Speaker 1: Good morning, Welcome to the Mojo in the Morning Show. Good to have you guys here with us today. Got to have five Lives, Tell your mom. Second date update coming up. We're just days away from giving away a brand new car. Actually, I would say this to you, we only have two more morning shows to qualify you for that, So today and tomorrow you're gonna have to be listening to the show because Friday morning, we'll actually come to you live from the brand new Buick GMC dealership which is located in Sterling Heights. It is Morane Buick GMC of Sterling Heights where we're going to give away a thirty five thousand dollars gmcsuv a terrain could be yours. Be listening. It's tag the Terrain and that contest is gonna be fun. It's kind of like a game of musical chairs where you'll be putting your hand on They actually got these little sticker thingies or whatever with our faces on them. You gotta put your hand on our face and then music will play, and then when the music stops, you gotta get your hand back on one of those and only one per sticker. And if you're one of the people that has your hand on there at the very end you drive away with that car or twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Question, yes, are these stickers that have our faces on them true to size?
Speaker 1: If I know whose face i'd pick? Is that? Come on? Is that a fat big face? Dude?
Speaker 3: You guys remember playing musical chairs and gym class.
Speaker 4: I think that's where my anxiety why.
Speaker 1: I hate I hate it because of your going around and I think I sat on about five or six kids you ever pulled.
Speaker 4: You had an advantage, I.
Speaker 1: Know, because the problem is they had an advantage. They were faster than I was.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was tough. My the worst things we did in gym class obviously the rope I don't even know if they even do that anymore. We had to climb the rope. They ain't happening, okay. Then then it was the shuttle runs where you do the shuttle runs where you know, and they was back then they used to have chalkboards, but they would do like the erasers or chalkboards, and you had to go pick it up and then run. But you'd have to run, get low to bend over and pick it up and do the thing. And I was like, oh, it was the worst. Which part of that was the worst for you? Bending over? Yeah, the running, The running wasn't bad. I wasn't like a horrible runner.
Speaker 2: But my favorite gym game it was called Dragons and the Flies. And on one side of the gym you were designated the dragons and the other side were the flies. And the goal, if you were a fly was to run. They will say go and everybody would like run in the middle. And if you were a fly, you had to try to not get tagged by the dragons.
Speaker 4: And if you had to get to the other side and.
Speaker 1: Get to the other side, and you just keep going. It was that game was so hyphed. Do we have any gym teachers listening, because I would love to know from gym teachers, are you guys able to do a lot of the same stuff that you did when you were a kid?
Speaker 4: Like do you still have the parishute?
Speaker 1: I love the parashote.
Speaker 4: It was the best when they brought out that parachute.
Speaker 1: They brought the parishes describe it.
Speaker 4: It's as big as this room, all different fremo colors.
Speaker 1: What did you do with it? You'd get around, you would get around and everybody would kind of like through the whole.
Speaker 3: Thing, and then you'd do it up in the air and put it over everybody's heads and then bring it down and everybody would sit on the Yeah, it made like a tent.
Speaker 1: What was that? That had to be like some kind of a they must have, like a gym teacher convention or something, and they sell those at it. Like I always wondered, like, why is it that we all did the same exact thing. They had a book? What did they use those for in real life?
Speaker 6: Ut parachute that people use when they jump out of planes?
Speaker 1: I don't know, But can I tell you that my one of my best buddies is Coach Jamie. Coach Jamie is a gym teacher, and one year I said to him, I go, man, we could never pass the physical fitness test, and he goes, let me give it to you guys. He gave the show a physical fitness test, the whatever the PA.
Speaker 3: It's now called the Pacer Test, the Pacer Test, it used to be called the Presidential.
Speaker 1: Presidential Fitness Test. We failed miserably. It looked it looked like a group of honestly people go into a fat farm showing it was so funny, and we all showed up there. We're all like dying. We like, where's the act he's actually do him? I go, where is the uh what is it the a ed or the e? Wherever that thing is the thing that's in the wall that Yeah, and uh, we did that whole thing. But it was fun. It was actually a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: See, my gym class was only fun. I was literally just talking about this with Josiah yesterday. They don't stretch anymore. Like Josiah has a very hard time to your point, bending over, benning over and touching his toes. Like when we went to gym, we used to do the little arm circle things and they go back dude to neck. Used to stretch all of that beginning. Yeah, and then we used to.
Speaker 1: Just have fun. So when I coached basketball, we would do that before practice. Everybody would have to stretch and stuff and you'd have to like get on the ground and do the whole thing like you hold your leg players. Yeah, but it's it's weird that they don't do that at all. They don't even have Jim every day of the week. They Jim has turned into pe. It's really turned into always want people physical education.
Speaker 2: But the education part I feel like for me in middle school wasn't really there, like it was a It was basically like a second recess.
Speaker 1: Yes, now they're actually like learning weed.
Speaker 4: M god, I'm the most in the world.
Speaker 1: Did you hate it because it let the dumb people catch up to you?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I hated it because I was picked to last for everything because everybody knew.
Speaker 4: Everybody knew that I was not an athletic kid.
Speaker 3: We're fast, like I really am fast. I will give myself that, but I'm just I'm really clumsy. I'm not coordinated. It was obvious you fast ish.
Speaker 1: You don't look fast because you again, you kick your ass when you when you run. I've never seen anybody with their legs. We played it. We played a softball game one time. I remember it was like all the TV stations, radio or kickball, and Shannon was running the for and she she she runs cute like that's the thing.
Speaker 4: She's like, that's trying to be nice.
Speaker 1: It's weird.
Speaker 4: But I am fast, by the way.
Speaker 1: She's guarant We're gonna have to prove this. I want to see how fast.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that.
Speaker 1: Eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight. The text is nine five five zero zero uh to get through to us. I One of the other things that I used to love doing is uh, we would do you know basketball, like during basketball season. We would do touch football during touch you know football season and stuff like that, and then we would do kickball during what was the spring and baseball season. The thing I hated though, the one teacher, mister Nordean, I had a male gym teacher one year, made us do shirts and skins. Oh yeah, we had to do shirts and skins when the guys were playing. So the guy, so you were on one team, you were wearing your shirt, you're on the other team. To show that you weren't on that team, you'd have to take your shirt off. And the funniest was I was so embarrassed to take my shirt off anywhere, Like I would wear my shirt in the pool, but you take a bath at home. But you know who had it worse than me with my having my shirt off, the guy guarding me. I just let you go. Every time the guy, the guy guarding me had to like, you know, he's like, I mean, I'd score like twenty five points were you a sweater? Oh, I sweat. First off, I had hair underneath my arms when I think it was in the third grade. Literally, I had more hair in my arms than most Kldian men have on their head. Yeah, oh my god, look at all these people here right now, Mojo, I'm a gym teacher and we still do the parachute. Let's let's let's talk.
Speaker 4: You remember. Did you guys ever have those little square scooters? Yeah, and you would do the scooter like.
Speaker 1: On them and.
Speaker 4: There was no handles on the Yeah, it was yes.
Speaker 1: What's up Vanessa High, It's Mojo in the morning.
Speaker 5: Hi, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 7: I have you ever had the swim in gym class?
Speaker 5: First?
Speaker 1: I had my hair?
Speaker 4: Was what the rest of the.
Speaker 1: Day swimming in gym class? That?
Speaker 5: That was?
Speaker 1: What school did you go to?
Speaker 6: I went to Churchill High School?
Speaker 1: Okay, so it was high school then? Okay, because yeah, because I know we never we never got to swim in gym class, thank god, I do remember that. That one part. It was embarrassing. I don't know if the girls ever did this. Did you guys have to take showers after gym class?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Did they make you guys.
Speaker 4: Take not make us, but you could if you I never showered, well.
Speaker 1: You could though, yeah, yeah they had. They had the whole thing where you had to shower afterwards, and it was like, I I still have a hard time showering at a Planet Fitness, Like, I don't want any part of doing the whole showering thing. What's up, Jaden, it's Mojoe in the morning. Hello. Hi.
Speaker 6: So we were I was just saying, we we did all those things, and we did the parachute and also to mention the scooter thing, we did the scooter thing. But during Halloween, my gym teacher would always like turn off all the lights and put up all the mats and be like your scooter tag.
Speaker 3: It was super fun.
Speaker 1: How long ago was it that you were in school.
Speaker 6: Though, I'm twenty two, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Two, yeah, so it wasn't that long ago that you were actually in gym class. That's cool that they're still doing all that stuff. That was still part of the whole time.
Speaker 6: I have like younger brothers and they said that they still do that kind of stuff too, So.
Speaker 1: Bro, yeah, they don't have to like evolve. What do you mean, I mean?
Speaker 2: She just said that she was playing scooters when she was twenty two. I went to school a long time before her, and I was playing Scooterson went to school.
Speaker 1: Playing scooters. Can you chat GPT now? In gym class? Like like they have evolve. It's like never the gym teacher, I feel like is never their main job.
Speaker 6: Like they're like the basketball coach or athletic directors.
Speaker 1: Something democratis what's going on, Mojoe?
Speaker 5: How was going this morning?
Speaker 1: How y'all do it good Monday? What's going on?
Speaker 5: So there? When I was in elementary school, we had to run a mile on top of the push ups.
Speaker 1: Yes, you had to do it at a certain time, right.
Speaker 3: If you did twelve minutes, wasn't it?
Speaker 1: It was yeah, twelve.
Speaker 5: During the time. Did you guys get like an award.
Speaker 1: That was yes, yes, yep, it was Yeah. Which president was the president when you were in school?
Speaker 5: I got about five of them with the blue pets, that has the one they have the red patches, that got the two orders?
Speaker 1: Who is the president? When you got got one of those.
Speaker 5: Awards at the time, I had, uh was his name before Barack Obama?
Speaker 1: Bush? Yeah? Yeah, you got Bush? Yeah. I I love I love that they had those things because that was like the fun time and it would be a big celebration like at that time. But I hated the thing because it would be like the mile run and the mile run where our school was ran by a McDonald's, Like there was like literally like that you could smell the McDonald's. Like you weren't like close enough to go through, but you're closed enough to smell be like I can smell the hash browns or the fries. What's up, Carrie High?
Speaker 7: Hey, Yeah, when we were in elementary, every Friday we had a teacher that would teach us square dancing.
Speaker 1: Wow, that class activity. Where where did you go to school? Well?
Speaker 7: It years ago, Manly elementary where we would learn square dancing every friday. It's in a Waterford especially no longer.
Speaker 1: That's that's wild.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised that's that, But that's wild though that that Uh, that was a kind of a little thing, like a little little dance stuff. Did you guys also have speaking of dances, did you guys have your school dances in your gym?
Speaker 1: Absolutely? And they would just decorated or this like student council would decorated. I was about to say my gym was Elroy yeah, yeah, that's cool. All right, Well, a little reminiscing here for us this morning.