Speaker 1: Make sure you joined Corey Cove Willie McCoy's in Ramsey tonight for a cors Light Hockey Night starting at seven o'clock. You can catch Minnesota versus Las Vegas, enjoy igh schooled coors Light specials and played trivia for your chance to win great prize including sweet tickets to a game. And Jane, we get the full details at KFE and that Conqueror calendar.
Speaker 2: And he's gonna step by that old school. Yeah. Remember I didn't promise. I didn't promise that I would do that. He's gonna do that.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, Ben, Yeah, I watched this John Elway documentary on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was that really really good, really good.
Speaker 3: He said that he thinks that Terrell Davis is maybe the greatest running back in the history of the NFL.
Speaker 2: Great running back.
Speaker 3: Right, had I had forgotten just how great he was and how he basically finally won John Olway a Super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I think that's a little much to say he's the greatest ever, or one of them.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's dott to play that long, no one of those super short careers. Right, didn't tell Davis play like let me look it up. I feel like it's super short. Though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you. I don't think it was very long. But I mean he's taking care of his guy. I mean, that's it's it's hard. It's hard to take some of this stuff. You know, it's it is John Elway and he you know, obviously a gigantic reputation, but you know, when you're talking about one of your own teammates, I don't think that's the it's not the best barn.
Speaker 2: He was a sixth round pick in nineteen ninety five. Ye sixth round, sixth round pick in nineteen ninety five. His last year was.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Mailed it is that right? Ninety five to one.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they said that.
Speaker 2: And he's in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, think about that?
Speaker 5: Not a race?
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks to all Three time Pro Bowler, two time Super Bowl champ, one time Super Bowl MVP nineteen ninety eight NFL MVP. Yeah, but uh yeah, that's a very very brief career.
Speaker 3: Interesting thing in that documentary, guys, Shanahan was the offensive coordinator under Reeves when they lost all those Super Bowls, and Dan Reeves.
Speaker 2: Did not like John i Way.
Speaker 3: John Eway did not like Dan Reeves, and so Shanahan brought them in together and said, you two need to talk this out. John, tell Dan why you hate him? All right now, Dan tell John why you hate him. The next day, Dan Reeves fired Mike Shanahan.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then after that season, Dan Reeves got fired or no, maybe it was a season after that. Anyway, pretty soon after that, Dan Reeves got fired, Mike Shanna was brought back by the owner, and they won Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: Good play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, interesting story, really really interesting.
Speaker 4: Hm.
Speaker 3: I'd watch it if I were you bet. I think you'll like it.
Speaker 2: So then do they talk about the the death of his buddy?
Speaker 3: They do not, But that must have happened right before this, because the last thing they show on the screen is in memory of that dude. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, you know. They go into his his uh personal life quite a bit. I didn't know he was a twin. Did not know that either, And how about this is terrible his his twin sister had I forget I'm sorry, I can't remember which kind of cancer she passed away from. She died in the m I R tube.
Speaker 2: The MRI I R two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, MRI she was getting an M I, M R I two MRIs who's getting it to see how it was spreading? And she died while in the two? I know how about that?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that was a thing.
Speaker 3: I didn't either. Yeah, anyway, sad you guys.
Speaker 2: Do you guys have this? Because you know, John Elway was mostly a guy whose career I lived through. Those are the kind of documentaries that I just can't get into. If he had murdered seven people or started a Ponzi scheme or robbed banks, I'd watch it in a heartbeat, you know.
Speaker 3: What I'm saying, Like, Corey, then you're gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Really, what did he do? You know what I'm saying? Though, Yeah, I would be so like I love the true scandal and crime of sports documentaries. But you know, Ben, you and I were just on silent. We're watching it must have been a Shack thirty for thirty that's running this morning. I don't know what and I have no idea how often this or how recently this was released. But you and I were like, look at how then Shaq was in the nineties. If I was at home, there's no chance I'm watching that Shack didn't kill anybody. No, that's yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: Like I think it's interesting that we're watching it here and I'm like, wow, this is kind of cool.
Speaker 2: But yes, I'm with you. I'd never watched it at home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I if I stumbled across this at home, I would not stop and watch. No instant channel changer. But it is interesting. How boy he's like double the size of human being that he was when he entered the league.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twice. I mean he's just yeah, he was a thin, sleek missile and he's just put on so much weight and at the end of his career that's part of the reason why he was tough to stop, because he was gigantic. I like the word sleek. Yes, sleek is nice.
Speaker 3: Really good man, really brilliant. Jever tackled John Eway.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't think so. If he tackles Shack God, he'd hurt me, no doubt, no doubt, even if you tackled him clean. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's see quick quick trivia, you guys. Since we were talking about Terrell Davis, this is Broncos Radio. I didn't know this until I just looked this up. Who was the leading running back? So Terrell Davis played his last season. Oh one, who was the Broncos leading running back in two thousand and two. Now this name when you hear it, I didn't realize Clinton Boris.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I didn't realize that he was immediately in two either. I knew it was early two. Yeah, so he was the next year after day I would not go out of the league because of concussions that I don't know. I think he murdered six people and had a Ponzi scheme that he started. It couldn't be.
Speaker 3: I think it was a Ponzie scheme.
Speaker 2: Actually, speaking of watching stuff, I learned something else about myself over the last handful of days of our extended Christmas break. Have any of you seen the New Knives Out? On that? Yeah? We watch watch. I learned something, I think again about myself when it comes to Knives Out. Do you guys ever have to read Agatha Christie when you were growing up? I read one book because it was required in school, and at the time it was called Ten Little Indians. I think now I don't know what it's called. I don't know if they changed the title or whatever. Maybe it wasn't even called that, but like it was about basically like the ten little statues of Indians like on the over the fireplace, and as each person was murdered like that, that little statue was gone. Whatever. Yeah, And I remember reading that book going like I'm trying to figure out this mystery. I'm going to try to figure out who did this. It's fun, like solve the puzzle. That's why people I assume read mystery novels, the Knives out movies as fun as they are. I never am actively trying to figure it out because I know this is like, this is not going to be guessable. I'm not going to like you don't play that game in your own head. No, And it's like I'm very aware that I'm not trying to solve the puzzle, and I don't know if that makes it less fun or more fun, but like I don't even try. I'm like, I don't know, I'm not going to be able to guess this, so I'm not going to try to put it. Because there's red herrings all over the places. You're obviously trying to make it look like it's this person and that person, and I'm not falling for this, and I'm not falling for so I just sit back and go let's just see where this goes. Yeah, you just go along for the ride. No active problem solving at all.
Speaker 4: Man, I try tried to solve this one as it's going along, and I'm like the same sort of thing, like, well, it's not that person, because that's too obvious. That's obviously where the director once should take take you, like you know, And then I think it's it's impossible for you not to play the game of clue though, because you are adding things up, you are trying to put the puzzle together. I don't care if I'm wrong. That's part of the fun of it. I think that's fascinating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you would, if you would have called me midway through and been like, guess, I'd be like, I haven't even thought about it. I don't know. It could be like ten different people. It was fun though. It was a fun movie. Always are just fun. That's the word I think to use, is, Man, what a cast like just loaded? Write so many big names and Jeremy Renner and Josh Brolin and Glenn Close and Cunis and obviously Daniel Craig.
Speaker 4: It's it's Yeah, how about Mila Kunis being the detective right the Yeah, the lead sheriff, Like, what a weird role for her, but it works out.
Speaker 2: Love Josh Brolin's role too, Oh, I know he was good. Guy's good. It's a fun movie. It's a fun watch. Yeah. I wish I would have cared more guys Haden Church didn't have a big enough role. Love that guy exactly, very small role, yeah, or was it or was it no? Important, important role? Not a lot of screen time, I'll put it that way. And I had never heard of Josh O'Connor until he hosted SnO just a couple of weeks ago. Which one was he he's the main pastor guy. Yeah, he's great, he's great and he's fantastic. Yeah, he's awesome.
Speaker 1: Hello on the Power Trip presented by Builders and Remodeler.
Speaker 2: All right, so before the break, you basically said Whittingham is one of the most well respected coaches in college football. And you think, whether it's a five year plan or ten year plan, whatever Michigan's doing with a sixty six year old head coach. Uh, you said, rock Star absolute home run for Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because I mean they're they're looking to obviously clean up their image and they need a solid foundation piece that I think can bring in this this wholesome attitude of like, let's just get back to old school football, Michigan type of football. And you look at what Kyle Whittingham has done at Utah, and yes, it's it's West Coast because not a lot of people pay attention to what's going on in Utah. But what he is built in Utah, in the longevity he's had, it's remarkable. And he's done it in a I think a non scandalous way. He is not a guy that you have to worry about in the media. He has hard nos af though, and that is the one thing that I think that Michigan fans in the Big Ten should watch out for. He is gonna Michigan's already known for having great offensive lines, great defensive lines, like he's going to amplify that even more. Like the way that he can recruit and find these guys on the West Coast to provide to build a you know, everything's West Coast is just its speed, right. You think of Oregon, you think usc you think of just like it's athleticism. And he built a winning program at Utah where it was brawn, it was strength, it was toughness, and so he's gonna take all of that and bring it into Michigan, which it already has that reputation, especially if you contrast that with what Ohio State's doing. Ohio State's got the the athleticism, They've got the like we're gonna run up and down the field on you. Michigan has ground and pound and we're just gonna beat you to death. He's gonna take that whole mantra and add to it. I think in a really really wholesome way. He's gonna have no problem going to these college or these high school recruits and getting some of these kids, and every mom and dad's gonna be like, this is where I want my son to go. Like they are going to develop into a top notch program, play for national championships, and become a really solid person on top of it. I think it's an awesome, higher tremendous hire. A long as he's got the energy for it. I mean, he is older. If he's got the energy and vigor for it, I mean I think I think you know, Big ten better watch out.
Speaker 2: Like he is he's legit.
Speaker 3: And you don't think that Pooani will be the problem.
Speaker 2: Do you think it will be chased.
Speaker 3: You'll called back to the last segment, by the way.
Speaker 2: And the last coach.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: I think my best guess is he'll be interested in the Poornanni, but he will might not be touching the Poonnanni.
Speaker 2: Got it? Got it guy? Yeah, okay, cool, So he will he'll put football first, I think. So that's really what you're looking for when it comes to a coach, right, I mean, that's that's pretty good, all right. Good for them? Yeah, I was, I was lukewarm on the higher I'm like, yeah, whatever, I've heard of that. Man, I'm so I'm so excited for Yeah, now that I know that he's not going to be chasing chasing him, good for him. Sixty six one, seventy seven and eighty eight at his career at Utah, six well, eleven and six in bowl games for Utah, but uh PJ flex seven and zero in bowl games with the University of Minnesota the CARDIOC Gophers. That finish was awesome. That was awesome. That was another game much like the Vikings offense on Thanksgiving or sorry Christmas, probably Thanksgiving to man, I know we still have super high expectations for the growth of Drake Lindsay. But god dang that offense also was a tough freaking watch. When they needed it late, they got it, and that throwing overtime was awesome to catch by Jalen Smith. To walk it off was sick. But man that that was not an explosive offense for most of that game.
Speaker 5: Watch from about this spot he found Jalen Smith in the first half for shadow and see waits out of the pistol, straight drop hastime, throws toward.
Speaker 2: The end zone. It is a diving attempt at god touchdown. Jalen Zone locks it off. A lot of gold Field. Nice job, Grimmer, Good job Grimmer.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing I'll say about that, Yes, was that was that catch?
Speaker 2: Amazing? If he doesn't make.
Speaker 4: That catch, I think we're all wondering, what the hell are you doing throwing into the triple coverage there?
Speaker 2: It looked like he was gonna get picked off. What are you doing? Great catch?
Speaker 4: It was an he bailed out Drake Lindsay so so well, like when he threw that ball in that location of the Yeah, maybe he maybe he can go back and be like, well, I trusted my guy to go make a play that to me was a terrible decision to throw that ball in that spot. Look, he got bailed out and it was Everything's great. Nobody's talking about the decision to make the throw. Everbody's talking about to catch itself. But man, I was like, in that moment, you're making that throw, that was real balls.
Speaker 2: And a defender, not Jalen Smith. Defender Anthony Smith had an awesome game and then immediately announced after the game that he's coming back to the Gophers in twenty twenty six. Good for him. A lot of people thought he was going to the NFL this year, but sounds like he's coming back. He must just mind.
Speaker 4: He must have gotten some sort of rough grade on where he was going to get drafted, and he's like, I'll make enough.
Speaker 2: I'll make more money in college money here yet to improve your stock either way. Headlines when we come back more with Ben Leeber and the rest of the Power Trip Morning Show after this.
Speaker 6: I'm the fan.
Speaker 3: I played these uh these beds that are approved by a heart radio so often that I now know them as songs.
Speaker 2: I don't who's this one? Do you think this sounds like Tom Jones? Maybe Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Captain Antonio, Hey ex that go? Yes, Well you and I were just talking about I bet Ben would like to go too.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ben, you're a racist guy, aren't you. You're like a NASCAR You're like a race car guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 3: We've been invited for the Vegas race to go out and uh and be like, what is the term cat on the wall?
Speaker 2: No, bird on the wall?
Speaker 3: That's it fly on the wall as they compete in the NASCAR race in Vegas? Right, how fun would it be to be behind the scenes to like see them do a pit stop and like stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be great. I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 4: Do they are Are there talks or any rumors about doing the road race that the F one people do in Vegas?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, I mean then I know that they have their own.
Speaker 1: Track out yeah, outside the city, But like they're NASCAR, I think they're going they're going different routes to close all that. Again, for for a NASCAR race, I think it's realistic. Unfortunately, the money isn't there, but that's why they're doing like the San Diego stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm I have you seen that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: So they're gonna out on the they're the air Force base. They're going to set up a track. They're going to build a track next summer. I believe. Don't go man this, I believe it's fourth of July weekend. Get out of here and perfect. You're going on the tarmac on the runway like they're gonna have cornado.
Speaker 2: Yeah wow what so wow?
Speaker 1: NASCAR is doing that? Yes, Well, when is Vegas Race? June nineteenth or the twenty first? Is the Coronado one naval based Coronado and then the Vegas Race is March fourteenth.
Speaker 2: There's also an October dight. But I mean, I'm willing to take one for the team and go out and cover it with you. We wondered about that.
Speaker 3: I wasn't sure if that's something.
Speaker 2: Look, we're willing to take one for that, actually going to the race and covering the pits or watching the changes. Like, I don't want to step on your toes. That's your thing. So I'll probably just stay back on the strip and get the vibe from there and see how it's going. So like maybe I'll ask you know, like the fans, like the you know, the man on the street, like what do you think about the race. And if they're like, I don't know what you're talking about, then I'll probably just go play cards. We're just going to bring the whole show out there and be careful who you ask about race. Now you're working on that car. Gosh, dang it, ask him about the race. I'll word it like that. See what people think. Which one is the it all? Ask them? That is the points exactly what I'll ask him. Anyway, I'm in Yes, okay, Ben's in head line. Head line is brought to you by my friends at a Wolf River Electric and Wolfriverelectric dot Com. Go Solar. It's not too late in twenty twenty five to reach out to Wolfriverelectric dot Com. I would do that. I did it last year. It's awesome. Let's start with this devastating news for Chris uh sexual icon. Bridget Bardow dead at the age of ninety one. I had no idea Number one she was still with us. Number two, that she's ninety one. Yeah, Bridge of Bardow. That was a.
Speaker 3: Well, God did a nice job with those.
Speaker 2: HM.
Speaker 3: Well, that was the nice way for me to say that.
Speaker 2: It really was. It was I thought it was respectful and I really thought it through. Now he gets to see them again. Yeah. Yeah, and my er his own work. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you, Zach. Yes, I mean, what.
Speaker 2: Have I done? According to Wikipedia, she is credited with popularizing the bikini. Think about that for a seon. Is that right? She's also credited with.
Speaker 3: Really launching into the stratosphere Jurgen's lotion.
Speaker 4: I I knew you were going to say something. I just didn't know what you're going to say, And that was brilliant. I'd also like to see her topless.
Speaker 2: Well, she's dead and she was ninety eight.
Speaker 3: She was she really was a beautiful woman.
Speaker 2: Holy, I know I had no idea.
Speaker 3: Look at her eyes, man, honestly, I mean LORDI Lordie.
Speaker 2: In the late nineteen sixties, Bardeau's silhouette was used as a model for designing and modeling the statues bust of Mary Anne, a symbol of the French Republic. Think about if you're in such good shape that an entire country is like your outline is what we should all strive to be. Like. This isn't Jerry West as the NBA logo, It's just France going you know what, bridget Bardow is basically the best of what we have to offer. So let's just highlight her silhouette at all times. Zach, your hands up. Brigitte Bardo on Saturday one billion percent. He'd had to go to the ATM though first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Would definitely. Yeah. Check this out. I mean, this is her Wikipedia page is nuts. This is nuts. You're gonna think I'm making this up. This is in Wikipedia. Maybe somebody made this up, but this is what Wikipedia says. According to the liner notes of his first album, musician Bob Dylan dedicated the first song he ever wrote to bridget Bardow. The first song he ever wrote was for her. Do you know what? Am I right? I get it of that song? I don't know, but I can't wait to hear what it is.
Speaker 3: I believe that was Poohnanni. Was that not the song sweet Sweet Pouna.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible name. Can you play it? I can't.
Speaker 3: It's Iheartoh okay, sorry, I'd like to I get humu you well.
Speaker 2: She Andy Warhol did eight paintings of her in nineteen seventy four. She was idolized by young John Lennon and young Paul McCartney. Did you mention her nickname? Go on.
Speaker 1: She began her acting career in nineteen fifty two and achieved international recognition in nineteen fifty seven for her role and God Created Woman, catching the attention of many French intellectuals and earning her the nickname sex Kitten.
Speaker 2: Yeah me, that's a terrible name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's because she used a litter box.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, oh god, they're doing that in schools now. They look at the space. Man.
Speaker 3: I know, it's unbelieve It's unbelievable, isn't it. Yeah, just a beauty goodness sex yep.
Speaker 2: Born in Paris, died in some other town in France. Four husbands, four successful marriages. As a coach would say to who anybody, we should know three of them have Wikipedia pages. But I don't know who these guys are, not Bernard Domaley the alley Cat. Yeah, but that's always good if you're the one guy that she married that doesn't have a Wikipedia page. And that was the last one too, per Bernard. Yeah, and he probably got her when she wasn't in her prime either, Like who's who's the first guy? Roger? He was a French screenwriter. She didn't, so yeah, the first one was a screenwriter, director, and producer. The second husband was a French actor, film producer, painter, and seramist. It's a word I've never said, ceramics. Seramist. Apparently that's somebody that does ceramics.
Speaker 3: Sure, sure, sure.
Speaker 2: And then Gunter Fritz Gunter Sachs was a German born Swiss industrial air socialite, art collector, author and photographer. He's not much of a looker. Hawk would like get a lot of money, though, Hawk would like to sacks for sure. Yeah, maybe it's me. He's got a maybe he's got a Matt Khalil down there.
Speaker 3: Oh man, oh man, he's got a.
Speaker 2: Couple of coke cans. Start aspiring. Ballerina ended up in acting. Gunter saved something later. Well, there you go, Ridgard Bardo at the age of ninety. She's perfect for you. Hawk.
Speaker 1: What she suffered from amblopia as a child, which resulted in the decreased vision of her left eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I have a right eye, gone, she has a left eye.
Speaker 7: Gone.
Speaker 2: Could have taken care of each other so hand she couldn't see out of her eye very well? No, well that explains her marriage to Gunter presolved it advantage Gunter. Maybe maybe she was at the DMV getting her license renude and he's like, this chick can't see for s Oh shoot, I have to get that done. What's that my license re nude? Oh yeah, dang it. I finally get the old real ed D. I know I'm gonna get a piece of cake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do it, man, get it taken care of Italy.
Speaker 2: See what big deal is? Like, I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't want to do it. But I'm already like I've got clear status. If I sign up for clear, what's the difference, Like, everybody knows all my information. Anyway, they got they got my irises.
Speaker 2: I don't get any of this stuff. But speaking of vision, you know, I went to doctor David Whiting back in the day. I got your basic right, so I got sure I have excellent vision. I'm not. I'm not saying I don't. But when you get your real idea, when you get your license renewed, you know, they give you the quick vision test. I'm like, well, I'm in an asis. Went to doctor David Whiting, but I was kind of taking a back But you put your head in there, but you're facing a little mask there and then and the guy goes and the guy goes read the top line. I'm like whatever, and he's like, all right, that's it. I'm like, that's it, the top line. Who can't read the top line? Is it? Just e?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it was amazing. But then he's like, what lights do you see? And there were you know, both lights on? Yeah, a vision of both's going off on my I can see both, and he goes, right, you're good, Mike. So I can see a little bit on the sides of my eyes and I can read the top line. And you're like, go on with you? So no, you know, I don't. I don't wear contact lenses or glasses, but if I have no need for either on the back of my license, I'm like, man, we're letting anybody drive. Bridget Bardeaux is probably going ninety five miles an hour down the road. She can't see where with it.
Speaker 5: Damn.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you right now. I went and got my real idea. It's been two months ago now, and I took off my glasses to do the vision test and I couldn't.
Speaker 2: See crap, really, and then you still passed, and.
Speaker 3: The lady goes, we'll put your glasses on.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I can.
Speaker 3: She goes, well, yeah, you wear you glasses and you driveon. I'm like, okay, thank god, because I would not. I was mister magoo. I couldn't see anything without my glasses on. I'm blind to this I and apparently I'm losing this one too.
Speaker 2: God dang it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's scary. You know you are on the road that probably are like that. Well, it's because the screening processes. Can you read the top line? Yeah? And you throw on the fact that everybody's high these days.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that is number one problem right there. I'm gonna tell you that is it. I know it. People going forty in the fast lane like they don't even know.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I hate it. Hey, did did the game have a baby? On?
Speaker 3: Freddy?
Speaker 2: He did? How good for that man?
Speaker 4: How great was that he gets he gets a fumble recovery and then runs right to his family's suite and gives his son the football.
Speaker 3: And that was awesome. Then then there's a little sister on Friday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, no, I think it was another boy. I think so, okay, I can be wrong. Hey, speaking to younger sisters. According to Wikipedia, Mijeanu Bardeux, the younger sister of Bridgard Bardow, Crystal with us. She's eighty seven. I got a shot and.
Speaker 4: She's well, wait a minute, did Bridget Bardow have kids? Did she have a daughter?
Speaker 2: It's complicated. How so it's straight forward one child? It's complicated. Oh yes, uh.
Speaker 1: Humans through the part of the Wikipedia and there's a lot of there's some words in there.
Speaker 3: About I mean, that's what Wikipedia does, is the words thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there is a lot of reading here. Tempted suicide. Oh gosh, no, sorry, but I'm not made to be a mother?
Speaker 2: Oh lord? Yeah, well so.
Speaker 1: They wrote that her son was a cancerous tumor. Oh and she would have preferred to give birth to a little dog.
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Yeah, geez, let's move on. Well, okay, she'll tisted not Mother of the year. She wasn't a great mom. No, oh, man, I should have kept for scrolling. In her book, Richard Bardow criticized racial mixing, immigration, the role of women in politics, and Islam. Are you serious. The book also contained a section attacking what she called the mixing of genes, and praised previous generations, which she said had given their lives to push out invaders. This can't be written. This one was a pio. She goes up and marries a German guy. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I come on, what a hypocritegie. I mean, it makes sense why like three of her husbands were Frenchies.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She denied the racial hatred charge and apologizing court, saying I never knowingly wanted to hurt anybody. It is not in my character. See. I mean, I don't know why we're acting like, well, but now I won't date her. She's dead. We're bringing her up because she has passed away. We need to cancel her. God, did.
Speaker 4: You know, though, let's give let's give her some grace. I mean, it was a time in an era that was way different than what it is now.
Speaker 2: Nope, okay, Yeah. Her book was written six weeks ago. It was called My Final Hate Field words by Bridget Bardow. No, let's all, let's all be honest.
Speaker 4: If you guys had read the book, and you guys knew everything about her and and she walked into the room, yeah you still be like, I don't care, let's do this.
Speaker 2: Maybe not at ninety one, Well, no, not at ninety.
Speaker 4: One I'm just saying, you know, when she's thirty forty fifty, why not.
Speaker 3: Just like the rest of the time, though I'd immediately regret it when I was done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's not like it's not like you're going to be agreed to her. You're just like having a good time with her. Get your hate filled ass out of my house. I should have read your book first. All you have to do is speak a little French and you're good. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm gonna get her knocked up though.
Speaker 2: No, don't do that again, because not at ninety one. No, I don't think it's going.
Speaker 4: To work unless she can produce a puppy. She doesn't want it.
Speaker 2: Lamers are strong, not that strong. Let this real quick? Can I take one? Sure? I just read this.
Speaker 3: A six hundred and fifty foot mega tsunami is recorded by satellites and since seismic waves worldwide for nine days, this just happened.
Speaker 2: All right, dumb question? We undred and fifty feet greenlands? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Eastern edge rarely causes a stir Then with no warning, seismic instruments across the world lit up at the same time with a slow, steady rhythm. That lasted for nine full days. The pulse rose and fell every ninety two seconds. The rumble was too It was far too soft for people to feel, but strong enough to rattle bedrock from Alaska to Australia. No typical earthquake behaves that way. Seismists and scientists soon linked the signal to Greenlands Dixon Fjord, a narrow inlet ANDed in by three thousand foot cliffs on each side. Fresh satellite images showed a new scar where a section of mountain had vanished. Something colossal had struck the water and set the fjord in motion.
Speaker 2: It's too too lot. I'll just say it. Casauce isn't here. It's the sea beast man.
Speaker 4: See, here's what I don't understand. You said, the eastern side of Greenland. Yeah, what's that have to do with I know the oceans are connected, don't get me wrong, I'm not that stupid, But like, no word about what happened on the western side of Europe. Like we're talking about Australia and Alaska, right, which is on the other side. That's like there's a whole lot of land mass in between.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm continuing to read listen to check this out. September sixteenth, twenty twenty three, more than twenty five million cubic yards of rock and ice, enough to fill ten thousand Olympic sized pools, broke loose, broke loose, and plunged into Dixon Fjord.
Speaker 2: Can we stop there for a second.
Speaker 7: Yeah, how does anybody get helped by trying to picture the size of ten thousand fit sized pools?
Speaker 2: That doesn't help? Got it? Got it? Yep? I know exactly how much land that would cast. What are you talking about? Like? Who wrote that? Like this number is not palatable. Let's let's tell him. Let's give them a number in relation to the number of Olympic sized swimming pools, so they have a really good grasp of the size of the son of a big It's.
Speaker 4: Like one million milk jugs and it's.
Speaker 2: The nonical version of a football field.
Speaker 7: Geez.
Speaker 3: The impact turtle weird thing a tsunami wave that reached six hundred and fifty feet high. The searge barreled down the two mile corridor, bounced off the headland, and tore back again, wrecking roughly two hundred thousand dollars in equipment in an empty research posts in el Island.
Speaker 2: See when you said six to fifteen, I go, what does that even mean? I just I assumed it wasn't going to be vertical. Even if it's horizontal, that doesn't sound like that's that big? What am I missing here? And so the six fifty was vertical. That sounds I mean, that's insane.
Speaker 3: And it's because it's between those two land masses there. Yeah, cribes man, yeah, cripes.
Speaker 2: Hmm, Well I believe Body said it in Point Break What do you say the best when he was talking about the fifty years dormant Bells Beach where he basically said, you know, twice a century, the Earth basically shows how small we truly are or whatever I'm paraphrasing. He basically like opens up and then shows us the power of the Earth. We forget that. You know, there's stuff happening all over the place, underground, under sea.
Speaker 3: Remember when Saws freaked out about how many lightning strikes there were on the planet.
Speaker 2: Said we were said it was impossible.
Speaker 3: Said it was impossible.
Speaker 2: Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know what's weird about the you and loving Point Break so much?
Speaker 2: Go on?
Speaker 3: I think if you saw it these days when he jumped out of the plane.
Speaker 2: Where I've seen it recently played in the last like three months, and I loved it.
Speaker 3: If you were seeing it for the first time today, him jumping out of the plane would have pissed you so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, you would have turned off the movie.
Speaker 3: You would have hated the movie because of the impossibility of a man jumping out of an airplane and clinging onto another man and landing safely.
Speaker 2: That's the part that makes no sense, right you You could jump out of an airplane without a suit and then fly down and catch somebody and then connect yourself. But if you're just holding on when the ripcorry gets ripped, you would you would definitely go fly go up and you'd keep on. You would not be able to hold on when the parachute is actually launched. But if you could fly down there and then attach yourself to the person and essentially connect and lock up, sure that would work. Yeah, Like you didn't do.
Speaker 3: That, Like two dogs, pour some water off.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the thing that I thought was awesome about the podcast you sent me the what Went Wrong podcasts? Because I didn't know how this works. I don't know if you knew this, Ben or heard us discussing this a couple of months ago. I did not one of the complaints from a scientific standpoint, and you've you've been a skydiver in the past, you've done this, you would know this is the speed of uh which you're falling when you're skydiving, and the noise attached it's so loud. One criticism was the dumbest part of the skydiving scenes is that, like Body and Johnny Utah are having full on conversations. No, you pull it, man, No, you do it right. I'm not gonna do it. You pull it. Come on, man, Come on, capadre. It's like you would never be able to hear each other, even if you were screaming the sound, you wouldn't be able to hear the other person talking, and they're having just very casual, calm conversations. I didn't know that when I was watching it in nineteen ninety one or whatever, that you couldn't do that. And I didn't know that until a couple of months ago, that you would not be able to hear somebody screaming or yelling.
Speaker 3: In the original scene, they were sign language to each.
Speaker 4: Other see but quite as compelling though when they're using sign language. So that is that is one of the reasons why I can't watch the Mission Impossible movies.
Speaker 2: They're so dumb.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's like the realm of actual reality and possibility is so far fetched that I just can't do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The thing is, like I can do that with transformers, because I know that's those are like sci fi machines done on CGI. This is supposed to be real life and Tom Cruise is flying out of a tunnel after a helicopter explodes and he gets propelled two hundred feet and he just lands on the bed of a truck. Come on, come on, I can't do it. The stupid, stupid movie. Just don't say Point Break stupid.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 4: I love Point Break, Thank you. I think it's one of the best movies that's ever been created.
Speaker 2: Have you seen it? Me more? Have you seen Gary Busey lately? Yes, my god. I send those videos to Tommy Olsen on Instagram all the time. I'll send him a video of Busy look it right into the camera and all I type in when I send is this Utah get me two. Uh. He looks like he died thirty years ago. Yah, looks like the crypt keeper. Yeah, yeah, I can't believe it. It's I don't know, there's no nice way to say. This just doesn't look like he should be alive.
Speaker 8: No, he looks like he should be sitting on a porch in the Appalachians. Yeah, I mean all of that he looked. He definitely looks like he just he crawled out of a grave. Yeah, he's all teeth. Yeah, it's all weird.
Speaker 2: Hair on again. But remember the cameo where Bill Murray and Zombie Land was pretending to be a zombie so we didn't get eaten. That was the end of my sentence. That's it, you know what I'm saying like, it just looks like Bucy is uh the Walking Dead? I know, may I hope he lives forever? Me too.
Speaker 3: He ate his head on that moorcycle accent, you know, yeah, have been right since I.
Speaker 2: Don't want him dead. It just looks like, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a he had a moorcycle with no helmet on and scrambled his egg like forever huh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Benjamin. We have a couple of minutes to go here. It is New Year's Eve. In two days it will be the series finale of Stranger Things. I know you're cut up two hours wrapping it up. I don't know how they're going to wrap it all up in two hours. There seems to be a lot to still go. Any desire to go to the movie theaters? No? None, Okay no.
Speaker 4: I thought about it, like, I think it sounds fun in theory, but I'm not really going to take my whole family because my whole family's invested, like we we love watching it as a family, same and I'm not going to take.
Speaker 2: All five of them to the theater.
Speaker 3: I can't afford it.
Speaker 2: Can't do it. Yeah, going back again too, you know, like in the last what I don't know, ten twelve plus years. I think a lot of us love the opportunity to binge a whole series right where they released an entire season at a time when Stranger Things said we're going to do four on whatever it was Thanksgiving or we're close to Thanksgiving, We're going to do three on Christmas, and then we're going to do the finale on New Year's even, Like, what are they doing? Just give us the whole freaking season. I was wrong. This is the way to do it. I love it. It was the perfect amount to like get people to binge it and then talk about it and talk about theories and break it down. Then you give us three more and you get us right to the brink of the edge. And it's I like that model. It's it's the four to three to one model for this is gonna work, especially when the finale is two hours, so it's essentially we're all gonna watch a movie to wrap this thing up. It's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 4: It is gonna be can't wait to see how they wrap the perfect New Year's Day thing to lay around and watch.
Speaker 2: Totally, it's can't wait awesome.
Speaker 4: Even though there's gonna be football games on it, I'll be like one they like to watch some of those, but for two hours, man, I cannot wait.
Speaker 2: And again, maybe this is just me getting older. This is a flawed series as well. There's definitely things I'm like, Man, I wish they wouldn't have done this, or I don't understand why they're doing this, and what does this have to do with anything from season one or two, Like there's a lot of head scratchy moments. But fun is the word, right, This is this is just such a fun series, and it is ninety five percent family friendly too. There's some swearing and there's a couple of references that are like over the line, but who cares. I think it's last.
Speaker 4: I think it's lasted maybe a season in too long, just because you know, all of these kids are adults now.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 4: It's hard for them to play kids, you know, even though they're supposed to be in high school and all this other stuff. Like, I think that's a little bit of a stretch, but it's still really really fun. You and I already talked off there, like the worst parts of that that last episode were just there's ten there's actually like ten minutes of that one scene with Will that is so ridiculous and so unneeded. And then also the very very end when when what's but actually I don't want to spoil it, spoil it, but the time it takes for it for her to see the exit, Yeah, no, I know, yeah, you know, and I'm like just going rondo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some logic, but it's so much fun it doesn't matter. I'm with you though, Yeah, but it's such a different show. Season one was just there's a missing kid and there's a little bit of like supernatural things going on right now. It's all sci fi and wormholes and you're like, what the hell is going on? It's season one, everybody can follow along. Everybody knows what the hell is going on this season. You're like, do you even understand what planet they're on?
Speaker 4: But it's so But it was built naturally though, because it didn't seem like everything was like too far of a leap, because you knew in season one that was like, okay.
Speaker 2: This is sci fi. It's definitely sci fi. Definitely that. Yeah, so it can go a lot of different directs. Can't wait to see how they wrap it up.
Speaker 3: Thanks for coming in, ben Yeah, Benjamin Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we do not have a show on Thursday, so we'll see you in a week to break down the season finale, Vikings and Packers Sunday and noon. Then we'll talk to you next Monday. Zach, it's just you had me tomorrow? Are you ready for Let this buddy? Best of Luck nine to noon is next, The Powers of Returns tomorrow five thirty to nine. Are you already have ready for today? You too, have a dawn a lucky baby girl. Enjoy it and get ready for next year. It's gonna be a great year.