Speaker 1: And duh, she's an Actress's a five hour energy in the morning?
Speaker 2: Was it Kurk Bills? No, it was five hour Thank you Kurt Bills. Now Kurk Bills. What a day? What a life? What a week?
Speaker 3: You're wilder dominant? The Wolves are almost done.
Speaker 2: You're not wrong.
Speaker 3: Viking's draft week. Ben Levers here looking beautiful twenty live from the Mike muss Me Memorial Studios. It's the power of morning show and it's time for the nudes.
Speaker 2: But what the news. I'll send you one just for fun. Who cares?
Speaker 3: Wow? Thank you?
Speaker 2: You asked nicely, manners go a long way?
Speaker 4: Thank you?
Speaker 5: Was This is News with Chris Hockey, presented by the Saint Paul Saint.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you about your save Paul Saints at Saints baseball dot com. They got great stuff going on down at cchs Field, including ladies and gentlemen. Later this year, hairball playing live at chs Field, Baseball Baseball to be played, and also do you and the unreal U n r L Celebrity softball game May twenty eight at chs Field, Team Dealing versus Team.
Speaker 4: Ham A couple of good dudes. Damned right, We have a We've we've run pretty hot over the years with when we have like friends from the Twins or the Vikings or the wild we run into some really good people.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Man, the pr staffs.
Speaker 4: That like help us with these things always give us the good ones, which is nice, right, God dang right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, I think it's probably never his best interest not to give you the bad.
Speaker 2: Ones, right, Don't give us the bad?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: CJ. Ham Awesome dude.
Speaker 4: Awesome dude, Good dude, Rake Rodriguez El Presidente, Awesome dude. Grenard another great example, fantastic guy m.
Speaker 2: Let's hope that he sticks around. Yep, I hope.
Speaker 3: So next home game for twenty eighth, a mid day eleven eleven or seven am versus the Iowa Cubs and check this.
Speaker 2: Out Crappage the.
Speaker 3: Things switched on here ago. Oh Harry Potter ticket package for Saturday May second, one bottle of butter.
Speaker 2: Beer plus Harry Potter butter beer. Yeah you better believe it. You ever had it? Sauce is the butter Yeah? Yeah, it is so good. I've had it at Harry Potter Universe. It's so good. What is butter beer?
Speaker 3: It's beer that tast like butter.
Speaker 2: Is that where you bottle the literally as simple as that. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't know what, but it tastes like butterscotch. Anyway, get a Harry Potter and Saint's mug and one bottle of butter beer.
Speaker 4: So again, dumb quest, that's Great's butter beer alcoholic or can kids?
Speaker 2: Hell? I don't think it's alcoholic.
Speaker 3: There are two different varieties.
Speaker 2: One is a one is out version on an adult version.
Speaker 3: That's right, that's right, But I don't know if that's how they'll have it at cchs Field. We'll have to find out from our buddy Derek.
Speaker 4: Well, ask Sauce. He's in the butter trade as a can't speak about it? Why just can't to my pay grade yet? You're in the butter trade industry, but it's above your pay grade. I can't spear over your head, buddy.
Speaker 2: You got to get a new jab. Yeah, thanks, you're underqualified. It's over my head. It's got to be complicated. It's not gonna go around it. Artists too, would be like hard pass take forever.
Speaker 3: John Glenn's like, damn wow, okay, you guys want news or notice?
Speaker 2: Hear it let's go.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm gonna give you the news right now, and here's my top story. A dude stole Legos in California in a very creative You like this, Oh, I love this all right, I'm gonna play the audience.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it ever, I can't believe it works.
Speaker 4: No, but I can't believe he ever got caught like this because he kept moving from state to state.
Speaker 3: So he would buy the legos and then he would take it back and get his money back.
Speaker 7: But one of the cases that occurred here in Orange County, they share that they opened the box and instead of legos, they found bags of dried pasta. And these were definitely sets that were consistent with what he was purchasing and then returning. These were Star Wars sets and Marvel sets, which have a very high value in secondary market.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 3: He would take out the legos and fill it back up with bags of pasta.
Speaker 4: Brilliant they had to eventually figure out, because then they would resell it and somebody would buy it and get it home and then be a bunch of noodles in their bags, and like what the hell, they go back to targeting, go you sold me a bunch of noodles, and then they eventually like, this keeps happening.
Speaker 2: And that's why when you do a.
Speaker 4: Return and you don't have a receipt, that's why you have to give your ID right, because they want.
Speaker 2: To make sure they know who's returning it.
Speaker 4: And this guy had gone to like I don't know, four or five six states and done this I think, didn't They say twenty plus times, that's right, and it eventually caught up to him. Wow, surprised it took.
Speaker 2: The that long. Yeah. Yeah, it's a good scheme. I liked it.
Speaker 4: And much like a serial killer who kills like seven or eight and there's no heat, right, my guess is the serial killer is like I just can kill forever, like they're not even on my.
Speaker 2: Trail at all. Yeah, they'll never catch them, noodle guys, just like this is a one hundred percent full proof plan.
Speaker 4: This is just gonna work. I'm just gonna go from target to target. I'll go down the old noodle aisle. I'll spend three dollars on noodles.
Speaker 2: I'll spend six hundred dollars on legos, piece of cake. By doing it, it's good ROI yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 6: Anyway, it's interesting how if you're a if you're a detective, how you figure that out? You know, you go to the movie you watch the movies and the shows where somebody kills somebody, and then you go back and watch the tapes and they're like, well, he was at the hardware store buying bleach and a mop and whatever, and it's like, what are you doing, body bag? You know what do you have to go through the checkout line and find everybody that bought pasta?
Speaker 2: Yep, yore. Let's see here, he's got his hands on the wagon wheels. Nope, he's going with the small rings. He did it, We got him wheel.
Speaker 3: Nobody advis that much pasta without buying pasta sauce.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, never had pasta sauce, never will hate. And by the way, wagon wheels again, I know they're for kids.
Speaker 2: I get it. There's no easier noodle to eat than wagon wheels. You just stab them and eat them reds.
Speaker 4: You know. Sometimes you got a twist and whatnot, and you got to make sure you don't slurp and spill.
Speaker 2: The wagon wheels are stabbing shove man, shove, do.
Speaker 3: You get directions at Darvis record concerts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brilliant, well played.
Speaker 4: I don't know that song wagon Wheel, but I understand that he sings it. No, they're the best wagon wheels, man. I think you can really only get him at high Ve. Target doesn't sell him. Hive's got the wagon wheels.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 4: You did the same thing with pasta stabbing go I I definitely prefer the stab and shove versions of Pasta.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have time to spin and twirl.
Speaker 4: This isn't Lady in the Tram nor eating him alone, one man.
Speaker 2: Wagon wheels are great. I should get something today.
Speaker 4: You should before you mow your yard. I'm not doing that at this house. Pat Kelly's kid still does it at this house. But when I move in a few weeks, I'm gonna mow my own yard. Oh my gosh, you're taking you're taking money away from Danny. I asked him if he wanted to do it, and he said, no, it's too far. It is probably too far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 3: Have you met the new neighbors yet.
Speaker 2: Probably I haven't met him yet, but they probably don't hate me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, they all know that you're moving in. Oh yeah, I mean, I'm a pretty easy neighbor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's near mind.
Speaker 2: No, except when you sna naked outside. I don't sign a nude.
Speaker 4: Their plants are going to die, why, like like a sunlight. Yeah, your head's gonna cause too much shade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my head's not that bit.
Speaker 3: And they're going to be so pissed about all the earthquakes from you falling downstairs.
Speaker 2: That's a huge bit. Okay, I'm not that big.
Speaker 3: All right, Sue Nami?
Speaker 2: Oh you sleep with the sue me?
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 2: Your mom's is Sue? Yeah? Splash baby, splash birthday? They sure do you.
Speaker 3: Want to hear another news story? You want to ramble? The robots are getting better. A Chinese robot named Lightning won a half marathon Sunday in Beijing in an event that saw humanoid robots compete against real humans.
Speaker 2: Did you see the son of a Bitch? Did you see this video?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 4: I saw him cross the finish line and then casually slow down.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like you know when when when when a winter across the tape and they win, they still obviously they don't stop in a dime. They have to quickly slow down and then watching a robot do that. For whatever reason, it tripped me out. It's like, oh I can kindly, you know, I can finally just pull off the pedal. It's like, jeez, this is this is scary. Yeah, it's it's kind of terrifying.
Speaker 3: Definitely, Yeah, that's that is a armld Schwarzenegger's uncle.
Speaker 2: It is definitely a terminator. Rest all right, let's power down.
Speaker 3: The way it runs to is it looks like it's ready to fall down at any point, but it never does.
Speaker 2: But it ain't tired. It runs very straight up.
Speaker 3: Lightning completed the thirteen mile race in fifty minutes and twenty seconds at twenty six seconds, I should say, beating the human world record by nearly seven minutes, a big improvement over last year. The fastest robot took two hours and forty minutes. But not Lightning.
Speaker 2: Not Lightning all right, But think about what you just said.
Speaker 4: The fastest person who has ever run a half marathon right, seven minutes slower, which means when our robot overlords take over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can outthink them.
Speaker 4: They're robots, can't out muscle them, they're made of steal, can't outrun them. They're seven minutes faster than the fastest person that's ever lived.
Speaker 2: We're screwed. Yeah, it's over.
Speaker 6: I think i'd be I think it'd be more impressed when they actually when they actually beat Usain bolt sprint record. Yeah, when they can get out the gate in one hundred meters and walk you down that fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I'll be super scared.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they don't have to even work up sweat because they don't sweat, right, and they walk like the people chasing the you know, the Scooby Doo kids.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they're not going to run out of gas because they're going to be fueled by the sun and probably oxygen or something. They're going to find a way to have never ending supplies of energy and we're just screwed.
Speaker 6: So when did they get to the point where they actually start making like soft lady parts for these robots?
Speaker 2: Interesting question that you went straight to that.
Speaker 3: Question for you, Ben. Do you remember sending me a thing about a mouth for yourself?
Speaker 2: What mouth for your cell phone? I think the Chinese they developed that too.
Speaker 3: They did what is wrong with that? And they say they say it's for kissing. That's what they said. That's what they say, that's what they said. I bought five of them. Wow, all of them ruined already. Yeah, man, you're a slot.
Speaker 2: Instructions.
Speaker 3: I did, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 6: I didn't even read the story. I just saw the headline and sent it to you. But it sounds like, did you actually read it?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 6: So it sounds like it's an attachment you can get for your phone that actually has like the silicone lips on them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So if you're going to FaceTime somebody and you want to kiss your significant other, you can actually kiss a pair of fishy lips.
Speaker 2: That's right. I doubt that's what it's used for. Well, that's why I sent it to Hawk.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he hate kissing my dad good night. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm the first to it's been reported, I'm the first to ever make those lips swell up.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're the first one to order lips that were six inches long. Yeah.
Speaker 3: These are ruined and my cell phone is filthy.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: Today is the one hundred and thirtieth Boston Marathon. Tens of thousands of runners expected lace up for the annual event and be beaten by robots.
Speaker 2: Yep, Lightning will finish first. Lightning.
Speaker 4: It will dominate and somebody from Kenya will finish second by about fourteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The Boston Marathon broadcast on ESPN two is long as there's no wrastling.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of wrestling this week, A lot of wrastling. Is it all this on a Monday?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's patriots. Patriots says right and the uh you know who's not celebrating it? Racini?
Speaker 2: Oh, well played, or she might be maybe scoop and bile stupid?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, good bit.
Speaker 3: You didn't like it.
Speaker 2: She's too busy ordering some attachments for her phone. Correct. I'm for them. Yeah, I wish you know again, everybody likes a good love story. I hope they end up hope so maybe best of luck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love left them up where they belong.
Speaker 2: Great song, Thank you God. That's a slammer. I wish you'd be quiet, Okay.
Speaker 3: Los Angeles County residents accused of dressing up as a bear and trashing.
Speaker 2: Luxury cars are headed to jail. Oh this week, three of the.
Speaker 3: Suspects pleaded no contest. They were sends one hundred and eighty days in jail. California Department of Insurance says they damaged luxury cars for insurance money. They submitted insurance claims in twenty twenty four the defraudity companies out of nearly one hundred and forty two thousand dollars. What are the suspects? Dressed up like a bear crawled around three vehicles in the view of security cameras. But later the best investigators in the world found the bear suit.
Speaker 4: And here with his impression of Paul meat Sauce Lambert is the fans Corey cove?
Speaker 2: Where did he buy the j Cutler jersey? It's pretty good? That's pretty good. What do you look like Jim McMahon?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Why was he wandering to La looking like Oland Cruz?
Speaker 3: Why was he wondering aut lay?
Speaker 8: Can you imagine if you saw Devin Hester beaten on a car Hawkwood?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that and scene that was pretty good? It was pretty close. Were you thinking that? Yeah? Why do you say it?
Speaker 4: I knew one of you would mock me for saying the same thing over and over. You were correct, yep. So want to do sports when we get back, you can talk about all the Chicago Bears you want.
Speaker 2: I got a lot of sports you do. Yeah, A lot happened over the weekend. You're not wrong. Ben Leber is here more with sauce and sports after this on the Power Jam Morning, Joe on the Van.
Speaker 5: Yeah, join the Power Trip Morning Show up at grand View Lodge April thirtieth and May first, don't miss out on your shot to win great prizes including a custom Kfa n and grand View co branded golf bag, a Taylor made driver, and more. Owen, did we mention a two night Grandview stay with food, golf and massage at their spa. Get all the details now at Cafe dot com slash grand View.
Speaker 2: That was the most npr reda thing Zach's ever done. Right.
Speaker 4: It was like, I don't know if it's because you're at a hotel and you're trying to like half whispers, you don't wake people up.
Speaker 2: It was like a beautiful two nights day. He got a noise complaint over the weekend. Is that right, Zachary noise complaint?
Speaker 5: I had a Bluetooth speaker that was not at a volume that I thought was anywhere near too loud, and the folks at the Wild I got a text and said keep it down.
Speaker 6: So could you not turn it down? Because you're in the tub at the time, or yeah? Were you hammering it too hard?
Speaker 3: Were you watching pornography?
Speaker 2: Were you watching pure?
Speaker 5: No, there's no tub unfortunately in this room. But I'm making my own fun. I don't want to know what it meant.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's probably why they asked you to turn it down, because it wasn't music that was playing through the speakers.
Speaker 4: I wonder if every room in that hotel had a tub last week, but the Wild specifically asked to remove yours.
Speaker 2: Are you bathing in the scene, like, please make his room tubless?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Were you watching Marshalls on CBS too loud? Rachel? It can't be real good? Is it watching nine? One? One? Lone Star? Not bad? Right? Hawk? Blow in it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Rob Blow?
Speaker 2: You've paid one hundred dollars for one? Oh? Ready to do sports? Yeah? Man, it's time. I don't care, just do it.
Speaker 8: Uh Minnesota While boat race the Stars on Saturday six one for the opening game of the series, two goals by Act, two goals by Boldie, which one of them was an empty editor, one goal by Hartman, and one goal by capriceof why Walsteed was also outstanding. He saved twenty seven h had twenty seven saves on twenty eight shots. Game two Hacko was tonight at eight thirty on this station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little late.
Speaker 5: We got a extended pre game starting at seven o'clock. Kevin Falness, Pat mclatty, myself, some others. Craig Button going to be joining us as well.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be Charlie's uncle.
Speaker 5: Extended pre Yeah, of course that's good, good way to start the evening late late, and of course as we are accustomed to. But yeah, Minnesota played top to bottom phenomenal, phenomenal hockey, and there's just I mean, it was, like I said, ten out of ten no notes. I don't know why if you were to criticize any part of that game, I don't even know where you would start, because it was It's just the bottom six did their the top six of our stars were better than their stars. It was just it was awesome and Boldie played amazing. Coroka Price up with that beautiful shot, and you mentioned Esper Volstad his first ever playoff game, and he played like it was just an you know, regular old game on a on a Saturday night in Dallas. So would expect more of the same tonight?
Speaker 2: Can you keep it down please. Oh no, sorry, I think it was a wild hold on you're getting it's.
Speaker 4: A n.
Speaker 5: One of those like hold the speaker up here, quit watching Marshall so loud.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 4: So you know, you guys are just talking about how there's not much to criticize, right, But that's my job is to.
Speaker 2: Criticize, right, correct. You do you know what jewels last name is? Me? Not the singer Jewel from the Evenings?
Speaker 8: What is it a?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Is it Ericson? No, it's it's it's both so Eric's and yeah, just I'm just curious if you knew. I didn't. I thought it was his middle name.
Speaker 4: I just called him because it's easier to write down. I don't know, man, Jesus, just curious, man, Jesus, No, man, Jesus.
Speaker 2: Zacho.
Speaker 8: The Abs beat the King's two one to take a one ozero series lead. Game two is tomorrow at nine pm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think we're just trying to I mean, they are gonna win that series. I just want the Kings to slow them down a little bit, trying to make somewhat of a series out of it, and they almost did yesterday.
Speaker 2: They came from behind. You get right, please slow them down. L A. The Sabers four in the third period to a beat Boston for three to take one lead. You can talk, you can talk, might echo. That's okay, it sounds kind of cool.
Speaker 8: The Sabers scored four in the third period to beat Boston four to three and take a one o series.
Speaker 2: But our guy get one or not? I don't think so. No, no he didn't.
Speaker 5: But Tage Thompson got a couple and it was a really I mean to be in that building when they scored that third goal to take the lead. Uh, crazy stuff. I know people left too early and this that which I find great joy in.
Speaker 2: But uh yeah, one of one A night in Buffalo.
Speaker 5: And you know we've always been talking about the and the Vikings, maybe meeting in the Super Bowl. Maybe it's the the two tortured franch wild uh and Sabers teams that make these two tortured franchises and fan bases meet in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: A final My name is Do you have any idea what my name is? Short for Hegang? I kind of like that. Yeah, short for Eric's and a thank you, it's his full surname.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: The Wolves lost to Denver one sixteen six Denver leads did I write one? Yeah? One of five? Okay, relax? What is your man name?
Speaker 8: And had twenty two in the loss. Game two is tonight at nine point thirty, Denver is a six and a half point favorite. M M, they're gonna get swept. They'll win, They'll win at least one What sounds like a bet, right, you want to bet?
Speaker 2: Oh the Frenchman.
Speaker 6: Denver's clearly the better team. Yeah, we're not gonna get swept and I'll bet yeah, hondo, sure whoa.
Speaker 3: So you're saying they will win at least one game?
Speaker 2: Yeah, win at least one game. Yeah, he's fat.
Speaker 6: He was like thick, Okay, I wasn't talking about your thoughts on.
Speaker 4: The game or the bet. The game, I mean, because there's no doubt whether or not it works out. Not being results oriented. Ben got his money in good. Right, you're the odds on favorite to win this bet.
Speaker 2: You had even money.
Speaker 4: No doubt you think so, no doubt about it. But I do think it's possible they get swept. They're in big trouble. They don't look like they have the juice this year. They don't look like they can.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know if they can turn this on or not.
Speaker 4: We thought about it all year long, right that playoff and and playoff Wolves were still a thing, like they're just gonna flip it and we're gonna go.
Speaker 2: And for the first quarter, it's like, God, they weren't lying to us.
Speaker 4: Everything they did in the first quarter looked like it was Wow, this is truly the story they've been self. This is what they do that they can just Dante's nailing threes, Rudy's playing out of his mind. Aunt looks like Aunt, we're pulling away from Denver, We're embarrassing him. In its first half, Aaron Gordon's in trouble. Murray can't hit the broadside of a barn outside of free throws. Like we got this, and then they slowly unraveled. The maturity level fell apart. Ye nas Reed couldn't do anything. Julius Randall didn't look like he wanted to be there.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 4: Jade McDaniels got frustrated with the officiating.
Speaker 2: I think most of the team got frustrated with officiating.
Speaker 4: And then over the second and third quarter, I went from a twelve point lead to like a what twelve thirteen point deficit, whatever, it was pretty big swing.
Speaker 2: Aren't those guys? Aren't you guys tired of?
Speaker 6: One of the common through lines with this team is some of the stars on the team, you'll walk away.
Speaker 2: From the game like, well, he didn't look motivated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Now, I don't know. I don't know if that's the case. You know, body language can be one thing. I mean, I mean, I don't know, but I think when you see it over and over and over again and you're questioning whether these guys can show up in big moments, whether they care, that's a gigantic organizational problem. That's not fun, wrong, right, I mean, aren't we Why do we tolerate it? I don't know why the coaching staff tolerates it.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 6: If you're the one of the top three, four or five players in this team, if you continually show up, especially at a playoff game, and you're not motivated, sit your.
Speaker 4: Ass down, because you know what sucks is you know who arguably looked the most motivated and the best on Saturday was Rudy Yep. So it's he's the one that catches all this hell from national media and people like Draymond Green and stuff like Rudy's overrated, Rudy sucks. Let's rip Rudy at every given opportunity that we possibly have to say that he's soft and overrated and overpaid and he's a waste of draft picks and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: He was awesome on Saturday.
Speaker 4: And when you have Julius Randall playing like he did, and Jade McDaniels specifically in the second half, because in the first half he looked like.
Speaker 6: The first half, yeah, like kind of a steely, intense look to him in the first half, yep.
Speaker 2: And then a couple of things went the wrong way and everybody started pouting, and like, how soft and fragile is this team?
Speaker 6: If that's always the case, like you get a little adversity and guys just shut her down, you know.
Speaker 4: Like so the Wild wins six to one, And like we joked about earlier, if you just put a whole bunch of goals up, maybe you just break the spirit of the Stars. Now I don't think so, but I'm just saying, maybe you just you just scare the crap out of him. I kind of feel the same way about Game two. If the Nuggets win by twenty it's over, then this this might be just I'm going to take my ball and go home if it's If it's close, though, then I think you can get motivated to keep fighting.
Speaker 2: That's why the way that they lost sucks.
Speaker 4: If you had battled back and forth for four quarters, full effort, full motivation, where it looked like the wolves are engaged, we lose by two, and it's like, man, we gave them a war, like this is going to be a battle. All of us would feel differently, But now I just feel like they are already on a cliff that if they get blown out tonight, this thing is just going to be four and out. It's like it's going to be over. So you've got to be unbelievably competitive tonight. You got to show up tonight, even if you lose, you have to show up.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the thing.
Speaker 6: It's at least defensible if you feel like and that's the word that I think people have used as well as that you used, is engaged. If they look engaged, And that's that's the sad thing. If we have to question the engagement of the players in big games, then you've got to find new players, and you gotta probably find new coaching staff because it's you can't do the same thing over and over again. Expect these guys to be self motivated when they prove that they can't. They're an immature basketball team that doesn't play with any grit, doesn't play with any any like passion or care unless they're there are Are we just a bunch of front runners When things are going good and we're playing in for your teams, like we look great, But the second we run against a hard battle, it's like we just shut her down.
Speaker 2: Narra suckers. Oh it's going to be and then and then Sauce might be able to, you know, steal your one hundred dollars and dance all over your grave. Yeah, he's gonna say.
Speaker 3: So high, Nosten.
Speaker 6: I might be from embarrassment. I did not make that type of bet. It was just a hundred bucks. It wasn't like I'm I'm gonna die.
Speaker 2: I don't want you to die. Then, thank you? How much money am I saving myself?
Speaker 3: Good question, Ben.
Speaker 4: That if they do get swept, if they truly do get swept, they might blow this thing up. Even if they lose a seven game series if they get swept, you're almost required to blow it up and say keep keep Jade and everybody else.
Speaker 2: Basically, he's on the board, and maybe maybe Jayden's available if he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna play like this, maybe Jayden they say we got to blow up everything except for Inn and just say everybody's on the board, because it sounded like he was the reason why they didn't get Giannis, right, is they didn't want to give up Jayden. Gotta put better, They gotta play better than this if you want to have a guaranteed spot on this team.
Speaker 2: We'll see. It's just so different the attitudes right now.
Speaker 4: Everybody's so optimistic about the wild oh yeah, and so so down on the Wolves, and.
Speaker 3: That could change tomorrow.
Speaker 4: It could, but man, it was it was all about effort, right, It wasn't even about the loss.
Speaker 2: It was truly about the effort. It's wow. One team gave it everything, and one team gave it everything for one quarter. That's not enough.
Speaker 4: No, no Vikings news. In a second, we'll talk draft Chris, as you have some other things for for Ben Vikings related it's the power won't show on the fan.
Speaker 5: The Wolves are back in the playoffs, taking up round points and Game three Thursday, April twenty third, is a must three that must see. Get your tickets now at Timberwolves dot Com, Slash Playoffs, or entered to win a pair on the contest page of kfan dot com.
Speaker 3: Is it soups hot in lovely Dallas, Texas?
Speaker 2: Dude, it could not have been.
Speaker 5: It cannot be more beautiful down Yeah, it's like lower seventies upper sex because it's been absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 3: I've always enjoyed my time there.
Speaker 2: How about you been in Dallas?
Speaker 6: Yes, Oh yeah, I guess I prefer probably Fort Worth and Dallas.
Speaker 3: But yeah, that's like saying you like Saint Paul Butter Minneapolis, though, isn't it Probably?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Dallas if I have to drive in Dallas, nolichy. If I'm getting driven around in Dallas, that's great.
Speaker 4: What about How do you feel about Dallas versus like Houston or San Antonio or Houston.
Speaker 2: Houston and Saint Louis are my two least favorite cities. I didn't care for Houston either, but never been to San Antonio or Dallas.
Speaker 6: San Antonio is nice, yep, riverwalk at nights, specifically, it's fun during the day. I think it's mid Houston is just enormous. It's very random because they have no no like building permit codes. So there's like a house next to a office building next to another office next to like a house. It's weird. It's a really weird setup. There's two different downtowns.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 6: West Timer Road is really fun. That's where like all the shops and the mall is the Galleyah.
Speaker 3: Must stay right there right.
Speaker 2: Do you ever play SimCity? No? Oh you didn't? You guys ever play SimCity?
Speaker 4: No? Not really, Chris a little bit or not. Because what you just described. I always was like, why isn't this working? You would like surround like a residential with a bunch of commercial buildings and those houses never sold, and you're like.
Speaker 2: It has electricity, it's got streets. What am I missing here?
Speaker 4: Never, as a you know, twelve year old, I never thought, why wouldn't somebody want to live next to all these giant buildings?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: This would be fun? Yeah this Julius, yep, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Put a put an aiens right next to my house, right next to a skyscraper, and I will live there forever it sim.
Speaker 2: City sea, We'll go to Houston then you'd love it. Yeah, you love it.
Speaker 4: I again, I really small sample size, but we were downtown for the final four and it was a freaking ghost town. Wow, this is a giant city. Nobody was there.
Speaker 2: No restaurants were open. You're talking Houston. In Houston, nothing to do nothing.
Speaker 6: So well, that's the weird thing is like there are there are two downtowns for Houston. I'm not sure which one's popping and which one's cool. The traffic is awful and it always just seems to be hot and humid there, no matter what.
Speaker 2: Hot and gross.
Speaker 4: Yes, hey, if you take the RAMS experience out of Saint Louis, what do you like about the city of Saint Louis Or is that most of it?
Speaker 2: That's most of it? I mean, I mean, yeah, the RAMS experience really sullied my whole. So did you have enough time to really get out in the community that much or not? Not? Not a ton, A little bit.
Speaker 6: I would say, it's really it's really cool that Anheuser Bush pays for a lot of that city. And the zoo is free. It's got a fantastic zoo and you just walk in. There's no ticket counter, there's no admissions gates and then you just walk in. You just walk in and you walk out. That's cool, and it's really beautiful, so it's kind of cool. They have little things set up like that. I think the Arch is maybe the most overrated monument in the country. It's not a draw.
Speaker 2: It's not one of those things where like I have to go to Saint Louis and see the Arch, I'd rather see the Golden Arches. Yeah. Same.
Speaker 6: There's really nothing downtown other than the Cardinals Stadium. Yeah, I mean, I don't I honestly don't know what the draw is to Saint Louis. Man they got, I don't know why you would get I don't know. Yeah, I don't know why you'd want to go there. Crime is super high. There's really nothing to see other than a baseball game. The Arch is boring. River You've walked by it, right, you know, sous City. Ioway as the riverboat casino. That's probably a better experience.
Speaker 4: Twenty what's the shortest drive from here to a riverboat casino?
Speaker 2: Why? Why don't we have one here?
Speaker 3: We should have a riverbokes you know you need a deep breath.
Speaker 6: No, that's a real question, Like why don't we Why don't we have with all the casinos and stuff like that and all the rivers and stuff we have.
Speaker 2: Is that a perfect spot for a river? Let's ask That's probably the sweet spot. I don't know why. I feel like that's a better spot than Minneapolis.
Speaker 8: There's one in it looks no Wisconsin on the Wisconsin Iowa border. It's a Bally's.
Speaker 3: Played a gig there one time. Somebody good there?
Speaker 2: Did you walk by and wave?
Speaker 3: I was I excited to go inside the casino because I had to play a gig, but I left immediately after that. I'm against those places.
Speaker 2: Yeah you are ye? Yeah, hmmm yeah, that's the closest one.
Speaker 3: It also placed in most cities in America. The nicest place is the casino.
Speaker 2: You've heard?
Speaker 3: Thanks?
Speaker 2: Thanks me wrong?
Speaker 3: You guys want me to tell you something cool? I got a bit for my main man Ben over there.
Speaker 2: Ben are you from? You're with the NFC North A little bit good? It's time for vikings us on the Power Trip presented by.
Speaker 9: Then.
Speaker 3: Some weird things happened in the world, and you are the general manager of your favorite NFC North team. Okay, but because of random uh disease, around the world. Your roster has been decimated, just just my roster. Yeah, well everybody's, but there's some players available. You're getting ready to play the NFC Championship Game. All the marbles will happen in You're given an opportunity to choose from any starting player at this position in the NFC North. You have to choose your starting running back. You get to choose from Gibbs, Lions, Swift Bears, Jacob's, Packers, Jones, Vikings. Which running back are you taking?
Speaker 2: Easy? Gibbs not even close? Did close? Yeah? He's the best running back in the league. He might be one of the best. Yeah, che don't be so mean. Who's second? Probably Jacobs when he's healthy and we can stop there.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, I understand now you're running back.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Your quarterback situation goes as follows. You have to choose between GoF Williams, Jay Love and Kyler Murray. And remember this is for one game, not for career. This is for one game. This is happening the NFC Championship Game. You have to win this game to get to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Finally, it's Kyle Murphy. By the way, Kyle Murphy Kyle Murray. I've never heard of that.
Speaker 6: Gay.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks, Tom.
Speaker 9: You know, give me golf, give me golf for one game, for one game, give me golf. Whose second probably Caleb Caleb's stud You're not a love guy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I just know. I just think.
Speaker 6: I just think between the two and what we say out of Caleb just there's this magic in those painted fingernails. So I I think that if even if he doesn't perform like golf in the passing game, he'll he'll move the ball and he'll he'll probably will his way to a victory.
Speaker 2: I would take Caleb. Caleb's the best quarterback in the division. You take him number one?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, sir. He's the most talented one. He's got the best arm. He's the best quarterback in the division.
Speaker 3: You gotta get a pass rusher, regardless regardless of position. You have to have a pass rusher. You're choosing between Hutchinson, Sweat Hargrave or Grenard.
Speaker 2: Hargrave. He plays for the pack He plays for the Packers. Now you mean Micah Parsons, Okal, throw Parsons in instead.
Speaker 3: Whatever, That's gonna be too easy that if I put Parsons in there, then I will go I don't get a parson. If he's in there, okay, but I'm taking him out then okay. Then he's injured his nut blew off.
Speaker 2: Probably Wow.
Speaker 3: I don't know how it happened.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there. I just know that I found it. I did. I did a quick side note.
Speaker 6: I was talking little Wells this this weekend and there was a he showed me a clip of I think a baseball catcher getting clipped in the nuts, but by a foul tip.
Speaker 2: And then I said something like, oh, his nut probably exploded. And he goes, what, Oh, you ruined it? He goes, your nut can explode?
Speaker 3: Ruined him?
Speaker 2: I was like, well, I mean it, it wouldn't explode like a bomb, but it would. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I had to explain what I think happens, and the boy I think I may have just altered that kid's life. Why does especially because he's a catcher as well, I'd say, Hutch, Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I'm three for three on the Lions right now, aren't you.
Speaker 3: Really aren't like this squad? I was gonna go with wide receivers, well, but that seemed too easy and am I wrong?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 2: I mean is is JJ?
Speaker 3: You're number one?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: What do you think of am On Sogbomb?
Speaker 2: I like him?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think he's number one, but he's he's a good wide receiver. I don't I don't see him as a primary.
Speaker 2: But do you like Roma Donze? Roma? DOONSA sure? But not as much as I like Amaral?
Speaker 3: Do you like Jen Real, who, Jayden Reid, Christian Watson, Matthew Golden, any of those? No?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's JJ, isn't it Mile? Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 3: In fact, I might putting Jordan Madison above anybody I just read.
Speaker 2: I know that's I would.
Speaker 6: I would put Addison above a really really yeah man, I'm a stud.
Speaker 2: He is a stud. He's good, He's very good.
Speaker 3: And I was doing this bit. I was looking at at the death chart for each individual squad as it sits right now, and I saw two things that made me question myself, are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Number one?
Speaker 2: Are you saying like just yourself in general? Your sexuality? Both wow.
Speaker 3: Wide receivers, they have three of them listened on the starting roster for your squad?
Speaker 2: The depth chart?
Speaker 3: You ready? Justin Jefferson, Jordan Edison and Tye Felton and I thought to myself, is type Felton going to be ourt their wide fever?
Speaker 2: I'll answer no, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: We're gonna dress that in the draft.
Speaker 2: I believe so. Yeah, I think pick forty nine could be a wide receiver. Who do you think is going to be Well I thought it might have been the kid that got arrested over the weekend. Well, it's even better. Now we'll pick out Georgia. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Get out of Vegas, man. You gotta love them, right if.
Speaker 2: It's a big if.
Speaker 8: But if Jordan Tyson from Arizona State is there at eighteen, okay, I think they will think about it.
Speaker 2: It's a offensive head coach.
Speaker 3: Is that iron Jordan?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 8: As you just said, the depth after your top two is not very good. The other guy in Addison you probably are going to lose soon and not sign him long term because you don't want to have two thirty five million dollars plus wide receivers. So I think the name, if he's available at eighteen, Jordan Tyson would be a name they would highly think about taking it eighteen.
Speaker 6: I can I throw a name out at you, just assuming that the top three are gone, sure, like Mikaye Limon and Carnel Tait and whatever. Yeah, yes, how about Conceptsiones from Texas A and m He's good.
Speaker 8: I think that he would be a pick that if you traded back, like with your your Texans theory, and he's there at twenty eight, you might think about But yeah, I think wide receiver in this draft, at least in the first round is in a zero. I think it's a little bit higher than people think.
Speaker 3: Then I want Sadik, Yeah, I do too. I want him on this squad. I want to throw those little dump passes to a tight end who can break tackles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 6: I think it's I think it's a great short term play and I think it's a good long term play because it doesn't sound like Hawkinson's going to be around much after this year, right, So you have your you have your primary tight end setup for next year, and you can run a lot of twelve personnel and even thirteen personnel this year and kind of you don't mess with a lot of personnel groupings and a lot of defenses. So I like adding an offensive weapon at eighteen. I'm not sure that if we get past Mackay Lemon and Carnell Tait and Jordan Tyson. I'm not sure that we would, to Sauce's point, at if we stayed eighteen, I'm not sure there's another wide receiver that makes sense there because that means you're bypassing probably a really good defensive tackle and it's certainly probably a corner at that point in time, and then you'd probably have Sadik sitting there as well. So I don't know if it's the best value outside those three you a draft at eighteen wide receiver, But I do think they're going to address wide receiver three in this.
Speaker 3: Draft, which leads me to this point. By the way, what is when I'm looking at the depth chart on on defense? What does n B stand for?
Speaker 2: Nicole? Thank you?
Speaker 3: I should have known that. I don't know why didn't come to mind. Listen to this safety strong Josh mctellus, safety free Jay Ward, right, cornerback Isaiah Rodgers NB Byron Murphy left, cornerback James.
Speaker 2: Pierre yep, the new guy from Pittsburgh, guy out of Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Do you think we go cornerback real high in the draft?
Speaker 2: Well? Early on, well, I would say early on.
Speaker 6: It's always been theenem in but outside of that, there have been a lot of cornerbacks that that people have talked about, So it wouldn't surprise me if they if some of the corners start to fall. Avian Terrell, Guy Clemson, He's he did not run as well as they were hoping, so that's maybe an issue. Monsieur delaying he's probably their top cornerback at that position. Depends on where he gets selected. And there's a run on cornerbacks, then it's a possibility that one of these guys could fall down.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 6: I again, I don't know if it's going to be as Sauce and I have talked about in a couple podcasts. It depends on how these guys start to slide down the boards and when offensive tackles go, how many wide receivers start going. Jermad McCoy, the guy to Tennessee who didn't play last year because of an ACL He tested off the charts once he was deemed healthy at his pro day. I've seen some mocks that he's coming. He will, he'll slide down to us. If McCoy is there at eighteen, I think he'd be a really hard guy.
Speaker 2: To pass up.
Speaker 6: Even if tenements there too, Yes, even if theeneman is there, I think that there are. You know, they brought in their top thirty, which I know the top thirty is not it's not the blueprint ninety means for what they're going to be doing in the draft, but it does give you a little insight on maybe what they're thinking in the positions that they're thinking, because sometimes these teams will bring in guys just to mess with other teams, saying like, oh, we no, we really like this guy. Then if you're looking, if we have pick eighteen and you really want him and you're below us, look at us. We're making this very known that we like this guy, maybe you need to move up and we'll trade back. So a lot of teams jockey around like that and kind of use these top thirties as pawns in the whole chess game.
Speaker 2: So all that being said is.
Speaker 6: They have brought in and they have talked about some other safeties that would be third round picks, and some.
Speaker 2: Of these guys are pretty good.
Speaker 6: I mean some of these guys, you know, you could you could see them maybe taking a lower draft pick and thinking then they could slide them in there as a starter.
Speaker 2: Uh, Ben, Yeah, I think he's gonna go. He'll be gone.
Speaker 8: I think by the time the Vikings pick, And I also think a team like Carolina and if Dallas doesn't move both of their picks to get up and take somebody like Sunny Styles and they're sitting to pick twenty again, I think they're a team that would leapfrog the Vikings at twenty to move up with the Lions at seventeen and take Theoeneman. I just think there's a lot of teams behind you that need safety, and there are some mock drafts by like our guy Jordan Reid from ESPN dot com who has Theenemon going twelfth overall to the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: So hi mate, Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't The thing is, I don't know how you guys feel. I wouldn't freak out if that happened. If somebody LeapFrog's leapfrogs Ustin wants to spend some equity on getting Theeneman. Yeah, that's fine, right, you know, I think that we have so many needs that we really could go best available at eighteen still, And I don't know if you guys look at the depth chart the way I do. But is there a position that says that we are hands off set and we're ready to go. No, there's literally not one position. We could use a wide receiver, we could use a tight end, we could use a running back, we could use an offensivelignment across the board. Yeah, you know, interior or otherwise, or even at tackle. You could make a very easy, compelling argument for every position on the board that if it's best available, we just take them.
Speaker 2: Let's go. I can't wait. I'm so excited. That'll be great.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys.
Speaker 4: First Johnsday and we'll have a power Trip mock draft Thursday morning. The uh power Trip rolls on after this fan five and a second headlines later.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip morning chow on the Fan