard of college football rivalries. Recently, they've won the last two national titles, respectively, or college football playoffs. Respectively, Michigan and then Ohio State Jim Harbaugh and then Ryan Day. And right now you can call you know who Woody Hayes was, right, Yeah, the old Ohio State coach he soci Yeah, the Clemson guy. You can call Woody Hayes's number. He's dead, he's not going to pick it up. But you can call Woody's number and it's six' one four four eight eight one nine one. Zero so you Call Woody hayes and you get a, speech a Fiery Woody hayes speech that he gave before The Ohio State michigan. Game do you have to pay for? IT i don't think. SO i, mean it's not a one to nine. Hundred and the guys At homage Or, homage which is a clothing company out In, ohio they do a great. Job they make really cool. CLOTHES i believe this is A homage sweatshirt That i'm wearing right. Now, beautiful thank. You it's a little, green but, yes that's What i'm going for. Today so the guys At homage and a guy Named Ryan, WESSLER i, guess are behind, this and Even michigan fans are calling the number to hear What Woody hayes has to, say should we do it on? AIR i, mean BECAUSE i KNOW scucla is Like Lincoln riley doesn't even show up to THE pep, rally but And Tim skipper had to show his team a video because they're so transferre late in of what the USC ucla rivalry is all. About like Here's Rick neuheisel as a walk, On Here's Matt, stevens Here's Wayne, Cook jade McNown.
Speaker 2: How long is this recorded? MESSAGE i don't.
Speaker 3: KNOW i, MEAN i don't know how long would He that's the. THING i did not test this. Out why not what he might start? SWEARING i don't know what's gonna. Happen get, Ready? Ronnie are you? Ready we're gonna do? It doug, wait just stop. Stop it feels Like Tim kates is like a ham fisted tight end recruit from nineteen, sixty like punching at the.
Speaker 2: Phone are you okay in?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 2: Tim my? GOD i think it's is? It put him? Up let's hear.
Speaker 5: It let's just paw game oil down to three.
Speaker 7: Things three Things number, one the team.
Speaker 5: That hits the hardest and the.
Speaker 7: Longest the team that starts the fastest and the team is too damn smart to make. Mistakes it's too smart to make, mistakes and that team will win without any question if you take it to, them if you don't make, mistakes and you keep taking it to them till there's no question who will. Win there's no question who'll. Win, now let's go out and do.
Speaker 8: It let's.
Speaker 3: Come, on, Hi, woody It's petros And don. McClain we'd love. You kind of always rooted For michigan ever since Touchdown Tim biakabatuca took it To Eddie george in that. Game BUT i appreciate the. RIVALRY i don't really have a dog in a. Fight And i'll be in The detroit area for the game over the, weekend even Though i'm calling The Michigan state, game which is slightly less.
Speaker 1: Not as much fan fair at Ford field On. Saturday Takes woody appreciate, it all? Right that was pretty.
Speaker 2: Good oh SO i DIDN'T i didn't get. That you leave a message? TOO i don't, know BUT i did leave a message just. Case do you want to leave? One?
Speaker 3: Don, no let's have let you know. What let's give him an. Opportunity let's see If don wants to talk To woody from the. Grave let's Call Woody hayes. Back, no, yes come, on you Know i'm not gonna say. Anything you might, know didn't you guys ever prank call people back in the. Day, ACTUALLY i want him to call.
Speaker 5: It oil down to three.
Speaker 2: Message it's the same speak number.
Speaker 7: One the team that hits the hardest and the, longest the team that starts the, fastest and the team is too damn smart to make. Mistakes that's too smart to make, mistakes and that team will win without any question if you take it to, him if you don't make, mistakes and you keep taking it to him till there's no, passion who will. Win there's no question. Who, now let's go out and do.
Speaker 8: It let's Go.
Speaker 2: So basically what you're, SAYING i am. Okay so what what you're saying is if we just take it to, him, right we're. Good we just take it to him and we and we're too smart to make. Mistakes so it's that. SIMPLE i think that goes across our entire. Lives let's just take it to, Him, pee we got the next got to be four, hours gotta be. Smart just take it to, him he.
Speaker 3: Said the team that's too damn smart to make. MISTAKES i want to just take it to.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 3: Man WHEN i first started doing college football and doing on the, RADIO i had a producer Named Craig, larson And i'm sure he had called you many times to come on the old radio show THAT i worked on at The korean. Station And Craig larson had had a long career producing radio for Sporting news out Of chicago and this and, that and he hired an old football coach by the name Of Jim whacker as and he was the Old minnesota, coach the OLD tcu, coach to be his, correspondent you, know to come on and be a football. Expert And Jim whacker unexpectedly died in like two thousand and three at the age of sixty. Six so to this, Day Craig, larson who lives In, texas now calls me and leaves a message on my phone From Jim.
Speaker 2: Whacker petrols It's Jim, whacker and he goes on and on and.
Speaker 3: On so this very much reminds me of calling a college football coach that has passed away of my old radio and that radio producer was a guy who taught me, like you, know WHEN i first started doing sports, RADIO i WAS i MEAN i had, mentors you, Know Mark uska And John, hefner but Especially. Uska but WHEN i first started doing sports, radio you, KNOW i thought you had to do sports radio like a sports radio, Guy like you had to be like do the, score run down the, score, yeah or Like Jim rome and be like, phenomenal you, know or. Whatever LIKE i didn't know what to. Do and it Was larson who wrote a parody song for me to. Sing and when once we started doing stuff like that and realizing you didn't have to do what everybody else was, doing and the times were changing, too because information was a lot easier to get and the radio shows became more about. Entertaining it came at a very good time for. Me SO i am very very always been very sort of honorable With Craig larson and what he taught.
Speaker 7: Me BUT.
Speaker 3: I did not enjoy always getting calls From Jim whacker from Beyond.
Speaker 2: It's Whacker AND i could, say right, NOW i mean just going on and on and. On SO i can't believe since you dug up this story in this phone number for what he hayes is both Shim beckler still. Alive do we know that Sham becker's, dead so why don't we get a number for? Him, well there was.
Speaker 3: Some like, controversy something like where Sham beckler lets something unsavory go. Through i'm not saying it's as bad As, paterno but It's paterno. ESQUE i guess back in the, day so many people have kind of canceled both Sham beckler really, WELL i think they left his statue. Up but thanks a, Lot, don that's not WHAT i. Read you, know we're trying to keep it, cool and he had to make it. WEIRD i was just, WONDERING i, mean come, On, don why'd you have to do?
Speaker 2: It writing shot that for the next couple of? Days, Wait, ronnie how is the state allowed to have two official? SONGS i don't? Know don's that's WHAT i. Read what's the other? ONE i don't know and didn't. Care it's immaterial for this particular segment of the. Show how WHAT i?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 3: Guys WHEN i come in, Here don comes in here and always asks one what do they do for Sham becker because he's been publicly?
Speaker 2: Shamed?
Speaker 3: DON i did not, know AND i guess the public shame of socking a player For clemson is not as not as egregiously, apparently should we call him one more? Time can we call coach one more? TIME i, Promise, look IF i promise to not call him again throughout the rest of the, day Maybe Craig, larson Who i'm indebted, to that's the WORD i was looking. For Maybe Craig larson will call and do A Jim whacker impression for.
Speaker 2: Us that'd be. GREAT i like the way you're talking ABOUT Usc. Petrose It's Jim.
Speaker 5: Whacker Just Paul, gamble boil down to three. Things take three. Things come on number.
Speaker 7: One the team that hits the hardest and the, longest the team that starts the, fastest and the team is too damn smart to make. Mistakes it's too smart to make. Mistakes and that team will win without any question.
Speaker 5: If you take it to, him if you don't.
Speaker 7: Make, mistakes and you keep taking it to, him tell hers no.
Speaker 2: Question who will keep taking it to?
Speaker 5: Him there's no question who will. Win, now let's go out and do. It let's go.
Speaker 2: And we're airing that.
Speaker 3: Game Ohio state At michigan number one at number, fifteen nine am.
Speaker 2: Let's take it to. Him. Coach, oh we left him that.
Speaker 3: Message we told you a game if, Coach If Coach hayes is out here IN la he can listen on a five SEVENTY La sports at The Rose bowl one, Year Woody hayes punched AN La times photographer on the.
Speaker 2: Sideline but back then you could sock. Anybody, yeah not.
Speaker 3: Anymore Jim whacker calling me from beyond the grave Through Craig larson for, many many.
Speaker 6: YEARS i Think Bob toledo's got a number we can call to talk TO ucla football with.
Speaker 3: HIM i, Mean i'm Sure Bob toledo would come. On but if you wanted Get Bob toledo, on you wouldn't have just mentioned it nonchalantly here right in the middle of this.
Speaker 6: Segment, Yeah i've lost his, contact and quite, frankly he's falling off the.
Speaker 2: Radar, well we could bring him.
Speaker 3: Back just because somebody's falling off the radar doesn't stop us from talking to. Him god, knows we'll talk to anybody we just called a dead. Man think about, That kate's and we'll be right back talking some hoops with.
Speaker 2: Our dear Friend don. McLain. Yeah, also on the show.
Speaker 3: Today BECAUSE usc has made a fool of themselves in more than one. Way Scott wolf will join the show the greatest beat rider that ever.
Speaker 2: COVERED usc.
Speaker 3: And Kirk morrison kind of a lot of negative themes. Today don The clippers are. TERRIBLE usc dropped the ball In. Oregon they were never gonna win that game.
Speaker 2: Anyway do you know, what, Pe if we just keep taking it to, him it's all gonna work. Out we're gonna hit the. Hardest we're a lot smart enough to not turn it, over smart enough not to make. Mistakes, yeah WELL i just that that is. True but, really we just got to keep taking it to him in all.
Speaker 3: Facets are you trying to say That Woody hayes was using platitudes that don't resonate.
Speaker 2: Today, NO i MEAN i wake up in the morning And i'm Thinking i'm going to take it to.
Speaker 3: Them clap your. HANDS i can't. WAIT i do feel like that's how that guy's Name smith wakes up that. Morning the, dad the sales. DAD i can't wait to see what. Happens, No Jerry maguire's. Boss, yeah the. Agent was it a dicky? SOMETHING i can't wait to see what today has it. START i feel like that's How Matt smith wakes up in the. MORNING i certainly do not me, Neither, no BUT I Woody hayes has inspired. Me i'm going to start to take it to. Him i'm going to take it to. Him tomorrow Morning i'm waking. Up let's take it to. HIM i appreciate Your. Starcastle we'll be right back with More. Petros somebody ON amfi SEVENTY La Sports long, Lived Jim Whackers.
Speaker 1: Memory we've made it even easier to TAKE La sports with you this. Summer MAKE am five to seventy or your FAVORITE am five SEVENTY La sports podcast a preset on The iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Using Apple CarPlay Or Android auto Road trip all summer WITH La Sports.
Speaker 3: Cracking, everybody welcome. Back It's petras and money on amphi SEVENTY La. Sports don McClain is he here on The Southern California Toyota dealers celebrity guest. Microphone we'll hear From Scott wolf about the aftermath of USC's loss To oregon and different THINGS usc did up there to embarrass. Themselves but speaking of, that they didn't take it to them, Pee, no they did. Happen, well you keep mentioning. It we Called Woody. Hayes there's everybody's excited About Ohio State. Michigan nobody's excited ABOUT USC. Ucla, luckily we have The Ohio State michigan game ON am, five seventy number one versus number. Fifteen it's the big noon, kickoff so it kicks off at nine am out here On. Saturday and people were, saying you're wrong to Give Woody hayes all that, shine not because he sought a photographer in The Rose bowl or socked The clemson. PLAYER i don't mind a college football coach socking everybody once in a. WHILE i grew up in a different. TIME i know it's, wrong but people think equal time BECAUSE i. Don't i'd Never i've never done a game in The. Horseshoe have you ever done a game In Ohio? State, no AND I i have done a Game. MICHIGAN i have done The Big. House see see. That so neither of us have ever even been To. Columbus but we've both been to Ann. Arbor so that being, said we got to give equal. Time here is a famous speech from the aforementioned Bo schembeckler Legendary mischigon head football.
Speaker 4: Coach we want The Big ten, championship and we're gonna win it as a. Team they can throw out all those great backs and great quarterbacks and great defensive players throughout the country and in this, conference but there's gonna be one team that's gonna play solely as a. Team no man is more important than the, Team no coach is more important than the. Team the, team the, team the. Team and if we think that, way all of, us everything that you, do you take into consideration what effect does it have on my? Team because you can go into professional, football you go anywhere you want to. Play after you leave, here you will never play for a team. Again you'll play for a. Contract you'll play for, this you'll play for. That you'll play for everything except the.
Speaker 3: Team that rewind a. Little you hear the piano come? In, YEP i didn't hear no piano come in on.
Speaker 2: Winnings you'll play for everything except the.
Speaker 3: Team not wait wait, WAIT i didn't. Know And michigan was like A nordstrom that they had a guy ready to play the. Piano there wasn't a piano guy in the in the locker room Before Ohio state Played michigan During Woody hayes's.
Speaker 4: Thing for everything except the, team and think what a great thing it is to be a part of something that is the. Team we're gonna win. It we're gonna win the championship again because we're gonna play as a team better than anybody else in this. Conference we're gonna play together as a. Team we're gonna believe in each. Other we're not gonna criticize each. Other we're not gonna talk about each. Other we're gonna encourage each.
Speaker 2: Other, john when we play as a.
Speaker 4: Team when the old season is, over you AND i know it's gonna Be michigan, Again.
Speaker 2: Michigan what about. THAT i GOTTA i gotta revise my morning routine. Tomorrow now what's gonna be About let's get up and take it to. Him, now it's let's take it to him as part of a.
Speaker 3: Team there's a lock of respect coming from that side of the. Room these are great football men of, yesteryear telling great inspirational football wisdom like. Words and you are pulling your pants down and defecating all over, it AND i like. IT i just got a text from Coach, king who coached for fifty years in The South bay And Long beach. Area he coached for decades At Riviera Hall Lutheran, school where he is, revered and he wrote me this. Text, OKAY i want you to listen. Close don you know maybe in your basketball, world you know your high scoring ways and your draft, stuff maybe you've forgotten about the, team about what it takes ME i have and taking it to. Him maybe you forgot about that, Too not, anymore it, SAYS i get it. Now my son's name is fletchery, Right fletcher just had to take it to. Him DAMN i WISH i had known that the last fifty. Years, yeah all you had to do is take it to me. Too that's all you got to do.
Speaker 5: In.
Speaker 1: Everything should we Call woody? Back are you gonna Call woody back right? Now are you gonna Call woody?
Speaker 7: Back?
Speaker 2: YEAH i need it one more time to solidify THE.
Speaker 5: I want to hear this bow gamble boil down to three. Things three.
Speaker 7: Things number, one the team that hits the hardest and the, longest the team that starts the. Fastest and the team is too damn smart to make. Mistakes it's too smart to make, mistakes and that team will win without any question if you take it to, them if you don't make, mistakes and you keep taking it to, them tell there's no question who will. Win there's no question who will. Win, now let's go out and do.
Speaker 8: It let's go.
Speaker 2: Out keep taking it.
Speaker 1: TOO i don't like the way you're, acting because there is such a thing as taking it to.
Speaker 2: HIM i, Know i'm you Think i'm making fun of. It this has been a great reminder for me BECAUSE i think Sometimes, PEE i take it to, him BUT i don't keep taking it to.
Speaker 3: Him that's the. Key you got to keep taking it to him as a, team as a, team and not be smart enough to not make. Mistakes now that's, well all, right that's not a. Bit here's another inspirational speech that we were reminded of when we. Called we didn't know we were going to do any of, this guys in this hour until we Called Woody. Hayes and we Called Woody hayes's number in the six to one four area, CODE i. Believe and once we Called Woody, hayes this opened up to. Us this this treasure trove of. KNOWLEDGE i don't ever say, This, PEE i can't wait to go to bed. Tonight you want to know why get?
Speaker 2: Away BECAUSE i can't wake, up can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and take it to and keep taking it to.
Speaker 1: Him Here's Dicky fox From Jerry. Maguire the key to this.
Speaker 2: Business is personal. RELATIONSHIPS i love getting up in the. MORNING i clapped my hands and, said this is going to be a great. Day says you love. Everybody you can't sell.
Speaker 3: Anybody roll with the Punches tomorrow's and other.
Speaker 1: Days if this is.
Speaker 2: Empty this doesn't.
Speaker 1: Matter.
Speaker 3: OKAY i don't have all of the answers in.
Speaker 1: Life to be, Honest i've failed as much As i've.
Speaker 2: Succeeded BUT i can't take it to.
Speaker 8: Him.
Speaker 2: YEAH i love.
Speaker 4: My life AND i wish you my kind of.
Speaker 2: Success ha.
Speaker 3: Ha this is becoming a really special day.
Speaker 2: Here. Yeah, now let me.
Speaker 3: Goosebumps, huh just Like Matt leonard had right before the se Organ Matt lionard, SAID i got goosebumps thinking about how close we are to winning and thinking about the college football playoff for My. Trojans here's my, Father John papadakis giving a speech to THE usc football team before they In, Montgomery. Alabama did it include keep taking it to. Him we're gonna. Listen Matt lionard sitting. THERE i Think Reggie bush was on the, team but he is a. Freshman they're all sitting, There, kenichi you, daisy guys like, that and my father full of piss and vinegar takes the stage at whatever double tree we were in In, Montgomery. Alabama wait Why?
Speaker 2: Montgomery, WELL i Don't. AUBURN i don't think that has a. Hotel that Was auburn.
Speaker 1: Game, YEAH i want you to repeat after, me only teams, win say. It, DAMN i want you to scream.
Speaker 2: It only teams With now look at each, other look at the man next to you and say. It say, it look at his eyes and say. It that's the.
Speaker 1: Truth AND i WISH i wish he had added taking. Wow but that's where we cut it. Off who knows what else he. Said it's lost to.
Speaker 3: HISTORY i mean maybe there's a tape, somewhere but that's where we got that's the truth, from which is very prevalent here on the, show as you.
Speaker 2: Know, Right, yeah there's no eye in Team. Pete you know.
Speaker 1: That, okay no one said, that all? Right that one. Sucks that does. SUCK i hate that there we have.
Speaker 2: This that's the.
Speaker 5: Truth that's the.
Speaker 2: Truth is from. That that's the.
Speaker 3: Truth but you know, WHAT i feel like we didn't show enough respect to both Sham. Beckler, here can we get some more Sham. BECKLER i, mean this is a big, game, guys.
Speaker 4: Ten, championship and we're gonna win it as a. Team they can throw out all those great backs and great quarterbacks and great defensive players throughout the country and in this, conference but there's gonna be one team that's gonna play solely as a. Team no man is more important than the, Team no coach is more important than the.
Speaker 2: Team now, wait, wait, wait team turn that. Off.
Speaker 3: Now you THINK i know why you don't like this because you're sitting there thinking LIKE i score thirty. Five If i'm not out, THERE ucla, loses, right that's what you're. Thinking that's because you haven't invested in the.
Speaker 2: Team.
Speaker 3: Team that's not true and taking it to, them taking it to.
Speaker 4: Them team the. Team and if we think that, way all of, us everything that you, do you take into, consideration what effect does it have on my? Team because you can go into professional, football you go anywhere you want to. Play after you leave, here you will never play for a team. Again you'll play for a, Contract you'll play for, This you'll for, That you'll play for everything except the. Team think what a great thing it.
Speaker 2: Is to be a.
Speaker 1: Boss because it's specials the.
Speaker 4: Team we're gonna win. It they gonna win the championship again because we're gonna play as a team better than anybody else in this. Conference we're gonna play together as a.
Speaker 8: Team we're gonna believe in each.
Speaker 4: Other we're not gonna criticize each, Other we're not gonna talk about each. Other we're gonna encourage each. Other and when we play as a, team when the old season is, over you AND i know it's gonna Be michigan.
Speaker 2: Man all right, Mon i'm so.
Speaker 3: Inspired wait, wait, wait wait one, more just because so people don't think that it's not just my crusty father on the eve of the twenty THREE usc football season In, Montgomery, alabama or a fifty year old clip Of bo Schem, beckler or a fifty year old clip Of Woody. Hayes there are still men inspiring football teams to this. Day Not Jim, whacker who left us at the early part of this. Century Bot let's hear From Dan, Lanning oh, yeah right BEFORE usc played orgon talking, ass calling Out, liner calling Out bush calling OUT usc to His orgon.
Speaker 1: Ducts the poser life and focus on your one on one, matchup, seniors this game we're all putting on the line for.
Speaker 9: You it's A dna. Game, connection, toughness, grow. Sacrifice it shows up right here and in this. Fight is they get a little bit, tired we say one more. Route after we hit a big, play we say one more. Round right after they start to, bleed we say one more. Round really simple for the seniors in this, room you get an opportunity to lay.
Speaker 1: It on the.
Speaker 2: Line they're living off their. History matt, line are he ain't walking through. That Reggie bush ain't gonna show, up But i'll tell you who he. Is Dante moore's gonna show.
Speaker 9: Up Bryce betcher gonna show, Up pacho gonna show, Up Play purchase gonna show. Up, sure, right the warriors necessary to go walk out there and.
Speaker 2: Deliver understand why are you wearing? Black you go into a trounchy. FUNERAL i, DON'T i. DON'T i didn't hear anything about taking it to. Him i'm thinking that SPEECH i think it was. IMPLIED i think it was. Implied, now don you know you had a thousand rebounds in your. CAREER i, mean that's taking it to, him you. Know Don it's not like you didn't just learn about taking it to him just. Now, No that's WHY i, Said i'm reminded. TODAY i Think i've been lost in the in the darkness of not taking it to him for the last twenty, years.
Speaker 3: Working AT, cia being all, corporate watching The clippers be.
Speaker 2: MISMANAGED i just.
Speaker 3: HAVEN'T i just haven't taken it to. HIM i haven't taken it to him and. Not i'm here to tell you you're going to stop. Tomorrow i'm, here like the ghost Of Christmas, paths to tell you to take it to.
Speaker 2: Him can't wait to wake up.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, well think about some legal, questions because if you take it to, him sometimes you get. Sued that's. Right James bergerer is going to join us. Next, hello P ms.
Speaker 1: Listener did you KNOW am five SEVENTY La sports has a wide range OF La sports.
Speaker 2: Podcasts There's rogan And. Rodney that one is my, Favorite Dodger talk.
Speaker 1: With David, Vasse The Dodger podcast Of, Record clipper talk without a, musk follow us all and many. More just go TO am five to SEVENTY La sports on The iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Ap we're taking it to. Him that's All i'm doing for the rest of my, life patres and, money taking it to him and then keep taking it to. Him it's rivalry.
Speaker 3: Week and if you really need to take it to, him you take it to your insurance. Company because you've been hurting an. Accident they're not giving you what you. Deserve and that's Where Sweet james comes.
Speaker 2: In order in the. Court order in the. Court it's time for. Justice With Sweet, james we're.
Speaker 1: Running a little lake because we're taking it to him so. Hard, Yeah and that's HOW i can.
Speaker 2: Ask James, dad he's become a, successful ultra successful.
Speaker 1: Businessman why do you think he takes it to the Insurance? James do you do you.
Speaker 2: Wake up every morning saying to, Yourself i'm gonna take it to him and then keep taking it to.
Speaker 8: Him that that's on my. Mirror you're gonna wake up with the. MONEY i look at that mantra every. Day that's.
Speaker 2: IT i, KNEW i knew that was. It do you have do you?
Speaker 3: Have like there are you know the habits of highly successful people you know are. Studied, uh do you have like a mantra every, Morning james that you'd share with, us Like i'm gonna take it to.
Speaker 8: Him i'm gonna keep taking. It not. REAL I i did a podcast recently and they're asking me, like how did you do? This AND i SAID i was too stupid to. KNOW i. Couldn't, REALLY i just keep. Going that's, just that's just it just keep going every. Day do you know, What?
Speaker 2: James no? OFFENSE i Think i'm gonna stick with The i'm gonna keep taking it to him and Not i'm too stoop to.
Speaker 3: Stupid i'm too stupid to know THAT i can't do it fair.
Speaker 2: Enough it was Now i'm gonna text.
Speaker 8: It you, KNOW i was gonna text. You donnald WAS i was grilling help me AND i was, LIKE i don't know how To.
Speaker 2: I've never DONE. Elk you'd have been calling the wrong. Person i've never done AN. Elk din'd you get AN? ELK i told you get AN? Elk did you shoot it a?
Speaker 8: BUDDY a buddy had shot it and brought it over and so we guilled it up and it was. Delicious it was surprising.
Speaker 2: Me i've heard it's. Good i've never done.
Speaker 3: It you taste the metal of the bullet Extra, Yeah, NO i just always thought. That all, right Sweet, JAMES i. DO i studied. This i've looked into. THIS i even talked to chat gpt about. It and so there has been uh there's a shipwreck from the seventeenth century or eighteenth, century from the seventeen hundreds and it. Sank it was A spanish galleon filled with billions of dollars of, gold The San, jose and it was it was ambushed and it. Sank and sometime in the eighties and it's Off carnahena in The Caribbean, sea Off. Columbia so sometime in the eighties An american salvage company discovered. It now and it's not like one big, piece like you take it up like a. Toy it takes a lot to get stuff. Out and they just brought a cannon. Up they just brought a couple of coins. Up they're said to be like five hundred billion dollars worth a going like it's the it's the it's the most lucrative shipwreck fine of all. Time and there are three entities fighting over, it THE us because of the salvage, Company columbia because it's in their, waters And spain Because spain, says, hey that's our. Stuff we never we never gave. It, yeah we never gave it. Back we never said anybody could ambush it and sink it in the. Ocean that, square, right that's A spanish. Gallion our conquista doors conquered that with their own conquering helmets because they.
Speaker 2: Took it to. Them they, did you know what.
Speaker 1: The AND i believe that Was, cortes the Killers mantra take it to them when it comes to The aztec and keep taking it to, them get all that.
Speaker 2: Gold you know why.
Speaker 1: They didn't clean out The miyans and murder all of, them, Right, no because they were there. Too the mines didn't have any. Gold they didn't have to take it to. Them they just, disappeared all. Right so you, go Sweet.
Speaker 3: James how long will this lawsuit go on between the three and? INTERNET i know you've been to The hague and had to wear your wig and all, That so how long is this going to go? On and who's who gets? It, Spain colombia or the or The Gnarl pirate from THE us that that got, it that found it.
Speaker 8: In the, eighties love. It this is probably going to be a decade long, lawsuit whereas there is maritime law that actually kind of kind of determines all. This i'm non familiar with. It but because it's In colombian, waters they can have a claim on. It but because it's done from The american, company they're gonna have a claim on. It so they're just gonna go and do A solomon and split the baby. There so they're gonna see something like. That but it's gonna take a lot of.
Speaker 2: Litigation, YEAH i was gonna ask that is there like like A i DON'T i don't know what you'd call, It like a person that would, say, hey let's s it's five hundred, billion, guys you'll each take one hundred and seventy.
Speaker 8: Billion, Yeah, yeah thet'll go to a mediator for. Sure.
Speaker 3: Mediators, Yeah But columbia says they don't care about the. Money columbia says it should be. Studied we're gonna study and learn more about history from these the boons and this beautiful golden. Cannon do you buy?
Speaker 2: That Sweet?
Speaker 8: James not one. Dead i've not read one history book From. Columbia that's.
Speaker 2: True it's about the.
Speaker 8: Money it's about, anytime anytime anybody says it's not about the, Money that's what it's. About, yeah the.
Speaker 2: Money, yea all?
Speaker 3: Right Uh Insurance. Kates do you have a question For Sweet? JAMES i, MEAN i don't like the hog at.
Speaker 2: All it's just Like james when guys say they're going to take less money to stay with the team until it's time to take less, money and then they, don't then they go somewhere.
Speaker 1: ELSE i do have a GREAT i have a great question here on the secret text DO soo line brought to you by your so Called toyota.
Speaker 2: Dealers we make it.
Speaker 3: Easy my wife is into these videos of packages exploding on porch. Pirates i'm, paranoid Yet i'm confident some pirate will. Sue are you familiar with this set out the people this time of the, year the a lot of packages being, delivered and then there are thieves that jump on the. Package and then there are people to counteract the thieves that put fake packages out there that explode like you robbed a. Bank, yeah because you know what they're, doing they're taking it to them. Off, yeah and they keep doing it so DOWN i, mean So, james IF i blind a, porch pirate with, pain or hurt at somebody with a, bomb or just frighten the hell out of them them and they have a stroke OR i don't, know like, what what's my? Liability they're the ones that are.
Speaker 8: Stealing, yeah, yeah, YEAH i doesn't want people to profit from their own. Mouthfeasons but you can't put a trap out there that would actually harm. SOMEBODY i love the glitter bombs are, great the bart spray that all the stuff is, work that's. Great just nothing that would actually injure, somebody because here's the law is going to, say what if some little kid grabs it and takes? It? Innocent, innocent innocent. Party so, YEAH i love the, videos love explosion stuff like the like the powder and, Stuff but just as long as it doesn't harm, anybody you'd be in.
Speaker 2: Trouble well what about, This, James i'm sure you guys have probably talked about. This what IF i opened the door as you guys on my doorstep on my, property AND i beat the crap out of.
Speaker 8: Them, well you can use reasonable force down reasonable whatever that, Is so you have to can't.
Speaker 2: Take it to them too. Much so here's this is great. Time so we can take it to, them but we can't keep taking it to.
Speaker 8: Them, yeah, yeah not.
Speaker 2: Five wait a, Second, james is it intent part of?
Speaker 6: This if they intend to rob you and commit a, crime you have the right to. Yourself if it's one thing of a six year old kid is being like a kid and goes up and grabs and wants to shake it around because they're trying to be.
Speaker 2: Funny they're a.
Speaker 6: Kid but if a man or a woman has the intent of robbing you and taking your, belongings can't you.
Speaker 8: Do something they have the men they're committing a. Crime, yes you cannot commit a crime stopping. Them you can lose, reasonable but you can't hurt. Them you can't have a booby trap there that like lives come out or something like. That in trouble to.
Speaker 6: That, yes oh my, god is that A california?
Speaker 2: Thing or is that like everywhere?
Speaker 8: Thing it's pretty much. Everywhere it's pretty much.
Speaker 1: Everywhere, yeah so you can take. Relax but, yes you can take it to, them but not too. Much you just take it to everything, MODERATING i.
Speaker 2: Tell, you after What i've heard, Today. James my taking it to him maybe too? Much, yeah you don't just. GUESSING i feel like it might be as. Well we love, You.
Speaker 3: James eight hundred nine, million the greatest personal injury attorney that ever lived in you, Here why continues to take it to? Him? Why because he's too stupid to know that he can't.
Speaker 2: Have great Thanksgiving, james great job you. Guys we're thankful for. You Sweet.
Speaker 3: James you can't even imagine how much you're the. Best thank you taking it to? Him, yeah words to live. BY i can't believe it slipped past me for the last thirty. Years you like the catcher in the. Rye now you caught it and now you can live by.
Speaker 2: It damn.
Speaker 3: Right don't let him bother you that you didn't know. Before be grateful that you know.
Speaker 2: NOW i owe the next hopefully thirty years of my life To Woody. Hayes take it to.
Speaker 3: Him, yeah we'll be right back on this two Edaminal Tuesday this take it To Him tuesday with the word number and song of The, day And Scott woolfell join us to talk about How Dan lanning took it to usc