Speaker 1: About the way I want to be remembered.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm going to get fired because I didn't mean to.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be fire, but I don't be all right, stop it. You got to start it now. I can't get off that Paine grants on your lifetime offer.
Speaker 2: Johnny Bones, Okay, I'm not telling money.
Speaker 1: John got the same email.
Speaker 3: I made the decision to stay the story you did during the commercial break.
Speaker 4: I just got an offer for a lifetime membership to some filth.
Speaker 1: And I clicked on it. But I didn't realize when I clicked.
Speaker 4: On it it was going to be that filthy.
Speaker 1: Immediately said as an email subscriber. But it went to my junk mail.
Speaker 4: And I'm telling you I would not use my work email to subscribe to that website.
Speaker 1: Did you redeem the offer?
Speaker 2: I'm about to It's nine, it's a lifetime.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna live that, looney. Five years my God.
Speaker 4: Handed down to my family. This is my dad's born size yea, it was his dad's before his just.
Speaker 1: Like your go for tickets.
Speaker 4: I don't know things got weird in here, Marty. I don't know what happened, but I do know that we're going to continuous sports now because Saucy had more.
Speaker 1: To talk to us about Sacy I do yeah, go ahead, oh charchy in quie, let's see here.
Speaker 5: The World Cup continues today with Argentina battling Egypt at eleven and then Switzerland battling Columbia three pm. There's an outstanding tennis match between Cocoa Golf and Pegoula. I forgot her first name, but they're both great and this will be an outstandings.
Speaker 2: Like something I would order at a fancy restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or get a lifetime.
Speaker 2: Offer from the Coco Go and some Poula.
Speaker 1: Yep. The All Star Baseball Game is one week no baseball.
Speaker 5: It's a week from today and Byron Bucks and unless he severely hurt, will be the All Star starter for the first time in his career in center field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a questionable.
Speaker 6: He had to leave Sunday's game with reaggravated hip injury.
Speaker 1: No no, no.
Speaker 6: I wonder if they might not even put it on the IL this week, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: We'll see whether or not he plays or not.
Speaker 6: I would also want to be shocked if he just takes the takes some time off over the All star break to try and get past this thing.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 3: I agree with Bunny. I mean they've been on the road so unless you're on the road trip, we don't have the insight. And yesterday so tbd. I'll be at the ballpark today.
Speaker 6: Yes, first, the first home game after road trip. You have to get a lot of injury updates, and I expect that you get a lot of injury updates as well as made potentially some roster moves.
Speaker 2: Today's game starts at one.
Speaker 5: Six forty I think, Yeah, Kash Bradley goes for your Twinsday battle the Guardians tonight.
Speaker 1: They're forty four and forty seven.
Speaker 2: A great night you go out to the old ballpark. Is supposed to rain though at night.
Speaker 3: Dollar Dog Guy between six forty and ninety though, yeah.
Speaker 1: Dollar Glaespies. No, they're hot Dog.
Speaker 3: Oh it cooked something interesting on the broadcast for all three games it is analysts only, meaning there is no Cory provis on though, well he passed. It was bound to happen.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: You know, he lives a dangerous life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does a lot about that.
Speaker 3: Corey Probs is just fine, but he is not working this series. But there are four analysts and they are rotating the play by play, duties, duties, they are rotating everything. It's Glenn Perkins, Justin Morno, Trevor Ploof, and Dinard Spam.
Speaker 2: That's starting.
Speaker 3: Man, I believe it's Trevor Proof tonight doing play by play, and each one of them is taking a turn, and that in itself is high entertainment. Tomorrow Tomorrow, Trevor Ploof and Denard span are each wearing a headset and each one of each is down the first baseline and third baseline, leaving Justin Morno and Glenn Perkins in the booth. And so all three games between the Twins and the Guardians feature some rotation of these four guys. And again no traditional that's really by play guy in the booth.
Speaker 1: It could be.
Speaker 2: Very interesting, right, it could be.
Speaker 6: I'm going to be at the game. I will have to record that because I do not want to miss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a.
Speaker 3: Level of we're having fun and we're just out here, but there's also a level of professionalism where you can't go totally off the rails. It's still a professional project product a Major League Baseball game, and they did it last year, not quite to this extent, So I have a little bit of a baseline to work with, but they're definitely expanding it this year. And our producer Rick Palermo, Ricky P two Chains, Ricky, sometimes what's going to happen?
Speaker 2: So how are you involved?
Speaker 3: I'm hosting the pregame in the post game?
Speaker 2: Okay, got it? So you know not it could like you're saying, because I'm.
Speaker 3: The hand in the mooths and say what.
Speaker 2: You don't have a conductor. Sometimes it's a train. Yeah, sometimes that's fun.
Speaker 1: And that's why why hawks.
Speaker 3: Here, That's why to chains Ricky P. What producer is sort of in their ears. It's sort of directing them to, hey, you you.
Speaker 1: Have to pull it back.
Speaker 3: You have to stop talking, you have to start talking.
Speaker 1: He's sort of yeah, helping that well.
Speaker 5: That the NBC Sunday Night broadcast is outstanding.
Speaker 7: That Jason uh Benetti, he's and they had they had like CC Sabbathia, Jake Peeve and I think Greg Maddox were all on the call and it was awesome because like Sabbathia, like you were saying, sits in like this, like down the first baseline and they just give like all this insight like what what broadcasts are doing now with sports that aren't football, and knowing that they had to kind of spice it up is outstanding.
Speaker 5: When you get these former players that know the situation and like even like Mornau, he's so good at it. But when you have like a professional like Sabbathia, like called a couple like Romo kind of does for the football where he's like, he's gonna throw something high and outside the guys are gonna be looking for it, and he was one hundred stuff like that.
Speaker 3: They tell you why he's going to throw, and you and just something you've never thought about. There's an insight and you're like, oh, that's why he throws over in that situation of the the insight and the thoughtfulness to a baseball game, Yes, I learned something every inning. Yes that Justin Morneau works a baseball game the details, but he thinks in a game.
Speaker 2: Are he's too step to be able to have that kind of insight?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Things, And that's why I love doing the job A million reasons, but one of the reasons I love doing the job I do when Ben leeber and in my ear talking to me about football, I'm learning so much I never would have ever known.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Pete's two or three plays ahead. It's amazing how and Ben is too. But like these guys like they'll as the play develops, you'll hear Pete or Ben off the mic go they're gonna go this way because they've seen a shift in the defense and they know the guys running this route.
Speaker 1: It's outstanding.
Speaker 4: I'm sure it's very good, like that times a million in baseball because it's it's way more than just swinging the head at the ball. And you know, I again, as somebody who's just a fan, I would never know that there's that much going into it until they tell you.
Speaker 2: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 5: And they've done it now with like prime video in the NBA broadcast, or they have the guys sitting or side at the end of the man, it's so good, man, What what when these when you've had to up your game because the in game experience is so good going to the game and with HDTV and all these fantasy daily sports and everybody's gambling, the more insight you can get, the better. And they a lot of these companies have nailed it. And there were times where some of these companies wouldn't go forward with it. They just did the traditional uh, straight guy in the booth and then the play.
Speaker 1: By play and that's it.
Speaker 2: And it was like.
Speaker 5: Correct, but it got it got stale. And now that they've opened it up to doing all these different things, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Some of these broadcasts are so good.
Speaker 5: Because these guys that were in the league want to be a part of it because it's a good career. It's the next step that some of these guys and a lot of Jake Peevey and c ccs.
Speaker 1: Of Ath and Greg Maddix don't need the money. They're just sit it for the love of the game. That's awesome. Well, I'm just saying it. I love it. I love it. I think it's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sorry, I'm high strugg the string was pretty high there.
Speaker 1: I had to come down. Sorry, I appreciate it. But yeah, it's sweet. Yeah, it's good for sports.
Speaker 2: It's good for sports.
Speaker 1: Sports are fun, they are they can be. Yep, it's time for on the Power Trip, presented.
Speaker 5: By I know for but thank you right God, and tell me what you have to So ESPN has ranked their best projected starting lineups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by the way one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks surf side right, Mary, Yes, thank you, serf Side.
Speaker 3: I love you, serf side Side. The fourth of.
Speaker 5: July, who do you think ESPN has given the number one head to toe roster, the best.
Speaker 1: Roster in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Rams Yeah, two, New England, three the Seahawks, four Buffalo and five Baltimore. Okay, okay, we're where do you think your Minnesota Vikings are on this list of ESPN's top thirty two full roster?
Speaker 4: That's higher than we think. Twelve, that's what I was gonna say. Twelve, I'll go twenty.
Speaker 1: Twelve is the Kansas City Chiefs, Marty.
Speaker 3: What is ten?
Speaker 1: Ten is one of us? Hold on here, hang on. One of us. Ten is the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 5: Your Minnesota Vikings are twenty second, twenty second. They say the biggest strength of the team is the pass catchers Jefferson, Jordan Addison, Juwan Jennings and TJ.
Speaker 1: Hawkinson.
Speaker 2: And they say the biggest.
Speaker 5: Weakness quarterback, running back, running back. So yeah, let's forget them. Then twenty second is low, especially with the roster that they have on off that's a low.
Speaker 1: That's low.
Speaker 2: And they didn't bring up.
Speaker 5: Big Citrus, No they didn't.
Speaker 1: But yeah, twenty two of your thoughts. It's way too.
Speaker 5: Low, way too low, way too long. Yeah, it's okay, Yeah, it's the quarterback. Nobody knows what they're doing with that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, all right, you know what, let them let.
Speaker 3: Them let him down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's dead? Who's dead? Last?
Speaker 8: The Jets, Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 1: You are correct, Max, So Miami Dolphins are dead. They're going to be so buns.
Speaker 5: They're going to be full cheeks, full cheeked out.
Speaker 1: Thirty first is Cleveland, Who's going to be buns?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then tied to twenty ninth is the Cardinals and the Falcons. Yeah it's yeah wo U was moving on up yeah, second to twenty ninth, thirty second, Miami is a horrible roster.
Speaker 2: No one knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the Great's a good NFL.
Speaker 4: Every year there's four teams that were, as you guys say, buns, which I still think is an improper use of the term.
Speaker 1: Buns are great, bottoms are great.
Speaker 2: You guys treat them bad.
Speaker 1: We treat them bad.
Speaker 2: You you talk about how.
Speaker 1: You don't know how we treat treat.
Speaker 9: You, talk about them buns of all siresh bun fresh.
Speaker 2: Buns, those buns.
Speaker 1: Your face like that you're on camera. That's a different guy.
Speaker 2: Argine Morris. A final hour after this on the fans from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Roncato dot com.
Speaker 3: Good morning, we have delays.
Speaker 1: Never get.
Speaker 2: You right, hey, clock. Our parts of morning sare here.
Speaker 4: We are Marny Garner and Johnny Bones and the Man Studio again Detroit Lakes. I hope, first of all, hope you're all okay, and second of all, we will be there this Friday.
Speaker 2: Morning to play the initial game.
Speaker 4: I don't think we're in the same place we always are, right, Am I right about that?
Speaker 1: Am?
Speaker 2: I is that memory?
Speaker 5: I think that place is under construction. I think we're somewhere new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's gotta be close to there.
Speaker 1: I'm guess right, yeah, I think you're correct.
Speaker 4: I'm sure somebody knows, and we probably know. I just don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I'm like, as emailed us, did you delete it?
Speaker 2: Probably no, I don't delete his email.
Speaker 4: I just I just I get more important emails from special deals on lifetime memberships, you know.
Speaker 3: Just checking my messages. I have no offers for a private plane Thursday evening course Friday.
Speaker 1: Once he's up, he'll pay for it and get you there.
Speaker 2: That is the day game, right Thursday.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, so you could potentially get on a plane and fight to us and they'll drive it home.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I actually I I have done that before. I have driven myself. It's just a really tight turnaround.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm done at the.
Speaker 3: I'm done at the ballpark at like four is and then it's a straight shot to d L and it's a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Those are my people.
Speaker 2: I know they are.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll tell you what, if you get a wild hair and you want to do it, I'll wait around and ride with you if you want.
Speaker 1: We can take the van.
Speaker 2: You can take nap. It'd be great. You won't know how I'm driving.
Speaker 3: Do you still have that van?
Speaker 2: Of course?
Speaker 4: I have a different van now, but I have a van. Yeah, and you know you may wake up in heaven, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Right, No doubtside.
Speaker 3: What is your travel plan is of now?
Speaker 2: I don't have one yet because.
Speaker 3: It's only Tuesday, so you you don't have Thursday mapped out.
Speaker 4: I'm not even sure I'm going to live that long. Yeah, strike, that's right. Important things to hear. But but I I don't mind waiting around for you, and we could You could drive to the lovely Rogers area.
Speaker 2: Just jump in the van and we'll take off. I get no problem with that.
Speaker 3: I remember last time we did that. Yeah, I drove through Raising Canes yep, got me some lunch, and then we met in the Bell Bank parking lot, because there's a bell Bank right next to Raising Canes in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you let me know. I'm I'm afraid.
Speaker 1: It's scared. It's scared.
Speaker 2: I ain't scared.
Speaker 3: You decide, Okay, Well that actually changes things because what I didn't want to do is work all day in the heat and then drive myself right three and a half hours.
Speaker 4: That's right, right, right, right, So we could give a shower in the van. Well, I mean, you know there's water bottles double his toilets as well.
Speaker 2: By the way, just so.
Speaker 3: You know, all right, I'd like to retract.
Speaker 1: My last question.
Speaker 4: A study by the Albert Einstein College of Medicine found people in their eighties who maintain an exceptionally quick walking pace are far more likely to stay mentally sharp then they're slower moving peers. Researchers say that when you walk, your heart's beating faster and pumping blood and not only into your muscles but into your brain.
Speaker 2: The faster you go, the more blood it gets to the brain.
Speaker 4: Similar benefits are found in people who swim or cycle quickly as well. If this is the case, Corey will live forever. I've never known anybody that walks faster than him. It's impossible to stay.
Speaker 1: Up with them. No, yes, it is. He walks for the purpose.
Speaker 4: Yes, he's always going somewhere. Yeah, yep, even when he's got nowhere to go.
Speaker 1: Yep. He walks very fast.
Speaker 4: He does walk fast. Yeah, although I don't think I've ever seen him for too long at a time when we're not on the air together, even in Vegas, I think he disappears.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does.
Speaker 2: He's a magician. What magician, Oh, don't.
Speaker 1: Pull a rabbit out of air.
Speaker 10: Course, walking is like one of the most important things that you could do, or some of what I've learned, Like all these different studies come out all the time, and it's one of the keys to a long healthy life. It's just a small, simple thing. But if you go out there and walk every day. It's like the big deal, man it is.
Speaker 2: Here's another big deal, Martie. Listen to this. Okay. This lady's name is Kelly Feldner. Maybe and maybe she related to her. I don't know, but she.
Speaker 4: Likes being in boats right, and she decided she was going to try something real hard. So she got in her rowboat in California and went to Hawaii.
Speaker 1: Buy it.
Speaker 11: The thirty two year old arrived at Alawai Harbor late Friday after forty three days at sea. Bendler began the journey on her twenty one foot rowboat from central California. She traveled more than twenty three hundred miles across the Pacific. Now Ocean Rowing Society International data shows that she also appears to be the youngest and fastest person to complete the root solo and unassisted. I'm Mark Mayfield, thirty two years years old, forty three days, no rowboat, in a rowboat by herself.
Speaker 5: So this is a stupid question. Give it that time here, give it hell. You have to sleep at some point, so do you just let God take the wheel?
Speaker 1: Go to the bathroom. I was just like, God take the wheel.
Speaker 4: First of all, I agree, you have to sleep. It's forty three days. Second of all, yeah, I'm gonna guess you two and one, yeah and probably three sometimes yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well you got to get the poison out. Yeah, yes, all of that all yes, I don't want to it's all legit, but you're right hammer.
Speaker 1: But you know, what the hell do you do if there's a storm. You're a rowboat.
Speaker 2: You're in a rowboat, and you know she's a storm.
Speaker 3: You're a protection from the sun, right, yeah, shade?
Speaker 1: What do you do?
Speaker 3: So many questions, Yeah, a lot of elaborate was this robe?
Speaker 2: Is it just it's a twenty one just twenty one foot roboat?
Speaker 4: I bet let me look and say, I bet I can find a picture of it for us.
Speaker 1: That that sounds hideous.
Speaker 3: And if you do fall asleep and get drift down, how do you know.
Speaker 6: Well, I presume there is a spot or like there's got another ship or something kind of with you just making sure that you know, if the storms are rolling in and you're going to die, they you've got some other option, Like I doubt it.
Speaker 1: I don't that sounds I doubt it. I didn't say in the.
Speaker 4: Article it says unassisted, but that I don't think that means that you don't have somebody watching you the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, yeah, I bet you're right. I bet you're right. And that's fine. I mean, it doesn't make it any less.
Speaker 1: No bad, but yeah, bad assery, but still.
Speaker 6: It makes a little less bad ass bad as Yeah, either way.
Speaker 1: Like a carnival cruise line following you.
Speaker 2: Okay, did you see this from here? Look at this? This is her roboat. It's it's it's not your like, you know, like, this isn't what they were taking down the Mississippi with Lloyd and Car or whatever their names were.
Speaker 1: Former coach of the.
Speaker 2: People explored over their names, not Lloyd.
Speaker 1: And car, Lewis.
Speaker 2: And Lewis Clark.
Speaker 1: Thank you Car. Here's your podcast. There's the guys that were in second.
Speaker 3: So this is your green like a navigation screen that doesn't and it doesn't like cabins, Yeah, it doesn't like sleeping quarters.
Speaker 2: And there's probably a eser in there as well.
Speaker 1: Who took that picture? Then weal, god, a bigger boat that you have to row.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it doesn't mean I'm not Yeah again, I know, nobody saying it wasn't a hard thing to do.
Speaker 3: Saran gloves, some sort of callous protection on the hands you see.
Speaker 2: I can't tell, but I'm going to guess very grip I'm reading here.
Speaker 10: She said that she had like severely blistered hands and struggled to sleep amid stiff wind.
Speaker 2: What you guys were complaining about earlier.
Speaker 1: I also wonder how much.
Speaker 6: Depends on like the forecast, you know, like, okay, we don't see.
Speaker 4: Away for the wind to change. That's a great film Castaway, damn it, man, I that movie Tom Hanks is pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the very sad.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what, though I started, I'm gonna write that down. I'm so glad you say that, because you know I started last night, yesterday whenever it was.
Speaker 1: You did a lot yesterday, I.
Speaker 2: Know, for not being up very long.
Speaker 4: I started keeping a list of some of my favorite moments in acting history.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for two reasons.
Speaker 4: Number one, I heard an interview with Ruthie from Mozart and that scene where she says, if you want to stop me, you're gonna have to blanking kill me is one of the greatest feats of acting that.
Speaker 2: I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: She's really good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I have to say, when you read on paper that a gentleman is going to have a heartbreak over a volleyball. There's no way a normal, average, everyday actor could pull off what Tom Aks did. Your heart breaks for him? Yeah, that's great acting, right, I mean, so that's what I'm doing. I'm keeping track of my favorite acting see something.
Speaker 1: And then you got an email and that through all that for a loop.
Speaker 2: Well, there's different types of you know, I really.
Speaker 1: Thought he was a pizza guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she wasn't stuck. I mean, it's good though, because you don't. Never mind, I'm gonna keep outing to myself.
Speaker 3: Melissa McCarthy and Bridesmaids.
Speaker 2: Obviously, obviously when she says I don't know which end.
Speaker 5: That came out of, that's that's one of those movies where I laughed out loud in the theater.
Speaker 1: That's such a good fare.
Speaker 2: Are so many great moments.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you're talking more dramatic.
Speaker 4: I'm talking any though, anything that you're impressed by, you know, you give her hell.
Speaker 8: Definitely that last scene in net Oh my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, yep, that's going in my top as well.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you body Bones, it's so good.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you the last fifteen minutes of that film will break any person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you A good way, in a good way, A.
Speaker 10: Good way, Corey. I couldn't even I was telling my I was. I cried in the theater and then I was telling my dog about it later my home.
Speaker 1: D d A. Yeah, that wasn't that.
Speaker 10: But I started crying just reiterating the scene to him.
Speaker 1: That's how powerful it was.
Speaker 4: And she's looking at the stage. Oh, and she's so pissed at him. She realizes that he had to do it the whole time. Oh my god, it's so good, Marnie. I want so badly for you all to see it.
Speaker 10: It's one of the best acting I've ever seen in mine.
Speaker 1: Top five.
Speaker 4: It's on par with Ruthie screaming that. It's on par with that. Okay, it's on par with that.
Speaker 1: It's so good.
Speaker 2: The look on her face, Oh my gosh, man, I cried. I mean, how many people can communicate that? And you know who else?
Speaker 1: I mean?
Speaker 4: Speaking of Ruthie, how great is she at communicating with her face?
Speaker 2: In Ozark?
Speaker 1: She's good at everything.
Speaker 4: Did you know she was filming Ozark at the same time she was filming that movie where she was the high class.
Speaker 5: The up or whatever, which is an unbelievable She's.
Speaker 4: In this podcast I listened to, which is called Talk Easy, which I was telling you guys about yesterday.
Speaker 1: She talked.
Speaker 2: He says to her, how did you do her Annadelphi?
Speaker 1: Yeah? No, no, no, no, what's the actor Ruthie?
Speaker 2: Anyway, the actor the.
Speaker 4: Interviewer, Maria's garner. The interviewer says, how did you because she went to prison and and and sat down with Annadelbie and he said, how did you come up with the accent for Annadelvi? How did you do that? And she takes them through the process and starts with I think she started with German accent and put in some Russian and she does it live in the interview. You can hear her do it. It's incredible. But at the same time, by the way, with.
Speaker 2: The Southern accent, and she has impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just love that character. I love that girl.
Speaker 4: I love I love anybody that's that comes you know, it comes from a hard situation like that, and you can root for him, you know, I love any character like that. And but she's she's so much smarter than her surroundings and what she was born into.
Speaker 3: Both yeah, right, yeah, how Ruthie pronounces her brother's name Wyatt.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, what unbelievable.
Speaker 5: I mean, Darlene, she's only thirty two and she's fantastic.
Speaker 2: She's so good, man, she's so good. It's so crazy.
Speaker 4: Like I love listening to people interviews where you get to know people. And this guy Sam is so good on Talk Easy at getting to the point with these these kids. Are these actors asking him questions I've never heard before, but he listens to and that's so important in her you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But my Gosha Julia Garner was she not going to play Madonna in the biopic, but that either never got off the ground.
Speaker 2: I didn't like the script.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, she's also the Silver Surfer and Fantastic four and she's excellent.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good. Yeah, Fantastic four is legitimately the new one.
Speaker 2: Is in high school.
Speaker 1: At least you were fantastic. If you're fantastic.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I encourage you to listen to that interview and the one he did with Talk Easy.
Speaker 2: With Talk Easy with a forced camp.
Speaker 1: I just said his name, Tom Hanks.
Speaker 4: The interview did with Tom Hanks. Man, you can't believe how good this interview is. And you I've never heard Tom Hanks talk about acting in the way that he did. It's incredible. He talks about Castaway quite a bit in this interview and and how much that film defined him as a person. I don't know how people do the acting thing. I'm so impressed by. I get so self conscious. Even in the little thing I did a chant Hassen this last couple of weeks, where I had two lines in two different parts of the of the the musical.
Speaker 2: I was so self conscious.
Speaker 4: That's That's the thing that that I didn't expect when it came to quote unquote acting is how self conscious you get pretending and you have to overcome that, and that's not an easy thing to do to get up there. The second time I did it, I did an accent. You know, I didn't do it the first time, even though I'd been planning on doing it, because at the last second I was embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Weird, what a thing it'd be fun to be good at it.
Speaker 10: Like when we were talking about just the baseball broadcast a second ago. Is that you don't really understand how much goes into it until you hear someone on the inside break down all the different approaches that they had to take and how many tries it took. And now sometimes it's like, you know, hawk like when you listen to people talk about a song. Sometimes it's like, yeah, it came in twelve seconds and it's the biggest hit we've ever had, And other times it's like, it took me months and months and months to get lost in this role.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh you want to again. I'm sorry, I'm going on on, but I just found all this guy's interviews. Alanis Morsett. Yeah, he he'd an interview with her, and the questions he asked her were fantastic, But he was asking her specifically about writing Jagged Little Pill and if she remembers and who she was writing to, and he asked her specifically about questions and when he gets to the song hands Clean, which isn't on that record, but.
Speaker 2: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Oh it's so good, he says.
Speaker 4: He asked her, he goes, who are you talking to? And she goes, oh, I'm talking to myself. That's me talking to me. And hearing her say you know that, listening to the song, yeah, but hearing her say that is giving me goosebumps right now, you know, uh, the place that she had to go to to tell that story, you know. And then there's also funny things too, like do you guys remember and maybe I never saw it? In Kirby Enthusiasm, there's one episode where sort of on the uh the bit is Alanismore sets in it and he's Larry's trying to get her to tell him who I'm here to remind you who that song is about? And she whispers into his ear who it is? Just like a Carly Simon thing, you know. And he asked her about that. He said, what'd you whisper into his ear? Which is a great question. They had to cut it eleven times, and ever time she said a different name fed to her by Jeff Garland just to make Larry David laugh.
Speaker 1: That's a great pit.
Speaker 4: Yeah anyway, yeah, good stuff. Yeah, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, rowing across.
Speaker 1: The across the Pacific Ocean.
Speaker 4: Exactly right. We should hit this because we have a sponsor and I want to say thank you. It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, brought to you by the Saint Paul.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Saint Paul.
Speaker 1: Saints.
Speaker 2: Let me back soon. Saints baseball dot com.
Speaker 4: That's Saints baseball dot com on what your name Johnny Bones? Yes, Sir cade Cavali. Oh, he's a right hander for the Washington Nationals. Yes, I just read that they dropped a suspension from seven games to five games?
Speaker 1: Did he beat somebody up? I don't know, no idea, because.
Speaker 4: The seven game suspension for getting in the fight in baseball, it's pretty big, right.
Speaker 2: Did they hand that kind of thing down very often?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean with pictures, you'll often hear something a little bit longer because they you know, a four day suspension means nothing to a starting pitcher. It just means you're going to make the next start if you don't play, if you only play once every five days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 6: I guess this pushes him back, you know, one day overall on his normal rotation.
Speaker 2: I got it, Okay, gotcha?
Speaker 1: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know, man, but it seems like they're there just aren't enough fights in baseball. That's former NCAA men's basketball player named Kerr Chrissa k R I s s no kr. I say, I don't know if you guys remember the name or not, but listen to this. Was indicted for wire fraud Oh my god, amounting to at least two point two million dollars. He's twenty five years old. He was arrested in Lectionington, Kentucky, on Friday, remains in custody as as of Monday morning. Played for Arizona, West, Virginia, Kentucky, and Cincinnati I mean really good basketball strategy. Yeah, during his six year college career that ended last season. He's accused of carrying out a scheme at each school along the way. The indictment, unsealed Monday, says he posed his other people, both real and fictional, to request money, including posing as a as his own mother and requesting money from a victim for alleged cancer treatments, and requesting money to helps save a family farm. The filing said Chris also falsely claimed he never received a payment from a victim in order to request a replacement payment payment I should say. The indictment said Chris would falsely tell victims he would repay them hundreds of thousands of dollars and said that Chrystal used wire transfers to transmit the money.
Speaker 1: He did it at every step of the way.
Speaker 2: My god, more on this statement of the story. I'm sure's coming, but my goodness.
Speaker 6: Man, Yeah, that seems almost you can't need the money that bad, No, I mean it feels like a compulsion, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right. Problem. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Originally from Estonia, which by the way, is beautiful, it really is. He began his college career at Arizona, spent three seasons from twenty twenty to twenty twenty three. Then you spent one season each at West Virginia, Kentucky and Cincinnati. He was engaging the alleged fraud from twenty twenty two to February of twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Hell of a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a long con.
Speaker 2: Long con the con, the con con.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it almost seems like premeditate, Like it's like I'm gonna go for a little bit, then I'll go here.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, sounds like a Leo DiCaprio movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: So, anyway, what else you got for sports anything?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, I got two things that just popped.
Speaker 5: Donovan Mitchell of your Cleveland Cavaliers is signing a four year extension work.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and seventy three million dollars.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, yeah, he can he's got a full trade kicker and a player option in the twenty thirty twenty thirty one season, And Kyle Lowry says he will retire from the NBA as a member.
Speaker 1: Of the Toronto Raptors. He announced on his social media.
Speaker 5: So two basketball things as we all wait to see what Lebron James will do. Marnie, your thoughts on Lebron James, Well, Rosie.
Speaker 3: I cried tonight and I am in on this drama.
Speaker 2: I'm in.
Speaker 3: It's so different than previous Lebron Lebron rama because teams don't have to clear out their rosters and make room for his max contract of multiple years. And it's just so interesting that we actually, as the Minnesota tim rules, have a valid opportunity. It's not zero. I don't think anyone honestly believes that we're the choice, but I mean to believe we have a five percent, nine percent whatever it is chance, and then we can actually be in on the conversation and have a legitimate, wise conversation about it is fun.
Speaker 1: It was such a great fit for him.
Speaker 2: This is a it ain't gonna happen, I think, and we're.
Speaker 4: Really late, but yeah, this is is it or not ridiculous?
Speaker 2: Because I watched PTI last night or actually listen to them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know they were talking about the thing and the number one reason they cited number one more than anything, was the weather here.
Speaker 3: That he would not come here.
Speaker 1: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was number one, but it was one of the main things they said. Okay, well it sucks, it does, especially during basketball season, right, But is that a ridiculous thing?
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it's kind of it.
Speaker 8: I think it is because he's from Cleveland.
Speaker 4: I understand it's not Miami. It's still not in Minnesota though, Yeah.
Speaker 5: But also they play forty one games on the road, right, Like, it's not like he's stuck here and.
Speaker 8: He's not going to live here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is your life though, Mark, Yes, and I have. I traveled for ten years full time with the with the Timberwols going in and out of signature.
Speaker 5: And.
Speaker 3: It is a big deal and it is a big deal to these players. And to say the weather is not a factor that incorrect. I'm saying what if they said on BTI, It is true. It does wear on people, especially if you're not from here, right, and you've lived in la as Lebron has.
Speaker 1: The LIAMI sure before yeah right now.
Speaker 3: Could he suck it up for one season and play, of course he could, But the weather in Minnesota during the winter is a factor.
Speaker 2: I'm glad.
Speaker 3: I don't want it to be. We don't like that it is, but it one hundred percent is.
Speaker 4: I'm glad you said it because it is not ridiculous. You get one life and you've already won championships and you're gonna make millions no matter where you go. You don't have to come here if you don't want to because of the weather.
Speaker 2: It does, factory just does.
Speaker 5: But I think the other thing that Lebron has and I know we're late, is if he cherry picks himself onto like Oklahoma or the Spurs, he's gonna get ripped. If he just attaches himself to a roster that can win him a championship, he's gonna get ripped. I think if he goes to Cleveland, which everyone thinks he will, that's boring. And I think the challenge is coming here where the hat where we never won a championship in the sport with a legit superstar. In Anthony ed words, I think two and a half months of cold weather.
Speaker 1: I think he can deal with.
Speaker 3: I think two and a half months, I mean only seven months.
Speaker 4: Only Timberwolves fans will echo what you just said, but anybody from anywhere else in the country, which they are stupid.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I hear you, I hear you, man. Yeah, the weather is a factor.
Speaker 3: For those of you have who have flown in and out of Signature, which is a private terminal, there's no jetway, and so when you walk off the plane, which and on the plane, and I'm not saying, oh a few ultimate athletes, I'm not saying that. It just is a factor. And we land at two in the morning and the wind is blowing, yes, and you you feel these elements and you're you have somebody start your car and it's warming up. It's just it is just something you have to go through twenty sometimes or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just is.
Speaker 3: And it's something other players talk to other players about. It's not fun and we don't want to hear it.
Speaker 1: Don't forget about the test too. Yeah, they can't do nearly enough money anyway. Yeah, we're so late. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: Fun stuff and we come back around. We're gonna do that family feud thing again. We come back to me fun. You're right by parche More show.
Speaker 1: I so Fa starting Monday, give me grow.
Speaker 4: Tommy Olsen up, Good morning, Tom's looking forward to seeing your face on Thursday, I hope easily the Parte Morning Show and it is the final segment of the day. We've got Marni Gallimer over there, who will be on Twins Television pre and post starting tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Marny. It's good to see your face. Where can I watch that.
Speaker 3: Quin TV? I just had of course, I just had to bite at my protein bar.
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you're on breakfast this morning.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You're welcome. Quin's TV all weekend on weekend weekend and.
Speaker 4: Johnny Bones Beans Bonds Bones. What do you have going on with Twins Daily that we could be involved?
Speaker 6: I mean, I'll spend tonight on the surf side deck probably having.
Speaker 1: Is that, Yeah, having a couple of dollar dogs.
Speaker 6: Hanging out watching the Twins hopefully thump Cleveland Guardians. If you are into MLB draft, yes, nobody covers Nobody covers the MLB draft like Twins Daily. We have a whole bunch of guys who are obsessed by it. Yeah, and so we all have so much coverage on the first pick on Saturday, but also the rounds.
Speaker 1: Two through ten on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Also also eleven through I think it's just twenty now, but it might even go further than that on Sunday. Yeah, you know, live a lot of live coverage, immediate stories. Yeah, my guys love the draft that they love the prospects. Yeah, sure do.
Speaker 4: We're going to play a new game, okay, because I like games and I know you guys do too. This one, though it's called Predictors Part two. We used to play a game called Predictors back in the day. It's a different game completely. Where Sauce would say, sing a weird song, yes, predicting things. We would do ridiculous things that had nothing to do with predicting things. We just liked him having to do work. Today's Predictor's Part two is where you guys try to predict what Sauce is going to answer to these following questions like this. I'm using family feud questions because I bought the game and it cost me twenty dollars. Okay, I write it off, and the government's gonna think it cost me fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Hopefully they don't listen to this episode.
Speaker 4: Correct, He's going to have sixty seconds to answer these questions. I might reduce it to thirty. I want him to be under pressure, right, So I want you, guys not to answer what you think. I want you to write down on your p to the paper what you think Sauce is going to say. Every right answer is going to get you ten points. All right, Okay, are you guys ready?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The first question is going to be name something that people adjust. Please just write down your answer on your piece of paper. What do you think Sauce is going to say? Name something that people adjust. I'll give you five seconds to answer that something people adjust. Next question, name something you bend your knees to do. Name something you bend your knees to do. You know I'm gonna reduce the thirty seconds. I want him to have to be really scrambling. Okay, something you bend your knees to do? Question three, Name something hung on a classroom wall, something hung on a classroom walk?
Speaker 2: What will Sauce say? Predictor's version.
Speaker 4: Number four, Name a food people are squeamish about eating a food people are squeamish about eating What will he say? And finally, predictors too, what will he say? Edition name a reason why a restaurant might refuse service to someone. They're writing their answers down. Each correct answer is going to give them ten points predicting what Sauce will say.
Speaker 2: Are you guys finished one second?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Okay, somebody waveled Saucy in wave a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got a terrible answer for number four.
Speaker 2: Come on in.
Speaker 4: So he's over in the other studio, Pry talking about food with Nordo. Have you guys ever noticed like if you walk in those two talking, it's always food. What I'm just saying. Listen, there you are, buddy, Are you with us? I have five questions you have.
Speaker 2: To bless you?
Speaker 1: Yes, bless you, bless you.
Speaker 4: I have five questions and you have thirty seconds to answer them all.
Speaker 2: So you ain't got much time.
Speaker 1: Okay, write them down.
Speaker 4: You have to let answer out loud. They've already written their answers down. Okay, okay, we're gonna do this quickly. Okay, you guys a straight face him hide your answers here we go.
Speaker 2: Are you ready? I'm starting to clock in three?
Speaker 1: Two?
Speaker 2: Go name something people adjust?
Speaker 1: Name something people adjust the thermostat.
Speaker 2: Name something you bend your knees to do.
Speaker 1: Pick something up?
Speaker 2: Name something hung on a classroom wall?
Speaker 1: Uh coat.
Speaker 9: Food, people are squeamish about eating, uh peaves? The reason why a restaurant might refuse service to someone drunk.
Speaker 11: Okay, Oh, Max feels pretty good about that one.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I didn't get that one. What is wrong with me? All right?
Speaker 4: There were his answers. I have them written down. The number one question was name something people adjust? Max, you said thermostas? Oh you Marty you said, okay, yep.
Speaker 2: And Bonnie you said, I said the.
Speaker 1: Package Thermos said?
Speaker 2: Was what Saucy says? Is you get the point there?
Speaker 1: Max O, thank you.
Speaker 2: Name something you bend your needs to do?
Speaker 1: Saw said pick something up. I quite literally wrote pick something up? Wow? Joking, Wow, give your kid a bath? Okay, Bony pick something up?
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: So twenty points right for Bony, none for Mars.
Speaker 4: Right now we've got named something hung on a classroom wall?
Speaker 1: Sauce set a coat?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, sorry, what did you say?
Speaker 3: Max?
Speaker 1: I said, Map's a good one.
Speaker 2: Map is a good one. What did you say, Mars?
Speaker 1: I said the alphabet. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: And you said what is that pictures?
Speaker 4: You said pictures. Okay, So nobody got any points on that one. Right now again Max is your leader, followed by Bony and then Marts.
Speaker 2: Is coming up right now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: The next question was a name of food. People are screamers about eating sauced peas.
Speaker 2: What did you say, maxill.
Speaker 10: I thought he might go the ripping Zach route, so I said jelly donut.
Speaker 3: Mars you say oysters?
Speaker 2: Oysters? And what did you say? I said cheese cheese No no, he said for weird cheese.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And lastly, name a reason why a restaurant might refuse service to someone.
Speaker 2: Max.
Speaker 4: You said drunk. That's exactly what Sauce said as well. What did you say, Marn not wearing shoes?
Speaker 2: No shoes? There you go there? And what did you say about looking?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: There you got And so the wind goes to Max by a mile.
Speaker 1: Incredible. Sorry, do you have the.
Speaker 3: Family feud answers?
Speaker 2: Do you want to hear them? Number one answer said name something people adjust.
Speaker 4: Number one answer on the board was temperature thermostat Number two was car seats or seat belts. Uh, number three was the volume on something, number four was their belt, and number five was their glass. Top five answers for Name something you've bend your knees to do, Lift something, pray, squat, sit.
Speaker 2: Or exercise.
Speaker 4: Name something hung on a classroom wall. Top five answers clock, alphabet, chalkboard, map or calendar.
Speaker 2: Coach no coach, name of.
Speaker 4: Food people are screamings about eating octopus or squid, snails, oysters, sushi, liver, not peace. And lastly, name a reason why wrestaurants might refuse to serve you. Bad behavior, dressed inappropriately, no shirt, no shoes, or intoxicated.
Speaker 1: And that's fun.
Speaker 2: There you go, Predictors Sauce edition. We can make it better.
Speaker 3: The Sauce edition adds a twist, though, because now we're trying to think like him, so not necessarily trying to give the top family feud answer, trying to get That's.
Speaker 1: Why I'm so angry about missing drunk.
Speaker 4: I want you guys to try to predict the answers themselves. Okay, just yourselves. I'm gonna read some more. You ready, so you write down what your answer is going to be. All right, sauce, you have anything right with and be okay cool. Top five answer on the board. I don't say it out loud. Write down what your answer is going to be? Number one, What's something everyone should learn how to do?
Speaker 1: Got it.
Speaker 4: For three two one? Name something people talk about at parties five four three two one. Name a way you would cope with a snoring partner five four three two. Name something a twelve year old might wish for when they blow out their birthday.
Speaker 2: Candles five four three two one.
Speaker 4: And lastly, name a type of busines this that has regular customers five four three two one. Okay, everybody's done. Pens down please. Top five answers on the board. Okay, m hmmm, I'm gonna ask the question.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 4: Tell me what you said. What's something every one should learn how to do?
Speaker 2: Sauce?
Speaker 8: Read, bones, drive, drive, I said read as well.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Top five answers on the board. Okay, we're going five four three two one five for the number one.
Speaker 2: Answer four for two.
Speaker 1: You get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so keep tracking your scores please on our system.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Two of you said read, two of you said drive. Top five answer board Something everyone should learn how to do. Number one was cook. The four point answer was read, Yeah we go. The three point answer was drive right, Swim was number four and change tire was number five.
Speaker 1: Tire, change tire. That is something you should learn, kid. You know. Here we go. I was gonna put drive stick and then I just switched it to trump.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 2: No, uh name something people talk about at parties? What did you say?
Speaker 1: Saus gossip? Okay?
Speaker 2: What did you say? Bones?
Speaker 1: I said friends?
Speaker 4: What did you say, Mars show their vacation okay? And Maxo I said sports. That's not a good answer.
Speaker 2: We'll find out in your system. Here we go.
Speaker 4: Something people talk about the parties. Number one answer was other people?
Speaker 1: Is that gossip?
Speaker 2: I would say friends would say that's both.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's the five point answer. Four point answer was politics yucky, I know not at pizza. Three point answer was sports, I know. Number two point two point answer was work and one point answer was relationships. Vacation was not on there? Marn okay, Here we go? Uh name away you would cope with a snoring partner?
Speaker 2: Saws?
Speaker 1: You said the room?
Speaker 2: Uh bones?
Speaker 1: Wake?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is bold.
Speaker 3: Tape on their mouth?
Speaker 2: Geez and Max.
Speaker 1: Shut watch up?
Speaker 10: Montel don't start headphones, earbuds, headphones?
Speaker 2: Oh, okay good.
Speaker 4: A top five answer to the board five point answer was sleep elsewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: A number of the four point answer was ear plugs will go, headphones as.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: Three point answer was tell them to lay on their side. That's that's kind of wake up. Yeah, that's right and uh. A two point answer was nudge them. And the one point answer was wake them up. So I guess five four three three, So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: Marty got no no points again.
Speaker 1: Super clue.
Speaker 2: Who makes tape?
Speaker 4: To Charles Manson, Okay, Lord named something a twelve year old might wish for when they blow out their candles.
Speaker 2: Five point answer, I'm sorry, no, no, what did you say?
Speaker 1: Sauce puppy puppy, bony video?
Speaker 2: Oh mars iPhone? Oh good way, Max.
Speaker 10: It's probably not they're probably too old for this, but I said superpowers.
Speaker 2: Okay, good?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 4: Top five mans on the board. Keep track of the five point answer a gaming system or games nice, there you go, bony? Uh, four point answers new bicycle, uh huh uh.
Speaker 2: Three point answer a phone, there you go. Uh. The two point answer was money that place. One point one point answer was pony oh. And lastly, hope you've been adding up your points.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Name a type of business that has regular customer sauce bar, Oh yeah, okay, Bones.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be shocked by this answer.
Speaker 2: Restaurant, restaurant and uh max o I also said restaurant.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 4: Top five answer on the board, A number of five point answer will be fast food.
Speaker 2: That is not the same as restaurant. That is not uh number.
Speaker 4: The four point answer supermarket. The three point answer was restaurant, the two point answer was gas station. Okay, and the one point answer was target.
Speaker 2: Bar did not make it out of your cut up your points. Let's find out who him?
Speaker 1: I literally when he was in the band Moonshine. I got back to back zero. What was your total point?
Speaker 6: Sauce fourteen, Bonnie sixteen, Marns nine, Oh my god, max ow I got fourteen.
Speaker 1: And the winner's bone machine that is the right, right bones this job getting steak skunked one that last one. So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's the family feud game.
Speaker 1: You guys. That was fun.
Speaker 2: That was fun.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at Amazon lots of different mouth tape.
Speaker 2: There is definitely no mouth tape. Yes, not for snoring.
Speaker 1: I agree it is. She has really got typed in her search bow mouse.
Speaker 3: Tape for story black.
Speaker 8: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: Yes, people put tape on their mouths. I think that's the tape that can't be safe. I think it it's a new thing.
Speaker 3: Also, we don't have any start the fire. Matt's not a SNAr.
Speaker 1: But I've heard I've seen.
Speaker 6: These ads, pink breath training tape for adults. My god, I think this is nasal strips though. These are things that like the things you.
Speaker 1: Put over your nose.
Speaker 6: Right, mouth tape, She's right, there's a mouth tape for sing so weird.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of that.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 4: We all apologize to you. We will see you on the television, okay, and we love you, Barnie. We will see you in the funny pages and we love you. Yeah, and maybe we'll see you on Friday. Monks, we're still figuring that out. Par Chip Morning Show. Thank you for tuning in to our stupid little show.
Speaker 1: We'll be back tomorrow morning. There's nine. Paul Allen's next. Everybody have a wonderful day.
Speaker 2: Take it away, Hey, have a wonder for today. Don't forget everybody you don't have to you get to. It's all a mindset.
Speaker 1: Let me from the one eight hundred ASK Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 3: This report is sponsored by and Casino three
Speaker 1: Ninety four heavy eastbound from Highway one hundred tonight