Speaker 1: It's beautiful it.
Speaker 2: Oh, hello, good morning. It is Monday, Monday, Monday. No no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, it's thirsday. It is a War of the Roses Day. Second day for Joe, second row for Jonas Brothers tickets.
Speaker 3: I had the house to myself last night. Was glorious. Oh what did you do walk around naked?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I watched Scarface.
Speaker 2: On on I don't know, Prime or something like that.
Speaker 1: So you sat around naked?
Speaker 2: Sat around? No, we stopped trying to picture me naked. So it was glorious. And I did a little exercise on the treadmill, and I watched Scarface, one of the greatest movies of all time.
Speaker 1: I've never seen it.
Speaker 2: It's not your style of movie. Yeah, it's violent and has tons of F words in it. There's lots of gunning and killing and and chainsaw. One guy gets chainsawed to death. Yeah really, Yeah, it's pretty dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no like a love story.
Speaker 2: Well there is, because Tony Montana, the head drug pin the Scarface Scarface. Yeah, he falls in love with the boss's wife, Michelle Pfeiffer. Yeah. Though, well it was a bad idea and eventually she actually chooses Tony Montana. After Tony Montana kills the boss with the chain saw, No, not with the chainsaw, just just just shoots him, just like bumm.
Speaker 3: He didn't shoot him, but his friend. His friend shot him.
Speaker 1: Tap tapam. Writing this down, you're never gonna see Star.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you had a great movie experience last night, David. Yes, I'm a little pete off, not pete off. I went to go see him last night. I'm not gonna say where I went, but the theater we went to was straight out of the seventies. Literally, there were no like you know how there's movie poster screens, like digitized screens, didn't have that. There was one employee working the concession stand and at one point she just said something weird to me kind of threw me off. Then we went into the movie theater and it's all my Instagram story, but she say.
Speaker 3: What did she say? Weird? Do you what do you mean?
Speaker 4: I asked for a blue raspberry icy and she went over and she was like, oh, it's not ready yet, and I was like, okay, can I just get a soda then? Because I didn't want another flavor? And then she goes, oh, I think it'll be ready in like two minutes. So what I'm assuming is she just didn't want to give you back change for a soda, So why didn't you just tell me from the beginning?
Speaker 1: It can take a couple of seconds. It was just weird behavior.
Speaker 4: And it was literally like I was in a horror movie where there was an abandoned movie theater. There was maybe four people in the entire theater, including Alyssa and I. Then we went in the theater and it looked like it wasn't black walls. The movie screen was super duper small. It looks so old that there was like curtains surrounding it, like seventies movie theory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where were you the lagoon? Right did you go to?
Speaker 1: I was in AMC Mounts View.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I've never been. I don't know, Okay, okay, yeah, okay. He's still nineteen seventy nine and mountains pretty much.
Speaker 1: They haven't updated it at all.
Speaker 3: How did you like the movie?
Speaker 2: Him?
Speaker 4: It was, without spoiling too much, it was it took a weird turn, which is what I've heard on the internet. I'm not gonna say how, but it took a very weird turn. Towards the end.
Speaker 3: But I like it.
Speaker 1: I appreciated it. I'm not gonna say I liked it.
Speaker 4: Marlon Wayne's did a phenomenal job in that movie.
Speaker 2: I liked it. I almost loved it. I thought it was really good. It was just surreal and bizarre and weird. I love movies like that that make you think it was a kind of thrillery kind of horror. But I think it was more just like a thriller make you.
Speaker 3: Think it was.
Speaker 2: It was I kind of a shock, kind of a thankfully, but I saw one battle after another.
Speaker 1: I've heard that's really good.
Speaker 3: It was really good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's an Oscar contender. So yeah, Bainley got her hair dye.
Speaker 1: I did. I got my hair done. You guys didn't say anything to me about it. I didn't look at you.
Speaker 3: I wasn't noticed yet. It's very noticeable.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: It is a darker than it.
Speaker 1: Was, Yes, it is.
Speaker 5: It's brown now brown for Fall, I was kind of sick of the blonde, which is this is what happens when you have an appointment to get your hair done. The day before you get your hair done, you get endless compliments on your hair.
Speaker 3: Oh God, you look great today. Oh your hair looks great to do.
Speaker 1: Your hair is so cute, and I'll great, thank you.
Speaker 5: I have an appointment tomorrow, Like, oh sorry, I have an appointment tomorrow, but I do really like it.
Speaker 1: It's for fall.
Speaker 3: Get this new boy, your scene or what's going on?
Speaker 5: No, because okay, here's what's annoying about this man that I've been going on dates with. And you can tell me what you think, Dave. Okay, so I've gone on two dates with him. I did give him my phone number so we could take it off of hinge. Yeah, and I thought, oh, I'll give him my phone number so he'll be better at responding. No, absolutely not. So I I messaged him on Tuesday or I texted him on Tuesday, and it took.
Speaker 1: Him like over like a day, over a day to respond to me.
Speaker 5: And then he's like, oh, so sorry about like not getting back to you in time. My parents are in town, this work thing whatever, and so now I'm being kind of petty, and so I'll be like, Okay, well you took a day and a half to respond to me, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To take six hours to respond to You have to do that. You have to play the game. Oh I'm so annoyed about it. But whatever, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'll probably see him because he asked me if I wanted to do, like go see an improv.
Speaker 2: That's good that he wants to see it, So he's not ghost. He's probably just bad at texting. Somebody wants to see you again, so this is a good thing. That's the big picture.
Speaker 5: I might see him again today tonight because I except it was like I already have tickets to something, and I said, well, I have tickets to this thing. You could come if you want, which I realized, like that's not necessarily super thoughtful of me, but like, I live my life for me, and I was going to go see this play, and so if he wants to come, sure again.
Speaker 2: That is absolutely fine. There's nothing wrong with that. Hey, maybe with a little more enthusiasm instead of like, well I had other plans, but you can tag along and you want to. That's the bat that conveys no excitement. You should be like, hey, you know what I'm doing tonight. I'm going to see this show. You should come along. It'd be a lot of fun. You see the difference there, Bailey, Okay, I.
Speaker 5: Said mostly that, except I didn't say it'll be a lot of fun I just said, hey, I know people in the show, and it should be really funny.
Speaker 1: If you'd like to go, you can go.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not bad. Okay, that's not bad.
Speaker 2: You shave your armpits for this guy, no legs, No plug your eyebrows.
Speaker 1: I don't really need to pluck my average.
Speaker 3: What about that mold?
Speaker 5: Did you?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll have to do that when I get home.
Speaker 3: We'll cover up. Yeah, nail clippers of that most it's going to burn it off. All right, we'll be back in a second. We are fed up.
Speaker 2: Sixty five percent of people in America have had it up to here with this thing that we have to do. And we've talked about this a lot. But what is it specifically that we've had it up to here? But two out of three of us are done with this. We'll tell you about that coming up on kPa. We are, in the words of Chris Rock, tired, tired, tired. What is that from one of his stand ups? I don't know, tired, tired, tired, Damn, damn, damn, No, that's uh, that's Florida from Good Times when her husband dies. Yeah, okay, anyway, how much do you think you spend per year on tips that you don't think are warranted. I'll set the over under it too damn much. According to a new report, the average person is paid around one hundred and fifty dollars in tips they are not totally comfortable with over the past year.
Speaker 3: We are tired, tired, tired of tipping.
Speaker 2: These are situations where you don't think a tip should be expected, like for an oil groomer, or a dog groomer, or an oil change. Sorry, when you feel pressured into tipping more than you want, like a casual counter service restaurant for ride service, or at a hair salon, or when you end up tipping for bad service because it's customary, you feel bad for the employee and you don't want to look cheap. I always thought, you know, if they ask for a tip at Starbucks or Cara, but and I usually always give you like a buck or fifty cents almost almost every single time. McDonald's doesn't ask for a tip, right, And it's like they're working just as hard at McDonald's as any barista is.
Speaker 4: This is a great point. McDonald's doesn't when they make you. When they spin the things you can tap your card or whatever. They don't say tip, but that's always the first question when you're at Starbucks.
Speaker 5: It's always exciting to me when they turn the thing around and you can it's exciting. Part well, no, when they turn it around you tap your card and it doesn't pop up with a tip tip window. They are saying like kind of pretend that you didn't see it. Like when it's time, I feel away.
Speaker 2: A little guilty when you say it'll say like eighteen percent.
Speaker 3: Two percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you say other than you hit other and say zero. You feel a little Oh.
Speaker 1: I've never done zero.
Speaker 5: I usually like if fifteen percent is more than a dollar, then I'll do custom and then just say one dollar.
Speaker 1: Oh, give you a dollar, like especially for like drinks, like at a bar.
Speaker 4: I don't feel bad all the time, just because most of the time when I'm at Starbucks, I'm going through the drive through. And not to sound like an a hole, but I'm doing the work.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, I'm to read you one minute. This is really interesting. I found this and I screenshot it. I want to share this with you, guys. I'm doing the work by coming through. Now if we're.
Speaker 4: Like I said, at a at a at what.
Speaker 3: Is this chee cheese?
Speaker 4: You're being You're doing a weight or waitress service. So yes, I will tip you and more than a dollar. Okay, well hopefully more than a dollar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I found something about pay it forward. Here we go. This is from a former barista worked at Starbucks for seven years. Since the current employees cannot say it, I will pay it forward or buy for the car behind you. Is extremely annoying and makes everything confusing. It makes it easy to hand out the wrong drinks and it just sucks. Instead of paying for the people behind you, who can afford their own stuff since they're in line, intending to pay tip the people making your drinks who have been understaffed four months. It's true, valid, Thank you for coming to my ted talk, says Hannah Wilson. And I think that's a really good point. I never do the pay for somebody to behind behind. I rarely go through the drive through. Yeah actually I do, but this time of the morning there's never anybody behind me, so it's just me. So that's a really good point. Instead of saying, hey, you know what, go ahead and get the drink for the person behind me. Oh okay, well that's another seven dollars and fifteen cents. Just give the barista a couple of bucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give them seven dollars to fifteen cents. They'd be thrilled. The person behind you appreciate it. But they also could be driving a range Rover on their way to work in like why Za somewhere, or they're home in Wysetta's and.
Speaker 1: The tip of bree stuff. That really is such a good point.
Speaker 4: There was a trend for a while, like the pay it Forward thing, where YouTubers would be like, pay for the next three guys behind me.
Speaker 1: They're in line, they have the money already.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a nice gesture for sure, But I mean that really makes sense. Give it to the woman that's working behind the counter.
Speaker 1: I can guarantee, like that person said, they're probably understaffed.
Speaker 3: She's got four kids.
Speaker 1: She's got four kids and one on the way dates and one of them I know.
Speaker 2: All right, let's say we're talking about Jonas Brothers tickets in the second row coming up by next hour. Should we brag about what you're gonna get to do with the Jonas Brothers show.
Speaker 5: I mean we can I guess I uh, this.
Speaker 2: Is pretty cool. Bailey loves Jonas brothers, so.
Speaker 5: Like I love the Jonas Brothers, but I wouldn't say like in terms of their music I know all of their music. I don't. I don't know all their music. I just like them as people fig fan. But I get to be in the pit at their concert, like the little pit where the Asia security people stands. Yeah, probably down there, I just get. I mean, if you look up, it's like crop shot. That's essentially where I get to sitka cha and.
Speaker 2: Stand on stare you do me a favorite. Don't embarrass the station by staring.
Speaker 5: What I'm excited for because I am technically there's a station representative, and I get to take pictures and stuff. Is when Kevin walks by and no one says anything, I'm gonna go out because I love Kevin. He's my favorite. So when he walks by, maybe we'll lock eyes and then he'll be like, you're so your whisper.
Speaker 1: Whisper, You're so adorable. That'll de is not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But it's so adorable because Kevin is the Thugs McGee of the Jones brothers, and it's it's so Bailey to pick. You were probably a big Chris Kirkpatrick fan, okay, back in the day, and also a big Howie d.
Speaker 3: Fan back in the day.
Speaker 1: Actually my sister was Chris kerk Patrick.
Speaker 5: I did like Justin back in the day, okay, But it is it is the reason why I like Kevin so much, just because he's the one that nobody likes and I feel bad.
Speaker 1: So I like Kevin. He's my favorite. And he's gonna see me across the road.
Speaker 3: Oh, here we go.
Speaker 1: It's gonna whisper to.
Speaker 5: Send her back, give my room back to the green room after and then I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 1: You're gonna kiss.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll be back at a second.
Speaker 2: On kat we did We did the sing along song of the day yesterday it was Cheerleader by Omi. We did I Think hold On by Wilson Phillips. The other day we did Joejoe Leave Get Out. What songs share was Believe? What song do you want to sing along with? This morning? The sing along song of the day is coming up next because it has been proven to boost your mood to sing along with the radio. Sing out loud. Let's do it next. But I need suggestions of a song? What do you want to sing along with? Text at kd w B one and we'll do it when we come back. By the way, if you text in, answer your phone because we'd love to put.
Speaker 1: You on the right The Dave Ryan Show on kd w B.
Speaker 3: We've got Lisa on the phone. Good morning Lisa.
Speaker 5: Hey there, Good morning guys.
Speaker 3: Where are you listening this morning?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm down in Prior Lake.
Speaker 3: Go later, all beautiful down there. You ever go to? You ever take the pontoon over to Candy Cove.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we go over there and Charlie's and have a good time.
Speaker 2: Candy Cove is like the party hot spots, kind of like Big Island on Lake Minnetonka. Everybody goes down there with like a you know, a six pack of bud Light and well made, probably a cooler of bud Light and.
Speaker 3: Get your drink up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me something unique about you, something unusual.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, you know I'm the only one up this morning out of all the fun people in my house. My husband, my ninth grader, my third grader. Nice and quiet?
Speaker 2: Don't you love this quiet time? When does the chaos start? When does the chaos begin?
Speaker 1: At about twenty five minutes.
Speaker 2: As she knows, you're having coffee, you're listening to the radio, and you're gonna wake everybody up by singing along with what song?
Speaker 1: Oh, Vanessa Carlton one thousand miles.
Speaker 2: It's a love this song, such a great choice. Thanks Lisa, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, guys, have a great one.
Speaker 3: A little fun fact about that song.
Speaker 2: Remember the part that goes this part right here, yes, here we go.
Speaker 5: None.
Speaker 1: It was originally written with just three notes bomb.
Speaker 3: Bomb bum bum bum bum.
Speaker 2: The producer said, uhh, we're gonna make it go and that kind of makes that whole part of the song. And you've never seen White Chicks, right the movie, You've never seen it.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because I feel like that movie is what made the song pop the way that it does because of that part, because Terry Crews does the little neck movement then and then I think it would become a hit song even without the movie. White Chicks make a bold statement. The drummer on that song. The drummer on that song is the same guy that plays drums for Paul McCartney's touring band WO. I was on Twitter one time and I messaged him and he messaged me back, so we're kind of tight.
Speaker 3: His name is Abe.
Speaker 1: You guys are besties.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Really, I love fun facts. It's sometimes like we listen to stuff and it's like pop up video where Dave's like did you know that?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 5: Blah, and you're like, wow, fun facts, A little fun facts pop up?
Speaker 3: You pick him up over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's KTWB Jonas Brothers tickets coming up at about seven twenty this morning. These are second row Jonas Brothers tickets. Brandy War of the Roses comes up at seven thirty five. I also have a big announcement at seven oh five we.
Speaker 3: Do Oh my god, how did I forget about this?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they didn't put you on the email. Okay they did.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm so glad you reminded me. Big announcement coming up. It says seven o five this morning that you're gonna want to hear and it's super cool and you might be able to guess what it is. If you've listened to the station for a while, you might be able to guess what it is. But we'll tell you about that. Coming up at about seven oh five on KADI WB. We're gonna get right into roup th bignnouncement coming up this morning at about seven oh five or so.
Speaker 1: We're very excited about this one.
Speaker 2: I will tell you it involves you, and we love that when you are a part of things. So there's a little something in it for you. Seven o five this morning. Then again we're loaded up today seven twenty. It's Jonas Brothers tickets in row number two. Your odds of catching a guitar, pick a drumstick a guitar, or a beer bottle to the head, or really a really really good.
Speaker 1: Like fleck of sweat. That's exactly the sweat.
Speaker 3: Odds are really good. Second row.
Speaker 2: Then Brandy war the Roses comes up at seven thirty five. It's all on the Way on kd w B.
Speaker 1: Don't need social media for gossip, rumors and half truths. You've got Dave's dirt on kd w B.
Speaker 2: So, Dolly Parton has a sister that like basically said prayers for Dolly, Prayers for Dollie, and and you're kind of like, oh my god, is she not doing well? Dolly Parton comes to Dolly Parton's rescue.
Speaker 6: I want you to know that I'm okay. I've got some problems. As I mentioned, when my husband Karl was very sick, I didn't take care of myself. So I let a lot of things go that I should have been taken care of. Nothing major, but I did have to cancel some things so it could be closer to home, closer to Vanderbilt. There's just a lot of rumors flying around, but I figured if you heard it from me, you'd know that I was okay.
Speaker 2: I'm glad to hear that Dolly should live forever. It is one of those people like Betty White, you wanted to live forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought it was kind of funny too that her sister's like, hey, prayers for Dolly, and then I bet she did that without Dolly Parton's like grace like.
Speaker 3: To do it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: It'd be like if I if I went and said, you guys, please pray for Dave. Pray for Dave, and people are like, well, the day we bought a power wall, take okay, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: So we're making this like kind of video saying hi not dead.
Speaker 2: It was an old radio stunt that was like we used to do, like I don't think we ever did it. But I know radio people who'd be like, when Justin Timberlake was really popular, Hey, thoughts and prayers, justin Timberlake. The moment of silence for Justin Timberlake, and people would be like, what he fell off his skateboard. Oh god, stupid radio pill. That's white people hate DJ's von They'll never become that DJ.
Speaker 4: I'm stuck on Justin Timberlake skateboard at all.
Speaker 1: It's official.
Speaker 5: Taylor Swift's record is the best selling album debut ever.
Speaker 1: So that's exciting.
Speaker 5: She's moved three point five million album equivalent units and that beats Adele's record that she had with her album twenty five. And what is really impressive is that three point two million of those record sales is an actual album sales and the streaming only accounts for about three hundred thousand units.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, So.
Speaker 5: If she stays on pace throughout like this week, she'll also beat Adell's record, like adel made a bunch of records apparently for like streaming as well as record sales. So Taylor Swift is on top best selling album debut ever.
Speaker 4: They're doing the induction for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame soon, and we knew who was going to be in it already being inducted, and but we now they announced who was going to be special guests at the ceremony. Olivia Rodrigo, Doja, Cat, Elton John, David Letterman, Brandy Carlisle, Flee, Iggy Pop and Questlove. They're all going to be on the list for special guests. But just in case you forgot who is getting inducted, his little montage are some of the greatest.
Speaker 7: Hits Cindy Laufer, Chubby Checker, Outcast, White Stripes, Bad Company, clearly, Joe Cocker.
Speaker 1: And Sound Larder.
Speaker 2: I heard that you know, all these big names are gonna be there, Elton, John, Doja, can't, Olivia Rodrigo, David Letterman, Flee, and that they haven't said what they're doing yet and maybe they're performing. I mean, what is David Letterman going to do?
Speaker 1: I assume they're now.
Speaker 3: It's cool, though, right, I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: That, like Chubby Checker hasn't won anything yet that was such a.
Speaker 3: Holding song, such a pioneer.
Speaker 5: White Stripe seem like decades after Chubby Checker.
Speaker 2: Chubby Checker was like early sixties. Yeah, list of celebrity tippers. We were talking about tippers earlier. Celebrity good tippers, tips tipped well, Joe Rogan, Steve Carell. Somebody said my biggest tip, percentage wise, came from him. Him and his family were kind and down to earth and were a pleasure to serve. Carlos Santana the most humble and respectful celebrity I ever served. He always tips one hundred dollars he's with his family. It's double sometimes triple that. Bruce Willis, he tipped one hundred dollars for every single drink. Sir friendly, low maintenance of prints among men, and your favorite Bailey. Elvis Presley came in with some officers and stayed for an hour. They had a meal and a few beers. Elvis left five thousand dollars plus a large tip. Other officers said that he officers said he did the same. Okay, here are the bad tippers.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Tina Fay what no surprising. I love Tina Feye. In another life we'd be married because we're both super funny. Yeah, stand by that she was demanding, smoked a cigarette at the outdoor table, even after being asked to stop. She left less than ten percent for the tip. Three and four Dave Chappelle and Danny DeVito. This sewer said, I served them, did their special requests and got nothing from Dave and a handful of change from Danny DeVito less than five bucks. Not a fan of either. One Scottie Pippen, former Chicago Bull, he didn't leave a tip at that moment. I came up with the nickname no Tippin' Pippin' come on, but the number one worst tipper Jennifer Lopez clear, Oh my god, server says she's eating my restaurant. All the servers who wait on her all say the same thing. She's rude, entitled, and doesn't tip up pennees.
Speaker 4: Just yesterday, Jenny did the Jenny's been on Reddit of celebrities who are actually reported to be mean, and j Loo I think topped that list too.
Speaker 1: She said she was nice when.
Speaker 3: You met it.
Speaker 2: When she came in, she was funny, kind, humble, polite, all of the things. But then somebody said, well, you know when people come to radio stations, they're on their their public behavior. Yeah, yeah, not their private behavior, so could be all right. That is the dirt brought to you by six one two injured, Heimer and Lammer's injury law coming up. A big announcement for katiewb in about another ten minutes. Are we changing format? People have been talking about changing format to all poka all the time, or Baby, it could be. It could be somebody's leaving the Dave Ryan in the morning show, or Rusty Gaitonby has taken.
Speaker 1: Over the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show. You never know.
Speaker 2: We'll tell you about that coming up in a minute. Major announcement when we come right back