Speaker 1: The quest for the three peat has begun.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is world Champion Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: Here we go again.
Speaker 5: We're get ready running.
Speaker 1: Back, hosted by Dodgers hind signer David Bassett.
Speaker 2: How are yeah?
Speaker 4: Three peat in the mix?
Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is brought to you by La County Public Works Champions Recycle Beverage Containers make the play Recycle Today, and by Children's Hospital LA from Colds to Cancer. We got this to get in on the show called eight six six not eighty seven, two five seven days and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you get your podcasts. And now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: Cool off with us for the next hour here on Dodger Talk on the off nights. It is a scorcher're out here in southern California, whether you're headed to the beach, you're indoors working with your outdoors working, whether you're in your car driving around. Thanks for being with us on this Thursday night as the Dodgers East Coast road trip will continue tomorrow in New York as they begin a three game series against the New York Mets. We're here until the top of the hour. That means time for your phone calls. Eight sixty six ninet eighty seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy Tim Kates with you here on off Night Dodger Talk. As the Dodgers today spent the day in our nation's capital of Washington, DC.
Speaker 4: Yes, they had a chance to go to Capitol Hill.
Speaker 2: They had a chance to go to the White House and be showered with all the praises from the politicians that they deserve for back to back championships. And it was great to see the Dodgers' team organization, everybody, even including our own David Vasa, get showered with praise and dv who was with petrols some money, oh about ninety minutes ago, still glowing after a glorious day for the Dodgers traveling party and including David Vassa, who gets to be a part of that. The way to Washington, DC on Capitol Hill with the Congressman and senators, and then made their way to the White House to see the President and be recognized for back to back World Series championships. So just a great day for the Dodgers to be celebrated across the country for their back to back World Series championships. And then tomorrow it's back to baseball in Queens is this long nine game road trip will continue.
Speaker 4: What a road trip it has been.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers take two of three in the Bronx against the Yankees. The Dodgers take two to three against the Phillies at Citizens Bank Park, and now the Dodgers will go to New York to take on a really bad Mets team. How bad of the Mets pu they stink. They are forty three and sixty on this season, seventeen and a half games out in the NL East, and they are long out of the wildcard race. They are gonna probably be sellers if anybody will take their high price players at the trade deadline. They have spent, spent, and spent some more the last couple of off seasons with their ownership and Steve Cohen, and they have just not won. It is just not translated into winning championships in New York for the Mets, but for the Dodgers, all their work in the offseason certainly has paid off with now back to back championships, so it's gonna be an exciting weekend in Queens.
Speaker 4: No doubt. Weather looks good.
Speaker 2: They have battled weather the first two legs of this trip in New York against the Yankees, they had a rainout on Saturday, played a doubleheader on Sunday, had an eighty minute rain de lay in the second game of the three game series in Philadelphia, and then now they're going to New York again, this time to Queens, and looking at the weather, it looks really good for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Roki Sasaki, Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Immit Sheian the schedule starters. Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We got a busy hour and I want you to be a part of it at eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two five Coming up in about twenty minutes or so. MLB Networks Greg Amsinger will join us. You see him hosting MLB Tonight with Harold Reynolds and crew. He'll be in Cooperstown, New York this weekend for the induction ceremony in the Hall of Fame on Sunday. Be with covers beginning at eight am. So looking forward to talking Greg Amsinger about that, also about the Dodgers as a whole. Again, a national perspective from Greg Amsinger about where this Dodgers team is and where they stand at the Major League Baseball trade deadline, which is coming up in about ten plus days. Yes, August the third, Monday, August the third is the MLB trade deadline, and there's only one deadline. There is no second deadline at the end of the month right before September. No, there is one trade deadline to get your roster going for September and October. And quite frankly, Dodger fans, I've looked at all the different trade scenarios. I've looked at all the pundits and the insiders that are out there as far as what the Dodgers may do. Who are the Dodgers going to go after the trade deadline? Will they be buyers at the deadline? I even saw an article this that they could be sellers at the trade deadline. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think the Dodgers are going to be sellers at the trade deadline. Now.
Speaker 2: I don't think the Dodgers are going to be major buyers at the trade deadline. If Tarrek Schouoble is out there, you bet the Dodgers, I believe, will make a play for Tarrek Schouble But I don't know if the Detroit Tigers are now in the position that they want to give up their prize left hander. They have won six of their last ten. They're getting closer and closer to five hundred. They're getting closer and closer to battling in the Al Central, and it's a team that's also fighting for a wild card spot in the American League. This is the problem. There are so many teams that have turned around their seasons the last month. They have gotten back into divisional races when they were out of it, that have gotten back into wildcard races when they were clearly out of it. And now all of a sudden, you've got one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, nine teams that are within five and a half games of the wildcard spots, a lot of teams fighting it out for two wildcard spots, and then you got the divisional leaders as well. In the National League, you've got one two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight nine teams within six games of the wildcard spots. So you've got eighteen teams now clearly back in the wild card hunt and legitimately could go on runs here and get in as a wild card, if not creep up and win their division. That's a lot of teams that have gone from being well, we're not gonna make a run, We're gonna be sellers at the trade deadline and look ahead to twenty two twenty seven, and we're gonna look ahead to the future. We're gonna throw in the white towel here in twenty twenty six. What oh, Now, all of a sudden, you've got a lot of teams saying we're not done quite yet. We may add to what we have because we feel like if we add a piece here, we add a pitcher there, we had a role player here, a right handed bat.
Speaker 4: There, we might get back into this thing.
Speaker 2: We feel pretty good about our schedule, where we're at our health.
Speaker 4: We may make a run at the division.
Speaker 2: We make make a run in a wild card spot, And now you've got a seller's market. It's supply and demand. You don't have to be an econ major understand how many teams are selling and how many teams are buying, and there are more teams with their hands out right now looking to buy and looking to get their teams and rosters better for a stretch run than there are teams looking to sell and give up on the twenty twenty sixth season. So the asking prices have gone up. Just like with how supplying to man, you got a lot of people looking at a house, you get into a bidding war, and what happens that seller starts getting a big smile on their face because they know that asking price has gone up and gone up, and you got more bidders, and it's gone up, and it's gone up, and it's gone up, and it's gone up. It's a seller's market right now at the MLB trade deadline. The problem is there aren't a lot of big names. Oh there's Joe Ryan, Oh there's Reed Detmer's Jose Sriana with the Angels. But do the Angels want to give up their rotation at this point of the season and next season? They got these guys under control, They got a good young pitching staff where three young arms could emerge. Do they want to break it up? I don't know what about Joe Ryan in Minnesota. Is he a big time pitcher on a big time stage? What about Trek Scoople? I mean, there's just not enough pitching arms that wow, you like Terry Schoogle that are out there.
Speaker 4: There just aren't.
Speaker 2: There aren't enough arms out there where you've got fifteen teams looking for another arm. There aren't fifteen top level arms that you're gonna want to go out and make a tray with and say this is a this is a difference maker. This is a guy we're adding to our rotation because he is gonna put us over the top. That's a right handed bat right there, that's gonna put us over the top.
Speaker 4: Of the problem is there are nine other.
Speaker 2: Teams looking for a right handed bat, a power hitting outfielder. They're not just one or two or three teams. There's now multiple teams all in the hunt at the trade deadline. And to me, there's just not enough of a market to go out there and say these are difference makers at the deadline, certainly not championship difference makers. There just aren't and there aren't enough guys out there that the Dodgers are gonna look at. Certainly with the roster they have injured and current on the active roster that you say, hmm, wow, that player on that team. If we bring him in, we're instantly better. I mean outside of Terry' scooble. And I'm just gonna put him on the shelf. Okay, he's a one of one right now. At the trade deadline, which the Dodgers, I think again, we'll get in if there's a bidding and the Tigers say we're making a deal. The Dodgers will certainly be there, either to get him because of necessity or to get him because they need him and they want to keep him from another team. That's the key. But let's take Terry's scooble out of this equation here, Dodger fans, is there another picture? Is there another player out there that you look at and say, man, I wish he was wearing Dodger blue, because if we plugged him in, we would we no doubt would be the team to beat.
Speaker 4: There just aren't.
Speaker 2: And then you look at the guys coming back off the injured list, and I'm gonna rattle these guys off. Will Smith at some point we assume he coming back.
Speaker 4: When I don't know.
Speaker 2: Tyler Glass now we're assuming he's coming back probably closer to September than into July. That's just my guess because he's just thrown off flat ground. But the two guys getting close, three guys for that matter, Blake Snell, A couple starts away in the minor leagues on a rehab and the next home stand, we're hearing Edwin Diaz, Key Ky Hernandez. All right, those five guys currently hurt on the injured list, Edwin Diaz, Key, Ky Hernandez, Blake Snell, Tyler Glass, now Key, Y Hernandez, tell me five guys that the Dodgers would have to give up minor league prospects for it that are better than those guys right now.
Speaker 4: I'll go toe to tone argue with you. There's none.
Speaker 2: There's not a player out there you can say, you know what, I'd rather have that guy than what's what's currently injured. And we're gonna get back and think about Tyler Glass now getting him back. At this point of this sea, it's almost like you never had them. It's been hurt so long. Edwin Diaz, I don't even remember him coming out of the bull, but I remember the trumpet. The first weekend of the season. But I don't remember Edwin Diaz. It's been that long it's been on the injured list. How about Blake Snell. Hurt comes back right back on the injured list with the loose bodies in his elbow. It's like he's never been here except for the one start. Key Key Hernandez Hurt comes back two games back to the injured list. The point is, these guys haven't played enough this year where all of a sudden, they get added to a roster next week, a couple of weeks next month. Those are like trade pickups. Those are like acquisitions at the deadline. And to me, those players I just mentioned, those players the Dodgers are waiting for to come back from the injured list are all better pickups. You're getting them off the injured list, they're already on your roster, and those guys are already better than anybody outside of Trek School that you can go out and get. That's why I don't think the Dodgers are gonna be players at the trade deadline.
Speaker 4: I think they get.
Speaker 2: Involved in Terrrek Schooble if he's available, and I think it's more so to keep him away from the Milwaukee Brewers. I think it's more so to keep him away from a New York Yankees, to keep him away from an Arizona Diamondbacks who could make a huge splash, to try to get a Schooble thinking well, all right, we're gonna go for a wild card run because like twenty twenty three, who knows what could happen in October. We can go on a heater and get back to the World Series like they were three years ago.
Speaker 4: It could happen. They got hot, they knocked off the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: They ended up losing the World Series to the Texas Rangers, but they got to October.
Speaker 4: That's where a terror Schooble.
Speaker 2: I think the Dodgers will get involved in One, certainly you'd be crazy not to want them on your rotation and then your roster. Yeah, I get it. But two, and I think the bigger factor is him from going to Milwaukee. You're keeping him from going to another organization that would then only bolster their starting staff. Jim Bowden was on with Petros some money earlier, and he said, it, Harrison gets healthy in Milwaukee, and you added Terry Schoogle to go with a miz That is a one two three combination in Milwaukee that quite frankly goes toe to toe, if not better than the Dodgers front line rotation just is and Milwaukee is a good, scrappy team that scores runs. They're right there with the Dodgers as far as best record in baseball. They're good, they are. John Hayman wrote on Twitter last night from the Nambelameton Network, and I'm parents phrasing here that it's the Dodgers, Brewers and then everybody else. There's twenty eight other teams that are well below where the Dodgers and Brewers are. So if the Brewers are going after the miss, the Dodgers have to block that. The Dodgers have to be a team that comes in and says, uh uh, we're willing to give up more talent in the minor leagues to prevent Milwaukee from getting him, even if he's just a rental for the rest of the season, because who knows what happens after this year. You don't worry about that at this point. You don't start thinking, Okay, we can lock them up.
Speaker 4: Is they're gonna be a.
Speaker 2: Labor stopping You don't worry. You'll worry about winning three in a row. And that's what you look at. As far as the Dodgers of the trade deadline eight six, six, nine eighty seven two five seventy, that's what I think. I don't believe the Dodgers are gonna be major players at the deadline just because of what they have on the injured list coming back are better roster additions than what they can go out there and get in trades. And in trades you got to give up something to get something, and the Dodgers certainly have a loaded farm system. Will get you a farm report coming up in about a half an hour. The latest on Mike Sirota, The latest on host Way Depaula, some of the Dodger young outfielders who are just tearing it up at different levels. Again, in the Major League Baseball Top one hundred list of overall prospects, the Dodgers have nine of the one hundred again, one hundred top prospects in all of Baseball, all thirty teams, the Dodgers have nine top one hundred prospects. That's ridiculous. Six of those are outfielders. Host Way to Paula, Mike Sarota, Zayer Hope top twenty prospects. So we'll get you updated on the Dodger farm report coming up in about thirty minutes. Again, we're gonna hear from Greg Amsinger coming up from the MLB Network in just a little bit. But yeah, the Dodgers, the trade deadline, we can get into an eight six, six, nine, eighty seven, two five seventy. I just don't see them being major players again. Off day today for the Dodgers. They went to Washington, DC, a little jount from Philadelphia, and as David Vasse who was on with Petro Some Money you Can podcast that, I know David's out and about.
Speaker 4: We're gonna give him a break here from calling in Dodger talk.
Speaker 2: Is it has been a world win since the All Star break, going to New York, the doubleheader, going to Philadelphia, three games there a rain delay, and then last night they had to get on a plane, which is weird because it's a really short flight from Philadelphia to Washington, DC. Get up today they spent all day Capitol Hill, the White House, and now making their way back to New York, which isn't a long bus ride.
Speaker 4: As they head up.
Speaker 2: To Queens for a three game series this weekend against the Mets. It's interesting I saw a tweet or a report from one of the Philadelphia beat writers today and just looking back at what happened the last three days of Citizens Bike Park Dodgers and Phillies. The Dodgers went in there, could have swept them, They could have, but they take two to three. And the Dodgers had what Eric Lauer on the mound, Justin Robleski on the mound. This is a Dodger series that they didn't have the three big guys out on the mound, and yet the Phillies had their three best pitchers out in that series against the Dodgers, and the report from Philadelphia was, Yeah, the Phillies are just not in that same category. The Phillies went toe to toe with the Dodgers back half of their rotation, with their aces, their top guys, and almost got swept by the Dodgers. It was almost of a shaking of the head of where the Dodgers are compared to them, almost like reality check of where they need to get him better and improve how what they need to improve their roster at the trade deadline. And that's just one example of a team like the Phillies, who the Dodgers have met up with them a couple of times in the postseason last year in October, and they know where the Dodgers are above everybody else. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the number. How about what the Dodgers Maximunty did last night if you were listening to Dodger Talk after the game in which the Dodgers came back and up beating up on the Phillies nine to five. Eric Lauer getting the win. Max Munsey hit a two run home run in the sixth sitting his twentieth of the year, number two hundred and twenty nine as an LA Dodger, and we brought it up on Dodger Talk. Is he the greatest Dodger third baseman of all time? Pedro Guerrero, Ron Say, Adrian Beltray Beltre as a Hall of Famer but also went on to do great things in the Seattle, Boston and Texas. Of course, Justin Turner, let's not forget old Red Turn two. I'm gonna stay on that. He'll fight for Red Turn two any day of the week. And now Max Munsey, who has turned himself into an All Star third baseman. I almost forgot pre Freddie Freeman. It's almost like Freddy Freeman's been here for so long you forget. But really he hasn't been here that long. In the grand scheme of things, Max Munsey was everyday first base. Remember he got hurt on that ball down the first base line last day of the regular season a couple of years ago and hurt his elbow. Max Monty was a second basement. Yeah, hey kids, I'm old enough to remember when he was a second baseman.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But now Max Munsey, third baseman, All Star reinvented himself as a really good third baseman defensively and a power hitting third basement for that matter.
Speaker 4: Two hundred and.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine home runs as an LA Dodger, passing Ron Say last night for second all time, only behind our buddy Eric Carrolls on the LA Dodgers' home run list, and also not only is the number two on the LA Dodger home run list, he's now top five on the Dodger franchise list. That is pretty impressive and to think he may catch Carrols in the next two years, assuming he's healthy and he continues to put up numbers he can very easily pass Eric Carrolls. But is he the Dodgers' greatest third basement of all time? I think the overwhelming sentiment was, no, he's not. And even if he passes Eric Carrolls, I think that bar by Ron Say has been set so high. And what he meant in that legacy of those four infielders together in the All Star Games and how many consecutive games they've played together for a decade and going to the World Series, finally getting over the hump and winning a World Series. And his numbers were pretty good, Ron Say, as a member of the Dodgers, pretty darn good. And I think it'd be hard for Max Muntzy to overtake him. I think he overtakes Adrian Beltrie. I think he overtakes certainly Pedro Guerrero. But Ron Say number one all time dodge a third basement and I'm gonna go two A, two B and you can put in whatever you order you want, Justin Turner, Max.
Speaker 4: Munsey, and don't tell me it's recency bias. I don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me it's just because it's the two most recent Dodger at third base, and I don't want to hear it what the Dodgers have done during the period of Max Monthy at third and Justin Turner at third. I mean, look back to World Series starting in twenty seventeen, back to back World Series appear and is in seventeen and eighteen, but losing then finally winning in twenty What he's met. Both these guys have meant to this Dodgers team. Big hits, big home runs, three World Series championships overall from Muncie. I mean, Justin Turner was here for twenty I mean, I mean what they've done speaks for itself. But I just don't think they catch on. Say all right, we'll take a break, we'll come back. We'll try to get to some of your phone calls. Expect you to join by Greg Amsinger from MLB Network, you know the big guy deep voice. If you watched MLV Network on their nightly MLB Tonight with Harold Reynolds and crew. He'll be in Cooperstown this weekend for the Hall of Fame Induction ceremony covers beginning at eight am. And we got a big Dodger event coming up that you want to tell you about. It's a big one on Monday night at Dodgers Stadium Dodgers All Access twenty twenty six with former Dodgers current Dodgers two panel discussions with John Hartungue and Oral Hersheizer. Blake Snell's gonna be there. Key k a Hernand is going to be there. Dave Roberts will be in there. They got interactive activities, Dinners, Brock Stewart will climb, Mickey Hatcher, Bill Russell, Jerry Harrison Junior, Dennis Palell, Rick Dempsey, Jimi Hadden will be there. You can find out more at la SEC dot net, la sec dot Net, Dodgers All Access twenty twenty six. We'll get into it more coming up as well. It's a great event on a Dodger off night out at the Ravine on Monday night. Get your tickets, get out there. A great event for all Dodger fans to do at least once. All right, we'll come back. Greg Amsinger from MLBN networre can expect to join us on Off Night Dodger Talk on MFI seventy al I Sports.
Speaker 4: Tim Kate's back.
Speaker 2: With you here on Off Night Dodger Talk on Your Home with the Dodgers AM five to seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodgers East Coast road trip continues tomorrow City Field as they start a three game series against the Mets. Rookie Sasaki will take them out in the series opener. Dodgers today in Washington, DC, doing their post World Series celebration in our nation's capital. Already four and two on this East Coast road trip, winning a series in New York against the Yankees and winning the series in Philadelphia last night with a win as Citizens Bank Park, but twining us now one of the faces and voices of the MLB Network, one of the good guys, Greg Amsinger. You can watch them on MLB Networks Baseball Hall of Fame Induction ceremony coverage beginning at eight am this Sunday morning from Cooper's Town. Greg, Welcome to Dodger Talk on this Thursday night.
Speaker 4: How you doing.
Speaker 3: I'm doing great, Jim Y. I look forward to driving up to Cooperstown, New York, each and every year, and I try to stay out too late on Saturday night because it's an early show on Sunday morning, so the goal is to try to go to bed around midnight. That's always my goal.
Speaker 2: I was there in nineteen ninety nine as a young man watching Robin Young, Nolan, Ryan George that class go in to Cooper's Down. I remember it being one hundred degrees with like ninety eight percent humidity.
Speaker 4: But what a day it was.
Speaker 2: What a week in it with all the Hall of Famers that can make it there get the Upstate in New York. And this year's class is a good one with Belle Tran and Andrew Jones and Jeff Kinn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great. It's good to see a class that has like multiple people go in and I've been doing this for a very long time and they're expecting seventy eight degrees in sunny skies on Sundays.
Speaker 5: That is just perfect.
Speaker 3: We do a two and a half hour pre ceremony show and these interviews are just epic. I mean, Bob Costas is down with each and every one of these Hall of famers. We look back at their careers, some very interesting conversations. I'll be on the set with Harold Reynolds and Tom Ferducci. John Morossi will also be doing interviews with people in the crowd, luminaries. It's just going to be wonderful to watch someone like Andrew Jones not just get accepted into the legacy of greatness and all the Hall of Famers that are sitting behind him. But how about the Braves brotherhood. They've been having a missing It's Chipper, and it's small Seed and Glavin and it's Maddocks, and they've all been waiting. You could throw Fred McGriffin there. They've all been waiting for Andrew Jones to finally get the call. That day will come, and I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 2: It's a special weekend from Major League Baseball at the Hall of Fame induction ceremony. You can see it on MLB Network this Sunday. All right, Greg, The Dodgers off today. They're off to a four and two road trip on the East Coast. Our guy John Hayman, who works with you at the MLB Network, friend here on a five to seventy, tweeted out last night there's an obvious gap between the Dodgers and Brewers and then everyone else. Twenty eight teams have significant work to do. Is is that where we're at right now? At this point of the season Dodgers, Brewers and then everybody else.
Speaker 3: Now I disagree with that, Asses, I really disagree with that. I think the Atlanta Braves are about to take off. Drake Balwin had another home run today. He was just so out of sorts when he came off the il Austin Riley last weekend hit three home runs. If they can get him going, they've got no production out of him. Rustl lineup, Michael Harrison the second playing like a superstar, Met Olson, and no one's hit more home runs at that position than he is. Ral the Couney Juniors on a rehab assidement. He's gonna come back at some point, maybe by the weekend. Okay, they've got the best back end of a bullpend. Those three guys in the back are Tough swore Is and Dylan Leef from the left side, right Sell Iglacias. They check a lot of boxes. They're gonna get a starter, they might get two starters. They are alexandoppolos Is all in to win right now. I believe the Atlanta Braves are very much in the same conversation of the Los Angeles Dodgers than Milwaukee Brewers, and even the Philadelphia Phillies. When you roll three guys like that out every five days that are in the starting rotation for them, A Wheeler and Christopher Sanchez. Those two guys just hone in there. The way they're pitching is otherworldly, throwing hayeshus Lozzardo. I think the Philadelphia Phillies. There are four legit teams and then oh yeah, there's the American League.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Greg Amsinger with us from the MLB Network here on off Night Dodger Talk. Dodgers back at it tomorrow at City Field in New York as they start a three game series against the Mets. The Major League Baseball trade deadline coming up on August third, and here in La Dodger fans wondering will they be buyers?
Speaker 4: Will they be sellers?
Speaker 2: No, they're not gonna sell, But what do they need to do to add to this team? And the argument, Greg is nothing. They've got five players that are currently hurt set to come back. That I would argue, outside of Trek Schooble, there's no other guys out there via trade that are better than a Blake Snell, than a Tyler Glass now than a Will Smith and a key k, a Hernandez and Edwin Diaz, who should be coming back in the next Homestand.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you something, Andrew Freeman could stop on the sport if he wants to the road blocked prospects that are in the Dodgers' farm system, which is overflowing with talent. There are so many prospects down there. He's got the inventory that the Tigers want. Andrew Friedman could literally just decide we're gonna win the World Series. We're not evenna try to make this close if they I literally woke up in cold sweats thinking that Ken Rosenthal broke the story that Trek School was traded to the Dodgers. Okay, that's a nightmare for me. That's a nightmare someone that loves parody in the game, right, I don't want to see Trek School go to the Dodgers. All of your listeners right now would love to see Trek School go to the Dodgers. But to me, that is that is such a move that I don't think Andrew Freeman needs to make. To me, that's waving a flag of I kind of don't think we're a cut above everyone else. Like John Hayman says, we are. I think we need to do this. Andrew Freeman, I want you to pound your chest and go no, no, no no. I don't need Trek School. I don't need to overpay for a rental. I don't need to do that. We're still the Dodgers. We're better than everyone else. I'm hoping that's what he does, because if Terrek's School goes to Dodger Blue, what are we doing? What are we doing right? Put it with the Rays, put it with the Brewers. Put it with a team that's going to actually change the complexion of the World Series chances. Put up with the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: And this is something they've tried to avoid the last few off seasons. Greg is getting to the deadline and having to overpay for a move because you get the offseason moves of Tanner Scott and then this last year Edwin Diaz. These were moves made you can argue at a cheaper price than having to be held over a barrel out the trade deadline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and we have to remind our listeners right now, this is going to be a record haul for a rental for a few weeks of performance. This is going to be a record Tarrek Scoogle is going to garner young players that I'm not even making this up. Within three or four months, you're gonna go, wow, why do we overpaid? Whoever decides to do this is gonna have to overpay to get Trek's school because he changes the complexion of any postseason series that you're in. Now, all this could be a moot point because the Tigers keep winning and Troy Milton, he's the real deal, six foot four, former San Diego State Aztech. He was a fourth rounder in twenty twenty two. This kid's he raised will blow two. He has been a win day guy and that surprised everybody that they got a fourth legit starter. Ye, Casey Mies has to be healthy, but he's been great before he doubles some injuries. I'm telling you the Tigers, if they keep winning, then school goes off the board. Then you're going, Okay, who's the next guy that can change the complexion of a rotation. Maybe that's Joe Ryan, Maybe that's Santale Contra, maybe it's Mason Miller. You know, were our minds are going to start spinning. But the Schoovil sagas captivating the entire industry.
Speaker 4: It's interesting.
Speaker 2: A month ago there were a lot of teams that were just below five hundred and looking like they were going to be sellers at the deadline. Now, all of a sudden, with these teams now back in the wild card race in both the National and American League, Greg, you've got now teams that are looking to add to their rosters.
Speaker 4: It's become a seller's market outside of school.
Speaker 2: As you mentioned, there isn't a lot of big time names out there unless teams are willing to give up at a contra down in Miami, which I doubt they're trying to do. I mean, Angels of all teams might have two pitchers, including Jose Soreo, that could be sought after by teams.
Speaker 3: Yeah. To me, I watched Walbert Urania pitch against sing those cars the other night. How do you hit that guy one hundred and one hundred and two at sink? I mean, that's fixing Jury's familia for seven innings. Like that's unbelievable. I don't see why the Angels, with John Mosaic running the ship there now, just on a temporary basis, you finally have three legit starters. I think red debtmers is a legit lefty what good swing and miss Soriano with Urania and debt mes Now I feel like you got something right. Why would you part ways of that? Oh? Oh wait oh? Because the Ale West is such a juggernaut of a division. I think the Angels, I'm all for trading my trout if my trout's willing to waive his not trade. If John Mosala can pull that off, yes, move him, move him, trade them. The Philadelphia Affilies get a haul in return, whatever, but you get the money off the books. But in terms of where this team is heading, the rotation looks like it's got a lot of upside now out of nowhere because of the emergency of and Soriano, and I still like dem So. In a division where as we sit here, Tim the first place Rangers are at five hundred, I think this could be a quick turnaround if John Mozilla can somehow get Mike Trout to waive that note trade.
Speaker 2: Going back to the Dodger Show, Hey Otani throw a bullpen session. Yesterday's gonna throw another one over the weekend in New York. The knee is flamed up a little bit. He had the procedure done missed the All Star Game. There doesn't seem to be a lot of concern, though Greg amongst Dodger people, that this is going to be a problem later on this second half of this season. Now there's kind of a thought that, you know, maybe they're just slow playing a little bit. We don't need him now, we need him in September. In October.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went back and forth on this. I'm like, wait, this missing time on the mound is going to hurt his chances to be the n Osai Young Award winn, which I believe that that was show Hay's goal. That's the one piece of hardware he didn't have. He wants that in the worst way. But now that I'm thinking about it, I think Showhy makes all these decisions. Yeah, I truly believe that. And I think show he was like, you know what, I'm not feeling one hundred percent in this knee, and I don't want my state, my stats to be inflated. I want to win the cy Young And I think he's making sure that his lower base is feeling great before he steps on the rubber again. And when you have such a gigantic lead like the Dodgers have in the NS. Makes sense that they would slow play this and show Hey, we go. You know what I want to end the year of the sub two e ra. I want my Kate pri nine to hang with Mizerowski and Christopher Sanchez. The innings might not be there, but we've seen guys win the cy Young with one hundred and sixty plus innings like That's it doesn't take a lot of innings anymore to win the cy Young. I think this is a move that Shohey is making because he's not at a full one hundred percent physically when he pitches, and he doesn't want anything altered in terms of his stuff, nothing compromised. He wants one hundred out of the on the four seemer, he wants all the spin on a slider, he wants all the stuff with the split, he wants it all working. So I think this is show Hey demanding that when he does pitch, he's full throttle at one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: You can watch Greg on MLBNW Works Baseball Hall of Fame Induction ceremony coverage beginning at eight a m. Pacific coming up this Sunday from Cooperstown. Greg Love the Stuff on the MLB Network. Love watching every night and can't wait to see this weekend all the pompus circumstance, and rightfully so for the three Hall of famers going into Cooperstown this weekend.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the time you gotta tam. We'll do it again soon.
Speaker 2: All right, there he goes Greg Amsinger from the MLB Network, will continue here on Dodge Talk eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy. More of your phone calls, plus we'll get a farm report when we come back. Eight sixty six ninet eighty seven two five seventy. It's an off night for the Dodgers, who are in Washington, DC today, visiting in our nation's capital before heading back to New York for a three game weekend set against the Mets beginning tomorrow. We'll come back right here on AM five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Off Night Dodger Talk continues on this Thursday, today, nine July the twenty third, thanks to Greg Amsinger from the MLB Network. Check him out daily on the MLB Network. He'll also be in Cooperstown this weekend for the MLB Hall of Fame induction ceremony on Sunday coverage beginning at eight a m. Coming up on Monday, It'll be an off night for the Dodgers as they return home to start their first homestand after the All Star break, but a special night out at the Ravine. It's Dodgers All Access twenty twenty six. For more information tickets at LASC dot US. Dodger players current and former will be out there. They'll have interactive activities, a dinner two part panel, one featuring Dave Roberts, the other featuring Blake Snell and Keik Hernandez. Our buddies, John Hartong and the Great Oral Hersheiser will be the MC's again. It's Dodgers All Access twenty twenty six. Coming up this Monday. Jimi Hereen will be out there. Jerry Harriston Junior, Mickey Hatcher, Rick Dempsey, Bill Russell, current Dodgers Brock Stewart will climb. It's a great event. Ticket at LASC dot US. You can find out more there by emailing them with any questions and ticket information. All right, Well, before we get back out to the phones, let's get you a farm report. Yes, the Dodgers up tomorrow. What are they doing today down in Triple A Double AA ball. A lot of names we have heard about during spring training, during the first half of the season, names you've heard about in the different trade rumors that are out there as we are getting closer to the Major League Baseball trade deadline coming up on August third. So let's tell you how they're doing down on the farm post way to Paula, the Dodgers number one overall prospect at twenty one year old outfielder in Double A Tulsa. MLB dot Com has them ranked as the number four overall prospect in all of baseball.
Speaker 4: He sucks at high in the ear It's at t play Field and gone.
Speaker 2: Host Sway de Paula with a go ahead two run homer in the top of the ninth didding and Tulsa takes the lead in the top of the ninth.
Speaker 4: Tulsa Radio Network with the call host Sway Depaula.
Speaker 2: Three to sixteen average, a nine to forty seven ops, sixteen home runs, twenty seven doubles, seventy one ribies.
Speaker 4: He is having a great season.
Speaker 2: He played in the Futures Game at the MLB All Star Weekend in Philadelphia, the second straight year that he has played in it. He's starting to develop into that big frame that he's got as an outfielder. And we keep hearing host Way to Paula's name. He is the chip that everybody is asking for as far as any trade at rumors that are out there. So we'll see what the trade deadline has in store for host Way de Paula. Mike Sirota, you heard it with David Vase on Dodger Talk during the All Star break. He too, went to the Futures Game in Philadelphia. Twenty three year old outfielder drafted by the Reds. He was in the Gavin Lux trade two years ago. He's in Double A Tulsa as well. The Dodgers number two overall prospect. MLB dot COM's gone ranked as the number eleven overall prospect in all of baseball.
Speaker 6: Bitch swung on and driven deep the opposite way right center field, long long run for Sunstrom. He can't get it. It hits off the short wall and kicks back into right center field. Farmelo retrieves it, Soota headed for third. The thrown not in time. It's a triple Tulsa.
Speaker 2: Radio with the call, Mike Serna three twenty four average, eight thousand ops, fourteen home runs, fifty four ribbis on this season for Mike Serota, who also is a name we keep hearing about as one of the Dodgers' top minor league prospects. Zayier Hope twenty one year old outfielder number nineteen overall on MLB dot COM's Top prospect list. He is in Double A Tulsa as well, two ninety eight average, nine hundred ops, twenty one home runs, eighty four ribbies. He is having a great season as the Dodgers' number three overall prospects. These three outfielders, to Paula, Serota Hope, three of the six outfield prospects the Dodgers have in the MLB dot Com Top one hundred joining them. Eduardo Quintaro, twenty year old outfielder number three overall prospect in all of baseball.
Speaker 4: He is in Great Lakes with the Loons.
Speaker 2: Pitch Kintaro swings, rocking in the air to center Smith was playing in He's trotting back, still.
Speaker 4: Going and another granny. Eduardo Quintaro.
Speaker 2: Second straight game with a homer, this time the dead center for twenty three one oh five off the bat, talk about rocking the boat for the Pontooners Louns Radio with the call ed wardo Quintaro two ninety four average, nineteen doubles, eight home runs, forty eight ribbies, an eight eighty three ops for the Great Lakes Loons. Outfielder Emil Morales, nineteen year old shortstop. He started a year in Ontario with the Tower Buzzers. Now forty six games in Great Lakes.
Speaker 4: With the Loons.
Speaker 7: Counts three and one to a mil Morales to pitch east wings and lists it out towards right field, rushing to his left this novel.
Speaker 4: It gets by him in into the corner.
Speaker 7: Wagner will round third, Amil Morales is headed the second and there's the first run of the game.
Speaker 2: Loons Radio with the call Morales with the two eighty seven average, seventeen home runs. He is an on base machine. He started as a shortstop, plays outfield as well. MLB dot COM's got him as the forty fifth overall prospect in Baseball. River Ryan at top ten prospects still for the Dodgers in TRIPAA, Oklahoma City with the Comets, eight starts three to one with a four to forty six e R. Charles Daveling. Not a big guy, but this young man carries a big stick to.
Speaker 7: Two pitch lifted deep up the line and right dabbling gets a hold of this one, it is long gone.
Speaker 4: His buddy Logan Wagner just did it.
Speaker 7: Lasting at four four hundred and twenty three feet, this one four hundred and twenty two.
Speaker 4: Great Lakes Lons Radio Network at the call.
Speaker 2: Dodger prospect number eighty three overall on the Top one hundred list. He is a twenty two year old five foot nine, one hundred and ninety pounds. Not a big guy, but a thick guy. He's got a lot of power. He was the forty first overall pick in the twenty twenty five draft out of Arkansas. He's got fourteen home runs on this season, fifty ribbies and an eight eighty one ops. He is one of those six outfielders we keep talking about in the MLB Top one one hundred. Christian Zazeta, right handed pitcher, twenty one year old out of Mexico.
Speaker 4: He is a strikeout machine.
Speaker 8: Delivers festball ninety seven. Blows it by Christian Zezweeda looking sharp here in the early going chases that one out of the zone for a strikeout. Here's the one ball, two strike pitch swung through, struck him out. He punches up side as wait as fifth strikeout of the game. Swung out and missed change up there got him Christians as Wada has got seven punch outs. Here tonight call third strike.
Speaker 2: The inning is gonna come to a close. Zsweta with an eight strikeout performance against Wichita, Tulsa.
Speaker 4: Radio with the call.
Speaker 2: Started the year in Great Lakes ten starts, sixty six strikeouts in forty eight and two third Innians. Now in Double A Tulsa four starts to twelve era, twenty seven strikeouts in just seventeen Innians. James Tibbs the third. We had him on off Night dot Chi Talk a few weeks ago, a top one hundred minor league prospect, number nine overall for the Dodgers. He one of these six outfielders we keep hearing about in the top one hundred on MLB list of top prospects in all of baseball. In TRIPLEA, Oklahoma City, the guy's just a home run machine.
Speaker 5: Third payoff pitch off, Tibbs said, finally stroked it play deep, so left center field and Tips sends it out of here. His twenty first of the season leads the Pacific Coast League. James Tibbs easy choice to left center field.
Speaker 4: Comments Radio with the Call.
Speaker 2: The twenty three year old outfielder twenty one home runs, got twenty one doubles, seventy two RBIs a nine to fifty nine ops for James Tibbs, the third just knocking on the door to get to the big league. How about Jackson Farris, twenty two year old left hander in Triple A Oklahoma City. He rose through the ranks the last few years as one of the Dodgers' top pitching prospects. He's come back down to earth a little bit this year. The game has kind of caught up to him. In Triple A fifteen starts zero to five. You don't really look at the winning lost record in Triple A. You look at the erara, you look at the strikeout, the ball ratio, and right now he's got seven to twenty two ERA fifty five strikeouts in fifty seven plus. Any So, there's your Dodger's top ten minor league prospects and how they're doing. A couple other guys want to point out Adam Serwinowski, left tended pitcher in Double A Tolsa. He's only twenty two years old. It's got eighteen starts in Double A. The big left hander has one hundred and one strikeouts this year in eighty two and two third innings. So there you go, the lateiest on the Dodgers' top minor league prospects. And we give you this update because we're getting close to the Major League Baseball trade deadline, which is coming up on Monday, August the third. Some of these names could be out there and you're gonna be hearing the rumors if the Dodgers become buyers, they got to give up something to get something, and these are the names that you're going to be hearing going back in a possible trade.
Speaker 4: We'll see.
Speaker 2: Maybe the Dodgers don't make any trades and they hold on to this young group. But again we mentioned it earlier. You got six outfielders in the top one hundred list on MLB dot COM's minor league prospects. You look at the major league level right now, Andy Pajez isn't going anywhere. Kyle Tucker's under contract for a few more years was ta Oskar Hernandez's future Keith A.
Speaker 4: Hernandez.
Speaker 2: You know, not a lot of room at the big league level in the outfield spot for the Dodgers, so maybe that is a place they could give up some minor league prospects.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: Thanks to Michelle, Thanks to all you Dodger fans for being a part of the show. Thanks to Greg Amsinger from MLB Network for being a part of Dodger Talk tonight. Check them out this Sunday on the Hall of Fame coverage on MLB Network. Dodgers back at it tomorrow when they start a three game series at City Field in New York against the Metswell Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck at three o'clock, first pitch at four to ten.
Speaker 4: Until then, have a great, safe rest of your Thursday night. So long, everybody,