Speaker 1: On air at am five to seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petrosen Money Show. You are one of the kind.
Speaker 2: Hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 3: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. I don't like to meddle in my private affairs.
Speaker 4: I mean you ex Petros to Money and five seventy ALA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Dodger Baseball Tonight on a Monday, taking on the Marlins in town for three gallpin Ford Broadcast booth. First pitch just after seven, Yoshiyamamoto on the mound, Dodgers on deck at six. Dodgers just took a series from the Cubs, won the final two of the three game series. Have a half game lead on the padres in the NL West. We've got three hours today. You can hear it here. I guess here would be wherever you're listening right now, or remember if you miss anything, you can always download the show through the podcast on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: And it's a Modello meets a Lot of Monday here on the Petros and Money Show. We all know it's not a real meat a lot if it's not made with MODELO.
Speaker 5: Had a make a lotta that is tasty.
Speaker 1: Wish it's a reward.
Speaker 3: For those with a fun experience, for those know how much a meat a lot of can improve your day.
Speaker 5: I had a make a lot of that was tasty.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves.
Speaker 3: L A was out when the meat a lotas flow in Los Angeles. And after the Dodgers win a series against the Cubs, yes.
Speaker 1: The Leachie and the chee Chees will be out, much like LA. And that's about as bad as there is in LA.
Speaker 3: We have two guests today, David Veasse in our next hour lot of between Pete Crow Armstrong and Dalton the villain Rushing and everything going on with the Dodgers, Craig Council in the Vesse interview with him on Friday, all of that stuff.
Speaker 4: Trying to think the last time we had someone like Rushing.
Speaker 3: On the Dodgers well, Joe Kelly, you know with his Yeah, he was pretty antagonistic. Yeah, there's been some antagonistic Dodgers over the year. Yeah, that's it. It's Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then we have Rob Havenstein who Matt reaped off of the belief a podcast World Podcastah, the former Ramalama Ding dong O Lineman, a great guy, is going to join us. He's getting into the media, and we'll talk a little rams and we'll talk some NFL football in the five o'clock hour as we move on. But there's a mystery, a foot.
Speaker 4: Mass, A mystery is afoot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I came in, uh so, but you said you knew. I don't know either. No, I don't know. I don't know what happened. I assume we're asking the same question. Well, I saw Tim Cats stop a guy named Andre outside, and he said, Andrea has something to ask you, But I can't ask you in front of that guy. And that guy was me, And so.
Speaker 6: What did you do? Aole moved closer to me.
Speaker 3: And but you guys spoke so quietly and with my ten ears, I was unable to.
Speaker 6: Hear listen rabbit, And now Uh.
Speaker 4: Well, now you can see in plain sight.
Speaker 1: There's something going off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what's visible to you right now that has not been visible to you recently?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 7: Is right?
Speaker 1: Like it's a good news bad news situation, good news.
Speaker 3: I mean, they might as well just pants to us. They might as well just pants us in front of all the chicks.
Speaker 4: Our sex poster is back up. Well, it's been a because it was tucked behind our fridge, a fridge that was gifted to us, but it was on top of something was It was on top of a shelf and they built the shelf. The shelf had all of Fred's probably two year old water bottles. Yeah, three year old bags of cash.
Speaker 1: Fred can't be expected to clean up after he's.
Speaker 4: A disgusting, vile human. Not when you have the same haircut is post malone. Uh so that was on the shelf below it, but it was our fridge. Surfside gave us the fridge. We don't know.
Speaker 3: Is that what you were asking Andrea about? Oh there he is, there's Andre.
Speaker 1: Right walked out. He walked in and now he just walked out because.
Speaker 6: You guys are on the speakers in the billiing he Andre.
Speaker 3: Is a good looking guy with shoulder length of dark hair and a beautiful goatee. And he has a tattoo, a wrist tattoo. Looks like a little bit of a hipster.
Speaker 6: He's the building manager for iHeart here, okay.
Speaker 1: And you asked him what Kate's.
Speaker 6: Well, I said, Andre, I talked to you, not in front of this guy, and you immediately got closer to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't hear I did it?
Speaker 6: I said, hey, Andre in studio.
Speaker 1: I mean I noticed that, I noticed the sex poster.
Speaker 3: We've been robbed. But I'm thinking, like, wow, we've been robbed. There's a bigger mystery afoot. But that's the mystery. Somebody took our fridge fridge.
Speaker 6: I said, did you, as operations here in the building, take that beautiful fridge that had stuff in it and the little side table out of the KLAC studio And he looked at me with this blank look. He said, wasn't me.
Speaker 4: We didn't robbed.
Speaker 3: And it looks like they took our some of our beverages out of the fridge and put them and place them on the table.
Speaker 4: And as you can tell, these are beverages that we are ready to drink.
Speaker 1: These are ready to drink RTD Matt.
Speaker 4: Raspberry lemonade vodka, Start black Cherry lemonade vodka.
Speaker 1: There's a bottled soda to make us look cool.
Speaker 4: We had planned on drinking those today during the show, like we always do with our surfside beverages.
Speaker 1: What I was looking forward to when I was driving up to five this morning.
Speaker 4: And now they're warm and we don't have cold surfside iced tea in vodka, or lemonade in vodka, or iced tea and lemonade and voda available for the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's a travesty right.
Speaker 6: Well, we could do a little detective work here because I was here over the weekend Saturday and Sunday doing Dodgers. Did you notice anything yesterday Sunday after my pregame show, I had to record a little gambling spot. I do that. Their is another markets.
Speaker 1: Okay, way to go soars me. I was in that.
Speaker 6: I'll take five little strike. I was in there yesterday where you guys were sitting recording your gambling and the refrigerator was there yesterday. Yeah, I would have noticed if it was not there. It was until I brought it up to you when I came in today. Damn it, you're right, So maybe it wasn't there yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I came in. I was like, where's the fridge And you're like, what fridge? Well, that fridge the fridge that was gifted to USh that Fred tried to break by unplugging.
Speaker 6: That poster hits you right in the face when you look at her.
Speaker 4: That is the positive.
Speaker 3: The poster is a poster of the drawings of two black Americans with afros and very male and female yes, in various sexual positions based on the calendar the astrological chart. There beautiful, beautiful expression of black love right that we've always loved, and we had it in the middle of the studio.
Speaker 1: It's a gift from a listener. Was a gift from Hedge Fund Ryan.
Speaker 4: We were told that if we kept it up, we would likely find our way to the HR.
Speaker 1: Office, which is why we put it behind.
Speaker 4: Our fridge, which I believe is unoccupied.
Speaker 1: So that's why we were like, all right, the HR office isn't so we put.
Speaker 4: It behind the fridge so only we could peek back there if we ever wanted to get a look.
Speaker 3: At They send somebody from New York for this though, So Kate's wherever your inquiry's got you? Obviously Matt made an inquiry, but only to you, are you? And you asked Andre? I asked Andre our office here. He does not know who took it.
Speaker 6: I have got an email out to two gentlemen in engineering, Matt and Rich.
Speaker 1: Isn't that a surf side? It's a surf side.
Speaker 4: Surf side gave it to us where they came to visit us that day. No surf side, such side they loaded up with surfside. It's incredibly cold.
Speaker 3: There's a modello ice. Yes, well, God help us if somebody takes that too.
Speaker 4: They did it was sitting Oh my god, yeah, I was sitting right there. It is now gone now. This was brought up to me in a text.
Speaker 1: Who did this?
Speaker 6: Do you think Conway was here over the weekend because he was here because of all the stuff that was happening, and he did his Gold show. Yeah, and he did his Gold show as well on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Do you think maybe you guys still doing the gold show?
Speaker 1: Mat Gold is only going up.
Speaker 6: There's no referred to go but up fifteens an ounce.
Speaker 4: I could see Conway stealing it. I absolutely could see that.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't like the fact that we immediately blamed Conway like he's the usual suspect that we run into the station. I think it's fair though, but he did come in here the other day and bang our gong. Yeah, and make it part of a skit unsanctioned visit.
Speaker 4: They're not following the KFI Instagram feed. You're really missing out.
Speaker 1: That's the truth.
Speaker 4: Daily ski from each of their.
Speaker 1: Shows except for John. No skits from John.
Speaker 4: You won't do it straight up, just straight read straight video from John, compelling content during the show.
Speaker 3: But a more skits oriented lifestyle from Monks and Merrill, Gary and Shannon, and let's not forget the Tim Conway Junior Show with master of social Media Sharon Bellio on the ones and two exactly ready, So we have nothing nothing and we have no leads you see, Yeah, definitely Who are you on the phone with Tim?
Speaker 4: The ice chest is gone?
Speaker 3: Is that somebody is that regarding gone? Is that a phone call regarding this situation?
Speaker 4: Is that Daniel Jeremiah on the phone talking padres baseball?
Speaker 3: Well that's not gonna help anybody, all right. So if anybody has any information.
Speaker 4: Well they cakes did say that we are the station of choice in the hallways and the offices here at iHeart right now. So I would imagine our plea is being shared with everyone on the fourth and fifth floor who stole our fridge. Yeah, bring it back, no questions asked.
Speaker 3: The reward, we have two warm surf side vodka and lemonades for you.
Speaker 1: If you come through, No questions.
Speaker 4: Asked, No questions asked. Though you are a dirty thief and we want it in the next fifteen minutes. If we don't get in the next fifteen minutes, we burned the place down.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't there be cameras, like there was a camera of Kevin figures removing that refrigerator once.
Speaker 6: For the elevator. Yes, but the cameras in the halls do not work.
Speaker 4: They don't they don't work.
Speaker 3: But if somebody took it up to the fifth floor, it's likely that they would take it to the elevator.
Speaker 1: Am I wrong to say it was pretty light?
Speaker 4: It's kind of a compact fridge walking up the stairs stair way to Kevin.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, I'm gonna I'm gonna go. Look, there's no camera on the stairway to.
Speaker 4: Kevin, I think that's fair. In Conway's office right now where Bellio sits, I could see him taking it and thinking, oh, there's never anything in here. They won't miss it, not realizing every day when we show up, because Fred and Rodney never do their show from here. We bring our stuff in here, cool it down, and then that way in the show.
Speaker 3: You can't say never. If there's a bunch of used Fred Rogan.
Speaker 4: Water bottles behind you, literally from not a year years. Fred was here last week, years ago, he was here last week, he was here seven days ago. Those cashews, if they are anything less than five years old, it would be a lie. Well, I don't know how our fridge is gone. I don't know why somebody would take our fridge electric built. Maybe it could be cheap skate building owners saying hey we no fridges.
Speaker 3: It could be they're clearing out the run because they're going to do renovations here.
Speaker 1: That that could.
Speaker 4: Be why case didn't we get a directive in email scene we could not have personal fridges. Wasn't that part of like the Bee It's.
Speaker 1: Not personal, it's a promotional item.
Speaker 6: I mean, if they're gonna take that one out Matt, how about the nine that kf.
Speaker 3: I had scattered out on top of one, Yeah, scattered all around.
Speaker 4: Now it was nothing but Organs.
Speaker 6: I just went on, just went over to Conway's studio office hand for the first time in like months.
Speaker 4: Locked. It's locked. They stole my jacket, exactly right. They're thieves.
Speaker 1: And it was a high end jack.
Speaker 4: Yes it was. I bought it on sale, but it was nice. It's green or something.
Speaker 6: I went to their presence.
Speaker 3: It was my Vietnam veteran drifter, Jackelite. All he wanted was some food.
Speaker 1: And they stolen it. They took it, and I had to get it back.
Speaker 8: So I didn't come here to rescue Rambo from you.
Speaker 1: I came here to rescue you from him.
Speaker 3: We'll get to the bottom of this. You can't just walk out the door with that big thing. We got to check CC's TV.
Speaker 6: Who takes the side table though?
Speaker 1: What I think?
Speaker 3: They they're clearing out the room for the renovation, and somebody was like, well, we got to take this, I'm taking it home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they took the VHS. The VCR was here this last week and they took that off the chair. They could take these laptops that haven't been used in four years.
Speaker 6: I mean the laptops from nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sounds about right. Run down a windows three, the TV that's still running strong as ever.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: We can talk Swing James about this on Wednesday, as this could be a ongoing situation here at the station.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happened.
Speaker 4: They left the door though, huh left the door well, they said they don't want to move it. It's too heavy. You saw them people in engineering. They don't have any muscle.
Speaker 3: There's also been there's also been some scuttle but about the door in regards to this new renovation in this studio.
Speaker 4: We do need to move the door back into our office if things are starting to disappear. Don't want to take any chances with the door or with our Tarantula Hill movie poster.
Speaker 1: Or are gong our gong our new no food in the studio sign.
Speaker 6: No food day, dammit.
Speaker 3: Our certificate of recognition from Irvine and our certificate our proclamation from Cerrito Right, all those things are very important. David Veasse, like we said, very important, is gonna join us. Rob haven Stein will join us in our final hour. But the Marlins are in town. How much do I know about the Marlins? Well, me Rojas used to play there, Kevin Jazz Chisholm were there and they didn't get a while still on the Marlins or did he get traded? Didn't know that. But that being said, Matt, the Marlins have one of and we always like to check the more celebrated baseball songs out there, much more celebrated as far as who's singing it than Brewer's Fever, where you could be a believer in Brewers Fever and feel the excitement of the big home run or Okay Blue Jays or things of that, or or Ace Diamond with the Colorado Rocky song we played.
Speaker 4: Last week Cincinnati Disco.
Speaker 1: But as you know, the Marlins have Scott Staff.
Speaker 3: And this is a real the guy from Creed loves the Marlins.
Speaker 9: Frownrown sort of diving chatshots. You don't have great appreciation for great art.
Speaker 10: A perfect perfect trip are.
Speaker 11: World m sore soot he's an Orlando guy.
Speaker 4: The hell is he doing with the Marlins?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 1: What do you want man? Do the tampe of ray?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: You know it's not you know, this guy sucks and this song sucks this is the worst effen song you have played ever.
Speaker 1: Now you're wrong, No, I am not wrong. That's some says it. We're hoping you suck. He would not say that here and the merlin.
Speaker 4: God, that's terrible.
Speaker 7: Li sleep ball it skame.
Speaker 1: Strike stop that you know what?
Speaker 3: Hold on, just stop this. I am so tired of this guy. I mean, this guy's burring his heart out. And you hear him say let's play ball, it's game day. And then they're smart enough A little bop of a bat try that. I mean, that's good stuff.
Speaker 7: Sleep ball it ska.
Speaker 1: Strith couch be shoot store whole please wait here the right stopping request? Who wrote? Did Was there a contest the lyrics for Scott?
Speaker 4: You know what I appreciate the lyrics was an elementary school contest.
Speaker 1: You're full hatred? Game D?
Speaker 3: There are those are three things that happen in a baseball game. Strikes and hits and double play. What staff is doing is setting the table.
Speaker 1: Ye spa ball, it's game D. Stop messing it up.
Speaker 4: It's game D.
Speaker 1: Let me hear it. Stop one strike coutch me shoot store. Those all those things happen.
Speaker 10: Cheat the feel hear the rule the crowd, trouble rounds me, frown drum rounds me.
Speaker 1: Crown.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: So let's say, son, stop me saying you're ruining one strike two straight swing movie.
Speaker 7: A diving kitch.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of the.
Speaker 3: Problem is this didn't really It didn't really translate to swing away. Didn't translate well with the Cuban, with the Cuban population. It should have been a moralot should got Pitbull or somebody like that.
Speaker 6: Someone from Miami.
Speaker 4: Do they have a music scene at all, Gloria, I stepped on possibly found someone from Miami.
Speaker 1: Calm on everybody. Let's root the marlst. I don't know, man.
Speaker 3: I thought Snap did a great job with that game Day. I thought a lot of day Game Day. A lot of the things he said. There are things that happened based triple, A lot of the ever almost everything he said.
Speaker 1: There ball of steam. Dude, we want strikeouts be shoot store, we want it. Why do you want strikeouts and base hits and double because that's baseball? We want baseball. A star ouns mad because.
Speaker 12: Brown Troubles made Brown you.
Speaker 1: Well, because when I think of fish, I think of flying.
Speaker 6: Why that's why I thought he said, suck well, so.
Speaker 13: Let's say, Sun stop straight swing, swing away, you got two strikes I gotta protect. Try to protect that swims.
Speaker 10: A perfect game.
Speaker 1: Perfect the boy. That's rare.
Speaker 4: Yahoo World Series champs will be.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about the Marlins?
Speaker 7: This year?
Speaker 4: World Series champs will be? That's how I feel about the Marlins years.
Speaker 3: If I had a guitar, I'd be breaking against the far subtep right now.
Speaker 1: Now, come on, is this worse than Chicago?
Speaker 10: What do you say?
Speaker 1: The Cubs are gone?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: Winning, tod.
Speaker 4: Not only is it worse, it is seven hundred thousand ways than any vedder, a perfect game, a triple play, denying that those.
Speaker 1: Are things that don't happen in a baseball game.
Speaker 7: Day.
Speaker 1: Keep hoping and dreaming and you will sore. Look, maybe you're Marlin. Maybe you're right, Matt. Maybe there's more.
Speaker 4: There is not a song.
Speaker 1: There could be more of a central Florida appeal to what he's doing.
Speaker 4: When it's posted down in Miami, that sounds like that sounds like some slapty from Orlando wrote It says, how.
Speaker 1: Dare you Orland Town? I was there for two days. This is Miami. Well, good luck to the Marlins.
Speaker 4: There is no chance that you play another song from another team that is anywhere near as bad as that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so much better fly Ball.
Speaker 4: At least it's got a little thing, you know, kind of vibe to it.
Speaker 7: This.
Speaker 1: Yeah, am I so angry? I'm in a ball game. I got a dog and a beer and this guy's screaming at me.
Speaker 3: Scott Staff is exponentially more successful than the rest of those musicians, even Ace Diamond, the guy who did.
Speaker 1: The Colorado Rockies Strike one, strike two, swing away.
Speaker 3: No, well, no, you got to protect the pay discipline here after there's two strikes you gotta protect. Are you trying to say that this type of song would be more appropriate? I feel like it would be my Lettons perfect game.
Speaker 4: Keep hoping and dreaming and you will soar.
Speaker 1: It's a great message.
Speaker 4: Sounds kind of like suck Scott, That's how I sing? Where could you there?
Speaker 14: Game day?
Speaker 3: Well, I can tell you one guy's not coming on the show now, Scott stap It good to be the king.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, reference to sex taps.
Speaker 3: Exactly what I'm gonna reference. Everybody makes mistakes. We'll be right back. Keep hoping and dreaming.
Speaker 1: And you well sore this is petro send money on demand demand. Thanks for listening, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's the Petrosen Money Show, Dodger Baseball tonight, Tim Kates with Morocco Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: We'll get started at six, Matt and I will go till then. It is the model.
Speaker 3: I'll meet you a lot of Monday on the Petrosen Money Show. As you know, it's not a real meach if it's not made with MODELO. And that's a reward for people with the fighting spirit, the mark of a fighter. And it's time for the top story of the day, top story of it.
Speaker 4: Baseball. We have talked about it repeatedly. Hey, nice ball, Strake, if you keep hoping and dreaming, you will soar. All right, be as sarcastic as you want. Scott's staff. He's not worried about your opinion. He's a star. You know what baseball is all about.
Speaker 14: People talk more about the r A and average and strike outs and say, just compared to anything else.
Speaker 1: If the numbers aren't there, no one's gonna pay attention.
Speaker 7: What is this going on around this.
Speaker 4: Grass field out there? Hue? Exactly? The NBA and their stupid points per game or their triple doubles. Then NHL goals against average means don't care hb raiding. However, the hell you calculate that, that's sorcery lame, That is sophistry and sorcery baseball. We interviewed a baseball player once and he said, you seen my babbit and that was freaking cool. He thought we were real scene heads when he was talking about his bip. Well, you know my fip and my bi so we're talking about I don't remember that happening. I think it was joke.
Speaker 1: He was talking about something else. No, he was on someone else's podcast and we were admonishing.
Speaker 4: He was like, yeah, dude, but Ben, seventeen percent of the season is done, not even one full month. But man, there's some fun numbers we can crunch. Pee. We start with the table, that's what they call it overseas, and we're gonna try to apply it here to hell with the standings. It's the table to us, and how weird it looks right now? The Dodgers nineteen and nine second in baseball to the Braves twenty and nine. Dodgers have the Braves actually have the uh No, the Dodgers have the best home record in baseball. They have scored one hundred and fifty nine runs, second most in baseball to the Braves won sixty six. They've allowed just ninety two, the best in baseball. They're plus sixty seven, as you would imagine best.
Speaker 1: Where do those Braves get off having a better record right now in April? Where do they get off?
Speaker 4: Who do they think they are? And the Dodgers are on a cold streak five and five over the last ten, the worst mark in the division forreoh and for all that slump talk, we're going to talk about how good they are team measurables and how the back end is helping the front end. While some guys are struggling through the first month of the season, some after signing for sixty million bucks per year having trouble hitting the ball. Look at the American League PE fifteen teams. Only four of the fifteen have a plus run differential. Only four have scored more runs than they have allowed. The top spot in the Central is only three and a half games up on last place. The top spot in the West sack town A's only four and a half ahead of the last place Houston Astros. While on the NL seven of the fifteen teams have a plus run differential, and the Dodgers on top of the last place Colorado by six and a half. They just swept the series the Rockies did to build their record up a little bit, and the Braves are running away with the NL East, leading the Marlins by the same six and a half game gap the Dodgers have over the last place Rockies.
Speaker 3: I give them a little time to believe and keep dreaming. Times running out and the Marlins will soar. Time is running out, Marlins, Season's damn near over. You want to make a few long term investments, get soresby on the phone, long term gambling. The Reds are ten and three away from home. They got an Ace and Chase Burns and a superstar in Elie de la Cruz. If they win the Central maybe they'll be up for the end of the season Awards Cy Young and MVP right now. Burns plus four thousand, Our guy Tyler Glass now dear friend of ours plus five thousand. Otani and Yamamotos second and third behind Schemes. Who is a cy Young favorite?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Good exact Skeenes is a cy Young favorite. Good example of believing and dreaming just like we did alongside Glass. Now and what's he doing now?
Speaker 4: Soaring? He will, soar, he will. Mason Miller could do something historic right now. He is three hits, zero runs scored, two walks, twenty seven strikeouts in thirteen and a third innings and ten saves for the Padres, just a half game back of the Dodgers. Mason Miller plus nine hundred for the cy Young and they'll give it to a closer now they've done it. You know why if they keep hoping and dreaming, they will sore.
Speaker 3: They got to sit around for eight innings and help Hi dream and then right come out for the nine and sore as you would, except just suck.
Speaker 1: It really depends.
Speaker 4: Well, that's true. It's bone spurs in the elbow. He'll be fine. Loose bodies, actually loose bodies. Bat Otani heavy favorite for the MVP minus three seventy. How absurd is minus three seventy. Aaron Judge is the al favorite. Feels like he could run away with it, and he is plus one seventy a four hundred dollars swing or a four hundred percentage point swing. Uh Otani has a oh you know, you bet one seventy to win one hundred, or you bet one hundred to win three seventy something like that. I think I got that wrong. Otani appoint three to eight e r a Acuni is at plus seventeen hundred l E day cruise at plus three thousand for flyer bets. But how about this? The money isn't everything in baseball? Right here? For all the offseason talk about how the Dodgers were bad for baseball, and the Mets are spending all this money, and the Phillies are spending all this money. They are a combined tied for last place. Times are hard, and those two very big baseball towns they're each nine and nineteen. The Mets just got swept by the Rockies. The Phillies are four and sixteen. Since a five and three start, they have won one game and they needed extras for it in the last two weeks one game. The Mets have won two games in the last three weeks. The points to the Dodgers and their tax payer roll of four hundred and fifteen million bucks right behind them. The Mets are three hundred and eighty million. The Phillies in fourth to two hundred ninety six million. Those two teams spend six hundred and seventy five million dollars on players, and they are a combined eighteen and thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Imagine how many serve side refrigerators you could buy for that much more. Well, in this place, you don't have to buy them. You just steal them. It costs nothing, dirty thieves. Meanwhile, the Marlins are in town, p their payroll seventy nine million bucks.
Speaker 4: We too low, right, we too low? Pretty low, way too low. At least the A's have dug themselves out of embarrassment and they're spending one hundred and thirty six million bucks to get to their first place slot in the Al West.
Speaker 3: And wait till they start pulling those slots in Vegas. Yeah, the money's gonna flow. What are we doing with this money? Putting it on black that's what we're doing. We're gonna double our payroll.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: The individual stats pe the Dodgers lead the league in hitting, and they lead the league in era. They're too seventy eight average. Were the season to end today and it's about to we're right at the cusp of the.
Speaker 1: Place and they don't even have moviie beds. Right, You know and Otani's.
Speaker 4: Cold, it would be a higher average at the end of the season than each of the past two years team adding champs.
Speaker 1: And you just said it.
Speaker 4: O'tani, Mookie, Freddie, Kyle Tucker, Will Smith, they're not hitting Otani's at a two sixty two clip. Mookie's hurt team worse one to seventy nine, will Smith two sixty six, Freddy two sixty nine, Max Months. He meanwhile, who's typically answering questions about how he's hovering over the Mendoza line, is hitting three hundred. Top four hitter for the Dodgers. Take that, Ron, say yeah, hitting three hundred, I'd be embarrassed. Top four hitters for the Dodgers today Man one two, three four, Dalton rushing three eighty five of fourteen to twenty nine ops seven home runs despite just thirty nine at bats. His thirty eight total bases are more than Will Smith, tied with Tao, and one less than Tucker, who's got sixty more at bats than Dalty does. So we call him now friend of ours.
Speaker 1: That's not happening.
Speaker 4: Adulty behind him the gel Rojas at three sixty six. Miggy, where did you meet Yuko?
Speaker 3: Was it in the hills of Hokkaido, was it deep in the temples of Kyoto.
Speaker 1: It was dults happy. Our adults find better adults.
Speaker 4: Of course, the sensational start by Andy pahez in his nine thirty three ops with his twenty five ribbies to lead the team by nine nine more than any other player. And that player is Rushy. He's become quite a villain, that's all. Kim no rushing, yes h Kim flashed his bat in spring training. He's hitting three thirty three. It's the bottom of the order that is carrying the team while the top figures it out. Pitching, despite having one less start than Yamamoto and glassnow our man Justin Robleski has thrown just three less innings, but he's averaging over seven per start thirty innings and four starts. Now there was a relief appear it's in there. He has got the most wins on the team, four, the second best ERA one point five a one point two war tied for team high pitching war with Otani, and despite his two and two record, which by the way, he doesn't deserve. If Yamamoto got any run support, that two four eighty r A would probably look more like three and one or.
Speaker 1: Four in zero.
Speaker 7: Ya.
Speaker 3: It really burns me, it really. I can tell when Yamamoto doesn't get the right run support, he ain't good in it. It really bothers me so much. Soda where I might ruin a whole broadcast not to mention I'll do it, We'll do it. Why not let the people know I'm disgusted, Tyler.
Speaker 4: Last now we mentioned our deer crown Tieg Glassie potential cy young chance cannon for the Dodgers with his thirty three innings pitched in five starts.
Speaker 1: We've been friends for years years. Seven loves that he's into the old school rap.
Speaker 3: You know why.
Speaker 4: You know why he loves it because he's averaging ten kse per nine innings. Son five day schedule is what he wants to be on. But he's on a six day schedule. The team is cruising and almost all and every pitching metric ahead of the rest of the league, and they lost their closer. Snell hasn't made a start yet, and over the next week and a half they're playing the Marlins, who if they keep hoping and dreaming, that'll soar the Cardinals the Astros before that series against Atlanta hits Dodger stating a week from today. I bet we'll be there on Friday for that one.
Speaker 3: Some kind of schedule that says we will potential NLCS preview Friday Maya.
Speaker 4: I can just hear the f Houston top story of the day, exactly right. And you know Snell's gonna get his and when he comes back, man.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the conversation.
Speaker 7: For the.
Speaker 1: Numbers are great.
Speaker 3: Dodger numbers are quite encouraging. Indeed, it's exciting, except they don't have the best record in baseball because it's our dear friends like Dolty Hi song, Hey hey hessng hat song, hes song, her song, he song, her song, exactly right, thank you, Steven uh hey song, Hey hey het song, hes song, hed song.
Speaker 4: Exactly Yeah, that's right. You got my mote pole, Miguel Rojas who are caring, and Max Munsey with three hundred average carrying the load. Take that ron say, exactly right.
Speaker 1: So things are good. You're happy about the doctor.
Speaker 4: Think about it. The people that have been complaining. You know what happened in San Francisco and they went three and four on that road trip. Well, Panic Brothers would have come out, Matt, No doubt Panic Brothers. They not won that last game in San Francisco, the Panic Brothers would have come out. They're on pass and with the Marlins in town, I felt good about the direction this is going in.
Speaker 1: Look up above your head, there's a fish flying over. Keep hoping and dreaming and you you're gonna soar. How was your weekend? Coming up?
Speaker 7: Down?
Speaker 3: Since an Arma horse Monday on the Petroson Money Show and some Modello meets you a lot of Monday on the Petrosen Money Shows.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Petro Money on demand.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, it's Petrosen Money on a Modello meets a lot of Monday. We just did a top story of the day. Matt says, the Dodgers are numerically in good shape, great shape.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Before we get to how is your weekend?
Speaker 3: I should mention you know we have the talkback button where people can talk on the internet on the app.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the app. They hit a button.
Speaker 3: It's all on the Internet and you hit a button on the app and you can talk to us. And this guy predicted, what the how was your weekend? Segment was going to be like?
Speaker 14: Today to talking and back to PMS talkbacks.
Speaker 7: Talkbacks you used to call the titters a response.
Speaker 1: So here it is the prediction of what how is your weekend is going to be like? From this listener.
Speaker 7: The following is a PMS show How was your weekend? Prediction? Tim Kats Executive producer.
Speaker 12: Friday started the game with pregame Dodgy talk, and it with postgame Dodger Talk Saturday pregame, then postgame Sunday pregame, post game and favorite board.
Speaker 7: And for me right wait, wait wait, Friday.
Speaker 3: Went kids, Okay, yeah, I think you do it A and b it No, I mean, I mean that takes us out of our order.
Speaker 6: Let me finish by the whole thing. I'm fortunately have to start it all over again.
Speaker 12: The following a PMS show, Ah, what are you doing? The following is a PMS show How was your weekend? Predict ended with postgame doctor talking, Saturday pregame, then postgame Sunday pregame, post came and favorite board in Berbank Ronnie Fossio. Friday went to the Dodge game and went to Loew's after domestic cures, then had to Margaret Reed a pull side. All right, all right, how was your weekend? Continued Matt Lenny Smith got up in the morning Saturday, went surfing with the Good Doctor. Got up in the afternoon, went to Preston's gig and took the band to a gig in Tustin. Petros Papadakis got up Saturday, did yoga, then took my own grateful kids to breakfast. They had a fit because they couldn't yet dessert. Went to a barbecue with hedge fund neighbor. Had only three drinks because I hate everyone, I hate people, I hate myself.
Speaker 1: He nailed it for me, Matt, how was your well? Do we have the intro? We have the intro for Sockbag. So how was your weekend? How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: We are your intro show. We did not. I had to work, so uh Saturday. Tip of the cap to pr legend Josh reughwrecked of the Chargers because we were up there. First pick was at nine am and stuck around until about five And when we showed up at the Bolt the Chargers facility, he had twenty breakfast burritos for us from Barons Oh the Barrezo burritos from Baron Jason Barron Mayn did that set the tone for the day.
Speaker 1: That is very strong.
Speaker 4: That is the best breakfast burrito I have ever ingested in my life. And it is not close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there he's gonna, I mean day, somebody wants to sell them in like Europe, somebody wants to sell them in New York.
Speaker 4: Sell him everywhere. Very happy for his success. That Charizo burrito is like, yeah, set the tone. Chargers hosted their draft party. I think two thousand tickets is what was given away, and it felt like all of them were there. It was pretty great. All the Key Messaitor who we took to on Friday, Great Guy Ronde, Gadsden, Tyler Biatis were there and then they had Los Lobos play for like a half hour, So great burrito. Los Lobos did the presser and then ended up doing the Chargers weekly after. So was there till about five or six and Sunday waves were terrible, but still went out and it was not good. Went to have some breakfast and with the family at Crema and yeah, not really a lot worked. So yeah, I mean, you know, draft weekend, man, We're not expected of you. Look how hard beach Rager works. Oh so hard, Kate.
Speaker 6: The listener is pretty accurate, except I just did pre on Friday, Saturday and Sunday because it's a home series and the Dodgers are sticking around for three more against the Marlins. The most exciting thing I did would to a bar. No, my wife had their school gala for Village Christian Saturday.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of stress on Leslie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of stress and so she was working all night Saturday. So did you go to the gallup? I did not go this year, So did not go. But yeah, Dodger pregame and then just didn't want to go by a study study. Last year went and had way too many drinks.
Speaker 4: Yeah that you bought a bunch of stuff at the auction.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 6: That's that's always a bad thing.
Speaker 1: You still to.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: Sunday night, I watched four episode for two of the Netflix series Whule Colgan Real American.
Speaker 7: It is fantastic.
Speaker 6: If you have time to digest and taken.
Speaker 3: Four, just watch The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke and no, you cannot okay this this You are the King of the Netflix documentary coming back on Monday sharing that you binged four, three or four episodes whatever these documentaries are.
Speaker 1: What about the one where the guys stole the plane? Have you done that one yet?
Speaker 6: I've watched that one.
Speaker 1: I want to do a barrel roll. Please don't, sir, go for it.
Speaker 6: But Matt, they get me because I start watching it and I think, I think this is one episode, one show, one movie. You know, it's four episodes long, six hours. So I watched that last night until about one o'clock in the morning. I loved it. They started filming and talking to Hulkgan months before he died, and then literally they didn't finish it because he died, and so the last episode is all about.
Speaker 7: When he died.
Speaker 4: They finished, you know, well the finished. He still had a couple more questions for him, very interesting unanswered.
Speaker 1: We need we still need to talk to him. Is there any way we.
Speaker 6: Can The whole series they did on v H one with the family the hogans Nose Best, very very interesting time in that family's life.
Speaker 1: So they'd ruined them.
Speaker 12: It did.
Speaker 3: Reality television would have guessed not the first family ruined by reality television.
Speaker 6: And do you know that Hulk cheated first and then the wife said, I'm gonna cheat on you since you cheated on me so very very I did know that.
Speaker 1: Let's keep it balanced.
Speaker 8: Ronnie had a nice weekend myself, and you know, the listener was kind of accurate in my weekend description. Friday, I did leave the station and drive to the stadium to catch the first game of the weekend with the Cubs.
Speaker 1: They lost.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Though the Dodgers ended up losing that game, it was great to hear the fans booing heckle Pca over a Dodger stadium, though they were calling him b M a big mouth armstrong. Oh and also heckling Craig Council for their stupid comments. Yeah, wearing Saturday, I took my dogs through the groomer. I did run some errands about town and watch some NBA playoff basketball. Saturday night, we gathered the family for dinner at Javier's in Pasadena, and as we were checking in right for our reservation, just waiting for our table, there this this dude rolls in right. He's a wearing balanced iaga, he's got a hat on, and my son looks over and says, what's up. Mickey Rowe sticks his hand out shakes his hand. Sure enough, Miguel Rojas was right there, standing right next to us, right. He turned his head, gave us the obligatory head nod, and then the major d quickly whisked him away to.
Speaker 1: The back pro athlete.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 6: I wonder if you got the gift card from Bassa, because you know he gives those out on the preg.
Speaker 1: I thought the same thing.
Speaker 8: I also had my head on a little bit of a swivel, thinking, hey, maybe some other guys are gonna walk back.
Speaker 1: I mean it surefit.
Speaker 8: It'd sure fit the situation as far as the game that it was about eight thirty almost nine o'clock, so I mean it figured that, you know, some some people would be rolling in. We didn't see anybody else though. The food was excellent and we had a great time. Pretty cool moment.
Speaker 6: How was the gift card that David gave you to us? Was that cool?
Speaker 7: The gift card?
Speaker 8: Uh, I don't give get gift cards. Somebody gives me anything here I got to buy my own stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Say.
Speaker 8: Sunday, we slept in a bit, went to visit the twins at Providence, and then home to domestic chores and pizza pie on National Pizza Day.
Speaker 1: They're still in the hospital.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well they are premies, so hopefully they'll be able to get out in the next twenty four to forty news How was your weekend?
Speaker 4: Petros?
Speaker 3: Well, wasn't that good? H Saturday, I went to my daughter's use soccer game. They won, okay, and uh after uh that. After that, we went to the Red Onion. I haven't been to the Red Onion with Michael Grannis, the real estate dad, in like three weeks.
Speaker 4: That's like forever.
Speaker 3: In Red Onion time. That might as well be like three semesters of college. So I was over there when the like, where you been, dude, where you been? No would they say that to their real estate dad, though?
Speaker 7: UH did?
Speaker 3: Drunk, I went to a neighborhood guy house I'd never visited before, and I admired his UCSB legacy bong that he showed me in the garage Loosten.
Speaker 1: This two foot is a legacy. I can't find an O ring.
Speaker 3: It's all the stuff is glass on glass and all the local smoke shops. I can't find an no ring to fix it?
Speaker 4: What do we do?
Speaker 3: On Saturday? I went to Sunday, I went to yoga and then I went to church at St. Catherine Greek Orthodox Church and saw a lot of my family and my brother was there, and then I went to my dad's show. My dad had a singing show yeah at Alvas sold out, so I didn't have to announce it.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 1: So he had a show at on Sunday at four, which is a real old people.
Speaker 4: Time, perfect time as far as I'm concerned. I love it.
Speaker 3: So I can't go to those shows sober and I was going alone because Fletcher had baseball practice, so I had to go to the the Bruco, the Sam peter A Bruco and have a beer. I had one with my sister and then I up and my sister like, my mom was supposed to have two tickets, one for me, one for my sister, and she angels whisks in there and I was like, my mom has two tickets for us, right, and she was like no. I was like, you're gonna charge me to go to my father's show. It charged me fifty.
Speaker 1: Bucks right after you, that's right. Where was it at Elvis and Sanan Pedro. It's beautiful venue. So I did that and watched him.
Speaker 6: So you paid the fifty bucks. You didn't go back to the bar.
Speaker 3: I should have. I told my the shows make me uncomfortable. I wish I could enjoy him. They make me uncomfortable. I wish they didn't, but they do.
Speaker 4: And you're nervous.
Speaker 1: The same reason.
Speaker 3: I'm uncomfortable in a lot of situations. But yeah, for whatever reason, I guess nerves would be a good way to describe it.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: So I had my brother bring his kids, the two little Japanese girls, so I was able to chase them around.
Speaker 4: I failed at it. One of the venue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, I can be like, oh, I'll take the baby out so I don't have to sit for you know, I left my heart in San Francisco. Unfortunately, I lost one of the little Japanese girls and she ran over and kicked my father's tea over middle of the show, and then he started to lose his voice.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, where's my tea?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: I was like, you've ruined the show. Basically, you've ruined the show. So that was nice, great show, Live Forestieri Alvas my father, what a wonderful night. We'll be I mean afternoon and we'll be back evening early, four o'clock night, no evening. Yeah, sun's still pretty high here in April. We can pass for evening fifty bucks, So I'm going to pay fifty bucks to be uncomfortable at a place. All right, cool, it's a bit of an ask, But you know what. I met a nice couple at the bar at the San Peter Brewing Company who are going on that beautiful three day cruise to Avalon and Mexico.
Speaker 4: Now that's a cruise.
Speaker 1: And they asked me where should we go in uh Catalina? And I said, you came to the right guy.
Speaker 4: I got to it.
Speaker 3: Marlin Club, El Galleon, Jail's locker, El Galleon, lu Al Larry's. Your troubles are over Antonio. So that guy bought me a couple of beers, so maybe that evens out. So you said you went for a beer, Well, I had one, and then I had one more, and then I lost a child that kicked my father's tea over. Just cunning Japanese child, almost sinister, incredibly smart.
Speaker 1: Who let her fill up the water that high?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Why didn't you tell me to bring my kids?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Anybody charged use two little Japanese kids because I had kept paid fifty bucks to get in here.
Speaker 1: It sucks. We'll be back with Mark