Speaker 1: You are now listening to the Jim Colbert Show on Real Radio one oh four point one.
Speaker 2: Dad's right. Guys, here were go on a Friday edition in the Jim Colbert Show. Thank you so much for tuning in. We appreciate that, as we do every single day, and we do have a stacked up program for you. This afternoon. We will get caught up on what's happening in the world. That will do that around three twenty with JCS News three forty five Seeker Sailing Embers only, No primetime kitchen today, fight as is under the weather, but we will do Whiskey of the Week at four forty five. Yeah, we'll do Pick the Porn in the five o'clock hour. We'll ended up with Ross Thoughts and you heard it here first. You're calls, text and talkbacks all day long. Welcome to the show. I'm Jim to my left, my lovely very Dangerous co hosts Deb Roberts, Hello, then great Dad, Producer Jack Brad, Joe, Good afternoon. How many Elian Ross Badget learned a lot about myself when I first took a bit buy out of fruit Gushers All right for seven nine four one text us seven, seven and zero three one. Find is easily on social Instagram, Facebook, at d Jim Colber's show on x just add Jim Colbert showing all day every day at Jim Culbert Live dot com. That's where you check us out on YouTube. Watch us through the show, get him out with our question of the day, and if you'd like to send the talk back, it's easy as well. Just grab the iHeartRadio app, go straight to real Radio and use that mike to send your comment over to Jack. But we'll get you on the air, superstar. You're three'clock. He were was fun? If you in go to Real Radio dot fm and send that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. Fun is the word, guys.
Speaker 3: Good luck still makes me nervous.
Speaker 2: We hope you win, you and yeah, f you in fun. How's it going everybody, It's it's going great. It's a Monday for this guy. I have never partied that hard on a Tuesday Wednesday back to back like that before. Went for went for it, tied one up, lost it, found it, tied one up again. Really, I got drunk twice on Wednesday? Oh really? Wen?
Speaker 4: And so Wednesday was the day where you were at the World Cup Final in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Against England versus Argentina. A sold out stadium, absolute blaring sound, the food, the vibes. It was exactly what I wanted it to be. I am happy to say that you didn't take that eighty seven hundred dollars that the tickets were worth at game time. Yeah, you're happy to say that. We're happy to say you walked away from thirty thousand dollars in gash between us four friends. That would have been the number. But I understand why that ticket is was worth that much. That was unreal. That was the greatest human shared experience I have gone for. Okay, so let me ask you this real quick. That's saying a lot considering childbirth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at marriage nor.
Speaker 2: Them give me with friends like you're one, two and three, they're two and three. I mean by that, it's just like out in the general public, just a viewing thing. You are walking up to with them strangers and viewing the same thing together.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was I'm getting goosebumps thinking about it all over again. And you guys all sat right next to each other, right all right next to each other. And you see me in a photograph of where it was in the stadium, and I said, you should have just stayed here. You probably could have seen it the same.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were, I mean we were those bleeding. So did you drink in the stadium?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah you did. Okay. People don't know about this, and I don't want to make any Orlando sports fan angry, but the one thing that I knew about Mercedes Mercedes Benz Stadium Atlanta, their prices are unbelievably low. I really it was.
Speaker 4: Arthur Blank, right, Arthur Arthur Blank, owner of the Atlanta Falcons.
Speaker 2: Who I crashed at his ranch once. He didn't know I lived with him, but I did.
Speaker 7: Yah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he That was his concession for the fans as they built this giant thing. And when you're ticket prices are going crazy with this brand new Mercedes.
Speaker 2: Stadium. You know, you and I both been there now.
Speaker 4: It's an awesome venue, but the the concession prices are reasonable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is reasonable? What's a large beer cost there? I think like eight bucks?
Speaker 8: No, it's not kind of like going to what do you call the players where you can get really good food prices.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the sandwich is like a dollar and a half, two buck or something like that for a hot dog. Yeah, like it was cheap, cheap, Well then we made use of it. That's really good, man. I mean that's eight bucks of beer. Is like, that's very reasonable. Let's you get a brewery and spend more than eight dollars of.
Speaker 3: Beer, see a movie and spend more than eight bucks on a beer.
Speaker 2: Refills on the cokes there, I was drinking so much ConA big way. Oh yeah, that was surfing. Yeah, that was the food. Good food was so good. Atlanta has really good food. And and then just shout out to wealthy friends. I've got too wealthy friends. You're wealthy. I thought it was the other people in that at the game. Yeah no, no, you're probably got money for ticket, you got some money. Well, it was just they got out to really nice restaurants and uh, I just of course, I'm very grateful for having I mean it was we got We gave ourselves goosebumps every hour when we were hanging out because we made this decision when we were kids. We I mean, I've known these guys now for over twenty plus years. You guys had this conversation about going to the World Cup as children, not not the World Cup specifically, but we were still we acknowledged that we were still hanging out with the same people. Yeah, and we took great We were just so happy about that. Also, when I say shout out to wealthy friends, like we stayed in a penthouse by luck. You love good deals, Jim deal. This was the greatest deal I've ever ran into. It was ahouse and that's just the magazine. It's downtown. I stayed in downtown Atlanta. There's like a margarete Ville Marriott something. I don't even know why. I didn't understand how we got this room and it was cheaper than what our original hotel was because this rich guy was like, oh, I thought the World Club was going to sell this thing out on the semifinal. It didn't. You guys lucked out. I dropped the price like by sixty percent and we found it. So I was in a penthouse in downtown Atlanta, overlooking the FanFest that is, it was a soccer festival. It was what my dreams were made of. How long did it take you to get out of the stadium after the game was over? Oh, great question. It felt like I had just had sex. After that final whistle blew and every It was like I said, dude, I've never experienced anything like this. Everyone stood, eighty thousand people back row, front row, everyone standing. No one sat. Wow, not a single person sat. What was the vibe? Who had more fans Argentina by a long shot. And it was the greatest display of fandom I've ever seen in my entire life. Who were you rooting for England? Who did you bet on England? Did you really? Did you lose one hundred dollars one hundred and fifty because I also had a fifty dollars prop bet. But that was also like the most gamling I've ever done in a single two bet on a certain score score. Yeah, Harry, I thought, I thought Harry Kane was I thought he was still dad that I thinks that's the funniest name in the history of sports. I mean, what parents, Well, it's odd that his name is an adjective and now, yeah, but you can't explain its spell but an I that's true. I Uh, it was phenomenal the Argentina fans. That was magical. I there were so many things like I just to elaborate on, like it felt like I had sex as soon as that final whistle blue you because he was exhausting, because every woman around you was disappointed. Because the tension in that stadium was building, and it was building even before the match started. It was just so tense, like, oh my god, it's happening right here. It is the unflicked and we're going to see the resolution and see the end result. And these guys, legit, do not like each other. Like I found that out because the clips that I saw after the match in the streets of Atlanta shows you that England was not cool about losing this match. They were patently uncool. I mean there's clips of soccer fans of all of their low lights, you know. I also saw clips of Argentina, who, let's just say they don't have the greatest record when it comes to racism, and their fans are in Atlanta. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I gotcha. Let's say they squabbled up with Atlanta police. There saw a lot of really indignant English dudes that obviously had way too many beers, just popping off in the streets and just getting checked you know, oh yeah exactly. But it was it was so magical to be in that stadium and to feel the collective like knocking of the knees, when that last whistle blue, when everyone finally found out this is what happened, this is the end result of today. And I bottle that up. That was unreal seeing the songs the I mean, imagine pulling up into Atlanta, as you're getting closer to the stadium, you just hear a Spanish chant from the Argentinian fans echoing through downtown Atlanta off of the buildings. As you keep getting closer to the stadium, it keeps getting louder and louder, and next thing you know, you are in a sea of blue and white. Yea pretending to know the song. I don't know their songs. Yeah, Argentina fans at each score, Oh, especially when the MESSI dealt the last one, and then the header was going in and we had to assist that second goal. Literally, That's why I felt like I had sex, dude. It was very insane when that second goal went in. The stadium rocked multiple times throughout the whole experience of being there, but when that second goal went in, it felt words are falling short. It just felt like a physical push to everyone at the same time. In that I think I even somewhat celebrated.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: It was wild, absolute limbs, Jim, that's what they call it. I was buzzing on the scenes, a lot of limbs, A lot of limbs buzzing on the scenes. Yeah, alright, I like all that some soccer terminology. It was unreal. It was worth every dollar. Yeah, I'm gonna use that tonight in an oyster bars. See how it goes? All right? Four seven nine went six one four one text us at seven seven zero three one. Glad to have you back, big dog. I'm glad that I win. I'm sure that we'll have some more of her thoughts to that. Yes, because there is a couple of handful of moments that I also learned a lot about myself. Really, Oh yeah, they all right, very good. Nothing wrong with us self discovery. If you liked me before, Jim, I think you're gonna love me at six. Really, I think that debatable even after the fruit gushirt, come did? I don't think you got it?
Speaker 6: Move on?
Speaker 2: I did get it anyway, dad, But that's some news for us. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Hesath comments on the Blue Angels low flyover above a Florida beach. Two wounded deputies are still recovering after a shooting, and how you can score some limited edition sneaks that.
Speaker 3: Come with flasks. Oh yeah, yeah, that's what we need. That's we'll talk about that next during JCS news.
Speaker 2: You got it. Don't forget your three o'clock heyword is fun?
Speaker 5: F you in?
Speaker 2: Go to Real Radio FM and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Back in a second, Depth's news and more than Jim Corburg Show.
Speaker 7: Previously from The Jim Colbert.
Speaker 9: Show, thirty thousand dollars for a soccer game.
Speaker 2: Yeah damn, still go that way. All right, Welcome back to the Jim Corb Show. Go radio one o four point one fun. That is your three fluck heword f you in? Go to Real Radio FM and send that away for your chance at a thousand bucks. Just get a winner today. We don't want to get blanked on week one again. Now, no is fun is the word? Guys, go get it. I'm Jim, there's Jack yep Ross is here. It's true and Depth has your news.
Speaker 10: It's time for JCS news. Wow, this guy got a push name on everything.
Speaker 2: It's in my contracted here's the news on the Jim Colberg Show.
Speaker 8: And as always, JCS News is brought to you by that mortgage guy. Don give him a listen tomorrow morning when he's host of the Home Loans radio show. Democrats are reacting to President Trump's primetime address last night that focused on election integrity. Trump says the American election system is vulnerable to interference and fraud as we head towards the midterms. West Palm Beach Congresswoman Lois Frankel, however, begs to differ.
Speaker 11: Our elections here in Pombage County in Florida and around the country are safe, and they are secure, and Americans should cast their ballots with the confidence.
Speaker 8: The president says that our nation's intelligence officials have discovered that China exploited weaknesses in our voting system to gain access to two hundred and twenty million US voter files. But Frankel says Trump is just trying to divert voters' attention from the Iran war and the fact that people are struggling to pay their bills. Want to make your voice heard. The deadline to register to vote in Florida's primary election is fast approaching. It's actually Monday, July twentieth, is the last day to register or make any changes to your registration that would include party affiliation.
Speaker 3: According to the Department of State.
Speaker 8: That's important to remember because Florida is a closed primary state, meaning only voters who are registered members of Democrats or Republicans are going to be able to cast ballots for those candidates. Jack and I will get to do things like school board judges, judges. Yeah, the non fun stuff getting shut out. The Florida primary election is set for August eighteenth, all right. The Florida Democrats are holding their largest fundraiser of the year in Lake Buenavista this weekend. A thousand people are expected to attend the Leadership Blue gala tomorrow night eight, including candidates and donors and volunteers. House and Senate victory spokesperson Anders Kroi says Democratic candidates are turning out no party affiliated voters across Florida.
Speaker 9: Democrats for winning npahs by large margins, peeling off to effective Republican voters and have consolidated a fired up base that is sick of the increased cost, chaos and corruption that has defined the last eighteen months.
Speaker 8: Now, the director of the Democratic Party will be discussed this weekend, as democratic socialism is on the rise, and again voter registration has a disadvantage. There's a million and a half more Republicans than than there are Democrats in the state of Florida. But really, it's always the independence.
Speaker 5: It is.
Speaker 3: It's always the independence.
Speaker 2: Always.
Speaker 8: Secretary of War Pete haig Seth is weighing in after the US Navy's Blue Angels conducted that low flyover above a crowded Florida beach. Officials say they're conducting a review of that low altitude pass over Pensacola Beach that happened on Wednesday, sending sand shares and tents flying as it passed over the crowd. The other thing I do didn't notice was the amount of kids. I didn't realize how loud the jet would be going over. Yeah, so they showed. I didn't realize that because a lot of the adults were fist pumping. Yeah what heg Seth's say, y'all soft?
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 8: In a post, heg Seth wrote, quote, the flyovers will continue until morale improves.
Speaker 3: End quote, So y'all soft?
Speaker 8: And the White House shared photos of the flyover with the caption quote it's okay to love America end quote. Navy officials completed a safety review after acknowledging the maneuver was lower than standard, but no Blue Angel pilots will be reprimanded or fired.
Speaker 2: If somebody just thought of themselves, Well, maybe our safety was not exactly thought of here. That that is like, you know, well, I'm not a Patriot now because I was worried about my family safety. Look, I thought it was kind of cool too, but I mean, you know, it's kind of funny. Hey could have been kid rocking a chopper.
Speaker 8: Another note about flying, a new form of flying is just now coming online electric battery Howard drones large enough to carry passengers. Fox thirty five spoke to Kevin Thompson, Assistant vice president of Planning with the Orlando Aviation Authority, who says Orlando International Airport is building a temporary vertic stop for electrical vertical takeoff and landing aircraft.
Speaker 12: We expect this to be the first airport sponsored vertiport for to stop project at a commercial service airport.
Speaker 8: So officials hope to have a fully functional vertiport by twenty thirty as commercial air taxi service becomes more viable as the technology continues to advance. All right, nobody's flying right now, and that's because the National Hurricane Center is continuing to watch an area of disturbed weather near the northeastern Gulf right now. Forcasters say there's a greater chance now is up to thirty percent chance of developing into a tropical system over the next week, even if it never gets a name, though Central Florida is still expected to feel the impacts. The biggest concern will be periods of heavy rain, thunderstorms, and localized flooding through the weekend and into early next week. And of course we're already getting a taste of that with the thunderstorms that are out right now.
Speaker 2: Oh is this weekend this weekend? All right? Yes, just stay inside and read a book. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Basically, it's supposed to be a pretty sloppy, especially into the afternoon and evening Saturday into Sunday, and especially in the Monday.
Speaker 2: Ross, I don't I'm going to read a book. I'm going to be playing video games. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Well, last week you said you were going to I expect you to be watching the soccer match or a baseball game, and instead you read a book.
Speaker 2: I know, it's so weird.
Speaker 3: I know, I don't even know you.
Speaker 2: Who does that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 8: One of the deputies shot by a domestic violent suspect in Ruskin on Thursday could be released from the hospital as soon as today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is. It's very awesome.
Speaker 8: Hillsborough County Sheriff Chad Cronister says, millimeters literally millimeters, We're all that separated Deputy Colton Daniels from life threatening injuries.
Speaker 2: How do you get shot in the neck. The bullet goes in the front and out the back and hit no major arteries. Does it hit his spine?
Speaker 3: Which is incredible.
Speaker 8: The other wounded deputy, a Safarmoni Moon, is undergoing another round of surgery after a bullet struck his cheek and another went into his hand. A third deputy shot and killed suspect Chris Muchowski. This is a crazy update on this story. A federal judge based in Fort Myers who recently ordered the release of a convicted Cuban plane hijacker has died.
Speaker 7: What.
Speaker 8: We just covered this story last week. We heard this, We just covered this story. Judge John Steele served on the U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and passed away this week under circumstances that have not been disclosed. Steele drew national attention after ruling that Michael Gera Morales, who served more than twenty years in prison for a two thousand and three plane hijacking, should be released from Ice custody while awaiting deportation. Florida Congressman Greg Stuby responded by filing articles of impeachment against Steele, accusing him of judicial outreach.
Speaker 3: I guess they don't need those documents no more.
Speaker 2: Man, I'm running out of tenfoil here, Jim. Yeah, I'm sorry, Dad, I'm running out it. So this judge was like, no, we got to get this guy out of Ice.
Speaker 8: They've been waiting for months and Cuba is not accepting deportation flights. So the judge was he had to release him, and he onto the back onto the streets of Miami. But now that judge has died and we have no.
Speaker 2: No idea why. Yeah, I feel like when judges die, like you got to pay attention. Yeah, that's one of those things that's like a yellow light. You got you gotta keep an eye out on one. Judge's missing, all right.
Speaker 8: The man at the top of the Health and Human Services Department is weighing in on the dangerous outbreak of cyclosporiasis causing severe stomach problems.
Speaker 3: The CDC is.
Speaker 8: Zeroing in on shredded iceberg lettuce by one supplier, reportedly Taylor Farms, served at Taco Bell.
Speaker 2: Now that we know the probable, I think it's going to be a much easier for people to make healthy choice health. I'd rather have diarrhea than have him explain why I have diarrhea. When he talks on a phone, it sounds like like four phones were being used. Like it's like one phone going into another phone. This is like a guy asking for ransom. Yeah, he's trying to hide his location. He's talking while at work.
Speaker 8: Health and Human Services Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Junior says, the good news is the parasite is easily treatable with a handful of drugs.
Speaker 2: Do you know the part that bothers me the most, him admitting doing hard drugs off of a toilet seat.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll give you that it can last two weeks in your system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I heard that two weeks. Yeah. That some cases will stick around. They're like a like an aunt that just won't go home.
Speaker 8: Waiting till you have that very important business meeting that you're only halfway through before your stomach says.
Speaker 2: And you're tethered to your house because there's no you're no way, not even ten feet away from a toilet.
Speaker 8: I reported cases of cyclosporiesis have nearly doubled across Florida this month. State official or state health data shows cases increase from fifty to ninety six in just one week. Anybody else being like extra diligent when it comes to fruits and vegetables?
Speaker 2: Oh well, I gotta tell you. I am my wife and I went out to dinner last night, right, and that's we're going out to dinner, and we're headed to dinner, sitting there and lady comes up and says, would you like a salad? He goes no, Like REALI I'm like, maybe it's fine. It's not like it was Sextis roadhouse where we went. And I'm like, yeah, baby, they're fine. This is you know, this is not the kind of this is not the lettuce is not the place she like was real, not a hundred but she did wind up getting one.
Speaker 8: I know a lot of people are like, eh, I'm just gonna cook everything until we know this is gone. Health officials recommend not only washing protos thoroughly, but refrigerating prepared fruits and vegetables promptly. In the meantime, to Trump administration cabinet secretaries visited a Florida hospital.
Speaker 3: You'll never guess, uh, visit with a dog? All right? Jack or Ross? What would be your guests?
Speaker 8: What would these two administration secretaries visit a Florida hospital to do?
Speaker 2: I give them an award for what?
Speaker 3: Anything? Specific?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: For turning in immigrants? Ross? He took my guess, Uh, I don't know, to make sure that like the cancer bells are all good cancer.
Speaker 8: That is a fine guest. I told you you wouldn't guess it. It was actually to praise its food.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, Health Secretary Robert F.
Speaker 8: Kennedy Junior and Agriculture Secretary Brooke Rawlins had meals prepared from the menu at Tampa General Hospital by celebrity chef Jeffreys.
Speaker 3: The carrion.
Speaker 2: I formulated for the for the hospital and it's hospital food, so they ate hospital food today. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Zakarian's been working with Tampa General to upgrade their menu. The hospital is the first in the nation to sign RFK Juniors Make Hospital Food Healthier Pledge, which includes emphasizing fruits and vegetables and cutting back on ultra processed foods and sugary drinks. Never knew hospitals really had that either, except for the nurses and the pas and the doctors who need that stuff just to get through their shift. Yeah, Kennedy says, Tampa General is large enough to show other health organizations how to create healthier menus. Interesting, but advent Health is like that, right, because it's Seventh Day Adventist. Isn't there like generally no meat on.
Speaker 2: No meat From what I think, it's changed a little bit. Yeah, it may have.
Speaker 4: I just remember the story that the one near us there was a Wendy's that was on their property.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, and they were not allowed to serve that bacon pay shut down now, but it was right across the street. You're one hundred percent right, no bacon on their burgers? Was it was weird ordering an often need.
Speaker 13: Hey.
Speaker 2: You know the other thing too, is my my daughter, my first daughter was born in that hospital and I remember specifically saying that after she was born, like, we're not coming back here. Yeah, I can't eat anymore or whatever that is downstairs.
Speaker 4: Mama, My youngest daughter was born in that hospital.
Speaker 3: Really, yeah, you guys have shared history.
Speaker 2: We did have our baby, the other baby, my other child. I had her at the other hospitals, so we get some food. Yeah yeah, yeah, and then we weren't even there that long. That's crazy, all right.
Speaker 8: If you are going to be traveling down to South Florida for any reason this weekend, just be aware that emergency crews are still working around the clock to contain an explosive wildfire burning near the edge of the Everglades. The West Broward brush fire has scorched about forty four hundred acres and as of this morning was only about twenty percent contained. Fire management teams are carving out defensive brakes to slow the spread. No evacuations have been ordered, but a heavy smoke advisory is active for western suburbs. I mean, and they're talking that right now. The Midwest has the worst air quality in the country, courtesy of the wildfires in Minnesota that have now jumped into Ontario. Other Canadian wildfire smoke. They're saying Chicago is hazardous.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Their soccer team had to delay their game or postpone it, and they brought day camps inside because of the smoky.
Speaker 2: Saw a shot from CBS News last night with New York in the background, and it was gnarly.
Speaker 8: Yeah, very gnarly, the whole Northeast and Midwest. All Right, maybe you've been seeing these videos across your feed on social media, but people who opposed a massive AI data center in Palm Beach County feel like they dodged a bullet, especially teachers and others involved with an elementary school that would have been right next door to Project Tango.
Speaker 2: As a teacher, one of my greatest responsibilities is protecting my students.
Speaker 10: They don't have a seat at this podium today, so I'm asking you to be their boy.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately, developers behind the project said they're not giving up after getting a down vote from the County Commission this week, and it was contentious. I'm sure they had two or at least three people we removed from the meeting because they weren't given the time that they were told they were going to be given to make public comment. Another one of those situations where we don't like what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Sit down, I gotta tell you man, in Florida. That's been happening a lot in city commission meeting. Yes, it has. I at those minutes on my feed and you're like those city commissioners as chairman to be like I don't.
Speaker 3: Like go, yeah, you're out of here, go, deputy, please go. Yeah, like ten seconds into their pitch go, Yeah it was terrible. Well, I sent you one yesterday. I don't know if you saw that one.
Speaker 8: Now, a smaller project was already approved on the land near Lyon Country Safari back in twenty sixteen, but it was about half the size of the one that was rejected. There could be a smaller data center constructed there.
Speaker 3: Or just warehouses.
Speaker 8: Developers could also weigh out a planned moratorium and reapply for a revamped project Tango.
Speaker 2: We never voted on data centers. Yeah, yeah, no, no one wants them, and they were going to happen anyways. Yeah, there's a moratorium in New York now. I mean it's a big time feedback because now they like the one in New York that it happened. I remember hearing the audio of one because somebody's like, well the noise, and then once somebody pipes up and goes, well, what about this noise? Somebody kind of defending it, and the person goes funny, you should ask and pulls up their cell phone. They brought receipts and it's a one hurts hum and they say the problem is with one twenty, which is a B flat, right, that that actually is doable. The problem is there's another hum that's created by the water cooling system that goes at a much lower rate, and that sound can actually go around objects and continue going.
Speaker 3: And disrupt your sleep.
Speaker 2: And it's more, it penetrates more through the air because the wave is longer or shorter, I can't remember.
Speaker 4: So Governor Hokell in New York during the moratorium and she says, I'm putting it on the data centers to solve the problem of their power usage, water risage and noise that you know, then come back to us with this a little short yeah, all right.
Speaker 8: While it might not be the final between Raining World Cup champs Argentina and Raining European Champion in Spain, Miami Host Committee chair Rodney Barretto says Miami Stadium is playing host to tomorrow's bronze final between France and England, and he's pretty happy.
Speaker 3: About it.
Speaker 2: We're so fortunate. We've had great matches, but the bronze Finmal was going to be one for the books for sure.
Speaker 8: Organizers say the game at Miami Stadium caps off South Florida's seven game World Cup run, gives fans a showdown between two of the world's top ranked teams. Right, you're not seeing scrubs. Officials say more than six hundred thousand people attended the FIFA Fan Festival in downtown Miami during the tournament, and watch parties are planned throughout the weekend.
Speaker 4: Bape for France is also shooting for the Golden Boot. Yeah yeah, wow, he wants a score while Messi in the title match will try and counter.
Speaker 2: And doesn't this have that weird thing ross where there was a photograph taken because somebody won a contest or something and they had their baby and their baby is like getting a bath from Messi. Oh yeah, I know, I know all that, Zach. Do you know the story, Deborah? No, Like, so there's a bam picture of Messi like getting a kid a bath, and I guess it was like some kind of contest, all right, So check this out. It was a raffle way back in the day when Messi was like twenty years old. Right from UNISEEF. A family won the raffle to take photos with Barcelona players. Their baby got selected and they chose a random Barcelona player. It was Messi that baby lamin Ya Mal who faces off against Messi and the player for a World Cup final. No, yes, that is like it's looked at as like the craziest quinka dink in sports by Spain wins. He actually give him a bath on the pitch.
Speaker 8: The only way it should end, the only way it should end, all right, Speaking of ending, Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey no is releasing a limited run of high top sneakers designed with hidden compartments in the tongues to huld the brand's new portable flask pouches.
Speaker 3: The black and red Fireball Streaks or Sneaks rather.
Speaker 8: Yeah, feature flame detailing and zippered tongue pocket size for the company's two hundred milliliter stash flask, which holds up to four shots. So beginning at ten am on July twenty fourth, adults of legal drinking age can enter through Fireballs website for a chance to purchase a bundle for twenty five dollars plus shipping. Now the entry window will remain open for just one hour. Guess how many people are going to be randomly selected and invited to complete the purchase?
Speaker 2: One hundred, now five hundred, six hundred and sixty.
Speaker 3: Six, How about just fifty?
Speaker 8: Oh, really, fifty people will be randomly selected and invited to complete the purchase. By the way, you have far better add odds of winning one thousand dollars keyword contest and then this fifty dollars thing across the country.
Speaker 2: By the way, deb if you ever want to know when the party boys are on the golf course, go to the trash cans at every tea box and you will find scads of these little fireball shooter O way, and the little one ounce things or whatever, the little flask things. I mean, they drink that stuff like those golfers love it for some reason. Well, I gotta let you know this thing, you terrible taste. You need to let your golfing buddies know that.
Speaker 8: The stash Flask is also being sold separately at select retailers for a suggested price of three ninety nine right It's available in forty two and sixty six proof versions.
Speaker 2: Out here, though, if you have fireball whiskey shoes, you don't have to talk to me. I disagree. I only want you to talk to me like I don't need. We can talk about something else. We don't have to talk about the shoes. We're talking about your family. You would not rock fireball whiskey shoes. I would not come. I would not we too good, not fireball whiskey. It would be a different whiskey. I'm not in a rock like a different type of whiskey shoe, but fireball whiskey shoes. Man, you might you know what they.
Speaker 3: Usually call those crocs. That's kind of the same message. And either way that concludes your jcs.
Speaker 2: News Rock seven four one text do seven seven zero three one fund is your three click you word if you in go to real radio dot FM and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars back in a second with sinker sale and embers only.
Speaker 14: Yeah, if you have a tea back in Rockledge in the day we raise Beard National Tattoo Day.
Speaker 9: Fun story.
Speaker 15: My first tattoo was a hard Graham, the symbol for Lake band Mark Jerre and the band him.
Speaker 2: Check on my leg what it was done by a murderer in jail.
Speaker 6: I'm a good show, y'all.
Speaker 16: All right, Hey, how's it o'hona for ass for super stowed for you? And yeah, I mean, even though I don't want to see England win on American soil, it was discouraging just listening to Tootle's postmatch interviews, all his anks and discuss with the play from the team dissatisfaction.
Speaker 10: You know, you can't go on the defense with a one to zero lead like that.
Speaker 16: And maybe that guy can get a job in mass transit when he gets back, because he should knows how to park a bus aloa hockey.
Speaker 2: Hello, yo, Ross.
Speaker 17: I was at the Argentina versus Egypt game, and yeah, those Argentinian fans are absolutely wild. When they scored that second goal. I was low key rooting for Egypt, and when they scored that second goal, they hit mine in my friend's head, threw our hats off our friend next to us. She was wearing her hair in a bun. They pulled her hair in her bun and they started spilling drinks.
Speaker 2: All over us.
Speaker 17: No what, It was absolutely wild and I want them to lose the finals because of them.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's obnoxious, and Ross was there cheering up. I am your four o'clock, he orders checked c agck, go to real radio out of him and send that away for your chance at a thousand bucks check? Is your four o'clock? You were guys? Good luck? I'm Jim. There's death hello and Ross. It's true, Argentina fans go harder than any group of people I've ever seen.
Speaker 8: I was just reminded from tea bags called we've never discussed the tiny footprints that you were supposed to be getting tattooed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I haven't gotten those yet. When are you gonna get that at little hood rat neck? You know what, that's a really good point. I have yet to even think about that. I'm too busy exerberting my son, my grandson, well, you know, on his forehead and then a little crook of his neck, the cute little moon.
Speaker 8: If that were the only one. But I mean, I'm sure you're going to have other grandchildren. So are you going to have an army of little feet marching across your bible?
Speaker 2: Only if I can get a murder to do the tattoo.
Speaker 8: That would make you a very interesting uh watch on the beaches of Florida. Dude, look at that guy who's got little footprints.
Speaker 2: All yeah, I mean, will be good ross. Obviously, we've talked about the cost of these tickets at nauseum. At the time of the game that you were at, it was, yeah, my tickets shot up to like eight grand, Yeah, eighty seven and fifty dollars to for some of those people were paying that. I think eighty two was the mean cost. And of course, now that the game is set and the final World Cup match will be Sunday, Yes, yeah, Sunday, have you looked to see how much your ticket would be worth now? No, I am. I don't know what the tickets are going for the final. I would assume it's got to be five figures. Though, let me say here real quick, make sure we get this completely right. As of right now, twenty twenty six World Cup Final Spain versus Argentina is the most expensive retail ticket in sports history.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Number two is the Super Bowl. That Super Bowl twenty are fifty eight, which is the Chief versus the Niners. Those tickets are going for ninety four hundred dollars Super Bowl and twenty twenty one, which is the Bucks versus the Chiefs, those are seventy three three hundred dollars, twenty twenty Chiefs versus the Niners again sixty five hundred dollars, and in twenty twenty six the NBA Finals Game three Nick Spurs, those tickets were going for sixty three hundred a piece. Right for the twenty twenty six World Cup Finals Spain versus Argentina, the average price of a ticket to get in is eleven three hundred twenty seven dollars, So it kind of also breaks the record and blows right by it. Yeah, yeah, I mean by two thousand bucks. And percentage wise though, like that's that's shattering a record. Yeah, to by a couple of bucks. That is a that is a well. It's funny though, because when you look at the other ones, they're all separated by about one thousand dollars. The number two game, which would be the Chiefs Arches of the Niners in twenty twenty four, that one is about two thousand more than than third place. But this one eclipses that, being two thousand more than second place. I mean one of the most I already told you on the opening segment, but one of the most Jarring. Most memorable memories throughout this trip was getting in line and just the being in line and feeling the tension of like is everything going to be good? Are we going to get in? And seeing that guy cut in line Jim oh, and then seeing this like forty year old Argentinian dude like basically start cruying. Oh really he was like begging. You don't understand, you don't understand. I need this, I need it. It was I've never seen an adult act like that over sports only hard drugs. They're usually on rock bottom. Is that our question today? Do we put that up?
Speaker 5: We do?
Speaker 4: We have it worded in our YouTube chat. You go to real Radio dot FM slash watch a YouTube right there and the question is how much would you pay for a bucket list sporting or music event. I went for a bucket list because in case you don't care about sports, Yeah, sure, the grouping is thousand dollars max between one and two thousand, between two and five or more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's perfect. And I mean that could be your favorite band doing their life as tour. That could be anything you wanted to be. It really could. So that's that's one want to shoot for. Real quick.
Speaker 4: By the way, real quick, Fayez is not feeling well today. That's why no primetime kitchen. But also sink or sell. The results are in your votes and according to you, since you all do whatever Jim tells you to do, it's sank Harvest Moon by Neil Young. Sank yeah good good, Yeah. Well the textan serfskind of reflected that it sucked too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You don't take that person, No, you should say the song sucked.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. I don't think the song's all that good. That's not the point of the big I understand that. But I'm just and that's I'm just adding that on. That's extra value. Guess right, I didn't even pick this song. It was a request. I got no connect You.
Speaker 4: Should have no connection to that. This is a dumble O'Neil song. Neil Young song, Neil Young. It's probably the song I like by him the most.
Speaker 2: I gotta I got a question because we do have the most uh, we have the smartest audience in all of radio by a million. I do believe that right as a handful outliers and they text right exactly, they Jackson, you heard the murderer tattoo thing. Right. Yeah. I didn't say not kill or I just said smartest. So there was a guy who was on the run from the FEDS for twenty years. He was a former doctor. I believe he sexually assaulted some people way back, right, and then he left, he took off, he ran, and he's been on the run for twenty years. And they call him the yacht Master. And the reason they call him the yacht Master is pretty self explanatory. He was a master sailor. He knew you know, he spent a lot of time traveling the world, so he is connected and knows where to go and everything and how to kind of, you know, keep away from people. Well, they got a tip that he was off of the shore of New Jersey, like out there on a fifty six foot yacht that he was captaining. And they got a tip that he was out there, and sure enough, coastguard, I guess, goes out there, and sure enough, there he is. After twenty years, he's on this big boat, fifty six footer. That's a pretty good sized boat, right, oh yeah, right. They they board the boat and they take him into custody without any issues, right, no incidents whatsoever. He cut hands behind the back. Load him up out of here, right, no problem. What happens to that boat? They arrested him an hour off shore, he's an hour out to see Now again, I don't know they'll tow it in? Is that what they do? Yeah? Yeah, because I don't when you go out there with the coast guard, like, I didn't know if they did that, Like I was gonna say, I mean, obviously I don't think they set it adrift now, but I didn't know if they just anchored it or what.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: That sounds dumb, but we But here's the thing. The reason I asked the question is, is like when you get pulled over and something happens with your car and they take you into custody, your car stays right there. You don't get to pulled around the corner or do it, or you don't get to take it anywhere. It would wind up getting towed.
Speaker 8: Which is why what happened with those two principles allowing her to park.
Speaker 3: It was so egregious that that was you know, and.
Speaker 2: I guess they'll tow it and they'll charge me that. Do you guess how expensive boat towing is? By the chance, and I don't know if they can have a member of the coast guard like drive it in. That's the other thing I did. That's the other question I was going to ask, Okay, is a toe scenario, which by the way, is expensive and kind of dangerous, or do they take somebody with them that is also like a master yachtsman and that person navigates the boat back to shore and then of course it would be put into uh yeah, non quarantine compound whatever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the compound interest here's I think it might they'll tow it before they'll have someone drive it.
Speaker 2: Just I don't know. If it's a liability thing, it can also have liability issues. Yeah, But I mean I don't think they would be responsible for that because I mean, he's the one breaking the law. He made them. What you get that anything that happens to the boat while apprehending him, I believe is just kind of you got to deal with it, Like if the boat got sunk because they were trying to apprehend him. I don't think he has a case there, Like I don't think he has a case. But I mean, I think if they have to tow the boat, they wind up charging him for it. I mean it's thousands of dollars. I mean, I knew, dude's just gotta get used to get stuck on the river, and it would be you know, a thousand bucks for you to come out and have the towboat tow you back to a dock of some sort.
Speaker 4: It goes to impound every time, so they get paid to according it tech service.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know anything about that, but I do know that having this as a conversation really makes it look like you're about to do something bad on a boat. We were asking, like what happens? I just thought, you get arrested on a boat. Let the case do with it. The case was very interesting, and I just kind of thought. I was like, well, what did they do with the damn boat? You know, like why didn't This is like the first time a bad guy got a really cool nickname. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the yacht master. Yeah, dude, the yacht master. Don't give that to a sexual assaulter. Yeah, do not do that. Right.
Speaker 4: Text brings up a good poor It says about that size would probably have a full crew, which would include a first mate, so someone else might be qualified to Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, but drive it back I guess you're absolutely right. Fifty six Well, I don't know. Fifty six foot yeah, probably if it's a if it's a standard sailboat, I would think it probably would have to have a couple of employees. You're right, interesting, all right? Four seven nine one six one o four one. You can always text us at seven seven zero three one. Read a story about a woman today and she had a boyfriend, and that boyfriend wanted to get married, but the woman said, not until this happens.
Speaker 10: Scard.
Speaker 18: After morning, Colbert ruined, I'm here with Sharp, the non swillie, and we actually on here down in Melbourne at the Salty Fox, just having a good time, hanging on off ride at playing some pool, having some drink. Hey, and Jimmy, do you know why Waldo wears a striped shirt. I don't, Well, Jimmy, she doesn't want to be spotted.
Speaker 2: Oh man, oh my gosh. Not good.
Speaker 7: Real radio listeners are talking, and what they're saying is Jack Bradshaw's got the goods. Jack Bradshaw wears his name with a well earned pride. Jim Colbert, Colbert, dirty Jim, Jimmy Chipper. How many aliases does one man need? Just what exactly is mystery man Colbert hiding. Anyway, Let's leave catfish Colbert or whatever his real name is to his high dollar manny petties and charcoony platters.
Speaker 2: Jack Bradshaw's got the goods. So I didn't realize there.
Speaker 4: But he has sent three more different versions of that, and they're all campaign ad style for I don't know, for you, Jack, Well, yeah, for you.
Speaker 2: Jim and I are running for some office.
Speaker 4: I guess we're not promising agains the agriculture commissioner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're four. If you were to check c hgc K, go to real radio dot f him and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Check is the word, guys, go get that money. I'm Jim. There's deb Hello, check is here, and so is Sauce. It's true.
Speaker 4: You gotta mention conservative for for Jim right in that Wilton Simpson ad. I counted five times in that sixty second ad, so no, six times. Then he said it was a concern. Every ten seconds they remind you he's a conservative.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah? Is there a question of it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I think that's when they're advertising. That's the message there to breakthrough to you.
Speaker 2: I got you, guys.
Speaker 4: If you hey, if you're a conservative, this is your guy, and we're gonna tell you to remind you every ten seconds.
Speaker 15: There.
Speaker 2: You know who's running against him? Is that Matt the Welder, Matt Taylor? That's it? Yeah, yeah, very good. Have you ever seen any other stuff? Matt the Welder, Matt Matt Taylor? I know you guys know, Yeah, it's so funny because I was I went to reach out to the guy who. Have you guys seen the guy who does the yoink thing in the Everglades? Yeah, joint and he will pick up of this ajoint. It'll be like some kind of newt or yoink and his whole thing is he's looking for pythons down there, but he doesn't while he's barefoot, right. So I actually text Savannah from the Morning Show because she knows a lot of the people in that world. I said, hey, you know, do you know this yoink guy? Can I get his Can I get his name? I mean, you know, you know, get a hookup if you know him? And she she didn't say why, but she said, you don't want to talk to that guy. Here's who you want to talk to. And she gave me some info on Matt the Welder because of his environmental pro prowess and how he looks out for the environmental health.
Speaker 8: Of Florida, the wild spaces, the wild spaces that are left in Florida. What's interesting is that because he'd become known as matth the Welder, he had changed his name, including his Social Security card to read Matt the Welder. But then Florida lawmakers passed a law that says, if you're going to run for office, you have to run under the name you were given at birth.
Speaker 3: So now he has to run. So now he has to run as Matt Taylor. He cannot run as Matthew Welder.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you watch stuff, he's pretty well put together and now that Yeah, they are trying to do that. But Savannah wanted me to talk to him instead of uh, instead of the other guy.
Speaker 4: Well, he's challenging Florida Ag Commissioner Wilton's Simpson.
Speaker 2: They're both Republicans, so it's a primary challenge. Oh, it's interesting. I didn't know that he was a Republican. Yeah, that's very interesting. I mean, I'm gonna tell this out. I don't think there's too many Matt the welders, you know, drinking Machia in the morning either. I'm not gonna tell you when you when you're the ad guy, having a first name of Wilton is a pretty good fit, right, yeah, I mean that fits if you're Wilton. I find it funny that Matt the Welder did try to run underneath the name Matt the Welder, and then the Florida was like, nah, man, you can only go birth name, and he had to probably be like, this is not a trans thing.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, it was.
Speaker 8: It was all about the ground roots support that he was getting. So this was their way of tamping that down and making it more difficult for him to have the name recognition when you got into the ballot box. It just shows he got under their skin, which I think is awesome.
Speaker 2: In his videos are great. I mean, they make a lot of sense. I don't. I mean, I have never like, uh, I've never like fact checked any of the stuff. But I mean, you know, he's basically just kind of looking out for the waterways and our drinking water in Florida and making sure that the sprawl in the state doesn't really affect us long term when it comes to what we expect the state to be able to provide us with natural resources.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I feel like politicians and politics right now, I've grown into this weird paradox about it.
Speaker 19: All.
Speaker 2: This is because like, for you to get elected, for you to win, you're going to have to say stuff that you probably know you can't do. You have to lie to win an election. Yeah, is that just Yeah, Yeah, You're going to have to lie. You have to say stuff that gets the people going while you know, dude, there's no chance I'm gonna ever be able to get this.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Even the people you think are good guys or good girls have had you know, uh, aberrations in their and their past. I mean, it's nobody's in that business. It is the dirtiest business in the world by a million.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the but also you have to make these promises like I'm gonna there's a guy running he's the ac guy running for you know, uh, the house. But he's like, I'm gonna, yeah, I'm gonna lower gas prices, you know, lower insurance rates.
Speaker 2: And it's like really, yeah, yeah, good luck with that. To watch a game like I don't even know how much the engine even listens to the politicians we vote in what do you There's been so many times since I've been on this radio program where it's like, all right, we're holding an election, we see the results of the election, we will not act according to said election election just for funsies, thanks for taking part in it. And then all the politicians that ran on platforms are saying I'm going to do this, do that, and then you go ahead and vote, and it's like those politicians don't even have a say in the data centers. Yeah, it's easy to say that as a as a it's easy to say that as a candidate because you're not in the machine yet. The problem is is once you get in the machine and you realize why no one else has got anything else done, it's hard for you to look back and go, oh, well, I thought I could do this the whole time. And it's the problem is is the machine doesn't fix easy.
Speaker 4: I think underlying Ross's point and the thing that frustrates me most is the intellectual dishonesty where they know they can't do something, or they know they would be ineffective doing something, but they're gonna say they're gonna do it and promise they're gonna do that, because that's what that's.
Speaker 2: What they're It's what moves the needle. That's what's what you're gonna want to obtain more power off of. Just like simple fabrication, manipulation in line and again, who would want the job? Who would want that job? Who would want a job in politics in this country? You know, for one thing, as a competitive salary, who would want the job? That's the thing I asked myself the most about politicians in general, is you know who wants these jobs? Why do you want a job to pay seventy five grand a year when your education would allow you to make one hundred and fifty in the private sector. Why? I mean, some people go in there with the truest of intents. They want to go in there and go, hey, look, you know, I think I want to make a change. I hate the way this looks from the outside. Ind and then unfortunately, much like a lot of these good people, they get sucked into this machine and they realize, oh man, I'm in way deeper than I ever thought in a million years I would be in. I can't do this because this person says I can't do that, because that sponsor. Or, that donor won't donate anymore if I do that. So what I promise back there, I can't do anymore because my buddy said, if you do that, they're going to cut all the funding off for this part of the world here for us, no more Republican dollars, no more Democrat dollars, whatever the case may be. So once you get in the machine and you realize that it's all run by corporations and donations and money, you really aren't going to do much governance. I don't think it's hard. That's why you hear these guys on the hill all the time talking about I've been working on this bill for five years. It's got today working on the bill for five years, and all it takes is one person to vote it down or a veto from the President or the governor.
Speaker 19: You know.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a really weird process.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 2: I could never do it in a million years. I could never do it. But yeah, I can do it. I mean, you said the you said, the engine, right, is toxic. The machine, the machine, the machine is toxic. But I also, like I look at it and go like, yeah, no, one, we don't even get to vote on the machine. Yeah. No, I like that the machine is the ghost. Yeah yeah, like the ghost is the dollar that machine, mate. I don't know. For the longest time, it's my naivetey of being shattered as I get into my mid thirties of thinking that like, oh, yeah, we do have a say. You have a say. You have a say here, you have a say for amendments and the person that you put in office. After that person gets in office, you do not have a say. You can just tell them, hey, I won't vote for you anymore, or you can tell them that that's that's pretty much the only you. You're dealing with a you know, a pillow hammer at that point. Like, I know, I think this has been on a disagreement that we've always had in the past, is that, like I know, it really pisses people off when people don't vot vote, and you know what, I disagree with people who do not vote. I think you should vote. With that said, I will never be mad at somebody for not voting. Yeah, that's a weird thing. And the reason why I feel that way is is because the people who are holding the elections jerrymandering are disrespecting our right to vote way more than someone not taking part in an election. I saw a list today. It says, these are the twenty two things that ninety five percent of Americans won. And it was just basically a bipartisan list of once and needs. And I'm like that, right, there should be every politician's checklist. And it was just the stuff that you hear about all the time that always gets litigated and never negotiated, over and over and over and over and over. But I saw that on line today and I wish I would have saved it because it was it was It was really kind of exactly on point. All right, four oh seven ninete six four one texts seven seven zero three to one. So I told you guys went to break. There's this woman and she talks with this is a BBC story, by the way, and she goes her boyfriend. They're in love. They're young, probably in their in the late twenties, I believe, and he's like, man, I really want to get married, and she looks at him and she goes, I will marry you, but you have to do this first. And I think this is a really interesting idea. Do you have to get rid of that tattoo. Well, that's a good guests. Yeah, And I gotta tell you, I think everybody in this room are in these rooms. I think most people would agree with this concept. And it is a bit of a novel concept. By the way plays back and forth. A man could also make this determination or ask this of someone that would want to get married. And I think maybe you might see more of this lately. You have to learn Spanish one more, Devora, what do.
Speaker 8: You think that financial literacy takes some kind of like a budgeting class.
Speaker 2: You're the closest one. You have to be debt free. She looked at her boyfriend and she said, I do want to marry you. I love you dearly, but I don't have any debt. I've been paying for my own rent, my own house and everything. You've been living with your mom. You've paid rent to your mom, and that's great, but you have he has like a seven or eight thousand dollars or something like that. She goes, we are not going to get together. We're not joining our finances. And by the way, she wants to do that. She wants to go to the whole traditional marriage thing once they get together, to combine their finances, have one account, they deal with all their bills through. But she will not do that as long as he brings debt into the relationship. I couldn't love this more. Yeah, what a concept. Like I've never heard anybody say that. It makes perfect sense, Like right over, rip, I love this idea. I love it. I'm obsessed with it. But have hard conversations, you know what. This is communication that should be having, It should be happening. It is a hard conversation, it is. Yeah, because I mean, you could really, really really love somebody. Can I tell you something my wife have. My wife said this to me, I would not be her husband because I was absolutely swamped in debt when we met. I'd just gotten through a divorce, like a year and a half into it. I had no money. I did have a house, but I only got that from the skin of my teeth. The furniture we had in the house was basically outdoor furniture. I had to borrow television, He's gonna borrowed couch. Our our dining room table was an outdoor like patio table. So we had nothing. And uh, and she married me. She probably shouldn't have just based on that, but yeah, man, you know, asking telling somebody you got to be debt free if you want to be with me. I mean I probably shouldn't share this. I don't think he's listening what is, but I'll still do it. I had a friend who uh basically had a kid, had a kid, looked at the baby mama, baby mama, was like, do you want to get married? Because I do you need to go to college? Oh? Really? He said you need to graduate? And she did not. They did not get married. No way. Wow, that's coming in hot. That's real hot. Yeah, it's like shocking sociopathic tendencies. If you ask me, well, why why college?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Because they were It was really young they were. I mean this was over a decade ago. Now this is some twenty five. And he really really cared about his future, his family's future. He wanted he wait, a college graduation extremely high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then that's important to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And what they did here is, by the way, the couple was named Sarah and Lee. Funny, I just picked up on that. She said. What they did was she said, yes, I will marry you. We're gonna set a wedding date two years from now. And at the end of this two years. If you're not debt free, we will break this. We will break this date. We will not get it to me. What it wrong there?
Speaker 5: Yea?
Speaker 2: Her whole idea was to set a timeline for him so that he could do he could get the debt taken care of in the timeline that they both agreed with.
Speaker 4: I think, what about the debt that's going to be incurred by planning a wedding within the next two years.
Speaker 2: It will probably be a collective debt of it. I guess.
Speaker 8: I think she already has her answer. She just doesn't want to accept it, which is what well. I mean, he is living at home, he's paying rent to his mom. I'm sure that that can be a flexible arrangement. But if he's saving that kind of money and still carrying that kind of debt, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: By the way I do, he makes more money than her.
Speaker 3: Okay, there's an even bigger issue.
Speaker 2: He makes more more money than she does. So when they get together, I mean, they're gonna be fine, and they're gonna make plenty of money. But the problem is he has this car Loan debt and she simply does not want and you know it's wild. I wonder if she feels like she shouldn't have to pay for his car. I don't think it's the car loan debt.
Speaker 8: I think it shows a propensity to not take those responsibilities as seriously as he should. Again, he's living at home, he makes more money than she does, and he's still carrying his seven or eight thousand dollars debt.
Speaker 3: So what are you doing with all that money he's saving? Why are you living at home?
Speaker 4: It's not that much more, by the way, a car loan debt is not It should not be a deal breaker, right because I don't think so. Well, most people driving a car out there have a you know, some type of debt on me. I think to Deb's point, I think it shows that there's a bigger issue here.
Speaker 8: Not taking the financial responsibility as seriously. And like you said, it's only going to get more expensive from now because it's versus the wedding. Then it's going to be your children, Then it's your children's education. So the expenses aren't going to get smaller, they're going to get greater. And if he's shown that he can make more money, still carry debt and live at home, yeah, I would be worried about tying my finances to that person in the traditional sense.
Speaker 2: And by the way, she they're still together. They've been together twenty plus years. They now have two grown teenage daughters as well. But the funny thing is is he agreed with her, like he basically said, I'm terrible with money. I can't wait for you to manage our cash. Good for him, and he kind of he stuck those guns, he goes, I completely agree with that, so he buckled down, paid off the car. They got married. Now their accounts are combined and she manages their money for them, and he has no problem with that because he says to himself, that's not my strong point. So it actually worked out quite well for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought they were young kids.
Speaker 2: Not no, no, no, they were, but this is a story down the road. Oh okay, this is them now. But she was telling me the story when they got together that she wanted him debt free before they got married. Which, yeah, the car loan is weird because I don't that's like not, well, what kind of lord would have to be not a long weird for it to be weird?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Like card debt? Credit card debt, credit card debt, credit card debt is right on the nuts, she said, because that shows no control and you're making more money, you're And then also the biggest red flag is they're still living with my Is that really a red flag anymore? Huge red flag? When do you make more money than she does and you're still it? Just again, Okay, so I didn't say how much they made. They don't make a whole bunch of money. He just happens to make a couple thousand more than she does. They both make kind of very the same, basic mediocre salary type things. I mean, he's modest, he's a maintenance man, and she is a I want to say she was a teacher's assistant or something like that. So they both make about the same, which is plenty for them to live. They have a nice life. But what she was saying is she just didn't want to get off on that foot where they they that there was a debt inconsistency in the relationship, Like can you understand that though?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: But again, let's just say you and I were getting together, right.
Speaker 3: That wasn't even me.
Speaker 2: I don't know who that was. Say you and I are getting together? Why lower. I don't know, Rosh, I'm gonna take our screens out of YouTube.
Speaker 3: No, no, you are not.
Speaker 2: And you really want me, you really want to be with me.
Speaker 3: God, I don't say that word to go away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, you want to But and you're doing great and I'm also doing great. But I'm bringing in, like you know, twenty or thirty thousand dollars in debt. It's yeah, you don't want to pay that bill. You don't want to pay that that's not fair to you. We get married and all of a sudden, you're where you know, our money is combined, and now we're writing my check out of our money. I don't know about that.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy you answered it for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we're done now, Thanks Jack.
Speaker 3: You guys can come back now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll do it again later.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: I didn't take guys, and I was like less than twenty seconds.
Speaker 2: Now, dev if you get that part of the package as well. But if you want to talk to Hr about that, he's right here. Jack. Take it away like Jack picture record right, seven seven zero three, Jack, I appreciate they got a thrift for that, And so you know what you don't think living with ma or dad is a red flag. I think there are. I think that show's a smart financial choice. I'll give you an example. My son started dating a girl and they are in their mid to late twenties, and they both lived at home with their parents because they hadn't. He's still in school and she was as well, going to middle school, medical school. So I don't think that's really even a thing anymore. I think ten years ago or something, yeah, it may have considered that. I don't think. I don't think living with your parents at mid twenties now is one of those things that's a giant red flag anymore. Going to school living with mom and dad is completely different than not going to school and living with mom. Yeah, this guy was living with mommy just clubbing. Yes, all right, back in a second with Whiskey of the Week.
Speaker 10: Guys.
Speaker 20: I just heard the the collar that was given the campaign style ad and it reminded me way back in the day, there was some monster truck event and someone made a promo and it was dirty Jim.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the whole thing.
Speaker 20: But that was that was glorious anyway, just to blast from the past, take care of everyone, Thank you, Friday, have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 2: You do well.
Speaker 7: Real radio fans have a choice before then this November and Jack Bradshaw's got the goods. Jack Bradshaw has a full, luscious mane of hair. Jim Colbert has been struck in ahead with freshly chopped pool cues by confused failures enthusiasts again and again. Balls can't suffer from CTE, but Jim Colbert sure cam oh dear Jim Colbert is a bald and possibly brain damaged prop aghandas Jack Bradshaw's got the goods, he.
Speaker 2: Never says what the goods are. No, no, I can doesn't know what the goods are. That's just a little shaky for me. I have a feel transparent. I don't think it's policy. Ye yeah, I got the hair. We man. It's a populous world, so heavy your hair will warn Jack. Welcome back on, Jim. They're dead hell ah popular. Jack's here Yeah, and so is Ross as well. Let's do Whiskey of the Week.
Speaker 10: Forward Slash Distillery and Blending House present.
Speaker 2: Worster of the.
Speaker 10: On the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 2: Very nice, big thanks to our friends over at Ford Slash right there in winter park Man an unbelievable like tasting room slash, distillery slash, just cool chill spot. I mean, it is really an awesome new addition to the bar scene and business scene in winter Park. We love these guys, you will as well. We started Whiskey of the Week last week and what we do is we feature one of the whiskeys they have right there at Ford Slash and we give it a little try on the air, tell you what we think about it, and so you know about what we're tasting today. This is Vanguard Bourbon. This is their very first semi wheated bourbon blend. They released this in September of twenty twenty four. And wheted bourbons are bourbon whiskies that use wheat as the secondary grain instead of traditional rye. This gives you a sweeter and softer bourbon whiskey experience. It is one hundred proof, which means it is pretty darn strong. And this was popularized in the fifties and expanded to many beloved bourbon brands around the world today. Some of these names that we have here you would know their first name. Bases bourbons that have been around for years and have the best reputations in all of the world of whiskey. Let's give it a taste and see what you guys think. Oh, deb you wanta smell this twist mile I can from right here put a little ice in mind because the head did you drop an ice in?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I said that one hundred proof is just yeah, it's it's strong. I need to point out one thing about Forward Slash. You said Winter Park is lucky. Anywhere this side of the Mississippi is lucky. And the reason why it's a blending house. I don't think there's virtually any other blending houses in Florida that I'm aware of. Yeah, it's so much more than a distillery. You're talking about basically a lab for whiskey. Yeah, and they really they give us. This is a blend of six to eight year old bourbons with an emphasis on high contents of wheat and malted barley. They're only ten thousand, or excuse me, only one thousand and seventy bottles have been produced, so it's a really low stock. Once it's gone, it's gone. And this is part of their artisan series, And you're right. This is a blend of four different whiskeys from author us from ages twenty sixteen all the way up to twenty eighteen. And what that is like, Like I said, it's a lab. They're grabbing the best whiskies. They are blending it. And if you're like me, I think blended whiskey is the best whiskey. I think it has the biggest spectrum of flavors, the range that blended whiskey and what they're doing and blending houses all around the world is the most unique way to consume whiskey, if you were to ask me, we are very lucky that forward slash it's not just part of the program, but literally existing in Florida. The nose on this is so nice, I mean it really is nice. That's a warm, a little spicy there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So a lot of bourbon will have that vanilla and orange thing going, or like like a little bit of a toasted marshmallow thing. This does not have that at all to me. How about you, guys? You think the wheat kind of hampers that down? Is there anything? I would be really surprised if there wasn't any type of like wine barrel or some sort of like left and wine casks or something, because that's what I'm picking up on Yeah. I don't know, man, but I just know this. It doesn't have as much lasting uh uh power on the back of the palette like the one we had last week, but it is a little on the front of your tongue though. You get a lot of that sweet weeded flavor right up front, and then it gets into your sinuses and then it's gone, which means you have to drink more, which suck. It made my lips umb Oh that was my fault.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: And by the way, if you do have any questions next week, the guys from Forward Slash will.
Speaker 2: Be in studio for Whiskey of the Week. I have a ton of questions. Yeah, yeah, yeah, mean as well. One of the coolest things that happened to me when I was at Forward Slash during the bourbon bus, I asked the head mixer, the guy who is you know, the head of Forward Slash blender the blender, I go, what do you know about compass box and he goes, stop right there, I love you. Oh yeah, really compass box is well, coumbass boxes one of what got me into whiskey. Yeah, and then combass box is what inspired Forward Slash. The head. People at Forward Slash are in direct contact with Compass Box and John Glazner I believe his name, and he's looked at as like the mad scientist of whiskey on the planet, and Forward Slash is like right there with them. This is unreal that this is even a c I'm so happy that this is happening. This is Vanguard Bourbon again. They only made one thousand and seventy bottles, really low stock. Once it's gone, it's gone. If you'd like to get a bottle or try it, just visit our friends over at Forward Slash. I think on Instagram it's at Drink Forward Slash, and I think online this drink forward slash dot com. That's correct, and we will have another whiskey for you next week. But if you want to go to and try this one, it's Vanguard Bourbon. It is their semiweeded bourbon and it is ready for you to go grab. Thanks guys, appreciate that. Back in a second with more than Jim Cover showed a fresh keyword. Hey, guess hope it guests to do well. Oh. I like this idea of China footprints like a tattooed all over Jimmy, just make sure that you put the necklace on there, saying Lorrick Gerts. Thanks by lower Girds. Welcome back to the Jim Culver Show. Real Radio one oh four point one. Your five o'clock keyword is new New. Go to Real Radio dot FM and send that away for your chance in one thousand months.
Speaker 15: New.
Speaker 2: That is your new word. Go get that money. Guys it I'm Jim, deb Jack and Ross are here as well. Deb, you had a story in the news today that I did want to talk about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is the.
Speaker 2: This electric taxi that's gonna run from Kassimi to Tampa. That's the one you were talking.
Speaker 3: About earlier, right the Verda Port.
Speaker 2: Yeah, moving closer to launching electric air taxi service, with the Orlando to Tampa flights projected to take about thirty minutes. Oh lord, didn't think this is gonna work until I heard that. Yeah. Gateway Airport unveiled a fast charging station and new traffic air management technology for the electric craft. Leaders say the project could improve transportation while creating jobs and boosting the regional economy. It says, get around Central Florida in a different way in the future. To look man I have said two years ago, I'd be like, there's no way this is coming to fruition. There's too many working parts here. It's too unsafe. You never know, you know where anybody's gonna be at any given time. We can't keep airplanes safe a lot of times these days. Yeah, but they're doing it, and I have to tell you, I find it kind of interesting. Hell yeah, dude, imagine going down I four going to Tampa and you just see like a something that sounds like a voovuzela. Yeah, one hundred feet above you. That's gonna be weird. It doesn't even one thing it doesn't say. It doesn't talk about the cost of that's. It says, we'll go from Orlando to Tampa within thirty minutes. They did two eighty miles. Circuits came back and we were able to charge that aircraft within fifty minutes. So we're testing and it does not say anything about the cost of it. I can't imagine what like a round trip or I don't even know if you really look at it that way. Do you just buy a one I mean, do you buy a round trip ticket, get over there and just like have a time schedule when you get back. Like, let's say I've scheduled to leave at eight o'clock, so I drive the Cassimi. Yeah, it's almost silly. I mean, you drive to Cosime, it takes you forty five minutes to get a kasimi.
Speaker 4: Yeah halfway. Yeah, but now is this they do? Devin The News also had the oi A and in Orlando though, they're going to have.
Speaker 2: A verti port.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they hope to have one by twenty thirty, right, yeah, yeah, that's they hope to be the first airport in the country.
Speaker 3: Actually, that's wild.
Speaker 2: This one says it's going to be at the it's a signature aviation, explaining one of the benefits of the newly installed Beta Beta charge cube that allows them to charge the vehicles up pretty quickly and get them back out there to do service. Right, And I would think that they would have like a fleet of these that they can kind of just cycle around the differently than you would do for a drill battery, right, In other words, you have to drill the batteries all you change so you bring it back and instead of charging the cube, you just have a number of cubes already charged and you just bring it over and you slide it in like you would have drill, and then off you go. You don't have to wait an hour for the next flight to leak right exactly charging and within an hour that plane could be used again. And what you do is you just buy enough or you you create enough for these battery packs that you never have to worry about that because every time somebody returns from a trip, you're able to charge the thing right back up and get on the road or not on the road. But you know, I like how you said cube, Yeah, you thinking about the all spark from training that same year. That's exactly what I thought when I saw this. But that's what they call it, which I mean I could assume is just basically their battery pack.
Speaker 4: Just swap out a battery and throw a new one on. Yeah, yeah, then then you can just have them charge. You're just swapping just exactly like any construction site out there right now. They'll have one or two of the machines and then they'll have a bunch of batteries. That way they can keep the battery charge. And by the way, the batteries charge.
Speaker 2: Pretty quick, they said fifty minutes, so you wouldn't even really they could figure out the logistics of this, so they would never not have a charge battery. So if a customer wanted to come up and uh and take a flight and go to Tampa, they could do that.
Speaker 4: Would you want to fly in a device this what looks like a man made flying machine with a bunt, the little dewault things stuck in the side.
Speaker 5: No I do it.
Speaker 2: The second I would have been probleng with it. What Yeah, I did. Look, you gotta figure it's not gonna get that far off the ground, man, You're probably, you're probably It's only gonna probably be a couple of hundred feet off the ground. That's enough to do some damage, just enough to clip trees and telephone poles.
Speaker 3: One thing I don't the one thing I don't drawn from Walmart.
Speaker 2: The one thing I don't find it necessary. Here's the thing I don't understand. It can't be that big, Like theoretically you should be able to land in this room, right, you would think, I mean, it's not gonna be that big. The rotors is gonna be the biggest thing on it. I'm sure it's gonna be maybe, you know, two passengers, maybe the most. It doesn't even say that because four is a helicopter. Yeah, I mean four is a lot. I mean you're still you know, you're you know, average build people, you're still talking. But between like seven hundred and one thousand pounds right or maybe five seven hundred pounds for to lift and go probably seventy eighty ninety miles an hour for forty straight minutes. Just give me like a cool monorail from Tampa to Orlando. My question is this though, like will they have proprietary landing spaces in Tampa, like you know the very popular spots of there. Will the casino have one? Could you fly to the cruise ships? Could you go to Saint Pete Beach? Are there gonna be like landing pads? Or you go out there and they drop you off and then they go back and pick up more customers, and then when they come back to bring customers to that location, you hop on for the ride back. Is that how it's gonna go? So the Verdi port look it's like a helipad, right exactly. Yeah, It's more like a helipad than it is an airport because the way it could come in basically it looks like, you know a small plane with a bunch of little propellers. You could convert an old basketball court to a landing pan. Yeah, right, but that do you do you understand what saying Jack though? Like, Okay, let's say that they have the one leaving port over here in because that's the home, right, that's at the airport. Let's say it's an oi A. Right, it's an OIA. You go in there and you walk through all the stuff you gotta walk through, and then you get on the thing and it takes you to Tampa. Right, that's the goal is to go to Tampa. Is it just one place in Tampa and then you have to uber everywhere from there? Or do you have stops in Tampa? Because these people have installed these teleports, I would think the casino would have one. You'd maybe have one across the street at the at that big amphitheater. Oh I maybe all the way because the fairgrounds are there as well. Maybe one that goes all the way into into downtown. I could definitely see hard Rock having the correct change to have there. Oh yeah, absolutely, right on the top of their parking garage. But the problem is is it's almost never gonna bring anybody back. And the reason why is this, Like, nobody, why do you want to come back to the airport, Like, I mean, you would have the Uber into Orlando. So what I think is your huh, it depends on where you left your car. Well, I mean, if you're ever in Tampa and you're just like, let's say I'm in the hard Rock Live and I've made plants come over to see a show in Orlando, right, and I've play and I've said, well, I'm gonna leave from hard Rock Live. You could leave from any of the places that have the pads. I've chosen to leave from hard Rock Live. So I go to hard Rock Live, play a little play, a little cards or whatever, and then my flight's getting ready to go seven o'clock. They bring somebody that's coming to hard Rock Live, drop them, and then I hop in the one that's going back. Yeah, yeah, that I mean. It's just like a plane, right, that's just the same logistics of plane flights, just smaller Bond's eye planes. Jim, would you take it? Probably not? Why not, at least not for the first year, you don't think so, dude, I don't know, Man, I fours already scary enough bringing it into the air kind of scary. Hum exactly would you take it up?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no chance for you.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 8: It's just like when I release an iOS, I let other people update it and figure out what the bugs and the fixes are, and then when they fix that, then I download it. I just don't want to be in the air when someone says, damn, you don't have enough battery.
Speaker 2: Didn't think of that and bring it. The thing is, with these things, I don't know that that could ever happen. I would think you would probably have a malfunction before you would run out of power. I think that's the most regulatable thing they have on these on these on the vehicles, is.
Speaker 3: Seen that airplanes are knocking into each other on the ground.
Speaker 2: I know, but that has nothing to do with the power they have. That's just a communication. That's just a communication issue. Yeah. Yeah, I would do this, and I think it's kind of cool. I mean you could literally see this happening for services that don't have to leave the airport. Do you have to have a get well, you definitely have to have a license supply one of these. I mean you have to be licensed. Yeah, yeah, you know, whoever the company is that's not it, is it, Jack? That's one. Yeah, that's yeah. That looks like it's a concept. That's like one of those military planes that that you know that can fly straight and then and then land up and down. I just I gotta hold you a little to the fire here, Jim. I don't see you ever right in one of these, No I do it. The mummy freaks you out? Yeah, I know, because it goes around in circles. I don't have a problem with heights like that, but I know that sounds weird. I do have a problem with heights, but not in airplanes. It's so weird. I don't have that same intensity that I have when I'm just even watching a video of somebody climbing or you know, a rock face or a building or something. I can't watch it. So what I think it's because it's very similar to what this helicopter experience or vertepod would bring. It's a proven safety thing too. But the other thing you don't know about me is I can ride. I can ride roller coasters that don't go in circles. If they just go up and down like the old ones, no problem whatsoever. The drop. The drop rides like Uh, what's the Jurassic Park rides that? What that is is got the long dive at the bottom of the raptor. Yeah, I had no problem with that whatsoever. That does not drop, That does not bother me. It's a big ass drop. But I ride thunder Mountain railroad. Dude, you understand the validity of that. I will ride thunder Mountain railroads. There's how many people, do you know why? They're usually dwarves under the age of five. You were right though, they talk about I'm playing a video on our feed right now. It says what is a vertiport?
Speaker 4: And it said they could be installed on top of buildings and at various places of mass transit.
Speaker 2: The one channel to over here for the chopper they have right off I four. Yeah, you can hop around, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basically it just looks like, you know, helicopter pads.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I mean, if you think about this, every major city could have this. I mean that has traffic issues. Hell in Atlanta, Atlanta's notoriously bad traffic. You can have one of those that could skip you out of the city in somewhere else that you wanted to go. And throwing this out here not to throw a really bad idea out into the universe. But this is probably going to be mainly used by wealthy people. Yeah, I'm guessing. I'm guessing the rides aren't going to be cheap, and wealthy people tend to not like letting a bunch of people out in the general public know that they're wealthy people. Yeah. So you're saying, just booking a ride.
Speaker 3: Just booking a ride, if it's like a super you know, it's exclusive. Things supposed to be three hundred to five hundred dollars. Apparently the cost for a flight.
Speaker 2: Really that's expensive. That's reasonable. No, it's not. I mean, considered to go to Tampa, what does it cost you to drive besides twenty bucks? I think three to five hundred dollars is reasonable. If that's if you have enough money. Three hundred would be weird to have that much money and you're flying above a bunch of people who don't. Three hundred to Tampa is not cool. Three hundred to clear Water is fine, Guys, I'm telling you that is a different machine there. That'd be like saying, well, I want to leave from Maitland and go to downtown Orlando, or I want to leave from Maitland and go down to the parks, because we all know that once you get past like Conroy Road there, that it's a totally different machine. And being able to like just kind of hover above that wouldn't be the worst thing. Ever. I just don't see you taking this. I would said they should have built a monorail system right in the middle of the highways. That's what I thought they would do. That's what I just said. I'm like, that would be really cool. That's what I thought they were gonna do when they build that. When they did this super or the I for Ultimate Project, I thought they had mentioned that, like running like a straight up just from Monae that goes back and forth us and stops like a train just right down the right down the middle of the lane there. And boy, isn't Tampa and Orlando the yin and yang of Florida? It really is?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Are they our rivalry? Is Tampa our are they? I'm asking the question. I don't think it's a rivalry. I've always looked at us as like the straight a student and then they're smoking cigarettes underneath the bleachers. Okay, so I say Jacksonville filling that more that role more. I do not believe that. I think it's Tampa, do you. I feel like we're brothers and sisters, but one of us has bain and I'll give you wine. I'll tell you why it's Tampa. You're ready. Tampa the only other city in Florida that has this. So I think that we look at that as a bit of a competition. You know, we have more of that, but they also have the Beach in that they have a theme part. What they have a theme park, yeahs Busch Gardens, and no other city in Florida has a theme park. So I think that that natural competition between US and Tampa. And we've seen this with concert series and stuff like that for years, with US battling Tampa as a as kind of our rivalry. But they soccer. It's all rival, is it not. I mean kind of Okay, they're not in the same league anymore. But the rowdies, they're so bad it's hard to consider them arrive. Okay, I gotcha, all right, Yeah, I know it's a rival.
Speaker 4: Now by population alone, they add us out, which is why they get more shows.
Speaker 2: Right, and they have the Beach and we concerts, but we have Disney Universal Halloween, harn Knights, Sea World, we have that and they don't. They have Busch Gardens and that's it. It's also like an artsy vibe in Orlando that I don't think Tampa has. Not only they don't have, but I don't think they want any part of one thousand percent. They do have a part of Tampa, but it's actually not even Tampa. Part of Saint Pete Clearwater has a very kind of bohemian artsy vibe to it, but again, that is not Tampa. Tampa has just like steaks, cigars vibes to me and the Bucks and yeah, yeah, how do you guys know? How do you know they don't have that? I mean you worked there sometimes. Yeah, I've been to Tampa enough for me to be like this is like I said, the yang to Orlandos and yeah, it's one of my least favorite cities in uh in Florida is Tampa. Oh you guys have been to Jacksonville? Yeah, I've been to Jacksonville.
Speaker 12: What about?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 2: What about West Palm? West Palm is not my favorite place either. Yeah that's a dump. Yeah yeah, but Jacksonville is nice because that Jacksonville also has Fernandina Beach that have Anastasia Island up there. So they have some areas near Jacksonville that are great, and Jacksonville just expansive because dall, it's like the whole county. Yeah, yeah, but I gotta tell you it's weird though. If I was gonna live anywhere else in the state of Florida would be over in that Tampa area, be on the west coast. It would be like Saint Pete Clearwater. I would not live like not having down the east East Coast. I wouldn't want to live over there. The love hate relationship, Yeah, Pittsacola sucks. Tallahassee's ton of I mean it's cool, but it's not there's nothing going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've always looked at Orlando and Tampa's like brother and sister or two brothers or two sisters. I look at them as siblings, like step brothers. Yeah yeah. And then our dad is Florida and his name Steve. I'd like both like because Tampions love coming to Orlando for the weekend and orlandoins love going to Tampa for the weekend. But both of us don't want to be there seven days a week, and you don't want to give the other one credit for being a good time. No, we don't, and you're one hundred percent right, dude, if you staycation out of Orlando, more than likely you're going to Tampa. All right, begging a second here here, So we actually we're gonna build a mono rail for the airport to Disney. But the reason why I got shot down.
Speaker 17: Orange County asked Disney, how would you rescue people from the mona rail if it goes down?
Speaker 2: And the response they couldn't get any other answer was a shutdown I four or shut down the highway to get people off. You can't shut down and make your interstate or something like that. So the project was scrapped.
Speaker 13: Due to that.
Speaker 2: Anyone can't build it because of something like that. Have a good day, smartest audience in radio.
Speaker 13: I feel like I would be a little bit leary of the electric jets and mobile even though the Jetson's Wow. They had stuff floating around everywhere different levels too. And did they ever to make a movie off the Jetsons?
Speaker 15: They need to if they haven't.
Speaker 13: Another part that I'm thinking about is, you know, maybe you guys should be called Jim Colbert And yeah, yes, because now I say yeah, yeah, behind everything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, probably you're five o'clock. You were just new New go to a real radio OUTFIM and sending that away for your chance at one thousand bucks. New is the word, guy, Go get that money. I would love to get a winner before you got here today. It'd be nice to get something on the books before we leave this week, that would I'm Jim, there's deb hello. Jack Jack says yeah, yeah, behind everything too. I do as well. Man, it's a terrible habit.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I did this, and I didn't pick it up from Jack jacksonan doing this for years. He did it on the on the file. I knew a buddy back in the day that owned an auto shop, and his whole thing was that as well, if you were saying something, he knew what you're gonna say before you got done saying it, he'd go yea, yeah, yeahah almost just kind of let you know. You didn't have to finish the sentence because he got it.
Speaker 4: I know there's a couple of bit I know Tom Van does it as well, but I didn't realize I did it till someone was doing an impression of me and that's what they were doing.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, huh yeah, yeah, yeah, a bitch, Yes, they do do that. That's it's kind of weird. You have those idiots. You know what I do a lot. People just call me out all the time about it. I say the word theoretically a lot, uh huh yeah, and I take my glasses on and off a whole lot.
Speaker 7: You do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's one that has always jumped out and it's not wrong. I've actually quite grown to love it. I like how you say TV TV. Yeah, yeah, you like I say that just the two letters TV. Yeah. Yeah, but not there. It has to be natural, you say TV in a very natural TV. Yeah, that's right on the TV. What are you gonna watch? It's hard to read create watch it? Watch what uh?
Speaker 6: Ted?
Speaker 2: Last? I want to watch? On TV? TV? There was a little something there is that. There's a little bit TV And I like that. Really, do you have one of those? I do like a language quirk, Yeah, I say, I'm a big fan of we Ride. Oh yeah, yeah. I like the word rie. You used to say, used to say they had and flow. No, No it wasn't. When you almost hit it almost did a T shirt the gap. Yeah, shoot the gap, dude, shoot the gap. Shoot the gap in a why I'm a fan of shooting gaps. Oh boy, like the candle. Yeah, he was your wife happy to see Was your wife happy to see you after your trip? Yes? In fact, it's a massive part of ross thoughts. While you kind of touched on something that we'll be talking about later, is that that absence makes the heart grow fonder scenario to a way I never thought it was imagined, but I gotta tell you that hit me. My wife travels for her work, and she does it in spaces like she will. She will travel two or three weeks out of a month and then not travel for four or five months. She has another travel month coming up next month and the end of this month. And it's one particular time around Father's Day. She was gone for I think nine straight days, so she was gone like and she left on a Monday, so it was a Monday all the way through or excuse me, a Friday through two full weekends, and it sucked. When she got back, I was super super happy. Yeah, I forgot all the stuff you do for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, what's the same. Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Yeah, that is a true statement. Dep do you have a little do you have an audio synchronicity thing that.
Speaker 3: You do real difficult time saying.
Speaker 5: Calm?
Speaker 2: I used to have that same thing, Arnold Palmer.
Speaker 3: And then depending on what words are before or after, we'll really.
Speaker 5: Do you have?
Speaker 4: What's a football team from Jacksonville? That would be the Jaguars? What do you watch that football team on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: No, you didn't do it there and there was no Sunday dressing.
Speaker 5: On the.
Speaker 2: TV. I don't even know. I don't.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like how I say bag is as hard as I try, and I do it all the time.
Speaker 8: My mom and my husband laugh at me. I'm like, just get the ball. God I do because I say bag the same way.
Speaker 3: Panties.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: That one.
Speaker 3: Panties. What did I say it wrong?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: What was I?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I forgot It's Friday.
Speaker 2: I got one for It's fifteen minutes away from you, panties. There's one thing I can't stand about Jack. Are we doing that?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 18: So far?
Speaker 2: We hate Jack.
Speaker 5: We hate Jack.
Speaker 2: This took a turn. This is the topic. Right, well, we don't like about Jack. Right on my shirt it says five twenty Jack, alright, all right, you ready for this. There's Princess Peach. Uh, there's Luigi, there's Bowser, and there's him Mariod, it's Mario. It's not Mario who hits it with the mayor.
Speaker 5: Dude.
Speaker 2: It's right. I don't like that about you. Every time I swear I told him this like day tune and I watched this for the rest of our friendship. You're never gonna change it. And I'm gonna double down the word.
Speaker 17: You know.
Speaker 2: The funny thing is is when you have one of those words you can't get through, you also try to say it more than ever.
Speaker 6: Right, you guys know Mario, Mark Mario, Mario, Mario just put it in the bag. Yeah, Mario, Mario. Like to Mario, I got mine as uh.
Speaker 2: And I'll have to think about it to say it proprietary o, not that that is that is a really tough word for me to say.
Speaker 4: I can't say. I can't say archipelago. Yeah, I always lean on archipelago and I know that and it's not archipelago and it's archipelago.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just found out like a year ago it's not minnianapolis. What like, it's a big one. Yeah, No, it's not a mini one. It's Minneapolis, not Minnianapolis. I keep putting a Minnianapolis like I'm putting an an in there. God, and they're so embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Someone's asking Jimmy to say tirefire TV Jaguar, tire Fire TV Jaguar.
Speaker 2: It's not Jaguar. It's actually pronounced Jaguar. It is pronounced that way. That's it's one of them. Okay, say February February. February February.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we did have with.
Speaker 2: Fbru area. Have another. It's not Febru Area, it's February one. That trips me up.
Speaker 4: And I hear it in an AD and I'm like, oh, that's how you say it. It's preventive. You say that right, not preventative, right.
Speaker 2: But I gotta tell you, I used to get called out for that all the time, and it's the same thing. You can actually use. You can't say, look it up. You can use both of those words mean the same thing, basically, because I say preventive care because I did it with the life imaging ADS and peop were like, no, it's preventative, and I'm like, no, it could be either. I thought I was wrong. When I heard that, I'm like, oh, I guess I miss that one too.
Speaker 8: I had somebody snap at me one time when I was like looking for a new place to live. It was this is a long, long time ago, and we're looking, you know, at rentals and three four and he goes, oh, by the way, I listen every day and it's any way, there is no s oh.
Speaker 4: And I was like, well, my daughter was doing that for a while here, and my wife's like, stop correcting her on that, and today today shall say anyways. And I think they finally added the damn word to the did they really anyways?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well people from where you're from, Bradshaw kill me with that whole use thing use yeah, what she's doing, Oh okay, what she's doing over there? The worst mispronunciation I've ever had on any word. I was in this like, this is one of the biggest entertainment opportunities that I had ever had up to this point. I was doing a read through for a play. Yeah, and my character had the word on delay, right, But I don't know, I've never seen that word on paper ever before. So I hit it with like adelaide, how I how I said it, but it was, and everyone just laughed at me. Another one too, is well, obviously we've gone through the teriso charitho. But the other one is this, you gotta say it like that in June.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: Another one is this your mom has sisters? Right, Yeah, what do you call them my aunts? That's correct? It is not correct. It is it is not it's your aunt. It is not your aunt, because how do you spell the word haunt. Yeah, but there's a whole bunch of But.
Speaker 3: If you can say jaguar, then he can say an It's only if you're trying to sound like an up.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to pronounce it properly. You just want to be British.
Speaker 8: They pronounce ammoun every single yeah, schedule.
Speaker 2: That's the craziest one of all. From that when English when they say aluminum, Oh my god, I'm like, it's aluminum.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 2: It's actually easier the way we do it, and it's still correct. You should drop on board. My favorite one from England to hear is controversy. It's funny, that's controversial. Don't say it like that. Yeah, it's your aunt, it is not your aunt. Don't say that. That's incorrect, and it makes you sound like an aunt. No, she's my aunt.
Speaker 3: No, No, you're you're okay. Most everyone says aunt.
Speaker 2: I can't say aunt anne. No, no, hold on, now, hold on. In African American families, they say Auntie, right, aunt Like they say aunt Auntie. That's an aunt. White family's dropping auntie as well. They probably say aunt They probably say Auntie as well, don't they. Yeah, hello Auntie. No, it's Auntie. Yeah. Yeah, I'm just quoting Black Panther, the movie Mountain, the movement that is where we get over African American culture from. It's from the movie Black Panther. Wow, nobody's more diverse than this show. You're not slipping any tubman info through on us. I don't think many opportunities to share my I don't get many chances to share my wife's like most embarrassing low light. Uh, but I will. Why would you do that? Because it's the funniest She has no recourse. It's the best thing I've ever she has recourse. Artist, I've ever laughed at my wife, and she still laughs at it, which is why I think I could share it. And enough time as past I've shared it on this program before. But at the end of endgame, when Captain America gives his shields to Falcon, Oh spoiler, dude. I know, I know, I know, it's been years, but when Captain America gives a shield to Falcon, my wife looks at me and does the Wakanda tribe chan. I go, no, no, no, no, no, no, different black guy. There's two black guys. You got them confused with. That's Falcon. He's not part of the Wakanda family. And we're like, we're in a sold out theater, so you're saying that theater. She starts doing the dude, that's pretty funny. All these nerds go, oh, no, way, not the hot chick. What is she doing? I would have lug her so much, but now it's a nerd. I can't even like hers so hot. Like, there's two black dues throughout the entire franchise. You just went from a ten to a four. Honey, still makes me laugh. And it was like and she was like getting choked up. It was like an emotional moment from her thinking that black Panthers getting Captain America shield. And this was also during that time, which was a very tumultuous time. I would say, good word right, tumultuous, Yes, you got it right. Yeah, he just he just had a stroke on that last syllable. They got through, but the yeah, and that was god man. Yeah, that's one of my favorite memories of being married in a long term relationship. Right four oh seven nine one six one o four one Again, you can always text us seven seven zero three one new is your five o'clock key word that's in e W. Go to real radio dot of him and send that away for your chins.
Speaker 4: At one thousand dollars big thanks to Elixir Bar and grill feed us all week.
Speaker 2: Of course, you can always watch the soccer.
Speaker 4: Anytime soccer's on, you're gonna find it at Elixir because they are Orlando's downtown soccer destination. So the Bronze match on Saturday night and the World Cup Finals on Sunday, yes, you can watch them at a Elixer. But don't forget about Mondays because Monday's lunch Elixa is now the place for you. Half price cheeseburgers, half price chicken wings every Monday best lunch Downtown. Elixir is on the corner of Washington Street and Orange av You find them online at elixa Orlando dot com. But great cheeseburgers and great wings now you're getting them half price for lunch on Mondays. So remember that when you're looking for lunch downtown, it's Elixir, all right, look them up, guys. It's time for pick the porn. We'll do that next.
Speaker 2: What Jim Forward crew man?
Speaker 11: I wish I had Forward slash closer to me because I'd probably be there too much, honestly.
Speaker 3: But that place is fantastic. And to go along with the.
Speaker 15: Weeded bourbon theme today, I'm gonna sip on some weeded bourbon myself.
Speaker 5: A little.
Speaker 2: Weller twelve years nice. Actually, you know what, look at some green river at the house and I want to get home to night. Cheers, folks, cheers, cheers. Big dog have some vanguards.
Speaker 20: The hardest word for you to pronounce is rural.
Speaker 14: Rural.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rural is a tough one.
Speaker 3: It almost sounded like a pick the porn title.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thirty thirty rock died a bit once where it was the name was It was about a jury that takes place out.
Speaker 2: There, so it was the rural juror. Oh, all right, really conforms your mouth, it does New is the five o'clock keyword in e W. Go to Real Radio dot FM and send that away for your chance of one thousand bucks. I'm Jim. There's deb Hello. Jack's here as well. Yeah, Ross, there's no rules. Jack has a Jackie sec what's in there?
Speaker 4: There's some rules, and the rules are we got to give away a prize. We have a couple for you to choose in mir Oh on the board, click clean clack a pair of tickets to the Strokes and Patchmark International arenas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all having them today.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 2: The Strokes are playing in Tampa. Take that Tampa. That's rural September twelve.
Speaker 4: Or you might choose something here in Orlando, specifically at the Orlando Science Center. Tickets to Stellar Knights. There's a show going on tonight, another one tomorrow. It goes on through August first. Stellar Knights brings your favorite artist to life with incredible laser effects inside the all New Dome through August first. See the lineup and grab tickets at OSC dot org. Those are the prizes in the Jackie Sack today. So back to you a collect there you never.
Speaker 2: So sure? Sure, suy one, two, three, four or five.
Speaker 3: Let's let's make this a group thing. Let's go to five.
Speaker 2: Five sounds good, Clay. How you doing right, man? How y'all doing good? Buddy? Won't play a little game with us? Yeah, let's play pick the porn.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 10: You can put a lifetime of research to work and maybe win a prize. It's time to pick the porn on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, Clay, it is Friday, of course, that means it's time for another round to pick the porn. Here are three actual adult film titles and one lie that always pays with singles. Don't touch that one, yeah, oh, do not touch that one. All right, buddy, you know the deal. Here these are four adult film titles. One of these is not real, and if you can find it, I'll sendor to see Jack and you can pick out something nice for yourself. Are you ready? I'm ready. Here we go, buddy. Number one, squatter, oh, number two, cram Sessions, Number three, English Muffins or lastly, tain't misbehaving. I'm gonna have to go with English Muffins. No, that's absolutely and actual adult film. I thought that was the fake as well.
Speaker 3: I thought you were just giving hint as to what you had for breakfast?
Speaker 2: No, no, no English muffins. Muffins is a yeah, yeah, it's hyphenated. Actually it's Fanny there. But yeah, alright, one, two, three or four sounds good? That is Bill?
Speaker 6: Bill?
Speaker 2: How you doing? I'm doing great? Jim? All right, buddy, find the fake adult film title here and you win. Number one squatter, number two cram sessions or lastly, tain't misbehavin.
Speaker 17: We're go go with number two.
Speaker 2: No cram sessions is an actual adult film title, and it is crazy. What are you laughing at? Ah? Damn, I thought I had it. Oh yeah, God, I gotta pay more attention. All right, deba one, two or four let's go four course sounds good? That's Blake, Blake. How you doing good?
Speaker 10: How you guys doing doing good?
Speaker 2: Buddy? You got a fifty to fifty shot here? Which one of these is not an actual adult film title? Number one squatter or lastly, taint misbehaving. I'm going with tat. That's the one.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put your hole. Enjoy yourself, Blake, get something nice. Jack will take good care of you. Yes, Taint misbehaving was made up thirty five seconds ago. Oh wow, literally during that last break is that way you said?
Speaker 8: Hold wait, yeah, yeah, quit talking to me about Jeff Forward slashes Vanguard Bourbon today.
Speaker 2: I gotta figure this squatter is real.
Speaker 3: Lord, I don't even want you to describe the title.
Speaker 2: Here's a couple that did not make the cut. It's actually Jim's nightmare. It's a it's just a real squad. Actually, the funny thing is that's what it's built around, is that the the premise is squatting, not squatting. Oh, she's got to get this guy over her house somehow, if you feel me? All right, I mean that's a solid premise because foreign premises go, that's that's as good as the cable guy. That's a solid premise. So yeah, a couple that did not make the cut Plumpers at Play Mine Shaft. I'm sorry, can we go back to one again? Plumpers that plays at play? But can I tell you there is a plumpers that play as well? All right?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 2: Mine Shaft and did you not go with Mine Shaft? And hodown All did not make the cut this week? Ross what's coming up for thoughts? My friend? So, I definitely just had the greatest trip of my entire life. But what I was not expecting was to kind of have the greatest moment of my life and birth of your child. This honestly, do not doing to I'm going to you should not do it. Don't listen to not listen to Jack, you don't listen to them. I will always have your best interest at heart. This guy wants to ruin you and watch it burns. Do you remember the teas that I told you, Jim, watch this, watch this. I said, Jim, I think you like me, but after today's rostots, you're going to love me. Because I am happy and proud to say that my trip, I didn't see it happening. This one part of the trip that was part of the package was the best moment of my life that includes my marriage, that includes the birth of my child. And I will tell you what that moment exactly was. After the break, I promise you, Jim, you're gonna love me. I know I've lost you right now.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's almost tipping over sideways.
Speaker 2: I think this is uh it was. There was a moment on my trip that was the best moment of my I think of my life.
Speaker 3: Now does your wife know this?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I think, I think. I don't know. What do you mean you don't know? I don't know if she knows that this one moment on my trip was the best moment I am. Why is to pick the porn music?
Speaker 6: Still?
Speaker 2: I know we're letting you prepare her for yourself the way it's gonna be for a while. All right, Uh, we got another keyword for you at the top of the hour. We'll do ross thoughts right after this. Hey, lose.
Speaker 10: You're listening to the Jim Colbert Show, and watch.
Speaker 5: Jim says, hold on, hold on, hold on? What am I holding on to? Jaguar?
Speaker 10: Babe, Jaguar?
Speaker 6: It's Jaguar and you know it.
Speaker 2: Larry, you're smart enough.
Speaker 7: Time.
Speaker 2: Your six o'clock y word is dollar.
Speaker 5: D O l l a R.
Speaker 2: Go to real radio dot FM and send it away for your chance at one thousand bucks dollar. Guys, that's the word d O l l a R. Again, Real radio dot M send it away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Right, get it, let's get it. That's our last opportunity for today. Of course, Tom and Dan will have an opportunity or two coming up as well. Seven eight and.
Speaker 3: Nine sleep on those later ones.
Speaker 2: That's for sure. Welcome back. I'm Jim. There's Deb Hello Jack Yo, and Ross as well. It's true. Speaking of Ross, that's me. He has some thoughts. Let's get it. Let's get it.
Speaker 10: Indeed, it's weird, it's funny.
Speaker 2: Here we go, candle, we got a good Ross.
Speaker 10: Sauce.
Speaker 2: It's Ross Thoughts. Today's Ross Thoughts is brought to you by Just Callmo Just Calmo dot com. Injured on the go, Just Callmo. I'm doing the Mo comedy jam side splitters nice and I believe it's August eighth. I will be down there doing some comedy four Mode do it and if you've never been to a Mode duit event. Yeah, yeah, they're good.
Speaker 7: Do it.
Speaker 2: He does a good job. Man, he knows how to throw him down, He really does. He knows how to do a good job at that.
Speaker 15: Huh.
Speaker 2: He's he's really got that market anything down. He and John do a good job over there. Slip and fall, car accident, injured on the go, Just Callmo. So, Jim, I feel like I kind of lost you. I told you that this was the greatest kind of moment in my life. But I need to also give you some context. Yeah, please do all right, So if you are just joining me, if you don't know what this is all about, my name is Ross. I am obsessed with the sport that we call soccer in this country. I've been following it for twenty years. I went to the semi final of England versus Argentina and it was phenomenal. It was phenomenal, truly an out of body experience. You got to see the greatest soccer player ever to live to play his last World Cup or one of his last World Cup matches. This will be Messi's last World Cup. And I thought going into it that I may have gotten tickets to Messi's last World Cup game, but alas, that's okay, though I was wrong. I got and I got to see soccer magic right there in front of me and see what pure soccer energy exists. But that wasn't actually the highlight of the entire trip. It wasn't the highlight of the entire trip. Wasn't even spending twelve hours with my two other best friends. I had one other friend fly and meet me in Atlanta, and spending twelve hours with two other best friends driving up to Atlanta and laughing and reminiscing, and boy, if you're going through something a car ride, a car ride can do some wonders. It's the greatest and you have therapeutic at the nth level. There's this point during a car ride, especially with other people, say, if all of us on a car ride and it's seven, if we drove up to Atlanta, four of us, imagine I can't a long time out who's driving me? We we can split, we can split it. So so deb you would take the driving responsibility the whole time. No, no, no, see, well not a chance. I have a feeling this actually wouldn't really help us. No, before I would have thought like no, I'd think that would be a huge team building, chemistry growing activity. How far does that trip have to be for that to happen. It's not a miles thing, Jim. It's a moment thing. As soon as the conversation runs out of gas for the first time, that's that's a youth thing. Because everyone's been in a car, right and you're laughing and you're having fun, and then all of a sudden, that first swath of silence shows up in the car. That happens around Lake City that's that moment right there. Every minute after that silent moment in the car is beneficial for your mental health. Okay, good, I get this is fine, But that's that's not the favorite part. That's not my favorite part. It wasn't staying in a penthouse in Atlanta either, although I thought going into it that might have been my favorite part. So looking over the skyline of Atlanta. And before I tell you the best thing that's happened in my life, I need to kind of open up and express something that I need to come to grips with is that I am almost two years now into fatherhood, yes, and parenting, and safe to say, it has been the hardest thing I've ever done. And I didn't even give birth. I didn't. I've got the long straw out of us too. When it comes to becoming parents, I do not have the hardest job. With that said, there have been times with fatherhood and being a parent that I have struggled with and I don't want to admit it, but greatly there are some parts of fatherhood that I have struggled with. And I've been told from other parents throughout this When she was pregnant that like it might take a little bit longer. People think about the magic moment as soon as you see your son, or as Sue, as soon as you see your daughter. And I was told a little disclaimer, guys, takes a little bit longer to fall in love with you, just fall in love with your child. Yes, I was a year in I thought for sure that I'm like, this is it, dude, this is the most love I have ever received. When it wasn't spending time with my friends, it wasn't going to a semi final of the World Cup. That's got me choked up being emotional right now. The best thing that's ever happened to me was leaving my son and wife and coming back to them. And I mean that a tenfold. It took me longer than I'd like to admit, but I was about an hour, Like I could cry talking about it right now. I was an hour into my car trip to Atlanta, and when all of a sudden, just different thoughts started setting in and I started realizing of like, how much I am not looking forward the next morning without my eyes screaming dad, dad, yeah, yeah, yeah, And it was it was. There's been a lot of lows these last you know, ever since he's been born, and knowing of not knowing what to do or not knowing what to feel. Am I doing a good enough job? Will I be a good enough dad? And it was insane to me that the semi final has solidified that I'm not a bad dad. In fact, I'm a pretty damn good one. I would agree with that, coming home and getting closer and closer and closer to a place that if I'm being honest with you, I have been very critical of my home, wanting more, maybe a different color or a different door. And you get so obsessed with trying to make your surroundings so much better, And you gotta be wary of that, because if you get so obsessed with making your surroundings better, you end up making your surroundings worse. You start focusing on the surroundings and not what it's surrounding. Yes, And I think that was the biggest speed bumping hurdle that I have taken to the face ever since becoming a dad. I want my home to be clean because I want him to be raised in a clean home. I want this to be a specific way because I want him to experience the best version of it. But if you focus on trying to fix that one thing and not the thing that you're trying to fix it for, you can kind of get lost in a little bit of a whirlwind. And I can honestly say that this trip, leaving my home, leaving my son for the first time since he's been born, leaving my wife, just being by myself for the first time since he's been born, felt amazing.
Speaker 7: It.
Speaker 2: It reminded me and it kind of gave me, for the first time of my life, a receipt of how much I love my son. Yeah, and I don't think I would have taken that opportunity or had that chance if it wasn't for what's the same abstinence makes the grow, the heart grow fonder, heart grow fonder. I I was thirty minutes on my car ride back home thinking how big is this Dada going to be? I didn't think about an athlete. I didn't think about the semifinal. I didn't think about anything other than what is the volume of this dad.
Speaker 3: It is?
Speaker 2: It was the biggest surprise plot twist of my trip to this semifinal was uh realizing that at home is a vacation as well as long as long as you can see it maybe from a different perspective. Sometimes you got to go to Atlanta to see how special your home in Orlando is, and I I could not. I wept when I first came home and I held him. I don't want to be away from him like that very much longer ever in my life. How about your wife, did you feel the same way about her? I absolutely, yes, thousand percent. Yeah. When my wife goes away for a while, when she comes back in the first thing I make her do is hug me like we hugged for an extended period of time. I just wanted a feeler, you know. The first thing I came home to actually wasn't a dad that It was monster noises in my bedroom of my wife playing with my son. Oh yeah, that's great, and him laughing. And I just stood there as the dogs greeted me at the front door, and I just sat there in the doorway just listening to what, uh, listening to a life that before this trip I found myself being critical of yeah, and.
Speaker 3: Uh, focusing on the tough parts of fatherhood.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Of maybe maybe the volume being too loud or but too much mess. There was there was something about that trip in that doorway that I menw. I was like, oh, I know what I'm talking about on radio tomorrow, because it absolutely punched me through my chest of hearing those noises that I have grown already quickly embarrassingly at times indifferent from either slept deprivation. If you hear and my son laugh and you can get used to it quickly, but having two days away from them reminded me to grow obsessed with that noise in that doorway. I will never forget this trip, not because of where I went, but because of who I came back to and what I came back to. You have to leave the things that you have every now and then, I think, to reappreciate the things that you have. And I'm surprised that it was an England Argentina semifinal that reminded me that I really have a World Cup final at home, and I can't I can't wait to get the next chance to never grow sick or tired of being a dad, because there are some there are some rough moments, yeah, but I have a feeling that coming home off of this trip has grown my patience with fatherhood exponentially. And if there's any parent out there, that's it's just thinking that this is hard, this is impossible, this is if I have to end this ross thoughts, the best way that I can is that it's not These feelings aren't obtainable without my wife letting me and understanding that I A trip was very beneficial for me. Yeah, So thank you to my wife for saying you can go.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was like when she said, I think you need this trip more than you even know. And that doorway and hearing my wife make monster noises and my son laughing as hard as he did before I got to hear the high volume dad. It was the best part of my trip and probably, and no confidently say the best moment in my life because that I got to finally really absorb yeah, and finally fall in love with my life. I think all over again. But I can't help but imagine that your experience with your own father has some implications on how you're feeling about your role as a dad. Ah yeah, well you know, even subconsciously. I bet it probably does. It's not just him and my experience with my own dad, but I'm fully aware of who and what I am to the rest of the world. I preach self awareness. I love self awareness. I think self awareness can go a very long way. Where I'm going with this is that I know what I look like, and I know that if I mess up as a dad, it's to be almost expected to not you guys, but to other people, because I know what I look like. I'm an inflatable guy in a car dealerships trying to sell you a car with one waving arm. I didn't even know they did that out of those things, but they do. Yeah, uh and uh, you got people out there busting up. Dude. Sometimes I get a little paranoid and anxiety filled about if am I doing a good enough job, And for the first time in that doorway, it hit me that I am. And I did not expect that at all. Yeah. Yeah, And I hope that anybody is out there, and if you are up against the wall when it comes to parenting, I really hope that you can go ahead and leave and come back and realize what you all have. And those are your ross thoughts. The best moment of my life. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm out peace, all right. Four O seven nine six four one text us seven seven zero three one your six o'clock. Heyword his dollar, that's d L l A ARM good a real radio out of him and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Back in a second with more of the gym cord show.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 15: I don't think you understand just how all aspiring you are off Whipford West Mom.
Speaker 2: Dude, to think that you know you're just you guys are young, trying to figure it all out, and then you come out with this. This is the moment that made me the happiest.
Speaker 5: Ross.
Speaker 2: You've got it figured out, buddy, You're doing it all right.
Speaker 13: Keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 2: Man, We loved it. Thanks Cliff, dude. I don't believe that you're six o'clock he or does dollar d O L L A R. Go to real radio out of him and send that off for your chance at a thousand bucks. Well you mile the nuggets, dude. That's a lot of nuggets of the kleenex. All the kleenex you need after that, Rostus, Jim, there's dead he and uh Ross was it trying to make anyone? I didn't want to cry there? Damn what you did, it's necessary. Sometimes it was a ceiling. I remember telling me. He was one of the first people that gave me a heads up. Nobody listens to him. Dude, how many times do I have to tell you he's one of the worst people in the building. Nobody listens to him, Nobody talks to him. And it's for a reason what he say to you. I'm interested anyway, But he gave me the heads up of you know, some people are gonna tell you that the big magical moment is as soon, you know, as soon as birth happens. Yeah, but I think I don't want to put words in his mouth, but it was something along the lines of that. It wasn't that was a special moment, but it didn't hit for me in this special magical way until way later, right because there's no cognitive connection at that point. The baby, the child really doesn't understand anything. You love it, but it's a one way road. And I would agree with you in some sense that the minute to your child and my grandchild's going through this right now, starting to kind of understand what's happening and recognize faces and stuff and light up when they see your face or whatever. He loves playing with my with my ot and stuff. And I was actually during the break, I was texting my wife to asked if she had seen him today, and she said, yeah, I got to hang out a few hours. I'm like, jealous, but you are one thousand percent right, and there's nothing wrong with you thinking that that you didn't have that connection until then. A lot of mothers don't have that connection for even longer, dude. I mean, like the postpartum thing is real. Like moms have a hard time sometimes because the overwhelming nature of what just happened, not own to their body, but their life can become like really heavy, you know. I mean, it's it's kind of embarrassing to say, but I already said it. I mean, people have been a part of this program. They know how old my son is. He'll be two in September. It's July. This happened yesterday. It took me, what is that twenty two months? Took me almost twenty two months for me to all of a sudden get just this that magical. I mean, niagara falls, love, amount different feeling. As soon as that I heard him laugh and monsterises in the doorway, I says, how there you unlock one of the most emotional moments of my life. On a Friday afternoon, give me the reddest, puffiest eyes. A lot of dudes, a lot of dudes checking in about how emotional they got listening to that. I mean a gentleman who just called a second ago left that talk back, which is very sweet, you know, I mean a lot.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: I think the number one thing is this dog is you're a grown ass man. You're an accomplished young man, and you're not afraid to express how you feel about these life moments that are really really kind of very very clear and PETI pivotal for you right now. I agree with that. So you sharing this and how it's affecting you. A lot of people just don't have the ability to do that, Like they can't do that. They don't know they've built a defense system against emotion because their childhoods, their marriages, their life has has told them that I build this wall to protect myself, and anything on the other side of this wall means emotion. And I ain't ready for that. Dude. I am sitting right in front of you and I you, uh yeah, I gotta tell you. I I actually it's funny, same thing. And I've never seen Jack even I've never seen Jack even come close to crying, not once ever. I'm not even twenty five years. It's a badge, Yeah, a badge. I wear a badge of death and I've cried on there a number of times. I do not care, not even one bit them. The it's you gotta people hold other people very accountable. They project their expectations and other people. But I am a big believer of Like, brother, you better turn that those crosshairs on yourself before you start throwing them at other people. You really kind of have to look at it like poison. You really kind of have to look at those emotions like poison, like you have to get them out of you to make yourself better. It's almost like purging that stuff so that you, like when you're sick, like when you get nauseous, you make yourself throw up, you can feel better, even if it's just for a few minutes before you get noxious again, when you hold emotions like that. I used to hold a lot of bitterness in my heart and I was, yeah, I really did. I I held a ton of bitterness in my heart for many years. And I have a buddy that did the same thing. And I let that go probably about five years ago, I just kind of decided to myself, it's not really serving any purpose in my life. The bitterness that I had wasn't really paying off in any way, shape or form. And since that day, it's been way better, way better. And I think you've provided a great service for a lot of people out there today. I appreciate that. I just I'm fine with talking about emotions momentum. Morey, you're you're going to not be here one day.
Speaker 3: Uh, make the most of it.
Speaker 2: Well you are, And let me tell you something. The one truth thing, I don't know if the sea lane, the felony, I don't know if he said anything to you about this. Sorry did he say?
Speaker 17: You know?
Speaker 2: I mean, like, look, man, that the whole time thing like you're on a you're on a ticker because when your kids get to be like eleven, twelve, thirteen years old and they start meeting friends and stuff, you're the coolest person in the world one day and the other day you're the guy who gives me a ride to the skating rink. And that happens way faster than you think.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing about that that people don't tell you about is is they never don't like you. You just don't fit their thing of cool anymore. You don't really fit into their world of their new world. I mean, you're your dad now, but you're not super dad like they were, like you were when he was six or seven, when you guys were fishing or playing golf. Still loves you, like I mean, it's I know, I made a deal with myself already since you know walking through that doorway. Was that before this trip, there were plenty of times, an embarrassing amount of times my son absolutely loves me. He is obsessed, yeah, but to the point of like he wants to touch my chest. He wants to touch me, he wants to just holds my back to he just he likes grabbing my four chest hairs like and there's always contact. And in the past especially, I would say in the last six months, I've caught myself getting frustrated or annoyed by like.
Speaker 5: Just like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little bit like not now and then and you know, leaving him and then coming back. It's the only thing I would have wanted for the rest of my life and still do. So I kind of made a promise with myself, is that he can't annoy me anymore. I have to change my perspective there. There should never be a moment of annoyance because it's just affection. And boy did I miss it. I mean to have somebody that looks at you like a hero. Yeah, I mean that's what your kids look at you like. You know, you're their hero middle school?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah until about No, No, you'll still be their hero. They just won't tell you. They'll say hero, but it will sound more like ahole or a nerdy, douchebag, or any of those words will fit there. But I mean, that's what it'll sound like. I'm not looking forward to those times, which is also the gasoline tank for me, being obsessed with these times. All over it be fine. I think you'll be fine. You guys, I know we've talked about. I don't know, how are you guys thinking? What about a second? Yeah? Yeah, the percentage but when he was four months old was probably at two percent. And I don't know if you should be happy or proud, but that percentage is not at two percent when we were I was in the trenches. That is a newborn. I would say that's probably as of right now, being as honest as I can, probably a coin flip. Oh really, I would say, how does she feel about that she won another check that I would think that she probably wants more than a coin flip, But friendly reminder that number started off at two percent. Y yeah, yeah, fifty.
Speaker 4: And the thing that you have to always remember that changes could and the calculus that you're always doing is Okay, if it's now, their age difference will be this, yeah. And because depending on that gap, will I play into the type of relationship they have with each other.
Speaker 2: And and if I'm being the thousand percent honest, I'll even tell you the same exact thing that I told my wife when it comes to a second child, which is off of you know, call it two years right now. The only reason why I want to have a second kid is because of the experience of having my brother be my brother. Oh y yeah, and what that was like. I am solely it would not be for me. There's a huge part of having that first child. It's that and free labor the first A huge part of having that first kid is honestly a lot of selfish reasons. I want to experience this. I want to know what it's like. I want to raise a human. I I but that second kid, if he or she happened. I mean, ninety plus percent of that experiences for my first child, giving them that sibling experience. And there's nothing wrong with feeling that way. There's nothing wrong with it. Yeah, nothing wrong with that at all. I think if you asked my wife, and if you asked my buddy Daniel and other people who grew up as only children, and they would probably tell you they would have loved to have had a brother or sister to be around. I know that my wife would have, you know, to be honest with you, I don't know if we ever had that conversation. I know that she said that when she grew up, she was lonely a lot because they traveled, They moved around a lot, they moved to different places. So that means that every time she went to a school she had to make new friends, and those friends were going to be lasting eight months and they were going to move again, So she didn't have anybody to have those experiences with. She was having them like Groundhog Day every year up until she was I think fourteen years old. Wow, so you know, and then Daniels the other way. Daniel was in a very stable house with a loving mom and a loving dad. And he had also friends a family that provided him the idea of like having sisters. I believe they were like three girls or cousins that lived in the neighborhood that he spent a lot of time with. But man, I think that's important. I really do. I mean, I'm not saying you have another child because of that, but I do believe that. But that's the main entree of the thought going into a second child is yeah, man, And I'm also afraid, Like I hear that the heart grows if you have a second kid, But I've also like, I'm so afraid of having a second kid because like, I love my son so much right now, and there's only so much bandwidth in a day. Yeah, I'm fully aware of but but kids usually love the other kid. And yeah, I think it's dependent on when you have them. Like, I mean, he's two now. He would kind of understand because by the time you if you guys were to get pregnant before the end of the year, I mean, it would still be next year. He would still be fully three years old before you know, the next baby came along, and and you know, cognizantly, if you think about it. Also, the gap is important by my sister and my gap are is the worst gap. It's like four years. That means when I'm going out of school, she's coming into school. Yeah, and you know, when I'm fourteen, she's ten. You know, so we don't have anything in common at any point in our relationship, and it chose to this day. We're not not super close because of that. I love her dearly. She's awesome person, but you know, we don't really you know, and I think maybe that's because that time gap. But the gap between you and your brother five and a half years, yeah, and then and my brother is my world. Yeah. But you guys also became a team because of your dad, right yeah, yeah, a little bit. I became a team with all of the neighborhood friends and then they showed me how to shave. And it was my friend's parents that also were like, hey, I heard this kid is weird and his dad passed, let's give him a home. So like I crashed over at a lot of random friends, families and homes. Yeah, but you're you're the uh, you're the bonus kids, the bonus kid for about four different families. Yeah, right, seven nine six four one text us at seven seven zero three to one real quick before we get out of here today. Back to FIFA soccer. One other thing that's getting sold out there. Have you guys heard about the them selling pieces of the field, No, which field, Jersey, New York. Yeah, it says a FIFA. FIFA, Well they still need that one for Sunday. FIFA is selling pieces of grass field from New York, New Jersey after the final. All right, So that means when they when they get done with the match on Sunday, they're gonna, guess, cut that field up in the segments and they're gonna sell segments of that field. So you, in other words, you may get a piece of the field that Lionel Messi played on his very last game of the very last World Cup. How much do you think they are? Oh god, I hope they're like one hundred bucks. Not a dollar. I hope they're like twenty bucks. How many is set? How far? What is seventeen centimeters? Like, guys in inches and stuff?
Speaker 5: What is that like?
Speaker 2: Woh, but I don't know. Six inches, I don't know. Figure it out for me real good. This American mind can't comprehend two point five fours in an inch six point six seventeen centimeters and yeah inches, so six and a half inches or so. So the squares are gonna be six and a half by six and a half, all right, they're gonna come from the field. All right, that's a piece of history. You can get it. How much do you believe that they're charging for a piece of the World Cup field that Lionel Messi will play his very last World Cup on.
Speaker 4: Well, considering the price of tickets, I will say it's gonna be a lot.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go three hundred dollars. Oh five, four hundred and fifty dollars. Don't do that, four hundred and fifty dollars. The site says you can own a genuine piece of football history with an authentic twenty twenty six feet a World Cup piece of the pitch permanently preserved in a premium acrylic with a US be keepsake. Each pace contains an original fragment of the iconic final playing surface, making it a unique collectible that celebrates one of the world's greatest sporting events. Each piece will be seventeen by seventeen by seventeen centimeters and They're only available for shipping to addresses in the US, the UK, and Europe gonna ship them out after the nineteen So after the game Sunday, they're gonna slice it up, package it and off it goes. This seems like a just a money because it was it's in MetLife Stadium, right, yeah, right. MetLife Stadium is infamous for torn acls. Oh, this is this the same field?
Speaker 5: Jack?
Speaker 2: Yes and no, but they changed that field right because they had that artificial turf that was straight dangerous when we were there. They did when we were there.
Speaker 4: It was when they put down real grass, but we were there in February and it was frozen ats, hard frozen chunks. That was a giant stadium since sid MetLife Stadium is like built the parking lot there, so's it's the same area, not the exact same field. But I looked it up when I saw them playing in Dallas because I'm like, wait, a second, soccer will only play on real turf and a lot of these dome stadiums are artificial, right, But FIFA is they'll play on real turf or hybrid turf. So it's this hybrid and that's what is at Mercedes Benz Stadium as well, right now, I believe.
Speaker 2: So it's a hybrid turf. How's it hybrid? Is it grass and artificial? I've seen it, and I want to say, I don't want to step on any toast here, but this hybrid turf is like the modern it's what is mostly used, I believe. Don't shoot the messenger here, but I want to say Inner and Co. Orlando City, that's a hybrid as well. Now is that the one where they put in the rubber beads, like when they put the when they put the surface down, they spread the rubber beads on it and it gives you like this weird soil like feel or whatever. That is just on artificial turf for that reson. But like on the hybrid turf, you can see like on the outside you'll see turf and then slowly, all of a sudden, just clicking the real glass. Oh got yeah, So the real grass is interacting with the turf. The hybrid turf.
Speaker 4: It consists of Kentucky bluegrass and rye grass mixture grown into a base layer of synthetic fibers.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see. So they make the base to the point where the grass grows them between it makes the root structure stronger. That's probably exactly what it is. It's fascinating stuff. Greg Norman actually came up with a grass idea for that years ago for golf courses and it bombed because the matrix that was underneath wasn't wasn't right, and it couldn't take the pressure being walked on without giving way. So the hybrid gives you the playability benefits of real grass, but the structural stability and traction of artificial turf, which is reinforced by the stadiums, built in drainage and system. Very cool, mane. Everyone that I've been talking to in the past when it comes to hybrid, real astro turf and all that is, hybrid is the future. Yeah, the way love that. That sounds great. I haven't even like I've not heard of that before, So that's cool. I first heard about it when I was in anfields going through a Liverpool Oh really tour and they're like this, Brandon, all right, you got what's coming up for You heard it here first?
Speaker 8: Yeah, Orange County Explorer Solutions for a better Warehouse Oversight, Florida wraps up Operations, Southern slow Down and Buffalo Wild Wings introduces a product you probably don't want or neat, but we're gonna tell you about it anyway.
Speaker 3: Next during you heard it here.
Speaker 2: First, you gotta take a little break. We'll come back and do Deb's news and get the hell out of here on a Friday.
Speaker 15: What up, y'all?
Speaker 19: Zeke here Ross, I think I speak for a lot of gentlemen across from Florida right now. You got us crying, you dog, Yeah, man, fatherhood is tough, but it's also very special.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 5: I love you guys.
Speaker 2: Seeybuddy, thank you so much. We love you too. Man.
Speaker 5: What you do?
Speaker 15: Colbert crew?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I just got.
Speaker 15: Shed information about my family.
Speaker 2: My uncle Lynn.
Speaker 15: Has passed away due to the stroke at seventy four, So we raise a beer to him and wish him.
Speaker 9: Well on the great beyond.
Speaker 2: Here's to you, Lynn.
Speaker 15: I'm ben missing.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry to back that sucks. Welcome back to the Jim Colbert Show. We're all Radio one o four point one dollar is your six o'clock hey, where you get about five ten minutes or so, get over to real radio dot if him and send that away for your chance at one thousand dollars. Don't forget Tom and Dan have a couple um actually three, and we'll start it back up Monday morning at nine with the monsters.
Speaker 3: We want a winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you guys doing this? Anything good?
Speaker 3: My brother is in town?
Speaker 2: Oh nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I haven't seen him since the wedding.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me said, hey, I will What a solid cat man. I wish I had some more time to spend with him. Actually cool, Jackson. What are you doing laser Floyd at the Orlando Science Center? Very nice? I expect a full report on that, Yes, sir, Monday morning. Sawadd got an amazing family day at the house tomorrow, and then I've got a comedy show tomorrow night. It's sold out. I don't want to bring it up. There's no tickets left. You just brought it up and sold out. You're such a flexer. My bad. But then Sunday World Cup Final? Yeah were you watching it?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Probably at my house with a beer and a child. Very nice, very nice. I'll give him one two? What time is kick three? Three o'clock? Perfect?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: So he was so weird getting just absolutely blitz kreeg at three o'clock on a Wednesday. I was telling Dead, Like after the final whistle blue, I took a step down the stairs to leave, and I was like, I think I might die. I gotta go to the bathroom. My favorite thing in the world is day drinking. I don't know what it is about. Three weeks ago and her best friend set out and we like, we did a bunch of work in the morning, and we just made it a point. We're leaving here at twelve thirty and we are going day drinking. We skipped around Lake County to every little bar and joint, having a beer here, drink there was absolutely the greatest Well if you loved, if you love day drinking, wait till you get a hold of this partying stuff on midweek. Okay, Yeah, the fact that today is Friday is such a curveball for me, wild right, because I had the weekend in the middle of the week. Yeah, yeah, ye, and then the dep What are you doing this weekend? You said your brother's gonna be down anything else? Yeah, yeah, just chilling out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just especially with the weather. Just looking for a relaxing weekend.
Speaker 2: Same here, We're working around the house. I'm playing golf early Sunday morning. Hopefully we can get around in and then again just tooling around the property. Got a cup the yard and stuff all that. I'll never forget this one thing that Jim said to me years and years ago, and it has never left me yet. I love it and I feel like this is your motto. We were it was a Saturday. We were at a bar where watching a UFC mansion. We had a couple of beers in us like, this is not a one beer buzz conversation. We've got three or four this could and you go Ross. It's the American way. Work your balls off Monday through Friday and do the opposite on the weekend. Exactly.
Speaker 18: I say.
Speaker 2: It was awesome, all right, Dad, let's do you heard it here? Four good time for.
Speaker 10: You heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show.
Speaker 8: And be smart like Jack and get your tickets to Stellar Knights at Orlando Science Center now through August. First you can see the total lineup and grab your tickets at osc dot or It's a must, man, it really is. Just make sure you get there early because they've been very, very popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Orange County is working to make changes to how it conducts warehouse inspections following two tragedies, including a warehouse illegally storing fireworks that caught fire, killing four in twenty twenty two, and then this year a tragedy where at least fifty six sloths and for a planned attraction died while being housed in an unheated, unpermitted warehouse. Fox thirty five spoke to Orange County Commissioner Michael Scott about a partnership between law enforcement, code enforcement, and other agencies.
Speaker 12: I think the biggest thing is communication. What happens is someone will go and do an inspection. Hey, it's not a partner passing on. But if we're meeting collectively monthly, that usually alleviates the problem because then we work in concert one another.
Speaker 8: So in addition, Orange County Fire Rescue says they've nearly tripled staffing for its occupancy inspection program to strictly comply with the state mandate.
Speaker 2: They give you the idea how things how slowing things move in politics. That happened in twenty twenty two, twenty two, the four years just to pass legislation so that you would inspect warehouses differently.
Speaker 3: And it took just these six animals dying, just as.
Speaker 2: A perspective, of giving the night. How slow that machine moves? Uh Messi's almost won a second World Cup.
Speaker 8: Operations Southern Slow Down will run through the weekend. It's a multi state effort to crack on speeders and agressive drivers. Folks can expect to see more Florida Highway Patrol troopers except good luck trying to identify with vehicles they're driving, and local officers on interstates at major highways through Saturday. I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I've noticed a much bigger uptick in troopers on my drive into and back home from where.
Speaker 2: Have you guys noticed it? Jack? Have you noticed it out there in your area? Definitely? How about you Ross? No man? In Lake County? It has been crazy. I actuallywhere out there.
Speaker 8: I had to move out of the way the other day for a police vehicle that was a Dodge Mini van as somebody said. They use those for raids really apparently, because you can get five six people in Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yahs, you got to look cute and wholesome.
Speaker 8: And then, finally, Buffalo Wild Wings is living up to its name with its latest menu addition, Ought to see You in Jail. The restaurant chain unveiled Pop and Ranch this week. The powdered shakeable Ranch additive is made with popping candy that gives it quote a burst of ranch flavor followed by an audible pop and crackle with every bite quote.
Speaker 2: It's ranch, pop rocks, It's range cocaine.
Speaker 8: Pop and Ranch will be released in restaurants starting Monday, July twentieth, and will cost ninety nine cents per packet. The launch comes just in time for National Chicken Wing Day on July twenty ninth, where Buffalo Wild Wings is giving away free wings with any fifteen dollars purchase.
Speaker 3: What say you, guys? Would you like to try some Pop and Ranch?
Speaker 2: No, but they just missed the bulk of the World Cup crowd. Who would love to take it?
Speaker 3: I know exactly perfect time I goes either way. You heard it here first on the Jim Colbert Show, these guys known for their acumen.
Speaker 2: I would try it, but it's got to come with one of those McDonald's spoons. Yeah, that's fair. Who do we have to think to that?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 8: We want to thank Attorney Mo du Wet for making our Friday Suday. Speaking of Saucy, want to thank Elixer for our week's worth of delicious lunch.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, Alixer.
Speaker 2: Oh good cheese seake today.
Speaker 3: That roll was delicious, so can Caesar salad.
Speaker 4: By the way, Yeah, have price cheeseburgers and wings Mondays for lunch at Alixer.
Speaker 8: And don't forget Alixer would also be your great spot to check out the World Cup Final on Sunday. Absolutely also want to thank Corona Cigar Company. You definitely want to take advantage of that deal over seventy percent of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a rocky Pateelo cigar for the boxes only ninety five ninety five it's usually three hundred and seventeen dollars.
Speaker 8: Eem also want to thank Forward Slash Distillery and Blending House. Just in case you missed the Whiskey of the Week, the podcast had been posted to The Jim Culbert Show and then last but never lease, Sam Bowen, Candice Rich and Alicia Badass Bullwear for running our YouTube check.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys have a good weekend. Thank you as always. Jack question, oh the day.
Speaker 4: How much would you pay for a bucket list sporting or music event? Remember the choices were one thousand dollars. Max between one and two k, between two and five k or more. I'd say the most of the people say between one and two thousand dollars. Most people said one thousand dollars max. That was fifty six percent. Then it was between one and two Yeah, more than five thousand, slightly edged out between two and five thousand, twelve percent to eleven percent.
Speaker 19: Day.
Speaker 2: Really that's crazy.
Speaker 8: Now do you get extra points if you spend that money for someone else's bucket list?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, for sure, Okay, good, all right, that's what a cusser to take her mom to Taylor.
Speaker 2: O god, I've never heard that noise from death, but I can understand it. Oh my god, I speak that language.
Speaker 6: As I know.
Speaker 2: You're sold out everywhere, but where can people find tickets when you do have shows that aren't sold out? It would be Rosscomedy dot com for right now, I will see you Orange City Brewery. Absolutely all right, let's get the hell out of here. I'll behalf the dead Jack and rosshim Gym. We follow a new Chucky. They followed Monsters in the morning after us. It's Tomina with the corborate time. It is the Orlando Shine Show, going right, into what the hell is angel? Listening to tomorrow it smells like the nineties all weekend long, and of course Sunday morning it is Captain Zog Radio with our very own Jack Bradshaw and first mate Naomi Bradshaw dot com Ley right into the Legend, Joseph Martins and Joshua Pingman for Sunday Morning coming down, We'll see it three for more than Jim Colbert Show. Until then, have yourself a fantastic weekend, guys.
Speaker 3: See you Monday.
Speaker 7: Bye.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know about that.
Speaker 10: Have you missed any Briday show?
Speaker 1: Check out The Jim Colbert Show on demand, and for highlighted feature segments, listen to The Jim Colbert Show The Goods.
Speaker 10: Both are available for free on the iHeartRadio app.