Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 2: I want to do a holiday topic here since we've kind of got the holiday mood going here right now, I feel like we need a fireplace here to.
Speaker 1: Kind of Amazon.
Speaker 3: You should anna, we should put it on one of these screens in here, like have like a yeah, you know how you can have the crackling logs out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually do that on my Comcast. I have it there, the fake the fake fire there and can do that. That's fire too. It is pretty cool. So I want to talk about I want to talk about the holidays. So last night we uh facetimed with Jacob and Chris, Jacob's boyfriend, to get the final word on what he's doing for the holidays, and Chelse and I got the final word on how our Thanksgiving and Christmas is going to be. And I gotta be honest with you, I'm kind of bummed about this whole time. And it's and then it's not because of Jacob and Chris. I mean, listen, Joe and Alyssa also had to make decisions too. So our kids are at the age where we have grown kids that have grown relationships. Joe is engaged, He's going to get married in a year. Jacob and Chris they live together in sin No, but they're going to hopefully get married sometime. I'd love to see Chris become part of our family. He already is right now, but they are making decisions on where they're spending the holidays. So Thanksgiving and Christmas has always been the time where we literally would get together as a family, and we would try to keep it to just the five of us, and occasionally what I would do is invite a million people from the radio stations and join us. But I never would really bring Chelsea's family in or my family in for holidays. I think we did it a few times, and then we decided that it was just going to be us because of the kids. We wanted to kind of focus on them. And if anybody wanted to come or really mess like grandparents and stuff, wanted to come, absolutely they can come, but we kind of just focused on us. Now we are orphaned. We are orphaned parents because Joe and Alissa are going to spend Thanksgiving together in Florida. Jacob and Chris are going to join us for Thanksgiving or be part of our Thanksgiving here, So it's gonna be cool, we get Chris for the first time.
Speaker 1: But because of that, Jacob and Chris.
Speaker 2: Had to make the decision that Christmas They're going to spend with Chris's family in.
Speaker 1: The Chicago area.
Speaker 2: Joe and Alissa are going to spend Christmas with us, so it didn't match that both of them could match at the same time.
Speaker 1: And I think you're not going to have all three for any holiday.
Speaker 2: No, and then there's poor Luke who but Luke is with us no matter what until he gets done with college and gets into a relationship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Would you prefer they both came for one of them so everyone could be together.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's better than you know. It's funny, Anna, I don't know what is better. I think that honestly, I would I probably would rather have it because I think what I would do is at that moment then I would probably see what Luke wanted to do and let him pick whatever he wanted to do for the holiday that they couldn't be at.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it's better how it is now, Do you think so? Because I have spent Christmas mornings by myself and it's not it's depressing it's so it's very depressed. Really, it's very hard because so at least you have you know, one, you will you have two. At least you always have two the three.
Speaker 2: See, I look at Thanksgiving as a throwaway, but it's Christmas. It's a Thanksgiving like Christmas to me because it's about you know, it's not just about it's not about Santa Claus in our family, it's about, you know, the birth of Christ. But I also like the idea that you wake up and you get two days because you get you know.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving is just one day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But so, and it's funny bring this up because now I'm thinking about it, I'm like, maybe it would be cool if we could match them up and match them on the same time. But I want to ask this question, when did you stop spending the holidays together as a family, And then at what point is it acceptable to kind of like rotate and do this Because I actually said to ChEls, I go, you know what, they're both not married yet, and I kept and being with my family until you and I got married. Yeah, and I think that that you know, maybe you still you go to each other's families until you get married.
Speaker 1: I know, But they're basically both married, well not really, I mean they're fornicating, you know, their long.
Speaker 4: Term relationships engagements.
Speaker 1: But still though, it's like you go to your family, the families.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think things changed in my family when the ogs start getting older. Like my aunt Penny and my Grandma Roof were the foundation for our families. Both are still alive, but they've gotten older and the energy level isn't the same as it used to be, so they would wrangle everyone up. They would host Thanksgiving would always be an Auntie pennyhouse, Christmas would always be at grandma house. And at a certain point in time they got older and nobody start going.
Speaker 3: I agree with you when both of my grandma's passed away. I never met my grandfather's, but when both of my grandma's passed away, they were truly the matriarchs that did the holidays and kept everybody coming in into town and getting together, and you knew, you know, your plans for the holidays, and everybody was together always like.
Speaker 1: I want it.
Speaker 2: I've been wanting for the last five years to sell our house, and I've always been talked out of it by the kids because they're like, you can't sell our family house. Where will we spend the holidays? Well, guess what where are we going to spend the holiday? And honestly, it's at a point I like, I don't want to be the be a dick in this whole thing, but part of me is like put the for sale sign in front of the freaking thing, you know what I mean? Because but it gets down and I feel bad for Luke because then we called Luke up and we told Luke, hey, Jacob's not coming. Should we just then say to Joe and Alyssa, Hey, you know you guys stay down in Florida. Will just come down to you guys and stuff in. Poor Luke's like, I want my house, you know what I mean? I want that. I know I'm the baby of the family, and I tell you, tell you what, Yeah, And you know, traditions and families go through, they evolve, and you don't necessarily get a chance to enjoy like what you're alt. You know, older siblings got to, like my older siblings got to have our family together for a longer time than I got, you know, because my dad got remarried when I was in high school and then sold our family house and.
Speaker 6: I lived with my sisters for high school. And it's also like, I feel like Luke doesn't have a say so anything. He just has to deal with whatever, but everyone else's.
Speaker 2: Decision is Honestly, Chelsea gives him a pretty good say so though, well.
Speaker 6: I mean like in terms of will Jacob come in, will yes, you know, jokes like he just hasked to deal with whatever is.
Speaker 4: Not Everyone wants you to be like the fun one, like, oh, you're the one that's there. So all the aunts and uncles are like, we all want to talk to you, and it's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know what Luke was concerned with. You know, this was Luc's biggest concern. He wants to be in Michigan for New Year's because he's like.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 2: He goes, I'm not spending New Year's with my parents because we were last year we went down to Florida right after Christmas and he was like, I am not New New Year's and with what's up Charity High.
Speaker 7: So my comment is that I have only one child and he is in the army, so I cannot spend as many holidays as I would like to do with him, especially since he is in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Oh, although that would be a nice thing. You should go to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: How do we get Yeah, we charity.
Speaker 2: First off, thank you for raising a brave young man that is serving for our country and we're saluting him.
Speaker 1: But get to Hawaii and go see him. How can we get you to Hawaii?
Speaker 8: I do get to go see him for Christmas. We are going to travel and spend some base with him.
Speaker 1: So that's good that those circumstances are tough.
Speaker 2: I always feel for the families where dads are mom's not home for the holidays because they're serving in our military.
Speaker 1: What's up, Teresa?
Speaker 7: Yes, my dad is eighty nine, my mom is eighty six.
Speaker 9: I have five.
Speaker 8: So at Christmas we have to rent a hall.
Speaker 7: So we can put everybody together.
Speaker 8: There's like ninety seven of us, maybe a little bit more.
Speaker 7: We have those eight foot tables that are just nothing but packed with food.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, are you guys Italian?
Speaker 9: Wow?
Speaker 7: No, no, we're not Italian.
Speaker 8: I have to get two turkeys, twenty pound turkeys. Would you about forty pounds?
Speaker 7: You have two big hams?
Speaker 2: Teresa, will you take it Chelsea, Luke and I for Christmas?
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 5: I will.
Speaker 1: Is dinner Oh my god, be careful. Our listeners will show us dinner always so early on holiday because you want leftovers, I know, but like, like two is really early. I see four.
Speaker 2: Maybe Hannah has a thought on this one, Hannah, what's your thought?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 9: I think that if you're not married, you stay at home with your family, Okay, engage maybe, Like I feel a little different about maybe Joe because you engaged, But if you're not married, and how we me and my husband got engaged. I spent Christmas with my family and Thanksgiving with mine and he's spent it there. I think it it's like that work up for when you do get married.
Speaker 1: Then you get there. I agree.
Speaker 9: I just feel like.
Speaker 1: I do you want to be with your future.
Speaker 2: Honestly and honestly I do think that you know that, Like I feel bad that Chris is not going to be with his parents on Thanksgiving or Alyssa on Christmas, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: It's one last one to be from here on out. But I think it's one last one. No, you know what it's going to end up happening.
Speaker 2: I think I think they're going to have their own Christmas and we all will end up going to them or something. You know, we'll pick families to go to.
Speaker 6: I don't think you have to wait, though, Like I don't think my love should be you know, level of love should be determined in a way. Because I've proposed to you, you can be in a long term, committed relationship. You can identify that this is your person, this is who you want to spend those christ happy family time moments with. And just because I haven't close you means like I can't go with you and spin my family.
Speaker 2: I gotta go to my Well, you've been forn a canie with women for your long time, so.
Speaker 1: I gotta do it.
Speaker 2: We're talking about stephan Turkeys. Can I be honest with you? You know who's gonna win. Whichever kid ends up going and getting pregnant first and having a kid, whoever has the first grandkids is going to be the ones that Erica, what's up?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: God, please know what's going on?
Speaker 7: Erica da Kai Okay?
Speaker 8: Well, two things you had mentioned earlier that Christmas is, you know, your favorite holiday, and I agree. I mean, I enjoyed Christmas. It's very important, but I think Thanksgiving is much better because there's no expectations, meaning you know, no gifts, nothing to worry about, but just kind of bringing your food. And the other thing I wanted to mention is once we had our son, it was really hard to juggle all the holidays because he was the first grandson on my husband's side. So now what we do is we rotate every Thanksgiving. And I come from a very large family, his family is small, and then every Christmas Eve is at my in law's house, after Christmas Day is at my side of the family. It was difficult in the beginning, but we're making it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's so there's so many dynamics.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 2: I think of my my sisters were really struggled with the fact that I have not spent a Christmas with them in so many years because I chose where we were living in Arizona, and I chose that we were going to stay as a family in Arizona, and then when we came to Detroit, we stayed in Detroit and stuff like that. So I get it, you know, And I think, honestly, I think the guy's family always loses out. And guess what, I got three boys, So I think we are losing.
Speaker 1: What's up, Taylor, Hey, Mojoe, how are you guys? Good? Is this Taylor from Light House Sixteriors? This is what's going on morning.
Speaker 5: I'm with keV on this one. Right when grandparents get older, we lost it and there's too many people, too much food to cook. She's like my house anymore. This is getting too big, too out of way. So I'm with Kevin. Now, that's how my family was.
Speaker 2: It's sad though, that that our grandparents in that generation had to keep things together as a family. Like we have to be able to step up and do it for our families too, Like I think we have to demand like as as whatever thirty forty somethings, fifty somethings, we have to demand that family is important and where Yeah, and we have to be able to say that because here's the problem. That generation did it because that's how they were raised. The problem is we don't do that because we're like, well, you know, we got phones and cameras astract.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was so happy yesterday.
Speaker 6: My cousin Gerard, whose mom is I'm pining at our referenced earlier that maintained that things given tradition takes me. Yesterday it was like we're having things given at my house, just like old time, tell everybody everybody's coming.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited, that's all. I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: And you know what, You're going to give that to Josiah and now he's gonna look at that.
Speaker 6: As Josiah's mom text me yesterday said they might get a flight to Atlanta to go to things and I was gonna bring out m later.
Speaker 1: That so hard crushed me. I feel you. You want to take Luke's good