Speaker 1: Wolves fans join us January twenty eighth at the Rosemount Legion. It's a Michelov Ultra watch party with Cafanes Max Fuller seven thirty to nine thirty pm with trivia prizes and drink specials.
Speaker 2: On the details of Cafe dot Com. Keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Is supposed to be Pink Floyd. This is like a Pink Floyd ripoff bit. I would guess this is the Light Side of the Moon. Brilliant, what a great album, but guaranteed human right, I'm sure this is an actual band.
Speaker 2: It might be.
Speaker 1: I mean, we do have a library of a lot of I mean before this salt Ai stuff.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of this stuff here too.
Speaker 3: So one hundred percent we would never use Ai no ever.
Speaker 2: Timmy and Cris are debating something over there. Oh. I probably shouldn't have put the camera on there. Oh what are they doing?
Speaker 3: I don't think they know they're there, gesturing, going on some pretty graphic moves.
Speaker 2: Oh no, again, you know what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Nothing bad, nothing bad.
Speaker 5: You know what we're talking nothing bad?
Speaker 2: Well, then share with the class. We can guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah. No, you guys know we've talked about it this morning. Yeah, we were already talking about it, you know, we're talking.
Speaker 2: About oh got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, only I just yeah, I just saw some demonstration video. You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You needed a visual aid?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 5: The visual that I got was not the visual I was hoping for.
Speaker 2: The visual almost gave you aids.
Speaker 3: Well, well, well.
Speaker 2: We have your landman take quickly before you were escorted out.
Speaker 5: Yeah you don't like it, do you?
Speaker 2: That's so sad. No, I don't why I don't. Can I say something before? Yes? Please? Please?
Speaker 1: You have?
Speaker 4: Are you just seeing contrarian to be contrarian, to be the other side.
Speaker 2: There's no way that you don't like it.
Speaker 4: This would hit you right in between the eyes.
Speaker 2: I tell you, what if if this show, if this show was first and Yellowstone came later, I might be like everybody else like this is great, Like this is fun. Right. I'm so burnt out by the tailor shared and writing in over dramatics of every scene from Yellowstone, Like I couldn't wait for Yellowstone just to be over. I'm like there's a point where I'm like, not every scene has AK forty seven's on a ranch, Like that's just not that's not real life. Like it was fun. It was a fun watch in the beginning, and then I think it just got so ridiculous, and I got tired of the ridiculousness where you know, every piece of dialogue has to be just so smoky and dramatic. You know, it's like talk slower Tom later, you know. So it's it's I'm exhausted by him, And I thought when I watched the first three, I think I watched three episodes of Landman. I was trying to get into it, but then when they started, I know, this sounds like such an old man, This is such a dumb take, But I think it's just because it's because I am so exhausted by him. The sexualization of his high school daughter in like episode two or whatever three, I'm like, what are we doing here? Like she's supposed to be like sixteen or seventeen years old, and she's like a big focal point in the background, trapesing around in a bikini at the pool with this seventy year old assistant sitting at the kitchen table trying not to have thoughts and feelings about this sixteen year old. I'm like, what what are we doing? Like they're allowing the boyfriend to spend the night on the couch and like, I don't know, like does this really need to be part of this over drum Like get to the oil rigs blown up? That was kind of fun, right, that was cool. Billy Bob's amazing, Like his individual character and his performance is great. I'm just exhausted by Taylor's Sheridan. I think it's just a hard watch. There's so many unrealistic things, Like once you started to show how unrealistic his writing was in Yellowstone and then it carried over into Landman, I'm like, I'm out. I'm not putting up with this. My mom watched Dallas and all that stuff when she was grown up, and I'm like, this is just a modern version of Dallas and all of those late night dramatic TV shows. I'm like, this is a soap opera on steroids, and I'm not here for it. I never saw Yellowstone. Maybe that's why I like, you never saw Yellowstone? Never watch it?
Speaker 5: You you were my god, dude, you would, oh.
Speaker 6: My god, would.
Speaker 5: As a cowboy the next day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would move to a farm. You know you loved Yellowstone right when you saw it? You probably did. I loved it. Yeah. I feel about Landman right now. I'm like, this is the best. See I never saw Yellowstone, So I think if you if you get through land Man and it has the same arc that Yellowstone has. I think if you started watching yellow Stream, like I'm just watching the same show just in a different formsion. Yeah, yeah, okay, that makes sense. I could I can buy into that. That makes sense in my head. Big Balls, that makes a lot of sense for sure. As Big Balls. Well, I'll tell you that Ripper.
Speaker 4: What's his name, Billy Bob's character, Who's.
Speaker 2: Who's more of a badass? Oh? Rip? I see man, it's Rip really, so Billy Bob would be Kevin Costner if there was like ah, if there was, like are a comparison Billy Bob.
Speaker 5: It's like, I don't know that there's a difference between real life Billy Bob and the character he plays in Landman. That's true, you know, I don't know if you can separate the two. And I know that Taylor Shardan wrote the parts specifically for Billy Bob. But I will say this, I love both shows, but if I could, I would go in and edit out a lot of each episode that I don't need if you know what I mean. It's the same with the Yellowstone. There's a lot of things that happened that I was like, this is superfluous, getting back to beating people up with lamb man. It's like, this is superfluous. Get back to telling me you know what's going on with the oil and so I can I can agree with you on that. But that said, the Billy About character is one of my favorite characters ever on television. I love this this character, he's he's just a straight talker, and then you add in an old dude with the mustache this season, Eliott. It's so good and.
Speaker 4: I love that it feels like Friday Night Lights, like it's in the same it does.
Speaker 2: It's in the same town.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it feels like it feels like Mojo is going to go play on Friday Night.
Speaker 2: And you're like, I've still never seen that. I've seen the movie the TV show. I love a TV show. I have males. Friday Night Lights was beloved every Friday Night Lights. The movie like change my High School everybody. So I am too stubborn to even give the same the TV show a chance. I watch it million. Yeah, I don't want it.
Speaker 4: I don't want that to get tainted at all because that Booby Miles and everybody that changed my life.
Speaker 2: So I don't want to watch.
Speaker 4: No, it's yeah, no, I can't watch it.
Speaker 2: I can't everyone. Yeah, I've heard everybody loves it, and I get the response like that when people are like, you would have never watched Friday Night Lights to show my Crown. No, I've never watched it.
Speaker 1: One of the best TV shows of all time, that's what they say. It would not taint it at all. In fact, I think you would really like it. It's horrificad you probably love.
Speaker 2: Matt, Sarahs and Tommy. Come on now, who's Matt sarason ism Regan's Uh no, that's the quarterback Eric Taylor Instagram. Speaking of good looking.
Speaker 4: People, have you guys seen a Lordie and uh the previews of that with what's her name, Robbie?
Speaker 2: Have you seen that? Have you heard about that Wuthering Heights, right? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Have you heard like how she got so infatuated with him on set that she needed to be by him all the time.
Speaker 2: She said she was a code dependent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like she couldn't stand with Autumn like that.
Speaker 3: Doesn't she married. Yeah, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: And that's how good looking this lord he is? We know him. You know what I said about him last She said that about herself, like she had to be around him in an interview. Yeah, and she's married. He crushed her. I don't know him, think of that.
Speaker 5: But imagine if like Sess said that and Tommy be like, I agree, Yeah, this guy tom.
Speaker 4: But he is a studhorn just become best friends.
Speaker 5: You really should maybe go see him?
Speaker 2: Says yeah, finally have something in common. Fascinating. What's this lord Jacobi? He was in Yeah, and uh know Zach Zach. You don't think he's.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's hideous, but I don't think I don't I don't understand the infatuation with him, Like, okay, looking, he's good looking, but like it's not like the guy eleven out of ten that I think we talked about it last week, Like the generation gap is there's something about the next generation that really loves you.
Speaker 3: Ben ask Games because you know, Bailey is only a couple of years older than her. That whole generation that is, like the hard throb of their generation is Jacob Elordi.
Speaker 2: They were all obsessed with him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's he's he's up there for sure. I don't see why you couldn't. He's got great hair, forehead of a football helmet.
Speaker 7: Oh, Bill, Kurt, Noach, can I can I ask you a question that you could maybe redeem yourself from about eight years ago one through ten Eric's cetter home.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: Probably a say eight, Okay, saved.
Speaker 2: Look a look at him. My god, he's not looking at chi. He's more your type, clearly.
Speaker 4: No, it's no. I just you've called him a six in the past, and no, I.
Speaker 2: Know I think that was Dove.
Speaker 3: But he was little maintenance, so that gives you two extra points like an eight. It's been said on this show multiple times, or at least his hair waves multiple times, Tommy. But don't forget Zach also thinks Patrick Swayze's dead from the neck up. It's talking about Bodie the boat is off dead.
Speaker 2: From the neck. Understand Zach's type.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I've gotten a lot of people coming out of the woodwork and agreeing.
Speaker 4: With me in that about No, that's no.
Speaker 1: I think he's. Yeah, he's fine. But where Center Holmes yoga videos. I'm trying to find them.
Speaker 2: I got them. Nobody thinks you're kidding. Nobody thinks you're kitty.
Speaker 8: You've never done yoga to him though, definitely sweated Sticky.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Sticky, so we got to get this audio. I should have got this before the show. You're familiar with mad Dog Chris mad Dog Russo.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, there's a fifteen.
Speaker 3: Second clip that somebody posted yesterday. He calls the Denver quarterback Jared Stickham, and he isn't trying to be funny. He just mispronounced it and said stick him. So that's mad Dog. Mad Dog can't say it. So, yeah, you should feel better. Well, thank you. You didn't say stick them, you said Stedman Stidman. Yeah, he said stick them. That's way that's way off. So you and mad Dog are in the same club, Tommy and Ben and I are in the same club, the driveway club.
Speaker 2: Careful, Tommy, you like to do to ceter home? Stick them?
Speaker 4: Yeah, good luck tomorrow in the driveway club.
Speaker 2: By the way, guys, it's gonna be a big one for you, it's a big one for us. Do you want to get through it? Though? Do you want Ben and I to join your watching?
Speaker 3: Eric setter home yoga video club or you want to be on your own on that one.
Speaker 2: Yes, at least you guys.
Speaker 4: Okay, should we all film our mornings.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow when we're going to start our cars? Be able to feel my hands? How am I supposed to film anything?
Speaker 6: I know?
Speaker 2: But it'd be kind of fun, wouldn't it. Yeah, we all compare it. We can, we compare notes. We'll put it on Twitter. We should do it shirtless. Okay, you.
Speaker 3: Guys, all right, Sauce does sports after this on the fan fan.
Speaker 5: And by tom there you goes, how should more?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: You know we haven't talked sports much at all. You should do that? Should win? We look sports guys.
Speaker 2: Right, Sauce, here's your time to shine.
Speaker 5: Fan five on the Power Trip presented by All around your Timber Tech deck building.
Speaker 6: Can bye?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 8: The Minnesota Vikings announced yesterday they will be bringing back Brian Flores as long as he doesn't get a head coaching job, so he will not be making a lateral move. We'll probably talk more about it in Vikings news, but Ben your quick thoughts.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a great first step and again we'll have to wait till after the whole football season until you know, if the Rams get beat this weekend against Seattle, then I think the floodgates will open because there's a lot of assistants that are on some head coaching dockets, and these teams are waiting for them to get done so they can have actual in person interviews with them instead as zoom calls. So I think once those dominoes start to fall, we'll have a better understanding if he's going to be our decordinator, if he's going to be moved on into the next phase of the head coaching search.
Speaker 8: Sweet the Wolves battle the Bulls tonight at seven o'clock at the Target Center. Your Wolves have lost three straight, but Max, so they are nine and a half point favorites tonight.
Speaker 2: They're talking about something else. So, yeah, we're.
Speaker 5: Discussing the show. I'm sorry what we're saying.
Speaker 8: Oh about the Wolves battle out of bulls. What we're talking about.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: We should have our mics because we were talking about the bulls.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm super excited about the Bulls. I had to tell them Michael Jordan's not playing.
Speaker 5: I had no idea, he said. Dwight Pippen wasn't either.
Speaker 8: It's been a couple of years got from the office. Yep, Dwight Max. So your thoughts, Yeah, Wellves.
Speaker 2: It's been it's been a little a little rough for them lately.
Speaker 6: Uh, that game against the Jazz the other night was a burutal. I mean, it's not one of the worst losses of the season, but still you want to you want to get your your ass together against a team like the Utah Jazz, especially in a tightly knit Western Conference, because now what it was like a week ago. I was just telling you guys, they were what half a game, game and a half out of being the second seed, and now I believe last time I checked, their the seventh seed in the Western Conference. And if the playoffs started today, which luckily they don't, they'd be in the play in And obviously we can check the standings every day. It's going to be people are going to be Joscelyn for playoff position and untill the eighty second game of the season.
Speaker 2: That's just how the Western Conference is.
Speaker 6: But you gotta stack wins against the Utah Jazzes of the world or the Chicago Bulls of the world, who were really hot to start the season. Kind of like the surprise team of the first two weeks and then promptly came right back down to earth. So Anthony Edwards, I mean, he's been unstoppable lately. Offensively, he's just he's just taking his game to another level. He pretty much is liable to drop forty thirty five plus a night. He's pretty much unstoppable, thanks man. And so I think they got to they gotta get a win here because they've lost what three in a row, and that's that Jazz game was pretty brutal.
Speaker 8: How about this Mike Conley in that losing streak of three games, he has scored six points.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah, here's the nation to the Timberwolves.
Speaker 2: Be a better team. I mean, yeah, the nation's right for once.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they got an I mean, I don't even know what you do with Mike Conley.
Speaker 6: But it's over for Mike com Yeah, they need to before this trade deadline, they're probably going to be looking at the point guard situation and definitely need to be looking at the backup center situation because once when Rudy's not playing, this team is pretty abysmal defensively, so but there, I mean offensively, they're they're they're up there. They their top ten team in pretty much most categories. They they just have to put it all together at the right time, and they were winning against the Jazz. They just had a giant fourth quarter collapse and let Kyante George who scored forty something points. So it's just, yeah, it was a disaster, but hopefully get back on the on the bandwagon here against the Bulls.
Speaker 8: The Wild host the Red Wings tonight at six thirty. In that game could be heard on the fan. The Wild are twenty.
Speaker 2: Eight eight thirty. Oh exact.
Speaker 8: I haven't had eight thirty written down, but you said six thirty. Yeah. Man, I actually had so much faith in you have nowhere near the button hanging, and I thought you were to do.
Speaker 2: It, that you can do it.
Speaker 8: The Wild are twenty eight, nineteen and nine, but the Red Wings are thirty one, sixteen and four.
Speaker 3: Yeture I think the Wild they're twenty eight fourteen to nine.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead and sack party.
Speaker 1: It's all good. It's all good, it's all It doesn't really matter in the end. Everybody's I'm trying to just maintain pace here in a very very competitive paradis Is that a word?
Speaker 2: What the hell is that? A lot of parody, paradis paradise, but I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Greek ancestor very paradis league. Right now in the NHL, everybody's going up and down. The teams that were bad are now all of a sudden good, Some good teams are all of a sudden bad. Wild coming off of a very successful road trip, could have been a little bit more, but sure, why not. You know, we'll always regret Montreal a little bit. But regardless, home four game homestand starts tonight, very on the fan. It's a very good Red Wings team that is surging as of late, so hopefully they can get the job done and then get into Hockey Day and by the way, Hockey Day tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Still on Iowa Wild, Milwaukee Admirals Parker.
Speaker 1: Fox and I we join in progress at six o'clock right here in the fan's cool.
Speaker 2: There is no single word.
Speaker 3: This is, according to AI, no single word commonly used that means a large amount of parody.
Speaker 2: A high concentration of.
Speaker 3: Or volume of parody would be an avalanche of parody, a flood of parody, a barrage of parody. But there is no singular word like paradis.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure I'd use any of those other descriptive words for parody, either an avalanche of.
Speaker 5: Let's go ahead and just use paradis. That's good, let's start it, let's do it. Good job. That should be a state Fair T shirt.
Speaker 1: So you believe the NHL is very paradis, very paradise, It was very and look at the NBA. Look at the playoffs standings right now, and I mean it's the difference between them and Max. Right It's like a couple of games here and there.
Speaker 6: The Wolves going on a three game losing streak, and now they were in the plane and they were you know, if they had gone on a three game winning streak, they'd be the second seed.
Speaker 1: Possibly, has there been a more paradis season in the NBA definition?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 8: The NFL Final Four is set, and this all goes down on Sunday when the Pats are at Denver at two pm. The Pats, though, are a four and a half point favorite because Jarrett Stidham is starting for the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Ben your thoughts. Here's the funny thing is, I'm I'm actually surprised that Stidham hasn't had a better NFL career. I was a big fan of his when he was in Baylor. I heard a lot about him coming out of college. I think he was a four or five star and our briles like hands selected him to come into that that offense in which we all, I mean, I think we respect is you know, maybe not some of his techniques. Obviously he's not in the in college football anymore, but there was a time in that moment where he was sort of like this guru that was was really being applauded for his talent evaluation. So point being said, I thought that he has like all the makeup to be a great quarterback or a good quarterback in the NFL and just hasn't materialized. We're here in all this inflation of how he can run this offense and his connection to that offense, and he's been doing it, and he looks great, and he has all the confidence of Sean Payton and all these other all this other stuff that's like, yes, you want to hear all that going to in a huge game like this. I just don't see how he's going to take his first real snaps in two years against this style of defense. The Patriots defense is after you know, certainly watching it firsthand last week. I mean, they are in they are as aggressive as Brian Flores is blitzing everybody, and I just don't see him having success. It's and the thing is, it's not fair to him. I mean, this is a really tough spot to come into, but I think throughout the four quarters, the defenses is going to give them too many fits. I don't see them scoring in like really any points. I don't see them moving the ball that well for a lot of things. I just said, because of all the all the blitzing, all that, the interior play of the Patriots defensive line is going to eat their lunch. So I think this is a Patriots win by at least ten, maybe you know more than that. So I would definitely take the Patriots, right.
Speaker 5: I can I ask you a question about last week's game real quick?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 5: Can you explain to me why that was an interception and not a catch.
Speaker 2: Because he left their ground? It's a it's a pretty The thing is, I don't understand the I really.
Speaker 5: Don't about the same play I'm talking about in the Denver Broncos game.
Speaker 2: Were cooks. Yeah, Yeah, that's it because he left the ground because to me, I don't know why there's such a big debate.
Speaker 5: Interesting because I am Actually it seemed to me like he caught the ball and he landed on his back and then the guy took the ball away.
Speaker 2: So this is my interpretation of the law that i've that I thought has been around ever since we decided we have to talk about what's a catch not a catch any the way I The way I understand it is, anytime a player leaves the ground to make a catch, you have to survive the ground in the process of surviving the ground for to be a catch. If if that ball was caught in stride, he takes a step or two and goes down to the ground with the with the defensive player contacting him, they go down to the ground, tumble like they did same movements, ball comes out. That's a catch, that's not an interception. The second a player leaves the ground, you have to survive the ground. So he didn't survive the ground, Okay, So like if that ball is not underthrown and he didn't have to like go up and make and make a chesty catch in the air, then then we're not talking about that. But because the ball was slightly underthrown, he had to make an adjustment. He leapt off the ground. You got to survive the ground. Sorry, that's that's the law.
Speaker 5: That is the first explanation I've heard of that, And maybe its because I haven't looked deep enough, but nobody's explained it to.
Speaker 8: Me like that.
Speaker 5: Really, the letter of the law tells me, then, that that is an interception, because reality, reason tells me that's not an interception. But the law the penalty. That's okay, got it?
Speaker 2: I hate it, Yeah, I don't like it, but that's the interpretation of the rule.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's perfect. That's what I needed to know.
Speaker 3: I do believe that Sean McDermott was right, though, and he should have thrown a bigger fit in the moment. One of his points in the postgame press conference was, even if you want to say it was an interception, he was surprised the NFL didn't slow the game down and take a much deeper look at to play. That was going to mean the game, right, if that's a catch, the Bills are overwhelmingly likely winning the game. So this is for everything. And his point was, what was it twenty seconds? Let's go on, Yeah, He's like, how do you not stop the game and make sure that that call is correct and look at it. We've seen plays that are much more insignificant take way longer than that. That was a super tight play and you look at it more than twenty seconds, I think, go.
Speaker 2: On, because I think the officials in New York said, I think it was pretty clear cut. It wasn't a frame by frame did he leave the ground? He leapt off the ground. That is obvious. That's open and obvious. So the result is exactly what happened. He did not survive the ground. So that's an interception.
Speaker 5: And going back to Klosterman's book about football, which we were talking about the first segment and if you heard it or not, Ben, but Chuck.
Speaker 2: Clusterman, Yeah, yeah, I'm excited to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's exciting one of the things. And I think this is actually a perfect example of what he's talking about. One of the reasons that we love football so much is because there are rules, and you there's chaos, but within the rules, there's chaos. And the problem with that play and so many plays, is that the rules change so often and sometimes the rules make no sense reasonably that that's when America football fandom gets angry because common sense doesn't play within the rules, if you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Yes, I agree. And the thing is it is maddening because I think the NFL is overltigious, Like there's way too many rules and stuff like that, which is why a lot of Europeans and people around the world don't like foot the American football because there's too many rules, Like every.
Speaker 5: Try to explain it to somebody who doesn't understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's impossible. It's impossible. You just have to grow up, like absorbing it through osmosis and just like repetition of watching the game. What the bigger problem that I have was the past interference call that got them down to kick the game winning field goal. I think that has to be completely overhauled and that and that is past interference is so subjective. You know, there is the rule and then there is the personal subjectivity of the actual official throwing the flag. I think anytime a ball is underthrown, if the ball is underthrown and the receiver has to stop his forward momentum to come back to the football and there's contact inadvertent contact, which like I think that that was an inadvertent contact by the defensive player that is not defensive pass interference. That is impossible to not make contact in those situations. So you cannot make that call in that part of the game. If you want to make that call in the first quarter, fine, I still don't like it. But to make that weighty of a call in that moment I think is egregious and I think all these officials should have they you have to swallow your whistle in that situation because that is because what is every gofense going to do then and critical moments? Just heave the ball up. They're already kind of doing that in the NFL, but like just slightly underthrow football and have the receiver. What if he just stops, if he goes full speed, puts his brakes on and stops. Find me a defensive player that can put his brakes on and react in that fast moment and not make contact. It's impotsossible.
Speaker 1: It seemed like he was doing that intentionally twice in a row.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like it's and.
Speaker 1: Then you saw it and as soon as the ball was heaved up in the air like that, like he had not thrown it all game long, it was like, oh, this is exactly what they're going for, and they got exactly like the moon balls.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson used to Yeah.
Speaker 5: And they had been letting him play, so to say, the entire game until that series.
Speaker 2: Ye, yeah, yeah, I mean it's unfortunate. I mean McDermot gets fired.
Speaker 5: What a weird situation.
Speaker 2: What a weird situation. And you know, look, I mean there's obviously some stuff going on with Brandon Bean and I don't know, I mean, obviously he positioned himself being positioned himself to be the good guy in the whole situation, which I think there's a lot of I mean, there's a lot of Bills fans out there that would say otherwise, But whatever. I mean, it's how razor thin the NFL is. You know, he he is a a few officiating calls away from you know, having his team in the AFC Championship without Patrick Homes and without all these other obstacles. And because an official got overly officious, he lost his job.
Speaker 8: Ye.
Speaker 5: Officious. That's a word, is it? The other one that was not and I've already forgotten what it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I used a word on the on the Patriots game that I don't think is a word, and I'm so glad it didn't like it caught.
Speaker 9: Delicious, delicious, stick them delicious, I said Diddley Bob, No, I said something about Drake may needing to be take a more legged approach.
Speaker 2: You did say that, Yeah, you did say that. I was like, I don't think that that's even a thing. But I wanted him to use his legs more. I want him to run more and be more more mobile in a certain situation.
Speaker 1: Is it No, it's having legs or a specified kind or number.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just don't think that I did in the right way.
Speaker 5: Because I think that's referring to like that's a four legged beast.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you definitely wanted him to be two legged. Yeah, us his two legs. I didn't want him to lose a leg out. There's a strong tape. Jason mccordy agreed, Jason or Devin Jason.
Speaker 3: Jason Jason, Ye, Well, I thought that was an absolute avalanche of good information.
Speaker 2: Same, a barrage of good sports information.
Speaker 5: It was delicious.
Speaker 3: It's paradise. That's just me mispronouncing paradise correct. Vikings News is Next. We'll talk about Brian Flores with Ben Lieber after this on the fan, Hey, welcome.
Speaker 5: Back seven forty eight. Mortshill getting funky. Now a little bit of that Vikings News.
Speaker 2: It's time for Vikings News on the Power Trip, presented by all Right Ben.
Speaker 3: The Vikings extended Brian Flores with the asterisk that he stays if he doesn't get a head coaching job. So we still can ask the question, do you believe Brian Flores will be back in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 2: Yes, way more so now than I was when we talked about this at the end of the season.
Speaker 3: So explain the timing, Like if he's still in the running for the Ravens or the Steelers, or maybe there's another job that he interviews for, why sign it now this extension? Now, how does that give him leverage as opposed to just continuing the head coaching cycle. Still interview talk to the Vikings and have this on maybe even a gentleman's agreement like this is possible, like, hey, look, if I don't get these jobs, we can still do this. Give me the number one reason why they timed it like this and signed this yesterday, Well.
Speaker 2: I just think it's mutually beneficial that if they give him the opportunity to still move up and take a head coaching job. I don't know why you wouldn't want to have the job security of knowing like I have a job, like I got a job. The terms work out, the number works out. It it gives, in good faith to the Vikings, the idea that I'm not gonna make a lateral move, that I'm gonna be your guy. It does do the Vikings a solid which I think is is a smart thing to do. Doesn't leave them hanging for okay, and you know, when the season's over and all of a sudden, now we get into the true offseason, we're gonna start, you know, focusing more on the college stuff and the draft, that we don't lose our coordinator to another coordinator position. And I don't think you know, now that he's kind of sniffed around, it doesn't sound like he even wants that. I I'd be curious to know how much how serious he was about all these Dallas Cowboys rumors and all this other stuff. You know, if he takes a head coaching job, nobody's gonna nobody's gonna be mad at that, right, Everybody's gonna be like very happy for him, So I just think it is mutually beneficial to both. He's got a job, it's lot, then they're allowed him to move if he takes a head coaching job. I think the the idea, and he must have a better idea after sitting down with the Steelers now for the second time, that the likelihood of him being offered the head coaching job at either the Ravens or Steelers is probably waning and the possibilities are getting less and less. So sign the deal. If if by happen chance that they interview some of these the offensive coordinator and the defensive coordinator for the Rams, and all these other guys that are in these positions that can't do in person interviews, if those fall through and he's sort of a plan B or C, then they can always come back and we'll just have to backfill with his with his defensive quarter in position here. But I think all likelihood it probably means the writing writing is on the wall that he's not going to be the top choice for either one of those teams.
Speaker 3: Is there any player on the defense that is directly affected by Flores stain.
Speaker 2: Well Harrison Smith? I mean I know that he's he's a free agent, but he definitely left the the possibility open that if the Vikings, you know, here we are with an even number year, if we make a playoff run and they want to feel like they want to bring him back and he can be helpful. I could see him coming back to playing this scheme because Harry was very specific that if he did make a choice, like Eric Kendricks did this year, that it has to be the perfect situation with the right type of defense. It cannot be a man coverage heavy defense. It's got to be similar to what Brian Flores does. That's the only way he'll come back for another season and finish out the season. So he could be greatly affected. Certainly, I think Van Ginkel and Gernard are greatly affected. I mean, if we brought in a coordinator, if we lost him and they and the coordinator want to come in and run a standard four to three let's just say a Tampa two or something like that. I'm not sure those guys would fit in a Tampa two. That's not their role. They're not a hand on the ground five technique defensive ends. So we would be wasting I think player time on some player contracts if we went that direction. So it's nice that everybody stays pat.
Speaker 8: Do you think there's any chance in these conversations Brian had with Koc and all these other people about staying and what they were going to do with the team, did he say, my defense can play as well as it can, but I have to get a similar effort on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't think that that was part of the conversation. I think, you know, it's not so siloed and compartmentalized within to not understand what's going on on the other side of the ball. So I think Bflow has a really good understanding of where this team is at and what the offense is trending towards, and what those decisions might be. Obviously, he doesn't know exactly what they're going to be doing in the offseason offensively, but I think he understands that we're a good football team that's not far away. He's going to focus on the defense, continue to have a defense, be a top ten defense if he probably understands if I do that, and obviously we're gonna make some tweaks for sure. We all understand that we still need interier defensive line of help. We still need a safety, we still need some some defensive backs. Like all of that stuff's in play. But I think he understands the nucleus of this defense is going to be there. But I don't think that that specific conversation probably happened.
Speaker 8: Is this one of the most important drafts in Viking's history?
Speaker 2: One of you? I mean, you know, once again, you've got you've got to not only hit on the first round, guy, but I think I think that you have to find three starters out of this draft. You should, yeah, you know, and that's not that's not high expectations. I mean I think out of every draft, you should find at least three three, you know, immediate starters. You know, I think your I think your third round of these days, I think your third rounder, depending on the position that they're in, should be a starter.
Speaker 8: I mean the two first picks of the Seahawks, the Guards and then the is it even yeah even worried. They're stud and they were their first two picks in last year's draft, and they are contributing to a team that will probably play in the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's the thing, Like you want to obviously Ideally you want to have two high enders like they have the two guys that we just mentioned. But you just want guys to start, you know, you say, you want guys to go out there and contribute and get that game experience. And yeah, they're gonna make mistakes, but you just you can't not have them play a significant amount of snaps. So yeah, this is a huge, a huge draft for us. And you know, my my knee jerk reaction right now is will probably go offense with that first pick, but we'll see.
Speaker 3: One day ago, Sauce tweeted a gift of Jennifer Lawrence going okay, iumbs up there, you know that right, famous meme, and he was responding to a Niners Twitter account. Then asked this question, So again keep that in mind, is a Niners fan or a Niners account? Yes, you know, would you do this trade? The Niners receive wide receiver Justin Jefferson. No, the Vikings receive quarterback Mac Jones, a twenty twenty six second round pick and wide receiver Ricky Piersoll.
Speaker 2: No, one hundred percent. No, I mean that's that's his that's this preposterous. As the rumors I heard that the Ravens are going to trade Lamar Jackson to the Raiders. What no, not if they fired their head coach. Why would they do that? Why would we trade our best player on the team for Mac Jones? No, I mean all of a sudden, now Mac Jones is I get it. Mac Jones is the next Sam Darnold. I get all that could be could not be right, more likely not right than could so.
Speaker 3: Since the last time you were here, the charges were dropped on Jordan Addison, but we haven't had your opinion yet on the whole noodle bar fiasco. This looks like it's again much ado about nothing. But in general, how do you feel about Jordan Edison and just his general sense of judgment?
Speaker 2: General judgment again is still immaturity. You know, if this was an isolated incidant, this first time we've ever seen him get in trouble, we say a big deal. You know you're having a good time. He's drunk at a casino and he was probably on a heater. I don't know the details. He didn't want to lead ucky or he was not on a heater and he wanted to make all his money back. Like look, we've all been young we've been in a casino, we've all been drunk. You know, big deal. But like you said, it's it is the it's the history that he has, and you know, it's a it's a it's a history of making poor choices. And the thing is, dude, we have him for fifth year. I don't think that we've exercised that fifth year option. He's only hurting himself. He is there. There is potentially millions of dollars that he's leaving on the table because he cannot make mature decisions and stay out of the media. So, you know, I think his future is probably not here with the Vikings. And that's not even just a that's not just because of his off the field stuff. I just don't think it makes sense to pay him probably what he deserves to have two high priced wide receivers. So my whole thought was he was not going to be a long term player here anyway for a second contract. But this, I think this absolutely assures the fact that he's not going to get a second deal with the Vikings.
Speaker 3: And do you believe Jalen Naylor is good enough to be a solid number two wide receiver or would they need to address that I.
Speaker 2: Think they would need to address that love. I love his development and where he's going. I tend to look at this this offense and think that we need somebody in that caliber of Addison, a little bit more quick twitch than we have out of Naylor. Naylor's fantastic at that number three spot and his ability to kind of move around. But no, I think that they still probably need to find somebody to fill that pill.
Speaker 3: Jaspot, all right, one last hardcore football question during Vikings news. Also, since we haven't seen you a lot of firings and hirings across the head coaching carousel, what have you liked been surprised by? What makes sense what doesn't make sense? In terms of hirings and firings. Let's start with Harbaugh New York. Yeah, I do. I think I think New York, New York doesn't need a They don't need a guy to come in and be boisterous like a Brian Daball. They need a calming CEO. And that's exactly what Harbaugh is.
Speaker 2: And I think it's a I think it's a really good business hire for them if they're looking for a good manager of a team, somebody that that obviously has pedigree, a reputation, and immediately when he has his first team meeting with those guys, like, you're going to be transfixed in the fact that, like, dude, we got John Harbaugh as our coach. This is unbelievable, right, So I think the buy in is going to be immediate. It is the type of temperament I think is perfect that for that organization. I think Stefanski is actually a great fit in Atlanta. I am. I'm curious to see what he's going to do with the quarterback situation because Pennex is coming off the injury. Obviously, I'm sure he likes Kirk Cousins, but there is the age factor, and like, do you really trust that he's going to put you over the hump and get you into the playoffs and get yourself a win or two in the playoffs after seventeen games, given his his age and lack of mobility, I don't know. I probably think he leans more still towards the youth, but he's got Bijon that's exactly the type of player that he wants for that offense. I think Mike Tomlin's stepping down was probably the right move. You know, they are notoriously loyal to their head coaches, and things have gotten stagnant. Things have gotten really stagnant there, And for a guy that has you know, molded himself and kind of transition into more that CEO and not so much of a defensive coordinator, like they need defensive they need defensive help, like they need to be more explosive on offense. They need to modernize and for whatever reason, Tomlin was great for what nineteen years, It's just I feel like they were stuck in a rut. They need to refresh there in Pittsburgh. So I think they'll probably go offense with their next head head coach and probably the dude from the Rams, the Shieldhouse guy or something like that.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, Fan five In a second, Tom Pelo Saro in a little bit, the Oscar nominations are all we can talk about films Max and see them all so we can get his opinion probably in all of these things. More of the Power Trip Morning Show after this on the Fan