Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and on demand on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by Petros, Papaday guests left school after sixth grade and the voice of the Bolts, not Money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show on the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Why why why why why why why why why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: You see your father then you see me? What's cracking? Everybody? Welcome back. It's Peason Money on AM five seventy n I Sports. It is a frog Man Friday and we are very pleased to have the great Jonas Knox here. Jonas, could you tell us about the Big Flag Football Event? Please?
Speaker 2: Huge, absolutely huge, The Fanatics Flag Football Classic coming to be Moos Stadium. You were trying to tell me it was BMO during the break.
Speaker 1: It is not.
Speaker 2: It's BMO Stadium in Los Angeles. Saturday, March twenty first, at one pm. The historic tournament brings together, Tom Brady, Jalen Hurtz, Jaden Daniels, Saquon Barkley, Odell Beckham, Junior Gronk, Joe Burrow, Logan Paul I show Speed, he's a You Tour, he's a streamer.
Speaker 1: I do that yesterday and you were just reading off that.
Speaker 2: No, I did know that. Yeah, I'm familiar with I show Speed. Never watched any of his stuff, and I'm familiar with him. More of the NFL's biggest superstars will be there, elite global athletes and the official USA Flag Football National team to finally crown a true world champion in flag football. The event is brought to you by Fanatics Studios. Get your tickets now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 1: Schiam your size start Down.
Speaker 2: That's where you're going. See you on the ice bompe.
Speaker 1: Isn't it sad the things that make us happy? Like that's all I ever want to play. I just want to play. TM USA is going down over schim your.
Speaker 2: Size start down, That's where it's going. See you on the ice bompey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know you've changed Jonas since you went and got ice cream with that Iceland trainer Chick Trader to Team USA. Man, it's fun. In effect, it's the yeah We're three fun Fact brought to you by Concordia University Irvines Masters in Coaching Pro summer term getting started May eighteenth. I wouldn't wait. Every new student gets a thousand dollars off and you could do the whole program online in fifteen months. Go to see UI not Needy you slash Coaching. Today's fun fact is for you, Jonas Uh. It's gonna be nostalgic, but it's also going to be frustrating because it's about the new Aloha Stadium, part of the New Aloha Stadium Entertainment district in beautiful Hawaiian Honolulu. I'm not sure Jonas it's if it's because you just love Waikiki Beach or some family connections, but you are a huge Hawaii football fan.
Speaker 2: In mine correct back when I was younger, I didn't know where it. Probably got it from a thrift store somewhere. But remember those old mesh football jerseys. They would sell like the Mesh ones to where they would have almost like the netting and.
Speaker 1: The Hawaii eighty eight.
Speaker 2: Yes, I had that one, so that I remember seeing that and trying to figure around why is that here? And I used to wear it and then just loved watching the Pro Bowl and watching just the scene and the sights and sounds of the old Pro Bowl, AFC, NFC A Loha stadium. Always wanted to go there and was fortunate to go there a couple of times, go on the field, but not a real nice place.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I always liked that old bucket of bolts. But you're right, it's not as shiny as it was that night Elvis played. The old stadium is being dismantled this year. They haven't even got to that yet, and it is projected to open the new one. And you saw the renderings, yeah, which just looked like a drawing of the old alas. Basically, he is supposed to open in March twenty twenty nine or spring twenty twenty nine, in time for the University of Hoei football season that year. Timmy Chang is I hear it? And so it's just defensive coordinator, my old friend from Santa Monica High in the USC of the Dallas Cowboys, Dennis Thurman. Your thoughts on this actually getting done ever.
Speaker 2: Well, that's but you talk to people in Hawaii, You talk to enough of the locals there, they're like, oh, yeah, it's Hawaiian time and that's a that's a real thing. But uh, that's Hawaiians. It's it's not going to happen. And so I look at it. I go, okay, sure, it's what was the thing we were talking about when you came on with us a couple of weeks ago. What was going to be built? Was it the bullet train from here to or the gondola.
Speaker 1: The train for the World Cup? Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And uh and you were like, yeah, that's never going to get built. That's never happened. I look at this and I go, this is somebody's gonna make money off of this. Of course. But I had a cab driver drive me around. I was asking him about a Looha stadium because there was reports that they were going to tear it down. And so I'm sitting in the back of the cabin. I'm talking to this guy and he's like, Hey, you see all this right here. You see all this that was supposed to be built three years ago, And it was just all the freeway overpasses. There was supposed to be a train that was put in there. Just so that's why I.
Speaker 1: Look at it.
Speaker 2: I go, they're going to play at you know whatever the eight thousand seat venue is they play at?
Speaker 1: Now, how are they able to build all those hotels so quick? It's amazing how that works, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's sad man Wait shoe Hal Toddy even had to settle his real estate deal out there.
Speaker 2: They catch a break, So yeah, it's I hope it gets built. It would be awesome. You and I've talked about it. It's a it's a great program. The tradition is awesome. It's tough to recruit there. It's tough to get people to stay. But if you go to a game there and you watch Hawaii man pretty great. Oh it's awesome.
Speaker 1: All right. We do have an event coming up in Montabella. We've been talking about it. From two to four, Matt and I on a flex alert on Thursday. We'll meet live at BJ's Restaurant in brew House in the place we've never been, Montabello. Don't worry. I'll do my due diligence. We'll get the mayor out there. I'll watch some city council meetings. I'll get a Layela lamps.
Speaker 2: At least she could do Petros right for.
Speaker 1: All the money, I may, but we will be there to see the people. Two to four at BJ's, we got all kinds of stuff to give away. We're giving away Will Smith's World Baseball Classic Jockstrap. I'm kidding. I wish I wasn't Martabello BJS two to four glass, Yes, and me go on Thursday. All right, it's up for quick. Its thank you Colling with your UCLA support.
Speaker 2: I'm toss quicketch. I'll make it quick, y'all.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, The Dodgers with a night game versus the Mariners in Peoria, landing Kanak mac Is on the mound. The next Dodger game on m five seventy is tomorrow, with only one week left in Arizona before the return home for the Freeway Series next Sunday. Everybody is excited. What a time. The Dodger season is upon us and we are going to Matabello.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, it's a fun event.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting a pazuki.
Speaker 1: You've been to our events? Yeah, you see that. I I give all of myself that I possibly can. Yeah, I pull out a knife when I pop balloon.
Speaker 2: It's true. Was not thrilled with that, by the way, Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Why why don't you give me the money you spend on the balloons so I show up.
Speaker 2: By the way, it sounded like in the Line of Fire when he's popping balloons with with with the button, the President's.
Speaker 1: Coming home in a box. Frank, that's not gonna happen. Leary, I'm onto you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll be thinking about that out on your grave.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the best movie ever. If you want to get inspired for the World Baseball Classic, watch in the Line of Fire with Rennee Russo, John Malkovich Head, Clint Eastwood.
Speaker 2: Tonight, I got a rendezvous with death bank. So does the president, and so do you. If you get too close, you got a rendezvous with my ass effort.
Speaker 1: Tough to see Dylan McDermott catch one of the mom Frank, I got him. You got a blowhole? Now how many times that? If you ask an advance like Frank did when he saved the President at the Bonaventure? Is that the best movie you ever? At the Bonaventure? Hard the other options Hard to Kill with segall It's Mason Storm.
Speaker 2: Oh really is at the same place?
Speaker 1: Hey, from a guy through a window and then he sprints down to Chinatown, kills the guy on the street and throws a mask right over his face from one of the Kaoks.
Speaker 2: God, my dad loves Steven Sigall movies. Hard to Kill, Out for Justice. Uh, what was the The Jamaican guys were marked for death?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Marked for death?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean when I say I'm on FISA. Screw Yeah, I know him A party with him? What do you not care? Send a drugs?
Speaker 2: Was the one where he's rehabbing from his from his coma. That's hard to tell, and he pounds like a four by four in the ground. He wraps rope around.
Speaker 1: Up the mountain. He punches it to death with freaking donkey chest punches. That's the one with the Bone Adventure. It's a tough call. It's a tough call because he does throw a guy through the window. But then again, Malkovich gets shot up in the elevator. Spoiler alert. I spent a very very sultry New Year's Eve once in the Bone Adventure.
Speaker 2: Oh did you yeah?
Speaker 1: Y two k brother?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah?
Speaker 1: I was like, look, this place was big in the eighties and still kind of cool. The Lakers are red hot, your ice cold They've won four in a row, seven in their last ten. They're home tomorrow versus the Nuggets. We talked to Slee Wall. They beat the Bulls last night, which they were supposed to a lottery team, and since there was a lottery team, Lebron played Lucah. Luca had fifty one, Austin Reeves had thirty, Lebron had eighteen, seven and seven, and he said afterwards, I'll make any kind of sacrifice that I have to. I'm Lebron James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm able.
Speaker 1: To adapt to whatever me.
Speaker 4: He's from the team where Jackson with Maxi being out two of our really good screen setters and Jackson one of our best rollers. So like that's the void that I could imput myself into to help the team. You know why Jackson's out, Max, he's out. So I'm just trying to do that allow Ar and Luca to continue on the things that they've been doing obviously ball hand and scoring, pick and role play. And then you know, I was just trying to help with the glass continue. I mean, I'm always passed the ball, so I'm not worried about that, and SHO be a little bit more active now. I mean the team is most important. You know, everybody successful when we were win So yeah, it is a sacrifice. I know what I'm capable of still doing as an individual, but that's important for this team. I'm able to adapt to what's important for this team, and that's the only thing that matters, and the win is the only thing that matters.
Speaker 1: So tires Amon three, Tiresomon three one two three Tiresome, would you do the rest? I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't blame you. It's been a long with enoughs.
Speaker 1: Enough.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Clippers thirty three and thirty two, once fifteen games under five hundred. They are home to the Bulls later on tonight. Petros after a stellar career Clemson than four years in Jacksonville running back Travis at TN or ATN He's now a New Orleans Saint. Now you're wondering, why can't you pick between a name, Well, he's from Louisiana and as a press conference today, told the media they've been mispronouncing his name the last eight years in college and the enn oh No.
Speaker 5: Growing up Travis chan So it was like a C H A and e uh. And that's how you always said Travis Cha when I went to college, I kept telling my telling him my name like every day, every day, every day, and like I was like four weeks they just couldn't get it. So I'm like, man, it's eat like how you see it is how you said uh so, and that's that's that's that's how that became. And it kind of took off because it was easy for the pronouncers to say I didn't have to just tell him I have to correct them every day to say my name. And just when I kind of just started learning more about my last name and how it came about and things like that, it's just kind of stuck.
Speaker 1: It made sense.
Speaker 5: But uh, I'm very much open to uh being Travis H and again just uh being myself. I don't have to correct people here on how to say my name each and every day, and I kind of love that. And uh that's just uh just get get back to me.
Speaker 1: That's what Bobby Herbert said.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's listen, that's not our problem, all right. If you if you go back on your name now is what it is. You need to have a conversation with somebody in your family.
Speaker 1: Accordion player from the Zydacal World in the Bayou. Clifton has the same problem. Uh what about Ucla?
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting ready to take on Michigan State. That's what dressed up like the minist time set an edo bandon jersey on the back there. It's really fired up about it. But Ucla getting ready to take on Michigan State in the quarterfinals of the Big Ten Tournament. Last night, the Bruins beat Rutgers, a game in which Donovan Den had a triple double, the first ever by any player at the Big Ten Tournament. I didn't know actually until like under four media time out. One of my teammates was byer, you gotta go get one more rebound. So I was kind of hunting for it there at the m for share and so now I'm gonna lie to him so he'll keep rebounding.
Speaker 1: I'm you need to for a triple double, so he'll keep rebounding. Now I know what was You know, see, I was crashing for sure at the end. NFL.
Speaker 2: Good to finally get it. God, I real hope that Mick Cronin learns his ways. He's gonna lose the team he keeps acting out like the way he did earlier this year. Ye cron Oh my god. That's like it's like when Brett Beelima criticized his offensive line, like you can't talk to athletes these day, and completely turned around the Illinois program. They're a much better program. Hard coaching matters in this world.
Speaker 1: Kids need to hear it.
Speaker 2: The Big Twelve Conference semi final games happening in Kansas City, coming from players and coaches, and then a groin injury on the giant player, the Big Twelve swapped out their fancy led glass court for the old traditional hard rolld court for the twelfth.
Speaker 1: Conditioner Brett or Mark he used to work for jay Z? Does that look as cool as it used to? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Where's he at? What's jay Z up to?
Speaker 1: I take anywhere without my kids?
Speaker 2: So look, I know that they're criticisms. It was probably a terrible idea. It did look pretty sweet though, all right, it did look kind of cool, you know, like, I'm sorry, I was a big fan of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well so did the speed Racer movie that came out a while back. It looked kind of cool, but nobody went and saw it and it was dangerously stupid.
Speaker 2: By the way, you want the f one news, I mean, your biggest.
Speaker 1: Idea Formula one is set to cancel April's races in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Well, thanks for the horrible war torn Middle East news. The ongoing Iran war F one was due to race in Bahrain on April twelfth and in Saudi Arabia on April nineteenth. If Iran goes back to like seventies, hot, itiny and chick edon, are some of our Ionians that live have lived here for the last thirty years gonna leave? That would suck. I like our Eonian friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, adds a little flavor, little culture that we wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Best a there's a month opening now between Japan and Miami. Teams will have extra time at their factories to analyze early season data and accelerate upgrades to their cars that were originally planned for the Middle East races. So it's gonna be a big gap. We'll try to get some F one news in there. But war torn Middle East hurting the F one. I don't like it.
Speaker 2: You are the war torn Middle East show of records of courting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like to think. What I like to think about is, hey, where's Hesbala in this? What about the hoofist Poor, the Straits of Horror moves, What's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: Petros Data Wide announced in the UFC its plans to make almost sidelin Ye and Sammy Long and I'm not quite reside eighty five thousand tickets nine o'clock.
Speaker 1: Is that up against Jonas's FSR show?
Speaker 2: I'm actually not on tomorrow?
Speaker 6: Well, thankfully it's not, because if it was, I would not want to be knocking Jonas off the air.
Speaker 2: Trust me that some people would rather that happen. To let me tell you, I've got.
Speaker 1: A few text for people like I listened to that weekend show. I'm very much enjoint really well for him. Oh well, listen.
Speaker 2: If you are, if you're interested, to be clear, if you are interested in the UFC at the White House, eighty five thousand free tickets available to the public for its unprecedented live event at the White House on June fourteenth. The tickets are for an outdoor viewing experience at the Ellipse, which is the giant park across from the south end of the White House. A lightweight title bout between undisputed champion Iliotaporia and interim champion Justin Gaegee is scheduled to headline the event. Colin, you do co host the not quite Ringside show here on a five seventy talking UFC, Talking Boxing with Sammy.
Speaker 6: Your thoughts, well, I thought that's written in there. Wow, thank you whoever wrote.
Speaker 1: On your thoughts. At the end, I was like, oh, I got cool, I got something to say that. He directed over to Colin.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 6: I like the car, Like the card for face value looks really good. Right, you have arguably the pounder for pound best guy in Taporeo. Like the dude knocks everyone out.
Speaker 1: Gaith Gee.
Speaker 6: That's a good fight. There's a lot of names on there, right, but who are they fighting? That's kind of my question is the matchmaking?
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 6: Even when you look at that card and the other thing when I see the car too, is I thought maybe they could possibly have John Jones, Connor McGregor, we're one of those guys gonna come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, and I think John Jones, Uh, you know Dana White, he's basically threw water on that when he told everybody you got a bum hip. This guy can't fight anymore.
Speaker 1: No, that's my contributing.
Speaker 2: I would say this, you would like you would like Alex Pajeda. He's he's Brazilian and you should see the entrance he does because sometimes he'll paint his face and he comes out like a Brazilian warrior.
Speaker 1: And he's like, oh, I would enjoy that. I heard this is going to be at the White House, right. I heard they're going to crack the dome off the Capitol, turn it upside down, fill it up with bean dip, and get some giant Fredo's and it's really gonna be just a hell of a night, America. Does everything have to be like Daytona? Now? I mean, I'm all for some patriotism, but all right, all right, well, thank you everybody for listening. The great calling ye putting in a lot of work all week. He'll be back on me. He'll be back on the Dodger beat on tomorrow because the Dodger's taking on the Socks first pitch at one. Thank you Colin for all of your contributions. Thank you to Jonas Knox. Thank you to David Vasse Sliwa, Ronnie Fossio at Ronnie Fossio on X. He'll post the playlist. Have a great weekend. Everybody will be back on Monday, at three o'clock they cool shup