Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: All right, the Dodgers are getting set for a doubleheader in the Bronx, and I'm joined right now by one of the Dodgers super relievers. I say one of them, because the Dodger bullpen has been phenomenal all season long. And that's the one and only Tanner Scott. Thanks a lot for the time this morning, Tanner.
Speaker 3: Thanks Dave, Thanks a double header day. Thanks, You're welcome.
Speaker 4: How do I look? How do I look right now?
Speaker 3: I mean tired? I mean no good good.
Speaker 1: It's probably uh not Travis made might be missing man it is, and those genes might be Travis Mathews.
Speaker 4: I just meant the face.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know what I'm there.
Speaker 4: So what did you do with your night off in New York? Last night?
Speaker 1: Hung out with the family, went to uh is it called Lego World or just just Lego Lego Lego store and bought some Legos for my son.
Speaker 4: That's a very wholesome night in New York.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I wanted to stay inside.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tanner, on a daylight today.
Speaker 2: We all know about starters and players, but for relievers, how do you guys prepare mentally and physically for a double header.
Speaker 1: One game out of time. Yeah, I mean it's just one game at a time. We got a Yama starting game one, so that's huge. And then I mean just go out there and try to get the first win and then move on to the second.
Speaker 2: You guys have a routine before every game, will you repeat that routine between games? I mean, well, you guys go out there and throw, you stretch.
Speaker 1: Some some guys might go out there and throw in between, but I mean usually some guys will do stuff in here like bios or something. But it's all about getting your body right. Worst case scenario, you can go down to the bullpen and they called down.
Speaker 3: You just throw a little more.
Speaker 1: But uh no, I don't know how many guys have done twelve seven double headers, but yeah, it all works out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it always does. Tanner Scott is our guest. This bullpen has a group. I know you're not about yourself, but as a group, have you guys been able to put it together in different ways? Because you look at your style completely different than Jack Dryer or completely different than how Alex Vesia does it. Do you feel like that's an advantage. How you guys give hitters different looks.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, yeah, I mean everyone everyone in our bullpen's got great stuff. Jack has a pretty great curveball he uses. And then Vessa's change up just came out of no or So that's sweet.
Speaker 3: No, just going out there and just being who you are.
Speaker 4: Vesia has been working on that change up.
Speaker 3: It's good. Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: I usually I don't really stand by him during catch play, but yesterday I saw it and I was like, Okay, I see.
Speaker 3: I see what it.
Speaker 2: Is as a reliever when you're trying to develop a new pitch like he is and use it in a game.
Speaker 4: I got two pitches, I know, but as far as he can.
Speaker 3: I got two bitches. You can look at my track record I throwing one change up in the big leagues.
Speaker 4: I know, I went to the backstop.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: But do you do you appreciate how a guy trusts like that new pitch in a game.
Speaker 4: That's kind of a leap of faith.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was working on a late last year.
Speaker 1: And I mean, if you go in a full offseason, I mean, and you work on it, and then I mean, our pitching coaches are great that hear that, just tell him to throw it during like catch play, long toss.
Speaker 3: I mean that's when you get a feel of it. And he used it all off season, so it's been good.
Speaker 2: Tanner at Gardo Enriquez a man of mystery. Obviously English is not his first language.
Speaker 4: What can you do?
Speaker 3: He's awesome, He's awesome.
Speaker 1: Today he's wearing a messag jersey, so I don't understand that it's not Venezuela, but I'll give it to him.
Speaker 2: So what have you seen as far as growth from him from last year to this year?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Just's he's comfortable. He's comfortable, confident and just goes out there and he knows how to attack and he's got great stuff.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like he's evolving into a picture more than a thrower.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 5: I mean he's twenty four or five and he throws up to one hundred and four, so I mean he's definitely from when I was with the Padres and I saw him throw when he first debuted, and.
Speaker 3: He was he had a live arm. But now it's like he's a pitcher.
Speaker 4: I did some research on you, Tanner.
Speaker 1: Scott one change up as a research to the backstop Anthony Rendo.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, you make it sound like it was yesh two count.
Speaker 3: Pitchclock got down in one second. They called it change up and I threw it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's okay, okay, ny four change up registered fastball hurt my FeelA that day. Hey, before I let you go, if you go back to spring training, you mentioned to some reporters about a side session and Oral Herdscheiser was a guest instructor.
Speaker 4: Did he really help you trying.
Speaker 3: To get a free car? No, I'm just joking. No, he's uh, he's great. I mean I talked to him all the time, and when he comes on the.
Speaker 1: Road and he does it's road broadcasting. Yeah, I mean he's just a great dude. I mean he he wants to be in your corner at all times and to learn from someone that's done it.
Speaker 3: For so long. It was so good. I mean, what was his scoreless.
Speaker 2: Streak fifty nine in the regular season, but in the postseason you include that sixty seven.
Speaker 1: I know. So, I mean he's good knowledge everywhere. I mean, whole organizations built off a lot of history. So it's it's great to pick minds of people that like when Sandy comes in there too.
Speaker 3: Wow, Sandy, that's a legend.
Speaker 2: You've talked to Sandy Kofax about pitching.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Hey, I'm Tanner. Nice to meet you.
Speaker 4: That's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean I don't I don't really know them.
Speaker 4: I would ask curse, but no, okay, okay, but no, just.
Speaker 1: All those all those legends that have been here, and they're all so nice and if you if you want to talk to them, they'll they'll they'll give you their knowledge.
Speaker 2: Was there something that really clicked in spring with oral rhiz there.
Speaker 3: I wanted a car? No, I mean, I don't. We just it's you take you.
Speaker 1: Take small things from conversations. You can't take it all at once. If you take all at once, you get kind of overwhelmed by it. So it's just here and there, here and there, here and there, And you gotta play with the chip on your shoulder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it, you do, so do I broadcast with a chip on my shoulder.
Speaker 3: I'm wiping my eyes because that was not I'm just sure.
Speaker 4: Thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: I know you don't do this too, and so I appreciate it, especially the day before or right before the first.
Speaker 4: Game of a double header.
Speaker 3: How much time are we at?
Speaker 4: We're good about quality, not quantity.
Speaker 3: I gotta go shave my head now. Okay, Shine, it's guta shine,