Speaker 1: Fan Bonus Bucks is back on CAF and we have nine chances for you to win one thousand dollars every weekday.
Speaker 2: That's every hour from nine a m. Till five pm.
Speaker 1: Down to the keywords and learn more at the camfan dot com.
Speaker 2: Patrick Morny Show Final Hour. It's eight oh five as.
Speaker 3: We continue to disappoint our new friend and guest, Matt Walker.
Speaker 2: I know he expected we did much more work in.
Speaker 3: Here, but Nikky sees now that we just sit around talking then come back and talk more.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, How unimpressed are you? I am not disappointed? Okay, exactly what I was hoping.
Speaker 3: Well that if you're not watching it, said campan dot com. Slash watch right now, you're not seeing the national championship trophy sitting just between Mark Parrish and our new friend, Matt Walker, who's the head coach of the u W River Falls Falcons, the national championship in football in Division three. Congratulations, Uh, Mark, that's a trophy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's nice to be close to a national championship.
Speaker 2: Actually, didn't you get close with St.
Speaker 6: Clauda?
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know what that was.
Speaker 3: That wasn't much that n C double A I think on the trophy looks like a gold medal.
Speaker 5: Don't you have a gold silver? Okay, well, you know what, anything else you want to talk about? I think you six times making the n A two playoffs, not getting out of the first round.
Speaker 2: Well you're great. Thank you.
Speaker 4: On Friday and in overtime he gave you a run though. Yeah good, Yeah, yeah, I did not bear trap.
Speaker 2: Scared me when he tied me up at the end there. Yeah, puts you in a bear trap, coach. What is the hardest position to fill on a football team?
Speaker 6: Oh, big guys and cover kids are hard to find in the college level. Most of the skill kids want to be receivers and touch the football.
Speaker 2: These great athletic big kids.
Speaker 6: There's not enough of them to go around. We all want great athletic, big long guys. Hard to find. Yeah, so yeah, probably edge long big guys and cover kids is what we always say.
Speaker 4: What about the what about the stereotype that Wisconsin is filled with just giant farm kids. Is it easier to find defensive linemen and offensive linemen that are just big, you know, rough dudes at the bail hay every day and.
Speaker 2: Twenty one?
Speaker 6: There's probably something to the blue collar clientele we have, and but we get it from Minnesota too, But we we're kind of a blue collar group. We attract that, the school attracts that. We're a broad criculum. We have kids, and I think we have forty seven different majors represented on our team. But we got some mad kids and they're tough, and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, is it hard to find specialty like long snappers and kickers.
Speaker 6: We've been pretty blessed with that. Actually, that long snapping things. It's kind of like this is going to be wrong, But like hockey's got its own little world, right, left handed pitchers have their own little snappers and kickers have their own little world too.
Speaker 4: We've we've been lucky. We've got some We've had some really good ones in some great ones. In fact, there's a guy named Kyle Stelter. He's the River Falls grad, had a little cup of coffee I think with the Jets, but he runs a special team to you is what he calls it. And he's one of the leading long snapping coaches for all the professional football snappers in the entire country. Wow, amazing he's based out of a player, but yeah, incredible.
Speaker 2: We kind of have this little little niche with long snapping. Yeah, that's interesting, coach.
Speaker 7: Coach, I've always been curious about like your kind of perspective on high school athletes, Like, obviously you're recruiting football players, but do you look at like other sports and kids' ability to go play basketball, play hockey or or baseball or something like that.
Speaker 2: Is that something that intrigues you as like multiple sport athletes. I'm super intrigued with multiple sport athletes.
Speaker 6: I'm so tired of the people that say we support multi sport athletes and then don't support multi sport athletes. This drives me the na because they know it's the right thing to say, and then they're having nine practices a week for their club team and you can't do anything else.
Speaker 2: I'm just so against it.
Speaker 4: And I played two sports in college and all for it for sure. I think it's what we need to be doing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so much specialization, is it's crazy? Hockey academies perish.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's your fault, it's all It's all my fault. Yeah, I was the one that worked super hard in the summer. Yeah, no, it's it's It's funny though, you know, the we've talked about that at the NHL level for quite a while now. And it's as much as multi sports. I grew up playing you know, football, baseball, anything, anything I could play. Uh, It's it's hard to argue against some of these kids now though, with their skill and the talent that are getting into the NHL and just taking the world by storm. Storm. So absolutely love multi sports. Uh, Like I said, that was the way I grew up. But at the same time, for for the for the kids that that crave it and and that wanted that much, you have to have that outlet for them.
Speaker 2: And there are plenty of them. And I get it. I get it.
Speaker 6: I do, and I just hope it's the kids that want it, not the parents. And because yeah, we've all seen those nightmares. This talk about the mess in high level college football, This youth sports is a mess right now, and yeah, we gotta we gotta figure it out too. And here I am bashing then, I'm coaching every d m U sports Teama Valley, but yeah, we got.
Speaker 2: To get a handle on that as well. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: It's time for Fan five on the Power Drift presented by Builders and Remodelers.
Speaker 2: Builders and remodelers.
Speaker 4: All right, coach, you mentioned that you you played baseball, you like baseball.
Speaker 2: We haven't mentioned this once yet.
Speaker 4: Carlos Beltran and Andrew Jones both elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: A bunch of the big name still left off.
Speaker 4: Like like Rodriguez and Manny Ramirez. I think Ramirez was in his tenth year, so it looks like it's over for him. But the steroid era is just of course did not age well. But Beltran and Andrew Jones both in incredible players.
Speaker 2: Kind of in my prime of watching Major League baseball.
Speaker 4: I'm all for letting those guys all in with the asterix.
Speaker 6: I think they got to be in. They tell the story of the history of baseball. We got they got to be in me and Barry Bonds is the best player to ever walk the planet, and Roger Clemens and Alex Yet yet four of maybe the best ten players to ever walk our planet put an asterix or something. But they tell the story of our of our game. I say our game. I love baseball, but same reason I wanted Pete Rose in the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, Manny Ramirez a rod like I said, definitely feeling that wrath for sure, right.
Speaker 6: Because it's a part of the history of baseball. You know that that era, steroid era is what it is. But I think they need to be in to tell the story.
Speaker 2: I think he was thirty something percent, so not even close.
Speaker 8: It's weird because they all profited off of that, the owners, everybody, and now they're like, no, that didn't exist. We're not helping those guys at all. Barry Bonds may have taken a bunch of steroids, it's still the hardest thing in sports to do, and he did it at a high level. He should be in a rod should be in, Like you said, they should all be in.
Speaker 2: But the numbers are inflated.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'm not a proponent of celebrating the I'm sorry, Bud, I'm not celebrating the performance enhancing drug use, but I am I want I'm in with with an asterisk to tell the story.
Speaker 2: Lagged the Jews, Yep, we all do Jews. I do. I would like to get some Jews. Was somebody give me jews please?
Speaker 8: Wasn't the Pete Rose thing that he allegedly never bet against his own team.
Speaker 3: I gotta believe that's not true, you know, because we know a little something about gamble, won't you?
Speaker 2: Sorry you can't stop? Yeah? Oh yeah, wins right, you're trying to win money. Who cares what team you're betting?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 4: That's right, and the other the other double edged sword, Matt is the the greatest season in the history of baseball was nineteen ninety eight, and that was nothing but steroids. Right, it was the greatest saved baseball. It was the best. Who cares if they were choosing hit it? Hit it to Tim buck too? Who cares to watch it?
Speaker 8: I don't care?
Speaker 2: Who do you play for?
Speaker 4: I was watching so much, so much fun to watch. Yeah, yeah, it's it's a shame it's tainted.
Speaker 2: With with the steroids.
Speaker 4: But got it was and the greatest commercial ever with the chicks dig the long ball commercials.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so good that it made it fun, made it Parker wasn't even na I mean, I can assume it was sweet. It was the best. It was. It was negative one years old, amazing something. Come on, you missed the golden age of baseball eight? Yeah you did. I was there the year.
Speaker 7: My cousins are from San Francisco, five home runs before Barry Bonds broke the record.
Speaker 2: Wow. I was in attendance, so that was a great stadium. That was unbelievable. I love that baseball. Did he hit one in that game?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: They I mean hit one every game.
Speaker 7: I mean we were in the outfield too, We're like, let's get one of his you know, his his his ball runs, get his balls.
Speaker 2: But tiny unbelievable. Yeah, I gotta be. You don't care yours already?
Speaker 4: Are?
Speaker 3: You don't care if you need a bit morning have these things?
Speaker 2: They're all wrinkled. Yeah, I agree, Tom.
Speaker 4: The Jazz were double digit underdog to the Timberwolves, but they come back in the fourth quarter and win one. Twenty seven Kanti George courtA career high forty three for the Jazz. Ace Bailey had twenty. He drilled the three in Parker's face last year, uh and had thirty eight, but on eleven of twenty eight shooting. That's not super efficient. The Wolves are now twenty seven and seventeen up next the Bulls at Target Center on Thursday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're a pretty good position there.
Speaker 7: I think we ended up climbing all the way to second in the West and then you lose a couple and next thing you know, you're fourth or fifth, So, but it's a game of runs, it's a game of highs and lows.
Speaker 2: The Wolves will be all right.
Speaker 7: We were talking the other day, like, who are teams that make you nervous? I think Oklahoma is one of those teams. I think Houston's one of those teams, and San Antonio one of those teams. But outside of those three, I feel pretty confident. We've continued to have Denver's number, and then some of these other teams are a little beaten and battered.
Speaker 2: But we'll be all right, right hawk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, bab, We're gonna be alright. Yep'd be cool.
Speaker 4: The Wild loss of the Canadians late Coal caw Field scored with fifteen seconds to go to.
Speaker 2: Winning for Montreal.
Speaker 4: Up next a four game home stand for the Minnesota Wild, including Detroit tomorrow.
Speaker 2: At eight thirty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, hey, one, two or three. Tough finish on the on the road, but it was a tough schedule, three games in four nights, three different cities. Obviously, Now get a chance to come home and yeah, get some rest in their own bed, get a little home cooking, get in front of the hometown out and get a couple of wins at home?
Speaker 2: All right, dumb question. Dumb hockey question.
Speaker 4: You know, like when a when a quarterback plays super well for like six to eight games and then all of a sudden he starts getting his butt kick and everybody says, well, now there's enough tape where the other defenses have figured him out. Yeah, is Walsteed kind of experiencing that because he was like unbelievable the first couple of months and now he's getting rocked a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, last night wasn't his fault? Ball said, played well last night?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Is there truth when hockey? Does that happen or not? Really?
Speaker 5: Well? Yeah, no, definitely that does happen. You know, because you will get a book on guys. Guys will start to learn your you know, the weaknesses, your strengths. But that's also part of growing up and adjusting as a goaltender in the NHL. He's gonna you're going to go through moments like this where guys are going to kind of find a spot and pick you apart a little bit, and he's going to make some adjustments and figure it out and continue to be a spectacular goaltender. And that's just the that's just being a young goalie in the league. It's just going to happen, and it even happens to veterans where they just kind of get off for a little while you don't know why, and get back, just keep working hard and get back at it.
Speaker 2: So that final goal, who whose fault was it? Favor?
Speaker 5: Yeah, rock, he got. He took a breath, He took a breath. He hate he was on caw Field. He kind of got pucks, goot puck watching a little bit, looked over his left shoulder, and Cawfield just took a step and a half separation. And that guy has that little Wisconsin boy, he's got an absolute cannon of a shot and he can pick a corner.
Speaker 2: And that's just it.
Speaker 5: Literally was the one guy they're looking to set up and the one guy that we did not want to get the puck.
Speaker 2: On his stick.
Speaker 5: And hey, that's what makes skill guys skilled. They get open even against great defense. All Right, one last hardcore hockey question.
Speaker 4: Billy g got ripped a little bit for going to the well with Vladimir Tarasenko. It's like we got him like thirty years past his prime, Like what are we doing with Tarasenko? Yeah, he's been like a nice surprise two goals last night. I mean, he's been a streaky guy. But your overall thoughts on Tarasenko, what three four months into the season.
Speaker 5: I like it because you're adding the depth scoring is something that we've been looking for, right, And yeah, you're not getting Vladimir Tarasenko in his prime when he was you know, probably your first line left winger, you know, scoring forty goals a year, not getting that same exact guy. But what we're getting is the depth player. And if he can still contribute, he can still kick in in games here and there, have a couple of goals, take some weight off of the big boys, off capriz Of and Boldie, so they don't have to do it every single night. I mean, yeah, I've loved what he's brought.
Speaker 2: To the table.
Speaker 5: And obviously you bring another power play, bringing a left handed shot on the power play, another left handed shot on the power play.
Speaker 2: But you know, I liked that move.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know people maybe got a little bit upset because it's that age, right, and when you're going to bring an age, you hope that they can produce. But Vladimir tara Sinkle not only can still score the score goals, but he does have a Stanley Cup on his Stanley Cup ring excuse me, on his finger, so he brings a lot more than just scoring goals.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, if you're a little jealous, you just want to touch this trophy and feel what that's like.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, tuggs everybody that feels good.
Speaker 2: It's heavier than you think.
Speaker 4: And I picked it up. I literally he tried to take it home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't fit in my back again.
Speaker 3: Now, Matt Walker's our guessed the head coach of the UW River Falls Falcons National champions Division II football. They should congratulations again, thanks for coming in.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it very much. What still surprises you about your job?
Speaker 6: You know, I think that, uh, this generation of kids is getting bashed and and you know, everybody thinks the the end of the world with these kids.
Speaker 4: But I agree, relax, Tom Shane agreed it's over for the youth.
Speaker 2: I my slice of guys I work with.
Speaker 6: I would tell you I don't believe that there's such good kids and they're motivated and they want to be led, and they want to do the right thing, and they work their butt off for you. So I would tell you this isn't surprising, that was the question. But like one of the things I'm thankful for and love is that the slice of eyes from the generation that I have, I love them and I think that it makes me feel good about our world.
Speaker 4: Is it true as a head coach that if you get a phone call at two or three in the morning, you almost always know that that's a bad phone call and it's gonna be some kind of situation that you're gonna I do.
Speaker 6: And we have a team rule that if you're if you know you're gonna get in trouble, I have I better hear it from you first or your punishment's going to be worse.
Speaker 2: And so it is funny.
Speaker 6: I'll get some of these freshmen that'll have the you know who, we all got caught with some beers in the norms. So I'll get the occasional eighteen to nineteen year old calling me at two in the morning, and.
Speaker 2: My wife will get my wife like, oh god, what freshmen got caught? Right?
Speaker 6: And here they are trying to be all serious and they're probably intoxicated, coach, but I'm like, hey, you did the right thing. You told me first. So they're they're punishments less. So yes, I get them, not a lot. Thank God, I got a pretty good group. And that's a tough call. And as I said, the freshmen are, they're freaked out by me still for the most part. That the older guys know I'm a pushover. They're they're not scared anymore. But I'm their buddy. But the freshman scared.
Speaker 3: How do you think your players would describe you as a coach?
Speaker 6: Oh, I think that they would say in the positive right way. I walk the line of being their buddy as much as their their coach. Like I love college sports because I love being around these kids and this aged kids, and they keep me young. It's funny, like it feels like overnight, I was the young coach for Song. I was at twenty three, I was the head baseball coach at DePaul. At twenty eight, I was the head football coach there. And even when I got here, I was in my thirties. And but it feels like overnight, I've become the old guy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: They joke with me about things I make fun of my father for, you know, like I can't see anymore without glasses on, and then I can't work the computer and the team meetings.
Speaker 6: But I'd like to think that they they feel comfortable telling me anything, making that call. As hard as it is, they are comfortable and that I'm that I'm I'm I'm a.
Speaker 2: Good like I said I joked about earlier.
Speaker 6: But I feel like I'm a normal dude and a profession of crazies. And I say, don't get confused with my competitiveness, like, I'm normal, but nobody wants to play me in ping pong in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you're a psycho competitor.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, so I don't know what the rules are as far as staffing goes, But do you have enough employees?
Speaker 2: Do you have enough help? You know, I think we all want more help. I don't want to get myself in troll with my employer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that we I'd say we're to the average Division III football staff.
Speaker 2: Probably a guy or too short with full time.
Speaker 6: I'm blessed with an army of guys, with these part time volunteer guys, guys that play for me, You like, go into your question what they'd say about me. The answer might be, like most of the guys that play for they want to hang around. They want to coach for us, They want to be a part of the program forever. So I have a lot of great help with guys that just got done playing with me. I'm blessed in town River Falls. I have three former head coaches from the high school level that are on my staff as part time guys. And so we're we're making well, you know, we're an army. I think we have a twenty three coaches. When you see our list of coaches, now there's you know, three or four of us that are that are receiving benefits and working. But yeah, i'd be great to have some more full because the recruiting piece happens all day. You know, those guys are coming in and you know they have other jobs, are coming in the afternoons for practice and stuff. But the recruiting pieces is sun up to sundown. So you need more everyday office guys if you can get them.
Speaker 2: What was the party like after you won?
Speaker 4: Was it coffee and croissance or was it basically keg stands.
Speaker 2: It's funny.
Speaker 6: My my wife was saying, how Signette's getting all this fun attention for having the one beer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and she's like, good thing. They don't know how many beers, because it was a thousand.
Speaker 2: I was. It was, Yeah, it was so cool.
Speaker 4: In the hotel we were staying at, they gave me a kind of the suite and so.
Speaker 6: I had this little boarder room off of this suite that I had. So my family went with me. Think god, it was so cool. We spent the whole week together. And then here's every branch of my life collided that night again. Here's here's the college crew, here's my high school buddies. All my family is there. Here's former players, current players, current player families.
Speaker 2: R A. D. Trent, who's sitting over here?
Speaker 6: Everybody, and here's every walk of my life, at least, let's say five to ten representatives of it all crammed in this little wing.
Speaker 2: In fact, we got in trouble.
Speaker 6: They called the cops at the hotel where we're at because we were being too loud.
Speaker 2: In the head coaches room. But dude, we just won the national time, so we weren't even being that bad.
Speaker 6: I mean, the thousand beers might have been a part of it.
Speaker 2: It was a good party. Good party. Well deserved another one this year. Maybe Vitetri March to your party this year. You're always in the party with you, all right. Now, that's Matt Walker of River Falls. Will we'll do headlines as we come back. Parker Fox is here as well. Mark Parish is here. This is the power.
Speaker 5: She leaves.
Speaker 8: Come. Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, if you'd been born a little earlier, Matt, you would have heard this band not far from where you grew up.
Speaker 4: I do wish could have gone and seen Rise Rise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could have seen it.
Speaker 6: Did you play in in the Elkhart bar scene?
Speaker 2: We didn't know.
Speaker 3: I did with my band Stone Blind, but that was even farther before your time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know a man was storm Blind. The band didn't were. Uh yeah, good said five of you and that one lady hung out out to dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's right, that's exactly that's what happens to me. Okay, cool for a bite. Did you ever go see Molly Cruet Marcus Square Arena?
Speaker 6: Uh not Molly Crue, But I saw Neil diamond at Marcus Squirina Man I love, Yeah, my dad loves Neil Diamonds. That was my first concert, man, I saw him. I'm gonna admit this two times. All My own wife and I went and saw him on the rocks, kidding me, love Neil. You see the movie yet, No, I've heard about it. It's not truly a Neil Diamond history movie though, right.
Speaker 3: It's a little go in ready to cry. It's unbelievably sad. It's a heck of a movie and it's well acted, but it is nothing like I thought I was gonna be.
Speaker 4: I don't want to keep hearing it's just not what you think it's going to be. I'm ready though.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So no eighties rock for you all though? Oh yeah, yeah, all of them. Yeah, but I didn't see.
Speaker 6: I wasn't have a huge concert guy until I got a little older. But yeah, I uh, my wife's music, she's our music person, so we're in this music rock and roll. I saw Elton John at Soldier Field.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's pretty awesome.
Speaker 4: Absolute and I wouldn't have gone to that on my own, but that was pretty cool. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I saw Kid Rocket Soldier Field. Yeah, no, kidding, Yeah, I don't know why this one stopped, because everybody wants to rock and roll. All right, well, let's try this now. It's time for headlines. Headlines. Here we go, Let's go around the world and see what's going on.
Speaker 4: There's a documentary on Martin Short called Marty Life Is Short that hits Netflix in May.
Speaker 2: That'll be great.
Speaker 4: Martin Short kicks as he's he's a genius.
Speaker 2: Does Parker Fox know who Martin Short is? Don't answer? Do we think he knows who Martin?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 4: Basically no? Can he can he in any way prove that he's Like? Is he the guy from such and such? You think he can name one?
Speaker 2: Yes? I think he can do that. I think he can do one. No, no, no, Magie, no, Parker.
Speaker 4: Can you name anything or tell us anything about the iconic comedian Mark.
Speaker 2: I got Vladimir Tear.
Speaker 7: The only thing I know about him is I think he's Canadian. But that's he's right. That's the only thing. I couldn't tell you a show or a movie or if he sang or anything.
Speaker 2: I give it to that man. Yeah, he accounts. Yeah, Yeah, that's all I got c TV and all that jazz. That's the first one I think of building or whatever. He's freaking hilarious. Yeah, I've seen I've seen his face. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh he does the Santa Claus Santa Claus movie maybe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jack Frost, Yeah, he's absolutely hilarious.
Speaker 4: So anyway, documentary Martin Short comes out in May one, that'll be great.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Netflix, Nielsen, which is the most reliable source of ratings on the planet, well said.
Speaker 2: Very very accurate, Thank you, Nilsen.
Speaker 4: They say that Christmas twenty twenty five on Netflix was the biggest streaming day ever. Stranger Things had a big launch that day. That that was like that second batch of shows, and of course it had the Minnesota Vikings had NFL. So between Stranger Things and the NFL, biggest day in streaming history was Netflix and Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Don't forget Snoop and Snoop at halftime? Yes, did you forget Snoop? I did not forget.
Speaker 4: I don't forget about forget about Tray, and I did not forget about Snoop.
Speaker 2: Parker forgot about Martin Short. I never know him. You didn't live through Martin Short, and you didn't live.
Speaker 4: Through the ninety eight baseball season. I missed him both, and you played basketball and essentially missed all of Michael Jordan as well. I got Lebron. See you do have Lebron labron Ron. All right, let's try let's try the youth game again. Oh god, it was thirty two years ago today, Parker Fox, so before you were born, But thirty two years ago today. Lorena Bobbitt was found not guilty. Do you know what Lorena Bobbitt was famous for? He don't answer, Paul, put your hands down. Yes, Chris would have slept with her. He doesn't care.
Speaker 2: He temporarily loses that. He'll sew it back out again. I'd be better off without it. Does he know who Lorena Bobbitt is?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Or no? No, No, there's no chance.
Speaker 4: I just kind of half gave it away if I was not payas maybe it wasn't listening to me.
Speaker 2: People tune me out. No, I don't tune you out. Bit something or something to the other. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Now you're tipping your hand, Matt. Do you do you think he knows the or not?
Speaker 2: No? No, Parish, it sounds like you don't never even heard. Wow, just no hawk would one of them female? I mean, that's a little lowered.
Speaker 4: One of the most famous trials and scandals of the nineties was the Lorena Bobbitt and John Bobby John Wayne and Bobbitt. He was a piece of crap. He was an abusive husband, so.
Speaker 2: She cut it off. Did threw it out a window?
Speaker 4: Parker More, They found it in a field and sowed it back on Tommy Jack.
Speaker 2: Tommy was fired up. What device did she use to knife? I think?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: Was it one of the yeah, one of the documentaries off?
Speaker 8: They show it after it's it's yeah. I cried because it was still larger than mine. It's a gross picture field.
Speaker 4: No what I'm about to say, Parker, You're gonna think I'm making up.
Speaker 2: I'm not. Okay. They sewed it back on.
Speaker 4: John Wayne Bobbitt later went on to star in such films as John Wayne Bobbitt, Uncut and Franken Penis.
Speaker 2: That's right? Has hawks seen either of them? One billion percent? Matt, they're making this up. Matt listens to the show. He's not bailing. He knows this is the deal. He knows you've seen Frank and Penis. Are the parks where I have to turn it down. Just a little bit of the kids in the car. Totally.
Speaker 4: This sounds like it's straight out of a cartoon. But a Washington State man used a frying pan to thwart off a home.
Speaker 2: Invasion at his house last week.
Speaker 4: I guess you just grabbed the first thing you can grab, and if it's a frying pan, then you have yep, you go cartoon on it and just hit people in the face.
Speaker 2: That would hurts. I mean that's metal. He was cas Iron Kevin exactly. Frying pan to the face. I use an dropping you know what act me as Parker Comedy Club downtown. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: Police in New York City are searching for three armed robbers who stole one hundred thousand three arms. Those guys they stole one hundred thousand dollars worth of merge from a Pokemon store. Another Pokemon robbery. They were catched that one guy from Forrest Lake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've had an answer like nine times that I can't remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they did better. I can't remember. No, I'm with you. I we I think we even got the definitive answer. And I've already forgotten what the defendant Hawk Corey and I bent on it. Yeah, yeah, I lost. It's okay.
Speaker 4: Today is National one Liner Day, and here with his best one.
Speaker 2: Liner on National one Liner Day is the fans sauce knock Knock. There that's not a knock knock joke. Target store is kind of kind of give that one a shot.
Speaker 8: I'm mister Rogers. You ever go to Target for socks and leave with home alone? Two on Blue Ray?
Speaker 2: That's normally my response when I tell that one. You say that to yourself? Yeah? Oh yeah, hand do it again. Do you ever go to Target first sock? No? Hold on? Yes, Target? Do you ever go to Target for socks and leave with home alone? Two on Blu ray?
Speaker 4: Joke, Yes, Kevin, next time, I hope they catch you joke. Yes, they did catch him. Old man Marley saved him to cut his fingers off. Yes, Chris, your your your your groove. But I told you I had a new bit idea and I'd like to try it. Yeah, especially since Matt is here and I want him to be involved. Nervous, could you do me a favorite of know where's that way? Would you load into the machine? The press conference clips?
Speaker 2: Sure? The camera start? Yeah, that'd be great, Thank you, Thank you for sure.
Speaker 4: Sure.
Speaker 3: The new bid also features meets us Paul Ambert. Okay, and I don't know if you heard this or not. Matt Walker, the head coach of the University Wisconsin River Falls Falcons and national champions in football. But we had a new bid last week called Meat Sauce Makes History, yep, and it failed just terrible as failable.
Speaker 2: I mean, the ratings went so low.
Speaker 3: According to Nielsen, Yeah, Harry Nielsen, he's been dead a long time though, So we've refocused it. And by we, I mean on the way here, I had this idea. So today Meat Sauce Makes History is going to work in this way.
Speaker 2: I'm going to tell you.
Speaker 3: What happened in history, and we're going to go live to the press conference where meet Sauce will be the person and we're going to be asking him questions about what happened.
Speaker 2: You ready, I'm excited? Okay, good on this date in history.
Speaker 3: In nineteen seventy six, from London's Heathrow Airports outside of Paris, the first concord was commercial passengers simultaneously took flight. Two of them January twenty firs, nineteen seventy six. London flight went to Bakrong. The Paris flight went to Rio de Janeiro.
Speaker 2: We have one of.
Speaker 3: The pilots at the podium here. This is Chuck Yeager. Hello, and Chuck's going to be taking questions. Anybody have any questions.
Speaker 2: For Chuck.
Speaker 4: Chuck, what is the difference between a concord and the standard airplane?
Speaker 2: Thank you man with really beady eyes.
Speaker 8: I think a concord goes really fast in a regular.
Speaker 4: Airporte of this plane. Excuse me, I just flew in and I'm jet lag.
Speaker 8: So I think a concord flight goes faster than a normal flight. Wow, thank you, Pee, We thank you for showing up to anyone else at Chuck. How fast does it go? About eight hundred and seventy five miles an hour?
Speaker 2: It's pretty fast.
Speaker 7: Hey, Chuck, you were you were flying over water to Rio de jan Era. What would have happened if the plane would have failed over the water. Well, sir, you're very tall. We would have skipped like a rock to our destination.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, Chuck, just for accuracy the eyes. As a journalist, I want to make sure everything's correct.
Speaker 2: Did you just spell your last name for me? Chuck? No, that's your first name.
Speaker 4: I just want to make sure I have it right when I write this story. Chuck, how do you spell your last name?
Speaker 7: C h u c K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got that part. Why his g E R do it again?
Speaker 8: C h U c K? Why a.
Speaker 2: G r a Chuck Jagger, I got a question, go ahead and tall down. How did the plane get in the air from the ground.
Speaker 8: Well, they got me off because I'm a fat slob, and it took off with ease.
Speaker 2: Wow. So didn't you just say you flew the plane? Sir? You were annoying? Oh you can't handle the heat.
Speaker 8: These are pretty standard question, Blacks, Chris Thomason, I know it's where he was going.
Speaker 2: Any other questions for Chuck Yeger? Any other coach? Any questions for Chuck Yeger?
Speaker 6: Did you or did you not become the first man to break the sound barrier?
Speaker 2: Good question? That was Tom Hanks and a movie Cocktail? Is Chuck Yeger? Actually? Is that guy?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Hey? Hey Chuck? Oh God, what wicked witch? You know this is.
Speaker 4: A handful of years before Tom Hanks was not in the movie Cocktail. Tom Hanks isn't even a big deal yet. I don't even know who he is.
Speaker 8: You know what the difference between me and you is even in nineteen I park in my garage and you don't, so go away, Christmas.
Speaker 2: I apologize to the man quickly. Yeah, go ahead, please, you gotta go. He's got another flight catch I was a little rude there. I'm very sorry, Chuck Yager. Thanks apologies. That's okay, y A g e R. Isn't that how? It's a close white e A. Yeah, yeah you did great. Why didn't know your name? Were the Wicked Witch here?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know she's here for the she's writing for the well, thank you. I have to go aboard the concour aboard it, go aboard the concert. Yeah.
Speaker 4: See, Matt, that's how it's done. Yeah, I'm impressed. Would like to do another one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was on this day in nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: The John McEnroe was disqualified from the Australian Open.
Speaker 2: For being a brat perfect.
Speaker 3: And we go live to the podium as John mcelroe's taking questions. Go ahead, anybody, Joe?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 8: Well, I was playing tennis and I hit the ball towards the line and then this person was I said it was out and I yelled, why so serious?
Speaker 2: We should have done it one? Yeah, pushed on, guys, that's what happens. That's when you go four on fourth down too many times. Coach right there, that's what I just hate. Hey, John, just for accuracy, How do you spell your last name j H M E N R O E nice.
Speaker 8: But spelled John Roll peek behind the curtain Hawk has it in very large print on the computer in front of me.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, all right, thank you again, Thank you, miss hot dog.
Speaker 8: Chris.
Speaker 2: I guess on the way to work. You're gonna have to think of a new idea next week. I got plenty of them.
Speaker 8: That was fun, that was good, that was something. Okay, sorry, it's not the initials game Abbit.
Speaker 4: That's Friday at eight fifteen, Pablo Lopez. The Minnesota Twins will be here this week.
Speaker 2: That'll do it.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, try this. We're gonna let Maco first, Matt. Hopefully your kids aren't listening.
Speaker 2: They should be in school.
Speaker 4: The US, according to a new survey, ranks fifteenth on a list of the most promiscuous countries in the world. What country would you guess is the most promiscuous country in the world. Hard to guess, but why not. Let's play a little geography game. My number one Spain, Spain, Mark Parrish got a shot. France, France, Parker Fox, Thailand. You're on a list, Chris Hockey, Meco Sauce alask Dear God, just go home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 2: We did that. Wow, saw Zach Netherlands, Netherlands. That's a good guess.
Speaker 4: According to this study, the least promiscuous is India, which is crazy because they have a billion people, so they're doing something. They just might not get around as much. The most promiscuous.
Speaker 2: Australia. Well it's the land down under. It sure is. I got that right, buddy.
Speaker 4: So apparently for a good time, go to Australia. Can anybody relate to this? A guy in England told his wife to stop entering stupid contests.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, but she did not listen.
Speaker 4: So she paid thirty dollars to be in a big charity raffle and won six million dollars. Wow, she won a six million dollar house on a lake. She also went over three hundred thousand dollars in cash. They've been married for thirty eight years. She told her order, this is precisely why I never listened to my husband.
Speaker 2: You want to hear it because she sounds real sexy.
Speaker 6: She does.
Speaker 2: I got it right here by your way. Oh man, there it is, he go. No, it was a knock at the door.
Speaker 9: The next thing I know, mate is telling me I've won a four point five million pound house that morning. We've been talking about downsize him, and now we've upsized. I've been entering for four years and he's been moaning at me for four years, and now we're millionaires.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad I don't listen to him, and I'm very glad you don't listen to me as well.
Speaker 9: And we haven't decided long term what we're going to do yet, but we are certainly going to enjoy it. In thanks for the two hundred and fifty thousand pounds that will make us to stay here and not have to worry about anything for many years.
Speaker 4: I can promise you this six million dollar lake house has like a six car garage.
Speaker 2: And because he told her to not do this, he's he's barking in the driveway.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 2: He has no chance winning court, of course.
Speaker 3: Biologists are baffled after a coyote was filmed swimming to Alcatraz Island. It's unclear where it came from. If it came from San Francisco, it would have had to swim or ride the current for a mile and a quarter. Experts are also speculating it could have been swept in from marrin or Angel Island, where a family of coyotes recently started living after swimming in from North Bay. Biologists at Alcatraz say this was the first time they've ever seen anything like this. I'm gonna guess there was a lady coyote, you know what I mean? Like that sloth video, That man sloth video is the best ever, the.
Speaker 2: Funniest bit of all time. Yeah. Man, so, but it didn't make it. It made it. It made it on the island, that's right, man, Yeah, where's she at? All right? I'm just going to read some numbers.
Speaker 4: You guys can ask questions because I don't have the answers, but Sauce, I know you've flown a concord before.
Speaker 2: Yes, and an actual place I knew.
Speaker 4: The report says that weight loss drugs could save airlines five hundred and fifty million dollars annually in fuel costs because the drugs would lighten passengers. New analysis from Jeffrey's Research Services says that drugs like ozepic and we govy could result in a society that is approximately ten percent slimmer, and if that happens, the passenger weight across flights would fall by about two percent, and that reduction would roughly translate into one point five percent in fuel savings for airlines. So they're saying if the WEGOVY and OZEPIC numbers stay on the track, that they think something like five hundred and eighty million dollars.
Speaker 2: In annual fuel savings for airlines.
Speaker 3: It's gonna get easier too, because like Olivia's got the pill, now the we GOV pill, which you know, a lot of people out there that want to take the shots, don't like the shots.
Speaker 2: I would one hundred percent do that. I don't want to give myself the shot. Are you afraid of needles?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What else? Am I afraid of? Corey literacy? A toothbrush? Who said that I didn't want it? He made me?
Speaker 5: You learn me? Do it made you?
Speaker 2: It's just you and I in here, you monster? I got that's not a gun, cap gun.
Speaker 4: The average Parker, You go first, The average fifty something in America has a net worth of how much.
Speaker 2: Money minus twenty networks.
Speaker 4: Take Chris out of this average fifty something networth, So that includes all money, all property, all assets. Yeah, one hundred and eighty anybody else?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Man Parish, Uh I'm gonna give us a little more credit and go five.
Speaker 4: Hundred, five hundred, Matt three fifty three, fifty Sauce, uh two seventy five, Chris six seventy five, Zachary or.
Speaker 2: Twenty boys are nice. You guys have no faith in America.
Speaker 4: The average fifty something in America now has a net worth of one point four million dollars. The average sixty something is slightly more at one point six million.
Speaker 2: Wow. I assume the logic is when you're in.
Speaker 4: Your fifties or your sixties, you probably have a good chunk of your house paid off. That's equity than whatever you have in your four oh one k, whatever you have in the bank. And obviously there's a whole bunch of people that are much much richer that help pull up the average. But still one point four million, sure is your average number? Now for nets worth. That's not liquid cash, that's just networth.
Speaker 2: I am not average. You can't buy anything with liquid cas.
Speaker 4: You have a national championship, you know, we get that trophy there, man Corey, Yes, sir.
Speaker 3: The Las Vegas severe keep Talking has become so popular it's getting a sibling. The governor of Maryland says a smaller severe will be built in National Harbor, just a few minutes from downtown Washington, DC. They're gonna spendbout two hundred million dollars on the public private partnership. He says the jobs and money from the shows will create about one billion dollars in annual revenue. Don't know how much smaller it's going to be, but it'll be another Sofia.
Speaker 2: I feel both ways about this, right.
Speaker 4: It's cool that other people have access to it in different parts of the world, but there is something cool that it's unique to Vegas, right, Yeah, but didn't Zach didn't They almost build one in London and then they scrapped the plans for it.
Speaker 2: Wasn't that, Yeah, they were supposed to. I didn't. Yeah, I didn't see the update on that. But uh yeah, I don't know why this location exactly right. Wasn't it losing money? I don't know? Uh, yeah, it just I think it was it was so expensive to build. Yeah, Matt, have you are you a big Vegas guy? I was hoping we'd go there. I am, Oh, you are you are? I'm not like generally Okay, that's the rest of us. I got to ask you. Have you guys ever been to the l Cortes an old downtown Yeah, Chris lost Downtown. Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 6: I don't need this strip. I just I'm Old Downtown. I've never been, And then I went for the first time. My father and some of his buddies used to go, and I didn't know what I was doing first time there, so I called my dad and I'm like, yeah, you can't find a black check table, fro under thirty bucksy where are you? I'm like, well, I'm on the strip. He goes go to all Cortes and Old Downtown. I'm like done, I haven't left there since I got like three dollars blackever you need, I got whatever.
Speaker 2: I don't need to go anywhere but there. And man, I love it.
Speaker 4: You're going to hang out, hang out in downtown. I don't need to go to strip ever. Downtown is awesome. Fair enough, A man, dude's super nice media, well done, congratulations and all your success.
Speaker 2: That's it's an unbelievable run. Fifteen ish years now right, fifteen years.
Speaker 4: Of river Falls finally pays off with the national title championship trophy. Looks awesome, Go play thanks so much for letting me do this. This was a dream come true for real, this is yeah.
Speaker 2: We'll have to do it against absolutely, let's play the Initials game soon, we'll do it. Give me a call, we'll do it. Mark Parrish, where can people see you or hear you?
Speaker 5: Next, we're down at the Unities Heroes League for the Hockey Day Minnesota.
Speaker 2: I'll be down there all day to day.
Speaker 5: We got a celebrity game tonight at six and then I got to tell you what game Friday.
Speaker 2: And I'll be down to the rest of the weekend too. Come on down and say hi.
Speaker 4: Then, Parker, you're broadcasting Friday where Friday will be on the fan, Saturday will be on FanDuel.
Speaker 2: Dude, do the best. Congratulations, appreciate you guys.
Speaker 4: All right, powered your back Tomorrow five thirty nine, nine at to noon is next.
Speaker 2: I already have a wonder for day to have ad enjoy your beautiful day out there. I know it's cold, but go get it anyway. Let me get it once