Speaker 1: Week of Halloween, last weekend through this week and then here it is again technically Halloween weekend. Sterling seven hundred double LW kind enough to give us some time, but one of those behind the Phantom to the Pig Iron Pass Cincinnati Ghost Tours. Patrick Simmons, Welcome to seven hundred double ULW. How haunted is Cincinnati a lot more than most people think?
Speaker 2: I think part of what throws people off about Cincinnati is when you think of a city like say Savannah, or a place like Jettysburg, you tend to think of a lot more hauntings there, but they tend to be really concentrated. You can be in one spot and throw a rock and hit like twelve hundred places. Cincinnati is a bit more spread out than that, but we have I think, I don't want to necessarily say more, but at least as many hauntings as a lot of these sort of more major players in the paranormal game.
Speaker 3: It's just they tend to be spread out a little more. Around town. You know you're going to get like Eden.
Speaker 2: Park has stories, the Music Hall has stories, and obviously if you just take those two there are decents enough distance apart you might not connect them the way you would in some other cities.
Speaker 4: Well, and the other thing.
Speaker 1: Talking to Patrick Simmons, by the way, Cincinnati ghost tours have got the phantoms of the pig Iron past Halloween weekend. It makes sense that a lot of people may be lurking out and about trying to see where the haunts are. There is quite a history. Cincinnati is an old city. It's gone through a lot of changes. It's a river city with the you know, the Great Ohio River and the underground railroads. People trying to get to freedom. You think Porkopolis, you think o tr of all of the places, all of the haunts, Spring Grove Cemetery. I was just talking to a guy who did the Weird Ohio books, and we were joking around about the fact that cemeteries may not be as haunted as people might think. What's your take on that, because this thought was I guess the spirits aren't wanting to hang around, But I guess kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: I think that really is the case. Actually it's and it's part of it. Might be the cemeteries are sort of finished there. You know, if you go to a semis and your lad's arrest, chances are on some level, things have kind of come to an end ending there, you know. So I mean in spring Grove, we it has a few, there's a few hauntings that have been associated with Spring Grove. But spring Grow is also a very large cemetery. It's the seventh biggest cemetery on the entire planet.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's that huge.
Speaker 2: But if you take a place, you want to compare Spring Grove to something like Washington Park downtown, Washington Park has quite a few hauntings associated with it. Well, Washington Park used to be a cemetery, but it isn't anymore. And I think you're more likely to experience hauntings in a place where something like that has happened where the cemetery was moved and maybe I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Know Washington Park was a major one for this.
Speaker 2: They moved a lot of bodies and obviously they missed a few, and years later they found some.
Speaker 4: Because I like how you said that.
Speaker 1: By the way, Patrick Simmons from Cincinnati goes to they moved some graves and they miss some obviously, so which it goes back to the like the Poltergeist movie from the eighties, which if you're of a certain age, it's still worth the look. Things went terribly wrong when they put that subdivision on that burial ground that they relocated. How common and how many cemeteries are there that have been moved in and around Cincinnati, I wonder because when you think of the developments spreading from up and away from the river on both sides in northern Kentucky as well.
Speaker 2: So I know just in OTR we have moved at least two cemeteries because Washington Park at a cemetery underneath it, and Music Hall had a cemetery underneath it, and it's not the same one, even though it's right across the street there, it was a whole separate cemetery.
Speaker 3: So we've moved at least two just in downtown Wow.
Speaker 2: And that is even before you take into a towel the fact that cemeteries move on their own, like over time, bodies underground will just shift location because of the earth shifting. And in the city like Cincinnati, where we're built on so many hills, we have that problem a lot more than other places. So if you live, say a couple of blocks away from the cemetery, there's always a small chance that one day maybe not in your life. Maybe whoever's there next somebody's going to be digging in a yard or something and they're going to find a body that that it was maybe fifty sixty feet away a.
Speaker 3: Few years before.
Speaker 4: Wow, that's a disturbing thought.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: You think about the hillside along Columbia Parkway, which is you know, forever in a day, you know, looking for mud slidges, reinforcement and more. In the country, and a lot of rural areas there are just random if you drive around the tri State, just little teeny cemeteries in the little birds here and there. How are those comparatively from your experience when you do these Patrick Simmons and these ghost tours. The lingering of ghost is it the spirits? Is it the you know, something terrible happened at a person's end that lingers.
Speaker 4: What exactly is that?
Speaker 2: So most of them do seem to be Most hauntings seem to come from when a person's ending was terrible, and there's a lot of theories as to why. You know, some people think it's that that just generates more negative energy or gives a spirit more reason to want to hang around. But you do see the opposite occasionally, I think a very good example of that is the Best House. Just you know, it's in otr and it's the oldest standing building in Cincinnati, the oldest brick building in the whole state. And several of the best children are told to haunt that house, but none of them died tragically. In fact, the ones who haunted didn't even die young. They just seem to be sort of drawn back to it almost because of their positive experiences there. So you do see both directions, but it is far more prominent than a haunting comes up in somewhere with something negative habits. And that's why those little rural cemeteries you see, you don't hear as many hauntings about.
Speaker 3: Them, and the ones you do tend to be a lot more vague.
Speaker 2: And I think some of those is probably legitimate, and some of those it's just if you grew up out somewhere a little more rural, and there was that one cemetery down the street from you, one or two nights, walking past that home late at night back to your parents' house, you're gonna start to get creeped out about it by a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know. Cemetery is just for better or for worse, they're full of dead bodies.
Speaker 2: At night, when the conditions are just right, they always seem a little at least eerie.
Speaker 1: Is there a newer generation of haunts? I don't know how else to put that. Patrick Simmons, by the way from Cincinnati ghost tours were sterling on the big one there this Halloween weekend. It makes sense tying in here because a lot of us we talk about, you know, OTR, we talk about the eighteen hundreds, we talk about early nineteen hundreds, but there's a lot of time in between, and we've been living and dying a lot here and there all this time and continue to be so. I mean, I just wonder, as you do these tours, do you find that there are more things popping up that are more recent or is it all just a long time ago. We're just much more calm and collected and easy going now with our dead.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny you say that. I've had people ask that on the tour because a lot of people notice a lot of ghost stories soon to be older. I think part of that is we had a period of time and I want to say this is waning off a little bit. We're starting to see a little more interested in the paranormal over the past, maybe about twenty years, but there was a period of time more interest in it really kind of sell off, and I think because of that, hauntings that may be newer either they weren't seen because the sort of collected energy of people believing in it is almost needed it for it to be there. I think that's a theory, or the other is just that you know, people would see something paranormal and would just write it off because they didn't you know, it wasn't as much of a thing that was believed in at the time.
Speaker 3: But that said, I do see some newer ones.
Speaker 2: I know a big one, and oddly it's in Otr, So it's in an old neighborhood that the Symphony Hotel in Otr is haunted, and the woman who we believe haunts it, and who they believe haunts it, only died there in the nineteen seventies, so comparatively a very recent apparition, especially because the building it's in is older than just slightly older than music all itself, so it's eighteen seventies, but it wasn't hought until about nineteen seventies, so it took about one hundred years or it goes to show up in it, but now there is one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of Patrick Simmons. By the way, Phantom said the pig Iron passed one of the tours in and around the tri State Cincinnati Ghost Tours. The website is us ghost Adventures dot com. Doing these tours, have you actually instead of just pointing and explaining the history and having have people You know, everybody's a little amptive than these. Everybody probably wants to sort of have something happen, even though they may be not really. I mean, it's that weird like watching a horror film. Have you had some type of thing happen while doing tours?
Speaker 2: So I've had a lot of people who were guests on the tour say they experienced things, strange feelings, voices in their ears, especially in and around Washington Park that seems to be a really hotspot for that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: And a lot of.
Speaker 2: People who have been on the tour have taken pictures of Music Hall and seen what appear to be people standing in the windows. Now it's kind of hard to work with those because I'm looking at a picture on someone's cell phone.
Speaker 3: They just took.
Speaker 2: You know, you never know what was there someone in the window a minute ago, or is it a reflection off something?
Speaker 3: Because there are a lot of life downtown.
Speaker 2: Sure, But to me personally, I feel like I'm a bit of a repellent. I think I said, I want something to happen too bad, so the ghosts wilt Let it happen.
Speaker 5: That is the joke.
Speaker 2: I saw people and like, nothing ever seems to happen to me, but it does happen to people.
Speaker 3: Around me, which is good for the people around me.
Speaker 2: But I will say, I don't know if it's ghostly, but it is always worth telling. I was doing a tour and we just left the Wooden Nickel ante shop and we were talking about how there's a lot of stories out there about haunted antiques, and someone got on the subjects of haunted dolls, you know, famously Annabel. And in the middle of this crowd of people talking about haunted dolls, a doll fell off of a balcony of a building about three stories up and just landed on someone in the tour group.
Speaker 3: And there was no one up there to have dropped it.
Speaker 2: If it weren't for the fact that the whole group was from out of town. I would have thought someone had planned it as a prank. It was too perfect and oh they're terrified for the rest of the night.
Speaker 3: I still don't really know where the doll came from. It was just a little, tiny.
Speaker 2: Children's toy doll, but it just fell on them in the midst of them talking about this.
Speaker 7: And to this.
Speaker 2: I'll be honest, I still think about it and go, that could have been paranormal.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that was very at least it was great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd say so.
Speaker 1: Patrick Simmons, by the way, Cincinnata Ghost Tours was stirling on the bnglin. Where is that tiny doll?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: You know what? They took it home, which I was surprised because.
Speaker 1: I mean, well, listen, if as from three stories above and hits me in my head and I survive, I think I've earned it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess that.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean it was plush.
Speaker 2: It didn't like hurting too bad, but I yeah, I had a moment of like, I don't know if it's sell on me during that conversation.
Speaker 3: I might have just set it somewhere and gone. Then somebody else can have it. But no, they thought it was They thought that was the perfect souvenir.
Speaker 1: That's pretty wild. Now I'm kind of curious the antique store. I always you see these creepy toys all that they sell, all these old pictures that people have with dead you know, because people used to photograph they're dead and so forth. Are those type of places do you think, you know, maybe filled or at least those items in those locations, maybe a place where stuff would happen, because those places creep me out.
Speaker 3: I think some of them are.
Speaker 2: I think some of those old things definitely still have sort of let's say, remnants of their owners attached to them. You know, there is some element of a person that is really a part of something that personal, you know, being a doll that you had your whole young life, or you know, especially something like a photograph of a dead relative, there is something personal attached to that. And I do subscribe to the theory that it's those kind of really personal connections that generate the kind of energy necessary for something paranormal or seeming the paranormal to happen. That said, I think a lot of those stories you have to be careful with because, on one hand, they do have.
Speaker 3: A lot of things that are likely to be haunted.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, they know that a lot of their clientele wants set, so they're going to talk up a lot of things as being haunted more than they necessarily are, because it's.
Speaker 7: What you have to do.
Speaker 1: I see, I don't think I would. I would not want a either possessed or somehow misused. I'll use I don't know who wants that on their mantelpiece. I mean, you want that exercise before it leaves the sh don't you? Or is it that the conjuring and all these you know which, by the way, great series of movie isn't a new one out now? I mean, Patrick Simmons, would you want to possessed item? Who the hell are these people who want to possessed item?
Speaker 2: Not me personally, but so I will say there is a period on the tour where we have a very long walk between two sacks and to fill the sort of void on it. One thing I always ask tour groups is is there was a house and it was everything you wanted at a house, but it was haunted and you believe given if you don't normally believe in hauntings, if you believe this house is haunted, would just still live in it if it was everything else you wanted. And I've noticed there are three types of people. There is the type of person who says no, absolutely not. There's the type of person who immediately says yes because they don't care.
Speaker 3: They just think it we need to live in a haunted house.
Speaker 2: And the third type of person is the person who says, well, hang on, how haunted is it?
Speaker 3: And is the price knocks down because of it? Because if it's I hear children's lapper in the upper rooms, all live there. But if the walls bleed, that I'm not going.
Speaker 4: To Well that's where you throw the line as bleeding the walls.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there always seems to be the person.
Speaker 2: I had a guy who's toward his eightieth birthaid his immediate question was, do you think I could traine a ghost to bring me a beer? Because if I could, then that's the house I want.
Speaker 4: I totally sign up to that. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: He said it so quickly, he clearly thought about it before, And I thought, yeah, So there's definitely a type of person who to them, there is an appeal to having something paranoral or haunted or multiple somethings you know, with them or in their home. And then there's a type of person who I think are quite reasonable about this. They don't want that, and I think that's perfectly fair because you.
Speaker 4: Got to make your friends as a risk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, there's always you know, you're never sure.
Speaker 2: And I've had people on as far to talk about they have haunted things in their houses and they've had friends with them who say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't go to their house. So yeah, I can get that, you.
Speaker 1: Know, another time, what to talk about an experience or two that I've had this sort of odd that I would like friendly ghosts. I'd like to you know, the after they figure stuff out and got beyond trying to like prop from it, you know, that whole beetlejuice vibe. If we could get along and coexist and like your an eighty year old tour guide or tour go where I should say with the wisdom to say at least they could contribute and help me out with a cold one from time to time is yeah, that's as similarly.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I could see his argument.
Speaker 2: If I could get a ghost that I could be on that good terms with, then yeah, we could talk absolutely.
Speaker 1: I know there's a bunch of stuff I haven't asked, and hopefully you'll come back, but before we do anything else that we've missed that you think is relevant talking about Cincinnati ghost tours, talking about haunts enter around the tri State or one.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd say the two things that I think are always worth mentioning are one, it's always great to go on a tour, especially like one like Fantoms of the Big Iron Past. Is the visits multiple locations. I know there are a lot of people who prefer to go to a tour that goes into an individual location because you can get deeper into it, and I think those are very cool, but one that takes you to multiple locations can usually give you a more baseline. You learn a little more history of the city in general, and then you have somewhere you can kind of build from to go.
Speaker 3: You know, Oh that place, I'd like to go check that out more. Oh that place, I.
Speaker 2: Can stay there, or it's an open bar, I can go have a drink there and maybe experience for haunting there, so you can pick up a little more of that.
Speaker 3: And this is a great time of year to do it.
Speaker 2: Because on Halloween, there's whether you think that the sort of the veil is thinner and more things are happening around Halloween, the fact is there are more people out and about and into this kind of thing at Halloween and just having that energy there. Whether it's from a ghostly perspective, we're just having fun with it perspective, it's a lot more fun to be out on a ghost store around Halloween.
Speaker 1: Well stated, great conversation, Thanks for the insight, and I'd love to have you back another time and hopefully not to wait till Halloween next time. He's Patrick Simmons, Cincinnati, go Thank you man, Thank you. It's us ghost Adventures dot Com and a fandom to the pig on your past is going on this weekend, Halloween weekend here, Patrick Simmons, Thank you man. Take care of yourself, you too, Thank you so much more. Sterling coming back seven hundred WLW Glad you're here. Sean McMahon, mister breman, keeping us in life. Jack Crumley with News, Kevin Carr, a little bit lighter, fat guys at the movie Silver Get go on the sub stack. Got to talk of scary spooky movies. Big weekend for at the Frankenstein movie.
Speaker 4: It was it Venia Garmo.
Speaker 1: He doing this new Frankenstein movie is supposed to be like really violent, really good, which I'm kind of looking forward to.
Speaker 4: We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 1: I'm curious here because we were talking obviously about some spooky Halloween stuff and the ghost tours here in Cincinnati and the history that sort of goes along with that, which I think is pretty cool, pretty wild actually. And I don't know if you've ever had an interaction with a ghost, an apparition A I mean, I've heard them called a lot of things over the years, poulter Geist, I don't know, Guardian Angel, I mean, I don't know. There's so many ways to look at it. Obviously, Halloween's more about the spooky, scary stuff. I will share an experience and give you a chance to get interactive on this as well. I'm kind of curious. I had a situation a buddy of mine this is some years ago, moved into an old early nineteen hundred's house and we were waiting for other people who had been suckered in to help him move. And I was there first, and the other people were bringing food and beers, which is how you get guys to show up to help you move your stuff, unless you're a woman, and then you usually just have to say, hey, well help me move, and then we do, because that's how it works. Or we hire people, which is a good way to help the economy and not hurt your back. But that's not where we were at this point in time. So the house is open, we're unloading the truck, we're moving stuff in. It is a four square house for those who don't know. So you sort of walk in. There's a front room and then off to the right, it sort of goes in a circle around dining room, kitchen, mudroom, stairs to go upstairs, and then bedrooms around in a bathroom. At some point I asked my friend, I said, is there who else is here? I thought no one else was here yet, and he goes, what do you mean. I said, well, I heard someone upstairs. I thought somebody had walked by me and you just came from outside. Who's here? And he goes, nobody. So he was like, well, somebody must have gotten in the house. So immediately I don't know if he's thinking vagrant hooligain, I have no clue so is we go upstairs. We look, there's there's no one upstairs. There's no one who's gone into the attic space, which was pretty creepy in its own right. No one in the basement, no one around. Then a little bit later we hear some more walking and it seemed, and I know this sounds freaky and made up in hokey, it seemed almost peripherally like there was a shadow or some person legitimately in the house that walked through the front room and then up the steps, and you could hear them go up the steps, at which point I got a chill and I yelled my buddy Mike and like, Mikey, who did you feel that? Did you see that there's somebody in the house? No, chase it down again? Nothing there? And then it was unnerving. I'm like, dude, this is not a good thing. You may need an extorcism. We're sort of joking around. Buddies show up. Subsequently, they're bringing the food, the beer, the more stuff, you know, to the house, and then we were debating on whether or not even to mention it to them or whatever. He never and he lived there like ten years. He had no other problems there wasn't even really a problem that day that afternoon. It just was an odd happening. He said, once or twice he may have heard something, but that was it. And the people, apparently, I can't remember exactly how the conversation with he encountered them, the people he had bought the house from, and they said there had been something, but nothing bad.
Speaker 4: And you talk to other people, and I've talked to a lot of people.
Speaker 1: They tell me that they, you know, either go'st to their grandparents' house where they live in the country, somewhere, you know, north side wherever, around Eden Park, in that area east Wannut Hills.
Speaker 4: A lot of those old houses.
Speaker 1: The people next to me when I lived there, just off the park, those people swore up and down that they had something that was in their attic space and that they would hear occasionally moving through the house, and then they'd have a party and invite people over. I'm like, I don't think I need to hang out in your place. It just seemed a little creepy and uncomfortable. What have you experienced? Will give you a chance to get interactive a little bit later, have a little fun with us five one, three, seven, four nine seven, eight hundred The Big One. Jack Crumley has your nine thirty report. Well hear from Kevin Carr in a bit about movie stuff. Also we got a Charlie's chalkboard. The guy behind it, Charlie Goldsmith going to talk who Dave Bengals Bears at pay Corps and here on the Big One where they play because it's the home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW. It's Halloween, I mean the weekend Halloween, not like one of the Halloween movies.
Speaker 4: And it is not just this weekend. It seemed like it was last weekend.
Speaker 1: Lots of parties, lots of good times and in a whole week and the celebration really in the selling of Halloween tends to start. I don't know when, when the hell it starts. I think it's after the fourth of July. How you doing, Sterling seven hundred w WELW. Kevin Carr, Silver Gecko on the sub stack, How are you? How's everything? And when did you get your Halloween decorations up at the House.
Speaker 6: Of car Well, you know my birthday is September eleventh, so I whenever I recently, I've been inviting my kids over, you know, because they're adults now, yeah, they're.
Speaker 1: Drown I want thanks for the way, by the way, for making me feel old about that, because I remember when they weren't. Makes you feel old, Well, yeah, that's true, Dad, that's true. That's true.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 6: I like to have them come over on my birthday, and you know we have. I get presents and stuff, but I always want people to that's when I decorate. So we start. I start celebrating Halloween around Labor Day. We decorate usually on my birthday because I look at it like this. You know, if Christmas can get two months or more, then Halloween can get two months or more. But here we are Halloween weekend. We got to wrap up. Yeah, and kill some turkeys.
Speaker 4: That's right. It's about time. You got to.
Speaker 1: You gotta slaughter the birds after the things get that's perfect. You do that in time so they can cure for it, or you hang them up in the cold cell. What do you do with the carcass of the bird?
Speaker 6: I boil it down and I make soup or like pot pies.
Speaker 7: Out of it or something.
Speaker 4: That's the way to do it all.
Speaker 1: Right now, before we continue on to because I mean there's scary movies in theaters, they're scary movies streaming, there's scary movies and TV show marathons everywhere that's been going on. There's tons of parties, tons of candies and everything else. But you have done for the longest I can remember, and longer probably than we've known each other, which has been a minute, the marathon of the scary films or horror films. And I know that has evolved over the years because the boys have gotten older as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my kids when they were younger, you had it. You couldn't. You couldn't show them like really hardcore stuff when they were like ten Arch seven or something like that. But I mean, I used to go to all night movie marathons. They'd have them up at the Direxel North and Columbus UH. And I did that since high school. And then when I had kids, I said, well, let's let's kind of cater it to ourselves, and we did all night movie marathons. We did other UH marathon type things. And now that my kids have grown and two of them are adults working on their own, they come back and and and we have shorter marathons because they have to go to work in the morning or whatever. But this year we're doing We're doing a Tom Atkins Marathon. Now, if you don't know who Tom Atkins is, you've probably seen him. He is an actor. He's generally known for stuff he did in the eighties. He did a lot of John Carpenter stuff.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, he did.
Speaker 6: He was he was in Halloween three, season of the Witch, Night of the Creeps. He was in the Fog Maniac Cop. He was an escape from New York. Yes, and you know he's he's he still does stuff. Heel like he did Drive Angry. He was in Drive Angry, you know, which was about fifteen years ago. Uh, and and My Bloody Valentine remake. But we're watching several of his movies because he's such a cheesy actor, because he always plays usually he's a cop with a trench coat and a mustache.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: Sometimes he doesn't, like in the Fog, he doesn't have a mustache.
Speaker 8: And creep show he does.
Speaker 1: That's the big dives off the top of you. What is your fixation with Tom mackins? I mean what I mean, that's an odd Like everybody loves Chris Walking, everybody imitates Christopher Walking, but Tom mackins and he did. He always played the annoyed cop about those meddling kids or something.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's like and I describe it to people as like he's like your friend's father who comes home from work and kicks off his shoes with his black socks on the autumn and then just drinks beer and watches sports all night. That's right, that's basically the kind of character tom Atkins plays.
Speaker 8: And he's it's it's it's it's really fun because like, like you mentioned Christopher Walking, You're like, there was no oddness about Christopher Walking, and you know, he wasn't necessarily like like a face.
Speaker 6: Man or anything like that, but he certainly had a vibe that kind of made him famous.
Speaker 9: What's so fun about what I love about Tom Atkins is he's not a bad looking guy, but he's not that good look he's but he always he got this weird leading man status. And like Halloween three, he plays a boozing, womanizing chainsmoking doctor who then decides to take out this this evil Irish maskmaker in uh In, California from killing everybody in Halloween. So I mean, but on his way he doesn't even pack a bag, but he gets a six pack of Miller Light or Miller Beer. It's not not like he doesn't do He did Miller genuine draft, you know, the champagne of beer.
Speaker 4: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 6: So that's the kind of guy he's And I mean he and he just kind of played that. But somehow he was a leading man, which is bonkers in my opinion, but it's it's a lot of fun because he just comes in there, you know, just sleezing it up and and you know, he's the hero.
Speaker 1: He's made the all the like sort of comic con kind of circuit and everything else too.
Speaker 4: Over the years. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: Carved out quite an inch of a career. I mean, I would love a career about half that well done.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I mean he doesn't have to work ever again because he just does these conventions. He's like it is, he's got it. He's like at least late eighty.
Speaker 1: I looked it up and and it's correct. He's eighty nine years old November thirteenth to thirty five. So get him, enjoy him, soak up his time, because I mean to.
Speaker 6: Turn ninety the next month, like two weeks and.
Speaker 4: I'm not wishing it. I'm leary. I don't even want to say it. It could be charmatically bad.
Speaker 1: Kevin Carr, by the way, Silver Geck go and on the subject was Sterling on the Big One. But I mean, we do all have an expiration.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, we do. But the thing with Tom Atkins, I've heard, and I don't know if it's true. I've never met him.
Speaker 1: Wells right over that I respect that, go ahead, Yeah.
Speaker 9: I.
Speaker 6: Think if I recall, he's not even a huge fan of horror movies, but they played like Jeremy Combs or Jeffrey Combs who played in Reanimator and stuff like that. He played in some very violent dark movies. He does not like horror movies. Who's the guy does the voice for Chucky Brad Doris. Yeah, he doesn't particularly like horror movies at all.
Speaker 1: No, another unique character on screen and off. Yeah, he's not all right, HW, So you're watching the Tom Adkins marathon. This is like a fun weekend for you, and I appreciate that and admire that of all the I'm telling Yeah, that's right, that's what it is. So what I'm curious about is because we've seen now multiple generations. This is the thing that's super interesting to me is we've seen the scary movies and they you know, multiple numbers. Then they reimagine it. They bring new characters like new generation really like sort of like the next version of Charmed or the next version of Hawaii five Oh, or Magnum p I or whatever. So, I mean there's been quite a change from like the very beginning of Nosferatu or whatever. Where did the horror or scary movie genre start?
Speaker 6: Do you think, Well, it started as soon as they made movies. Really. I mean you can find old stuff from the George Malaise Day, you know that the Trip to the Moon type stuff that has what could easily be described as horror movie elements to it. And you know, like look even like in the twenties you mentioned nos Faratu, which what's funny about nos Faratu is it was not authorized, which is why it's not called Dracula. And they made the movie without the permission of bron Stoker's estate, and I mean bron Stoker that was only about a thirty year old book at that time or less, maybe twenty five, and they were sooned. They were supposed to destroy the prints of that. Well thank god they didn't, because Max Shrek is count Orlock is iconic. But but yeah, I mean that was infancy of film, quite literally Dracula itself. They're coming up in six years to the one hundredth anniversary of Dracula nineteen thirty one. It was a very early sound movie, which which you can see in the way they they shoot it, in the way they mix the mix the sound because it's very minimalist. But you know, even going farther back, I mean you had plays. You know, Shakespeare's time had the Witch's scene amblet. So there's been tales and stories, and as soon as you started committing those to film, you started getting horror elements. And you know, then they diversify and you get the genres and sub genres. You know, the slasher films kind of showed up in really technically the first slasher film was maybe Peeping Tom or Psycho, but then it was not until Halloween came out in nineteen seventy eight that kind of became a phenomenon. You know.
Speaker 1: The other thing we talked about zombies in the Undead and the Waking Dead with the multiple universes of that, whatever you want to call that.
Speaker 4: Kevin Carr.
Speaker 1: By the way, Silver Gecko on Substack was sterling a Halloween weekend upon us here, a big one. But we talked about that before, and even the zombie thing in the Undead, which I thought was Night of the Living Dead and it's beginning. It was like the early thirties, right, I mean White Zombie, which was the movie with Bela Lagosi.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Legosi played his name. His name is what murdered was strange in that movie. But but those are different zombies because that that comes from the Haitian voodoo history of zombies, where they were basically people that were drugged and they would think they've died and then they dig them up and they think that they're the walking dead, so they believe that they're they're just they're like, they're just like walking zombies. And they used them in like as slaves on sugar plantations and that sort of thing. And that's what White Zombies about.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 6: Another great classic zombie movie, what that was is Serpent in the Rainbow.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. Yeah, that creaked me out as a younger man. That that really bought aside from like the nail or the spike in the scrotum, which I can say because it's technically accurate.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's it's a medical worm.
Speaker 1: But that that that really bothered me when I saw that the first time.
Speaker 6: It should but it had its intended purpose. I know, my sister saw it and she thought it was the funniest scene in there, and I'm like, you would.
Speaker 1: That's terrible though, that's what it's crazy and people, I mean that stuff still isn't. I mean, that's because that's stuff that people in real life sort of navigate that world in a way, right, I mean maybe not like bringing back the dead, but well no, but.
Speaker 6: But certainly that drug they they would they used in Haiti, which is where they found it. I'm sure there's versions of it elsewhere. But The Serpent of the Rainbows literally based on a book about a guy who goes to track that down. And I remember my my aunts years and years ago, before that even came out, she found an article and mailed it to me because you know, I was into all that kind of stuff, and it was about the guy who the books based on before Serpent and the Rainbow even came out. And it's basically it's it's a it's a drug that mimics death. It lowers all of your your your heartbeat and rhythms and all that kind of stuff, so that like you know, just an average doctor with a stethoscope and a and a mirror for you to breathe on, would would think you were dead. I mean if he did rain scan, you see it. But they didn't have that and in you know, one hundred years ago, you know, so that is that's a real drug, and they've brought it back and used it in the pharmaceutical industry for for anesthesia and that sort of stuff. But yeah, it's a that's actually based on real stuff as opposed to the flesh eating zombies, which are it gets technically ghouls if you really want to the.
Speaker 1: Sub genre, yeah, I mean, that's that's the other thing that's in. You have the creature features, which is like what like the vampire, which are the Mummy or what I mean, there's so much of those we talked about the undead. Here here's the other thing and we're short on time. Kenn Carr, by the way, Silver Gecko and subspect, I'm loving this Halloween talking movies and area. But even the other sub genre and you can go anywhere you want with this. But I mean like the Dead Don't Die or you know, zombie Land or yeah, zomb come zie. You already have a term for its army of darkness, I mean, and there are a bunch of them that go with it. There is a dark humor with it too. Is that people coping with it or just pure comedy?
Speaker 6: Well, I think I think it's sort of like how people react to something scary and how people react to something funny. It's a lot closer than people think. I mean, there's a hysteria, there's a height and awareness and you know, it's that catching of your breath and there's there's a certain fun to being scared. Now, nobody wants to be dangled off a building or anything, but that's why we ride roller coasters.
Speaker 1: It's true, close to the edge, right, controlled nightmare chaos.
Speaker 3: It makes you.
Speaker 6: Feel something, you know, that sort of thing. But it's but that's why they come close together, and that's why you can do these comedy elements. Or it's horrifying and terrifying, but kind of just heighten it up so much it almost becomes hysterical. I'll tell you. It's talking about stuff that's available now. I think it was last weekend HBO Max just got Weapons, the movie Weapons Okay, which which came out I think in August, and it was a huge hit, a massive hit. It's directed by Zach Creger, who started off in comedy as the Whitest Kids.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Yes, he did Barbarian a couple of years ago. And this is a great horror movie. I mean, it is chilling, and it's weird, it's different, but by the time you get to the end, it is so bizarre and crazy it becomes funny. And when you look at like somebody like Zach Kraiger or Jordan Peel, these guys have their history in comedy, but they're kind of seeing their biggest success in horror movies, which, like I said, they're kindred spirits in terms of the genre.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's a very fine line unless you're actually being consumed by the undebat anything. No, no, no, I mean this is the stuff nightmares are made up. Seriously, And I found a new candy bar by the way, that's an old one. Let me just leave you with this and then anything else you got going on. I digging through the bag because I buy the candy. We know this that I like because if the kids don't show up at least, it's not good for me eating it, but it's good for me not having bags of crap that expire.
Speaker 4: He heath Bar. I don't know that I ever had a heath Bar.
Speaker 6: What's what's expired candy? I've never experienced that in my life. I usually finished.
Speaker 4: You don't know what that is exactly.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm by point exactly even bag candy, I guess, And that's probably the truth of the matter. Am I the only one who hasn't had a heath Bar?
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't even know they still existed, but they were in the multi variety bags that I bought, and I grabbed a handful. And that's what was in the car driving with my coffee, which is chocolate covered. I don't know if it's caramel or what exactly it is in a crispy crunch. I love the heath Bar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, heath Bar is basically toffee in the Score bar. I don't even know if they make score anymore, but yeah, chocolate covered coffee like that or it's crispy though, Yeah, that's that's but I've seen I've seen heath Bar and in ice cream. It's really good. Like there are places that I have actually heath Bar crunched up in Iceman gets like a blizzard or something like that.
Speaker 4: I'm ready now.
Speaker 6: I love the kind of old time candy. I love neck A wafers. I'll eat Circus peanuts. I mean, I'm not WEIRDO.
Speaker 4: You like the candy corn, don't you.
Speaker 6: I love candy corn. I mean you really, it's it's there is no candy corn left anywhere in the house, and we got a lot. So yeah, you know, I'll eat the regular stuff too, But I love that the old fashioned, old timey candy, Smarties and Mary Jane's and and uh like like like a Charleston shoe.
Speaker 1: We're going down to the deep bend of the pool. Yes, these are all the old classic candies. As kids coming up, you're like, I don't want that. I don't want this, like the Smarties or whatever else. It sort of goes with it as long as they're not giving you. Oh I like those, yeah, the popcorn ball or you know, occasionally I just remember and we've talked about this before at a neighbor who was a dentist, and it was he gave away like baby teeny toothbrushes, but as a kid, nobody cares about doing.
Speaker 4: I hated that guy.
Speaker 6: If you want your house egg, you can give out.
Speaker 1: Toothbrushes, correct anything else before we let you go. Because we've gone way along. I'm so sorry, but I appreciate you being free on time.
Speaker 6: No, that's okay. The only thing that I will say this because I know we've talked about turk or treat in my house. I live in the crazy neighborhood with all the tricky treaders we gave out. I think it was a thousand pieces of nine thousand pieces of candy last night.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I'm gonna take a mortgage out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the chocolate this year, if thank god, you weren't giving away free coffee for the kids to be terrible. He's Kevin Carr, silver Gapto on substack.
Speaker 4: Thank you man. Have a happy Halloween weekend. It will be back.
Speaker 1: It's more sterling seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Don't be scared to rush. They'll be touring soon.
Speaker 1: Mister McMahon very excited, gonna take a road trip to Chicago. I think he may have like coughed up the I mean like an enormous sum of money, like really, like at least a college textbook.
Speaker 7: One.
Speaker 1: I coughed up a paycheck a paycheck. Yeah, that's crazy. But I've had the joy of seeing Russia a couple of times in the first time touring, and it's been like a decade, which is just disturbing. I got a great new drummer a part of the project, and they'll be on the road, so hopefully we'll get him closer to home. Maybe a road trip won't be necessary. A couple of minutes away from ten o'clock report. Jack Crumley will have news on that at Stirling Radio. On X or Twitter, call it whatever you want. It's been X for a long enough time I probably could stop saying Twitter, but people still tell me they're getting me on Twitter, so whatever it is. There's a couple of pictures there I came across that seemed appropriate for Halloween that you can check out, one of which is I was rolling by I stopped sort of out in the sticks a bit on the side of the road. There were a bunch of buzzards and occasionally you see him flying around where we are along Montgomery Road, and they'll be up outside our windows and so forth. McMahon, Mister McMahon, I don't mean any disrespect. He was telling me how like he had seen something like that and taking pictures and thought he was very concerned about the circumstance.
Speaker 4: Same thing with me. When I've been on the air.
Speaker 1: We were in the other place, on the other side of the building, had a situation where you'd look outside the windows of the studio and then all of a sudden there are all these buzzards around. Hard not to think perhaps you were like the carnage that they were looking to eat the scraps of. So I'm like, man, I better get it together. I got to give good show, and we will.
Speaker 4: Coming up.
Speaker 1: We'll talk to Charlie a Goldsmith Charlie's Chalkboard about Bengals and the Bears. They're playing a pay course Sunday, and we'll talk about Flacco the shoulder and the transition with him, and well what happens if he can't go, and how they look at QB two and maybe QB three for that matter as well, and a lot of other ground to cover, including some issues of other places around the world and different traditions for Halloween, like maybe say Day of the Dead in Mexico or Hide the Knives in Germany, which is a pretty disturbing scenario, or the way they do it in Bolivia or Peru or Japan. Yeah, I got all that and more coming up here. Home of the Bearcats in action tomorrow night Primetime Big twelve Max matchup taking on those utes a Utah and back in the afternoon Stirling with Donna d and of course Bengals Sunday right here where the Hoode play. Home of the best Bengals coverage. News Radio seven hundred w WELW Cincinnati News, tracture of things.
Speaker 4: Perfect weather for it. World Series.
Speaker 1: By the way, if you're keeping track, Game six underway, Blue Jays leading the series three games to two, Dodgers in front and the top of the seventh three to one, so they're not looking to keep this thing extended.
Speaker 4: Get a shot at it.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it goes, should go seven. It's game six now, Swain, it is all right. Let's see how about this Halloween stuff, because we were talking about Halloween and I think this makes great sense.
Speaker 4: I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I'll go through some different types of I guess rituals or ways that other parts of the world celebrate or go through some Halloween spooky stuff. Talked to Kevin Carr talking about the different movies and all the stuff that sort of goes with that, which was kind of cool. And then also, of course candy stuff, which is great and Dennis loved this season. It wasn't oh, yeah, there we go, let's make secial comments step in mawhouse anytime you can do that on the bit what do I feel good about it? So you know, Dennis love it because people have fillings that are pulled out, a lot of chocolates, a lot of gummy candy.
Speaker 4: By the way, keep an eye out.
Speaker 1: You got to check the kids bags or the containers that I would use like a pillowcase when I was a tiny sterling, and then you had to avoid the older kids who would go around and snatch bags after you did the hard work of going door to door begging, speaking of which it's an amazing thing in the midst of it, and I don't want to change the vibe fully, but you know, you're talking about hungry people and begging and for candy. But if somebody knocked on your door for food. What the hell would you do? Here's some food, Have some candy. If your blood sugar is low, have some sweet stuff. Sorry, you can't get any food tough times. Tomorrow we'll see if we can't get free store food bank Boss on to talk a little bit about that, Kurt Riber. We're work out scheduling for him to see when we're on in the meantime. Five point three seven four nine seven eight hundred, the Big One, your chance to get interactive. I'm curious as we open up these phones. The favorite candy, least favorite candy I remember going through. Kevin mentioned a few of these in our conversation, like the Mary James, the cow tails, all that, the Jolly Ranswers. I'm a fan, but I always want to gnaw on those and chill them, and that'll yank of filling out or break a tooth. And nobody needs that except Dennis trying to get themselves a summer house excuse to play some talking heads too. Gotta like that, Yeah, Psycho Killer, A lot of the good spooky movie stuff. I wondering about that. Your spooky is just sort of like a Halloween spooky movie scenario. I mean, beatle Juice is fun that certainly categorically fits in Hollow.
Speaker 4: It goes along with that.
Speaker 1: But I like the fun stuff, all the undead shows, all the undead movies, even I Zombie. Somebody messaged me earlier at Sterling Radio they were saying, that's fun and kind of spooky. Since we were talking about undead in comedy and that was a series that ran. I'm not sure if it if it's strange, I think it was on like the CW or something could have been on Fox that was on for a few years and it's still out there. People are enjoying that as well as something to sort of go along with that. In Ireland, the Samheim traditions I hope I'm saying that right, the oldest Halloween traditions around. I mean that's where Halloween pretty much originated with the Celtics Festival of Samheim. And they say it marks the end of the harvest season, which makes sense, the start of winter, which nobody likes. Well, I don't know, maybe you're a fan of the winner. I'm not a fan of that. And then they say the veil between the living and the dead the thinnest where we can maybe reach out and have communicate with relatives and friends or maybe roaming spirits that are out there, and the Celts would light bonfires and where outfits that were disguising themselves and carved turnips because who doesn't love some turnips, which, by the way, it didn't start with pumpkins. It started with a turnip, which seems to me it'd be a lot harder to carve a turnip than it would be to carve a pumpkin.
Speaker 4: But I like both.
Speaker 1: I can eat both, not necessarily a turnip pie, but a whole thing altogether. There and they still celebrate obviously Halloween and Ireland costume parties on it. Houses, fire, they do fireworks. We'd like to blow stuff up. Fireworks would be good to go along with that. Here all Saints Day and All Souls Day. It is the sort of a scary, spooky season, if you will, in Peru, with a bunch of traditions that fall along religious lines. That's the first day of November, so that'll be tomorrow All Souls Day, November all nice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I got a ticket.
Speaker 1: Families go to cemeteries in Perua honoring the loved ones, relatives, friends. They bring food and drink and good music. They clean up and decorate the graves, show them some love, respect, clean them up. Some people actually stay overnight in the cemeteries to keep their loved ones company. I don't see a lot of people doing that here in the States. I had a friend and she'd like to go sometimes grab lunch, you know, Spring Grove. I was at Woodlawn, I think up in Dayton. We did it there too, and would tour around and she loved to take pictures like an old cemeteries and stuff, which kind of was kind of a little on the creepy side to me. But she got into a big time and a lot of people do, but she never wanted to to sort of stay over. I don't know if they'd allow that. Maybe a private cemetery, which when I lived in Preble County, there are a lot of places in the country, in the boondocks, in the sticks, call it what you want, that actually have little teeny baby cemeteries here or there, little Quaker cemeteries, little community cemeteries, and if you walk through there's maybe maybe not tonight, but when you do and you take a look around, you'll often see when like different sicknesses would blow through a region because you'll see like mass graves, I mean mass numbers of graves. I don't mean like a mass grave flow with mass bodies.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I haven't done any like excavation in that situation or exhumation. But what you would see is that you know, oh, the flu was really bad this year, or you know there was other types of sickness that may have come through, because you'll see like huge populations in these cemeteries in a certain window of time over one winter or another it was a harsh winter and people froze or starved or something along those lines as well, which can be kind of tough. You know, that's not one of those things we think of here in relation to that. In general, in Germany hide the knives and this is really apparently in the last couple of decades started to pick up again. That's a November first kind of thing with All Saints Day and one of the most unusual or strange things in hiding the knives in the house.
Speaker 4: People in Germany.
Speaker 1: Germans tend to believe that aler Heigen are all Saint's Day, the spirits of the dead return, leaving knives out for them. Could accidentally hurt them in some fashion. I guess they can't hide from sharp objects in drawers or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So to avoid any mishaps, any accidents, any catastrophe with the I guess the spirit world, they take all the sharp objects and they hide them away someplace safe for the benefit apparently of the undead more than the living. And they say it's also a practical way to keep your ancestors and yourself safe from any mishaps of the super natural five point three seven four eight hundred The Big One. Curious about unusual or strange activities that you may have encountered in your travels or in general. A lot of costume parties. Maybe this weekend, I would imagine all the trick or treating is done. Are you checking the kid's bags for you know, safe food products. When I was a kid coming up in the eighties, early eighties and late seventies, I can remember my mom and I think a lot of it was just to steal the good candy, though she denies it. She was like, you have to watch the news. They were talking about people and they would have, you know, razor blades that it would be at a like an apple or they'd hide them in other food products, and she would like and no kid really wanted to get apples or pears. You'd see people occasionally, maybe they ran out of candy. You'd always see that one person. My neighbor across the street, my buddy Mike earlier today, he's telling me because he's got these one mechanical like skeleton and then another one lounging on a chair on the front porch, was I don't know if I want to deal with the kids. I got the game on. I'm like, okay, what are you gonna do? He goes, I'm just going to put a big bowl out, I said. The first group of kids will see the big bowl filled with candy, and that will be the end of your big bowl of candy. He goes, you think, so, I go, yeah, probably, And that's how it would happen. You'd always show up and there'd be an empty bowl because you knew that other kids had gotten there beforehand, or maybe they were polite and just did one thing at a time.
Speaker 4: What have you dealt with?
Speaker 1: Have you gone through and gotten good candy and staying topical and timely with the news. I'm curious if anybody came across because the big fear was just some of the people out there that somehow legal hemp packaged looking like candy would end up in kids beggars or trick or treating bags.
Speaker 4: I hope to God that's not the case.
Speaker 1: Some parents might be happy if they came across it for themselves, but you certainly don't want kids ingesting it, so you might want to keep an eye out and look for that as well. Five point three for ninety seven thousand, eight hundred The Big One. Tell me about your Halloween, uh and the candy and all the stuff that goes with it. We get the cleaves Chuck first room for you as well as e J all before the break, and we'll talk to Charlie Goldsmith from Charlie's Chalkboard about Bengals Bears coming up as well. Chuck, appreciate your holding her with Sterling on the Big One.
Speaker 4: Happy Halloween, Happy Halloween. What's going on?
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 7: I went to I went to a Halloween party one night. I seen a sexy nurse costume.
Speaker 4: I'm a fan.
Speaker 7: I gave her a bag. I gave her a bag for Hershey kisses and a bit of honey.
Speaker 4: Hey, that seems to be about the right way. Yes, that's the right way to Did she smatch you?
Speaker 1: That's the best, and that wasn't necessarily probably all bad either, I'm guessing now, did you know the nurse?
Speaker 4: Or wasn't a new friend?
Speaker 7: No, it was it was somebody at a party.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just just just somebody else at the party. I got you. Do you do any trick or treating?
Speaker 7: I mean, who doesn't like hershey kisses and bit of honey?
Speaker 1: Everybody does? Everybody does. I would imagine that's for sure, Chuck. I appreciate the call. Man, you got any other Halloween stories?
Speaker 3: Or is that it?
Speaker 7: I'm good man?
Speaker 1: All right, Well I am too. I appreciate the call, and thank you for listening. I always like to ask, I'm told occasionally I get a premature click finger on hanging up on people. I don't mean to do it, it's just a it's just one of those things.
Speaker 10: EJ.
Speaker 4: What's going on. How's your Halloween?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Pretty good?
Speaker 10: I'm going to hand out candy tomorrow night. Well I got a weird story. Yeah you're from Purple County.
Speaker 4: I've spent a few years there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Well I got a weird one.
Speaker 10: We lived at the house on Wolf Road in West Delic's and uh, once in a while I would hear like a ball in the attic, kind of like bouncing. Oh, and uh, you know, yeah, years later or not years later. Uh, people live next door, friends of mine. We'd said, you know, in our front porch, drink of beer whatever, and he claimed it is there. His wife claimed to hit him in the hit her in the back of the head with a ball.
Speaker 3: Oo.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And then a s story long. One night, I was worsing clothes.
Speaker 6: We had a dog.
Speaker 10: My girlfriend bought a ball and it was in the house somewhere, and I was walking around and there was a ball there and the opening where there was nobody in the house. But anyway, that's that's kind of a weird story.
Speaker 4: That's all right.
Speaker 1: So you had somebody with an encounter. Have you had any other encounters with something strange like that? It was It's one of those things. He's a kid growing up, you'd hear stuff in the basement or whatever, and parents or grandparents would tell you like crazy stories, and I could I always wonder were they just messing with us or were there really experiences that they had that they were sharing.
Speaker 10: No, there was nobody there, and that was fucks creepy. The guy that lit next door told me the story of him his wife or girlfriend whatever hitting him in.
Speaker 4: The back of the head with a ball right right, And I didn't.
Speaker 10: I didn't. I didn't like put two or two together, is what I want to say.
Speaker 4: I understand it, but I go to bed.
Speaker 10: We lived right next door, and I go to bed every night. I'd hear like a bouncing in the attic. I even got a ladder up there one night and looked around with a flashlight. There's nothing up here?
Speaker 7: What a bird? A posa?
Speaker 6: Okay, what's going on here?
Speaker 5: Huh?
Speaker 10: And then and I kept hearing. I mean, i'd say, for like, I don't know. It wasn't a off for like a month or a week or whatever.
Speaker 7: And we did have a doll.
Speaker 10: Me and my girlfriend had a dog, and then she bought it this little blue ball. Nobody was there that night. It's like midnight. I'm working my clothes and I come walking from the working machine through like an opening in the door. I mean, you know where you're catching in your living area.
Speaker 11: And nobody was there.
Speaker 10: Doors or lock dogs outside changed up.
Speaker 3: She wasn't there.
Speaker 10: And I come walking through one night to get my clothes after taking a shower, and this blue ball is laying right there. There was nothing in there to move it, no no wind.
Speaker 1: Well, something wanted to play, Something wanted to play with you. Jas See that's unerving. I mean, just thinking about that, it just reminds me of my buddy's house, like I mentioned earlier, when he was moving in, and he never had a problem after he moved in. I guess it was just checking out the spirit, like who was coming in next, and maybe you just had a spirit that wanted to play a j I appreciate the call. Quick break, we'll come back, We'll talk who day Bengals Bears and hopefully not a scary Sunday here on the home of the best Bengals coverage seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Aallcord like some stats.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW was Stirling, Bengals hosting the Bears Sunday. Flacco, let's start there, how is mister Flacco and the shoulder which would have kept a normal man down? But reading you today which by a great piece on background Joe Flacco by the way, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Flacco seemed like his Thursday practice went well, didn't throw on Friday in practice, there's a way to give it some extra rests, but feels pretty.
Speaker 3: Solid about where he's at in terms.
Speaker 11: Of being able to give it a go on Sunday. But then there's always the question of, you know, how does he wake up, how does he respond to the first hit? How does he respond when you're on throw fifteen, twenty twenty five. That creates a lot of uncertainty and it's an ultimate wolf See situation in terms of how Flacco looks and what he's able to do.
Speaker 1: Talking to Charlie Goldsmith Charlie's chalkboard on sub stack with Sterling on the Big one Bears Bengals Sunday. You know, this is a tricky thing. We've seen what Flacco can do, you know, for driving down seventy one in a handful of days. You know, if he first half decent second half, he gets a second win. You know, now the injury Jake Browning through all of this was the guy who didn't get it done when he got a shot after Burrow's toe and he's still in there as the number two in this situation.
Speaker 4: How is his mindset?
Speaker 1: What have you encountered and talked to him about this because I mean, he's certainly focused on doing the work, but that's a tough spot to be and prepared now with a chance to get in there if Joe's shoulders bad.
Speaker 11: I think it's been good for him to get a chance to reset. He kind of needed that and he's done everything right. He's helped flacle A out behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: But ultimately, you know, you never really know until you're right back in it.
Speaker 11: Until you're right back in that fire, it's hard to kind of get that confidence back just on scout team reps.
Speaker 3: So you know he's on the team for a reason.
Speaker 11: I really believe that the Bengals like what he's about now he's approached it, but it would be another Wolsey situation in terms of what you would expect from Brown and considering how it looked the first time.
Speaker 1: Does that mean that they've tuned up Sean Clifford? Is he still the number three in this situation?
Speaker 3: Clifford will be the number three.
Speaker 11: They signed him to the roster on on Fridays, you'll technically be inact but he'll be available the emergency third quarterback due to the.
Speaker 5: They have in the league.
Speaker 4: You're doing all right?
Speaker 5: Sound man?
Speaker 1: You sounds like you got a little bit of the creeping crud, which is not good, but a Halloween weekend worth. I hope you're doing all right. It is this team, we've seen some growth every year. That's the case through a season where you see guys get danged up, next guy up steps in hopefully gets it done with, you know, adjustments to teams you're playing as well as you know, just growth as a group, whether it's the offensive line, the defensive line in the situation, we've seen them give the Flacco more time and work around his skill set.
Speaker 5: What are they?
Speaker 1: How are they growing in your eyes as you see this and as you talk to them moving ahead with the Bear Sunday.
Speaker 11: Well, defensively, they've gotten younger, you know, especially with bart Carter and there at linebacker, with from our Stewart getting more playing time, and you see, like you know, they keep calling them technical mistakes, you know, a mistackle here, an assignment there. Ideally those guys keep developing and and learn from new situations and new types of experiences. But that's just the type of process that has to happen for a defense that's so young.
Speaker 1: As we look at this right now, are you surprised in the AFC North with what this Bengals team has already endured and still where they are in the scheme of things that they're really not in the worst case scenario circumstance, although we got questions of quarterback and all the usual stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, their competitive somehow.
Speaker 11: I think the big surprise is how bad the Ravens were kind of up into the last two weeks as they've wiggled their way back into this race. But the Steelers have been about what I expected. The Browns have been about what I expected. It's just the Ravens had this collapse on defense and then the quarterback got hurt, and whether or not they can kind of rebound.
Speaker 3: Now was one of the biggest stories in the league.
Speaker 11: But you know that we're talking about that with the Ravens, a team that's tied in the record, you know, standings with the Bengals.
Speaker 5: So that's the sign of the Bengals.
Speaker 3: Truly haven't a shot now.
Speaker 11: They have a lot they need to justify and get better and right the Ravens just got healthier and that was a path for them to get back in the race.
Speaker 3: The Bengals have some harder questions to answer.
Speaker 1: It's a three and five Bengals team, it's a four and three Bears team. How good is this Bears team? Because I mean, you know, they're in a different world in the NFC and what they have to navigate doing what they do there in.
Speaker 3: The middle of the pack. Definitely talent. They've invested a lot in the front.
Speaker 11: They have good experience, it's safety, some very talented corners, but.
Speaker 3: They've been injury riddled there. And then a lot of talent.
Speaker 11: They've invested in a receiver as well as one of the most talented quarterbacks in the league. And Caleb Williams, he.
Speaker 3: Just hasn't put it together.
Speaker 11: So it's a team that's a bit of a mystery box that you know, one day can be one thing and another.
Speaker 3: Day to another.
Speaker 11: And which Bears team shows up is going to be a big part of the storyline of what happens on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Charlie's chalkboard, you can find a sub stack with Sterling on the big one. Now, Charlie, this a Bears team running back situation. They look like they're a little thin there. This defense coming up. How bad does that running game being thin there for the Bears stress them out with the throwing game. Facing a Bengals defense, as they already think, they'll.
Speaker 11: Probably stick to their plan. You know, every team has injuries. Every team also schemes specific things up to counteract and go up against strengths and weaknesses of who their opponent's going to be.
Speaker 3: So even though the Bears running backs hurt.
Speaker 11: Honestly, I think they'll just kind of try to stick to what they do and kind of challenge a Bengals defense that hasn't done a ton.
Speaker 1: On the other side, Bengals, we've seen the running game step up last couple of weeks Chase Brown and company. We've seen with Flacco also finding that in between passing game, which opens up the long game with those long bombs and so forth. The offense developing in that mode. I mean, they are still bewilderingly strong weaponry wise. On the offensive side of the football. It's got to be an enormous challenge for any defense, whether they come into pay Corps. This Bengals team hits the road.
Speaker 7: We've seen that.
Speaker 11: We've even seen this offensive line really start to stabilize and play well at a lot of spots and in a lot of moments over the last couple of weeks in the run game has taking a big weight off everybody's shoulders. And then the run games complemented the past game, and the pass game has set up.
Speaker 3: Other opportunities to run the ball. So it's all said together really well. The offense has been.
Speaker 11: Playing great ever since the second half in Green Bay in Flacco's first game, and that's something the Bengals are genuinely optimistic about.
Speaker 4: This is a good spot.
Speaker 1: If Flacco can get through this without making that shoulder worse, this team can maybe handle the Bears. Then they got a bye week to help him get healthy before they start getting back at it. In the midst of that thought process or anything else, what have I not asked, Charlie.
Speaker 7: That's about it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 11: It's just another big game for a Bengals team that's been alive in the Ante North because of some of the situations around them. But at some point you just got to win.
Speaker 1: There you go, good reading, It shows up in your mailbox and you can catch him here, there and everywhere else. He's all over Charlie Goldsmith Charlie's chalkboard on the sub stack. It's Sterling coming back talking well more Halloween and stuff. Seven hundred WLW must Songwriters of All Time actually four seasons and locked us with a great album and also words of wisdom before his passion because he knew he'd been sick for some time. By the way, he said, enjoy every sandwich, which I tried to startling.
Speaker 4: Seven hundred w l W. I wolf for the Chinese menu in his hand. Glad You're long.
Speaker 1: Halloween night, were wolves and vampires, lots of different sort of spooky Halloween songs, all kinds of different ones, fun ones, scary ones. I remember I got a I think it was from a bowl like a cereal box. At one point there was a floppy, flexible like sheet of vinyl that I was able to put on my play store or playschool record player.
Speaker 4: That was the Monster Mash.
Speaker 1: And then a few years later I was old enough and I remember riding my bike down this is in Dayton was a second time around at the time record store and I got like some of my first records from there, and also Peaches at the time it was a kiss a live record, uh. And then also I think uh it was a Chik's lafreaka I think if I'm not mistaken too so, even early on, a very diverse and bipolar sort of a set of favorites in good music five point three, seven hundred, the Big One. I'm kind of curious. How's your Halloween going? Have you had an interaction with an entity? A spirit, a haunted house, haunted ghost, haunted car. I've had a few cars, especially as a kid, that seemed like they were haunted or at least sick and broken a lot of the time.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm also at Sterling Radio one X or what used to be called Twitter as well. Give you a chance to get an interactive too. Let me just mention this real.
Speaker 4: Quick, because this is this is wild.
Speaker 1: There is a major so called they call him a popular candy distributor. So there's a company that distributes lots and lots of candy all over the place. Just file for bankruptcy. Ironically, just here a Halloween week, which is pretty wild in a candy warehouse is what it's called. My mother even texted him, you goes, so maybe you can get a good deal. I guess she's looking for a clearance or knocked down candy prices. Depending on what goes. I would think you'd wait till after Halloween, but you know, you gotta do what you gotta do. I guess when it comes to getting your business right. They've been around for twenty seven twenty eight years, which is pretty big. They sell bulk candies, but apparently having a hard time selling enough of them. I don't know if people are taking better care of their teeth or just many options. It used to be the corner store. And then when I remember going to a Kroger at one point when I was a kid, and they had the bulk candies so you could do it by weight. And then when I worked in the grocery store for a while at Grocery Bar, and you'd see people come in not even Halloween time, and you'd see people grays in the bulk food candy section. They just grab handfuls of candy. I'm like fifteen, sixteen years old working and I remember the assistant manager goes sterling, you should talk to them about I'm going to interfere with somebody who's boosting candy out of the bulk food section and what get beat down by a can of salmon or something. I don't think so let's think get Jeffrey here first, and Joe and room for you on a Halloween Sterling, Jeffrey, you're on the big one seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: What's going on, hey, Starling?
Speaker 5: How you doing? My man?
Speaker 4: I'm all right, appreciate you being here. What's up?
Speaker 5: So it's kind of it's kind of crazy. So my wife was saying, hey, you got you gotta get on you gotta get on here because he's talking about ghost stories and we live in wonderful glend, Ohio. Yeah, and kind of it seems like sometimes the capital right, But so I kind of wanted to start with this story a long time ago when we first moved and we've been here for almost golly eight thirty years and I and I called in. It was probably a year and we lived here and billbo Shar's late at night. We used to tracing my wife and I we used to just kind of be working in the house.
Speaker 4: Sure, he used to do Saturday nights. I used to love billbo Shar.
Speaker 7: Yes.
Speaker 12: Oh, And so it was this night that we were we were having some things happened happening in our home and things that we couldn't explain, things like we you know, we have you know, we always kind of kept to the history of the home with old patrolas and things like that, and you know.
Speaker 5: Things like that, with little things bumps in the night. We would hear, uh, we sometimes hear music playing. Would be like, I can't understand where it's coming from.
Speaker 6: I said, I gotta call him.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna it's it's late. I'm gonna call Bill. I'm gonna like, hey, get you know, and tell them some of the stories. He said, Jeff, here's what you need to do. You need to get just an old camera and just you know, start putting on a slow shutter and start taking pictures and then you know, call you got to call it back. Let me do if you if you see orbs in these pictures, and sure enough we get and developed. You know, this is you know, weeks later, and you can literally see these orbs kind of just we have like a half sparrow sty staircase that goes up to this front room, and sure enough you could see like these orbs, like there was like three orbers.
Speaker 6: You could just very you could just.
Speaker 5: Almost play the day and you can see him just kind of hovering over the top part of the staircase, almost like something was looking down, so kind of fast forwarding as we moved as we you know, living here. And don't get me wrong, you know, I'm working at the village tavern, coming home late at night, bumping the grinding, working there, coming home and hearing and seeing things at three o'clock in the morning. As they say that's when things happen. I've seen a lot. I've actually seen a lot to a point where you know, I've had, you know, previous owners call me and and things that they would give us from previous owners, things like I just all throw this one quick one out there before I kind of before, but it's just the previous people that lived here. The woman was an artist and she had done a bust up her uncle who was the original owner. And this guy calls me out to nobody, says, hey, I got some art, you know, some factored things from the house back in the day.
Speaker 10: And it was kind of weird as I got some of this stuff.
Speaker 5: And I had done a bust of myself for my mom that when she had passed, I put it on my shelf and it was crazy. And this is kind of when all this really kind of started came to a head to where I would come home and my bus because we put we put this other bus of this the original owner kind of like next to a shelf down. I come home every dayn my trace, What is going on? She'd be like nothing. What I said, my head is turned sideways.
Speaker 10: I'm like, I was like what.
Speaker 5: And I was like, okay, next day, same thing.
Speaker 1: What what what were you looking the bust? What what is it looking at when it's turned sideways?
Speaker 5: It's just turned sideways. So like I you know, you have it on a bookshelf and it would be in our living room and you know, as I'm watching television, i would go in to watch televison, I'm thinking, why is my bus kind of turned sideways?
Speaker 6: This is just really odd?
Speaker 5: And the other bus was down on the bottom shelf and it was it was fine. It never no, it was none. But I mean for all that, for this, every time I come home, I go sit down, like it's jarred again.
Speaker 4: Have you heard it move or just seen it after it's moved, Just.
Speaker 5: Just after it's moved, right, like thinking that somebody's coming and click, you know, I'm thinking, yes, somebody's cleaning. He's like, no, no, sure enough. I'm like, I've had enough. So you know, historically wise, we we had a little place we call the train room. I'm like, your head's going in the training room. Man, I'm like, so I moved it. You know, we put in the train room, and it never happened again, never happened again.
Speaker 4: How about that? Well maybe it was wasn't it was wanting to go to the train room.
Speaker 5: I think it was. I think it had had enough of me and I had enough of it, and so I I I moved them.
Speaker 4: I moved them on.
Speaker 1: Well, at least it wasn't aggressive and like vindictive like a poltergeist or some type of thing where it would like randomly fall up and bust a foot or I mean roll around like that creepy hand in the movies when we were kids.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 5: But I tell you I haven't gotten there yet. Oh no, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: We should.
Speaker 5: We're just kind of starting so to the point where as this thing started escalating to where we were having two where we have we have we had four dogs worth three dogs at that time we would come home to sometimes. I mean I think it was kind of mad. I mean, it would luck luck, our dogs and sometimes closets to one night we were to do a point where it was it would seem like I'd come home, you know, from the bar when I was working, and and you know, you'd be laying there and you would hear things like I would literally be like is it my imagination? And you would hear this go down the staircase kind of like we get, you know, from the from the beginning to where the dogs be. Like when I cleared his name was Malachi. He would always sleep on our bed. And literally one night just when this is the main been the main thing that happened is when he had gotten pushed off the bed and then I kind of lean over and then I swear I thought somebody. I literally thought I was somebody in my house.
Speaker 4: That's not good.
Speaker 5: And I said I've had enough to the point where I called a priest, and you know, I was like I'm going to have somebody, which I did. I had a priest him in kind of.
Speaker 9: You know, you know, do the whole thing.
Speaker 1: You know what, wait a minute, So for first clergy you call he is the priest, and the priest comes over and when you said, does this thing what what is the thing that he does.
Speaker 4: It's not an exorcism.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 4: What do they do? I don't know how this works.
Speaker 5: So he goes into each room and he has this holy water and he starts, you know, and he makes it. He kind of has this has us go with him, and he just said he blesses each room and he does the holy water and he he says that he says a certain verse and he you know, tells him to go. And and so we were literally we spent the time. So we literally had we went to each single room in our house and did.
Speaker 4: This and did it help?
Speaker 13: No?
Speaker 7: No, did not.
Speaker 4: And how did the priest did deplete priest believe you?
Speaker 1: Or do the priest seem like he was just sort of like trying to like just satisfy your ones and needs.
Speaker 13: That's a great question because you know that, you know, I'm thinking that because Nolan Glendale and I know Glendale is I think if you think of haunted places in our house was built in eighteen seventy five.
Speaker 5: The old Morgan Mortgage trace trail right through Sharon on Share Road, there's a lot of there's a lot of houses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just mine that's kind of why so what did did you do? And we're short on time. I'm kind of curious, Jeffrey. So you have this going on, the priest comes through, no luck with the priests. Subsequently you still have problems. You have yet to move.
Speaker 11: See what I mean?
Speaker 4: This has gone on long enough a lot of people would just been like, let's move.
Speaker 5: Yes, So here's that's all. I'm I'm gonna cut it. I know it's come to the end. So sure enough, there's a there's a group and uh that was working in Glendale and you could still they do haunted tours in like some of the local breweries here and there. They were. Yeah, and so they were in Glendale. I said, listen, I need you to come to my house. And uh so a day they came. Uh, they set up, they came in. They started wiring our house up for sound. And like I said, I not it short for time and and I think this is when we really found Okay, we've got something here, which to this day it doesn't really scare me, but to the to make this short, so they wired this.
Speaker 10: They wire our house up.
Speaker 5: Fully for sound. They tried to do cameras, they couldn't get any of the cameras to work, which I which was kind of crazy. But as they were setting up, they you know, these folks are great, and you know they they've done other things that other homes, and then there are certain things that they believe in different dementias and and things that that occur to where we found that what we were kind of having. Yes, I think there's a ghost that that we did see down I have it like an old cellar, which I'll get to that. But upstairs in our current I caught the portal in our front room.
Speaker 4: And if you have no control over what's coming through the Jeffrey.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: So we wired the room up and she's downstairs. She's like, Tracy, jeff I need you to come down here, and I want you to listen while they're up there. So my my at this time, my brother was kind of showing them in the front room. They had two people that going in there. Couldn't get any video. And I kid you that all you hear, all you do is hear them kind of yelled what they're yelling, and we're like, what's wrong, what's wrong? I hear one of the guys on the you know, of her computer going the doll just moved. I'm like, what what just okay? Now the dolls Now, I'm going what's going on? So as this starts to happen, this is so, this is what I was I could shut it down because we literally as these as they were talking, they were saying, we know you're here, we know you're here.
Speaker 6: Are you from here?
Speaker 5: And you see as their voices on the screen as the verberations of their vocal box is showing, right if you watch ghose, yeah, they show this right, you could see them talking. This thing goes no, just like I'm talking to you. He goes no, and you don't see any.
Speaker 3: Verberation from this voice, so you hear it.
Speaker 4: There's no wavelength and you don't see that nothing.
Speaker 5: So this voice was nobody in the room. So they're like, where are you from?
Speaker 7: What you know?
Speaker 5: Are you from?
Speaker 6: Where are you from?
Speaker 5: What time were you from and all? And this is when it ended. He goes I'm just passing.
Speaker 4: Through, so just looking for a place to stay. How long have you been there?
Speaker 1: And to the people, the people that you bought the house from, they didn't tell you that there was anything happening in the house. No, do you think that you think that it in when maybe in between your move or see that's These are the type of questions I would have. Did they know did they fail to disclose like lead paints or termites?
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't know. You know, there's a lot. I got a lot of questions, Jeffrey, that's me WoT you do? Thank you for sharing?
Speaker 1: So it's no problem since nothing since like it just passed through and then left after or is it just like you cook out and you share beers.
Speaker 5: I would say you could, you could do it if you're if I always we talked about to this day, if you if you're in that front room in front of the part of the house, you'll my dogs know it, like you'll know when it comes through. You don't know it just I kind of passes through, right But like I can tell you right now, we have like an old cellar that is under you have to open the floor to get to. We went down there and we and we don't know if it was part of during the days when they were said we I still think back then that hid slaves and things like.
Speaker 6: That in some of these houses.
Speaker 4: We thought that one of.
Speaker 5: One of the one of the there was a child, and as he's talking this, I could keep going. And that's the crazy thing, because I don't have enough time, and I know you've got to do other people. But I will tell you this, yes, that it was amazing to least open my because we've had a lot of things happened in.
Speaker 10: This house, from you know, coming down to the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Here in a big trace, even more than you've already told me. And what you've already told me is more than I'm not looking to bring experts into my house. I'm looking to sell what this type of stuff is going on.
Speaker 5: Well, and I think that's what we became.
Speaker 7: We came.
Speaker 5: You can be kind of become part of it. It doesn't now it's like I will say, like, we know, we know it's not gonna stay here, right, it's just coming through. Yeah. I mean my dogs might say, hey, bark, bark, bark, bark, I know you're there.
Speaker 1: See that's always unherving, even like I don't think there's anything in mind house, and I know at least one person has passed away there before. But my dog will randomly just like stare off into the distance, and I'm like, I don't know if he has Alzheimer's for dogs, or if he actually sees or hears something, I'm like, what are you talking about? And you hearing growl and there's nothing, and it's in the center of the house. It's not near outside exteror your wall, and I'm like, I don't need or want to hear anymore.
Speaker 4: This is very It could be. I appreciate that it could. I hope, not hope. No, if I don't show up.
Speaker 1: One day, you know, I don't want that. I don't want that all you man, I don't either. I'm glad you're here to tell the story. Thank you for sharing it. I appreciate it because a lot of times you mentioned this stuff, and Halloween maybe is the open door for it. But you mentioned this type of stiff for some people, and people get unnerved and they mock you and ridicule you and marginalize you. And I probably won't do that while you're on the phone.
Speaker 5: I always remember this, and I always say this to folks. I always tell this to anybody. Why do you wake up at three o'clock this when it always happens at least here my house.
Speaker 4: Usually you get to be a man of a certain age. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: You have a lot of water or coffee. You're like, well, maybe I ought to like back off, but or you got a ghost like Jeffery. Appreciate the call man, take care of yourself and happy Halloween. Hey, Joe, I don't want to be short. Can you do it in three minutes?
Speaker 4: Or do you want to wait?
Speaker 5: Huh hey, I'll wait.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well hang on, we'll come back and we'll get to Joe and Mark and room for others. Do you have a ghost story an interaction with some type of something.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions. I'm looking for answers and guidance and understanding. I'm also still wondering about the favorite candy I found. I don't think in my entire life where if I did. As a kid, I had it sort of like dark chocolate and hated it. I remember being in a situation where I like go to like a relative's house or something, or or maybe a Halloween and they'd have like the little miniatures, and they'd have like the dark chocolate and then like the almond chocolate, and I'm like our peanut chocolate.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I just want like a milk chocolate, and then at some point I embraced the dark chocolate. As I've got and older. I found heath Bar this year and I'm sure I probably had it, and it's like new to me, and I'm a big fan now all of a sudden, and it goes back to like the early twenties, early thirties, apparently the Heath Brothers Confection Company, and I have found I guess it's toffee or something and covered in chocolate, and it's one of the greatest things ever. I've had way more of those than I should have, and way too much coffee. So if I seem like I'm vibrating through your speakers or earbuds, or maybe on the podcast as you streaming on the iHeartRadio app, or you could leave a message by clicking the microphone. See I'm a professional. You see how I weave that in here? Yeah, I get things done on a Friday night, Mark Joe Others. More conversation about ghost tours in Cincinnati and a lot of ground to cover, all before midnight here where the bear Cats hit the well. They're playing the Utes out West primetime late for the West Coast with a ten thirty five, I think kickoff, yeah, if I'm not mistaken, And then you got the Bengals and the Bears Sunday afternoon here on seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 4: All right, mister Penney, I'm going to show you some images and you tell me what you see. Looks like a butterfly listening to the Scott's Loan show, and this one I.
Speaker 3: See a rocket ship.
Speaker 4: A rocket ship, yeah, lastingough for the planet Sloan I see. And this one that looks like a fish swimming in a mountain pond.
Speaker 7: Very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but a fish is angry because he's not listening to Scott Sloan. Scott Sloan, please listen responsibly.
Speaker 10: Join me, Scott Sloan, Monday morning at nine on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Might be best for us to discuss some strong medications. You know what your customers are doing.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: It was dramatic in Blue Jays fall to the Dodgers three to one double play ended at last, just a little bit ago after getting two to one in the bottom of the ninth trying to get a walk off or at least go to extras didn't work for the Bluebirds. Dodgers and Blue Jays Tomorrow game seven scheduled for an eight o'clock first pitch in Toronto.
Speaker 4: So there you oh and you see you get check that out.
Speaker 1: And then you got bear Cats on the road taking on the Utsa Utah Big twelve matchup. I think I was wrong earlier. It's a ten to fifteen kickoff. That's late, but a prime time for West coast markets. A lot of people bleary eyed checking that out. And I was talking to mister mc mannon off the air about this. I didn't even think about it. Dan Horde, who is like a madman, a marathon man, and just a consummate professional. He'll handle that game play by play tomorrow night, of course with Tony Pike, and I think Moegger is well doing his bit, and then they'll fly home and then he'll be up in time to handle the broadcast here on the Big One. And are on the Bengals Radio Network with Dave Lapham and Box Miller and company for one o'clock kickoff with the Bears in town at pay Corps before their bye week. So it should be interesting to see how that all comes together. My guess is probably drinking some caffeine. I would imagine hopefully, and I can never sleep on a plane very well, he hopes, maybe grab some sleep on the way home. I'd say, quickly, here, let's get Charlie on seven hundred wl W. Appreciate your patience and holding. What do you have with Sterling on a Halloween night on the big One.
Speaker 14: Yes, I'm a radio w LW junkie. I've been listening since eighty six. He's command Burbank Show three or four different time now at a different time. But I used to see stuff before it happened. My best one was seeing Ronald Reagan killed. No, and my wife, she worked at the State of Line, and she went and told everybody, you know, my husband seem run. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, but of course he was shot, and after so many years he was killed, he wasn't. They brought him.
Speaker 1: Back to life, right, So when did you start having these visions, Charlie, Because I mean, that's an unusual thing.
Speaker 14: I've had several, but that was the best one that you know, people knowed about, sure.
Speaker 1: And clearly also the best one to be because it ended up that he actually was not killed, though he did suffer and dealt with all well.
Speaker 14: He was killed but they brought him back to life the exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, that that's correct. So he did lose consciousness. Yes, he apparently did pass away briefly before they resuscitate him. I guess I'm brought him back. That's a pretty wild thing. No other visions like that of consequence.
Speaker 14: I mean or no, nothing that makes you know, nothing that anybody would.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 14: But you know several people this More than one. People said they'd see me and they say, you have an aura around you. I said, what I told, I don't know what you're talking about. That was one person, then another person. I think it happened three times. Didn't freak me out, but I see I can see staff that happens. That's not really significant, but I know it happens in them. But the Ronald Ragan was my best.
Speaker 1: No, I'd say, so let me know if you're doing that for the big, super fat, big dollar Lotto, at some point we'll have you back on the show. We can quietly have a vision and then collectively share the bounty if you're willing to do that. Because I am your radio friend, Charlie, I'm here for you.
Speaker 14: I've been I've been listening to LW since about eighty six, and I've I went to Mount Adams, I come in the big studio where you're at.
Speaker 3: Sure three times I think, how about that?
Speaker 14: I'm with the friend. I'm with the friend of Garry.
Speaker 4: He was a good man, he certainly was.
Speaker 1: He made sure he made sure I ate when I was doing afternoons at Channel Z and then later kiss You'd always holler at me to come down the hall early on when I was here sports or consequences and make sure I had some good foods, some ribs or whatever else before I went back up into my little room with the window into a hallway. And all these years later again a new building and everything. Charlie, I'm looking through a window into a hallway, so some things don't change. Appreciate you being a part of the show and listening. Straight away we'll have conversation with a guy who knows from haunts and scary stuff, and I don't know, maybe's vision two. Patrick Simmons, Cincinnati goes tour straight away here on seven hundred W LW