Speaker 1: The request for the three peat has begne.
Speaker 2: Only four teams in Major League Baseball history have won three consecutive titles.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are the favorites to become the fifth.
Speaker 1: This is World Champion Dodger Talk. Here we go again.
Speaker 4: We're geta running back.
Speaker 5: To get in on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy and be sure to follow Dodger Talk wherever you catch your podcasts and now your host, here's Tim Kakes.
Speaker 2: Well a rough night for the Dodgers as they wrap up their first home stand of twenty twenty six in the offense just has not gotten going in the first six games of the season. Despite that, the Dodgers still four and two to start the year. Hiver Buddy, Tim Kates, Welcome to Dodger Talk here on AM five to seventy LA Sports Fired up to be with you here on this Wednesday night. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number. Put it in your phone, lock it in there, have it as one of your favorites. Get used to the number. Eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy. If you're leaving Dodger Stadium. If you're one of the forty five thousand and at tenance tonight, just sitting in traffic trying to get out of the ravine, trying to get to the one ten or the five or get back onto Sunset Boulevard. I want to hear from you at eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy because it's early in this season, but a lot to digest and take away from this first home stand against the Diamondbacks and the Guardians eight six six nine eighty seven to two, five seventy. We're gonna hear from Jose Mota coming up in just a little bit. Your phone calls to the top of the hour, so it's gonna be a very jam pack thirty minutes here on Dodger Talk. But you need to be a part of it. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. The Dodgers against the Diamondbacks fell behind in all three games and came back and won all three games against the Snakes to get out to a three to zero start and win that first series of the seas. The Guardians came to town. And remember this is a Guardians team that a year ago went to the postseason. Sure, they had to collapse, and you know, the season ended last year for them, not how they wanted it to. But the Cleveland Guardians are a good young team. And the Cleveland Guardians battle with Detroit last year the final month of the season. And this is a Guardians team with a team that really plays good defense and has got good pitching, and that'll carry you in games, and that'll carry you in series. And they don't have the depth one through nine that the Dodgers offense does. Quite frankly, nobody does in Major League Baseball. But look at what the three guys that the Guardians threw out at the Dodgers in this series. Parker Messik, really good left hander who the Dodgers had trouble with, Tanner Biby who the Dodgers had trouble with. And Gavin Williams, the big right hander, was absolutely really good for the Guardians tonight. And this was a Gavin Williams who against the Mariners in his first start struggled walking six. He came back tonight and you heard Dave Roberts in the Clubhouse Show allude to it. This was a different Gavin Williams who filled up the strike zone did not have issues walking guys or control problems out there on the mound, and the Dodgers just couldn't figure him out tonight. And Freddie Freeman said, you know, he was good.
Speaker 4: He was loaned the zone.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers weren't seen it well. The Guardians pitched the Dodgers very well the last three games, and the Dodgers could have won two of three, you know, very easily could have been swept in all three games by the Cleveland Guardians. As it is, they lose two to three to the Guardians, and the Dodgers find themselves now hitting the road. And here they are against the Nationals on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and then back to Toronto next week in a rematch of last year's World Series with an offense that quite frankly has not done much, an offense that has been very quiet at the top.
Speaker 4: And if you were to talk to anybody and.
Speaker 2: Say this Dodger's offense one through nine, there's no way collectively they're all gonna struggle at the same time.
Speaker 4: It's just not gonna happen. It can't. The laws of numbers, which I don't even know would law, would be. I'm just like literally throwing this out there. But the odds are.
Speaker 2: Right that one through nine, not all the guys are gonna be struggling at the same time. You're gonna have one, two, three, four guys carry you, whether it's a game, whether it's a series, whether it's a week, whether it's a few weeks. And then it may change and you may have a different three or four guys carry you, and then you may strike goal that all of a sudden, for a ten game stretch, all nine guys in this Dodgers lineup are gonna be on fire, and they're just gonna boat race teams and win games and bunches.
Speaker 4: And that's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But through the first six games, it's really been Miguel Rojas, Andy Potters, yeah, Monthsy home run last night, okay, you know, Will Smith home run the other night, Okay, but that's it. And the Dodgers looking at Otani and Tucker and Pats Freeman the big four tonight one.
Speaker 4: For the night.
Speaker 2: You look at the first six batters in this lineup, Otani all the way down to Muncie one for twenty one combined with eight strikeouts. That is something you're not gonna see very often one through six guys struggling in this Dodgers lineup as it is. Look at the bottom of it, tay Oscar Pajz Freeland. Those three went combined four for eight with a couple of walks getting on base. The top of the lineup just not done their job. Is it gonna stay that way?
Speaker 4: No? Is it something to panic about? Certainly not.
Speaker 2: But it is interesting how hot some of these Dodger players were in Arizona, and I think of Freddie Freeman in particular, played in only home games at Candleback Ranch, was hitting over four to twenty at one point in the Cactus League. It just hasn't carried over at all. Show hey Otani. Hitting Buck sixty seven has.
Speaker 4: Not carried over. Now.
Speaker 2: I get he's got a thirty seven game on Bay streak that extended tonight because of a walk early, but still he was zero for three with two strikeouts, and one of those strikeouts quite frankly, did not look good at all from Show Heyotani. The Dodgers offense tonight didn't have a lot of chances, but when they did, they did not make the.
Speaker 4: Most of them.
Speaker 2: The sixth inning in particular, circled it. Dodgers down two to nothing, within striking distance. Andy Pajes, Oh, mister three for three Andy Pies, by the way tonight, a leadoff single, Alex Frieland drill walk?
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 2: Eight to nine hitters getting on base to flip the order back to Otani. Down two to nothing in the sixth inning? All right, you felt good. The Oregon's playing Dieter rules got you all pumped up in Dodger Stadium. You got Tim Never blaring in your ears here on the radio, feeling pretty good about it, only to see a showy Otani ground into a four to six to three double play.
Speaker 4: It was ruled safe at.
Speaker 2: First at first, but then they reviewed it and they called it out double play. Kyle Tucker then flies out to right field, and just like that, the rally that started with the eight to nine hitters of the Dodgers down to nothing in the six a big goose.
Speaker 4: Egg on the board for the Dodgers. Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Eighth inning, tay Oscar Hernandez a one out single. Andy Pie has a double. All right, Dodgers got a little something going. But Kyle Frielan struck out looking he actually challenged the strike three call on a ball that was right there down the middle. And then O'tani could not produce as well, and the Dodgers put up a zero in that eighth inning. Limited opportunities, but when they did, they put it right on a plate for the guys that you're expecting to do the job one, two, three in the lineup. O Tani, Tucker and Bets unfortunately did not get it done tonight. In the first six games of this season, it has been a struggle for the top of the lineup for the Dodgers despite a four and two record.
Speaker 4: It's not gonna stay this way.
Speaker 2: It's not, but it's certainly something that is interesting that the big boppers, if you will, the big boys, the big superstars of the Dodgers collectively are off to a slow start here in twenty twenty six. You can look at the other way and say slow start. That means they're only gonna turn it up. One sixty seven for Otani, one seventy four for Kyle Tucker, a bucks thirty six for rookie Bets. Ah, those numbers will flip. We'll start seeing threes instead of ones in their ball and average we'll start seeing ops's in the nine hundreds, I think when it all levels out. Yes, the numbers are not gonna be what they are now. But that being said, first two series of the season just not a lot of offense right there. Good pitching, okay, defense, just not a lot of offense. And the Dodgers, despite all that, are fourn too. And now they hit the road to take on the Nationals for their home opener on Friday, Saturday Sunday, and then back to Toronto, where I'm sure it's gonna be a rude, rude welcome by the Toronto Blue Jay fans as the Dodgers make their way up there. We're gonna here for Jose Mode coming up in a couple of minutes. But let's go out to the phones. Eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy eight six six nine eighty seven two five seventy. Todgers Baseball is brought to by Medello Midello, the Mark of of Fighter. Alex start things off here on this Wednesday night, after the Dodgers fall to the Guardians four to one out of the stadium.
Speaker 1: How you doing, Alex, Yeah, doing well.
Speaker 6: I appreciate you taking the call.
Speaker 7: Sure, Yeah, that's that.
Speaker 3: Two things that you know, it kind of seems like Kyle Tucker might be uh press pressing a little bit, a little bit of pressure being new to the team, trying to trying to perform for that contract. I was just thinking it might be it might be time to maybe switch him up with Freddy and flip them in the two in the four spot and get Freddy back to his uh where he was hitting last year. And then second thing I was gonna mention, you know, alex In and coming up in the third inning, runner on first, one out, Uh, you're shifting over to the right, playing him to playing him to pull, and uh, even the left side of the infield Wilmost wide open, just a little surprised with the nine hitter one out, and and uh, show hey on deck that you're not gonna just take what they're giving you right there, lay down a punt and get on and get two on base for show. Hey, you're going to get your thoughts on time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it. Yeah, Kyle Tucker, small sample size. We're not flipping the lineup around. There's no sense of urgency or panic right now six games into the season. What twenty five or so at bats into this year. In twenty twenty six, you're gonna let it ride out. It's gonna you know, get back to sea level so to speak. Here for this Dodgers offense, they're not going to continue to sink and struggle underwater.
Speaker 4: Uh, They're gonna get back and that'll be okay.
Speaker 2: I For Kyle Tucker, you'll wonder if he's putting a little bit of pressure on himself. Zero for four tonight now hitting one forty seven. You know, uh, zero home r just one extra base hit. That was back on opening day with a double in the season opener. So still a lot of room to get back for Kyle Tucker and this Dodgers offense back to a level playing field here as all three of the big guys for the Dodgers, O, Tawnie, Tucker, and Bets hitting below one seventy five to start this season. Rod was at the game tonight out of Dodger Stadium. Rod, welcome to Dodger Talk.
Speaker 6: How you doing, hey man, I'm doing great. Thanks for taking a calm on my way back from a long distas flight here to watch the Dodgers and then we're going back to watching play the Nats. Just to echo your point, man, I don't think all is lost. I think we need to hold our heads high. We're still the back and back chance. They still got to beat us. We don't got to beat everybody. But I do think a little bit of a you know, maybe a change in some of the batting. It seems like as I was out there, you know, we have the same approach with the starter as we were facing the relievers, taking first pitch stretch and grabbing a pitch count up. I don't know if that's the strategy, but from an outsider looking at it's what it looks like to me. Is curious what you say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, Gavin Williams tow I'll just use him as an example. Gavin Williams tonight got ahead in thirteen to twenty three batters he faced with the first pitch strike and he flipped that over to Yamamoto. He got ahead in fifteen of the twenty two batters that he faced. What does that mean, Well, you pound the strike zone and you get ahead oh one the count. Whether it's a guy who files the ball off or you throw an off speed pitch in for a striker, you pump it in for a fastball to get ahead oh one, whatever the case may be, you get ahead in the count, and that's huge. And Gavin Williams was getting ahead of the count, so was Yamamoto. The thing was, Gavin Williams was getting swinging missus and getting guys to chase and then get in the head two and getting ahead one two in the count Yamamoto just was not able to get swinging missus. The guardians were putting the ball in play, the guardians were finding holes, and the guardians were getting on base and taking advantage of that.
Speaker 4: I mean, you look at what Schneman did.
Speaker 2: A ball hit hard, hard past second base into right center field, and as Rick Monday said, from the moment he hit it as a left headed out of the box, he knew he was going too and he put the pressure on Kyle Tucker and right field to go and make a running play to stop the ball from going into right center field to the wall, gets up, throws the second, but Schneman beats it in for a double and then gets Yamamoto sleeping, steals third and puts the pressure on the defense to make a play. And what happens Will Smith one hops it down the left field line pass Max Muncie, So within the sequence of one at bat a double on a hard running Schneman steals third and in the process draws a wild throw and scores, and all of a sudden, the Guardians on one hit which turned into a double, which turned into a stolen base, which turned into a wild throw, scored a run, and the next batter comes up, Ariuson hits a home run, and it's a two dozing game. It changed that quickly by putting the pressure on Yamamoto and the Dodgers defensively. So you put the ball in Gavin Williams hand, and he was getting a lot of swinging misses tonight, and he was finishing off hitters when need be. I mean, at one point he struck out out of the outs the Dodgers made. Six straight outs were strikeouts by the Dodgers between the the I believe the second and the fourth inning.
Speaker 4: So a lot of swinging missus for the Dodgers offense tonight.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it was the early start, five to twenty first pitch, looking ahead to the off day, and then getting getting away for a six game East Coast road trip.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: It was dark, it was cloudy, it was cold, it's you know. The first day of April just just wasn't a great day for the Dodgers offense. And with that being said, it was a two to nothing game for a long time until it was four to nothing. And even then, the Dodgers, to their credit, put up a spot in the bottom of the inning with the home run from Freddie Freeman, and then Will Smith drove a ball deep to center field, only to end the game on a flyout to the center and that was it for the Dodgers, who fall to the guardianso four to one. Don't miss the San Anita Derby at Santa Anita Park this Saturday, April fourth, with big payouts, full fields, NonStop actions safe now at senate a dot com slash events.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Lance and Seemi Valley joins us from the eight oh five.
Speaker 8: How you doing, Lance, I'm doing great. I'm just got home from the game. Went to all six home games. Nie took my dad, who's uh eighty eighty year Dodger fan, and uh took him to most of the games. And I don't know last I looked at We're still in first place for four and two and we were not hitting the ball at all. No worries. I don't think you do anything. You don't change the lineup around. They'll they'll they'll break out, They'll start scoring four or five runs at the inning. I'm not worried a bit. We're playing pretty good defense, pitching's been good, and we're four and two. So you know, White panic.
Speaker 4: Nobody's panicking, Lance.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the phone call, but it's certainly interesting to look at the small sample size. If you can now look at the homestand and what happened over the course of the six game games, and you look at what Otani, Tucker and Bets have done offensively and just haven't done a lot. You know, a home run here from Will Smith helps out a win, Andy pat has three more hits tonight, and Miguel Rojas a good start to the season. You know, a couple of hits there, a home run there, and the Dodgers are able to get a four and two record the first six games.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 2: Nobody's panicking, And by no means am I saying change up the lineup. That's not gonna happen. The lineup is. It is what it is right now, and you need a bigger sample size. And certainly you got a lot of trust and you're paying these guys a lot of money to be superstars because they are the best of the best, and they are really good at what they do and near the best of what they do. And Shoe a Otani, Kyle Tucker, Mookie Betts, these guys are gonna get it going. There's no doubt in my mind that the offense will start producing for this team. And you know it could start as early as Friday when they hit the road and start the series against the Nationals. Eight six six nine eighty seven, two five seventy is the number. Eight sixty six ninety seven to two five seven.
Speaker 4: We'll come back.
Speaker 2: We'll hear from Jose Mota and from you. Guardians beat the Dodgers tonight four to one. Gavin Williams seven shutout any strikes out ten. Yamamoto gets tagged with the loss as the Dodgers drop two to three in Cleveland. They're now four and two to start the season as they hit the road in our nation's capital on Friday. Your phone calls continue here on Dodger Talk on a Fi seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 5: AM five seventy LA Sports be anywhere at any time, and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: All of those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app. We're streaming online. We stream every game too.
Speaker 5: Come find me back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports and the other.
Speaker 1: One to ta Oscar Hernandez.
Speaker 9: Two to oh, and Freddie Hammer's won dep the center failed, this ball heading back toward the wall that has got a home run and the Dodgers won't be shut out tonight. It is four to one as Freddy Freeman launches his first home runner the season.
Speaker 1: The three hundred and sixty eight home run of his career.
Speaker 2: Freddie Freeman with the home run in the ninth inning and the only Dodgers offense. Tonight's came too little, too late, as the Dodgers fall to the Guardians four to one. Daniels Jewelers presents the home run forecast for your chance to win a fifty dollars Daniels Jewelers Gift guard. Visit Anti seventy la sports dot com, keyword home run into your name and you can Win Daniels, Jewelers own the dream.
Speaker 4: Let's check in with Jose.
Speaker 1: It's time to go around the horn with Jose Mos.
Speaker 4: All right, Jose.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers offense the first six games of the season on Tany hitting him Bucks sixty seven, Kyle Tucker Bucks seventy four, Mookie Betts oh for three, Tonight hitting one thirty six.
Speaker 4: What are you seeing from these guys in the first two series?
Speaker 7: Right out?
Speaker 10: What I'm seeing is first series more of a grindy approach with the at bats. This series is not the same. It's a combination of a couple of things. Number one, very good pitching day face and the youngsters, you know, and Biby and message and Gavin Williams. So that's you know, at six six, two fifty coming out of the sun and that angle, that till that he has is brilliant. But I think overall the Dodgers as hitters, if the tendency has been to chase pitches early in zone, early in counts, which is very you know, unusireful of dollars. I mean, they're springing on early. You're seeing a lot of check swings also early in counts, which is something you don't see from teams that are built like the Dodgers. This will all pass. But I do want to see an approach where it's disciplined, it's calm. You got to slow down the at bats a little bit more. Sometimes there's been a lot of weak contact early in at bats, prolonged at bats. Take your watks, you know, and make the guy work out there. As a day to Yama Molto today, who had a chance to win the ball game, pitch to win and was not able to but on the offensive side, better pitch selection, in other words, will really take care of things starting in Washington.
Speaker 2: Show Hey Otani doesn't take batting practice out on the field very often.
Speaker 4: When he does well, we talk about it.
Speaker 2: Did it during the World Series in Toronto last year, and he did it today before this finale against the Guardians. What do you make of a show Hey out taking batting practice in the sixth game of the season.
Speaker 10: I'm glad he did. I think I changes the visual. There's a lot of things that happened in the cage that you can not really get a feel for when you're hitting outside. If you're hitting in live drive off the matting side to side, less center field right center field. You got to see how the ball's traveling, and then how the ball is carrying off your bat, because I think the hitters background is helpful, especially today, before the game, any unusual time. But I'd like to see Showy do that more often. I think it's great to go out there and get a feel for how the balls carrying, how it's coming off your bat, how well you're standing inside the ball, if you're topping the ball a lot, A lot of those things you don't see. You get a great feel for when you're inside the cage. Now you can argue about what he's done in the last couple of seasons or throughout his career hitting in the cage most often than not, but I think it's a good side even for this teammates see him out there. I was down there. I saw him to take me P even a VP. He was okay. I mean, he was not trying to put on the show or anything like that. But when he goes out there most times that I've seen so many times on WBC, it's about splating the ball and trenty as many balls up the middle as he can. Even today doing that a VP, it was quite assistent with it, but show it'll come at some point because he's been he's been pretty selective in the bats, but now when he's made selections to swing at certain pitches, not at the right time, especially with men a board, when he has to go up there and just get something he can drive or put a good, you know, good battle on.
Speaker 2: He is not Yoshanoba Yamamoto. Six innings, two runs, four hits on any other given night. You know, we're talking about what a good job he did on the mount, and he did. But Gavin Williams seven shutout at ten punch outs, the second time a Cleveland pitcher has struck out ten against the Dodgers in the last five years. But Yamamoto overall didn't get a lot of swinging misses, got a lot of contact from the guardians. When they did, they got on base, a lot of traffic as far as moving around stealing base.
Speaker 4: What do you think of Yamamoto tonight?
Speaker 10: I would take that start anytime. I don't care about the strike coals for the swings and missus, I don't know. It's a big part of this game. But they made him more and he worked enough where the damage that was done was by the bottom of the order, which I know really bothers any type of relief pitcher. You don't want to get hurt by the bottom of the order. They're still big leaguer spot with Yoshi with the kind of a Batsford running through, he still make quality pitches and he'll I'll take six innings to run any time with him. The one thing that it's around the league tim the UNI very well is the base running. He has to be a little bit more aware with the guys on the basis. He did surprise Perdomo the series against Arizona, but those things like that when he knows he's going to be facing the top guys in the rotation, so there's going to be a lot of close ball games. That's why he doesn't get a lot of run support because he's facing top guys in the other rotation. But that's what the importance of attention to the base runners and just don't let them cheat on you. Starting with him with the middle of the field of the second base and himself with guys at the first base, there's going to be more than you usual and useful for him going forward. But I'll tell you what, man he's showing again. Elite pitchers know how to have a chance to win for their team even when they're grinding through it and when perhaps didn't field the best when it comes down to execution.
Speaker 2: Hell, the Dodgers hit the road for the first time here in twenty twenty six, Washington, d C. And then Toronto. That's gonna be a lot of fun going back to the Rogers Center. But Washington DC, any spots you like to hit up there as a foodie.
Speaker 10: Oh, let's see, I have a lot of Dominican colleagues out there with good restaurants, so I'll be hitting them up and make a nice donation and hope the fee myself some Dominican food.
Speaker 4: Love it, love it. Make a donation. Jose save travels and we'll talk to you in a couple of days.
Speaker 10: Oh, I got good talk to you too.
Speaker 2: There he goes, Jose Mota joining us here on Dodger Talk. As the Guardians beat the Dodgers four to one. Gavin Williams out pitches Yoshinoba Yama Moto seven shutout, innings, ten strikeouts, yam a modo. You have a Moto pitch well, six innings, two runs, four hits, two strikeouts, had some traffic on the base pass and the third inning that led to the first run on a throwing air on a stolen base attempt a third base and then gabrielle Erase a solo home run on the very next pitch made it a two to nothing to Guardian's lead. A two run home run from Jose Ramirez off Tanner Scott in the eighth inning made it a four to nothing Guardian's lead before the Dodgers got on the board in the bottom half of the ninth, Indian on a solo home run, the first of the year from Freddie freeran Freeman abteen in Woodland Hills joints us here on Dodger Talk.
Speaker 4: How you doing, Abteen?
Speaker 10: No, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Just the game tonight?
Speaker 10: The you know, the energy was kind of low at.
Speaker 11: Dodgers Stadium, but that's to be expected early in the season, and obviously show he still.
Speaker 10: Has to get it going.
Speaker 11: But I think the question on a lot of Dodgers fans minds is when do you think we'll call up hay song Cam and put him in the lineup. And the last thing I just want to say for all the Iranian listener.
Speaker 2: As long live your runs all right, appreciate the phone call, Hay Song Kim. We'll find out soon what he does in Triple A and when there's a spot opening for him that he gets to call up. I like to say, he's just marinating right now, so to speak.
Speaker 4: In Triple A.
Speaker 2: You know, get me at bats, playing every day and producing. And he's gone off to a good start in the first couple of games in Triple A Oklahoma City.
Speaker 4: As long as he.
Speaker 2: Continues to quote unquote marinate and you know, just be ready when his name is called again, we'll find out how soon that is, whether or not it's Alex frielan playing himself out of a spot when a right hander or left hander is up on the mound.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Miguel Rojas isn't going anywhere.
Speaker 2: He's gonna get a lot of opportunity to play, especially against left handers, So I don't know how soon it happens. You know, injuries obviously affect a roster, and if that is a injury that it brings him up, we'll find out if it's because he's out playing somebody at the major league level and he can do better that could be a reason, but it's six games into the major league schedule and less than that in the minor league. So let's let him quote unquote marinate a little bit more in Triple A. James and North Hollywood wrap things up here on Dodger Talk on this Wednesday night after the Dodgers lose to the Guardians four to one.
Speaker 4: How you doing, James?
Speaker 10: Good Tim?
Speaker 6: Good Tim?
Speaker 8: Hey.
Speaker 7: You know, I agree that the big dogs are gonna eat in this lineup, there's no doubt about that. But something that I don't understand, not just with the Dodgers but with MLB in general, is I don't understand why more managers don't ride the hot hands. So I mean, I think the lineup we're running out is going to be our lineup more often than not when the guys.
Speaker 10: Are hitting like they're supposed to.
Speaker 7: But you know, riddled me this. What about a top of the order right now that looks something like, now, I know he's slumping Freddie Freeman, because guy knows how to get on base. He hits more doubles than anybody on the lineup, and he's a great, you know, base runner, So you know, I trust in his pedigree then you put Pie in the two hole right now because he's hitting everything, and then you put show. Hey. Now, I know Sho Hay likes to hit lead off, but fifty home runs a season, you know, seems like such a waste at the top, you know, of the order. And if he hit second or third, I mean, you got to feel like he's still gonna get as many at bets as the one two guys and it's got to be, you know, better for him if he's got to take the mound immediately after before. And so you know, I would say three games sample size, right, if a guy is just oh for twelve and another guy is six for twelve, why not ride out the hot hand for three games at a time. And you don't see a lot of teams do it, and I don't understand why. Because hitting is such a streaky thing. Why not ride the hot hand?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 10: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 4: And to counter what you're saying, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It is a streaky thing, and it's ups and downs over the course of one hundred and sixty two games. Just because you're in a down, just because you're you know, as you said in an zero for six an oh for ten streak. That doesn't mean you're not going to turn things around, and all of a sudden a three hit game, a two hit game, a three hit game, and next thing you know, you know, you're eight for your last fourteen. It could turn as quick as it can go bad for a player in baseball. That's why you can't. You can't look at a short sample size and make a rastisses and say, you know what, we're gonna strigger change things around. Oh no, after three more games, and we're gonna flip it back and we're gonna beat this guy's second.
Speaker 4: You have to let them get into the routine.
Speaker 2: You have to let the you have to let the lineup soak a little bit as you will, and get used to it on a day to day basis, with guys in their respective spots, whether it's leadoff, that in second, patting, fifth, batting, seventh, batting, eighth, you know, playing every day playing against left, he's only playing against right, he's only in Alex frielan and Miguel Rojas, all that stuff. You've gotta let it play out a little bit longer, and if it doesn't work after twelve fifteen twenty games. Are they all of a sudden just gonna blow it up and flip the lineup around? No, they're not, you know, but could it be a swight slight, you know, tinker in the lineup, Maybe a Will Smith drop down, a Tasker moves up, bets, some Tucker flip.
Speaker 4: I mean, they could do multiple things, but they're just not gonna do it yet. It is too soon into the season.
Speaker 2: You know, we're looking at twenty to thirty at bats at most for some of these guys through the first six games. You're just you're not gonna start making adjustments yet.
Speaker 4: You're just not. But I appreciate the phone call.
Speaker 2: Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five seventy is the number you need to lock it into your phones if you haven't already put it in as the favorite get it ready to go again. You can always listen on the iHeartRadio app and leave us some message on the talkback, which is really easy. Just hit the little microphone button, leave a message. I'll listen to them. If you think I'm an idiot, I'll listen to it. But we'll take your nice comments as well. So you can do that on the iHeartRadio app, and of course always podcasts.
Speaker 4: A show on the.
Speaker 2: iHeartRadio app or wherever you get your podcast, that's gonna do it for Dodger to talk on. This Wednesday night, Dodgers come up short. They fall to the Cleveland Guardians four to one. Gavin Williams seven shoutout Indians ten shrankouts.
Speaker 4: Yoshinobu Yamamoto goes six in.
Speaker 2: Pitched well, two runs, four hits, struck out two kept him in the game. The Dodgers' offense just couldn't get anything going one through six a combined one for twenty one with eight strikeouts. That one hit a solo home run from Freddy Freeman in the bottom half of the ninth inning.
Speaker 4: Dodgers lose two of three to the.
Speaker 2: Guardians, but they finished off the opening homestand with a four and two record.
Speaker 4: After the three game.
Speaker 2: Sweep of the Arizona Diamonbacks Day offt on Thursday, and then the Nationals home opener on Friday, we get it going at nine A and Pacific first pitch ten oh five on the West coast, one to five on the East Coast, as the Dodgers started a three game series against the Nationals and off to Toronto for three against the Blue Jays. Thanks to Coliny, Thanks to all you for being a part of the show, thank you for listening, thank you for podcasting.
Speaker 4: Please be safe out there. Brad Paisley, Sorry didn't have time for you tonight. Maybe another time. Solo everybody,