Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, I was dragged to Bingo night at the school. Today I'm with a World Series hero, a man that has the distinction of hitting two walk off home runs in the World Series. I mean, I can't be dabbling with these parents at a school hall. I'm here with my guy, Freddie Freeman.
Speaker 3: It's good to be back.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna comment on your big not wanting a knight.
Speaker 3: It's good to be back.
Speaker 2: Yes, Does this feel for you like the real kickoff that spring training is around the corner?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: This definitely is when. I don't think I've been back since the parade for you. Yeah, so it's nice to come back. See the fans again. I mean we see him every day.
Speaker 3: Believe me.
Speaker 1: They come up and say how appreciative they are of the last couple of years. So yeah, I would say FanFest is the official kickoff, and then what we got one more week until all the baseball team says now.
Speaker 3: It's our turn or whatever.
Speaker 1: The super Bowl they always give that same little quote out. But I would say Banfest for all the teams, it's the real kickoff to the.
Speaker 2: Getting ready when you're around the streets of La Yeah, and people come up to you. Can you feel the effect that you've had on their lives their families?
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, definitely. I mean especially here like Miguel and I did the luncheon about about forty five minutes ago, and so many people of you know, they had someone had a widow maker and that was made it through the widow maker the heart attack and was able to come through and then we brought and brought her joy watching us play on the TV. Like, there's so many stories that we get told here at FanFest that really makes you feel what these fans and what we mean to them and what they mean to us. I mean, we were trying to tell them. It's not lost on us when we come in July eighteenth and on Tuesday and there's fifty four thousand people here and we understand how how awesome the fans are. And so when you get to hear the little stories of what Dodger Baseball means to them, it's not just we're just not a team to them, this is their livelihood.
Speaker 3: It's we're family to them, and.
Speaker 1: It really is special to be able to hear all the stories from fans that we've been able to create memories for them in the last couple of years.
Speaker 2: I know you mean so much to the fan base in Atlanta and Braise fans, but what you've done with the Dodgers feels like you've cemented your legacy with this franchise as well. That doesn't happen to too many players where you can say you had an indelible mark on two.
Speaker 1: Franchises, and you know, obviously these last you know, year or two. If people are talking about most people won't even remember my first twelve years.
Speaker 3: I said.
Speaker 1: I always respond with, I'm like, that just means I'm doing my job really well. And I adored my twelve years with the Braise. We won a championship there. But these last four years, being able to be playing in front of my family day in and day out, night after night, see my dad in front rows.
Speaker 2: Giving him a hug after it's been special.
Speaker 3: It really yeahs. But to be able to like, for you to even think.
Speaker 1: That after four years, that just makes me like I've done my job the best of I possibly can, and we've created some really cool things that are going to last in people's minds forever and for you to say that kind of stuff and people to think that kind of stuff, that just means I've done my job, o.
Speaker 2: Catch Yeah, I would say so. I would say so. And you've been out there every day. We all know how much you pride yourself, Yeah on starting as many of the one hundred and sixty two as possible. Yeah, have they started to talk to you about what they've been saying?
Speaker 1: Are you already know what I'm gonna say? Yeah, I'm going to I'm going to be trying to play one hundred and sixty two games.
Speaker 2: So we should tell Dalton Rushing put that first phase glove away.
Speaker 1: All I can say to that is I will be prepared to play one hundred and sixty two games. I will, I think you know, I will be ready to go. And then if they come in and tell me that they want me to have a day off, then audible fight in that moment. But my job, my mindset, how I get ready to play every single game, and that's what I'm going to do. And so that just means I gotta get three hits every game. So that can't take me out a lot of talk and Andrew, I'm not coming out.
Speaker 2: That's right, I'm counting the doubles and they hit.
Speaker 3: Okay, I like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, last year. People have a quick memory. We forget took the day off yesterday. When I went through your I went through your place, that you're taking a day off. I wanted I was gonna go there. I wanted to give you some space. Thank you. Hey, that guy right.
Speaker 3: There, we've been. We've done a lot of things together today. Yeah, he's special.
Speaker 2: But you always talk about the game rewarding you, Freddy.
Speaker 1: It really does honor you. That game has honored him. We just got what he means to us. There's so many traditions that he started winning series. We get together to Caselfie as a group after those series wins, we toasted each other. We talk about how the player, the game and the series he created that. I think there's no bigger honor for us inside that clubhouse in the Roy Campanella Award, and he's won it back to back years. It's voted on by the people in that clubhouse. He comes in every day. The game honors you. Because he didn't play at all in the NLC. Yes, he didn't play the first few games of the World Series and then he gets his opportunity, it becomes a Dodger hero. I meanah, he really is a hero. And I think you guys heard it on backstage Dodgers when I said, oh my gosh again, I still think about it all the time.
Speaker 2: It is the great Dodger time.
Speaker 3: This year is the greatest home Ryde. It's so amazing.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and he gets to play one more, he gets to re sign, gets to end his career with the Dodgers, and he's I know he's gonna wants to coach with us, so he'll be.
Speaker 3: Here forever, we hope.
Speaker 2: Freddy Freeman as well, you haven't done the worm anytime recently, Andrew Freeman said he wants to put a stop to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think I'm gonna be done with that. I hadn't done it.
Speaker 2: That was impressive, Freddy.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that I hadn't done the worm.
Speaker 2: Gosh, I didn't think you had it in you.
Speaker 1: It had been a long time, probably fourteen fifteen years of that. I used to be able to, like right now we're in the bullpen. I used to be able to do it the whole length of this volt who as you saw on that video, I hit it like four times on the ground and then how to get back up.
Speaker 3: That was kind of hurt a little bit too much. Well, just the way you delivered it, thank you, the way.
Speaker 2: It's not just the worm, it's the way you delivered the worst.
Speaker 1: Site that And I was just minding my business on the outside, watching everybody else have fun at Mookie's house, and I was just enjoying it. And then you know, when Keik starts hyping you up, he'd be the not fun guy and not do something. So I was like, you know what, I'll bring this out. Yeah, I'm glad I was able to nail it in a lot of people's eyes. You're like, you know, it's good. When my wife told me he goes, a lot of people thought that was Ai. That's it, that's a I did that pretty well. I just not used to the big man getting down on the ground, like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah twice, even as wedding.
Speaker 1: But Gvin forced me you didn't feel it was his wedding. Yeah, you know, I felt like I was getting pushed.
Speaker 3: To do something. I didn't like that.
Speaker 2: But like a circus client, amuse us at our wedding exactly.
Speaker 1: But like you just said, it was his wedding. Yeah, like, oh fine, I'll do it for you.
Speaker 2: And can you can you tell us what the key is to executing a goodly.
Speaker 1: I really don't know. Like everyone goes, how did you learn, I said, I don't.
Speaker 2: I've just been you were doing that at a high school.
Speaker 3: I'm okay, I was just there yesterday.
Speaker 1: Most people will see me on the field, sitting in the same seat in the dugout. Serious, but I have fun when I play. Most people don't know I I can dance a little bit and move around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you got a little glimpse of it on the worm.
Speaker 2: All right, I love it.
Speaker 3: I'm done.
Speaker 1: I'll be done with it though, unless we win again, and I'll bring it three P, three P. I'll bring it series win.
Speaker 2: Amen, Amen, I'll try to nail it. I'll try to make it do with me. Yeah, I'm going to learn how to do the worm.
Speaker 3: Okay, But.
Speaker 2: I like that we got a six to seven out of rookie today.
Speaker 3: Jeez.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you guys are doing here on fan Fast and I was I'm one of the few people that congratulate anybody that doesn't want to play in.
Speaker 2: The World Baseball Classic. Oh so congratulations. Oh by the way, before I let you go, speaking of Canada, okay, talk about two viral things that blew up surrounding Freddie Freeman beside your walk off home run in Game three, the Worm, of course, and then that commercial you did with the kids the children's hospital. Yeah, Ryan, Ryan Reynolds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's first the kids in Toronto.
Speaker 1: And Ryan reached out and wanted to, you know, we we do something together to help raise funds. And when he reached out, I was like, Okay, that sounds pretty fun and obviously hospitals and kids it means a lot to me, obviously with what we've gone through as a family, So to help raise money for a hospital in Toronto, I jumped at it with him and it came out really good. I'm usually not wanting to act or do anything like that, but I had I had fun. Those kids were awesome, It was great. It turned out really really well, and I had fun doing it. Got to meet some really cool kids from the hospital that did it with me, and they got to hear their stories and what they went through. And those kids are doing really well right now. So hopefully we raise a lot of money for that hospital and we can, we can make sure some more kids can get out of that hospital.
Speaker 2: It resonated with everybody, the comedic timing and just what it means. Yeah, I think you did your job.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Thank you, and I hope the kids of in Toronto. The hospital got a lot of money out of it, and hopefully we can find some cures and get those kids home where they deserve to be.
Speaker 2: Freddie, I could talk to you the rest of the day, you know, I would.
Speaker 3: I know, we got to.
Speaker 2: I admire everything you stand for two.
Speaker 3: Weeks from now, we'll see each other every day, every day.
Speaker 2: I won't bring any iPads. My guy, Freddie Freeman. H Glass Now is yawning. I mean like he's writing a three point stance ady to tackle me.
Speaker 1: I'm at the TV when I was doing TV Wow, and I got sidetracked for how beautiful he was.
Speaker 2: I know what a man. Can We take a photo on live radio and Glassnow could come over. We could just pass the mic, the hot mic all right here, My guy, Freddie Freeman, A champion of the people, a champion to everybody everywhere,