Speaker 1: Is now on YouTube every morning starting at seven am.
Speaker 2: Just search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 3: Your keyword for right now is espresso. So open up the Guyheartradio app if you don't have it open already and just say the tap that red microphone. Say the keyword is espresso. Boom done. You are in the drawing to go to La to see Sabrina Carpenters sold out show and if you miss it this time, we'll do it again in thirty minutes. So we try to make it easy. All you got to do is just use that keyword. Say the keyword is espresso. Happy Monday on the phone with We've got all kinds of stuff going on. We've got more Boo Bash tickets coming up. We've got everything from Monsters the Pot to Sabrina Carpenter to reviews of things that we've done. So somebody said they saw that Prince musical over the weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I've heard a lot.
Speaker 3: It's not good. Yeah, yeah, what I heard is not good. I don't know what was worse, the Prince Musical or the Gopher game over the week Vikings did great this weekend because they had a bye week. Yeah, so they did not They did not lose and we got Annie on the phone, just something kind of random, out of the blue. Annie does something for a living that we all appreciate, but we should appreciate more. What do you do for a living?
Speaker 4: Annie, Hi, I am a daycare teacher.
Speaker 3: We appreciate.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 3: Just give us. You're not frustrated, you're not annoyed. You just want to kind of remind us of, like, you know, what you do and how they pay you, like like a diamond hour pretty much, right, Yeah, yep, yeah, talk to me a little bit about that.
Speaker 4: Well, I can read you the email that I sent you.
Speaker 3: Oh okay.
Speaker 4: So basically I have worked at multiple daycares and there's just like a consistent problem. The money just doesn't go to the people who actually work with the kids. So I work full time and after my first paycheck of the month, I have about twenty dollars, and after my second one, I have about twenty dollars left after all the bills. We're like not talking gas or anything like that. So it just gets really discouraging. I guess, like just being like around the kids, like being the one who comforts them, loves them, teaches them, and just having to walk away eventually just not sustainable.
Speaker 3: All daycares the same. I mean, you know, we appreciate daycares so much. They really make everybody's life so much easier. But we all though they're very expensive. I mean there's like a sticker shock when you have a baby. Yeah, you're like, okay, well there are a certain age let's get a well how much?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So are all daycares? Do they pay the same?
Speaker 2: Basically?
Speaker 4: You know, I have worked at three different daycares and they've all been pretty consistent with like what they say starting right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, well thanks for doing it. Reminder to be nice to your daycare. Do people come in and can what do parents complain about? Like your big kid got bit by another rotten kid? What do they complain about?
Speaker 4: Oh, we definitely hear that one. But a lot of the time it's just kind of like the dismissive tone of like when we tell them about their day, it's kind of like, oh ye all right, sure yeah, but it's like, we spend all day with your kids, and we love them. We just want to tell you about their day. Don't you want to know about today?
Speaker 2: Why do you think it's dismissive?
Speaker 4: Just kind of like, I mean, if I start telling them, like an exciting thing that happened, it's they don't only ask questions and they're kind of busy doing other things getting their kids ready. Which I get it, you've worked all day too.
Speaker 6: Yeah whatever, But it's just weird to me because I feel like as a I'm not a parent, but I would think as a parent, you'd want to be invested in know that you, as the daycarreed teacher, is paying attention to my kids. So if you give it me details, I'm like, all right, Bett, you didn't just tell me to go play in.
Speaker 3: The corner, you know.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably because parents are like, they've been working all day. They got to get over to cub they got to get groceries, they got to get to Quick Trip, they got to pick up their prescription over at Walgreens. So they got a lot of stuff going on. Let me ask you a question, And we're talking to Annie about daycare. We're just because we want to give you a little platform here. Why and I'm not asking this in a weird way. Why do you keep doing it?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I just love the kids. Yeah, Yeah, it's nice to find a job that like actually fills you with joy. I don't dread going to work. It's so fun like seeing them grow and it's just really rewarding, honestly, just being like the person that they trust, and I love it.
Speaker 3: Like little Abas lives sitting on teeny tiny little chair and teeny tiny little chairs. What room have you got? You got the toddler room or what room have you got?
Speaker 4: Annie, I've been all over, but right now I'm working with toddlers.
Speaker 3: Toddler Is that the favorite?
Speaker 2: My mom likes babies because she works in a daycare too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I would prefer toddler because they can actually maybe communicate.
Speaker 3: A little chairs, chairs, chairs, then they're so cute, Annie thing, thanks for doing what you do. I wish we could like wave a wand and make daycare teachers get like twice what they get. That's just I'm there's nothing that I probably will anything will change, but be.
Speaker 2: Kind to them. Yeah, be kind to your daycare.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're tired from your day so you don't always want to hear the full rundown of your kid's day, but still be kind.
Speaker 3: Bring him a Panera Bread gift card? Would you like a Panera Bread gift card.
Speaker 4: I would not say no to that.
Speaker 3: Okay, bring Annie a Panera bread gift card, which you.
Speaker 2: Can do like a cub gift card or anything.
Speaker 3: That's fine. But An, you have a great day daycare with the toddlers.
Speaker 4: Okay, may I say one more thing?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: My first my only SIP would just be just ask what their name is?
Speaker 2: Oh your daycare provider, ask their name?
Speaker 3: Oh oh, so for parents to ask you your name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that would be really nice.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I don't even know the name of the person who is like to get all them all day, probably more than the parent hangs with them.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I think we knew ours. I can't remember them now, but I think we knew ours. Ours were wonderful, so we went to new horizons. So we had a really good experience. Annie, thanks for talking to us. Have a great day.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, of course, yeah, thank you.
Speaker 3: It is Katie WB. We'll be back into second one hour commercial Free Gonna get your Boo Bash tickets coming up next, Your Monday Motivation, Dave's Dirt mor Sabrina Carpenter tickets.
Speaker 2: Today, YouTube and search Dave Ryan TV.
Speaker 3: We are on TV right now on Dave Ryan TV on the YouTube. I'll get into a road rage incident on foul So going out Highway seven toward chan Has and the right lane ends and it goes down to just the left lane. So we all know what the zipper merge is, as a matter of fact, most of us do, but some of us don't. So I'm doing the zipper merge because that's stay in the right lane until you get up closer and you go zip zip zip. Now, it never works perfectly because somebody will chick it out and they'll get into the left lane a little bit early, and then some people are a little bit more aggressive whatever. So I get down to where it's like zip zip zip, and the lane end. So I got to get over. One guy was not gonna let me over, so he honked at me and I waved. I waved like hi, yeah, you're a dummy, but I waved like you know, you honk, I wave, you know, meet their idiot with kindness. Sure, the next guy rolls down his window and starts swearing out for you doing you're supposed to get back there five blocks ago, And I said it's called the zipper merge. My friend, yeah, threw in my friend because I didn't want to be a hostile person. And he said, you had blanked it up and dah, and I'm like, I'm like really, And I thought this guy must be so upset, and I was so proud of myself for just being.
Speaker 2: Like aladi dat it was. It was fine. He was looking for something to be mad about.
Speaker 3: Oh, and he was like, you know, just he looked like an angry individual, was.
Speaker 2: Red in the face. He was the face one vein that was just pumping.
Speaker 3: And I thought, you know, I'm not going to escalate this one, because why Bob, why.
Speaker 2: Bother who cares? Sometimes people need to be told about themselves.
Speaker 7: Dave.
Speaker 2: That's when you're in a vehicle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not in a vehicle, but like the one time I was going I think up a scooter lane or something that lake the aisles, and some guy rode past me and cussed me out.
Speaker 2: I I know. My point though, is I was wrong. I admitted that I was wrong when it happened.
Speaker 6: My point is, though, sometimes you your instinct is just fireback, fight or flight. So if somebody cusses you out, the instinct is just you know what, I'm gonna go back into. I don't have that insight. It's the East Coast.
Speaker 2: My bad. I'm going right the next time. No, that's not me. There's but on the East Coast a hole.
Speaker 3: I think I used to have that instinct, but now it's kind of like in ten minutes you kind of forget about it. Yeah, unless you got it to tell the story on the radio, and then it's a little bit different thing. You're I'm your munday motivation on katiewbble. Try to find a little something to just kind of make you think a little bit, give you a little bit more. I don't know something to ponder. I love this one. It's called the cheat code. Nobody talks about. And we wonder how to get ahead in life, and we wish and we hope and we pray and we want to break and we want all of these things, but we don't always want to do the work that's required. So here is the cheat code that nobody talks about. Be reliable, answer emails quickly, show up on time. As part of my book title, do what you said you would do, Keep small promises, remember details. In a world where everyone is flaky, reliability looks like genius. It's not Talent is just doing what you said you I would do when you said you would do it. And I really like that one. And I've had this rule of thumb in radio, and it probably works in your business too. Ninety percent of people are lazy. Ninety percent of people do just enough work to not get fired. And everybody sees it. Everybody sees that Tom down to the corner office doesn't do a whole lot of work. Everybody sees that Margine over here in accounting doesn't really do her job very well, but she sure takes a lot of personal days off and goes on long lunches. So I'm gonna read it to you again, the Cheap Code. Nobody talks about being reliable. Answer emails, quickly, show up on time, do what you said you would do, keep small promises, remember details. In a world where everyone is flaky, reliability looks like genius. It's not talent. It's just doing what you said you'd do when you said you'd do it. Do you like that?
Speaker 8: I like the thing, do what you say you're going to do when you say you're going to do it, Because I do know a lot of people, at least in like personal life, that they're like yes, I'll come to that thing that I said I would come to. And then they're like, mmm, I just want to stay home, and it's like, no, you said you would come, so I expect you to be there, and that's I value that. Yeah, I can't like flakes because I think the opposite of this is that we all know people who are flaky and that's what you know about them. It's like that's the first thing that you'll say about them.
Speaker 3: I think most people are wonderful. Yes, I think most people are wonderful, but most people are also a little bit unreliable and they don't really excel at the follow through. So all you got to do to stand out is do better than the ninety percent of people. And it's not that hard. Just be one of the ten percent. That's what I've done my whole career is like just worked a little bit harder because I know it works and because I love it, and I can't help it stand out because I'm doing better than ten to ninety percent of the other people.
Speaker 8: The thing about remembering details that would be difficult for me. How do you remember details? Like if you have a bad.
Speaker 2: Memory, use the note app in your phone, so as someone's talking to me, I'm writing it Downald they're saying that.
Speaker 3: Don't cards later. All right, it's Katie to be happy Monday. Here to make your Monday a little bit easier. And you're never more than thirty minutes away from Sabrina Carpenter fly away keywords, So hang on for that one Boo bash tickets. Right now, we have a little game here. We love games on the show. We're gonna Jenny is gonna lead us in a game here. You are going to play the game at six five, one, nine, eight nine, Katie WB basically guess the correct answer, and I'm getting to be honest with you. If you play and you lose, your consolation prize is boo bage.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: If you played you win, your prize is boo no.
Speaker 3: By the way, can I give a shout out to Christian the chef over at Bennie Hannah on Friday night. We went over there for my birthday and Christian probably twenty five thirty years old. He was so good with the little girls, Ava and Evelyn because they were a little scared of like what he was going to do and the fire and the cling, cling, cling with this bachelor and the tossing the egg around and things like that. Christian was so great. He must have kids of his own or be somebody's big brother, because he was like, no, it's okay. And by the end of it, they're going, yay Chef, Yay, yay chef. It was so cute. Shout out Christian, Binnie hatta Golden Valley.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: The way that this game works, it's called Liar Liar. It's basically two truths and a lie. But we're kind of put on the spot in the sense that I'm going to give a card to Dave, myself and Bailey, and one of us will have a card that says lie on it, so you're gonna tell a story that is not true. And then I also have a topic that we're gonna go off her fect. So we've got someone on the phone already and we'll explain to.
Speaker 2: Them how it goes.
Speaker 3: Okay, explain away. This person on the phone is Nikki.
Speaker 2: Nikki. Okay, Nikki.
Speaker 1: I'm giving each myself, Bailey, and Dave a card right now, and we are going to tell either a truth or a lie of a story that's about childhood. Okay, child Nikki, You're gonna try to guess which one of us is lying. Are you ready?
Speaker 2: Okay? I can go first.
Speaker 1: Because childhood my story is the fact that when I was young, I thought it'd be a really funny bit, really really funny to take my younger sister's candy necklace while she was showering and eat all of it except for one piece.
Speaker 3: Good bit.
Speaker 1: And so when she got out of the shower, I was like, look, I left one for you, and she ran away.
Speaker 2: Ball more other than to be jerks. You're proud of that one too, You're funny. Okay.
Speaker 8: So my childhood story and that you have to determine if this is a truth or a lie, is when I was in third g I was known as the pants band it because during a gym class, when we have to put on those little shorts, I would take people's pants and I would pile them up in the locker room in the gym, And so I was the pants band third creep?
Speaker 2: What what a creep? Third pants band it? Per aod be. I do love a good.
Speaker 3: Bit bit, all right, Nikki. So this will either be a truth from me or a lie. You have to figure it out. My sister Linda used to think it was really funny when she would kick me and my brother Carl and the do dads and how disabling would be. I remember one time she had a friend over and she's like, watch this, and I'm like standing there, like, you know, like five years old or six years old, and I'm like, huh. She says to her friend, watch this. She kicks me and the do dads and I go down on the floor writhing in agony, and they cackled like it was the most amazing thing they'd ever seen. All right, Now, you heard the stories, the candy necklace, the pants banned it, and the do dad story, which one is a lie and you can work through it if you want to.
Speaker 10: So I think that the candy necklace is real and true because I've done that personally to one of my.
Speaker 9: Sisters, bet and getting kicked in the nads is probably true as well, because if you have an older sister, well, let's just be real about siblings. Yeah, yeah, I'm going to say the pants.
Speaker 10: Band it is a lie because a third grade good Lord, that is correct.
Speaker 1: I was not the pants band than you would be a good bet, would be a good bet. Congratulations, Snicky, Hey.
Speaker 3: You're coming to boobash Nikki tuk. Two questions. Who are going to bring with you?
Speaker 10: What'd you say?
Speaker 3: Do you who you want to bring with you?
Speaker 10: I'm gonna bring I have two tickets, so me and my girlfriend are gonna end up going.
Speaker 3: What do you think? What do you think you're going to come as?
Speaker 10: Oh, well, definitely beatlejuice since I just got a really nice nail set done in that them.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, hold on, you want to play another round?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I play another round. I hand the cars back please. Okay, who do we got on the phone now?
Speaker 3: This one is going to be Steph. Good morning, Steph, Good morning, Happy Monday. You drive it into work? Where are you going to this morning?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I just stopped my girls off at school.
Speaker 3: Do you listen to the Dave Ryan Show on the way into school every morning?
Speaker 10: Yeah? Pretty much?
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll take we'll take pretty much.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, all right, here we go. We're gonna get handed a card here, and then one of us is going to tell a truth, two truths and a lie. One of us will be lying. You figure out which one is lying.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: This one is going to be a story about achievements. Maybe it's a trophy, an award, a milestone, something, just something that is an achievement for au.
Speaker 2: Okay, who wants to go first? This time? I went last time, I'll go first. Okay, Okay.
Speaker 8: So the story about my achievement is when I was in my junior year of high school, I made a final round at the section tournament for speech and I got eighth place. At eighth place, didn't get a trophy or metal, so I got a party round of a plus.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's mine.
Speaker 3: When I was at twelve years old, there was a Prospect Lake in Colorado Springs and there was a child who was screaming in the water, and I was on the beach and I thought, oh, well, they're just having fun. But then I realized they would go under, so I dove in, using my boy Scout life saving the training, dove in, went out, and thank god, they were all tall enough. I was tall enough to touch the bottom, and I just picked them up and carried them shore to their grateful mother. Good saving a life.
Speaker 2: Wow achievement, Good job Dave. All right, My story.
Speaker 1: About an achievement is the fact that on.
Speaker 2: A Friday morning.
Speaker 1: At about ten am, we get a Google teams meeting from our president out of nowhere, and I'm like, great, one's getting fired. Here we go and we got on this meeting and unbeknownst to me, it was to tell because it was the morning show and then our bosses, it was to tell me that I had won a Gracie Award, which is a pretty big award in radio. But the best part of it was the fact that I did not think I was going to win that, and so I was crying the whole time, and Dave took screenshots of the entire trajectory of me being like what, oh my god, tears, tears, tears and excitement and more tears, and then he sent me the photos and it was great to look back on.
Speaker 2: Fabulous.
Speaker 3: Okay, work your way through it.
Speaker 2: We have the uh eighth place at a speech tournament.
Speaker 3: Me saving a kid's life at Prospect Lake, and award Gracy Award. What do you think, Steph, Wow, those are all pretty great achievements, and congrats on the eighth place. I'm really proud of you.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: And I, Jenny, I feel like I remember a Gravy Award or.
Speaker 3: Great Gracie Award, great, not a gravy or actually I think I would prefer a gravy award.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, so I'm gonna say, Dave, Yeah, I've.
Speaker 3: Never even been to Prospect. Now, if if I would have saved a kid's life, I would tell this story probably weekly all the time. Seph, you're a winner. Congratulations. What are you gonna come to Boobash as well?
Speaker 10: I have a pretty red devil costume that I made, so we'll probably do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please hold and we'll get your tickets for you on Katie. But you'd be more of those coming up. Say, here's the Dave Ryan Show, one on one point three kd WB. What the hell Gophers? Here's what PJ. Fleck had to say about the loss the other day. He said, anything that could go wrong did go wrong on offense, defense, and special teams. What did he need to see in the second half? He said, simple execution. Well, at least there was an honest answer. The Gopher's loss, I think it was probably one of their biggest losses in years. Was forty one to three and forty two to three, forty one, forty one and three Viking's lost on Thursday and the Jenny was excited because the Packers won yesterday.
Speaker 2: I guesst Aaron Rodgers on the Steeler.
Speaker 3: By the way, the Steelers had the ugliest retro uniforms in NFL history.
Speaker 2: I sure did real quick.
Speaker 1: Let's do the Sabrina Carpenter keywords A trip to La.
Speaker 3: Here it is here, it is right here, here it is.
Speaker 2: Let's take a trip for she has to win.
Speaker 7: A trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows. Happens now on KDWB talk. That's the keyword feather. That's feather on our iHeartRadio. App Hey use that now.
Speaker 3: Just say the keyword is feather and you are good to go for that flyaway to Los Angeles and good luck.
Speaker 2: Love is in the air again for Megan Ox and Machine Gun Kelly.
Speaker 1: Apparently Megan Fox has taken back MGK. A source has told People Magazine that he spends pretty much every night at her house. They do have a baby together and they act like a couple, but haven't put a label on it yet or made it official or anything. Megan had dumped him when when she was pregnant, but since the birth of their daughter in March MGK has worked hard at being a parent too. Do you guys know the name of their child?
Speaker 2: Something odd? It's dumb. It's Saga Blade. Saga Blade's the name of their child.
Speaker 3: Celebrities are so out of touch with anything left in reality.
Speaker 2: They know that it's a weird name, but they just want to be odd balled. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: But apparently Megan's very happy with how MGK stepped up for both her and the baby. That's so sweet that he stepped up for his child. A nice cute.
Speaker 3: That's a special thing. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, is in the air as well for Sophie Turner, who is Joe Jonas's wife.
Speaker 2: She was in Game of Ferns. You would know if you're sorry.
Speaker 8: She is apparently now dating Chris Martin from Coldplay, who and he is rebounding from Dakota Johnson who dumped him last summer, So it feels like they're just kind of musical chairs in it around. Sophie Turner is twenty nine, Chris Martin is forty eight, so I feel like that is a large auge gap there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's Chris Martin. It was when he stands on his wallet, So that's.
Speaker 2: Starting to be a little Leo DiCaprio is giving that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, if you were forty eight and you had a chance to date a twenty nine year old guy Bailey, you would totally do it.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess I'll let you know when I turned forty eight.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's another spin off come in because there's no more original ideas it's Victorious. They're making a spin off. It's called Hollywood Arts, which is the school that they went to. It's starring one of the original actors from the show. And I'm kind of excited for this. I'm the generation that grew up with Victorious. It's gonna be on Netflix twenty six episode season, which I'm also happy about because these days shows only get eight episodes and they take four years for new ones to come out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so twenty six episodes, just like the old days, right, that should be good.
Speaker 3: Uh. The funniest play by play from the NFL yesterday was from the Cowboys Broncos game. It was Jim Nansen Tony Romo and normally we don't play a lot of funny play by plays, but apparently this was the funniest one from yesterday's hand off up the middle and the pile and the push and the push and the push.
Speaker 2: And it's a touchdown. I don't think it's a touchdown on I heard the whistle right when it was close to getting into the pushy tushy, Oh, the tous push, the toush push.
Speaker 3: What's a touch push?
Speaker 1: It's basically where you just like go into a huge pile and push your player ahead because you need like a yard game or something. So yeah, it's normally called the tush push, not the pushy tush or whatever he just said.
Speaker 2: Tishy push.
Speaker 3: All right, that is your dirt, brought to you by six one two injured Himer and Lammers in Jewry lomb Or. The keyword for right now for Sabrina Carpenter is feather. So if you haven't you that yet, use that iHeartRadio app opened up, maybe you've never downloaded it, open that up, and then use the red microphone while you're streaming KDWB, tap the red microphone and just say the key word is feather. I guess I'm supposed to take this call, and I have a vague idea what it's about, by the cause we know we're screening calls here. When you call the radio station before we put you on the air. Most of the time we say, hey, what do you want to talk about? So, Nicole, I have a vague idea about what you wanted. Something about your ex. Tell me about your ex? Why you're on why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 6: Why?
Speaker 8: Why?
Speaker 3: Why are you on the radio? What's up?
Speaker 11: So my ex just won't leave me alone. Like he's just he's constantly liking my social media post, like, uh, you know, he's texting me all the time. You know, it's just constant and it's really obnoxious, and so like he and then he asked me to send him a pair ofm and panties.
Speaker 3: Okay, but no, no, so you broke up. He's like you don't text him back, You're not like, hey, have a great day. So he'll text and be like, hey, what's up, thinking about you? Whatever? And then do you tell him like leave me alone?
Speaker 11: I mostly ignore him mostly, Like every so often I'll just be like, you know, like, but you know, mostly I just don't respond, just like we've been done. We've been done.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So then he wants to he wants the underpants, such an harm request.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I tell him no, right, I'm just like, no, I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 11: And then he keeps asking me, and he keeps asking me, and so finally I send him a pair.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you give in, you okay, because yeah, he just knew that he okay, so you give in. But there's more to the story.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, So I send him a pair and he's so excited and he's like, oh my gosh, thank you so much. This is so hot, and like you know, he's texting me, and a couple of days later, I sent him a picture of my new boyfriend wearing them.
Speaker 3: What okay, okay, so you sent him the underwear, Yeah, but you did not wear them in nasty, hairy, stanky new odor boyfriend who's got b fungus was the one who was wearing him. And you mean, figure, this guy's making soup out of him or something. And so what did he respond? That's a good bit, write it down, Jenny, send panties. And what did he say?
Speaker 11: He didn't. He just blocked me.
Speaker 2: And that's probably what you want place.
Speaker 3: I would have said block him earlier, but I'm here you Hey, how genius of an idea was this?
Speaker 2: Yeh oh, smart idea?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's disgusting in the first place. I've never been anybody who's been into dirty clothing, like, apparently, send me your towel.
Speaker 2: I've heard I've used this eighty times.
Speaker 3: No, no, so the boyfriend obviously was in on this. That's a good bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a good bet. Wow, I guess it gets them off your case. Did you where did your new boyfriend wear them? Like out in about or was it just a one to somebody questions? Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know, I didn't ask, you.
Speaker 6: Just gave him to him, and it was like, do with these which you will return.
Speaker 11: Tomorrow my plan. He knew my plan. I wouldn't have sent the photo without his you know.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, sure, I'm glad he was in on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hey, thank you, yeah for that story. That's that's that's a great story.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Something to remember if if somebody won't leave you alone, leave you alone, Yeah, send them a pair of you're underwear orn by your new boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Someone texted and said she should have sent crusty grannies from a thrift store. Billy, do they sell granny panties at thrift store?
Speaker 5: They do?
Speaker 3: I mean they don't sell re used anywhere.
Speaker 2: They don't sell used underwear.
Speaker 8: But they they do sell used swimsuits, and as far as I'm concerned, hot take swimsuits. That's underwear. You're sending underwear. You just don't wear it all the time. That's why they put that little protective Yeah, exactly. So I would never get a swimsuit from a thrift store. No, but they don't sell used underwear at a thrift store. You can get it prepackage somebody's.
Speaker 3: House or whatever. They're like, yeah, do you need to borrow a swimsuit? And then you borrow a girlfriend's swimsuit. I've done that before too, but if I don't remember the circumstances. But it's like, oh, you're in somebody's cabin, you have a swimsuit. No, oh, don't worry, I get a spare one.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, I've actually done that.
Speaker 3: Any time you're not going to catch anything and there's nothing growing in there, it's still is somebody else's swimsuit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems weird. They don't put on somebody else's socks. I could.
Speaker 3: Would you have done that? Would you? Would you?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 3: Babe? You would? Bailey me?
Speaker 2: Would you have done that? Would you have underwear?
Speaker 8: No? I would have probably blocked him in the first place before doing anything.
Speaker 2: But it's a good bit, and you love a good bit. They do love a good bit. But I don't know if I'm smart enough to have come up with that bit on my own. I would have needed to tell me to do it.
Speaker 6: I wish somebody would ask me to wear underwear so they could send to their partner or to their ex.
Speaker 2: He's putting it out into the ether because he wants someone to ask. I wish. I wish, Bailey. I wish someone would ask me.
Speaker 8: I don't have anyone to send underwear to vont am I gonna send it at Bailey, like, let me get you.
Speaker 2: Christmas is coming up? Christmas anyway?
Speaker 3: It is Katie w b and uh it is. It's Monday. I hope you had a good weekend. Did you hook up with any hookup? Did you meet up with anybody this weekend? Bailey or Jenny? Because I know that you're both You're like, you know you're on hinge, Bailey.
Speaker 8: You know, I'm just having hinge conversations at bit. I'm having let's see one, two, three, four, like four or five active conversations on hinge right now.
Speaker 2: I'll get you with a roster.
Speaker 1: Dang, girl, you did mention that you were getting a little confused at one point. They want to do something to make sure you were talking to the right person.
Speaker 8: Well, I can't just keep scrolling up to see, like, Okay, what were me and this guy talking about, because they're all kind of I don't know, they're just the same dude a different font as far.
Speaker 2: As I'm concerned. But yeah, some of them, it's hinges.
Speaker 8: Weird because either they'll just like ghost you although like give you nothing in conversation, or sometimes they seem bought like body like this one.
Speaker 2: It's been like a bot.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry I thought you about like body body.
Speaker 8: It's been a bit since we last messaged. Are you still interested in chatting? I'd be happy to get to know you more's at Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: That sounds weird.
Speaker 8: So yeah, I'm entertaining a handful of conversations and let's see if I meet any of these people in person, we'll see Jenny.
Speaker 2: Any hookups this weekend? Yeah, well, I don't know to be.
Speaker 3: So vague about this, does he have another girlfriend or what's.
Speaker 1: The If he does, I would be very shocked, very very shocked. But if he does. I couldn't be mad either, because I wouldn't say that were necessarily exclusive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, like I would be. I don't know, I wouldn't be mad.
Speaker 3: Some questions about this guy. How old is this guy?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's thirty eight.
Speaker 3: Have a job? He does record?
Speaker 1: I even looked it up, but I would be really surprised if he did.
Speaker 2: Looking up.
Speaker 3: Very nice, have his own teeth.
Speaker 2: He's got nice teeth. Yeah, as far as I know they're his. Does he own a liquor store?
Speaker 1: He doesn't, Sorry, Dave, I know you've always wanted me to find someone who owns a liquor store.
Speaker 3: I would like to marry a rich woman house on Lake Minnitanka. She's a surgeon and she owns a liquor store or a chain of liquor store, Like, hey, can I have the key?
Speaker 2: And the liquor store? Is is the day job? The surge thing? That's the side gig?
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, it's one of one point three kd wub Let's have vaunt, stir the pot. What's on your mind?
Speaker 6: So I don't care what you say. Coraline, the girl with the button eyes, that's a horror.
Speaker 2: Movie to me.
Speaker 3: That's creepy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a creepy movie. It's probably the movie if it's a kid's movie.
Speaker 6: But it traumatized the hell out of me as a kid, maybe because I saw it in three D two, so that wasn't a good thing.
Speaker 8: It's funny because everyone I know who is around your age is traumatized by Coraline. I was probably a little bit younger than you when Coraline came out, and I remember loving it as like a college student.
Speaker 6: I love that my girlfriend Melissa can watch the scariest of horror. She puts those onto fold laundry, so she thinks coral She thinks I'm a punk for not liking Coraline.
Speaker 2: I can't stand. It's so creepy, so good.
Speaker 3: I've never seen it because the girl with a button eyes is enough for me, not too, and I wasn't quite in the demo for Coraliney.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're not really. The demo's a really good movie, though, Coraline Jenny. I have not act.
Speaker 1: I only know of it because of people doing Halloween costumes. I don't even know what it's about or anything.
Speaker 6: It's this girl, she's a doll, and her life is just kind of fed up. So she finds a it's a closet in her house, and it leads to a portal of another life or the other mom where everything's like opposite, like.
Speaker 2: The upside down. Ye kind of yes, that's the best way to compare it, but they get evil.
Speaker 8: I think it's kind of like when someone says, so, I've never seen The Nightmare before Christmas.
Speaker 2: Never have.
Speaker 3: I haven't either noticed. Oh my gosh, you guys, it just looks creepy.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's kind of creepy. It's just kind of creepy looking thing to it. It's never I've looked at the pictures like that's all you need to see.
Speaker 2: I'd rather watch that stop motion kind of stuff than like saw. Though, well, they would never want to saw in my life. This is a fail.
Speaker 6: Somebody texted and said, my son's sixteen is it refuses and has never seen Courlan because he's so terrified of it. I thought I was just gonna be outlier that everybody was like, no, it's a great movie.
Speaker 2: This is a great movie. You like scary things.
Speaker 6: I like scary, like I go to haunted houses. But I just started getting into horror movies, which, speaking of, let's look at the bracket. We're doing the horror moone bracket on Instagram right now if you go to Dave Ryan Show on Instagram. So we did Psycho versus Poltergeist right now. It's neck and neck for both of those.
Speaker 3: They're both so good. I mean, one is like very old school and one is forty years old. But they're so different.
Speaker 2: I've seen both.
Speaker 6: We got Child's Play versus Halloween and uh, Michael Meyers winning right now because Child's Play that's chucky.
Speaker 2: That's not really a scary movie, right, It's like.
Speaker 3: It's silly scary. Yeah, kills people, yeah, but it's it's more silly scary. Halloween is more like legit scary.
Speaker 2: I've seen that.
Speaker 6: Jaws versus The Exorcists and the Exorcists taking the lead.
Speaker 3: Now, we had a big discussion whether Jaws belongs in this bracket or not because it's not a horror movie by definition.
Speaker 2: But then again, it is a horror and it's scary. It's a tear what do you call it? I think it's a thriller.
Speaker 3: It's a thriller.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like a jump scare vibe. But it's not like horror, like it's gonna haunt your dreams. In my opinion, I'm not going to be dreaming about a big shark I'm gonna get me. I am going to be dreaming about Freddy Krueger killing me.
Speaker 3: That movie is horrific. Yes, all right.
Speaker 6: Then we have The Conjuring versus The Ring, and that one's also close, but the Conjuring is leading the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, I'm shocked by that. The Ring is what a classic?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well a modern classic? Yeah all right.
Speaker 6: Texas Chainsaw Masacre versus Candy Man and Texas Chainsaw Masker at seventy seven percent.
Speaker 3: Okay, I agree with that one. That is like one of the original horror movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're looking at our best horror movie bracket on Instagram.
Speaker 6: The Shining versus It at fifty percent, so it's really close, but fifty two percent is the Shining.
Speaker 2: I agree with that one. Yeah, it's never seen it. Yeah, it's so good. Is scary?
Speaker 3: These are all very scary? Yeah, it's more. Yeah, it's terrifying.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The athlete is read and these are backwards.
Speaker 6: What would you say, I've never called I've never seen half of these, that's what's crazy. And then the last close one, Oh no, we're not the last one Friday the thirteenth versus Scream Friday the third, Oh no, I'm sorry, Scream with fifty one percent of the vote.
Speaker 3: It's close.
Speaker 6: And then the last one is Nightmare on Elm Street versus Sault. These are all so close. It's fifty one percent. Nightmare on Elm Street. Did you have Nightmare on Elm Street in there twice?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: No, I just said it earlier when we were talking about Jaws, where you're gette.
Speaker 3: What's Jaws up against.
Speaker 2: Stand By? It's losing. That's all I know by quite a bit.
Speaker 3: The Exorcist okay, oh yeah, the actresses didn't really hold up well. I mean it was in its time, fifty years ago, it was so horrifying that people would like have nightmares, oh yeah, and go see their priest after they went to see it because it was so horrifying.
Speaker 1: And now it's like, I still think it's terrifying to you. But I also saw it when I grew up, like going to church all the time. So I was just like so scared. I thought I was gonna get possessed by the devil.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of people did that. I was like, oh my god, that's what the actress is all about. She becomes possessed by the devil, and she's like a normal twelve year old girl until she's not, and that her head spins all the way around and then she walked bare crawl but backwards.
Speaker 2: That's the one I've seen.
Speaker 8: I've seen her walk down the stairs like backwards. Scare the crap out of me. So I've never seen anything more than that. Well from that to our instagram and vote on the bracket. Also, I failed at starting the pot. Sorry y'all. Y'all start the pot later this week. Okay, you see how hard it is.
Speaker 2: We should stir the pot. It's hard to be a controversial every day. Jenny, Oh the pot. I already have like a couple ideas in mind.
Speaker 6: Make them good if you're going to stir the pot the rest of the week. If you're going to start the pot, they can't be uh, Red skittles are better than orange ones.
Speaker 9: Not.
Speaker 2: I want you to stir the pot. Okay, Okay, stuff like that. I think Dave's good. So this notice to Jenny and Bailey to make them spicy. I'm so spicy.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say something like you don't have to clean up after your dog when they poop.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 3: It's it's good when your dog poop drains into a marsh dad. All right, thanks you guys. It's one of one point three kd w UB. Go vote for the brackets. We'll have more results for you every day and see who gets eliminated and spreena carbent or tickets for you coming up in a few minutes. On kd w B, I found this was really cute. It is pep talk from kindergarteners. There is a phone number you can call to get a pep talk from kindergarteners. And I've got this number. You guys want to try it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's try it.
Speaker 3: Here we go. I'll give you the number in a minute.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 2: And it's just a random pep talk.
Speaker 12: Do you spend advice at the first Welcome to pep Talk, a public art project by West Side School.
Speaker 3: I have different languages here like a cinco.
Speaker 5: Please listen to the following options for encouraging messages.
Speaker 11: If you're feeling mad, frus or nervous.
Speaker 5: Press one if you need it, words of encouragement and life advice.
Speaker 4: Press two.
Speaker 5: If you need a pep talk from kindergarteners.
Speaker 4: Press three if you need to hear right to donate to keep the hotline.
Speaker 10: No, no, no no, that's it.
Speaker 4: Talk dot org, p e p t oc dot org. If you're feeling Press one. Motivation if you need it, words of encouragement.
Speaker 12: And when you're feeling mad, you should take three deep breath and think if things make you happy. It makes me happy is when and I think of happy things will happen in the future, like going to a friend's house or a cousin's house.
Speaker 5: Bye. If you apposed to be just taking five minutes off you're frustrated, you can always go to your bedroom, punch your pillow or cry on a pillow. Go scream outside.
Speaker 2: Oh, go scream outside.
Speaker 5: If your nervous, go get your wallet and spend it on ice cream and shoes. Mad or frustrated, you can do what you want to do best, or you can.
Speaker 11: Do what's on the trampoline.
Speaker 5: You feel mad, Please do something you like, do something inspires you. Do something to makes you feel better better.
Speaker 2: That's how.
Speaker 4: If you're sad.
Speaker 5: Or angry, Go get a cookie of Moody on ice cream.
Speaker 3: No, get into mom's purse. Get out that little soft pack of Marlboro Red, take it outside of the treehouse with mom's lighter, the lighter and then smoke. Come up, Johnny woke up a cigarette. I do a hotline that Dave gives advice and pep talks.
Speaker 2: I was like, going Mom's lido cigoettes and go and take a cigouette into tweet house.
Speaker 3: Did you have trouble with your RS?
Speaker 2: I couldn't say my house at all. And my mom's name is one is.
Speaker 1: Wanda Wanda Wanda Wanda until what age Jersey accent as a kid?
Speaker 8: Oh yes I did, and I don't know, probably until like third grade. I can't believe it, and get made fun of more for that. I got made fun of enough by my mother though for it.
Speaker 3: So Ron, did you do speech therapy to get ridio?
Speaker 2: No, it just kind of went away. Yeah, they went away or right away, it went away. It went away, That's what I said. That's what I said.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: One of Carson's friends, and I'm i gonna name him. He's grown up now, but he had he had the same thing. Yeah, It's like, hey, you idiot, it's cards, Wanda, It's Courss and Co. All Right, If your kid still says it was instead of ours, yeah it'll they'll grow out of One in three. Never does though, Yeah, one in three is forty two years old and they still say quess and show I made that up. I may made that stat up, all right, Sabrina Carpenter Tickets in about five minutes on KATIEWB. Of course, more Boo Bash tickets also stay here on KATIEWB