Speaker 1: That Jay Weber Podcast is presented by Creative Planning, helping clients simplify their journey to financial wellness, one personalized plan at a time. The Jay Weber Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to the jo Erra Podcast. So glad you've decided to listen today. We have all sorts of things to talk about, including whether the news media is going to tell the American people about the additional chunk of money that's going to be in their tax returns this year thanks to the Big Beautiful Bill. We'll talk about Congressman Eric Swallwell's implosion and why it was so swift and devastating. You know, the short answer is because Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff and all of today's top Democrats have known he's a sexual predator and a scumbag all this time, fourteen years, and they didn't care so long as he could be a useful tool for them. We have some thoughts on home distilling and the price of stamps getting close to a dollar, and how the leftist media is going to spend the next three years trying to convince the American people that they've made a mistake in not electing Kamala Harris, and we didn't. And no matter how hard they try to polish up that turn, she's not going to be the twenty twenty eight Democrat nominee. So you can see that's a pretty good show. It's all coming up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: This podcast is podcast number three. Now we're starting to hit a groove. I should mention that my longtime radio producer Gregory John is with me on this venture too. He agreed to produce this for me. So how are you doing today?
Speaker 4: Fine? And we're actually in the studio together.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is nice. And we've had we don't have to go into the fits and starts that we've had, the technical fits and starts we've had to try to get these podcasts together. But are you missing me in the morning?
Speaker 3: I'm missing you. Yeah, you're like you're like an old an old friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't say that I miss all the work and all the getting up early, but yes, I kind of missed the connection to the to the guys.
Speaker 4: A lot of people were saying that.
Speaker 3: On the podcast, on the Internet and Twitter and all that, saying that, yeah, it is like hearing my old friend again.
Speaker 4: Yes, the podcast. So that's I think a lot of people are showing up that way.
Speaker 2: I got to tell you, we got a very strong start to this podcast. The first two episodes have thousands of listeners to thanks so much for that. And we'll dive into content in a minute after a quick shout out to my fantastic sponsor for this podcast, Creative Wealth Management. And I'm just going to admit here we're we're skimming this ad from Friday's podcast and inserting it here because I don't have any power at home in Erin, so I actually had to come into the state. This is real radio, this is human So this is something that we need to slip in here. Go ahead, Greg, Do you have a financial planner and is he or she really meeting your needs? Have you heard of Creative Planning. They're one of the nation's largest independent wealth management firms, offering fully integrated financial and retirement planning, investment management, estate planning, tax strategies, business services, and international wealth management, all in house and coordinated through your wealth manager. Their fiduciary wealth managers are here to help you navigate every piece of your financial life. Visit Creative Planning dot com. To schedule your introductory meeting. That's Creative Planning dot com. Your team awaits.
Speaker 1: Paid for planning and sec registered investment advisor.
Speaker 4: The speaker statements are not an endorsement of the firm.
Speaker 2: There's some proof for doing this live, I guess, or at least live to tape. Let's dive into the content. I'm going to start with this. I gotta say, this takedown of Eric Swalwell is one of the most brutal I've seen in quite some time, and there's a reason for it. The reason is it's Democrats themselves who orchestrated this lynching of one of their own. Make no mistake, what went on here is the Democrats in California and Washington d C. We're using every scummy thing about Eric Swalwell that they've always known about for the fourteen years he's been in Congress, and they used it in order to knock him out of the California governor's race. It's a desperate attempt to keep Republicans from winning the governorship out in California. And unless you know how California runs at statewide races, you can't fully appreciate what went on here. I know some of you people are aware of this, but I don't think most people are. California runs a so called jungle primary in its governor's races, in which the top two candidates to emerge out of the primary get to run off against each other. Normally that turns out to be at least one Republican and one Democrat. I think they set it up so that they were hoping they could have two Democrats running off in the general this year, though two Republicans are currently leading the primary because there are so many Democrats running. The Republicans are Steve Hilton and Chad Bianco, and they've both been pulling around fourteen percent, and they've been polling, most importantly a few points ahead of Eric Swalwell. Meanwhile, there are eight Democrats running for governor out there eight, and they're splintering the left wing vote obviously, So for weeks now the polls have shown the two Republicans are running ahead of the Democrat who's doing best, and the Democrat doing best is Eric Swalwell. This is the other big problem the Democrats in California had until they knocked him out. None of them wanted to admit it, but this is a field of terrible candidates, and Swalwell was among one of the worst, and he rose to the top. No one expected that the scummy debag Eric Swalwell was going to emerge as the top as the voter's top choice on the left. But the other most promising candidates are a woman named Katie Porter, who's genuinely an unstable lunatic who's famous for screaming at and verbally abusing her staffers and people around her. Moreover, she can't hide her inner lunatic. Her inner lunatic shines through in interviews and on social media, so she's a big risk as the top candidate. And then the other somewhat popular Democrat candidate out of the eight is Tom Steyer, the longtime billionaire climate activist. He's not exciting to anyone really either among the California voters. So by default, this scummy and useless dbag Eric Swalwell was leading the race on the Democrats side. But you see the situation. First, the Democrats need an appealing candidate atop their ticket in the November runoff with the Republican and if all the dirt on Swallwell would have come out after he had won the primary after he advanced to the general election, that would have been bad. That would just destroy his chances that there was any way for this party, or it destroyed the chances of the party leaders to rectify the situation or pivot to a different candidate. Right. So, whereas in a normal situation out there with two Republicans leading in Swalwell and seven other Democrats, in any other situation, the state and national Democrats would have simply gotten behind the most popular Democrat, well it's Swalwell. They would have worked to encourage and extort the other seven Democrats to drop out of any normal primary and then try to promote the guy who is naturally leading. The Democrats have a situation here in which the scummy, least competent, easiest to beat candidate though was actually leading. Hence Operation Destroy Eric had to occur. And this is what's gone on here. Swawall's political career has imploded because, in all sincerity, because Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff and Gavin Newsom and the other top California Democrats have organized the smear campaign to take him out. Remember, Pelosi built him. Pelosi made Eric Swalwell. She if you don't know, represents San Francisco, and as does Swalwell. It's that area of California, so they're very close. And it was Pelosi who basically promoted him and put him into office in the first place, so she knows all the dirt and always has this devastating, just devastating. One of the big tells here, related to the fact that this is a Democrat hit on one of their own people, is that not a single Democrat, not a single Democrat, labeling Swallwell a disgrace and demanding he drop out of the governor's race, was also demanding that he gave up his seat and give up a seat in Congress, because a rapist pig like this shouldn't serve in Congress either. It took three or four days before Democrat leaders decided that they really couldn't save his congressional career either, and that trust me, they were trying. Top Democrat leaders never did insist he resigned from Congress. Pelosi, to my knowledge, still hasn't insisted he resigned from Congress. It was some rank and file Democrats who finally started to step up and complain. It was kind of the alien omars and the Rasheeta Telibs who started to insist if he's a pig, he should resign from Congress too. But Hakim Jeffries, this guy is the leader of the Democrats in the House. He has the power to demand an investigation into one of his members. He has the power to punish Eric Swalwell or push him out of Congress. Hakim Jeffries put out statement on social media initially saying Swalwell needs to drop out of the governor's race, but didn't say a thing, made no mention of the fact that Swawell is a sitting congressman and he Jeffries could have kicked the pig out of Congress or at least moved to investigate him. It proved again today's Democrats don't really have any actual morals or values. It's just all about what suits them at the time. If any of these Democrats actually cared about the female victims or had a working moral compass, they'd have been demanding Swawell resigned from Congress immediately and would have been calling for an immediate House investigation as well. And by the way, they would have been calling for local prosecutors to investigate Swalwell's alleged crimes while in those communities. I know the Manhattan DIA's office has actually opened an investigation based on one woman's accusations. Now, but if Eric Swallwell was really this much of a pig and he victimized this many women, and if the Democrats across the country really cared about standing up for the victims and not tolerating this behavior as they always claim, well, then Eric Swalwell should be facing three or five or ten criminal court cases by the end of this week, shouldn't he? But do you think he will? I doubt it because this is a naked political hit. And hey, you know, Hakeem Jeffreys and the Democrats might still need Swalwell's vote in the House, so we got to keep them in that seat. That is how they initially hoped to work this. There was just too much pressure in the end and he decided to resign. But do you see how scummy this all was. This is the most devastatingly effective mafia style hit that we've seen in modern top politics in quite some time. And there's a reason for it. The only motive here is to make sure two Republicans don't win the primary ensuring a Republican governor in California next And because the mainstream media members are virtually all leftists themselves, they share in this desire to manufacture who win for the Democrats out there. It's why they hopped on these allegations and relentlessly dug into them and ran with them. California's leftist newspapers have been all over this with the details over the weekend. Over the weekend Saturday, a CNN sat down with four or five of Swalwell's accusers and they gave detailed, specific accounts of the sexual abuse, harassment, even alleged rape. These were stories that anyone would have a hard time making up. I mean, from what I've heard and read, they're very believable women. Moreover, all of Washington, d C. And Sacramento, at least on the Democrat side, have known who Eric Swalwell really is forever. Over the last few days, select Democrats at all levels of government have said, oh, yeah, everyone knew Swawell was a predator. Yeah, Democrats knew, they knew, And let's specifically emphasize Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff and Hakim Jeffries knew they're the leaders of the party and Pelosian shift represent California. They knew, they've known all this time. They didn't care. Swalwell was a useful idiot. And if you think that's too cynical, it's not. DC insider Jonathan Turley has a good article calling Swalwell Pelosi's monster. He says, the fact is that Swallowell was always a notorious figure in Washington who was constructed by Pelosi and others to serve their interest. As Pelosi and her other allies now seek to destroy him, they cannon escaped their hand in his creation. Turtley goes on to talk about how Swalwell was caught having an affair with a staffer of his who was a Chinese spy, the infamous Fang Fang. Remember how Pelosi, and who was Speaker at the House at the time, leapt to defend him. She was the head of the Democrat Caucus and she protected him. Pelosi blocked any inquiry into Eric Swalwell and Fang Fang. She lashed out in anyone who suggested Swalwell was a risk to the nation, etc. Pelosi refused to remove him from the House Intelligence Committee. Turley says for years, the democratic establishment of the media ignored many rumors surrounding Swalwell because he was their useful monster, someone who was an attack dog, always trained a streaming on the leash. But he says, it's now a pilon as Swalwell's formal enablers run for cover. The Irnan knee is that Swalwell's scandal will remove a candidate who is allegedly physically assaulting staffers in favor of a candidate who was verbally assaulting staffers. That's true. He's reference and Katie Porter here, who is most likely to benefit by Eric s well wells ouster, She's most likely to benefit from swall Weoll's inmplosion. But this was really a remarkable few days in the history of American politics, really, and so I thought we had to talk about it the next thing. It is my contention that one of the greatest examples of how Trump derangement syndrome makes it sufferer is completely crazy, is continuing lawsuits over the White House ballroom. Oh my god, this is silly. There's long standing historical precedent for presidents being able to alter the White House grounds as they see fit. We've been over all of this, you know, but several levels of the courts have already made this clear during the initial round of lawsuits. Trump can buy in large change that area as he wants, and not having a large enough ballroom has been a regular complaint from every modern day president for generations now, we've actually had to, at great taxpayer expense, put up a large tent or tents on the White House lawn and bring in chairs and folding tables, etc. To have larger state dinners. These dinners have had the look and feel of some summer wedding venue out in your backyard. But I stress every time the tent was rented and put up, large expenses to the taxpayers came with it. So finally President Trump decided to do something about it, and having spent his entire adult life as a developer, there's no better president to do it right. He and his team have put together a very classy and appealing model for this addition too. It's going to be quite impressive. Let's also stress this is all going to be built and paid for with private donation money. Not a single expense related to this White House addition is going to fall onto the backs of the US taxpayer, and that's just fantastic. If Obama would have wanted a new ballroom, the same left wingers would have said, oh my god, we got to do it at any expense. Half a billion dollars, let's do it. Trump and a bunch of his rich friends can come up with two hundred and fifty three hundred million that this is going to take to build on their own fantastic. So there's no financial ding to the taxpayers here either. This is all upside. There's literally no reason to oppose this project unless you're a Trump hater, and only the most rabbit of Trump haters would sincerely, the question of whether this project was going to proceed was settled long ago. The former East Wing has been demolished, the important infrastructure work is underway. We've since learned that a significant amount of secret underground work is being done first, because they're actually creating new bunkers in emergency workspaces too. This isn't just a new ballroom, which was already a necessity. This is improving the national security of the presidency. We the people and our enemies weren't supposed to know that there was secret underground work going on, but of course, the Nitwitz who keep suing to stop this project force that information out in the public too. None of their actions are helpful, and we're at the point that there's absolutely no reason that they still need to be fighting this in court. At this point, what do you think they're going to gain? What do they think their legal win is going to be here? Do they want to force their own plans through a new ballroom or east wing onto the country. Do they want the project filled in and turf put down for a dog park instead, or do they just want to fight Trump because they just hate his f and guts. You know it's the last one, because there's no reason to keep fighting this in court. The initial round of lawsuits were over whether President Trump had the authority to do this just as this project is being done, Can he just order the project done? And the courts in that first round said yeah, he can. Then the next thing, and it's my contention that one of the greatest examples of how Trump arrangement syndrome makes it suffer as completely crazy is that we have continuing lawsuits over this White House ballroom. We're in like round number three now, and my god, this is silly. There's long standing historical precedent for presidents to be able to alter the White House crowns as they see fit. Several levels of courts have already made this clear during the initial round of lawsuits. Not having a large enough ballroom has been a regular complaint from every modern day president for generations. We've had to, at great expense, put up those tents. Then, in a second round of lawsuits, a court decided that Trump needed to get permission from the National Capital Planning Committee. All right, he did. Trump actually stacked that commission with his loyalists and guys them to officially sign off by the ballroom. Great, all right, we move forward, only to have a lower court judge decide out of the blue Trump moved ahead on lawfully he needed congressional approval, after all. It was a bogus ruling from a Trump hating judge in round number three of lawsuits, and there are a lot of those Trump hating judges around Washington, d C. But the judge put an injunction into place, obviously and stopped the work. Fast forward to last week, when a federal appeals court determined that work could continue after all. While this lower court judge's decision was appealed and hashed out, and in most instances that sort of determination from a higher court means that the lower court judge got it wrong and his silly ruling is likely to be overturned, but we don't know that for sure. None of this legal nonsense is necessary. Moreover, there's no reason for any rational person or group to still be filing or arguing lawsuits over this. It's just the Trump haters hating the fact that the President is moving ahead with this project without a bunch of outside oversight or input. Bottom line, this is a bunch of nasty bullying Karen's and Kevin's who just cannot stand it when they don't get to butt into something, when they aren't being heard on something, when they aren't asked their opinion on something, because you know they're smart and everyone needs to value their opinion. No, and by the way, this is what hacks them off most of all when it comes to this. Trump ballroom is what some people like the most about Trump. He doesn't care what they think. He doesn't have to ask Congress, he didn't have to ask the American people for funding. He gets to do what he wants to do and complete his vision without their interference or input, and that infuriates them. Well too bad. And it's that part of Donald Trump's personality that appeals to so many average people. It's the screw you don't get to bully me. I don't care what you think. That part of Trump's personality is what really appeals to all sorts of people and all sorts of us average Americans. We two are sick and tired of all of the whining and moaning and nanning, nannying and bullying from the left and from the slaves to big government. Next thing, this is interesting, Greg. You know there's an appeals court in New Orleans that just struck down a nearly one hundred and sixty year old ban on making liquor at home. Oh really, Yeah, if you think about it, you can distill. People make wine at home for fun, right, and craft beers at home for fun, right. Yeah, you could not distill at home. This law was related to moonshining and distilling liquor without government permission, and it dates back to the Reconstruction era, which is the post Civil War period. Ban was put in place by Congress way back in eighteen sixty eight as a way to make sure the federal government was collecting liquor taxes?
Speaker 4: Can we do that here in Wisconsin? Can we distill liquor?
Speaker 2: I think we can now as a result of this rule. Okay, I know that we have smaller liquor companies that have popped up in Wisconsin. Sure, yeah, yeah, but you know they can't. They weren't doing it at home obviously, like my new hobby. There you go. I was wondering about this because you're not as much of a beer guy anymore as you are a whiskey guy. Oh yeah, maybe you could make whiskey at home. But this was to make it easy for the government to collect liquor taxes. Back after the Civil War, of course, they needed to raise funding to rebuild, but it was easy to make your own liquor at home to avoid the new federal taxation. So in eighteen sixty eight, Congress banned home distilling, and one hundred and fifty eight years later, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals has finally struck it down as the result of a lawsuit filed by the quote Hobby Distillers Association.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: I didn't know this existed. I have to google that, but it amounts to apparently thirteen hundred hobby distillers who've organized into activist groups, and they insist that Americans have the right to distill spirits at home, either as a hobby or for personal consumption, obviously not for sale. Congress does have the ability to ban that, but to drink yourself and to share with friends.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, hang on, they can you can grow your own pot, right, that's true in some states.
Speaker 4: Well, why can't we distill our own booths?
Speaker 2: That's that's good, true. I mean that's true as well. You can't sell pot out of your house. I don't think, no, no, but.
Speaker 4: You can grow your own pillot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the only thing there, you go, The only thing that is banned here now is liquor. Think about and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals just overturned it. But it was a libertarian special interest group, really, the Competitive Enterprise Institute, that backed this lawsuit, and now they've won it both the district and the appeals court's levels, which is fantastic. And you know, Washington Times story says, writing for a three judge panel, the Circuit judge who wrote the decision Edith holand Jones argued that the prohibition not only failed to generate tax revenue, but also overstepped federal authority by criminalizing private activities without a clear constitutional basis. She's right, Judge Jones noted, the government's logic would theoretically allow Congress to outlaw any in home activity such as remote worker small businesses that might evade taxation. Also true, the court found the tax cod's home distilling ban goes beyond Congress's taxation powers and is not necessary and proper to carry out that function. So pretty clear ruling. And I don't see Trump's Department of Justice and Treasury pushing this further and trying to appeal to the court. Apparently after the decision, the Department of Justice and the Treasury Department lawyers who were on the losing end of this didn't have any comment afterward. Now, No, they've lost now at both the district and the appeals court level. I don't think they'll push this under Trump any way to the Supreme Court level. I doubt it, given the agreement between the lower and the appeals court judges on the issue. First of all, and it's the fact that it's Trump's White House and they're ultimately running the Justice and Treasury departments now rather than Biden or Obama. I have zero doubt, no doubt that if our federal government had lost this appeal under a bullying president on the Democrat side like Obama or Biden, Yeah, they'd just turn around and appeal to the Supreme Court. I don't see Trump's Department of Justice or Treasury Department doing this, and if they try it, I wouldn't be surprised if someone in Trump's White House quashes it. Republicans are supposed to be the party of smaller government, less taxation, fewer limits on our liberty. I assume the Trump White House would view things that way when it came up came to this archaic law. But Greg, you can go home today and start setting up your still. Start get a bag of corn on the way home, start setting up the still. There's also this I'm going to sound ancient here. I know you remember the ten cent stamp, right well? Sure, yeah, I remember the three and the five cent stamps. What is it even well? I thought it was like sixty five. It's seventy eight cents. Fir a stanp Yeah, oh man, But I am old enough to remember it took ten cents to send a letter. I had to look this up because I remember the three and five cent stamps still for sale. So when I ran across as what were stamps? What did stamps cost? When I was a kid and I thought you could mail a letter four five cents, Well you couldn't. It was actually ten. According to the Internet, mailing your average piece of mail in the nineteen seventies, which is when I would have been a young child, it costs somewhere between ten and thirteen cents. The three and five cent stamps were still around, though, in case you needed to cobble together thirteen weight.
Speaker 4: They would for the weighty right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's when we were children born, and I was born in nineteen sixty six. I clearly remember the cost of mailing a letter when it was ten cents. I also remember the conversations when it was raised to thirteen cents. By god, this is highway robbery.
Speaker 4: All the old folks were upset.
Speaker 2: So now the cost of a postage stamp is seventy eight cents. This is according to a CNBC story that claims the Post of Service wants to boost this to eighty two cents this July.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, we normally just we use the stamps for on Christmas. When we did get the Christmas cards, and I don't individually buy them, I just buy them by the book.
Speaker 4: Was it thirty five dollars?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't really do the math. It's just yet, what do you need here at twenty twenty two? Yes, that's the same thing. So they're gonna want to boost that eight to eighty two cents this July. And I thought we were still paying about sixty five. So I read this and.
Speaker 4: I was shocked. What what?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Two thoughts on it. Really, First, doesn't this prove how well the so called F stamp has worked to keep the American people in the dark, yes, about how much they're paying for stamp rush Limbrov for years said the American people should have to write out a check and send in their taxes. It shouldn't come automatically out of your paycheck. You should know how much you're being stolen from, and then we'd all demand lower taxes and we'd mean it same thing here. Why did they move to the F stamp? Why did they stop taking the price off of the stamp well, because they were jacking it up so frequently. Oh yeah, it had to be at thirty thirty, thirty three to thirty five stamps for thirty five cents for a very long time. And then all of a sudden, the post office troubles got so financially bad that they just started to regularly boost it up. But the cost, I think most people in this audience probably remember, it used to be printed right in the stamp. It was right there in the corner. This is a thirty three cent stamp. But a decade or two ago, the post Office and our congressman decided it was going to be smarter to take the cost of the stamp off the front because they claim, you know, every time we increase the price, we have to burn the old, unused stamps. That was just an excuse. The reason is they wanted to make take the price off the stamp so that they get less blowback from the public as they increased prices more regularly. And it's worked brilliantly for them, hasn't it. The average Does the average American know what the cost of a postage vamp is these days?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: You or I didn't. I didn't know if I was on who wants to be a millionaire and that was the final question that would get me the million dollars, I could not have come up with seventy eight cents.
Speaker 4: I would have thought a sixty or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I thought we were still in the sixties. And I just guarantee you that the most frugal among us could answer that question correctly, and only the most frugal among us. So it's seventy eight cents going to go quietly to eighty two cents in July, and the vast majority of us will never notice. The Post Office also is asking for an eight percent increase. They're calling it a fuel surcharge to be added for package delivery and express mail. And at this rate, those of us who remember the three cent stamp are also going to live long enough to see it cost a full dollar in order to send a simple piece of mail.
Speaker 4: It's just thinning out the Christmas card list.
Speaker 3: That's what I think we're going to be doing.
Speaker 2: That is, But I mean, this is quite a milestone. I think that milestone when when a postage stamp caught hits a full dollar. Yeah, it has to be probably just a year or two away is based on how often and how regularly the postal service has now started to increase the cost. And I also assume that that milestone a dollar will get national attention and will finally cause all sorts of people to move to paperless building as much as possible. You know, some of us, I'm one of them. I don't know what you and Dorothy do, but some of us would would still rather have a paper bill come in the mail and send out a check. And in my case, it's just a better way to keep track of what's in my bank accounts, what bills have actually been paid. So I still fight going paperless where I can, but it's going to cost five do If it's going to cost five to ten dollars a month just to send out the checks, it's a pretty good sign. Yeah, Yeah, it's time it's time to go paperless. Moreover, I haven't told you about this. Aside from the forever word sing financial crisis that the post office is in, there also seems to be more fraud occurring within and surrounding the mail system. About three weeks ago, my bank alerted me to a fraudulent check. Someone had intercepted one of my checks in the mail and then tried to scrub it blank before filling it in to themselves and forging my signature to cash it.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And luckily this gal was not a master criminal and a bank caught it. They could tell And if thank heavn the bank caught it, or I would have been out about two thousand dollars just stolen out of my checket.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it sounds like in this instance it was a scumming employee at the credit card company who was sifting through the company mail and see what's easy one to do, right, so she was she went stealing that way. This was not the credit card company, It was a it wasn't a criminal postal carrier. But I mean, this did have me thinking, maybe it is time to just go paperless if the scammers are focusing on the paper mail in this manner, and apparently they are. In ballots member that that story this week. Absolutely more of the Jwebber podcast after this. Hey, who's going to tell the country that the average tax refund this year is a whopping twenty four percent higher than it was the year before. That's a solid stat The tax relief included in the Big Beautiful Bill is making a very real, big beautiful difference on our taxes this year? But does anyone know it? If the accomplished media outlets refuse to report on it, Will the average American know that their refund is larger than it would normally be? And why? I highly doubt it. People don't pay that close attention. The average person has no clue as to what they should get back or how much they would normally get back as compared to the refund they'll get back this year. It's important because it's another significant promise. It's being kept by Trump and the Republicans, and they'll get no credit for it because the left wing news outlets will refuse to report on this. You watch so far, there's a virtual blackout on this story. We'll see if it gets any mainstream coverage as we hit official tax Day this week Pril fifteenth, but I doubt it will. This is the first chance Americans have to see the effects of the no tax on tips or overtime provisions that were in the Big Beautiful Bill, or the new tax breaks for seniors on Social Security, et cetera. Those new tax breaks kick in this filing period. The Trump White House says they expect the biggest tax refund season ever based on these new rules. They're saying that the average refund will increase by about one thousand dollars this year. At least that might be puffery. The final totals aren't in yet. Of course, the IRS has just scratched the surface on most refunds, so this will change. But so far, the latest IRS data claims that the quote average refund is about thirty five hundred dollars this year, which is up from thirty two hundred last year. And it's news like this that makes me furious. We have an activist news media now which is really just a leftist propaganda machine. For most of our modern history here in America, this would be a legitimate and interesting news story that most media outlets would have run. Okay, interesting tidbit. It's a nice reminder that the big beautiful B Bill was passed by Congress and signed by Trump. Promises were made within it. Are the American people seeing the benefits of the bill? In years past, that would have been a very appropriate, legitimate and reasonable news story for every news outlet in America. But now with today's so called news media, having given up all pretense of fairness and more accurately, having given up their long standing core mission, which was to be fair and unbiased, now their activist propagandas for the left, there's no way the pro left news media is going to run this story or alert the American people to the fact that the President and the Republican Congress have done a good thing here. You simply will not see tax savings related to this big, beautiful bill reported on or discussed. Because it would be a win for Trump. It would be proof Republicans and Donald Trump saved you money and a significant chunk of money with their tax reform. You're not going to see this reported in any of the traditional corporate mainstream news outlets. Trust me. Next item, I'm happy to see President promised to preemptively pardon all of his close advisers and administration officials when they leave office in twenty twenty nine. Now I'm happy to see it because this is just yet another thing that the Democrats have started. And if this is now going to be the new standard for the left for Democrat administrations, it should be for Republican administrations too. I also want to be clear, just in terms of wanting clean, transparent, responsible government. This is a terrible thing. Trust me. This is a sort of news that is going to have constitutional scholars and purists writing long columns on social media and blasting Trump again for doing something terrible, et cetera. Yeah, put it this way. I can already hear Rick Esenberg and Dan Lennington and the guys at the Wisconsin Institute for Law and Liberty clacking away on their keyboards on this one. It is a terrible thing to erase any chance of lawbreaking amongst the most powerful people in any administration being held accountable and prosecuted for their crimes. And yeah, it's a terrible thing that the preemptive pardon itself even works to discourage any investigation of possible wrongdoing in the future administration. Why investigate and spend all sorts of time and energy and money on it if this person's going to get a pass anyway. So, as a common sense, profounding, father's pro first principal sort of guy, I shouldn't be happy to hear Trump saying this about his preemptive pardons. But I am, and I am because this is yet another terrible and awful thing that the Democrats are fine with and if it protects their scumming actors and their political party, they're good with it. So they're going to keep doing this, even as they make every effort to launch investigations and attacks on every Republican administration possible, to the point that if Donald Trump didn't protect his own people by issuing these preemptive pardons as he leaves office, he'll be one of the dumbest presidents and dumbest people ever. We know that today's rabid leftists are going to keep going after President Trump and everyone who dares to be involved in the Trump administration. Right, this isn't up for debate. If Donald Trump leaves an avenue open for Democrats to bully and smear and destroy his people post presidency, the Democrats and their rabbit activist class are going to take that opening. So just to be a good boss and protect his own people, Trump needs to take this avenue and issue those blanket pardons as he leaves flat out. It's the no brainer decision given the realities of Washington, d C. And modern day left wing politics. This shouldn't even be a tough decision for Trump as the end of his term nears and it sounds like he's already made up his mind. The other day he said to a crowd, I'll pardon everyone who's come within two hundred feet of the oval. One report says several aids say Trump raises the pardons so regularly that some of his advisers now laugh about it. But it follows Joe Biden's sweeping and preemptive end of term pardons to multiple top officials and family members. They say that included, of course, his son Hunter and doctor Anthony Fauci. Yep, the Democrats started this. It was their party that once again broke the long standing norms and decided to a nakedly scummy thing. They set the precedent, so don't be surprised when Trump follows it, simply to ensure that both sides are playing by the same rules. Democrats shouldn't be able to break every norm in every law or rule when they're in charge and then turn around and use those same laws and rules to invent smear campaigns against members of Republican administrations to ruin them. No, and this is worth noting. As hard as the Democrats came after Trump and his team members after term one and then included two bogus impeachments, and as hard as the Democrats went after anyone associated with Trump and term one, Donald Trump did not issue a bunch of pardons as he left office, certainly didn't issue any blanket preemptive pardons. He probably should have done so in certain instances, but he didn't. Now, this scummy I'm protecting every scumbag in my administration from prosecution thing came from Joe Biden and his fellow Democrats cheered as he did it. They can't turn around and pretend Donald Trump is doing something shocking and precedent setting and terrible.
Speaker 4: Now no.
Speaker 2: Next item. The relentless and mindless Trump bashing really into Iran continues this despite the fact that anyone with a brain, and anyone who has followed a law and knows anything about the Iranian regime knows they weren't going to agree to a peace deal. The big headlines are the negotiations fell apart. Well, of course they did. They did because those remaining Iranian leaders have no interest in cooperating with the West. They have no interest in peace with the West. They can't be trusted to live up to an agreement anyway. The most likely outcome here is that the bombing is going to have to continue until Iran's leaders can finally be cowed into agreeing to turn over their thousand barrels of enriched uranium to a UN team of experts. They'll never agree to turn it over directly to America, and at the very least they'll try to save face by turning that over to some nebulous UN team with Russians and Chicoms involved. That's probably how we get that enriched uranium out of Iran's hands, if we do. And by the way, the leftists and the Trump haters are trying to have it both ways on this one too.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: In this era, they want to blast Trump and celebrate the fact that Iran still has enriched uranium, and Trump and Bebe's bombing hasn't led to them giving it up. But in the Obama era, if you remember these Verry saying, people were telling us that President Obama and John Kerrey had ended Iran's nuclear program and had them giving up any enriched uranium. These dolts on the left cannot say Obama ended Iran's nuclear program and got them to turn over their uranium without the need for war, which is what they're saying on social media, and they're saying that in one breath and then giggling over Trump's failure to get the uranium back. Well, you can't do that without ever explaining why and how Iran still has enriched uranium. If Obama and Kerrie ended this, they told us that Obama and his team, in their brilliance, had ended Iran's nuclear program without having to resort to force. You hear that sort of nonsense daily and daily since this started on social media. Folks, today's events are proof that Obama and his team didn't do diddley. Ever since the bogus Obama Cary agreement was put in place, most of us on the right have said, and by the way, most of the international monitors have said, it's a farce of an agreement that Iran never intended to live up to. First, it would have only delayed Ron's nuclear program by a few years. And second, as weak as Obama's agreement was, the Malla is never intended to live up to it anyway, international inspectors said at the time, and they still say to this day. Iran's Mulla's never stopped working on their nuclear or their rocket programs. Ever, not in the years that Obama and John Kerrey spent negotiating the agreement, not after the agreement was done, Not if the agreement was allegedly in place, Not after Obama left office and Trump took over, Not after Trump left office and Biden took over. The global community knows Iran just kept running its rocket in nuclear programs the entire time. The Obama Carey nuclear accord was a complete farce beginning to end. Just a farce. But I have no doubt that the Trump team gives us our best chance at finding a way for Iran to give up those nuclear materials. It's going to take some level of additional military action, most likely. Trump has now closed the Iranian ports in the Strait of Hormones. That too, was just grossly reported all sorts of misleading headlines and reports. Donald Trump didn't move to close the Strait of Hormuz to ship traffic. He moved to close Iran's ports in the Strait of Hormuz. The rest of the shipping lanes will be open, but it's going to take some level of additional military action here, most likely, and Trump isn't going to give up on this or pretend he did something like Obama did. Meanwhile, the New York Times itself is reporting that one reason Iran hasn't reopened the Strait of Hormuz more fully is that they can't remember where they place some of the mines that they peppered around the waters there. Good grief, you know, some people think that they didn't actually mine the straits, they were just pretending they put mines in the water. Well, now Trump and the American team have to figure this out. This has the US military going into the strait now with mine sweeping ships in an effort to have us, the US yet again step up and do the work. As Trump put it on th truth Social, We're now starting the process of clearing out the Strait of Hormuz as a favor to countries all over the world, including China, Japan, South Korea, France, Germany, and many others, he said. Incredibly, they don't have the courage or the will to do the work themselves. Very interestingly, however, empty oil carrying ships from many nations are heading to the United States of America to load up with oil, he said untruth Social. The first part of that, obviously is meant to make it clear that even though the oil that America uses doesn't need to come through the Strait of hormuves, it's the US and our military who are once again stepping up to help the global community get their oil more cheaply. The second part of his is a reference to how much more American oil is being sold as a way to make up for the shortages coming out of the Persian Gulf. This is Trump, the perpetual business man, pointing out that America and America's oil industry is profiting from Iran's little stunt here, and he's right. By weaponizing the Strait of Hormuz as a strategy, Iran's malas are only pushing an even greater shift toward Western oil, aren't they. They don't seem to see this yet, nor do the pundits and the Trump haters who just want to claim America is on the losing end of every city situation. But with the trouble in Ukraine, we've seen all sorts of countries shift away from Russian oil and natural gas and start buying it from America, which has harmed the Russian economy greatly. Right well, now we have ironzmull As thinking that they're being smart by forcing their new batch of countries into shifting their purchasing agreements over to American producers too. How exactly is this harming America or the West long term? It's not. The most likely outcome here is that if the Persian Gulf sales remain choked off like this for any amount of time, it's going to have more and more buyers shifting over to purchasing from American and Western produced oil and natural gas companies because it's just a more stable and a more reliable way to do it, and they're going to stay there long term. Why not stay because this is a more stable and reliable way to fulfill your energy needs. My point is, even as Trump haters on both sides whine about how terrible it is that Iran still controls the straight of hormones, etc. The fact that they do is harming them and helping us. The Trump haters just can't see it, or they refuse to. At this point in the war, two problems remain related to that strait. The first is that the Iranian military apparently cannot remember where they've laid some of the mines that they've been using to control traffic through there. And then second, our military has sunk every major ship in the Iranian army, but there's still a bunch of smaller, nimble speed boats that the Iranians are using to menace some of the traffic on the water. These evil dopes can still intimidate commercial captains and shoot rockets at ships from those smaller boats, and they could still collish problems that way, And so Pete Hegseth and the Trump Pentagon are going to have to come up with a plan to blow them out of the water every time they emerge, too. And because the Mullas are still in charge of Iran, we on our side are going to have to get to a point at which any remaining Iranian military cannot menace boats on the open water. Trump's White House claims they've eliminated Iran's ability to shoot ballistic missiles at anyone or produce any more ballistic missiles. Great, but they need to find a way to eliminate Iran's ability to launch shoulder held rockets or use heavier weaponry against commercial ships from those small boats. That is the challenge now. But of course the peace talks broke down. Iran's leaders were never serious about them, and they owe their very existence to combating the West, fighting the Great Satan, et cetera. Vice President Vance said it on Sunday, Iran won't even agree to not pursue nuclear weapons. I mean, all this could be cleared up if the leaders of Iran simply vowed they were done trying to get the nuclear bomb, just give up your nuclear materials and program and move on. Sounds like an easy concession at this point, but the Mullahs will not do it. They just have to fight the Great Satan. It's why they exist. This, meanwhile, is the main goal of the US military effort, isn't it. So President Trump isn't going to agree to anything short of that, at least not this early in the negotiations. He's done a good thing here now moving to block traffic out of the Iranian ports. That ratchets up the pressure on Iran. They can't sell the oil, get it to market. It also ratchets up the pressure on the Chinese because they apparently get like eighty percent of their oil through that strait of horror moves. So we'll see how they react. But President Trump clearly wants Iran to give up their uranium without more fighting, if possible. But he's not going to agree to a deal that doesn't include that uranium period. And so that's where we are now on the Iran question. I love how the leftist media is back to promoting Kamala Harris as an exciting twenty twenty eight contender. My god, it's a replay of their never ending attempt to force Hillary Clinton onto us. Over the years, this left wing news media spent two decades, at least two decades being the hype men for Hillary. It was twenty years of glowing personality profiles and gushing praise about how smart and wonderful and capable she is, and the bulk of the American people never bought it. Now those same accomplished media members are trying to do the same with Kamala, and in an era in which they no longer feel like they need to pretend they're unbiased either. So it's really bad.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: At least back in the Clinton Bush and Obama eras, the people running these news outlets felt like they had to hide their bias and at least try to be sort of fair or sound sort of fair. That's no longer the case. These major news outlets are all open cheerleaders for the left.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: If you doubt that, look at the complete hysteria and implosion currently underway at CBS News because corporate execs dared to hire Bari Weese to run the news operation. Weese isn't even close to being a conservative. She's a left winger herself, and their beef with her is that we Se decided that as a liberal, she's also still interested in a more balanced news product or more balanced coverage. CBS News employees are in a full mutiny against her because she wants them to be fair. But here we are, three years away from the next election and about a year away from any real candidate declarations on anyone who wants to run, and these news outlets are back to focusing on Kamala Harris. They're starting the effort early to try to make her palatable to the American people again, And I say again, but the truth is, Kamala Harris was never appealing to the American people. And I was one of the first to point it out out back in twenty twenty when Cammi ran for the first time. I said, this woman is an incompetent fraud, and she thinks that because she's black, she can get the nomination. Or you know, she's fooling someone that had black listeners to my radio show calling in and emailing and telling me, oh no, no, we don't like her either. The black community hates her because she's passing herself off as an African American who's lived our shared experience, and she hasn't. Kamala grew up rich with an accomplished Indian mother and a Jamaican father. She has no idea what it means to be black in America. My callers were right. In twenty twenty, Kamala only polled at about seven percent among South Carolina's black voters, and she had to drop out before the voting started in the primary in Iowa. The country, including America's black voters, knew she was a fraud in twenty twenty. So what's changed. Well, you know, despite her unpopularity, Joe Biden chose her to be his running mate solely do on skin color. He'd promised the racist on the left that he would choose a black woman as veep, and he did so. Yes, Kamala has served as vice president for four years now, and she was a bad one. And during that time, Kamala Harris has been even more fully exposed as the lightweight and pretender that she is. This is just not a smart woman. During that four years, it became apparent that Kamala Harris only pretends to know things, and moreover, she refuses to do the harder work of actually learning the material and turning herself into a competent, learned individual. Kamala Harris is now famous for not reading the notes she's been given to prep for an event, or even before she speaks to a crowd. She's now famous for rambling, drawn out incoherent sentences and an attempt to sound smart. If anything, Americans are going to be even less interested in Kamala in twenty twenty eight. It's clear that she and her minions in the media think there's going to be a hunger for Cami in twenty twenty eight. They clearly believe the American people are going to know that they made a mistake by not electing her in twenty twenty four. And that's simply not going to be the case. You know, just because people think Trump is awful, we made a mistake doesn't mean they'll think they made a mistake in rejecting Kamala. And to be clear, I don't think Trump is awful. I am very impressed with his second term. I think Trump is great. But even if more Americans than ever think that they made a mistake in voting for Donald Trump, it doesn't mean they're going to think they made a mistake in not voting for Kamala. Those are two different things. Trump could have disappointed us, but Kamala can still be an idiot who should never hold office again. Correct, And so I stand by my prediction that Kamala Harris will not be the Democrats twenty twenty eight nominee, and I'm more certain than of it than ever. Kamala is having another little moment again, and it had Frank Lunz, the polster, saying, you know, Kamala Harris has led ten of the last fifteen polls taken on who the Democrat nominee should be in twenty twenty eight. Okay, And those results are honest to god, people, because the average American can't name anyone else on the Democrat side of the aisle who might be running for president in twenty eight off the top of their heads when the pollster calls. I used to explain this routinely on my radio show. This happens in the early polls, and it's why they're useless. There is a deep political ignorance in this country, and can be on both sides of the aisle, but there's a deep political ignorance in this country. And at this point, most people have at least heard of Kamala. After all, she was on the ticket last time, so she's the Democrat who they can name. When the pollsters ask then this question, the respondents give Kamala's name. That's all that's going on here. It's like if I asked you which cotton swab brand you prefer, your answer would be what Q tip because you can't name a single or the company that makes cotton swabs.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: That's how most Americans are when it comes to naming candidates or naming the Supreme Court justices, etc. You've all seen the jay walking segments on Leno's old show. You've all seen the man in the street interviews on social media where people are asked about politics just off the cuff. Nearly all of them sound like idiots because so few of them actually follow politics. So who should be the Democrat nominee in twenty twenty eight? Kamala Newsom. Last week we had this a poll from the Center Square that found Harris remains the potential frontrunner for the twenty twenty eight presidential race. They say thirty one percent of Democrats and left leaning independence said they would vote for Harris if the Democrat presidential primary were held today. Eighteen percent say they were unsure, while another sixteen percent say they would support California Governor Gavin Newsom. Ooh, Kamala's so popular. No, not really, most people could name Kamala as a Democrat who might run for president. I would ask you to notice that I don't know came in second. I don't know came in second. That means that nearly two in ten respondents couldn't even name a single Democrat contender off the top of their heads other than Kamala and coming in third. About one in ten could name Gavin Newsom.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's a test of people's political knowledge more than it is an interesting twenty twenty eight poll. It's not. It's what any political insider would expect to see at this point. But Oh, Kamala appeared in an Al Sharpton race fest, and Oh the crowd loved her, did they? This was Reverend Al Shopton's National Action Network Convention, which is an annual gathering of black civic leaders, activists, and voters in New York. A piece says it serves as the first major informal audition for potential twenty twenty eight Democratic candidates to pitch themselves for one of the party's most powerful constituencies. They say Former Vice President Kamala Harris packed to the hall to capacity and was met with multiple standing ovations and chance encouraging her to run again. Listen, she said, I might, I'm thinking about it. In fact, I've got the cut here, But if you heard it, it was a long, drawn out, stumbly tortured Kamala Harris. This was a three minute response that exposed again what a pretender she really is.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm I'm I'm thinking about it. I'm thinking about it, but let me say this. Let me let me say this. I am thinking about it, but let me let me also say this. Look, I I served for four years being a heart beat away from the presidency of the United States. I spent countless hours in my West wing office, footsteps away from the Oval office. I spent countless hours in the Oval office in the situation room. I know what the job is and I know what it requires.
Speaker 2: And she rambled down like that for another two minutes and actually said nothing. The accomplice press really really had to clean up the quote in order to run these stories about how O Kamala might run. Kamala's appearance at the Sharpton event was as embarrassing as any other Kamala appearance. She sits there and pretends to know what she's talking about, and she stretches, and she hems, and she rolls that right hand of hers in the air as her brain overheats, and what comes out is the most incoherent crap imaginable, only to have the crowd kind of applaud and pretend they understand her. In fact, anyone who saw this larger event and saw more of her could hear very light and confused smatterings of applause at times that some people in the crowd thought might be an applause line, or thought maybe I should clap here. We she stopped talking, and I didn't really understand that but I'm supposed to clap here, right. I have another perfect example of Kamala Harris for you. She's simply asked about how she would combat inflation.
Speaker 3: Else, are you going to do to fix this problem with inflation?
Speaker 5: Thank you? Well, let's start with this. Prices have gone up, and families and individuals are dealing with the realities of that bread costs more, that gas costs more, and we have to understand what that means. That's about the cost of living going up. That's about having to stress and stretch limited resources. That's about a source of stress for families that is not only economic, but is on a daily level, something that is a heavy weight to carry. So it is something that we take very seriously from the history of this issue in the United States that when you see these prices go up, it has a direct impact on the quality of life for all people in our country. So it's a big issue and we take it seriously and it is a priority.
Speaker 2: There for now, an idiot might think she actually said something there, but especially if you watch the video, it's apparent you can hear the gears start to slowly turn after she's asked the question, and then she scrambles for an answer, and she tells you what you already know. She's telling you the obvious and presenting it to you as though you're a first grader. But I think that she is going through her own mental catalog there and telling you what she knows about any given topic, and it's not much. So she talks to you like a third grader. She rambles for over a minute, and she never does answer the question. Classic Kamala Harris. She's more of an airhead idiot than ever. And if the voters of the Democrat Party really can't see it in twenty twenty eight, God help us all. But they can see it, which is why they rejected her. In twenty twenty and twenty twenty four. The two easiest predictions in the world to make are Kamala Harris will not be the twenty twenty eight Democrat nominee, and the leftist media are going to spend the next three years relentlessly trying to convince the American people that she should be. But if Hillary Clinton was a tird that they never could polish up to look appealing to us, Kamala Harris is even a bigger pile of dung and there is zero chance her fans in the media will be any more successful selling her than they did selling Hillary.
Speaker 1: The Jay Webber Podcast is a production of iHeartRadio podcasts, produced and engineered by Gregory John. The Jay Webber Podcast is presented by Creative Planning, helping clients simplify their journey to financial wellness, one personalized plan at a time. Listen to all of Jay Weber's podcasts, available on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.