Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Power Trip Mony Show live on December twenty fourth of twenty twenty five. Mark Parrish, good morning, Good morning guys, Marker Fox, Mark Parrish, Mark Parrish, Parker Fox By, Mark Prifriend, Merry Christmas. We were just watching Sports Center and the San Antonio Spurs and Victor Wembanyama the freak. They might be ready, we'll see. They took down Oklahoma City last night. Right, the Wolves did it last Friday, but the Spurs did it last night. All right, this isn't a sports show though, We're not breaking down Spurs. Okay, see that might be the Western Conference finals, who knows, we'll see. But the Spurs did the freaking skull chant. They started the new bit. They're like, hey, we came up with this new bit.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 1: And Wemby bang's a drum and the Spurs fans are all doing the skull chant and they're acting like, hey, look at what we made. I just said this to a Parker and Sauce off there. When the Vikings started the skull chant, they took it from what an icelandic h football team or something, Right, they do it.
Speaker 2: They I remember them.
Speaker 1: They went out of their way to show that Iceland was like cool with it, you know, like they passed the torch.
Speaker 2: Remember they had the Mountain be a part of it.
Speaker 1: They had videos of like that team saying like we want the Vikings to have this, like we are so honored to pass this on to you. It was like a torch passing. Yes, yes, you guys are the Vikings. It's the Minnesota Vikings. This makes sense, this, this fits the vibe ice people. Snow people, let's go do the skull chant and the Spurs are down there in San Antenna going let's bang a drumming clap.
Speaker 2: I came up with this one year old French kid, right cor exactly.
Speaker 1: Somebody sniped it in they're trying to claim their ideas their own.
Speaker 2: Yeah, brutal and just admit you stole it.
Speaker 1: And if they call it the Spurs Chance third instead of the skull chant, what are they calling it?
Speaker 2: What a joke? So Wemby's on the court banging the drum and they're all clapping, Oh man, that's that's our bit.
Speaker 3: Kind of that kind of sucks. Anyways, Chris, you're on Creeso's list for sure.
Speaker 2: Sorry. The Spur stole of the school. Come on, man, don't do that.
Speaker 1: We just talked about Brian Harper a couple of days ago, because he's off to Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: My guess is Harper went out of his way and talked to a billion people to make sure we could take.
Speaker 2: The school chant from from Iceland.
Speaker 3: Is there any percent of Wemby that knows the Vikings do that chant?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Way? Right? No? Is there any percent knows what the Vikings?
Speaker 4: What's a better chance parish knows who Wemby plays for or that.
Speaker 2: And just name it. I don't think you want to know. We'll never know.
Speaker 4: Parker Beetts said, we went to five point thirty on September twelve, twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: I think the move to six was when we went to FM no.
Speaker 4: Because then we moved to FM in twenty eleven or is that twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Parker was just telling me things about my family history off the air that I didn't know, So like I don't know about my own family tree, how would I know about my history here at KFA, And I have.
Speaker 2: No idea You're going to learn a lot this Christmas.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: I've known you for twenty years. Parker's known you for half a day and knows everything about you.
Speaker 2: He works with my brother.
Speaker 1: Now, my brother just unloaded all this stuff, and Parker's like, man, you're your great grandfather.
Speaker 2: That thing's crazy. I'm like, I have no idea. Your daughter, you're going to learn this Christmas. So apparently this Christmas is I have a lot of questions for my brother.
Speaker 1: Damn man, not to learn there's murder in my family. I can't wait to hear about this. No, I'm excited for you. Yeah, hell are you talking?
Speaker 2: It was such a fun quest. What if I go to Christmas and I go, so, Mark, what is what is the deal?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: What is what's our family tree? I was just messing with Parker. Now everything you told you was a lie.
Speaker 3: That was probably a fifteen minute conversation with me and a couple other people, and he was just unloaded at all and we were like in deep, we were loving it.
Speaker 2: So I hope, oh man, I hope he was lying. That would be great, That would be great making stuff up. Guys are something the whole way exactly, such a good movie. Usual suspects.
Speaker 3: I don't know, Parker, you're in for one.
Speaker 1: And don't look it up because it is kind of a famous nineties movie and if you if you accidentally see something about that movie, it kind of ruins it. So don't look it up. If you're going to ever actually watch it. It is Kevin Spacey, so that's problematic.
Speaker 2: But still, yeah, try and look overlook that.
Speaker 3: It's fantastic though. Yeah, sounds good. I'm excited for Marty Supreme.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of him too, Zacho Timothy Shallow, Oh yeah, yeah, I've heard there's nudity.
Speaker 2: Like uh rear end and uh not Sean well rear end. I am dB parents. Can I ask you a question? Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 4: If there was full frontal, would you go today midnight release.
Speaker 2: Midnight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, then you'd be six to midnight. Okay, so let's see here. This is the title of the podcast. Yeah's see your sex scene brief unity. There's a sex scene in the shower. Yeah, yeah, it's moderate. I don't know why I'm hooked caught up on how he said that. But if if Saucey were like, hey, if you watched.
Speaker 1: The new season of Euphoor you just Sydney Swing, you get naked, I'd be like, yes, rear end. Yeah, he says, rear end you describing what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, my mom would say that exactly exactly, Minnesota mom say rear end. Yes.
Speaker 4: Marty takes off his pants and has bent over a table his butts had with a ping pong paddle, repeatedly.
Speaker 1: Whoa full mail room? This is fan thing Tommy picked? That's Marty Supreme exact sax. Come on, he doesn't get spanked with a paddle, Well.
Speaker 2: We lost Tommy just as spank him with a paddle. Looking for every spoilers on IMDb.
Speaker 1: In scene seven, Marty Supreme sees how many ping pong balls he can fit in his mouth. Then his rear end is exposed and it's paddles.
Speaker 2: Oh oh god, Tommy just picked up pick pick pickle for sure? Hey?
Speaker 1: Are we should we do? Should we do the news? Or is this just a throwaway segment? I never know if we're supposed to stay on schedule, we do these condensed shows, like is this supposed to be the news?
Speaker 2: It's supposed to be? Do you want me to play?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: Do the bit?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: News with Chris Hockey presented by the twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: IIHF World Junior Championship. What is that? I got the flags and the rafters.
Speaker 4: They were as soon as the wild game is done, they're changing all the stuff over there, digging up the ice and putting new logos in. It's here, boys and girls. Friday five o'clock. You can hear on the fan US versus Germany. I'm sorry, I'm the plus KFAM plus FMNET six point seven, but you should go there as well. World Juniors M two six dot com tickets are still available and they have some great affordable prices.
Speaker 2: So so my sources say.
Speaker 1: That Zach Halverson, you might be doing a little bit of radio involved with the World Juniors.
Speaker 2: That is correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, FNNT six point seven, KFAM and mar Parish.
Speaker 1: That's where I was going. My sources say, Mark Parrish, you're also involved.
Speaker 2: I am, I am.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to it working with Zach and calling some of these World Junior games.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Last night I was watching some of the preseason games and man, that international hockey. There's there's just something about it. The intensity. Uh, there's just a little bit extra when you're playing for your country.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool. I want to play for my country. What would you play for your country tattle.
Speaker 2: Ball initial is going to make the Olympics.
Speaker 1: I mean, technically, if you win a World Series of Poker bracelet, at the bracelet ceremony, they do play that country's national anthem.
Speaker 2: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: So that would be the closest I ever get is if I get a bracelet, and it's not gonna happen. But if I ever get a technically, the whole room has to stand up and listen to the American national anthem.
Speaker 2: So what Blake wins? When you'll hear?
Speaker 4: Sure he'll win, He'll win it. He'll win the main event, Core Blake.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but why can't I win the main event?
Speaker 2: You'll win something, Thanks buddy, you got it. Man. And my great great grandfather might have committed murder. Ye well might have. You'll never know, or you will know very soon.
Speaker 4: Snoop Dogg will be adding NBA analysts to his resume.
Speaker 2: Next month, he joins the NBC's.
Speaker 1: Guy I thought you were gonna say he'll be joining the NBA analyst Ernie Johnson on stage halftime tomorrow US Bank Stadium. No, Ernie was gonna do G's in Hustlers. The entire second.
Speaker 4: Verse, so good but this is even more of a raising to try to get him up in the booth to add NFL Radio Yes announcer to his resume. So Snoop Dogg, if you're listening, more than welcome to swing by and say hi to Pa Pete and all the fun people up in the kfame.
Speaker 2: But it's gonna be great. But yeah.
Speaker 4: He'll join the NBC's Peacock broadcast for the January fifth game between Golden State and the Clippers. Superwl team up with Terry Gannon and Reggie Miller called the second half of the game. The rapper and businessman calls the opportunity a dream come true, and it's shaping up to be a busy twenty twenty six for Stimp, as he will return NBC for the Winter Olympic Olympics coverage. We'll serve as the first ever honorary coach for Team USA.
Speaker 1: Parker, where do you and your generation stand on Snoop? I like Snoop, I I couldn't name like too many songs. I've listened to enough Snoop to know like Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 3: And now they're bringing him back with some of like the twitch streamers and you know they're trying to.
Speaker 2: Kind of keep his thing alive.
Speaker 3: I'm cool with it, but I'd think, like if you were to ask five years younger than me, they'd.
Speaker 2: Be like, not sure.
Speaker 3: Whatever, Yeah, yeah, it happens, og though, Snoop o G.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the best Geezers, great song, the best, so good.
Speaker 3: I love that he's going to try every single job on the planet first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 1: And young Snoop would have his mind blown looking at twenty twenty five Snoop schedule.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but he would love the cash, love the cash.
Speaker 1: Ninety five Snoops Like, do you know how much weed I can buy with the money.
Speaker 2: I'm making in the twenty first century? Isn't he altum?
Speaker 4: With Howard once and said he has a guy that he pays like six figures to roll joints.
Speaker 1: I think you've told me that, so I don't know if i've heard it's I think i've heard it through you, that he has a professional joint roller. That's sweet. That's what I would hire Randy to do if I ever won the lottery. Maybe that is your plan, b rolling joints. I'm not that good at it.
Speaker 4: You had something, they have all these apparatuses that you just basically put the weed in on top and then roll it in like press. You are correct, yes, Carrie, and we would have to. I mean somebody who remained nameless. One time we were at Alpine Valley seen David to sit like a hundred degree car trying to roll one.
Speaker 2: That was a disaster.
Speaker 1: Dov no Garlar, no Marlar, no scene Bear, no Big Captain, no Tree, no Sean, no Luke, no Randy no correct Yep, almost ran out of people. He did it though, but it was it was warm.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: But now you just put it in like a device and wrap roll in it. It's already or you can buy him now.
Speaker 1: These kids today, yeah, they don't know fre you rolled enrolled weed.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: The twenty twenty six NFL Pro Bowl rosters have been released. Baltimore Ravens, Denver Broncos, forty nine Ers, Seahawks each had the most Pro bowlers with six players.
Speaker 2: The Jets of Saints and.
Speaker 4: The Minnesota Vikings did not have any players earn the honor. That's uh, we don't have to dive deep into it because it's Christmas Eve. That's really bad. With how much money you spent in the offseason. That's really cood.
Speaker 1: It's a pretty strong indication because we have one of the two or three best wide receivers in football that we have had bad quarterback play because Justin's been healthy and upright and he's not in the Pro Bowl and that's not that's like he should only miss the Pro Bowl if he misses eight games or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, your bet looks good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel about it. Even with Brosmer. They're going to feed him. Yeah, they'll feed him.
Speaker 2: He is going to do everything he can to get just into it thout, sure, but left tackle. No, it's going to be quarterback.
Speaker 1: But he only needs what forty two a game? Yeah, forty two a game.
Speaker 4: Over the last two you probably want of Hopkinson, that's one last person to throw the ball to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll you'll.
Speaker 1: Probably just do wide receiver screens and get it and right or again, who cares, just let it rip?
Speaker 2: Just bomb it? Isn't it nuts?
Speaker 1: By the way, think of how bad this Viking season has been, how frustrating it's been.
Speaker 2: You know that game that they blew against.
Speaker 1: The Bears where they scored late and then the kickoff with the Bears and blah blah, blah. If that game flips, we have the same record as the Lions. Yeah, the place, how much the Lions seems so much better than the Vikings. Yeah, and there's a one game different, So I've just picked a random game. But that game flips the Vikings way and they're both eight and seven and or two and.
Speaker 3: Zer against Chicago, who looks like to be a yeah, a little bit of a wagon right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: That's more of an indictment on the Bears than a pro Vikings take. Man, how are the Lions eight and seven? Well, they have no offensive line, Yeah, that's why. And Gof's got thirty two touchdowns and five picks and they're going to miss the posting.
Speaker 4: As you said yesterday that if you said that and you didn't know anything else, you go, well, that's what are they the number one?
Speaker 2: Probably number one? No, they're not going to make the playoffs. Incredible year going to waste, I know, uh sports in a second with Sauce. Parker is here, Parish is here.
Speaker 1: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the fan. It's Christmas Eve morning. We're just ripping wives and friends and whatnot. That's what we did. I love how Perry goes.
Speaker 4: Anybody else got to get their wives today, and none of us raise our hand out.
Speaker 1: We're all like, don dude, we're not already.
Speaker 2: Yes, sos, you had a big night last night. Let you talk you about it during sports. I'd love to.
Speaker 6: It's time for a fan five on the Power Trip presented by All Around, your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 5: The Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Knicks one fifteen, one oh four, ant have thirty eight, the victory cat had forty. The Wolves will play Denver tomorrow on Christmas Day at nine thirty pm.
Speaker 2: Yuh hideous And you were there. I was.
Speaker 4: It was an outstanding time. Shout out to my guy, Charlie Swanson, a plus human. He's basically not my brother from another mother. Great dude. We had a great time. So you guys were what upper upper deck it work? No, we were feet on the floor. We sat next to Rudy's mom, Billyshi, and Spike Lee was like three or four rows down.
Speaker 1: So you sat next to you, me meet Sauce. Paul Embert sat next to Charlie. You sat next to Billy Sushi. Yep, Rudy Gobert's mom three or four seats down from Spike Lee yep, and you were what two seats away from Nick Rosen So Walach's dad was there too, Oh, Brandon. Yeah, and then Grazy met him last Friday. Yeah, great dude. And then yeah, Rosie and his kiddo Rosie was there as well. It's a ten out of ten great human DJ six sevens a great dude.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then I saw Rosie and it was great. Where was he? He was right next to me court side?
Speaker 4: Oh court side yeah, and uh his son and keep pushing Rosie's feeding because he was.
Speaker 2: Like it was it was awesome.
Speaker 4: You don't realize in perk you know this, you played how huge those humans are. One goes up there and Rose and go Bear goes and lends into it, and I'm like, this is it's there huge.
Speaker 1: But there's people like Parker that walk and you're like, oh, that's a tall dude. It's a tall dude. But Parker, since you've played against like Zach Edy, there are there's that there's that other group of basketball players that aren't just Parker tall, they're thick. Yeah, I'm sure Zach Edy is one of them. I've said this before. I'll say it again. I have never in my life seen someone look less like a human because they just look like they're a cartoon than Yao Ming. Yeah, Yao Ming looked like he was from another planet. You're like, this can't be the same species as me. He's thirty feet tall. His legs are tree trunks, right, because most super tall guys are like Wemby where they're like toothpicks. He had like tree trunk legs.
Speaker 2: Like, this can't be a human.
Speaker 1: This is this is this guy's from another planet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how can you stop that guy?
Speaker 4: And it was cool to see ant up close, like he'd you know, he would shoot at three and he'd be right there.
Speaker 2: It was sweet. His hands sign.
Speaker 4: He was doing it towards everybody, and at one point he like did it to his brother. I think sits behind us and he's doing this like right at me, and I just go.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute, Anthony Edwards' brother sit sat last night behind Yes.
Speaker 4: He sits by, he sits in the row behind him. Yeah, he must be rough different. Yeah, it was sweet though.
Speaker 1: Who else besides Zachi y did you run into across your college basketball career where you're like, man, is this guy a freak.
Speaker 2: Hunter Dickinson was a tall guy to hurt. I was going to get Hunter.
Speaker 3: Dickinson seven seven to one, seven to two. But then it's like these these kids that are like six eleven but they have like the seven eight wingspan. So it's like I had a teammate from from Germany who was I think he was six' ten like with like a seven seven wingspan and just like you think you can get a shot, off and then their arms just like extend and they keep on extended gadget and then they have LIKE i don't have huge hands or, feet but you talk about guys with like size eighteen nineteen feet and just like massive hands that just like in golf of. Basketball and then all the guys in THE nba have. That so, yeah it's it's. Ridiculous courtside experience is one of the, yeah one of the really sweet things to super.
Speaker 2: Experiences there's nothing like.
Speaker 3: It and the amount of crap those guys talk to one, another and they talked to the rafts like, yeah it's.
Speaker 1: And did you did you ever have a weird interaction we're a fan where somebody, tripped you stepped on, you you stepped on them there was some bad blood trash. Talking did you ever want to go Dk metcalf and punch somebody in the face OR.
Speaker 2: I never got.
Speaker 3: There although we were At michigan once And Dawson, garcia who is obviously one of our best, players our best, player he closed out for a three and on the tape you can watch, back there's like A michigan fan that sticks his foot out And dawson lands on it and he twists his ankle and it was. INTENTIONAL i mean it looked like it definitely looked like it's. Us dawson definitely thought it. Was he was ready to fight the guy the whole. Pit but, no nothing's ever happened to. ME i just, like, yeah, yeah, yeah no more games in my. Future but just got a lot of people telling me to go On LinkedIn and a bunch of other. Stuff some guy At Michigan state wore A LinkedIn jersey and then put my number at my name about the back.
Speaker 2: Of the sad court. Side it was. Hilarious that is, funny but yeah it.
Speaker 1: Was it was a badass. Experience, yeah it's must be.
Speaker 2: Nice yeah it Was. Paris did you get? INVITED i, Know zach new you.
Speaker 1: Know, Yes, No i'll never probably said court, side oh, man that was that's?
Speaker 4: Fine, YEAH i don't you, know it's. Okay i'll ask my new best. Friend he's a super nice. Man i'll ask. Him him AND i are tight now because he also likes to Rip. Rosy it's the universal. Bond, yeah, yeah, yeah he's enjoying. Them.
Speaker 1: Yeah all the people in pluribis the same Way rosy and it makes the entire world feel.
Speaker 4: Better they don't say anything, mean but except for when they hammer on, THAT i don't even think they say.
Speaker 2: It they just feel. It, yeah they just feel. It, yeah it.
Speaker 4: Was oh guess who also was in? There WHO i SAW i didn't say anything. TO i don't think At Target. CENTER i think may have saw Me.
Speaker 1: Target, center At Target, center sitting the court in The Lexus, club media member or celebrity or.
Speaker 2: Neither, JOHNSON.
Speaker 4: I mean somebody Who i've said a lot of mean things. About, No, no.
Speaker 2: He's In. ARIZONA i thought a good, point good.
Speaker 1: Time that's just my knee jerk reaction to SOMEBODY i said a lot of meat thinks about somebody you've said a lot of mean things about.
Speaker 2: The lead singer On marci.
Speaker 1: Playground, no hang, on let me get this has Billions, dad he's enjoying The.
Speaker 2: Oh one of the pole Ads, No.
Speaker 4: Joe right WHEN i walk, IN i, Look i'm, like Oh, god BECAUSE i. Might and my wife is, like what if he said something to? YOU i, go he probably doesn't care or know WHO i, am but BE i would just say the THING i always.
Speaker 2: SAY i didn't think i'd ever run into. You hide behind the. Bike the guy From love Is blind THAT i just.
Speaker 4: Savage and THEN i ran into him on the fourth Of july and he was an absolute todd to, me And i'm, like, sorry, MAN i didn't THINK i ever run into. You, no he's. Great him and his wife are. Great the other, Guy, zach who's the other guy that nobody liked From love Is? Blind, no nobody knows even in the top five of attractive.
Speaker 2: Ones this was before our.
Speaker 1: Time but you you remember the concept of the game show this Is Your?
Speaker 2: Life oh, yeah?
Speaker 1: Absolutely how awesome would it be if Maybe saucea's birthday next year or?
Speaker 2: Something oh dear, lord we just opened the door here to the.
Speaker 1: STUDIOS a kfan and in Walks Joe polad and takes a, seat and then then in WALKS. Pj fleck and he takes his. Seat and then in walks the lead singer Of Marcy playground and he takes a. Seat then we get the guy who was the lead in A christmas story and he comes.
Speaker 2: In he sits, down and we just have a nice little conversation with.
Speaker 1: Poll ad And fleck And Marci playground And christmas story guy and say.
Speaker 2: Fellas Paul, Lambert Paul, ambert meet the fellas.
Speaker 4: To be fairer when so big of a FRAUD i. Am WHEN pj was here to do like the round table bit With pa for like an, hour which is really. GOOD i told HIM i was sorry for how Mean i've been to, him and he was very nice and all, that.
Speaker 1: And for a couple of, weeks, la and then you're right back to savage and then the next time you'll see, him you'll have to apologize and apologize.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: Yeah but speaking of the, roundtable after we're done With fleck and the Pole ad guy and the other, one uh, you we have a round table in the performance From rip with The Manning.
Speaker 2: Brothers Brilliant.
Speaker 5: What you?
Speaker 2: KNOW i don't you better?
Speaker 1: Not, NO i don't who else do you constantly, rip constantly Rip?
Speaker 2: Rosie we should have The roast Of. Rosen we thought.
Speaker 1: About Zi onminson has been pushing for me to put that together for like five.
Speaker 2: Years, Rosie, yeah he would love. It is long yet him all? Night so good you, guys that would be. Money SO i was.
Speaker 1: Gonna get all of his stand up comedian buddies to help him write jokes and just have it be a. Slaughter you could sell somewhere out. Easily was the plan called, Me like after we did That canterbury thing a handful of years ago where we had that bazillion people go for The Power trip stand up.
Speaker 2: Night that Was SI's first.
Speaker 1: Thought is the only way we can do this again and make it work is if we do The roast Of. Rosie i'm, LIKE i freaking love. It and that was five years. Ago we've never circled. Back you should circle. Back we should circle back to have the. PANDEMIC i, think, yeah, yeah Could it was like one of the first times everybody went.
Speaker 2: Out hasn't happened to me? Yet oh really hanging out on the maternity. Ward oh he said.
Speaker 1: That you, Imagine oh, jokes that'd be, great you, know you'd make him. Cry, well you, know at the, end it would be like the roast Of Michael, scott you, know the at the end when the the person who gets roasted gets to fire back and everybody that.
Speaker 2: Roasted, yeah. RIGHT i think he'd be broken by, that and we would we would laugh off the jokes like nice Try. ROSIE i don't.
Speaker 4: Care i'm going to do an hour man.
Speaker 1: Excellent we would have to physically remove people from the stage like you've been on for an.
Speaker 2: Hour there's seven thousand of us that still have risks they Have i'm not kidding.
Speaker 4: YOU i have in my notes on my phone list Of rosie roasts just in, case just in case one breaks.
Speaker 2: Out, ever be, Prepared, ZACH i love it all.
Speaker 1: Right vikings news when we come, back there is big news because they played tomorrow and of course THE jj news broke. Yesterday we'll talk about. That parish is, Here Parker fox is. Here this Is Christmas eve on The Fin. Saus, look You've Todd parker now he's playing the gigantic imaginary base.
Speaker 2: Is way Bigger.
Speaker 4: Rings.
Speaker 2: Fan you can do, it all, Right let's Do vikings.
Speaker 1: News we have Big vikings news and you can listen to The vikings.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow presented BY jj McCarthy out, tomorrow but they have not counted him out definitively yet for the final game of the year against The Green Bay, packers but he will not play tomorrow against The.
Speaker 1: Lions Max brozenberg gets the start hairline. Fracture remember we HEARD x rays negative when he got THE x rays In New. York they must have taken another look at. It they found a hairline, fracture SO i assume no surgery for stuff like. That they're just gonna let it play. Out BUT i don't. Know we don't know if we're gonna see him in the season finale or. Not pull your hands. Up this is a hard.
Speaker 4: NO i, know well. Played this is a hardcore sports. Question perfect ASK i WILL i want everybody's, Opinion, ZACH i want you to go, last, okay BECAUSE i know your answers, WELL i know your answer.
Speaker 2: IN, jj he doesn't, Care he's happy either. Way do you THINK.
Speaker 4: Jj is guaranteed to be the starter next Season.
Speaker 2: Week? One you mean, Yeah i'm gonna, go, Yes, Yeah i'm gonna. Go.
Speaker 3: Yes BUT i do think that if something came about with the amount of free agents we, have and with the amount of money that we're gonna, have if something happened where somebody became, AVAILABLE i think they might take a shot at, It.
Speaker 1: Like if A Joe burrow is truly on the, market the hot Rumors Dak prescott, SEE.
Speaker 2: I don't know IF i Want. DAK i Thought jerry was THE ak by the, way The. AK i don't know IF i Want.
Speaker 4: Dak i'm gonna say. No make sure you're gonna say. NO i don't think he plays the rest of the. YEAR i don't think he. PLAYED i think Next sunday when they realize, That like if The, PACKERS i, think if they win one more, game they're.
Speaker 1: In.
Speaker 2: YEAH i don't think they're gonna play anybody NEXT i.
Speaker 1: THINK i don't think not if he had not been trending upwards before he got hurt, again, right the last three weeks obviously is the best stretch that he's. Had if that had not been the, CASE i think the pessimism on his entire career would have been rock.
Speaker 2: Bottom and THEN i think all bets would have been on the. Table but now you almost have to run it back one more. Time BUT i think that the hardcore.
Speaker 1: Sports answer is what is PLAN? B, like who do you bring to back up McCarthy BECAUSE i don't think they're going to run it back, McCarthy, Brosemer rippin or something like, that right or no, Way so they're going to add Some but who do you add if it's not a direct.
Speaker 3: Competitor, YEAH i think he will be for reasons like you just, Stated, corey but as, well like again the injuries and and. Uh it, is, however getting to the point though even THOUGH i, believe like next, year they still believe what he can come become and we all.
Speaker 2: Can't we all believe.
Speaker 3: That that his availability is the most important, part like and and that's right, now he's he can't stay. Healthy and there's in there's guys that are just injury. Prone it just happens the way they, play whatever they extend. Themselves whatever you can't that can't happen at that. Level you are both good.
Speaker 1: Examples you guys both played a lot of professional, sports or at least a lot of sports In parker's.
Speaker 2: Place, uh and but park you had obviously a series of. Injuries. Yea so here's here's WHAT i. Have here's my question for you two, guys and then we can get To zach and whether or not he wants McCarthy.
Speaker 1: Back tournament scus FOR jj missed all of last year ankle, sprain, concussion hairline fraction in his hand for completely different. Injuries this isn't tearing the same knee over and over. Again So i've always been a guy that pushes back on quote injury prone because these aren't. Connected When Grant hill had the same injury and couldn't stay, healthy Or brandon Roy, is he's injury prone because he has a part of his body that is literally weaker and is. Breakable it's. Failing those are injury prone. People this always makes me nervous Because i'm, like these are not connected in any.
Speaker 2: Way these are kind of just.
Speaker 1: Random and that's why the long streaks Like Brett, favre or like when we Had Kirk cousins who was basically playing.
Speaker 2: Sixteen seventeen games every, Year, like, man how can?
Speaker 1: That how can some guys like this just keep hitting the wall when other guys get lucky year after year after. Year, Parker let's start with, you because you've had a lot of. Injuries how do you feel about the tag injury?
Speaker 2: Prone, WELL i.
Speaker 3: Agree with, you AND i think at that level and at that, position there has to be some sort of.
Speaker 2: Like knowledge and like.
Speaker 3: Acknowledgment is that the right, World like you have to acknowledge the fact, that like you're getting, hurt so how CAN i try to avoid? That, now some things are, unavoidable like if it's a third down and you've got to try to make a, play like.
Speaker 2: You might get hit in the head really. Hard it's.
Speaker 3: Football BUT i can't remember who's talking about the other. Day BUT i think you're, Right, parish like availability is the best. Ability if you have to go to your backup quarterback multiple times throughout the, season that doesn't allow your team to kind of get the continuity to learn how to play with one. Another like it's not a recipe for. Success SO i think there. Is if you're in the front office and you're looking into like what you think you're gonna get out OF, jj you have to look at the injuries and, say, hey we can't just keep going to the backup because that doesn't that's not. Sustained so since sustained success a, man you, know throughout a LONG nfl. Season, Yeah AND i agree with your guys' different definition of injury. Prone but that's one definition of injury. Prone another definition of injury prone at the pro level is are you putting yourself in these positions to get hurt? Too it doesn't matter what part of your body. Is is he's stepping into certain, things is he putting himself in a position to constantly get hurt where the coach is, like you got to back off, there you got you know WHAT i? Mean Like Jackson Dark, yeah getting hit in the. Head so like there is a point where injury. Prone, yes it's the same thing over and, over and those are the ones you just your heart feels horrible for those guys they just can't seem to stay. Healthy but there's those the other guys that just constantly put themselves in a position where they're where they can get.
Speaker 1: HURT i think you guys can mostly figure this, out our, guesses but let's just do, it because why not out of the thirty four possible games THAT jj McCarthy has been on The vikings, roster not counting, preseason how many games has he played in out of the thirty four since we drafted him tenth.
Speaker 2: Overall it feels like about. Six. Nine nine is the right.
Speaker 3: Answer oh my, lord oh, wow you put that together very.
Speaker 2: Fast. Nine he's destined for success, NOW.
Speaker 4: I mean, NINE i, think AND i, LIKE i want the kid to. SUCCEED i do because it's better when we have a franchise. QUARTERBACK i think when they finish this season and however many games they, win however they look at, it however they want to find success in, THIS i think they're going to look back and go the best we saw out of him was against awful, defenses, right like when he played The, falcons who's an okay, defense but as a good.
Speaker 2: Pass, rush he was.
Speaker 4: Terrible, now As zach would, say and he did say at the, time he just had his kid, born he missed a, practice he had all these things. Right that's, tough, Right BUT i think when they look back on, it they're going to go he was really good Against, washington who is historically. Bad he was really good Against, dallas who's historically bad. DEFENSIVELY i think they truly really wanted to see him play Against. Detroit AND i think the other reason they haven't said that he's out for next week is they want him to play if that game, counts because they want to see him play against a team that's playing for, everything and if they aren't playing for anything.
Speaker 2: Next, WEEK i think we see.
Speaker 1: Bros, Look i've said a couple of times in twenty twenty, Six i'm gonna pull back on sports betting BECAUSE i got to start putting money on things THAT i care. About but, poker stock, market, Whatever, puma. NOTHING i, mean you're on, camera lip readers are gonna, know. Dudes but this is still twenty twenty. FIVE i can bet now.
Speaker 2: RIGHT i have a bet idea for.
Speaker 1: You, NO i will bet YOU jj starts week one unless it's injury. Related so if he's, hurt that doesn't. Count but if he is, HEALTHY i will bet you he starts week one for The.
Speaker 2: Vikings, okay let me ask you this. Question, okay go.
Speaker 1: On what if they bring in somebody Like Dak, Prescott, well Then dak would be the.
Speaker 2: Starter, hurt Then dak.
Speaker 4: Like If dak got hurt in like, preseason and he's the starter by.
Speaker 1: DEFAIR i Just i'm only betting on McCarthy's health BECAUSE i think if if they bring in Mac jones Or Dak prescott or somebody like, that obviously that's a heavy heavy competition and likely A Sam donald situation that would SUPERSEDE. J. J. McCarthy if McCarthy's, Healthy i'm willing to bet he will start week.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 4: Man there's ALSO i don't know if he'll be healthy because he gets hurt every about every chance he.
Speaker 2: Gets the bet would BE i think he would.
Speaker 4: BE i THINK i think they'll run it back at least than one more. Year BUT i don't think a guy Like brozemer will be the. SECOND i think it will be somebody that you know who's like A Baker. Mayfield not That Baker baker would start over, him but you know WHAT i, mean like.
Speaker 2: Somebody still might be on the, team though he might be third or, something.
Speaker 1: Because especially if he plays well these last couple of years and they've loved, him it sounds like they do training camp and in regular see and he's very.
Speaker 4: Funny, yeah you nailed it to when you said you. Can you can get a tryout as a. Favor you ain't making the.
Speaker 2: Team as a Fel The vikings didn't sign To. Perry you can get a.
Speaker 4: TRYOUT A gm could call ANOTHER gm and, go, hey Give perry a. Look, YEAH i need him on a roster and then that doesn't mean you're going to make the team. Exactly not, no hell, no.
Speaker 3: No, yeah Well max had a terrific last half of his year at THE u and he led the fcs and passing Yards like we're not talking about like a handout, Here.
Speaker 2: No, NO i mean he was.
Speaker 4: Undrafted, yeah sure, so but, yeah but even he has to be, going how the hell did all this?
Speaker 2: Happen? Right? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah you know a little.
Speaker 4: Bit parker, like, yeah this has got to be as big of a shock to him as.
Speaker 2: Anybody, OH i think so for. SURE i.
Speaker 3: THINK i, mean you try to do the right things and put yourself in the right, position but that doesn't mean that you're going to be gifted an opportunity to be a top thirty two quarterback in the. World like that's so you have to be to you, know go out there and start in AN nfl. Game so, YEAH i, mean credit to him for doing the, work but it's got to be a surprise to everybody around. Him i'm sure if you asked his parents you think your son will be Starting week seventeen in THE nfl last, year they would be like probably not two.
Speaker 2: Years ago when he was in where was It New?
Speaker 1: Hampshire years later was The vikings starting quarterback On Christmas day And netflix And snoops playing. Half The vikings claimed Quarterback Brett rippon off of, waivers so he's back on the. Team so there's your, third, right because you had that one guy who's made, yeah whatever the hell his name. Is and we've Had Desmond rudder on the team a couple of times this year and you, know got a cup of coffee and basically got kicked. Off is like an emergency. Guy but Now Brett rippens back in the, mix just in case this thing goes south with McCarthy's Hand orford guy will be the.
Speaker 4: BACKUP i truly think that if The packers have nothing to play for next, WEEK i don't THINK jj will. PLAY i think if they want to see him McCarthy, McCarthy, yes, yeah, yeah. McCarthy i think they want to see him against really good competition at least one more time to get it like a like a like a full read on.
Speaker 3: Him and sometimes these athletic trainers are careful at the hairline fractures, too because they could turn into something.
Speaker 2: Worse know where it is exactly and couldn't grip the ball. Too that was so then it's, like what are we you, know what are we putting out there? For? Yeah, LIKE i think you're great to see IF i agree with, you thank.
Speaker 1: You The vikings had No pro bowlers we mentioned, earlier but The, Jets, saints and The.
Speaker 2: Vikes the only three teams without.
Speaker 1: Reps are company Huh, yeah the Six, ravens Six, broncos Six niners and Six.
Speaker 2: Seahawks those four had the most six N.
Speaker 1: So the quarterbacks because that's the sexiest.
Speaker 2: Position let's go on.
Speaker 1: THE Afc Josh, Allen Drake may And Justin herbert in THE nfc something Called Matt, stafford something Called Dak prescott and, Yes Sam.
Speaker 2: Darnold, yeah good For not only are.
Speaker 1: The lions going to miss the, playoffs golf goes for thirty two and?
Speaker 2: Five can't sniff A Pro? Bowl? Yeah? Man or? Guy? Yeah what a?
Speaker 4: Year?
Speaker 2: Fair like you think he's probably in THE mvp.
Speaker 3: Cut if and yet somehow he doesn't even make The Pro bowl, now because, that, yeah that's.
Speaker 1: Brutal, yeah if they're if they're what one of the eight and, seven if they're twelve and three instead of eight and, seven we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about him as mv's likely the.
Speaker 1: Favorite or second, favorite or he's right next To, stafford and we're talking about him And Drake may And stafford IS mvp battle.
Speaker 3: Instead i've forgotten. Year is It stafford without a, doubt like he's the heavy, favorite should be. Out, YEAH i Think Drake mays THE i Think Drake may is the.
Speaker 4: Closest so when you look as you're looking that up, core when you when you look at The vikings in your. Report, OBVIOUSLY i don't Think Ryan kelly will play again the rest of the season or career or. Career T J howkinson hasn't practiced all. Week he's probably. Out Jordan mason has been hasn't practiced all. Week we know McCarthy's, out And brian O'Neil didn't Practice. Monday he was limited yesterday so.
Speaker 2: Well And Aaron jones was struggling in that second. Half he's. Limited he was limited all he's been, limited excuse me all?
Speaker 1: Week, Yeah Draft KINGS, Mvp Matt stafford minus two, thirty it's a pretty solid. Favorite Drake may is plus almost two to one plus one eighty. Five then the giant drop off. Two who do you think third Is Jack allen josh A Josh allen.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight to.
Speaker 1: One, yeah he's a rough, game super super super long shot with two weeks.
Speaker 2: Ago, yeah he's having a. Kid he's going to focus on.
Speaker 1: That, yeah he's giving people a quarter of a cow as a.
Speaker 2: Gift, harry you were here for.
Speaker 3: That.
Speaker 4: Uh in, hockey who Give like is there a position or a guy that gives out gifts to the, Team like do the captains do Like christmas gifts or something like.
Speaker 1: Our quarterbacks gift offensive lineman stuff in THE? Nfl, no that's not a thing if it comes from the.
Speaker 3: Ownership i've Had christmas gifts from, them but, no not unless we have like a.
Speaker 2: Party what about?
Speaker 4: It i'm not ripping, you but like what about if like you're on a team with like THE, mvp does he do something for the, time like a dinner paid?
Speaker 3: Guy we, Did like so with The, islanders anybody like signed a contract you know over a certain amount they had to buy the team. Dinner, yeah there's like a tradition of of of like The All stars when you go to The All Star, Game like when you asked, IT i went in two thousand and. Two, uh he bought the hats AND i BOUGHT t shirts for, Everybody so like you like that is a thank, you but, no not Like christmas gifts or. Anything like the goalie doesn't give any thanks to the defenseman for krying OF i.
Speaker 2: Know the quarterback. Goalies the quarterback is and it should be.
Speaker 3: Goalies one of thirty two in the world are the same position more or.
Speaker 2: Less that's pretty.
Speaker 1: Awesome like you, know, again last, year like brock perty got his entire offensive, line LIKE i don't, know sixty thousand dollars cars or.
Speaker 2: Something that's pretty. Awesome and you went to The All Star game and got your TEAMMATES t. Shirts very.
Speaker 3: NICE i just Thought Kyrie irving got his whole team golf. Carts they all custom golf golf. Cart, yeah you're talking the. Difference so that's that's that's big Boy Pro.
Speaker 2: Sports we referenced Your Josh.
Speaker 1: Allen Josh allen gave his offensive lineman a quarter of a.
Speaker 3: Cow they probably love that. Though that's that's actually pretty. Sick that is unique as can. Be uh and, yeah hell, yeah that'd be cool as. Hell come on, Morning christmas is, here and.
Speaker 2: We believe the cows in this case are dead that you just get the.
Speaker 1: Meat, yeah it's not, Like, hey the four of you get this, one you feel free to pet it and feed.
Speaker 2: It this market. Exactly if you guys get trade it high up when when, ready you guys deal with. It that's that's the hardest part about owning a.
Speaker 1: Horse like at one Point pa wanted me to go in on a horse with him as, well And i'm, like you, KNOW i know him And zimmer had like a horse, divorce but.
Speaker 2: Nasty by the, way that's the.
Speaker 1: Problem like if the four of us are in, business or five of us are in, business and one of us is, like Look i'm Gonna i'm out of, here, right you then buy me out, right you can Get if the five of us are in on a cow And i'm, like, LOOK i want my fifth, Today what AM i gonna? Do just cut off a hoof and. Whatnot you can't just take the meat when you want. It could take the we, know we. KNOW i Think zach would take the rear ended uh sports in a second maybe and then who knows headlines later we'll screw it round. WELL i, mean like we just did a whole bunch of. Sports this Is Christmas, eve who gets a red as the bikes play?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow who? Cares LET'S i mean some of us are having.
Speaker 4: FUN i mean we're talking About i'm HAVING jj McCarthy being hurt again.
Speaker 2: And maybe not being on the. Team your, friends those were going to be.
Speaker 1: Starting i'm, Sorry, Hey, paris you know how last week you forgot what the initials were and guest choke.
Speaker 2: Neck, yes AND i never. Forget thank you to, you, guys, DUDE i felt like you this.
Speaker 1: MORNING i was driving In zach had a bunch Of initials games loaded, up which is awesome Because i've been told that we technically have a Show monday Through. THURSDAY i only care About. Fridays.
Speaker 2: Yeah SO i was listening to The best of.
Speaker 1: AND i was listening to the game With Alicia lewis And you And sauce And marnie from whatever a couple of months, ago and the initials were H t and we were on clue four And marnie got it BEFORE i, did AND i wrote the. Clues you know What i'm. Saying i'm, like what the hell was the answer to this? One and she rang in and got it And i'm, like is this? What mark feels like Every, Friday, yes free single time.
Speaker 2: She beat me too.
Speaker 3: Him that was.
Speaker 2: Real that's a.
Speaker 1: Trip it's happened a couple of times When i'm listening to when we're best, of when we're driving.
Speaker 2: Somewhere how DO i lose?
Speaker 1: It the game THAT i wrote to people That and it's not like it's from seven years.
Speaker 2: Ago this was from a couple of months. Ago already forgot what it, was and she beat me to.
Speaker 3: It beat By nikki all the time in the, cart keep her hands, something get her.
Speaker 2: Boxing gloves For. Christmas it's not too, late all? Right more With Mark parrish And Parker fox after this on The fan