Speaker 1: More variety from the two thousands, the nineties, and today it's Star one on one three. It's Marcus back with second date update. We've got our guy, Andrew. Let's just get this thing started. Andrew, you just went on a date with a lady named Sophia, according to my notes?
Speaker 2: Is this correct? Good morning? First of all, sorry, I'm already locked in. How are you?
Speaker 3: Hey? Good morning? Hey, I'm all right right. Yeah. I thought it went well. You know, I thought she was thoughtful, intelligent, you know, she asked real questions.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: It wasn't just like the usual first date small talk. You know. We talked about deep stuff, you know, family traditions, like favorite meals growing up, like memories we had, and we talked about where we saw ourselves in a few years. You know. It's helped mature. It's like intentional.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is like the third time this week somebody has described their data as intentional.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, must be for me, okay, yeah, but she's ghosted.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, it's confusing to me, okay, because I felt like we were two adults figuring out if our lives good line up, you know, and I felt I walked out feeling good, optimistic. I was excited to see her again.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, this is the part where we call her and I'm going to ask her how she felt about the day. You're going to be on the phone, so I hope you're emotionally ready for this. The first date in this case was dinner. And Andrew, you're still there, right, yeah, I'm here. Okay, perfect. So we're gonna call Sofia. We're going to try to figure out why she ghosted on you. Okay, here we go, deep breath. You will be able to listen in, so go ahead and meet your phone.
Speaker 2: Here we go. Hello, Hi, is this Sofia? Who is this Sofia? This is Marcus from Star one one three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a radio morning show and I'm wondering if you might have a second to be on the air with me.
Speaker 2: To discuss something.
Speaker 4: Discuss what.
Speaker 1: So we do a segment on the show called second Date Update, and I got floated your phone number from a guy who listens to our show. His name is Andrew. Said, you guys went on a date. He really enjoyed it, but that you ghosted. What I'm trying to figure out is did my guy do something dumb? I know it's the holidays. Are you just busy or is there another reason? Why are you ducking him?
Speaker 2: What happened? How can we talk about the date? Is that okay?
Speaker 4: Uh? Yeah, I guess yeah, let's talk about.
Speaker 2: It, amaze. So how was it for you?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, honestly, in the beginning, it was nice, like he was kind and respectful and he was honestly very very serious about dating, and I was okay with that. But then, you know, kind of like halfway through the meal, it just sort of seemed like he wasn't trying to get to know me anymore, and he was more like planning around me. For instance, like he was talking about a trip we could do a couple months down the line, and then he mentioned a holiday routine that would work for us, and then he even was thinking about like hypothetical grocery scheduling. And don't get me wrong, like it wasn't mean or pushy or anything, but it just felt like a lot like really fast on a first day. And I don't know, there was a moment he looked at me and he actually said, you seem like someone who would really fit into my life and I I mean I said that, yeah, and I love dating with you know, like respect and intention and all of that. I also want something real, but on a first date, I don't know. I just wanted to be about chemistry and you know, curiosity and not h planning.
Speaker 2: Maybe one extra Vodkasota, you know, or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I feel bad now, but it's just it's a little too much for me.
Speaker 2: But other than that nice guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, he is a nice guy, but I don't want to be slotted into someone's life blueprint.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's just not me.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, so part of this, Sophia is that Andrew has been listening. He's actually on the line right now listening in. I know it's hard every time.
Speaker 2: And I've been doing this for almost a decade.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's just trying to learn it's hard out there, you know, dating and whatnot. So I'm going to bring him on, Andrew. Okay, Andrew, were you in your own head? What's going on? What's really happening?
Speaker 3: I mean, now that I'm hearing all that bag, Yeah, it came off like a totald weed. Man. I wasn't trying to I just got so nervous. You know, I liked her a lot. I guess, yeah, I guess I was. I was being a little too forward thing king Uh right there.
Speaker 1: You don't have to refer to when the third person anymore. She's right there. I want you to talk. I want you to look directly at her and talk to her, and I'll just all be over here.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I uh, you know, I just I was. I got the nerves, you know, I was getting restless. I thought maybe it would be romantic if I was talking about that kind of stuff. And now in hindsight, you know, hindsight's twenty twenty. Uh No, it made me seem very lame and strange.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 4: No, it's okay. Honestly, in the beginning, I did feel like we were really vibing.
Speaker 1: So I I mean, I feel like we're vibing right now, you guys, I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I feel like that too. I My thing is like, when something's going well, I always find some way to sabotage it. And maybe that is what happened. Uh, you could give me another chance. I swear, I'm a fun guy. I'm spontaneous. You know, I'll go with the flow. We don't have to plan anything out. We could just chill.
Speaker 1: You know what fixes this issue, Sophia, is when a guy like Andrew, who is just unbridled passion obviously gets a lady in his life that can tell him when he's being dumb.
Speaker 2: That's what he really needs. I'm just I'm just saying, so can we do a second date?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I actually you were very respectful and I appreciated that. So, oh my god, I can overlook this if we can be a little more casual the next time. All right, totally, I'll text you.
Speaker 1: Yes, I get to ring the cow bell of destiny.
Speaker 2: You know how exciting this is.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's go.
Speaker 2: We have a win. Amazing, all right, you two bush adorable? You guys, hold on.
Speaker 1: Okay, what a great way to end the week. Second date update