Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach. Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 3: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this is because they can. They print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 3: It's not fair.
Speaker 4: Are making plans.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 1: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers, Tama Cats.
Speaker 6: Hi, everybody, good afternoon, and welcome to Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this beautiful Saturday afternoon, April fourth, twenty twenty six. You're back to back world champion Los Angeles Dodgers five and two to start this season. After taking the series opener yesterday in Washington, DC, they're back at this afternoon in our nation's capital. First pitch coming up at one zero five. Tyler Glass now on the mound.
Speaker 3: Coming up.
Speaker 6: Over the next sixty minutes, You're Amargo Casino Dodgers on deck. You are gonna hear from Kyle Tucker. You are gonna hear from Chris Archer. You are gonna hear from Dave Roberts, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. We got your Dodgers magical moment. We got highlights of glory to get to. Shortly, we'll visit with Kirsten Watson live on the field at Nationals Park as she gets ready as well, and in just a few minutes we'll head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick Monday. Well, yesterday, the Dodgers played spoiler in the Nationals home opener.
Speaker 3: Image She and got the start.
Speaker 6: The right hander got into a little trouble early in the first and traffic on the bass pass.
Speaker 3: CJ.
Speaker 6: Abrams then took him deep for a three run home run, and just like that the Nationals with a early three to nothing lead. The Dodgers' bats, which were quiet the first six games, would wake up in a big way. Yesterday him the third down three to nothing show Hey O Tany with a blast to write a three run shot that tied the game in three.
Speaker 3: Two batters later.
Speaker 2: Mookie deal one now bets lists one in the air to left field. This one struck pretty well on the warning track at the wall. It is gone. Mookie Betts goes into the Dodger bullpen, his second of the year and the Dodgers second of this inning.
Speaker 6: They now lead five to three. Two run home run for Mookie Bets. Dodgers up five to three. Then in the fourth and Andy pot Has with a two run home run. He's on fire. Dodgers up seven to four. Still in the fifth, Dodgers get Taoscar Hernandez with an RBI doubled than Kyle Tucker and RBI's single. Dodgers with four runs in the fifth busted it open with an eleven to four lead.
Speaker 3: Then in the seventh, Kyle Tucker went deep.
Speaker 2: Two ounce bases empty for the Dodgers in the seventh, leading by seventh, Kyle Tucker the better first pitch and Tucker rifles won in the air to right field.
Speaker 1: It is out of here.
Speaker 2: And Kyle Tucker is on the board in blue. His first Dodger home run gives him a dozen in DC.
Speaker 6: Solo home run for Kyle Tucker on the day, the Dodgers would have hit five home runs as he took a twelve four lead. They'd go on and win big over the Nationals yesterday thirteen to six. The Dodgers bats, well, how about sixteen hits, five home runs, Kyle Tucker to Asker Hernandez Andy Pyez, each with three hits in the game. Pie has Is hitting four to eighty on this season. Emmitt Sheen gave up that three run home run to CJ. Abrams in the first, but the Nationals only scored one more in his five.
Speaker 3: And two third innings he gets to win.
Speaker 6: Miles Michaelis gets roughed up, gives up a career high eleven runs on eleven hits in four and a third innings of work as the Nationals lose their home opener for a fifth straight year, the most runs the Nationals are allowed in the home opener since they moved to our nation's capital twenty one years ago. Dodgers really piled on yesterday, looking to do it again today game two of this three game series. Tyler klass Now on the mount first pitch on one oh five and with Morlan's head out to the galloping four broadcast booth, as we say hello to Stephen Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 2: Guys, All right, tim, another beautiful day here in DC as the Dodgers have an opportunity to clinch the series against the Nationals. It'd be Tyler Glassnell starting for the Dodgers and another rity for the Nets, Jake Irvin. But Moe looking back to the series opener, who was just with the doctor order for the offense season, best marks for hits in a game, runs in a game, homers in a game. Everybody got involved and the top four looked like the top four.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it was from top to bottom. That was a good thing. Five home runs, of course, so they can make up for a lot of mistakes that you might be able to make. How much Joe Heyotani first time he leaves a ballpark, and or Tucker also his first home run in a Dodger uniform. But I think from talked about him, the Dodgers approach, including the fact very few swings and misses in yesterday's ball game, that is a big, big improvement for a couple of games prior to that. This is a ball club. When you look at the Dodgers, they understand full well, and all you have to do is just kind of take a reading from the crowds that were going to see on the road. They're anticipating a great team that their home team is going to be playing against, and you know the Nationals, they took the early lead. Another come from behind victory for this Dodger ball club.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you team me up from an next point was going to be another comeback win, and the Dodgers already have four this year. They led the National League with forty eighty year ago, only one fewer than the Toronto Boue Jays in twenty twenty five. And on one hand, you're saying, Okay, the confidence in this group, they never feel like they're out of it.
Speaker 3: They always feel like.
Speaker 2: They can come back, and more often than not they seem to. But I don't know if you want to fall into the habit of falling behind quickly and early like they have been.
Speaker 4: No. Sixth of seven, the other teams have scored first, and obviously you had the six games at home, so the visiting team has six opportunities to score first because they're batting in the time of the first inning. But I think part of that, too, is not just the run production opportunities with this lineup. Dodgors also had great, great belief in their bullpen to be able to shut the team down if needed in the seventh, the eighth, and the ninth inning. And so far they've been able to do that as well.
Speaker 2: And looking ahead to today after spoiling the Nationals home opener on Friday, on Saturday, they will hand the ball to Tyler Glass now for his second outing of the season. Interestingly enough, you're thinking, all right, Glass now with his stuff, facing a Nationals team that has been down for the last six or seven years, this should be an easy matchup. But his career marks against them aren't particularly great. That being said, that's in the past.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's in the past. But the other part too is what he want wants to have in the past to the rearview mirror is the fact eleven starts last year at home, his ERA was under two point eight. The seven starts on the road, the ERA was over four. Trying to flip that around, do it a little bit more and a good outing he had against Arizona last Saturday, no decision, but went six strong innings, allowed just two runs, struck out six and at.
Speaker 2: Ball game and facing a starter in Jake Irvin opposite Glass. Now, we's had some trouble keeping the ball in the yard. We'll talk about that a little bit later, Tim, when we get a key from mope.
Speaker 6: All right, thank you nellyus. We got you down to first page. Dodger Fansay, it's lunchtime. What are you gona do for your game?
Speaker 3: Dave Meal?
Speaker 6: How about Shakey's Pizza Parlor? What are your Shaky's pizza checking emojos right now at Shakey's dot com. We're gonna order something here in the studio right now. Coming up here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You're gonna check out with David Vez say he goes one on all with Chris Archer, Dodger specialist, front office executive. We'll break down this pitching matchup. But I'm next to you, O TONI rewind and we'll go live to the field. Kirsten Watson from sports and at LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being with us.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Keats's the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball, leading.
Speaker 6: You up to Dodgers and Nationals from Washington, DC on this Saturday, Timer Glass now Jacob Irban the pitching mat shot first pitch coming up at one O five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind.
Speaker 2: Michael List with a one zero Oltani launches to right field and we are tied. The first home run of the season for show Hey ol Tani, a game tying three run laser over the wall in right field. We got a brand new ballgame in DC, Michael List with the payoff, Oltani hits it hard through the right side beyond the diving Noonia is its second base in the right center field. The two out single for old Tani, his second hit of the ballgame continues this fourth inning.
Speaker 6: Show Hey O'tani a three run home. Ronnie followed the next inning with his single. He also had a sack fly, and the ninth inning, show ay Otani drives in four. He also extends his on base streak now to thirty eight games dating back to last season.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 6: Hey Kirson now joins us live from the field the Nationals Park in our nation's capital before game two of his three game set Dodgers and the Nationals brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate it today, your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donate now, Hey Carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with the K Kirston Looking at the lineup the Dave Roberts has out there today, little different, looking.
Speaker 1: A little different.
Speaker 7: So not ta Askar, Hernandez and left fields. Calex is going to be out there and Let's and it's really just so that they can get tail office speeds to prepare for this Toronto series. It's obviously three games straight, it's going to be on turf, indoors, and so Dave was saying he wanted to find ways to get players here and there just a day so that they can be prepared for that Blue Jay series. So today it is chaoscar. We also noticed, of course yesterday with how many runs the guys were able to put on the board. He got to break late in the game, but there's nothing there. Colet's obviously come into this spring in this year incredibly healthy and a really good spot, being intentional with kind of losing a little bit of weight so that he's felt like he could just move quicker, and even with battling that groin injury last year, he just felt like this offseason not only was he able to steal, but just be in a position where he could be extremely agile. So he is fully healthy, in a really good spot, just getting a day off prepare for the Blue Jay Series.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glass now gets to start. He had a really good spring here, so we talked about that before first start, and he went out and had a really good first start as well.
Speaker 4: He did.
Speaker 7: He has been someone who has been a steady workforce, whether we saw it in spring training as you mentioned the first outing of the season, getting through sixth innings of work, and even how we've seen them to set up the rotation, how you have a young player in Emmett and you've got Tyler and then a young player in Rokie. How he can provide just a consistency in the depths. Such a value, especially in between two young starters in which obviously there's high expectations from them unless we were able to see Emmett getting to that sixth inning yesterday, but they're still a little bit of unknown of what they're going to be able to provide. So you have someone like Tyler in the middle, he has been excellent stuff is in a really good spot and he even shared with me, actually, you look at how last year played out for him. The month of September, he won all four of his start and he was saying that he actually found something in a bullpen that Connor McGinnis and Mark Bryer brought to his attention. He said that he felt like he was kind of flying open when he was landing coming off of the mound and it was not allowing him to really stol and manned his hitches, and so by landing a little bit more closed in in order to do that, he opened up his back foot just a little bit, and he said it made a world of a difference. So's that bullpen that kind of changed everything, and he's just been riding that out and obviously we're seeing the results. He's in a great position and he's been such a reliable person for this team, and a part of it also is just kind of has grown and the time he's been here and Dave Roberts has really seen that.
Speaker 6: No doubt, they need another big audience from Tyler Glass now today, all right, Kirsten, we will check in with you after the game.
Speaker 3: Still to come.
Speaker 6: Here on Wrongo Causino Dodgers on Deck, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup David Vestatoes one on one with Chris Archer. But up next at injury report and we'll hear from the Dodger skipper Dave Roberts. Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday first pitch of one oh five. I'm Tim Kats' is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season, Low.
Speaker 6: Long, Margo Casino Dodgers on Decade C and US on this beautiful Saturday afternoon. As we leads out to first pitch, Dodgers and Nationals from Washington, DC, Margo Casino Resort ends by Grand Slam for good times. Tyler Glass now on the mountain. First pitch coming up at one o five.
Speaker 1: It's the LA Dodgers Injury Report.
Speaker 6: Of my UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Tommy Emman on the I L. Blake Snell on the IL Rock Stewart starting the year on the I L. Key k Hernandez on the sixty day I L, but he is trending towards the comeback when those sixty days expire. Land and knack on the I L with the intercostal stran Gavin Stone on the sixty day IL as well. Let's head back out to our nation's capital and check in with the Dodger manager.
Speaker 4: Anything else with.
Speaker 5: Questions for Dave?
Speaker 4: Dave? Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in.
Speaker 1: The dugouts with Dave Roberts, you.
Speaker 8: Know, not really I think that, you know, I think obviously the leg injury, which I think he was kind of battling with a lot of the year, But I feel that he's in much better shape this year. He's healthy, and I think this is more for me of like kind of trying to get his footing before we kind of let him run loose six in rows a lot, and then we're going to play three games on turf in Toronto. I want them for all three games there. So how can we kind of introduce Alex into the season, get him off to see that's more than impetus.
Speaker 1: You look at this rotation.
Speaker 7: I noticed how you kind of stacked the two younger players with in between the veterans. When you have someone like Tyler Glass now in the force that he has been on the mound, how beneficial is.
Speaker 1: It just having him in between him and then Roki.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 8: There's a little bit of thought obviously behind that, you know, just making sure that a feeling comfortable in the sense that when Tyler takes him out and you feel that he can give you some length and coverage and be willing to be able to navigate through some stress and you can push them a little bit more so having him kind of lumped in between those two guys, you know, is pretty helpful for our staff in total.
Speaker 6: All right, there's Dave Roberts with some pregame thoughts. When we continue here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we'll check in with David Vaz say Dodger player injured in pregame warm ups. We'll find out the latest from dv next as we lead you out to first pitch Dodgers Nationals.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates is the back to.
Speaker 6: Back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes' is Morongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Nationals. On this Saturday afternoon, Tyler Glass now goes for the blue first pitch of one oh five Dodgers Baseball is brought to by Alpoto, born.
Speaker 3: In LA and made for your game day.
Speaker 6: Alipoto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, sauces and hot sauces to your table El Pato Gourmet and a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kats on Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 5: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger inside the David.
Speaker 6: All right, David, what in the world happened? Some kind of freak accident during stretching.
Speaker 5: Something that I've never seen and other players on the Dodgers had never seen. So the Dodgers were starting to stretch out along the third base foul territory area while the Nationals were still taking batting practice, and Alex Call got drilled by a foul ball off the bat of his former team, a Brady House. Somehow, some way, the right handed hitting House uh pull the ball that didn't get stopped by the batting cage and instead he hit Alex Call in the upper chest area. Call went down. You heard him scream. You heard the bat and then you heard call scream. The Dodgers got the trainer to come over. Luckily, where he'd hit him, there was a lot of meat and muscle. It could have been a lot worse, but he was very fortunate it hit him where it did. And after he was in the dugout, so I took the opportunity to ask him how he's feeling, and you know whether or not, he he feels like he's very lucky. I'm okay, I'm okay, I'm doing did you see it even coming?
Speaker 9: Well, I saw it coming, yeah, and then I was doing hig knees and I got in the chest, you know, my buddy Brady. So hopefully he doesn't beat himself up too much. But it's all good.
Speaker 5: He's trying to take you out for your first start.
Speaker 9: Maybe probably not, but it's all good.
Speaker 3: It's all guy.
Speaker 9: I've been hit with baseballs every part of my body, so that's kind of a new area.
Speaker 4: But it's all right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he could laugh about it now, but it was a scary situation there.
Speaker 4: Everybody was very concerned.
Speaker 5: Bretty House came over and you know, wanted to make sure his former teammate and buddy, Alex Call was okay. And then after all that took place, tim they actually moved the cage forward.
Speaker 4: Maybe they should have.
Speaker 5: Done that initially before Alex Call got hit by a ball that wrapped around the cage. So he's still on the starting lineup and he's making his first start of the season. We were joking Taascar. Hernandez came out in a hoodie and me and Alex Friedland were screaming at him, Hey, get ready, tail starts stretching, and you could joke around about it now because Call was okay.
Speaker 3: Thankfully he is okay.
Speaker 6: David is brought to you by the Ford Maverick Motor Trends in North America's Truck of the Year, the Ford Maverick everything you need in the most innovative truck with forty two miles per gallon at the best MSRP of its category. It's time to see Ford in a new light. Go to your Southern California Ford Dealers today. All right, time down to pick the ponies. David out of Santa Anita, and today is the big one, the Santa Anita Derby, the biggest day of the year out of Santa Anita. The winner of this race goes to the Kentucky Derby. It is the tenth race of the day. Seven horses in the field. Who do you like?
Speaker 5: I'm going with the number two horse, even though I can't pronounce it. I don't believe Potente Yep ridden by Juan Jay Hernandez.
Speaker 6: All right, I'm gonna go with Cherokee Nation, the one horse. So you go with the two horse. I'll go with the one horse. Good luck to you, DV. We'll check with you in just a little bit. Don't forget today is the Santa Anita Derby. Still got time to get out there with millions of payouts, full fields and exciting race action, all the stuff happening with the carnival and the infield, so much to take in.
Speaker 3: You can go there right now. Santa Anita dot Com.
Speaker 6: Slash events coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from Chris Archer.
Speaker 3: Will dive deeper to this pitching matchup.
Speaker 6: What up next you Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers Nationals on this Saturday, first pitch of one oh five. I'm Tim Kanyson's the back to back world champion. Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for La Dodgers.
Speaker 6: Faceball Dodgers in Washington, d C. Game two of this three game set, first road trip of the year, as they take on the Nationals at thirteen to six win yesterday, looking for that offense to carry over today. Tyler Klasstow on the mount first pitch coming up at one oh five.
Speaker 1: I thought it a hot dog who wants a hot cut. It's time for the hawfy Magical moment.
Speaker 3: Ditch magical.
Speaker 1: By Hawfey hot tilts Well.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers taken on the Nationals.
Speaker 6: We go back to June twenty second, twenty sixteen at Dodgers Stadium. It was the Dodgers in Nationals ninth inning when the Dodgers walked off the Nats thanks to Yasio Puigue.
Speaker 10: And the one round ball base hit into center field. Hendrick will hold it second against pass. Taylor hit rolls to the wall. Here comes Kendrick.
Speaker 1: He will score. Twig is at third.
Speaker 4: He's being stopped.
Speaker 1: He's running through the sun. Hit first one the Dot win.
Speaker 11: The Dodgers get a gift. Taylor has no play to make. He overcharged the bull didn't even slow it down. Hey, Chris Woodward could not slow yes your point down?
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 10: A most improbable win for the Dodgers in the bottom of.
Speaker 6: The ninth Yasiel Puig a walk off, two run inside the park home run as Michael A.
Speaker 3: Taylor let the ball get passed him.
Speaker 6: It was then officially ruled an air on Taylor a two run single and three base air. But no matter how you score it in the scorebook, you scored a Dodgers win back in two thousand and sixteen. This Hofey magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs, Haffey so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Haffey hot Dogs local and so great. When we come back here, I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll check back the well Rick Monday. So we're leading up to first pitch on this beautiful Saturday afternoon Easter weekend. Dodgers and Nationals, thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kayson's the back to back world champion Dodgers.
Speaker 3: Audio NELLOK, this.
Speaker 1: Is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tap on your home for the blue all season.
Speaker 6: Long long, Dodgers National Tyler Glass, now Jake Irv in the pitching matchuptime. Now for the Verrizon startup is we are thirty minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in your low price for three years so you can save big. Visit the Verizon store today.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Massey, here's La Dodgers broadcaster and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 5: Well, I guess everybody can calm down, Rick, after those thirteen runs yesterday until the game starts today.
Speaker 4: You mean to tell me that there are actually people that thought yesterday or prior to yesterday, that the sky was actually falling.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, yes, people were wondering if Otani Tucker Betts would hit under two hundred the rest of the year.
Speaker 4: I don't really think so. But how about that quartet when you look at that, and expanded to Freddie Freeman as well, I mean the Dodger's five home runs in yesterday's ballgames. That can happen all the time, of course not. But I think that if you're looking from a hitter standpoint, when you finally say okay, fine, it's finally kind of falling into place, there's probably a few guys that were thinking that yesterday because it was falling into place. And then you combine that, you know it's another come from behind victory. So this is a ball club. I have a suggestion, don't wait as long in ballgames to come back and take the lead as what they have been, because six of the seven games that they had played, the other team has scored first.
Speaker 5: Hey, I'm sure you've been in spots where you thought you were never going to get another hit or hit another home run. Even the greatest player in the game was thanking the Lord above when he came back to the dugout yesterday.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you feel like you in the locker room. There's no way to get out of it, and the lights are off and you're trying to struggle away to find it. And that's where teams have to rally around one another. I've always send this signal from hitter standpoint, that's like, if you and I are on the same team, well, maybe you're a left handed hitter like myself, and maybe you and I share notes on what we're seeing with pictures. You don't necessarily have to back from the same side as I do. But what are you seeing from that particular picture on that particular day, and you compare notes and sometimes you rally around one another as the game progresses. I get the feeling that this is a team that rallies around one another and shares notes, shares observations, and then they go after it. And once this team gets the point that they're going after it, they really get up and go after it.
Speaker 5: Another left handed hitter that kind of broke out yesterday was Kyle Tucker. You told me yesterday you felt like maybe he was surrounding the baseball, surrounding the.
Speaker 4: Ball a little bit more. And for those who just kind of understanding, instead of being short and quick right to the baseball with the barrel of the bat, is like the barrel of the bat was going around like a big circle to catch up with the ball. Surround the ball is what hitters talk about. He was a little bit more direct yesterday in doing it. The problem is when you start to surround the ball, David, you also have a tendency to a be slower. Then you think I've got to start it sooner. Then you wind up compounding the problem and you're pulling off the baseball and pulling off the baseball and pulling away from home plate?
Speaker 3: Can you feel that?
Speaker 4: As a hitter, Rick, when you're in a slump, you can't feel anything except frustration. I mean, that's sincerely. And when you're hot, it sounds weird. You'll hear hitters occasionally say this when you're red hot. When you're in that zone. Now, it may last a couple of days. Hopefully it can last a few weeks. That would be an extended period of time if it's a few weeks, But it's almost as if the base ball is moving in slow motion. And when you're in a slump, you feel as if the pictures mound is only about twenty feet in front of home plate. You just don't pick up the baseball.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, hopefully the baseball's starting to look like a beach ball now for these guys, Well, you're only as good as your last at at Rick, don't forget that. So what did you do in your last bat? Well, that's why I'm sitting here with you, me too. The dream ended quickly. Hey, Rick, it's been great to be in the clouds with you up here on the broadcast booth.
Speaker 4: Is our time up? Yes?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 5: We'll check back in with you and Steven Nelson.
Speaker 4: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, DV.
Speaker 6: Thank you about Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by city a home, preparation, precision, and unrelenting commitment to be in the best of what they do. That's what makes them a champion. City of Hope. That's their commitment. One focus hearing cancer, City of Hope. Champions of Hope. Make an appointment today at Citio Hope dot Org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck before first betch, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. Rick will be back with Stephen else can get you those keys of the game. But up next to go high and tight. But Dodger Advisor Chris Archer Dodgers Nationals first pitcher one oh five. I'm Tim Kates as the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Nationals on this Saturday afternoon. Tyler Glass now Jake Irva, the bitching Mashab'll dive deep into the numbers coming up.
Speaker 3: It's just a few minutes.
Speaker 6: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner on the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 5: It's a beautiful weekend here in our nation's capital, and certainly all smiles around the Dodgers after scoring thirteen runs yesterday. And I'm joined right now by ten years may your league veteran pitcher, two time All Star and now a big part of the Dodgers' front office. And that's the one and only Chris Archer, Benels dis Chris, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 12: Thank you, Gesse, appreciate you having me on.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is a new role for you that you certainly have embraced. How rewarding has it been for you now that you've been in the organization for a couple of years.
Speaker 12: Yeah, super rewarding in many ways. I get to help young players in player development, and whenever I'm up here with the big league team, I get to learn from the best staff in baseball. So it's really the best of both worlds. I get to learn it's on, but also get to help it's on as well.
Speaker 5: You're a perfect guy to talk to today because Tyler Glass now is on the mound. You guys were together in Tampa for a short period of time. Where have you seen the growth in Tyler since you've become part of the Dodgers' front office.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a good question. I mean, Tyler's always been super talented, even back when he was with Pittsburgh and had some struggles, He's always been super talented. I think the confidence that he has he really trusts himself. I think the success that he's had here parlayed with what he did in the World Series. He can really trust his body. He can really get out of his head when it comes to all the delivery stuff, because he's a very cerebral guy. But it seems like spring training in his first start this year, he's really out there just executing pitches and he's not thinking too much. And this is a really really good version of Glass now right now, do.
Speaker 5: You believe there was one moment in time or do you believe Like you said, coming out of the bullpen and succeeding gave him a new mindset coming into spring training.
Speaker 12: I think all players go through a long transition to really trust who they are. And it seemed like the World Series last year, specifically not just the playoffs, but the World Series, like you said, the different roles he had to serve and thrown on short rest and back to back like he never has before.
Speaker 4: I think it was that last like.
Speaker 12: Five percent that he needed to show himself that he is one of the best in the league. Now he can just go out there and trust that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it feels like he's a different guy this year. Like you said, there just seems to be a lot more clarity when you talk to him and when you look look at him.
Speaker 4: In the eyes. Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 12: I think another thing is he changes body composition a little bit. He added some weight, and he's like he has a very unique body obviously, like long limbs, very very lean. He added a little extra fat, a little extra muscle, and I think that gives him extra confidence to go out there and be healthy and kind of let his body just do his thing, rather than having all that past history be a part of his game.
Speaker 5: Chris Archer is our guest, and in spring training you would always do you know, pass bys and check in on guys like glass Now and Snelling others. When you do that, what's the purpose? What are you trying to find out?
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's a that's another really good question. Since I have a lot of crossover with player development, I'm trying to pick their brain on not their processes now, but their processes when they were developing in the minors and early in the major leagues, so that maybe we can start to implement things that they learned early in their career and help shorten our player development guy's career as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Hey, it was a great surprise to see you out here at Nationals Park. You look good in that Dodger blue and certainly a huge advantage for the Dodgers to have people like you and the organization.
Speaker 4: So thank you for the time.
Speaker 5: From Brad Paisley's house in Nashville to National's Park.
Speaker 12: You, sir, thank you for having me man there.
Speaker 1: He is the man.
Speaker 5: Chris Archer has been our guests and I'm gonna give him a gift card to Capitol Grill and Burbank, an upscale, relaxed spot with a great bar, great stakes, and great people like Chris Archer. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 4: Tim, all right, thanks a lot.
Speaker 6: DV Dodges Baseball presented by our friends at Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 3: Visit Uniclo dot com slash us.
Speaker 6: As we lead you up to first pitch on this Saturday Dodgers and Nationals Up next, we'll break down this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere.
Speaker 6: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunt game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 6: Dodgers and Nationals, Game two of this three game weekend series from our nation's capitol.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at one oh five, and.
Speaker 1: Now before the Dodgers hit the die name, we look at the pitching.
Speaker 6: Matchups brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Jake Irvin on the mound for the Nationals. One to oh three, sixty ERA twenty nine year old right hender Big Guy sixty six, fourth round pick of the Nationals in twenty eighteen at the University of Oklahoma. Sooner Boomer four season of the Big league's fastball, curveball, sinker, cutter, slider chains that throws them all last year. Made thirty three starts. First start this year five innings, two runs, three hits, seven strikeouts in a win over the Cubs last Sunday at Wrigley Field. He is two and two at the four sixty four ERA and thirty strikeouts and six career starts against the Dodgers. Tyler Glass now on the mound for the Blue no wins, no losses three. Eer Ray made one start this year. That was against the Diamondbacks where he went out there and pitched six innings, two runs, four hits, six strikeouts, had a no decision, left with the two to nothing deficit. Dodgers win the game three to two. One of those comeback wins against the Snakes. Thirty two year old right hander now in his eleventh season in the Big League and already his third with the Dodgers. He has won two rings in his first two years with the Blue. He has faced the Washington Nationals seven times, one and one six to forty nine ERA. Last faced him April of last year, got roughed up six runs on eight hits in five innings of work.
Speaker 3: Tyler Glass Now.
Speaker 6: Jake Irvin the pitching matchup Game two of this three game series from Washington, d C. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game, our next don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kates is.
Speaker 3: The back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tap on your home for the Blue All season.
Speaker 3: Low Dodgers and Nationals.
Speaker 6: Tyler Glass Now and Jake Irvan the pitching matchup came two of this three game set. As we're getting ready for the start of the game where the Sapporo starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great moments, start with Sapporo beer. Whatever your taste preference.
Speaker 6: Toporo has you cover with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. No time better than right now to Poplin open Sapporo. Good with sushi, great with baseball. It's head back out to the booth. Steven Nelson Rip Monday, guys.
Speaker 2: All right, TC, we are approaching first pitch here at Nationals Park. Game two this three game series for the Dodgers against the Nationals. They took care of business on the net's opening day Friday with an outstanding showing from the Dodger lineup. And now they're going to try and continue that trend what they did MO against Miles Michaelis against Jake Irvin today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I think game plan they stayed with it. They're gonna have to understand again as they did yesterday with Michaels, who throws on the curve balls. Bank Irvin is a little bit different pitcher this year than what they saw last year. He worked in the offseason with a big sweeper with some of the pitching coaches. Throws a lot of curve balls to begin with. In fact, you look at the last two years, only one starting pitcher that qualifies in this area has thrown more curve balls than he has. So we're going to be finding out what happens to that end of it. On the flip side of the coin, we look at Tyler Glassnow, the high percentage of strikeouts is something that I looked at, in fact looked at it this morning and found this one with two strikes, his strikeout rate is fifty seven percent. Now that's over the last three years. Who is right behind him, Garrett Crochet and Trek Skoobel. So it shows you, I mean, he's in a late company. We look at strikeout rate per innings pitched.
Speaker 2: Also has a big home run rate, a league high thirty eight home runs allowed last year by Jake Irvin and already two in a one start this year, a couple solo shots at Brigby Field in his first start against the Cubs. He mentioned the breaking balls, tim as you get it back to you. One note. Yesterday the Dodgers looked great against breakers. They had nine hits against breaking balls on Friday, the most hits the Dodgers have produced on breaking pitches since the twenty twenty four season, back against the Giants that year. All right, game two, getting ready for it.
Speaker 4: It's underway, shortly.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you, Nelly, as we leads up to first pitch. Don't forget Dodger fans.
Speaker 6: After the game is over, David Beatsain's got you covered with all the postgame highlights, reaction and of course Dodger take as well. With the Dodgers looking to do what they did yesterday, pound out some runs thirteen runs, sixteen hits five home runs. More of that, please, Dodgers Nationals. Next for our nation's capital. I'm Tim Katson. This is the back to back world champion Dodgers Audio Network