Speaker 1: iHeartRadio app has everything you need to make it a stream and good time like Halloween Radio.
Speaker 2: Where we ghost of the commercials trick or street radio just for the kids.
Speaker 1: Plus explore curated Halloween playlists perfect for party fives and more. Just open the free iHeartRadio app such Halloween Man, Listen.
Speaker 3: Now he Radio.
Speaker 1: This is America's Trucking Network with Kevin Gordon.
Speaker 4: Well them aboard.
Speaker 5: Thanks for tuning in on this Thursday morning. Who says nothing good happens after midnight, certainly not here on America's struck in Network.
Speaker 4: We prove that wrong every day.
Speaker 5: By the way, we got a little bit of a Weather News tropical Storm Jerry, actually Hurricane Jerry, topical storm a little stronger, expected to pass very near the northern Leeward Islands late later today and into tonight. So but the trajectory of this I mentioned yesterday that it looked like it was heading towards you know, Florida, and that it was the path looked like it was going to be heading north. But it is actually showing even more heading north and then east, so it's going to be heading out to sea. So hopefully all we're going to be getting is a little bit of storm surge and not a direct hit on America or you know, the continent of America.
Speaker 4: So that's good news.
Speaker 5: As if I needed another reason to eat more hamburgers.
Speaker 4: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Fast food chain Steak and Shake has started installing large American flags at its outlets across the country. The company said on October the fifth post on X they are going to be installing the tallest and biggest American flags at restaurants nationwide. The flag installations have begun at Steak and Shake. The company said every Steak in Shake is getting the tallest and biggest American flag that local governments will allow. Stake and Shake proudly announced to supporters on American Values and Traditions. Proudly supports Americans values and traditions. The post went viral, garnering six point four million views and nearly two hundred thousand likes as of Monday. But I'm sure even more then, according to Elon Musk, he posted on X I'm ordering from there tomorrow. Steak and Shake, based in Indiana, employees more than ten thousand people. According to LinkedIn, As of August, there were three hundred and sixty three hundred and ninety seven Steak and Shake restaurants across twenty four state territories in the United States, according to an August twentieth report by data company Scrape. Hero Stake and Shake announced and came as after Donald President Donald Trump signed an executive order on August the twenty fifth directing Eternal Attorney General Pam Bondi to prosecute people caught burning the flag or desecrating it in other ways. According to his post in his order, our great American Flag is the most sacred and cherished symbol of the United States of America and as and of American freedom, identity, and strength. Over nearly two and a half centuries, many thousands of American patriots have fought, bled, and died to keep the stars and strike waving proudly.
Speaker 4: The order said, burning the national flag.
Speaker 5: Is a statement of contempt, hostility, and violence against our nation, the clearest possible expression of opposition to the political union that preserves our rights, liberty, and security. Burning this representation of America may incite violence and riot. Now there's been a lot of pushback on this. You know, they talk about this being people burning the flag is a matter of First Amendment rights, free speech and so on. Now, the burning the flag was a form of political protests that became prevalent during the Vietnam War. Subsequently, the Flag Protection Act of nineteen sixty eight was passed, which banned burning and defiling the flag. The Supreme Court overturned the law in nineteen eighty nine, but nineteen years later No twenty one years later declaring the desecration of the American Flag is protected under the First Amendment, and in August twenty fifth statement, the Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression FIRE, named the acronym FIRE, opposed the executive order. Now, the purpose of this and talking about this possibly inciting riot would be justification for putting this into effect. Now, again, First Amendment people, you know, they expressing their you know, First Amendment rights, freedom of speech, burning the American flag and all that sort of stuff. But you know what they'll say is that, hey, it's just a piece of cloth. You know, it's it's just a representation of America. It is not America, and all this sort of stuff. And my answer to that is, well, if it's so insignificant, why do you burn it in the first place, Because you're trying to make a point, and the point is stupid, and if it incites a riot, and you know, you know, if you aggravate people, they're going to react. And so the fact that this is being put in place, I applaud this, the fact that Steak and Shake is saying, you know what, we are a proud company. We are a proud American company, and we're going to stand by that as much as possible, and installing as large a flag as will be allowed by these individual communities show the positive patriotic spirit of that company towards America. And like I said, all I need is one more reason to go out and buy more hammers and eat more Hamburgers. Next thing you know, they'll be putting up flags at different pizza chains too, and so there goes my diet.
Speaker 4: But you know, I don't mind.
Speaker 5: Yesterday I mentioned that Donald Trump and Mark Carey, the Prime Minister of Great Britain, we're meeting and they were talking about the trade negotiations and so on, and there's been other stories. There have been some additional stories as a result of that. I'm going to follow up on that. President Donald Trump said he expects us and Canada can get there on a resolution to their dispute over sectoral.
Speaker 4: Tariffs on steel, aluminum, and autos.
Speaker 5: Trump made his remarks in an Oval Office meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney on August, well actually August October the seventh, two days ago, where the presidents described the disagreements between the countries as natural conflicts because they're competing for the same businesses. Quoted by Donald Trump, That's why I keep mentioning. One of the ways to solve that problem is the very easy way, Trump said, and an apparent reference to his suggestion that Canada should become the fifty first state, an idea that was widely opposed by Canadians.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure they would.
Speaker 5: But when he made that comment, watching the press conference, Carney smiled and kind of laughed a little bit, knowing that this is kind of a trolling, if you will, or just kind of a little bit of a nudge or something like it.
Speaker 4: And he gets the joke. And that's the important thing.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: Initially, when he met with Trump back in what was at April or May, it was confrontational and Trump was kind of needling him and he said, you know, certain things are not for sale, and you know as a real estate developer that that's not possible and we're probably not going to We're definitely not going to do that. What I didn't know, and I probably should have known at the time, is that with Carney just being elected in April, I didn't know his background. Mark Carney's second visit to the White House since becoming Prime Minister earlier this year, with a trading relationship worth nine hundred billion dollars on the line, the former central banker one election in April, so he is approaching this from a banking standpoint. He understands economics, and he understands what Donald Trump is trying to do. And the fact that Donald Trump needles him is he gets it. He gets the joke and he gets the idea and to the point where the two get along. I got to tell you, watching that press conference, I was very encouraged by the talks and how these two interacted to the point where they understood each other. They know where each other is coming from, and both want to have a deal that's good for their own countries.
Speaker 4: And this is the whole point.
Speaker 5: When you are the representative of a particular country, if you're the prime minister or if you're the president of a particular country, you want your country to succeed. You are not the president or the prime minister of Europe, You're not the Prime minister of France, You're not the president of any other country. You are the president of the United States. And he is the Prime Minister of Canada. Of course, they want both of their countries to do well, and they want to come to a mutual agreement.
Speaker 4: A lot of the stuff that they talked about.
Speaker 5: I just got the most comfortable feeling listening to these two talks. Carneal told Trump that Canada is the US largest foreign investor, suggested that the pace of investment may accelerate probably one trillion in the next five years as we get the agreement. There are areas where we compete, and those areas where we have to come to an agreement that works, as Carney said, but there are some areas where we are stronger together and that's what we're focused on. Pick this up coming up, I'm Kevin Gordon, america'struck a Network seven hundred WLW DO.
Speaker 1: This is the Reething report on America's trucking network on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: There are reports that NASCAR is looking in to modify its playoff system to crown a champion in the future. It's a playoff system for the past few years, but for many years it was a points system. The King Richard Petty, in his longtime Hall of Fame crew chief Dale Enman, talks about this on the Petty Podcast.
Speaker 8: I still think to have a champion of NASCAR that is a year long championship. It's not a one race championship. It's not a four race championship. It should be if we were in thirty six races, who is the best out of those thirty six they should be the champion.
Speaker 9: I'm with Richard on that first race start at thirty six races, a in it and whoever's got the most points as a champion.
Speaker 7: Also, Chip Canassi Racing has announced it's expanding against indie NXT program to four cars for the twenty twenty six season. N HR officials have announced at Dodge and Direct Connection have been named the title sponsor of the upcoming fall race at the Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Speaker 1: Need This is the racing repard on America's Trucking Network on seven hundred WLW, say Dennis at ATN.
Speaker 4: You've got a ton of equity in your home. You're sitting on a gold mine.
Speaker 10: You can do so much with all that cash, like travel, invest it, or payoff debts, but you can't more.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, But Mike, do you think people believe car over me? Well, you are the phantom tire buyers exactly.
Speaker 11: You're one stop for advertising called eight four four eight four four.
Speaker 4: iHeart.
Speaker 5: I'm Kevin Gordon, America's truck and Network seven hundred. WLW, continuing this discussion about Trump, says US Canada can get there on a tariff deal again.
Speaker 4: I gotta emphasize watching.
Speaker 5: The two of these two guys, Mark Carney and Donald Trump talking, it was just so refreshing to see. You know, you start off with that adversarial type of a situation back in May when they first met, and then they get over that and then get to the point where they start negotiating. That's how adults do things. Now there is this thought and there is this discussion as to how you approach a particular discussion. I go back to a movie and a play that I just absolutely love, and I watch it as often as I can it's called seventeen seventy six.
Speaker 4: It's a musical.
Speaker 5: It's a musical play and was adapted into a in nineteen seventy two about the signing of the Declaration of Independence and the discussion back and forth all the people and how they arrived at the decision. Very historically accurate on a lot of the stuff that was discussed in there. Two of the main characters, John Adams and Ben Franklin. John Adams was kind of a They describe him during the play and in a particular song as being obnoxious and disliked because he's one of these and history points out that he was kind of a very confrontational type of an individual. He was one of these people that would just go for it with full gusto. Ben Franklin, on the other hand, was the diplomat. He would try to work behind the scenes to get things done with the bombast of John Adams getting the ball moving that Ben frankl would come behind and try to smooth things over. I experienced that with a group that we formed here in well, in my home city or in my home county in northern Kentucky, Campbell County, when we formed a group group called the Independent Business Association of Northern Kentucky. We were trying to get certain things done, and get certain things done as far as the various county commissioners, trying to lower tax rates, trying to get certain things accomplished, trying to eliminate or actually eliminate the talk of having tolls in the Brent Spnz Bridge, and some other things that were going on.
Speaker 4: And I don't want to go into.
Speaker 5: All the details, but I found during those negotiations of dealing with the city commitssion or county commissioners and even the cities themselves that I am kind of more of the John John Adams type where I just want to go for I want to, you know, kind of rattle the things a little bit and point out to where the ignorance of these people are going. One of the members of the organization people kept referring to them as Switzerland because he would come in and try to make phone calls, go have lunch with the people, kind of smooth things over, and then try to arrange some sort of you know, off the books type of discussions. But the combination of the two of us we got an awful lot accomplished and got some things changed in all the counties in northern Kentucky as and you know, not only in Campbell County, with Kenton County and Boone County as well. And so it's kind of this contract. Donald Trump's more of a is more of a John Adams type of an individual where he will kind of, you know, kind of shock people at first with some of the stuff that he does, but then as a result in the negotiation, getting the negotiation started, and then as a result of looking at those negotiations, adapt and adjust where he's coming from in order to get something accomplished. And this is what I saw between the two of them when they were discussing this in the Oval Office. US tariffs on steel, auto lumber or battering key Canadian industries and UGUS. First, Trump raised levies on goods that don't comply with the US Mexico Canadian agreement to thirty five and thirty and twenty from twenty five percent. The trade war has caused losses and put a chill on business investment, pushing Canada's economy to contract in the second quarter.
Speaker 4: Again, when you look at the.
Speaker 5: Type of trade negotiations or what tariffs were in place, prior to April the second Liberation Day, when Donald Trump started announcing these various tariffs. Looking at the chart on some of the items that were charged, two hundred and ninety nine percent tariff on our dairy goods going into Canada, and we hardly charge any tariffs on their stuff coming into the United States.
Speaker 4: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: The fact that we don't sell much products over there creates problems as far as our economy is concerned, job losses or individual businesses not being able to expand as much as they could. And the fact that this market is just across the border should be a natural partner for us. And the fact that this was a trade in balance in the terraffs rout of whack. Something needed to be done. Now, I guess you could have done something more in the way of at Ben Franklin type of thing, a behind the scenes kind of soft negotiations and that type of thing, but a lot of times that takes more time. And by Trump coming in on Liberation Day and slapping these tariffs on pending the negotiation. Now remember when he did this, he was talking about the fentanyl increase, the drugs coming up from Mexico, and drugs coming in from Canada and kind of a penalty on that. They started clamping down in Canada, they started clamping down in Mexico. To comply with that, he rolled back and adjusted some of the terriffs and then kept some of the tariffs in place, trying to get more of a fair trade as opposed to free trade. You can have all the free trade you want, but if your products can be sold in these other countries because of the import duties and the trade negotiations and the problems with their import situation as well as tariffs, all the free trade in the world isn't going to do anything because you can't sell your products there. So by negotiating these tariffs and again it's more of a bombastic way of doing it bought up to this point has been effective, and especially with Canada the way carneye being a central banker, coming from a business background and understanding economics, realized this and said, Okay, you know.
Speaker 4: You've made your point. Now let's discuss these things.
Speaker 5: And I'm just amazed at how this is going on. Carney offered an olive branch to Trump in August when he announced lifting of most of Canada's retaliatory teriffs on imports from the US. Carney's predecessor, Justin Trudeau, imposed counter tariffs of about sixty billion dollars Canadian forty three billion dollars American American dollars of US products. Canada new policy on counter teriffs is to apply them to areas where the UF tariffs US tariffs are in place, such as steel and aluminum. This is the way stuff gets done between adults. You make your point, then you negotiate, you come back, and you make some sort of an agreement. We're working on formulas, according to Trump. He said, we're working on formulas, and I think we'll get there. Carney's top negotiators include Cabinet Minister responsible for US Trade Dominic LeBlanc, and Canada's ambassador in US, Kristin Hillman, and still pushing for a near term deal that would see some sectoral tariffs lowered or dropped. Dropped tariffs being dropped, big surprise, something that I don't think would be done by the soft approach and negotiating these things behind the scenes and trying to work here, trying to work there, but you get it out in front of everybody. Till everybody understands the unfairness, and then that puts them on the spot to negotiate and if their economy is suffering or which a lot of people are saying that these foreign countries, their economies are suffering because of the tariffs. Again, as I've been saying in the past, you guys are the ones that are in control.
Speaker 4: You are the ones that have the higher terriffs.
Speaker 5: You're preventing us from selling our goods into your country, which affects American jobs, affects the amount of goods that are transferred and trucked by our truckers. You out there in the audience, and it boosts your ability to transport more products for export purposes. And I probably the how would you say, the most delicate way of doing things, Probably the most soft way of doing things. But it's sure as hell has been effective. And what was funny also during this Oval Office press conference, Donald Trump was saying to the Prime Minister, he said, you know, our ambassador there was a comment, and the ambassador to Canada spoke up, and Trump paused in a moment while the guy was asking the question or making the comment, he goes, he goes, is he doing a pretty good job, because if he isn't, Mark, I'll fire him right now. And the two of them just laughed like it was like a couple of guys the way things normally are.
Speaker 4: It's just amazing.
Speaker 5: I just can't talk about how great it was to watch these two communicate and go back and forth. And there will be a deal done. It'll be fair for both countries. And because Mark Harney is concerned about his country doing well and Donald Trump is concerned about our company doing our country doing well. I'm Kevin Gordon, America's Truck and Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: News Traffic and weather news radios seven hundred WLW Cincinnati. Ground delays are now taking off with your twelve thirty report.
Speaker 4: I'm Travis Laird breaking now.
Speaker 3: The government shutdown is pushing America's air traffic control system to its limit. Controllers are working without pay, and several major facilities are reporting staffing shortages.
Speaker 4: Here's ABC's will reave.
Speaker 10: Growing gridlock for travelers across the country as the government shutdown hits air travel hard.
Speaker 4: The FAA warning.
Speaker 10: Of staff shortages at at least eight major locations, threatening delays and cancelations. In Las Vegas, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Boston, Newark, Atlanta, and Nashville. Smaller airports like the one in Burbank, California, hit hardest. Some control towers forced to shut down for hours on end.
Speaker 3: The FAA says it's working to keep planes moving, but as the shutdown continues, the risk of disruption is only climbing ladies.
Speaker 12: Forecast from the Train Heating and Cooling Weather Center on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: So we head to Thursday morning, It's clear skies, a morning low of forty three degrees. The rest of our Thursday sunny, cooler, a high as sixty five at night, clear, colder, a lot of areas in the thirties. Cincinnati's low of forty from your Severe Weather Station, I'm nine First Warning, Chief Meteorologist Steve Rawley, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Right now fifty degrees and clear in Cincinnati. Cincinnati Taco Week is back October thirteenth through the nineteenth, a full week of two fifty tacos across the Try State. More than forty restaurants are in on it, with classics like Condado and El Vocero to wild cards like Blue Ash Chili and lucius Q Bandidos is serving a Cincy Chili taco, Freed Does has a Brussels sprout version, and spear Ridge Cafe is going with blackened catfish. Sponsors include Corona, Don Julio and Jarritos, and several spots have matching rin specials. It's a week to try something new, one two fifty taco at a time. Lee Mallen tell us about Sports.
Speaker 12: Seven one hundred WLW Sports New Bengals quarterback Joe Flacco, who will were number sixteen, has been named the starter for Cincinnat's Week six contest in Green Bay.
Speaker 13: Also on Wednesday, defensive n Chamar Stewart and offensive guard Lucas Patrick were back practicing, both limited. However, guard Dylan Fairchild did not practice due to a knee injury. The Bengals visit the Packers Sunday afternoon for a four to twenty five kickoff.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Lee Mawen.
Speaker 3: You will hear from Lee Mawen at the next update, which is at one o'clock. Breaking news anytime. I'm Travis Laird News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: At Saint Jude.
Speaker 12: Researchers are working around the clock to find new ways to combat the deadliest childhood cancers.
Speaker 4: This is a Saint Jude moment.
Speaker 11: My name is Joel and I was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, which is bonecam sir, and I came to Saint Jude as a seven year old because doctors had discovered a tumor in my right shoulder. Saint Jude was amazing early on, you know, even as a seven year old. They found a way to explain it to me, to have other people talk to me. By the time I walked out of here seven months after the amputation, I was fully adjustedly using my left arm, you know, so I could jump right back into school and have no qualms or no worries about that at all. So I'm lucky enough to be married to Lindsay, who is also another former Saint Jude patients, who I actually.
Speaker 4: Met at a Saint Judah fo. She was in the middle of her treatment.
Speaker 11: I had finished mine just a couple of years before and just told her I loved her. Luckily, she reciprocated told me the same thing back, and we were fortunate enough to get married on the Saint Jude campus.
Speaker 2: Saint Jude Children's Research Hospital Finding cures saving children.
Speaker 4: Learn more at Saint Jude dot org.
Speaker 3: The free iHeartRadio app that makes your car radio jealous.
Speaker 14: Live radio presets lyrics for songs, and the most podcast on the planet.
Speaker 4: Plus it all sits in your pocket.
Speaker 15: You can get product from just about anybody these days. The difference maker is in what comes along with that. That's Starfire.
Speaker 4: We've built a.
Speaker 15: Brand around providing high quality lubricants that come with the next level sales, support, team, services and delivery.
Speaker 4: Now of the best in America, the best in the industry.
Speaker 15: Give us a call at eight eight eight two five eight eight seven two three to see for yourself, or visit starfire dot com to learn more. We're breaking the mold Starfire.
Speaker 16: Here's your trucking forecast for the Try State and the rest of the country and the Try sit over night, clear skies, the low dropping down to forty four, sunny Thursday highs in the mid sixties, more sunshine Friday high of seventy one going into the weekend mostly Sunday, Saturday high of seventy three. Sunday sunny skies highs in the lower seventies. Nationally, there will be an increase in moisture in the southwest ahead of Hurricane Priscilla over the next few days, leading to a thread of flash flooding. Meanwhile, at developing coastal low we'll start to bring the thread of coastal flooding gussy winds in heavy rain to the east coast late this week.
Speaker 5: Seven hundred WLW. I'm Kevin Gordon is americastruct A Network. If you miss any part of our program or any of our other shows, make sure you hit up that iHeartRadio app brought to you by our friends at Rush Truck Centers, and we certainly appreciate that. Talk about tariffs and continuing kind of the trend here, Trump delays US tariffs on heavy truck imports to November the first again.
Speaker 4: All these import trucks Volvo.
Speaker 5: And Diimer, Diaimler North America, these foreign countries bringing their trucks into the United States. Tariffs We're supposed to go on those trucks October the first again, based on the progress and negotiations, how things are moving forward. That talking about from the various dealers and the companies in the United States, how this affects them. These things are negotiated and then adjusted accordingly. When you start seeing some movement as far as the tariff's discussion and import discussions, then you start adjusting that and again. So he postponed this until November, the first before these tariffs would go into effect, to get more time to get some of these negotiations going. President Trump said the twenty five percent duties on medium and the heavy duty trucks would begin November one, the latest expansion of his tariff regime aimed at protecting domestic industry. I have a note here because this story was done by Bloomberg News. They are more than a bubble or two left of center. So they're one of the folks in the spoon feder regurgitators in the mainstream media that are always criticizing the Trump administration, criticizing his economic policies, and really the news agency itself along with the rest of the spoon federalcgurgitators.
Speaker 4: In the mainstream media.
Speaker 5: Ninety four percent of the coverage of Donald Trump and his economic policies have been trashed by them, even though they are very effective. And this is, you know, this is the problem is that when you see ninety four percent negative coverage, no wonder a lot of people have a bad idea or bad thoughts in terms of what's going on in the economy. But everything that we're seeing in terms of spending, retail sales, car sales, used truck sales and stuff, all these things are surprisingly unexpectedly better than expected.
Speaker 4: So you know, where is the negativity? Who's wrong?
Speaker 5: If things are going along well and they're talking about things going badly, I would say their credibility is more on the line as opposed to what the truth is as far as what's coming out of the Trump administration. But again, they have to throw these digs in there. The latest expansion of his tariff regime, let me see the proposal has been subject to intense lobbying campaign by Detroit's legacy automakers. Trump originally said last month that the heavy duty truck levies would start October the first, but that timeline slipped as officials heard appeals from companies concerned about the impact. Again, you adjust what you're doing based on the new information, data and progress of the talks. It's kind of almost like a football game. You go in with a particular game plan, you say that this is how we're going to go, and this is what the plays we're going to run in the first quarter. This is the defense that we're going to be using against what we anticipate the other team to do. But once you get on the field and things happen, you don't keep with the game plan if it ain't working, so you make adjustments. That's why you have during the halftime. You see sometimes in some of these games where the momentum is going in one way and because of adjustments done during halftime, the momentum switches the other way. So it's you know, like I said, it's like a football game. You adjust to what is going on. If they're doing certain things that you don't have a defense, you adjust your defense to maybe counterbalance that. If things aren't working as far as your offense is concerned, if your running game isn't doing well, then you switch to maybe a run pass the offense, play action passes, staying not staying in the pocket, rolling out, doing different things counterplace. All these kinds of things that you put into place in order to adjust your game plan to make a success. And this again is what's going on here. Beginning November one, twenty twenty five, all medium and heavy duty trucks coming into the United States from other countries will be tariffed at the rate of twenty five percent, the president posted October the sixth, without offering further details. Trump's announcement is tied to a probe launched in April by the Commerce Department into heavy truck imports. That investigation conducted under Section two thirty two of the Trade Expansion Act. The imposition of import taxes on goods deemed critical to national security. Our automobile manufacturers, our truck manufacturers, our American jobs are a matter of national security. And the stronger our businesses are, the better that we will be able to have commerce within this country and be able to have a strong economy. So it is a national emergency the fact that you put these in place. And again, if they don't want the tariffs on their products, then reduce your tariffs on stuff coming into your country so that we can balance out this trade and come to a mutual understanding. So again the ball is in their court. If they don't want twenty five percent increases on their trucks coming into the United States, then they can lower their prices and lower their tariffs. Trump's announcement, let's see tried the probe focused on medium and heavy duty trucks weighing more than ten thousand pounds, as well as parts, with Commerce stating that the smaller number of foreign suppliers made up the bulk of US imports due to predatory trade practices. One of the things, again Donald Trump pulling back the curtain and talking about certain things which had been going on for years. All of a sudden, you see how many companies or how much business has gone overseas, the manufacturing and stuff that we need here in the United States. How our Congress, Senate and presidents at the time allowed all these jobs to go overseas at at the cost of our businesses, our manufacturing businesses here in the United States. So trying to pull that back now, mind you, this is something remember when Trump first became president, or around the time that Trump was running in twenty sixteen and Obama was out.
Speaker 4: There says, what are you going to do?
Speaker 5: Wave a magic wand and have all these manufacturing jobs come back to the United States. It's never going to happen. Well, Barry, don't you get tired of being right all the time? Because it certainly is headed in that direction. We're bringing a lot of manufacturing jobs back to the United States and beefing up the automobiles businesses and the manufacturing in this country. The duties threatening an industry already reeling impacts from terriffs on steel, aluminum as well as tighter environmental regulations. Now again they have to throw this in on environmental regulations. A lot of these regulations that have been rolled back and stuff were not a matter of reality, and the fact that our businesses were suffering and our companies were being fined because of these unrealistic expectations was a drain on these companies and for no really benefit as far as the environment is concerned, because some of these regulations were ridiculous. And I point out the fact that again you take you know, when you're talking about environmental and talking about pollution, look at a truck. It takes sixty trucks today to equal the emissions of one truck back in nineteen eighty eight. That's how far we've come in terms of pollution control, pollution improvement, and eliminating of pollutants going into the air. Tailpipe emissions on cars are about ninety something around the range of ninety nine percent cleaner than what they were back in the beginning of the nineteen nineties. So we have come a long way, and there's still room to go, but we're heading in the right direction. Trump's planning terraff on import heavy duty trucks are a huge win for American auto workers and US manufacturing, according to Nick Aya Cavello, the Coalition for Prosperous Prosperous America. Now, of course they have to throw in here again, this is a bloomberg artic, a protectionist group. Well, if you are an American company, and if you are an American president, don't you want your company country to do well, and shouldn't you be doing things that protect the workers, protect your industries, protect your manufacturing. How was that? That's pro American? That's not protectionists. Pick this up in a little bit more. We've got some other mischief. Get into I'm Kevin Gordon, America's truck in Network seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: You know what your customers are doing right this second, the exact same thing you are listening to me, which, let's be honest, is kind of flattering. But my point is, adds on iHeartRadio actually get heard in the car at the gym, on the couch while people are walking their dogs.
Speaker 4: Who's a good boy? Who's a good buoy? You're a good boy. That's right. Do you a good book?
Speaker 2: So why not make the next ad about you? Get started today called eight four four eight four four iHeart or go to iheardadvertising dot Com? That's eight four four eight four four iHeart or iheardadvertising dot com?
Speaker 17: Where with Bridget whose husband won't be home for months and whose daughter is due any day. Where with Mike, who's leaving home to protect his family and yours.
Speaker 4: We're with all.
Speaker 17: Service members and their families who need community, connection and maybe a bit of magic.
Speaker 4: Are you with them? Learn more at USO dot org.
Speaker 6: Today Where with Liam after his fourth military move, when being new is starting to get old. We're with Tara during the holidays when she misses home the most. We're with all service members and their families who need connection, comfort, and a home away from home.
Speaker 4: Are you with them?
Speaker 16: Learn more at USOM Insurance.
Speaker 2: You're text truck owners with specialized coverages for heavy drugs ensure commercial vehicles from pickup trucks band and you.
Speaker 14: Held onto them just in case.
Speaker 3: But did you know.
Speaker 14: Holding onto unused opioids puts your family at risk. Opioids are powerful pain reducing prescription medicines, but most people who are prescribed opioids don't finish their prescriptions, So millions of unused opioids are sitting at homes across the country, and tragically, more than one hundred Americans die every day from overdoses involving opioids. What can you do to protect your family? Remove the risk of unused opioids from your home, pills patches or syrups and drawers, purses and cabinets anywhere they might be hiding. To find out how to dispose of them properly, visit www dot FDA dot gov slash drug disposal.
Speaker 18: I'm Soinolahampton. Every day millions of people faith hunger. Today I will share with you some of their experiences. I'm stuck between paying for medications or paying for food. John for Maine. After paying my bills, I can buy groceries. It's sad to say food comes last. Alice from Oregon. I thought pantries were for less fortunate people, but anybody could be less fortunate in a day or even a second. Claire from Virginia, the Feeding America Network of food Banks helps provide over six billion meals to people in need each year. No one should have to worry where their next meal will come from. Together, we can end hunger. Learn more at Feeding America dot org.
Speaker 1: Live from the seven hundred WLW studios driven by Mike Cashtrocy Deep and fair Found Now recognized as the largest volume cheap dealer in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. Mike Cash Tracy JIV is the number one jeep dealer in the tri State. That's Mike Cash Strucy JIB in Fairfax.
Speaker 5: This is America's trucking network, seven hundred WLW. I'm Kevin Gordon. Hey, how's about some How's about some more good news?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 5: US chicken prices fall eighteen percent from summer peak. What they said inflation was going to continue, the terrorists, We're going to throw us into a recession. That all this stuff, the economic policies of this administration weren't going to be working again, don't theyk it't tired of being right all the time. As Americans had heated the catchphrase and indeed eight more chicken during beef spike, poultry producers raked in profits now falling chicken prices may be bringing that rally to an end. Spot Chicken prices in the US have fallen eighteen percent since the summer barbecue season peak. At key production indicators suggest supply is finally catching up with booming consumer demand. Some of the largest global meat producers, including JBS, Tyson.
Speaker 4: Foods and Cargill, Inc.
Speaker 5: Have leaned on poultry profits to cushion losses of their beef business, which have been impacted by the worst US cattle shortage in decades. So when you hear people talking about high beef prices, and I've had this conversation with some people, kind of a side note. Two weekends ago, there was a fiftieth fiftieth reunion of my class from Xavier University from nineteen seventy five, and some of the people that I ran into there heard that I was a radio talk show host. Went to my Facebook page and a couple of the back came up to me said, are you really that conservative? Yeah, and probably not as much as I put forth on Facebook. I can be a little bit more than that. Why and started talking about they wanted to talk about inflation. They said, oh, you know, we're paying all kinds of money for beef, and I said, well, you know there's alternatives to that. You can do certain other things, and it ain't a result of And of course they were saying, well, you know, beef prices are up because of tariffs. I said, no, if you look at our cattle, if you go dig into the numbers as I have done, you see that our cattle herds are at the levels of where they were back in the fifties and sixties, and so with the increase in population, they're not producing enough a cattle and they're not producing enough beef. This is starting to change a little bit, but again we are still doing some imports from other countries. But again this is a matter of the shortage in the United States has nothing to do with terriffs. It has more to do with not having the proper supply for the demand. And here it is showing this out the worst US cattle shortage in decades. A turn in chickens, futures or fortunes could leave companies more exposed to the prolonged beef slump, which isn't expected to improve significantly before twenty twenty eight. Well, I would suggest then to those countries companies rather that if they're having these problems, hey, you know, get.
Speaker 4: The cattle together, you know, hook up.
Speaker 5: The males, you know, with the females, and maybe produce a little bit more.
Speaker 4: You know. It's kind of a simple solution. You know. You've got to herd.
Speaker 5: You've got males, you got females, you got you know, cows, and you got you know whatever. Just go ahead and do some I don't know, take them with cattle singles, bar or something, I don't know, but improve your cattle production. US has seen an increase in the number of chicken plays, improved egg fertility rates, and seasonally strong poultry slaughtering numbers, all pointing to rising meat supply. The Department of Agricultures. So again you have higher meat supply, the chicken, higher supplies, the demand is there, prices start coming down. According to Banco Bradesco BBI analysts Enrique were Stolen and Pedro Fontana said in a note, we are seeing signs that the cycle could be heading down to a supply bottlenecks appearing to have increasingly solved. Meat suppliers shares have been under pressure too. JBS, the world's largest meat producer, has lost eighteen percent over the past month and falling to the lowess since July twenty twenty three. Pilgrim's Pride Corporation, which is controlled by JBS Tyson andrig Mar Frigg Global Foods Essay have also seen clients. So when you start adjusting your supply, and you start increasing your supply and the demand is there, then the prices start coming down. And as we've seen, people have adjusted if meat prices, if stake prices, if beef prices are.
Speaker 4: High, they switch to chicken.
Speaker 5: And when you switch to chicken, you know, in some cases a little bit healthier for you. And it's just a matter of adjusting your family diet or grocery purchases based.
Speaker 4: On what's available.
Speaker 5: And as we've seen, we've seen in certain areas where certain prices have been have gone up, people have stopped buying those products and then all of a sudden, miraculously, those prices start coming down. They start adjusting their game plan, if you will, back to what the market is doing and adjusting that accordingly. Let's take a look real quick at the oil and gas prices before we have to scoot out the door.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: West Texas Intermediate CRUED currently is a sixty two dollars and seventy two cents a barrel. That is up almost well, actually a dollar or one point six percent or one point six oho percent. Brent crude currently is sixty six dollars and thirty nine cents. That is up almost a dollar or one point four to four percent. Now, just since January the twentieth, when Trump took office, West Texas intermediate crud is down fourteen dollars and seventeen cents a barrel, That is a eighteen percent decrease. Brent crude currently at sixty six thirty nine is down thirteen dollars and fifty one cents, or a seventeen percent decline in refiner or in oil prices. And I keep talking about the fact that I would like to see gas prices adjust accordingly, because again, if you've got oil going into the refinery at a cheaper price the refining process, Now there are certain increases in chemicals and stuff that they do at the refining process in order to produce gas, heating oil, and diesel. Those cost factors go into place, but they have been offset by the input in terms of oil prices. And I would like to see and we should be seeing or should have seen, about a ten percent or so decrease in my opinion as far as gas and diesel is concerned. And we're starting to see a little bit of break in that because current national average of gasoline had been riding around three. Now this is across the board writing around three dollars and fourteen cents and above on average per gallon throughout the United States. We are seeing that coming down. It's now down around three dollars and eleven cents thereabouts. Now, this is kind of that number is a little bit inaccurate, if you will, because when you look at the gasoline prices in California, when you look at gasoline prices in California averaging across the board California at four dollars and sixty six cents a gallon, that is going to throw off the national average because if you look at a state like Oklahoma, their average gasoline prices in that state are two dollars and sixty cents. California compared to Oklahoma is two dollars and six cents higher per gallon. We're talking about gasoline, and because of the restrictions, because of the stupidity of California with all the they basically have their own market over there where they require certain additives to the individual gasoline in order for pollution control, and this is driving up the prices there. Plus any of the this requires special refining, which some of these refiners in California are shutting down because of the environmental restrictions from California. So the supply that they have, they're putting the restrictions and additives on the gasoline. And this movement over there that they want to eliminate gas internal combustion engines by twenty thirty five is putting pressure on the prices over there. And then with all this environmental stuff that they've done over the last twenty thirty years or so, the wildfires in twenty twenty reduced all of their advancement as far as clean air, eliminated everything they did done up until twenty twenty. Then when you throw on top of that the fires and the pollution were caused back in January in Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: That further pushed that back. So if you just have left.
Speaker 5: Gasoline alone and those pollution controls and controlled your wildfires and controlled your forestation out there, you'd have been better off out there in California as far as pollution is concerned. But again, that would make you know, that would require some common sense and some business thinking and stop liberal nonsense on the part of Gavin Newsom and the nuts out there in California.
Speaker 4: Well, folks, that does it for US states.