Speaker 1: You're listening to bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty Funkfi.
Speaker 2: AM six forty bill Handle Here it is a footy Friday, November fourteenth, Ask Candle anything at eight thirty this morning. And some of the stories we're looking at, well, a big one here in southern California is the rain. We're going to get rain, unfortunately, probably too much rain and too short a period of time, and Amy will be talking about it and.
Speaker 3: You'll be step outside.
Speaker 2: You know, well, I have no problem realizing that we've got a lot of rain coming down now. AT and T is in California is the telephone company of last resort. Now what does that mean? Well, that means it has landlines, copper landlines, and when everything goes.
Speaker 3: Down, it's the last resort.
Speaker 2: And it's expensive to keep copper landlines going because the other companies don't have it Mobile, T Mobile doesn't have it, Hoverizon, they don't have copper landlines. Of course, all internet based voiceover internet based phone calls. AT and T, which of course does that too, wants to get rid of their copper landlines. Now, let me tell you why I think copper landlines are so great. And I have always had a landline because when everything goes down, when the internet goes down, when your power goes out.
Speaker 3: Guess what you have left? Your landline.
Speaker 2: Your landline, you can reach people, they can reach you if they have one. It's the last resort. And of course guess what AT and T wants to do. It wants to get rid of those landlines. And it is spending big money lobbying uh for that to happen. And so far, uh, they have not been able to kill the land lines, and they're they're pushing to retire the landlines across the country.
Speaker 3: It's so important to have those. I have always. Uh.
Speaker 2: Obviously I have internet phones, we all do, or we have all cell phones. But when your cell phone goes down, and towers do go down, when your internet goes down, when you don't have power in your house anymore, any one of those, you're done.
Speaker 3: You're done.
Speaker 2: Except if you have a landline. You don't need power for your landline because the phone company provides the power. The technology is such and they're saying the only reason is that we're pulling out. Well, certainly it's cost effective to pull out, because it is really expensive to maintain the copper lines.
Speaker 3: What they're saying is we only what we want.
Speaker 2: To do is pull out of those areas where you really don't need us. For example, in communities where three or more providers also provide phone service. The problem is those three or four providers are all Internet based. And if you ever notice that whenever you go into an elevator the telephone that you do that you press the button and it dials nine to one one or these days it dials the it dials the elevator company.
Speaker 3: Those are all an lines.
Speaker 2: Because you have to have if you're an on elevator and the power goes out in the building, I mean, you've got to be able to reach someone. And so it ends up being, uh, that's the only one that the only syste that works. And there's a huge fight going on, and AT and T is spending enormous dollars and somehow they're spinning it that it's good not to have landlines, somehow it's better for you. And I've never understood that kind of philosophy. This is the corporations do this. Smoking is good for you. Big Pharma says, you know, reducing prices for drugs is bad for you. Keeping prices high are good for you or is good for you, And that's what's going on. And they're just saying it's way too expensive. Okay, So as AT and T says this is way too expensive, there was this October a month ago filing with the US Securities Exchange Commission that it's at this point nine point seven billion dollar profit this year. Up to this point nine point seven seven billion dollars profit. Fiber is a huge profit center that's bringing in two point two billion, up nearly seventeen percent.
Speaker 3: And that's what AT and T is saying. Tell you what, we will replace copper with fiber. It's better.
Speaker 2: The delivery system is clear, yes, but again you lose power. Fiber doesn't work, you lose cell phones doesn't.
Speaker 3: Work, landlines work.
Speaker 2: They are truly a lifesaver a land line, There's no question about it. And I've always had one. And you know what I think can get them anymore? I don't know if they're I mean they're doing everything they can to say no.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: If you go to England, for example, the Naval Museum, and I think it's the one in London, you'll see a lock of Horatio Nelson's hair, of which you can actually get DNA from hair.
Speaker 3: If you go to Munich.
Speaker 2: Or Berlin, you will not see a lock of Adolf Hitler's mustache. So how do you get DNA from Adolf Hitler to study Adolf Hitler. Well, let me tell you what happened in nineteen forty five Hitler's bunker. Hitler commits suicide and he blows his brains out in his bunker in this little room, the ante room that he has is private area where he and Eva Braun lived in their apartment kind of thing. And he blows his brain out. That blows his brains out, and the blood, of course, pours all over the couch. Now you've got a guy who worked for Dwight D. Eisenhower who was there, and the Russians who were in control of the bunker allowed him. That's Army Colonel Roswell Rosengren and allowed him to go into the bunker where Hitler committed suicide. Now, Hitler's body in need or Brown's body was burnt outside. Had some of his underlings, poor Gasoline Oliver and just burned his body.
Speaker 3: So we don't know. And that's basically gone parts and pieces.
Speaker 2: Baby, But that's under a parking lot someplace in Berlin. So he took a swatch of the couch that was soaked in blood, and it stayed in the family and it was sold at auction and ended up going to the Gettysburg.
Speaker 3: Museum of History in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: And a researcher in England, try King, a professor at the University of Bath who identifies folks like King Richard the third he did. He got the DNA and started studying Hitler's DNA. It looks like the analysis is that Hitler had a mutation on a gene called pro K two and variants.
Speaker 3: This cause Calman syndrome.
Speaker 2: And something called congeneral congenital hibognaotrophic.
Speaker 3: Forget about it.
Speaker 2: Basically, it delays puberty and causes undescended text testicles. It looks like Hitler may very well have had a scrote in which the testicles never left the scrot. King said, basically they're characterized. These are characterized by low testosterone levels. People that have this you either don't go through puberty or you go through a partial puberty, and five percent are associated.
Speaker 3: With micro penis.
Speaker 2: Now, this is when I got very depressed, and I said let's stop looking at this article right now. It's getting a little bit too personal. But I went forward because this is important historical news. We have to know what happened to Hitler. By the way, the whole sofa is in Russia. Now it's at some museum in Russia, because it was the Russians that in fact controlled Berlin. Also, he noted there was a medical document that had been produced Hitler was in prison in nineteen twenty three, where after the what's called the beer Hall Putsch or Pooch, in which a push in which he tried to overcome over tried to have this revolution that was going to overthrow the government in the Weimar Republic, and it didn't work. It didn't work, so he ended up in prison, and he wrote mind komf in prison, and that medical condition said that Hitler had right side crypto chiddhism crypto chitism. I don't know how that's pronounced either, And that's a condition in which the testicle fails to descend into the scrotum.
Speaker 3: So now we have pretty good evidence that.
Speaker 2: Hitler's balls were balls, and his penis wasn't a penis.
Speaker 3: It was a penis.
Speaker 2: It was a little bitty penis, and maybe that's why he got so upset.
Speaker 1: He was about a half adosterone make you like violent and like toxic masculinity only for women. I see when they load up testosterone with them.
Speaker 2: Yes, anyway, so it looks like that he probably did, and it's a big news.
Speaker 3: What do you do with that? I have absolutely no idea.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of fun knowing that Hitler may very well have had a micro penis. By the way, what is the difference between a small penis and a micro penis. I don't know the difference unless a micro penis is a small, small, small penis. That's probably it. Okay, I just wanted to share that with you. No Hitler news can't beat that. Moving on, Oh, the President loves pardons. I mean, he just thinks they're the greatest thing in the world. And anybody who is an ally or a friend gets pardoned. Fifteen hundred or twelve hundred of those lovely people who attacked the capital and overran the capitol all pardoned because they are all heroes. Just a bunch of Giuliani just got pardon. Sidney Powell got pardoned. I mean, the President's issue hundreds of pardoners already, and so it's not just him pardoning. When we talk about him pardoning allies. Who is a big ally of the president, well, it happens to be with it happens to be Natanyahu and Netta Yahoo is looking at some big problems. Netta Yahu is on trial right now for corruption. Now he's been on trial for corruptions since twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: But much like our president is, you can't do much.
Speaker 2: Authorities can't do much while there is a sitting president or sitting prime minister.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people in.
Speaker 2: Israel argue that the reason that that Jen Yahoo kept the war going is so he wouldn't lose the premiership and there therefore he's right in the middle of the trial as a non premier, which means he's looking at a world of hurt.
Speaker 3: So what does the president want to do. Well, he wants to.
Speaker 2: Pardon Nitsa Yahu, but he can't because Nisan Yaho is Israeli. So he writes a letter to Isaac Hersog, the president of Israel. Now Israel has a president. You never hear about that because the president is effectively just a front for Israel.
Speaker 3: But he's head of state. The power is with the premiership.
Speaker 2: The the what am I looking for?
Speaker 3: The non power?
Speaker 2: It's like the Queen Elizabeth, or excuse me, it's like the king in England. It's just someone who's head of state and is someone who represents the country. Well, the same thing with Isaac Hersog. He is the president and he's the only one that can pardon. And what does our president do, writes a letter, I hereby call on you to fully part but Benjamin Natanyahu, who has been a formidable and decisive wartime prime minister. While I absolutely respect the independence of the Israeli justice system and its requirements, I believe that this case against Bbe, who has fought alongside me for a long time, including against the very tough adversary of Israel Iran, is a political unjustified persecution or prosecution. Yeah, and nata Yah who follows that course of thinking when it is a political prosecution, it's well, basically a witch hunt, isn't it. The prosecution against him is a witch hunt.
Speaker 3: It is a hoax. It's not real.
Speaker 2: And so what the president is doing is saying, hey, let's let's let this.
Speaker 3: Guy out, get him off the hook. This trial is basically a sham.
Speaker 2: It's his political opponents who are going after him. Sound familiar, yep, it sure does. So what does the president of Israel do well? He writes back and says that, first of all, he holds Trump in the highest regard, But anyone seeking a presidential pardon must submit a formal request through the proper procedures. And that's the case here in the United States. Also, for the most part, is anybody requesting a pardon goes through the Department of Justice.
Speaker 3: They have a pardon department.
Speaker 2: There are people who actually there are attorneys that sit on this pardon board, if you will, and then the recommendation goes up because as you can imagine, how many people who have been convicted of federal and are sitting in prison are asking the president for a pardon. You betcha lots and lots of them. So Nettigna, who has three cases against him, they're all going to be the same. He has provided benefits, including regulatory ones, to wealthy businessmen in exchange for favorable media coverage. There is corruption. He has accepted money and gifts. And that's Natanya who you know he's going down. I think he's going down. Remember Mosha Diane, Does that name sound familiar? Convicted of corruption, a lot of corruption in Israel. All Right, something really weird is going on with the luxury electric vehicle market. They ain't selling the luxury vehicles. Now you'd think that the lower priced electric cars are doing okay, and they are. Problem is, companies don't make much money on lower price vehicles. It's the high end stuff that didn't make all the money. But let me give you an example. A few years ago, Ford thought it had a big hit with the F one fifty Lightning electric pickup truck as the most sold vehicle in America and has been for a zillion years.
Speaker 3: And the Lightning came in and it.
Speaker 2: Started pretty good, started pretty well, and then it just collapsed wide because the end of September, federal tax credits disappeared. Also the HOV lanes. You can't drive your electric car on the HOV lanes anymore, and frankly, that had a lot to do with it. So the expensive cars, the evs have now stopped selling, and I mean have stopped selling. For example, and I have this written here and this is a real interesting one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: US electric vehicle sales fell thirty three percent this year from a year before. Sixty four thousand, five hundred. That's it, sixty four thousand evs sold across the board in the US, the F one fifty Lightning went down twelve percent. Fifteen hundred cars, that's it, fifteen hundred trucks. My favorite one is Accura. They're ZDX. Have you ever seen a ZDX? I have no idea what a ZDX even looks like. It's the high end Accura. They sold a whopping twenty five cars this year so far. This is a major car manufacturer. Twenty five cars. And it's not your three hundred thousand dollars maybeck either, it's a well, it's pretty high up there. So the seventy five hundred dollars tax credit, which has disappeared, actually is a pretty small amount of money for someone who's buying an eighty thousand dollars car.
Speaker 3: But what ended up happening.
Speaker 2: You buy an expensive car and you get a tax credit, then what you do is you lease it, and that's what I did. And so people who bought high end cars and I bought a relatively high end car.
Speaker 3: I have a.
Speaker 2: All EV Beamer, which I am not going to have an EV anymore because for me, it's the HIV lane. I used to love the HOV lane. Done, just finished. I still like the idea of plugging in my car.
Speaker 3: But do you know what? You know what this they never talk about.
Speaker 2: You hear the car dealers, and you hear commercials, and you hear people that talk about and companies that talk about the benefit of evs, and that is you're not using electricity. I mean, you're not using gasoline. And if you happen to have a solar system at home, which I do, then.
Speaker 3: My power for my car is free. I pay nothing.
Speaker 2: So I have eighteen thousand miles on my car, and the tires went south on me after eighteen thousand miles, so I had to buy new tires north of two thousand dollars for tires. And I go into the Beamer dealership and I say, how do you how do tires wear out at eighteen thousand miles?
Speaker 3: He goes, really, you.
Speaker 2: Got eighteen thousand miles out of your tires, congratulations, Because what's not told to us is those cars weigh a ton and they are they wear out the tires.
Speaker 3: Tire just don't laugh.
Speaker 2: So when they talk about how much money you save on gasoline, you've got to add the cost of tires that go south very very quickly. Evs are not that great a bargain, and it's I thought they were the panacea.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go to a hybrid, a plug in hybrid.
Speaker 2: Next time out, and for the first time in probably twenty five years, I'm not going to buy a foreign car.
Speaker 3: Just not going to do it.
Speaker 2: It looks like I'm going to buy a GM. Go figure huh and buy a used GM already being used. And we talked about that with Joel Larsgard and how it makes sense to buy a used car, and it does because the second you drive off the lot, I mean literally, as you leave the lot, if you're buying a new car and you pull out of the driveway, it has been reduced in value ten thousand dollars. You get into a car accident, and you know, I get questions like that I left that I I was plowed into. Therefore I should get all my money. Yeah, you are going to get all your money at ten ten thousand dollars less because that's the value of the car.
Speaker 3: But but but but what do I do? We get?
Speaker 2: Gap insurance is what you do and no one, no one does that. All right, we're done with that. I just want to report to you the big mistake I bade. Foody Friday, coming right up with Neil Savedra. You'll also hear Neil tomorrow afternoon two to five pm. Let's have fun, Let's rumble. Kf I am six forty.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app